Subject: [mobile-ip] Closing issue 274 (destination address of BE should be care-of address)

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 11:39:02 +0300

Here's an attempt to close the issue #274.

Looking at Section 9.3.3 (Sending Binding Error Messages), it is
already pretty clear about what to do: "A Binding Error message is
sent to the address that appeared in the IPv6 Source Address field of
the offending packet." But this might still refer to the source
address at the time when it has already been updated according to the
Mobile IPv6 processing rules. So let's add this: "(Note that this
address is the care-of address, if the peer has used the Home Address
destination option.)"

In Section 9.2 (Processing Mobility Headers), it refers to the 9.3.3
for the sending of the BE message, but the ICMP message processing
is described here. My proposal is to add the same note as above
to the second and third bullet items.

See the drafts page
(http://www.piuha.net/~jarkko/publications/mipv6/drafts/drafts.html)
for the final results.

Comments appreciated.

Jari