Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Job Opening - Electric Utility

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 11:39:36 -0500

-------- Original Message --------
From: "jcullus <[email-masked]>" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Job Opening - Electric Utility

The National Grid USA family of companies includes five electricity 
distribution companies: Niagara Mohawk, Massachusetts Electric, 
Narragansett Electric, Granite State Electric, and Nantucket 
Electric. The distribution companies operate and maintain 
distribution power lines and substations; provide metering, billing, 
and customer services; design and build distribution-related 
facilities; and provide related products and services including 
energy efficiency programs for customers. In addition, Niagara Mohawk 
provides natural gas delivery to roughly 540,000 customers in upstate 
New York.

National Grid has the following job opening in its Brockton, MA 
facility:

Job Code: 128
Associate Telecommunications Technician or Telecommunications 
Technician:
 
Requirements:  

·	ASEE or ASET Degree in Electrical or Electronic Engineering 
from a recognized school.
·	Demonstrated analytical skills, ingenuity, and mechanical 
ability.
·	Familiarity with Federal Communications Commission 
regulations. An FCC General Radiotelephone License or equivalent 
industry certification must be obtained within one year.
·	Capability to work effectively under pressure to solve 
problems and complete projects on time while constantly maintaining a 
safe work environment
·	Ability to work well in a team environment and to exercise 
effective verbal and written communication skills
·	A valid Massachusetts driver's license. 
.
Will be required to work from ladders or bucket trucks and may be 
required to work outside in inclement weather.  Must be available to 
respond to system emergencies and be available for overtime as 
needed. Overnight travel may be required to meet department workloads 
and training requirements.  The incumbent must qualify for the 
National Grid Red Tag List and have the ability and motivation to 
progress in grade. A working knowledge of personal computers with 
operating systems from DOS to Windows is desirable. 

Job Description:

Perform tasks under minimal supervision relating to the installation, 
calibration and maintenance of a wide range of telecommunications and 
control equipment including mobile radio, fiber optic, analog and 
digital microwave systems, energy metering systems, and remote 
terminal units (RTU's).  Install, test and repair electronic 
equipment operating from audio to microwave frequencies using 
standard industry tools and test equipment, including but not limited 
to hand tools, voltmeters, level meters, service monitors, signal 
generators, spectrum analyzers and test sets.  Develop 
troubleshooting skills to logically analyze and quickly resolve 
system problems. Accurately and completely document diagrams and 
maintain test records in a timely manner as required by the company 
and regulatory agencies including the state and federal government. 

Please reply through National Grid USA's website at: 
http://www.nationalgrid.com/usa/  Please reference Job Code 128.

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/