Subject: [NEXTEL-1] 3G : 37 Million Camera Wireless Phones To Be Sold Worldwide in 2003

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 03:02:19 -0500

Wednesday 26th February, 2003
the news service of http://www.3G.co.uk/
__________________________________________________________________________________

This issue sponsored by AGILENT TECHNOLOGIES

Agilent Base Station Test Set cuts operating expenses and delivers extreme productivity
improvements

The Agilent Base Station Test Set is the most functional one-box tool available today –
eliminating the need to carry, manage and learn multiple test tools. Consolidating your
most frequent used tools into one box increases your technicians’ productivity. Supports
2G and 3G technologies.

For a demo and to learn more, visit us at http://www.agilent.com/comms/3G
__________________________________________________________________________________

Today’s 3G News

1) Software System on Chip to Cut the Cost of 3G infrastructure
2) US Wireless Text-Messaging Adoption Skyrocketing
3) 37 Million Camera Wireless Phones To Be Sold Worldwide in 2003
4) World's Smallest CDMA Wireless Bluetooth Device
5) Huawei 3G Solutions Next
6) Schema Introduces 3G Data Planner
7) Hutchison 3G Australia Performance

See below for full details.
__________________________________________________________________________________

Provisioning for the Future starts today

Predicting future mobile services is impossible. But even without knowing what
the services will be, it's still possible today to deploy the systems and
processes required to support them and to provide a rapid return on investment.
Tertio Telecoms new Provident provisioning suite is designed to more effectively
manage the increasing complexity of mobile, data and content over 2.5 and 3G
networks.

Click here for more information: http://www.telco-tertio.com/news/article.php4?id=111
_________________________________________________________________________________

Today’s 3G News Follows : 
__________________________________________________________________________________

1) Software System on Chip to Cut the Cost of 3G infrastructure

The architecture was developed with a strong emphasis on ease of design/verification and
deterministic performance for embedded signal processing - especially wireless and 3G.
Complementing the device is a complete development tool-chain and a comprehensive systems
library, providing a complete baseband platform for 3G infrastructure.

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/Feb2003/4965.htm
________________________________________________________________________________

2) US Wireless Text-Messaging Adoption Skyrocketing

The findings indicate that mobile phone penetration rates are slowing, but the adoption of
text messaging is growing rapidly, which bodes well for carriers searching for additional
ways of increasing their revenues apart from minutes used for voice calls -- and for
marketers seeking new ways of reaching their audiences.

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/Feb2003/4964.htm
________________________________________________________________________________

3) 37 Million Camera Wireless Phones To Be Sold Worldwide in 2003

The latest Strategy Analytics Wireless Device Strategies report, "Vodafone's J-Phone of
Japan Leads 18 Million Unit Camera Phone Market," concludes that 18 million
embedded-camera phones were sold worldwide in 2002, of which 13 million were sold in
Japan. The above graph shows global camera phone sales versus period.

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/Feb2003/4962.htm
________________________________________________________________________________

4) World's Smallest CDMA Wireless Bluetooth Device

Murata Electronics introduced the smallest Bluetooth radio frequency (RF) device for Code
Division Multiple Access (CDMA) applications on the market to their line-up. Measuring
only 8mm x 6.5mm x 1.6mm, the LMBTA068 series BlueDevice is smaller than competitors'
products.

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/Feb2003/4961.htm
________________________________________________________________________________

5) Huawei 3G Solutions Next

Its 2G/2.5G mobile solutions have been deployed in 32 countries, and over 20 UMTS trial
networks have been established in China, Russia, U.A.E. etc. And there had been 300
million subscribers for Huawei TELLIN intelligent network by the end of 2002.

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/Feb2003/4959.htm
________________________________________________________________________________

6) Schema Introduces 3G Data Planner

he Data Planner is based on Schema’s TNG Multi-Technology Platform. Inset shows the The
Schema TNG platform which allows you to utilize any of our products for any combination of
your technologies - GSM, GPRS, TDMA, iDEN, EDGE, CDMA, CDMA2000 and UMTS. 

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/Feb2003/4947.htm
________________________________________________________________________________

7) Hutchison 3G Australia Performance

Hutchison Telecommunications (Australia) Limited announced its full year results for 2002.
Chief Executive Kevin Russell said the results reflected a challenging year in which
Hutchison met its two primary targets: solid growth in Orange to achieve positive EBITDA;
and, with 3, to position for launch and establish an edge over competitors in the
provision of new wireless multimedia services. 

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/Feb2003/4943.htm
________________________________________________________________________________

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
New Yahoo! Mail Plus. More flexibility. More control. More power.
Get POP access, more storage, more filters, and more.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Hcb0iA/P.iFAA/46VHAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/