Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Wireless Design Online Newsletter

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 17:10:55 -0500

================================================================
Wireless Design Online Newsletter - http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com
Thursday, February 13, 2003
================================================================
 
------------------------------------- 
FEATURED ARTICLES
-------------------------------------  
 
1) XEMICS Introduces Low Cost Transceiver Development Platform
2) Ashvattha Semiconductor Receives Patent for Isolation Technology That Enables
Multi-mode, GPS-enabled Wireless Devices
3) PrairieComm Announces Production-Ready UMTS/GSM/GPRS Baseband Processor And QuikDraw
Development Platform
 
---------------------------------------
 
1) XEMICS Introduces Low Cost Transceiver Development Platform
 
Neuchatel, Switzerland and Mountain View, CA -- XEMICS has enhanced its design-in tools
line-up with the new Starter Kit low-cost development platform. The XE1202SK enables the
demonstration of two way communication between two Radio boards to facilitate 'out of the
box' range-testing demonstration....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/12029/793725
 
2) Ashvattha Semiconductor Receives Patent for Isolation Technology That Enables
Multi-mode, GPS-enabled Wireless Devices
 
Ashvattha Semiconductor, Inc., a provider of highly integrated radio frequency (RF) chips
for the wireless market, today announced that it has been issued patent #6,486,534 for the
company's isolation technology, which supports the creation of multi-mode, multi-standard
radios on just one RF chip....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/12030/793725
 
3) PrairieComm Announces Production-Ready UMTS/GSM/GPRS Baseband Processor And QuikDraw
Development Platform
 
ROLLING MEADOWS, Ill., Feb 12, 2003 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ -- PrairieComm, Inc., an
industry leader in UMTS technology, today announced the commercial availability of the
PCI5110 multi-mode integrated baseband processor, PrairieComm's QuikDraw (Development
Reference and Application Workbench) platform, and a complete reference architecture...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/12031/793725

-----------------------------
FEATURED DOWNLOAD
-----------------------------
 
This week in the Wireless Design Online download library, we're highlighting Skyworks' new
'RF Solutions for WLAN' brochure. A Wireless Local Area Network (WLAN) combines data
connectivity with user mobility, featuring benefits in productivity, convenience and cost
compared to a traditional Local Area Network (LAN). Their flexibility and mobility make
WLAN both effective extensions and attractive alternatives to their wired counterparts.
Click here to download the complete brochure in pdf format...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/12042/793725

------------------------------------- 
FEATURED PRODUCTS
-------------------------------------
  
1) Hetero-Junction GaAs FET
2) DFSL Series Frequency Synthesizers
3) Delay Lines
4) Dielectric Resonator Filters 
5) Receiver Multicoupler
6) RadMan RF Personal Monitors
7) Quartz Crystal Resonators
8) Custom Coil Design
9) ICS-152T Board
10) GaAs HBT Amplifiers
 
---------------------------------------
 
1) Hetero-Junction GaAs FET
 
California Eastern Labs (CEL) has announced the availability of a new hetero-junction GaAs
FET from NEC. The NE38018 FET can be used as a first-stage low noise amplifier (LNA) in 1
to 3 GHz commercial receiver application. Housed in an SOT-343 package, this FET features
a +23 dBm output third order intercept (TOI) point, a 0.6 dB noise figure, and 14.5 dB
gain...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/12032/793725
 
2) DFSL Series Frequency Synthesizers
 
DFSL series frequency synthesizers were designed with a particular emphasis of zero phase
hits or pops. This in combination with extremely low microphonics and wide temperature
range, provide a unique solution for the emerging high capacity Digital Radios in the
millimeter waves, KA, KU, X and C bands....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/12033/793725
 
3) Delay Lines
 
Delay lines are a method of providing short delays in RF and Microwave systems.
Application engineers will custom configure a delay line that satisfies unique electrical
and packaging requirements. Outlined below are key delay line design considerations... 
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/12034/793725
 
