Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Re: Please help

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 11:28:04 -0500

------- Original Message --------
   From: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Please help

Relating to your questions, you should contact someone in Anne Arundel County Maryland.
They have fairly strong rules and regulations in place governing additional towers and how
they relate to the interference issues they are experiencing.

>>> [email-masked] 01/07/03 11:17PM >>>
I subscribe to this list because, thanks, in part, to help from some of the people on this
list, our neighborhood defeated a proposed Nextel tower in our neighborhood last year. I
have some difficulty understanding what you all write, because much of it is over my head
technically.

Last year, we were able to defeat the Nextel proposal. This year, they came back and
managed to get approval through Planning and Zoning and our City Council for a tower
directly across the street from last year's proposed site. Existing ordinances obviously
need updating badly, but this has not been done to my knowledge. Present requirements
state the towers must be at least 5,000 feet apart. This one is now 3,000 feet from
another tower.

Two questions:

1.Considering the fact this tower has been approved outside of existing requirements, is
there anything that can be done to reverse this approval that anyone on this list is aware
of?

2. The last I recall, numerous cities were still experiencing multiple problems with cell
tower interference and public safety equipment. Our city has had problems too, but no one
seems to relate this to possible tower interference. Is there an improvement in this
problem or does it still exist?

3. Did I not read that New York City was considering not approving any additional towers
until money was set aside to cover some of the problems?

Thanks for any help you might provide.

Cathie

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/