Subject: [NEXTEL-1] LogicaCMG Secures Deal to Supply Radio Planning Solution To Egypt's New GSM Network

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2003 21:13:52 -0400

LogicaCMG Secures Deal to Supply Radio Planning Solution To Egypt's New GSM
Network

Telecom Egypt to Benefit from Effortless and Accurate
Network Planning Through LogicaCMG's Odyssey Tool

LONDON, April 1 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- LogicaCMG has announced a
significant new contract with Wataneya for Mobile Communications, a subsidiary
of Telecom Egypt, the country's sole fixed-line telephone provider. The
company is currently building Egypt's third GSM cellular-telephone network and
will use LogicaCMG's Odyssey solution for planning, designing and optimising
its new GSM network.
The LogicaCMG solution will deliver a number of measurable benefits to
Telecom Egypt, including the ability to maintain sufficient network capacity
and coverage, while increasing GSM traffic and profitability. Telecom Egypt
can also maintain network integrity and improve customer satisfaction through
its new LogicaCMG network-planning tool. Given the rapid development of
Egypt's GSM market, Telecom Egypt is adopting proven technologies that are
reliable and scalable to support the country's growing mobile user base.
"It was imperative that we select a tool that not only meets our current
requirements but also supports 2.5G, and in the longer term 3G technologies,
so we can derive greater return on Telecom Egypt's technology investment,"
commented Alaa Abdel Ghafar, Radio Network Engineering Senior Manager with
Telecom Egypt.
One of the top three network planning tools deployed worldwide,
LogicaCMG's Odyssey solution enables operators like Telecom Egypt to have
their networks up and running faster, and then to extract maximum performance
from their network investment.
"LogicaCMG is committed to developing the leading wireless network
planning solutions for 2, 2.5 and 3G technologies. We will continue to provide
superior products and services to Odyssey users and to enhance their
profitability through the flexibility, openness, integrity and reliability of
the product" commented Ally Adnan, Vice President - LogicaCMG, Radio Planning.
This contract with Telecom Egypt is further proof that the market believes
in LogicaCMG's ability to meet the radio planning needs of wireless operators
across all continents and technologies.

NOTES TO EDITORS

About LogicaCMG
LogicaCMG is a global solutions company providing management and IT
consultancy, systems integration and outsourcing services. With additional
expertise in wireless technology, the company supports clients across diverse
markets including telecoms, financial services, energy and utilities,
industry, distribution and transport and the public sector. Formed in December
2002 through the merger of Logica and CMG the company employs around 21,000
staff in offices across 34 countries and has nearly 40 years of experience in
the IT service arena. Headquartered in Europe, LogicaCMG is listed on both the
London and Amsterdam stock exchanges (LSE:LOG; AEX:LOG). More information is
available from http://www.logicacmg.com

About Telecom Egypt
Telecom Egypt, the Egyptian telecommunications Company, was the sole
public authority entrusted by law to provide all public telecommunications
services in Egypt. Thus establishing telecommunications Networks all over the
country and updating services to cope with international standards in these
fields, since 1918. Telecom Egypt is today operating more than 8 million fixed
lines, equipped with state of the art value added services and is in the
process of launching its mobile network.

About Wataneya for Mobile Communications
Wataneya for Mobile Communications is a subsidiary of the country's sole
fixed-line telephone provider, Telecom Egypt, and is charged with deploying
Egypt's third GSM cellular-telephone network.

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/04-01-2003/0001917563&EDATE=

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Make Money Online Auctions! Make $500.00 or We Will Give You Thirty Dollars for Trying!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/yMx78A/fNtFAA/i5gGAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/