Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Bill Allows Georgians to Add Cell Phone Numbers to State's Do-Not-Call List

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 17:25:18 -0400

Bill Allows Georgians to Add Cell Phone Numbers to State's Do-Not-Call List

The Georgia House voted unanimously to enable residents to add their cell
phone numbers to the state's do-not-call list. The list already allows landline
customers to make their phone numbers off-limits to telemarketers. The
Georgia Senate already passed the bill that adds cell phone numbers to the
do-not-call service. The bill now awaits the governor's signature into law.
===================================================================================

House OKs Cell Phones on No-Call List

Web Editor: Manav Tanneeru
Last Modified: 4/22/2003 9:45:33 PM

ATLANTA (AP) -- The state House unanimously
passed a bill Tuesday to allow Georgians to add their cell-phone numbers to the state's
no-call list for telemarketers.

The bill, which had already passed the Senate, now goes to the governor for his
signature.

Georgia already has a database for residents to put their residential voice and fax
numbers off-limits to telemarketers. The bill approved Tuesday would expand the law to
include wireless phones.

"This has been an extremely popular measure," the bill's sponsor, Sen. Mitch Seabaugh,
R-Sharpsburg, said.

Telemarketing companies are required to buy the list and ensure they don't call numbers
on it. If they violate the law, they can be fined up to $500 per offense, Seabaugh said.

http://www.11alive.com/news/news_article.asp?storyid=30846

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/O10svD/Me7FAA/AG3JAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/