Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Communications

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 19:06:19 -0500

1) Hawaii, Honolulu At Odds Over New Traffic Management Center
Link to article in The Honolulu Advertiser (Honolulu, Hawaii):
http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/article/2003/Feb/24/ln/ln06a.html

2) ITS Industry Gathers To Chart A Course For The Integrated Network of Transportation
Information
Link to story from ITS America:
http://www.itsa.org/itsnews.nsf/$All/D0C91F26179FA94C85256CD5004CC893?OpenDocument

3) Amtrak Info Problem
Railroad needs to do a better job providing information during weather emergencies.
Link to editorial in The Providence Journal (Providence, Rhode Island):
http://www.projo.com/opinion/editorials/content/projo_20030221_21edam.5a4f2.html

4) Singapore Rail Line Driverless, But Many Eyes Keep Watch
Link to article in The Straits Times (Singapore):
http://straitstimes.asia1.com.sg/singapore/story/0,4386,173470,00.html

5) Virginia DOT To Launch Web Site With Road Updates
Link to article in The Virginian-Pilot (Norfolk, Virginia):
http://www.pilotonline.com/news/nw0223dot.html

6) Subaru Cars To Adopt Toyota Telematics System
Link to Reuters story via Yahoo Finance:
http://biz.yahoo.com/rc/030224/autos_toyota_subaru_1.html
Link to news release from Toyota:
http://www.toyota.co.jp/IRweb/corp_info/pr/2003/0224.html

7) February Issue Of Florida DOT's SunGuide Disseminator Online
Articles include:
-  Update: SunGuide Transportation Management Center
-  Digital Traffic Systems, Inc. Releases Smart Camera Product
-  How ITS Can Address Transportation Policy Objectives
http://www.floridaits.com/Newsletters/2003/02-2003_Newsletter/02-2003_Newsletter.htm

8) Homeland Security Must Focus On Trucks
Link to article in the San Antonio Business Journal:
http://www.bizjournals.com/sanantonio/stories/2003/02/24/newscolumn3.html

9) Evaluation Of Integrated Surveillance & Data Management Infrastructure Program In
Pittsburgh & Philadelphia -
Final Report
Link to report from the Federal Highway Administration:
http://www.itsdocs.fhwa.dot.gov//JPODOCS/REPTS_TE//13777.html

10) Indian Coast Guard Seeks Space Agency's Help With Distress Signals
Link to Indo-Asian News Service story via Yahoo India News:
http://in.news.yahoo.com/030222/43/21fqn.html

11) Is The Media Contributing To Suicides On Caltrain Tracks?
Link to article in the San Mateo County Times (Pleasanton, California):
http://www.sanmateocountytimes.com/Stories/0,1413,87~11268~1197243,00.html

12) Sigalerts Coming To Local Roadways
A lane closure warning system, common in metropolitan areas, will be used in the San Luis
Obispo area.
Link to story in the San Luis Obispo Tribune (San Luis Obispo, California):
http://www.sanluisobispo.com/mld/sanluisobispo/news/local/5250311.htm

13) Caltrans Clears Roads Around The Clock
Kingvale Dispatch Center work to keep roads open through Donner Pass.
Link to story in the Auburn Journal (Auburn, California):
http://www.auburnjournal.com/archives/index.inn?loc=detail&doc=/2003/February/21-242-NEWS1.TXT

14) Man Becomes The Driving Force Behind Traffic Reports
Link to story in the Star-Telegram (Fort Worth, Texas):
http://www.dfw.com/mld/startelegram/news/local/5249776.htm

15) Transport Canada 2003 Transportation Blueprint Workshop - March 25-26 - Calgary
Link to further information:
http://www.vanhorne.info/2003%20Transportation%20Blueprint%20Workshop%20Agenda.pdf
Link to registration information and form:
http://www.vanhorne.info/2003%20Transportation%20Blueprint%20Workshop%20Registration%20Form.pdf

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/