Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Michelin Introduces Radio Frequency Tire Identification Technology & GM To Offer XM Satellite Radio On Most Vehicles

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 17:26:03 -0500

Michelin Introduces Radio Frequency Tire Identification Technology
Link to news release from Michelin North America:
http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/030114/chtu021_1.html

GM To Offer XM Satellite Radio On Most Vehicles
Link to story from Reuters:
http://asia.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=technologyNews&storyID=2043710
Link to news release from General Motors:
http://www.gm.com/cgi-bin/pr_display.pl?3354

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: "Paul J Zawada <[email-masked]>" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 16:42:12 -0000

> http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/030114/chtu021_1.html 

Is it just me, or does the privacy concerns related to having RFIDs 
embedded in your tires disturb anyone else on this list?  Sure, there 
are lots of benefits, but there could be a darker side to this 
technology as well...

--zawada