Subject: [NEXTEL-1] New York State Office for Technology - IT Procurement.html

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2003 15:12:10 -0500

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

d

Skip OFT Navigation

OFT Information Technology Procurement
in Progress

STATEWIDE WIRELESS NETWORK (SWN)

Press Release

Two bidding consortiums submitted a total of four bids prior to
the January 7th, 2003, deadline for submission of proposals in response
to the New York State's Statewide Wireless Network (SWN) project.
Bid evaluations are currently underway and are expected to be completed
with a proposed selection for award by June, 2003. Details of the
bids or evaluation process cannot be made public at this time. The
State would like to thank all of those who participated in this
procurement for their time and efforts in support of this project.

SUMMARY OF SUBMISSIONS

Submission:

By:

2 bids

MOTOROLA, Inc., as Bidder/Prime Contractor, identifying
the following project team: Motorola, Inc., Harris Corporation,
Lockheed Martin Management & Data Systems, TRW Inc., Bechtel
Corporation, o2wireless Inc/ d/b/a Baran Telecom, IBM Corporation,
GDP Telecom, Inc., Vytek Public Safety Solutions Inc., Buford
Goff & Associates and Parsons Brinckerhoff.

2 bids

M/A-COM, Inc., as Bidder/Prime Contractor, identifying
the following project team: M/A-COM, Inc., General Dynamics,
Verizon, Alcatel USA, Black & Veatch, Sun, Cisco, ADT, LA
Group, Niagara Mohawk, Intergraph, and Bear Stearns.

Schedule

June 3, 2002

Official Request for Proposal Released

June 26, 2002

1 - 4 pm EDT

Mandatory Pre-Bid Conference

8/12/02
Official
Pre-Bid Conference Information Summary

Pre-Bid
Conference List of Attending Firms with Point of Contact
Information for Each

June 26, 2002

5:00 pm EDT

Deadline for filing Mandatory Notice of Intent To
Bid

Firms that submitted
Notice of Intent to Bid as Prime Contractor for the Statewide
Wireless Network

July 10, 2002

5:00 pm EDT

Deadline for Submission of Bidder’s Questions

Volumes #1 and #3

Procedure/Format for Submission
of Questions

September 10, 2002 5:00 pm EDT

Deadline for Submission of Bidder's Questions

Volume #2

January 7, 2003 2:00 pm EDT

Bid Proposals Due Date

RFP Updates

Official RFP Updates, Modifications,
Clarifications and Answers to Questions:

6/13/02 - Updates

6/19/02 - Updates

6/21/02 - Updates

7/16/02 - Updates

8/12/02
-
Official Pre-Bid Conference Information Summary

8/13/02 - Amendment #1 - formats (RTF)
(PDF)

8/30/02 - Updates

12/20/02 - Amendment #2 - formats (RTF)
(PDF)

12/31/02 - Amendment #3 - formats (RTF)
(PDF)

RFP Information

Register to
download the final SWN RFP

Even if you have previously registered, you must register to download
the final SWN RFP.

Please be advised that the hypothetical disadvantaged location design
set forth in RFP, Exhibit #7 - Disadvantaged Locations Hypothetical is
only available in hardcopy. To obtain a hardcopy of Exhibit #7 or the
RFP in its entirety, contact the Procurement Office via the email address
provided below.

Procurement Summary

The New York State Office for Technology on behalf of the State of
New York intends to enter into a contract for the design, construction,
network operations, and ongoing maintenance of a new Statewide Wireless
Network (SWN) for State, federal and local governmental entities that
operate within New York State's geographic borders. The SWN will provide
an integrated, land mobile radio communications network that will be utilized
by public safety and public service agencies in New York State. The SWN
will be a digital, trunked network that will incorporate both voice and
data capabilities.

Procurement Office for Inquiries & Submissions

All inquiries and questions must solely be directed, in writing, by mail,
facsimile or e-mail, to the following individual and office ("Procurement
Office"):

NYS Office for Technology

Strategic Policies, Acquisitions & e-Commerce

Attn: David Petit

State Capitol, ESP

PO Box 2062

Albany, NY 12220-0062

Fax (518) 473-0327

Email: [email-masked]

The above individual is the sole authorized contact for
the State for this solicitation. Any inquiries, questions, filings or
submission of proposals that are submitted to any other individual or
physical address shall not be considered as official, binding or as
having been received by the State.

Question Table Format
- A Template for Vendors Use

Pre-Bid Conference

Attendance is mandatory. Vendors who are not present at the Pre-Bid
Conference are not eligible to respond to this solicitation. Qualified
Bidders are required to have at least one attorney as the legal representative
present at the Pre-Bid Conference.

Submission of Questions

Prospective Bidders are asked to submit questions concerning the
specifications, bid proposals or Procurement process in writing, by
mail, facsimile or email, to the Procurement Office at least five days
prior to the Pre-Bid Conference, if practical. Questions may also be
raised at the Pre-Bid Conference and up to the deadline for submission
of bidders' questions set forth in RFP, Section 1.05. All Bidders attending
the Pre-Bid Conference will receive a written record of substantive
questions that were raised prior to, at or after the Pre-Bid Conference,
along with a record of the State's official response to each question.
The written response to questions is the official record for the Procurement.
Any oral responses given by the State at the Pre-Bid Conference are
unofficial and shall not be relied upon in preparation of the bid. The
State reserves the right to change any oral response previously given
by the State at the Pre-Bid Conference in the official written response.

Notice of Intent to Bid - MANDATORY DEADLINE

Filing of this notice is mandatory. Vendors who do not file this
notice are not eligible to respond to this solicitation. Companies
intending to respond to this RFP must file with the Procurement Office,
by hard copy or facsimile with hard copy to follow (email not acceptable),
a written statement of that intention signed by an individual authorized
to legally bind the business entity. The Procurement Office must receive
this notice no later than 5:00 p.m. EDT on the date of the Pre-Bid Conference
set forth above.

No site visits to any State facilities are allowed at this time.
Site visits will be scheduled after the pre-bid conference, and must
be conducted in accordance with RFP Section 2.02, "Site Visits
& Security".

Procurement
Notice to Vendors

This notice includes important information for vendors
wishing to do business with the Office for Technology.

OFT Home
Page | About OFT |
Contact OFT | Search | PRIVACY
POLICY

e-Commerce
| GIS Clearinghouse | Technology
Academy | HIPAA | Customer
Relations | Project Management

Information Security | NYeNet
| Accessibility | IT
Procurement | Technical Policies
| SWN

Entrepreneurial Fund | Data
Center | Initiatives | Items
of Interest

Copyright © 2002 - New York State
Office for Technology