Subject: [NEXTEL-1] FEMA Chief Quits, Tommy Wheeler Steps Down For Timmy, Scot Lloyd-Former Nextel Director Joins Pinnacle

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 20:20:23 -0500

FEMA chief tenders resignation

January 21, 2003 2:32pm

Joe Allbaugh tendered his resignation as Director of the Federal Emergency Management
Agency effective March 1.

He has been FEMA director since February 2001, and prior service includes President Bush's
national campaign manager in
2000 and chief-of-staff in Texas from 1995-2000.

By the time of his departure, he will have worked for Bush for nine years.

Most visibly, he has been President Bush's personal representative following the Sept. 11
attacks. Allbaugh immediately made
federal resources available to New York City and Arlington County, offering them trained
incident commanders, Urban Search
and Rescue Teams and the resources of 26 federal agencies under the Federal Response Plan.

Allbaugh said he wants to explore other opportunities in the private sector and spend more
time with his wife and children.

Wheeler plans CTIA departure

Thomas Wheeler, President and CEO of Cellular Telecommunications & Internet Association
(CTIA) announced his resignation
as President of the organization, stating he wishes to pursue other activities, including
writing books and more involvement in
community activities. He also serves on the Board of the Kennedy Center for the Arts.

CTIA was founded in 1984 as the Cellular Telecommunications Industry Association and
Wheeler became its president in 1992.
Prior to that, he served as president of the National Cable Association. Under his
direction, CTIA has grown to be a $42 million
trade association and is credited with bringing PCS carriers and others under the group's
umbrella. He was also responsible for
changing the association's name to best reflect the growing role of the internet and
expanding its lobbying group. He built CTIA
into one of the most formidable lobbying groups on the beltway and could personally work
both parties easily. He has more than
25 years experience in the cable, wireless and video communications industries.

Thomas Wheeler is an avid history buff and an expert on the Civil War, having authored one
book entitled “Take Command!,”
which profiles nine specific leadership lessons of the Civil War and their results. He
plans to work on the next book as he
“pursues other activities.”

Just after his announced resignation, The Foundation for the National Archives named
Wheeler as the president of the board of
directors for the National Archives Foundation.

The National Archives serves a role in preserving the history of the United States
democracy and educating all Americans about
the importance of documents as resources for future generations. Wheeler gladly accepted
the position.

“My grandfather taught me to love history, and before I could drive, he had walked me
around almost all of the major battlefields
of the eastern theater and made them come to life before my eyes,” Wheeler said. “For the
past 10 years, the Foundation has
supported the education and outreach programs of the National Archives that serve to
enrich, enlighten and educate Americans
of the importance of the National Archives as a public trust upon which our American
democracy depends. I am proud to
continue the path of Charles Guggenheim to help bring this important national institution
into the next stage of discovery.”

Wheeler's resignation from CTIA will take effect December 2003.

CeoTronics names president

Devra Herlin has been named company president of CeoTronics Inc. (Chesapeake, Virginia).
She comes to the company with
15 years of experience in the land communications industry. Most recently, Herlin held the
position of vice president for
governmental sales and director of digital development at RELM Communications Inc., a
manufacturer of analog and digital
radios for governmental and business/industry applications.

Paul Minton joins California Eastern

California Eastern Laboratories is pleased to announce that Paul Minton, a longtime
strategic planning consultant to CEL, has
joined the company. He will serve as Vice President, Corporate Development. Minton has
worked closely with CEL for over
seven years, and has held a seat on the company's board of directors for the last two.

“We've experienced considerable growth in the last seven years, in both our sales revenues
and our product offering,” says Jerry
Arden, CEL President and CEO. “Paul's expertise has contributed significantly to the
successful management of our growth. It
has also helped us steer a stable course through the downturn.”

Minton earned a bachelors degree from the University of Maryland, where he studied
economics, chemistry, and mathematics.
He earned a master's degree at Stanford University, where he studied economics, business
and engineering. Prior to joining
CEL, Mr. Minton was a Senior Consultant with the Center for Simplified Strategic Planning,
for which he led the California
regional office. He helped clients like Cisco Systems Capital, Toshiba Medical Systems,
and CEL develop their go-to-market
strategies and align their internal activities and resources to support those strategies.

