Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Microsoft announces software, devices for CDMA Networks

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2003 13:04:03 -0500

1. Microsoft announces software, devices for CDMA networks
         Microsoft today          [Image]
         unveiled two new         Hitachi's new Pocket PC Phone Edition device,
         wireless handhelds               the Multimedia Communicator NC1
         designed for use on
         CDMA networks. Hitachi's Multimedia Communicator and Samsung's i700,
         both released today, are similar to existing Microsoft handhelds
         available for GSM networks. They are among the first devices to use the
         new CDMA version of Microsoft's Pocket PC Phone Edition software, a
         version of the company's Pocket PC OS that lets handhelds function as
         wireless handsets as well as PDAs. They will both be demonstrated
         Wednesday at CES in Las Vegas.

         The first device, the Samsung i700, is one of the first Pocket PC
         devices to sport a built-in camera. The i700 also sports wireless
         access to email, the Internet, and other functions.

         The other device, the Hitachi Multimedia Communicator NC1 Pocket PC
         (right), is Hitachi's first Pocket PC device. It also sports a built-in
         camera and a QWERTY keyboard and runs on a 400 MHz Xscale processor.

         The devices are designed for the North American market. No carrier has
         yet to adopt either of the devices. No word yet on pricing or when the
         devices will hit the market.

[Image][Image]