Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Communications

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 18:41:29 -0500

1) For Future Subway Riders, Automation At The Station
Link to story in The New York Times (New York, New York):
http://www.nytimes.com/2003/01/31/nyregion/31TRAN.html  (free registration required)

2) Buses Move Up A Gear
Naming of bus stops designed to help passengers get around.
Link to story in the Bury Times (Bury, UK):
http://www.thisislancashire.co.uk/lancashire/archive/2003/01/30/BURYNEWS6ZM.html
Link to news release from the Greater Manchester Passenger Transport Authority:
http://www.gmpte.gov.uk/news.cfm?news_id=449168

3) New Illinois Tollway Director Plans To Expand I-Pass
Link to article in the Chicago Sun-Times (Chicago, Illinois):
http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/cst-nws-toll31.html

4) News Flash: I-95 Signs Alert Motorists With Warnings Of Big Crash
Link to story in the Sun-Sentinel (Fort Lauderdale, Florida):
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/broward/sfl-cmessage31jan31,0,2010075.story?coll=sfla-news-broward

5) Red Light Cameras Work, Sort Of
Link to article in the Leader-Post (Regina, Saskatchewan):
http://www.canada.com/search/story.aspx?id=5ebce9ed-25b6-4c60-b8a3-837141a4b839

6) ID System Makes Debut At Border Crossing
Link to story in the Buffalo News (Buffalo, New York):
http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20030131/1030568.asp

7) Border Security Agencies Seek Partnerships With Private Sector
Link to article from National Journal's Technology Daily:
http://www.govexec.com/dailyfed/0103/013103cdam2.htm

8) Genmar Lures Boat Buyers With Tech Security Blanket
System serves as a kind of aquatic equivalent of OnStar.
Link to Associated Press story via The Wichita Eagle (Wichita, Kansas):
http://www.kansas.com/mld/kansas/business/5076674.htm

9) Navigation Systems: High-Tech Gizmos Can Beat Delays
Link to story in the Detroit Free Press (Detroit, Michigan):
http://www.freep.com/money/tech/gps31_20030131.htm

10) You Are Here.  Now, Turn Right (And Hurry).
Link to article in The New York Times (New York, New York):
http://www.nytimes.com/2003/01/30/technology/circuits/30driv.html  (free registration
required)

11) GPS-Wireless 2003 - February 27-28 - San Francisco
Link to further information:
http://www.gps-wireless.com/

12) SASITS International Conference & Exhibition - June 9-11 - Sandton, South Africa
Link to further information from the South African Society for Intelligent Transport
Systems:
http://www.sasits.com/index.php?page_id=126&id=126

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/