Subject: [MOBILE-IP] Any Info on the Ericsson Mobile IPv6 impl.

From: Theo PAGTZIS <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 17:39:13 +0000

Can anyone point to more info about Ericssons mobile IPv6 implementation??

Cheers

Theo

---

From: Conny Larsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 07:29:16 +0100

Hi Theo,

I'm one of the implementers to the Ericsson Mobile IPv6 code. We don't have
any public material available but I can give you a short summary.

Our development platform is FreeBSD and we are using the IPv6 implementation
from the KAME team. We have implemented everything according to
draft-ietf-mobileip-ipv6-09.txt except support for renumbering of the home
subnet. IPSec should work but we have not been able to test it due to some
problems when parsing a file containing SA and SP data.

We have had it up and running for quite some time now and it has been very
stable during the tests that we have performed.

We made a delivery to the KAME team for a couple of months ago but
unfortunately the  delivery was not easy to import for the KAME team. To
save a lot of job for Itojun and make future deliveries easy to import in
the KAME repository we have decided to reorganise the structure of the code
and make a new delivery of it no later than the 7th of February. The status
today is that we have changed our repository and we are currently making the
changes needed to get the code starting.

Hopefully, once the code has been delivered to KAME, the code will be public
available from their repository. If this is not the case, i.e. the KAME team
does not chose to use our code , you can send me a e-mail and I will make a
delivery to you.

Regards
Conny Larsson
Ericsson

 > -----Original Message-----
 > From: IP Routing for Wireless/Mobile Hosts (mobile-ip)
 > [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Theo PAGTZIS
 > Sent: den 24 januari 2000 18:39
 > To: [email-masked]
 > Subject: [MOBILE-IP] Any Info on the Ericsson Mobile IPv6 impl.
 >
 >