Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel Billing Problems again.........

From: "jwoodunit6 <[email-masked]>" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2003 05:18:26 -0000

My Brother just went out and got Nextel Service last week, and here 
is his Open letter to the Nextel personal......
**********************************************************************
To whom it may concern,

First off I must say that I believe in the NEXTEL product. It is on 
the cutting edge as it brings together communications in a way cell 
phones will never match. I am so confident of the success of NEXTEL I 
have acquired a small amount of stock in my portfolio in recent years.

I have recently found myself wanting more from my current 
telecommunications package and decided to make the switch to NEXTEL. 
There has been nothing but trouble from the onset.

To start, my CFO confided in me that our company is thinking of 
closing all the accounts we have with NEXTEL which is composed of 
100+ units with monthly business of about $10,000 nationwide. For 
some reason we can not get NEXTEL to apply the credits to our 
multiple accounts correctly. As a company we have separate accounts 
for each of our 53 offices nationwide due to the requirements of 
NEXTEL which mandates a separate account number for every billing 
address. Even after hearing the horror stories of our accounting 
personnel spending whole days on the phone with NEXTEL billing 
persons trying to untangle the poor cash applications, I still 
originally felt he was not giving NEXTEL a fair chance to correct 
certain deficiencies in the billing cash application process.

Even armed with this information I went into my local NEXTEL dealer 
and slapped down my company credit card and purchased an i88 phone 
and began to open an account. My credit application was bounced 
around 3 times for various reasons. When I finally spoke with NEXTEL 
customer service and explained my company already has many current 
accounts and we don't need a credit check again, I just need a new 
billing address for a new phone. I gave them a couple current NEXTEL 
account numbers and stated I just wanted to open an account in the 
company name but I needed it billed to my attention at the 
Cincinnati, OH office. Finally, they activated the phone and I was 
off.

I went back to the office and logged onto the web to create a log-in 
account so I could activate some of the services. Well, I didn't know 
my account number since it is a new account and no invoice has even 
been received, I clicked on the customer service link and sent an 
email asking for someone to contact me and help me with my account 
number. After 6 days and no reply from the web feature I was 
disappointed but decided to call the 800 number and try again. 

Today I called customer service and was greeted very rapidly by 
Marvin who informed me he couldn't tell me anything about my account 
because I am not the person in charge of the account, which I found 
incredible. I setup the account, how could I not be in charge of my 
account. Believe it or not my account was not created separately like 
I requested when I purchased to phone; it was attached to our 
Baltimore offices account. I didn't understand, I was not the 
Baltimore accounts contact person when it was added to the Baltimore 
account so why can I not get it corrected, he said I would need the 
Baltimore contact person to call in to change anything. I explained 
to Marvin this was unacceptable, my phone charges must come to me, to 
be paid by my office, not Baltimore. After several tense minutes he 
finally said he put in a ticket to have a billing person contact me 
in 1 to 5 days. Let me repeat that . billing will contact me in 1 to 
5 days, that is the most inept response I have heard from a service 
industry business in my 20 years in the corporate world. At least Ma 
Bell and cable companies can narrow it down to morning or afternoon; 
NEXTEL can only get it down to the week, how lame can this company 
possibly be.

After pondering what had just transpired I decided to call back and 
talk to a supervisor. I just couldn't believe Marvin was giving me 
the facts; no company could be this inept. That thought soon vanished 
when I finally reached someone who claimed to be in charge. All she 
was capable of was saying yes sir, I understand sir, I will put in a 
ticket sir, and once again the answer was 1-5 business days and 
someone would contact me.

I am appalled at the invisible layer of customer service at NEXTEL 
and the apparent total lack of customer care, especially when it is a 
genuine concern regarding the correct billing and cash application to 
accounts.

I believe in giving people a chance and I am going to try to hang in 
there to see if this can be corrected by the first billing cycle, 
however if my account manages to get billed, even the first time, to 
the wrong address or organizational office, I will stand behind my 
CFO with both feet and recommend NEXTEL be banned from the 
Corporation and I will consider my one year contractual obligation to 
be null and void since this is not what I contracted for. I know my 
Baltimore Account Contact Person will be happy to advise NEXTEL how 
he did not authorize any phone to be placed on his account.

Regards,

Dave Atkerson
Remote Support Coordinator
Superior Carriers Inc.

**********************************************************************
  Thanks all........

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2003 05:46:13 -0500

Well you picked the perfect place to voice your concerns. In the past any customer who
berates Nextel on this group receives special attention and their problem is quickly
resolved.

With hundreds of Nextel employees  lurking here special attention is  given to those who
openly complain. I hope your problem is no different. If it goes unresolved for any period
of time, email me on da pvt and I will give you some e-mail addresses of the Nextel Execs
who will  resolve your issues.

[email-masked]

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

---

From: "meijin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 11:00:23 -0600

I'd be happy to try and help with the problem...can you have them contact me directly?

Michael
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: jwoodunit6 <[email-masked]> 
  To: [email-masked] 
  Sent: Monday, January 06, 2003 11:18 PM
  Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel Billing Problems again.........

  Regards,

  Dave Atkerson

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor 
              ADVERTISEMENT

  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.

---

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2003 12:31:49 -0500

Like I said I knew someone would step up.

Mike,

I don't give out compliments often but I think you are deserving.
You should be commended for your diligence in resolving problems for Nextel outside the scope
of your normal duties on various the message boards. I hope Nextel appreciates your efforts
and you are properly compensated.

It's  good to see someone who actually cares about a customer.  I hope when Nextel's  Sr.
Management reads this they will try to instil the same diligence and caring in other
employees.

Again Thx

Marcel-

-------- Original Message --------
From:
"meijin" <[email-masked]>
Subject:
Re: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel Billing Problems again.........
To:
<[email-masked]>

Michael

----- Original Message -----
From: jwoodunit6 <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Sent: Monday, January 06, 2003 11:18 PM
Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel Billing Problems again.........

-------- Original Message --------
   From: "meijin" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel Billing Problems again.........
     To: <[email-masked]>

I'd be happy to try and help with the problem...can you have them contact me directly? Michael

---

From: "Jeff Wood" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 17:35:35 -0500

How can he get a hold of you to resolve this ongoing problem? email? phone
Number?

Thanks

---

From: "meijin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 18:25:49 -0600

Please check your private email as I sent you my contact info.

Also, please ask him to do it after 10am Central.

Michael

---

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 15:25:02 -0500

> is his Open letter to the Nextel personal......

<BIG SNIP>

Michael Flood <[email-masked]> has resolved the previously described issues by
Jeff concerning a nextel account.

Again Hi-Fives to Mike.

* This has been an UNPAID announcement from the committee to appoint Michael Flood as V.P.
of  Nextel Customer Service

"How Business Should Be Done"
                                                        - Mike's Way