Subject: [NEXTEL-1] what's hot

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 13:21:31 -0500

what's hot
Source: Journal Star - Peoria
Publication date: 2003-01-02
Arrival time: 2003-01-13

Kidman becoming a fashion icon

Nicole Kidman is at the top of Vogue's list of the best-dressed women of
2002, and the magazine's editor at large, Andre Leon Talley, predicts she'll
also be the one to watch in 2003, reports The Associated Press.

"Her style is innate. From the first moment I met Nicole Kidman in the late
'80s, she's always had great style going," Talley says.

Meanwhile, People magazine picked Kidman's pink Chanel Oscar gown as
one of the year's prettiest dresses.

During the upcoming red-carpet season, Kidman likely will share style icon
status with Renee Zellweger, who also loves fashion - and fashion loves her,
according to Talley.

"They'll be the barometers of style. Their choices are always correct. You're
going to have to watch everything these two ladies are wearing."

Talley says Kidman and Zellweger don't reserve their glamorous get-ups for
photo ops only. "They're girls who like to dress up."

Other Hollywood stars who made Vogue's list include Reese Witherspoon,
Natalie Portman, Sarah Jessica Parker, Jennifer Lopez and Gwyneth
Paltrow. From the fashion world, Annette de la Renta, Carolina Herrera and
models Alek Wek and Karen Elson were complimented on their 2002
wardrobes.

As for up-and-comers in 2003, keep your eye on Queen Latifah, who wore a
black bias-cut dress by Christian Dior with a plunging neckline and art deco
diamonds to the premiere of her movie "Chicago."

"She looked like all the other movie stars even though she's a plus size.
She's an inspiration to other women," Talley says.

Look out, Game Boy

Last year the coolest game you could play on most cell phones was Snake,
writes Time magazine. It consists of a long line of pixels trying to steer clear
of its own tail.

This year you can download Tony Hawk Pro Skater 4, Tiger Woods PGA
Tour, MotoGP and many more up-to-the-minute titles fresh from the arcades
and consoles, not to mention such classic fare as Tetris and Battleship.

To do this, you'll need a phone equipped with either Java (supported by
Nextel and Sprint) or Brew (used mostly on Verizon phones). Java has the
lead in sheer number of games, but Brew is catching up fast (a trio of "Lord
of the Rings" games, for example, released in December, is available
exclusively in Brew format).

Getting the games is easy. Just select from an onscreen catalog, choose
pay-bythe-month charges or a one-time fee - up to $12, depending on the
game - and the download begins.

A word of warning: You will be charged for air time while downloading the
game, but it will cost you nothing to play.

Hard-core video gamers won't be too impressed with the result, but they're
all carrying Game Boys, anyway. The rest of us are about to lose what little
spare time we had left.

Maybe we should have stuck with Snake.

Return to two-button suits

Fashion is full of ups and downs, and suits are no exception. The trend to
wear four or five buttons is retreating, and twobutton suits will be in style in
2003, predicts the National Association of Men's Sportswear Buyers.

The NAMSB, a membership organization of menswear retailers, recently
conducted its 13th annual Fashion Futures survey and found a general trend
toward more conservative clothes.

"Economic problems and the threat of war seem to be having a sobering
effect on American men, and life in the business world has become more
serious. Influences like this encourage them to reach for symbols of
strength and durability, and of course one of those symbols is the suit,"
says Jack Herschlag, executive director of the group.

Other predictions of popular fashions include patterned dress shirts and ties,
decorated denim, retro striped knits, the shirt- jacket and lightweight
sweaters.

http://cnniw.yellowbrix.com/pages/cnniw/Story.nsp?story_id=35846726&ID=cnniw&scategory=Business+and+Finance&

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/