Subject: [mobile-ip] MIP registration message

From: "Mohammad Ilyas" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 16:26:07 +0200

Hi,
 
as a new bie in this field I have a basic question. 
When MN receives an advertisement from a Router, does it contain COA in
it? If YES! is it not a security issue as during the rest of
Registration procedure the MN knowing an IP of the visited network may
misuse it?. is it not better that to give COA after the registration
process is completed? Why the Registration message of MN contains COA?
 
sorry for these basic questions, but I would be thankful if someone
would explain it to me.

regards
 
M.I

---

From: Bjorn Andersson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 09:41:18 +0300

On Mon, Apr 14 2003, at 16:26:07 +0200, Mohammad Ilyas wrote:
> it? 

Yes, as stated in RFC3344, an Agent Advertisement contains a CoA. 

> If YES! is it not a security issue as during the rest of

The HA tunnels data to the MN via the CoA. The MN must inform the HA
in some way what its current CoA is, and this is the main purpose of
the registration message.

  Bjorn

-- 
Bjorn Andersson <[email-masked]>
PGP id 5AFC144B
Mobile +358 40 7723074