Subject: [NEXTEL-1] PROP-L:Re: IEEE C95.1 MPE Modeling

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 15:48:07 -0500

-------- Original Message --------
From: Robert Weller <[email-masked]>
Subject: PROP-L:Re: IEEE C95.1 MPE Modeling

Hello Doug,

The FCC adopted generally the exposure limits specified in NCRP Report 
No. 86, not C95.1.  The limits are different at some frequencies.

With regard to site evaluations, the FCC has established so-called 
"categorical exclusions" for some facilities with a low probability of 
creating a large hazard area.  Such facilities are NOT required to 
submit an MPE study to the FCC, although the facility is nonetheless 
required to COMPLY with the exposure guidelines.

At some multiuser sites, measurements are taken to demonstrate 
compliance.  At others, computer modeling is used.  There are several 
vendors of software for calculating MPE levels at multi-user sites.  
One such vendor is at:

http://www.radhaz.com/

Because there are many "special cases" not considered by commercial 
software, many consultants, such as myself, have developed proprietary 
software and will certify the results.

Bob Weller

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/