Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Voice Over Internet Protocol (VoIP) Roundtable

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 14:51:30 -0500

MEETING ANNOUNCEMENT
Voice Over Internet Protocol (VoIP) Roundtable
Wednesday, February 12, 2003, 1:00 to 5:00 p.m.
U.S. Department of Commerce
1401 Constitution Avenue, N.W. Room 4830
Washington, D.C.
(Entrance on 14th Street between Pennsylvania and Constitution Avenues, NW)
The Commerce Department's National Telecommunications and Information Administration
(NTIA) will host an afternoon roundtable on Wednesday, February 12th to discuss Voice over
Internet Protocol (VoIP) and the convergence of the Internet and the public switched
telephone network. The roundtable will include an overview of VoIP technology, including a
brief demonstration of the Commerce Department's new VoIP telephone system. The overview
will be followed by two panels of leading experts addressing the VoIP marketplace and the
policy and regulatory implications of VoIP.
The discussions will be moderated by Nancy J. Victory, Assistant Secretary of Commerce for
Communications and Information, and by the NTIA staff. The roundtable will be webcast over
the Internet. Additional information about the roundtable and the webcast is available on
the NTIA home page at: www.ntia.doc.gov.
The roundtable will be open to the public on a first-come, first-served basis and space is
limited. To facilitate entry to the Department of Commerce building, please have photo
identification available and/or a U.S. Government building pass, if applicable, and plan
to arrive at least one half hour ahead of the session. The roundtable is physically
accessible to people with disabilities. Any member of the public wishing to attend and
requiring special services, such as sign language interpretation or other ancillary aids
should contact Jennifer Guy at 202-482-5836 or at [email-masked].
Media and other inquiries should be directed to NTIA's Office of Public Affairs at
202-482-7002.
###
http://www.ntia.doc.gov/ntiahome/press/2003/voip01092003.htm

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/