Subject: [MOBILE-IP] Final list of changes

From: "Charles E. Perkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 13:31:24 -0700

Hello,

I have completed a new revision for RFC 2002bis.

Here is the list of changes since the last revision.
If anyone has any additional comments, please let me
know as soon as possible.

Regards,
Charlie P.

=========================================================================

F.1. Changes since revision 02 of RFC2002bis

   This section lists the changes between this version (...-03.txt) and
   the previous version of the document.

    -  Added a separate item describing the reserved 'r' bit in the Agent
       Advertisement extension and the Registration Request message.
    -  Changed "admissible authentication extension" to
       "authorization-enabling extension".  This removes the
       ambiguity by which it might otherwise have been possible
       to interpret Mobile-Foreign or Foreign-Home authentication
       extensions as "inadmissible".
    -  Inserted 'T' bit into its proper place in the Registration
       Request message format (section 3.3).  Changed the 'rsv' tag for
       the reserved field to be labeled 'x' instead, to make room for
       the 'T' bit.
    -  Changed the preconfiguration requirements in section 3.6 for the
       mobile node to reflect the capability, specified in RFC 2794 [4],
       for the mobile node to identify itself by using its NAI, and then
       getting a home address from the Registration Reply.
    -  Changed section 3.7.3.1 so that a foreign agent is not required
       to discard Registration Replies that have a Home Address field
       that does not match any pending Registration Request.