Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel Bows National Campaign

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2003 14:01:16 -0500

Nextel Bows National Campaign

BOSTON Nextel Communications has begun rolling out a new national campaign promising
customers they will "Get right through" via the DirectConnect walkie-talkie feauture of
Nextel cellular phones.

The work drops longtime spokesman Dennis Franz in favor of TV comedy stars Kristin Davis,
George Lopez, Eric McCormack and film and TV actor Rob Lowe, who each appear in separate
spots. The execution with Lowe debuted on Sunday's coverage of the NFL playoffs on CBS.
(The Franz ads were not tagged, nor does the new work use "Right through" as a tag, though
it is a major theme).

The work is from Interpublic's Mullen, Wenham, Mass., and the client spends upwards of
$150 million annually on ads. Nextel is in the process of evaluating its marketing through
New York-based consulancy Roth Associates, but as yet a full-scale agency review has not
been launched.

--- Kristen Rountree and Andrew McMains
Published: January 06, 2003
http://www.adweek.com/adweek/headlines/advertising_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1787647

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
DVD Rentals with No Late Fees - Try Netflix for FREE!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/.ZSp6B/dlOFAA/46VHAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/