Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Cell-Phone Magnate Death Ruled Accident

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2003 13:11:43 -0500

Cell-Phone Magnate Death Ruled Accident

SEATTLE - The death of billionaire Keith McCaw was an accidental
drowning, and there was no indication that alcohol or other drugs were
involved, an autopsy report concludes.

McCaw, 49, the youngest of four brothers who made their fortunes in the
cellular phone business, was found bleeding from the head in a hot tub at
his home on Lake Washington on Dec. 15.

The autopsy report issued Monday by the King County medical examiner's
office makes McCaw's death "even more of a mystery," said Dennis
Weibling, a family spokesman. "No one was around, and no one will ever
know what happened, whether he hit his head."

McCaw was the youngest brother of Craig McCaw, a cell phone industry
pioneer who was the principal force in McCaw Cellular Communications,
now AT&T Wireless and based in Redmond.

Keith McCaw headed the company's paging business until 1986 and served
as a director until 1991. He was listed by Forbes Magazine last year as the
445th-richest man in the world, tied with brothers Bruce and John.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20030107/ap_on_re_us/brf_mccaw_dies_3

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/