Subject: [MOBILE-IP] [FW] I-D ACTION:draft-lee-sgm-support-mobileip-00.txt

From: "Lee, Jiwoong" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 11:47:47 +0900

FYI.

Thank you.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
----

To: IETF-Announce: ;
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-lee-sgm-support-mobileip-00.txt
From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 06:31:54 -0400
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Sender: [email-masked]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
----

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

 Title  : SGM support in Mobile IP
 Author(s) : J. Lee
 Filename : draft-lee-sgm-support-mobileip-00.txt
 Pages  : 14
 Date  : 17-Oct-00

In the current version of mobile IP a home agent converts a
incoming generic multicast datagram to multiple unicast-
encapsulated datagrams addressed to each mobile node. This kind of
multicast handling logically works, while suffering from the
performance degradation. Small Group Multicast (SGM) is a newly
developed multicast protocol whose level 3.5 header carries
multiple unicast destination addresses [2]. SGM support in mobile
IP enables the home agent to forward a generic multicast datagram
to a foreign agent with one SGM datagram, eliminating the severe
performance degradation.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lee-sgm-support-mobileip-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
 "get draft-lee-sgm-support-mobileip-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
 [email-masked].
In the body type:
 "FILE /internet-drafts/draft-lee-sgm-support-mobileip-00.txt".

NOTE: The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
 MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
 feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
 command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
 a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
 exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
 "multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
 up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
 how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

<ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lee-sgm-support-mobileip-00.txt>
Content-type: text/plain