Subject: [MOBILE-IP] Quick handoff draft

From: "Sebastian T. Thalanany" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 17:57:29 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

        Title           : Quick handoff scheme in a 3G Wireless Network
        Author(s)       : S. Thalanany, A. Singh
        Filename        : draft-thalanany-mobileip-qh-00.txt
        Pages           : 8
        Date            : 19-Jul-00

This draft proposes a scheme to for a quick handoff of a Mobile
Station (MS) from a source Packet Data Serving Node (PDSN) to a
target PDSN. This draft describes a wireless link assisted quick
handoff scheme for a cdma2000 based Radio Network Node(RNN).
The proposed scheme may be generalized for application to any
wireless access system to support a low latency handoff.

The target PDSN acquires the IP address of the source PDSN via the
signaling messages necessary to support a wireless link hard handoff.
This information is used by the target PDSN to acquire packets, that
were destined for the mobile station, from the source PDSN, while the
mobile station changed it's point of attachment from the source to the
target PDSN.

This draft proposes extensions to the signaling messages in the RNN, and
a
new interface between a source and a target PDSN. The objective of this
version of the draft is to propose the following concepts:

    1. A wireless infrastructure triggered mechanism to provide the
source PDSN IP
        address to the target PDSN.

    2. A new interface between a source PDSN and a target PDSN so that
the target
        PDSN can acquire and deliver packets to the mobile station.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-thalanany-mobileip-qh-00.txt

Regards,

Sebastian Thalanany