Subject: [NEXTEL-1] U.S. Wireless Up Slightly

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 18:42:51 -0500

U.S. Wireless Up Slightly

The wireless service price breaks that filled U.S. markets at the
end of 2002 disappeared in the first month of this year. Economic
research and consulting firm Econ One reports that average
wireless service costs in the top 25 U.S. markets increased .4
percent to $35.70 in January. Increases occurred in 10 of the 25
markets and costs dropped in 13 markets.

The largest cost increases occurred in Phoenix (3.1 percent),
Denver (1.6 percent), Tampa (1.2 percent), Minneapolis (.9
percent), and Los Angeles and San Diego (.7 percent). The highest
average prices-determined from Econ One (Los Angeles) surveys
across four usage levels: 50, 200, 500 and 800 minutes-for January
were $37.23 in Denver, $37.23 in Portland, Ore., and $37.16 in
Cincinnati. The lowest prices were in Chicago ($34.11),
Sacramento, Calif. ($35.03) and Cleveland ($35.06).

 http://www.telecomweb.com/cgi/exit/exit.cgi?http://www.telecomweb.com

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/