Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Motolola Phone on Sprint Network

From: "stm934 <[email-masked]>" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 17:46:41 -0000

I have a Motorola V60 CDMA  phone- will sprint activate this for 
service on there system?

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 14:30:30 -0500

The v60 CDMA (1900Mhz)  is "Compatible" however it is not supported by Sprint according to
Motorola
(http://commerce.motorola.com/consumer/QWhtml/phone_comp.html).

It should also be noted that carriers are very territorial when it come to the handsets.
Even if you manipulate the NAM parameters in the phone to conform to Sprint (or another
carrier) system it still may not  work. A portion of the IMEI/ESN designates the model &
manufact of the phone and if it is not in the carriers switch database the Cust Svc Rep
will be unable to activate it.  This is done to regulate the types of phones on their
network.

---

From: Evan Platt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 09:55:46 -0800

>I have a Motorola V60 CDMA  phone- will sprint activate this for

I don't see what this has to do with Nextel - who was this phone originally 
branded for? Most likely Verizon, however in most cases, no, a carrier will 
not activate a phone not branded for their network. Too many things can go 
wrong, and then they end up being hours of technical support calls.

Evan

---

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 14:38:25 -0500

Evan,

It has nothing to do with Nextel, but if I can help I will try.
I know some people just want to hear about Nextel and I respect that, but I try to add
some diversity here. After all how much new Nextel info is out there?

Evan Platt wrote:

> I don't see what this has to do with Nextel -