Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Passport question

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2003 12:45:18 -0500

------- Original Message --------
   From: "Todd Ellis" <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE:  Passport question

 But how many in one continuous system?  From looking at the system maps on Bart's
website, it is hard to tell, but it appears that the UHF system is wide area.  My question
is how many sites are feasible, and in addition, how many subscribers are feasible?  LTR
had a hard time supporting any more than 120 subs a channel...but the signaling system,
especially the parallel design of the system, must have a top-end limit.I could call Rhett
and Dave Anderson (who says I haven't?) but I'd like to hear someone who doesn't have an
interest in the company's products tell me more. Todd Ellis

     -----Original Message-----
     From: Mark Krotz [mailto:[email-masked]]
     Sent: Tuesday, January 07, 2003 12:06 PM
     Subject: Re:  Passport question

     >
     > I believe Fisher Wireless has close to 2 dozen (or more)
     > linked PassPort sites in service out here in the west and
     > southwest.
     >
     > http://www.fisherwireless.com
     >
     >
     >
     > Ahh..... that's right, Mark...... I forgot about Bart's system.  Are you
     > sure he's using Passport?
     >

     I know for certain that his sites around PHX are PassPort, ie,
     South Mountain, Usery Pass, White Tanks, etc, because I've seen
     them.  I don't know for certain that all of his UHF sites are
     PassPort, but I believe many of them are.   And the Motorola
     shop here is in bed with them on some stuff around here.  They
     have several sites of PassPort up and running, linked together
     in the PHX area.

     Mark

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 12:42:11 -0500

------- Original Message --------
   From: "Giovanni Benzoni" <[email-masked]>
Subject:  Fw: Passport Question
       :

Good morning to everybody My company ( PROD-EL S.p.a from Milan-Italy ; see
www.prod-el.com ) operates in the PMR( or LMR in US ) environment and manufactures  since
sixties simulcast systems in different frequency ranges ( MB-VHF-UHF). I do not know what
you mean as "Passport System" but  if I have understood correctly, you are looking for
some Wireless radio systems with more than 6 operating sites . For your information an
architecture of our ECOS simulcast network  can achieve more than 200 repeater sites ( all
of them working  in the same time on the same frequency pair !!!). The above is, of
course, a theoretical figure but we have running several simulcast systems with  more than
30 repeater sites....and the end users are important organizations like police forces ,
fire brigades , civil defence ,utilities, etc Our radio network solutions are cosidered so
innovative , reliable and flexible as to make our customers very satisfied. Pls consider
this my e-mail as an attempt to give you a short answer to your query : if I did not
succed  I bag your pardon. In case you are interested in our ECOS radio networks, pls
contact me at the address written below and I will be very happy to send you all the
required details. Thanks for the attention and happy new 2003 Claudio MidlarzExport Sales
Mgr Prod-el S.p.aVia palmanova 18520132 Milan - Italy Tel     +39.02.25928.251 e-mail :
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 23:32:31 EST

We have 12 Passport Site in ct with sevral thousand users. Check out our web 
siite under Voicelink.net. We also have specil software for determing loading 
for pasport systems. Bruce Marcus CTO Voicelink