Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Wireless Design Online Newsletter

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 12:36:49 -0500

================================================================
Wireless Design Online Newsletter - http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com
Tuesday, February 25, 2003
================================================================
 
----------------------------------------------------
Access the VertMarkets Online Training Network 
----------------------------------------------------
 
The VertMarkets Training Network offers a comprehensive selection of courses to meet your
training needs. Training offerings include: Six SIGMA, IT, Root Cause Analysis, Wireless,
Fiber Optic, Project Management, and much more. Special introductory rates and FREE demos
are available. Get the training you need today!
 
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/13765/793725

------------------------------------- 
FEATURED ARTICLES
-------------------------------------  
 
1) AWR Announces TestWave Simulation and Test Integration Software
2) White Paper: Top 10 Reasons for Using Ultracapacitors in Your System Design
3) California Micro Devices Announces Enhanced EMI Filtering with ESD Protection for GSM
Handsets New Single-Chip CSPEMI400 Provides EMI Filtering with ESD Protection for SIM
Cards in Handsets
 
---------------------------------------
 
1) AWR Announces TestWave Simulation and Test Integration Software
 
SAN JOSE, Calif., Feb 24, 2003 -- Applied Wave Research (AWR(TM)), a leading provider of
high-frequency electronic design automation (EDA) tools, today announced TestWave(TM)
software, integrating test and measurement instruments into the AWR design environment...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/13752/793725
 
2) White Paper: Top 10 Reasons for Using Ultracapacitors in Your System Design
 
Historically, the use of a single energy device to satisfy the entire power specification
of an application required designers to either design for power (at times providing excess
energy), or design for energy (at times providing inadequate power). Ultracapacitors, also
known as electrochemical double layer capacitors, have unique characteristics when
compared to other energy storage devices....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/13753/793725
 
3) California Micro Devices Announces Enhanced EMI Filtering with ESD Protection for GSM
Handsets New Single-Chip CSPEMI400 Provides EMI Filtering with ESD Protection for SIM
Cards in Handsets
 
MILPITAS, Calif., Feb 24, 2003 /PRNewswire-FirstCall via Comtex/ -- California Micro
Devices (Nasdaq: CAMD) today announced the CSPEMI400, a new single-chip,
application-specific integrated passive (ASIP(TM)) device that provides industry-leading,
enhanced EMI (electromagnetic interference) filtering and ESD (electrostatic discharge)
protection for SIM (Subscriber Identity Module) cards inserted...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/13754/793725

-------------------------------
SKF RELIABILITY MAINTENANCE
-------------------------------
 
Reliability Maintenance Online Training and Workshops: SKF's Predictive Maintenance.
Bearing Failure Analysis. Practical Bearing Lubrication.  Maximizing Precision Alignment.
Register now to empower your production and maintenance personnel with this invaluable
workshop series.
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/13766/793725

------------------------------------- 
FEATURED PRODUCTS
-------------------------------------
  
1) Honeycomb Vent Panels
2) Bluetooth Qualification Services
3) Q2 Series HF Transformers
4) WISMO Quik Q2300 Series CDMA
5) Low Profile SMA Connectors
6) High Power Attenuators
7) MP(TM) Series Bridge/Router
8) Filtered D-Sub Connectors
9) ATC CR Chip Resistors
10) LINC2 Pro Software
 
---------------------------------------
 
1) Honeycomb Vent Panels
 
MAJR's line of ready-to-install honeycomb cooling vents provide optimum EMI/RFI shielding
with minimum pressure drop for the ventilating air. This shielding effectiveness is
accomplished with waveguide design principles....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/13755/793725
 
2) Bluetooth Qualification Services
 
RFI is able to offer a complete range of qualification and regulatory conformance services
for Bluetooth products. The following list identifies the key service areas that RFI
provides for the Bluetooth industry...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/13756/793725
 
3) Q2 Series HF Transformers
 
Features:
- Customizable 
- Mil quality at a Commercial Price 
- Highest Q for its size without the use of ferrites 
- Magnetic and electrostatic shielding 
- More...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/13757/793725
 
