Subject: [NEXTEL-1] track Yahoo Group users around the net

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 12:43:23 -0500

FYI- This may be old but it is worth revisting.....

-------- Original Message --------
From: [email-masked]
Subject:track Yahoo Group users around the net

Anyone who is in a Yahoo group needs to read this.

Yahoo may be taking advantage of the new Homeland Security measures
set up for ISPs to Monitor the net....At least for now Yahoo has
an "Opt Out" of their "Web Beacons" Trackers.

This has been posted (note that you must opt out on every browser
you use with Yahoo): This means every computer that you use with 
Yahoo.

Yahoo is now using something called "Web Beacons" to track Yahoo
Group users around the net and see what you're doing - similar to
cookies. Take a look at their updated privacy statement:

>http://privacy.yahoo.com/privacy/us/pixels/details.html

About! half-way down the page, in the section "Outside the Yahoo!
Network", you'll see a little "click here" link that will let you opt-
out of their new method of snooping. I recommend doing this. Once
you have clicked that link, you are opted out. Notice the "Success"
message at the top of the next page. Be careful, because on that
page there is a "Cancel Opt-out" button that, if clicked, will *undo* 
the opt-out.

--------------------
Rich Loether             Snail Mail: University of Pittsburgh
EMail: [email-masked]                  Network Services
Voice: (412) 624-6429                600 Epsilon Drive
FAX:   (412) 624-6436                Pittsburgh, PA 15238
Without Prejudice, UCC 1-207
finger for PGP 2.6.2 public key
Key Fingerprint 53 76 0B 73 DF 5C D9 14  D0 C3 68 20 DE 4F 60 C0

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/