Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Communications

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 17:32:14 -0500

1) Canada Announces Up To $172.5 Million In New Marine Security Projects

Link to news release from Transport Canada:
http://www.tc.gc.ca/mediaroom/releases/nat/2003/03-gc001.htm
Link to speaking notes from Transport Minister David Collenette:
http://www.tc.gc.ca/mediaroom/speeches/2003/2003-01-22.htm
Link to story in The Halifax Herald (Halifax, Nova Scotia):
http://www.herald.ns.ca/stories/2003/01/22/f165.raw.html

2) Port & Maritime Security In The United States: Reactions To An Evolving Threat

Link to article from the Center for Defense Information:

http://www.cdi.org/terrorism/maritimesecurity.cfm

3) US Senate Passes Amber Alert Bill, Sends It To House

Link to Associated Press story via ABC News:

http://abcnews.go.com/wire/Politics/ap20030121_1788.html

4) ORANGES Evaluation Test Plans

Test plans for the US DOT sponsored evaluation of the ORANGES Electronic Payment Systems
Field Operational Test.

Link to report from the Federal Highway Administration:

http://www.itsdocs.fhwa.dot.gov//JPODOCS/REPTS_TE//13771.html

5) Making The Connexion Smoother Than Expected

A reporter relates her experience using the Internet while flying from Germany to the US.

Link to article in the Seattle Post-Intelligencer (Seattle, Washington):

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/business/105215_air22.shtml

6) Telematics & CRM 2002, Paris

Auto Analysis reviews the Paris conference and the different ways in which telematics is
being used as a tool for customer
relationship management.

Link to article in Telematics Update:

http://www.telematicsupdate.com/homepage2.asp?news=34501

7) The Freeway Service Patrol & The Wider World Of Transportation Management

Link to article from On Patrol from the Metropolitan Transportation Commission:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications/files/FSP%26transport.mgmnt-1-22-03.doc

8) Automated Train Horn Reduces Noise

Link to story from WLS-TV (Chicago, Illinois):

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/news/012103_ns_automatedhorns.html  (includes video link)

9) High Technology Gets Stuck In Traffic

Link to column in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette (Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania):

http://www.post-gazette.com/columnists/20030122sam0122p1.asp

10) Florida Study Fails To Link Cell Phone Use To Crashes

Link to article in the South Florida Sun-Sentinel (Fort Lauderdale, Florida):
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/southflorida/sfl-pcell12jan21,0,2841402.story?coll=sfla-home-headlines

11) Alternate Pollution Solutions
Smart cameras among lower cost programs which could help reduce vehicle emissions.
Link to article from Oil & Gas Journal:
http://cnniw.yellowbrix.com/pages/cnniw/Story.nsp?story_id=36076058&ID=cnniw&scategory=Business+and+Finance

12) January Edition Of Caltrans CT News Online
Articles inside include:
 -  Traffic Balancing Act Plays Out Smoothly on Major Southland Freeway  (page 1)
 -  Caltrans Shares Mapping Prowess in GIS Day Celebration 2002!  (page 3)
 -  Caltrans Provides North State Winter Road Conditions on Internet  (page 6)
http://www.dot.ca.gov/ctnews/CTNews_1-03_SCREEN.pdf

13) The Hunt For RFI
Unjamming a coast harbor.  A team of engineers tracked down three rogue television
antennas guilty of jamming GPS for months.
Link to article in GPS World:
http://www.gpsworld.com/gpsworld/content/contentDetail.jsp?id=43404

14) Florida's First Talking Web Site, Offering Auto Listings
Link to news release from 2Sky Blue mediaworks:
http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/030122/222167_1.html
Direct link to TampaTalks Web site:  http://www.tampatalks.net/

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/