Subject: [MOBILE-IP] test is real and technical

From: Jim Bound <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 06:00:05 -0400

Hi Ian,

no big deal.  just want to state that part of the testing will be an
extended test suite from University of New Hampshire (UNH) and if you check
with your router and v6 folks this test stuff beats the snott out of all
our implementations for core IPv6 stuff.  So its useful stuff/test. UNH
has found bugs in code I personally have wrote in the past (very rare of
course that I produce bugs!!) that I would not have seen till it shipped
maybe.  so that is always a good thing.  also UNH began doing MIPv6 testing
at Sun Connectathon this year on the left coast back in march 2000 and for
example caught bugs just because different implementors brought
different versions of MIPv6 spec implementations.  I found that
impressive.  ETSI will add value for other parts of testing and add
other value to the test suite they may have concerns with from a 3GPP
perspective, which as an implementor I find useful.

Carl Williams from Sun, Bill Lenharth from UNH, and I spent a lot of
time making sure this was a technical event and effort.  Also UNH would
not send equipment to Europe for a political event for sure or us send
valuable engineers who are working on products.

That being said I am sure there are politics going on but not for the
testing or by the folks from here or ETSI doing all the work.

Also Carl, Bill, and I made it very clear our testing model is NO TELL
philosophy so even if folks go with prototype new code to test thats
cool no one is going to send out press release stating XXX FAILED or
stuff like that.  That was part of the agreement.

regards,
/jim