Subject: Re: [NEXTEL-1] Interference from Strobe Light

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 16:56:11 EST

Klaus, WE have 3 sets of fFlash Technoligy strobes. These are dual mode red 
white systems using the red filter that is moved in place for night 
operation. When the system switches to night operation the trigger circut 
moves to a faster shorter pulse duration to reduce total brialliance of the 
strobes and lengthens the total on time for the strobe which makes it look 
incadeesant in operation.

This mode causes  the trigger circuit to radiate in the VHF spectrum from 
140Mhz and int the low UHF at 440Mhz. We have talked to flash to no avail for 
a resolution. We trided a farday cage on the whole assembly with poor 
results. we are using their SJ type cord without conduit. We are going to use 
battery receiver to probe the tower
We suspect it is radiading from the cable. If this is the case we will try 
conduit as a solution. 

Our tower in qustion is a 48inch  450' Pirod guyed type with 2 middle strobes 
and one on top. We did move the receive antennas as far away (approx 7 feet) 
it helped but it did not cure the problem. Bruce Marcus Chief Technoloigy 
Officer MarcusCommunications L.C.C.