Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Wireless Design Online Newsletter

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 13:06:10 -0500

================================================================
Wireless Design Online Newsletter - http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com
Thursday, February 20, 2003
================================================================
 
------------------------------------------
SOFT SKILLS - BUSINESS EMPOWERMENT SKILLS
------------------------------------------
 
The Power Up! Plan, Pitch and Profit course is a six-week intensive online journey towards
a prosperous future. The I-Per Drive Business Empowerment Program transcends the most
daunting obstacles facing ambitious business people today. Learn More Now.
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/13316/793725

------------------------------------- 
FEATURED ARTICLES
-------------------------------------  
 
1) Report Predicts Zigbee Will Spur Economic Growth and Deliver Where Bluetooth Failed 
2) RF Micro Devices Introduces Reduced Footprint PowerStar Quad-Band Power Amplifier
Module with Integrated Power Control
3) Wavecom's Open MMI Makes Mobile Phone Customisation Easy
 
---------------------------------------
 
1) Report Predicts Zigbee Will Spur Economic Growth and Deliver Where Bluetooth Failed;
First Market Research Report on Zigbee Market Potential Issued
 
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., Feb 19, 2003 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ -- West Technology Research
Solutions LLC, a market research firm focusing solely on emerging technologies, today
announced the availability of the first market analysis on a new wireless protocol capable
of spurring significant economic growth. Zigbee is an open standard, wireless RF
technology that promises to revolutionize low-end RF...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/13304/793725
 
2) RF Micro Devices Introduces Reduced Footprint PowerStar Quad-Band Power Amplifier
Module with Integrated Power Control
 
CANNES, France, Feb 18, 2003 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- RF Micro Devices, Inc. (NASDAQ:RFMD), a
leading provider of proprietary radio frequency integrated circuits (RFICs) for wireless
communications applications, today introduced the RF3133, the smallest available quad-band
power amplifier (PA) module with integrated power control circuitry....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/13305/793725
 
3) Wavecom's Open MMI Makes Mobile Phone Customisation Easy
 
CANNES, France, Feb 18, 2003 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Wavecom SA (Nasdaq:WVCM) today announced
the launch of Open MMI, a new software development tool from Wavecom's Wireless Open
Workshop (WOW!). Wireless Open Workshop is a complete suite of software, hardware,
development tools and services -- all in an environment that is both open and
integrated....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/13306/793725

------------------------------------- 
FEATURED DOWNLOAD
-------------------------------------
 
Check out the Wireless Design Online download library for another technical paper from
Corning Frequency Control on the subject of phase jitter. The paper, "Phase Jitter: Phase
Noise and Voltage Controlled Crystal Oscillators", looks at short-term frequency
instabilities, seen in the time domain as jitter, that can cause problems in both analog
and digital signals. Click here to download the paper in pdf format:
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/13317/793725

------------------------------------- 
FEATURED PRODUCTS
-------------------------------------
  
1) Flange Mount Drop-In Units 
2) Resonator Filters
3) Product Design and Development Services
4) Quad-Band Power Amplifier
5) 2.4GHz WLAN Dish Antenna
6) BlueView Software
7) SSPA Medium Power, Broadband Solid State RF Amplifier
8) SPST High-Isolation, 50 Ohm Absorptive MOSFET RF Switch
9) MDSPICE: Mixed-Domain SPICE Simulator
10) Reflective Surface-Mount SPDT Switch 
 
---------------------------------------
 
1) Flange Mount Drop-In Units
 
These economical units give high performance in micro strip and stripline applications
where space and cost are important. They are ideal for both small and high volume
applications such as cellular, PCS, and communications....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/13307/793725
 
2) Resonator Filters
 
A series of microwave hairpin resonator bandpass filters reduce the size, weight, and cost
of subsystems such as multiplexers. The MMFM-FBG series can be used in receiver IFs,
low-level transmitter exciters, and the channelized receivers of electronic
countermeasures systems. The filters are designed in the company?s Multi-Mix planar,
multilayer fabrication process....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/13308/793725
 
