Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Wireless Design Online Newsletter

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 15:13:15 -0500

================================================================
Wireless Design Online Newsletter - http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com
Tuesday, January 28, 2003
================================================================
FEATURED ARTICLES
-------------------------------------  
 
1) Technical Paper: A Novel MMIC High Frequency Oscillator
2) Wireless Technology Offers Improved Performance and Cuts Operational Costs for Fleet
Management Applications
3) Agilent Technologies Announces Design Verification Application Support to Help
Companies Bring Products to Market Faster
 
---------------------------------------
 
1) Technical Paper: A Novel MMIC High Frequency Oscillator
 
This paper, by T. Harvey of Mimix Broadband and A. C. Young of CSIRO Telecommunications &
Industrial Physics, outlines a new approach to the design of phase locked oscillators
suitable for integration into microwave radios where tunability and low phase noise are
required....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/9266/793725
 
2) Wireless Technology Offers Improved Performance and Cuts Operational Costs for Fleet
Management Applications
 
LENEXA, KS, Jan. 23, 2003 (INTERNET WIRE via COMTEX) -- Highlighting the breadth of
applications now employing wireless technology, leading supplier of high performance, cost
effective 2.4GHz spread spectrum wireless modules AeroComm has supplied transceivers for
vehicle management applications that save time and money and greatly ease essential
operational fleet management duties....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/9267/793725
 
3) Agilent Technologies Announces Design Verification Application Support to Help
Companies Bring Products to Market Faster
 
PALO ALTO, Calif., Jan. 27, 2003 -- Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) today announced
design verification application support to help electronic and wireless communication
companies get products to market faster. Agilent is the first company to integrate
electronic design automation (EDA) software with test instrumentation to offer new
"connected solutions" applications...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/9268/793725

--------------------------
FEATURED DOWNLOAD
--------------------------
 
This week we're featuring a new application note from Narda Safety Test Solutions in the
Wireless Design Online download library. This paper, "Non-Ionizing Radiation General
Information," covers the basics of RF safety. Click here to download the paper in pdf
format:
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/9279/793725

------------------------------------- 
FEATURED PRODUCTS
-------------------------------------
  
1) Bolt-In Feedthrus
2) High Power TV Circulators
3) Muse OPEN AT Software Development Kit
4) 31-40 GHz Low Noise Amplifier
5) Microwave Conformance Services
6) SkyWay(TM) Link
7) PC10 Ultracapacitor 
8) Multi-Mix PICO(TM) Power Dividers
9) RF and Microwave Circuit Analysis/Design Program 
10) ATC CS Surface Mount Resistors
 
---------------------------------------
 
1) Bolt-In Feedthrus
 
These resin sealed filters are manufactured for installation into a threaded or thru-hole
application. Filters are available in "C", "L" and "Pi" configurations and are available
in various capacitances, voltages and sizes ranging from 2-56 to 1/4-28....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/9269/793725
 
2) High Power TV Circulators
 
Four high performance units give coverage for the UHF TV Bands 470-860 MHz. Optimized for
LOW LOSS, these circulators typically operate at 500 Watts cw, 900 Watts peak power
level....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/9281/793725
 
3) Muse OPEN AT Software Development Kit
 
Features:
- Compatible with GSM (Open AT V1.x) or GSM/GPRS firmware (Open AT V2.x).
- Hardware resources available for Open AT applications
- More...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/9271/793725
 
4) 31-40 GHz Low Noise Amplifier
 
The new RMLA31400 Low Noise Amplifier from Raytheon RF Components is a three-stage MMIC
device designed for 31 to 40 GHz operation. Fabricated using Raytheon RF Components'
production GaAs MHEMT process, the amplifier is ideal for a variety of low noise
applications including point-to point, point-to-multipoint and LMDS radio
communications....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/9272/793725
 
5) Microwave Conformance Services
 
Communications is now the fastest growing industry sector with technologies converging and
advancing constantly. At RFI we are equipped to provide compliance and regulatory services
for a wide range of microwave communications equipment including, fixed links, point to
point and point to multipoint links....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/9273/793725
 
6) SkyWay(TM) Link
 
Unlike any other bridge/router on the market today, the SkyWay family of products gives
you the power to establish LAN-to-LAN connections over distances of up to 30 miles (48 Km)
-- with superior performance. Moreover, each SkyWay product is a compact, single,
integrated unit designed to withstand harsh environments....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/9274/793725
 
7) PC10 Ultracapacitor
 
The PC10 stores 21 joules of energy at a nominal 2.3 volts for immediately available high
power delivery. Measuring 24 x 31 x 4.5 mm and weighing only 6.5 grams, the PC10 offers 10
farads of capacitance. The PC10 ultracapacitor provides an economical energy storage
capability for many hand held and battery based applications....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/9275/793725
 
8) Multi-Mix PICO(TM) Power Dividers
 
The Multi-Mix(R) PDD-Z series provides an in-phase, binary power divider with low
insertion loss in a small outline. Accurate phase and amplitude balance make them ideal
for applications involving IQ networks, power amplifiers, signal distribution and
processing....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/9276/793725
 
9) RF and Microwave Circuit Analysis/Design Program 
 
The LINC2 RF and microwave circuit analysis and design program provides a new set of
physical transmission line models, extending the accuracy of microstrip and stripline
circuit simulations into the millimeter wave region. Discontinuity models such as a gap in
the line, an abrupt step in line width, open end effect and VIA holes are easily included
in the simulation....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/9277/793725
 
10) ATC CS Surface Mount Resistors
 
ATC's complete line of high powered resistive products are designed and manufactured in
our ISO-9001 facility using non-toxic, cost effective, Aluminum Nitride base substrates.
All products are manufactured and qualified to Mil-PRF-55342, MIL-STD 202, and ANSI
/J-STD-002 specifications....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/9278/793725

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/