Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Communications

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 16:53:32 -0500

1) 'Intelligent' Signs Get Mixed Reviews
Link to article in The Dallas Morning News (Dallas, Texas):
http://www.dallasnews.com/localnews/stories/010903dnmettrafficsigns.738d1.html  (free
registration required)

2) Freeway Management & Operations: State-Of-The-Practice Review - Final Draft Ready For
Review
Comments on white paper due by January 22.
Link to more information from the Federal Highway Administration:
http://ops.fhwa.dot.gov/Travel/traffic/state_of_practice.htm

3) Japan, Singapore Experiment With Cell Phones As Smart Cards
Link to article in Pacific Business News:
http://www.bizjournals.com/pacific/stories/2003/01/06/daily20.html

4) FAA Concedes To Inspector General Report, Creates New Plan For Integrated Terminal
Weather System
Link to story in Government Computer News:
http://www.gcn.com/vol1_no1/daily-updates/20818-1.html

5) Look This Way: ID Scans OK, Most Say
Link to story from CBS News:
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/01/08/tech/main535738.shtml

6) Computers Help Direct Traffic In Moncton
Link to story in Truck News:
http://www.trucknews.com/article.asp?id=14652

7) Florida DOT's SunGuide Disseminator - January Issue Online
Among included articles:
 -  Telecommunications Industry Roundtable Discussion
 -  Lee Roy Selmon Crosstown Expressway Reversible Express Lane ITS Project
 -  Florida's ITS Integration Guidebook
http://www.floridaits.com/Newsletters/2003/01-2003_Newsletter/01-2003_Newsletter.htm

8) Advances In Traffic Data Collection & Management
Link to white paper from the Federal Highway Administration:
http://www.itsdocs.fhwa.dot.gov//JPODOCS/REPTS_TE/13766.html

9) Gates Touts 'Smart' Gadgets
Wristwatches and refrigerator magnets could be programmed to receive traffic updates and
other information.
Link to story from MSNBC:
http://www.msnbc.com/news/856838.asp
Link to news release from Microsoft:
http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/2003/jan03/01-08CES2003OverallPR.asp
Link to additional details:
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/spot/default3.mspx

10) Microsoft Makes Life Work In The Car
Link to news release from Microsoft:
http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/2003/jan03/01-09MSLIfeinCarPR.asp

11) Security On The Rails
Link to story from WOKR-TV (Rochester, New York):
http://www.wokr13.tv/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=6D384AE3-F23C-4E18-BACD-12A5E4A2F563

12) Physics Problems Give Bus Passengers Something To Do Besides Stare At Scenery
Link to story in the Daily Hampshire Gazette (Northampton, Massachusetts):
http://www.gazettenet.com/01072003/news/3345.htm
Direct link to Thinking About Physics Web site:  http://www.amherst.edu/~physicsqanda/

13) New Homeland Security Tracking Device Combines GSM Cellular & Direct Satellite
Communications
Link to news release from RJI:
http://www.rji.cc/features/index.html

14) Tiger Telematics, Inc. Commences Trial With easyCar, UK Ltd. To Supply Units For New
'Unmanned Rental Car
Offering'
Telematics system will be used to remotely monitor, mobilize and immobilize easyCar rental
vehicles.
Link to news release from Tiger Telematics:
http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/030109/lath093_1.html

15) Smart And Secure Tradelanes Ships First 100 `Smart Containers' Across Pacific Ocean
With Real-Time Tracking &
Detection
Link to news release from Savi Technology:
http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/030109/90178_1.html

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/