Subject: [MOBILE-IP] AAA Registration Keys for MIP

From: Fredrik Johansson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2000 15:24:01 +0100

Hi,

Just a question and a reminder about the AAA key distribution for MIP.
draft-ietf-mobileip-aaa-key-01.txt has expired and a new one need to be
turned in before the interop. If I'm not misstaken, Pat has allready taken
care of this, or it is in the pipe.

However, I have a question that migth cause some modification (or
explanation). The draft enables keys to be distributed for use between a
mobile node and a home agent, but what will the MN use in its first
registration. MN-HA Auth is mandatory? But the MN does not have any key
(maybe not even a HA). The draft does not say anything about it, should a
"dummy" value be used, if so, the home agent has to know not to process it.
Or should it be that the MN-HA Auth is not mandatory when the MN is
authenticated using MN-AAA. In this case, will the HA will trust the AAA
since it receives a MN-HA key which is encrypted with a shared secret
between the HA and the AAA server?

Happy New Year
/Fredrik
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------
Fredrik Johansson                    W: +46 (0)8 725 5916
Interactive People Unplugged     M: +46 (0)70 786 5035
mailto:[email-masked]
http://www.ipunplugged.com