Subject: [MOBILE-IP] draft-ietf-mobileip-vendor-ext-09.txt

From: Patrice Calhoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 16:58:19 -0800

Is there anyway that we could change "Critical Vendor/Organization Specific
Extension (CVSE)" to have the Length aligned on a 16 bit boundary? This
would be more consistent with the new Generalized Authentication and Key
drafts, and would provide consistent extension parsing.

PatC

---

From: "Kent K. Leung" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 17:28:40 -0800

The CVSE is not an Authentication extension, so I'm not clear
why it should follow this convention?  Doesn't this conflict
with MIER draft?

2.2 New [Proposed] Mobile IP Extension format

    This draft proposes the following structure for Mobile IP
    extensions to be carried in the Mobile IP control messages.

     0                   1                   2                   3
     0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1
    +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
    |     Type      |             Length            |    Sub-Type   |
    +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
    |                           Data      .....
    +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

-- Kent --