Subject: [NEXTEL-1] FCBA News February 2003

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 14:25:30 -0500

FCBA News February 2003

Reception to Welcome Commissioner Adelstein to be Held February 13
Congressional Reception to be Held March 11, 2003
President's Message
Special Events
In Memoriam
Committee and Chapter Events
Committee and Chapter News
Computers for Communications Practitioners
Job Bank
FCBA Foundation News
FCBA Events, CLE and Committee Registration
FCBA Mentor/Mentee Registration Form
Reception for Commissioner Adelstein Registration
Annual Seminar Reservation Request
Congressional Reception Registration
Calendar
Briefs and Masthead

Reception to Welcome Commissioner Adelstein to be Held
February 13

The FCBA will host a welcoming reception for the new FCC Commissioner, Jonathan S.
Adelstein.

The reception will be held at the Mayflower Hotel's Grand Ballroom, 1127 Connecticut
Avenue, N.W., Washington, D.C.
Sponsorships are available for the event, including a price break for those who sponsor
this reception, and the Congressional
Reception to be held March 11, 2003. Sponsors will receive recognition in the newsletter
and acknowledgement at the event.
Individual tickets to the reception may also be purchased. Please use the Adelstein
Reception registration form.

Commissioner Adelstein was sworn in on December 3, 2002. Before joining the FCC, Adelstein
served for fifteen years as a
staff member in the United States Senate. For the past seven years, he has been a senior
legislative aide to United States
Senate Majority Leader Tom Daschle (D-SD), where he advised Senator Daschle on
telecommunications, financial services,
transportation and other key issues. Previously, he served as Professional Staff Member to
Senate Special Committee on Aging
Chairman David Pryor (D-AR), including an assignment as a special liaison to Senator Harry
Reid (D-NV), and as a
Legislative Assistant to Senator Donald W. Riegle, Jr. (D-MI).

Prior to his service in the Senate, Adelstein held a number of academic positions,
including: Teaching Fellow in the Department
of History, Harvard University; Teaching Assistant in the Department of History, Stanford
University; and Communications
Consultant to the Stanford University Graduate School of Business.

Adelstein received a B.A. with Distinction in Political Science from Stanford University,
an M.A. in History from Stanford
University, studied at the Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University and is a
graduate of Phillips Academy in
Andover, Massachusetts. He is a member of the National Academy of Social Insurance, the
Phi Kappa Phi National Honor
Society and the Pi Sigma Alpha Political Science Honor Society.

Adelstein, 40, was born and raised in Rapid City, South Dakota. He now lives in the
Washington, D.C. area with his wife
Karen and son Adam.

Congressional Reception to be Held March 11, 2003

On March 11, 2003, the Legislation Committee, co-chaired by Bill Bailey, Mitch Rose and
Larry Duncan, is organizing
the FCBA's sixth biennial Congressional Reception honoring members of the House Committee
on Energy and
Commerce and the Senate Committee on Commerce, Science and Transportation. The reception
will be held in The
Dirksen Senate Office Building, Room SD 106, from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. All Members of both
Committees, as well as the
five FCC Commissioners have been invited. The reception will give FCBA members an
opportunity to meet both new and
returning Committee members.

Sponsorships are available for the event, including a price break for those who sponsor
this reception, and the Adelstein
Reception on February 13, 2003. Sponsors will receive recognition in the newsletter and
acknowledgement at the event.
Individual tickets to the reception may also be purchased. Please use the Registration
Form to register for the reception.

President's Message

Dear Members:

This month I would like to recognize the FCBA committee co-chairs. It has been a privilege
to work with a group of energetic
and talented leaders. I am pleased to report that our committees are as active as ever, if
not more so. We held a mid-year
co-chairs luncheon on January 28th to assess committee activities this year to date and
for the remainder of the year. The
officers provided an update on the status of the budget process (Michele Farquhar and
Diane Cornell) and transition issues and
leadership positions for next year (Sandy Wilson). Lastly, various co-chairs took the
opportunity to inform others of upcoming
events, including the February moot court competition, our first daylong FCBA enforcement
seminar, and the annual seminar. I
want to encourage those of you who want to become more active in the FCBA to contact the
committee co-chairs directly to
offer your services-it is not too late to get involved.

I want to thank all of our co-chairs and report on a few current projects by some of the
committees.

The Marketing & Membership Committee, Chaired by Pam Cooper, Chris Guttman-McCabe and
Chuck Keller, are
extraordinarily busy with several key initiatives. First, this group is working closely
with Heidi to update and improve the
FCBA's web site. Specifically, they are working to make the site more user-friendly and
considering input from our
membership survey and suggestions offered by some of you this year. Soon you will see the
fruits of their efforts when you log
on to the home page. Second, they are studying membership numbers and growth issues
generally. They will coordinate with
the Relations With Other Bars Committee, chaired by Roz Allen, Jennifer Manner and Nancy
Ory, on membership outreach
efforts to other bar associations and similar organizations, but they could use help with
this project because it involves
interacting with law schools, engineers, corporate counsel organizations, and other
institutions. Third, this committee is
re-writing the association's brochure-a project long overdue. Finally, the Marketing &
Membership Committee is looking for
ways to improve this Newsletter, including adding new features. If you have ideas or an
interest in helping with any of these
projects, please contact Pam, Chris or Chuck.

The CLE Committee co-chairs are doing an exceptional job coordinating and planning
programs with the various substantive
committees for every month of this fiscal year. You may recall that in some years there is
a tendency to group these programs
toward the end of the association's year. This year's co-chairs, Laura Phillips, Lauren
Van Wazer and Mark Grannis took my
mandate to increase the number of programs and spread them throughout the year quite
seriously. Nearly every CLE program
has been a sellout with attendance at or near 100 members each. And, importantly, we have
finally launched a remote access
program whereby members who reside outside of D.C. are able to call into our CLE programs.
The Executive Committee
talked about this issue for years and I am happy to report that this year's committee has
begun this program. Special thanks to
Executive Committee members Jim Blitz and Joe DiScipio for their oversight in launching
the remote access project.

Some of you have inquired about the timing of the new directory. I am happy to report that
you should have the new hard copy
of the directory in your hands within four weeks. Production of the directory is a
time-consuming process that, in its current
iteration, involves a substantial amount of staff time. The process historically has not
begun until late September in order to give
members ample time to send in dues renewals and ensure the most current membership
information. We are looking for ways
to improve the process for future productions, including not tying the timing of the
directory production to the dues renewal
because we now enjoy an online directory that is maintained throughout the year. Thank you
for your patience-we know that
the directory is one of the key benefits of FCBA membership as reflected in our member
survey.

