Subject: [NEXTEL-1] New Wireless Business Solution Mobilizes Popular IT Service Management System on Nextel's Nationwide Network

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 17:16:27 -0500

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/030130/302248_1.html

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

Search - Finance Home - Yahoo! - Help

Welcome,
marcel_rf1
[Sign
Out]

Money Manager
-
My Yahoo! View
-
Customize

Financial
News

Enter
symbol(s) BasicDayWatchPerformanceReal-time MktDetailedChartResearchOptionsOrder
Book
Symbol Lookup

Press Release

Source:
Nextel Communications Inc.

New Wireless Business Solution Mobilizes Popular IT Service Management System on Nextel's Nationwide Network
Thursday January 30, 10:01 am ET

RESTON, Va. & MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jan. 30,
2003--

Nextel and Aeroprise Provide Additional Wireless Capabilities

for Thousands of Remedy Action Request System Users

Nextel Communications Inc. (NASDAQ:NXTL - News) and Aeroprise, Inc.,
have introduced the Aeroprise Mobile Gateway which empowers customers
of Remedy®, a BMC Software company (NYSE:BMC - News), with wireless data
access to their applications developed on the Action Request System®
(AR System®), the industry leading business process automation
platform.

ADVERTISEMENT

By providing real time wireless connectivity, Aeroprise and Nextel
enable remote employees to access applications on AR System. As a
result, Remedy users can increase productivity, reduce costs and
improve customer service on a wide range of service management events
such as trouble ticketing, helpdesk, sales force automation, field
dispatch and asset management.

"Nextel is committed to providing mission-critical Wireless
Business Solutions to customers," said Ernie Cormier, Nextel's vice
president, Business Solutions. "To that end, it is imperative that we
partner with solutions providers that allow us to offer the best in
applications and services for our customers across the country. The
Aeroprise application expands the reach and footprint of the Remedy
investment that many of our enterprise customers have already made, by
allowing remote workers to access the system and solve problems. By
doing so, they increase the return on their Remedy investment, reduce
costs and increase internal and external customer satisfaction."

Aeroprise is the latest example of how Nextel Wireless Business
Solutions helps companies increase productivity by addressing
real-time business needs through faster exchange of information.

Nextel Wireless Business Solutions provides an enterprise-strength
wireless platform combining applications, services, tools and the
support that companies, large and small, need to deploy productive
wireless solutions.

"Nextel and Aeroprise extend the capabilities of a customer's
investment in Remedy products to critical work being done in the
field," said Ken Boyd, vice president and CIO of Remedy. "The
resulting access to critical information allows them to solve
immediate business problems."

With its unique Personalization capabilities, the Aeroprise Mobile
Gateway allows users to create rules in advance to customize the
information that their Remedy applications push to them, and allows
them to pull only urgent, actionable and perishable service requests
from the system when logging in wirelessly.

For example, a user can prioritize requests from executives and
have only those requests sent to the Nextel handset. So, when an event
fitting the employee's criteria occurs, the Aeroprise application is
triggered and sends the specified information from the AR System
automatically to the remote worker without intervention from the
system administrator.

Once received, the remote worker simply clicks on the actionable
alert to interact with the ticket in the AR System and can then
reassign, approve, prioritize or update the resolution status of the
problem wirelessly.

No programming is required to install Aeroprise products. With its
pre-built integration to Remedy's AR System, the first application can
be wirelessly enabled within an hour using Nextel's Internet-ready
handsets.

"Our applications allow Remedy customers to automate a portion of
Service Management work that gets done in the field. Real-time
wireless modifications for any field within an application built on
Remedy's AR System, including Service Level Agreement (SLA)
requirements, escalations, reassignment, and closure reduces the time
to solve service requests," said George de Urioste, Aeroprise's chief
executive officer. "Our customers benefit by combining Aeroprise's
technology with Nextel Communications' powerful nationwide wireless
data communications network. The Remedy customer community can now
leverage industry-leading solutions that are effective, affordable and
easy to deploy."

Online Demo

To view an online demo of the Nextel and Aeroprise capabilities,
please go to the Aeroprise website at www.aeroprise.com. The
Aeroprise/Nextel solutions are available for a "test drive." Please
contact either company to experience the advantages of mobile workflow
management.

