Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Konica Chooses Nextel to Keep Field Personnel Connected

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 12:23:04 -0500

Konica Chooses Nextel to Keep Field Personnel Connected

Wireless Data Transfer Among Key Features of Konica's New Remote
Communications Network

WINDSOR, Conn., Feb. 26 /PRNewswire/ -- Konica Business Technologies, Inc.
(Konica), the innovation leader in digital imaging solutions and a subsidiary
of Konica Corporation, today announced that it has signed a 21-month contract
with Nextel Communications, a leading provider of fully integrated wireless
communications services on the largest guaranteed all-digital, wireless
network in the country.  The contract provides Konica's more than 490 field
service technicians with access to a broad range of Nextel products and
services, including Nextel's Java(TM)-technology-enabled wireless phones;
wireless packet data tools; Nextel Direct Connect(R) -- the long-range digital
walkie-talkie feature; and messaging services.
Recently, Konica reviewed its existing pager-based field communications
system and decided to upgrade its current technology with a wireless system
capable of supporting packet data transmission.  Based on its success with
Nextel's digital cellular and Nextel Direct Connect services, Konica chose to
expand its ongoing relationship with the wireless communications service
provider.
By providing its field service technicians with Nextel i85s handsets and
compatible data cables, Konica has now given its technicians instant wireless
access to its Expert Web service and technical database via their laptops,
enabling them to locate solutions, download technical information and
documents, and solve problems in a fraction of the time.  The implementation
of Nextel's wireless data services also gives Konica's field force the ability
to gather and update customer information in real-time, order necessary parts,
schedule service appointments and access detailed technical data from
anywhere.
"The products and services included in our agreement with Nextel have
proven invaluable to our field service technicians, particularly the wireless
data transfer functionality of the Nextel devices," said Tom Dillon, vice
president of technical operations for Konica.  "Since the implementation, our
people in the field have more functionality at their disposal and are able to
access information at the touch of a button, which has proven to be a great
aid in our commitment to providing timely responses to our customers."
The wireless data transfer capabilities, combined with the broad
functionality of the Nextel devices, make them a powerful business
communications tool.  The ability to retrieve and view technical and customer
information, to immediately communicate with fellow technicians or Konica's
National Systems Solutions Group (NSSG), and to stay in touch with customers
has allowed Konica's field personnel to become even more efficient in
responding to service requests from their customers.
"We look forward to expanding our service offerings to Konica and seeing
rewarding results," said Jeff Antaya, vice president of sales, business and
professional services for Nextel Communications.  "Konica is just one more
example of businesses in the service industry that recognize the advantages of
our wireless business solutions and what it means for their mobile
workforces."
Nextel brings to market the only enterprise-strength wireless platform
that combines the applications, services, tools and support that companies
like Konica need, reinforcing Nextel's commitment to Wireless Business
Solutions:  to provide enterprise customers with a reliable network, 4-in-1
wireless service (including digital cellular; Nextel Direct Connect(R) - the
long-range digital walkie-talkie feature; Two-Way Messaging; and Wireless
Web), applications, management and development tools and overall customer
support.

About Konica Business Technologies, Inc.
Konica Business Technologies, Inc., headquartered in Windsor, Conn., is an
industry-leading provider of digital solutions for document creation,
distribution and production.  Konica offers a full line of color and black &
white printers, multifunctional products, software and network solutions, and
professional services.  Konica provides world-class service through its
extensive network of direct sales offices, authorized dealers, resellers and
distribution partners located in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Central
America and South America.  For more information, please visit Konica on the
World Wide Web at http://www.konicabt.com.

All terms, product and company names used in this document may be
trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners, and are hereby
acknowledged.

Corporate Contact:
Marshall Fox
Director, Corporate Communications
Konica Business Technologies, Inc.
+1 800-456-6422, ext. 2209
[email-masked]

Media Contact:
Irene Sullivan/Jeff Dillow
Sr. Account Manager/Sr. Account Executive
HARPELL
+1 978-889-1423/+1 978-889-1457
[email-masked]/[email-masked]

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/02-26-2003/0001897933&EDATE=

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
New Yahoo! Mail Plus. More flexibility. More control. More power.
Get POP access, more storage, more filters, and more.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Hcb0iA/P.iFAA/46VHAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/