Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Business expo to aid locals

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2003 18:27:59 -0500

Posted on Wed, Feb. 05, 2003

Business expo to aid locals

By CLARE RAMSEY
Staff Writer

Columbia S.C.-area businesspeople can mingle, pick up some tips and learn about other
businesses at a Business and
Technology Expo today.

"Our big focus is on making people aware of the product and services available locally,"
said Alisha Bain, who
organized the expo for the Greater Columbia Chamber of Commerce.

The free event features about 110 exhibitors, several seminars and a silent auction.

Unlike last year, the event does not include a job fair.

Last year, the two-day event pulled in about 7,000 people on the first day.

Bain offered the following suggestions for can't-miss opportunities at the expo:

EXHIBITORS

Many of the businesses are first-time exhibitors. Bain said there will be a lot of new
technology on display.

Exhibitors include a wide-range of businesses, including Adelphia Business Solutions,
Columbia Place mall, FastSigns,
Kinko's, Le Bleu of Columbia and Nextel Communications.

BUSINESS PLANNING SEMINAR

At 10:30 a.m., volunteers from the local Senior Corps of Retired Executives chapter will
give a seminar on how to
create a business plan.

SALES TIPS

At noon, Bill McCrary of Sandler Sales Institute will speak about how to break the rules
to earn more sales.

FINANCE SEMINAR

At 2 p.m., SCORE volunteers will discuss how to successfully finance and run a business.

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/