Subject: [NEXTEL-1] More Radio Woes

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 01 Feb 2003 13:54:16 -0500

More Radio Woes
Staci Bivens

The McLean County Sheriff's Office is making some major
changes to help keep its officers and the people they protect
safe.

Second and third shift deputies will now travel in pairs and
depend on cell phones as backup. This comes after continuing
problems with the 911 dispatch radio system.

Sheriff David Owens said his deputies have experienced
problems twice in just one week and he's had enough.

“It was the straw that broke the camel’s back. When I have two
failures in the system in a week, that raises some very serious
concerns,” said McLean County Sheriff David Owens.

Nextel has donated four phones and will sell the county four
more at a discounted price.

A special committee is looking into the radio problem and will
give its recommendations to the county board in March.

http://www.hoinews.com/home/headlines/203936.html

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/