Subject: [mobile-ip] early version of draft 20

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 17:57:08 +0200

Hello,

Please find an early version of draft 20 in the below URLs. Its still
a bit "drafty" but contains the resolutions of issues marked with "20"
on the issue page. Issues 202, 201, 195, 194, 192, 189, and 184 are
still not closed. (This would be a great time to send that e-mail
that proposes the fix...)

   http://www.piuha.net/~jarkko/publications/mipv6/drafts/mobilev6.html
   http://www.piuha.net/~jarkko/publications/mipv6/drafts/mobilev6.txt
   http://www.piuha.net/~jarkko/publications/mipv6/MIPv6-Issues.html

New tools have been used in the production of this draft version, so
if you see production mistakes let me know; the table of contents for
instance has some problems. I might still produce the final version
using the old tools if there's big problems.

Jari

---

From: Kuntal Chowdhury <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 14:21:13 -0600

Hello Jari,
While reading the draft I got confused with the term Keygen Nonce with 
Keygen Token:

Section 6.1.5
"
                                       +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
                                        |       Home Nonce Index        |
        +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
        |                                                               |
        +                        Home Init Cookie                       +
        |                                                               |
        +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
        |                                                               |
        +                       Home Keygen Nonce                       +
        |                                                               |
        +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
        |                                                               |
        .                                                               .
        .                        Mobility options                       .
        .                                                               .
        |                                                               |
        +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

    Home Nonce Index This field will be echoed back by the mobile node to
       the correspondent node in a subsequent Binding Update.

    Home Init Cookie 64-bit field which contains the home init cookie.

    Home Keygen Nonce This field contains the 64 bit home keygen token
       used in the return routability procedure.
"

Comment: Should it be Home Keygen Token instead of Home Keygen Nonce?
The earlier section says that HoT contains the following:

"
*  Parameters:

          +  home init cookie

          +  home keygen token

          +  home nonce index
"
The same applies to section 6.1.6.

Regards,
Kuntal

---

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 22:37:33 +0200

> While reading the draft I got confused with the term Keygen Nonce with 

Right. Should have been keygen token. Fixed now, thanks.

Jari

---

From: "Ed Remmell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 17:52:29 -0700

Jari -

I scanned through this document, it is significantly cleaner than previous
drafts (thanks!). I found the following issues:

10.3.1 Primary Care-of Address Registration:
"
   o  If the bit is zero, the home agent MUST keep track of the lifetime
      of the resulting different bindings separately.  The home agent
      MUST remove a binding when the valid lifetime of the prefix
      associated with it expires."

A minor nit, but please clarify that this applies to the same bit that the
previous bullet item applies to, specifically "the Single Address Only (S)
bit field in the Binding Update"

Section 11.4.2 Sending Mobile Prefix Solicitations:
"It is RECOMMENDED that when the mobile node has multiple home
   prefixes and their valid lifetimes differ substantially, the mobile
   node should separate Binding Updates for each implied home address.
   Otherwise, a binding registered with Single Address Only (S) bit
   equal to zero may get a very short lifetime."

This is no longer true, per issue #179.

There are repeats in section 12 and section 13, for example:

"    MAX_NONCE_LIFE                  240 seconds
    MAX_NONCE_LIFE                  240 seconds"

Thanks.
- Ed Remmell
Elmic Systems, USA
http://www.elmic.com

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked]
> [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Jari Arkko
> Sent: Thursday, January 09, 2003 8:57 AM
> To: [email-masked]'
> Subject: [mobile-ip] early version of draft 20
>
>
> Hello,
>

---

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 14:33:54 +0200

Fixed, thanks!

The RECOMMENDED text has been deleted.

--Jari