Subject: [NEXTEL-1] IT Industry Council Meets With FCC

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 14:03:27 -0500

IT Industry Council Meets With FCC

By Roy Mark
January 24, 2003

The Information Technology Industry Council (ITI) http://www.itic.org/ , a
trade organization representing U.S. providers of information technology (IT)
products and services, met with officials from the Federal Communications
Commission's (FCC) Office of Engineering and Technology (OET)
http://www.fcc.gov/oet/ Wednesday in the first of an annual series of
dialogues to discuss technical regulatory issues affecting the high tech
industry.

The dialogues are part of an ongoing effort by ITI to engage the FCC and
apprise OET of IT industry interest in developing solutions that will
accelerate products to market.

During the meeting, the ITI raised various technical issues affecting the IT
industry with OET staff, including ways to get safe products to consumers
faster; industry recommendations for handling unintentional emissions; trends
in product solutions; and ways the FCC can bring more value to U.S. IT
customers and manufacturers. ITI also outlined industry's model for the
regulatory environment themed: "One global market place for IT products, one
product standard for the world".

"This initiative is an important step towards strengthening the relationship
between industry and government on technical issues that will help us better
serve our customers around the world," said ITI President Rhett Dawson.

Dawson said for the ITI, the discussions yielded a better understanding of the
decision-making process at OET, the FCC's advisory body on engineering, as it
seeks to "manage the spectrum and provide leadership to create new
opportunities for competitive technologies and services for the American
public."

ITI member companies include Agilent Technologies, Amazon.com, AOL Time Warner,
Apple Computer, Canon U.S.A., Cisco, Corning, Dell, Eastman Kodak, eBay, EMC,
Hewlett-Packard, IBM, Intel, Lexmark, Microsoft, Motorola, National
Semiconductor, NCR, Panasonic, Siebel, SGI, Sony, Sun Microsystems, Symbol
Technologies, Tektronix and Unisys.

http://www.internetnews.com/bus-news/article.php/1574301

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/