Subject: [NEXTEL-1] **The 900 MHz Industrial User Group- A MUST READ**

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 18:11:27 -0500

The 900 MHz Industrial User Group

Pro Tec Communications, Inc. Cobb Electric Membership Corp.
Shell Oil Products USA Jackson Electric Membership Corp.
Star Crystal Communications, Inc. National Rural Electrification
Cooperative Association
America West Airlines, Inc.

February 10, 2003

I. INTRODUCTION

The 900 MHz Industrial Users Group submits comments in the above captioned
proceeding 1 to convey our concerns regarding the effects the proposed plan would have
on incumbent licensees in the 900 MHz band. Allowing Nextel to relocate its operations
onto 900 MHz channels under current or proposed plans could migrate the entire
interference problem existing on 800 MHz to innocent incumbent licensees on the other
band. The result of this action could affect the public's health and welfare in the case
of
critical infrastructure users (specifically, electric utility cooperatives) and could
potentially wipe out small businesses that have relied on Commission-granted protected
frequencies. In no case should Nextel or any other entity be allowed to migrate a low
site, high power cellular-like deployed system into the 900 MHz band without adhering
to common-sense technical and regulatory guidelines. This comment will provide
suggestions for those guidelines.

The members of the 900 MHz Industrial Users Group consist of a variety of
business entities, including small businesses, a disadvantaged/women-owned business,
two electric utility cooperatives, an airline, and a petrochemical producer/refiner.

http://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/prod/ecfs/retrieve.cgi?native_or_pdf=pdf&id_document=6513410708
--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/