Subject: [NEXTEL-1] 2003 Marks Anniversary Year For EFJ, Inc. Subsidiaries

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 04 Jan 2003 16:53:01 -0500

2003 Marks Anniversary Year For EFJ, Inc. Subsidiaries
Washington, DC

January 3, 2003

EFJ, Inc. (OTC Bulletin Board: EFJI) announced today the year-long
celebration of significant anniversary milestones from both of its
subsidiary companies - EFJohnson Company (EFJohnson) and
Transcrypt International (Transcrypt). EFJohnson marks 80 years of
serving the wireless communications industry with leading land
mobile radio solutions. Transcrypt International has been
providing secure voice encryption solutions for the past 25 years.
EFJ, Inc. plans a series of celebratory anniversary events
throughout 2003 employing both public relations and marketing
strategies.
"EFJ, Inc. has always been proud of our history of providing
industry-leading land mobile radio and voice encryption technology
to public safety communications officers around the United States
and the rest of the world," said Michael E. Jalbert, EFJ, Inc.
chairman and chief executive officer. "These anniversaries
showcase EFJ, Inc.'s vital role in the history of mobile
communications, while the strength of our customer base
demonstrates our continued importance, especially in homeland
security initiatives."

Over its 80 year history, EFJohnson has gone through many
transitions. Started as a commercial and mail order shop in 1923,
the company evolved into a manufacturing company in the 1940s. The
company's commitment to working with both federal civilian and
defense agencies was established when 100% of production
capabilities were focused on defense needs during World War II.
EFJohnson dominated the citizens band radio market throughout the
1960s and 1970s. In the early 1990s, EFJohnson was intimately
involved in the development of digital radio interoperability
standards with the Association of Public Safety Communications
Officers (APCO). EFJohnson radios are also currently on display in
the Smithsonian Institution.

Over the past 25 years, Transcrypt's encryption technology has
become a household name to some of the world's leading law
enforcement organizations including Scotland Yard, Swedish Customs
and the Royal Hong Kong Police. Transcrypt's frequency hopping and
cellular scrambling solutions have been equally important to the
commercial world. Transcrypt has worked with the Walt Disney
Company, ABCNews and GTE Mobile - the latter following
communications breaches during the 1989 earthquake in San
Francisco.

About EFJ, Inc.

EFJ, Inc., (OTC Bulletin Board: EFJI) is the holding company of
industry-leading wireless telecommunications equipment and
solutions businesses. EFJ, Inc. is home to the EFJohnson Company,
one of the first developers of Project 25 mobile communications
products compliant with federal government interoperability
standards, and Transcrypt International, a world leader in secure
voice communication solutions. 2003 marks the 80th anniversary of
EFJohnson and the 25th anniversary of Transcrypt International.
Stable and profitable, with headquarters in Washington, D.C., EFJ,
Inc. has a proven leadership team in place with decades of
experience in telecommunications and government sales. EFJohnson
and Transcrypt International are wholly owned subsidiaries of EFJ,
Inc. For more information, visit www.efji.com

About the EFJohnson Company

Celebrating its 80th anniversary in 2003, the EFJohnson Company
(EFJohnson) provides digital Project 25-compliant interoperable
wireless communications systems solutions for federal, state and
local agencies involved with homeland security and public safety.
EFJohnson was one of the first developers of wireless
communications products to be fully compliant with federal
government interoperability specifications. The company designs,
manufactures and markets conventional and trunked radio systems,
land mobile radio repeaters and mobile and portable radios.
EFJohnson, headquartered in Waseca, Minnesota, is a wholly owned
subsidiary of EFJ, Inc. (OTC Bulletin Board: EFJI). For more
information, visit www.efjohnson.com

About Transcrypt International

Celebrating its 25th anniversary in 2003, Transcrypt International
is a world leader in secure voice communication solutions for
international, commercial and government customers, delivering
more than 2,500 configurations of land mobile radio security
products since 1978. The company designs, manufactures, and
markets information security hardware and software that utilizes
sophisticated scrambling and encryption techniques to protect
sensitive voice and data transmissions. Transcrypt International,
headquartered in Lincoln, Nebraska, is a wholly owned subsidiary
of EFJ, Inc. (OTC Bulletin Board: EFJI). For more information,
visit www.transcryptsecure.com

http://www.efji.com/news_releases.asp

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/