Subject: [MOBILE-IP] A query on MobileIP

From: Muthu Kumar L <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 14:36:05 IST

Hello,
           I am an engineer working on gated( routing daemon). I need some
   clarifications from you regarding Mobile IP.
     I have a router that has the gated daemon running on it. Assume i have
   installed the mobility agent software on the router. Assume i have a mobile
   node that goes to a foreign network and tries to register with the home
   agent. Once the foreign agent approves the registration request, it will
   add a new logical interface for the mobile node say tunl0. I just need to
   know whether the addition of this new logical interface will affect the
   normal routing that is taken care by gated.This is because gated will learn
   the logical interface from the kernel and i feel it might intimate this new
   logical interface to the neighbouring routers.
Thank you,
Regards,
Muthukumar
--
                                         ,,,
                                        /'^'\
                                       ( o o )
*----------------------------------oOOO--(_)--OOOo----------------------*
^                                                                       ^
^ Muthu Kumar L                    Tel. 91-80-225 1554 Ext.1306         ^
^ HEWLETT PACKARD                  Fax. 91-80-220 0196                  ^
^ INDIA SOFTWARE OPERATIONS        Email. [email-masked]           ^
^ 29, CUNNINGHAM ROAD              Telnet. 847-1306                     ^
^ BANGALORE 560 052                                                     ^
^                                                                       ^
^                                    .oooO                              ^
^                                    (   )   Oooo.                      ^
*------------------------------------\ (----(   )-----------------------*
                                      \_)    ) /
                                            (_/