Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Marcel (NMI) Charles Fined $10,000.00 operation of an unlicensed radio station.

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2003 14:19:56 -0500

Before the
Federal Communications Commission
Washington, D.C. 20554

In the Matter of

Marcel (NMI) Charles      File No.: EB-02-TP-264
AKA Marcel M. Charles     NAL/Acct. No. 200232700021
AKA Mariel M. Charles     FRN 0007-3086-12
AKA Joseph M. Charles
Immokalee, Florida

FORFEITURE ORDER

Adopted:  January 31, 2003      Released:  February 4, 2003

By the Chief, Enforcement Bureau:

1. In this Forfeiture Order (“Order”), we issue a monetary forfeiture in the amount of ten
thousand dollars ($10,000) to Marcel (NMI) Charles, a.k.a. Marcel M. Charles, a.k.a.
Mariel M. Charles, a.k.a. Joseph M. Charles (“Mr. Charles”) for willful violation of
Section 301 of the Communications Act of 1934, as amended (“Act”).  The noted violation
involves Mr. Charles’s operation of an unlicensed radio station on the frequency 103.3
MHz.

 2. On August 5, 2002, the District Director of the Commission’s Tampa, Florida Field
Office (“Tampa Office”) issued a Notice of Apparent Liability for Forfeiture (“NAL”) in
the amount of $10,000 to Mr. Charles.   Mr. Charles has not filed a response to the NAL.
Based on the information before us, we affirm the forfeiture.

 3. ACCORDINGLY, IT IS ORDERED THAT, pursuant to Section 503(b) of the Communications Act
of 1934, as amended (“Act”),  and Sections 0.111, 0.311 and 1.80(f)(4) of the Rules,
Marcel Charles IS LIABLE FOR A MONETARY FORFEITURE in the amount of $10,000 for willfully
violating Section 301 of the Act.

 4. Payment of the forfeiture shall be made in the manner provided for in Section 1.80 of
the Rules within 30 days of the release of this Order.  If the forfeiture is not paid
within the period specified, the case may be referred to the Department of Justice for
collection pursuant to Section 504(a) of the Act.   Payment shall be made by mailing a
check or similar instrument, payable to the order of the “Federal Communications
Commission,” to the Federal Communications Commission, P.O. Box 73482, Chicago, Illinois
60673-7482.  The payment should note NAL/Acct. No. 200232700021 and FRN 0007-3086-12.
Requests for full payment under an installment plan should be sent to: Chief, Revenue and
Receivables Operations Group, 445 12th Street, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20554.

 5.    IT IS FURTHER ORDERED THAT a copy of this Order shall be sent by first class mail
and certified mail, return receipt requested, to Marcel Charles, 414 11th Street SE,
Immokalee, Florida  34142 and 203 W. Main Street, Immokalee, Florida  34142.

     FEDERAL COMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION

     David H. Solomon
     Chief, Enforcement Bureau

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/