Subject: [MOBILE-IP] [Mobile IP]: IOS CISCO version

From: LARREUR Elodie FTRD/DAC/LAN <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2000 15:39:38 +0200

Hello,

I'm installing a Mobile IP platform, which contains 2 Cisco routers (2500)
to be configured as Home Agent and Foreign Agent.

I'd like to use 12.1.1 IOS release.
The problem is that I don't know which software feature implements Mobile IP
(I noticed that "Service Provider" soft doesn't provide it).

Maybe there is someone who got the same difficulties ?

Thanks

Elodie Larreur

---

From: "Tom K. Weckström" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2000 17:05:39 +0300

> Maybe there is someone who got the same difficulties ?

Hi,

As we tested Cisco's MIP implementation with our hierarchical Dynamics -
HUT Mobile IP last summer, we used the following IOS, and it worked
pretty OK.

Cisco 2500 with IOS 12.0.4(T) IP+ pack

So, if the packaging is still the same, the IP+ pack would do it at
least.
(I have no information about the pricing or other IOS packages that
could do the thing.)

I hope this helps.

        Tom

--
        Tom Weckström           Dynamics group
                                Helsinki University of Technology
                                [email-masked]
                                http://www.cs.hut.fi/Research/Dynamics/

---

From: "Kent K. Leung" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2000 12:01:58 -0700

Hi Elodie.  Mobile IP is supported in all IOS 12.1 "Plus" images.
This is signified by the "s" in the image name (ie c2500-is-l
for IP only, c2500-js-l for multiprotocol support).  Feel free to
contact [email-masked] for Cisco Mobile IP related questions.

-- Kent --

--
     |          |                         Kent Leung
    :|:        :|:                        Software Engineer
   :|||:      :|||:                       IOS Development
.:|||||||:..:|||||||:.                    408.526.5030
c i s c o S y s t e m s                   [email-masked]