Subject: [MOBILE-IP] I-D ACTION:draft-elmalki-mobileip-fast-handoffs-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 06:30:21 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Fast Handoffs in Mobile IPv4
        Author(s)       : K. El Malki, H. Soliman
        Filename        : draft-elmalki-mobileip-fast-handoffs-02.txt
        Pages           : 15
        Date            : 07-Jul-00

This draft describes a method to achieve Fast Handoffs in Mobile
IPv4. Fast Handoffs are required in Mobile IPv4 in order to limit the
period of service disruption experienced by a wireless Mobile Node
when moving between Foreign Agents. This requirement becomes even
more important when supporting real-time services. Fast Handoffs
involve anticipating the movement of MNs by sending multiple copies
of the traffic to potential Mobile Node movement locations (i.e. FAs).
Both a flat and a Hierarchical Mobile IPv4 model are considered. The
Hierarchical MIPv4 model in Regional Tunnel Management [1] already
offers improvements to Mobile IP handoffs by providing local Home
Agent functionality. Some additions are made to the operation of this
existing Hierarchical model to achieve Fast Handoffs and limit or
avoid triangle routing within the hierarchical domain.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-elmalki-mobileip-fast-handoffs-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
        "get draft-elmalki-mobileip-fast-handoffs-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
        [email-masked].
In the body type:
        "FILE /internet-drafts/draft-elmalki-mobileip-fast-handoffs-02.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
        MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
        feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
        command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
        a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
        exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
        "multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
        up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
        how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.