Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Motorola to Provide Corrections Management System to State of Mississippi Department of Corrections (DOC)

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 17:37:03 -0500

Motorola to Provide Corrections Management System to State of Mississippi Department of
Corrections (DOC)

New System to Streamline Offender Management Throughout the State

SCHAUMBURG, Ill., January 22, 2002— Motorola, Inc. (NYSE:MOT) today announced that the
Mississippi Department of Corrections has selected Motorola’s Offendertrak™ Corrections
Management System, integrated with AutoMon Corporation’s Caseload Explorer, to manage the
offender population throughout the state. Mississippi will be the second state in the
United States
to utilize Offendertrak technology, which is part of Motorola’s extensive portfolio of
integrated
communications and information solutions to address mission-critical public safety and
security
requirements worldwide.

The system, valued at $6.4 million, will be used by over 3,500 corrections officials
throughout the
state to manage the incarceration and supervision of approximately 21,000 inmates and
20,000
parolees and probationers. The Mississippi DOC houses its inmates in 3 state prisons, 4
private
prisons, 11 county regional facilities, 17 satellite facilities, 4 restitution centers and
operates over
60 statewide community corrections offices. With a population of over 2.8 million,
Mississippi
needed a scalable corrections management system that could handle the requirements of both

large prison facilities and smaller community corrections offices. The system may also be
extended to monitor and track inmates within the state’s network of county jails.

The Offendertrak Corrections Management System encompasses a suite of state-of-the art,
integrated applications that automate operational and administrative functions of today’s
correctional facility. AutoMon’s Caseload Explorer, a comprehensive community supervision
case
management product and market leading kiosk technology, will be fully integrated with the
Offendertrak system. The system will provide a single, centralized database of offender
information, activities and operations beginning with the pretrial assessments through
incarceration or probation, release and parole as appropriate.

“Offendertrak is helping the state of Mississippi to effectively and efficiently manage
our offender
population,” said Audrey McAfee, Information Technology Director for the Mississippi
Department
of Corrections. “Our new system will help corrections officials throughout the state
manage the
large amount of offender data that they need to access on a daily basis. Motorola’s
extensive
public safety experience and Offendertrak’s leading edge functionality are already having
a
positive effect on our operations. The breadth of integrated public safety products and
commitment to criminal justice specifically were important considerations in our decision
to
choose Offendertrak as our long term solution.”

The system is being installed in two phases, of which the first phase will be installed
and
operational by Spring 2003. The second and final phase is scheduled for completion by Fall
2003.

“The State of Mississippi DOC project represents yet another example of Motorola’s ongoing

commitment to provide comprehensive, reliable software solutions to the public safety
marketplace,” said Darrin Reilly, Motorola Communications and Electronics, Inc. Vice
President
and General Manager Biometrics and Criminal Management Operations Center.

About Motorola's Safety and Security Solutions
Motorola is a leading provider of integrated communications and information
solutions with 65 years of experience in meeting the mission-critical requirements of
public
safety, public service, government and enterprise customers worldwide. The company's
extensive
public safety and security portfolio includes: interoperable two-way radio communications
solutions with encrypted security capabilities; command and control equipment and software

applications, including computer-aided dispatch, 9-1-1 and 3-1-1 systems, and automated
records
management systems; identification and tracking solutions, including palm/fingerprint and
photo-imaging systems, as well as comprehensive information management capabilities for
criminal justice and civil needs; and physical security and monitoring solutions,
including remote
monitoring and diagnostics.

About Motorola
Motorola, Inc. (NYSE:MOT) is a global leader in providing integrated
communications and embedded electronic solutions. Sales in 2001
were $30 billion. For more information, visit www.motorola.com.

# # #

Media Contact:
Cameron Triebwasser
Motorola
(714) 238-2058
[email-masked]

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/