Subject: [MOBILE-IP] Internet Draft from MIPv6 fast handover design team

From: "Charles E. Perkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 14:29:35 -0800

Hello,

The MIPv6 fast handover design team has issued an initial
Internet Draft detailing the progress in many areas that we
have made to date.  Most of the document describes the
design considerations and scope of the solution we are still
attempting to specify.  While no solutions are proposed,
enough progress has been achieved to warrant the publication
of this initial draft, in order to begin to raise the
appropriate discussion issues as we approach resolution
of the remaining issues.

The initial Internet Draft is available at:
   http://www.diameter.org/charliep/txt/mipv6team/handover.txt

It is also fair to say that some members of the design
team felt that the Internet Draft wasn't truly ready to be
issued.  However, a very rough consensus favored sending
the draft out.

Regards,
Charlie P.