Subject: [NEXTEL-1] WIRELESS TELECOMMUNICATIONS BUREAU SEEKS COMMENT ON “SUPPLEMENTAL COMMENTS

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2003 14:24:05 -0500

DA 03-19
Released:  January 3, 2003

WIRELESS TELECOMMUNICATIONS BUREAU SEEKS COMMENT ON “SUPPLEMENTAL COMMENTS OF THE
CONSENSUS PARTIES” FILED IN THE 800 MHZ PUBLIC SAFETY INTERFERENCE PROCEEDING  - WT DOCKET
NO. 02-55

Comment Date February 3, 2003
Reply Comment Date February 18, 2003

 On December 24, 2002, a group of sixteen parties  filed “Supplemental Comments of the
Consensus Parties”   in WT Docket 02-55, Improving Public Safety Communications in the 800
MHz Band – Consolidating the 900 MHz Industrial/Land Transportation and Business Pool
Channels.   In these comments, the parties provide additional details concerning the
“Consensus Plan” for addressing interference issues in the 800 MHz band.  In order to
develop a full and complete record, the Wireless Telecommunications Bureau issues this
public notice seeking comment on the Supplemental Comments of the Consensus Parties
(Supplemental Comments).  The Commission will accept comments on the Supplemental Comments
on or before February 3, 2003; and reply comments on or before February 18, 2003.

 The Supplemental Comments primarily address four issues: (1) funding for the Consensus
Plan; (2) procedures and processes for relocating 800 MHz incumbents; (3) post-realignment
interference protection standards; and (4) border area realignment plans.

Interested parties may view the “Supplemental Comments of the Consensus Parties” on the
Commission’s Electronic Comment Filing System (ECFS) using the following steps:  (1)
access ECFS at http://www.fcc.gov/e-file/ecfs.html.  (2) In the introductory screen, click
on “Search for Filed Comments.”  (3) In the “Proceeding” box, enter “02-55.”  (4) In the
“Filed on Behalf of” box, enter “Consensus Parties.”  (5) In the “Date Submitted” box,
enter “12/24/2002.”  In addition, the Supplemental Comments of the Consensus Parties will
be available for inspection and duplication during regular business hours in the FCC
Reference Information Center (RIC) of the Consumer and Governmental Affairs Bureau,
Federal Communications Commission, 445 12th Street, S.W., Room CY-A257, Washington, D.C.
20554.  Copies of the Supplemental Comments of the Consensus Parties also may be purchased
from the Commission’s duplicating contractor, Qualex International, Portals II, 445 12th
Street, S.W., Room CY-B402, Washington, D.C. 20554, (202) 863-2893, facsimile (202)
863-2898, or via e-mail [email-masked].  For further information regarding the public
reference file for this Public Notice, contact Maria Ringold, Chief, Wireless Branch, RIC,
(202) 418-1355, with reference to the DA number of this Public Notice.

 Comments may be filed using the ECFS or by filing paper copies.  See Electronic Filing of
Documents in Rule Making Proceedings, 63 Fed. Reg. 24121 (1988).  Comments filed through
the ECFS can be sent as an electronic file via the Internet to
http://www.fcc.gov/e-file/ecfs.html.  In completing the transmittal screen, commenters
should include their full name, U.S. Postal Service mailing address, and the docket number
“02-55.”

 Parties may also submit an electronic comment by Internet e-mail.  To get filing
instructions for e-mail comments, commenters should send an e-mail to [email-masked], and
should include the following words in the body of the message: “get form <your e-mail
address>.”  A sample form and directions will be sent in reply.  Parties who choose to
file by paper must file an original and four copies of each filing.  Filings can be sent
by hand or messenger delivery, by commercial overnight courier, or by first-class or
overnight U.S. Postal Service mail.  The Commission's contractor, Vistronix, Inc., will
receive hand-delivered or messenger-delivered paper filings for the Commission's Secretary
at 236 Massachusetts Ave., N.E., Suite 110, Washington, D.C. 20002.  The filing hours at
this location are 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.  All hand deliveries must be held together with
rubber bands or fasteners.  Any envelopes must be disposed of before entering the
building.  Commercial overnight mail (other than U.S. Postal Service Express Mail or
Priority Mail) must be sent to 9300 East Hampton Drive, Capitol Heights, MD 20743.  U.S.
Postal Service first-class mail, Express Mail, and Priority Mail should be addressed to
445 12th  Street, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20554.  All filings must be addressed to the
Commission's Secretary, Office of the Secretary, Federal Communications Commission.

 Action by Deputy Chief, Wireless Telecommunications Bureau.
--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/