Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Communications:

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 17:18:36 -0500

1) Cities Rethink Evacuation Plans With Terrorism In Mind
Link to story from the Newhouse News Service:
http://www.newhouse.com/archive/mccutcheon021303.html

2) New York City Subway Using 'Toxic' Tester
Link to article in the New York Post (New York, New York):
http://www.nypost.com/seven/02132003/news/regionalnews/69046.htm

3) 'Smart Card' Gets Seattle Area Transit Agencies' Conditional OK
Link to article in The Seattle Times (Seattle, Washington):
http://archives.seattletimes.nwsource.com/cgi-bin/texis.cgi/web/vortex/display?slug=smartcard12m&date=20030212&query=%22smart+cards%22

4) Japanese Smart Cards Still Looking For Smarter Ideas
Link to Associated Press story in The Detroit News (Detroit, Michigan):
http://www.detnews.com/2003/technology/0302/14/technology-84823.htm

5) Washington Scraps Its Proposal For Border Entry Pre-Notification For Motor Carriers
Link to article In Canadian Transportation & Logistics:
http://www.ctl.ca/article.asp?id=15813

6) Monitoring Freight On The US-Canada Border
Link to article in Access Control & Security Systems:
http://www.industryclick.com/magazinearticle.asp?magazineid=119&releaseid=10960&magazinearticleid=166791&siteid=2

7) Wi-Fi By BT At Dutch Railway Stations?
Link to article from Telecom.paper:
http://www.telecom.paper.nl/index.asp?location=http%3A//www.telecom.paper.nl/site/news_TA.asp%3Ftype%3Dpressrelease%26id%3D25545%26nr%3D662

8) New Station Is Cranking Out The Hits
Ohio DOT providing Route 8 updates on 530 AM.
Link to article in The Beacon Journal (Akron, Ohio):
http://www.ohio.com/mld/ohio/news/5180034.htm

9) Iowa's Dodger Area Rapid Transit Buses To Get High-Tech Additions
Link to article in The Messenger (Fort Dodge, Iowa):
http://www.messengernews.net/top_stories_full.asp?738

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/