Subject: Re: [MOBILE-IP] 3Gwireless-ext-04

From: "Lipford, Mark" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 23:56:33 -0500

I don't think your comments are accurate.  We are willing to take comments
and improve the I-D.  There is some concern in halting the work on this I-D
due to Route Optimization.  When we submitted this I-D in DC last November a
concern was raised and we indicated a willingness to work with the "Route"
authors to try and utilize their I-D, but we thought the I-D was "dead"
since it had expired and no new revision was posted to the list.  (This was
at the Nov99 IETF in DC, I see that since then there was an update last
February - Which is now expired).  The authors indicated a willingness to
revive it, but we have not seen a new revision.  Again in Adelaide we
indicated a willingness to work with the "Route" authors but nothing has
happened.  This is what we are confused about and as someone that is wanting
to deploy this solution we find frustrating.

To be fair to the "Route" authors we are working off-line with them to try
and find a compromise, but wanted to avoid forcing the mail list the pain of
this discussion.  So we are addressing this issue even though I personally
don't see why it should be an issue.

Regards
Mark A. Lipford

                -----Original Message-----
                From:   Basavaraj Patil [mailto:[email-masked]]
                Sent:   Monday, August 21, 2000 9:38 AM
                To:     [email-masked]
                Subject:        [MOBILE-IP] 3Gwireless-ext-04

                From the current debate on the list regarding the I-D
                draft-ietf-mobileip-3gwireless-ext-04.txt, it seems that
                the authors are unwilling to respond to concerns raised
                a this point in time because of it being already approved
                and implemented in 3GPP2. The I-D is currently in IETF
                last call and as such any concerns raised have to be
                addressed. The fact that the I-D passed WG last call does
                not guarantee that the IESG will approve it. And issues can
                be raised during any last call. It's not too late in the
process
                to raise concerns about the I-D.

                In order to make any progress on this I-D now, I would
recommend
                that the issues be addressed and solved.

                Regards,
                -Basavaraj