Subject: [NEXTEL-1] No billboard, no life:

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 04:45:26 -0500

No billboard, no life: For years, the big billboard at Tower's flagship
book-records-and-video complex on Broadway has promoted the company's new
music releases, gift-card deals and the like.

But thanks to a complex legal dispute, Tower's self-promotions are on hold. The
sign -- in a shock to Broadway denizens -- now carries a message from Nextel,
the cellular phone company.

As Tower spokeswoman Louise Solomon explains it, the company's lease with its
landlord gives it exclusive rights to use the billboard, which is owned by a
company called Viacom Outdoor.

But Tower's contract with Viacom expired at the end of December, creating what
Solomon calls a "rather odd gray area." Can Viacom offer the space to anyone --
or must it honor the agreement between Tower and its landlord?

That's now being explored by an army of lawyers. We'll let you know when it's
resolved.

Using your noodle: Talk about globalization. A couple of Sacramento
entrepreneurs, originally from India, have just signed a franchise agreement with
a company founded in Canada to open five local restaurants serving noodle
dishes from China, Japan, Thailand, Vietnam, Singapore and Korea.

Spandan Patel and Balroop Grewal, who moved here three years ago after
giving up engineering jobs in the Bay Area, plan to open the West Coast's first
Zyng Noodlery near Arco Arena in September. At least four others will open in the
next few years.

Zyng restaurants feature midpriced dishes cooked in an open kitchen that's a sort
of visual centerpiece. Patel and Grewal already own the Bombay Bistro in
Roseville and two local Quizno's sandwich shops. They found out about Zyng,
appropriately enough, on that bastion of globalization, the World Wide Web.

http://www.sacbee.com/content/business/story/6093476p-7049433c.html

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/