Subject: [NEXTEL-1] EDS endorses Aether Systems in resale agreement

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 16:28:41 -0500

EDS endorses 
Aether Systems in resale agreement

Jan. 17, 2003 
12:36 PM EST

OWINGS MILLS, Md.

Aether Systems Inc. scored a massive deal with technology services giant EDS, under which
EDS will manage and resell Aether’s wireless technologies and services. EDS will also
manage Aether’s internal information technology operations and customer care services. 

“The endorsement of a global leader such as EDS is a very meaningful validation for Aether
technology and our company,” said George Davis, Aether’s president and vice chairman. “EDS
brings global reach and an industrial strength IT infrastructure to bear, dramatically
increasing the potential marketplace for our products.” 

The deal is especially important to Aether, which gains the backing of a major technology
provider. Those in the industry agree businesses looking to implement wireless technology
are in general more willing to do so with an established technology company, rather than
smaller wireless-specific providers. Further, EDS is one of the top ten mobile and
wireless service providers, coming in behind the likes of IBM Corp. and PwC Consulting,
according to a July study from research firm IDC. 

Under the extensive deal between the two companies, EDS and Aether will jointly develop
and market wireless and mobile data products and services to Fortune 2000 clients. EDS
will adopt Aether’s Fusion technology as its preferred standard for mobile and wireless
development platforms and will use Aether’s applications for transportation, logistics,
mobile office, field service, government and homeland security markets. 

Further, EDS will install a network to connect Aether its suppliers and clients using an
EDS facility as the management hub. EDS will also assume responsibility for the call
center, fulfillment and hosting operations of Aether’s Enterprise Mobility Solutions
group. 

Separate from its deal with EDS, Aether released several new products based on its Fusion
technology. The company’s new Attache product provides device- and network-independent
access to corporate e-mail and groupware, and the company’s new 20/20V product offers a
nationwide solution for vehicle location and management. 

http://rcrnews.com/cgi-bin/news.pl?newsId=6703

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/