Subject: [NEXTEL-1] ActSoft Releases Comet GPS Tracker Software

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 19:25:10 -0500

ActSoft Releases Comet GPS Tracker Software

Comet GPS Tracker Application Wirelessly Transmits Worker Location Using
Nextel Java(TM) Technology-Enabled Handsets

TAMPA, Fla., Feb. 24 /PRNewswire/ -- ActSoft, Inc., the developer of
Comet(TM) Transportation Software, today introduced its latest software, Comet
GPS Tracker, which utilizes Global Positioning System (GPS) technology built
into Nextel Java(TM) technology-enabled handsets to allow companies to
instantly track delivery progress and dispatch jobs efficiently.  Comet GPS
Tracker wirelessly transmits latitude and longitude information to the home
office, allowing companies to obtain location information on workers, drivers,
routes and vehicles.  With instant location updates, Comet GPS Tracker can
help companies increase efficiency, reduce operating costs, improve safety and
enhance customer service.
According to Jim Wilson, CEO of ActSoft, "By providing near real-time
location information, Comet GPS Tracker gives time-critical businesses a
significant advantage.  Being able to identify where your workers are makes it
easier to send jobs to the closest worker and accurately track progress.
Businesses can improve efficiency and performance using a single device --
their worker's Nextel phone -- to handle all of their communications.  This
means companies no longer have to invest in expensive vehicle-mounted hardware
or rely on their workers to accurately report their locations."
Comet GPS Tracker uses the built-in GPS antenna available on Nextel i58sr
and i88s GPS-capable phones to pinpoint worker location.  The application
wirelessly transmits location information to a server that users access to
download location data to their workstations.  Worker locations are displayed
on a map, allowing users to quickly recognize which worker is closest to a job
or location.  Minute-by-minute updates of worker locations give Comet GPS
Tracker near real-time capabilities at a low cost.  Comet GPS Tracker offers
the ability to view a worker's exact route and generate reports of a worker's
activities over any period of time.  Location data can be stored on a user's
workstation indefinitely to help companies manage their assets more
effectively.
Comet GPS Tracker runs on Nextel's nationwide packet-data network,
supported by Nextel's services and products designed to enable enterprise
applications.  Comet GPS Tracker will be distributed via Nextel's Mobile
Application Manager, which allows customers to manage and distribute
applications in a secure over-the-air environment within seconds.

About ActSoft, Inc.
ActSoft, Inc., of Tampa, FL is the leading developer of Microsoft
Windows(R)-based transportation software.  The company provides enterprise
solutions to hundreds of delivery companies throughout the United States,
Canada, Australia, South Africa and the United Kingdom.  Their products
include Comet; Comet Dispatcher; Web Order Entry and Tracking; Comet-Connect,
Comet Express, Comet GPS Tracker and several others. Information on all
ActSoft, Inc. products, including the Comet Transportation System(TM), can be
found at http://www.actsoft.com.

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/02-24-2003/0001896328&EDATE=

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/