Subject: [NEXTEL-1] CIF

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 00:52:48 -0500

http://www.nena.org/Events/CIF/CIF.htm

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

Home

First Annual

9-1-1 Goes to Washington

Critical Issues Forum

February 23-25, 2003

Hotel Washington

Washington, DC

Download CIF
Brochure

(PDF 334KB)

Join us for the first annual 9-1-1
Goes to Washington forum and see how our government is playing a larger
role in 9-1-1.  A three day CIF, this special NENA program features
workshops and events highlighting the importance of 9-1-1 in regulatory,
agency and legislative activities in Washington and at home.
Through presentations and discussions, you will learn first hand how the
federal, state and local landscapes affect your PSAP and community.
The program will start with an optional pre-conference course on Sunday
followed by a day of interaction and idea exchange on topics such as:
homeland security, federal funding, allies of 9-1-1, citizen response,
understanding Congress and the FCC.

Invited Washington leaders include:

The Federal Communications
Commission (FCC)

Department of Justice

Department of Commerce

Department of Agriculture

Department of Transportation

FEMA

Office of Management & Budget

Homeland Security

The White House

National Telecommunications and
Information Administration (NTIA)

Making the voice of 9-1-1 heard, we
are encouraging CIF participants to stay through a second day to visit and
educate Congressional leaders and their staffs about 9-1-1 issues and
concerns.  Congregating on Capitol Hill, NENA’s leadership team will
assist in making your voice and PSAP heard in Washington.

Forum brochures will be in the mail soon!

NENA hosts several Critical Issues Forums each year to
inform and educate industry professionals about important national
issues that challenge 9-1-1.  While CIF topics vary, the forums are
usually attended by individuals from both the public and private sectors
of the industry.  Many CIFs include in-depth discussion about these
important issues.

Please check back or call NENA
Headquarters for more information about upcoming NENA CIFs.

Email
the Webmaster

Updated:
01/06/2003 11:39:13 AM -0500