Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Webcast advisory: Next Generation Wireless Applications

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 13:18:26 -0500

Webcast:
Next Generation Wireless Applications:
Uncovering the Drivers Behind Development, Deployment, and Usage
 
Sponsored by:
Wireless Week and Management consultants PRTM
 
Schedule:
Tuesday, January 14, 2003, Noon, Eastern / 9 a.m. Pacific
 
Register Online Now: http://email.wirelessweek.com/cgi-bin4/flo?y=eKLJ0C1sh70B4I0BogC0Ae
 
----------------------------------------------------------------

According to the recent PRTM/Wireless Week Next Generation Wireless
Applications survey, 40% of participants indicate that wireless
application revenue will be more than half of their total business
revenue in the next 12 months. Survey results also report that 60% of
participants see integration as their most critical development
challenge.

How will players in the wireless value chain drive revenue over the
next 12 months? How will they overcome integration and other
development challenges? This webcast, co-sponsored by PRTM and
Wireless Week, will address findings from the Next Generation Wireless
Applications Survey. The webcast will focus on pressing issues,
including what factors are driving customer adoption and how companies
will need to be agile to cater to increasingly complex customer needs.

What Will This Webcast Address?

All players in the value chain will need to determine the most
effective business models and approaches for the development,
deployment, and usage of next generation wireless applications. This
webcast will help providers better understand the factors behind the
successful adoption of next generation wireless applications. The
webcast will uncover the current and emerging practices of companies
throughout the value chain and examine critical areas such as:

* Segmentation approaches for companies in selling wireless
applications
* Market segments with the greatest adoption rates
* The most challenging phases of application development
* Impacts on adoption of next generation wireless applications
* Core technologies enabling wireless applications
* The biggest hurdles to deployment

Who Should Attend?

Content providers
Applications developers
Applications service providers
Wireless network operators
MVNOs
Terminal/handset providers
Wireless infrastructure manufacturers
Companies using or planning to use wireless applications

Lead Presenter

Dr. Anand Iyer, a Director at management consultants PRTM, leads the
firm's Wireless Solutions Practice. He focuses on helping companies
take advantage of the convergence of the Internet and emerging
wireless technologies with innovative business models. He has over 14
years of consulting and industry experience working with companies in
the areas of business strategy development, network engineering and
economic modeling, service development, and value chain analysis. Dr.
Iyer also has significant technical expertise in the areas of optical
data processing, image pattern recognition, wireless communications,
and telecommunications hardware design. Dr. Iyer holds a Ph.D and M.S.
in electrical and computer engineering and an MBA from Carnegie Mellon
University.

We hope you enjoy the webcast.

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/