Subject: [NEXTEL-1] American Airlines Center Goes Wireless with Nextel

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 17:51:55 -0500

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/030123/232301_1.html

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

Search - Finance Home - Yahoo! - Help

Welcome,
marcel_rf1
[Sign
Out]

Money Manager
-
My Yahoo! View
-
Customize

Financial
News

Enter
symbol(s) BasicDayWatchPerformanceReal-time MktDetailedChartResearchOptionsOrder
Book
Symbol Lookup

Press Release

Source:
Nextel Communications, Inc.

American Airlines Center Goes Wireless with Nextel
Thursday January 23, 10:31 am ET

Stars, Mavs Team Up on Largest All-Digital Network

DALLAS & RESTON, Va.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jan. 23, 2003--Officials of
the American Airlines Center and Nextel Communications Inc. (NASDAQ: NXTL - News) announced today that Nextel has been selected as the official
wireless-communications provider for American Airlines Center and
Dallas' two major sports teams, the National Hockey League (NHL) Stars
and National Basketball Association (NBA) Mavericks.

The arrangement consists of a five-year agreement, official and
exclusive status, premier external and internal facility signage
locations and premium real estate features to showcase Nextel's
wireless phones, services and technologies.

The relationship also provides product integration with the teams'
combined fan base by showcasing Nextel Direct Connect®, the powerful
long-range digital walkie-talkie feature. In addition, Nextel's
wireless phones and services will enable the facility's operations
staff to communicate with one another during all of the American
Airlines Center's 200+ annual events.

"This is yet another first for American Airlines Center - one that
joins our sports complex with Nextel's instantaneous, state-of-the-art
communications around the globe," said Curtis Partain, vice president
of corporate sales for the American Airlines Center. "It will enable
many business executives from around the country who join more than
20,000 other fans attending each Stars and Mavs game in the American
Airlines Center to remain in ready contact with home and office,"
Partain added.

"Nextel is thrilled to begin this partnership with the American
Airlines Center, Stars and Mavericks," said Mark Garzone, senior
director of regional marketing for Nextel. "This exclusive partnership
brings us closer to our customers, gives us great visibility to
develop new awareness for our wireless services, and links us with
three true icons of North Texas."

About Nextel Communications

Nextel Communications, a Fortune 300 company based in Reston, Va.,
is a leading provider of fully integrated wireless communications
services and has built the largest guaranteed all-digital wireless
network in the country covering thousands of communities across the
United States.

Nextel and Nextel Partners, Inc., currently serve 197 of the top
200 U.S. markets. Through recent market launches, Nextel and Nextel
Partners service today is available in areas of the U.S. where
approximately 240 million people live or work. For more information
about Nextel, visit www.nextel.com.

About American Airlines Center:

Home to the NHL's Dallas Stars and the NBA's Dallas Mavericks, the
American Airlines Center offers the best amenities and technology
available for sports and entertainment.

Developed by Hillwood and designed by the architectural firm David
M. Schwarz Architectural Services, who also designed the Ballpark in
Arlington, American Airlines Center is a grand complex with sweeping
vistas, striking size and inviting passages. Features include five
concourses, 142 luxury suites and room for 20,000 fans.

American Airlines Center anchors the mile-long, 72-acre Victory
development that will house up to 8 million square feet of
entertainment, shopping, businesses and homes. For more information,
visit www.americanairlinescenter.com

Contact:

Nextel Communications, Inc., Reston
John Duty, 972/705-8385
or
American Airlines Center, Dallas
Rick Ericson, 214/706-6000

Source:
Nextel Communications, Inc.
Email this story
-
Set
a News
Alert
ADVERTISEMENT

Special Offers

·

AT&T Wireless. Get a FREE Nokia 3360 and plans from $19.99!!

·

$7.77 Web Hosting + 2 Months FREE!

·

Hide Your Tracks Download internetwasher.com only $79.95!

·

Sign up now and get 4 Free weeks of The Wall Street Journal

·

Make Your PC Faster in Just Five Minutes!

·

Find Old Friends at Classmates.com

·

#1 site for Credit: www.eCreditCards.com (U.S. Only)

·

See your credit improve online 24/7 with ClearCredit!

·

Web hosting. Best quality, 24/7 toll free support. Lowest prices.

·

Find old friends with Classmates.com!

Related
Quote

NXTL

13.37

+0.13

News

View Detailed Quote
Delayed 20 mins
Quote data provided by
Reuters

Related News Stories

·

[external] Wireless Gaming: Finally No Fantasy - at BusinessWeek Online (2:55 pm)

·

Zingy, Nextel, Motorola in ring-tone deal - Reuters (12:03 pm)

·

Zingy Powers Polyphonic Ringtones for Nextel Wireless Phones from Motorola - PR Newswire (11:01 am)

·

Roto-Rooter Goes Wireless - Announces Initiative to Equip Service Technicians And Dispatchers With Mobile Productivity Tool - PR Newswire (Wed Jan 22)

More...

·

By
industry:
Sports, Telecom

Top Stories

·

Stocks Rise, Snap 5-Session Losing Streak - Reuters (4:29 pm)

·

AT&T, BellSouth Disappoint; Telecoms Drop - Reuters (4:29 pm)

·

McDonald's Posts First Quarterly Loss - Reuters (4:56 pm)

·

UnitedHealth Profit Up on Higher Premiums - Reuters (5:33 pm)

More...

·

Most-emailed
articles

·

Most-viewed
articles

Finance Spotlight

·

MarketTracker
Live streaming quotes for $9.95/mo

·

Credit Reports
Find out your credit score instantly

Copyright © 2003 Yahoo! Inc. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy - Terms of Service
Copyright
©
2003 Business Wire. All rights reserved. All
the news releases provided by Business Wire are copyrighted.
Any forms of
copying other than an individual user's personal reference
without express
written permission is prohibited. Further distribution
of these materials
by posting, archiving in a public web site or database,
or redistribution
in a computer network is strictly forbidden.