Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Aether Signs Up New Customer for Wireless Fleet Tracking System

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 15:09:43 -0500

Aether Signs Up New Customer for Wireless Fleet Tracking System

By allNetDevices Staff

February 11, 2003

Aether Systems scored a customer win Monday as
nationwide truckload carrier TRL announced plans to
convert 600 trucks to Aether MobileMax for wireless fleet
tracking and messaging.

Pittston, Penn.-based TRL, which specializes in dry and
temperature-controlled transportation services, has been
using integrated mobile communications in its fleet for
nearly 10 years.

"TRL believes very strongly in the value of mobile
communications to improve fleet productivity and customer
satisfaction," said President and CEO Stephen Hrobuchak.
"After a comprehensive review, we found that MobileMax
gave us a great value for our money and does the most to
improve visibility, communication, and the overall
effectiveness of our fleet."

Aether MobileMax uses a multi-mode system that
automatically switches between land-based and satellite
communications without driver or dispatcher intervention.
The system transmits dispatch and data messages and GPS
position reports, and provides data on state-line crossings, vehicle fault codes, and
driver performance.

Also on Monday, Masternaut launched a fleet information service in the United
Kingdom that provides continuous tracking of vehicles via the Web using general
packet radio service (GPRS) networks.

"Masternaut is the first to offer GPRS-based continuous tracking via the Web," said
Martin Port, managing director of Masternaut in the U.K. "For the first time, many
businesses will be able to benefit from live fleet information through a truly
affordable service. Everything is automatic so companies do not need to worry
about keeping the system running as it is all done for them. All that is required is a
PC to access the Web and receive the e-mail reports."

The Masternaut service, which costs 2 pounds ($3.24) per vehicle per day, links to
satellite navigation, electronic driver ID and tachographs to provide real-time
information on vehicle movements and driver activity. It provides live positions every
30 seconds.

Masternaut also provides messaging, in-cab navigation and can send drivers journey
plans and real time traffic reports. The service also includes daily, weekly and
monthly e-mail reports with time sheets, actual fleet utilization and service
performance.

http://www.allnetdevices.com/wireless/news/2003/02/11/aether_signs.html
--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/