Subject: Re: [NEXTEL-1] Phone Firms Testing High-Speed Technology Called EvDO

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 08:44:23 EST

In a message dated 1/23/2003 4:34:24 AM Eastern Standard Time, 
[email-masked] writes:

> Faster than Wi-Fi -Hi-Five I can see that. Most Wi-Fi -Hi-Five users report 
> diminished speeds in a residential environment when the Tx &Rx are located 
> in different rooms/floors of the house. 

Don't get me started on that one........ got the 12 dB antenna hooked up to 
my wife's computer last night..... still not a sufficient signal.  We're 
thinking that it's a bad PCI card (although you wouldn't think it since it's 
fine when the router and computer are in the same room).  So, tonight I take 
out the card and return it.

Alan T.

---

From: "Todd Ellis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 09:19:04 -0500

Try checking for firmware upgrades.  My Linksys PCI cards all needed
updating from 1.3 to 1.4 rev firmware, and the throughput shot up
dramatically.

Todd Ellis

  -----Original Message-----
  From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
  Sent: Thursday, January 23, 2003 8:44 AM
  To: [email-masked]
  Subject: Re: [NEXTEL-1] Phone Firms Testing High-Speed Technology Called
EvDO

  In a message dated 1/23/2003 4:34:24 AM Eastern Standard Time, ma
   [email-masked] writes:

    Faster than Wi-Fi -Hi-Five I can see that. Most Wi-Fi -Hi-Five users
report diminished speeds in a residential environment when the Tx &Rx are
located in different rooms/floors of the house.

  Don't get me started on that one........ got the 12 dB antenna hooked up
to my wife's computer last night..... still not a sufficient signal.  We're
thinking that it's a bad PCI card (although you wouldn't think it since it's
fine when the router and computer are in the same room).  So, tonight I take
out the card and return it.

  Alan T.
        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
              ADVERTISEMENT

  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.