Subject: [NEXTEL-1] General Dynamics awarded $100 Million Radio Contract

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 01:21:26 -0500

General Dynamics awarded $100 Million Radio Contract

SCOTTSDALE, Ariz.
January 14, 2003

General Dynamics Decision Systems, a business unit of General
Dynamics (NYSE: GD), has been awarded a foreign military sales
contract by the U.S. Army Communications Electronics Command
(CECOM) that creates a more direct buying route for international
customers to use in purchasing radios and secure wireless and
wireline equipment.  The Indefinite Delivery/Indefinite Quantity
(IDIQ) contract has a maximum potential value of $100 million.

"This contract streamlines the process for international customers
to procure our products and is another stepping stone to more
efficient acquisition," said Chris Brady, director of radio
products for General Dynamics Decision Systems.  "CECOM has
handled many previous FMS orders for General Dynamics products and
this IDIQ contract builds on that already strong relationship."

A comprehensive catalog of communications devices is available
through the contract, with all warranty and repair services,
including the following:

HOOK2 family of Combat Search and Rescue Radios

URC-200 Line-of-Sight radios for maritime, land/mobile and
tactical line-of-sight communications, as well as air traffic
control operations

CM Series Air Traffic Control Radios

TalkSECURE Wireline Terminals for portable, end-to-end security on
standard analog desktop phone or personal computer

TalkSECURE Wireless Phones that provide end-to-end encryption of
conversations transmitted over commercial Global System for Mobile
Communications (GSM) wireless networks

General Dynamics Decision Systems, based in Scottsdale, Ariz., is
a leader in products and systems for information assurance,
communication and situational awareness for defense and industrial
customers in the U.S. and abroad. In addition to the Scottsdale
Ariz. headquarters, General Dynamics Decision Systems has
facilities in Huntsville, Ala., Orlando, Fla. and Columbia, Md.,
as well as other locations close to customer centers of operation.

General Dynamics, headquartered in Falls Church, Virginia, employs
approximately 54,000 people worldwide and anticipates 2002
revenues of $14 billion. The company has leading market positions
in land and amphibious combat systems, mission-critical
information systems and technologies, shipbuilding and marine
systems, and business aviation.

http://www.generaldynamics.com/news/press_releases/2003/January%2014,%202003%20News%20Release.htm

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/