Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel Does Dog & Pony show for Builders-

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2003 11:58:18 -0500

2003 International Builders’ Show In Las Vegas To Highlight Housing Industry’s Latest
Product Trends

January 2, 2003 - With housing still the shining star of an otherwise lackluster economy,
more than 70,000 professionals from every niche of this industry will travel from all over
the world to partake in the 2003 International Builders’ Show (IBS)®, a premier
new-product and services showcase, at the Las Vegas Convention Center from January 21-24.

Over 1,300 manufacturers and suppliers will display the newest residential building
materials and products in more than 300 different categories on an exhibit floor spanning
nearly one million square feet.  Returning this year is TecHOMExpo™, a show-within-a-show,
where visitors can learn about cutting-edge technologies and products including hardware,
software and services.

Some of the many innovative products and services that will be featured include:

Appliances

Duo Vac will be featuring the Silentium central vacuum unit, which combines power and
quietness while maintaining a healthier living environment for the homeowner.
H-P Products, maker of the Dirt Devil®, will introduce the new Dirt Devil® Platinum Force
Twin-Motor Unit with a 1010 air watts rating for maximum cleaning power.
Icebox, LLC will introduce its new model, called CounterTop, a more compact version of its
all-in-one entertainment center for the kitchen.
Jacuzzi will highlight three of its new products: the Pure Air Bath line with an air
channel design, the state-of-the-art bathing and entertainment center, and the steam and
shower base.
KitchenAid® will expand its presence outside the kitchen to freestanding and built-in
outdoor gas grills.
Liberty Safe will show its New Home Appliance™, a luxury safe providing both fire
protection and security for valuables in the home.
Whirlpool will introduce the “family studio,” a trend in home design that combines
Whirlpool products with a multi-functional laundry space.
Construction Materials
Continental Cast Stone Manufacturing, Inc. will display its new Designer Collection
Standard Shapes Catalog, which features an on-line quoting system that makes it easier to
factor in cast stone during the concept and design phase of a project.
Cultured Stone® will display both a new texture in an array of popular colors and new
colors in two of its existing textures.
Eldorado Stone will showcase its line of stone veneers, offering the beauty and durability
of stone in a lightweight and more affordable option.
E-MAXX Systems will introduce a new foam insulation system for poured concrete walls
called “the E-MAXX System.”
EZ Stairs will launch its stair building product with adjustable, parallel brackets to
make it easy to build perfect stairs of superior strength and structural integrity every
time.
Foster Products Corporation will show off Foster’s Indoor Air Quality product line for
killing and preventing the re-growth of mold, mildew, bacteria and fungus.
Georgia-Pacific will display its new DensArmor™ and DensArmor™ Plus gypsum board products
for interior walls and ceilings in both commercial and residential construction.
Hanson Roof Tile will display its new Roman Pan Tile and Cambridge Series flat tile, which
emulate clay and slate tiles, respectively.
Louisiana-Pacific Corp. will introduce its TechShield® radiant barrier sheathing product,
which blocks up to 97 percent of radiant heat from entering the attic.
MonierLifetile will show its Total Roof System, made of select proprietary products that,
when used together, will give the homeowner 10 to 15 year warranties against leak
intrusion.
Quickflash Weatherproofing Products, Inc. will feature its line of high grade,
polyethylene plastic flashing panels for plumbing and electrical exterior protrusions.
Reflectix, Inc. will introduce the Reflectix® Radiant Barrier, a non-perforated radiant
barrier product for use in residential attic spaces.
Safety Maker will show its Safety Boot Guardrail System, which enables OSHA compliant
guardrails to be built quickly and efficiently.
Syngenta will showcase its new IMPASSE™ Termite System, a construction-grade,
termite-proof sheet with a specially formulated termiticide locked in between two outer
polymer layers.
United Gilsonite Laboratories will introduce its new ZAR ULTRA, a fast-drying, durable
protective coating for all interior wood surfaces.
Doors, Cabinetry and Windows
Amarr Garage Doors will show a line of custom wood doors in 10 basic models that offer
several options.
C. H. I. Overhead Doors will show off its all new, lightweight, long lasting, weather and
impact resistant Series 5530 Carriage House Collection of doors.
Double Visions will introduce two contemporary style screen products, the Insect Screen
Curtain, which features the design of a curtain with the functionality of a screen door,
and the Two-Flex Door, consisting of two flexible panels.
Fakro will introduce a new line of roof windows, skylights and attic ladders, along with a
unique new installation system.
Hy-Lite Products, Inc. will show its new Basement Hopper window, which has a seamless
frame that prevents leakage, rust and corrosion.
Kolbe & Kolbe Millwork Co., Inc. will introduce its Ultra Extruded Aluminum Clad Raised
Panel doors.
ODL will highlight its FinePoint™ Internal Muntins, its Integral Screen Systems, and a
selection of door glass and tubular skylights.
PGT Industries will exhibit its WinGuard impact-resistant windows and doors.
Simonton Windows will show its Simonton StormBreaker™ Plus line of impact-resistant
windows and patio doors for storm-prone coastal areas.
Wellborn Cabinet, Inc. will display its new line of door styles and finishes to meet the
ever-changing needs of home builders.
Weslock will be promoting its newly tooled and improved lock set product line, while
continuing to prove why it’s one of the best residential door lock sets on the market.
Wall and Floor Products
The Hardwood Council will demonstrate its new CD that contains key guidelines to help
builders and remodelers install hardwood flooring.
Crossville Porcelain Stone®/USA will show its GeoStone EcoCycle™ tile, made from
reclaimed, unfired raw materials.
Building Accessories

