Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Re:Nextel named "Mobile Communications Company of the Year"]

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 20:34:27 -0500

-------- Original Message --------
From: "radiosystemspro <[email-masked]>" 
Subject: Re: Nextel named "Mobile Communications Company of the Year"

Many of these users are not responsible (read accountable) for 
the payment of the bill, either. It's a business expense, right? If
the corporate bean counters were to take the time to actually compare 
the total costs of Nextel's service with other carriers and even 
other types of communication services, I think they'd have a stroke. 
No pun intended.  As far as the reference to customer retention, etc, 
etc is concerned, what else would one expect from a proprietory, 
single vendor solution such as the Nextel handset and system? Your 
customer churn is bound to be low, too, since most Nextel subscribers 
have no clue that what they're using for cell phone service has 
effectively locked them into being a Nextel victim. They have no 
other choice for the life of their contract. And the walkie-talkie 
capability? Well, it's way cool, man, way cool. Wonder how many have 
ever used a real radio? 

RSP 

 "Dan Simmonds" 
<dan@a...> wrote:
> Seems clear, by this report, that the majority of Nextel customers 
are commercial. I only say this by common assumption that business 
users would be the vast majority of those who would contribute most 
to the $71.00 / month service cost.
> 
> I think if it weren't for the "Direct Connect" feature (I'll 
refrain from saying walky talky), Nextel would not be quite so 
present in the spotlight.
> Dan

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/