Subject: [mobile-ip] Mobility options #'s not contiguous

From: Brian Haley <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 08:10:49 -0500

I noticed that the mobility options in sections 6.2.x are not
contiguous.  When the Unique Identifier was removed (#2), it left a
hole.  From Section 13:

   Furthermore, each mobility message may contain mobility options as
   described in Section 6.2.  The current mobility options are defined
   in Sections 6.2.2 through 6.2.7, and include the following:

      0       Pad1

      1       PadN

      3       Alternate Care-of Address

      4       Nonce Indices

      5       Authorization Data

      6       Binding Refresh Advice

Shouldn't Alt-Coa be 2, etc ?

Jari responded to me offline with:

> It could be dangerous to move the numbers around if implementations
> are not fully in sync. How about moving BRA to 2, this seems like the
> least dangerous operation.

That's fine with me, just figured since we made all the other
numbers in the draft contiguous, we should fix this one too.

Btw, this is being tracked as issue #200.

-Brian