Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Posted to the site on 16-Jan-03

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 02:36:43 -0500

16-Jan-03

Church warns about mobile phone porn

The Baptist Union of Scotland, a Christian church organization has warned its churches to
be careful about allowing mobile phone masts to be mounted on their property. The issue is
not fears of the health effects, or claims of selling out to Mammon - but concerns that
the transmitters may be sending porn to mobile phones.
In an advisory published in the Church's newsletter, BUS News, they warn that "The Union
has received information recently that a mobile phone operator intends to market
pornographic “adult” services as part of the next generation of mobile services they offer
to their customers. Churches who have been or may be approached by operators who wish to
use their building to site their masts are advised to check the range of services offered
by such companies in case they find themselves complicit in something with they would not
wish to be associated. The Union can be contacted should a church require any further
information."
One the one mobile operator is planning adult services ? We thought they all wanted to
enter that market !

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/