Subject: [MOBILE-IP] about interworking between MIPv6 and MIPv4

From: ccliu <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 17:43:32 +0800

Now we are going a project about interworking between MIPv6 and MIPv4.
Where has the related reference or any idea??
Thanks a lot!!
Lewis

---

From: "Klein, Eric" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 13:38:48 +0300

Try this information from the NGTRANS group:

New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Next Generation Transition Working Group of
the IETF.
Title : Overview of Transition Techniques for IPv6
only to Talk to IPv4-only Communication
Author(s) : K. Yamamoto, M. Sumikawa
Filename : draft-ietf-ngtrans-translator-03.txt
Pages : 8
Date : 09-Mar-00

This memo discusses translators to enable direct communication
between IPv4 hosts and IPv6 hosts. Three translation mechanisms are
described. From the address mapping point of view, the translators
are categorized into four types and each feasibility is considered.
This memo is based on a paper appeared in Proceedings of
INET98[INET].
A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ngtrans-translator-03.txt
Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
"get draft-ietf-ngtrans-translator-03.txt".
A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.
Send a message to:
[email-masked].
In the body type:
"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ngtrans-translator-03.txt".

NOTE: The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility. To use this
feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
command. To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
a MIME-compliant mail reader. Different MIME-compliant mail readers
exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

-----Original Message--- Try  --
From: ccliu [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, May 03, 2000 12:44 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [MOBILE-IP] about interworking between MIPv6 and MIPv4