Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Re: Fw: SMS on Nextel

From: "Dan Foxley" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2003 07:16:03 -0000

Ok, this is a little frustrating, don't know if it's my lack of 
knowledge or the ablility to get things straight with Nextel.

I have 3 handsets- i50sx, on the "Account Advantage Plus" plan.  

I sent one of each, to each hand set.
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
SNPP to each handset, from a Command Line

Handset 1- got all three
Handset 2- got ONLY page.nextel.com
Handset 3- got Nothing!

I was told Nextel delivers VM notices to the Phone via SMS and would 
be delivered 100% of the time, or I should say, there are no 
RESTRICTIONS for a phone to receive SMS.  And "text" messages 
and "two-way" messages would not get to all Handsets!  My assumption 
being I should use SNPP to get SMS to a handset.

Any thoughts?

Dan Foxley

--- In [email-masked], "Gerald Arnone" <bulldog@e...> 
wrote:
> 
> ----- Original Message ----- 
> From: ENYO Support Desk 
> To: gdtrfb2001@y... 
> Cc: [email-masked] 
> Sent: Monday, March 31, 2003 8:47 PM
> Subject: Re: SMS on Nextel
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 10-digit@p... will ensure the message arrives as an SMS.
> 
> 10-digit@m... will deliver as two-way net message (request to 
view).  If the particular handet is not provisioned for two-way 
messaging it will be delivered in the format previously mentioned.
> 
> You can also do it thru the PSTN by calling XXX-XXX-NOTE and 
entering 10-digit number and message.  I'm not sure if N still 
supports this method.
> 
> One drawback wth SMS is that there is no way to send real SMS from 
the iDEN handset.  Need N's two-way messaging or WAP enabled site in 
order to send.  Or I suppose a Java app would work if you enjoy 
Motorola's product distribution.  But that's another story.
> 
> Two-way messaging is 500 characters with 250 display 
capabilities.  Messages exceeding 250 are split into 2 messages.  
SMS max is 240 with 120 display, longer than 120 is split into two.  
A pedant may subsequently correct these figures.
> 
> Check out Mobile Messaging at www.enyo.org

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Make Money Online Auctions! Make $500.00 or We Will Give You Thirty Dollars for Trying!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/yMx78A/fNtFAA/i5gGAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: "Bulldog" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2003 16:30:46 -0000

Account Adnavtage Plan?! I haven't heard that in three years.

Voice Mail, SMS, and Caller ID we're $3 each add-on on those plans.  
You could also get ESVP (all three services of $6).

I bet phone 3 has neither SMS or two-way messaging enabled.  Call 611.

Fix that and send all messages to [email-masked] so the 
message resides on the handset, not the server.  Can you without the 
SNPP method?

[email-masked]

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
FREE Cell Phones with up to $400 Cash Back!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/_bBUKB/vYxFAA/i5gGAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

---

From: "Dan Foxley" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2003 16:57:10 -0000

Our problem is that we need to notify our customers they have now 
been activated with www.nextmail.com.  We need a way to reach all of 
our customers!  So what your saying is, there is no sure fire way to 
reach all Nextel handsets, w/o knowing what plan or nonrestrictions 
they have.

Dan

--- In [email-masked], "Bulldog" <bulldog@e...> wrote:
> Fix that and send all messages to 10-digit@p... so the 
> bulldog@e...
> > the iDEN handset.  Need N's two-way messaging or WAP enabled 
site 
> in