Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Naked marketing ploy

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2003 02:44:29 -0500

Posted to the site on 04-Apr-03

Naked marketing ploy

A mobile phone retailer in Moscow, Russia held an unusual promotion this week, offering a
free Motorola phone to
people who arrived at the store - naked. The Euroset chain store, sited in an up-market
part of Moscow, had placed
large posters in its window saying "Anyone who comes naked between 9.50 am and 10.15 am
will get a Motorola
phone".

The promotion was to mark the first day of Spring in the Russian calendar, and dozens of
hopefuls arrived to claim
their free phone. Only the first 20 people to strip were allowed to take the phone away,
and there were people turned
away fully clothed for turning up too late.

"A crowd of curious onlookers and girls and young men hungry for freebies created chaos
outside our shop, glued to
the windows and trying to force their way through the closed doors," spokeswoman Tatyana
Gulyaeva said, adding
"When we opened, the 20 telephones were snatched up in 15 minutes. There turned out to be
more volunteers than
phones. Happy spring!"

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Make Money Online Auctions! Make $500.00 or We Will Give You Thirty Dollars for Trying!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/yMx78A/fNtFAA/i5gGAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: "Bulldog" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2003 22:55:09 -0000

Now that's good.  Though I don't like the first-come-first-serve 
business.  I would have to run it like a night-club.  You've gotto 
have some control over who you see naked. [email-masked]

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Save Smiley. Help put Messenger back in the office.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/4PqtEC/anyFAA/i5gGAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->