Subject: [NEXTEL-1] IBM deploys wireless mobility for students

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2003 21:03:17 -0400

Business
 IBM deploys wireless mobility for students

 New Delhi, April. 7 (UNI): World's largest information and technology
 provider IBM, would enable Indian students access from virtually
 anywhere their assignments, research work and communicate with
 classmates, faculty, friends and family.

 The solution is based, on Cisco Aironet Access Point 1200 which would
 provide speeds upto 11 Mbps. The service would be provided by
 Pathways World School that supports both the full International
 Baccalaureate (IB) diploma of Geneva and the International General
 Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) from Cambridge, England.

 Children passing out of Pathways world schools will not be required to
 undertake a bridge year to be accepted by most reputed universities
 anywhere in the world.

 All students from grade VI and above and some faculty members would
 each be provided with IBM wireless enabled ThinPads. The school is also
 installing hardware, which essentially encompasses servers and storage
 products, compatible with 802.11g standard, which will provide 54 Mbps
 connectivity on a 2.4 giga hertz frequency. This would be used by
 students to access the internet and e-mail.

 It would also enable students to access the school's resource data bank
 like the library, archived lessons or workshop material and also from
 guest lectures through a tailor-made school management software.

 Having a wireless network gives a lot of flexibility. It brings the power of
 computing into classrooms in ways we have never had before,"VP Cisco
 Systems India and SAARC, Sudhir Narang, said.

 Ramesh Narasimhan of IBM India Limited said in educational institutions
 particularly, the flexibility afforded by wireless LANs also enables
 universities to increase course offerings without increasing the number of
 classrooms on campus.
http://www.hinduonnet.com/thehindu/holnus/06072009.htm

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Make Money Online Auctions! Make $500.00 or We Will Give You Thirty Dollars for Trying!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/yMx78A/fNtFAA/i5gGAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/