Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Brightpoint and Nextel Enter Into National Authorized Representative Agreement

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 10:38:00 -0400

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/030424/245882_1.html

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading!
Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/cjB9SD/od7FAA/AG3JAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

Search - Finance Home - Yahoo! - Help

Welcome,
marcel_rf1
[Sign
Out]

Money Manager
-
My Yahoo! View
-
Customize

Financial
News

Enter
symbol(s) BasicDayWatchPerformanceReal-time MktDetailedChartResearchOptionsOrder
Book
Symbol Lookup

Press Release

Source:
Brightpoint, Inc.

Brightpoint and Nextel Enter Into National Authorized Representative Agreement
Thursday April 24, 4:10 pm ET

INDIANAPOLIS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--April 24, 2003--Brightpoint, Inc.
(NASDAQ:CELL - News) announced today that its subsidiary, Brightpoint
Activation Services, LLC, has entered into an agreement with Nextel
Communications Inc. (NASDAQ:NXTL - News), to provide wireless voice and data
products and value-added support programs to wireless agents and
dealers in the United States. Brightpoint, through its Accesspoint
Dealer Network program, will offer current and future dealers the
opportunity to become Nextel Associate Authorized Representatives. As
Nextel Associate Authorized Representatives, dealers will have the
opportunity to activate customers as well as provide a complete line
of Nextel's wireless products and services. Brightpoint intends to
initially launch this Nextel program in the Midwest.

Accesspoint is Brightpoint's master agent program that supports
qualified dealers with a comprehensive group of services. This program
creates opportunities for dealers to offer wireless products, service
activations and earn commissions. More information is available at
www.access-point.com.

"We are pleased to announce the expansion of our long-standing
relationship with Nextel," stated Mitch Black, Brightpoint's Executive
Vice President-Channel Development & Services. "With Nextel's addition
to our Accesspoint Dealer Network program, Nextel and the dealers will
be able to extend their market reach and provide an enhanced level of
service to their customers."

Brightpoint is one of the world's largest distributors of mobile
phones. Brightpoint supports the global wireless telecommunications
and data industry, providing quickly deployed, flexible and cost
effective third party solutions. Brightpoint's innovative services
include distribution, channel management, fulfillment, eBusiness
solutions and other outsourced services that integrate seamlessly with
its customers. Additional information about Brightpoint can be found
on its website at www.brightpoint.com or by calling its toll-free
Information and Investor Relations line at 877-IIR-CELL
(877-447-2355).

About Nextel

Nextel Communications, a Fortune 300 company based in Reston, Va.,
is a leading provider of fully integrated wireless communications
services and has built the largest guaranteed all-digital wireless
network in the country covering thousands of communities across the
United States. Nextel and Nextel Partners, Inc., currently serve 197
of the top 200 U.S. markets. Through recent market launches, Nextel
and Nextel Partners service is available today in areas of the U.S.
where approximately 240 million people live or work.

Certain information in this press release may contain
forward-looking statements regarding future events or the future
performance of Brightpoint. These statements are only predictions and
actual events or results may differ materially. Please refer to the
documents the Company files, from time to time, with the Securities
and Exchange Commission; specifically, Brightpoint's most recent Form
10-K and Exhibit 99.1 thereto. These documents contain and identify
important risk factors that could cause the actual results to differ
materially from those contained in or implied by these forward-looking
statements. These risk factors include, without limitation, the
ability of both parties to perform under the contract. Readers are
cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking
statements that speak only as of the date these statements were made.
Brightpoint undertakes no obligation to update any forward-looking
statements contained in this press release.

Contact:

Brightpoint, Inc., Indianapolis, Indiana
John Ludwig, (317) 707-2355

Source:
Brightpoint, Inc.
Email this story
-
Set
a News
Alert
ADVERTISEMENT

Special Offers

·

Credit Card offers @ eCreditCards.com (U.S. Only)

·

Buy stocks for only $4. FREE Money 2003.

·

Apply for a Bank of America home equity line of credit

·

Stop Snoring Now - Sleep Better Tonight

·

Save up to $500* in commissions with CyberTrader.

·

$7.77 Web Hosting + 2 Months FREE!

·

Get a FREE REFINANCE QUOTE - click here!

·

LendingTree - Let Banks Compete for You!

·

RX, Diet, Sleep, Viagra and More

·

Planning to Sell or Buy a Home this Spring?

Related
Quotes

CELL
NXTL

15.19
13.96

-0.36
+0.11

News
News

View Detailed Quotes
Delayed 20 mins
Quote data provided by
Reuters

Related News Stories

·

General Dynamics Selected by Nextel to Enhance Wireless Network - PR Newswire (Thu Apr 24)

·

NorthStar Communications Group Awarded Nextel Cell Site Development Contract - PR Newswire (Thu Apr 24)

·

Tetra Tech Awarded Contract from Nextel - Business Wire (Thu Apr 24)

·

Telecom Becomes a Staring Contest - RealCommentary from TheStreet.com (Thu Apr 24)

More...

·

By
industry:
Computers, Internet, Networking, Publishing, Telecom

Top Stories

·

Consumer Sentiment Jumps in April - Reuters (10:31 am)

·

U.S. Stocks Slip on Weak GDP - Reuters (10:28 am)

·

U.S. Existing Home Sales Slide in March - Reuters (10:11 am)

·

Economy Grew at Anemic Rate in Quarter - Reuters (8:48 am)

More...

·

Most-emailed
articles

·

Most-viewed
articles

Finance Spotlight

·

Research
Reports
Expert insight at great prices

·

Credit Reports
Find out your credit score instantly

Copyright © 2003 Yahoo! Inc. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy - Terms of Service - Copyright Policy - Ad Feedback
Copyright
©
2003 Business Wire. All rights reserved. All
the news releases provided by Business Wire are copyrighted.
Any forms of
copying other than an individual user's personal reference
without express
written permission is prohibited. Further distribution
of these materials
by posting, archiving in a public web site or database,
or redistribution
in a computer network is strictly forbidden.

---

From: "rcwallenb" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2003 04:35:41 -0000

> http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/030424/245882_1.html

Anybody know the details on this arrangement?
Brightpoint will be appointing Nextel dealers in the same markets as 
Nextel already does?
Bob W.

 "to provide wireless voice and data products and value-added support 
programs to wireless agents and dealers in the United States. 
Brightpoint, through its Accesspoint Dealer Network program, will 
offer current and future dealers the opportunity to become Nextel 
Associate Authorized Representatives. As Nextel Associate Authorized 
Representatives, dealers will have the opportunity to activate 
customers as well as provide a complete line of Nextel's wireless 
products and services. Brightpoint intends to initially launch this 
Nextel program in the Midwest."

---

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2003 05:43:56 -0400

Bob,

I have not heard the details yet I wonder how this will effect VAD (if they still use it.
See attachment)

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/O10svD/Me7FAA/AG3JAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->