Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Starwood and Intel Enable Wireless Internet

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 21:37:43 -0500

Starwood and Intel Enable Wireless Internet
Access in Hotels Nationwide
Wednesday February 12, 10:01 am ET

WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. & SANTA CLARA, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Feb.12,
2003--Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. (NYSE:HOT - News) and Intel
Corporation today announced a marketing agreement to enable wireless Internet
access in more than 150 Sheraton, Westin and W hotels in the United States.

The installation of wireless 802.11, or Wireless Fidelity (WiFi) technology, in Starwood
hotels will take place between March and August and coincides with the upcoming
launch of Intel® Centrino(TM) mobile technology for notebook PCs. Intel's Centrino
mobile technology features built-in wireless communications capability.

Starwood and Intel are working together, through nationwide marketing, advertising and
in-hotel promotion, to drive awareness of WiFi hotspots in participating Starwood hotels
where notebook users can connect to the Internet and corporate networks wirelessly. In
addition, Starwood's wireless LAN solution will also enable the use of other wireless
devices such as PDAs, pocket PCs and tablets. Hotspots will primarily be installed in
hotel lobbies and public areas to complement in-room high-speed Internet access
already installed in most Starwood hotels.

"Frequent business travelers tend to be early adopters of new technology, especially
technology that makes life on the road easier and more productive," said Steven M.
Hankin, president, Starwood Technology and Revenue Systems. "By being among the
first to offer WiFi connectivity, Starwood's hotels will benefit as awareness and usage of

WiFi builds and users search out hotspots when traveling. We continue to aggressively
research new technologies, and develop technology amenities that make sense for our
guests."

"In preparation for the launch of Intel Centrino mobile technology, Intel is working with
companies such as Starwood to establish hotspots that will enable consumers and
business travelers to have wireless access worldwide," said Ann Lewnes Intel vice
president, Sales and Marketing Group, and director, Intel Inside® Program and
Co-Marketing. . "Through this agreement, we are enabling notebook users to have
access to their information and entertainment in the common areas of the hotel."

Intel designed Centrino mobile technology from the ground up, as well as optimized and
validated a set of technologies to enable an outstanding mobile experience. The Intel
Centrino mobile technology brand represents Intel's best technology for mobile
computing based on a new processor architecture and wireless LAN capability and is
designed for an unwired computing experience while enabling extended battery life,
outstanding mobile performance and thinner and lighter form factors.

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/030212/122082_1.html

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/