Subject: [MOBILE-IP] WoWMoM-2000: Call for Papers

From: Ramesh Yeraballi <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 17:18:24 -0600

Hello Everybody,
You may have received this announcement in the begining of February. This
is a reminder that the deadline for submission is fast approaching (April
25th). The workshop was a phenomenal success last year both due to the
quality of papers and the audience turnout. We hope to repeat or even
better this year.

My apologies if you receive multiple copies of this announcement.

Regards
Ramesh Yerraballi

-----------------------------------
  Dr. Ramesh Yerraballi
  Assistant Professor, Dept. of CSE
  Univ. of Texas at Arlington
  Phone: (817)-272-5128 e-mail: [email-masked]
-----------------------------------

                           Call for Papers
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
                 The Third ACM International Workshop on

        WIRELESS MOBILE MULTIMEDIA (WoWMoM-2000)

              (to be held in conjunction with MobiCom-2000)

                      August 11, 2000 (Friday)
              Seaport Hotel at the World Trade Center
                     Boston, Massachusetts, USA

                     Sponsored by ACM SIGMOBILE
         with support from Nortel Networks, Microsoft Research,
              University of California at Riverside, and
   DIMACS - The Center for Discrete Mathematics & Theoretical Computer Science, and
           CReWMaN at the University of Texas at Arlington

             URL: http://www.cse.uta.edu/crew/wowmom-2000/

               SUBMISSION DEADLINE:  April  25, 2000

GENERAL CHAIR

Sajal K. Das, Director
Center for Research in Wireless Mobility and Networking (CReWMaN)
Department of Computer Science and Engineering       Tel: (817) 272-7405
The University of Texas at Arlington                 Fax: (817) 272-3784
Arlington, TX 76019-0015                          E-mail: [email-masked]

PROGRAM CO-CHAIRS

Satish K. Tripathi, Dean                       Kalyan Basu, Director
William R. Johnson, Jr. Family Professor       Wireless Technologies
Bourns College of Engineering                  Nortel Networks
University of California                       2201 Lakeside Blvd
Riverside, CA 92521-0425                       Richardson, TX 75083
USA                                            USA

Phone: (909) 787-6374                         Phone : (972) 684-5399
Fax:   (909) 787-3188                         Fax   : (972) 684-3775
E-mail: [email-masked]                 E-mail: [email-masked]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
IMPORTANT DATES:

     Paper Submissions Deadline:        April 25, 2000
     Acceptance Notification:           June 1, 2000
     Camera-ready Manuscripts:          June 15, 2000
     Workshop                           August 11, 2000
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

SCOPE:
Over the last decade there has been a rapid growth of wireless
communication technology. Voice communication using cellular phones has
matured and become a significant part of our life today. In the recent
past, the emergence of portable computing devices such as notebook
computers and personal digital assistants have led to the opportunity
of such services as electronic mail, fax and calendar/diary programs
being provided to mobile or roving users. Observing this trend, it can
be predicted that the traffic over next generation, high-speed wireless
networks will be dominated by personal multimedia applications such as
video/news-on-demand, telemetry services, traveler information systems,
WWW browsing, and so on.

        The 3rd Generation Wireless activities are focused through the effort
of UMTS and IMT-2000 are considering the ATM technologies for the network
implementation. The recent activities at 3GIP forum is actively considering
the use of IP technology for the future wireless network. The wideband
wireless network using IP technology is becoming an important industry issue
and the seamless integration of the wireless standards and wireless IP and
mobility standard are necessary to create this future network. The role of
the different IP technologies like SIP, HTML, XML, Netmeeting for wireless
and mobility are not finalized and will require considerable discussion to
obtain the resolution. Also, the wireless access techniques like Bluetooth,
WAP etc may require seamless integration to the 2.5G (GPRS) and 3G wireless
standards.

The objective of this workshop is to provide a forum for
researchers and technologists to present new ideas and contributions in
the form of technical paper, panel discussions, as well as online demos
of service applications or technology related to wireless multimedia.
The issues and challenges for the development of wireless multimedia
networks not only encompass a broad spectrum of research topics such as
quality-of-service provisioning, broadband wireless, network support,
protocols, or handover, but also involves a way to envision the evolution
of multimedia networks in the future.

