Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel Partners to Provide Update at Investor Conference

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 15:15:20 -0500

Nextel Partners to Provide Update at Investor Conference

Business Editors/High-Tech Writers

KIRKLAND, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jan. 28, 2003--Nextel Partners, Inc.,
(Nasdaq:NXTP) announced that it will participate in this week's Annual High Yield
Conference 2003
which is being sponsored by JPMorgan.
John Chapple, Nextel Partners' Chairman, CEO and President, is scheduled to make a
presentation at 10:15 a.m. CST on January 28, 2003. In his remarks Chapple will emphasize
the
company's performance and discuss other issues of importance to the company.
Specifically, Chapple will announce that in the fourth quarter of 2002, Nextel Partners
added
93,100 net subscribers bringing total net additions in 2002 to 361,900 -- a 70% increase
to the
customer base during the year. In addition, he will state that the company's fourth
quarter average
monthly revenue per subscriber remained one of the highest in the industry at $68 and
customer churn
remained among the lowest in the industry at 1.6%. These results imply a lifetime revenue
per
subscriber of $4,250 which is among the best when compared against all wireless operators.

"Despite the challenging economic environment, 2002 was another very successful year for
Partners," said Chapple. "We exceeded our guidance for subscriber growth by continuing to
focus on
the business and government segments and thrived operationally from further scaling of the
business,
which resulted in generating positive operating cash flow beginning in the month of June
-- earlier than
expected."
Further details of the 2002 year-end financial results will be announced during Nextel
Partners'
fourth quarter earnings call, which will be held on Wednesday, February 26th.

Fourth Quarter 2002 Results Conference Call - Wednesday, February 26, 2003

Nextel Partners will be hosting its fourth quarter 2002 conference call on Wednesday,
February
26, 2003 at 11:00 AM EST. The call-in number is 888/462-1974 or 630/395-0026. The passcode

is PARTNER. Instant replay of the call will be available through Wednesday, March 26, 2003
by
calling 888/568-0029 or 402/530-7745. The conference call will also be available via a
live webcast.
To listen to the live call, please go to http://www.nextelpartners.com at least fifteen
minutes early to
register, download, and install any necessary software. For those who cannot listen to the
live
broadcast, a replay will be available through Wednesday, March 26, 2003.

"Safe Harbor" Statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. A
number of
the matters and subject areas discussed in this press release that are not historical or
current facts
deal with potential future circumstances and developments. The words "believe," "expect,"
"intend,"
"estimate," "assume" and "anticipate," variations of such words and similar expressions
identify
forward-looking statements, but their absence does not mean that a statement is not
forward-looking.
The discussion of such matters and subject areas is qualified by the inherent risks and
uncertainties
surrounding future expectations generally, and also may materially differ from Nextel
Partners' actual
future experience involving any one or more of such matters and subject areas. Nextel
Partners has
attempted to identify, in context, certain of the factors that it currently believes may
cause actual future
experience and results to differ from Nextel Partners' current expectations regarding the
relevant
matter or subject area. Such risks and uncertainties include the economic conditions in
our targeted
markets, performance of our technologies, competitive conditions, customer acceptance of
our
services, the completion of our network build-out, access to sufficient capital to meet
operating and
financing needs and those additional factors that are described from time to time in
Nextel Partners'
reports filed with the SEC, including Nextel Partners' annual report on Form 10-K for the
year ended
December 31, 2001 and its subsequent quarterly filings on Form 10-Q. This press release
speaks
only as of its date, and Nextel Partners disclaims any duty to update the information
herein.

Nextel Partners, Inc., (Nasdaq:NXTP), based in Kirkland, Wash., has the exclusive right to

provide digital wireless communications services using the Nextel brand name in 31 states
where
approximately 52 million people reside. Nextel Partners offers its customers the same
fully integrated,
digital wireless communications services available from Nextel including digital cellular,
text and
numeric messaging, wireless Internet access and Nextel Direct Connect(R) digital
walkie-talkie, all in
a single wireless phone. Nextel Partners customers can seamlessly access these services
anywhere on
Nextel's or Nextel Partners' all-digital wireless network, which currently covers 197 of
the top 200
U.S. markets. To learn more about Nextel Partners, visit www.nextelpartners.com. To learn
more
about Nextel's services, visit www.nextel.com.

http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/f_headline.cgi?bw.012803/230280168&ticker=NXTP
--

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/