Subject: [NEXTEL-1] NextWave Ruling Could Come Tuesday

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 14:41:39 -0500

http://www.wirelessweek.com/index.asp?layout=print_page&doc_id=110996

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

<<< Back | Print

www.wirelessweek.com

NextWave Ruling Could Come Tuesday

By Mark Rockwell
January 10, 2003
news@2 direct

WASHINGTON -- NextWave's court-clouded future may become
clearer as soon as next Tuesday, say some industry observers.

Tuesday is the U.S. Supreme Court's first day back in session after the
holiday break and could be the day the court issues a final ruling on whether it
was constitutional for the FCC to take back NextWave's licenses when the company
declared bankruptcy. According to analysts and court observers the case is one
of the most straightforward the court is facing this term and a quick ruling is
likely.

Many consider the case a 'slam dunk' in NextWave's favor.
For instance, the Precursor Group, in its list of important wireless decisions
for 2003, says there is an 80 percent chance the Supreme Court will rule in
favor of NextWave. In addition, those close to the case have said that the
Supreme Court justices in general favored NextWave when the company and the FCC
presented their oral arguments last October.

The Precursor Group also predicts the ruling will come in the last part of
the first quarter of 2003, however, others close to the case maintain a ruling
on Tuesday would help clear the Court's crowded docket.

<<< Back | Print