Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Planet3 Wireless Creates Wi-School Program for U.S. High Schools

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2003 13:04:58 -0500

Planet3 Wireless Creates Wi-School Program for U.S. High Schools
Source: Business Wire
Publication date: 2003-01-07

ATLANTA--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jan. 7, 2003--

Official Certified Wireless Network Administrator (CWNA)

Curriculum is now Free to all U.S. High Schools and School Districts

Planet3 Wireless, Inc., the creators of the Certified Wireless Network
Professional(TM) (CWNP(TM)) Program, today announced the official launch
of the Wi-School(TM) program to provide the official CWNA Wireless LAN
Administration curriculum and courseware to all U.S. High Schools free of
charge.

Any U.S. High School can now become a Wi-School by registering at
www.cwnp.com. The only cost to a high school is that of the necessary
Wi-Fi(R) equipment, which can now be purchased for less than $500 at
most retail computer stores.

Kevin Sandlin, CEO and Co-Founder of Planet3 Wireless, Inc. and the
CWNP program, said: "The need for tomorrow's IT Professionals to begin
learning wireless LANs is crucial. Cisco and Microsoft have had their
respective curricula in high schools for years. Now those same high schools
who have been offering introductory and advanced computer networking
classes can add the industry-standard wireless LAN curriculum to their
offering - free."

Sandlin added that, during a pilot launch of the Wi-School program, schools
from 17 U.S. states have already enrolled. "We received a tremendous
response from a very small pilot audience, so we're very excited about the
official launch of this very unique offering."

U.S. High Schools can evaluate the CWNA curriculum and register easily at
the Wi-School web page at http://www.cwne.com/wi-school/. There are no
costs to the school to obtain the free license to the CWNA courseware. A
list of participating Wi-Schools is also posted at the site.

About Planet3 Wireless, Inc.

Planet3 Wireless is the creator of the Certified Wireless Network
Professional(TM) (CWNP(TM)) training and certification program. The CWNP
program is the IT industry's first and only vendor-neutral training and
certifications program for wireless networking. Details about the CWNP
program can be found at http://www.cwnp.com. Planet3 Wireless is a
privately held Georgia corporation with operations in Georgia and Colorado.

About The Wi-School Program

The Wi-School program is a free program offered through the Certified
Wireless Network Professional (CWNP) Program. The goal of Wi-School is
to educate the next generation of IT professionals in wireless networking.
The result of the achievement of this goal will be thousands of well-trained
high school students heading off to college, the military, or directly into the
IT work force with an advanced level of wireless LAN knowledge.

Publication date: 2003-01-07

http://cnniw.yellowbrix.com/pages/cnniw/Story.nsp?story_id=35695065&ID=cnniw&scategory=Telecommunications%3AWireless&

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: "Richard O'Shea" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 13:20:10 -0800 (PST)

Very Interesting

--- Marcel <[email-masked]> wrote:
> the Wi-School web page at
> http://www.cwne.com/wi-school/. There are no

__________________________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Mail Plus - Powerful. Affordable. Sign up now.
http://mailplus.yahoo.com