Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Video camera design released for cell phones

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 02:39:20 -0500

Posted to the site on 16-Jan-03

Video camera design released for cell phones

Atsana Semiconductor has announced the availability of a 1.3 Megapixel Video Camera
Accessory Module reference design
for mobile phones and PDA manufacturers. The reference design connects to existing mobile
handsets to offer MPEG4 and
H.263 video along with Megapixel JPEG and audio capabilities. OEMs now have a
ready-to-market, production-ready design
that provides add-on Megapixel still image and video camera functionality to mobile phone
handsets.

“The camera enabled mobile phone market is positioned for rapid growth,” said Alex Leupp,
President and Chief Executive
Officer, Atsana Semiconductor Corp. “By 2007, analysts expect over 170 million
camera-enabled phones to be sold
worldwide. Atsana is leading the charge by introducing high-resolution 1.3 Megapixel
capabilities. Users can now send high
quality images and video on their mobile devices without adversely affecting battery
life.”

The Megapixel Mobile Phone Video Camera (MMPVC) is a small, low-power module combining the
programmable
high-performance and high-quality video compression capabilities of the Atsana J2210 Media
Processor with superior quality
images. The camera accessory module connects to the handset and control of the module is
implemented through a serial port
interface.

“Atsana sets an industry benchmark by offering real-time video messaging and Megapixel
camera functions to mobile phones,
as well as other mobile devices like PDAs. Capturing and sending pictures and video clips
between mobile devices is now a
reality,”

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/