Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Wireless Design Online Newsletter

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 12:08:34 -0500

================================================================
Wireless Design Online Newsletter - http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com
Thursday, January 16, 2003
================================================================
 
------------------------------------- 
SPREAD THE NEWS
-------------------------------------
 
Do you enjoy receiving this newsletter? Why not pass the word? Tell your friends and
co-workers about the Wireless Design Online Newsletter. It is a great way to keep up with
industry news, information, and products -- and it's free.
 
Forward this link to your colleagues so they can enjoy our free newsletter too:
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/content/membership/register.asp?vtfc=leftnav2

------------------------------------- 
FEATURED ARTICLES
-------------------------------------  
 
1) TeleChoice Broadband Wireless Study Redefines Broadband Data Marketplace
2) Radio Frequency Investigation Ltd and ORIX Rentec Corporation in collaboration
3) Mitsubishi Electric Introduces New Family of Cost-Effective, High-Linearity,
Surface-Mount Power GaAs FETs for Wireless Applications
 
---------------------------------------
 
1) TeleChoice Broadband Wireless Study Redefines Broadband Data Marketplace; Determining
Which Wireless Technologies Deliver Broadband
 
DALLAS, Jan 15, 2003 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ -- TeleChoice, Inc. announced today the
availability of a new white paper titled "A Broadband Wireless Framework for 2003: Which
Wireless Technologies Deliver Broadband." The report addresses the many fluctuating
definitions of 'broadband,' compares wireless data services, and delivers a new framework
for defining technology and business requirements...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/7396/793725
 
2) Radio Frequency Investigation Ltd and ORIX Rentec Corporation in collaboration
 
Jan 16, 2003 (M2 PRESSWIRE via COMTEX) -- At the ORC test facility in Tokyo wireless
conformance services are being introduced, and Radio Frequency Investigation Ltd (RFI) has
been appointed by ORC to provide laboratory support, training, project management and
sales support for the rollout of these new services. ORC will be offering a range of new
services...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/7397/793725
 
3) Mitsubishi Electric Introduces New Family of Cost-Effective, High-Linearity,
Surface-Mount Power GaAs FETs for Wireless Applications; New Low-Cost Packaging Technology
Dramatically Improves RF Performance
 
SUNNYVALE, Calif., Jan 15, 2003 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- The Electronic Device Group of
Mitsubishi Electric & Electronics USA, Inc., today introduced the first two devices in the
new MGF095XP power GaAs FET(1) family. The devices demonstrate exceptional linearity at
frequencies from cellular bands through U-NII band (5.725 - 5.825 GHz). They are available
in a new low-cost, plastic mold, lead-frame...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/7398/793725

------------------------------------- 
FEATURED PRODUCTS
-------------------------------------
  
1) Plastic GaAs FETs
2) Transmitter Combiners for Base Station Systems
3) WISMO Quik Q2300 Series GSM
4) Color STN
5) Nonlinear Circuit Simulator
6) Mission Critical High Reliability Platforms
7) FIDELITY Full-3D EM Simulator 
8) ConnexRF Development Tools
9) High Linearity Quad MOSFET Mixer for PCS & 3G BTS
10) Free Circuit and System Simulation Software
 
---------------------------------------
 
1) Plastic GaAs FETs
 
California Eastern Laboratories has announced the availability of two new medium power NEC
GaAs devices in low cost plastic packages. Designed for L and S-Band transmitter, base
station, and mobile communications handset applications, the 3 Watt NE6500379A GaAs MESFET
and the 1 Watt NE6510179A GaAs HJ FET deliver high output power....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/7399/793725
 
2) Transmitter Combiners for Base Station Systems
 
Renaissance Electronics has a series of transmitter combiners ranging from combinations of
2-ways, 3-ways, and 4-way combiners. A typical application would be a configuration with
dual 4:1 combiners in a single 2U configuration. Maximum configurations per combiner are:
4 2:1's 3 3:1's 2 4:1's....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/7400/793725
 
3) WISMO Quik Q2300 Series GSM
 
Features:
- Dual Band GSM module (EGSM900/1800 MHz or EGSM900/1900 MHz)
- Compliant with ETSI GSM Phase 2+ standard
- Class 4 (2W @ 900 MHz)
- More...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/7401/793725
 
4) Color STN
 
Excel Technology color STN is more suited for the latest advances in technology. Passive
matrix LCDs does not reduce the digital transmitting area with transistor structures, so
there is more space for both reflective and transmisive elements with in each sub pixel of
a transflective color display. Excel Technology provides color STN displays for E-Book,
PDA, Mobile Phone, Hand PC...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/7402/793725
 
5) Nonlinear Circuit Simulator
 
Voltaire XL is an advanced linear and nonlinear circuit simulator featuring
harmonic-balance and Volterra series simulation engines. Voltaire XL was developed and
optimized for Windows 95/98 and NT4/2000 based computers so it is extremely efficient and
easy-to-use. Voltaire XL has been optimized specifically for RF, microwave, and
millimeterwave applications...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/2777/793725
 
6) Mission Critical High Reliability Platforms
 
I-Bus/Phoenix manufactures fully integrated high reliability computer platforms including
CompactPCI technology, designed for a range of mission-critical applications. In addition
we provide comprehensive power protection systems. We offer full OEM product development,
approvals management, testing and configuration, and total system integration....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/4368/793725
 
7) FIDELITY Full-3D EM Simulator 
 
FIDELITY is a FDTD (Finite-Difference Time-Domain) based Full-3D EM Simulator for modeling
microwave circuits, components, and antenna, wireless/RF antennas, EMC and EMI structures,
and other high-speed and high-frequency circuitry....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/825/793725
 
8) ConnexRF Development Tools
 
AeroComm has created a comprehensive set of development tools to help engineers integrate
ConnexRF wireless technology into their products quickly. Our complete, agency-approved
2.4 GHz transceivers and extensive wireless background give OEMs of all experience levels
access to "their own" RF department, enabling...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/7405/793725
 
9) High Linearity Quad MOSFET Mixer for PCS & 3G BTS
 
The PE4134 is a high linearity, passive Quad MOSFET Mixer for PCS & 3G Base Station
Receivers, exhibiting high dynamic range performance over a broad LO drive range of up to
+20 dBm. This mixer integrates passive matching networks to provide single-ended
interfaces for the RF and LO ports, eliminating the need for external RF baluns or
matching networks....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/7404/793725
 
10) Free Circuit and System Simulation Software
 
Serenade SV contains high-frequency circuit simulation and communication system
simulation. Both simulators operate within the common Serenade desktop. Serenade SV's
high-frequency circuit simulation contains linear S-parameter analysis, tuning, and
optimization; and nonlinear harmonic-balance, tuning, and stability analysis. Forced
circuits as well as oscillators can be analyzed...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/7403/793725

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/