Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Wireless Service Prices Rise 2.2 Percent in March

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 17:15:20 -0400

Wireless Service Prices Rise 2.2 Percent in March, Econ One Survey Finds The
cost of using a cell phone in the U.S. increased 2.2 percent in March, according
to Econ One, an economic research and consulting firm, which studies the cost of
wireless service. The March price increase followed a 1.4 percent increase in
February, the Econ One survey said. The over all increase from February amounted
to 81 cents. Cost increases occurred in 22 of the top 25 markets while costs
dropped in 3 markets. The cost increases came as Sprint PCS altered its plan
prices and included minutes which resulted in higher cost of service at the 50,
200 and 500 usage levels and lower cost of service at the 800 minute level. AT&T
reduced included minutes on some plans, which increased the cost of service for
consumers using 500 minutes per month. Changes in plan promotions by other
carriers also altered costs.

***********************************************************************************************************

4/9/03
Wednesday
2003 American City Business Journals Inc.

Wireless costs rise 3.1% in March to $37.07 in St. Louis St. Louis remains one
of the least expensive large metropolitan areas for wireless service, at an
average cost of $37.07 in March, according to a monthly survey by Econ One.

However, that price is up 3.1 percent from February, the survey showed.

But St. Louis was not alone in seeing the price increase. Econ One said 22 of
the 25 major U.S. cities saw wireless costs increase
in March, due to changes in plans by Sprint PCS and AT&T Wireless, as well as
changes in plan promotions by other carriers.

The most expensive city for wireless service in March was Portland at $38.51 a
month, followed by Philadelphia and Washington,
D.C. The least expensive city was Sacramento at $35.27 a month, followed by
Cleveland, Chicago and San Francisco.

http://stlouis.bizjournals.com/stlouis/stories/2003/04/07/daily42.html