Subject: [MOBILE-IP] CFP: ACM MobiCom 2001

From: "DAWN Research Lab - Dr. Sivalingam" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 0100 14:22:35 -0700

Enclosed below please find a Preliminary Announcement and Call for
Papers for the 7th Annual International Conference on Mobile Computing
and Networking (MobiCom) to be held in Rome, Italy from July 16-21,
2001.

As you might already know, MobiCom has an established reputation as
the pre-eminent conference in this area owing to the exceptionally
high quality of papers, excellent tutorials and workshops, and
stimulating panels conducted by mobile computing illuminati of various
stripes.

For complete information about the upcoming conference, please visit:
    http://www.research.ibm.com/mobicom2001/

We apologize if you received multiple copies of this Call for Papers.
Please feel free to distribute it to those who might be interested.

Very truly yours,

ACM SIGMOBILE MobiCom 2001 Organizing Committee

***********************************************************************
             Preliminary Announcement and Call for Papers

                         *** ACM MobiCom 2001 ***

              The Seventh Annual International Conference on
                     Mobile Computing and Networking

                       July 16-21, Rome, Italy

                      Sponsored by ACM SIGMOBILE

               http://www.research.ibm.com/mobicom2001/
                    http://www.acm.org/sigmobile/

                Submission Deadline: January 12, 2001
***********************************************************************

PAPERS:

Technical papers describing original, previously unpublished, completed
research, not currently under review by another conference or journal,
are solicited on the following topics:

   * Applications and computing services supporting mobile users
   * Architectures, protocols, and algorithms to cope with mobility,
     limited bandwidth, or intermittent connectivity
   * Database and data management issues in mobile computing
   * Performance of mobile/wireless networks and systems
   * Security and privacy of mobile/wireless systems
   * Interaction between different layers of mobile/wireless systems
   * Integration and interworking of wired and wireless networks
   * Adaptive applications and systems for mobile environments
   * Distributed-system aspects of mobile systems
   * Operating system support for mobility
   * Location-dependent applications
   * Wireless multimedia systems
   * Power management
   * Mobile agents
   * Pervasive computing
   * Wireless sensor networks
   * Wireless/mobile service management and delivery

All papers will be refereed by the program committee. Accepted papers
will be published in the conference proceedings. Papers of particular
merit will be proposed for publication in the ACM/Baltzer Wireless
Networks (WINET) and Mobile Networks and Applications (MONET) journals.

CHALLENGES SESSION, PANELS, RESEARCH DEMOS, TUTORIALS:

 Submissions are also solicited for the Challenges session, panels,
 tutorials, and research demos. Please refer to the conference website
 for more details.

IMPORTANT DATES:

    * Technical Paper Submissions due: January 12, 2001
          - Please refer to the website for submission instructions

    * Notification of acceptance:     May 1, 2001
    * Camera-ready version due:       May 15, 2001

    * Challenges Session Papers, Panel Proposals, Tutorial Proposals
       Submissions due: January 12, 2001
          - Please refer to the website for submission instructions

FOR MORE INFORMATION:

 Send email to [email-masked] with any questions or
 comments about the conference or for more information.

ORGANIZING COMMITTEE:

    * General Chair:                      * Tutorials Co-Chairs:

      Christopher Rose                      Ravi Jain
      Rutgers University, WINLAB            Telcordia Technologies

    * General Vice Chair:                   Chiara Petrioli
                                            Politecnico di Milano
      Sergio Palazzo
      Universita` di Catania               * Panels Chair:

    * Program Co-Chairs:                    Ramesh Rao
                                            Univ. of California, San Diego
      Mahmoud Naghshineh
      IBM T.J. Watson Research Center     * Local Arrangement Chair:

      Michele Zorzi                         Marco Listanti
      Universita` di Ferrara                Universita` di Roma "La Sapienza"

    * Finance Chair:                      * Sponsorships/Exhibits Chair:

      David B. Johnson                      Marco Ajmone Marsan
      Rice University                       Politecnico di Torino

    * Publicity Co-Chairs:                * Steering Committee Chair:

      Stefano Basagni                       Imrich Chlamtac
      Univ. of Texas at Dallas              Univ. of Texas at Dallas

      Krishna Sivalingam                  * ACM Program Director:
      Washington State University
                                            Lisette Burgos (ACM)

***********************************************************************