Subject: [MOBILE-IP] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mobileip-rfc2344-bis-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2000 06:13:15 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Routing for Wireless/Mobile Hosts Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Reverse Tunneling for Mobile IP, revised
        Author(s)       : G. Montenegro
        Filename        : draft-ietf-mobileip-rfc2344-bis-01.txt
        Pages           : 27
        Date            : 29-Feb-00

Mobile IP uses tunneling from the home agent to the mobile
node's care-of address, but rarely in the reverse direction.
Usually, a mobile node sends its packets through a router on the
foreign network, and assumes that routing is independent of
source address.  When this assumption is not true, it is
convenient to establish a topologically correct reverse tunnel
from the care-of address to the home agent.
This document proposes backwards-compatible extensions to Mobile
IP to support topologically correct reverse tunnels.  This
document does not attempt to solve the problems posed by
firewalls located between the home agent and the mobile node's
care-of address.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mobileip-rfc2344-bis-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
        "get draft-ietf-mobileip-rfc2344-bis-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
        [email-masked].
In the body type:
        "FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mobileip-rfc2344-bis-01.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
        MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
        feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
        command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
        a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
        exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
        "multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
        up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
        how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.