Subject: [NEXTEL-1] 800 MHz Consensus Plan "Scoreboard" as of 04/16/03

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 14:29:49 -0400

-------- Original Message --------
From: "Rik Rasmussen" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: 800 MHz Consensus Plan "Scoreboard" as of 04/16/03

Laura,

Since this list was apparently compiled and made available on the web by the
FCC, I don't think it is those here who are responsible for shedding light on the
"us against them" aspects of this issue.

For those of us who saw Nextel take advantage of the naivety of the FCC over
the years, I for one do not want to be a party to a process that results in
Nextel receiving a windfall spectrum gift with the appearance that the
Public Safety community aided and abetted them in scoring an unfair
advantage over other carriers.

The list makes clear what many seem to be trying to cover up, the fact that
many are opposed to this process.

Do not doubt that there are many people across the country that believe this
issue will be settled in a D.C. meeting room full of connected insiders.
Only total openness will dispel this concern.

I am sure ITA wants the light of day shed on this as much as possible.

Rik Rasmussen
Two Way Radio Directory
http://twowayradiodirectory.com/

----- Original Message -----
From: "Laura Smith" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Monday, April 21, 2003 8:26 AM
Subject: RE: 800 MHz Consensus Plan "Scoreboard" as of 04/16/03

Can I just ask that we be very careful about turning this proceeding into
some sort of contest with "scores" and "teams."  This issue is way too
important to be treated that lightly and the ramifications of the
Commission's decision will impact our entire industry.

It's not an "us against them" or a "we're right and you're wrong" kind of
issue.  We should all be working together -- or at least trying to -- in
order to assist the Commission during this process.  And, let's not forget
the Herculean efforts of the PS&PWD staff.  They have the unenviable task of
sorting through hundreds of comments to try to formulate the best possible
solution to what can only be described as a nightmare of a proceeding.  They
have been absolutely fabulous during the course of this proceeding and if
you haven't yet, you should definitely let them know how much you appreciate
all the time and effort they have put into trying to craft a solution to the
800 MHz dilemma.

Laura

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Rent DVDs Online-No late fees! Try Netflix for FREE!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/YKLNcC/oEZFAA/i5gGAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/