Subject: [NEXTEL-1] IPWireless Launches-'Push To Talk'

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2003 21:12:19 -0400

IPWireless Launches Quality of Service Platform Enabling Voice and 'Push To
Talk'
on Mobile Broadband Network

New Software Release Drives New Revenues for Operators; Reduces Network
Latencies to Offer Unmatched Performance for Subscribers

SAN BRUNO, Calif., April 1 /PRNewswire/ -- IPWireless, Inc., the world
leader in commercial mobile broadband deployments, today announced the
commercial availability of a quality of service platform for its
industry-leading UMTS mobile broadband network solution. The IPWireless(TM)
Quality of Service (QOS) platform allows operators to offer any service that
requires QOS -- such as voice, "push to talk," and streaming
applications -- over their mobile broadband network. The latest IPWireless
software release also delivers the most critical performance enhancement
required for these applications -- network latencies that are 5 to 10 times
lower than those of other commercial wireless data solutions. The high
capacity, low latency, full mobility, and low cost of the IPWireless mobile
broadband solution allows global operators to profitably offer traditional
wireless services such as voice and text messaging at far lower cost than
traditional networks. In addition, operators can offer broadband services for
laptop, PDA, desktop, and LAN users on the same network -- permitting very
high-speed Internet access anywhere there is coverage availability.
"One of the most exciting aspects of the IPWireless platform is that it
allows us to offer so many types of services over our network," said Bob
Smith, CEO of Walker Wireless. "In addition to offering broadband data
services to consumers and businesses, we plan to offer a range of voice
services on the network almost immediately to compete with traditional
fixed-line options. In the future, we expect to see a whole range of exciting
new devices and services that leverage the high capacity, QOS, and low
latencies of the IPWireless network."

Additional Services Drive New Revenue Streams for Operators
The IPWireless QOS platform gives operators a spectrally efficient way to
offer a host of new services over an IPWireless network. In addition to
offering unmatched broadband network access services, operators can add new
layers of service revenues from voice, push to talk, or streaming video.
IPWireless supports Voice Over Internet Protocol (VOIP) using standards-based
soft switches and customer premise gateways for residences and small offices,
and enables a whole new generation of mobile VOIP platforms. Together with a
number of strategic partners, IPWireless is working to develop and integrate
additional applications and devices to work on the network using these QOS
services. IPWireless and its partners are currently performing
interoperability testing with a set of industry-leading VOIP solutions.

Next-Generation Wireless Network Enables Mobile Computing Everywhere
The IPWireless end-to-end network solution is the first on the market that
complies with the internationally recognized UMTS TD-CDMA (TDD) standard. With
a number of leading 3G Project Partnership (3GPP) global vendors having
already announced plans for products based on the TDD standard, operators can
accelerate their time to benefit from the economies of scale and multi-vendor
innovation that comes with an established standard. Available today for
operation in several licensed bands, the IPWireless product line includes a
complete network infrastructure solution, pocket-sized wireless desktop
modems, and PC cards (PCMCIA) for laptops and PDAs. The low-cost IPWireless
broadband modem and card provide residential and business customers with
instantaneous, "plug-and-play" Internet access. Additionally, the IPWireless
network solution gives users the complete portability, mobility and freedom of
a wireless Internet connection at higher speeds than alternative broadband
offerings.

About IPWireless
IPWireless offers mobile broadband, an extremely disruptive technology
that is on track to change the way people around the world communicate, access
the Internet, and use a host of new applications at home, at the office, or on
the road. IPWireless has quickly established itself as a leader in the market,
with commercial deployments around the world and trials with 10 of the top
20 global wireless operators.
IPWireless has announced strategic partnerships and relationships with
some of the largest players in the industry, including Alcatel and Solectron.
Founded in April 1999, IPWireless is led by a world-class management team of
seasoned entrepreneurs and technology and marketing executives from leading
mobile and communication companies including Cisco, Lucent, Motorola, and
Qualcomm. The company, backed by over $150 million in funding from leading
venture capital firms, is headquartered in San Bruno, California, with R&D and
sales facilities based in the U.K. For more information about IPWireless,
visit the company's Web site at http://www.ipwireless.com.

NOTE:  IPWireless, the IPWireless logo, and IPW are trademarks of
IPWireless, Inc. All other brands, products, or service names are or may be
trademarks or service marks of their respective owners.
http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/04-01-2003/0001917621&EDATE=

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Make Money Online Auctions! Make $500.00 or We Will Give You Thirty Dollars for Trying!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/yMx78A/fNtFAA/i5gGAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/