Subject: [NEXTEL-1] OT: Yahoo is Tracking your information....

From: "Swiger, Jeffrey M. <[email-masked]>" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 01:17:07 -0000

I received this email today form a YahooGroups Users.
Please pass the word to your friends.

Yahoo has been spying on your computer.
I have finally figured it out and here is their admission
and how you get out of it.  They are using something they
call "Web Beacons" to track Yahoo Group users around the net
and see what you're doing -similar to cookies.Take a look at
their updated privacy statement:

http://privacy.yahoo.com/privacy/us/pixels/details.html

About half-way down the page, in the section "Outside the Yahoo!
Network", you'll see a little "click here" link that will let you
opt-out of their new method of snooping.
Once you have clicked that link, you are opted out. Notice the
"Success" message at the top of the next page.

(If this URL doesn't work, then go back to
http://privacy.yahoo.com/privacy/us/pixels/details.html
and you will find Web beacons in the section on Cookies.)

BE CAREFUL because on that page there is a "Cancel Opt-out" button
that, if clicked, will *undo** the opt-out.

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 03:55:26 -0500

We have heard........but thanks for the reminder.