Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Cisco's World Wi-Fi Tour

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 18:20:43 -0500

Cisco's World Wi-Fi Tour

Cisco Systems [Nasdaq: CSCO] not only takes its Wi-Fi router
business seriously, it's also taking it globally. The latest stop in the
company's Aironet Wi-Fi technology world tour is the University of
British Columbia in Vancouver, B.C., which follows a deployment
in Adelaide, Australia. Cisco (San Jose, Calif.) also formalized its
ongoing work with European wireless operator mm02 [LSE: OOM]
to be the carrier's preferred supplier of Internet protocol
networking requirements.

The Canadian university is using Aironet in a wireless network
operated by Telus [NYSE: TU] to provide high-speed connectivity
to 44,000 students, staff and faculty, covering more than 1 million
square meters (10.8 million square feet) and all 300 of the
university's buildings. The system, which is planned to be complete
in September, will be the largest wireless local-area network in
Canada. In Australia, the StreetWise network in Adelaide will
include more than 70 access points attached to roadside
infrastructure around the city. StreetWise is a project of m.Net
Corp. (Adelaide), a consortium of three universities, public
authorities and Cisco, as well as Agile and AirNet, which will build
the network and provide Internet service to enable access by
public and corporate users. For more on hot topics within the
wireless sector, be sure to read the latest edition of Wireless Data
News. For subscription information, visit the "newsstand" at
http://www.TelecomWeb.com.

Priority Access Funding On Hold; 911 Calls On Notice

Changes in high-profile Bush Administration financial posts are
generating more talk than other U.S. budget and economic
activity, but a lack of funding for priority wireless access could
have many in government and law enforcement talking if they don't
have emergency wireless access.

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/