Subject: [MOBILE-IP] I-D ACTION: draft-ylianttila-isl-prot-req-00.txt

From: Mika Ylianttila <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2000 23:00:37 +0300

FYI: as a part of Spatial Location activities within IETF, a draft
http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ylianttila-isl-prot-req-00.txt
has been presented to address how to possible use (geo)location information
to enable MH to prepare for HO.

As the main author of this draft I would like to make clear that this is a
very early draft and that the work is in progress. Furthermore, I would
like to be involved in any handoff related activities within Mobile IP (or
CRAPS if that that will be realized) in the future. I look forward for any
comments, and will try to adjust the possible second version of my draft
for Mobile IP/CRAPS framework.

INTERNET-DRAFT                                           M. Ylianttila
Internet Engineering Task Force                      Juha-Pekka Makela
Issued:  11 April 2000                     University of Oulu, Finland
                                                           K. Pahlavan
                                  Worcester Polytechnic Institute, USA

       Considerations on IP Spatial Location Protocol Requirements
                 <draft-ylianttila-isl-prot-req-00.txt>

Abstract

This document addresses those requirements for IP spatial location
protocol that emerges from the situation where mobile hosts (MH) use
location information in the inter-domain mobility management. While IP
spatial location protocol has many other usage cases, this document
focuses on the requirements for mobile IP device that needs to know the
whereabouts of IP subnetwork to be visited in order to prepare for
handoff. Three inter-technology handoff (ITHO) scenarios and the related
problems are presented, and the requirements for the system
architecture, terminal and IP spatial location protocol are outlined.

--
Mika Ylianttila
M.Sc., Research Scientist
Centre for Wireless Communications
PL 4500, Tutkijantie 2 E, FIN-90014
University of Oulu, Finland