Subject: [Mobike] issue 16, recovering from problems that show just a lack of packets

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2005 20:52:36 +0200

Joe, Hannes,

We had a lengthy discussion about this in December. Here's what
I think the conclusion was:

o  MOBIKE can be affected by multiple sources of information,
    both local (L2 tells it no longer is connected) and path-related
    (DPD tells that we have a problem).

o Retrying with new addresses (src and dst) is OK under such
   problem situations. Recommend leaving specific address
   selection to lower layers in the stack, e.g., unspecifed source
   address when using API to IP.

o Potential interference with dynamic routing protocols needs
   to be noted & documented.

--Jari

_______________________________________________
Mobike mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.machshav.com/mailman/listinfo.cgi/mobike

---

From: Joe Touch <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 18:44:28 -0800

>   to be noted & documented.

That all seems reasonable to me.

Joe