Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Wireless Design Online Newsletter

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2003 14:03:14 -0500

------------------------------------- 
FEATURED ARTICLES
-------------------------------------  
 
1) Hitachi begins to provide SH7300 Platform SDK as total solution of application software
development for next generation mobile phone systems incorporating SH-Mobile
2) HK to introduce radiation limits of mobile phones
3) Spectrum Signal Processing Announces Three flexComm Design Wins
 
---------------------------------------
 
1) Hitachi begins to provide SH7300 Platform SDK as total solution of application software
development for next generation mobile phone systems incorporating SH-Mobile
 
Tokyo, Dec 27, 2002 (M2 PRESSWIRE via COMTEX) -- Hitachi, Ltd. (TSE: 6501) today announced
the SH7300 Platform SDK(Software Development Kit), development solution encompassing both
hardware and software, that is for application software development of mobile phone
systems using the SH7300 which is the top model in the application processor SH-Mobile
series for next generation mobile phones. Providing...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/6036/793725
 
2) HK to introduce radiation limits of mobile phones
 
HONG KONG, Dec 31, 2002 (Xinhua via COMTEX) -- The Hong Kong Telecommunications Authority
(TA) Tuesday announced a scheme that will provide relevant information to consumers on
radio frequency (RF) radiation safety of hand-held mobile phones....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/6037/793725
 
3) Spectrum Signal Processing Announces Three flexComm Design Wins
 
BURNABY, BRITISH COLUMBIA, Dec 30, 2002 (CCNMatthews via COMTEX) -- Spectrum Signal
Processing Inc. (NASDAQ: SSPI / TSX: SSY), a leading provider of high performance wireless
signal processing and packet-voice solutions, today announced that it has secured three
wireless design wins...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/6038/793725

------------------------------------- 
FEATURED DOWNLOAD
-------------------------------------
 
The Wireless Design Online download library now features a new white paper, "A Statistical
Analysis of Temperature Dependent Time Domain Phase Jitter." This paper details a
collaborative testing effort between Corning Frequency Control and Honeywell Space Systems
to characterize the temperature dependent phase jitter of the MC061 series crystal
oscillator. Click on the link below to download the paper in pdf format. And be sure to
check out the download library's "Newly Added" section for tons of other new papers,
product spec sheets, and more.
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/6047/793725

------------------------------------- 
FEATURED PRODUCTS
-------------------------------------
  
1) WISMO Pac P3100 Series
2) RF Help Guides for OEMs
3) IE3D: MoM-Based EM Simulator 
4) Application Ready Platforms 
5) Twin NPN Transistors
6) Surface Mount Display
7) Ansoft Designer(TM)
8) Quadrature Combiner
9) Visual System Simulator(TM) 2002 
10) Rad Hard Prescaler
 
---------------------------------------
 
1) WISMO Pac P3100 Series
 
Features:
- Dual Band GSM module (EGSM900/1800 MHz or EGSM900/1900 MHz)
- Compliant with ETSI GSM Phase 2+ standard
- Class 4 (2W @ 900 MHz)
- Class 1 (1W @ 1800/1900 MHz)
- More...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/6039/793725
 
2) RF Help Guides for OEMs
 
AeroComm has published four new RF help guides for those involved with the selection,
purchase or design of wireless systems for OEM applications. The free literature offers
advice concerning equipment selection, standards, interoperability, approvals and more....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/6040/793725
 
3) IE3D: MoM-Based EM Simulator 
 
IE3D is a full-wave, method-of-moments based electromagnetic simulator solving the current
distribution on 3D and multilayer structures of general shape. It has been widely used in
the design of MMICs, RFICs, LTCC circuits, microwave/millimeter-wave circuits, IC
interconnects and packages, HTS circuits, patch antennas, wire antennas, and other
RF/wireless antennas....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/6041/793725
 
4) Application Ready Platforms 
 
The FUZION range of application ready platforms from I-Bus/Phoenix have been designed as
flexible building block platforms to address the present and future needs of converging
technologies in the global marketplace. FUZION comprises scalable, reliable, open
standards-based solutions designed to leverage our customers added value into the market
with unprecedented speed and efficiency, maximising ROI...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/827/793725
 
5) Twin NPN Transistors
 
UPA Series Twin Transistor devices have been released in a smaller, lower profile ?TC?
package. With a height of 0.55 mm these 6-pin packages have a footprint smaller than an
SOT-363, making them suitable for size-constrained applications like cell phones, PCS
handsets, PCMCIA cards, miniature VCOs, pagers, keyless entry transmitters, and other
portable wireless products....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/2778/793725
 
6) Surface Mount Display
 
Excel Technology provides an extensive selection of LED technology that includes white,
multi color, green, blue, yellow, orange, amber, red, yellow green, and water transparent
colors in various industry standard sizes including 0402, 0603, 0805, and 1206. High
Performance AllnGaP/ InGaN SMD LED lamps....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/6042/793725
 
7) Ansoft Designer(TM)
 
Three-in-One Capabilities Ansoft Designer is the only integrated software package with a
combination of electromagnetic solvers for quasi-static, planar, and (with HFSS) 3D
problem solving capabilities that are fully integrated with system- and circuit-level
design via solver-on-demand. Ansoft Designer's capabilities include modeling, simulation,
and automation....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/6043/793725
 
8) Quadrature Combiner
 
The Model 12A2ND-3N quadrature combiner can be used for either coherent or non-coherent
combining of two high power transmitters with minimum loss. The modular construction
allows cascading units to form 4-way and 8-way combiners. The units are bi-directional
allowing use as high power dividers....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/6044/793725
 
9) Visual System Simulator(TM) 2002 
 
Applied Wave Research's Visual System Simulator 2002 (VSS2002)
electronic-design-automation (EDA) tool allows engineers to predict and analyze RF chain
impairments in the presence of complex modulated signals. VSS2002 is complex envelope
system simulator that enables systems and RF/Analog engineers to easily design
communication systems that incorporate...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/6045/793725
 
10) Rad Hard Prescaler
 
The PE9301 is a space-qualified Prescaler (Divide By 2) integrated circuit. The product is
a high performance monolithic CMOS prescaler with a fixed divide ratio of two. Its
operating frequency range is 2.0 to 3.5 GHz, it is designed for low power operation
(11.5mA @ 3V across frequency), and operates from a single supply....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/6046/793725

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/