Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Communications

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 00:53:42 -0500

1) New Technology Helps Traffic Conditions
Link to story from WROC-TV (Rochester, New York):
http://www.wroctv.com/news/story.asp?id=7982&r=l

2) Connecticut Transportation Strategy Board Issues Final Report & Recommendations
They include expanding incident management technology and expansion and improvement of
advanced traveler information
systems.
Link to report:
http://www.opm.state.ct.us/igp/TSB/TSBFIN.htm
Link to story from WVIT-TV (New Britain, Connecticut):
http://www.nbc30.com/news/1873484/detail.html  (includes link to video report)

3) Sensing Sleepy Drivers
New devices could help drivers stay on the road, and stay alive.
Link to story from TechTV:
http://www.techtv.com/news/scitech/story/0,24195,3413345,00.html

4) Green Light For Joining All Cash-Free Tollways
Link to article in The Sydney Morning Herald (Sydney, Australia):
http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/01/07/1041566413187.html

5) Iridian Eye Scans Help Cut Airport Waits As Security Tightens
Link to story from Bloomberg:
http://quote.bloomberg.com/fgcgi.cgi?mnu=news&ptitle=Top%20Stories%20UK&tp=ad_uknews&T=news_storypage99.ht&ad=uktop&s=APhv89xYoSXJpZGlh

6) Space Technology To Help The Blind
Link to news release from the European Space Agency:
http://www.esa.int/export/esaCP/ESAKN58708D_index_0.html

7) Member States Fail To Reach Agreement On Galileo Project
Link to story from the European Communities:
http://dbs.cordis.lu/cgi-bin/srchidadb?CALLER=NHP_EN_NEWS&ACTION=D&SESSION=&RCN=EN_RCN_ID:19502

8) Automotive Telematics Gains Ground In North America
Link to news release from Telematics Research Group:
http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/030108/82225_1.html

9) Benefits Of Seat Belt Reminder Systems
Link to report from the Australian Transport Safety Bureau:
http://www.atsb.gov.au/road/res-exec/cr211ex.cfm

10) Predator's Calls Scare Off SkyTrain Crows
Link to article on canada.com:
http://canada.com/national/story.asp?id=%7B562CEC25-89B4-4463-84CE-D951C14A60B6%7D

11) 9-1-1 Goes To Washington: Critical Issues Forum - February 23-25 - Washington, DC
Link to further information from the National Emergency Number Association:
http://www.nena.org/Events/CIF/CIF.htm

12) Linksys And Zandiant Technologies Team To Deliver Wireless Networking Into Vehicles
Link to news release from Zandiant Technologies:
http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/030108/law055_1.html

13) Delphi Displays One Of The First Bluetooth Applications For A Production Vehicle
Link to news release from Delphi:
http://delphi.com/media/news/pressReleases/pr16302-01082003

14) ITAC Believes Information & Communications Technology Is Key To Achieving Climate
Change Targets
Systems such as smart roads and global positioning systems can reduce emissions.
Link to news release from the Information Technology Association of Canada:
http://www.newswire.ca/releases/January2003/08/c8239.h

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/