Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Wohn To Head New CTIA Division

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 19:18:14 -0500

Wohn To Head New CTIA Division

BY MARK ROCKWELL
JANUARY 30, 2003
NEWS@2 DIRECT

In preparation for mounting regulatory issues at the state level, CTIA has
created a new state affairs division within its government affairs branch and
named a former AT&T state regulatory heavyweight to lead the charge. Eva
Wohn, former vice president, state and regulatory affairs at AT&T Wireless, has
been named vice president of CTIA's state affairs division.

According to CTIA, the state affairs division will fall within the organization's
government affairs division, currently overseen by Steve Berry. The state group,
headed by Wohn, will deal with a range of issues being taken up at the state
level. 'Consumers and businesses cannot afford 50 different flavors of
unnecessary, costly and conflicting state wireless requirements,' CTIA says.
'Wohn will work with both industry groups as well as state government officials to
'encourage reasonable, cost effective solutions that address legitimate state
concerns.'

As states increasingly get involved in wireless issues, pressure built for CTIA to
get more involved. For years, industry executives argued that wireless is a
national business model and therefore shouldn't be impeded by individual state
efforts. However, CTIA President and CEO Tom Wheeler last year acknowledged
that mounting a campaign to deal with state issues would be a priority for him in
his final year with the organization.

In February 1999, Wohn was named among the 25 most influential women in
wireless by Wireless Week.
http://www.wirelessweek.com/index.asp?layout=story&doc_id=112284&verticalID=34&vertical=Business+and+Finance&industry=

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/