Subject: [MOBILE-IP] Conclusion: Consensus for the extensions template defined in MIER

From: Basavaraj Patil <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 13:54:59 -0600

>
>The MIER draft (draft-ietf-mobileip-mier-00.txt) states that all new
>extensions defined for Mobile IP in the future MUST follow the
>template that is specified in the document.
>The difference from the existing definition specified in RFC2002 is
>that adds a subtype field and the length field is increased two
>octets.
>
>If you have concerns or disagree with this proposal, please express it
>on the mailing list by the end of this week.
>

Based on the opinions received from the (active) WG members on the
issue of the MIER draft (draft-ietf-mobileip-mier-00.txt), the
consensus is:

- there is a strong disagreement to mandate the template proposed in
  this draft as the one that MUST be followed by all new extensions.

The draft will need to undergo revisions to comply with the WG
sentiments.

-Basavaraj