Subject: [MOBILE-IP] Simple Q. on Mobile-IPv4 Option for PPP IPCP

From: "Lee, Jiwoong" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2000 11:38:36 +0900

Dear All

Item no.7  in section 2.5 of RFC2290: Mobile-IPv4 Configuration Option for
PPP IPCP

           ....
         a. Ack()
           ....

           Otherwise, the mobile node MAY attempt to obtain a
           topologically routable address through any of its supported
           means (e.g., DHCP, manual configuration, etc.)  for use as a
           co-located care-of address.  If the mobile node is successful
           in obtaining such an address then it SHOULD register this
           address with its home agent.

        => Nak(IP=0) MUST NOT be sent.  Goto 6.
         ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Legal response from peer is defined as only (a). Now then, it's not
clear to understand "Goto 6" in the underscored statement. May I ask
dilation to this ?

Regards,

Jiwoong Lee