Subject: Re: [MOBILE-IP] Is it possible?

From: "Lipford, Mark" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 11:14:03 -0600

My understanding of mobile IP is that a client can be registered to multiple
FA at once.  This should not be an issue.

        -----Original Message-----
        From:   Ren-Shiou Liu [mailto:[email-masked]]
        Sent:   Tuesday, January 25, 2000 7:28 AM
        To:     [email-masked]
        Subject:        [MOBILE-IP] Is it possible?

        Hello everyone,
           I was wondering if it is possible for a mobile node, with
overlapping
        wireless cells, to receive multiple agent advertisements from
different
        foreign agents? If it is possible, what should the mobile node do?
And
        dose this imply that the underlying link layer has the capability of
receiving
        data from multiple agents? Thank you for your reply!

        --
        Jason Liu, Parallel and Distributed Processing Lab.
        Dept. of Computer Science & Information Engineering
        National Chiao-Tung University, Hsinchu, Taiwan
        E-Mail: [email-masked]

---

From: "Charles E. Perkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 20:59:21 -0800

Hello Mark,

It is possible for a mobile node to enter simultaneous registrations
and thus have more than one care-of address.  However, this feature
has not, to my knowledge, been tested at any interoperability event.
Thus, unless it is shown to be interoperable, there is the likelihood
that the feature will be dropped from the standard as we pass from
Proposed Standard to Draft Standard (possibly later this year).

If people would like to keep this feature, I think it is important
to demonstrate implementations that make use of the feature.

Regards,
Charlie P.