It is hard to believe but it's time to begin the Nominations process for next year.
Margaret Tobey, immediate past president, will
chair this year's nominations committee. Margaret is currently accepting names for
consideration for the various FCBA and
Foundation seats. Please let Margaret know if you have an interest in running for office,
or if you would like to nominate a
worthy candidate.

I hope to see many of you at our February 13th reception honoring Commissioner Adelstein.

Peter D. Shields

Special Events

FCBA Annual Seminar 2003

Please make plans to join us for the FCBA's Annual Seminar, which will take place May 2-4,
2003, at The Homestead in
Hot Springs, VA. This year's planning committee, co-chaired by Mike Senkowski, Celia
Nogales and Kathy Zachem is
putting together a dynamic program including FCC Commissioners. More details will be
available in the March issue of the
FCBA News.

The Homestead resort, established in 1766, rests within the Allegheny Mountains of
Virginia. Golf courses, tennis courts, a
European-style spa, and a Kids Club are just a few of the activities available to
entertain you and your guests. For more details
about the resort, visit www.thehomestead.com. A Room Reservation Request Form is located
here. The deadline to reserve
a room is April 2, 2003. Seminar registration is separate, and a form will be available in
March.

We hope you will join us at The Homestead in May!

The 2003 World Computer and Internet Law Congress, May 1-2

The Computer Law Association In affiliation with, the Federal Communications Bar
Association, the Computer and
Telecommunications Section of the D.C. Bar, the D.C. Computer Law Forum, and International
Federation of Computer Law
Associations, presents the The 2003 World Computer and Internet Law Congress, A Unique
World Class Legal Summit
Focusing on Practical, "Take-Home" Advice and Guidance by Top Information Technology
Experts, on May 1-2, 2003,
Fairmont Washington Hotel, Washington, D.C.

Come Away With What You and Your Clients Truly Need to Know to Effectively Conduct
Business in Today's Global
Marketplace

Topics to include:

     Doing Business on the Internet
     New virtual workplace employment issues
     Making electronic agreements enforceable worldwide
     New tax liabilities
     Offshoring the ownership of intellectual property
     Internet advertising
     Recent intellectual property developments
     New or imminent laws, rules, and regulations and other "hot" topics
     Transactions involving key IT and internet law issues

For full conference brochure and to take advantage of special early registration check the
Computer Law Association website
at www.cla.org or call (703) 560-7747.

FCBA/ABA/NAB Co-Sponsor Las Vegas Seminar

"Fabulous 50 Hot Legal Issues"

We've done it again! We've taken your suggestions for a practical seminar of daily issues
facing broadcast lawyers and created
The Fabulous 50 Hot Legal Issues. We've structured panels to reflect how stations are
organized: sales, programming,
newsgathering, webcasting and General Headaches. (You've all no doubt worked in that
department!) Once again, we've
staffed the panels with a sensational group of in-house and outside experts to walk
through the Top 10 issues in each area in a
very faced-paced, intense program, supplemented with valuable background material. As an
added feature this year, we will
have Washington meet Wall Street for a luncheon panel assessing the practical business
fallout outside the Beltway from likely
policy changes on the Hill and at the FCC. Key Washington policy makers and incisive
investment analysts will bring us quite
an unusual perspective.

The day promises to be spirited, practical, penetrating and relevant - the makings of an
excellent seminar program!

Discounted seminar registration is available to all FCBA and ABA members. Housing fills
quickly for this event which will be
held this year at The Bellagio Hotel, Sunday, April 6. You should telephone NAB's housing
agent, Expovision, at
888-622-8830 or 703-205-9114. Be sure to tell them you are with the ABA Forum to take
advantage of the special block of
rooms. These rooms may not be available after February 7.

Program Schedule

7:30-8:45 am
Registration and Continental Breakfast

8:45-9:00 am
Introductory Remarks
Thomas B. Kelley, Chair, ABA Forum on Communications Law, Faegre & Benson, Denver, CO; and
Jeff Baumann,
Executive Vice President, National Association of Broadcasters, Washington, DC

9:00-10:00 am
Webcasting/Copyright
Top 10 "Demands" from your "web-savvy" station General Manager
Moderator: Nicole Wong, Perkins Coie, San Francisco, CA
Speakers: Jonathan Avila, Walt Disney Co., Los Angeles, CA
Benjamin Ivins, National Association of Broadcasters, Washington, DC
Jenell Trigg, Leventhal, Senter & Lerman, Washington, DC
David Wittenstein, Dow, Lohnes and Albertson, Washington, DC

10:00-11:00 am
Newsgathering
Top 10 Statements You Don't Want to Hear from Your News Director
Moderator: Guylyn Cummins, Gray Cary Ware & Freidenrich, San Diego, CA
Speakers: Lee Levine, Levine Sullivan & Koch, Washington, DC
Robert Nelon, Hall Estill, Hardwick Gable, Golden & Nelson, Oklahoma City, OK
Charles Tobin, Holland & Knight, Washington, DC
Maya Windholz, NBC, New York, NY

11:00-11:15 am
BREAK

11:15 am -12:15 pm
Sales
Top 10 Naïve Comments from Sales Department Account Executives
Moderator: Gregory Schmidt, Lin Television, Washington, DC
Speakers: Jennifer Johnson, Covington & Burling, Washington, DC
Mark Prak, Brooks Pierce McLendon Humphrey & Leonard, Raleigh, NC
Russell Schwartz, Bahakel Communications, Charlotte, NC
Margaret Tobey, Morrison & Forrester, Washington, DC

12:15-1:45 pm
LUNCHEON

Washington Meets Wall Street
Top 10 Questions for Immediate Resolution  Nickels, dimes and millions
Moderators: R. Clark Wadlow, Sidley Austin Brown & Wood, Washington, DC
Richard E. Wiley, Wiley Rein & Fielding, Washington, DC
Speakers: Bill Bailey, Senate Committee on Commerce, Science and Technology, Washington,
DC (Invited)
Kenneth Ferree, Federal Communications Commission, Washington, DC (Invited)
Jessica Wallace, House Committee on Energy and Commerce, Washington, DC (Invited)
Victor Miller, Bear Sterns, New York, NY
Tom Wolzien, Sanford Bernstein, New York, NY

