Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Response to Laura Smith et al.

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 16:13:46 -0500

------- Original Message --------
   From: Robert Schwaninger <[email-masked]>
Subject:  Response to Laura Smith et al.

Laura:Thank you for your kind comment regarding my wordsmithing, although I cannot accept
your kindness without recognizing Ken's criticism.Ken, the use of "penumbra" in the manner
offered is regularly employed by attorneys who are discussing the contents of statutes.Roe
v. Wade was decided in large measures on the penumbras of the U.S. Constitution.As for
"lacuna", well, what can I say?I know what it means and it just kinda, sorta fell out of
my fingers onto the computer screen and took root.The problem with vocabulary is that it
is a double-edged sword, sometimes causing the writer to express himself in a way that is
really terrific, but only to himself.

As for Appendix F, SBT is studying it and intends to file appropriate comments.Those
comments would, of course, review the engineering contained therein as though it was
separated from the remainder of the rebanding plan.As SBT stated in earlier comments, we
believe that engineering solutions imposed on the future operation of
low-site cellularized systems to provide both immediate and long-term interference
resolution is the best course.Therefore, SBT is quite interested in all proposals of this
nature and would appreciate comments here on the forum to discuss those recommendations
whether in association with the PWC plan or apart from it.I, therefore, ask for comments
from forum members that would be helpful in this regard.

I can say, personally, that I laud all efforts to discover a means to impose
neighbor-friendly operations among 800 MHz licensees, without regard to size, use,
lobbying staff, or really neat ads on television.I guess that I'm still stuck in the world
where a license is a license is a license, with no one authorization more important than
another, with no one operator obtaining greater rights than another, and with no one's
rights left behind.Insofar as necessary protections can be built from Appendix F,
great.Insofar as Appendix F requires the remainder of the plan, well....

Robert Schwaninger

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/