4) WISMO Quik Q2300 Series CDMA
 
Features:
- Dual band CDMA module (800/1900)
- Compliant with FCC/SAR and CDG 1, 2 & 3
- Band Class 0 (Tx: 824 ~ 849 MHz/ Rx: 869 - 894 MHz)
- Band Class 1 (Tx: 1850 ~ 1910 MHz/ Rx: 1930 - 1990 MHz)
- More...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/13758/793725
 
5) Low Profile SMA Connectors
 
A right angle SMA connector has a low-profile and can be specified in combination with the
Micro-Coax's UTiFLEX flexible cables with cable diameters of .092 in. The LoPro series
connectors reduce the height required for a right angle SMA connector and cable assembly
to 0.498 inch above the connection plane....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/13759/793725
 
6) High Power Attenuators
 
The NEW HFP-series of high power fixed attenuators have been redesigned to extend the
frequency range to 3 GHz, and provide lower VSWR and accuracy in a smaller package.
Standard dB values (1, 2, 3, 6, 10, 20 and 30 dB) are available with N male to N female
connectors. Downloadable catalog page available...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/13760/793725
 
7) MP(TM) Series Bridge/Router
 
The Solectek MP Series, developed in collaboration with Harris Semiconductor, is a family
of wireless, transparent MAC layer, 2.4 GHz multipoint Ethernet bridges with RIP/Static
IP/IPX routing. This field upgradable family consists of the MP-200-E with a data rate of
2Mbps, the MP550-E with a data rate of 5.5Mbps...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/13761/793725
 
8) Filtered D-Sub Connectors
 
Corry Micronics introduces its new line of filtered D-Sub Miniature connectors. Filtered
connectors are available in pin counts from 9 to 37 pin. Micronics offers the d-sub
miniature connectors in "C" and "Pi" configurations. Filtered d-sub miniature connector
adapters are also available in several different values....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/13762/793725
 
9) ATC CR Chip Resistors
 
ATC's complete line of high powered resistive products are designed and manufactured in
our ISO-9001 facility using non-toxic, cost effective, Aluminum Nitride base substrates.
All products are manufactured and qualified to Mil-PRF-55342, MIL-STD 202, and ANSI
/J-STD-002 specifications. Downloadable datasheet available...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/13763/793725
 
10) LINC2 Pro Software
 
LINC2 combines powerful RF/Microwave simulation with circuit synthesis and integrated
schematic capture. RF tools and design modules are built in and linked to a general
purpose circuit simulator. Regularly $495.00, buy now and save $200....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/13764/793725

==========================================================
WIRELESS SOLUTIONS
IIR Telecommunications and Technology conferences focus on wireless solutions, including
profitability and next-generation strategies, indoor coverage and capacity, prepaid
services, WLANs and WiFi technologies, and more. We encourage you to visit IIR Telecoms
and technology's web site for a complete listing of upcoming events!
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/13767/793725
 
==========================================================
GENERATE LEADS
The VertMarkets Marketplace Manager is a self-service marketing tool that extends your
existing online marketing activities and lets you generate qualified sales leads for your
products.  To learn more please visit us at:  
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/content/vertpages/MarketplaceManager.asp?comingfrom=news_online_foot
 
==========================================================
FREE TRADE PUBLICATIONS 
Browse from the extensive list of trade publications by industry, title, key word or
geographic eligibility to find the titles that best match your skills and interests. All
of the magazines are absolutely free of charge, no hidden fees, no soft or trial offers,
and no obligation.   
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/13768/793725
 
==========================================================
CONSULTING SERVICES
Find the best consultant for your project through Wireless Design Online Consulting
Services. With performance data on 1,800 pre-qualified firms, this easy to use service
ensures you'll get the right firm, every time. 
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/13769/793725
 
==========================================================
CAREER SERVICES
Wireless Design Online has partnered with Artemis HR to bring you targeted resume and job
search capabilities.  Visit today:
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/13770/793725

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/