Subject: [NEXTEL-1] ITA stuffs the genie back in the bottle

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 04:40:08 -0500

ITA stuffs the genie back in the bottle

Gainesville, FL

The ITA must have a lot of attorneys with nothing to do but file unrealistic requests with
the FCC!!!
Seriously, does the ITA think the FCC can post-regulate the FRS any more than it can
regulate the current 27 mhz CB band? Once the FCC creates a radio service based on the CB
no-license rules, they have let the Genie out of the bottle. Trying to regulate FRS is
like trying to stuff the Genie smoke back in the bottle!!

The only leverage the FCC has over FRS or any CB radio service is through the
manufacturers and the type acceptance process. The FCC has virtually no control over the
millions of users as witnessed by the daily abuses on any CB channel.
If fact, if the FCC abolished the FRS today, users would care less and continue to use the
FRS radios because they know the FCC is a paper tiger without the resources to enforce the
ban.

David Light
Wireless Consulting

http://iwce-mrt.com/ar/radio_nuts_bolts_lament/index.htm
--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/