Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Re: Please help

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 11:51:44 -0500

------- Original Message --------
From: "arclight_arclight <[email-masked]>" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Please help
Anderson John-P29444 

<John.Anderson@m...> wrote:
> Public safety interference mitigation is an area I work on full 
time.  If you will tell me what city you are talking about I will see 
if Motorola provided the system and, if so, contact our local field 
office to find out the technical details of exactly what frequency we 
are talking about, what types of problems, what kind of system it is, 
etc.
>  
> While it is easy to refer to problems generically as "the Nextel 
problem", I can assure you that interference comes from many sources, 
including other wireless operators, overhead electric transmission 
lines, radio and TV broadcasters and I am even trying to track down a 
report on digital gas pumps causing some radios to stop working.  
Many of these problems require unique solutions based on local 
conditions, frequencies and such.

Cathie: It isn't clear whether or not you are actually experiencing 
interference to a public-safety radio system or not.  If you are, and 
you believe Nextel is involved, drop an e-mail to 
[email-masked] and provide the particulars, including a way 
for someone to contact you.  Nextel set up that e-mail box 
specifically to field interference complaints.

The APCO folks also maintain a mechanism (I can't remember if it's e-
mail or Web based) for reporting interference.  

Side note: We have now begun noting interference from 900 MHz 
cordless phones whose innards have gone stupid.  We had several from 
Sony; now I have a report of a Panasonic phone that has the same 
problem.  Fortunately, the world is moving on to 2.4 GHz faster and 
faster, so in a few years the 900 MHz problems should be basically 
gone (I hope!).

Dave Maples

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/