Subject: [MOBILE-IP] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mobileip-hmipv6-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2000 06:30:27 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Routing for Wireless/Mobile Hosts Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Hierarchical MIPv6 mobility management
        Author(s)       : H. Soliman, C. Castellucia, K. Malki,
                          L. Bellier
        Filename        : draft-ietf-mobileip-hmipv6-00.txt
        Pages           : 16
        Date            : 05-Oct-00

This draft introduces some extensions for MIPv6 and neighbour
discovery to allow for the introduction of a hierarchical MIPv6
mobility management model. The proposed hierarchical mobility
management for MIPv6 will reduce the amount of signalling to CNs and
the HA and may also improve the performance of MIPv6 in terms of
handoff speed. Moreover, HMIPv6 is well-suited to implement access
control and handoffs between different access technologies.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mobileip-hmipv6-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
        "get draft-ietf-mobileip-hmipv6-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
        [email-masked].
In the body type:
        "FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mobileip-hmipv6-00.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
        MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
        feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
        command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
        a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
        exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
        "multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
        up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
        how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.