Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Wheeler Praises Congressional E9-1-1 Caucus

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 14:41:17 -0500

Wheeler Praises Congressional E9-1-1 Caucus

February 24, 2003 WASHINGTON, D.C. – Tom Wheeler, President and CEO of The Cellular
Telecommunications & Internet Association (CTIA), today praised the new Congressional
E9-1-1 Caucus.
“We are heartened to see Congressional leadership on this vital safety issue, which
affects more than 130 million Americans,” said Wheeler. “Four months ago, the FCC issued
the Hatfield report which clarified E9-1-1’s greatest challenges. It is our hope that the
decision makers gathered in this caucus can help address those challenges and facilitate
the cooperation, organization and coordination necessary to make E9-1-1 viable nationwide.
We look forward to working closely with this caucus in the months ahead.”

The Hatfield report, and subsequent media attention on E9-1-1, focused on such issues as
PSAP readiness and coordination, state funding of E9-1-1 and seamless transport of
location information across landline networks to PSAPs.

Senator Hillary Clinton (D-NY), Senator Conrad Burns (R-MT), Congresswoman Anna Eshoo
(D-CA) and Congressman John Shimkus (R-IL) are co-chairs of the new E9-1-1 caucus.

CTIA is the international association for the wireless telecommunications industry,
representing carriers, manufacturers and wireless Internet providers.
http://www.wow-com.com

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/