Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Homeland Security Weekly - 1.27.03

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 18:24:32 -0500

[Image][Image]                                                AUTO-UPDATING
                                                                         BANNER

         WEEK OF JANUARY 27,
        2003                                                     VOLUME 2 ISSUE 4

              [Image]                       [Image]                    [Image]
                                  STATE OF THE UNION ADDRESS
             [Image]        'THE COURSE OF THIS                       Perishable
                            NATION DOES NOT DEPEND                   Links Below
                            ON THE DECISIONS OF   [Image]
                            OTHERS'
             RESOURCE          Read the address transcript [Image]   U.N. Issues
                                                      HERE  (HTML)  Alert on Food
           JUMP STATION                                    [Image]    Terrorism
                               Read security excerpts HERE  (HTML)       1.31
                                Read about new initiatives [Image]     --------
        [Image]Homeland                               HERE  (HTML)  Bush approves
               Security                ------------------
                                                                       nuclear
               Nuclear &    BRITIAN PRESENTS                       response  1.31
        [Image]             INTEL SHOWING AL           [Image]

               Radiological QAEDA WAS MAKING
        [Image]Biological   DIRTY BOMB
                                  Read the news story HERE [Image]
        [Image]Chemical                                    (HTML)        U.S.
                                                                     INTELLIGENCE
        [Image]Hazardous                                           LOOKS FOR SIGNS
               Devices       [Image]
                            TERRORIST THREAT INTEGRATION              OF SADDAM
        [Image]Natural      CENTER                        [Image]    PRE-EMPTIVE
               Disasters                                            STRIKE  1.31

                            President Bush has called for the

          National Radar    development of a unified Terrorist
                            Threat Integration Cntr. (TTIC).
                                                                      21 nations
              [Image]       Proposed by the Gilmore Commission       allow US war
                            late last year, the Center's mission
                            will be to merge and analyze domestic   access  1.30
                            and international terrorism-related
                            information in order to form a
              [Image]       comprehensive threat picture. The fact
                                                                      One-legged
                            sheet below provides more detail about    Jordanian
                            the TTIC concept.                          believed
                                  View the fact sheet HERE [Image]     plotting
              [Image]                                      (HTML)   bioattack for
                                 -----------------------------
                                                                    Saddam  1.30
                            PHYSICAL SECURITY              [Image]

              [Image]       FM 3-19.30
                            This U.S. Army field manual (FM) sets     Killing of
                            forth guidance for all personnel           American
                            responsible for physical security. It  diplomat linked
              [Image]       is the basic reference for training      to bin Laden
                            security personnel.                      operative in
                                                                     Iraq  1.30

                               Access the publication HERE [Image]
              [Image]                                      (HTML)
                                                                    Advertisement

                            NUCLEAR CONTAMINATION
              [Image]       AVOIDANCE

                            FM 3-3-1 / FMFM 11-18                    Shoe Bomber
                                                                     Sentenced to
                            This U.S. Army field manual defines    Life in Prison
              [Image]       the entire process of nuclear               1.30

                            contamination avoidance. It details
                            how to locate, identify and operate in
                            and around nuclear contamination.
                                                                   Iraq sent spies
              [Image]       While targeted to a military audience,  to NY and DC,
                            much of the guidance is also
                            applicable to non-military readers as   according to a
                            well.                                    gov. report
                                                                        1.30
           ---------------                                 [Image]
                               Access the publication HERE
                                                            (PDF)
           Advertisement         -----------------------------
                                                                    Feds With fake
              [Image]       IMPLEMENTATION OF THE                    IDs get thru

                                                                     U.S. border
                            HOMELAND SECURITY             [Image]       1.30

           Advertisement    ACT OF 2002
                            Passage of the Homeland Security Act
              [Image]       of 2002 has launched a massive           Admin hoping
                                                                      promise of
                            reorganization of the federal             buyer will
                            government, the manner in which it          entice
                            operates, and the rules by which it       bioterror
                            conducts business. Companies and           vaccine
                            organizations with the best
                                                                     development
           Advertisement    understanding of these changes will be      1.29
                            well positioned to protect their

