Subject: [mobile-ip] Hello...

From: "Warodom Werapun" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 09:00:43 +0700

Hello,

    I'm Mobile IPv6's newbie.

   I try to search about mobile IPv6 implementation in google.com.
I see that they seem to stop going on their work.

    You can check it from URL following topics:

http://www.cs-ipv6.lancs.ac.uk/MobileIP/
http://opensource.nus.edu.sg/projects/mobileip/
http://www.mipl.mediapoli.com/
http://www.cs.hut.fi/Research/Dynamics/
    
    Seem, they give up their works, are they?
    
    Why they stop developing?  The current things have only draft or RFC.
Are there any real implementations that I can take it to test?

    Now, blue tooth, wireless LAN are supporting roaming by their driver already.
No need to use other application with them.  And these driver usually upon vendor.
It's hard that we will get their source codes.  Where could I got Mobile IPv6 source code?

Thank you for advance
/ple

---

From: "Ed Remmell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 18:38:24 -0800

Warodom -

Last I looked, KAME/FreeBSD was updated to support the recent Mobile IPv6
draft 20, and MIPL (Mobile IPv6 for Linux) supports draft 19. So, those
Mobile IPv6 implementations are both still being actively maintained.

BTW, we just submitted draft 21 of the Mobile IPv6 specification to the IETF
today as a proposed standard.

Thanks.
- Ed Remmell
Elmic Systems, USA

  -----Original Message-----
  From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Warodom Werapun
  Sent: Wednesday, February 26, 2003 6:01 PM
  To: Mobile IPv6 mailling list
  Subject: [mobile-ip] Hello...

  Hello,

      Now, blue tooth, wireless LAN are supporting roaming by their driver
already.
  No need to use other application with them.  And these driver usually upon
vendor.
  It's hard that we will get their source codes.  Where could I got Mobile
IPv6 source code?

  Thank you for advance
  /ple