Subject: [NEXTEL-1] National Hockey League All-Star Weekend

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 05:58:08 -0500

http://www.broward.org/gfi06383.htm
--

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

Francine Mason
Greater Fort Lauderdale
Convention &
Visitors Bureau
Tel: (954) 765-4466
E-mail:
[email-masked]

The Coolest Game on Ice
Skates into Greater Fort Lauderdale During the 2003 National Hockey League
All-Star Weekend

Opening Festivities and All-Star Block Party, a
300,000-Square-Foot Interactive Hockey Festival, Lead Up to January 2, 2003
Game; Special Travel Packages Available

GREATER FORT LAUDERDALE, FL – December 18, 2002 –
Sun, sand and ice? This February, Greater Fort Lauderdale visitors of all ages
can “chill” beachside under sunny skies and in 70+ degree
temperatures, or hit the ice at the Office Depot Center, home of the Florida
Panthers, for a chance to watch their favorite hockey players compete in the
53rd Annual National Hockey League All-Star Game.

Dubbed the “NHL All-Star Weekend,” January 29 –
February 2, 2003 is a hockey aficionado’s dream. For those who are unable
to secure a ticket to the coveted main event on February 2, the All-Star Block
Party, hosted by Nextel, will offer continuous entertainment until February 1
for an expected 200,000 fans. Encompassing 300,000-square-feet of activities,
the interactive hockey festival will take place adjacent to the Office Depot
Center and is free of charge to the public. Highlights include the All-Star
Arcade, featuring the latest hockey video games; Topps/NHL YoungStars Game,
showcasing the League’s most electrifying young players; Stanley Cup and
NHL Trophies display; Hockey’s Heroes, a chance to meet and greet players
past and present; Street Hockey Lot, with coaches on hand to give
pointer’s on technique; Coolest Kids Zone, with “softee” hockey;
and Collector’s Club, with premier game memorabilia.

NHL All-Star Weekend kicks off with an opening-night celebration
at Las Olas Riverfront from 6 pm –10 pm on January 29. Guests will also
enjoy the destination’s myriad of attractions, acclaimed restaurants and
sizzling nightlife. A mecca for the avid sportsperson, Greater Fort Lauderdale
features endless holes of golf, miles of wilderness trails for hiking and
biking, unsurpassed snorkeling and scuba diving, as well as deep sea fishing,
premier thoroughbred horseracing at Gulfstream Park, and interactive exhibits
at the International Game Fish Association’s Hall of Fame and Museum.

Four-day/three-night packages begin at $1,075 (per person, quad
occupancy) and feature deluxe accommodations; full American breakfast daily;
reserved Upper Level ticket to NHL All-Star Saturday, which includes the
YoungStars Game and NHL SuperSkills Competition; admission and transportation
to the NHL All-Star Block Party; reserved Upper Level ticket to NHL All-Star
Game; transfers to and from both days of events; NHL All-Star gifts and
amenities; on site tour host; and welcome hospitality. Packages are based on
availability and include tax and gratuities. For information and reservations,
call Sports Tour Classics at 800-777-6925 or log onto
www.sportstourclassics.com. For additional information on hotels, resorts and
Superior Small Lodgings in the Greater Fort Lauderdale area, visit
www.sunny.org.

"As the Florida Panthers franchise turns ten years old, we are
extremely proud and privileged to welcome the 2003 NHL All -Star Game to
Greater Fort Lauderdale, the birthplace of hockey in Florida," said Nicki E.
Grossman, President of the Greater Fort Lauderdale Convention & Visitors
Bureau.

For more information, contact the Greater Fort Lauderdale
Convention & Visitors Bureau, 1850 Eller Drive, Suite 303, Fort Lauderdale,
FL 33316; call 800-22-SUNNY (in the U.S. and Canada).

More GFLCVB News Releases

Greater Fort Lauderdale Convention & Visitors Bureau
Main Menu
Broward County News Releases

Back to Home Page.