Subject: Re: [MOBILE-IP] [Fwd: Re: [MOBILE-IP] New version of "MobilitySup port in IPv6"draft]

From: Richard Draves <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2000 16:37:25 -0800

> The other argument for having it before the IPsec headers is to
> enable the firewalls to determine the real address.

The other other argument would be, maybe I want to hide my home address from
the network that I'm visiting, and so I want to have the Home Address option
sitting behind an ESP header with encryption. :-)

Rich

---

From: Francis Dupont <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2000 18:27:09 +0100

=> if you'd like to hide your home address then you can't send binding
updates to correspondents (because the home address will be in the routing
header)... then I think you need more a tunnel configuration tool (ESP in
tunnel mode will be better suited, ie. I propose a two-way IPsec tunnel
between the mobile and the home agent/security gateway) than mobility.

Of course, simple way to update your outer source address after a movement
won't work (or be not so simple) if this address is blindly checked...
And the configuration tool doesn't seem to be ready?

Thanks

[email-masked]

PS: if you don't really move (ie. be nomadic and not mobile) then a tunnel
broker or a well configurated IKE will do the job.