Subject: [MOBILE-IP] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mobileip-mier-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2000 06:39:52 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Routing for Wireless/Mobile Hosts Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Mobile IP Extensions Rationalization (MIER)
        Author(s)       : M. Khalil, R. Narayanan, H. Akhtar, E. Qaddoura
        Filename        : draft-ietf-mobileip-mier-00.txt
        Pages           : 7
        Date            : 05-Jan-00

It is in the interest of the Mobile IP WG to conserve the
usage of the type field since we see many drafts proposing
new extensions for Mobile IP. Therefore there is a real
need to find ways to limit the usage of the type field in the
extensions structure. MIER describes a new extension
structure to Mobile IP to make the extensions far more
extensible.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mobileip-mier-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
        "get draft-ietf-mobileip-mier-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
        [email-masked].
In the body type:
        "FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mobileip-mier-00.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
        MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
        feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
        command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
        a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
        exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
        "multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
        up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
        how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.