Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Wireless Design Online Newsletter

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2003 11:26:11 -0500

================================================================
Wireless Design Online Newsletter - http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com
Thursday, April 3, 2003
================================================================
 
------------------------------------- 
FEATURED ARTICLES
-------------------------------------  
 
1) Trade group to investigate Microtune
2) Anadigics buys RF Solutions' WLAN power-amp line
3) MobilePro Announces Five Patents Covering Smart Antenna Technology for Wireless Market
 
---------------------------------------
 
1) Trade group to investigate Microtune
 
The U.S. International Trade Commission plans to investigate allegations that chipmaker
Microtune infringed on patents owned by competitor Broadcom, marking the latest in legal
wrangling between the two companies....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/21130/793725
 
2) Anadigics buys RF Solutions' WLAN power-amp line
 
Anadigics has purchased the wireless LAN power amplifier product line from RF Solutions
Inc. for $2.8 million up front, with a contingency clause for 3.0 million common Anadigics
shares, based upon 12-month performance. The deal gives Anadigics a much-desired stake in
the WLAN market....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/21130/793725
 
3) MobilePro Announces Five Patents Covering Smart Antenna Technology for Wireless Market
 
MobilePro Corp. announced that it has been awarded five patents for its CDMA and
Wideband-CDMA smart antenna processing technology. These patents protect some of the core
design and processes of the company's wireless modem technology....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/21130/793725

------------------------- 
FEATURED DOWNLOAD
-------------------------
 
Corry Micronics, a producer of feedthru capacitors and RFI filters, brings us today's
featured download, the PC09-01-XXXX Feedthru Ceramic Capacitor Pin datasheet. The
PC09-01-XXXX is available in capacitance of 5pF to 5000 pF. Visit the link below to
download the datasheet in pdf format.
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/21138/793725

------------------------------------- 
FEATURED PRODUCTS
-------------------------------------
  
1) PE4241 SPDT MOSFET RF Switch
2) High Frequency Relay Attenuators
3) High Power, C Band, SSPA 
4) SPDT Switch Operating at 0.5 to 3.0 GHz
5) Muse OPEN AT
6) Product Branding Services
7) 100 A Series Porcelain Superchip(R) MLCs
8) BlueTree CDMA Modems
 
---------------------------------------
 
1) PE4241 SPDT MOSFET RF Switch
 
The PE4241 MOSFET RF Switch is designed to cover a broad range of uses in the 10 MHz
through 2.5 GHz frequency range. This switch integrates on-board CMOS control logic with a
low voltage CMOS-compatible control interface, and can be controlled by using either
single-pin or complementary control inputs....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/21131/793725
 
2) High Frequency Relay Attenuators
 
Trilithic's NEW high frequency programmable attenuator operates to 3 GHz. The dynamic
range is 0-95 dB in 1 dB steps. This unit is relay activated and has 7 control lines.
Downloadable pdf datasheet available...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/21132/793725
 
3) High Power, C Band, SSPA 
 
Aethercomm's SSPA 6.5-7.2-20 is a high power C Band Solid State Power Amplifier that
operates from 6.5 to 7.2 GHz. It offers a minimum of 20 Watts of Linear RF Power at 65
degrees C base plate temperature. Saturated Output power is typically greater than 30
Watts across the band....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/21133/793725
 
4) SPDT Switch Operating at 0.5 to 3.0 GHz
 
The AS186-302 is a high isolation (50 dB @ 0.9 GHz and 1.9 GHz), positive control,
non-reflective switch. Packaged in a miniature MSOP-8 exposed pad package, it is a
superior, low-cost solution for high isolation commercial applications....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/21134/793725
 
5) Muse OPEN AT
 
Open AT puts the full potential of the WISMO at your disposal. Thanks to Open AT, you are
free to embed and run wireless applications based on simple, standardized AT commands
right on the WISMO itself, with fewer extra components....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/21135/793725
 
6) Product Branding Services
 
Huckstuder Design is a full service product design and development firm. We specialize in
Design Strategy, Product Branding, User Research, Industrial Design, GUI design,
Mechanical Design and Rapid Prototyping. By integrating customers' needs and our clients'
capabilities, we develop products that create a competitive advantage...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/21139/793725
 
7) 100 A Series Porcelain Superchip(R) MLCs
 
The 100 A Series multilayer capacitor (MLC)is a proven RF Power Performer. It has an
improved low ESR/ESL performance. It is also ATC's high self-resonance MLC. Functional
Applications include: Bypass, Coupling, Tuning, Feedback, Impedance Matching and D.C.
Blocking. Downloadable pdf datasheet available...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/21136/793725
 
8) BlueTree CDMA Modems
 
BT-CDMA Series modems from Blue Tree Wireless Data Inc. offer the highest power
transceiver possible in a CDMA/1xRTT device. Coupled with its low-loss screw-on antenna
connection for maximum signal strength, you can be sure that you will get the information
where and when you need it. Downloadable pdf datasheet available...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/21137/793725

-------------------------------------
TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES
-------------------------------------
 
Six Sigma
 
Are your Six Sigma projects on track? Are your Black Belts providing the proper training
to team members? If not, then you may want to get your team members some of the most basic
improvement tools. Specials this month!
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/21140/793725

MCSE (Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer) Sale for Only $149 
52 individual courses, over 200 hours worth of interactive training and simulations. Save
over $1,000.
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/21141/793725
 
Visit the Training Network for a complete breakdown of our educational programs.
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/21142/793725
 
-------------------------------------
INDUSTRY EVENTS
-------------------------------------
 
WIRELESS SOLUTIONS
IIR Telecommunications and Technology conferences focus on wireless solutions, including
profitability and next-generation strategies, indoor coverage and capacity, prepaid
services, WLANs and WiFi technologies, and more. We encourage you to visit IIR Telecoms
and technology's web site for a complete listing of upcoming events!
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/21143/793725

==========================================================
GENERATE LEADS
The VertMarkets Marketplace Manager is a self-service marketing tool that extends your
existing online marketing activities and lets you generate qualified sales leads for your
products.  To learn more please visit us at:  
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/content/vertpages/MarketplaceManager.asp?comingfrom=news_online_foot
 
==========================================================
CONSULTING SERVICES
Find the best consultant for your project through Wireless Design Online Consulting
Services. With performance data on 1,800 pre-qualified firms, this easy to use service
ensures you'll get the right firm, every time. 
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/21144/793725
 
==========================================================

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Make Money Online Auctions! Make $500.00 or We Will Give You Thirty Dollars for Trying!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/yMx78A/fNtFAA/i5gGAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/