Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Nevermind Willpower, Go Wireless to Keep your New Year's

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2003 01:23:42 -0500

Nevermind Willpower, Go Wireless to Keep your New Year's
Resolutions
Source: U.S. Newswire
Publication date: 2003-01-02

WASHINGTON, Jan. 2 /U.S. Newswire/ -- Who says you can't keep your
New Year's Resolutions? No matter what your goals, a slate of new wireless
devices can help. You can get organized, develop new skills, work more
efficiently, find adventure and more - with the right wireless tools.

"The New Year is the time to make a fresh start, but everyone needs the
right tools to keep their resolutions," said Tom Wheeler, President and CEO
of the Cellular Telecommunications and Internet Association (CTIA).
"Wireless is evolving at warp speed and the 2003 crop of wireless devices
can do more than ever before. Wireless can help you get organized, stay
connected, pick up a new hobby, travel and juggle all the things you need to
get done. So, forget willpower - go wireless in 2003."

CTIA's Lucky Seven Portable Pledges You Can Keep:

1. Learn a new language with a mobile voice translator. Type in one
language and out comes another language - as text or speech. Choose your
phrase or pick pre-loaded starter sentences.

2. Update and customize your wireless phone. Get a high- resolution color
screen, download applications, play new and classic games, make your
favorite tune your personal ring tone, view maps or share photos with friends
and family.

3. Take an adventure trip. New wireless phones feature pre- programmed
survival applications, Worst Case Scenarios wireless and first aid guides,
conversion calculators and weather tool.

4. Make a digital photo album of 2003. Snap, send and receive digital
photos or use photo caller ID. Connect via Bluetooth and infrared to
compatible PDAs and PCs, or get easy Web access.

5. Unplug from the office and spend more time with friends and family. Use
your mobile printer and wireless PDA - your entire desktop in two
lightweight, convenient devices! Use Bluetooth connectivity to access all
your office applications, email and Internet, then print wirelessly to your
mobile printer.

6. Keep your kids extra safe. Wireless locators can fit on a child's wrist like
a watch, and provide parents with peace of mind.

7. Combine your gadgets. All-in-one wireless devices can surf the Web,
send and receive email, play games, make phone calls, take and email
mobile photos and more.

Hosted demonstrations of these Wireless Wonders are available just in time
for your New Year's Resolution. Please contact Erin McGee at
emcgee(At)ctia.org or call 202-736-2980 for a preview.

http://cnniw.yellowbrix.com/pages/cnniw/Story.nsp?story_id=35581535&ID=cnniw&scategory=Telecommunications%3AWireless&

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/