Subject: [NEXTEL-1] [Fwd: [220] I found some info on Bizcom USA 220!]

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 19:51:32 -0500

-------- Original Message --------
From: Jeff Thompkins <[email-masked]>
Subject: [220] I found some info on Bizcom USA 220!
To: [email-masked]

For those like me who couldn't find the press releases, I have copied and pasted them.

Hope this helps.

Bizcom Announces Licensing Agreement With EFJohnson 
2/5/2003 9:01:00 AM

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla., Feb 5, 2003 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Bizcom U.S.A., Inc. ("Bizcom") today
announced that it has signed a licensing agreement with the EFJohnson subsidiary of EFJ,
Inc. (EFJI) , allowing Bizcom the right to develop and sell mobile and portable radio
products incorporating the EFJohnson developed LTR-Net protocol. 

LTR-Net, the networked version of EFJohnson's Logic Trunked Radio (LTR) systems, was first
sold last year. It extends the EFJohnson's original trademarked LTR technology by allowing
radio sites to be networked through a switch, allowing access across wide geographic
areas. LTR-Net's enhanced features are used by specialized mobile radio service providers
and private radio users, such as utilities and industrial operations. 

According to Michael Jalbert, EFJ, Inc. chairman and chief executive officer: "This is the
latest licensing agreement for the LTR-Net product, and we hope to offer license
opportunities to other companies." "This agreement extends the potential options for
LTR-Net users, as well as radio system operators considering upgrading their existing
networks." 

"Bizcom is pleased to have this agreement which gives us two years of exclusive rights to
LTR-Net for the 216 to 230 MHz frequency bands," said David George, Chief Operating
Officer and President of Bizcom's wireless division. "Since acquiring the worldwide
exclusive rights to Datamarine International, Inc.'s narrowband 220MHz radio technology
last year, we have been working hard to improve the supply and performance of our wireless
products. For us, LTR-Net is a very exciting upgrade that will allow us to provide full
featured wide-area networking." 

LTR-Net is backward compatible with a significant number of LTR radios in use today. Some
of the enhanced features include auto-registration roaming, unique IDs and serial number
identification, and protection against unauthorized use of radios on a wireless network. 

The EFJohnson Company provides wireless communications systems solutions for public
safety, commercial, and government customers. The company designs, manufactures, and
markets conventional and trunked radio systems, land mobile radio repeaters and mobile and
portable radios, including Project 25 digital radio products. EF Johnson is a wholly owned
subsidiary of EFJ, Inc. 

Bizcom currently offers and sells 220MHz analog Specialized Mobile Radio ("SMR") products
and licenses emergency management software programs to various end users including
government, military, utilities and industry. The company also plans to continue such
product offering and to engage in the development, operation and management of 220MHz SMR
wireless voice and data communications services in both the commercial and public
safety/emergency management sectors. 

Safe Harbor Statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995: Except
for historical information contained herein, the matters set forth in this news release
are forward-looking statements. The forward looking statements set forth above involve
risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from any such
statement, including the risks and uncertainties discussed from time to time in the
company's press releases, and public filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange
Commission. 

  Source: All Company Press ReleasesBusinessWirePR NewsWireCanadian Corp. NewsPrimeZone 
Bizcom Announces Implementation of 220MHz System with Hoosier Energy 
2/11/2003 9:00:00 AM
 
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla., Feb 11, 2003 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Bizcom U.S.A., Inc. ("Bizcom")
today announced that it has shipped the first and second phases of a three-phase 220MHz
radio system to be installed throughout southern Indiana for Hoosier Energy's Supervisory
Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) system. The new radio is designed to interface with
the power supplier's SCADA system to help regulate and control high voltage switches and
power substation devices. 

The SCADA system allows the cooperative to monitor and control power switches and
substation devices from a central location without having to dispatch crews into the
field, resulting in increased operating efficiency. The radio system, when completed, will
provide a critical element in managing Hoosier Energy's power production and delivery
network. 

"Bizcom is providing Hoosier Energy with a reliable, low cost data solution that will
allow their technical managers to take advantage of the many benefits of a 220MHz radio
system, which means improved power management and costs savings for their customers," said
David George, COO and President of Bizcom's wireless division. "This successful radio
application is fresh evidence of the effectiveness of 220MHz narrow-band data
communications services technology and its exciting potential in the utility market and in
a wide range of important commercial applications." 

"The 5 KHz, narrow-band radio equipment supplied by Bizcom has the ability to reliably
carry data communications. We are pleased with the results we have obtained using Bizcom's
220 MHz products to carry our SCADA communications and are excited about our future use of
220 MHz to carry Hoosier Energy's Automated Meter Reading (AMR) data," said Chris Ware,
Hoosier Energy's Communications Engineer. "Using Bizcom's radio equipment has allowed us
to have multiple base stations for data/voice communications on one antenna system by
using an antenna combining system. This has provided for the expansion of our 220 MHz
system for voice and other applications while minimizing the loading on our towers." 

Hoosier Energy is a generation and transmission cooperative providing wholesale electric
power and services to 16 member electric distribution cooperatives in 48 central and
southern Indiana counties. With headquarters in Bloomington, Indiana, Hoosier Energy
operates two coal-fired electric power production facilities -- the 1,016 megawatt Merom
Generating Station and the 250 megawatt Ratts Generating Station. Power is delivered over
a system of more than 1,400 miles of transmission lines, 14 primary substations and more
than 200 distribution substations and delivery points. 

Bizcom U.S.A., Inc. is a leader in the fields of Emergency and Event Management software.
With headquarters in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Bizcom brings its innovative wireless
communications and incident management software tools to help resolve issues of critical
infrastructure security. In addition to its national footprint of spectrum, Bizcom also
supplies efficient 220 MHz radio systems including mobile radios for voice and data
transmission, portable radios, and base station radio repeaters for conventional and
trunked operations for use within the private, commercial, public safety and utility
sectors. For more information, visit http://www.bizcomusa.net 

Safe Harbor Statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995: Except
for historical information contained herein, the matters set forth in this news release
are forward-looking statements. The forward looking statements set forth above involve
risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from any such
statement, including the risks and uncertainties discussed from time to time in the
company's press releases, and public filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange
Commission. 

For general corporate information:
Bizcom U.S.A., Inc., Fort Lauderdale
Michael Sullivan, 954/714-0028
e-mail: [email-masked]
or
For trade press information:
Bizcom U.S.A. Inc.
Tom Mason, 800/480-8418
e-mail: [email-masked]

 

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: Rick Parrish <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 19:22:54 -0600

>Subject: [220] I found some info on Bizcom USA 220!
Hmmm .. interesting ...
-rick