Subject: [NEXTEL-1] FCC creates new unit, shuffles positions

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 18:49:56 -0500

FCC creates new unit, shuffles positions

Feb. 07, 2003 5:28 PM EST

WASHINGTON—The Federal Communications Commission announced a minor shakeup Friday. 

First, is the creation of the Office of Strategic Planning and Policy Analysis, a new
unit—tagged OSP—that will focus on the short- and long-term agency policy objectives as
well as incorporate the policy functions of the now- defunct Office of Plans and Policy. 

Jane Mago will leave her general counsel post to head OSP. Taking her place is John
Rogovin, currently FCC deputy general counsel. Robert Pepper, who was head of the Office
of Plans and Policy, was named chief of policy development in OSP. Pepper will report
directly to Powell. 

Kathleen O’Brien Ham, who was deputy chief of the Wireless Telecommunications Bureau and a
top auction policy official, will be deputy chief of OSP. 

Maureen McLaughlin, who has been serving as senior counsel for law and policy in the FCC
office of general counsel—where she advised the general counsel and FCC Chairman Michael
Powell on wireless policy and spectrum management issues—was named chief of staff of OSP. 

“For some time, I have seen the need for better strategic coordination among and across
the commission’s bureaus and offices,” said Powell. “The new Office of Strategic Planning
and Policy Analysis will give the commission the ability to achieve this goal while, at
the same time, continuing the tradition of sophisticated and timely policy analysis and
development.” 

http://rcrnews.com/cgi-bin/news.pl?newsId=7032

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/