Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Senate bill would include wireless in modernized emergency warning system

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2003 20:35:23 -0400

Senate bill would include wireless in modernized emergency warning system
April 04 13:01:00, 2003

WASHINGTON—The Senate has approved legislation to modernize emergency warning
systems by integrating wireless,
Internet and other technologies into the mix.

The bill, sponsored by Senate presidential hopeful John Edwards (D-N.C.) and
passed late Thursday as part of an $80
billion war bill, would earmark $10 million to improve local and national
emergency alert systems.

“We must do more to ensure all Americans get the timely and practical
information they need to protect themselves in a
disaster,” said Edwards.

http://rcrnews.com/cgi-bin/news.pl?newsId=7940

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get a FREE REFINANCE QUOTE - click here!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/2CXtTB/ca0FAA/i5gGAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/