Subject: [NEXTEL-1] GPS-Wireless 2003 Highlights Top Mobile Information Markets

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 14:11:00 -0500

GPS-Wireless 2003 Highlights Top Mobile Information Markets

SAN FRANCISCO, Jan. 29 /PRNewswire/ -- Telematics executives, wireless
carriers, automakers, GPS companies and others will converge Feb. 27-28, 2003,
for the GPS-Wireless 2003 conference.
The seventh annual conference, held at the San Francisco Airport Marriott
Hotel, features the top speakers in the industry who will discuss where the
market for telematics, fleet management, wireless location services, new
technology and homeland defense is going as it relates to mobile platforms
(cell phones, PDAs, in-vehicle navigation systems and others).
More than 40 speakers from such companies as Nextel Communications, Sprint
PCS, Verizon Wireless, Motorola, Navigation Technologies, Rand McNally, Tele
Atlas and many others.  "We are seeing more business-to-business applications
for fleet management this year.  In addition, many companies are consolidating
to offer consumer products for mobile information markets," said Kevin
Dennehy, GPS-Wireless News senior editor.  "All of the wireless carriers seem
to be interested in offering some sort of fleet application to enhance
revenues."
Sponsors of this major industry event include Tele Atlas, Telcontar,
Navigation Technologies, Synergy Systems, ALK Technologies, Geo Micro,
CellGuide, HGI Wireless, GPS World and others.  Nearly 40 exhibitors are
expected -- including Act Soft, Aeris.Net, Alexander Communications Group,
Cingular Wireless, Criticom International, CSI Wireless, Dice Wireless,
Mapopolis.com, Nextel Communications, Sprint PCS, TeleType GPS and Verizon
Wireless.
Other conferences cost two-to-three times as much as GPS-Wireless
2003 -- and offer fewer speakers and no networking opportunities.
GPS-Wireless 2003 offers two hosted luncheons, networking coffee breaks, a
two-and-a-half-hour hosted reception with tabletops and a 300-page binder full
of market information.  In addition, GPS-Wireless 2003 offers discounts for
two or more attendees from the same company and significant savings on lodging
at the Marriott Hotel, San Francisco Airport.
To register or exhibit at GPS-Wireless 2003, call 208-383-9075; email
[email-masked] ; or go to http://www.gps-wireless.com .  Conference
participants are encouraged to make room reservations early by calling the
Marriott directly at 800.228.9290 and asking for the special GPS-Wireless rate
of $129.
http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/01-29-2003/0001880956&EDATE=

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/