Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Wireless Design Online Newsletter

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 12:53:58 -0400

================================================================
Wireless Design Online Newsletter - http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com
Tuesday, April 29, 2003
================================================================
 
------------------------------------- 
FEATURED ARTICLES
-------------------------------------  
 
1) SiRF's GPS Technology Powers DeLorme's New Earthmate GPS Receiver
2) Wireless LAN semiconductor market soars
3) RFID backlash prompts 'kill' feature
 
---------------------------------------
 
1) SiRF's GPS Technology Powers DeLorme's New Earthmate GPS Receiver
 
SiRF Technology, Inc. announced that its SiRFstarIIe/LP global positioning system (GPS)
technology is at the heart of the new Earthmate(R) portable navigation device by DeLorme,
the nation's leading map publishing company. Earthmate uses the SiRFstar IIe/LP chipset,
which now includes SiRF's new Adaptive TricklePower(TM) feature...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/25285/793725
 
2) Wireless LAN semiconductor market soars
 
The market for semiconductor components specific to wireless local area networks (LANs)
almost doubled year-on-year to reach $471m in 2002, industry analysts have reported. IDC
said that the 98 per cent growth was due to continued strength in the enterprise space, as
well as the rapid deployment of home networks and public hotspots...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/25285/793725
 
3) RFID backlash prompts 'kill' feature
 
Concerned over public perceptions that radio-frequency identification chips are an
invasion of privacy that could be used to track individual buying habits, several chip
makers are building a "kill" command into their upcoming RFID chips. Initial prototypes
with the feature, which effectively removes a chip's ability to communicate, are expected
to be available in June...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/25285/793725

------------------------------------- 
FEATURED PRODUCTS
-------------------------------------
  
1) Custom Coil Design
2) Microwave Conformance Services
3) Software-Definable Receiver
4) Reverse Path Programmable Gain Amplifier
5) RF Power Meter/Analyzer 
6) BlueBird CDMA 1x Modems
7) EMR Series Instruments
8) XU1001 36.0-40.0 GHz GaAs MMIC Up-Converter
 
---------------------------------------
 
1) Custom Coil Design
 
At Coil-Q Corp we can custom design any coil. We find solutions for the hard to find,
complex, discontinued, retrofit utilizing industry standard forms, i.e. 5mm, 7mm, 10mm,
potcore, toroids, etc. We make the highest quality inductors and transformers for IF/RF
filter applications...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/25294/793725
 
2) Microwave Conformance Services
 
Communications is now the fastest growing industry sector with technologies converging and
advancing constantly. At RFI we are equipped to provide compliance and regulatory services
for a wide range of microwave communications equipment including, fixed links, point to
point and point to multipoint links...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/25286/793725
 
3) Software-Definable Receiver
 
Model WJ-8629A, a software-definable surveillance receiver, is part of the SunRise
Receiver series from WJ Communications. Suited for applications requiring a
high-performance receiver and a digital signal processor (DSP) in a single package, the
device can be configured for the following application algorithms...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/25287/793725
 
4) Reverse Path Programmable Gain Amplifier
 
RF Micro Devices' RF3320 is a reverse path, programmable gain amplifier designed for use
in cable modems, set-top boxes and pay-per-view systems. Operating from a single
4.75V-5.25V (5V) power supply, the RF3320 offers a 26dB maximum voltage gain and a minimum
-22dB voltage gain affording a 50dB, digitally programmable gain range...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/25288/793725
 
5) RF Power Meter/Analyzer 
 
The Model 4500A power meter/analyzer delivers comprehensive power envelope analysis in
applications such as digital communications, HDTV, digital audio broadcast, cellular
radio, secure communications and spread spectrum analysis. The power meter features
full-color menu-driven operation with context-sensitive help...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/25289/793725
 
6) BlueBird CDMA 1x Modems
 
The BlueBird-CDMA is a fully integrated wireless modem, which means you can use it
out-of-the-box to add CDMA & 1xRTT functionality to your application. You optimize the use
of your resources and reduce the time-to-market because we have built in the functionality
and benefits that applications require. Downloadable pdf datasheet available...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/25290/793725
 
7) EMR Series Instruments
 
Narda's EMR Series offers simple operation and highly dependable results -- from EMR-20 /
EMR-30, designed primarily for industrial and medical applications, to the more flexible
EMR-200 / EMR-300. Downloadable pdf datasheet available...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/25291/793725
 
8) XU1001 36.0-40.0 GHz GaAs MMIC Up-Converter
 
Mimix Broadband's 36.0-40.0 GHz GaAs MMIC up-converter has a typical small signal
conversion gain of 4.0 dB with a 35 dB typical LO/RF isolation. The device has a pair of
sub-harmonic mixers configured to form an image reject mixer which requires an LO at
17.0-21.0 GHz. Downloadable pdf datasheet available...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/25292/793725

--------------------------------------------------------
COMPLIMENTARY WIRELESS SYSTEMS DESIGN SUBSCRIPTION
--------------------------------------------------------
 
Wireless Systems Design provides practical design solutions for engineers and engineering
managers working at the wireless systems level. Solutions-focused editorial explores the
design, simulation and testing of wireless systems and subsystems, especially focusing on
the interaction of a design's RF circuitry with its analog, baseband, DC, and digital
sections. Visit the link below to get your complimentary subscription today.
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/25295/793725

-------------------------------------
TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES
-------------------------------------
 
Sales and Marketing Training
 
>From the Sales Management Certificate Program, with its curriculum that is equivalent to a full university course in sales management, to Sales Force Automation; VertMarkets Training Network delivers these programs straight to your desktop. Enroll in the programs by visiting the link below.
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/25293/793725
 
Training Network
 
How can your organization benefit from a Learning Management System? Need to know more
about how to begin integrating a Learning Management System into your business
environment. Access the download to learn more about how one provider can help.
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/25296/793725
 
Requests for more information from this provider or any other VertMarkets provider
regarding a Learning Management System, can be forwarded to Tony Paris, Training
Specialist, at [email-masked].

-------------------------------------
INDUSTRY EVENTS
-------------------------------------
 
WIRELESS SOLUTIONS
IIR Telecommunications and Technology conferences focus on wireless solutions, including
profitability and next-generation strategies, indoor coverage and capacity, prepaid
services, WLANs and WiFi technologies, and more. We encourage you to visit IIR Telecoms
and technology's web site for a complete listing of upcoming events.
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/25297/793725

==========================================================
GENERATE LEADS
The VertMarkets Marketplace Manager is a self-service marketing tool that extends your
existing online marketing activities and lets you generate qualified sales leads for your
products.  To learn more please visit us at:  
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/content/vertpages/MarketplaceManager.asp?comingfrom=news_online_foot
 
==========================================================
CAREER SERVICES
Wireless Design Online has partnered with Artemis HR to bring you targeted resume and job
search capabilities.  Visit today:
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/25298/793725
 
==========================================================
CONSULTING SERVICES
Find the best consultant for your project through Wireless Design Online Consulting
Services. With performance data on 1,800 pre-qualified firms, this easy to use service
ensures you'll get the right firm, every time. 
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/25299/793725

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/O10svD/Me7FAA/AG3JAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/