Subject: [MOBILE-IP] A question on Mobile IP Regional Registration

From: Dionisios Gatzounas <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2000 09:10:52 +0300

Hi.

I have a question on Mobile IP Regional Registration. This is as follows:

In the <draft-ietf-mobileip-reg-tunnel-03.txt>, when a mobile node determines
that it is located in a visited domain it performs a home registration. Suppose
that the mobile node has acquired a co-located care-of address in the
visited domain (e.g., with DHCP) but it wishes to use the address of the GFA of
the visited domain as its care-of address. The mobile node will then issue a
Registration Request message with the GFA address in the care-of address field
and it will add a Hierarchical Foreign Agent extension including its co-located
care-of address.

Does the same applies when the mobile node performs a Regional Registration?

To my understanding, when the mobile node performs a handoff from one subnet
to another within the same visited domain, it issues a Regional Registration
Request addressed to the GFA. The mobile node includes the GFA address in the
HA field, the address of the foreign agent of the new subnet in the care-of
address field (?) and it also adds a Hierarchical Foreign Agent extension
including its new co-located care-of address.

Is that correct?

Any comments will be good enough to me...
Thank you in advance.

BR,
Dionisios.