Subject: Re: [MOBILE-IP] Placement for Binding Update and Home Address options

From: Francis Dupont <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 10:26:51 +0100

In your previous mail you wrote:

   => I agree, home address and tunnel encapsulation limit between routing
   and fragment, all other destination options (binding XXX) after ESP.

      Comments?

   Does this mean that we are leaving the home address information
   without confidentiality protection?

=> you can't easily make the home address confidential because the ESP
processing needs to know the real source (ie. the home address) in
the SA selector phase :
 - or you hack your IPsec implementation in order to get the home address
   and to use it
 - or you hack your IPsec implementation in order to skip the SA selector
   phase but you can introduce a security problem
 - or you build the SA with the care-of address and you have to rebuild
   it at each movement
(then it is not easy as I've said :-).
BTW why do you want to hide the home address information?

Regards

[email-masked]