Subject: [mobile-ip] Request for advice using MIPv4 on satellites

From: Francis Hallahan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2003 14:53:09 -0500

Hi,

The project that I am on here at NASA is looking to fly Mobile IP
on-board a satellite.  We have an chance to run some live tests
in the next few weeks.  My question is "Are there any quantitative
results that we can collect that will be useful to the Mobile IP
community?"

We will be testing a modified version is MosquitoNet, and may get
a chance to test the Helsinki Dynamics.  The configurations are
pretty much fixed.  We will fly linux on-board, will use Cisco
routers as home and foreign agents.

Right now we are set-up to collect the router logs with registration
times.  We also will  use a network sniffer to collect all data packets.

I would appreciate any advice that the group could give.

Thanks
Frank Hallahan
-- 
/------------------------------------------------------------------------\
| Francis Hallahan                      |  [email-masked]        |
|  Computer Scientist - Code 588        |  [email-masked]              |
| Computer Sciences Corporation         |  Phone (301) 286 7064          |
| at Nasa Goddard Space Flight Center   |  Lab   (301) 286 3203          |
|------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| Operating Missions as Nodes on the Internet(OMNI)                      |
|           http://ipinspace.gsfc.nasa.gov                               |
\------------------------------------------------------------------------/