Subject: Re: [NEXTEL-1] Re:Opinion: FCC should take "Clear Title" approach to spectrum...

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 09:10:05 EST

That aspect is not any different today than it was 10 or 15 years ago.  In 
fact, it was even worse (in some ways) back then.  Ask anybody that used to 
lobby the FCC 15 years ago to give you a "working lunch" story.  Today, I 
can't even take my close friend Lloyd to an Orioles game (which we used to do 
ALL of the time when he worked for me), unless he pays for his own ticket.  
And, Nancy Victory's party wouldn't have even been a thought 15 years ago.  
I'm not suggesting these new rules have made that any better, it's just taken 
political correctness to an extreme, and maybe (as you've suggested) forced 
influence peddling into the background.

I think that the biggest difference today is that money into the federal 
coffers is the driving force behind policy more so than it ever was in the 
past.

Alan T.

In a message dated 2/24/2003 3:04:38 AM Eastern Standard Time, 
[email-masked] writes:

> 
> Yea, Yea the Lawyer did it.......................... Not! 
> 
> The suits (oppps....I may resemble that remark) are not the only ones to 
> blame. 
> Money is flying every where I can't keep up with the invoices. Consultant 
> fees, Expenses, Reimbursement what ever column it falls under on the 
> balance sheet  the total is still the same = Influence. 
> 
> Everyone is trying to be "Politically Correct" until the checks are 
> publicly posted and "Back Door" contracts are revealed. Then every one 
> switches to CYA mode and suffers from amnesia. 
> 
>