Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Ban Urged On Monitoring Of Rental Car Drivers

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 17:14:08 -0500

Ban Urged On Monitoring Of Rental Car Drivers
Link to story in the New Haven Register (New Haven, Connecticut):
http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=6856275&BRD=1281&PAG=461&dept_id=31007&rfi=6

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 17:50:51 -0500

Track Who? Not Me!

I can fix that ! Just use a Nextel phone while driving and it will knock out the GPS
receiver. :) :)

Actually, I know of some drivers at a national delivery company that use an after market
device to interfere with the GPS receivers on their delivery vehicles. They do this so
they can not be tracked during unauthorized breaks and stops.

One guy told me he brought it at a "Spy Shop" (which the Feds later raided -Duh!) in lower
manhattan a few years ago for $59.95. I opened one unit and hooked it to a HP.

ALL NOISE! is what I got

The unit not only knocked out the GPS receiver but almost any receiver around for 50 ft.
The unit had an RF output of about 150 mw with a 9v batt.

I still see them on the net from time to time. They generate more interference than the
cellphone flashing light displays.