Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Radio group seeks time to finish report to board

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 00:37:52 -0400

Radio group seeks time to finish report to board

By Bob Holliday
Pantagraph staff
BLOOMINGTON -- A special committee studying emergency radio solutions for McLean
County will need another month to finish its report.

The committee had been scheduled to report to the McLean County Board today
after getting a previous 30-day extension.
"We are getting very close," said McLean County Board Vice Chairman Matt
Sorensen, who is chairing the ad hoc committee.
Sorensen said the committee, which met Monday, should be able to complete its
work in another meeting or two.

The committee is in the midst of studying proposals for 800 MHz radio systems
from two vendors, StarComm21 and Clear Talk.

The county is looking for a new radio system because sheriff's deputies have
complained about poor reception since the $2.4 million E.F. Johnson 800-MHz
system was put into service about six years ago.

Problems with the Johnson system prompted Bloomington and Normal police to
abandon it and switch to their old 400-MHz systems.

http://www.pantagraph.com/stories/041503/new_20030415046.shtml

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get a FREE REFINANCE QUOTE - click here!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/2CXtTB/ca0FAA/i5gGAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/