Subject: [MOBILE-IP] New I-D Available

From: Behcet Sarikaya <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2000 13:05:50 +0900

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

        Title           : Mobile IPv6 Regional Paging
        Author(s)       : B. Sarikaya, H. Haverinen, J.T. Malinen, V.
Magret
        Filename        : draft-sarikaya-mobileip-hmipv6rp-00.txt
        Pages           : 16
        Date            : 01-Nov-00

This document specifies Hierarchical Mobile IPv6 Regional Paging
   (HMIPv6RP), a small and link-layer independent extension to the
   Hierarchical Mobile IPv6 with regional registrations, to support
   power-constrained operation in the mobile nodes and to reduce routing

   state information in the visited domain.  The extension allows a
   mobile node to enter a power saving idle mode during which its
   location is known with the coarse accuracy defined by a paging area.
   In the visited domain only the paging mobility anchor point (PMAP) is

   responsible for keeping the binding cache entries for idle mobile
   nodes and, it re-establishes the downlink routes on demand by means
   of paging. This does not require snooping of data packets but is a
   natural extension to network-level routing. Optionally, the mobile
  node and the visited domain can agree on time slot based paging used
   for Paging Agent Advertisements to restrict link interface power-on
   time in the mobile node.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sarikaya-mobileip-hmipv6rp-00.txt