Subject: Re: [MOBILE-IP] New I-D: draft-yegin-mobileip-nrouting-00.txt

From: "Hesham Soliman (EPA)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 13:54:46 +1100

You are talking about MN being data connected at both the previous link
and the
new link simultanesouly, right? You are right, if that was the case,
it'd be
easier: if MN has enough time in the overlapped area to get the latest
BUs to
CNs/HA and receive the last packet sent to old CoA, then things are
fine.

But I think when this was discussed, people said not all the
technologies
provide this "be connected at both links" feature, it may require two
receivers
...

Also, if the overlap area is too small, MN may get out of it before the
last
packet sent to old CoA is received.

=> Actually the overlapping is part of the network planning or cell planning
in celular networks and should be enough for the handoff sequence
to take place. The problem is as you mentioned above, most raio links don't
allow you to have simultaneous data connections. So thees are really
two separate issues.

---

From: 劉建志 <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 15:16:45 +0800

RE: [MOBILE-IP] New I-D: draft-yegin-mobileip-nrouting-00.txtIn this draft, AR has to specify possible prefix candidates and MN provide COAs.
But the moving of MN may be fast from one zone to another zone.
So I doubt that the prediction of AR and MN is reasonable??
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Hesham Soliman (EPA) 
  To: [email-masked] 
  Sent: Thursday, September 28, 2000 10:54 AM
  Subject: Re: [MOBILE-IP] New I-D: draft-yegin-mobileip-nrouting-00.txt

  => Actually the overlapping is part of the network planning or cell planning in celular networks and should be enough for the handoff sequence