Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Wireless Design Online Newsletter

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 13:29:09 -0500

================================================================
Wireless Design Online Newsletter - http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com
Tuesday, January 14, 2003
================================================================
 
----------------------------------------------
FREE WIRELESS WEEK MAGAZINE SUBSCRIPTION
----------------------------------------------
 
Wireless Week brings the entire wireless communications industry all the news, every week
in an attractive, inviting format. Produced by the most experienced staff in the industry,
Wireless Week provides saturation coverage of all segments of the wireless communications
industry including cellular, PCS, Wireless Internet, paging, messaging, broadband, SMR,
private radio, data, satellite every emerging technology and service. It covers the
business and technology, infrastructure and distribution channels, the companies and the
people behind them, the policies and the politics.  Visit the link below to get your FREE
subscription today!
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/4366/793725

------------------------------------- 
FEATURED ARTICLES
-------------------------------------  
 
1) New Magnum Filtered Terminal Blocks Offer Better Insertion Loss Performance
2) Wireless wheel alignment provides speed and convenience for automobile technicians
3) IXI-Studio(TM) Enables Development of Wireless Applications, New Devices
 
---------------------------------------
 
1) New Magnum Filtered Terminal Blocks Offer Better Insertion Loss Performance
 
Corry Micronics, Inc. (Corry, PA) and Cooper Bussmann, MAGNUM (Chicago) have signed a
strategic supply agreement and now have available its new standard F38 Series and custom
Filtered Terminal Blocks. This new addition to the existing line of MAGNUM terminal blocks
features an integrated solid pin design that improves the Insertion Loss (IL) performance
in most DC and AC applications....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/7128/793725
 
2) Wireless wheel alignment provides speed and convenience for automobile technicians
 
Lenexa, Kansas -- The leading supplier of high-performance, cost-effective 2.4 GHz spread
spectrum wireless modules, AeroComm has developed a wireless system for use in wheel
alignment applications that removes cumbersome umbilical cables from the workplace while
simplifying and speeding up the process....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/7129/793725
 
3) IXI-Studio(TM) Enables Development of Wireless Applications, New Devices; New Software
Development Suite Makes Development Faster, Easier
 
REDWOOD CITY, Calif., Jan 13, 2003 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ -- IXI Mobile, Inc., a provider
of wireless software solutions for network operators, manufacturers and application
developers, today announced the availability of IXI-Studio, a complete software
development suite. The software tools included in IXI-Studio(TM) facilitate both novice
and experienced developers quickly and easily to produce...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/7130/793725

--------------------------------------------------------
Reap The Rewards Of Your Own Intranet Service
--------------------------------------------------------
 
You can now experience the benefits of an Intranet with a 30-Day FREE Trial offer. An
Intranet is an essential tool for today's business world. With access to so many helpful
features, in no time you will see improved organization and increased productivity in your
company. Experience the benefits first hand:
 
- Document library for sharing and storing key information
- Group and personal calendar
- Task management tool
- Tools to help keep your intranet secure and simple to administer
 
Sign up today for your 30-Day FREE Trial!
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/1865/793725

------------------------------------- 
FEATURED PRODUCTS
-------------------------------------
  
1) Electronic Design Automation Software Tools 
2) Common Band Devices
3) Bluetooth Qualification Services
4) 8700 Series Survey System
5) Filter Plate Arrays
6) Quad-Band Power Amplifier
7) Multi-Mix(R) Vector Modulators
8) SkyMate(TM)
9) PC5-5 Ultracapacitors
10) Quartz Crystal Resonators
 
---------------------------------------
 
1) Electronic Design Automation Software Tools 
 
Applied Computational Sciences (ACS) designs, develops and sells Electronic Design
Automation software tools for RF/Microwave engineering applications. ACS's main product is
the LINC2(TM) linear circuit simulator and RF Tools products....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/7138/793725
 
2) Common Band Devices
 
Specifications:
- Isolation:  22 dB min 
- Insertion Loss:  0.30 dB max 
- VSWR:  1.20 : 1 max 
- More...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/7131/793725
 
3) Bluetooth Qualification Services
 
RFI is able to offer a complete range of qualification and regulatory conformance services
for Bluetooth products. The following list identifies the key service areas that RFI
provides for the Bluetooth industry...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/7132/793725
 
4) 8700 Series Survey System
 
The 8700 Series is the most accurate non-ionizing radiation survey system available. It
provides the broadest frequency coverage making it the ideal system for surveying
electromagnetic fields from 3 kHz to 100 GHz....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/7133/793725
 
5) Filter Plate Arrays
 
Corry Micronics offers filter plate arrays with .100" and 2mm centers. The .100" centered
filter plate arrays are available in "C" and "Pi" configurations with capacitance values
from 68pF to 5000pF....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/7134/793725
 
6) Quad-Band Power Amplifier
 
The RMPA1958-99 is a high efficiency power amplifier module for GSM/GPRS quad-band
applications. The module, which has an overall frequency range of 824-1910 MHz, uses
Raytheon RF Components? proprietary InGaP MMIC technology together with a CMOS control
circuit in an integrated design, affording greater flexibility and user convenience....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/7135/793725
 
7) Multi-Mix(R) Vector Modulators
 
The Multi-Mix(R) VMD-Q series provides a vector modulator with variable IQ control of
phase and amplitude in a surface mount outline. Accurate phase and amplitude control
through a 360 degree range make them ideal for feed forward and signal processing
applications....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/7136/793725
 
8) SkyMate(TM)
 
SkyMate is another exciting member of Solectek Corporation's family of 11 Mbps wireless
networking products. It serves as a remote end [a CPE] of a point-to-multipoint STAR
net-work, and uses Solectek's SkyWay-Net as the BASE station equipment....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/7137/793725
 
9) PC5-5 Ultracapacitors
 
PC5-5 measures only 17 x 23 x 9.5mm and stores 23 Joules of energy at 5.0 volts for
immediately available high power delivery. With its small size, large capacitance, and
very low ESR, the PC5-5 is ideal for consumer electronics, wireless transmission, medical
devices, automatic meter readers, and many other applications requiring a pulse of
power....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/3936/793725
 
10) Quartz Crystal Resonators
 
In a Corning quartz crystal, a thin slice of quartz is placed between two electrodes. An
alternating voltage applied to these electrodes causes the quartz to vibrate, or
oscillate, at a particular frequency. The frequency is a function of the thickness of the
crystal. By carefully preparing a crystal, it can be made to oscillate at any
frequency....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/3500/793725

==========================================================
GENERATE LEADS
The VertMarkets Marketplace Manager is a self-service marketing tool that extends your
existing online marketing activities and lets you generate qualified sales leads for your
products.  To learn more please visit us at:  
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/content/vertpages/MarketplaceManager.asp?comingfrom=news_online_foot
 
==========================================================
FREE TRADE PUBLICATIONS 
Browse from the extensive list of trade publications by industry, title, key word or
geographic eligibility to find the titles that best match your skills and interests. All
of the magazines are absolutely free of charge, no hidden fees, no soft or trial offers,
and no obligation.   
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/897/793725
 
==========================================================
CONSULTING SERVICES
Find the best consultant for your project through Wireless Design Online Consulting
Services. With performance data on 1,800 pre-qualified firms, this easy to use service
ensures you'll get the right firm, every time. 
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/322/793725
 
==========================================================
CAREER SERVICES
Wireless Design Online has partnered with Artemis HR to bring you targeted resume and job
search capabilities.  Visit today:
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/913/793725

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/