Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Subject: Nextel Nightmare

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 05:19:35 -0500

Posted By: Michael Griffin
Subject: Nextel Nightmare
[email-masked]

Complaint:
I'm currently attempting to become a Nextel customer. I'm constantly asking myself "why".
I called in to submit a new account on Monday (March 20th). Because my credit is not
stellar, they required a $200 deposit. Fine. The money was taken out of my account the
next day and I was promised a phone on Wednesday. My contract had expired with Sprint, I
needed a new phone, plus, I was heading to Las Vegas that weekend to participate in my
best friend's wedding. By Friday, I had not recieved my phone. I tried unsuccessfully to
reach someone on Thursday. They claimed I was not in their system. On Friday, I was told
that for some reason the order had not been processed. Needless to say, I did not receive
my phone in time. Also, they would not refund my money because they wouldn't admit they
had even taken it. So, I couldn't take my money somewhere else (AT&T perhaps) to get a
phone. It ruined my weekend. I was told to call again on Monday to work things out. Things
got worse. I was told the phone was on back order, I was told the "robots were not able to
activate it" and a bunch of other crap. So, I still don't have a phone.  No one at Nextel
has a direct line or voicemail. Hmmm. I'm wondering what they're going to do to keep me as
a customer; if, and that's a big "if" at this point, I ever get a phone. Isn't this
illegal conduct? I finally received a bank statement proving they had ripped me off. Now
it's taking 7-10 days to refund and submit yet another order. I'm tired and angry. I'm
feeling hopeless in the light of a major corporation that doesn't care.

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/