Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Complaints About Cell Service Abound-Nextel also had more billing problems.

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2003 19:19:36 -0400

Nextel and Sprint were not as responsive as other companies to
questions and complaints. And Nextel also had more billing
problems.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Complaints About Cell Service Abound
Adrienne Abbott

These days, it seems as if just about everyone who has a cell
phone is complaining about the service. A recently published
Consumer Reports survey of customers in six big cities shows
complaints run the gamut from busy circuits to billing problems
galore.

Jenifer Esteves says she couldn't live without her cell phone. But
that doesn't mean she's happy with her cell phone service. "I
get dropped phone calls, dropped lines, I don't get reception in
my house, where I work," she said..

David Heim says a survey last fall of more than 20,000 on-line
subscribers to Consumer Reports shows Jenifer is not alone.

"Our survey showed that one person in five was dissatisfied
with their cell phone service. Now that's a higher rate of
dissatisfaction than we see for many other businesses and
services that we rate, " Heim said.

The cell phone survey showed all the major wireless companies
had significant problems. Here are some examples:

* Cingular customers were more likely to complain of overloaded
circuits.
* T-Mobile customers had more trouble connecting in some
cities.
* Sprint PCS customers had more problems with dropped calls.

Customer service and billing were also problems. Cingular,
Nextel and Sprint were not as responsive as other companies to
questions and complaints. And Nextel also had more billing
problems.

Thirty-three percent of the Consumer Reports subscribers
surveyed said they were seriously considering switching carriers.

But that's easier said than done.

"Well, you can face high early-termination fees, for one thing.
And right now, you can't take your phone number with you if you
switch carriers. That can be a big deterrent for a lot of people,"
Heim pointed out.

Jenifer says it's the only reason she hasn't switched to a new
cell phone company.

Consumer Reports says the Federal Communications
Commission has announced that - starting in November -
wireless companies are going to have to let you keep your
number when you switch carriers.

But at least one company is opposing the new regulation, so it's
unclear if this new regulation will be delayed.

Find this article at:
http://www.kolotv.com/news/features/3/292227.html

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Make Money Online Auctions! Make $500.00 or We Will Give You Thirty Dollars for Trying!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/yMx78A/fNtFAA/i5gGAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/