Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Telecom equipment firms hoping for quick war

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 18:42:36 -0500

Telecom equipment firms hoping for quick war
Source: Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
Publication date: 2003-02-17

Telecom equipment firms hoping for quick war

Monday, February 17, 2003

The telecommunications equipment industry is quietly pinning its hopes on
a quick Iraqi war that would be followed by a U.S.-led effort to rebuild the
country. Iraq, whose communications networks were heavily damaged in the
1991 Gulf War, is sorely in need of an entirely new and modern
telecommunications system. And if a pro- American government were to
emerge in Iraq, telecommunications equipment analysts say U.S.
companies like Lucent Technologies and Motorola could gain an edge
over foreign competitors.
http://cnniw.yellowbrix.com/pages/cnniw/Story.nsp?story_id=36729213&ID=cnniw&scategory=Telecommunications&

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/