Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Wireless Design Online Newsletter

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 13:53:20 -0500

================================================================
Wireless Design Online Newsletter - http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com
Thursday, January 9, 2003
================================================================
 
----------------------------------------------------
FIND THE PRODUCTS YOU NEED
----------------------------------------------------
 
Are you searching for a particular product relevant to your industry?  Have you visited
Wireless Design Online's Buyers Guide yet?  A valuable resource, the Buyers Guide allows
you to conduct a search for the products or suppliers that you need. Check it out today
at:
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/820/793725 

------------------------------------- 
FEATURED ARTICLES
-------------------------------------  
 
1) Radio Frequency Investigation Ltd now recognised by Visa International for risk testing
for smart cards
2) RF Micro Devices Begins Shipments of 802.11a Wireless LAN Chipsets
3) Philips and Accton Merge Wireless Solutions Activities Into New Joint Venture
 
---------------------------------------
 
1) Radio Frequency Investigation Ltd now recognised by Visa International for risk testing
for smart cards
 
Visa International has recognized Radio Frequency Investigation (RFI) Ltd to offer risk
testing to Chip Card Manufacturers developing Visa smart cards. UK-based RFI is only the
second laboratory worldwide to achieve this and can now add Visa Smart Debit/Credit and
Visa GlobalPlatform card risk testing to its portfolio of smart card services. Visa
International requires risk testing be performed after...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/6846/793725
 
2) RF Micro Devices Begins Shipments of 802.11a Wireless LAN Chipsets
 
GREENSBORO, NORTH CAROLINA, Jan 7, 2003 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- RF Micro Devices, Inc. (Nasdaq:
RFMD), a leading provider of proprietary radio frequency integrated circuits (RFICs) for
wireless communications applications, today announced it has initiated its first shipments
of 802.11a wireless local area network (WLAN) chipsets....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/6847/793725
 
3) Philips and Accton Merge Wireless Solutions Activities Into New Joint Venture
 
AMSTERDAM, The Netherlands and HSINCHU, Taiwan, Jan 8, 2003 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Royal
Philips Electronics (AEX: PHI, NYSE: PHG) and Accton Technology of Taiwan (TAIEX: 2345),
today announced the signing of a letter of intent to merge their respective wireless
connectivity module activities into a new joint venture company....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/6848/793725

---------------------------------
FEATURED DOWNLOAD
---------------------------------
 
This week we're featuring a new product datasheet in the Wireless Design Online download
library. Mimix Broadband's three stage XB1001 GaAs MMIC power amplifier is supplied in a
surface mount leadless chip carrier compatible with high volume surface mount components.
This buffer amplifier has a typical small signal gain of 19.0 dB with a typical noise
figure of 3.5 dB across the band. Click on the link below to download the datasheet in pdf
format.
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/6855/793725

------------------------------------- 
FEATURED PRODUCTS
-------------------------------------
  
1) Miniature Digital Attenuators for 0.5-3 GHz
2) Series 70 Wireless Mini Modules
3) 600S Series Ultra-Low ESR Microwave Capacitors
4) Antenna Design Services
5) RF2475 Amplifier/Mixer
6) Motorola G18 GSM/GPRS OEM Module 
7) 2-26.5 GHz Power Dividers
8) Low-Cost 19.2 kbps Wireless Transceiver
9) Medium Power, Broadband Solid State RF Amplifier
10) 2.4GHz WLAN Dish Antenna
 
---------------------------------------
 
1) Miniature Digital Attenuators for 0.5-3 GHz
 
The AA105-86 is a 4 bit, single positive control GaAs IC FET digital attenuator. It
features high attenuation accuracy with 1 dB steps to 15 dB. The AA106-86 is a 5 bit,
single positive control GaAs IC FET digital attenuator offering high attenuation accuracy
with 0.5 dB steps to 15.5 dB....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/6849/793725
 
2) Series 70 Wireless Mini Modules
 
HM Radio Technology is proud to announce its first introduction into the North American
market. The 70 Series single channel wireless transmitter and receiver mini modules are
now available in FCC certified models. The 70TX1 transmitter has been approved for use in
FCC Rule Parts 22,74,90 and 95....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/3498/793725
 
3) 600S Series Ultra-Low ESR Microwave Capacitors
 
Features of the 600S Series Capacitors include the lowest ESR in class - typically 80
mOhms@ 1 GHz. The Highest working voltage in class - 250V. It comes in a Standard EIA
size: 0603 - NPO. It has high self resonance frequencies and is laser marked....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/6850/793725
 
4) Antenna Design Services
 
Our antenna design work is focused on microstrip antennas and parabolic dishes. Current
designs include products on 2.4 GHz, 5.8 GHz, X-Band, ISM and Cellular Bands. Applications
include WLAN, PCS/PCN, DECT, GPS, GSM and surveillance....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/3505/793725
 
5) RF2475 Amplifier/Mixer
 
RF2475 is a dual band low noise amplifier/mixer with frequency doubler and transmit local
oscillator (LO) outputs for TDMA handsets. The RF2475's frequency doubler reduces the
number of voltage controlled oscillators (VCOs) required in the phone, while the LO output
buffers eliminate the need for external drivers for the LO signal feeding the transmit
path...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/6851/793725
 
6) Motorola G18 GSM/GPRS OEM Module 
 
Motorola's G18 family of GSM/GPRS OEM modem modules are proven around the globe for
reliability and ease of integration. Tri-band operation (900/1800/1900 MHz) functionality
ensures your application will work anywhere in the world on the same module....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/6852/793725
 
7) 2-26.5 GHz Power Dividers
 
A complete line of 2, 4, 8, and 16 way power dividers covers 2 to 26.5 GHz frequency range
in multioctave bands. Model DO239 two way divider operates from 2 o 26.5 GHz. Unit
exhibits: insertion loss of <2.5 dB, isolation of 20 dB, and VSWR 1.6:1 Max....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/6853/793725
 
8) Low-Cost 19.2 kbps Wireless Transceiver
 
Zeus Transceivers enable OEMs and Systems Integrators to implement affordable wireless
solutions for commercial and industrial applications where data must be transmitted
reliably and securely, even in hard to reach locations. The Stand-alone Transceiver can be
plugged into a standard serial port (RS232 or RS485) on a wide variety of devices....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/6854/793725
 
9) Medium Power, Broadband Solid State RF Amplifier
 
Aethercomm P/N SSPA-0.8-4.5-5.0 was designed to be used as a laboratory amplifier for all
medium power testing needs from 800 MHz to 4.5 GHz. This SSPA can also be used in any
application where medium power and gain are required in a rugged environment. This class A
unit has an extremely broadband gain and power response....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/1989/793725
 
10) 2.4GHz WLAN Dish Antenna
 
This 2.4GHz WLAN Dish Antenna is intended for outdoor long-range directional connections
and is horizontal angle adjustable....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/1162/793725

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/