Subject: [MOBILE-IP] DAD

From: Mattias Pettersson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2000 15:28:31 +0100

Hi all,

I pointed this out in a separate mail, but inlined with a lot of other
text. Here is the separate comment on today's DAD:

/Mattias

-----

Charlie and others: I can't find anywhere in the I-D that the MN is
required to check its Home Address for DAD, other that during
renumbering. If the MN is given an address from start (hard coded or
statelessly created by combining home prefix and interface token), it
must set the D-flag in the initial BU to the HA. It must do this every
time the HA doesn't guard the address.

The current spec will only work if the MN at day 1 starts on the home
subnet.

---

From: "Charles E. Perkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2000 07:18:37 -0800

Hello Matthias,

On page 22, the current specification says:

         ...      The mobile node SHOULD set the Duplicate Address
         Detection (D) bit based on any requirements for Duplicate
         Address Detection that would apply to the mobile node if it
         were at home [17, 27].

Why isn't this sufficient?

Regards,
Charlie P.