Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Method and a radio terminal for interaction with a service provider

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2003 19:51:16 -0500

Method and a radio terminal for interaction with a service provider (Assignee -- Telia AB)

-- 1/3/2003
MicroPatent

U.S. Patents via NewsEdge Corporation : Abstract: A mobile radio terminal for a digital
cellular radio communication system.
The system includes a number of base stations connected to a public network. Each of the
base stations is adapted to serve a
number of mobile radio terminals. The mobile radio terminal includes negotiation means for
initial negotiation with the service
provider for the provision of a service application required by terminal user. A control
means dynamically controls individual
elements of the service application, interconnections between individual elements and
interconnection between the service
application and a carrier network. A co-division access device enables different users to
share radio resource. The Co-division
access device may use CDMA or COFDM.

Ex Claim Text: A mobile radio terminal for a digital cellular radio communication system,
comprising: a number of base stations
connected to a public network, each of said base stations being adapted to serve a number
of mobile radio terminals,
characterized in that said mobile radio terminal comprises, negotiation means for initial
negotiation with a service provider for
providing a service application required by a terminal user, control means for dynamically
controlling individual elements of the
service application, interactions between said individual elements, and interactions
between the service application and a carrier
network, and code division access means for enabling different users to share a radio
resource; a radio data modem for
transmitting and receiving data for said service application, said data modem including an
access function for controlling access
to said carrier network; a mobile user terminal interactively connected to said data
modem, wherein said mobile user terminal
includes terminal user means for enabling a user to specify and control a required service
application; wherein said negotiation
means are adapted to negotiate a service goal with said service provider which satisfies
said user requirements; wherein at least
one service function of said mobile user terminal is adapted, on completion of said
negotiation, to request said access function
to establish a radio data - channel connection to said service provider, thereby enabling
achievement of said service goal, and
wherein said radio data modem is adapted, during provision of the required service, to
dynamically coordinate and control the
service application by ensuring that said radio data channel continues to enable
achievement of said service goal.

Patent Number: 6498788

Issue Date: 2002 12 24

Inventor(s): Emilsson, Stellan

Schmitt, Mikael

http://www.e-insite.net/index.asp?layout=articlePrint&articleID=NEm1226179.9pa

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/