Subject: [NEXTEL-1] GPRS Wireless Priority Access Application and Push-To-Talk

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2003 23:32:20 -0400

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/April2003/5180.htm

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Make Money Online Auctions! Make $500.00 or We Will Give You Thirty Dollars for Trying!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/yMx78A/fNtFAA/i5gGAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

<script src="http://scripts.cgispy.com/randombanner/javarbanner.cgi?user=3Gtelecoms" language="JavaScript">
</script>

3G
HOME ssAdvertising
and Sponsorship ssFREE
Daily 3G Newsletter

ALL
TODAY'S PRESS RELEASES SEE BELOW

New GPRS Wireless
PA Application

7th
April 2003

CellGlide
has launched its GPRS Priority Access Manager (PA) application. A complement
to the company's GPRS Mobile Traffic Shaper(tm) (MTS) platform, the
CellGlide PA-Manager enables operators to deliver a unique service policy
for each priority access application. Operators are therefore able to
deliver the high service availability rates, short delays and guaranteed
bandwidth necessary to guarantee performance for and thereby satisfy
any GPRS priority access application

A
key requirement for operators in the current competitive environment
is to deliver GPRS services custom-tailored for any scenario in real-time
across the entire network combining specific applications, users, locations,
mobile devices and service levels. The PA-Manager allows operators to
enforce the priority access policy at cell level without compromising
Quality-of-User Experience (QoE) for all other services sharing the
same media space, and also to monitor application performance on a cell-by-cell
basis.

Priority
Access GPRS services range from a mix of wireless access services to
mission-critical business applications for example:

Point-of-Sale
solutions - many point-of-sale solutions are connected today through
expensive satellite or dedicated wireline links, or are not connected
at all due to the communications cost or mobility requirements. Priced
solely on a usage basis, with wide geographical coverage and an always-on
functionality, GPRS services provide an ideal wireless media for these
applications, immediately yielding a positive ROI for the mobile operator's
customer.

Command
and control applications - GPRS networks serve as a good replacement
for wireless access to mission-critical command and control applications.
These include control applications for utility infrastructure, most
of which are connected today through very expensive dedicated point-to-point
wireless links.

Real-time
data feeds - To push real-time data feeds of critical information, such
as real-time financial data feeds to the financial community. This replaces
data feeds overlay provided to millions of subscribers mainly through
aging and expensive paging infrastructure. GPRS infrastructure serves
as an ideal vehicle.

Wireless
"backup" lines - Since GPRS networks are "always on"
and priced according to usage, they serve as an ideal replacement for
leased wireline backup lines, usually paid-for regardless of their limited
usage.

Push-to-Talk
- the click-away private VPN that delivers voice-streaming services
uses existing GPRS networks in a way that allows subscribers to use
their mobile phones as walkie-talkie devices. Millions of subscribers
worldwide already use such services over iDEN networks, significantly
contributing to operators' ARPU.

Liron
Langer, CEO, CellGlide, said of the new application: "We are delighted
to introduce the PA-Manager and believe that it will provide mobile
operators with the opportunity to realise immediate short-term increase
in ROI. The PA-Manager takes advantage of new revenue streams by enabling
priority access applications such as wireless points of sale, remote
management, push-to-talk, and more."

This
Press Release Sponsored by AGILENT TECHNOLOGIES

TODAY'S
PRESS RELEASES

First
Wireless Multimedia Chat

The
multimedia composer and transaction engine made available by Liquid Air
Lab, combined with the mBill billing platform, enabled mBill to integrate
an existing SMS chat application with a multimedia messaging component.

MMS
Wireless Will Lack Real Content

n
top of all the other challenges facing MMS before it can become the success
that the mobile operators are hoping for and boost non-voice revenues
to new heights - one issue stands out that is crucial for the content
providers before they even think about publishing and selling content
via MMS - Digital Rights Management (DRM)

GSM
Wireless CEO Responds

Response
to Californian Congressman Darrell Issa’s letter to the Honorable
Donald Rumsfeld, US Secretary of Defence from Rob Conway, CEO of the GSM
Association and Member of its Board.

LG
Launches GPRS Wireless Video Phone for Europe

LG
will launch a rotational camera-fitted GPRS phone on the Italian market,
the largest in Europe. The camera phone model is fitted with 65,000 -color
TFD-LCD and 40 poly and intended for export to Europe.

European
Wireless Rights and Wrongs

All
European telcos can learn valuable lessons from i-mode and Vodafone live!,
according to a new brief by Forrester Research. Europe's i-mode gets the
services right and the marketing wrong, while Vodafone live! does the
opposite.

New
GPRS Wireless PA Application

The
PA-Manager allows operators to enforce the priority access policy at cell
level without compromising Quality-of-User Experience (QoE) for all other
services sharing the same media space, and also to monitor application
performance on a cell-by-cell basis.

3G
Launches to Peak in 2004, Ubiquity Waits to 2007

To
their disappointment, some operators now find it nearly impossible to
recover their investments and most have delayed their plans to deploy
3G, according to a new study by research firm Allied Business Intelligence
(ABI).

The
Next Step In Wireless Multimedia For Thailand

DTAC
announced cooperation with world’s leader in mobile communications
Nokia to strengthen its position as the leading wireless data services
provider.

3G
Home

Subscribe
To Newsletter

3G
Press Releases

3G
Phone Zone

3G
Fun Zone

3G
New Launches

3G
Events

3G
Reports

3G
Directory

Advertise

All
Material Subject to Copyright. All logos, graphics and trademarks are the
property of their respective owners.