Subject: [NEXTEL-1] City Places Thornton On Leave In Suit's Wake

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 21:14:15 -0500

City Places Thornton On Leave In Suit's Wake

Source: Greensboro News Record
Publication date: 2003-02-08

Though city officials would not discuss the move, it comes on the heels of a lawsuit filed
in Randolph County Superior Court this week against both the City of Trinity and Thornton.

Allen Hodges and Don Baker - two Trinity residents who filed the suit - allege the city
and city manager failed to provide complete documentation requested under a public records
search.
Hodges and Baker are seeking copies of phone records for Thornton's city-issued Nextel
cellular from June 2001 to Dec. 31, 2002. The lawsuit claims the records the city provided
did not include detailed call information.

The city has hired an outside firm to handle the case instead of using its city attorney
because the city is named in the lawsuit. Lawyers from the Charlotte office of Cranfill,
Sumner and Hartzog are representing the city, said Bob Wilhoit, the city's attorney.
Publication date: 2003-02-08

http://cnniw.yellowbrix.com/pages/cnniw/Story.nsp?story_id=36530828&ID=cnniw&scategory=Business+and+Finance&

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/