Subject: Re: [NEXTEL-1] RE: Poll: Is APCO-25 an appropriate technology for Public Saf...

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 10:32:56 EST

Tetra works just fine ask the brits and everyone else including the Isreal's 
who are using it for the Military. Every Country in the world is using Tetra 
with the exception of Canada, Mexico and the US. 

The UK has a 1000 site Nationwide System install and operated by British 
Telcom under the brand name Airwave. Go to the Motorola web site and look up 
Tetra. Also goto the Airwave web site.

Hong Kong just replaced ther EDACS System for Tetra. The Russians use Tetra.

The US Military is Using The French Designed Tetrapol wich is a 2-slot FDMA 
System sold by EDAS telecom which owns Airbus and other small companies. It 
fits into a 12.5 Kihz Cahannel and is a two to one gain on channel Effeciancy 
and meets the 6.k Khz spectrum effeciancy. It has better performace than than 
P25. Contact EDAS Telecom for their coparison to P-25.

By the way we are going to an operational Tetraspol Site in the US  to see it 
first hand next week. We are also bringing 3 sites in to test for ourselves 
on our auction 40 spectrum. We are from Missouri and have to see and touch 
for ourselves

Our reports  from  sources say its working very well for our Military and 
Sadam will be able to tell you how well it works soon!

Stay Tunned Bruce Marcus CTO Marcus Comunications. Check our Web Site 
MarcusRadio.com for updates