Subject: [mobile-ip] Proxying for MN's link local address

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 21:33:53 +0530

hi,
   if the 'L' bit is set in the BU, HA has to do proxy for MN's link local
address also.
So, HA should send gratuitous NA for MN's link local address also.
This is missing in section " 10.4.1 Intercepting Packets for a Mobile
Node". This section only talks about MN's
home address which is present in the BU.

regards
  gaurav

---

From: Vijay Devarapalli <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 10:21:13 -0800

> home address which is present in the BU.

the HA sends a gratuitous NA to override neighbor cache entries 
for the MN's home address on other nodes in the home link

a gratuitous NA is not necessary for the link local. this is 
because the HA does not tunnel packets meant for the MN's link 
local. so there is not need to override anybody's neighbor cache 
entry on the home link.

Vijay