Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Wireless Design Online Newsletter

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2003 11:36:40 -0500

================================================================
Wireless Design Online Newsletter - http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com
Tuesday, April 1, 2003
================================================================
 
------------------------------------- 
FEATURED ARTICLES
-------------------------------------  
 
1) Microwaves & RF's Top Products of 2002
2) Application Note: Optimizing LNA Performance for CDMA Application 
3) Three-Five Systems to make all Microtune's RF modules
 
---------------------------------------
 
1) Microwaves & RF's Top Products of 2002
 
Technology advances even during difficult years, as evidenced by an impressive collection
of new products making up the Top Products of 2002. Selected by the editors of Microwaves
& RF, the top 13 products of 2002 represent the diversity of technologies employed by this
magazine's readers, from software to hardware, and from RF and baseband through
millimeter-wave frequencies and optical signals...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/20303/793725
 
2) Application Note: Optimizing LNA Performance for CDMA Application 
 
This application note will review the process by which designers can take advantage of the
latest simulation tools such as Xpedion's Design Systems to achieve the optimal
performance required by new digital communication system encryption including Code
Division Multiple Access (CDMA)....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/20304/793725
 
3) Three-Five Systems to make all Microtune's RF modules
 
Microtune Inc has sealed a manufacturing, test and assembly deal with Three-Five Systems
Inc. (TFS) involving the transfer of Microtune's manufacturing and test equipment at its
Philippines facility to TFS's production plant in Manila....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/20305/793725

------------------------------------- 
FEATURED PRODUCTS
-------------------------------------
  
1) Antenna Design
2) Switchable Low Noise Amplifier/PA Driver Amp
3) 8500 Series Industrial Compliance Meters
4) XB1000 17.0-27.0 GHz GaAs MMIC Buffer Amplifier
5) Free Software for Planar Electromagnetic Simulation
6) Multi-Mix(R) Vector Modulators
7) Flange Mount Drop-in
8) Miniature Attenuators
 
---------------------------------------
 
1) Antenna Design
 
Orban Microwave Products designs and manufactures a wide range of antennas. We offer patch
antennas and parabolic antennas for 2.4 GHz, 5.8 GHz, C-Band, X-Band and the ISM and
cellular bands. Applications include WLAN, PCS, DCS, GPS, GSM, surveillance,
point-to-point, satellite and other applications....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/20306/793725
 
2) Switchable Low Noise Amplifier/PA Driver Amp
 
The RF2366 is a new GaAs HBT switchable low noise amplifier/PA driver amp for digital
cellular applications. With its operating range of 150MHz-2500MHz, it functions as a front
end low noise amplifier. When the IC is used as a LNA, the bias control can be set
externally.... 
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/20307/793725
 
3) 8500 Series Industrial Compliance Meters
 
8500 Series meters give industrial plant managers and safety professionals an accurate and
inexpensive way to prove compliance with regulations that cover exposure to RF radiation.
They were designed to make measurements a simple process that does not allow the most
common mistakes to happen....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/20308/793725
 
4) XB1000 17.0-27.0 GHz GaAs MMIC Buffer Amplifier
 
Mimix Broadband's three stage 17.0-27.0 GHz GaAs MMIC buffer amplifier has a typical small
signal gain of 21.0 dB with a typical noise figure of 2.8 dB across the band. This MMIC
uses Mimix Broadband's 0.15 um GaAs PHEMT device model technology, and is based upon
electron beam lithography to ensure high repeatability and uniformity. Downloadable pdf
datasheet available...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/20309/793725
 
5) Free Software for Planar Electromagnetic Simulation
 
Ensemble SV (student version) is software designed for high-frequency planar circuit and
antenna design. The software accurately handles the analysis and design of a wide variety
of high frequency electromagnetic (EM) problems, while providing excellent graphics and a
friendly user interface...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/20310/793725
 
6) Multi-Mix(R) Vector Modulators
 
The Multi-Mix(R) VMD-Q series provides a vector modulator with variable IQ control of
phase and amplitude in a surface mount outline. Accurate phase and amplitude control
through a 360 degree range make them ideal for feed forward and signal processing
applications....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/20311/793725
 
7) Flange Mount Drop-in
 
These economical units give high performance in micro strip and stripline applications
where space and cost are important. They are ideal for both small and high volume
applications such as cellular, PCS, and communications....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/20361/793725
 
8) Miniature Attenuators
 
Miteq offers 18 to 45 GHz PIN miniature attenuators with less than 2.5 dB insertion loss
at 30GHz and 4.5 dB at 50 GHz. Attenuation ranges to 30 dB are available. VSWRs of 2.1
over the full attenuation range can be achieved for bandwidth of at least 1 GHz....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/20312/793725

--------------------------------------------------------------
COMPLIMENTARY WIRELESS DESIGN & DEVELOPMENT SUBSCRIPTION
--------------------------------------------------------------
 
The monthly magazine of new products, systems, and equipment for engineers, designers and
managers whose work involves commercial microwave and RF development. Your 12-month
subscription brings you the latest information on the tools you need to advance your work.
Your subscription also includes the annual Buyers' Guide edition, published in July, which
will allow you to quickly and easily locate key suppliers of products and equipment for
your work. Visit the link below to get your complimentary subscription today.
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/20314/793725

-------------------------------------
TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES
-------------------------------------
 
Six Sigma
 
Are your Six Sigma projects on track? Are your Black Belts providing the proper training
to team members? If not, then you may want to get your team members some of the most basic
improvement tools. Specials this month!
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/20315/793725
 
MCSE (Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer) Sale for Only $149 
 
52 individual courses, over 200 hours worth of interactive training and simulations. Save
over $1,000.
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/20316/793725
 
Visit the Training Network for a complete breakdown of our educational programs.
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/20317/793725

-------------------------------------
INDUSTRY EVENTS
-------------------------------------
 
WIRELESS SOLUTIONS
IIR Telecommunications and Technology conferences focus on wireless solutions, including
profitability and next-generation strategies, indoor coverage and capacity, prepaid
services, WLANs and WiFi technologies, and more. We encourage you to visit IIR Telecoms
and technology's web site for a complete listing of upcoming events!
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/20318/793725

==========================================================
GENERATE LEADS
The VertMarkets Marketplace Manager is a self-service marketing tool that extends your
existing online marketing activities and lets you generate qualified sales leads for your
products.  To learn more please visit us at:  
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/content/vertpages/MarketplaceManager.asp?comingfrom=news_online_foot
 
==========================================================
CONSULTING SERVICES
Find the best consultant for your project through Wireless Design Online Consulting
Services. With performance data on 1,800 pre-qualified firms, this easy to use service
ensures you'll get the right firm, every time. 
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/20319/793725
 
==========================================================
CAREER SERVICES
Wireless Design Online has partnered with Artemis HR to bring you targeted resume and job
search capabilities.  Visit today:
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/20320/793725

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
FREE Cell Phones with up to $400 Cash Back!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/_bBUKB/vYxFAA/i5gGAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/