Subject: [Fwd: [NEXTEL-1] RF info]

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 18:01:24 -0500

What frequency range? 

What types of material? 

The planning tools I use have some material attenuation information, however all material
is not crated equal. Glass is a perfect example depending on the manufacturing technique
used I found glass can attenuate a signal from 3-22db or more in a 18 Ghz PTP MW system. 

-------- Original Message --------
From: "Nitin J. Khanna" <[email-masked]>
Subject: [NEXTEL-1] RF info
To: <[email-masked]>

Hello All,

I am looking for a database of RF related studies. One that shows the
amount of dB loss when a RF waves pass through various materials. I
would appreciate any help.
Please help

Thanks,
Nitin

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: "Todd Ellis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 08:27:22 -0500

This is actually information found in a different arena.  What you are
looking for is known by very few in the materials science world.  I have
read PhD dissertations discussing only a handful of materials and their
dielectric properties versus frequency.  This is a science all onto itself.
This is something that Oak Ridge National Labs scientists look at on a daily
basis, and how stealth technology was even developed.  I had the privilege
of being invited to lecture at LSU on this topic in 1997.

There is a local company here that makes this science their business,
specifically to cure adhesives in the electronic manufacturing process.  You
might want to check out the website at
http://www.microcure.com/fr_about2.htm

I can't/won't vouch for the company, but the scientific information is very
solid and well-respected.

Todd Ellis

  -----Original Message-----
  From: Marcel [mailto:[email-masked]]
  Sent: Wednesday, January 29, 2003 6:01 PM
  To: [email-masked]
  Subject: [Fwd: [NEXTEL-1] RF info]

  What frequency range?

  What types of material?

  The planning tools I use have some material attenuation information,
however all material
  is not crated equal. Glass is a perfect example depending on the
manufacturing technique
  used I found glass can attenuate a signal from 3-22db or more in a 18 Ghz
PTP MW system.

  -------- Original Message --------
  From: "Nitin J. Khanna" <[email-masked]>
  Subject: [NEXTEL-1] RF info
  To: <[email-masked]>

  Hello All,

  Thanks,
  Nitin

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
              ADVERTISEMENT

  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.