Subject: Re: [MOBILE-IP] handoff breakout session

From: Gopal Dommety <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 08:41:16 -0700

Phil,

         Given that time is limited, why don't we have a working dinner (
Everyone gets their own dinner - Just clarification :).  Just to make sure we
read all the drafts, here is a starting list (please add to the list -
Hopefully by the
end of this email thread we will have the entire list).

          E. Gustafsson, et. al.  Mobile IP Regional Tunnel Management.
       draft-ietf-mobileip-reg-tunnel-01.txt, August 1999.

        J. Kempf, P. Calhoun, and C. Pairla, Foreign Agent Assisted Hand-off,
         draft-calhoun-mobileip-proactive-fa-01.txt, June 2002

         G. Dommety  and T.  Ye, "Local  and Indirect  Registration for
         Anchoring Handoffs",
         draft-dommety-mobileip-anchor-handoff-01.txt(work  in
         progress), July 2000.

          K. El Malki, et. al.  Fast Handoff Method for Real-Time Traffic
       over Scaleable Mobile IP Networks.
       draft-elmalki-mobileip-fast-handoffs-01.txt, June 1999.

There are also IPv6 drafts, I think it is a better to have another breakout
for that (There are some
issues that are common and some different -just to keep the group
focused).  what do you think?

At 09:19 AM 7/28/00 -0500, Roberts Phil-QA3445 wrote:
>Hi folks,
>
>         we've got a room for Monday night from 7:30 to 10.  It's South Room
>5.  Whoever would like to go for dinner can meet at the registration desk.
>I'll be there.  Did we agree to a time?  Then we can get together in this
>conference room afterwards.  We're going to restrict this to authors of
>drafts only for the first session.  I'll post some talking points later.
>Then during the first mobileip session hopefully we'll be able to summarize
>what went on and present the group with a reduced number of proposals and
>some requests for feedback on what's been done.
>
>Thanks,
>Phil

---

From: Gopal Dommety <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 09:18:27 -0700

Phil,

         Sorry, looks like our messages crossed in transit somewhere on the
cyber-road :) Just saw your
"handoff premeeting" mail.

Thanks
-Gopal