Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Wireless Design Online Newsletter

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2003 12:26:27 -0500

================================================================
Wireless Design Online Newsletter - http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com
Tuesday, February 4, 2003
================================================================
 
------------------------------------- 
FEATURED ARTICLES
-------------------------------------  
 
1) Visual System Simulator (VSS) Named EDN 2002 Innovation Of The Year Awards Finalist
2) Peregrine Semiconductor Introduces Family of Military Quality RF ICs
3) Skyworks Unveils the World's Smallest Power Amplifier Modules
 
---------------------------------------
 
1) Visual System Simulator (VSS) Named EDN 2002 Innovation Of The Year Awards Finalist
 
EL SEGUNDO, Calif., February 3, 2003 -- Applied Wave Research, Inc. (AWRTM) a leading
provider of high-frequency electronic design automation (EDA) tools, today announced the
selection of Visual System SimulatorTM (VSS) 2002 communications systems design suite, as
a finalist in the EDN 2002 Innovation of the Year Awards competition...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/9920/793725
 
2) Peregrine Semiconductor Introduces Family of Military Quality RF ICs
 
SAN DIEGO, Feb 3, 2003 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Peregrine Semiconductor, an innovative supplier
of high-performance RF integrated circuits, today announced a family of RF IC products
targeted at military and aerospace applications....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/9921/793725
 
3) Skyworks Unveils the World's Smallest Power Amplifier Modules; New Family of 3mm x 3mm
CDMA PA Modules Reduce Board Space, Lower Costs
 
WOBURN, Mass., Jan 30, 2003 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Skyworks Solutions Inc. today introduced
the System Smart(TM) family of 3mm x 3mm x 1.2mm power amplifier (PA) modules for code
division multiple access (CDMA) cellular handsets, personal communications system (PCS)
and wireless local loop applications....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/9922/793725

-------------------------------------
CONSULTING SERVICES 
-------------------------------------
 
Your projects deserve the best consultants... By using Wireless Design Online's Consulting
Services, you'll find them quickly and easily! GUARANTEED! With performance data on 1,800
pre-qualified firms, this easy-to-use service ensures you'll get the right firm, every
time. Check out our guarantee at:
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/9933/793725

------------------------------------- 
FEATURED PRODUCTS
-------------------------------------
  
1) AC3124C/I Transceivers
2) LED Backlight
3) nFUZION
4) Sub-Assemblies
5) Waveguide To Coax Adapters
6) Advanced Materials 
7) Turbo Package Analyzer
8) Detector Log Video Amplifiers
9) XR1000 17.0-27.0 GHz GaAs MMIC Receiver
10) SonaBeam 155 
 
---------------------------------------
 
1) AC3124C/I Transceivers
 
The ConnexRF AC3124 is a frequency-hopping spread spectrum digital transceiver radio
operating in the 2.402 to 2.478 GHz license-free band. It is specifically designed for
high-volume OEMs to integrate into their systems, and provides highly reliable RF wireless
data communication....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/9923/793725
 
2) LED Backlight
 
A form of backlighting for small to medium size LCDs that use surface mount LEDs on a
substrate with a light diffuser over the top. In side backlights LEDs are placed at each
end of the module and light is directed into the center...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/9924/793725
 
3) nFUZION
 
The FUZION range of application ready platforms from I-Bus/Phoenix have been designed as
flexible building block platforms to address the present and future needs of converging
technologies in the global marketplace. FUZION comprises scalable, reliable, open
standards-based solutions designed to leverage our customers added value into the
market...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/9925/793725
 
4) Sub-Assemblies
 
Reactel, Incorporated has developed a line of integrated sub-assemblies. We can combine
any number of our filters with our switches to make a switched filter bank, this
configuration offers the reliability of our filter and switch products, and convenience of
one package....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/9926/793725
 
5) Waveguide To Coax Adapters
 
ATM manufactures waveguide to coax adapters with a full frequency range for rectangular
waveguides, double ridge waveguides, with other flange types available....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/9927/793725
 
6) Advanced Materials 
 
Advanced Materials is a leading manufacturer and fabricator of specialty foams, foils,
films and pressure-sensitive adhesive components serving a broad base of domestic and
international customers in the computer, medical, automotive, aerospace and
telecommunications industries....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/9934/793725
 
7) Turbo Package Analyzer
 
The Turbo Package Analyzer is an advanced fully automated parasitic extraction program for
advanced IC packaging and a member of the family of Signal Integrity analysis software
tools. The product offers the optimal mix of automation, design flexibility, and ease of
use for complex Ball Grid Arrays (BGAs)....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/9928/793725
 
8) Detector Log Video Amplifiers
 
MITEQ's FBLA series of detector log video amplifiers offer ultra-broadband units with
frequencies from 0.5 to 2 GHz, 2 to 4 GHz, and 4 to 8 GHz with logarithmic linearity of
+/- 1.5 dB maximum...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/9929/793725
 
9) XR1000 17.0-27.0 GHz GaAs MMIC Receiver
 
Mimix Broadband's 17.0-27.0 GHz GaAs MMIC receiver has a typical small signal conversion
gain of 10.0 dB with a typical noise figure of 3.5 dB and 15.0 dB typical image rejection
across the band. The device is a three stage LNA followed by an image reject fundamental
mixer using Lange couplers to improve bandwidth. Downloadable pdf datasheet available...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/9930/793725
 
10) SonaBeam 155 
 
Interference free, optical wireless links from 155 to 1,250 mbps. SONAbeam's proven 1550nm
laser technology delivers 5 times the transmit power over any in its product class. And
power is important, when it means assuring beam integrity in order to deliver reliable
laser transmission...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/9931/793725

==========================================================
WIRELESS SOLUTIONS
IIR Telecommunications and Technology conferences focus on wireless solutions, including
profitability and next-generation strategies, indoor coverage and capacity, prepaid
services, WLANs and WiFi technologies, and more. We encourage you to visit IIR Telecoms
and technology's web site for a complete listing of upcoming events!
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/9935/793725
 
==========================================================
GENERATE LEADS
The VertMarkets Marketplace Manager is a self-service marketing tool that extends your
existing online marketing activities and lets you generate qualified sales leads for your
products.  To learn more please visit us at:  
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/content/vertpages/MarketplaceManager.asp?comingfrom=news_online_foot
 
==========================================================
FREE TRADE PUBLICATIONS 
Browse from the extensive list of trade publications by industry, title, key word or
geographic eligibility to find the titles that best match your skills and interests. All
of the magazines are absolutely free of charge, no hidden fees, no soft or trial offers,
and no obligation.   
http://verticalnet.tradepub.com/main/main.html
 
==========================================================
CAREER SERVICES
Wireless Design Online has partnered with Artemis HR to bring you targeted resume and job
search capabilities.  Visit today:
http://www.careermag.com

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/