Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Wireless Design Online Newsletter

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 15:34:18 -0500

================================================================
Wireless Design Online Newsletter - http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com
Thursday, February 27, 2003
================================================================
 
-------------------------
FEATURED DOWNLOAD
-------------------------
 
New to the Wireless Design Online download library is Trilithic's High Power Attenuators
catalog. The NEW HFP-series of high power fixed attenuators have been redesigned to extend
the frequency range to 3 GHz, and provide lower VSWR and accuracy in a smaller package.
Standard dB values (1, 2, 3, 6, 10, 20 and 30 dB) are available with N male to N female
connectors. Click here to download the catalog in pdf format:
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/14588/793725

------------------------------------- 
FEATURED ARTICLES
-------------------------------------  
 
1) Technical Feature: Capacitors in Broadband Applications
2) Application Note: Performing RF Surveys
3) Endwave Acquires Certain Assets of Arcom Wireless 
 
---------------------------------------
 
1) Technical Feature: Capacitors in Broadband Applications
 
In today's rapidly expanding RF and microwave markets, numerous designs must operate over
multiple octaves of frequency spectrum. This article will explore various ways to
accommodate broadband application designs with the proper selection of capacitive
elements....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/14575/793725
 
2) Application Note: Performing RF Surveys
 
Why Do You Need To Perform Surveys? Surveys are performed for various reasons, such as:
new or modified installations, changes in the previously surveyed environment, changes in
the levels of emitted power or limits, and at the request of personnel or management....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/14576/793725
 
3) Endwave Acquires Certain Assets of Arcom Wireless 
 
SUNNYVALE, Calif., Feb 26, 2003 /PRNewswire-FirstCall via COMTEX/ -- Endwave Corporation
(Nasdaq: ENWV), a leading provider of radio frequency (RF) subsystems for carrier-class,
broadband wireless access and backhaul networks, today announced the acquisition of
certain broadband assets of Arcom Wireless Inc., a subsidiary of Dover Corporation (NYSE:
DOV)....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/14577/793725

------------------------------------- 
FEATURED PRODUCTS
-------------------------------------
  
1) ICS-660B Four-Channel 105 MHz DAC
2) Quadrature Combiner
3) LNA/Mixer/Downconverter
4) EMSight Electromagnetic Simulator 
5) Continuously Variable Clock Recovery
6) Wideband Amp ICs
7) LED Backlight
8) Diplexers and Multidiplexers
9) Component Oven
10) BOOSTCAP(R) Ultracapacitors
 
---------------------------------------
 
1) ICS-660B Four-Channel 105 MHz DAC
 
The ICS-660B is designed to work with DC-60-M1 / M2 Digital Up Converters (DUC) along with
a DAC-DUC combination enabling researchers to generate up to 16 wide-band carriers for
multi-carrier operations. The ICS-660B represents a significant leap ahead of competition
and raises the bar in the field of Waveform Research....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/14578/793725
 
2) Quadrature Combiner
 
The Model 12A2ND-3N quadrature combiner can be used for either coherent or non-coherent
combining of two high power transmitters with minimum loss. The modular construction
allows cascading units to form 4-way and 8-way combiners....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/14579/793725
 
3) LNA/Mixer/Downconverter
 
The RF2448 is a receiver front-end designed for the receive section of digital
communication handsets. With a frequency range of 1500MHz-2200MHz, it is suitable for use
in CDMA, TDMA or GSM systems in the PCS band....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/14580/793725
 
4) EMSight Electromagnetic Simulator 
 
EMSight is a Windows 98/Me and Windows NT/2000/XP based electromagnetic simulator for
analyzing and the behavior of high-frequency, RF and microwave circuits and antennas.
EMSight can analyze arbitrary planar circuits including interconnecting vias on an
unlimited number of dielectric layers with an unlimited number of ports....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/14581/793725
 
5) Continuously Variable Clock Recovery
 
Elcom's series VSCR enables clock recovery from NRZ and RZ data stream by automatically
adjusting to any data rate within the unit operating range of 9.95 to 10.75 Gbps. An
optional rate of 9.95 to 12.55 Gbps is also available. Data rates of 20 and 40 Gbps are
under development....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/14582/793725
 
6) Wideband Amp ICs
 
The NEC silicon 5-V amplifier ICs are now housed in ultraminiature 6-pin "TB" packages
instead of the older "T" design. The parts now measure 2.0 x 1.25 x 0.9 mm. Model
UPC2708TB serves as a gain stage in receivers and tuners, featuring 15-d B gain, a 6.5-dB
noise figure, and +10-dBm saturated power....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/14583/793725
 
7) LED Backlight
 
A form of backlighting for small to medium size LCDs that use surface mount LEDs on a
substrate with a light diffuser over the top. In side backlights LEDs are placed at each
end of the module and light is directed into the center....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/14584/793725
 
8) Diplexers and Multidiplexers
 
Reactel, Incorporated offers the latest in state of the art diplexers and multiplexers
using Suspended Substrate Technology. This allows us to provide our customers with high
performance filters with low loss and high isolation. Our diplexers and multiplexers are
available with standard crossovers, and with highpass, lowpass or bandpass sections
throughout....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/14585/793725
 
9) Component Oven
 
Corning's Component Oven is a small electronic device that will reduce the variation in
temperature for a component or circuit by a factor of 10 to 100. With the increasing
demand for more accuracy in electronic equipment, it is often found that the performance
of a component or circuit over a given temperature range is not adequate....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/14586/793725
 
10) BOOSTCAP(R) Ultracapacitors
 
Maxwell Technologies' Boostcap ultracapacitor products are the world's leading
high-performance production ultracapacitors. As compared to batteries, Boostcap cells
deliver up to 10 times the power, last up to 10 times as long, operate more reliably in
high- and low-temperature conditions, require far less maintenance and reduce
environmental issues associated with battery disposal....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/14587/793725

==========================================================
WIRELESS SOLUTIONS
IIR Telecommunications and Technology conferences focus on wireless solutions, including
profitability and next-generation strategies, indoor coverage and capacity, prepaid
services, WLANs and WiFi technologies, and more. We encourage you to visit IIR Telecoms
and technology's web site for a complete listing of upcoming events!
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/14590/793725
 
==========================================================
GENERATE LEADS
The VertMarkets Marketplace Manager is a self-service marketing tool that extends your
existing online marketing activities and lets you generate qualified sales leads for your
products.  To learn more please visit us at:  
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/content/vertpages/MarketplaceManager.asp?comingfrom=news_online_foot

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
New Yahoo! Mail Plus. More flexibility. More control. More power.
Get POP access, more storage, more filters, and more.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Hcb0iA/P.iFAA/46VHAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/