Subject: [NEXTEL-1] ITA-Re: Spectrum Policy Task Force Report; WT Docket No. 02- 35

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2003 20:50:39 -0500

January 23, 2003
Marlene H. Dortch, Secretary
Federal Communications Commission
Office of the Secretary
445 1 2th Street, SW, Room TW-325
Washington, DC 20554
Re: Spectrum Policy Task Force Report; WT Docket No. 02- 35

Dear Ms. Dortch:

On January 23, 2003, Laura Smith and Jeremy Denton of the Industrial
Telecommunications Association, Inc. (ITA) met with Jennifer Manner, Legal
Advisor to Commissioner Kathleen Abernathy, to discuss the above-referenced
Public Notice seeking comments on the Spectrum Policy Task Force Report.
At the meeting, ITA noted the importance of private wireless systems and
their need for regulation under a command-and-control spectrum use model. ITA
also noted the opportunities to promote flexibility and secondary markets under
such a model, while also protecting the licensees from the possibility of
interference.

If there is anything I may do to further assist the Commission, please do
not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,
/s/ Jeremy Denton
Jeremy Denton
Director, Government Affairs

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/