Subject: Re: [Mobike] intermediate mobike design draft update

From: Francis Dupont <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2005 14:53:29 +0100

In your previous mail you wrote:

   It's a separate question whether the current paths should be
   equal in stable situations (where NATs are not present). In
   MOPO-IKE, they are (the responder uses the path selected by the
   initiator).  In SCTP, they're not (each peer makes its selection
   independently).  I'm not sure which is the case for
   draft-dupont-ikev2-addrmgmt (Francis, could you clarify this?)
   
=> I don't remember if I already answered... My proposal is flexible:
in the common case the paths are equal but as the selection is in
fact independent one can make them not equal. BTW the control is on
your address the other peer should use for you, i.e., on the destination
address of incoming packets. Of course you can use another address as
source of outgoing address.

Regards

[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Mobike mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.machshav.com/mailman/listinfo.cgi/mobike