Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Governor's Inauguration Receives Free Wireless Services from

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2003 12:36:02 -0500

Governor's Inauguration Receives Free Wireless Services from
Nextel Partners to Enhance Coordination, Safety
Source: Business Wire
Publication date: 2003-01-06

TALLAHASSEE, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jan. 6, 2003--Coordinators of
one of the largest events kicking off the new year -- the Governor's
inauguration -- are receiving a valuable donation from wireless services
provider Nextel Partners (Nasdaq:NXTP) to help ensure flawless festivities.

The donation, valued at $7,500, includes 100 wireless phones and local
service provided by Nextel Partners to help enhance security efforts and
event logistics during Florida Governor Jeb Bush's inauguration Tues., Jan. 7
in Tallahassee.

"Nextel's donation will give us added capabilities and reliability as we handle
the coordination needs of hundreds of security officials and event staff. The
phone's long-range walkie-talkie enables instant communication with
multiple agencies at once, critical as we work to ensure the safety of event
participants -- our top priority," said Florida Department of Law Enforcement
(FDLE) Chief Kent McGregor. FDLE coordinates event security in which
more than 20 state and local agencies participate.

Included in the donation are Nextel phones -- known for their integrated
"four-in-one" service that includes a long-range walkie-talkie feature -- as
well as accessories, technical support, local and national service, and
training.

Phones will be used by inauguration staff, event organizers, and local and
state public safety officials to enhance security and overall event
coordination. The event is expected to draw more than 20,000 people,
including community, government and business leaders, and local
residents.

"We've seen the value instant connectivity offers public safety officials
through our partnerships with area law enforcement groups," said Nextel
Partners General Manager Jim Wright. "We're proud to add the Governor's
inauguration event to our ongoing community involvement program."

Nextel Partners, which offers the only national "four-in-one" wireless service
in Tallahassee, has a history of donating wireless phones and service to
local community organizations including the March of Dimes, FDLE, Annual
Red Hills Horse Trials, and Leon County Schools. The company has local
offices in Tallahassee, Pensacola and Panama City Beach, and employs
360 people statewide.

Nextel Partners, Inc. (Nasdaq:NXTP), based in Kirkland, Wash., has the
exclusive right to provide digital wireless communications services using the
Nextel brand name in 31 states where approximately 52 million people
reside. Nextel Partners offers its customers the same fully integrated, digital
wireless communications services available from Nextel including digital
cellular, text and numeric messaging, wireless Internet access and Nextel
Direct Connect(R) digital walkie-talkie, all in a single wireless phone. Nextel
Partners customers can seamlessly access these services anywhere on
Nextel's or Nextel Partners' all-digital wireless network, which currently
covers 197 of the top 200 U.S. markets. To learn more about Nextel
Partners, visit www.nextelpartners.com.

Nextel, the Nextel logo, and Nextel Direct Connect are trademarks and/or
service marks of Nextel Communications, Inc.

Publication date: 2003-01-06

http://cnniw.yellowbrix.com/pages/cnniw/Story.nsp?story_id=35661120&ID=cnniw&scategory=Business+and+Finance&

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: "Todd Ellis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 12:41:47 -0500

Sounds like any "informed" investor wouldn't buy any stock in a company
working on Project 25!!!  Sounds like Nextel has it all wrapped up.

Todd Ellis

  -----Original Message-----
  From: Marcel [mailto:[email-masked]]
  Sent: Monday, January 06, 2003 12:36 PM
  To: [email-masked]
  Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Governor's Inauguration Receives Free Wireless
Services from

  <snip>
  "Nextel's donation will give us added capabilities and reliability as we
handle
  the coordination needs of hundreds of security officials and event staff.
The
  phone's long-range walkie-talkie enables instant communication with
  multiple agencies at once, critical as we work to ensure the safety of
event
  participants -- our top priority," said Florida Department of Law
Enforcement
  (FDLE) Chief Kent McGregor. FDLE coordinates event security in which
  more than 20 state and local agencies participate.