Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Global Cities Dialogue

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 16:30:20 -0500

-------- Original Message --------
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Global Cities Dialogue

http://www.globalcitiesdialogue.org

The Global Cities Dialogue is a new initiative proposing an open framework for 
action for all cities interested in working together to realize the potential 
of an information society free from social exclusion and based on sustainable 
development. It builds on the premise that cities have a key role to play in 
the information society. They are the geographical, political, socio-economic 
and cultural entities where millions live, work and directly exercise their 
rights as citizens and consumers. They are close to grassroots processes and 
directly face a number of information-society issues, changes and opportunities 
from local democracy to more cost-effective services. 
-EU commissioner Mr. Erkki Liikanen. 

All cities wishing to contribute to the growth of an equal and sustainable 
Information Society are welcome. Membership in the Global Cities Dialogue is 
free of charge but requires a personal commitment by the Mayor or a High 
Political Representative, that is an expressly designated local government 
official.

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/