Subject: [NEXTEL-1] ADVANCED MOBILE HANDSETS WITH PUSH-TO-TALK

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2003 04:37:13 -0400

Togabi Contact:
Andrew Rimkus
Togabi Technologies
858-245-6055
[email-masked] Samsung Contact:
Carrie Kiing
Publicis Dialog for Samsung
972-628-7749
[email-masked]

TOGABI TECHNOLOGIES AND SAMSUNG ANNOUNCE MAJOR AGREEMENT TO ENABLE
ADVANCED MOBILE HANDSETS WITH PUSH-TO-TALK FUNCTIONALITY

Samsung To Incorporate PacketCHAT Client Technology into Future Mobile
Terminals

NEW ORLEANS - (March 17, 2003) – Togabi Technologies, a leading wireless software
infrastructure provider specializing in real-time wireless communications, and Samsung
Telecommunications America (Samsung), the third largest manufacturer of wireless handsets
in the U.S., announced today that Togabi’s standards-based PacketCHAT client technology is
being integrated into a new generation of mobile terminals built by Samsung.  This new
line of handsets will be available in mid-2003 to support Push-To-Talk (PTT) functionality
and other instantaneous communications for network operators.

Togabi’s PacketCHAT is an advanced end-to-end communications solution that enables instant
one-to-one and one-to-many, half-duplex PTT calls within any packet network.  Integrated
into both mass-market phones and carrier-grade servers in the wireless operator’s network,
PacketCHAT is based on standard IP technologies such as RTP protocol for media
transmission and Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) for call control and user
authentication.  PacketCHAT supports GSM/GPRS, CDMA/1xRTT wireless networks, 802.11 a/b
networks, 3G (e.g. CDMA 2000, UMTS), as well as wireline networks.  Togabi’s solution is
designed to utilize minimum bandwidth within the wireless network and is highly optimized
to minimize latency in call setup, floor control, and voice transfer.
“Togabi is very pleased to partner with Samsung - an innovative, diversified company with
immediate global reach into both CDMA and GSM network operators,” said Mark Handzel,
president and CEO of Togabi.  “Its focus on compact unique handsets with features that
meet demanding consumer and enterprise needs makes Samsung’s products an ideal platform
for a competitive PTT offering”.

Through significant growth in the digital handset market, Samsung has rapidly emerged as
one of the world’s leading handset manufacturers, with 10.6% market share.  Despite soft
overall demand in the wireless segment for mobile products, Samsung is expected to ship
over 52.5 million handsets globally in 2003 (a 24% increase from 2002).

“Samsung is committed to bringing the latest feature-rich technologies to businesses and
consumers to enhance instant and convenient communications,” said Peter Skarzynski, senior
vice president of Samsung’s wireless terminals division. “Through the Togabi partnership,
Samsung’s introduction of PTT capable wireless phones will allow consumers to enjoy
‘always on’ access to friends, family and co-workers while complementing busy lifestyles.”

About Samsung Telecommunications America
Samsung Telecommunications America, a Dallas-based subsidiary of Samsung Electronics
Company, Ltd., researches, markets and develops wireless handsets and telecommunications
products throughout North America. For more information, see STA's website at
www.samsungusa.com/wireless.

Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. is a global leader in semiconductor, telecommunication, and
digital convergence technology.  Samsung Electronics employs approximately 64,000 people
in 89 offices in 47 countries.  The company is the world's largest producer of memory
chips, TFT-LCDs, CDMA mobile phones, monitors and VCRs.  Samsung Electronics consists of
four main business units: Digital Media Network, Device Solution Network,
Telecommunication Network and Digital Appliance Network Businesses.

About Togabi Technologies

Togabi is a leading software infrastructure provider of multi-modal, instant wireless
solutions, including push-to-talk (PTT), voice instant messaging and wireless ‘chat’ that
supports all packet-based “always on” networks.  Leveraging its standards-based Voice over
Internet Protocol (VoIP) wireless client and carrier-grade server platform - PacketCHATTM
– with 2.5G and 3G networks deployed today, Togabi offers regional, national, or global
network operators a spectrum-smart, low-latency, instant communications solution for
time-critical voice and data applications. Come visit Togabi at CTIA Partner Exhibits
#5565 (Hall F) and #4945 (Hall E).  Visit their web site at http://www.togabi.com.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Make Money Online Auctions! Make $500.00 or We Will Give You Thirty Dollars for Trying!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/yMx78A/fNtFAA/i5gGAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/