Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Wireless Design Online Newsletter

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 13:43:15 -0500

================================================================
Wireless Design Online Newsletter - http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com
Tuesday, January 21, 2003
------------------------------------- 
FEATURED ARTICLES
-------------------------------------  
 
1) Skyworks Launches the World's First GSM/GPRS Radio in a Fully Integrated Dime-Sized
Package
2) IFR Announces New Low-Cost 26.5 GHz Spectrum Analyzer
3) SiGe Semiconductor Inks Deal with IBM for Rights to Cellular Power Amps
 
---------------------------------------
 
1) Skyworks Launches the World's First GSM/GPRS Radio in a Fully Integrated Dime-Sized
Package
 
WOBURN, Mass., Jan 21, 2003 -- Skyworks Solutions Inc. (Nasdaq:SWKS), the industry's
leading wireless semiconductor company focused on radio frequency (RF) and complete
cellular system solutions for mobile communications applications, today unveiled the
world's first complete handset radio system that fits into a single, dime-sized
package....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/7837/793725
 
2) IFR Announces New Low-Cost 26.5 GHz Spectrum Analyzer; 2395 Spectrum Analyzer Designed
for Installation and Maintenance of Microwave Links
 
WICHITA, Kan., Jan 20, 2003 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- IFR, an Aeroflex company (Nasdaq:ARXX),
today announced a new 26.5 GHz spectrum analyzer that increases the bandwidth of the
2394/2399A spectrum analyzer series, while maintaining the family's low-cost profile. It
is the latest in the series to provide exceptional performance at an exceptional price.
The 2395 26.5 GHz spectrum analyzer is designed...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/7838/793725
 
3) SiGe Semiconductor Inks Deal with IBM for Rights to Cellular Power Amps
 
BOSTON, MA and OTTAWA, Canada, Jan 20, 2003 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ -- SiGe Semiconductor
today announced that it has signed an agreement with IBM under which SiGe Semiconductor
will be granted assignments and licenses to intellectual property associated with IBM
power amplifier products....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/7839/793725
 
 ------------------------------------------------------------------------
PLAN AHEAD FOR KEY INDUSTRY EVENTS
------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Plan your upcoming schedule with the Wireless Design Online Events Calendar. This
comprehensive listing contains information on all the upcoming conferences, seminars and
trade shows, as well as online and offline training sessions in your industry. You can
browse the Events Calendar by month and even add your own events. Check it out today:
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/content/eventscalendar/home/event_home.asp

------------------------------------- 
FEATURED PRODUCTS
-------------------------------------
  
1) Solid State Switches & High Isolation Switches
2) LC Filters
3) WRD-650 Magic Tee 
4) 17.0-24.0 GHz GaAs MMIC Surface Mount Power Amplifier 
5) Q2 Series HF Inductors, Transformers, Tapped Coils
6) 9500 MHz Oscillator with 5 MHz Reference
7) Hi-Rel/Spaceflight Cable Assemblies
8) Directional Couplers
9) Cellular Foam
10) ICS-652 ADC Board 
 
---------------------------------------
 
1) Solid State Switches & High Isolation Switches
 
Trilithic's line of top quality RF switches are designed to meet both the common and the
uncommon signal routing challenges. Available in 2, 4, 8 and 16 way configurations. Please
contact us for custom needs....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/7840/793725
 
2) LC Filters
 
Reactel, Incorporated offers two types of LC filters. These units come either tubular at 1
1/4" diameter, or rectangular at 3/4" x 1" x 2 3/4". The LC filters are available in the
highpass, lowpass or bandpass designs and offer a frequency range of 10 kHz to 550 MHz....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/7841/793725
 
3) WRD-650 Magic Tee 
 
Microtech, Inc. has developed a WRD-650 Magic Tee that operates over the extended
frequency range of 6.0 to 18.0 GHz. Maximum VSWR is typically 1.60 dB with a collinear
isolation of 15 dB minimum and sum to delta isolation of 30 dB minimum....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/7842/793725
 
4) 17.0-24.0 GHz GaAs MMIC Surface Mount Power Amplifier 
 
Mimix Broadband's two stage XP1000 GaAs MMIC power amplifier is supplied in a surface
mount leadless chip carrier compatible with high volume surface mount components. This
power amplifier is optimized for linear operation with a typical third order intercept
point of +36.0 dBm. The device also achieves excellent input/output return loss and
includes a temperature compensated output power detector....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/7843/793725
 
5) Q2 Series HF Inductors, Transformers, Tapped Coils
 
Features:
- Magnetic and electrostatic shielding 
- Moisture sealed construction 
- Very low distributed capacitance (high Fo) 
- Designed to meet Mil-C-15305 C, Grade 1 
- More...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/7844/793725
 
6) 9500 MHz Oscillator with 5 MHz Reference
 
Elcom Technologies, Inc., has designed a new 9500 MHz oscillator with a 5 MHz reference,
packaged in an industry standard 2.25" x 2.25" x 0.62" housing. This product is ideal for
Fiber Optics, SATCOM, instrumentation and Military applications such as battlefield
management, avionics, radar systems etc....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/7845/793725
 
7) Hi-Rel/Spaceflight Cable Assemblies 
 
A family of semi-rigid microwave coaxial cables and assemblies is designed exclusively for
use in hi-rel and spaceflight applications. The semi-rigid cable assemblies are
manufactured to tight mechanical tolerances, and they maintain their electrical
performance, including phase stability, after bending and over temperature extremes....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/7846/793725
 
8) Directional Couplers
 
ATM manufactures a wide variety of Broadband Sampling, Directional Couplers. Models
offered include: 50-Watt SMA Models, 50-Watt Type N Models, Dual Directional Couplers, and
more...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/7847/793725
 
9) Cellular Foam
 
Advanced Materials is a leading manufacturer and fabricator of specialty foams, foils,
films and pressure sensitive adhesive components. We offer the following types of cellular
foam: x-linked polyolefins, polyurethanes, polyolefins, cast urethanes, and more...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/7848/793725
 
10) ICS-652 ADC Board 
 
The ICS-652 ADC board is for high-precision and high-speed data acquisition. Designed for
use in a wide range of data acquisition applications, including radar, communications,
nondestructive testing, ultrasound and high-energy experimental physics, the ICS-652 comes
with four different ?plug-in? tuner options....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/7849/793725

==========================================================
GENERATE LEADS
The VertMarkets Marketplace Manager is a self-service marketing tool that extends your
existing online marketing activities and lets you generate qualified sales leads for your
products.  To learn more please visit us at:  
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/content/vertpages/MarketplaceManager.asp?comingfrom=news_online_foot
 
==========================================================
FREE TRADE PUBLICATIONS 
Browse from the extensive list of trade publications by industry, title, key word or
geographic eligibility to find the titles that best match your skills and interests. All
of the magazines are absolutely free of charge, no hidden fees, no soft or trial offers,
and no obligation.   
http://verticalnet.tradepub.com/main/main.html
 
==========================================================
CONSULTING SERVICES
Find the best consultant for your project through Wireless Design Online Consulting
Services. With performance data on 1,800 pre-qualified firms, this easy to use service
ensures you'll get the right firm, every time. 
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/welcome/prosavvy
 
==========================================================
CAREER SERVICES
Wireless Design Online has partnered with Artemis HR to bring you targeted resume and job
search capabilities.  Visit today:
http://www.careermag.com

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/