Subject: [NEXTEL-1] RE:Latest 800 Interference Report

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 13:07:40 -0500

-------- Original Message --------
From: Ron Haraseth <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE:  Latest 800 Interference Report

Note: Again, this new report relates to the interference received by a
repeater and may or may not be directly caused by the typical 800 PS/CMRS
interference mechanism.

Ron

Note:  an updated complete text file of all reports to date are located
at: http://www.apco911.org/frequency/project_39/downloads/combined.txt
The update including this entry may follow this original report by a day or
two.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
02/20/03

Location City:....................... Shawnee
       County:....................... Pottawatomie
        State:....................... Oklahoma
Agency Name:......................... City of Shawnee
Type of service:..................... Police, Fire, EMS, Public Works
Service coverage area:............... City Wide
Population estimate:................. 35,000
Is interference Annoying:............ Yes
Is interference Harmful:............  Yes
Type of PS System:................... 800 MHz Trunked analog system
Band:................................ 806-821    
Identified interference:............. Unknown
Interference been reported to:.......   Commercial Provider
Has interference been resolved:...... No
If, how:

Descriptive Narrative
We are currently experiencing two types of interference.

One sounds like a digital control channel that over-rides the voice on the
input of the analog repeaters.  This is intermittent and not predictable,
often not heard for weeks at a time.

The second began in mid January, 2003.  There is a carrier of 3-5 uV in
strength that has shown up on the inputs of the repeaters.  There has been
no measurable modulation with this carrier.  The carrier will cause the
repeater to malfunction with an illegal carrier report.  The carrier will
drift up and down between the repeaters and eventually affect all at one
time or another.  We have watched this carrier move and it literally drifts
up and down in frequency.  It will stay on one frequency from less than a
few seconds up to an hour in duration before moving up or down.

The repeater input frequencies vary from 811.4625 up to 815.4625.

We have had all of our equipment checked and it is not being internally
generated.

If anyone has had similar interference and been able to pinpoint a cause
please advise.

Technical Contact Name:.............. Brian L. Davis
Technical Contact Title:............. Radio Technician 
Agency:.............................. City of Shawnee, OK 
Email:............................... [email-masked]

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/