Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Sorrent Announces DuraTrax Mobile RC

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 13:32:37 -0500

http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/f_headline.cgi?bw.021203/230430094

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

BW0094 FEB 12,2003 6:30 PACIFIC 09:30 EASTERN

( BW)(CA-SORRENT) Sorrent Announces DuraTrax Mobile RC -- The First
R/C Racing Game for Wireless Phones; Real-Time R/C Racing Game
Features Popular Cars from DuraTrax

Business Editors & Entertainment/High-Tech Writers

SAN MATEO, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Feb. 12, 2003--You've raced
cars on a console, PC, handheld game player and even by radio control,
but you've never raced R/C cars like this. Sorrent(TM), a leading
creator and publisher of games for wireless devices, and DuraTrax, a
division of Hobbico, Inc., the world's leading radio control model and
hobby company, today announced a partnership which brings the action
and excitement of DuraTrax R/C cars to wireless phones. DuraTrax(R)
Mobile RC* is available now from major U.S. carriers, including AT&T
Wireless, and Nextel.

"DuraTrax fans will love this game," said Mark Williams, senior
product development manager for Hobbico. "Sorrent's attention to
detail and excitement -- from smoking engines and oil slicks to power
ups and exploding vehicles -- delivers enough action for even the
staunchest racing fan and fun for all."

DuraTrax(R) Mobile RC(TM) gamers can choose from three skill
levels, two steering modes, three distinct tracks of varying levels of
difficulty and three authentically simulated DuraTrax RC vehicles: the
Evader BX(TM) off-road buggy, Evader ST(TM) stadium racing truck, and
ThunderQuake(TM) car crusher. Each recreation includes the same
action-packed features as its real-life counterpart.

"DuraTrax Mobile RC was developed for anyone who loves the thrill
of the race," said Scott Orr, CEO and chief creative officer at
Sorrent. "With collisions, flying debris, pile ups and dramatic
explosions, this may be the most fun you've ever had with a cell
phone."

DuraTrax Mobile RC is available to purchase and download on both
Java and BREW enabled phones, via major US wireless carriers. For more
information on DuraTrax Mobile RC, visit www.sorrent.com.

About DuraTrax

DuraTrax(R) is a division of Hobbico, Inc., the world's largest
model hobby company, which develops, manufactures and markets radio
control and other model hobby products. The broad DuraTrax product
line includes on-road, off-road, 2- and 4-wheel drive cars and trucks
that appeal to modelers of all ages and interests. For more
information on DuraTrax products, please visit: www.duratrax.com.

About Sorrent

Sorrent is a leading creator and publisher of connected,
interactive games for wireless and Internet-capable devices. With its
proprietary convergent game platform, Convergence Everywhere Live(TM),
Sorrent allows both mobile and land-based hardware to communicate
simultaneously via the Internet. Sorrent games are produced by Sorrent
Studios and marketed in partnership with global brands such as
FOXSports.com, The X-Files and Yao Ming. Currently, Sorrent games are
available on major US wireless carriers including Verizon Wireless,
AT&T Wireless, Cingular, Nextel and Sprint. Sorrent has set the
standard for wireless sports games with its solo and multiplayer games
that are connected, persistent and convergent. Headquartered in San
Mateo, Calif., Sorrent is funded by NEA and Sienna Ventures. For more
information, visit www.sorrent.com.

Sorrent, We Create. You Play. Everywhere, and Mobile RC are
trademarks of Sorrent, Inc.

DuraTrax, The Evader BX, The Evader ST and The Thunder Quake are
trademarks of Hobbico, Inc.

--30--NJ/sf*

CONTACT: Principia Group for Sorrent
Chris Clark, 415/503-3925
[email-masked]
or
Hobbico, Inc.
Heather Rose, 217/398-3630 ext. 1433
[email-masked]

KEYWORD: CALIFORNIA
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: TELECOMMUNICATIONS HARDWARE ENTERTAINMENT
ELECTRONIC GAMES/MULTIMEDIA AUTOMOTIVE PRODUCT
SOURCE: Sorrent

©2003