About Nextel

Nextel Communications, a Fortune 300 company based in Reston, Va.,
is a leading provider of fully-integrated wireless voice and data
communications services including Nextel Direct Connect® -- the
long-range digital walkie-talkie feature; high quality digital
cellular services; Nextel Online® wireless data content and business
solutions; and two-way messaging services.

Nextel and Nextel Partners, Inc. have built the largest guaranteed
all-digital wireless network covering 197 of the top 200 U.S. markets.
Nextel's wireless voice and packet data communications services are
available today in areas of the U.S. where approximately 240 million
people live or work.

About Aeroprise

Aeroprise is an enterprise software company in the Mobile Workflow
Management industry. Aeroprise products support both custom-built and
out-of-the-box Remedy applications.

A key element of the Aeroprise value proposition is its
Personalization Console, which enables employees to specify preferred
knowledge for their mobile devices. A second key element is that no
programming is required for installation or maintenance. Aeroprise is
installable by customers, eliminating the need for consulting services
and resulting in a lower total cost of ownership.

Nextel is a registered trademark of Nextel Communications, Inc.
Aeroprise is copyrighted to Aeroprise, Inc. Remedy, Remedy
Corporation, AR System and Action Request System are trademarks of BMC
Software, Inc. Other company or product names have been used for
identification purposes only and may be trademarks or registered
trademarks of their respective companies.

Copyright (C) 2003 Nextel Communications, Inc. and Aeroprise, Inc.

Contact:

Nextel Communications Inc.
Scott Sloat, 703/433-4931
[email-masked]
or
David Gehring, 650/404-1189
[email-masked]

Source:
Nextel Communications Inc.
Email this story
-
Set
a News
Alert
ADVERTISEMENT

Special Offers

·

Web hosting. Best quality, 24/7 toll free support. Lowest prices.

·

Sign up now and get 4 Free weeks of The Wall Street Journal

·

Planning to Sell or Buy a Home? Compare REALTORS® and View Homes!

·

Make Your PC Faster in Just Five Minutes!

·

Build a better financial future with ClearCredit!

·

AT&T Wireless. Get a FREE Nokia 3360 and plans from $19.99!!

·

Credit Card offers @ eCreditCards.com (U.S. Only)

·

$7.77 Web Hosting + 2 Months FREE!

·

Find Old Friends at Classmates.com

·

Trade as low as $9.95* per trade. Become a CyberTrader.

Related
Quotes

BMC
NXTL

17.67
12.15

-0.22
-0.64

News
News

View Detailed Quotes
Delayed 20 mins
Quote data provided by
Reuters

Related News Stories

·

[audio] Register.com mum on IWB offer [1.9 min] - ON24 (Tue Jan 28)

·

Nextel Communications To Buy NeoWorld Communications - Dow Jones Business News (Tue Jan 28)

·

StorageTek Customers Patrol Disk Storage With BMC Software - PR Newswire (Tue Jan 28)

·

Nextel Partners subscriber adds to exceed forecasts - Reuters (Tue Jan 28)

More...

·

By
industry:
Banking, Computers, Networking, Software, Telecom

Top Stories

·

EM.TV, Valentine Ally Stick by Stalled Muppets Deal - Reuters (Mon Jan 27)

·

IBM Unveils Computing-Grid Products for Industries - Reuters (Mon Jan 27)

·

Former Kmart CEO May Face Legal Claims - Reuters (Sun Jan 26)

·

Slammer Worm Hits Korean Shares - Reuters (Mon Jan 27)

More...

·

Most-emailed
articles

·

Most-viewed
articles

Finance Spotlight

·

MarketTracker
Live streaming quotes for $9.95/mo

·

Credit Reports
Find out your credit score instantly

Copyright © 2003 Yahoo! Inc. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy - Terms of Service - Ad Feedback
Copyright
©
2003 Business Wire. All rights reserved. All
the news releases provided by Business Wire are copyrighted.
Any forms of
copying other than an individual user's personal reference
without express
written permission is prohibited. Further distribution
of these materials
by posting, archiving in a public web site or database,
or redistribution
in a computer network is strictly forbidden.