Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Wireless Design Online Newsletter

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2003 13:28:53 -0400

================================================================
Wireless Design Online Newsletter - http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com
Tuesday, April 8, 2003
================================================================
 
------------------------------------- 
FEATURED ARTICLES
-------------------------------------  
 
1) Celeritek Announces Availability of 3mm x 3mm x 1mm CDMA Power Amplifier
Modules Using Passive-Free Technology
2) GSM vs CDMA: Does it matter in Iraq?
3) RF Neulink Unveils Wireless Transceiver Family
 
---------------------------------------
 
1) Celeritek Announces Availability of 3mm x 3mm x 1mm CDMA Power Amplifier
Modules Using Passive-Free Technology
 
Celeritek Inc., a premier supplier of power amplifier modules, today announced
the availability of four new 3mm x 3mm x 1mm power amplifier modules using
Passive-Free Technology (PFT)(TM) for use in code division multiple access
(CDMA) wireless handsets and other hand-held systems....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/21445/793725
 
2) GSM vs CDMA: Does it matter in Iraq?
 
It is hard to think of the future of Iraq when the present is so harrowing. The
war may be cowboys versus gangsters, imperialism versus indigenous people,
Christianity versus Islam, democracy versus tyranny, freedom versus oppression.
It'll be the job of history to put things in context, and we must hope for a
world where history is allowed to tell the truth....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/21445/793725
 
3) RF Neulink Unveils Wireless Transceiver Family
 
RF Industries' Neulink Division has introduced a new wireless transceiver family
of radio modem chips. Designed to enable local area network (LAN) connectivity,
the devices are targeted at a variety of telemetry applications...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/21445/793725

------------------------------------- 
FEATURED PRODUCTS
-------------------------------------
  
1) Glass-to-Metal Feedthrus
2) Uncompensated Crystal Oscillator 
3) InGaAs PIN PD Receiver
4) MFS Series Frequency Synthesizer
5) Q2 Series HF Inductors, Transformers, Tapped Coils
6) PC5-5 Ultracapacitors
7) AirLan(R) Bridge Kit
8) Cellular Terminal Conformance Services
 
---------------------------------------
 
1) Glass-to-Metal Feedthrus
 
Corry Micronics offers DC and 50-ohm glass sealed feedthrus. These feedthrus are
available in standard and customized packages. Corry Micronics also will design
custom feedthrus in quantities as low as 500. Downloadable pdf datasheets
available...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/21446/793725
 
2) Uncompensated Crystal Oscillator 
 
Corning's PXO (clock) is an uncompensated crystal oscillator. Stability is
usually rather loose. The construction of Corning Frequency Control's clocks is
typically hybrid design versus discrete design. Hybrid design combines open ICs
(dies), uncanned crystals (blanks), substrates, wire bonds, etc., into a
functioning unit....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/21447/793725
 
3) InGaAs PIN PD Receiver
 
The NR3470MU-CC is a 10 Gb/s PIN photo diode receiver in a 17-pin mini-butterfly
package with an internal preamplifier. This module is ideal as a receiver for
SONET OC-192 and Synchronous Digital Hierarchy (SDH) systems, STM-64, and ITU-T
recommendations. Downloadable pdf datasheet available..
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/21448/793725
 
4) MFS Series Frequency Synthesizer
 
This new line of low-power, compact frequency synthesizers employs a single
module design, implemented with CMOS ASIC, advanced RF MMIC, and a dedicated
micro controller. A KU-band synthesizer with 1 KHz step, 2.2 GHz bandwidth and
integrated L-band LFLO consumes only 8 Watts. Downloadable pdf datasheet
available...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/21449/793725
 
5) Q2 Series HF Inductors, Transformers, Tapped Coils
 
Features:
- Customizable 
- Mil quality at a Commercial Price 
- Highest Q for its size without the use of ferrites 
- Very low TC, Typically 30 PPM / degree C 
- More...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/21450/793725
 
6) PC5-5 Ultracapacitors
 
Storing 23 Joules at 5 volts, and weighing only 8 grams in a 19 x 24 x 9.5 mm
package, Maxwell's UL recognized PC5-5 ultracapacitor is ideal for consumer
electronics, wireless transmission, medical devices, automatic meter readers,
and many other applications requiring a pulse of energy that cannot be
efficiently provided by a battery or power supply alone....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/21451/793725
 
7) AirLan(R) Bridge Kit
 
Solectek re-launches the AIRLAN name as today's most advanced way to
interconnect two local area network, in two separate locations. You'll be amazed
at what we've done this time to deliver best-of-class price-performance and
installation....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/21452/793725
 
8) Cellular Terminal Conformance Services
 
RFI offers a comprehensive range of development and conformance services for
cellular mobiles, chipsets and accessories. The technologies supported include
GSM 900, GSM 1800, GSM 1900, GPRS, Bluetooth and 3G....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/21453/793725

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Save Smiley. Help put Messenger back in the office.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/4PqtEC/anyFAA/i5gGAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/