Subject: [NEXTEL-1] NII Holdings to Begin Trading on the NASDAQ National Stock Market Under Ticker Symbol NIHD

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 03:21:16 -0500

NII Holdings to Begin Trading on the NASDAQ National Stock Market Under Ticker Symbol NIHD

Business Editors

RESTON, Va.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Feb. 27, 2003--NII Holdings, Inc. (Nasdaq:NIHD), a
leading provider of mobile communications for business customers in Latin America, today
announced that it expects to begin trading on NASDAQ National Market System(R) under the
ticker
symbol NIHD on Friday, February 28, 2003. NII Holdings Inc. common stock had previously
been
traded on the NASDAQ OTC (over-the-counter) market under the same trading symbol.

About NII Holdings, Inc.

NII Holdings, Inc., a publicly held company based in Reston, Va., is a leading provider of
mobile
communications for business customers in Latin America. NII Holdings, Inc. has operations
in
Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Mexico and Peru, offering a fully integrated wireless
communications tool
with digital cellular service, text/numeric paging, wireless Internet access and Nextel
Direct
Connect(R), a digital two-way radio feature. NII Holdings, Inc. trades on the
over-the-counter
market under the symbol NIHD. Visit the Company's website at
(http://www.nextelinternational.com)

Nextel, the Nextel logo, Nextel Online, Nextel Business Networks and Nextel Direct Connect
are
trademarks and/or service marks of Nextel Communications, Inc.

"Safe Harbor" Statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. A
number of
the matters and subject areas discussed in this press release that are not historical or
current facts
deal with potential future circumstances and developments. The discussion of such matters
and
subject areas is qualified by the inherent risks and uncertainties surrounding future
expectations
generally, and also may materially differ from NII Holdings' actual future experience
involving any one
or more of such matters and subject areas. NII Holdings has attempted to identify, in
context, certain
of the factors that it currently believes may cause actual future experience and results
to differ from
NII Holdings' current expectations regarding the relevant matter or subject area. Such
risks and
uncertainties include the economic conditions in our targeted markets, performance of our
technologies, timely development and delivery of new technologies, competitive conditions,
market
acceptance of our services, access to sufficient capital to meet operating and financing
needs and
those that are described from time to time in NII Holdings' reports filed with the SEC,
including NII
Holdings' annual report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2001 and its
subsequent
quarterly reports on Form 10-Q. This press release speaks only as of its date, and NII
Holdings
disclaims any duty to update the information herein.

--30--BL/mi*

CONTACT: NII Holdings, Inc., Reston
Catherine E. Neel, 703/390-5173
[email-masked]
or
Media Relations:
Claudia E. Restrepo, 786/251-7020
[email-masked]

http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/f_headline.cgi?bw.022703/230585596&ticker=NIHD
--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/