Subject: [MOBILE-IP] FW: question about Mobility Support in IPv6

From: Ron Young <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 07:41:45 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, October 26, 2000 1:16 AM
To: MOBILE-IP
Subject: question about Mobility Support in IPv6

I have a question about establishing forwarding from a previous
care-of-address (10.9 in draft-ietf-mobileip-ipv6-12.txt).
I know this section describes how to forward packet as mobile node from a
foreign network to another foreign network.

In MIPv4, the previous foreign agent can buffer packets and send to  mobile
node as mobile node move to another foreign. This operatio can delete
packets loss.
But in MIPv6, there is no foreign agent.
The MIPv6 draft said "the mobile node sends a Binding Update to any home
agent on the link on which the previous care-of-address is located,
indicating this previous acre-of-address as the home address for the
binding"
Assumption in hard handoff situation, the home agent in the above descrition
can buffer packets and send to mobile node as like foreign agent in MIPv4??
But maybe before 1 second, correspending node send packets directly to
mobile node.
after 1 second, the mobile node moves from the foreign network to another
foreign network.
Who can buufer these packets during 1 second??
I am confuse about this operation during movement betwork foreign networks.