Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Schaeffer's 'Herd' on the Street- NXTL has been popular among message board participants of late

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 22:43:09 -0500

Schaeffer's 'Herd' on the Street Features Mirant Corp., Nextel Communications,
 and Starbucks: MIR, NXTL, SBUX

Story Filed: Friday, January 10, 2003 2:09 PM EST

CINCINNATI, Jan 10, 2003 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ -- Today's Schaeffer's 'Herd' on the
Street features Mirant Corp.
(NYSE: MIR), Nextel Communications (Nasdaq: NXTL), and Starbucks (Nasdaq: SBUX). 'Herd' on
the Street contains
commentary and charts on stocks that are generating a notable amount of interest on
Internet message boards. 'Herd' on the
Street is published every day at www.SchaeffersResearch.com -- the home of Bernie
Schaeffer and Schaeffer's
Investment Research. For additional information about this report or to have it delivered
to you free via email every day click
on the following link: http://www.schaeffersresearch.com/addinfo .

<Snip>
Nextel Communications

Nextel Communications (Nasdaq: NXTL) is utilizing Emmy award-winning television star
Dennis Franz to spread the word
about its Direct Connect service, which provides a digital long-range walkie talkie
function. The telecommunications company
currently boasts 10.1 million subscribers in the U.S., lagging behind the likes of Verizon
Wireless and AT&T. NXTL has been
popular among message board participants of late, despite not having any major news items.
Technically speaking, the shares
have been noticeable, increasing seven-fold since early July. The impressive rally has
taken the shares solidly into double-digit
territory and to a new annual high as of today's session. The equity's next threshold to
conquer is its July 2001 peak, just below
the 18 mark.

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/