Subject: [NEXTEL-1] NEW YEAR*S RESOLUTIONS FOR TELECOM CONSUMERS

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2003 11:48:01 -0500

Washington, DC * The FCC*s Consumer & Governmental Affairs Bureau (CGB) has some
suggestions for New Year*s Resolutions to help telecom consumers in 2003.  

1. I will check my telephone bill carefully every month to be sure I have not been
slammed  (http://www.fcc.gov/cgb/consumerfacts/slamming.html) or crammed
(http://www.fcc.gov/cgb/consumerfacts/cramming.html).
2. I will investigate whether a pre-paid calling card could save me money on my
long-distance calls ( http://www.fcc.gov/cgb/consumerfacts/prepaidcards.html).
3. When signing up for wireless phone service, I will read the contract thoroughly, insist
that I be given a period of time to test the phone and service before being tied to a
long-term contract, and educate myself on wireless service in general
(http://www.fcc.gov/cgb/wirelessphone.pdf). 
4. I will learn about the nationwide conversion to digital television, the most important
change in television since the introduction of color.  I will learn how it will affect my
television broadcast service, and what steps I must take myself to receive TV programming
after the conversion is complete. (http://www.fcc.gov/cgb/consumerfacts/digitaltv.html).
5. I will familiarize myself with the rules about telemarketing calls, including when the
calls are allowed, the information the caller must give, how to get on the caller*s
do-not-call list, and what I can do if the calls continue
(http://www.fcc.gov/cgb/consumerfacts/tcpa.html)
These are just a few suggestions to get you started.  CGB has much more information for
consumers on the web site * www.fcc.gov/cgb.   In addition, you can call CGB*s Consumer
Centers with inquiries or complaints at 1-888-225-5322 (CALL FCC) voice; 1-888-835-5322
(TELL FCC) TTY.  Both numbers are toll-free.

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

Washington, DC – The FCC’s Consumer & Governmental Affairs Bureau (CGB)
has some suggestions for New Year’s Resolutions to help telecom consumers in
2003.

1. I will check my telephone bill carefully every month to be sure I have
not been slammed  (http://www.fcc.gov/cgb/consumerfacts/slamming.html)
or crammed (http://www.fcc.gov/cgb/consumerfacts/cramming.html).

2. I will investigate whether a pre-paid calling card could save me money
on my long-distance calls ( http://www.fcc.gov/cgb/consumerfacts/prepaidcards.html).
3.
When signing up for wireless phone service, I will read the contract thoroughly,
insist that I be given a period of time to test the phone and service before
being tied to a long-term contract, and educate myself on wireless service in
general (http://www.fcc.gov/cgb/wirelessphone.pdf).

4. I will learn about the nationwide conversion to digital television, the
most important change in television since the introduction of color.  I
will learn how it will affect my television broadcast service, and what steps I
must take myself to receive TV programming after the conversion is complete. (http://www.fcc.gov/cgb/consumerfacts/digitaltv.html).
5.
I will familiarize myself with the rules about telemarketing calls, including
when the calls are allowed, the information the caller must give, how to get on
the caller’s do-not-call list, and what I can do if the calls continue (http://www.fcc.gov/cgb/consumerfacts/tcpa.html)
These
are just a few suggestions to get you started.  CGB has much more
information for consumers on the web site – www.fcc.gov/cgb.   In addition, you
can call CGB’s Consumer Centers with inquiries or complaints at 1-888-225-5322
(CALL FCC) voice; 1-888-835-5322 (TELL FCC) TTY.  Both numbers are
toll-free.

---
You are currently subscribed to [email-masked] as: [email-masked]
To unsubscribe send a blank email to [email-masked]
If you need assistance with your subscription to this list, or if you have questions or comments, please reply to this message.