Subject: [NEXTEL-1] RE: Latest 800 Interference Report-(Oklahoma)

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 13:17:42 -0500

------- Original Message --------
   From: "Maples, Dave" <[email-masked]>
Subject: [ RE: Latest 800 Interference Report
       :

All: I can't speak for the first form of interference, but the second sounds an awful lot
like a bidirectional amplifier that is oscillationg.  Another possibility for the second
one is a 900 MHz cordless phone that has failed.  We have seen problems with Sony 900 MHz
cordless phone base stations "losing their marbles" and drifting down into the 806-824 MHz
band in an uncontrolled fashion.  Usually the owner only knows that it has stopped
working, but doesn't know that it's transmitting where it shouldn't.. Ron: We can't
directly post to P39 any more from here as you know...an IT thing.  If you want to repost
this, feel free.Dave Maples

---

From: "richardcanning <[email-masked]>" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 22:56:09 -0000

This definitely looks like something that you guys should be able to
DF (direction find). 
One can work wonders with a Spec An, a Notch filter and a Yagi.
Once you have determined the source, you can go a long way towards
fixing the problem.

--- In [email-masked], Marcel <marcelrf@b...> wrote:
>    From: "Maples, Dave" <dave.maples@n...>

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/