Subject: Re: [NEXTEL-1] SMARTLINK, PETE'S COMM, WECOM & Others Comment In Support o...

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 16:53:20 EST

In a message dated 2/14/2003 3:14:04 PM Eastern Standard Time, 
[email-masked] writes:

> My point is ARNIC may not be speaking for the airlines: i.e- 
>  ARINC which claims to speak for the airlines (united included) supports 
> the plan,  recently Tommy P. from United  publicly urged the FCC to reject 
> the plan. 
> 
> Did he change his mind? 
> 
> Or is this a "Miscommunication"? 
> 
> 

Well, if that were the case, ARINC's personnel's butts would have been chewed 
out at their meeting two weeks ago in Miami.  I'm not a part of those Board 
meetings.  And, if that were the case, why aren't they filing individually?  
Laura and I educate them on the proceeding at EVERY quarterly meeting?  
Sounds like you're chasing ghosts.

At United (probably a lot of large corporations) when you get up the food 
chain they have no clue about the nuts and bolts.  It frustrates the heck out 
of me when I work for these large corporations that every six months or year 
the radio guys get a new boss, and then they need me to explain why they need 
radio (etc. etc. etc.) to this cost-cutting new boss all over again.  Having 
said that, those particular comments refer to the original Nextel plan.  
Under the Consensus Plan, United has to retune a single frequency (maybe two, 
I don't have that info handy) in Denver.

Alan

---

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 17:15:49 -0500

If so the people at  United are circulating the same data. Maybe the Old boss did not tell
the New boss? It was just posted on 2/10/03.

[email-masked] wrote:

>  Having said that, those particular comments refer to the original Nextel plan.
>
> Alan