Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Licensee Position on 800 MHz pan serves no purpose ? ( was "800 MHz Consensus Plan "Scoreboard" as of 04/...

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 16:44:04 -0400

-------- Original Message --------
From: Jack Daniel <[email-masked]>
Subject: [800interference] Licensee Position on 800 MHz pan serves no purpose ? (  was
"800 MHz Consensus Plan "Scoreboard" as of 04/...)

Ha ha... Scorecards were a bad thing.... until it became known Nextel
started that practice.  Quick, let's change the subject.

I appreciate the following response to suggesting someone inform the
licensees individually and then get their current position on the
'plan';

" Why?  Serves no purpose other than to make a few people feel good
about themselves (other than a few licensees who switched sides once
they knew more details).  But, if it makes your day, go ahead. "

Well, Nextel obviously thinks it's VERY important; they are practically
living at the FCC after the public comments have been closed, they are
spending millions to hold nationwide meeting to 'inform' people about
the Nextel 'plan'. (Do you want to see supporting evidence of these
meetings too?)

I appreciate their confirmation that the public (i.e. other licensees)
CAN affect changes even at this late date.  

It's time people started getting the whole picture to make their own
decisions and if they don't like the plan and how it's being presented
to the FCC then call, write or email their senators and representatives
ASAP.  http://www.webslingerz.com/jhoffman/congress-email.html

It's too late to appeal only to the FCC, they have to follow procedure
at this point, only congress can change that promptly.

Especially in a time of war, it is important that congress direct the
FCC to get their priorities correct. That means simply means public
safety and critical public services (i.e. utilities) wireless systems
are more important than profit generating corporate schemes.

First responders cannot use their meager resources because of
interference that Nextel is the most dominant contributor. Every day
Nextel activates more cell sites, causing the problem to worsen an make
any assessment of the situation invalid in a short time, including the
projected cost of correction. 

These public servants need relief NOW, not 3 or 4 or more years from
now. We have known of the problem for years and we cannot continue to
proceed on a 'business as usual' time schedule.

And they CAN get almost immediate relief IF the congress passed laws
that once and for all recognized the emergency we have at hand and
inaction is jeopardizing the lives of first responders and citizens.

The LEAST congress can demand is a moratorium on constructing
interfering cell sites in populated areas. Additionally, during the war,
all for-profit wireless sites should be temporarily classified as
'secondary users' to public safety licensees, regardless of any
technical rules. 

It doesn't matter of the interferer meets some obviously inadequate
technical rules; the fact that interference exists is adequate reason to
use the 'secondary user' classification to force the interferer to
either resolve the problem promptly or cease operation of the site.
Means to reduce much interference (but not all) is technically and
readily available to the interferers but it does add costs.

Yes, some may want to consider 'individual' comments worthless and to
accept 'experts' as the only source for solutions.

Well thank God that's not how America works and the plan is NOT a 'done
deal' unless the licensees allow it

But I may be wrong........
Jack Daniel
==================================================
 
[email-masked] wrote:
> 
> In a message dated 4/21/2003 1:38:43 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
> [email-masked] writes:
> 
>      Maybe we need a impartial survey of the 800 MHz licensees to
>      see the
>      licenees position after they know the pros and cons of the
>      plan before
>      the FCC.
> 
> Why?  Serves no purpose other than to make a few people feel good
> about themselves (other than a few licensees who switched sides once
> they knew more details).  But, if it makes your day, go ahead.
> 
> Alan T.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Make Money Online Auctions! Make $500.00 or We Will Give You Thirty Dollars for Trying!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/yMx78A/fNtFAA/i5gGAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/