Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Windows 2000 and modem

From: "Philip Macafee" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 12:43:08 -0800

I just upgraded to Windows 2000 from NT and none of the modem drivers seem
to work.  What gives?

---

From: Rick Parrish <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 21:01:24 -0600

Philip Macafee wrote:

> I just upgraded to Windows 2000 from NT and none of the modem drivers 
> seem to work.  What gives?

Microsoft evolved the standards for device drivers. You may have to hunt 
down the OEM or vendor that made your modem and hope they have released 
a WDM version. Folks migrating from Win98 or ME are in the same boat. 
Sometimes they make drivers that work for NT, 2K and XP. Sometimes they 
provide a separate driver for each OS.

The OEM for my win-modem chipset discontinued the chipset prior to Win2k 
so no WDM driver exists.

Good luck.
Rick

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/