1:45-2:00 pm
BREAK

2:00-3:00 pm
Programming
Top 10 TV Programming Secrets You'll Only Admit in a Privileged Conversation
Moderator: M. Anne Swanson, Dow Lohnes & Albertson, Washington, DC
Speakers: Dennis Corbett, Leventhal, Senter & Lerman, Washington, DC
Susan Fox, Walt Disney Company, Washington, DC
Charles Sennet, Tribune Company, Chicago, IL
Anita Wallgren, Sidley Austin Brown & Wood, Washington, DC

3:00-4:00 pm
Daily Compliance Headaches
Top 10 Daily Rules That Just Make You Scream
Moderator: Jerald Fritz, Allbritton Communications Company,
Washington, DC
Speakers: Paulette Dodson, Tribune Company, Chicago, IL
Kenneth Howard, Baker & Hostetler, Washington, DC
David Fleming, Gannett Company, Washington, DC
Richard Zaragoza, Shaw Pittman, Washington, DC

4:00-5:30 pm
RECEPTION

In Memoriam

David M. Hunsaker

David M. Hunsaker, a long time member of the FCBA, died on November 29, 2002. David
resided in Sterling, Virginia, and
practiced communications law as a member of Putbrese, Hunsaker and Trent, P.C. in Sterling
for the past 15 years. John Trent
described David as an excellent attorney, a gentleman and a good guy. John remarked that
during contract negotiations David
always had to be the "good guy" because that was simply who he was.

David was born in Riverside, California in 1944, and was admitted to the bar in California
in 1970, after receiving his J.D.
degree in 1969 from Columbia University. David received a master of law degree from the
University of Virginia in 1977. He
was also a member of the District of Columbia and Virginia bars. David was an Adjunct
Professor of Law at the University of
San Diego Law School early in his career, and after moving to the east coast, lectured in
communications law at The University
of Virginia Law School and George Mason University Law School. Among other publications,
David authored "Duopoly
Wars: Analysis and Case Studies of the FCC's Radio Contour Overlap Rules", which was
published in 2 CommLaw
Conspectus Journal of Communications Law and Policy 21 (1994).

John Trent described David as a meticulous attorney, an appraisal that was shared by FCBA
member Howard Liberman.
Howard and David were involved in several transactions, and Howard would use the marks-ups
and comments he would
receive from David on various transaction documents as models for the associates in
Howard's own firm.

David is survived by his wife, Sue Hunsaker of Sterling, two daughters, Jacque Adams of
Ridgecrest, California and Deborah
Bird of Chattanooga, Tennessee, a son, Justin Hunsaker of Luray, Virginia, his stepmother,
Helen Hunsaker of Port Orchard,
Washington, a brother and three grandchildren.

Committee and Chapter Events

Cable Practice Committee

Event: Brown Bag Lunch
Date/Time: Tuesday, February 25, 12:15 p.m.
Location: NCTA, 1724 Massachusetts Avenue, N.W., 2nd Floor Conference Room
Speaker(s): House Commerce Committee Counsel - TBA
Cost: none
For more info: Jim Coltharp - 202-638-5678 or Lisa Chandler Cordell - 202-939-7900
RSVP to: [email-masked]

Diversity Committee

Event: Mentorship Brown Bag Lunch (dessert and drinks provided)
Date/Time: Thursday, February 20, Noon-2:00 p.m.
Location: Black Entertainment Television, Inc., 1235 W Street, NE  Studio II
Topic: Daily responsibilities of providing legal support to a media/communications client,
career paths for in-house positions,
and the benefits and disadvantages of working for a media/communications company
Speakers: Members of BET's in-house counsel team
RSVP to: Monica Desai, [email-masked] - space is limited to 15 people

Global Telecom Development Committee

Event: Brown Bag Lunch
Date/Time: Tuesday, February 11, 12:15 p.m.
Location: Coudert Brothers, 1627 Eye Street, NW
Topic: Update on Trade Issues: Free Trade Agreements including Morocco and Central
America, WTO Services
Negotiations, and Mexico WTO case.
Speakers: Ken Schagrin and Jonathan McHale of USTR
RSVP to: Janet Hernandez at 202-736-1814 or [email-masked]

Mass Media Practice Committee

Event: Brown Bag Lunch (soft drinks, coffee and cookies provided)
Date/Time: Friday, February 28, 12:15 p.m.
Location: National Association of Broadcasters Conference Room, 1771 N Street, NW
Speaker: Ken Ferree, Chief, FCC Media Bureau
For more info: Barry Umansky - [email-masked]
RSVP to: [email-masked]

Midwest Chapter

The Chapter will host a brown bag on Feb. 5, 2003, with a presentation by Martin R. Cohen,
Executive Director of the
Citizens Utility Board (CUB). See the "Committee and Chapter News" section on page 5 for
details.

Online Communications Practice Committee

Event: Brown Bag Luncheon (drinks and desserts will be provided)
Date/Time: Wednesday, February 26, 12:15 p.m.
Location: Kelley Drye & Warren LLP; 1200 19th Street, N.W. Suite 500
Topic: Patent Licensing: Surprising Revelations About the True Currency of a
Technology-Based Economy
Speaker: Dr. David Martin, founding CEO of M·CAM, Inc.  a Charlottesville, Virginia
corporation that provides various
analytical and strategic services for the determination and enhancement of the economic
value of patents and licenses. David is
a very dynamic and informative speaker, and his topic should have broad interest
For more info: Co-Chairs Aileen Pisciotta, [email-masked]; Karlyn Stanley,
[email-masked]; and Amy
Wolverton, [email-masked]
RSVP to: Beatriz Viera-Zaloom - [email-masked]

Pacific Northwest Chapter

Event: Winter Luncheon
Date/Time: Friday, February 7, Noon  1:30 p.m.
Location: Two Union Square, 55th Floor, 601 Union Street, Seattle, WA
Topic: "If You Come to a Fork in the Road, Take It  Critical Regulatory Developments
Facing CLECs (i.e. Triennial Review)
in Today's Environment"
Speaker: Russell Frisby, Jr., head of Comptel, the leading trade association representing
U.S. and international competitive
communications firms and suppliers
Cost: $15 for FCBA members, $20 for non-members and $10 for students/public lawyers
RSVP to: Judy Endejan by February 4, 2003 at [email-masked]. Send checks to Judy
at Graham & Dunn PC,
1420 Fifth Avenue, 33rd Floor, Seattle, WA 98101. You may send a check in advance, or pay
at the door

