Subject: Re: [mobile-ip] Fast Handover - Network Initiated Handovers

From: "Suvidh Mathur" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 11:04:44 +0530

>> 2. The Network Initiated handovers require AR to be aware of the MIP
>> registrations
>>     for initiating three - party handover.  Keeping track of status of
MIP
>> registrations (HA -
>>     CN reg) for each connected MN would certainly be quite difficult. Is
it
>> possible to
>>     have a workaround? Maybe, MN informing the AR about status of MIP
reg?

> Don't think so. The AR only needs to be aware of the tunnel status. If
the MN
> moves prior to completing the MIP registration, the tunnel end point gets
moved.
> The current signaling probably needs some work, though, this was taken
from an
> earlier version of the draft where the signaling was somewhat different.

            jak

Eh, my understanding error :(

About tunneling, in section 4.2 mentions "the MN MAY include NCoA as the
target
address for the tunnel". This probably would mean MN putting NCoA in the
Alternate
CoA option in FBU. But I think the draft should be a bit more clear about
when and
how this should be implemented.

Also, in HAck message, the only actual distinguishing factor in HAck
message is the
identifier. Including MN's Link Layer address or MN's PCoA would be nice in
identifying HAck at the sending AR, though probably redundant.

suvidh