Subject: [mobile-ip] DEADLINE EXTENDED - CFP: J-SAC Special issue on ALL-IP WIRELESS NETWORKS

From: Jyh-Cheng Chen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 07:29:55 +0800 (CST)

Due  to  numerous request,  the  submission  deadline  is extended  to
February  15,   2003.  Please   submit  your  full-paper   online  via
http://wire.cs.nthu.edu.tw/~jsac

======================================================================
     (We appologize if you received multiple copies of this Call.)

			   CALL FOR PAPERS

	   IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications
		       ALL-IP WIRELESS NETWORKS

IP  (Internet Protocol),  which is  already a  universal network-layer
protocol  for  wireline  packet  networks,  is  becoming  a  promising
universal  network-layer  protocol   over  all  wireless  systems.  IP
provides a  globally successful  open infrastructure for  creating and
providing services  and applications. An all-IP  wireless and wireline
network could  make wireless networks more robust,  scalable, and cost
effective. It will also  enable the abundant applications and software
technologies  developed  for IP  networks  to  be  used over  wireless
networks. Today's  many different wireless systems,  ranging from PANs
(Personal  Area  Networks), wireless  LANs  (Local  Area Networks)  to
wide-area cellular  systems, are often not compatible  with each other
which makes it  difficult for a user to roam from  one radio system to
another. No wireless technology has  emerged as a common and long-term
universal solution. With  IP as the common network  layer protocol, an
IP-based  mobile device  (with multiple  radio interfaces  or software
defined radio) could roam between different wireless systems.

The papers  in this issue  will focus on state-of-the-art  research in
all-IP wireless networks. Submission  for Beyond 3G (B3G) systems will
be included. We solicit papers covering a variety of topics including,
but not limited to, the following topics:

  o   Systems and Architecture
  o   Access Protocols
  o   Transport Protocols
  o   Signaling Protocols
  o   Resource Management
  o   Power Control and Management
  o   QoS Provisioning
  o   Security
  o   Mobile VoIP
  o   Video over Wireless Internet
  o   Network Performance Analysis
  o   Internetworking
  o   System Integration

Only  original and  unpublished  research papers  will be  considered.
Authors should  follow the IEEE  J-SAC manuscript format  described in
the Information for  Authors on the inside back cover  of any issue of
J-SAC.   There will be  one round  of reviews  and acceptance  will be
limited to papers needing only moderate revisions. Prospective authors
should submit a pdf version of their complete manuscript (which should
be  compressed  if   the  file  size  exceeds  1   Mbyte)  online  via
http://wire.cs.nthu.edu.tw/~jsac according to the following timetable:

      Manuscript Submission:   FEBRUARY 15, 2003
      Acceptance Notification: June 1, 2003
      Final Manuscript Due:    September 1, 2003
      Publication:             1st Quarter 2004

      Prathima Agrawal
      Telcordia Technologies
      Room 1J244B
      445 South St
      Morristown, NJ 07960 USA

      Tao Zhang
      Telcordia Technologies
      Room 1J214B
      445 South St
      Morristown, NJ 07960 USA

      Cormac J. Sreenan
      Dept of Computer Science
      University College Cork
      Cork, Ireland

      Jyh-Cheng Chen
      Dept of Computer Science and
      Inst of Communications Engineering
      National Tsing Hua Univ
      Hsinchu, Taiwan