Subject: [NEXTEL-1] 3G : 3G On Way To Indonesia

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 08:09:51 -0400

Today’s 3G News

1) Wavecom Wins Deal to Power Mobile Handsets 
2) Ranger Addresses 3G Fraud
3) Cellcom to Postpone 3G Tender
4) Asian Wireless Operators Create Mobility Initiative 
5) 3G On Way To Indonesia
6) Edge Wireless Takes 3G Mediation Package
7) Motorola E390 Phone With Surround Sound

See below for full details.
__________________________________________________________________________________

FREE Tertio White Paper  -  "Provisioning for the Future"

Service provisioning touches every service delivered to every mobile subscriber.
Its role becomes even more important as data and content are introduced, and as
the rate of new service development increases. Provisioning has to be changed
more frequently, as more network elements are introduced, and the provisioning
processes become more complex. How are you provisioning for the future?

To find out more, get your FREE copy of Tertio's white paper "Provisioning for
the Future" 

http://www.telco-tertio.com/products/downloads.php4
_________________________________________________________________________________

Today’s 3G News Follows : 
__________________________________________________________________________________

1) Wavecom Wins Deal to Power Mobile Handsets 

Wavecom SA announced that it will supply TCL Mobile Communication with the core
wireless technology for TCL's S320 and S500 mobile telephones, which will be the
focus of an important marketing campaign.

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/April2003/5207.htm
________________________________________________________________________________

2) Ranger Addresses 3G Fraud

Subex Systems, the Bangalore, India-based Telecom Software Products company
announced that it has won an order from Total Access Communication (TAC),
Thailand, to deploy its flagship Fraud Management System, Ranger™. 

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/April2003/5206.htm
________________________________________________________________________________

3) Cellcom to Postpone 3G Tender

For now, Cellcom has decided to follow the market and not publish the 3G
tender,” Cellcom CTO Lipa Ogman told “Globes” in an exclusive interview.

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/April2003/5205.htm
________________________________________________________________________________

4) Asian Wireless Operators Create Mobility Initiative 

Five leading mobile operators in the region announced today that they have
teamed up to form the Asia Mobility Initiative (AMI), Asia's first initiative
which aims to enhance mobile users' experience, especially in the area of mobile
data.

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/April2003/5204.htm
________________________________________________________________________________

5) 3G On Way To Indonesia

PT. Telkom, Indonesia’s largest telecommunications operator, has selected a
Motorola CDMA2000 1X system to bring 3G wireless services to the ten provinces
of Sumatra. Sumatra is one of the largest islands and one of the fastest growing
areas in Indonesia. 
http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/April2003/5203.htm
________________________________________________________________________________

6) Edge Wireless Takes 3G Mediation Package

Openet Telecom announced that Edge Wireless will deploy FusionWorks Mediation,
Openet's convergent mediation platform, to support the rollout of new 2.5G and
3G services to its subscriber base.

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/April2003/5202.htm
________________________________________________________________________________

7) Motorola E390 Phone With Surround Sound

See it, feel it, hear it. With 3D stereo sound, built-in VGA camera, vibration
capabilities, unique disco lights, color screen and the ability to create your
own musical ring tunes, the tri-band Motorola E390 delivers a sensory overload.

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/April2003/5201.htm

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
FREE Cell Phones with up to $400 Cash Back!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/_bBUKB/vYxFAA/i5gGAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/