Subject: [MOBILE-IP] Mobile IP Session Identifier Extension

From: Pete McCann <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 10:59:44 -0600

Hi,

Kent Leung and I have put together a new internet draft called the
Mobile IP Session Identifier Extension.  You can find a copy at:

http://www.bell-labs.com/~mccap/publications/ids/draft-ietf-mobileip-sessionid-00.txt

I submitted it to the i-d editor on Friday but it may take a while for
it to appear in the ftp directory.  Right now it has the ietf-mobileip
in the name in the hopes of making it a working group item, although
this is not yet official.

This draft describes the Session Identifier which allows a user with
a single NAI to register multiple times on the same HA.  This might
be useful, for instance, if the user has 2 or 3 devices, all of which
need separate IP addresses assigned by the same HA.  The draft also
describes behavior to be followed by the MN and HA when a MN returns
home and wishes to de-register all mobility bindings but wants to
continue using a dynamically assigned address.  This is functionality
that is currently unspecified in the NAI draft.

Comments welcome.

-Pete