Subject: [MOBILE-IP] Reverse tunnels, bcast packets and RFC2002bis

From: Luca Salgarelli <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 10:37:45 -0500

Hi.

Reading both RFC2344 and RFC2002(bis) I found no reference to what a
multi-homed HA should do with packets addressed to itself, i.e. coming from
a reverse tunnel from a registered client, with the inner destination
address set to broadcast.

I guess the logic would be that, after having passed all the security
checks specified in 4.3.2 of RFC2344, the HA should inject the broadcast
packet only on the interface that is on the home-net of the client.

I was wondering if a clarification on this point should be put in
RFC2002bis.

Thanks
Luca

--
_________________
Luca Salgarelli
Bell Laboratories
Room 4F-506
101 Crawfords Corner Rd.
Holmdel, NJ 07733, USA
Tel: +1-732-332-6870
Fax: +1-732-949-7397
E-mail: [email-masked]