Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Fatal Chase - Digital Versus Analog

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 17:58:29 -0500

-------- Original Message --------
From: "Buchanan, David" <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: Fatal Chase - Digital Versus Analog

The FCC is faced with the issue that all frequency bands below 3 GHz are
allocated to some service.  When Public safety goes in and asks for more
spectrum for voice operations because we don't want to change technologies,
we force the FCC to choose to eliminate something to accommodate Public
safety.  Yes - Public safety communications is important but we can't expect
others to cease operating because we need more spectrum and are unwilling to
use what we have more efficiently.  We will be much better off working to
resolve issues of using digital modulation and reap the benefits.

 -----Original Message-----
Random Noise Wrote:
I disagree.  It seems to me that the problem isn't a
failure of people trying to understand P25, it is
people not knowing why they should switch.

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/