Subject: Re: [MOBILE-IP] about unsubscription

From: Ron Young <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2000 06:41:45 -0500

ZhuGe,

You are right in that people who subscribed after the Mobile IP mailing list
moved to our server should know how to unsubscribe because of the
confirmation e-mail; however, I am guessing 70% of the people on this list
subscribed when it was on the Smallworks server so they never got the
confirmation e-mail.  As an aside to everyone out there, could you update
any links you have on your web page, drafts, etc. to point to our server.
We still get a number of subscribe request that were forwarded from the
Smallworks server.

Xinming, I will send a note to the IETF web admin to update our page to
include the unsubscribe information.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ron Young   [email-masked]   http://www.nortelnetworks.com/

  You can't spell Nortel without Ron; of course, you can't spell moron
                           without Ron either.

-----Original Message-----
From: ZhuGe Lei [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, August 31, 2000 9:51 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [MOBILE-IP] about unsubscription

"You may leave  the list at any  time by sending a  "SIGNOFF MOBILE-IP" or
"UNSUBSCRIBE MOBILE-IP" command to [email-masked]."
(in the email confirming subscription from the list server :-)

On Thu, 31 Aug 2000, Xinming He wrote:

> -----------------
> Sorry to bother everyone. But I really do not know how to unsubscribe from
> this email list. I suggest there should be information on how to
> unsubscribe besides the information on how to subscribe in the web page of
> the mobile IP working group.
>

---

From: ZhuGe Lei <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2000 22:00:37 +0800

Ron,

I guess I did register on Nortel server. Actually I don't know
about the Smallworks server. I just want to help Xinming on the
unsubscription. I'm an ordinary subscriber of MIP mail list so have
nothing to update. However, since we've already seen many unsubscribing
emails sent to the wrong address, it's a good idea adding a note on
the IETF page about unsubscription.

Have a nice day.

Lei

---

From: FUKUMOTO Atsushi <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2000 14:37:56 +0900

> include the unsubscribe information.

Please update the archive URL along with it; WG charter page lists
http://www.nortelnetworks.com/standards , but it's not available
there.  It must be http://standards.nortelnetworks.com/

                                        FUKUMOTO Atsushi
                                        [email-masked]