Subject: [mobile-ip] Standards Language on RR Token Reuse?

From: "James Kempf" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 15:43:15 -0800

I'm looking at the following text in draft 20:

   Given that the tokens are normally expected to be usable for
   MAX_TOKEN_LIFE seconds, the mobile node MAY use them beyond a single
   run of the return routability procedure until MAX_TOKEN_LIFE expires.
   After this the mobile node SHOULD NOT use the tokens.  A fast moving
   mobile node may reuse a recent home keygen token from a correspondent
                      ^^^
   node when moving to a new location, and just acquire a new care-of
   keygen token to show routability in the new location.

   While this does not save the number of round-trips due to the
   simultaneous processing of home and care-of return routability tests,
   there are fewer messages being exchanged, and a potentially long
   round-trip through the home agent is avoided.  Consequently, this
   optimization is often useful.  A mobile node that has multiple home
   addresses, may also use the same care-of keygen token for Binding
                    ^^^
   Updates concerning all of these addresses.

I'm curious whether the indicated instances of may should be MAY?

            jak