Texas Chapter

Event: Brown Bag Lunch
Date/Time: Friday, February 21, Noon
Location: Frost Bank Building, Suite 1140, 816 Congress Avenue, Austin, TX
Topic: VoIP  State and Federal Issues 
Speakers: Scott McCollough, Stumpf, Craddock, Massey & Pulman, and Kevin Zarling, AT&T
For more info: Dineen Majcher - [email-masked]

Transactional Practice Committee

Event: Brown Bag Lunch
Date/Time: Wednesday, February 19, 12:15 p.m.
Location: Federal Communications Commission, Room 4-B516 (4 south conference room
Topic: FCC processing of major mergers
Speakers: panel of four will include Jim Bird, head of the FCC's OGC Transaction Team and
Jim Barker of Latham &
Watkins, outside counsel on a recent major merger
For more info: [email-masked] or [email-masked] or [email-masked]

Wireless Telecommunications Practice Committee

Event: Luncheon
Date/Time: Friday, February 7, 12:15 p.m.
Location: Sidley Austin Brown & Wood, 1501 K Street, NW, Conference Room 6E
Speakers: Lunch with the Wireless/Spectrum Legal Advisors to the FCC Commissioners
Cost: $15
RSVP to: see form

Young Lawyers Committee

Event: Brown Bag Lunch
Date/Time: Wednesday, February 19, 12:15 p.m.
Location: Willkie Farr & Gallagher, 1875 K Street, NW, Conference Room
Topic: "The Role of In House Counsel" - Join the YLC for a discussion with attorneys from
a number of the nation's largest
media and communications companies. Our featured speakers (TBA) will discuss their roles
as in house counsel, including the
type of regulatory and legislative work they do, and will identify the issues that are
high on their companies' agendas this year
For more info: Yaron Dori  [email-masked] or Ryan Wallach  [email-masked]

Event: Happy Hour
Date/Time: Wednesday, February 26, 6:30-8:00 p.m.
Location: Biddy Mulligans, 1500 New Hampshire Avenue, NW  closest Metro stop is Dupont
Circle on the Red Line

Committee and Chapter News

Charity Auction Committee presents $50,000 check to Beacon House/ College Bound

The proceeds of the November 21, 2002, 13th Annual Charity Auction were presented on
January 10, by some of the
members of the Auction Committee. Yaron Dori, Ryan Wallach and Pam Slipakoff went to
College Bound's headquarters to
give the Executive Director of College Bound, Rustin Lewis, a check for $50,000 to share
with Beacon House, one of the
locations that is part of College Bound's program.

College Bound is a non-profit organization that provides mentoring, academic enrichment
opportunities, and scholarships to
D.C.-area students to prepare them for college. Beacon House, which has partnered with
College Bound since 1999, works to
empower, enhance, and assist at-risk children and families in enriching their lives and
their community through creative
multi-cultural partnerships.

The auction was a tremendous success thanks to the hard work of so many members of the
FCBA.

Commendations Committee - The FCBA Honors Chuck Kelley

The FCBA recently honored Charles W. "Chuck" Kelley, Chief of the Investigations and
Hearings Division of the FCC
Enforcement Bureau, on the occasion of his retirement after 37 years of public service.
Over the years, in a number of senior
positions at the FCC, Chuck has been the epitome of high-level professionalism in his
service to the public and dealings with the
private bar.

Alan C. Campbell, Co-Chair of the FCBA Commendations Committee, represented the
Association in presenting a plaque to
Kelley at a retirement party held at the Commission on January 15. The award was
recommended by the Commendations
Committee and approved by the FCBA Executive Committee. It is the first time in recent
years that the Association has
awarded a special commendation to a non-member.

Law Journal Committee

The FCBA Law Journal Committee has been working over the past few months to give students
on the Federal
Communications Law Journal more opportunities to interact with members of the practicing
bar. To that end, we recently
facilitated attendance at Comm 101 by two student editors of the Law Journal, worked with
the Journal to enhance plans for
commemorating the 10th anniversary of publication of the Journal by the Indiana University
School of Law, and paired FCBA
members to act as mentors for the notes to be written by second year law student Journal
members. We still have a couple
of students who could be paired with mentors. If interested, please contact Jamison Prime
at [email-masked], or
202-418-7474.

Midwest Chapter

The next meeting of the Midwest Chapter of the FCBA will be on February 5, 2003, at Noon.
The meeting will be held at 30
N. La Salle Street, Suite 900, Chicago, Illinois. Please confirm your attendance with Lori
Wilson at 312-744-1568. This will
be a "bring your own" brown bag lunch.

The meeting will include a presentation by Martin R. Cohen, Executive Director of the
Citizens Utility Board (CUB). CUB is
an independent organization created by the Illinois General Assembly to represent the
interests of residential customers in
matters pertaining to the regulation of telecommunications, natural gas, water, and
electricity services.

Mr. Cohen has worked at CUB since 1985, and was appointed Executive Director in 1993. A
national consumer leader, Mr.
Cohen serves on the Board of Directors of the National Association of State Consumer
Advocates (NASUCA). He has been
a featured speaker at numerous conferences of the National Association of Regulatory
Utility Commissioners (NARUC) and
has been invited to testify in Washington before committees of the U.S. House and Senate.
Mr. Cohen will address the competitive environment in the local telecommunication market
and the pending matters before the
ICC and FCC that may have a dramatic impact on that environment from the consumer's
perspective.

If you have any questions, please call Jack Pace at 312-744-6997.

Computers for Communications Practitioners

Remedies for Writer's Block

Mouse Ergonomics and Alternative Keyboards

by Kurt E. DeSoto

Many will agree that computers are vital tools for communications practitioners. We use
them almost daily to type or edit
pleadings, maintain or look up addresses and telephone numbers, conduct research via
online databases, and navigate our
desktops and Internet browsers, to name only a few examples.

Working at a computer for extended periods, however, can sometimes cause discomfort,
tightness or numbness in hands,
fingers and wrists. Such soreness may be the onset of repetitive strain injury or "RSI."
RSI is also known as cumulative trauma
disorder ("CTD") and musculoskeletal disorder ("MSD"). One familiar example is carpal
tunnel syndrome.

Some of these problems are related to the use of a mouse. Repetitively positioning,
clicking and scrolling can overwork small
muscles in hands and wrists. This article offers a few tips to help prevent mouse-related
RSI, which can become painful (and
sometimes irreversible) if not treated. Of course, though, you should see your doctor or
physiotherapist for professional
treatment and advice.

