Subject: [NEXTEL-1] UTC does not believe competitive coordination among all coordinators inboth the PS and IB pools is appropriate at this time;

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2003 21:05:01 -0500

Before the
Federal Communications Commission
Washington DC 20554
In the Matter of

Amendment of Section 90.20 and 90.175 of the  WT Docket No. 02-285
Commission’s Rules for Frequency  RM-10077
Coordination Of Public Safety Frequencies
in the Private Land Mobile Radio Below-470
MHz Band

REPLY COMMENTS
The United Telecom Council (“UTC”) hereby submits its reply comments
in the above-referenced proceeding.1 UTC agrees with APCO and those
commenters in favor of competitive coordination among all certified Public Safety
pool Frequency Advisory Committees (“FACs”, “coordinators”) on Public Safety
pool frequencies in the above-referenced spectrum. However, UTC opposes the
comments filed by the Industrial Telecommunications Association (ITA) to the
extent they propose that ITA be certified to provide coordination on all PLMR
frequencies in both the Public Safety (PS) and Industrial/Business (IB) frequency
pools. UTC does not believe competitive coordination among all coordinators in
both the PS and IB pools is appropriate at this time; moreover, it is outside the
scope of the instant proceeding. Should the FCC agree in principle to the
concept of inter-pool competitive coordination, it should apply established criteria
of representation, experience and resources to determine in a different proceeding
whether and which coordinators should be certified to coordinate
frequencies in both pools.

http://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/prod/ecfs/retrieve.cgi?native_or_pdf=pdf&id_document=6513403869

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/