Subject: [MOBILE-IP] IPv6 user with Foreign Agent CoA!?

From: Matteo Berioli <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 12:18:55 +0100

Let us assume that I am an IPv6 mobile host, and I usually decapsulate
datagrams
coming from my Home Agent by myself, since in IPv6 only
Co-located Care-of Addresses exist.

During my motion, I have to attach myself to a Mobile Router.
It has got only one Co-located Care-of Address and it
has to manage with it the whole mobile network that is behind it.
This is not a problem, since it can assign to all
the hosts of the mobile network, a Foreign Agent CoA, and in order to
correctly forward the packets, it can decapsulate the datagrams and
look at the home addresses in the inner headers.

But this time it cannot assign to me my own Co-located Care-of Address,
even if I am an IPv6 host and I would wish to acquire only Co-located
CoAes.
As a matter of fact all the hosts attached to this mobile router have
to share the only CoA assigned to it.
So the mobile router will decapsulate also the datagrams directed to me,

and it will forward them directly on the network, without encapsulation.

The question is:
Is that a problem, if I receive already decapsulated datagrams, even
if usually I decapsulate them by myself?!

Clarifications are welcome.

Thanks,
Matteo Berioli