Baldwin Hardware Corporation will unveil its new European Country Style finishes and its
newest technology in lock security.
CALORiQUE Ltd. will display its Retrofit Headed Stair Treads with a snow sensor that
automatically turns on when the temperature drops below 38°F and it senses moisture.
Delta Faucet Company will introduce its Botanical Bath Collection, a line of coordinating
faucets, tub/showers and bath hardware featuring optional interchangeable accent pieces in
a variety of colors.
Dimplex will introduce OptiFlame™, a safe, economical and easy-to-install alternative to
gas and wood burning fireplaces.
Leviton Manufacturing Company will display its new Leviton SmartLock™ GFCI, the first GFCI
to meet the UL’s new listing requirements.
Perimeter Systems will enter the residential construction market with its Residential
Gutter and Cornice Systems that collect and deliver water from large roof areas.
Railing Dynamics, Inc. will show its new vinyl railing style with maintenance-free
structural porch posts and ADA-compliant handrails.
Royal Crown Limited will showcase its Deck Lok™, a vinyl deck and railing system designed
to make installation quicker and easier for the professional or do-it-yourselfer.
Samsung and Staron® combine to introduce a new line of sinks and bowls with new solid
surface colors.
SileStone® introduces seven new colors for its natural quartz surfaces.
Style Solutions Incorporated will introduce its new flexible moldings called Flexibles,
which are made from a new composite material featuring micro-encapsulated reinforcing
glass beads for strength and durability.
Tamarack Technologies, Inc. will introduce its top-of-the-line HV-Gold home cooling
system.
Tools and Equipment

Swan Secure Products will demonstrate its new thread designed Woodpecker Screws, which
eliminate the need to pre-drill.
Home Automation, Computing and Electronics

20-20 Technologies will feature its premier design program, 20-20 Design v.6.1, helping
designers create quickly and easily with full-color 3D rendering.
AirToolz will show its new software, AirWavz, designed to improve communication between
the superintendent and subcontractors.
Buildtopia will release its 10th version of its ERP software, featuring a complete
stand-alone version of its Sales and Marketing module.
Construction Imaging Systems Inc., the leading provider of document imaging and workflow
solutions designed for the construction industry, will highlight its leading products,
which include modules for electronic invoice routing, creation of job documents and
archiving payroll files.
Eaton Corporation Cutler-Hammer will display its structured wiring packages that allow
home builders and contractors a way to bring telephone, cable/satellite, and Internet
connections into one central location so homeowners can network their home.
RM Design Studio will showcase its new computer-generated rendering and animation software
specifically tailored for builders and developers to use in marketing.
TEC Specialty Products will show off its redesigned website, which offers a great
collection of information for do-it-yourselfers or professionals working in all types of
settings.
Upperspace Corporation will display its new DesignCAD 3D Max PLUS software, providing 2D
drafting and 3D modeling.
Lighting

LiteTouch Inc. will feature the Scenario Lighting Control, a stand-alone lighting control
system designed for any space.
VELUX, with its acquisition of Sun Tunnel Systems, will display its new line of flexible
tube light delivery systems.
Wasco Products, Inc. will showcase its skylights in 10 architectural colors, making it the
first major US manufacturer to provide color as a standard offering in the residential
market.
Miscellaneous

Genesis Homes will debut the Cottage part of the American Series, the only fully
constructed home on the show floor, at this year’s IBS.
H2RealTime will showcase its services and applications that combine data technology and
personal service, providing home builders with customer service opportunities like never
before.
Home Buyers Warranty Corporation will display its 2-10 HBW Asset Protection Program™, a
third-party insurance-backed structural warranty.
Nextel Communications, Inc. will show two new Motorola handsets that adhere to military
standards for durability and are designed to meet the needs of customers in industrial
sectors such as construction and public safety.
The Portland Cement Association invites attendees to see concrete’s advantages and
energy-efficient design techniques at the Las Vegas Habitat for Humanity Building, located
outside the main exhibit hall.
The Structural Insulated Panel Association will educate builders and developers in the
advantages of structural insulated panels by creating a 2,600 sq. ft. SIPA Village inside
the Convention Center.
Company Contact Information:

