Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Re: Dialing a long number on an i88s.

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 11:43:40 -0500

------- Original Message --------
From: Gerald Arnone <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Dialing a long number on an i88s.

The phonebook on iDEN handsets holds 20 characters, max.  Set up 3 phonebook
entries to function as a macro for your arthritic fingers. :)

I would suggest entitling them AAstep1, AAstep2, AAstep3 so that they appear
at the top of the phonebook.  Inserting a character (e.g. *) will make them
appear at the bottom.

To insert a "pause" hold down the "*" key for two seconds which will display
a "P," meaning pause.

AAstep1=10 digit number
AAstep2=11 digit number
AAstep3=72#, 7 or 10 digit number

The pauses between steps one & two would both likely be accomplished by the
amount of time it would take to select the speed dial while connected to the
call.  I see a need to insert the pause in AAstep3 only.

During the call simply select the speed dial step and hit "send" (green key)
and continue.  This is awfully rudimentary but it will decrease the number
of necessary keystrokes to execute the task. That's what your after right?

Gerald J. Arnone
ENYO Communications, Inc.

voice:   210.490.7790
e-mail:  [email-masked]
web:     www.enyo.org

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/