Subject: [MOBILE-IP] Question on Mobile IP NAI format

From: Mark Jones <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 18:06:35 -0500

I have a question on the 'Mobile IP Network Access Identifier for IPv4'
draft.

Section 2 of draft-ietf-mobileip-mn-nai-07.txt contains the following
statement:

   The Mobile Node NAI extension, shown in figure 1, contains the user
   and/or host name following the format defined in [1].

where reference [1] is to RFC2486: The Network Access Identifier.

However, an NAI of 'user and/or host name' is not consistent with the
definition for the NAI format in RFC2486 which defines the NAI as either
username or username@realm.

I assume that the Mobile Node NAI is still intended to uniquely identify
the user and not a host. Is this correct?

Regards,
       Mark

---

From: Patrice Calhoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2000 13:04:29 -0800

Yes that is correct. Substitute the username for hostname.

PatC