Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Wireless Design Online Newsletter

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 18:23:53 -0400

================================================================
Wireless Design Online Newsletter - http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com
Thursday, April 17, 2003
================================================================
 
------------------------------------- 
FEATURED ARTICLES
-------------------------------------  
 
1) DoCoMo to start selling GPS handset
2) Wireless-Gear Vendors Wait for Their Call
3) Are SiPs missing an opportunity?
 
---------------------------------------
 
1) DoCoMo to start selling GPS handset
 
NTT DoCoMo says that it will begin marketing its first Global
Positioning System (GPS) compatible handset, dubbed  F661i, on April 22,
2003. The new, easy-to-operate mobile phone features a one-touch GPS
button that lets users quickly pinpoint their location...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/23669/793725
 
2) Wireless-Gear Vendors Wait for Their Call
 
The rollout of third-generation (3G) wireless networks was supposed to
fuel massive spending for wireless-equipment vendors in the next few
years. However, technical difficulties and operators' capital
constraints keep postponing 3G deployments...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/23669/793725
 
3) Are SiPs missing an opportunity?
 
A quiet revolution is underway. Practically unseen, SiP
(System-in-Package) multi-chip packaging is growing very rapidly. A SiP
combines one or multiple ICs, discretes, passives or other elements to
provide a complete system or subsystem in that one package...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/23669/793725

------------------------------------- 
FEATURED PRODUCTS
-------------------------------------
  
1) 600S Series Ultra-Low ESR Microwave Capacitors
2) PC100E Ultracapacitors
3) Q3VSMT-Series VHF-UHF Coils
4) Bluetooth Qualification Services
5) Rotary Step Attenuators
6) Component Oven
7) Fastrack M1200 Series
8) Huckstuder Design Services
 
---------------------------------------
 
1) 600S Series Ultra-Low ESR Microwave Capacitors
 
Features of the 600S Series Capacitors include the lowest ESR in class
-- typically 80 mOhms@ 1 GHz. The Highest working voltage in class --
250V. It comes in a Standard EIA size: 0603 - NPO. It has high self
resonance frequencies and is laser marked. Downloadable pdf datasheet
available...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/23670/793725
 
2) PC100E Ultracapacitors
 
Measuring 34 x 55 x 17mm, the PC100E caches approximately 300 Joules of
energy at a nominal 2.5 volts for high-powered discharges ranging from
fractions of a second to one minute. The PC100E is packaged in a
durable, lightweight, hermetically sealed stainless steel prismatic
encasement...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/23671/793725
 
3) Q3VSMT-Series VHF-UHF Coils
 
Features:
- Rugged surface mount 
- Customizable 
- Mil Quality at a Commercial Price 
- Highest Q for its size without the use of ferrites
- More...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/23676/793725
 
4) Bluetooth Qualification Services
 
RFI is able to offer a complete range of qualification and regulatory
conformance services for Bluetooth products. The following list
identifies the key service areas that RFI provides for the Bluetooth
industry...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/23672/793725
 
5) Rotary Step Attenuators
 
Trilithic's RA series rotary attenuators are recognized worldwide as the
standard for durable, precise signal level control. The series is
divided into both 50 and 75 ohm units with attenuation as high as 110 dB
dynamic range (in 10 dB steps), or as low as 1 dB range ( in 0.1 dB
steps). Downloadable pdf datasheet available...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/23673/793725
 
6) Component Oven
 
Corning's Component Oven is a small electronic device that will reduce
the variation in temperature for a component or circuit by a factor of
10 to 100. With the increasing demand for more accuracy in electronic
equipment, it is often found that the performance of a component or
circuit over a given temperature range is not adequate...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/23674/793725
 
7) Fastrack M1200 Series
 
The external FASTRACK modem delivers all the power of WISMO technology
in one unit, giving your application instant wireless capabilities.
Because the FASTRACK modem is fully type-approved, it can dramatically
speed your time to market...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/23675/793725
 
8) Huckstuder Design Services
 
HSD is a full service product design and development firm. We specialize
in Design Strategy, Product Branding, User Research, Industrial Design,
GUI design, Mechanical Design and Rapid Prototyping. By integrating
customers' needs and our clients' capabilities, we develop products that
create a competitive advantage...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/23677/793725

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Make Money Online Auctions! Make $500.00 or We Will Give You Thirty Dollars for Trying!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/yMx78A/fNtFAA/i5gGAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/