Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Mforma Introduces Sorrent Games to Wireless Operators in Europe

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 18:19:08 -0500

Mforma Introduces Sorrent Games to Wireless Operators in Europe
Source: Business Wire
Publication date: 2003-02-17

CANNES, France--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Feb. 17, 2003--

Mforma and Sorrent Partner to Bring Popular Mobile Entertainment

Titles, Including THE X-FILES, to More Than 40 Wireless Carriers

Mforma, a leading global provider of mobile data solutions for wireless
operators, and Sorrent, a leading creator and publisher of games for wireless
devices, announced that they have executed a multi-year contract in which
Mforma will distribute Sorrent's sports and entertainment titles in Europe,
the Middle East and Africa (EMEA).

Sorrent's popular games, including DuraTrax Mobile RC(TM), THE
X-FILES(TM) and Wild 8-Ball will be available through Mforma's worldwide
distribution network of more than 40 wireless carriers.

"Our relationship with Mforma means our games will soon reach millions of
users," said Isaac Babbs, president, worldwide distribution and marketing
for Sorrent. "Mforma's extensive network of carrier relationships will allow
Sorrent to quickly enter Europe, one of the largest and fastest-growing
markets for wireless entertainment."

"Sorrent is delivering some of the most exciting games available for mobile
phones today," said Christophe Watkins, vice-president, Media for Mforma.
"They are consistently pushing the limits of what's possible for games on
wireless phones. We are pleased to meet the demand of wireless
subscribers for Sorrent's action-packed portfolio."

Mforma provides content to more than 40 of the world's leading wireless
network operators, including Orange UK, Orange France, Vodafone
Portugal, Vodafone UK, Vodafone France (SFR), Vodafone Germany,
Vodafone Spain, T-Mobile UK, T-Mobile Germany, Turkcell, O2 UK, O2
Germany, Swisscom, TIM, Telefonica, Amena.

Sorrent's titles, for both Java and BREW-enabled handsets, are available
now. Wireless network operators that are interested in offering Sorrent
games should contact Sorrent (www.sorrent.com) or Mforma Group
(www.mforma.com) for further information.

About Mforma Group

Mforma delivers the most comprehensive mobile data solution in the
industry, providing carriers and their customers with the world's best
content, and providing content developers with the shortest route to market.
Mforma has driven over 1 billion game transactions for its operator
customers, which include more than 40 of the world's largest carriers.
Mforma operator customers collectively serve 90 percent of wireless
subscribers in the U.S. and 70 percent of wireless subscribers in Europe. In
addition to the industry's most comprehensive catalog of SMS, MMS, WAP
and Java games and entertainment applications, Mforma offers Java, SMS
and MMS "Quick Start" programs that include total content management
services, companion web sites and premium branded content. When
working with Mforma wireless operators can choose to utilize any or all of
the Mforma resources -- tools, platforms, and/or content. Mforma is based in
Kirkland, Washington, U.S.A. Please visit www.mforma.com.
http://cnniw.yellowbrix.com/pages/cnniw/Story.nsp?story_id=36719570&ID=cnniw&scategory=Business+and+Finance&

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/