Subject: [NEXTEL-1] RadioFrame Networks Demonstrates GSM/WLAN Convergence Solution for the Enterprise

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 16:47:31 -0500

RadioFrame Networks Demonstrates GSM/WLAN Convergence Solution for the Enterprise

Business Editors
3GSM World Congress 2003

CANNES, France--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Feb. 17, 2003--

Company Showcases the First Fully-Converged, Locally-Switched Platform at 3GSM World
Congress in Cannes

RadioFrame Networks, an indoor wireless infrastructure company, today announced they will
be
demonstrating a fully converged platform that carriers can use to offer enhanced GSM and
wireless
LAN (WLAN) services to the enterprise.

"This is an important milestone for RadioFrame as well as for carriers looking to increase
revenue
streams," said Jeff Brown, RadioFrame Networks president and CEO. "This fully functional
system
validates the opportunity for the carrier within the enterprise. With the RadioFrame(R)
System,
carriers can increase call quality and coverage for an enterprise, while having the option
to
transparently manage large enterprise wireless LANs with minimal incremental expense."

As carriers look to develop new revenue streams from their high-profit users, the
enterprise, they
face several challenges including churn, lowered network capacity and threats from
entrenched
OEMs. The RadioFrame System, a platform that supports multiple cellular standards as a
single,
centrally managed system, is one promising solution. It is the only commercially available
indoor
system to provide high coverage and quality connections to today's popular wireless
devices.

"The right in-building investment will allow carriers to gain new revenue from what they
do best.
The RadioFrame System means higher quality of service for the enterprise, particularly
seamless
handoffs in and out of building. Further, our system offloads the RF from outdoor cellular
networks
so they can be re-dedicated for their intended use," said Brown.

The company's technology is a compact, software-enabled radio system that acts like an
indoor
macrocell site without the steep costs or space requirements. The RadioFrame System
supports all
wide-area network cellular standards.

The "future-proof" nature of the RadioFrame System is another feature that is attractive
to the
enterprise and carriers alike. As the 2.5G, 3G and WLAN standards continue to mature, the
RadioFrame System will also continue to develop, having been designed to accommodate these

changes.

"ROI from their technology investments is the key driver. For carriers and enterprises we
designed
our system to be 'future-proof' so their infrastructure purchases have a much longer field
life," said
Brown.

Nextel Communications, RadioFrame's first customer, is widely recognized for its
innovative
approach to servicing enterprises.

RadioFrame Systems is available in two configurations. The 'B' Series enables an Abis
connection
into the carrier network, extending superior service and seamless handoffs indoors. The
'M' Series
offers locally switched calls and new, desirable communication features such as PBX
integration and
differentiated billing.

Both systems are based on a centrally managed platform that allows simple upgrades and
management of the network remotely, thereby lowering OpEx for the carrier.

RadioFrame is backed by some of the biggest names in wireless communications including
Orange
Ventures, Ericsson Ventures, Nextel Communications, Ignition Partners and industry
visionary Craig
McCaw.

http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/f_headline.cgi?bw.021703/230480114
--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/