Subject: Re: [MOBILE-IP] Mobile IP Simulation

From: HASHIMOTO Yukio <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2000 11:50:57 +0900

Hi. Youngjune.

I am now using OPNET 6.0.
I don't know if the latest version, OPNET 7 has IPv6 and Mobile IP
models, but OPNET supports GUI guided programming and a strong debugger.
(To make protocol, you just need to make graphical transition diagrams)
(To connect 2 nodes, you just need to connect them with your mouse)

I feel much easier on OPNET rather than ns-2 because I am not good at
programming, ns was hard to learn for me.

If you are a strong programmer, ns-2 may provide almost everything you
want to do, if not, I recommend OPNET because of its well documented
references and easy programming.

I heard that the latest version of OPNET supports multi processor
enviroment. (One simulation job is shared by multiple processors. it
causes faster simulation, I think)

--
HASHIMOTO, Yukio           [email-masked]
                    System Development Department
                         Mobile Networks Division
                                     NEC NETWORKS
Tel. +81-3-3798-4624   ext. 116-3240
FAX. +81-3-3798-4626