Subject: [mobile-ip] availability of MIPv6 home agent for interop testing over 6Bone?

From: "Ed Remmell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 14:29:51 -0700

ALL -

We will very soon (i.e. this week, some time) be ready to system test our
MIPv6 mobile node implementation (we've already confirmed our MIPv6 CN
implementation using TAHI). I remember seeing that Nokia has a MIPv6 home
agent available for interop testing. We would be very interested in interop
testing our MIPv6 mobile node against any MIPv6 home agent, preferably
accessible via the 6Bone (so we can do it remotely). Please let us know if
you have a home agent that we can test against this way. We would need to
know the home address to configure, also the home agent address (currently,
we don't implement DHAAD, although we will soon) to configure. Initially we
would want to test without using any IPsec between the MN and HA. Next, we
would test with IPsec manual keying (pre-shared keys). Finally (sometime in
mid-May) we would test the special K=1 variant of IKE that has the SA
endpoint change in the SADB when the MN moves.

Thanks.
- Ed Remmell
Elmic Systems, USA
http://www.elmic.com

---

From: Alexandru Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 19:23:56 +0200

Ed Remmell wrote:
> We will very soon (i.e. this week, some time) be ready to system test
>  our MIPv6 mobile node implementation (we've already confirmed our 
> MIPv6 CN implementation using TAHI). I remember seeing that Nokia has
>  a MIPv6 home agent available for interop testing.

Yes, I remember Nokia offered HA service during an IETF.

> We would be very interested in interop testing our MIPv6 mobile node
>  against any MIPv6 home agent, preferably accessible via the 6Bone
> (so we can do it remotely).

> Please let us know if you have a home agent that we can test against 
> this way.

We have an HA visible in v6;  however we very often reboot it.  If you
need I can send you the address so we might try to test.

> We would need to know the home address to configure, also the home 
> agent address (currently, we don't implement DHAAD, although we will 
> soon) to configure.

Neither do we at this moment, but it will come :-)

Alex
GBU

---

From: Tsuyoshi MOMOSE <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 17:42:34 +0900

Ed,

On 2003.4.16, at 06:29  AM, Ed Remmell wrote:

> We would be very interested in interop
> you have a home agent that we can test against this way.

kame can provide our home agent. It works on the 6bone every day.
Of course, you can also test with our implementaiton at your
local network by downloading kame snap.
But current kame is ID-20 compliant, not 21.

> Initially we

No IPsec and manual keying IPsec are possible.
With IKE may not work well.

---
MOMOSE Tsuyoshi
NEC
KAME Project