Subject: [NEXTEL-1] SiRF Stretches Reach With Enuvis

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 00:04:31 -0500

SiRF Stretches Reach With Enuvis

GPS semiconductor developer SiRF Technology has reached a
definitive agreement to acquire wireless location technology
developer Enuvis (San Francisco) to enhance its wireless location
system offerings. Terms of the deal were not disclosed. Members
of Enuvis' technology team will join SiRF.

SiRF (San Jose, Calif.) expects the acquisition to complement its
SiRFLoc Multimode location platform offering by adding a
carrier-class network location server, which allows wireless users
to determine their position in places where conventional GPS often
will not work.

SiRF will integrate Enuvis' UrbanGPS assisted-GPS technology into
its SiRFLoc Multimode platform, which adds the capability to
acquire GPS signals and deliver high-accuracy location calculations
in more environments, such as inside buildings and densely
developed metropolitan areas. Enuvis also brings a high-sensitivity,
software-based GPS engine technology that can run on multiple
DSP-based client devices. For more on this deal and other hot
topics in the wireless market, be sure to read the Feb. 12 issue of
PBI Media's Wireless Data News. For details, visit
http://www.telecomweb.com/cgi/catalog/info?WDN.
--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/