Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Communications

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2003 21:30:56 -0400

1) Stretch Of Louisiana Interstate About To Go High-Tech
Link to article in The Times-Picayune (New Orleans, Louisiana):
http://www.nola.com/news/t-p/frontpage/index.ssf?/base/news-0/1049527505267880.xml

2) Articles From Telematics Update
 -  Enabling Wireless Devices and the Impact on Automotive Telematics
http://www.telematicsupdate.com/homepage2.asp?news=35864
 -  Nothing New Under the Sun? - Article considers today's hot technologies in
light of the history of some earlier promising
technologies.
http://www.telematicsupdate.com/homepage2.asp?news=35865
 -  Speech Recognition Market to Exceed $5 Billion by 2008, According to New ABI
Study
http://www.telematicsupdate.com/homepage2.asp?news=35863

3) Driver Focus Special Interest Group Meets
Link to story from ITS America:
http://www.itsa.org/itsnews.nsf/$All/39401A1FF8B1888985256D01000E913B?OpenDocument

Link to meeting minutes:
http://www.itsa.org/itsnews.nsf/a619bd3fc912d6f38525658d00073cd1/39401a1ff8b1888985256d01000e913b/$FILE/Driver%20Distraction%20Task%20Force%203-21%20compilation%20v2.doc

4) Electric Signs Give Israeli Drivers Little Help
Link to article in Haaretz (Tel Aviv, Israel):
http://www.haaretzdaily.com/hasen/pages/ShArt.jhtml?itemNo=280848&contrassID=2&subContrassID=2&sbSubContrassID=0&listSrc=Y

5) NATS Set For Shift In Air Traffic Strategy
Plans to join forces with the Spanish and German air traffic control services to
develop a new generation of IT systems.
Link to article in the Financial Times:
http://news.ft.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=FT.com/StoryFT/FullStory&c=StoryFT&cid=1048313517913
(free registration
required)
Link to news release from National Air Traffic Services:
http://www.nats.co.uk/news/news_stories/2003_04_07.html

6) Web Site Of Piedmont Authority For Regional Transportation Reviewed
Link to article in The Business Journal:
http://triad.bizjournals.com/triad/stories/2003/04/07/smallb4.html
Direct link to PART Web site:  http://www.partnc.org/

7) Pricey Japanese Highway Toll Card Popular After Being Pulled
Link to article in the Daily Yomiuri (Tokyo, Japan):
http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/newse/20030408wo33.htm

8) Video Surveillance Goes Digital
Link to article in Washington Technology:
http://www.washingtontechnology.com/news/17_25/emerging-tech/20433-1.html

9) Drive-By Emissions Tests Start In New Zealand
Remote sensor measures emissions with electronic sign telling drivers if their
vehicles are good, fair or poor.
Link to news release from the Auckland Regional Council:
http://www.scoop.co.nz/mason/stories/AK0304/S00038.htm

10) Trucking Explores Telematics
Link to story from NewsEdge:
http://hoovnews.hoovers.com/fp.asp?layout=displaynews&doc_id=NR200304072500.8.2_f63d00bf33229b77

11) In-Car Gadget Might Do In Street Meters
Link to story in the New York Post (New York, New York):
http://www.nypost.com/business/72725.htm

12) 911 Calls By Cell Phone Swamp California Highway Patrol
Link to article in The New York Times (New York, New York):
http://www.nytimes.com/2003/03/28/national/28CALL.html  (free registration
required)

13) UK Wireless Net Takes Off With Heathrow Launch
Link to Reuters story via Yahoo Finance:
http://biz.yahoo.com/rc/030407/tech_intel_wifi_1.html

14) Delta Deals With PR Nightmare
Link to article in The Atlanta Journal-Constitution (Atlanta, Georgia):
http://www.accessatlanta.com/ajc/business/delta/0403/06deltapr.html

15) Nokia, Lexus Announce Telematics Partnership
Link to story in RCR Wireless News:
http://rcrnews.com/cgi-bin/news.pl?newsId=7968
Link to news release from Nokia:
http://press.nokia.com/PR/200304/898389_5.html

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Make Money Online Auctions! Make $500.00 or We Will Give You Thirty Dollars for Trying!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/yMx78A/fNtFAA/i5gGAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/