Subject: [MOBILE-IP] FA Assisted Hand-off I-D

From: Patrice Calhoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 09:30:41 -0800

Chairs and WG,

James Kempf and I submitted a draft a couple of weeks ago, which would
extend Mobile IP to further reduce the latency involved in the hand-off.
This seems really important given the number of threads recently that
pertain to IP in cellular networks, and the need for a low latency
hand-off.

The question I have for the WG is whether this draft should be
considered a WG work item.

Thanks,

PatC

---

From: Basavaraj Patil <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 13:42:42 -0600

>considered a WG work item.

Pat,

Before the WG can take this document as a WG item we need to spur more
discussion and interest in it. With that in mind I would suggest that
we hold on to making a decision if it should be a WG document until
after Adelaide.

I would encourage WG members to provide comments and feedback on this
draft through the discussion list in the interim period.

-Basavaraj