“CEL's world is changing rapidly,” states Minton, “globalization, outsourcing, and a
variety of other factors are changing the way
we do business. I'm looking forward to working with the many talented people at CEL, and
our business partners at NEC, to
develop new ways to collaborate with our customers. We want to be able to help our
customers identify and execute new
solutions, and help them deliver the results they have promised their customers and
investors.”

Lloyd climbs Pinnacle Towers

Pinnacle Holdings Inc. announced that W. Scot Lloyd, 41, has joined the company as
executive vice president, sales and
Marketing. Lloyd has 20 years of experience in commercial real estate development,
management and leasing, the most recent
six of which have been in wireless communications.

Prior to joining Pinnacle, Lloyd served for four years in executive positions with
SpectraSite Communications Inc., most recently
as vice president of sales.

He also served as managing director of Spectrasite Transco Communications Ltd., in the
United Kingdom, where he was
responsible for the overall management and leasing of the company's site portfolio.

Prior to Spectrasite, from 1998 to 1999, Lloyd held the position of director of tower
assets for Nextel Communications Inc. and
from 1996 to 1998 was President of Cypress Real Estate Services Inc., a firm specializing
in site selection, acquisition and
permitting for wireless clients.

Earlier in his career, Lloyd was a principal in commercial real estate firms providing
property management, leasing, brokerage,
and mortgage banking services for retail, office and industrial properties. He began his
career with Arvida Realty and holds a
bachelor of science from the University of Missouri.

Steven R. Day, Pinnacle's Chief Executive Officer, said “We are extremely pleased to add
Scot to our executive team. He
brings to us extensive experience in site acquisition, development and leasing from both
the carrier and tower company
perspectives.

In addition, he has a proven track record in building and leading successful sales and
marketing organizations. I am confident
that he will have a positive impact on our strategic selling efforts and operating
initiatives.”

Scot Lloyd, Executive Vice President, Sales and Marketing commented, “I am very excited to
be joining Pinnacle at this stage
in its evolution. Pinnacle has tremendous assets that I am confident we will be able to
grow over the long term by strengthening
our customer relationships and raising the bar on our service levels.”

Cell phone billionaire McCaw dies

Keith McCaw, a billionaire whose family helped create a cellular-phone empire, was found
dead in a hottub in his lakeside
Seattle mansion. He was 49.

Reached in Auckland, New Zealand, family spokesman Bob Ratliffe told The Associated Press
late Sunday that McCaw had
died early that morning.

Police and firefighters received a 911 call of a possible drowning in the block where
McCaw's mansion sits near Lake
Washington. Paramedics tried to revive him, but he was pronounced dead at the scene.

The cause of death was not immediately known.

“There is no indication of foul play at this point. This is just a normal death
investigation,” police spokesman Scott Moss said.

McCaw made his fortune as a stockholder in McCaw Cellular Communications, which AT&T
bought in 1994 for $11.5 billion.

Keith McCaw served in various management positions at his family's company, but was
reportedly never a major player. He
ended his role as an employee in 1986, but continued as a director until 1991.

Forbes magazine listed McCaw as the 445th-richest man in the world this year, tied with
brothers Bruce and John. His brother,
Craig McCaw, was listed as the world's 168th richest person, worth $2.4 billion.

“He was a good man and a good friend,” said Ratliffe, who was in Auckland, New Zealand,
working with Craig McCaw in his bid
to win the America's Cup Challenger Series with Seattle's OneWorld.

Keith McCaw was the youngest of four brothers in a family known for their successful
business deals. Their father, Elroy
McCaw, made a fortune owning radio and television stations, but the family estate was
declared bankrupt after he died of a
stroke in 1969.

http://hoovnews.hoovers.com/fp.asp?layout=printnews&doc_id=NR200301212500.2.3_3297008b4765322e

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/