Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Re: Signal Insurance

From: "Gerald Arnone" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 09:00:31 -0600

According to your post you've paid for Signal Insurance for FIVE years.  What is $4.95 x 60 months?  $297!  Roughly the cost of three i1000's.  Insuring a $100 device makes about as much sense as insuring your shoes.

The business model of the insurance business is to exclude all instances most likely to happen so as to avoid having to pay a claim.  With a $35 deductible they're not doing anything for you even if they were to honor your claim.

Gerald J. Arnone
ENYO, Inc.

voice:   210.490.7790
e-mail:  [email-masked]
web:     www.enyoworkstation.com

---

From: Evan Platt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 09:29:45 -0800

At 07:00 AM 01/10/2003, you wrote:
>According to your post you've paid for Signal Insurance for FIVE 
>years.  What is $4.95 x 60 months?  $297!  Roughly the cost of three 
>i1000's.  Insuring a $100 device makes about as much sense as insuring 
>your shoes.
>
>The business model of the insurance business is to exclude all instances 
>most likely to happen so as to avoid having to pay a claim.  With a $35 
>deductible they're not doing anything for you even if they were to honor 
>your claim.

Remember though, that $100 phone is $100 with an activation. If you were to 
come to our shop and ask for a i1000+ (when we carried them), and wanted 
one unactivated, they went for $219, or more. True, to insure a i1000 now 
doesn't make sense, but to insure a $300+ phone that would cost $400 or 
more if purchased without activation certainly makes sense.

You can't really compare shoes and phones - you don't get a discount when 
you buy shoes activated. :)

However since you didn't quite who you were replying to, I'm not sure the 
full details of what you're referring to....

Evan

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: "Bulldog <[email-masked]>" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 19:54:53 -0000

If you extend your contract one year you can buy the i1000 from N for 
$100.  Or you could walk into office depot and buy it for the 
activated price or get it off eBay.

Signal insurance is a rip except for the i95.