Subject: [MOBILE-IP] MobileIP testing at Connectathon 2001

From: Alper Yegin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 12:45:25 -0800

Hello,

I've made a presentation on Connectathon 2001 MobileIP testing at the San Diego
IETF. For those who missed it, here's the information you need to know...

- We'll be testing Mobile IPv4, Mobile IPv6, and DIAMETER (see below for other
technologies tested).

- Testing will take place March 5th-8th, San Jose, California.

- *** Registration deadline is February 7th, early bird special before December
31st ***

- Testing will include:

  - UNH MIPv6 conformance test suite and interoperability testing
  - Sun MIPv4 conformance and interoperability test suite
  - DIAMETER conformance and interoperability test suite
  ... and also we'll be doing lots of ad-hoc testing

- These are the drafts and RFCs we are planning to test at Connectathon:

  - draft-ietf-mobileip-ipv6-13.txt   IPv6 Mobility Support
  - draft-ietf-mobileip-hmipv6-01.txt Hierarchical MIPv6

  - RFC2002bis   IPv4 Mobility Support
  - RFC2003      IP Encapsulation within IP
  - RFC2004      Minimal Encapsulation within IP
  - RFC2344bis   Reverse Tunneling for Mobile IP
  - RFC2794      MIP NAI Extensions
  - RFC3012      MIP Challenge/Response
  - draft-ietf-mobileip-optim-10.txt   Route Optimization for MIP
  - draft-ietf-mobileip-reg-tunnel-03.txt   Regional Registrations
  - draft-ietf-mobileip-vendor-ext-11.txt   Vendor Specific Extensions
  - draft-ietf-mobileip-gnaie-01.txt   Generalized NAI Extension

  - draft-calhoun-diameter-mobileip-11.txt   DIAMETER MobileIP Extensions
  - draft-calhoun-diameter-17.txt   DIAMETER Base Protocol
  * The official AAA WG versions of above drafts will be tested.

- Contact information:

  - www.cthon.org   General Connectathon website
  - [email-masked]   General Connectathon questions
  - [email-masked]   Majordomo mailing list for MIP testing
  - [email-masked] (MIPv6, MIPv4)
  - [email-masked] (MIPv6, MIPv4)
  - [email-masked] (MIPv6)
  - [email-masked] (DIAMETER)

What is Connectathon ?

In 1986, Sun Microsystems sponsored the first ConnectathonTM event, a unique
forum for testing software and hardware interoperability. Connectathon is a
network proving ground allowing vendors to test their interoperability
solutions, with special emphasis on NFSTM and Internet protocols.

Over the years, the vendor-neutral Connectathon has attracted a large number
of development engineers from all major computer systems companies and a wide
variety of software vendors. All have the common goal of making heterogeneous
multivendor networking a reality. Now plans are being drawn to celebrate
Connectathon's 14th year.

Connectathon is an excellent opportunity for vendors to verify that their
distributed computing software interoperates with a wide range of client/server
implementations on different operating systems. Everything from laptops to
supercomputers can be linked together under one roof, encouraging interaction
among vendors, engineers and developers in a confidential atmosphere.
Implementations are tested and debugged at Connectathon. There are panel
discussions as well as open sessions on the latest developments in technologies
and solutions by Connectathon participants.

Connectathon is a place where engineers can gather without marketing hype and
can exchange ideas and information.

These are the technologies and protocols we'll be testing:

NFS v2, v3, v4          IPv6
NFS over TCP            IPsec
WebNFS                  NDMP
Lock Manager            DHCPv6
NIS/NIS+                CIFS
Kerberos                Mobile IPv6
Automounter             Mobile IPv4
Gigabit Ethernet        DIAMETER
                        SCTP