Subject: [MOBILE-IP] WG Last Call - Mobility Support in IPv6

From: Basavaraj Patil <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 14:17:52 -0500

Hello,

Mobility Support in IPv6 (draft-ietf-mobileip-ipv6-12.txt) has been
issued. Please treat this notification as a WG last call on this
draft. We would appreciate comments and feedback on this I-D within
the next two weeks.

WG Last call issued on : April 27th, 2000

-Basavaraj Patil

---

From: Mattias Pettersson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 11:20:16 +0200

>
> We would appreciate comments and feedback on this I-D within
> the next two weeks.
> -Basavaraj Patil

Hi,

during testing at Connectathon 2000 I stumbled into the following
problem:

A CN/HA with more than one interface address may get independent BUs
sent to it. The mobile node will consider them as different nodes and
keep one BUL entry for each of them. Especially, it will use independent

sets of sequence numbers, which in turn will cause the receiving CN/HA
to
get very confused (and not accept the BUs).

This can happen to any host/router that has multiple interface addresses

of the same scope as the home address, not only nodes with multiple
interfaces.

My suggestion is to keep a Binding Cache on a CN/HA for every interface
address that's assigned, and to clear this out in the draft under
"Conceptual structs". Currently you can read both do and don't out of
the
spec. It will be more complex, but it is the logical way to do it.

/Mattias