Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Atlantic.Net CEO Named as Finalist in American Business Awards

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2003 09:58:54 -0500

Atlantic.Net CEO Named as Finalist in American Business Awards

Business Editors/High-Tech Writers

GAINESVILLE, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--April 3, 2003--Atlantic.Net
President and CEO Manoj "Marty" Puranik was named a finalist today in
the Best Executive category of the first-ever American Business Awards.
Other Best Executive honorees include leaders of IBM, Ask Jeeves, Nextel
Communications and Black Entertainment Television.

Hailed as "the business world's own Oscars" by the New York Post
(September 22, 2002), The American Business Awards are the first
national, all-encompassing business awards program honoring great
performances in the workplace.

"I am honored to be included among the distinguished business leaders
named as finalists for this award," Puranik said. "Their stories inspire
me and their achievements challenge me every day. I want to thank the
American Business Awards for celebrating all that is positive and
promising in companies across our country."

Puranik co-founded Atlantic.Net (http://www.atlantic.net) in 1994 while
he was a student at the University of Florida. Today, the company
provides high-speed Internet access, Web services, telecommunications
and dial-up to business and residential customers across the Southeast.
Atlantic.Net is Florida's largest privately held Internet service
provider and is one of the nation's fastest-growing private companies.

"Individual awards never truly belong to an individual," Puranik said.
"I share this recognition with the entire Atlantic.Net team for their
hard work and commitment, and for believing that together we can achieve
great things. I am also grateful to the Atlantic.Net family of customers
for their loyalty and for trusting us to keep them connected at home and
at work. When I hear our customers talk about how the Internet has
changed their lives, or how our business services are helping their
employees work more efficiently, that's when I really feel like
Atlantic.Net is doing something special."

Nicknamed the Stevies(TM) for the Greek word "crowned," the awards will
be presented at a nationally broadcast show on Wednesday, April 30, at
the Sheraton New York Hotel & Towers in New York City. The ceremony will
be hosted by Charles Osgood, host of CBS News Sunday Morning and
commentator for the CBS Radio Network, and will be broadcast nationwide
on radio, and worldwide via the Internet, by Business TalkRadio.

Members of the Awards' Board of Distinguished Judges & Advisors and
their staffs will select Stevie winners from among the finalists. The
Board includes business luminaries such as Rich Karlgaard, publisher of
Forbes, Bruce Nelson, chairman & CEO of Office Depot, marketing gurus
Don Peppers and Martha Rogers, Anthony Robbins, Chairman & CEO of The
Anthony Robbins Companies, Drew Schutte, publisher of Wired Magazine,
Jeffrey Tarr, chairman & CEO of Hoover's Inc., and Donald Trump,
chairman, president and CEO of The Trump Organization.
"We began The American Business Awards last year when the public
perception of companies and business people was at a low point," said
Stevie Awards president and founder Michael Gallagher. "Our goal was to
create a showcase for the best of American business, where the people
and companies who don't get enough recognition for their good work can
be singled out and celebrated. We are so pleased that so many companies,
large and small, participated in our first year and we look forward to
honoring those who make American business the envy of the world."

http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/cb_headline.cgi?&story_file=bw.040303/230935648&directory=/altavista&header_file=header.htm&footer_file=

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Save Smiley. Help put Messenger back in the office.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/4PqtEC/anyFAA/i5gGAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/