Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Net Usage in Raleigh is Risin'

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 20:36:49 -0500

-------- Original Message --------
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Net Usage in Raleigh is Risin'

http://www.emarketer.com/news/article.php?1002071&format=printer_friendly

Net Usage in Raleigh is Risin'
21 February 2003
 
According to Nielsen//NetRatings, the number of at-home Net users in Raleigh-
Durham has grown by 29% over the past year. The number of affluent online in 
the market has risen substantially as well. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Nielsen//NetRatings reports that the Raleigh-Durham-Fayetteville designated 
market area (DMA) is the fastest growing US market in terms of number of people 
going online from home, with a growth rate of 29% between January 2002 and 
January 2003. The current number of at-home Internet users in the Raleigh-
Durham area is 924,000. Other local markets with strong growth in the number of 
at-home Internet users include Nashville with a growth of 19%, Sacramento with 
a growth of 19% as well and Hartford-New Haven with a growth of 17%. 

Top 10 Fastest Growing Local Markets Online In the U.S. (% Change: 2002-2003)
Raleigh, Durham, Fayetteville 29%
Nashville 19%
Sacramento, Stockton, Modesto 19%
Hartford, New Haven 17%
Washington D.C. 16%
Houston 16%
Minneapolis, St. Paul 15%
Cinncinnati 12%
San Diego 11%
Indianapolis 11%
(Note: home Internet Users Only, Nielsen/NetRatings, January 2003)

Nielsen also determined that at-home Internet users in the Raleigh-Durham area 
are increasingly wealthy. Between January 2003 and January 2002, the number of 
home Net users saying they come from households with annual income of between 
$75,000 and $99,000 grew by 72%. 

Raleigh, NC is on the move, technologically. According to the latest report 
from Telephia and Harris Interactive, Raleigh, NC ranks third in the US in 
terms of mobile penetration with a rate of 65%. 

US Cities with the Highest Mobile Phone Penetration Rates, December 2002
Greenville, SC 71%
St. Louis, MO 69%
Raleigh, NC 65%
Orlando, FL 65%
Atlanta, GA 64%
Washington, DC 64%
Boston, MA 63%
(Source: Telephia/Harris Interactive, February 2003)

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
New Yahoo! Mail Plus. More flexibility. More control. More power.
Get POP access, more storage, more filters, and more.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Hcb0iA/P.iFAA/46VHAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/