Subject: [NEXTEL-1] UK airports to improve cellular coverage

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 17:28:35 -0500

UK airports to improve cellular coverage

The UK airports operator, BAA has announced the appointment of Cellular Design Services
(CDS) as its prime contractor for the development of strategy for the management and
implementation of radio services at all seven of BAA's U.K. airports. The agreement, which
includes cellular, WLAN and private mobile (PMR) systems, will develop a strategy to
ensure that travellers have access to a wide choice of wireless services via existing and
emerging technologies. This strategy will maximise safety and security by avoiding
disruption to BAA's core operations.
Richard Rundle, BAA's Group IT Director, announcing the decision, said, "This new
partnership will allow us to adopt a clear strategic approach to managing the use of the
radio spectrum at our airports. We want to manage the spectrum in an efficient manner,
respond to regulatory changes in spectrum licensing and enable access for a wide range of
network operators. Most of all, we want to delight the traveller via access to a wide
range of wireless services and efficient airport operations. The specialist radio
expertise and experience available to us from CDS will enable us to realise these goals."
David Pearson, Cellular Design Services Managing Director, said, "We are delighted by this
announcement. It reflects our wide experience of providing independent services to enable
wireless network roll-out and optimisation across a wide range of technologies. In
particular, our unique processes for design and implementation of in-building systems,
proven in hundreds of buildings, are key to this work."

Posted to the site on 14-Feb-03

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/