20-20 Technologies, Natalie Mountain, 514-332-4112
AirToolz, David Dean, 480-607-0019
Amarr Garage Doors, Keith Tolbert, 336-744-5100
Baldwin Hardware Corporation, Annette Cunningham, 212-684-1212, etc. 222
Buildtopia, J. Larry Galey, 301-998-3322
CALORiQUE Ltd., Ann Andrews, 800-922-9276
C. H. I. Overhead Doors, Tim Miller, 217-543-2135
Construction Imaging Systems Inc., Mike Melvin, 252-937-2426
Continental Cast Stone Manufacturing, Inc., Carma J. Phillips, 913-422-7575
Crossville Porcelain Stone®/USA, Gustafson Group PR, 212-724-4444
Cultured Stone®, Heidi Hall, 503-295-1922
Delta Faucets, Kathy Gerber, 212-697-2600
Dimplex, Paul Morgan, 800-668-6663, ext. 210
Double Visions, Jacqueline Wicks, 909-600-5890
Duo Vac, John Ritzcovam, 866-238-6822 ext. 11
Dutcher Group, Susan Berliner, 866-593-2400
Eaton Corporation Cutler-Hammer, Jeremy Stanforth, 412-394-6668
Eldorado Stone, Julie Smith-Taylor, 760-213-5686
E-MAXX Systems, Tammy Williams-Delor, 888-883-6299
EZ Stairs, Gordon Walker, 949-643-9261
Foster Products Corporation, Harry Certain, 800-231-9541
Genesis Homes, Rebecca Wicks, 415-591-4121
Georgia-Pacific, Charlotte Wood, 404-652-3709
H2RealTime, Vince Kudla, 813-925-1997
H-P Products, Amy Wesely, 800-822-8356
Hanson Roof Tile, Debbie Hughes, 909-350-4238
Hardwood Council, Sandra McVeigh, 412-373-9340
Home Buyers Warranty Corporation, Susan Scorly, 770-496-4970
Hy-Lite Products, Kathy Ziprik, 770-577-8255
Icebox, LLC, Adam Ganz, 206-625-0252, ext. 3030
Jacuzzi Bath, Charles Scott, 925-93-7070
KitchenAid®, Mary Lou Denny, 630-323-0555
Kolbe & Kolbe Millwork Co., Inc., Ann Mayer, 715-842-5666, ext. 654
Leviton Manufacturing Company, Pamela Winikoff, 718-281-6155
Liberty Safe, Ed Wright, 801-491-8422
LiteTouch Inc., Deanna Brown, 801-486-8500, ext. 137
Louisiana-Pacific Corp., Susan Jewell, 330-492-5500
MonierLifetile, Ahna Heller, 800-224-2024, ext. 1725
Nextel Communications, Inc., Cheryl Hawkins, 703-433-4276
ODL, Kathy Ziprik, 770-577-8255
Perimeter Systems, Lane Kaplan, 919-718-6506
PGT Industries, Lisa Herrmann, 941-486-0100
Portland Cement Association, Ryan Puckett, 847-972-9136
Quickflash Weatherproofing Products, Inc., Rodger Reeder, 714-596-3800
RM Design Studio, Richard Harper, 630-665-1413, ext. 103
Railing Dynamics, Inc., Joni DiEmma, 800-488-7245
Reflectix, Inc., Jan Thomas, 800-879-3645, ext. 139
Royal Crown Limited, Elizabeth Long, 260-489-3100, ext. 218
Safety Maker, Andrew Hilliard, 800-804-4741
Samsung Staron®, Shelby Heimbach, 206-628-7700
SileStone, Jennifer Dryburgh, 414-225-9535
Simonton Window, Kathy Ziprik, 770-577-8255
Structural Insulated Panel Association, Bill Wachtler, 253-858-7472
Style Solutions Incorporated, Kathy Ziprik, 770-577-8255
Syngenta, Karen Westcott, 302-425-2226
Swan Secure Products, Inc., Michael McFarland, 800-966-2801
Tamarack Technologies, Inc., Kate Raymer, 508-295-8103
TEC Speciality Products, Sandy Eich, 847-776-4368
United Gilsonite Laboratories, Michele Margotta Neary, 800-845-5227, ext. 133
Upperspace Corporation, Jody Wallace, 800-233-3223
VELUX, Keith Hobbs, 919-844-0064
Wasco Products, Inc., Mary MacLeod, 207-856-6255
Wellborn Cabinet, Inc., Kim Dunn, 256-354-7151
Weslock, Melissa Ambrister, 918-294-8179, ext 213
Whirlpool, Mary Lou Denny, 630-323-0555

Related Meetings:   The International Builders’ Show (IBS)
1/21/2003 - 1/24/2003
Las Vegas Convention Center
Las Vegas, NV

http://www.nahb.org/news_details.aspx?newsID=264

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/