Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel puts decision on hold

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 20:04:00 -0500

Nextel puts decision on hold

David Westerfield / The Times

Posted on February 1, 2003

Shreveport is still in the running for a Nextel call center that could employ as many as
500
people - but company officials have postponed a decision that was expected this week.

"They are asking for a two- to six-week hold on this and other projects," said David
Berzina, senior vice president for economic development at the Greater Shreveport
Chamber of Commerce.

A letter from Nextel to the chamber indicated that the communications firm needs more
time to evaluate the project. Nextel is also considering a site in Muscle Shoals, Ala.

"I'm optimistic," Berzina said. "We put together a very aggressive incentives package and
I
am confident Shreveport will provide the best business model for their next call center
location."

Of the 500 jobs forecast in Nextel's new call center, about 85 percent are expected to be
full time, paying $8 to $12 an hour.

Precision Response Corp. let go 250 workers last February when the company closed its
Shreveport call center after losing an AT&T contract. That building could be a possible
location for Nextel.

http://www.nwlouisiana.com/html/2C8B2ECA-4C7D-41AF-AD57-67E030B7EA9C.shtml

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/