Subject: [MOBILE-IP] New Reginoal Registration for IPv6 Internet Draft

From: "Charles E. Perkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 14:20:18 -0800

Hello,

We missed the deadline for submission of our revised Internet
Draft to the IETF directories.  In order to repair that lack,
I have posted the newly revised draft to my interim Web page,
at the following URL:
        http://www.diameter.org/charliep/txt/regreg6/regreg6.txt

The following appendix details the main points of difference:

=======================================================================

B. Changes to the previous version

   This version introduces an anycast address to represent the visited
   domain as a distributed network endpoint.  A one message-exchange
   multi-level signaling is efficient e.g. when the mobile node needs
   to communicate both with the access router and the gateway mobility
   agent (GMA). The other changes address all problems mentioned in
   working group minutes, in security and in providing uniqueness of the
   visited domain identity.

    -  This version distributes the network endpoint of communication
       identifying it with an anycast address.  A common security
       association per mobile node can be used in the visited domain
       when key material received (e.g., from AAAv6) is propagated to
       members of the anycast group, as described in Appendix A.  This
       change also preserves the cost-efficiency of having a single
       message exchange with the deep hierarchy while now providing a
       fully specified security option.

    -  The regional forwarding of route-optimized packets changes the
       regional CoA back to the source address of a data packet received
       in the mobile node.  Then, all information for correct AH
       computation is present in a packet received by the mobile node.

    -  The router advertisement now also uniquely identifies the
       visited domain with the special ``visited domain routers''
       anycast address.  This address is formed using prefix of the
       regional care-of-address and a host number 5 (TBD). Thus, no
       visited domain identifier is used in this version from the
       prefix information option.  The same anycast address is used
       by the mobile node to send the regional binding update to the
       distributed endpoint, the destination IP address of the regional
       binding update.

=======================================================================

Regards,
Charlie P.