Subject: [NEXTEL-1] GPS-Wireless Conference Touts Newest Markets and Technology

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 15:44:31 -0500

GPS-Wireless Conference Touts Newest Markets and Technology

    SAN FRANCISCO, Jan. 15 /PRNewswire/ -- More than 300 mobile information
professionals from the largest automobile manufacturers, wireless carriers,
mobile electronics vendors and computer companies will meet February 27-28 for
GPS-Wireless 2003 ( http://www.gps-wireless.com ) at the Marriott Hotel-San Francisco
Airport.
    This seventh annual conference, sponsored by Global Technology
Communications, Inc. (GTCI), features more than 40 speakers from Nextel
Communications, Verizon Wireless, Cingular Wireless, Rand McNally, Motorola,
Thales Navigation, CSI Wireless, PCS Microcell and many others.
    Overall, the mobile information technology market is hot -- particularly
for fleet management and security applications. The largest automotive
manufacturers, wireless carriers, global positioning system providers,
software companies are finding more ways to get information into a vehicle or
a mobile device such as a PDA -- whether that be traffic information,
location-based e-commerce, navigation and emergency services. Conservative
estimates place this worldwide market to be in the billions of dollars.  GPS-
Wireless 2003 allows industry executives the chance to find out where the
market is going and network with the major mobile information players.
    "Wireless carriers seem to be getting more and more into fleet management
and other business-to-business applications.  On the consumer side, GM OnStar
and ATX are offering new mobile information service to millions of vehicles,"
says Kevin Dennehy, GTCI president.  "GPS-Wireless offers fleet management
panels and other mobile information panels without the sales pitches."
    GPS-Wireless 2003 sponsors include Tele Atlas North America, Nextel,
Navigation Technologies, Synergy Systems and Telcontar.  GPS-Wireless 2003
also features more than 40 tabletop displays from many of the top vendors.
    Other conferences cost two-to-three times as much as GPS-Wireless 2003
 -- and offer fewer speakers and no networking opportunities. GPS-Wireless
2003 offers a keynote luncheon, networking coffee breaks, a hosted reception
and buffet luncheon with tabletops and a 300-page binder full of market
information. In addition, GPS-Wireless 2003 offers discounts for two or more
attendees from the same company and significant savings on lodging at the
Marriott Hotel-San Francisco Airport. To register or sponsor an event at GPS-
Wireless 2003, call 208-383-9075; email [email-masked]; or go to
http://www.gps-wireless.com .

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/01-15-2003/0001872384&EDATE=

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/