Subject: [MOBILE-IP] GLOBECOM2000 Workshop on Service Portability: CFP

From: Service Portability <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2000 22:23:53 +0200

CALL FOR PAPERS

                         GLOBECOM2000 workshop
         Service Portability and Virtual Customer Environments

                     San Francisco, Dec. 1rst, 2000

WWW: http://welcome.to/SerP

Present day mobile systems focus heavily on the radio access segment,
with very little attention paid to  mobility at the applications and
services level.. Similarly, in the Internet arena, the standardization
efforts for mobility support have mostly focussed on enabling the
roaming of a terminal identified by its
network address. With rapid growth in Internet services and mobile
hosts, it has become essential to
address new requirements in cases where a customer is roaming between
heterogeneous networks
and providers. The customer should be able to seamlessly roam between
terrestrial and satellite
networks, between wireless and wireline networks, between pure internet
or IP/ATM connections,
and between home and office.

The main objectives of the workshop are to gather researchers actively
involved in the design,
implementation, and development of mobile customer premises
environments/networks, multi-domain
mobility, virtual home environment architectures, and mobility support
architectures and environments
for applications such as multimedia messaging service and real-time
gaming, and to provide them with
a forum suitable for identifying and discussing related issues. The
workshop is intended to be a
genuinely interactive event with constructive development and exchange
of ideas.

Topics of interests include:

· Mobile Customer Premises Environments/Networks (MCPE/MCPN) and Virtual
Home
Environment (VHE) issues
· Architectural issues for mobility support: IP/Internet, GPRS, IMT2000,
UMTS, IN, TINA, OSGi,
SIP, H.323..
· Mobility architectures and support for 3G/4G applications
· Intelligent support and customization: agents, middleware, user
profiling..
· Service roaming and interoperability across multi-provider access
networks
· Creation support, customization and management of terminal independent
services
· Scalability and adaptation of user terminal to services and platforms
· Address and naming portability
· Auto-configuration, programmability for micro/macro/multi-domain
mobility..
· Conditional access and authentication
· End to end QoS support including QoS routing
· Security issues
· Service discovery
· Content management and XML based architectures..

PAPER SUBMISSION DEADLINE:      SEPTEMBER 30TH

For more info, Please refer to the web page: http//welcome.to/SerP