Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Policy Defeat Puts F.C.C. Chief in Awkward Spot

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 03:56:52 -0500

Policy Defeat Puts F.C.C. Chief in Awkward Spot

February 21st edition of the New York Times:

"Going forward, when the chairman announces his agenda everybody
will be asking, `Who is in charge here?' " said Gene Kimmelman, a
director at Consumers Union and a critic of deregulation. "It
creates a huge opening for people to approach the agency in
different ways. Once you are perceived as losing control, it's
hard to come back."

"Experts said it also exposed deep personal and philosophical
rifts at the F.C.C. that could be exploited by lobbyists and
others."

More:
http://www.nytimes.com/2003/02/22/business/22PHON.html

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/