Subject: [NEXTEL-1] APCO LAUNCHES HOMELAND SECURITY SYMPOSIUM SERIES

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2003 15:28:14 -0400

APCO LAUNCHES HOMELAND SECURITY SYMPOSIUM SERIES

  The Association of Public-Safety Communications Officials Responds to
                               the Call

    Addressing Important Public Safety Communications Issues at Three
                          Different Locations

Daytona Beach, Fla. (April 4, 2003, ) - The Association of Public-Safety
Communications Officials (APCO) - International, Inc. - announced today
the launch of the Homeland Security Symposium Series.The series
kicks-off May 5 in Kansas City, Mo.

The purpose of the Homeland Security Symposium Series is to improve the
infrastructure of public safety communications by proactively addressing
the following issues:

·Radio Spectrum and Interoperability

·Survivability and Redundancy

·Personnel, Training and Public Information

·Building and Information Security

·Contingency Planning for Every PSAP

APCO International's homeland security-directed efforts began with the
creation of the Homeland Security Task Force in February 2002.In June
2002, APCO International convened a Summit in Washington, D.C. that
brought together legislators, federal officials, state and local
representative organizations and APCO members to begin designing a long
term homeland security strategy for public safety communicators, as well
as administrators and managers of public safety communications
systems.By August 2002, the Homeland Security Task Force had created an
informative Homeland Security White Paper.

The Homeland Security Symposium Series will continue in Washington, D.C.
on June 6 and in Sacramento, Calif. on June 13.Registration for each
symposium is $99 and includes a Welcome Reception the night before the
event.Presenters include members of APCO International's Homeland
Security Task Force, APCO members who have directly responded to the
call of terrorist attack, and other Homeland Security experts.For more
information visit
www.apco911.org/conferences/symposiums/homelandsecurity.htm.

About APCO International

The Association of Public-Safety Communications Officials-International,
Inc. is the world's oldest and largest not-for-profit professional
organization dedicated to the enhancement of public safety
communications.With more than 16,000 members around the world, APCO
International exists to serve the people who manage, operate, maintain,
and supply the communications systems used to safeguard the lives and
property of citizens everywhere.

                                  -30-