Subject: [NEXTEL-1] more 800MHz interference

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2003 16:47:09 -0500

-------- Original Message --------
From: "eric995us <[email-masked]>" <[email-masked]>
Subject: more 800MHz interference

On Monday I received a complaint from a local police department about
my company's CDPD service in a certain area of town.

It looks like the problem is overload of the CDPD (CDPD uses standard
800MHz cellular channels) modem's receiver from the same police
department's 800MHz transmitters.

The area in question is about 1/2 mile from an urban hilltop which
has, as far as I know, only 800MHz city/police/public safety transmitters.

In the area I'm working on, the signal levels from this site are in
the -37 to -45dBm range.  The rest of the RF in this area, including
the CDPD signals are in the -70dBm or weaker range.

The conditions that cause the overload of the CDPD modems will likely
cause overload of other non city/police/public safety radios.

It is likely that public utilities and other police agencies will have
personal working in this area.  

How would this problem get addressed?  Is this a problem?  If a
business user, or a public utility user has problems in this area and
it is because of receiver overload, will they be entitled to a
resolution to this problem?

After reading some of the comments on the FCC web page on this topic,
it seems many are adopting an "us vs them" stance.  In my opinion,
"There ain't no them....only us."

Eric

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/