Subject: [NEXTEL-1] EFJohnson Announces Order From Department of the Treasury

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 18:47:01 -0500

EFJohnson Announces Order From Department of the Treasury

Washington, DC – January 21, 2003-- EFJ, Inc. (OTC Bulletin Board: EFJI) announced that
its EFJohnson subsidiary has received a $970,000 delivery order from the Department of the
Treasury for SMARTNET® / SmartZone® and Project 25 digital portable and mobile radios. The
Treasury Department will deploy EFJohnson’s software programmable portable 5100 series
radio and 5300 series mobile radio at the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC)
in Glynco, Georgia. The FLETC serves as an interagency law enforcement training
organization for more than 70 federal agencies with personnel located throughout the
United States and its territories. The Center also provides services to state, local, and
international law enforcement agencies.

“This is the first significant order received under EFJohnson’s Indefinite Delivery
Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) contract awarded by the Department of the Treasury and the
Department of Justice in September. We are especially pleased that the Treasury Department
has chosen EFJohnson radios for this important application,” said Michael Jalbert, EFJ,
Inc. chairman and chief executive officer.

“EFJohnson is truly excited to have our products being deployed at FLETC. With over 70
federal agencies training personnel at FLETC, we expect widespread exposure of our
products to federal and other law enforcement agents,” said Jim Ridgell, EFJohnson vice
president of federal business.

Celebrating its 80th anniversary in 2003, the EFJohnson Company (EFJohnson) provides
digital Project 25-compliant interoperable wireless communications systems solutions for
federal, state and local agencies involved with homeland security and public safety.
EFJohnson was one of the first developers of wireless communications products to be fully
compliant with federal government interoperability specifications. The company designs,
manufactures and markets conventional and trunked radio systems, land mobile radio
repeaters and mobile and portable radios. EFJohnson, headquartered in Waseca, Minnesota,
is a wholly owned subsidiary of EFJ, Inc. (OTC Bulletin Board: EFJI). For more
information, visit www.efjohnson.com.

EFJ, Inc., (OTC Bulletin Board: EFJI) is the holding company of industry-leading wireless
telecommunications equipment and solutions businesses. EFJ, Inc. is home to the EFJohnson
Company, one of the first developers of Project 25 mobile communications products
compliant with federal government interoperability standards, and Transcrypt
International, a world leader in secure voice communication solutions. 2003 marks the 80th
anniversary of EFJohnson and the 25th anniversary of Transcrypt International. Stable and
profitable, with headquarters in Washington, D.C., EFJ, Inc. has a proven leadership team
in place with decades of experience in telecommunications and government sales. EFJohnson
and Transcrypt International are wholly owned subsidiaries of EFJ, Inc. For more
information, visit www.efji.com.

Certain matters discussed in this press release constitute forward-looking statements
within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These
forward-looking statements relate to, among other matters, the Company’s continued
development of Project 25 products and infrastructure equipment, customer demand for the
Company’s products, including its digital interoperable and SMARTNET® / SmartZone®
wireless communications solutions, and the Company’s future financial performance and
position. These forward-looking statements are subject to certain risks and uncertainties
that could cause the actual results, performance or achievements to differ materially from
those expressed, suggested or implied by the forward-looking statements due to a number of
risk factors including, but not limited to, the level of demand for the Company’s products
and services, dependence on continued funding of governmental agency programs, and other
risks detailed in the Company’s reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission,
including its Annual Report on Form 10K for the year ended December 31, 2001.

http://www.efjohnson.com/News/News_Detail.asp?ArticleID=144

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/