Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Now You Can 'Whisper And Be Heard!(TM)'

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 02:32:31 -0500

Wall Street-Proven, Noise-Canceling B2B Technology Goes Mainstream: Consumer
Cell Phones Get theBoom(TM) at 2003 CES

Now You Can 'Whisper And Be Heard!(TM)'

NOVATO, Calif., Jan. 7 /PRNewswire/ -- A revolutionary new, acoustical,
noise-canceling communications device tested in years of daily Wall Street use
now gives cell phone users the ability to speak naturally and quietly in any
noisy setting and still be heard clearly:  theBoom(TM) is the first consumer
product from established B2B voice recognition technology innovator UmeVoice,
Inc. (http://www.umevoice.com), now available for $150 at http://www.theboom.com.
theBoom's
patented, shaped-based solution virtually eliminates background noises as loud
as the New York Stock Exchange trading floor or even a black hawk helicopter
while permitting clear caller communications.  theBoom will be on display at
The Digital Experience (http://www.pepcom.com) during the 2003 INTERNATIONAL CES
(http://www.cesweb.org), Wednesday, January 8, The Mirage Hotel/Grand Ballroom,
7-10:00 p.m. PST (3400 Las Vegas Blvd. South. Las Vegas, Nevada)
"Wall Street trading rooms and especially the floor of the NYSE are
extremely noisy environments where mistakes quickly become very expensive,"
said James Oliverio, a senior Wall Street information technology
executive/consultant and CEO with Ideabox.com.  "I've had an opportunity to
evaluate many of technologies during my years on Wall Street and the UmeVoice
technology found in theBoom has proven to be an essential business tool that
has saved us tremendous amount of time and money from costly errors."
Even in the loudest of environments, with theBoom attached to any phone,
users can converse at comfortable levels (even whisper if necessary!).  Gone
is the necessity to speak loudly -- or shout -- in order to be heard.  Gone is
the need to repeat statements.  theBoom's patented noise cancellation
technology makes sure that every word is understood without the interference
of background noise.
"theBoom is a natural extension of our technology which was originally
developed for Wall Street traders," said Adithya Padala, CEO and founder of
UmeVoice, Inc.  "These are people who care profoundly about accuracy and
intelligibility.  They make vitally important phone calls amidst the din of
the stock market floor, giving buy-sell instructions that must be heard
clearly by the recipient or by our voice recognition-enabled computers.  Now,
mainstream businesses and consumers can benefit from this technology that is a
proven success on Wall Street."
People can now stop shouting and get down to their private business,
whether they are on a busy street, on the trading floor, in a cab or in a
noisy restaurant."

A SMART SOLUTION FOR NOISY TIMES ...
At the heart of "theBoom" is patented technology based on advanced
acoustic principals, developed by UmeVoice, Inc.  This shape-based solution
provides a two-port microphone housing, which cancels out background noise as
it hits the front and the back ports.  Thus, theBoom prevents the input of
noise from a user's environment.  The speaker's voice, however, is
concentrated on the front port and deflected away from the back port.  This
enables the microphone to transmit a strong speech signal, devoid of
background noise.  The result is a dramatic enhancement in clarity that allows
a user to speak quietly in 100 decibels of noise and still be heard clearly.
theBoom is available directly from UmeVoice and can be ordered by phone at
1-888-230-3300 or online at http://www.theboom.com.  For more information, call
415-883-1500.

ABOUT UMEVOICE, INC.
theBoom is the first consumer product from UmeVoice, Inc.  Founded in
1995, UmeVoice established a new global standard for Voice User Interfaces
(VUI) used in transaction-based desktop and wireless applications.  Today,
UmeVoice solutions are enabling traders to make more deals each day while
reducing the likelihood of mistakes, at many of the top brokerage houses
around the world including companies like Goldman Sachs and Merrill Lynch.
theBoom and UmeVoice are all trademarks of UmeVoice, Inc.  For more
information on UmeVoice and theBoom, visit http://www.theboom.com or call
415-883-1500.
http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/01-07-2003/0001867472&EDATE=

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/