Subject: [mobile-ip] Sending MPS

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 09:58:20 +0530

The following text in draft 20 section "11.4.2 Sending Mobile Prefix
Solicitations" is old.

"The mobile node SHOULD send a Solicitation to the home agent when its
   home address will become invalid within MaxRtrAdvInterval seconds,
   where this value is acquired in a previous Mobile Prefix
   Advertisement from the home agent.  If no such value is known, the
   value MAX_PFX_ADV_DELAY seconds is used instead (see Section 12)."

There is no MAX_PFX_ADV_DELAY in section 12. And there is no way to know
MaxRtrAdvInterval in the MPA.
Also it should be MaxMobPfxAdvInterval instead of MaxRtrAdvInterval.

Sourajeet.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Sourajeet Mohanty
Software Engineer
Communications and Embedded Systems
L&T Infotech Ltd., Bangalore
-----------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2003 15:48:44 +0200

> Also it should be MaxMobPfxAdvInterval instead of MaxRtrAdvInterval.

Yes. Ville Nuorvala reported a similar issue earlier, see

   http://www.piuha.net/~jarkko/publications/mipv6/issues/issue245.txt

Basically, there's been an editing error for the interval constants
somewhere around issue #120... I've been trying to look back in
my issue and e-mail files to see exactly what was agreed.

Jari