Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Fears grow over police mast plan

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2003 18:39:40 -0400

April 7, 2003
Fears grow over police mast plan

Glasgow Evening Times, UK -

FEARS have been raised over a plan by Strathclyde Police to erect around 100
police
radio transmitters.

The masts are regarded by some experts as more dangerous than conventional
mobile
phone masts.

The move is part of a £2.5billion investment across the UK.

The transmitters would provide the emergency services with a new digital
communications network.

The new Tetra system transmits a signal close to the frequency which a
government
group warned could affect brain activity.

Some experts claim that the electromagnetic radiation may cause mood swings,
headaches and memory loss.

Robin Harper of the Scottish Green Party has called for a study into the effect
of
radiation from the masts.

He said: "I would like to have a scientific judgement on the cumulative effect
of radiation
from these masts."

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/lo/news/5014446.html

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Make Money Online Auctions! Make $500.00 or We Will Give You Thirty Dollars for Trying!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/yMx78A/fNtFAA/i5gGAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/