Subject: [NEXTEL-1] RELM Wireless Receives U.S. Forest Service Order Totaling Approximately $900,000

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 14:09:26 -0500

RELM Wireless Receives U.S. Forest Service Order Totaling Approximately $900,000
Source: Business Wire
Publication date: 2003-01-29

WEST MELBOURNE, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jan. 29, 2003--RELM
Wireless Corporation, (NASDAQ: RELM) a manufacturer, developer, and
distributor of wireless land mobile radio (LMR) products, today announced
the receipt of an order from the Black Hills National Forest (South Dakota)
totaling approximately $900,000.

The order includes APCO Project 25-compliant (Project 25) digital portable
radios and repeaters, in addition to G-Series analog portable and mobile
radios. This order is a result of RELM being awarded a contract by the U.S.
Forest Service in December 2002 to provide two-way communication
solutions to forests nationwide.

Black Hills National Forest is replacing their repeater and base station
infrastructure with BK Radio-brand Project 25 equipment. Consistent with
the Project 25 standard, this equipment provides seamless communications
for users of existing two-way radios, as well as for those using new Project
25 digital radios. This will allow Black Hills to respond to the expected
growth of digital communication requirements in the future. Two-way
communications are critical to a wide array of forestry operations throughout
the United States, including the prevention and combat of forest fires.

RELM President and Chief Executive Officer, David Storey commented, "We
are pleased to serve the needs of the Black Hills National Forest,
particularly as they migrate to digital, APCO Project 25 compliant
communications. High quality and affordable pricing combine to make our
digital products an exceptional value.

"Furthermore, our G-Series analog radios can be easily and inexpensively
upgraded to comply with the APCO Project 25 digital standard. This is an
important feature for budget-conscious forests, such as Black Hills, as they
expand their digital migration. BK Radio analog customers who want the
benefits of our digital products will also be able to take advantage of our
trade-in program. Under this program, customers will be able to purchase a
new digital product while receiving a trade-in credit for their old analog unit."

For over 55 years, RELM has manufactured and marketed two-way FM
business-band radios as well as high-specification public safety mobile and
portable radios, repeaters and accessories, base station components and
subsystems. Products are manufactured and distributed worldwide under
RELM Communications, Uniden PRC and BK Radio brand names. The
company maintains its headquarters in West Melbourne, Florida and can be
contacted through its web site at www.relm.com or directly at
1-800-821-2900.

http://cnniw.yellowbrix.com/pages/cnniw/Story.nsp?story_id=36268286&ID=cnniw&scategory=Telecommunications%3AWireless&amp;