Subject: [NEXTEL-1] RE: Memphis TN

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 22:44:31 -0500

------- Original Message --------
   From: "AA4BR" <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: [project25] Memphis TN

 Memphis does indeed use its 800 MHz trunked radio system for its intended purpose -
Public Safety Communications.However, these morons chose VSELP modulation instead of IMBE
so they are only capable of being interoperable with themselves or any other rare bird
that might have chosen VSELP, of which there are not many. I believe that they realized
their mistake prior to canceling the UHF licenses, which would return the freqs to the
pool for that region, and decided to keep the UHF as backup for cross-agency
communications with FEMA, THP, etc. My 5 cents worth...  2 cents is the normal charge, 3
cents overtime...Bernie

     -----Original Message-----
     From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
     Sent: Tuesday, January 21, 2003 16:23
     Subject: Memphis TN

     I dont think that P25 has ever been about effective spectrum use. Look
     at this.

     Looking at the FCC database you can see that Memphis is still licensed
     for 5 fire channels at 453 Mhz (KUQ631), 10 police channels at 460 Mhz
     (KUO982), and 5 local government freqs at 453 Mhz (KZJ817, KNBR715,
     WNXK674). Haven't they been on their 800 Mhz system for at least 10 or
     15 years now? Why are these UHF freqs still licensed? Peter S

     Memphis Transit also has 6 453 freqs under KLL720.

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/