Subject: [MOBILE-IP] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mobileip-hawaii-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 06:32:47 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Routing for Wireless/Mobile Hosts Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : IP micro-mobility support using HAWAII
        Author(s)       : R. Ramjee, T. La Porta, S. Thuel,
                          K. Varadhan, L. Salgarelli
        Filename        : draft-ietf-mobileip-hawaii-01.txt
        Pages           : 31
        Date            : 17-Jul-00

In this contribution, we present HAWAII: a domain-based approach for
supporting mobility.  HAWAII uses specialized path setup schemes
which install host-based forwarding entries in specific routers to
support intra-domain micro-mobility and defaults to using Mobile-IP
for inter-domain macro-mobility.  These path setup schemes deliver
excellent performance by reducing mobility related disruption to user
applications, and by operating locally, reduce the number of mobility
related updates.  Also, in HAWAII, mobile hosts retain their network
address while moving within the domain, simplifying Quality of
Service support.  Furthermore, reliability is achieved through
maintaining soft-state forwarding entries for the mobile hosts and
leveraging fault detection mechanisms built in existing intra-domain
routing protocols.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mobileip-hawaii-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
        "get draft-ietf-mobileip-hawaii-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
        [email-masked].
In the body type:
        "FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mobileip-hawaii-01.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
        MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
        feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
        command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
        a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
        exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
        "multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
        up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
        how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.