Subject: [MOBILE-IP] HO: scoping the problem out

From: "Casati, Alessio (Alessio)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 17:48:44 +0100

I think scoping the domain of application out is a necessary precondition
to the evening event to be successful.

i.e.

-what is the system it is to be used for? All?

-Is it for intradomain or interdomain?

-Lossless?

-Low latency? for voice?

-What about compression state transfer?

-Network driven/mobile driven/both?

-what is the informaion used to drive the HO decision? All L3? at L2?

...

Probably, it will be necessary to scope these aspect out before
diving into the protocol merging/picking pool?

In fact, as Charlie perfectly pointed out, reg reg is
not related to the discussion. Yet, somebody is confused
about it. This is a symptom the discussion may be very difficult
if a clear definition of the problem/goals is not provided

alessio