Mouse Ergonomics

Probably the most important tip is to ensure the proper position and angle of your arm,
hand and wrist when you use your
mouse. Your mouse should be located on your desk so that you do not have to hold your hand
in an unnatural or awkward
position. Ideally, your mouse should be placed immediately adjacent to your keyboard,
which is directly in front of you so that
you do not need to reach too far or angle your wrist to use either the keyboard or mouse.
Your keyboard and mouse should
also be positioned at a height that allows your elbows to rest comfortably at your side,
with your forearm roughly parallel with
the floor and level with your keyboard. Several useful illustrations on the do's and
don'ts of keyboard and mouse placement are
posted at http://www.ccohs.ca/oshanswers/ergonomics/office/mouse/mouse_selection.html.

Additional information regarding computer-related RSI problems and remedies is available
online at the following sites:

     The U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration
     <http://www.osha.gov/SLTC/computerworkstation/index.html>
     The Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety
     <http://www.ccohs.ca/oshanswers/ergonomics/office/mouse/mouse_problems.html
     The Victorian (Australia) Government's Department of Human Services

<http://www.disability.vic.gov.au/dsonline/dsarticles.nsf/pages/Computer_related_injuries?OpenDocument>

For general portals that can direct you to various government and non-government materials
on the subject, see:

     The Typing Injury FAQ <http://www.tifaq.com/>
     RSI Page <http://eeshop.unl.edu/rsi.html>
     RSI Forum <http://www.ctdrn.org/rsi-support/>

Alternative Keyboards

Another tip is to get one of the new, enhanced keyboards that help reduce use of a mouse.
These keyboards generally include
a scroll wheel on the left side of the keyboard (to decrease the need to scroll with your
right hand), "one-touch," or "hot keys"
to provide quick access to programs or features (e.g., Word, Excel, Internet, email
program, and volume settings), and a palm
rest. These keyboards can help avoid RSI significantly. In the coming months, I will cover
voice recognition software that
eliminates typing altogether.

Three keyboards that I would recommend in particular are:

     Microsoft's Office Keyboard <http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/keyboard/ok_info.asp>
     Logitech's Elite Keyboard

<http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm?page=products/details&CRID=1&CONTENTID=5013&countryid=19&languageid=1>

     Genius's KB-21e Scroll <http://www.genius-kye.com/
genius_en/product/keyboard/kb_21e.htm>

A paper on the use of other types of keyboards (e.g., split, rotated, tented and curved
keyboards) is available from the U.S.
National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health at <http://
www.cdc.gov/niosh/97-148.html>

Alternative keyboards are available from many local retailers as well as from online
vendors. While they may cost more than
other keyboards, they might save you on doctors' fees. Some practitioners would rather you
spend your money on lawyers. On
the other hand, some doctors would rather certain lawyers suffered from writer's cramp.

Mr. DeSoto is an attorney at the law firm of Wiley Rein & Fielding LLP. He practices in
the areas of wireless and wireline
telecommunications, telephone company ratemaking, and equipment authorization. Mr. DeSoto
was previously a staff
attorney at what is now the FCC's Wireline Competition Bureau. 2/2003

Job Bank

TO RESPOND TO JOB BANK LISTINGS

If the employer is listed, send the information requested directly to the employer. If you
are responding to a BLIND BOX
listing, send ONE COPY of the information requested to Heidi Kurtz, Federal Communications
Bar Association, 1020 19th
Street, NW, Suite 325, Washington, DC 20036-6101, or EMAIL it to [email-masked]. Please
clearly indicate the Blind Box
number to which you are responding. If you are applying to a Blind Box, you may enclose a
separate note to the FCBA
specifying any organization to which you do not wish your application to be forwarded.
Responses to Blind Box listings can be
accepted only from FCBA members.

TO LIST A JOB

Complete a Job Bank Form and send or fax the Form and the appropriate payment to Heidi
Kurtz, Federal Communications
Bar Association, 1020 19th Street, NW, Suite 325, Washington, DC 20036-6101. In addition,
please email the text of the ad
to [email-masked]. Listings and payment received by the 10th day of each month will appear
in the next month's newsletter. If
possible, ads should not exceed 75 words. Please call the FCBA, (202) 293-4000, for a Job
Bank Form. (No headhunters
please).

CORPORATE

2.03.1
Sprint Corporation has an opening in its Washington, D.C. Federal Regulatory office for a
Senior Attorney with 6+ years
experience in the telecom industry. International regulatory experience, excellent
research, writing and communication skills
required. Please forward resume and writing sample, with salary requirement to: Sprint
Corporation, Attn: Office Manager, 401
9th Street, NW, Suite 400, Washington, DC 20004, Fax # (202) 585-1899.

2.03.2
Communications Law Practice Group in Washington, DC office of a multi-city law firm is
looking for a second or third year
associate attorney with experience in broadcasting and/or telecommunications matters.
Please note this is a blind box ad.

NON-PROFIT

2.03.3
USAC, a dynamic not-for-profit company in downtown DC, has an outstanding opportunity as
an Assistant Manager of High
Cost Division. The successful candidate will have 3-4 years of direct work experience as a
regulatory and/or finance person in
the telecom industry; outstanding interpersonal & communication skills; demonstrative
problem-solving skills; excellent
computer skills with intermediate level of Microsoft Office; at least 1 - 2 years of
supervisory experience, and a Bachelor's
degree from an accredited college or university. Responsibilities include the day-to-day
oversight and operation of
approximately three of the six components of the High Cost support mechanism; serve as
primary contact for the vendor(s)
who perform the high cost administrative functions; Refine and expand upon the existing
high cost procedures; oversee and
coordinate quarterly high cost filing documents; oversee and prepare quarterly high cost
materials for High Cost and Low
Income; Committee and Board of Directors meetings; assist the Manager and the Director of
the High Cost Support
Mechanism with all aspects of administering the high cost support, as needed Competitive
salary, with excellent benefit
package. If interested, please email letter of interest, resume, and salary requirements
to [email-masked]. Can also
fax to 202-478-5235 or mail to HR, 2120 L Street, NW, Suite 600, Washington, DC 20037

INTERNSHIPS

Coudert Brothers LLP is interested in hiring part-time, unpaid legal interns immediately.
The intern position will include, but not
be limited to, working with the Telecommunications Practice Group on domestic and
international regulatory matters and
assisting with the drafting, editing and publishing of Coudert Brothers'
telecommunications newsletter. Applicants should have
superior grades and excellent writing, researching and editing skills. Applicants should
send resume, cover letter, writing sample
and transcript to Coudert Brothers LLP, ATTN: Matthew Vitale, 1627 I Street, NW,
Washington, DC 20006.

