Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel, How business gets done. Let me tell you how much business I'm getting done, none!

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 06:00:33 -0500

Nextel Order

To: Nextel Communications

Nextel, How business gets done. Let me tell you how much business I'm getting done, none!

The world thrives on communication today, which is why I'm so upset with the customer
service at Nextel Communications. Quite honestly, I'm furious about this issue.

Here's my complaint: I was a Sprint PCS customer for 3 years but their coverage in Boston
and particularly in my apartment was so bad, I had to change. My friends have cell phones
from various providers but the only one that seems to work in my basement apartment is
Nextel so I decided to switch to them

Last Sunday (1/20) I went to www.nextel.com and purchased a phone and a service plan
comparable to the one I had with Sprint (order number ws-X). I received the phone in the
mail on 1/23 and was impressed with the speed of delivery even with the holiday. I took
the phone out of the box, charged it, turned it on and wow! It was working I was so
impressed I made some outgoing and incoming test calls and assumed all was good. The phone
number was 617-X

The next day at work (1/24) I emailed all my business associates and friends to inform
them of my new phone number, I changed my sprint voicemail greeting to tell people I would
be shutting that phone off soon and to call me at my new number. Later in the day on 1/24
a friend called me on my landline at work to inform me my new phone number was not
working. I too confirmed this by calling it. I figured it was some glitch so I called
Nextel when I got home and they informed me my service had been cancelled!

I was upset but not mad figuring they could just turn it back on. Yes no problem Mr Ardini
was what I was told. We can get your service restored by Monday and you can keep the same
phone number. This was Thursday I was surprised it took 4 days (2 business days) to
restore my service where I was able to get a phone turned on by sprint in 5 to 10 minutes
I was a little upset but I figured I would get over it. Customer care reference number: X,
Nextel 6 Reference Number X.

Monday arrives and still no service. I call them up and give them the reference number for
the reactivation and nobody seems to know what is going on much less care. I spent 2 hours
on the phone Monday night, explained my situation to 3 different departments (Customer
Care, Sales, and Nextel 6) I talked to no less than 6 people and 2 supervisors.

The last person I spoke to informed me the activation request had gone through but did not
have a plan associated with it. He said he could put it through again but it would take 2
more business days and he could not guarantee I would keep the same phone number. This
made me upset since I had already given the number out to people and I needed cell phone
service to function just like any other professional in the world today. I informed the
rep of the way I felt and he said there was nothing he could do. I said, "there must be
something", "no nothing" back and forth. I asked for the supervisor again and was put on
hold for a while. The rep came back and informed me he could send an email to the person
who does reactivations and have him do it in the next few hours. This was good to hear so
I said
fine.

This was last night. Here I am still with no service and still on hold. I started writing
this email at the beginning of my hold time while the service rep went to look up my
information and swore I would stop if they could fix it. Well Nextel too late. Hopefully
you can help me get my situation figured out. I really am stuck since I can't use anybody
else due to the service level in my apartment.

I'll definitely tell other people about my negative experience so they can avoid it in the
future.

Here's what I'd like to see happen:

Make my phone work and compensate me for the numerouse hours I have wasted trying to get
it to work even though it was once working and then you cancelled it for no reason without
telling me. Also all the people I know and do business with can not reach me and haven't
been able to for almost a week!

I hope you get back to me soon. In this age of modern communication, seemingly simple
things should not go unresolved. I'll expect a response within 10 business days.

My old cell phone which is still turned on can be used to reach me at X

From:
Andrew A.
Boston, MA

http://www.planetfeedback.com/Wireless/Nextel/Nextel-wireless_letters/Nextel-wireless_19.html

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/