Subject: [NEXTEL-1] The European Academy of Forensic Science 2003 Meeting

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2003 12:33:30 -0500

Speaking of Forensics:

Dear Fellows,

The European Academy of Forensic Science 2003 Meeting will be held in 
Istanbul, Turkey, September 22-27, 2003 at the Istanbul Convention 
and Exhibition Center. The Academy meets every 3 years and is an open 
forum activity of the European Network of Forensic Science Institutes 
(ENFSI), which currently consists of 50 crime laboratory systems 
throughout Europe. I am seeking input from you on vendors that you 
would like to meet at the meeting. Any vendors with an interest to 
attend are also invited to contact. They are more than welcomed! 
Please send your mails personally to me at [email-masked] and not to 
the list. Information about the meeting is posted at 
http://eafs2003.enfsi.org. Let me take this opportunity to inform you 
that all working groups (15 in total) and standing committees of the 
European Network of Forensic Science Institutes will held their 
business meetings and The International Organization of Computer 
Evidence its annual meeting during the EAFS2003 Istanbul Meeting. 
Papers are currently invited for oral and poster presentation. 
Authors may submit abstracts online at http://eafs2003.enfsi.org. 
Please note that the deadline for submission of abstracts is February 
1, 2003. 

Sincerely

Prof. Dr. Sevil Atasoy, Director
Institute of Forensic Sciences
Istanbul University - 34303 Istanbul - Turkey
Chairperson, EAFS2003 Org. Com.
Phone: +90 212 588-0880/444
Fax: +90 212 588 8409
Mobile: +90 532 255 5520
e-mail: [email-masked] and [email-masked]
-----------------------------------------------------------

Scientific Sections:

Accreditation, quality control and quality assurance, crime mapping, 
crime scene, digital photography and imaging, document examination, 
handwriting analysis, DNA evidence, drugs, education and training, 
environmental forensics, fibers, fingerprint, fire and explosion, 
firearms, forensic anthropology, forensic engineering and road 
accident analysis, forensic information technology and computer 
crimes, forensic medicine and pathology, forensic nursing, forensic 
odontology, forensic toxicology, jurisprudence and ethics, marks, 
paint, forensic psychiatry and  behavioral sciences, speech and audio 
analysis, wildlife forensics.

Workshops (offered on September 22 and 23, 2003):

Drug Impaired Driving Detection: The Recognition Expert Approach 
Crime Analysis Through Computer Mapping 
Challenges in Forensic Toxicology: Analytical Instrumentation 
Y Chromosome Analysis and its Application to Forensic Casework 
Natural Isotopes and Trace Elements in Criminalistics and 
Environmental Forensics 
Forensic 3D: Ballistic Computer Simulation in Homicide Cases 
Fundamentals of document analysis 
Introduction to CrimeStat II : Analysis of Crime 
Road Accident Investigation Techniques: Disaster management and 
reconstruction  
Criminalistics Examination of Documents in Cyrillic Alphabet 
Understanding of Patterns and Motives of Violent Sexual Offenders  
Fire Debris Analysis and Fire Investigation 
Next-Event Forecasting: Dynamic Spatio-temporal and Behavioral 
Analysis of Tactical Crime Problems 
Forensic Laboratory Planning and Design 
Dental Age Calculation in Children, Young Adults and Adults. 

Special sessions:

Forensic Nursing 
Investigation of Child Abuse 
DNA User's Forum 
Student Academy 
Young Forensic Scientist Forum 
Forensic Entomology 
Forensic Microbiology

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/