Subject: [NEXTEL-1] American Capital of Culture

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 14:20:05 -0500

-------- Original Message --------
From: [email-masked]
Subject: American Capital of Culture

You may recall past posts to this list touting Richard Florida's list of 
Creative Cities.
http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/features/2001/0205.florida.html

Recently, the Organization of American Capital of Culture 
http://www.cac-acc.org/main_eng.html#
(similar to the European Capital of Culture)
http://europa.eu.int/comm/culture/eac/capeurcult_en.html
chose Austin as the 2004 American Capital of Culture
http://www.austin360.com/auto_docs/epaper/editions/saturday/metro_state_9.html

The relationship between culture and technopolies is an interesting topic 
worthy of additional study.  Having lived in Silicon Valley for many years 
before coming to Austin, TX, I recall some tension there between the high-tech 
community and the arts community due to a perceived lack of corporate financial 
support for the arts.

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/