Subject: [MOBILE-IP] New Pro-active Foreign Agent I-D available

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 15:28:01 -0700

All,

I sent the latest draft to the secretariat. For those of you that would like a
preview of the draft, it is available at
http://www.cdma-2000.org/draft-calhoun-mobileip-proactive-fa-02.txt

Enjoy,

PatC

---

From: Peter Lei <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 21:17:18 -0500

Pat,

In section 9.0-9.1, can you generalize the "cdma2000 IMSI" to just "IMSI"
throughout?  The coding format for cdma2000 IMSI follows ITU E.212, which
is also used by GSM/3GPP (GSM Rec 3.03, 3GPP TS 23.003). Or is there
something that I'm missing??

--peter

---

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 19:30:23 -0700

> something that I'm missing??

The authors felt that it would be nice to distinguish GSM from CDMA, such that
an inter-technology hand-off would be identified through the link address.

Furthermore, CDMA supports multiple RLPs, so we designed the link address to
support this feature. I am not sure that GSM supports this as well, but I am
interested in hearing from someone that would know.

PatC