Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Subject: Re: TV amplified antennas

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 17:27:42 -0500

From: "Paul J Zawada <[email-masked]...
Date: Wed Jan 22, 2003 3:53 pm
Subject: Re: TV amplified antennas

Robert Schwaninger
<rschwaninger@s...> wrote:
> The FCC is sitting on several requests from UHF operators whose
> systems are suffering interference from unintended oscillations
> within amplifiers used in association with television antennas
> mounted in recreational vehicles and for local channel reception
> in association with direct broadcast satellite systems. The UHF
> operators want the FCC to move against the manufacturer(s)
> and demand a recall based on their failing to produce devices
> employing reasonable engineering practices in accord with Part 15
> of the FCC Rules. Anyone got any additional information or war
> stories on this topic? I want to shore up the case.
>
> Robert Schwaninger

Winegard had a problem on their hands a year or two ago... It sounds
like the problem needs more attention. The old info I was able to
dig up is at:

http://www.arrl.org/news/stories/2001/02/14/3/#Oscillating
http://www.winegard.com/products/mobile/sensar_customers.html

--zawada

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/