Subject: [NEXTEL-1] verizon ptt manual for v60x(p)

From: "havaloc" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 16:58:35 -0000

Found this link on another forum, this is the PTT part of the new
Motorola PTT v60 that was posted on here earlier.  This particular
link is for the add on to the manual that explains how PTT works.

Nextel should be frightened, this looks like its trivial to implement
and use, although there looks like there will be a slight delay.

It looks like Verizon will be using the Winphoria PTT solution.

I've heard dates of July for this to roll out, to Verizon's 1X areas.

https://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/prod/oet/forms/blobs/retrieve.cgi?attachment_id=317667&native_or_pdf=pdf

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get a FREE REFINANCE QUOTE - click here!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/2CXtTB/ca0FAA/i5gGAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 13:18:57 -0400

Thanks for the link...... "Dawg" posted the pictures & link yesterday from phone scoop.  But thanks
anyway we can't catch everything. Keep them coming.

> and use, although there looks like there will be a slight delay.

Actually the phone is more advanced than what the manual reflects.
This is only a Beta 2 (2 of 4) unit release it was designed to test the switch functionality.

To understand the full concept its better to read the Patent registration notes on the air interface.
I will see if I can find them.

There is a revised manual due out shortly that speaks in more technical terms.

Developers are ratcheting down the latency involved in the initial set-up by the end of 03 it will be
transparent to the user.

Yes this is a BIG threat to Nextel as I have said before we will see Nextel's ARPU shrink and their
so-called profit disappear.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Make Money Online Auctions! Make $500.00 or We Will Give You Thirty Dollars for Trying!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/yMx78A/fNtFAA/i5gGAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->