Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel to offer two new web-phone services

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 20:22:32 -0500

Nextel to offer two new web-phone services

February 20, 2003 8:14pm

Mobile telecommunications giant Nextel released two new services available through
OnLine, the mobile phone program that enables cellular access to the Internet. The
new services facilitate Internet use via the mobile telephone, said Nayura Rojas,
director of services for Nextel Online in Mexico.The first service, called DataNAT
(Network Address Translator) is focused on the applications where the mobile phone
user initiates, granting the user access to an Internet Protocol (IP) address and
routing the phone to that address. "The routing occurs every time the phone needs to
connect to the business applications via Internet, which means the user can count on
secure connections," Rojas said.She indicated that other applications of this program
are automated localization, workflow administration, online purchasing, inventory
reports and access to databases. The second service, called Data Direct, which is
geared toward applications that require a mixed communication environment. This
program will be used when the IP direction is not given by the user, but rather by the
server.The programs will become available this March. Based on capacity of
information needed, three different plans will be available.

www.securities.com

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/