Subject: [mobile-ip] Separate lists for v4 and v6?

From: Bjorn Andersson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 10:30:58 +0200

Hi,

I would like to have separate mailing lists for MIPv4 and MIPv6. The
discussions held on the current list are seldom applicable to both
MIPv4 and MIPv6. I believe the target audience for v4 and v6 are
mainly two distinct groups: MIPv4 is a relatively mature protocol with
several commercial and real-life deployments, while MIPv6 is still in
a more a less development and experimental phase. Having two lists
would make it easier to follow the development of both protocols.
Alternatively (instead of two lists) it could be mandated that each
message should have 'MIPv4' or 'MIPv6' in the subject line. I don't
however know how this could be easily enforced.

What is the rest of the WG's feeling on the matter?

  Bjorn

-- 
Bjorn Andersson <[email-masked]>
PGP id 5AFC144B
Mobile +358 40 7723074

---

From: "James Kempf" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 08:45:59 -0800

At the last IETF, a reorganization of the IETF Mobile IP work was announced, in
which the working group will be split into two: one group to discuss
operational/deployment issues and another to discuss design issues. I presume,
in the course of further discussion, the mailing list will be split when the
working group is split.

            jak

---

From: gabriel montenegro <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 00:19:24 +0100

Yes, we're currently planning such a slot for San Francisco.
We're discussing with our AD, and should have an announcement shortly.

-gabriel

-- 
Gabriel Montenegro (Sun Microsystems Laboratories, Europe)
180, Avenue de l'Europe          Email: [email-masked]
ZIRST de Montbonnot              Mobile: +33 673 99 56 62
38334 Saint Ismier CEDEX, France
Office: +33 476 18 80 45 (sun internal: x38045)
Fax:    +33 476 18 88 88