Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Linux Snort-Inline Toolkit

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 12:14:05 -0500

-------- Original Message --------
From: Lance Spitzner 
Subject: Linux Snort-Inline Toolkit

The Honeynet Project has been working with IDS Gateway technology 
for use as a Data Control mechanism.  As many of you know, an IDS 
gateway combines the detection capability of a traditional NIDS, 
but adds the filtering capability of a firewall.

Once such example is Snort-Inline, a modified version of Snort 1.9.
Developed by Jed Haile, this patched version of Snort can not only
detect malicious activity, but Drop or even Modify it.

To help promote the understanding and development of Snort-Inline,
the Honeynet Project has released the Linux Snort-Inline Toolkit.
This toolkit has a statically precompiled Snort-Inline binary for
Linux, documentation, and a rules converter script.  You can find
the toolkit at the Honeynet Tools section.

    http://www.honeynet.org/papers/honeynet/tools/

As always, input and suggestions appreciated.

Thanks!

-- 
Lance Spitzner

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/