Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Packet-Voice Subsystem for 3G Wireless Receives Award

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 01:46:12 -0500

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/Jan2003/4762.htm
--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

<script src="http://scripts.cgispy.com/randombanner/javarbanner.cgi?user=3Gtelecoms" language="JavaScript">
</script>

3G
HOME ssAdvertising
and Sponsorship ssFREE
Daily 3G Newsletter

ALL
TODAY'S PRESS RELEASES SEE BELOW

Packet-Voice
Subsystem for 3G Wireless Receives Award

23rd
January 2003

The
Spectrum 3G aXs.740 subsystem is shown on the left.

Iinternet
Telephony's Product of the Year Award has been awarded to the aXs.740
for its technological excellence and vision. The aXs.740 subsystem is
a standards-based modular solution that provides the highest call densities
and most comprehensive set of voice and media services for wireless
telephony infrastructure. The aXs.740 subsystem is ideal for high-capacity
transcoding in all-IP wireless architectures supported by 3GPP (Third
Generation Partnership Project) standards developments, and is compatible
with 3G network architectures including UMTS (Universal Mobile Telecommunications
Service). The aXs.740 subsystem, along with the entire family of aXs.600
and aXs.700 modules, supports the Open-aXs software environment to rapidly
and efficiently integrate next-generation voice services into carrier-class
infrastructure equipment.

"Spectrum's
aXs.740 subsystem is a clear leader in the packet-voice processing sector
of the IP telephony industry. We're proud to reward their hard work
and innovation with a Product of the Year Award for 2002," said
Rich Tehrani, president of TMC and group editor-in-chief of INTERNET
TELEPHONY.

"Spectrum's
aXs.740 product delivers exceptional new capabilities to the wireless
packet-voice market. Spectrum deserves to be honored with the Product
of the Year award due to their proven commitment to producing quality
products for the market," said Greg Galitzine, editorial director
of INTERNET TELEPHONY.

"The
INTERNET TELEPHONY Product of the Year Award is outstanding recognition
of our development efforts in packet-voice processing for wireless infrastructure
applications," stated Andy Talbot, Vice President of Spectrum's
Network Solutions Group. "It is further evidence of our success
in delivering a product that can easily be integrated into our customers'
systems to provide reliable, leading-density transcoding and enhanced
voice services."

Each
aXs.740 Packet-Voice Subsystem Features:

-- Scalable density of up to 672 channels (DS-3) of compressed voice-port
capacity

-- Field-hardened algorithms including 3G-AMR, GSM-FR/ EFR/AMR, EVRC,
and best-in-class G.168-2000 (128ms echo tail)

-- Enhanced voice services including 64-way conferencing and announcement
server support

-- TFO (Tandem Free Operation) support

-- Modular single-width PCI Mezzanine Card (PMC) - 2.9" x 5.9"
form factor

-- Open-aXs software for rapid application integration

-- Optimized channel configurations are available

-- Shipping today in volume

TODAY'S
PRESS RELEASES

First
Live 3G UMTS Call with Mobile Network and Telephone in Luxembourg

Luxembourg
has now also taken off into the UMTS age: Only six weeks after the mobile
provider P&T Luxembourg and the Siemens Information and Communication
Mobile Group (Siemens mobile) signed a UMTS master agreement, the first
live call was transmitted to Luxembourg live via UMTS.

Complete
Technology Suite for the Development of 3G Terminals

TTPCom
announced its complete 3G technology set enabling silicon vendors and
handset manufacturers to develop stand alone 3G or dual mode 3G/GSM devices
for launch in 2004.

TTPCom
and Matsushita Achieve Significant Milestone in 3GPP

TTPCom
and Matsushita Electric Industrial (MEI), have reached a significant milestone
in achieving functional first silicon of a 3GPP (3rd Generation Partnership
Project) transceiver design based on TTPCom technology.

3G
Networks To Enjoy Widespread Deployment

Despite
a 22% decline in spending in 2002, the demand for wireless and mobile
network infrastructure remains strong, driven by the continued interest
in mobile solutions among corporate users and consumers.

Top
Ranking 3G Player

Huawei
Technologies Co., Ltd. has become the top-ranking 3G company based on
its eight-year efforts, 3500 staffs and total investment of RMB 3 billion.

Fully
Loaded CDMA2000 Wireless Handset

reated
to combine business and pleasure, the VX4400 supports Get It Now from
Verizon Wireless, which lets consumers download entertainment, games and
business applications over the air anytime.

Packet-Voice
Subsystem for 3G Wireless Receives Award

Spectrum's
aXs.740 subsystem is a clear leader in the packet-voice processing sector
of the IP telephony industry. We're proud to reward their hard work and
innovation with a Product of the Year Award for 2002

3G
- The Need For Speed

As
GPRS slowly starts to find a foothold in the minds of mobile consumers,
one question seems to pop up again and again; Why bother with 3G at all
- there is hardly any difference!

3G
Home

Subscribe
To Newsletter

3G
Press Releases

3G
Phone Zone

3G
Fun Zone

3G
New Launches

3G
Events

3G
Reports

3G
Directory

Advertise

All
Material Subject to Copyright. All logos, graphics and trademarks are the
property of their respective owners.