Subject: [NEXTEL-1] UTC Emergency Communications National Training Grant to Cover All Levels:

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 13:47:23 -0500

UTC Emergency Communications National Training Grant to Cover All Levels:

from The ARRL Letter, Vol 22, No 07
Website: http://www.arrl.org/ on February 14, 2003
Add a comment about this article!

UTC Emergency Communications National Training Grant to
Cover All Levels:

A generous grant from ARRL corporate partner United
Technologies Corporation (UTC) will expand reimbursed Amateur
Radio Emergency Communications Course (ARECC) training to all
three training levels and put the UTC grant program on a national
level. The three-year, $150,000 grant will reimburse the cost of
tuition to students anywhere in the US who successfully complete
ARRL's Level I, II and III Amateur Radio emergency
communication courses. An earlier UTC grant covered Level I and II
ARECC training for more than 280 Connecticut amateurs.

"This grant plays perfectly into the overall plan and scope of
emergency communication for local communities and our nation as a
whole," said ARRL Emergency Communications Course Manager
Dan Miller, K3UFG. "This will allow us to increase the number of
seats offered each month for reimbursable courses." Miller praised
UTC's foresight and proactive approach to community involvement.

ARRL Chief Development Officer Mary Hobart, K1MMH, said
UTC clearly recognizes the importance of emergency
communication. "With this new grant, UTC has taken a giant step
and renewed its commitment to Amateur Radio, emergency
communication and homeland security," she said.

Including the earlier UTC grant and a three-year federal Corporation
for National and Community Service (CNCS) award of some
$543,000, the ARRL now has secured $726,000 for emergency
communication training. That training, Hobart predicted, "will have an
impact on every state in the union."

Students successfully completing any level of the on-line Amateur
Radio Emergency Communications classes under the new UTC grant
will be eligible for reimbursement of their $45 registration fee.

Source:

The ARRL Letter Vol. 22, No. 07 February 14, 2003

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/