Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Motorola Accelerates 3G Handsets

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 00:01:17 -0500

Today’s 3G News

1) WatchMark Showcases 3G Solutions for Helping Wireless Operators 
2) M-Systems and Toshiba Unveil Mobile DiskOnChip 
3) Telefónica Móviles Carrying Out Trials of 3G LAB's Trigenix
4) Top Ten 3G Ready Nations
5) WCDMA Performance Analysis System Doubles Test Coverage 
6) Development Time and Costs Savings for 3G Handsets of up to 50 Percent
7) New Integrated OSS Solutions Help Wireless Service Providers
8) Tektronix Supports Latest 3G UMTS Release
9) Motorola Accelerates 3G Handset Development

See below for full details.
__________________________________________________________________________________

Find out how to provision for the future....starting today, with Tertio Telecoms
at 3GSM World Congress.

Tertio will be at Stand C4, Hall 1 from the 18th - 21st February in Cannes.

Click here to find out more about Tertio's market leading provisioning solutions
for mobile, data and content : http://www.telco-tertio.com/products
_________________________________________________________________________________

Today’s 3G News Follows : 
__________________________________________________________________________________

1) WatchMark Showcases 3G Solutions for Helping Wireless Operators 

As operators evaluate new handset and services offerings at 3GSM to attract and retain
profitable customers, they must also consider how to more effectively gauge the impact of
correlating increased network usage on the delivery of quality service to their
subscribers.
http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/Feb2003/4925.htm
________________________________________________________________________________

2) M-Systems and Toshiba Unveil Mobile DiskOnChip 

Storage architecture within mobile handsets, PDAs and other devices is changing to support
exploding memory needs without driving costs through the roof. Today's mobile phones and
PDAs need a large block of local storage to store full-scale operating systems and
multimedia applications such as pictures and video.

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/Feb2003/4924.htm
________________________________________________________________________________

3) Telefónica Móviles Carrying Out Trials of 3G LAB's Trigenix

3G LAB announced that Telefónica Móviles España, the operator of Telefónica Móviles Group
in Spain, is carrying out trials of 3G LAB's Trigenix technology.

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/Feb2003/4923.htm
________________________________________________________________________________

4) Top Ten 3G Ready Nations

Japan and Australia have been ranked as the two most 3G ready nations in the world, by a
unique global survey of 40 nations conducted by 3G & Wi-Fi Pacific, an industry newsletter
based in Asia.

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/Feb2003/4921.htm
________________________________________________________________________________

5) WCDMA Performance Analysis System Doubles Test Coverage 

Spirent Communications has launched a new release of its U-ATS UMTS Automatic Test System.
It is an integrated solution that enables complete characterisation of WCDMA mobile device
performance during all phases of the development and deployment cycle. 

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/Feb2003/4920.htm
________________________________________________________________________________

6) Development Time and Costs Savings for 3G Handsets of up to 50 Percent

This solution facilitates the transition from today's GSM mobile phones to multimode 3G
handsets. It supports 384 kbps data transfer as well as high-speed data transfer via EDGE,
which many operators are considering as part of the evolution to 3G. 

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/Feb2003/4918.htm
________________________________________________________________________________

7) New Integrated OSS Solutions Help Wireless Service Providers

Agilent Technologies announced its wireless data operations support system (OSS) strategy
and new and enhanced operations support system (OSS) solutions that will enable wireless
data service providers to profitably deliver the highest quality next-generation wireless
services. 
http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/Feb2003/4917.htm
________________________________________________________________________________

8) Tektronix Supports Latest 3G UMTS Release

Mobile equipment manufacturers depend on their test tools to support the latest standard
as soon as it is released. Tektronix answers this customer requirement with a proven
platform that leverages technical innovation in both 2.5G and 3G networks to support for
the latest standards as soon as customers need it.

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/Feb2003/4916.htm
________________________________________________________________________________

9) Motorola Accelerates 3G Handset Development

Motorola Semiconductor Products Sector and Symbian today introduce 2.5G and 3G handset
reference designs that reduce the development time needed to create innovative handsets
running Symbian OS™ operating system by as much as 50 percent.

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/Feb2003/4910.htm

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/