Subject: [NEXTEL-1] 3G News from www.3G.co.uk

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 04:31:47 -0400

Tuesday 22nd, April, 2003
____________________________________________________________________________

Today’s 3G News + 3G News EXTRA

1) 3G Launch of No Concern
2) GSM Wireless is the Unchallenged World Leader
3) 3G Bands Announced
4) Motorola Celebrates KDDI’s Achievement : 7 Million 3G Subscribers In Japan
5) Speech Recognition To Power Wireless Fashion Phone
6) 3G Rollout Postponements
7) Grand Prix Fans Get A Wireless Treat

__________________________________________________________________________________

1) BREW Wireless Event 

The conference provides a networking forum for attendees as well as opportunities to learn
from general session, technical and business tracks dedicated to sharing knowledge and
expert resources on QUALCOMM's Binary Runtime Environment for Wireless(TM) (BREW)
platform.

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/April2003/5266.htm
________________________________________________________________________________

2) SIP Developer Toolkit to Build New IP Phone 

RADVISION announced that SANYO Multimedia Tottori has chosen its award winning SIP
Developer Toolkit for the development of its new SIP-based IP telephone.

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/April2003/5265.htm
________________________________________________________________________________

3) Imaging Module Incorporated into 3G Handset 

Pictos Technologies announced that Motorola has incorporated Pictos' VGA complementary
metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) camera phone module technology as an accessory to its
A830 handset.

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/April2003/5264.htm
________________________________________________________________________________

4) 3G "Future Proof" Test Equipment

Continuous evolution of industry standards and limited capital expenditure budgets in the
wireless communication market have impelled the development of modular and upgradable test
devices. 

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/April2003/5259.htm
________________________________________________________________________________

Mobile Americas 2003 - May 19-21, Miami

Join us at Mobile Americas 2003, the only event dedicated to providing clear
strategies and positive solutions to real-world profitability and migration
issues facing service providers throughout the Americas, North and South.

Save 25%! Click here and indicate your priority code in the 'Payment Info'
section : Priority code: XNNG3

https://www.iirusa.com/mobileamericas_partners/index.cfm/Action=PreReg/t=m

Priority code: XNNG3
________________________________________________________________________________

5) Porn A Poor Wireless Earner

Speculation as to the potential offered by wireless adult services is often based on the
premise that fixed Internet pornography providers are raking it in. Strategy Analytics
disputes the often cited figure for global adult entertainment revenues of US$20B, and
believes this figure is actually closer to the $4 billion mark, of which only around $500
million will be generated on-line.

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/April2003/5256.htm
________________________________________________________________________________

6) Wardrobe Matching Mobiles

Imagine being able to personalise your mobile phone or PDA to complement your wardrobe.
Consumers around the world will be able to do just that, thanks to the 
EXO* overmolding system from Inclosia* Solutions. 

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/April2003/5254.htm
________________________________________________________________________________

7) 3G Debt Management Concerns

The survey, conducted amongst finance directors and heads of credit management from
leading communications companies around the world, identified seven key problem areas for
debt management as a result of 3G services

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/April2003/5251.htm
________________________________________________________________________________

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Make Money Online Auctions! Make $500.00 or We Will Give You Thirty Dollars for Trying!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/yMx78A/fNtFAA/i5gGAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/