Subject: [MOBILE-IP] Returning home

From: Manish Tiwari <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 May 2000 04:18:27 -0500

Hi all!
        I am doing an implementation of mobile-ipv4 (bis) for an operating
system xinu. I am facing a small problem. When the mobile node returns
to the home network, it sends a deregistration request to the home agent.
Now, the home agent will send the registration reply after deleting its
mobility bindings to the care-of address mentioned in the request, and in
the case of the foreign agent care-of address, this reply will go to the
foreign agent. Now, I don't see the purpose of forwarding this reply from
the foreign agent to the mobile node, since the mobile node has already
left the foreign network, and it will not be able to receive this reply.
Secondly, how does the mobile node come to know that it has been able to
successfully deregister with the home agent.
Am I missing something?

Thank you
Manish Tiwari

{\o/}__________________________________________________________________{\o/}
 )|(                                                                    )|(
 ~|~ Manish Tiwari                                   Office: CS G072    ~|~
  |  Graduate Student                                Phone : 494-9569    |
  |  Department of Computer Science         __                           |
  |  Purdue University                  ,,-~  ~-.    Residence:          |
  |  West Lafayette, IN 47907-1398.    // . -..  ~.                      |
  |           ____     .        \     // '  _     }  702, Dodge Street   |
  |          {    }__  :.      __\   //,'.,._ _ ,'   Apt# 1              |
  |        _/ ____ \ \ `::       \\~-:-: : : : :\    West Lafayette      |
  |       // { __ \ }.} :::      { @|,;: : : : : >-  IN 47906.           |
  |      /{,/ /_ \ \ \ }::::     `Y'/=|_\: : : :/    Phone: 746-4072     |
  |     {  / // \_\ }//.:::'       /  |  \-===-~                         |
  |     ( {_/{(@)} }.) }:<____A___/_A_|___\,_______A_______A_______A_____|
  |      \ \\ \\/ / / };::-------v------V------v-------V-------v-------V-|
  |       \/\\_\_/\/_/ }`:`                                              |
  |       {  { ~  } \ /,::' URL: http://www.cs.purdue.edu/homes/tiwari   |
  |        \_ \__/  /~,::'                                               |
  |          {____}~ ,::'                                                |
  |                  ~                                                   |
{\o/}____________________________________________________________________0
 )|(                                                                    /V\
 ~"~                                                                     H
  ^