Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Morgan, Goldman to escape fraud charges

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2003 11:34:10 -0500

Ok Goldman guys you can come out from underneath the desk and stop hiding. Now you can go
back to NY Health and Racket...............................

--------------------------------------------------------------

Morgan Stanley and Goldman Sachs will likely escape fraud charges in the still-in-progress

settlement of tainted research charges. Instead, both companies are expected to be
cited for lesser violations. Citigroup and Credit Suisse First Boston, however, will
likely be
charged with some kind of securities fraud. Legally, the distinction is important. Goldman

and Morgan Stanley will end up in a better position to defend themselves against
mounting private securities suits. Of course, we won't know the actual charges until the
final settlement is made public.

> Here's a Reuters article.
http://lists.fiercemarkets.com/c.html?s=69l,2545,8md,a5e1,7gt9,9st6,5293

> Here a Financial Times story on the elusive settlement in general.
 http://lists.fiercemarkets.com/c.html?s=69l,2545,8md,8wdl,fpy4,9st6,5293

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Make Money Online Auctions! Make $500.00 or We Will Give You Thirty Dollars for Trying!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/yMx78A/fNtFAA/i5gGAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/