Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Re: Notice of Ex Parte Meeting, WT Docket No. 02-55, IB Docket No. 01-185, ET Docket No. 00-258

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 17:20:14 -0500

Nextel Communications, Inc.
2001 Edmund Halley Drive, Reston, VA 20191

January 23, 2003
Marlene H. Dortch, Esq.
Secretary
Federal Communications Commission
445 12 th Street, SW
Washington, DC 20554
Re: Notice of Ex Parte Meeting, WT Docket No. 02-55, IB Docket No. 01-185, ET Docket No.
00-258

Dear Ms. Dortch:

Pursuant to Section 1.206(b)(2) of the Commission™s Rules, this is to notify
you that on January 17, 2003, Lawrence R. Krevor, Leonard Cascioli, Robert
McNamara, Michael Ha, Tom Peters and myself, all of Nextel Communications,
Inc. (icNextell™) spoke by telephone with Julius Knapp, Deputy Chief of the FCC™s
Office of Engineering and Technology (icOETlo) and Ira Keltz, Deputy Chief of the
Policy and Rules Division of the OET.

FCC staff asked Nextel to respond to concerns expressed by PCS carriers
and CTIA, in IB Docket No. 01-185 and ET Docket No. 00-258, that existing PCS
carriers and/or Nextel (were Nextel to be assigned 1990-1995 as proposed in WT
Docket No. 02-55) would experience interference from adjacent Mobile Satellite
Services (irMSSls), should MSS licensees be authorized to offer Ancillary
Terrestrial Components (imATCln) in the adjacent MSS allocation.

Nextel indicated that the probability of significant interference to PCS customers or
prospective
Nextel customers is very low and that a 15-20 MHz iHguard bandlr between
MSS/ATC and PCS/Nextel is not necessary. While Nextel believes that this
conversation was an exempt presentation, pursuant to Section 1.1204(a)(10) of
the Commission™s Rules, Nextel is submitting this notification into the record in
the above-captioned proceedings in the interests of developing a more complete
record.?Pursuant to the Commission™s Rules, one copy of this notice is being filed
electronically with the Commission in each of the above-captioned dockets.
Should any questions arise in connection with this mater, please do not hesitate
to contact me at (703) 433-4212.

Respectfully submitted,

/s/ James B. Goldstein
James B. Goldstein
Senior Attorney Œ Government Affairs

cc: Julius Knapp
Ira Keltz

http://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/prod/ecfs/retrieve.cgi?native_or_pdf=pdf&id_document=65\13404229

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/