Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel and FieldCentrix Offer Mobile Field Service Software Solution for Enterp

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 14:07:45 -0500

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

Search - Finance Home - Yahoo! - Help

Welcome,
foonboss
[Sign
Out]

Money Manager
-
My Yahoo! View
-
Customize

Financial
News

Enter
symbol(s) BasicDayWatchPerformanceReal-time MktDetailedChartResearchOptionsOrder
Book
Symbol Lookup

Press Release

Source:
Nextel Communications, Inc.

Nextel and FieldCentrix Offer Mobile Field Service Software Solution for Enterprise Customers
Tuesday January 14, 11:05 am ET

Nextel's Wireless Modem and FieldCentrix Enterprise Solution Enhance Field Service Options

RESTON, Va. & IRVINE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jan. 14, 2003--
Nextel Communications, Inc. (NASDAQ:NXTL - News), a leading provider of
fully integrated digital wireless communications, and FieldCentrix®
Inc, a leader in wireless, Internet-based software solutions for field
service automation, are now offering FieldCentrix Enterprise software
on Nextel's 2.5G packet data network using Nextel's iM1100 wireless
modem.

FieldCentrix Enterprise, a leading field service automation
solution, eases the time-consuming, paper-intensive processes
associated with field service operations and provides easy
communication between field service workers and the office.

"We have seen a high demand from our prospects for FieldCentrix
products to support Nextel's nationwide packet data network," said
Mike Roppolo, senior vice president of sales and marketing for
FieldCentrix. "Nextel has the reliable, nationwide coverage that is
required by our customers to run their mission-critical field service
automation applications."

The FieldCentrix Enterprise solution reinforces Nextel's
commitment to Wireless Business Solutions that provide enterprise
customers with a reliable network, 4-in-1 wireless service (including
digital cellular, Nextel Direct Connect® two-way radio service,
Two-Way Messaging and Wireless Web), applications, management and
development tools and overall customer support.

"This is one more way Nextel is addressing the real-time business
needs required across the extended enterprise, by helping companies
increase productivity through the delivery of real-time information to
mobile decision makers at any location," said Daryl Newman, vice
president of Construction/Landscaping for Nextel. "Nextel's wireless
data solutions, from applications on handsets to the iM1100 modem that
allows for connectivity wherever you are on the Nextel nationwide
network, enable quick response among workers in the field and
streamline operations through faster exchange of information - a
primary goal of our Wireless Business Solutions initiative.

"FieldCentrix supports that initiative by offering a robust
solution for our customer base, particularly the building trades, a
market where Nextel has had tremendous success and a strong knowledge
of field service requirements," Newman added. "We've created a
complementary team that will provide our mutual customers with a
superior field service automation offering."

With Wireless Business Solutions, Nextel brings to market an
enterprise-strength wireless platform combining applications,
services, tools and the support companies need to deploy productive
wireless solutions.

About Nextel

Nextel Communications, a Fortune 300 company based in Reston, Va.,
is a leading provider of fully integrated wireless communications
services and has built the largest guaranteed all-digital wireless
network in the country covering thousands of communities across the
United States.

Nextel and Nextel Partners, Inc., currently serve 197 of the top
200 U.S. markets. Through recent market launches, Nextel and Nextel
Partners service is available today in areas of the U.S. where
approximately 240 million people live or work.

About FieldCentrix

Based in Irvine, Calif., FieldCentrix has been shipping production
mobile field service automation systems since 1998 and is the largest
and most experienced provider of mobile software solutions for the
field service industry.

The company's software solutions address the problems associated
with the costly maintenance and repair processes for mobile
technicians, service companies, and manufacturers. For more
information about FieldCentrix, call 1.888.552.0101, or visit the
company's Web site at www.fieldcentrix.com.

Contact:

Nextel Communications, Inc., Reston
Cheryl Hawkins, 703/433-4276
[email-masked]
or
FieldCentrix, Irvine
Tracy Freed, 949/784-5000
[email-masked]

Source:
Nextel Communications, Inc.
Email this story
-
Set
a News
Alert
ADVERTISEMENT

Special Offers

·

Rent DVDs - No Late Fees - Try it for FREE!

·

Credit Card offers @ eCreditCards.com (U.S. Only)

·

Find old friends with Classmates.com!

·

AT&T Wireless. Get a FREE Nokia 3360 and plans from $19.99!!

·

SBC Yahoo! Dial¿Get 1st month free.

·

Web hosting. Best quality, 24/7 toll free support. Lowest prices.

·

Planning to Sell or Buy a Home? Compare REALTORS® and View Homes!

·

Find Old Friends at Classmates.com

·

Make Your PC Faster in Just Five Minutes!

·

$7.77 Web Hosting + 2 Months FREE!

Related
Quote

NXTL

14.462

+0.252

News

View Detailed Quote
Delayed 20 mins
Quote data provided by
Reuters

Related News Stories

·

Nextel To Roll Out Direct Connect Across U.S. - NewsFactor (Mon Jan 13)

·

Nextel expands walkie-talkie service - Reuters (Mon Jan 13)

·

InPlay: Nextel fails on initial test of $14.67 one-yr high - Briefing.com (Mon Jan 13)

·

Nextel Begins Rollout of Nationwide Direct Connect - Business Wire (Mon Jan 13)

More...

·

By
industry:
Computer hardware, Computers, Internet, Publishing, Software, Telecom

Top Stories

·

Stocks Hold Gains; Investors Await Intel - Reuters (1:59 pm)

·

Kmart December Sales Down 5.7 Percent - Reuters (1:23 pm)

·

Retail Sales Up, Bolstered by Auto Sales - Reuters (1:34 pm)

·

Abbott Freezes Salaries Ahead of Launch - Reuters (1:35 pm)

More...

·

Most-emailed
articles

·

Most-viewed
articles

Finance Spotlight

·

Credit Reports
Find out your credit score instantly

·

MarketTracker
Live streaming quotes for $9.95/mo

Copyright © 2003 Yahoo! Inc. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy - Terms of Service
Copyright
©
2003 Business Wire. All rights reserved. All
the news releases provided by Business Wire are copyrighted.
Any forms of
copying other than an individual user's personal reference
without express
written permission is prohibited. Further distribution
of these materials
by posting, archiving in a public web site or database,
or redistribution
in a computer network is strictly forbidden.