Subject: [NEXTEL-1] FCC CHAIRMAN MICHAEL POWELL NAMES JOHN ROGOVIN AS FCC GENERAL COUNSEL

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 17:27:30 -0500

February 7, 2003
(202) 418-0513

FCC CHAIRMAN MICHAEL POWELL NAMES JOHN ROGOVIN AS FCC GENERAL COUNSEL

Washington – FCC Chairman Michael Powell today announced he is naming John Rogovin General
Counsel of the FCC.

Mr. Rogovin, currently FCC Deputy General Counsel, succeeds Jane Mago, who is becoming
Chief of the new FCC Office of Strategic Planning and Policy Analysis.

Powell said, “John Rogovin is a superb lawyer and has made significant contributions to
the FCC as Deputy General Counsel during the past year-and-a-half.  He has great
experience in litigation, regulatory and administrative law and will be a great asset as
General Counsel.”

Mr. Rogovin joined the FCC in May 2001. Before joining the FCC, he was a partner in the
Washington, D.C., office of O'Melveny & Myers LLP, where he was involved in litigation and
regulatory matters before federal and state courts and agencies. Prior to that, he was
Deputy Assistant Attorney General in the Civil Division of the Department of Justice. Mr.
Rogovin also served as a law clerk to the Honorable Laurence H. Silberman, Judge of the
U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit.

He received an A.B. from Columbia University and a J.D. from the University of Virginia
School of Law. He is a member of the New York Bar, the District of Columbia Bar, and the
American Bar Association.

- FCC -

http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-231047A1.doc

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/