Subject: [NEXTEL-1] This Chat Is Music to Your Ears

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2003 16:58:59 -0500

January 2, 2003

This Chat Is Music to Your Ears

While "CD-like sound quality" is not commonly associated with cellphones, Sony has
introduced a series of telephone
headsets that incorporate the same technology used in headphones for its portable music
players.

Sony, of course, does not have a magical way to overcome the audio limitations of
cellphones. But it asserts that the models
block unwanted noise better than most sets and are more comfortable as well.

The DR-E110 (for phones with a standard 2.5-millimeter jack) and the DR-E110N4 (which fits
some Nokia phones) are
earbud-style headsets. Both come with foam pads to accommodate various shapes of ears and
sell for $10.

The four other models are single-ear variations on Sony's ear-clip headphones for music
listening. The DR-J115 (pictured) and
its Nokia-compatible counterpart each cost $15. The DR-J120 and a similar model for Nokia
phones are $5 more but come
with a superior, noise-reducing microphone. The headsets are available at Best Buy
bricks-and-mortar stores. Ian Austen

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/01/02/technology/circuits/02earb.html?pagewanted=print&position=top

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/