Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Cingular Wireless Offers Business Customers a Migration Solution From Mobitex To 3G

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 16:46:18 -0500

Cingular Wireless Offers Business Customers a Migration Solution From Mobitex To 3G
 -- New Data Products Leasing Program Allows Customers to Implement Wireless Data
 Solutions Today and Migrate to Next Generation Technologies Tomorrow

Story Filed: Tuesday, February 11, 2003 3:39 PM EST

LAS VEGAS, Feb 11, 2003 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ -- Cingular Wireless today announced its
Full Protection Lease
program, a new wireless equipment leasing program that allows business customers to
acquire Cingular mobile data products and
services that operate today on Cingular's Mobitex network and migrate during the term of
the lease to GPRS/EDGE-based
products.

The program allows Cingular data customers to sign up for equipment leases starting at
24-months, with an option to migrate to
next generation devices at 12 or more months. Pricing is variable according to the lease
terms, but is approximately $30 on the
24-month lease. The Full Protection Lease/ program, which will initially be available for
the RIM 950(TM) and 957(TM) wireless
handhelds, provides three primary benefits to enterprises: it eliminates the initial
expense of purchasing devices, provides a 24x7
loss and damage replacement service, and protects the company's solution investment with a
technology refresh option during the
term of the lease.

"Today, there is no better wireless data network than Mobitex for our data customers, but
we recognize that some customers will
want to migrate to GPRS/EDGE technology and devices as they mature or become available in
their markets," said Charles
Nelson, president, Cingular Interactive. "Our new equipment program allows customers to
realize all of the benefits of wireless
messaging, email and corporate applications, while protecting their investments with a
simple, cost effective migration path to next
generation technologies"

The program is offered through Asurion, a leader in wireless equipment leasing and
insurance services. "Asurion's expertise in
protecting wireless investments makes them a perfect partner to help us kick-off this
program," said Nelson. "Our customers have
been asking for a way to spread out the initial costs of devices as they deploy wireless
solutions and this program does this and
more."

For more information about Cingular's new data equipment leasing program, please visit
Cingular's website at
www.cingular.com/business.

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/