Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Re: Vienna Leads World Hotspot Ranking

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 14:30:16 -0500

-------- Original Message --------
From: Anthony Townsend <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Vienna Leads World Hotspot Ranking

On Wednesday, January 15, 2003, at 08:36 AM, Alistair Jeffs wrote:

>
> I'd read recently that Seoul led with 10,000 access points with only 
> 1,000 in Tokyo. What's your source, Anthony?
>

i think the Seoul figures have been exaggerated, though I'll see for 
myself in a few weeks when visiting Korea.

> Also, you talk about 'far fewer hotsports to reach a large segment of 
> the population' is this because of the urban density in those cities?
>
>
yes, plus they are a lot more transit-dependent, so there are a limited 
# of public places that most people pass through (the stations), making 
ideal visible hotspot locations

Anthony Townsend
Research Scientist
Taub Urban Research Center
New York University
[email-masked]

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/