Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel adds fleet services

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 04:09:29 -0500

http://hoovnews.hoovers.com/fp.asp?layout=displaynews&doc_id=NR200301242500.8.2_a443001cee13a231&ticker=NXTL&l=ticker_news&sym=NXTL&s=11

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

| Subscribe | About Hoover's | Advertise | Site Map | Help | Log Out

<SCRIPT SRC=http://ad.doubleclick.net/adj/newscenter.com/newscenter;dcopt=ist;cui=edge;kw=nonsubscriber;sz=468x60;tile=1;ord=303384?></SCRIPT>
<NOSCRIPT>
<A HREF="http://ad.doubleclick.net/jump/newscenter.com/newscenter;cui=edge;kw=nonsubscriber;sz=468x60;tile=1;ord=303384?">
<IMG SRC="http://ad.doubleclick.net/ad/newscenter.com/newscenter;cui=edge;kw=nonsubscriber;sz=468x60;tile=1;ord=303384?" BORDER=0 WIDTH=468 HEIGHT=60 ALT='Click Here!'>Click Here!</A>
</NOSCRIPT>

Company News

IPO News

Market News

Industry News

Free Newsletters

NewsStand

E-Mail News Alerts

UK News

<SCRIPT SRC=http://ad.doubleclick.net/adj/newscenter.com/newscenter;cui=edge600;kw=nonsubscriber;sz=120x600;tile=2;ord=303384?></SCRIPT>
<NOSCRIPT>
<A HREF="http://ad.doubleclick.net/jump/newscenter.com/newscenter;cui=edge600;kw=nonsubscriber;sz=120x600;tile=2;ord=303384?">
<IMG SRC="http://ad.doubleclick.net/ad/newscenter.com/newscenter;cui=edge600;kw=nonsubscriber;sz=120x600;tile=2;ord=303384?" BORDER=0 WIDTH=120 HEIGHT=600 ALT='Click Here!'>Click Here!</A>
</NOSCRIPT>

Search

by Company Name
by Ticker
by Keyword
D&B D-U-N-S Number
by Executive Name
the News
IPO Companies
Stock Quotes
the Whole Site for

Advanced Search (See Sample)

Lead Finder

Print This Story | E-mail This Story
| Create E-mail News Alert

Nextel adds fleet services

January 24, 2003 6:48pm

Wireless provider adds five fleet-management systems Fleet
subscribers to Nextel Communications' Online Plus wireless data
service are being offered five new web-based dispatch and fleet
management applications.

Advertisement: Explore Within This Space

<SCRIPT SRC=http://ad.doubleclick.net/adj/newscenter.com/newscenter;cui=edge336;kw=nonsubscriber;sz=336x280;tile=5;ord=141262?></SCRIPT>
<NOSCRIPT>
<A HREF="http://ad.doubleclick.net/jump/newscenter.com/newscenter;cui=edge336;kw=nonsubscriber;sz=336x280;tile=5;ord=141262?">
<IMG SRC="http://ad.doubleclick.net/ad/newsnewscenter.com/newscenter;cui=edge336;kw=nonsubscriber;sz=336x280;tile=5;ord=141262?" BORDER=0 WIDTH=336 HEIGHT=280 ALT='Click Here!'>Click Here!</A>
</NOSCRIPT>

Comet Courier System from ActSoft offers wireless access to
pickup and delivery orders for drivers equipped with Nextel phones.
Customers can view shipment status using the Internet. The system
also automates invoicing, accounts receivables and driver
settlements.

Mobile Interactive Data Solutions (MIDAS) from Datatrac lets
fleets send and receive freeform messages, status updates and other
information from any Nextel Plus wireless phone. It confirms
delivery of wireless messages for dispatchers, and works with the
company's Internet-based order entry and tracking systems.

Designed for field service technicians, ArciTech combines an
Intermec mobile computer with a Nextel Plus phone. It automates
invoicing and can provide field personnel with access to customer
histories and previous job details. It also can be used to
integrate data collected at the job site with existing ERP
systems.

Penchant Software's dispatchOffice automates P&D operations
from order entry through accounts receivable. The system's wireless
interface allows drivers with Plus phones to access complete order
information, as well as update that information.

ServiceHub is a web-based tool for dispatching, remote customer
service, field service and supply chain communications. In addition
to wireless data communications, the application interfaces with
ERPs.

Nextel Online also provides users with digital two-way radio and
digital cellular voice services with a single handheld phone.

Visit www.nextel.com.

Prophesy interface for Intouch PeopleNet Communications has
announced that its Intouch G2X mobile communications and fleet
management system will soon have an interface for seamless
integration with Prophesy Transportation Solutions' dispatch and
accounting software. The new integrated communications/management
package will be aimed at small to midsize fleets.

Prophesy has also announced new interfaces for its dispatch
application that will allow integration with QuickBooks accounting
software and most fuel-card systems. The QuickBooks interface will
automate the flow of accounting and customer data from the dispatch
system, eliminating duplicate data entry. The fuel card interface
will automatically download fuel purchases and driver advances to
the dispatch system, creating exception reports to highlight any
discrepancies.

For more information, visit www.peoplenetonline.com or
www.mile.com.

Fuel consumption, mileage, location and other vehicle operating
information will be available in near real-time under a joint
venture by BellSouth Wireless Data and EverTrac Inc.

The EverTrac fleet management system collects vehicle location
and operating information for use in what it calls "e-business
solutions." BellSouth will provide the wireless communications for
the system over its nationwide packet-data network, which is said
to provide coverage for more than 93% of the urban business
population in the U.S.

Visit www.bellsouthwd.com.

Argos Software has released version 6 of its freight management
system and renamed it ABECAS Insight. Said to be completely
redesigned and reprogrammed, the client/server application is
Windows-based and uses SQL Server as its database engine, providing
a familiar Windows interface and open access to data. With new
emphasis on dispatching, trip management, driver messaging and
customer service, the new version also offers a web interface for
Internet access to freight data. Visit www.argosoftware.com for
more information.

Arsenault Associates has begun providing maintenance management
software for Pennzoil-Quaker State's commercial fleet customers.
Under a new marketing agreement, Pennzoil fleets can install and
run Dossier32 software on their own computers, or manage their
fleet-maintenance program over the Internet with Arsenault's 24/7
Fleet Online service. For more information, go to
www.pennzoil.com.

Copyright 2003 by Primedia Incorporated. All rights reserved.
www.primedia.com

Home | Companies
& Industries | IPO
Central | News
Center | Information
Marketplace | Hoover's
Publications | Newsletters
| Hoover's
Wireless

About | Log
In | Subscribe
| Advertise | Site
Map | Help |
Feedback

Copyright © 2002, Hoover's,
Inc. | Job Opportunities
| NASDAQ: HOOV
| Privacy Policy | Advertising
Info

<SCRIPT SRC=http://ad.doubleclick.net/adj/finance.com/finance;cui=default_11;kw=nonsubscriber;sz=1x1;tile=6;ord=303384?>
</SCRIPT>
<NOSCRIPT>
<A HREF="http://ad.doubleclick.net/jump/finance.com/finance;cui=default_11;kw=nonsubscriber;sz=1x1;tile=6;ord=303384?">
<IMG SRC="http://ad.doubleclick.net/ad/finance.com/finance;cui=default_11;kw=nonsubscriber;sz=1x1;tile=6;ord=303384?" BORDER=0 WIDTH=1 HEIGHT=1 ALT='Click Here!'>Click Here!</A>
</NOSCRIPT>