TOPICS:
Technical papers and/or product demos are solicited in all areas
related to wireless multimedia and its interfaces (or co-existence) with
the conventional wireline networks. Topics include but are not limited to:

        - Third Generation Systems
- Multimedia Applications
        - Fixed or Mobile Wireless Multimedia Access
- Wireless Network Evolution
- Broadband Wireless
- Wireless ATM and Wireless IP
        - Multicasting in Wireless Services
        - Delay and Jitter Management for Multimedia Services
        - Synchronization of Multimedia Wireless services using ATM and IP
- Quality-of-Service and Admission Control
- Multimedia Network Architecture and Protocols
- Compression Techniques
- Mobility Management & Handover Issues
        - Routing
- WWW Browsing
        - Telemetry Services
        - Broadcast Data
        - Mobile Agents
-------------------------------------------------------------

SUBMISSION GUIDELINES:

All submissions will be handled electronically. Authors should E-mail
a Postscript version of their full paper to [email-masked] .
This E-mail address will become available by February 15, 2000. In order
to ensure that the Postscript versions of the papers can be printed,
authors should be careful that their papers meet the following restrictions:

 - Postscript version 2 or later.
 - Fits properly on "US Letter" size paper (8.5 X 11 inches)
 - Reference only Computer Modern or standard Adobe printer fonts
   (i.e. Courier, Times, Roman, or Helvetica); other fonts may be used
   but must be included in the Postscript file.
 - No longer than 20 pages including, pictures, tables and references.

In addition, authors should separately E-mail the title, author names
and full address, and abstract of their paper to the Program Co-Chairs:
Satish K. Tripathi at [email-masked] and Kalyan Basu at
[email-masked]. It is expected that all accepted papers will be
presented at the workshop.

The Workshop Proceedings will be published by the ACM Press. Selected papers
will be considered for publication in the ACM/Baltzer WINET and MONET journals.
(WoWMoM'99 and WoWMoM'98 proceedings are available on the ACM digital library.)

TECHNICAL PROGRAM COMMITTEE

   * Azzedine Boukerche (Univ of North Texas, USA)
   * Pravin Bhagwat (IBM Watson Research Center, USA)
   * Andrew Campbell (Columbia Univ, USA)
   * Yanghee Choi (Seoul National Univ, Korea)
   * K.-C. Chua (National University of Singapore)
   * Marco Conti (CNUCE, Pisa, Italy)
   * Subir Das (Telcordia Technologies, USA)
   * Lorenzo Donatiello (Univ of Bologna, Italy)
   * Anthony Joseph (UC Berkeley, USA)
   * Anurag Kumar (Indian Inst of Science, Bangalore)
   * Mohan Kumar (Curtin Univ, Perth, Australia)
   * Giri Mandyam (Nokia Research, Irving, USA)
   * Hiroyuki Morikawa (University of Tokyo, Japan)
   * S. Muthukrishnan (At&T Research)
   * Raja Neogi (Intel, Portland, USA)
   * Venkat Padmanabhan (Microsoft Research, USA)
   * Vasant Prabhu (Univ of Texas at Arlington, USA)
   * Jason Redi (BBN Technologies, USA)
   * Sumit Roy (Univ of Washington, USA)
   * Sanjoy Sen (Nortel Networks, USA)
   * Krishna Sivalingam (Washington State Univ, USA)
   * Mani Srivastava (Univ of California at Los Angeles, USA)
   * Violet Syrotiuk (Univ of Texas at Dallas, USA)
   * Philip Whiting (Lucent/Bell Labs, USA)

STEERING COMMITTEE

   * Prathima Agrawal (Telcordia)
   * Ian Akyildiz (Georgia Institute of Technology)
   * Kalyan Basu (Nortel Networks)
   * Maurizio Bonuccelli (University of Pisa)
   * Imrich Chlamtac (University of Texas at Dallas)
   * Sajal K. Das (Univ of Texas at Arlington)
   * Randy Katz (University of California at Berkeley)
   * Mahmoud Naghshineh (IBM Watson Research)
   * Christopher Rose (Rutgers University)
   * Mischa Schwartz (Columbia University)
   * Satish Tripathi (University of California at Riverside)

FINANCE CHAIR

  * Tom Jacob, University of North Texas

PUBLICITY CO-CHAIRS

  * Dhawal Moghe, Nortel Networks
  * Ramesh Yerraballi, Univ of Texas at Arlington
  * Claude Castelluccia, INRIA Rhone-Alpes
  * Amitava Mukherjee, Pricewaterhouse Coopers Ltd.