Subject: Re: [MOBILE-IP] RFC2002 bis

From: Roberts Phil-QA3445 <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2000 15:15:57 -0600

It's important to turn this around quickly if we want it to replace 2002 and
then move this from proposed standard to draft standard.  We discussed in
Washington about the amount of work that will be involved from moving to
proposed to draft and agreed that we should update 2002 while working on
getting enough implementations to move to draft standard.  Getting the
replacement done quickly would allow us to get to draft standard this year,
hopefully.

Phil

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, February 08, 2000 2:56 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [MOBILE-IP] RFC2002 bis

Hello,

At the last IETF meeting in Washington D.C we concluded that
RFC2002 bis would obsolete the existing Mobile IP for IPv4
RFC (2002). Charles Perkins has published the latest version of
the draft (http://www.iprg.nokia.com/~charliep/txt/mobileip/mobileip.txt)
and has incorporated suggestions made on the discussion
list on various issues.
This is the time to make comments and suggestions to the draft
for consideration and debate. Please review the new version
of RFC2002 bis and provide your comments and feedback.

-Basavaraj Patil