FCC Enforcement Bureau Internships
The Federal Communications Commission is seeking law student interns to work in the
Enforcement Bureau, Investigations &
Hearings Division, for the Summer 2003 semester. Ideal candidates should possess an
interest in communications law; an ability
to interpret complex legal, technical, and policy issues; strong legal research and
writing skills; and an ability to interact with
individuals at all levels of authority within and outside the organization. Depending on
students' interests and the Division's
caseload, students may have the opportunity to work on common carrier, media, satellite,
and wireless enforcement cases.
Submit resumes for consideration to David Janas, [email-masked]. Please apply by March 14,
2003. For further Information
on the Enforcement Bureau, and Investigations & Hearings Division, please see the Bureau's
web page at www.fcc.gov/eb.

FCBA Foundation News

Foundation Benefits From the Bequest of a Longtime Bar Member

The FCBA Foundation is pleased to announce that its scholarship programs and other public
service initiatives will experience a
tremendous boost through a generous bequest from the late Frank U. Fletcher, who passed
away in 1995. During his long
and distinguished career, Mr. Fletcher was an FCC attorney who helped draft the
regulations implementing the
Communications Act, the senior partner at the law firm Fletcher Heald & Hildreth, a
longtime FCBA member and the FCBA
President in 1960-61. Last year, Mr. Fletcher's estate made a contribution of more than
$100,000 to the Foundation, following
the death of his spouse. This generous bequest will be used to help fund the college
scholarships we award each year to
deserving local high school students, to help defray the costs of administering the
scholarship process, and for other Foundation
activities.

While the bulk of the Foundation's funding traditionally comes from regular fundraising
events such as the Chairman's Dinner
and Golf Tournament, from annual membership contributions, and from the support and
sponsorships of members, friends and
their companies and organizations throughout the year, bequests and other forms of planned
giving such as the recent Fletcher
bequest can sustain and greatly enhance the Foundation's future efforts. In particular,
such gifts help the Foundation to continue
to award college scholarships even during times when a slow economy may impact corporate
and other donations.

The Foundation is grateful for the generous support of all our members and friends and
encourages members to give some
thought to planned giving as well. The most common and simplest form of planned giving, a
bequest, is a gift that is made
through a donor's will.

Individuals may include the Foundation in their wills by naming it for either a specific
amount or a percent share of their estate.
Other methods of planned giving, including a variety of trusts and annuities, also are
available. Members considering this form of
contribution should consult with their financial planner or tax adviser to determine which
type of gift is most appropriate to their
situation. Once again, the FCBA Foundation sincerely appreciates all of your continuing
financial support for its activities, in
whatever form.

7th Annual FCBA Foundation Golf Tournament on Monday, June 16

Its time to mark your calendars for the 7th Annual FCBA Foundation Honorable Robert E. Lee
Memorial Golf
Tournament on Monday, June 16, 2003 (the day after Father's Day). The group will return to
Bull Run Country Club in
Haymarket, Virginia. Last year the event was oversubscribed, so be alert when registration
opens. This will be the Foundation's
second visit to the Bull Run track, so players are expected to invent new excuses: "I
never played there before" no longer
works. And, regardless of your finish, it is an enjoyable day for a good cause - raising
over $25,000 for the FCBA
Foundation's Scholarship Fund, which provides college funds for deserving District of
Columbia high school graduates. Prices
and registration information will appear in the March issue of the FCBA News. If you are
interested in helping out with the
tournament planning, or on the day of the event, contact Heidi Kurtz in the FCBA office.

FCBA Takes to the Ice with Martha's Table Kids

On Saturday, February 1, 2003, FCBA volunteers again will be escorting a group of 15
youngsters from the Martha's Table
Children's Program to skate at the Sculpture Garden Ice Rink on the National Mall.
Organized by the FCBA Foundation
Volunteer Services Committee, the group will be joined by members of the Prince William
Panthers AA Youth Travel Hockey
Team, led by Brian Umansky, the son of former FCBA Foundation board member Barry Umansky.
The Panthers and
skate-savvy FCBA volunteers will teach the Martha's Table children how to skate. The event
also will feature the first annual
awarding of the Stanley (Zenor) Cup to the Martha's Table kid who shows the most skating
prowess.

Weather permitting, we will meet at Martha's Table, at 2114 - 14th Street, NW, in the
District, at 10:00 a.m., and skate from
10:30 a.m. until Noon. Then we will take our young and not so young skaters out for a
pizza lunch. If you would like to take
part in this traditionally fun event, please call
Chris Wood at 202/939-7903 ([email-masked]) or Barry Umansky at 202/263-4128
([email-masked]).

FCBA Events, CLE and Committee Registration

Name______________________________________
Organization______________________________________
Address______________________________________
Suite/Room/Apt.______________________________________
City/State/Zip ______________________________________
Phone______________________________________
Fax______________________________________
E-mail______________________________________

Check the event(s) for which you are registering:

   Friday, February 7, 2003  Wireless Luncheon, Sidley Austin Brown & Wood, Room 6-E,
1501 K Street, NW
Cost: $15
Registrations and cancellations due by 11:00 a.m., Wednesday, February 5, 2003

$_______________ Total Enclosed         Visa  MasterCard  American Express

Credit card no.______________________________________

Exp. date______________________________________

Signature______________________________________

Payment should be made in advance, however payment must be received no later than the day
of the event. Phone
registrations will not be accepted.

PLEASE FAX THIS FORM TO: Wendy Parish, Federal Communications Bar Association, Fax: (202)
293-4317

FCBA Mentor/Mentee Registration Form

The FCBA Diversity Committee will be pairing mentors and mentees on a rolling basis. Thank
you for your time
and your willingness to participate in the FCBA's Mentoring Program.

