Subject: [mobile-ip] Fast Handover - Network Initiated Handovers

From: "Suvidh Mathur" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 19:37:25 +0530

Hi,

Sorry I could not keep up with the discussions. There are a couple of more
points, I had some doubts about:

1. The Proxy Router Advrtisement message does not contain NAR's IP address.
     How will MN come to know NAR's IP address?

2. The Network Initiated handovers require AR to be aware of the MIP
registrations
    for initiating three - party handover.  Keeping track of status of MIP
registrations (HA -
    CN reg) for each connected MN would certainly be quite difficult. Is it
possible to
    have a workaround? Maybe, MN informing the AR about status of MIP reg?

Regards,
Suvidh

---

From: "James Kempf" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 15:47:33 -0800

>     have a workaround? Maybe, MN informing the AR about status of MIP reg?

Don't think so. The AR only needs to be aware of the tunnel status. If the MN
moves prior to completing the MIP registration, the tunnel end point gets moved.
The current signaling probably needs some work, though, this was taken from an
earlier version of the draft where the signaling was somewhat different.

            jak