Subject: [MOBILE-IP] Mobile IP source code for Linux

From: Chandana Pairla <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2000 18:33:49 -0500

Hi,

I am grad student at UIUC and I have chosen to work on Mobile IP for a term
project. I am just starting out. I was wondering if anybody could give me
some pointers to where I can get an implementation for a Linux 2.2.12
kernel. I would greatly appreciate any input .

Thank you,
Chandana Pairla

---

From: Xinhua Zhao <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2000 19:36:43 -0700

We have ported our Mobile IPv4 implementation for Linux from 2.0.x
kernels to the newer 2.2.x kernels. It has a patch for 2.2.12
kernel (RedHat 6.1 default), in case you want to try it out.
The distribution is hosted at:
    http://mosquitonet.stanford.edu/mip

Xinhua

---

From: Tom Weckström <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 08:40:36 +0300

Hello!

Dynamics -- HUT Mobile IP from Helsinki University of Technology is a
Mobile IP implementation for Linux. Dynamics works on 2.2.x Linux
kernels (and maybe later 2.3 ones, not thorough testing performed).
Dynamics works entirely on user space, no kernel patches required.
Dynamics supports hierarchical mobility management with localized
handoffs, private addresses (for both mobile nodes, home agent
hierarchies, and foreign agent hierarchies), various security
improvements, and enhancements for wireless LAN roaming with frequent
location updates. The software is available under GPL.

Check the Dynamics web site at:

http://www.cs.hut.fi/Research/Dynamics/

Best regards,
                Tom

--
        Tom Weckström           Dynamics group
                                Helsinki University of Technology
                                [email-masked]
                                http://www.cs.hut.fi/Research/Dynamics/

---

From: Carlo Matarasso <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 09:50:18 +0200

check out the following Web pages:

mip.ee.nus.edu.sg
http://playground.Sun.COM/pub/mobile-ip/

carlo

--
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DOTT. ING. CARLO MATARASSO

[email-masked]
TEL. +49 8153 28 2848
FAX  +49 8153 28 2844

DLR - DEUTSCHES ZENTRUM FUER LUFT UND RAUMFAHRT
GERMAN AEROSPACE CENTER
www.dlr.de
POSTFACH 1116
D - 82230   WESSLING - GERMANY

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: "Lee, Jiwoong" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 18:19:29 +0900

Hi.

May I point out a simple editorial mistake in RFC2002bis:

In page no.63, at the 9th line of the 3rd paragraph, the word "its"
seems duplicatated.

Jiwoong Lee
Hansol M.com, Korea

----
   When the mobile node's home agent receives and accepts this
   (de)Registration Request, the home agent MUST also transmit a
   gratuitous ARP on the mobile node's home network.  This gratuitous
   ARP also is used to associate the mobile node's home address with
   the mobile node's own link-layer address.  A gratuitous ARP is
   transmitted by both the mobile node and its home agent, since in the
   case of wireless network interfaces, the area within transmission
   range of the mobile node will likely differ from that within range
   of its its home agent.  Th ARP packet from the home agent MUST be
      ^^^^^^
   transmitted as a local broadcast on the mobile node's home link,
   and SHOULD be retransmitted a small number of times to increase
   its reliability; these retransmissions, however, SHOULD proceed in
   parallel with the transmission and processing of its (de)Registration
   Reply.