Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Re: [FDNYING] Sharptons HQ goes up

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 16:23:05 -0500

Very Interesting-
FYI- This is in Manhattan-

Several other prominent figures have had there office there if it is the same building I'm
thinking of on the NE corner.  What did the use?  2+2 the Rest Fast? All Hands?

Did the Marshals declare it Arson?

[email-masked] wrote:

> <PRE>I was watching the new this morning and Al Sharptons HQ burned this morning
> right after he decided he wanted to run for president.  It was on125th and
> Madison.  36 engine, slated to be closed by the prick, was one of the first
> due units.  One of the guys from 14 truck made a save.  Its a big
> investigation because he is a "prominant" figure, which mean he just gives
> the cops OT anytime he opens his mouth to hold a rally.  Also there was a job
> in Brooklyn where a 74 year old grandmother died.  2nd alarm in Queens at
> 111st....water relay needed because of frozen hydrants.

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 16:56:41 -0500

From: [email-masked]
4:27 PM

Subject:
RE: [FDNYING] Sharptons HQ goes up

Went to a 2nd Alarm.  Dispatched around 08:30, and FDNY had a heavy presence there well into
the afternoon.  Not sure if they've cleared
yet or not.

---

From: "Todd Ellis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 16:59:11 -0500

Anyone remember Morton Downey Jr.'s BigMouth Show when Reverend Al was a
fixture on WOR?

Maybe Nextel could use Rev. Al for TV spots to raise dough for a new HQ.

I hope no one was hurt and the reason for the fire is found.

  -----Original Message-----
  From: Marcel [mailto:[email-masked]]
  Sent: Wednesday, January 22, 2003 4:57 PM
  To: [email-masked]
  Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked];
[email-masked]; [email-masked]
  Subject: Re: [NEXTEL-1] Sharptons HQ goes up

  Subject:

  Went to a 2nd Alarm.  Dispatched around 08:30, and FDNY had a heavy
presence there well into
  the afternoon.  Not sure if they've cleared
  yet or not.

---

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 17:25:07 -0500

Since Nextel Hired Rob Lowe Al would probably fit right in......

Dr. Al has clamed down considerably since then. He use to really get people upset.
I remember being assigned to cover a few of his marches back in the 90's. At every march
there was at least one Screammmming  "10-13" (Officer needs Assistance) call over the
radio. 9 times out of 10 it was the "Sal, Vinny and the Boys" trying to slice him  up into
little pieces or Bat him down and the Cops were in the middle trying to keep them apart.
Eventually they got him and stabbed him in the chest while he was marching in
Brooklyn.........Needless to say he lived.

NYC- A million Stories-

Todd Ellis wrote:

>  Anyone remember Morton Downey Jr.'s BigMouth Show when Reverend Al was a fixture on
> WOR?Maybe Nextel could use Rev. Al for TV spots to raise dough for a new HQ. I hope no
> one was hurt and the reason for the fire is found.

---

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 18:16:24 -0500

Speaking of  "Sal, Vinny and the Boys".....

FBI & OCCB have been busy........

Reputed mob boss charged with mistaken hit on judge

NEW YORK - The reputed acting boss of the Colombo crime family was
charged Wednesday with orchestrating a tangled series of mob killings,
including a mistaken hit on a judge in 1987.

Federal prosecutors allege Joel Cacace tried to have former Mafia
prosecutor William Aronwald killed for "disrespecting" organized crime. But
the two hit men instead killed Aronwald's father, George, an administrative
law judge.

"In a tragic twist, they made a horrible mistake," U.S. Attorney Roslynn
Mauskopf said Wednesday.

William Aronwald called the news "bittersweet." Now a defense attorney, he
once prosecuted federal mob cases in New York City.

"On the one hand, I'm delighted," the son said. "But to think my father was
killed because someone thought he was me, it's very painful."

Cacace, 61, of Deer Park, New York, was among 13 alleged organized
crime family figures named in a federal indictment. Also named were an
alleged Colombo captain, 10 other family associates and a Luchese crime
family associate. The Colombo and Luchese organizations are two of New
York City's five major Mafia families.

Cacace could get up to 100 years in prison if convicted. He awaited
arraignment on murder, racketeering, extortion and other charges. His
attorney, Michael Macklowitz, refused to discuss the case.

At the time of the 1987 slaying, the hit men, Vincent and Eddie Carini, were
members of a crew led by Cacace, then a Colombo soldier, authorities said.

The brothers mistakenly went to the law office of Aronwald's father, a judge
with the city Parking Violations Bureau, then followed him into a laundry
near his Queens home and shot him to death, prosecutors said.

The killing remained unsolved until recently, when witnesses identified
Cacace as a suspect in that crime and others, Mauskopf said.

"After more than a decade, we have brought to justice the man who carried
out this conspiracy," she said.

Organized crime leaders were so angered by the botched hit that Cacace
allegedly agreed to have two mobsters from other crime families kill the
Carini brothers. The Carinis were found shot to death in 1987 in the back
seats of separate cars parked in Brooklyn.

After attending the brothers' funeral, Cacace recruited an associate — now
one of the witnesses against him — to carry out a hit on their killers,
authorities said.

Cacace later married the widow of Eddie Carini. After that marriage ended,
she married a police officer, who was killed in 1997.

Investigators had previously identified Cacace as a suspect in the unsolved
killing of the patrolman, but he was never charged.