Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Todd Ellis, Operations Manager Telecommunications Division, Booth & Associates to Speak at IWCE

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 04:38:16 -0500

Todd Ellis, Operations Manager Telecommunications Division, Booth & Associates to Speak at
IWCE
on Wednesday, March 12  4:00pm-4:50pm

Transportation and Utilities Applications Utilities as SMRs

One of the more spectacular collapses of a radio communications
strategy for utility companies can be found in the ruins of the Securicor
Wireless and National Rural Telecommunications Cooperative alliance
that sought electric utilities to become SMRs on 220 MHz. Some
multimillion dollar systems were built, only to be abandoned. But
changes are coming, and utilities may yet find opportunity in this small
VHF band. Todd Ellis, Operations Manager Telecommunications Division, Booth & Associates
Todd Ellis has extensive experience in telecom consulting,
contracting, system design and project management both
domestically and internationally. He has written or contributed to
several articles appearing in Mobile Radio Technology and Cellular
and Mobile International magazines.

http://editorial1.industryclick.com/microsites/index.asp?srid=11376&pageid=5949&siteid=998&magazineid=1101&srtype=1

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: "Todd Ellis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 06:27:02 -0500

Yeah, well, we're going to change the discussion and get away from the
hype...but the hype should draw some attendance.  It should be a hot
session.  Go buy your dang ticket and come.  Any one that knows me
personally or has been to a presentation knows that they are seldom boring.
Note - UTC has asked to have someone on the panel.  There WAS no panel
scheduled, and now there is...the idea was to discuss the group's input, and
to be more of a facilitator - I'll bring in the subjects, YOU tell us what
you think.  I think that differs a bit from the past.  Subjects can include
how Nextel is influencing small and large utilities (and national utility
organizations?  You tell us), the issue of whether MPT-1327 is the
"utility-ready" specification, why utilities can't seem to pull together for
common comms problems, interoperation, and more.  Heck, this could be a
two-day meeting in itself - go buy a ticket!!!

Thanks Marcel.

Todd Ellis

  -----Original Message-----
  From: Marcel [mailto:[email-masked]]
  Sent: Wednesday, January 08, 2003 4:38 AM
  To: [email-masked]; WFHSG
  Subject: [Wireless Forum Homeland Security Group] Todd Ellis, Operations
Manager Telecommunications Division, Booth & Associates to Speak at IWCE

  Todd Ellis, Operations Manager Telecommunications Division, Booth &
Associates to Speak at
  IWCE
  on Wednesday, March 12  4:00pm-4:50pm

  VHF band. Todd Ellis, Operations Manager Telecommunications Division,
Booth & Associates

http://editorial1.industryclick.com/microsites/index.asp?srid=11376&pageid=5
949&siteid=998&magazineid=1101&srtype=1

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
              ADVERTISEMENT

               "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
         The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
    Focusing on Federal, State, and Local government wireless communication
          activities and the Private sectors that support them.
     Subscribe to WFHSG: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.