Subject: [Mobike] MOBIKE -existing Mobile VPN

From: "Shaili Desai" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 00:46:22 -0500

Hello all

I was reading through RFC 4555 and could understand that MOBIKE adds
additional notification messages containing additional IP addresses and
sends these notifications when it detects mutlitple IP addresses.
I have couple of questions:

1)How does MOBIKE add more features than existing Mobile VPN solutions like
Cisco Mobile VPN and also Netmotion Wireless.Though Netmotion does it
through Virtual IP addresses.
I am not able to figure out,that Cisco Mobile VPN makes IPsec tunnel run
inside MIP tunnel and so to end user it  is still transparent and it
maintains the VPN connection with mobility.
2) So does MOBIKE , implement MIP tunnel inside the IPsec tunnel?As in the
RFC it says the outer header is the address which would change and not the
inner header of the tunnel. So, does MOBIKE apply the case 1, that is
section 2.1 of RFC 4093?
3) Also are there any figures and data available which says that MOBIKE does
improve the performance over existing Mobile VPN solutions.Were there any
performance tests which gave us the data, that clearly states the
requirement of MOBIKE over existing Mobile VPN solutions?
It would be great if someone can respond to my query. I am trying to work on
Mobile VPN for heterogenous networks, as my MS research study at University
of Maryland.

And if  someone can help me answer these questions, I would be more than
glad.

Thanks in advance and sorry if I am asking too naive questions.

-- 
Thanx
Shaili Desai
Master's Candidate
Telecommunications and Management
University of Maryland,College Park,USA
_______________________________________________
Mobike mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.machshav.com/mailman/listinfo.cgi/mobike