Subject: [NEXTEL-1] McCaw Wins, McCaw Wins, McCaw Wins!!!

From: "sparkie_rf" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2003 04:48:12 -0000

Friday, the globalstar bk judge approved a proposal by McCaw's ICO 
group to buy a majority stake 55% of the stock in "New Globalstar" 
for the very modest sum of $55m.

The deal all but ditches Loral, and McCaw wins controling rights to 
ALL CDMA satellite technology, plus a committment from Qualcomm to 
start mfg new globalstar chipsets based on the current MSM 6xxx line.

This is a MAJOR development. Globalstar's freq are cleared globally. 
We should see a Globalstar-Nextel deal in the near future. Verizon 
and Sprint may be able to clone but PTT, but they can't sell 
Gov/PS/NGO's a combined mobile/satellite phone.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading!
Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/cjB9SD/od7FAA/AG3JAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2003 04:15:02 -0400

Wooow!

Nice Sparkie!

Craig needed a hit, I hope he deploys this one right. This coupled with the positve Sat
spectrum ruling it is a WIN WIN!

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/O10svD/Me7FAA/AG3JAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->