Subject: [MOBILE-IP] Terms: Home Link vs Home Network

From: "Lee, Jiwoong" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2000 11:29:47 +0900

Dear Authors of <draft-ietf-mobileip-ipv6-12.txt>,

Whereas RFC2002bis defines "Home Network" and uses this term generally,
Mobility Support in IPv6<draft-ietf-mobileip-ipv6-12.txt> defines "Home
Link"
instead of "Home Network" while <draft-ietf-mobileip-ipv6-12.txt>
uses "Home Link" together with "Home Network" through this docuemnt.

Do you try to express particular meaning when the term "Home Link" is used
instead of "Home Network"? How about the mixed use of these two terms?

I appreciate your comment.

J Lee
M.com

---

From: Francis Dupont <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2000 15:13:13 +0200

In your previous mail you wrote:

=> ID 12 uses "home link" because IPv6 has an accurate notion of "link".

=> "home network" is used only twice in ID 12 for the home agent
interception of packets to the home address (which belongs to the home link).
I believe the idea is these packets can never be on the home link itself,
for instance if the router between the outside and the home link is the
home agent (in fact the home link can be fully virtual, ie. be used only
as an address space without a concrete physical incarnation).
Then the "home network" is the place where is the home stuff and
packets to a home destination go through it.

=> I'd like to read ID 12 authors' answer but the two terms are not
used inconsistently (and home subnetwork which had been ambiguous
can't be found in ID 12).

Regards

[email-masked]