Subject: [NEXTEL-1] FCC 04/23/2003 [Another "Little LEO" Goes Out with a Whimper]

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 19:24:52 -0400

Another 2-meter band "Little LEO" goes out with a whimper. Says the FCC:

"...This waiver request would undermine Commission milestone policies.
Although E-SAT hopes to eventually raise $60 to $80 million dollars in
capital for its system, it recently requested a waiver of a $94,425
regulatory fee, stating that it had only $2,397 in cash on hand at that
time. Under these circumstances, prospects for prompt initiation of
service appear remote, at best..."

Remember?  The Little LEO folks just *HAD* to have this spectrum, and if
they'd had their way, all that was in between [138-148 MHz].

--- In [email-masked], Marcel <Marcelrf@B...> wrote:
	<snip>
E-SAT, INC.   Denied the request of E-SAT, Inc. to extend implementation
milestones set forth in its non-voice, non-geostationary satellite orbit
mobile satellite service license. Action by:  Chief, International
Bureau. Adopted:  04/21/2003 by MO&O. (DA No. 03-1113).  IB 
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-03-1113A1.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-03-1113A1.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-03-1113A1.txt>

	<snip>

[Please copy replies to: [email-masked] <wpuc720[a]juno.com>]

--

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z_CBYA/vB5FAA/AG3JAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 19:50:31 -0400

From $2,397 to $60M ?

Yeah, right and I just "Direct Connected"  Bin-Laden in a cave in Afghanistan!

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG