Subject: [MOBILE-IP] Greetings from the world of NUS Mobile IP

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2000 22:41:44 +0800

Greetings from the world of NUS Mobile IP! At the dawn of this new
millenium, here are some news and updates from the Mobile IP project
here at the National University of Singapore:

- Source code to "Utilizing Wavelan Signal-Strength Measurement to Improve
  the Handoff Performance of Mobile IP" is now available. The code and
  documentation can be obtained from
  http://mip.ee.nus.edu.sg/v3.0beta/btlabs/
  We would like to publicly thank and acknowledge the efforts of David Pavon
  and Mohammed Shabeer of British Telecoms (BT) Labs UK for implementing this
  code and for kindly letting us have the code for inclusion into future
  releases of "NUS MIPv4 for Linux". Thank you BT Labs UK 8-)
- An M.Eng thesis regarding "Mobile IP and RSVP" integration is now
  available for download. Just go to the Technical Papers section of our
  web page to obtain it.
- Some preliminary work is underway by the global NUS Mobile IP community
  to port the "NUS MIPv6 for Linux" codes to the 2.2/2.3 Linux kernel.
  More information and some code can be obtained from
  http://mip.ee.nus.edu.sg/mipv6/v1.1-workinprogress/
  Please do drop us a mail if you're interested in helping out in this
  porting effort.

The NUS Mobile IP project needs you! Central to the future of the NUS Mobile
IP project is its global open-source NUS Mobile IP community of volunteer
researchers and developers. Please let us know if you are interested in
participating in the many projects available:
- Two ambitious umbrella projects requiring your expertise:
        - Umbrella Project 1 - Extreme Mobile IP: MIP for Mission Critical
          and Enterprise Environments.
          Looking into issues such as:
                - Improving the scalability performance of MIP.
                - Management of MIP systems.
                - Robustness and Reliable MIP.
                - Universal Firewall Traversal for MIP.
        - Umbrella Project 2 - Value-added Mobile IP.
          Looking into issues such as:
                - Improving the Handoff Performance of Mobile IP via Fast
                  Handoff and RAFA. (completed)
                - MIP and RSVP/IntServ integration. (almost completed)
                - MIP and MPLS integration. (ongoing)
                - MIP and DiffServ integration.
                - MIP and ATM integration.
                - Mobile networks support under MIP. (ongoing)
                - MIP and SNMP integration.
                - MIP and MANET integration.
                - MIP and 3G integration.
- Further improvements to the "NUS MIPv4 for Linux", "NUS MIPv6 for Linux"
  and "NUS MIPv4 for Windows" software packages.

We here at the NUS Mobile IP project would like to wish the Mobile IP community
a belated Merry Xmas and a Happy Millenium New Year.

Best Regards,
Foo Chun Choong,
The NUS Mobile IP Project, http://mip.ee.nus.edu.sg
National University of Singapore
[email-masked]