Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Communications

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2003 17:53:55 -0500

1) Traffic Radio Stations Popular In China
Link to Dow Jones story via Yahoo Singapore Finance:
http://sg.biz.yahoo.com/030102/72/365xg.html

2) Mobile Phones To Be Used As Commuter Passes, Prepaid Cards In Japan
Link to article in Mainichi Shimbun (Tokyo, Japan):
http://mdn.mainichi.co.jp/news/20030102p2a00m0fp013000c.html

3) 2003: The Year Of Reauthorization
Advisors draft transport proposal to create new ITS grant program.
Link to article in Inside ITS:
http://www.SAnewsletters.com/ITS/itsreport.asp

4) Maryland State Police Test First 'Smart' Patrol Car
Link to Associated Press story via WBAL-TV (Baltimore, Maryland):
http://www.thewbalchannel.com/news/1856235/detail.html

5) GPS Helps Drivers, Haunts Carjackers
Link to article in The Commercial Appeal (Memphis, Tennessee):
http://www.gomemphis.com/mca/local_news/article/0,1426,MCA_437_1645865,00.html

6) Arlington, Texas Wants To Add Traffic Cameras
Link to article in The Dallas Morning News (Dallas, Texas):
http://www.dallasnews.com/localnews/city/arlington/stories/010203dnarlcameras.99dce.html
(free registration required)

7) Airline Portal Takes Flight
America West system allows operational information from disparate systems to be
integrated.
Link to story in Computerworld:
http://www.computerworld.com/softwaretopics/software/apps/story/0,10801,76980,00.html

8) JAL Experiments With New Face, Eye Check-In Technology
Link to article in Mainichi Shimbun (Tokyo, Japan):
http://mdn.mainichi.co.jp/news/20030102p2a00m0dm018000c.html

9) Speed Cam Demerit Points Plan Revived In New Zealand
Link to article in The New Zealand Herald (Auckland, New Zealand):
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/storydisplay.cfm?storyID=3049752&thesection=news&thesubsection=general

10) State DOT Environmental Web Sites Help Save Time & Money
Link to article in Successes in Streamlining:
http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/environment/strmlng/jan03nl.htm

11) Police Use Technology To Catch A Car Thief
Device alerts police when "bait cars" are stolen and allows them to track cars and turn
off the engine.
Link to article in The Plain Dealer (Cleveland, Ohio):
http://www.cleveland.com/news/plaindealer/index.ssf?/base/news/104089869063220.xml

12) Sign-Up Begins For 'NEXPRESS Added Value' Service At Detroit-Windsor Tunnel
Express lanes and photo border ID cards could cut travel time through the tunnel in half.
Link to news release from the Detroit & Canada Tunnel Corp.:
http://www.newsalert.com/bin/story?StoryId=CpHphubWbrevusdaWn&FQ=v%25prn&Nav=na-search-&StoryTitle=PR%20Newswire&Title=PR%20Newswire

13) Bay Area Cop Croons Traffic Safety To Travelers Between California And Las Vegas -
Elvis Style
Link to news release from Chief Operator Teen Driver Program:
http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/030101/10001_1.html

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/