Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Input Needed for Future APCO Magazines

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 18:08:41 -0500

Barry Furey <[email-masked]> wrote:

The Editorial Advisory Committee and APCO Publications staff are seeking input for
articles to appear in future issues. First, we are seeking suggestions for topics that our
members want to see. These are always welcome, as are first time authors. Second, we will
be running a story on what changes Homeland Security issues have brought to our
communications centers, with specific attention given to activities associated with threat
level status of Orange and above. This is intended as both an overview, and to provide
food for thought for APCO members on how they may improve their readiness. We do not
intend to provide any sensitive information that might be used inappropriately, and
submitters may even remain anonymous if they so desire, perhaps being referred to only by
region, such as "one police department in the north, etc." Third, we'd like to hear from
anyone having success stories to report on the Amber Alert system. We covered the basics a
few issues back, and are hoping for a follow up in the future. Next, an upcoming issue
will focus on communications centers. Know someone who is building a state of the art
facility? Have an interesting war story or tip from a recent project of your own to share?
Please let us know. Finally, remind your commercial and technical folks that we are always
looking for articles from this side of the house. All we ask is that the piece not be
overtly commerical in nature. You can pass on any information or suggestions to
[email-masked] or [email-masked] need your help in keeping your
magazine as timely and topical as possible. Thanks for your assistance. Barry