              [Image]       interests and take advantage of a wide
                            range of new commercial
                            opportunities.
                                                                      UK arrests
                            .                                       another under
           Advertisement                                            anti-terrorism
                            This briefing document provides a        laws  1.29
              [Image]       summary description of the
                            organization of the new DHS, outlines
                            it's primary powers and areas of
                            responsibility, and identifies some of    FBI orders
                            the major issues that will rise in the   counting of
                            course of the establishment of the       U.S. mosques
                            Department's policies, rules and        and Muslims as
                            practices.                               part of the
                                                                         U.S.
                               Access the publication HERE [Image]  anti-terrorism
                                                            (PDF)
                                 -----------------------------      effort  1.29
                            HOMELAND SECURITY:

                            Data on Employees and         [Image]
                                                                     Sen. Kennedy
                            Unions Potentially Affected              attempts to
                                                                         kill
                            This report provides data on federal     immigration
                            employee unions and employees who will   registration
                            be potentially affected by the          effort  1.29
                            creation of a new Department of
                            Homeland Security (DHS). Prepared by
                            the Congressional Research Service.
                                                                    Advertisement
                                    Access the report HERE [Image]     [Image]
                                                            (PDF)

                            U.S. USE OF PREEMPTIVE                 Mexico may dump
                            MILITARY FORCE                         'United States'
                            This report reviews the historical     for good  1.29
                            record of the uses of U.S. military
                            forces in a “preemptive” manner, an
                            issue that has emerged due to the
                            possible use of U.S. military force    U.S. shuts down
                            against Iraq.                            consulate in
                                                                   Mexico for visa
                                                                     fraud probe
                                                                        1.29
                                    Access the report HERE [Image]
                                                            (PDF)
                                 -----------------------------
                            A NUCLEAR 9/11:
                                                          [Image]      LAX bomb
                            Imminent or Inflated Threat            plotter gets 24
                                                                     years  1.28
                            The possibility that terrorists might
                            crash a hijacked airliner into a
                            nuclear power plant is one of the more
                            nightmarish scenarios to have surfaced      Kuwait
                            since the al Qaeda attacks on the       attackers vow
                            Pentagon and the World Trade Center on       more
                            Sept. 11, 2001. However, disagreement    operations
                            remains as to whether a plant could         1.28
                            survive such an attack as well as the
                            likely consequences.
                                 Read the issue paper HERE [Image]    Bio-terror
                                                           (HTML)
                                 -----------------------------       sensor being
                            94, 624 NATIONAL GUARD AND               installed
                            RESERVE TROOPS MOBILIZED AS   [Image]       1.28
                            OF Jan.29, 2003

                            A cumulative roster of all National
                            Guard and Reserve who are currently on     Iraq and
                            active duty can be found via the link     Biological
                            below.                                 Warfare Agents
                                                                        1.27

                                       View the roster HERE[Image]
                                                            (PDF)

                                                                    Bio-chem suits
                                                                   found in London
                                                                    mosque  1.26

                                                                       2 Month
                                                                      Archive

                                                                     Jan  20.03

                                                                     Jan  13.03

                                                                     Jan  06.03
                                                                      Dec 30.02

                                                                      Dec 23.02

                                                                      Dec 16.02

                                                                      Dec 09.02

                                                                      Dec 02.02

                                                                      Nov 25.02

                                 ABOUT US       ADVERTISE

                   Links marked with the Acrobat symbol [Image] are downloadable
         [Image]    PDF files. You must have Acrobat Reader to view these files.
                  Download it for free from the Adobe web site by clicking  HERE.

              Copyright © 2002 Two Tigers Radiological. All Rights Reserved

                            An information service provided by