Subject: [MOBILE-IP] Q's regarding Regional Registrations

From: Madhavi W Subbarao <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 12:39:41 -0400

HI,

I just read draft-ietf-mobileip-reg-tunnel-02.txt, and have a few
questions:

- Suppose MN has a co-located COA, but wishes to use an advertised GFA
COA,
and the 'R' bit is set in the local FA advertisements.  Then the MN
sends
a Registration Request to the local FA with the COA=GFA COA and a
Hierarchical Foreign Agent Extension indicating its co-located COA.
According
to the draft, when the local FA receives this Reg. Req., it adds a
Hierarchical Foreign Agent extension indicating it's FA address and
relays
the Reg. Req. to the GFA.
Why does the FA need to add this extension?

- How does the HA know that it must issue back 'registration keys' upon
receiving a Registration Request, especially if the COA=GFA COA and
there is no
GFA extension included in the Reg. Req.?  How are 'registration keys'
from
the HA communicated back to a GFA or MN?

- According to the draft, in a regional registration, the MN sets the
COA field to either the FA COA or zero.  What about co-located COA?

If these questions have already been posed and answered, I apologize.
Please refer me to the answers.

Thanks,
Madhavi