Subject: [NEXTEL-1] EMS TECHNOLOGIES ANNOUNCES LARGEST WIRELESS DEPLOYMENT EVER

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 17:50:47 -0500

EMS TECHNOLOGIES ANNOUNCES LARGEST WIRELESS DEPLOYMENT EVER,
WITH MORE THAN 500 WIRELESS DEVICES TO EVANSTON NORTHWESTERN
HEALTHCARE

ATLANTA and SAN DIEGO – Feb. 10, 2003 - EMS Technologies, Inc. (Nasdaq – ELMG) is
announcing today at the HIMSS Conference the largest deployment to date of wireless
technology in a hospital network, at Evanston Northwestern Healthcare.
Located in Chicago's northern suburbs, Evanston Northwestern Healthcare is an academic
healthcare system comprising three major hospitals as well as medical and research groups.

Solucient and Modern Healthcare have ranked Evanston in the top 100 hospitals and the top
15 major teaching hospitals for the last eight years.

EMS is providing part of the 802.11b backbone along with a major integration partner and
more
than 500 of its new fl o ™ mobile clinical workstations, the next-generation of its mobile
wireless
devices for healthcare.

“As part of our implementation of the In-patient Epiccare™ system, we will be using the
EMS
carts for clinician access to the bedside. The carts are an essential part of our
implementation,” said Thomas Smith, CIO, Evanston Northwestern Healthcare.
The fl o ™ workstations are part of the total wireless solution for healthcare. They are
connected wirelessly to the hospital’s network via IP access points installed throughout
the
three hospitals. Since 1996, EMS has been involved in more than 400 wireless projects as
the
leader in total hospital and system-wide wireless projects across the United States and
Canada.

“The compelling value for wireless in a hospital is patient-safety enhancements from
having
information available at the point of care via mobile devices. We are pleased to be part
of this
project, and believe it is an important step towards improved patient safety using our
industry-.NEWS standard cart-based form factor,” noted Keith Washington, general manager,
Healthcare
Solutions, for EMS Wireless.

The fl o ™ workstations are available for sale through EMS Wireless, a division of EMS
Technologies, primarily through the company’s software and distribution partners.

About EMS Technologies, Inc.
EMS Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ: ELMG) is a leading innovator in the design and
manufacture of wireless, satellite and defense solutions, and focuses its unique range of
advanced technologies on the needs of broadband and mobile information users. The
Company is headquartered in Atlanta, employs approximately 1,800 people worldwide, and
has manufacturing facilities in Atlanta, Montreal, Ottawa and Brazil. For more
information, visit

EMS on the World Wide Web at www.ems-t.com.

EMS Wireless, The Performance Leader™ in RF Solutions, designs, manufactures and
markets a comprehensive selection of RF solutions for wireless carriers. They include
products
for mobile and fixed wireless applications as well as repeater and amplifier products.
# # #

Editor’s Note: HIMSS Media may visit EMS Wireless at Booth #4951.
For more information, contact:
Anne Wainscott
Public Relations
EMS Technologies, Inc.
770-263-9200, ext. 4326
[email-masked]

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/