Subject: [mobile-ip] options in Mobile Prefix Advertisement

From: Vijay Devarapalli <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 12:39:13 -0800

> The Mobile Prefix Advertisement sent by the home agent MAY include
>    the Source Link-layer Address option defined in RFC 2461 [12], or the
>    Advertisement Interval option specified in Section 7.3.
> 

I dont see any use for the Source Link-layer address option or
the Advertisment Interval option in the Mobile Prefix Advertisment.
infact (IMHO) we should say these options should not be included. 

Vijay

---

From: Vladislav Yasevich <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 16:06:44 -0500

Vijay

I can see the reasons to not include Source Link-layer address, but
whey not the Advertisement Interval?

I can see it being potentially useful to MNs.

-vlad

-- 
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Vladislav Yasevich		Tru64 UNIX - IPv6 Project Lead
Hewlett Packard 		Tel: (603) 884-1079
Nashua, NH 03062		ZKO3-3/T07

---

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 00:03:05 +0200

> I can see it being potentially useful to MNs.

It is useful for MNs, but only for the network where they are at.
That is, the AI option in an MPA tells you nothing about the interval
on which we can expect RAs on a visited link.

Or did I miss something?

The paragraph has been removed in the new text.

Jari

---

From: Vladislav Yasevich <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 17:09:36 -0500

> on which we can expect RAs on a visited link.

No it doesn't help with RAs on a visited link, but it may help with MPA
and MPS scheduling when away from home.

> The paragraph has been removed in the new text.

OK.

-vlad

---

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 00:30:11 +0200

> and MPS scheduling when away from home.

Hmm... I seem to recall something like this too. But when I
scanned the latest contents of Section 10.6.2 I can't find
any dependency to home link advertisement period.

Jari