Subject: [MOBILE-IP] Error code mistake in the RFC 2002-bis

From: Haseeb Akhtar <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 17:01:28 -0500

Hello all,

The RFC2002-bis has the following error while defining the error codes in
the Registration Reply message. It lists error code 107 twice.

H.4. Proposed Code Values for Mobile IP Registration Reply Messages

    Type  Description                                      Reference
    ----     --------------------------------------------          ---------

    104   Unknown Challenge                                    [4]
    105   Missing Challenge                                      [4]
    106   Stale Challenge                                          [4]
    107   Missing MN-FA Authentication                    [24]
    107   MN-FA Unsupported Vendor Ext                  [9]
    108   HA-FA Unsupported Vendor Ext                   [9]

The "Missing MN-FA Authentication" is listed as error code 107 in
draft-ietf-mobileip-aaa-key-01.txt and "MN-FA Unsupported Vendor Ext" is
also listed as error code 107 in draft-ietf-mobileip-vendor-ext-09.txt.

Either the "Mobile IP Vendor/Organization-Specific Extensions" draft or the
"AAA Registration Keys for Mobile IP" draft needs to change to reflect the
correct error code. Of course, the RFC2002.bis needs to change as well.

Regards,

Haseeb

---

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 15:23:44 -0700

All,

At the Adelaide IETF, the WG agreed to move the following documents to WG work
documents:
        - Generalized NAI I-D (draft-mkhalil-mobileip-gnaie-00.txt)
        - Generalized Keys I-D (draft-perkins-mobileip-gen-key-01.txt)
        - AAA Registration Keys I-D (draft-calhoun-mobileip-aaa-key-00.txt)

In fact, the last one already has had implementations, and interoperability at
the last Connectathon. Therefore, unless there are objections, I would like to
see it go through last call.

PatC