Subject: [mobile-ip] Question on D bit.

From: "Greg O'Shea" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 09:21:37 -0000

-  Finally, if the Duplicate Address Detection (D) bit is set in the
       Binding Update, this home agent MUST perform Duplicate Address
       Detection [13] on the mobile node's home link for the link-local
       address associated with the home address... [10.3.1]

Presumably that should say "...if the Duplicate Address Detection (D)
and Link Local Compatibility (L) bits are both set..." else I detect
inconsistency with other sections of text:

         "The Duplicate Address Detection (D) bit is set by the sending
         mobile node to request that the receiving node (the mobile
         node's home agent) perform Duplicate Address Detection [13]
         on the mobile node's home link for the home address..." [6.1.7]

   " -  L=0:  Defend the given address." [10.3.1]
   " -  L=1 and S=1:  Defend both the given non link-local unicast
(home)
       address and the derived link-local." [10.3.1]

---

From: Brian Haley <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 08:16:13 -0500

> Greg O'Shea wrote:
>
> Presumably that should say "…if the Duplicate Address Detection (D)

I think this is moot since the upcoming draft 20 does not have the D bit
(from the discussions I remember).

-Brian

---

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 16:29:35 +0200

> (from the discussions I remember).

Yes. D bit is gone.

Jari