Subject: Re: [MOBILE-IP] Paging

From: "Jari T. Malinen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 22:12:13 -0700

Hello, Andrew,

Indeed, we did submit an Internet-Draft on how to use paging with
Regional Registrations.
The draft is available at the IETF Internet Drafts archive, at URL

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/
draft-haverinen-mobileip-reg-paging-00.txt

It seems there are spaces in the URL thus it might be that it does not
show correctly in all
places (e.g. the I-D search does not seem to find it). However, it is
available behind the
above link with the spaces included.

The draft presents paging as a rather straightforward extension to
Regional Registrations,
and provides thus a different approach to that taken in Cellular IP. The
paging area is also
static providing opportunities for supporting timeslot-based paging ,and
with it, power-
constrained operation.

Best Regards,

--jari

Jari T. Malinen,
Nokia Research Center.

"Andrew T. Campbell" wrote:

> Hi Jari:
>
> One of my students mentioned that you authors an Intenet
> Draft on paging. Could you let me have a copy?
>
> Andrew