Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Enhancing Competition:

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 13:53:08 -0500

Enhancing Competition:Are Proposed Federal Communications Commission Rules That Treat
Local Exchange
Carrier Access To Multiple Tenant Environments a Taking?

By Kathryn Gordon..............................99

The Telecommunications Act of 1996 marked a fundamental change in the attitudes of
Congress and the Federal Communications Commission toward local telephone
exchange carrier policy. This change affected local exchange carriers in many ways,
including their relationships with the owners of multiple tenant environments, such as
office buildings and apartment complexes. Under the Act, FCC rulemaking increased
competitive local exchange carriers' access to the facilities of incumbent local exchange
carriers by removing competition barriers. However, owners of of multiple tenant
environments can also act as barriers to local exchange carrier competition. This Note
will first review the general purpose behind the 1996 Act. It will then outline the
history
of local exchange carrier access to of multiple tenant environments. Finally, this Note
will examine questions related to proposed FCC rules for nondiscriminatory local
exchange carrier access to multiple tenant environments.

http://www.law.indiana.edu/fclj/pubs/v55/no1/gordon.pdf
--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/