Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Re: Rumor

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 17:10:36 -0500

------- Original Message --------
From: "Russ Lehr <[email-masked]>" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Rumor

Has Flash been sold?  Yes

Dow Jones Business News
SPX Unit Buys American Tower Unit
Monday January 20, 8:15 am ET 
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (Dow Jones)--SPX Corp. said its dielectric business 
acquired American Tower Corp.'s (AMT) flash technology unit for an 
undisclosed amount. 
In a press release Monday, the industrial and electronic-products 
maker said Flash Technology, based in Franklin, Tenn., has annual 
revenue of about $25 million. Flash Technology makes and monitors 
aviation obstruction lighting systems servicing the communications, 
broadcast, airport, wind energy and hydropower markets. 
SPX earned $173 million, or $4.67 a share, including gains and 
special charges of $1.73 a share, in 2001. Excluding items, the 
company earned $6.40 a share. 
SPX officials couldn't immediately be reached to provide additional 
information about the purchase price and any possibly related gains 
or charges from the acquisition. 
-Maria P. Vallejo; Dow Jones Newswires; 201-938-5400 
*****
Press Release		
SPX's Dielectric Business Acquires Flash Technology
Monday January 20, 7:29 am ET 
CHARLOTTE, N.C., Jan. 20 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- SPX Corporation 
(NYSE: SPW) today announced that its Dielectric business has acquired 
Flash Technology from American Tower Corporation. Based in Franklin, 
Tennessee, Flash Technology has annual revenues of approximately $25 
million. 
Flash Technology is a leader in the design, assembly, monitoring and 
service of aviation obstruction lighting systems servicing the 
communications, broadcast, airport, wind energy and hydropower 
markets. These advance beacon systems are used on many towers 
containing Dielectric equipment and on various other types of 
structures over 200 feet high or within the flight path of an 
airport, which are regulated by the Federal Aviation Administration. 
Lewis M. Kling, President of SPX's Communication and Technology 
businesses said, "Flash and Dielectric are both market leaders in 
their respective fields and share a common customer base. Adding 
Flash's engineering expertise and monitoring services will enhance 
our service offering. Together we can offer a comprehensive, fully 
integrated turnkey system to our customers." 
Dielectric Communications is the nation's largest manufacturer of 
high power TV and FM broadcast antenna systems. Based in Raymond, 
Maine, Dielectric is a world leader in broadcast transmission systems 
and signal processing. 
SPX Corporation is a global provider of technical products and 
systems, industrial products and services, flow technology and 
service solutions. The Internet address for SPX Corporation's home 
page is www.spx.com.

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/