Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Wireless Design Online Newsletter

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 17:32:13 -0500

================================================================
Wireless Design Online Newsletter - http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com
Thursday, January 23, 2003
================================================================
 
----------------------------------------------------
PRODUCT SOURCING ON WIRELESS DESIGN ONLINE
----------------------------------------------------
 
Have you visited our Product Showcase lately? You can use the Showcase to browse or search
hundreds of product listings, view specifications and photos, and even contact suppliers
directly for more information. Check it out at:
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/content/productshowcase/ProductShowcase.asp
 
To find out more about getting your company's products listed in the Product Showcase and
sent to thousands of buyers via the Wireless Design Online newsletter, contact us at
mailto:[email-masked].

------------------------------------- 
FEATURED ARTICLES
-------------------------------------  
 
1) Wireless LAN's Future Is Established As Big Tech and Telecom Companies Enter The Market
2) Wavecom Reports 2002 Full-year Revenues of EUR551.1 Million
3) Peregrine Semiconductor Receives ISO-9001:2000 Certification
 
---------------------------------------
 
1) Wireless LAN's Future Is Established As Big Tech and Telecom Companies Enter The
Market, According to New ABI Study
 
OYSTER BAY, N.Y., Jan 22, 2003 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- The wireless LAN (WLAN) industry is
experiencing tremendous growth aided by lower pricing points and standardization of the
technology. Allied Business Intelligence (ABI) believes that this growth will continue to
accelerate, as the multi-billion dollar technology and telecommunications companies such
as Microsoft, Intel, Dell, AT&T, and IBM, to name a few, enter the WLAN industry...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/8738/793725
 
2) Wavecom Reports 2002 Full-year Revenues of EUR551.1 Million
 
ISSY-LES-MOULINEAUX, France, Jan 22, 2003 -- Wavecom S.A., the world's number one provider
of integrated wireless modules, today announced revenues for the fourth quarter and
full-year 2002. All figures are unaudited. For the quarter ended December 31, 2002,
Wavecom reported total revenues of Euro 135.4 million...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/8739/793725
 
3) Peregrine Semiconductor Receives ISO-9001:2000 Certification
 
SAN DIEGO, Jan 21, 2003 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Peregrine Semiconductor today announced that
its ISO-9001:1994 Certification for the design and manufacture of semiconductors has been
upgraded to ISO-9001:2000. Peregrine Semiconductor was granted the Certificate of
Registration by QMI, a leading international management systems registrar in North
America....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/8740/793725

-----------------------
FEATURED DOWNLOAD
-----------------------
 
American Technical Ceramics Corp. (ATC) recently contributed a new datasheet to the
Wireless Design Online Download Library. Click on the link below to learn more about ATC's
CR Chip Resistors, which are designed and manufactured in ATC's ISO-9001 facility using
non-toxic, cost effective, Aluminum Nitride base substrates.
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/8750/793725

------------------------------------- 
FEATURED PRODUCTS
-------------------------------------
  
1) Broadband Linear Gain Amplifier
2) UHF Miniature Receiver 70 RX-M1
3) Microwave Phase-Locked Oscillator
4) SSPA 1.20-1.40-100 Amplifier
5) FXS1 Fiber Voice Adapter 
6) Reflective Surface-Mount SPDT Switch
7) Microwave Design
8) Stratum 100-200 mbps Ethernet+2 T1 Link
9) BlueBird CDMA/1xRTT Cellular Modem
10) Product Design and Development Services
 
---------------------------------------
 
1) Broadband Linear Gain Amplifier
 
The RF2351 is a broadband linear amplifier designed specifically for digital
communications systems. With a frequency range of 1710MHz-1910MHz, it is suitable for use
in CDMA or TDMA systems in the PCS band....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/8741/793725
 
2) UHF Miniature Receiver 70 RX-M1
 
The UHF-Receiver 70RX-M1 is designed as a high end receiver for ambitious applications in
the wireless data and signal transmission generally. The sophisticated solution is
realized by consequently used SMD-technology....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/8742/793725
 
3) Microwave Phase-Locked Oscillator
 
MITEQ's LPLM oscillator is used as a phase-stable frequency source up to 15 GHz. Based on
a multiplied ceramic resonator approach, the oscillator is phase-locked to either an
internal or external crystal reference with a typical phase noise performance at 15 GHz
better than 100 dBc/Hz at 10 kHz offset...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/8743/793725
 
4) SSPA 1.20-1.40-100 Amplifier
 
Aethercomm Part Number SSPA 1.20-1.40-100 is a high power, pulsed solid-state amplifier
used for military telemetry, data transmission and radar. This SSPA supports pulse widths
up to 100 mSec with duty cycles from 0.1% to CW operation. Minimum output power is 100
watts at 85C base plate....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/8744/793725
 
5) FXS1 Fiber Voice Adapter 
 
The FXS1 is a Fiber Optic Voice Adapter, providing direct, secure fiber optic connection
between any telephone set and a PABX. The FXS1 is typically used to extend dial-up phone
service to remote sites over a fiber optic....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/8745/793725
 
6) Reflective Surface-Mount SPDT Switch
 
Skyworks' new GaAs PHMET reflective switch is optimized to provide excellent broadband
performance from DC-6 GHz. The AS209-321's high frequency, low loss and high linearity
make it ideal for 802.11a, 802.11b, and HiperLAN wireless applications....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/8746/793725
 
7) Microwave Design
 
Our high-end products are built to the customer's specifications, and we w will take on
both the design and the manufacturing of small series. Some examples of recent high end
projects are an X-Band Video Link, a small battery-fed video transmitter and X- to L-Band
Receive Converter, some power amplifiers, a 50 Watt S-Band SSPA and a 25 Watt X-Band
SSPA...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/8747/793725
 
8) Stratum 100-200 mbps Ethernet+2 T1 Link
 
The Stratum 100 is the industry's fastest license-exempt wirefree radio system offering
100 Mbps full-duplex throughput for Fast Ethernet transport. In addition, two T1 channels
are available for PBX connections, T1 channel bank, T1 video codec and other TDM
applications....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/8748/793725
 
9) BlueBird CDMA/1xRTT Cellular Modem
 
These digital (CDMA) modems provide the highest data rates and reliability with reduced
size and power consumption. They offer dual-frequency data (800/1900 MHz). The BlueTree
BlueBird/CDMA cellular modem is the most versatile and reliable digital cellular modem in
its class....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/8749/793725
 
10) Product Design and Development Services
 
Huckstuder Design is a full service product design and development firm. We specialize in
Design Strategy, Product Branding, User Research, Industrial Design, GUI design,
Mechanical Design and Rapid Prototyping. By integrating customers needs and our clients
capabilities, we develop products that create a competitive advantage....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/8751/793725

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/