Subject: [MOBILE-IP]

From: Amar <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2000 13:41:37 -0600

Hello,

     I want to do a project on Mobile IP. For this I am looking at the Mobile IP implementation in Linux. Please give me ideas as to what I can do. I am willing to do a real time project or a simulation. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Amar.

---

From: Tom Weckström <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2000 00:13:38 +0200

> Amar wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
>      I want to do a project on Mobile IP. For this I am looking at the
> Mobile IP implementation in Linux. Please give me ideas as to what I
> can do. I am willing to do a real time project or a simulation. Any
> help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Amar.

Hello Amar!

Dynamics - HUT Mobile IP is a Mobile IP implementation for Linux.
In addition to its close-to-complete RFC2002 compliance, Dynamics - HUT
Mobile IP also supports Foreign Agent hierarchies, a feature that really
improves handoff times. Dynamics also has a built in support for
__secure signaling__, smooth handoffs, signal strength measurement, and
roaming decision policies for Wireless LANs.

In addition, the current 0.7-prerelease3 version supports duplicate
private home addresses of Mobile Nodes in the Foreign Network,
FA-registration funtionality to let the upper FAs know the FAs
underneath it in the hierarchy, and vendor extensions (as of
draft-ietf-mobileip-vendor-ext-08.txt).

Dynamics has been tested mainly on Linux 2.2.x kernels. There is a
conference paper available about our performance measurements with the
old v0.5 and v0.6-pre4.

Dynamics is beeing developed under GPL license. The source code is
available on our web site. Feel free to find more about Dynamics - HUT
Mobile IP on our web pages at
http://www.cs.hut.fi/Research/Dynamics/

Best Regards,
                Tom

--
        Tom Weckström           Dynamics group
                                Helsinki University of Technology
                                [email-masked]
                                http://www.cs.hut.fi/Research/Dynamics/