Subject: [NEXTEL-1] EFJohnson Releases Intrinsically Safe 5100 Series Portable Radio

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 00:57:57 -0500

EFJohnson Releases Intrinsically Safe 5100 Series Portable Radio

Washington, DC – January 13, 2003-- EFJ, Inc. (OTC Bulletin Board: EFJI) announced that
its EFJohnson subsidiary’s multi-protocol 5100 series portable radios are now approved by
Factory Mutual as Intrinsically Safe for Class I, II & III, Division 1, Groups C, D, E, F
and G; and as Non-Incendive for Class I, Division 2, Groups A, B, C and D, when used with
the EFJohnson intrinsically safe battery. This new intrinsically safe portable is ideal
for use in chemical plants, refineries, mines, grain elevators, and many other locations
with dangerous atmospheres.
These new intrinsically safe radios are available in VHF, UHF, and 800 MHz frequency
bands, and have the same interoperable features as the standard 5100 series -- forward and
backward multiple protocol compatibility, allowing communications on Project 25 trunking
and conventional radio systems, SMARTNET?/SmartZone? trunked radio systems, Multi-Net?
trunking systems, and conventional analog radio communications systems.

“We are extremely proud of this advance in our 5100 series portable radios and believe
this important designation is a significant step in EFJohnson’s continuous drive to offer
our customers the highest quality, safest and most agile communications solutions
available,” said Michael Jalbert, EFJ, Inc. chairman and chief executive officer.

Celebrating its 80th anniversary in 2003, the EFJohnson Company (EFJohnson) provides
digital Project 25-compliant interoperable wireless communications systems solutions for
federal, state and local agencies involved with homeland security and public safety.
EFJohnson was one of the first developers of wireless communications products to be fully
compliant with federal government interoperability specifications. The company designs,
manufactures and markets conventional and trunked radio systems, land mobile radio
repeaters and mobile and portable radios. EFJohnson, headquartered in Waseca, Minnesota,
is a wholly owned subsidiary of EFJ, Inc. (OTC Bulletin Board: EFJI). For more
information, visit www.efjohnson.com.

EFJ, Inc., (OTC Bulletin Board: EFJI) is the holding company of industry-leading wireless
telecommunications equipment and solutions businesses. EFJ, Inc. is home to the EFJohnson
Company, one of the first developers of Project 25 mobile communications products
compliant with federal government interoperability standards, and Transcrypt
International, a world leader in secure voice communication solutions. 2003 marks the 80th
anniversary of EFJohnson and the 25th anniversary of Transcrypt International. Stable and
profitable, with headquarters in Washington, D.C., EFJ, Inc. has a proven leadership team
in place with decades of experience in telecommunications and government sales. EFJohnson
and Transcrypt International are wholly owned subsidiaries of EFJ, Inc. For more
information, visit www.efji.com.

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/