Subject: [NEXTEL-1] PETER A. TENHULA NAMED ACTING DEPUTY BUREAU CHIEF OF THE WIRELESS TELECOMMUNICATIONS BUREAU

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2003 21:32:18 -0400

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE                                  NEWS MEDIA CONTACT:
April 7, 2003      Meribeth McCarrick at (202) 418-0654
e-mail: [email-masked]

PETER A. TENHULA NAMED ACTING DEPUTY BUREAU CHIEF OF THE WIRELESS
TELECOMMUNICATIONS BUREAU

 Washington, DC – – John Muleta, Chief of the FCC’s Wireless Telecommunications
Bureau has announced that Peter A. Tenhula has been named Acting Deputy Bureau
Chief.
In his new position, he will oversee matters before the Bureau’s Commercial
Wireless Division as well as the Bureau’s Auctions and Industry Analysis
Division.

“The Wireless Bureau will benefit greatly from Peter’s strategic understanding
of wireless issues,” said Muleta. “I’m very pleased he has accepted this
position as we craft a new regulatory paradigm for wireless communications.”

Tenhula will also continue to serve as Director of the FCC’s Spectrum Policy
Task Force where he is leading the next phase of the Task Force’s mission,
including the coordination of spectrum policy activities within the FCC, with
Congress and with the administration.  Before moving to the Spectrum Policy Task
Force, Tenhula served as Senior Legal Advisor to Chairman Michael K. Powell.  He
advised Chairman Powell on various issues including wireless, spectrum and
international issues.

Tenhula started his career at the FCC in 1990 as a staff attorney in the Video
Services Division of the Mass Media Bureau.  From 1991-1995, he worked in the
Administrative Law Division of the FCC’s Office of General Counsel, and from
1995-1997 he served as Special Counsel to the FCC’s General Counsel.

During his 12 ½  years at the Commission, Tenhula has had extensive experience
in a wide range of  important wireless policy developments, including the
development and implementation of the Personal Communications Services (PCS) and
the FCC's auction program.

Before joining the Commission, Tenhula served as a legal intern with U.S.
Representative Michael G. Oxley and the National Association of Broadcasters.

Tenhula holds a B.A. degree in Telecommunications from Indiana University,
Bloomington, and a J.D. from Washington University in St. Louis, Missouri.  He
is a member of the Missouri Bar and the Federal Communications Bar Association.
Peter, his wife and three young children live in Alexandria, Virginia.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Make Money Online Auctions! Make $500.00 or We Will Give You Thirty Dollars for Trying!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/yMx78A/fNtFAA/i5gGAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/