Subject: [mobile-ip] deregistration from foreign link

From: Ryuji Wakikawa <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 16:17:23 +0900

When a MN locates at a foreing link and sends a de-registration BU (the
BU which lifetime set to zero), the MN must not use the Careof Keygen
Token to calculate the authenticator according to the draft (section
9.5.1).

Since the MN is at the foreign link and uses CoA as the source address
of the BU, MN should verify CoA of the BU as well as a normal BU.

any comments?

Section 9.5.1 said
   o  If the Lifetime specified in the Binding Update is zero or the
      specified care-of address matches the home address for the
      binding, then this is a request to delete the mobile node's cached
      binding.  In this case, the Binding Update MUST include a valid
      home nonce index, and the care-of nonce index MUST be ignored by
      the correspondent node.  The generation of the binding management
      key depends then exclusively on the home keygen token (Section
      5.2.5).  If the Home Registration (H) bit is set in the Binding
      Update, the Binding Update is processed according to the procedure
      specified in Section 10.3.2; otherwise, it is processed according
      to the procedure specified in Section 9.5.3.

regards,
ryuji

---

From: Vijay Devarapalli <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 10:36:01 -0800

>       to the procedure specified in Section 9.5.3.

you are right. the above paragraph assumes that 
deregistration BUs (by setting lifetime=0) are sent only from 
the home link.

only when the MN sends a deregistration BU to the CN from the
home link, should the CN not use the care-of nonce index.

Jari, in section 9.5.1, replace

> In this case, the Binding Update MUST include a valid
>       the correspondent node.

        If the Binding Update was sent by the mobile node from its home
        link, it MUST include a valid home nonce index. The care-of
nonce 
        index MUST be ignored by the correspondent node.

Ryuji, are there any more instances of this?

Vijay