Subject: [NEXTEL-1] 800 MHz comments due Feb. 3

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2003 15:15:49 -0500

800 MHz comments due Feb. 3
January 03 12:37:00, 2003

WASHINGTON—The Federal Communications Commission is requesting comments on the plan
submitted on Christmas
Eve by the private-wireless and public-safety communities and Nextel Communications Inc.
to solve the public-safety
interference problem in the 800 MHz band.

Comments are due Feb. 3 with replies due Feb. 18.

The Consensus Plan would split the 800 MHz band into two parts—one for cellularized
systems and one for
non-cellularized systems. The most controversial aspect of the plan is that Nextel would
receive 10 megahertz of
spectrum in the 1.9 GHz band (1910-1915/1990-1995 MHz). To sweeten the pot, Nextel has
agreed to pay $850 million
to relocate incumbents at 800 MHz. This amount is $350 million more than it originally
proposed.

http://rcrnews.com/cgi-bin/news.pl?newsId=6472

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/