Subject: [NEXTEL-1] FCC Docket 02-55: 800 Interference / Rebanding Panel Discussion

From: Jack Daniel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2003 16:08:17 -0800

NEWS RELEASE: January 3, 2002

FCC Docket 02-55: 800 Interference / Rebanding Panel Discussion
Scheduled.

A panel consisting of major drafters of the December 24, 2002 
'Supplemental Comments of the Consensus Parties" submission to the FCC
will be held in conjunction with the APCO Western Regional Conference in
Las Vegas on February 11, 2003.

The recommendations within this document will impact upon revisions of
channel allocations affecting every existing FCC Part 90 800 MHz 
licensee.

The FCC has released Public Notice DA 03-19 calling for comments to the
last Consensus group submission by February 3 and reply comments by
February 18, 2003.  This February 11th panel will give the attendees an
opportunity to hear and discuss the Consensus group recommendations as
well as the latest comments to the FCC before the reply deadline.

The panelists include these consensus group contributors;
Robert Gurss, representing APCO and other public safety entities.
Laura Smith, ITA president representing many private and industrial
licensees.
Alan Tilles, representing PCIA, various SMR and corporate licensees.
Robert Foosner, Senior VP, Nextel.
Plus a FCC representative to be named later.
Kevin Kearns, APCO Project 39 Chairman will moderate the panel.

The APCO Western Region Conference is the only non-profit event focused
on public safety communications being held in Las Vegas this spring.  

This conference and the FCC Panel discussion is open to everyone who
registers, not just APCO members and public safety professionals.  

The conference runs from Monday, February 10th through Wednesday
February 12th and includes approximately 40 hours of educational
sessions and technical training, 100 exhibitors and an expected
attendance of 1500. 

Additional APCO Western Region Conference information, registration
forms and registration fee information can be downloaded from   
http://www.nvapco.org.

The FCC Public Notice and instruction to download the Consensus Comments
may be downloaded (Word or Adobe document format)  from;
http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-03-19A1.doc 
http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-03-19A1.pdf

Disclaimer: This press release is based on information available at the
time of release and, although no changes are expected, the final program
is subject to change without notice or liability.  For more information,
address email requests to [email-masked].

---- 30 ------

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/