Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Flarion Executive Appointed to IEEE Standards Board Review Committee

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 20:48:58 -0500

Flarion Executive Appointed to IEEE Standards Board Review Committee; Mark
Klerer, Flarion's Executive Director of Standards to Also Lead IEEE's New
'802.20' Working Group

Story Filed: Monday, February 10, 2003 8:00 AM EST

BEDMINSTER, N.J., Feb 10, 2003 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Flarion Technologies, the architect of
the 'IP-friendly'
flash-OFDM wireless broadband system, today announced that Mark Klerer, Flarion
Technologies' Executive Director of
Standards has accepted the appointment to the IEEE-Standards Association's Standards Board
Review Committee.

The IEEE-SA Standards Board Review Committee, also known as 'RevCom,' reviews proposals
for the approval of new and
revised standards and for the reaffirmation or withdrawal of existing standards to ensure
that the proposals represent a
consensus of the members of the official IEEE Sponsor balloting group.

"I am honored by the appointment to RevCom by the IEEE," said Mark Klerer, Executive
Director of Standards with Flarion
Technologies. "While at IEEE, I hope to further the development of ubiquitous broadband
connectivity, removing barriers
between wired and wireless broadband."

Mark Klerer led the IEEE efforts to the new 802.20 working group focused on Mobile
Broadband. The group's charter is to
develop an IP-friendly air-interface that delivers to mobile users traveling at speeds as
great as 250 km/hr, service levels that
are comparable to wired broadband systems, such as cable and DSL connections. By providing
ubiquitous mobile broadband
networking based on cell ranges of up to 15 km or more, the new standard will remove
barriers for mobile interactive voice,
video and data services.

Mark Klerer has over 30 years of telecommunications industry experience, including over 20
years in the development of
global standards. Before joining Flarion in the Fall of 2001, Mr. Klerer led Nortel
Networks' US standards efforts in optical
and data networking, and earlier served in key technical and standards roles at AT&T and
Bell Labs. Mr. Klerer holds an
MSSE from Stanford University and an MBA from Pace University.

For more information on RevCom, please visit http://standards.ieee.org/board/stdsbd/, and
IEEE 802.20, visit:
http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/802/mbwa/. The 802.20 group will hold its next meeting at
the IEEE 802 Plenary Meeting in
Dallas, Texas, on March 10 to 13, 2003.

About Flarion Technologies

Flarion Technologies is mobilizing the Internet with its innovative mobile communications
network technology. Flarion's
flash-OFDM(TM) technology, which originated in Bell Labs, enables licensed mobile
operators to profitably offer Internet
Protocol (IP)-based broadband services. For mobile operators, Flarion's technology has the
lowest cost per broadband
subscriber as compared to any mobile system in the world. Flarion's RadioRouter(TM) base
station product easily overlays
onto an operator's existing network and radio spectrum, and provides a seamless routing
interface to the operator's existing IP
network. Flarion's flash-OFDM-based devices provide users mobile Internet access with a
true broadband experience.
Flarion Technologies is based in Bedminster, New Jersey (USA). The Company has been named
as the #1 company on
Unstrung's "Top 25" and "Top 10 to Watch" by Red Herring Magazine. Investors include
Bessemer Venture Partners, Charles
River Ventures, Cisco Systems, Equitek Capital, New Venture Partners II LP, Nassau
Capital, Pequot Capital and SK
Telecom. More information about Flarion can be accessed at www.flarion.com.

Note to editors: Flarion, flash-OFDM and RadioRouter are trademarks of Flarion
Technologies. Other trademarks and
registered trademarks referenced herein remain the property of their respective owners.
http://library.northernlight.com/FC20030210350000071.html?cb=0&dx=1006&sc=0#doc

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/