Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Who's In and Who's Out in Washington Washington DC - June, 1996]

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2003 22:04:52 -0500

Issue 4.06 - Jun 1996
Electric Word

Who's In and Who's Out in Washington 

In

Reed Hundt
Now that Congress has reformed the nation's telecom law, all eyes
are on FCC chair Hundt to work out the niggling details. And don't
forget: the devil is in the details.

Steve Case
He's the Big Man Online. Back in 1993, AOL had only 350,000
subscribers. Now it boasts 5 million and could double that by
1998.

Janice Obuchowski
Bush's former telecom adviser founded Nextwave, a company that is
walking away a big winner in the FCC's latest round of wireless
phone auctions.

Out

Larry Pressler
Everybody wanted the ear of the Senate Commerce Committee chair
when the telecom bill was in play. Now nobody cares about him. He
may even lose his seat in November.

William Schrader
After AT&T barreled onto the ISP market, stock in Schrader's
PSINet nosedived, along with that of other Washington, DC, Net
service providers, including UUNet and Netcom.

Rupert Murdoch
Sure, Murdoch and his fellow media moguls want free space on the
airwaves to go digital. But lawmakers on Capitol Hill are giving
him static.

http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/4.06/eword.html?person=steve_ca
se&topic_set=wiredpeople

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/