Subject: [NEXTEL-1] CTIA Escalating Offensive Against Satellite Terrestrial Frequencies

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 17:37:51 -0500

CTIA Escalating Offensive Against Satellite Terrestrial Frequencies
BY WIRELESS WEEK STAFF
JANUARY 23, 2003

CTIA President and CEO Tom Wheeler is voicing concern to the head of the FCC
over potential interference that might result if mobile satellite operators are
allowed to provider ancillary services to PCS handsets.

Wheeler called an 'urgent concern' the proposed Ancillary Terrestrial Component
being proposed by satellite providers, saying out of band emissions from
satellite/ATC transmitters would cause harmful interference to PCS handsets used
by millions of terrestrial subscribers.

'CMRS manufacturers and operators submit that these types of interference will
unquestionably result in PCS consumers experiencing an intolerable adverse
impact on customer service,' Wheeler said in a letter today to FCC Chairman
Michael Powell. CTIA proposes addressing the interference issue by imposing strict
out of band emission limits on such transmitters and ensuring adequate
frequency separation between MSS/ATC and PCS users.

http://www.wirelessweek.com/index.asp?layout=newsat2direct&starting=3&pubdate=01/23/03

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/