Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Anti-Virus Software for Mobile Phones

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 15:08:02 -0400

Three Companies Introduce Anti-Virus Software for Mobile Phones Korea's SK
Telecom, anti-virus company Ahn Lab and mobile security firm I.A.  Security
introduced anti-virus software for mobile phones. The software works similarly
to anti-virus software applications for desktop computers, performing such tasks
as detecting and preventing viruses, neutralizing new viruses and alerting users
to security problems.

=========================================================================================

April 15, 2003
Mobile Phones Gain Virus Protection
By  Ahn-Ku Toh, eWEEK Korea

SK Telecom, Korea's largest wireless carrier, along with anti-virus vendor Ahn
Lab and mobile security specialist I.A. Security last week unveiled new
anti-virus tools for mobile phones.

As part of the trio's eight-month development effort, SK Telecom provided
wireless platform technology, with Ahn Lab developing a mobile anti-virus engine
and I.A. Security supplying wireless security technology, officials said.

This new type of anti-virus software is similar to PC-operated products,
preventing viruses from spreading, neutralizing new viruses, scheduling updates,
scanning compressed files in real time and alerting users to security
vulnerabilities.

The extended mobile security technology gives Ahn Lab and I.A. Security a
jump-start in this new market while allowing SK Telecom to provide safe mobile
Internet services.

Last November, Ahn Lab, which holds 86 percent of the Korean anti-virus software
market, released Version 1.5 of its V3Mobile software for Palm-based PDAs.

http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,3959,1025087,00.asp

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get a FREE REFINANCE QUOTE - click here!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/2CXtTB/ca0FAA/i5gGAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/