Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel Showcases Data Services at Meydenbauer Center; Offers Expanded Direct Connect Service for Northwest Customers

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 11:46:25 -0400

April 16, 2003 09:01 AM US Eastern Timezone

Nextel Showcases Data Services at Meydenbauer Center; Offers Expanded Direct
Connect Service for Northwest Customers

REDMOND, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--April 16, 2003--Nextel Communications, Inc.
(NASDAQ:NXTL) announced it is hosting more than 300 business, enterprise and
public safety representatives at a showcase of wireless data applications today
at the Meydenbauer Center in Bellevue.
Nextel is partnering with numerous wireless leaders -- including Motorola, IBM,
EDS, Symbol, Corrigo, Televigation and others -- to demonstrate new wireless
technology that is changing the way American businesses, government and public
safety agencies are communicating.

"The Nextel Data Showcase introduces technologies that have the ability to
dramatically improve the way information is exchanged within businesses and
government agencies and how information is shared with customers or constituents
externally," said Nextel Area Vice President Jeff Brennan. "Nextel is
experiencing enormous success within the business, public safety and government
sectors because we have taken a device that everyone understands - a wireless
phone - and made it a four-in-one communications tool that has incredible power.
It is a digital wireless phone, it is a very potent wireless data and messaging
device and it is the world's most powerful digital walkie-talkie, all rolled
into one."

There will be more than 20 technology demonstrations at the showcase including:

-- Televigation's "TeleNav" application that offers GPS driven navigation and
re-routing data similar to expensive in-car navigation systems, but at a
fraction of the price.

-- AirPut's "AirHours" application that records and tracks labor costs allowing
for real time labor management and assessments.

-- Research In Motion's popular "BlackBerry" device, which, for the first time
ever, now features a walkie-talkie feature via Nextel's Direct Connect service.

-- Nextel's interoperable wireless phones, which allow business and government
entities to instantly communicate using Direct Connect.

Nextel Expands Direct Connect Capabilities

Nextel recently announced that Northwest customers now benefit from its expanded
digital walkie-talkie capabilities. Nextel users traveling between most large
U.S. cities can communicate instantly using Direct Connect with people who
reside in the market to which they have traveled. Additionally, they can use the
Direct Connect feature with other Nextel subscribers who have traveled with
them. Later in the year, Nextel expects to introduce Nationwide Direct
Connect(TM), which will give any Nextel customer the ability to instantly
connect with anyone on Nextel's national network, regardless of the sender's or
receiver's location.

"There are many wireless choices for people throughout the Northwest, but
there's only one that can provide the benefits that Nextel offers," continued
Brennan. "Today's data showcase is a proof point for many of the services that
make Nextel stand alone."

http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/home/index.jsp?epi-content=GENERIC&newsId=20030416005052&newsLang=en&beanID=2133606841&viewID=news_view

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get a FREE REFINANCE QUOTE - click here!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/2CXtTB/ca0FAA/i5gGAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/