I am applying to be a Mentor ____ Mentee ____

Name_______________________________________________________________________

Organization___________________________________________________________________

Address _______________________________________________________________________

Suite/Room/Apt._______________________________________________________________________

City/State/Zip_______________________________________________________________________

Phone ________________________________ Fax __________________________________

E-mail _______________________________________________________________________

Area(s) of Communications Law Practice ___________________________________________________

Years of Practice in Communications Law___________________________________________________

Please list your law school, undergraduate and graduate education including school,
degree, graduation dates, and major and
minor, if applicable

_______________________________________________________________________________________

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Does your employer have an existing mentoring program? Yes ____ No ____

If yes, do you participate? Yes ____ No ____

If so, how?_______________________________________________________________________________

What are your hobbies and
interests?___________________________________________________________

Please list any other details that you think would help the FCBA match you with a
compatible mentor/ mentee

_______________________________________________________________________________________

_______________________________________________________________________________________

(For Mentors Only) Are you willing to mentor more than one mentee at a time? Yes ____ No
____

(For Mentees Only) Please list your primary goal(s) or reason(s) for participating in the
mentorship program.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

_______________________________________________________________________________________

PLEASE RETURN THIS FORM BY EMAIL, MAIL OR FAX TO:
Federal Communications Bar Association
1020 19th Street, N.W., Suite 325
Washington, D.C. 20036
Phone:(202) 293-4000
Fax:(202) 293-4317
E-mail:[email-masked]

Reception for Commissioner Adelstein Registration

Thursday, February 13, 2003

MAYFLOWER HOTEL, 1127 CONNECTICUT AVENUE, NW, GRAND BALLROOM
6:00 TO 8:00 P.M.

PLEASE RESERVE THE FOLLOWING

_______ Sponsorship(s) at $250.00 per sponsorship (includes two tickets to the event;
recognition in the newsletter, and
acknowledgement at the event).

_______ Sponsorship for both Adelstein and Congressional Receptions at $500.00 includes
two tickets to each event.

_______ FCBA Private Sector Member ticket(s) at $40.00 per ticket.

_______ FCBA Government/Academic/Law Student Member ticket(s) at $25.00 per ticket.

_______ Non-Member ticket(s) at $60.00 per ticket

FOR SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES

Name_______________________________________________________________________

Organization___________________________________________________________________

Address _______________________________________________________________________

Suite/Room/Apt._______________________________________________________________________

City/State/Zip_______________________________________________________________________

Phone ________________________________ Fax __________________________________

Please list names of all attendees
_____________________________________________
_____________________________________________

PAYMENT INFORMATION

$_______________ Total Enclosed         Visa  MasterCard  American Express
Credit card no.______________________________________
Exp. date______________________________________
Signature______________________________________

PLEASE SEND THIS FORM AND A CHECK MADE
PAYABLE TO THE "FCBA" NO LATER THAN
MONDAY, FEBRUARY 10 TO:

Federal Communications Bar Association
Adelstein Reception
1020 19th Street, N.W.
Suite 325
Washington, D.C. 20036-6101
Phone: (202) 293-4000
Fax: (202) 293-4317
E-mail: [email-masked]

No tickets will be mailed. Reservations will be confirmed at the Registration Desk at the
Reception.

Cancellation Policy: Due to the nature of this event, no refunds will be given for
cancellations.

Annual Seminar Reservation Request

May 2-4, 2003 · Federal Communications Bar Association

The following daily rates are per room based on the European Plan (no meals)

Please circle preferred rate:
ROOM: SUITES: (based on availability)
Single Occupancy Double Occupancy Junior: Single - $315.00 Double - $315.00
$215.00 per room $215.00 per room One Bedroom: Single - $400.00 Double - $400.00
Two Bedroom: Available Upon Request

Children sharing room with parents:
0 to 18 years  No Charge
Additional Adult - $80.00 per person, per night

15% service charge and 4.5% sales tax are additional.

Arrival date ________________________________________ Departure
date______________________________________________

Name (please print)
___________________________________________________________________________No. of
adults ______

Room mate (if applicable)
_______________________________________________________________________________________

Address
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

City_____________________________________________________ State__________________________
Zip
Code_______________

Daytime Telephone no _______________________________(E-Mail)_____________________ Fax No.
__________________________

Children's names and ages: ___________________________ ___________________________
___________________________ ___________________________

An advance deposit of the first night's room rate is required to guarantee your
reservation. Early mailing of reservations is highly
recommended. Confirmed reservations are based on room availability. Reservations must be
received by April 2, 2003 or until
the room block has been filled. Deposit may be made with Visa, MasterCard, American
Express, Diner's Club, and Discover,
which will be charged when reservation request is received. If deposit is by check payment
must be received with this
reservation request. Deposit is refundable if notice of cancellation is received at least
14 days prior to the scheduled arrival
date.

Credit Card No. ________________________________________________________ Expiration date
___________________________

    Visa   MasterCard   American Express   Discover   Diner's Club   CCA Member Card
________________________

Advance reservations and appointments are suggested for all evening dining and recreation
to ensure preferred
times. Please call 800-838-1766. Check in time is after 4:00 p.m. Check out time is before
12:00 noon.

Reservations request made by:
___________________________________________________________________Date:____________

Dress: During the day, casual attire is preferred. Jeans and bathing suits are discouraged
in The Great Hall. In the evening,
jacket and tie are required in The Dining Room and jackets elsewhere. Casual attire is
welcomed at Sam Snead's Tavern and
Players Pub.

Mail to: Group Reservations, P.O. Box 2000, Hot Springs, Virginia 24445
Reservations by fax (540-839-7922) or mail only, no phone calls, please.
Visit our website at www.thehomestead.com

Congressional Reception Registration

Honoring
Members of the House Committee on Energy and Commerce
and
the Senate Committee on Commerce, Science and Transportation

Tuesday, March 11, 2003

6:00 to 8:00 p.m.

The DIRKSEN SENATE OFFICE BUILDING
Room SD-106
1ST and C STREETS, NE

Please reserve _______ Sponsorship(s) at $300.00 per sponsorship (includes two tickets to
the event, recognition in the
newsletter, and acknowledgement at the event)

_______ Sponsorship for both Congressional and Adelstein Receptions at $500.00 includes
two tickets to each event.

Please register _______ FCBA Private Sector Member(s) at $40.00 per person

Please register _______ FCBA Government/Academic/Law Student Member(s) at $25.00 per
person

Please register _______ Non-Member(s) at $60.00 per person

Name_______________________________________________________________________

Organization___________________________________________________________________

Address _______________________________________________________________________

Suite/Room/Apt._______________________________________________________________________

City/State/Zip_______________________________________________________________________

Phone ________________________________ Fax __________________________________

E-mail____________________________________________________________________________

Please list names of all attendees (all guests' names must be received by mail, fax, or
e-mail no later than Friday, February 23):

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

$_______________ Total Enclosed         Visa  MasterCard  American Express
Credit card no.______________________________________
Exp. date______________________________________
Signature______________________________________

PLEASE SEND THIS FORM AND A CHECK MADE
PAYABLE TO THE "FCBA" NO LATER THAN
THURSDAY, MARCH 6 TO:

Federal Communications Bar Association
Congressional Reception
1020 19th Street, N.W.
Suite 325
Washington, D.C. 20036-6101
Phone: (202) 293-4000
Fax: (202) 293-4317
E-mail: [email-masked]

Phone registrations will not be accepted.
No tickets will be mailed. Reservations will be confirmed at the Registration Desk at the
Reception.

