Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Integrated Architecture to Streamline Data Exchange for Kalamazoo's Justice Agencies

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2003 14:18:50 -0400

Integrated Architecture to Streamline Data Exchange for Kalamazoo's Justice Agencies

SCHAUMBURG, Ill., April 17 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Motorola, Inc.
(NYSE: MOT) today announced that it will provide several justice agencies
within Kalamazoo County, MI with its Integration Framework(TM) technology, a
unique architecture that will enable Kalamazoo County's multiple justice
information systems to effectively communicate with each other.  Integration
Framework is part of Motorola's extensive portfolio of integrated
communications and information solutions to address mission-critical public
safety and security requirements worldwide.

The integrated solution will eliminate duplicate data entry, ensure
immediate access to accurate and time sensitive data and streamline
information sharing among the county's disparate criminal justice databases.
The solution is scalable in order to support future growth and is user
maintainable which can help minimize maintenance costs over time.  The system
is also progressive as its embedded, automated business process data exchanges
can be modified as necessary to accommodate the continuing needs of enterprise
agencies.

Kalamazoo's Justice Integrated Information Management System (K-JIIMS)
project involves the integration of multiple justice information systems,
including two law enforcement agencies, the County Jail, Office of the
Prosecuting Attorney, District Court, and Circuit Court.  Their goal is to
create a coordinated, integrated system that will fulfill the information
technology needs of all justice components of governmental agencies within the
county and provide for data sharing with respective State and Federal agencies
in the future.  As a progressive example of effective planning and governance,
multi-agency cooperation, and project execution, Kalamazoo County has been
designated as a model County for the State of Michigan's integrated justice
initiative.

"Motorola's Integration Framework technology will help agencies throughout
Kalamazoo County share information and communicate more effectively, said
Laurie Smith, Project Manager for Kalamazoo's K-JIIMS project.  "This project
will enhance our operations; improve the safety and security of our
communities while saving the participating agencies of the Kalamazoo justice
system valuable time and resources."

With four cities, five villages and 15 townships, Kalamazoo County is the
eighth largest county in the state of Michigan and is home to just under
240,000 citizens.

Motorola's Integration Framework enables the automated integration of
existing applications and data across the extended enterprise, thus maximizing
an agency's ability to protect its constituents and help improve operational
efficiencies.  Integration Framework is a non-proprietary solution composed of
best of breed commercial-off-the-shelf software components.  The Kalamazoo
County system, which will include six independent justice agencies, represents
the first phase of the project and is scheduled for completion in the fall of
2003.

"Kalamazoo County is raising the bar for other state and local governments
throughout the country by implementing critical data exchange processes," said
Jim Widick, Motorola corporate vice president and general manager, Integrated
Solutions Division (ISD).  "Motorola technology continues to support
organizations, like Kalamazoo County, in these important information sharing
initiatives."

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=SVBIZINK3.story&STORY=/www/story/04-17-2003/0001928341&EDATE=THU+Apr+17+2003,+10:00+AM

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Make Money Online Auctions! Make $500.00 or We Will Give You Thirty Dollars for Trying!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/yMx78A/fNtFAA/i5gGAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/