Subject: [NEXTEL-1] RE: Poll: Is APCO-25 an appropriate technology for PublicSafety?

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 11:43:33 -0500

------- Original Message --------
From: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: Poll: Is APCO-25 an appropriate technology for PublicSafety?

The President, in December, signed a letter that will allow State, County,
etc. to buy off of the GSA schedule, this may help accelerate the
conversion to digital.  The equipment has come a long way, and finally is
where it should have been 5 years ago.  More vendors are offering products,
and the products are finally meeting California's (BLM, NPS, USFS, CDF, and
OES) requirements.  A few companies are working on a "cross-band" type
repeater that will take any and all bands of radios and allow them to talk
to each other.......take a look at "DynCorp" they've been working with the
military and have some exciting stuff coming down the pipeline.

(See attached file: LMR Equipment.jpg)

Dexter Dearth
USDI-Bureau of Land Management
California State Radio Manager
916-978-4557

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/