Subject: [MOBILE-IP]

From: tovey <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2000 10:23:45 +0800

Hi, everyone

   In this internet-draft <draft-ietf-mobileip-3gwireless-ext-03.txt>, there maybe some problem in section 4.1, as following:
      A RNN MUST send a Registration Request with the GRE encapsulation*
   and the reverse tunneling bit set. The Home Address field is set to
   zero. The Home Agent field will be assigned to the IP address of the
   PDSN and the Care-of Address field will be assigned to the IP
   address of RNN.
According to A11 interface of IOS 4 of CDMA2000 specification, we use UDP instead of GRE to establish the R-P connection between BSC/PCF and PDSN.

Tovey Jiang
2000.6.10

---

From: Rajesh Bhalla <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2000 16:57:40 -0700

Tovey,

  Reference to the setting of  'G' and 'T' bits of RRQ in section 4.1
  of the draft conforms to the requirements for GRE tunneling and
  reverse tunneling over the RP connection (IOS 4 CDMA2000 model).
  Transport for RRQ is UDP, as you mentioned. Setting of  'G' and 'T'
  bits ensure that (1) reverse tunnelling is enabled between the FA(RNC)
  and the HA(PDSN) and (2) that GRE is used for tunneling over the
  RP connection.

>> Rajesh <<