Cancellation Policy: Due to the nature of this event, no refunds will be given for
cancellations.

Calendar

February 1  Foundation Volunteers take Martha's Table kids ice skating
February 5  Midwest Chapter Brown Bag Lunch
February 5  Foundation Board of Trustees Meeting
February 7  Pacific Northwest Chapter Luncheon
February 7  Wireless Telecommunications Practice Committee Luncheon
February 8  Volunteer for Bread for the City's Free Legal Clinic
February 11  Chapter Co-Chairs Monthly Conference Call Meeting
February 11  Global Telecommunications Development Committee Brown Bag Lunch
February 13  Reception for Commissioner Adelstein, Mayflower Hotel, Washington, D.C.
February 18  Executive Committee Meeting
February 19  Transactional Practice Committee Brown Bag Lunch
February 19  Young Lawyers Committee Brown Bag Lunch
February 20  Diversity Committee's Corporate Mentorship Brown Bag lunch at BET
February 21  Texas Chapter Brown Bag Lunch
February 21-22  Annual National Telecommunications Moot Court Competition, Washington,
D.C.
February 23  Volunteer for Martha's Table and McKenna's Wagon
February 25  Cable Practice Committee Brown Bag Lunch
February 26  Online Communications Committee Brown Bag Lunch
February 26  Young Lawyers Committee Happy Hour at Biddy Mulligan's
February 28  Mass Media Practice Committee Brown Bag Lunch
March 11  6th Biennial FCBA Congressional Reception, U.S. Capitol, Washington, D.C.
April 6  FCBA/ABA/NAB Las Vegas Seminar
May 1-2  Computer Law Association Conference
May 2-4  FCBA Annual Seminar at the Homestead Resort, Hot Springs, VA
June 16  Annual Honorable Robert E. Lee Memorial Golf Tournament, Bull Run, Haymarket, VA

June 25  FCBA Annual Meeting and Luncheon with guest, Chairman Powell

Briefs and Masthead

Volunteers Wanted for Walk-In Legal Clinic

On Saturday, February 8, 2003, from 9:30 a.m. until 12:30 p.m. members of the FCBA will
volunteer at a walk-in legal clinic
helping lower income individuals sponsored by the DC Bar. We always need new individuals
to expand our ranks. You don't
have to be a "young lawyer" to volunteer!
Attorneys receive a half-hour overview/orientation beginning at 9:30 a.m. over bagels and
juice. Volunteers are expected to
assist clients only during the time they are at the clinic. No special legal knowledge is
needed - attorneys generally need to keep
an eye out for potential legal issues while using their common sense to solve a myriad of
questions and make referrals to other
organizations. Experienced attorneys on-site will assist FCBA attorneys and other
volunteers with any questions. Previous
attendees have described this as "the most satisfying volunteer experience I've had as an
attorney."

All members of the FCBA and of the DC Bar are welcome to volunteer. Paralegals and law
students are also welcome.

The clinic is located at Bread for the City, 1525 7th St., NW Washington, D.C. Metro
accessible on the Green line, Howard
University Metro station, exit at 8th & R Streets.

More information is available. For information or to RSVP by February 3, contact Cheryl
Leanza at 202-454-5683 or
[email-masked].

What's the Password?

Many of you have noticed that while trying to log into the FCBA's Online Membership
Directory:
http://www.fcba.org/directory_login.shtml, that a password is required. The password can
be located every month on page
two of the FCBA News, and will appear at the bottom of the masthead. The masthead is the
box containing the list of the
FCBA's Executive Committee members. The password changes on the 10th of every month.

Corporate Mentorship Brown Bag lunch at BET

The Diversity Committee is pleased to announce its first corporate Mentorship brown bag
lunch. The luncheon will be held on
the campus of Black Entertainment Television, Inc. (Studio II) on Thursday, February 20,
2003 from 12:00-2:00 p.m. This
event will feature candid perspectives from members of BET's in-house counsel team.
Discussion topics will include the daily
responsibilities of providing legal support to a media/communications client, career paths
for in-house positions, and the benefits
and disadvantages of working for a media/communications company. Anyone interested in
exploring or developing a career in
communications law focused on media and entertainment should attend this event. There will
be a limit of 15 participants.
Desserts and beverages will be provided. BET is located at 1235 W Street, NE. For further
information, or to rsvp, please
contact Monica Desai, Diversity Committee co-chair, at (202) 418-7419; [email-masked].

Federal Communications
Bar Association
© copyright 2003

1020 19th Street, N.W.
Suite 325
Washington, D.C. 20036-6101
Phone: (202) 293-4000
Fax: (202) 293-4317
E-mail: [email-masked]
Website: http://www.fcba.org

OFFICERS

Peter D. Shields
Wiley, Rein & Fielding LLP
President

Alexandra M. Wilson
Cox Enterprises, Inc.
President-Elect

Mark Van Bergh
Arter & Hadden, LLP
Secretary

Stuart A. Shorenstein
Wolf Block Schorr & Solis-Cohen, LLP
Assistant Secretary

Michele C. Farquhar
Hogan & Hartson, LLP
Treasurer

Diane J. Cornell
Cellular Telecommunications
& Internet Association (CTIA)
Assistant Treasurer

EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE

James S. Blitz
Joseph M. Di Scipio
Rebecca L. Dorch
Selina Y. Khan
Byron F. Marchant
Christopher D. Moore
Mark D. Schneider
Margaret L. Tobey
Bryan N. Tramont
Jennifer A. Warren
Sheryl J. Wilkerson

CHAPTER
REPRESENTATIVES

Ruth A. Bahe-Jachna
Suzanne K. Toller

DELEGATE TO AMERICAN
BAR ASSOCIATION

R. Clark Wadlow

EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR

Stanley D. Zenor

DEPUTY
DIRECTOR

Heidi M. Kurtz

Editor - Heidi M. Kurtz
Photographer - Mark Van Bergh

As of 2/10/03 passcode: 339

http://www.fcba.org

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/