Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Broadband Wireless Communications for Disaster Relief and Homeland Defense

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2003 18:48:04 -0400

Broadband Wireless Communications for Disaster Relief and Homeland Defense

A Project of Virginia Tech’s Center for Wireless Telecommunications (CWT)
Science Applications International Corporation
Sponsored by the National Science Foundation (Digital Government Program Award 9983463)
With additional support from the National Response Center (NRC)

Virginia Tech and SAIC are developing a broadband disaster communications system under
partial funding from the National Science Foundation (NSF) and the National Response
Center (NRC). That system is designed for rapid deployment in response to a terrorist
attack or natural disaster.  It will illuminate the disaster scene with broadband RF
capable of providing high data rate links to and from the outside world while supporting
on-site high speed local area networks (LANs) carrying voice, video, and software
collaboration tools and interconnecting the land mobile radio (LMR) systems used by the
first responders.

 http://filebox.vt.edu/eng/ee/faculty/bostian/NSF/VTDISAug28_01.ppt

Go Tech!

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/O10svD/Me7FAA/AG3JAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/