Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Sugrue Closing Chapter Today At FCC

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 18:12:36 -0500

Sugrue Closing Chapter Today At FCC 

By Mark Rockwell
January 31, 2003
news@2 direct

WASHINGTON

After four years that included some tumultuous developments in the wireless world, FCC
Wireless Bureau chief Tom Sugrue today marks his last day as a bureau employee.

Sugrue is leaving the commission to pursue other interests, probably not far from his
center of wireless experience. His replacement is John Muleta, current president and chief
executive at software developer Source 1. “I’ve loved the last four years,” Sugrue says.
“I’m not sure what I’m doing after I leave.”

Sugrue couldn’t begin looking for another job until he’s officially out his position in
order to avoid any conflicts of interest and from recusing himself from wireless issues
while at the commission. Outside FCC observers say Sugrue is scrupulous about ethical
issues like that. “He probably has no job in mind yet,” said one. 

But Sugrue has a general idea of where he wants to land. “I hope to stay in communications
law and policy,” he says. 

Sugrue counts a number of high-profile efforts among his successes: the FCC’s
groundbreaking Spectrum Policy Task Force Report, progress on 911 issues and reducing the
number of backlogged wireless filings.

http://www.wirelessweek.com/index.asp?layout=story&doc_id=112370&verticalID=34&vertical=Business+and+Finance&industry=

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/