Subject: [MOBILE-IP] Encapsulation/Decapsulation delay

From: "George N. Aggelou" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 12:40:46 +0100

Hello,

Does anyone know how much delay does the encapsulation/decapsulation
process adds on the processing time of an IP packet? In my experiments I
am considering IP in IP encapsulation  but if anyone has such delay on
hand for other encapsulation types instead (such as Minimal or GRE
encapsulation) this would be very welcome.

(Charlie, David any ideas?)

Thanks,
George A.

--
*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
George N. Aggelou
Research Fellow
Centre for Communications Systems Research
University of Surrey

http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Personal/G.Aggelou
*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.