Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Re: UTC Submits "Balanced Approach" Plan to Counter "The Plan"

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2003 12:11:41 -0400

-------- Original Message --------
From: "J. Barbour" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re:  Re: UTC Submits "Balanced Approach" Plan to Counter "The Plan"

radiopro1 wrote:
> This "level headed approach" will delay resolving the interference
> problem for one or more years if there is a requirement to establish
> technical standards.  The FCC approach to "standards" has a
> procedural track all its own.  Would existing equipment have to be
> replaced?  Will 10 watts work at these low sites without requiring
> many more sites?  Will more sites create more "near-far" types of
> interference?
> The UTC clearly implies a threat of legal action if the Consensus
> Plan is approved.  Whose interest will be served here if that happens?
>
> Seems to me the level head here is the ostrich's --which is buried in
> the sand.
>
>

You ask questions which don't need answers. Nextel is interfering with other
licensees due to emissions that are beyond the scope of their license-they
must fix the interference or shut down. What more do you need to know???
The "technical standards" sounds to me like putting something in place to
prevent this from happening again, although the only real way to do that is
get rid of corruption in the agency...
Jim

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get a FREE REFINANCE QUOTE - click here!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/2CXtTB/ca0FAA/i5gGAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: "Paul Holliday" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 14:54:26 -0400

Why would you need more than 10 watts when you only have .6 ( that is 6
tenths of a watt) on the return path. Even after combining & cable loss you
would have 5 watt into the 18 db gain antenna. Your portable antenna is
a -3db (no gain)
----- Original Message -----
From: "Marcel" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>; "WFHSG" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Wednesday, April 09, 2003 12:11 PM
Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Re: UTC Submits "Balanced Approach" Plan to Counter "The
Plan"

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
FREE Cell Phones with up to $400 Cash Back!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/_bBUKB/vYxFAA/i5gGAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

---

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2003 15:18:17 -0400

* Base receive antenna diversity (multiple /branched antennas)
* Low noise receiver multi-couplers to merge base radio output to the antennas
* State-of-the-art tower mounted pre-amplifiers