Subject: Re: [MOBILE-IP]

From: "Lipford, Mark" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 13:43:00 -0500

Tovey,

I am guessing this is OK.  The people that wrote this I-D are also the ones
that work on 3GPP2 TSG-A that defined the A10 and A11 interfaces.

I did forward this to Yingchun to confirm it.

Thanks
Mark A. Lipford

                -----Original Message-----
                From:   tovey [mailto:[email-masked]]
                Sent:   Friday, June 09, 2000 9:24 PM
                To:     [email-masked]
                Subject:        [MOBILE-IP]

                 << File: draft-ietf-mobileip-3gwireless-ext-03.txt >> Hi,
everyone

                   In this internet-draft
<draft-ietf-mobileip-3gwireless-ext-03.txt>, there maybe some problem in
section 4.1, as following:
                      A RNN MUST send a Registration Request with the GRE
encapsulation*
                   and the reverse tunneling bit set. The Home Address field
is set to
                   zero. The Home Agent field will be assigned to the IP
address of the
                   PDSN and the Care-of Address field will be assigned to
the IP
                   address of RNN.
                According to A11 interface of IOS 4 of CDMA2000
specification, we use UDP instead of GRE to establish the R-P connection
between BSC/PCF and PDSN.

                Tovey Jiang
                2000.6.10