Subject: [NEXTEL-1] The Midland-1Initiative

From: Alan Dixon <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 21:44:57 -0500

Here is an initiative that I have been working on for a little while,
already.  As you will readily be able to surmise, I have had to keep it
under wraps until now.  The concept is not new for FRS, or even for
shared-GMRS use.  But it does represent a radical departure in concept
for CB radio.  I personally support this measure on CB, as an adjunct to
Channel 9.  It is ultimately evident that CB Channel 9 is dead, like it
or not.  Additionally, in spite of successful ongoing sales, CB is dead,
as far as actual *use* goes.  Since the CB fad of the 1970's, an entire
new generation of CB operators and potential CB operators has grown up
with no real working concept of CB radio networking.  It is my hope that
if anything can revive legitimate CB use, this initiative can.  It
requires no FCC action, has large corporate backing, media backing, and
is effective almost immediately.

Happy New Year,

Alan Dixon
Contributing Editor
Popular Communications

[Please copy all replies to: <[email-masked]>]

--

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/