Subject: [NEXTEL-1] PRESIDENT GEORGE W. BUSH RECOGNIZES NATION'S PUBLIC SAFETYTELECOMMUNICATIONS PROFESSIONALS]

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 19:52:30 -0400

PRESIDENT GEORGE W. BUSH RECOGNIZES

NATION'S PUBLIC SAFETY TELECOMMUNICATIONS PROFESSIONALS

Daytona Beach, Fla. (April 11, 2003) - President George W. Bush wrote a letter
to the Association of Public-safety Communications Officials International
(APCO), recognizing the nation's public safety telecommunications professionals
for their invaluable work in defending the country. The letter was timed to
coincide with National Public Safety Telecommunications Week, April 13-19.

President Bush tied the telecommunications professionals' to homeland defense.
He wrote, "During this time of great consequence, the skilled men and women who
operate our emergency telecommunications networks play a vital role in
protecting citizens and communities."

The president further recognized telecommunications role in coordinating first
responses and providing lifesaving assistance to those in need.

For more information on National Public Safety Telecommunications Week or to
view the president's letter, visit APCO's website at
http://apco911.org/about/npstw.htm

About APCO International

The Association of Public-Safety Communications Officials-International, Inc. is
the world's oldest and largest not-for-profit professional organization
dedicated to the enhancement of public safety communications.With more than
16,000 members around the world, APCO International exists to serve the people
who manage, operate, maintain, and supply the communications systems used to
safeguard the lives and property of citizens everywhere.