Subject: [mobile-ip] Reminder for Connectathon MIP Testing

From: Samita Chakrabarti <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 12:30:07 -0800 (PST)

This is  a reminder for Connectathon participation for MobileIP testing.
Registration deadline is Feb7, 2003.

MIPv6
=====
The main focus is  MobileIPv6 Base specification (draft 19):

TAHI group will bring their automated conformance test suite
and UNH will conduct an interoperability testing on MIPv6 base
specification.

Since draft20 just got out, draft20 will not be specifically tested
for conformance, however if vendors have a separate version of draft20
compliant code, then they can try that during Connectathon. Currently
draft 20 is not under consideration.

HIMPv6
======

No conformance testing will be offered on this. But two or more implementations
can test with each-other.

MIPv4
======

No conformance Testing will take place. Only interoperability.
Anyone interested in RFC3012bis ?

For more information, please check out http://www.connectathon.org
For questions regarding MobileIP testing at Connectathon, please
contact me directly. 

Thanks,
Samita Chakrabarti

Solaris Networking Technology
[email-masked]

---

From: Brian Haley <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 16:39:24 -0500

> draft 20 is not under consideration.

Why?  We need to test conformance and interoperability with draft 20
to make sure there's no more hidden problems so we can fix them in
the last call period.  I think we should only test draft 20, especially
since draft 19 is being tested this week at the TAHI event.

We do have more than five weeks to work on this...

-Brian

---

From: Greg Daley <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 09:32:50 +1100

Is anyone else able to test an implementation of HMIPv6?

Greg D.

[snip]
> can test with each-other.
[snip]