Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Department of the Interior

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2003 16:52:14 -0500

DATE POSTED: 04-FEB-03

AGENCY: Department of the Interior

OFFICE ADDRESS: BUREAU OF RECLAMATION PO BOX 25007, D-7810 DENVER CO 80225

SUBJECT: Notice of Intent to Negotiate on a Sole Source Basis

CLASSIFICATION CODE: 58 - Communication, detection, & coherent radiation equipment

SOLICITATION NUMBER: 03SQ810416

CONTACT: CHAU NGUYEN CONTRACT SPECIALIST 3034452441 [email-masked];

SETASIDE: N/A

PLACE OF PERFORMANCE ADDRESS: Denver, Colorado

PLACE OF PERFORMANCE ZIPCODE: 80225

PLACE OF PERFORMANCE COUNTRY: US

NOTICE TEXT: Department of the Interior, Bureau of Reclamation, Bureau of Reclamation; The
Bureau of Reclamation
intends to negotiate on a sole source basis with Nextel, 2001 Edmund Halley Dr., Reston,
Virginia 20191 to acquire cellular
phones with the 2-way radio feature . The proposed action is for supplies/services for
which the Government intends to solicit
and negotiate with only one source under the authority of FAR 13.106-1(b). The reason
justifying this sole source procurement
is: Government believes that only one responsible source can provide the supplies/services
that will satisfy the agency
requirements. Any firm that believes it can furnish the items described above are
encouraged to give written notification to the
Contracting Officer. Supporting evidence must be furnished, in sufficient detail to
demonstrate the ability to comply with the
above requirements. All responses received within 6 days of the date of publication of
this synopsis will be considered by the
Government. A determination by the Government not to compete this proposed action based on
responses to this notice is
solely within the discretion of the Government. Information received will be considered
solely for the purpose of determining
whether to conduct a competitive procurement. Inquiries will only be accepted by Fax at
(303) 445-6345, Attention: Chau
Nguyen. Responses should include the firm's business size [e.g. small business, other than
small business] in accordance with
the size standard: 500 employees for North American Industry Classification System (NAICS)
Code 423690.

INTERNET ADDRESS: http://www.eps.gov/spg/DOI/BR/BR/03SQ810416/listing.html

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/