Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Latest 800 Interference Report

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 13:02:40 -0500

-------- Original Message --------
From: "Ron Haraseth" <[email-masked]>
Subject:  Latest 800 Interference Report

Note: This report relates to the interference received by a repeater and
may or may not be directly caused by the typical 800 PS/CMRS
interference mechanism.

Ron

Note:  an updated complete text file of all reports to date are located
at: http://www.apco911.org/frequency/project_39/downloads/combined.txt
The update including this entry may follow this original report by a day
or two.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
02/20/03
Location City:....................... Conyers
       County:....................... Rockdale
        State:....................... Georgia
Agency Name:......................... City of Conyers Police
Type of service:..................... Police, Public Works
Service coverage area:............... City
Population estimate:................. 11,000
Is interference Annoying:............ Yes
Is interference Harmful:............  Yes
Type of PS System:................... Conventional
Band:................................     
Identified interference:............. Unknown
Interference been reported to:.......   Commercial Provider
Has interference been resolved:...... No
If, how:

Descriptive Narrative
On December 05, 2002 we began to receive interference on our main
dispatch channel.  This interference was intermittent at first and then
began to occur all of the time forcing us to no longer use out main
dispatch channel.  This interference is something mixing with our
transmit frequency of 854.0875 and hanging up our repeater.  Some of the
time you can hear analog traffic while the repeater is hung up, but you
are unable to make out the conversation.  Since this interference began,
we have all components of our tower and equipment checked by Motorola
and they have advised us that the interference is not caused by our
equipment, and will be an outside source.  I have contacted several RF
Engineers with all cellular providers in our area, and they are working
on it from their end.  If anyone has experienced this type of
interference problem in the past and may be able to assist us in any way
to resolve this issue, all help would be appreciated.

Technical Contact Name:.............. Trish Woodward
Technical Contact Title:............. Communications Manager 
Agency:.............................. City of Conyers Police 
Email:............................... [email-masked]

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/