Subject: [MOBILE-IP] some doubts about mobile ip

From: Meeta Sharma <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 01:27:14 -0800

Dear Sir,

I am a graduate student at University of Southern California, Los Angeles,
working on a project for network protocol verification and testing . As a
case study i am looking at mobile ip for modeling it to be tested under
our methodology.

I have some doubts about certain scenarios:

1. When a mobile node crashes, then it looses it information and again
starts in the state for discovering it's connectivity. But how would it
come to know that the reply it gets from it's some agent with the 'f' bit
set then, how would it know to whom to register with, that is does not
have any information about it's home agent. ( this is supposing that the
node is not in it's home network)

2. When a home agent crashes, then what would happen, how would a new
agent be assigned as the home agent?

Looking forward to your reply,
Thanks,
Regards,
Meeta