Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Re: SAAC Info

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 11:54:07 -0500

------- Original Message --------
From: [email-masked]
Subject: SAAC Info

Dexter, I enjoyed talking to you just now. I apologize for not getting
back with you earlier and letting you know what we're up to, but basically
it's been a little slow until just recently.

As I'd mentioned, we're now under contract to deliver two systems, which
we're calling "SAAC Alpha" units, to DynCorp. These will be 9-channel
simultaneous operation and contain 35W amplifiers (selected by band, e.g.,
150 MHz, 450 MHz, 850 MHz, and others TBD). Programmability/configurability
of the Alpha systems will be much greater than the demo system you saw in
Las Vegas. Initially conventional FM radios (incl. repeaters and privacy
tones) will be implemented, and shortly after will have trunking ala P-25
and LTR. Additional trunking capability will be forthcoming pending
arrangements with proprietary manufacturers. The initial Alpha system will
also have data capability up to around 20 kbps. The plan is to extend on
that rate - 100's of kbps to follow shortly - as well as such features as
encryption, remote control, etc.

I plan to build up a couple more systems for our own use, plus we have a
few
organizations that are near to writing purchase orders. Our delivery on the
first units will be around May.

I think you may have seen the attachments already, but I'm resending as
softcopy just to be sure. Please feel free to disseminate as necessary &/or
forward my contact info as well. (One of these days we'll get the
partech.com web site updated.)

I'll keep you informed as to our progress and hope we can get together to
show off the Alpha system this summer. Thanks and please feel free to call
me at any time if you have further questions or comments.

-------------------------------------------------------
David Benfey                    [email-masked]
Director, Advance Systems      phone: 315-339-0491 x234
PAR Government                        fax: 315-339-1192
314 South Jay Street             http://www.partech.com
Rome, NY 13440  (USA)

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/