4) Dielectric Resonator Filters 
 
When high performance is the key factor in operations, Trilithic offers a wide range of
cost effective filter and diplexer solutions for RF wireless applications. Among the
product selections are state-of-the-art cellular, PCS, L-Band Diplexers, AMPS, WCS
diplexers and filters...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/12035/793725
 
5) Receiver Multicoupler
 
A receiver multicoupler allows for the operation of two or more receivers connected to a
single antenna, conserving tower space and minimizing system installation and maintenance
costs. The multicoupler operates at 806 -1910 MHz. The unit consists of a preselector and
multi-stage amplifier to provide the overall system gain and noise figure....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/12036/793725
 
6) RadMan RF Personal Monitors
 
All RadMan monitors are multi-function tools that share the same compact housing, dual
electric (E) and magnetic (H) field detection, and wide-band shaped frequency response....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/12037/793725
 
7) Quartz Crystal Resonators
 
In a Corning quartz crystal, a thin slice of quartz is placed between two electrodes. An
alternating voltage applied to these electrodes causes the quartz to vibrate, or
oscillate, at a particular frequency. The frequency is a function of the thickness of the
crystal. By carefully preparing a crystal, it can be made to oscillate at any
frequency....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/12038/793725
 
8) Custom Coil Design
 
At Coil-Q Corp we can custom design any coil. We find solutions for the hard to find,
complex, discontinued, retrofit utilizing industry standard forms, i.e. 5mm, 7mm, 10mm,
potcore, toroids, etc. We make the highest quality inductors and transformers for IF / RF
filter applications....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/12043/793725
 
9) ICS-152T Board
 
Interactive Circuits and Systems (ICS) Ltd. announces the ICS-152T, a transformer-coupled
input version of the popular ICS-152 board. The ICS-152T board is ideal for acquisition of
Intermediate Frequency (IF) signals. It offers two 14-bit 65 MHz ADCs, 2 Msample on-board
buffers, VME64 DMA interface, optional RACEway/Skychannel interfaces and optional plug-in
digital tuner modules....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/12039/793725
 
10) GaAs HBT Amplifiers
 
The RF233x series of GaAs HBT devices are general-purpose broadband amplifiers designed
for use as low-noise gain blocks, IF or RF buffer amplifiers, driver stage for power
amplifiers, and the final PA for low-power products....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/12040/793725

-------------------------
ROOT CAUSE ANALYSIS
-------------------------
 
Root Cause Analysis is now available live and online!  Virtual Workshops and VertMarkets
presents Innovative, Interactive workshops by Internationally recognized Root Cause
Consultant, Bob Nelms.  Is your organization interested in root cause analysis?  Register
Now.
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/12044/793725

==========================================================
WIRELESS SOLUTIONS
IIR Telecommunications and Technology conferences focus on wireless solutions, including
profitability and next-generation strategies, indoor coverage and capacity, prepaid
services, WLANs and WiFi technologies, and more. We encourage you to visit IIR Telecoms
and technology's web site for a complete listing of upcoming events!
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/12045/793725
 
==========================================================
GENERATE LEADS
The VertMarkets Marketplace Manager is a self-service marketing tool that extends your
existing online marketing activities and lets you generate qualified sales leads for your
products.  To learn more please visit us at:  
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/content/vertpages/MarketplaceManager.asp?comingfrom=news_online_foot
 
==========================================================
FREE TRADE PUBLICATIONS 
Browse from the extensive list of trade publications by industry, title, key word or
geographic eligibility to find the titles that best match your skills and interests. All
of the magazines are absolutely free of charge, no hidden fees, no soft or trial offers,
and no obligation.   
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/12046/793725
 
==========================================================
CONSULTING SERVICES
Find the best consultant for your project through Wireless Design Online Consulting
Services. With performance data on 1,800 pre-qualified firms, this easy to use service
ensures you'll get the right firm, every time. 
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/12047/793725
 
==========================================================
CAREER SERVICES
Wireless Design Online has partnered with Artemis HR to bring you targeted resume and job
search capabilities.  Visit today:
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/12048/793725

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/