Subject: [MOBILE-IP] Some latest and Interesting Info from Ericsson Regarding Mobile Internet and the support of 3G

From: Sirish K Challagulla <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2000 20:42:46 +0530

Ericsson adds advertising options to mobile networks
- Internet Advertiser goes mobile

Mobile network operators and Internet Service Providers will have new
options for delivering information services and generating new revenue
streams with the introduction of Mobile Internet Advertiser from Ericsson.
Mobile Internet Advertiser is based on Ericsson's innovative Internet
Advertiser product, which is a network-based advertising tool that
broadcasts rich media advertisements to Internet subscribers based on
individual user preferences. Internet Advertiser can be used to deliver
free or lower-cost Internet services that are funded by the sale of
targeted advertising.
By bringing Internet Advertiser to mobile networks, Ericsson makes it
possible for service providers to offer similar services to users of
mobile phone and other mobile communication devices.

"Adding the option of mobility to Internet Advertiser opens a whole new
range of possibilities for advertisers," says Harry Hakansson, General
Manager of Interactive Communication for Ericsson.
"With mobility, advertisers can deliver information in a personal manner
when it is most relevant to users, based on location and interest.

Advertisers can provide instant information updates that are useful to
subscribers so that advertising becomes a service rather than an
intrusion," Harry Hakansson continues.
Currently, advertising will be delivered through WAP and other wireless
standards and networks. With the higher bandwidth of 3G wireless
technologies, advertisements can be developed to incorporate rich media,
full-motion video and animation, much like today's television advertising.

The Mobile Internet Advertiser will use the same server technology as
Ericsson Internet Advertiser for wireline systems. It will be available on
wireless networks, such as GPRS and 3G, when these networks become
operational. The product is scheduled for commercial release in the third
quarter of this year.

Ericsson is the leading provider in the new telecoms world, with
communications solutions that combine telecom and datacom technologies
with freedom of mobility for the user. With more than 100,000 employees in
140 countries, Ericsson simplifies communications for its customers -
network operators, service providers, enterprises and consumers - the
world over.
Please visit Ericsson's Press Room at: http://www.ericsson.se/pressroom
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT
Johan Wiklund, Ericsson Corporate Communications
Phone: +46 70 560 0134; E-mail: [email-masked]
Kathy Egan, Vice President, Corporate Communications, Ericsson Inc.
Phone: +1 212 685 4030; E-mail: [email-masked]
Mats Eriksson, Product Business Manager, Ericsson Interactive
Communications
Phone: + +46 8 7195124; E-mail: [email-masked]