Subject: RE: [NEXTEL-1] Windows 2000 and modem

From: "Philip Macafee" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 16:42:40 -0800

Rick, sorry to put the question to the forum in such a poor manner. The
modem is My I1000+.
\

-----Original Message-----
From: Rick Parrish [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, January 09, 2003 7:01 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [NEXTEL-1] Windows 2000 and modem

Philip Macafee wrote:

> I just upgraded to Windows 2000 from NT and none of the modem drivers
> seem to work.  What gives?

Microsoft evolved the standards for device drivers. You may have to hunt
down the OEM or vendor that made your modem and hope they have released
a WDM version. Folks migrating from Win98 or ME are in the same boat.
Sometimes they make drivers that work for NT, 2K and XP. Sometimes they
provide a separate driver for each OS.

The OEM for my win-modem chipset discontinued the chipset prior to Win2k
so no WDM driver exists.

Good luck.
Rick

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
ADVERTISEMENT

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.

---

From: Rick Parrish <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 00:08:39 -0600

Philip Macafee wrote:

> Rick, sorry to put the question to the forum in such a poor manner. 
> The modem is My I1000+.

Doh! Oh well, the overly generic info still applies. You'll just need to 
dig up the Win2K driver for your phone. I hope either mot.com or 
nextel.com has it for download. Good luck.
-rick

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/