Subject: [NEXTEL-1] To: Nextel Communications-Being charged $99.95 and no one knows why

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 06:06:05 -0500

Being charged $99.95 and no one knows why

To: Nextel Communications

The world thrives on communication today, which is why I'm so upset with the billing
or payment at Nextel Communications. Quite honestly, I'm furious about this issue.
Just for the record, here's my contact telephone information: XXX-XXX-XXXX ext XXXX.

Nextel Account Number: XXXXXXXXX
Nextel Phone Number: XXX-XXX-XXXX
FedEx Tracking Number: XXXXXXXXXX
FedEx Confirmation Number: XXXXXXX

Here's my complaint: I am a new customer with Nextel and I have been dealing with
this issue since December 9th. I have a $99.95 equipment charge on my account
from nextel. The charge is for a phone that was ordered and shipped via Fedex that I
cancelled and 2 days later it shipped. I refused it as directed by Nextel Customer
Support. The tracking number is XXXXXXXX, since it has been over 2 months the
records has been purged but you can call fedex and referenece control number
XXXXXXX. The package shows it was refused and the last location it was seen was in
Conway Arkansas. I have since been billed for this phone. I have requested since the
phone has been lost by Fedex that I receive a credit on my account since by the
tracking record provided by Fedex shows the last known location was in the Conway
Arkansas Hub. I was told to give it a few days and the credit would be issued. Days
turned into weeks and I have been calling on a routine basis. Everyday being told to
call Nextel Partners at 1-888-566-6111, then told by them to call Tele Sales at
1-888-879-9740, who then turn me over to Nextel Partners again becasue they can't
access my account. I was finally given a number to Brightpoint at 1-800-264-3436 and
told to speak with Leslie Greene. I called 4 times, the operator never answered the
phone, and leslie Greene was not listed in the directory. When I ask Nextel who is
charging me I am told they don't know. If nextel doesn't know who is charging me, but
it's on Nextels on billing statement, I think Nextel has big problems. Now the commen
answer I am given is "just pay it and you'll get credit for it", I can't afford to pay an
extra $99.95 this month for this "mystery" charge no one can help me with.

I'm not surprised, and do you know why? I've been very dissatisfied with your
company in the past. Despite this problem, I might continue using your company for
wireless service. I'm inclined to tell other people about this, just so they know what
they're up against.

Here's what I'd like to see happen: First and foremost I would like to be credited the
$99.95 for the equipment charge I am being faced with. Since FedEx lost the package
and because more importantly I never signed or received it.

And secondly I would like my records transferred from Nextel Partners over to Nextel
directly because I am EXTREMELY unhappy with the service I am receiving from
Nextel Partners. I would like to be able to call Nextel and talk directly with Nextel and
not be given a secondary phone number to call. When I signed up with Nextel no one
explained that I was not a customer of Nextel directly. If I was told I was signing up
with a "Partner" I would not of become a customer.

I hope you get back to me soon. In this age of modern communication, seemingly
simple things should not go unresolved. I'll expect a response within 10 business
days.

From:
Jeremy H.
Knoxville, TN

http://www.planetfeedback.com/sharedLetters/viewLetter/0,2936,102782-100-0-0-20-0-fb_date-desc-213831-0,00.html

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/