3) Product Design and Development Services
 
HSD is a full service product design and development firm. We specialize in Design
Strategy, Product Branding, User Research, Industrial Design, GUI design, Mechanical
Design and Rapid Prototyping. By integrating customers' needs and our clients'
capabilities, we develop products that create a competitive advantage....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/13318/793725
 
4) Quad-Band Power Amplifier
 
The RMPA1958-99 is a high efficiency power amplifier module for GSM/GPRS quad-band
applications. The module, which has an overall frequency range of 824-1910 MHz, uses
Raytheon RF Components' proprietary InGaP MMIC technology together with a CMOS control
circuit in an integrated design, affording greater flexibility and user convenience....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/13309/793725
 
5) 2.4GHz WLAN Dish Antenna
 
This 2.4GHz WLAN Dish Antenna from United Fiber Optic Communication Inc. is intended for
outdoor, long-range directional connections. The antenna is horizontal angle adjustable...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/13310/793725
 
6) BlueView Software
 
BlueView Asset Management Software incorporates an intuitive graphical user interface and
mapping software that provides immediate on-screen status and location of remotely
installed equipment....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/13311/793725
 
7) SSPA Medium Power, Broadband Solid State RF Amplifier
 
Aethercomm P/N SSPA-0.8-4.5-5.0 was designed to be used as a laboratory amplifier for all
medium power testing needs from 800 MHz to 4.5 GHz. This SSPA can also be used in any
application where medium power and gain are required in a rugged environment. This class A
unit has an extremely broadband gain and power response....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/13312/793725
 
8) SPST High-Isolation, 50 Ohm Absorptive MOSFET RF Switch
 
The PE4246 is a high-isolation MOSFET RF Switch designed to cover a broad range of
applications from DC to 5.0 GHz, and is non-reflective at both RF1 and RF2 ports. This
SPST switch integrates a single-pin CMOS control interface, and provides low insertion
loss while operating with extremely low bias from a single +3-volt supply....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/13313/793725
 
9) MDSPICE: Mixed-Domain SPICE Simulator
 
MDSPICE is a mixed frequency and time domain spice simulator for predicting the
time-domain response of high-speed networks, high-frequency circuits, and nonlinear
devices directly using s-parameters....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/13314/793725
 
10) Reflective Surface-Mount SPDT Switch 
 
Skyworks' new GaAs PHMET reflective switch is optimized to provide excellent broadband
performance from DC-6 GHz. The AS209-321?s high frequency, low loss and high linearity
make it ideal for 802.11a, 802.11b, and HiperLAN wireless applications....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/13315/793725

==========================================================
WIRELESS SOLUTIONS
IIR Telecommunications and Technology conferences focus on wireless solutions, including
profitability and next-generation strategies, indoor coverage and capacity, prepaid
services, WLANs and WiFi technologies, and more. We encourage you to visit IIR Telecoms
and technology's web site for a complete listing of upcoming events!
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/13319/793725
 
==========================================================
GENERATE LEADS
The VertMarkets Marketplace Manager is a self-service marketing tool that extends your
existing online marketing activities and lets you generate qualified sales leads for your
products.  To learn more please visit us at:  
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/content/vertpages/MarketplaceManager.asp?comingfrom=news_online_foot
 
==========================================================
FREE TRADE PUBLICATIONS 
Browse from the extensive list of trade publications by industry, title, key word or
geographic eligibility to find the titles that best match your skills and interests. All
of the magazines are absolutely free of charge, no hidden fees, no soft or trial offers,
and no obligation.   
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/13320/793725
 
==========================================================
CONSULTING SERVICES
Find the best consultant for your project through Wireless Design Online Consulting
Services. With performance data on 1,800 pre-qualified firms, this easy to use service
ensures you'll get the right firm, every time. 
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/13321/793725
 
==========================================================
CAREER SERVICES
Wireless Design Online has partnered with Artemis HR to bring you targeted resume and job
search capabilities.  Visit today:
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/13322/793725

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/