Subject: [MOBILE-IP] I-D ACTION:draft-zhong-mobile-ip-mpls-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 06:48:25 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Integration of Mobile IP and MPLS
        Author(s)       : R. Zhong, C. Tham, C. Foo, C. Ko
        Filename        : draft-zhong-mobile-ip-mpls-01.txt
        Pages           : 15
        Date            : 27-Jun-00

Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) combines the efficiency and
simplicity of IP routing together with the high-speed switching of
ATM. Mobile IP is a protocol that allows mobile users to maintain
continuous IP network connectivity. In this document, we describe
a scheme to integrate both the Mobile IP and MPLS protocols. The
integration of both these protocols improves the scalability of the
Mobile IP data forwarding process by leveraging on the features of
MPLS which are fast switching, small state maintenance and high
scalability. In addition, we have removed the need for IP-in-IP
tunneling from Home Agent (HA) to Foreign Agent (FA) under this
scheme. This document defines the signaling and control mechanisms
required to integrate MPLS and Mobile IP.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-zhong-mobile-ip-mpls-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
        "get draft-zhong-mobile-ip-mpls-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
        [email-masked].
In the body type:
        "FILE /internet-drafts/draft-zhong-mobile-ip-mpls-01.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
        MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
        feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
        command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
        a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
        exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
        "multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
        up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
        how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.