Subject: [NEXTEL-1] BDA's-

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 14:52:21 -0400

Jack,

I know you have been keeping up with the BDA's can you provide some info on the
following?

================================================================================

 Marcel: <SNIP>Do you have any documentation or can you point me to anything on
the following: #1. LGC's in building cell solution#2. SouthernLinc's in building
cell solution#3. Whatever Nextel is using for a fiber distributed BDA in
building solution Anything at all that would give me basic information would be
a HUGE help to me! Thanks! Michael

---

From: Jack Daniel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 23:11:26 -0700

Marcel,

FYI: LGC has a web site: www.lgcwireless.com
They use a combination of multimode fiber and CAT5 cable which means a
lot of different boxes and installation/testing skills. It is my
understanding it is a comparatively narrowband system and may require a
separate system for each service (common carrier) installed in the same
building, but I may be wrong.

I'm not personally familiar with SouthernLinks system, but since it is
iDEN like Nextel, I assume they may use similar solutions. That means
mini-EBTS in larger buildings and campus, making that system a cell site
of it's own within the network. Mini sites are the preferred way (for
many reasons) when dealing with fiber optic in-building distribution
systems. Some off-the-air is used but it is usually limited to smaller,
lower cost applications and often uses coax (radiating cables or
distributed antennas) instead of fiber.

In my experience, Nextel has had good results using Foxcom Wireless'
Litenna and Modulite fiber optic distribution products. I admit I am
biased because (1) I resell that product to Nextel, (2) I'm familiar
with it after many successful applications and (3) the stuff simply
works well consistently.

IMHO, Foxcom's Modulite system is very hard to beat when you have a
shared (or 'mutual host') system where you need to take care of Nextel,
cellular, PCS and WiFi all in the same fiber distribution system.
For more info: www.foxcomwireless.com

This is a rapidly changing and growing technology, so new products are
being introduced frequently and any comparison I make today could change
next week.

Hope this helps. I've generalized so I may be challenged.
Jack Daniel
=======================================================

Marcel wrote:
> 
> Jack,
> 
> I know you have been keeping up with the BDA's can you provide some
> info on the following?
> 
> ===================================================================
> 
>  Marcel: <SNIP>Do you have any documentation or can you point me to
> anything on the following: #1. LGC's in building cell solution#2.
> SouthernLinc's in building cell solution#3. Whatever Nextel is using
> for a fiber distributed BDA in building solution Anything at all that
> would give me basic information would be a HUGE help to
> me! Thanks! Michael
>                    Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
>                        ADVERTISEMENT
> 
> 
> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Rent DVDs Online-No late fees! Try Netflix for FREE!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/YKLNcC/oEZFAA/i5gGAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 02:19:55 -0400

Jack,

I was trying to get Michael some perspective from the "Dealer" side of
things.
I always get "Here make it work" challenges and never have a chance to
compare all the companies side by side. I thought you may have had a chance.

Actually SoCo likes using  the Cadillac of BDA's Tx/Rx  with OEM Fiber
Options Mux's for high profile installations (Like Southern Company
properties).

Thanks for your input.

Are there application notes available on LGC and Foxcom websites?

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Make Money Online Auctions! Make $500.00 or We Will Give You Thirty Dollars for Trying!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/yMx78A/fNtFAA/i5gGAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->