Subject: Re: [NEXTEL-1] Re: Lehman Report

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 08:43:00 EST

In a message dated 1/9/2003 2:57:35 AM Eastern Standard Time, 
[email-masked] writes:

> Curious Minds want to know............
> 
> Could you provide a little more "Meat" regarding  your comments below ( 
> "whatever that total
> would be") on P/S and Pvt wireless costs being absorbed by Nextel.
> 
> BTW- I was assured that the Editorial and Production department will be 
> reprimanded for the
> typo.

Nothing much more to say.  We said in the very beginning that we would not be 
part of any coalition with Nextel unless Nextel agreed to completely fund 
private wireless relocations necessary under whatever plan was developed.  We 
spent a lot of time with Nextel (and independently) in developing "worst case 
scenarios" for retuning companies, and those numbers are reflected in Exhibit 
A of the filing.  Thus, Nextel raising the "ante" to $850 was NOT "evidence" 
that the Plan was DOA, but rather a quantification of our original agreement 
with Nextel (and as discussed in previous filings and at the ITA open 
meeting), which was to fully fund the moves.  Personally, I thought that was 
pretty obvious to even a casual observer, but clearly others wish to place a 
"spin" for their own agendas.

Alan Tilles
Shulman, Rogers, Gandal, Pordy & Ecker, P.A.