Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Alcatel to use TD-CDMA for hotspots

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 15:55:52 -0500

Alcatel to use TD-CDMA for hotspots

Alcatel has set up a partnership with IPWireless, the TD-CDMA (TDD) solutions company, to
develop solutions for mobile operators wishing to complement their GSM/GPRS and WCDMA
service offerings with TDD broadband wireless services. This solution is particularly well
adapted to deploy cost effective coverage of "Hot Zones" such as dense business areas. The
IPWireless broadband solution delivers data rates of up to 3Mbps (1.5Mbps in a 5MHz
channel) direct to users’ laptops or PCs via a PC Card (PCMCIA). In a fully deployed
network broadband coverage is as ubiquitous as today’s GSM networks.

The TDD solutions of IPWireless are already integrated and showcased in Alcatel’s 3G
Reality Centre in Paris .
“By partnering with IPWireless, Alcatel will be able to provide mobile network operators
with the latest TDD technology and services that deliver data at broadband speeds,” said
Alcatel’s Mobile Communications COO Marc Rouanne. “The IPWireless solution will enable
mobile operators to develop a whole range of new applications and services that users are
already demanding, and to offer to their key customers a real end to end continuity of 3G
services”.

Posted to the site on 11-Feb-03

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/