Subject: [MOBILE-IP] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mobileip-mn-nai-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 06:39:59 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Routing for Wireless/Mobile Hosts Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Mobile IP Network Access Identifier Extension for IPv4
        Author(s)       : P. Calhoun, C. Perkins
        Filename        : draft-ietf-mobileip-mn-nai-07.txt
        Pages           : 7
        Date            : 12-Jan-00

AAA servers are in use within the Internet today to provide
authentication and authorization services for dial-up computers.
Such services are likely to be equally valuable for mobile nodes
using Mobile IP when the nodes are attempting to connect to foreign
domains with AAA servers.  AAA servers today identify clients by
using the Network Access Identifier (NAI). Our proposal defines a way
for the mobile node to identify itself, by including the NAI along
with the Mobile IP Registration Request.  This draft also updates
RFC2290 which specifies the Mobile-IPv4 Configuration option for
IPCP, by allowing the Mobile Node's Home Address field of this option
to be zero.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mobileip-mn-nai-07.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
        "get draft-ietf-mobileip-mn-nai-07.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
        [email-masked].
In the body type:
        "FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mobileip-mn-nai-07.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
        MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
        feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
        command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
        a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
        exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
        "multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
        up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
        how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.