Subject: [NEXTEL-1] MacArthur Grants: Technological Change

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2003 16:37:17 -0500

-------- Original Message --------
From: [email-masked]
Subject: MacArthur Grants: Technological Change

http://www.macfound.org/programs/gss/research_writing.htm

Research and Writing Competition  
 
These grants to individuals and two-person teams are intended to support 
projects that explore the development of improved understanding of key topics 
in global security and sustainability, and to broaden and strengthen the 
community of scholars engaged in work on these issues. For each of the annual 
Research and Writing Grants competitions conducted in 2002, 2003, and 2004, the 
Foundation invites proposals relating to either one of the following themes:

1)Migration and Refugees . . . . . .

2)Technological Change and Global Security and Sustainability
The Foundation welcomes proposals that examine how public policy either shapes 
or responds to technological change - and proposals on related social and 
economic issues - with a particular emphasis on policy-making institutions, 
treaty regimes, or nongovernmental organizations operating on a transnational 
or international scale.

The program seeks to support research and writing projects in any academic 
discipline or profession, as well as creative work conducted outside of 
traditional disciplinary and professional approaches. Grants may be used in 
university and organizational settings or may support independent researchers 
working outside of institutional contexts. Projects to be carried out by 
individuals and by two-person teams are eligible for support. Projects related 
to research or writing of the doctoral dissertation are not eligible for 
awards. Projects that deal with exclusively United States-based topics will not 
be considered for funding, unless the topic has significant international 
dimensions.

Applicants may request up to $75,000 for individual projects, and $100,000 for 
two-person collaborations. The deadline for the first round of proposals under 
these guidelines was February 1, 2002, and grant awards will be announced by 
November, 2002. Two additional rounds of the competition will be conducted 
under these guidelines, with deadlines of February 3, 2003 and February 2, 2004.

For further information about the Research and Writing Grants competition and a 
brochure describing how to apply, please contact the Foundation by e-mail at 
[email-masked].

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/