Subject: [mobile-ip] MIPv6 v20 modifications to std RS, diff(v19,v20)

From: "Greg O'Shea" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 15:31:18 -0000

MIPv6 v19 described mods to std RS behaviour in section 7.6. Draft 20
Appendix A claims to have clarified the v19 mods but comparing 7.6
between v19 and v20 it turns out that v20 says much less (in fact
nothing) about the mods previously described in particular wrt
RTR_SOLICITATION_INTERVAL, MAX_RTR_SOLICITATIONS.

Now I don't know what to do with the code mods I previously made for the
sake of draft 19 section 7.6. Are they in or out? Can we clarify the
clarifications please.

---

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 15:47:35 +0200

> sake of draft 19 section 7.6. Are they in or out? Can we clarify the 

This is an attempted clarification of the clarification... in
issue 154

   http://www.piuha.net/~jarkko/publications/mipv6/issues/issue154.txt

we decided to remove the modifications to standard router
solicitation behaviour. Independent work in the context of
fast RA, optimistic DAD etc will take care of these issues.

Jari