Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Communications

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2003 15:05:32 -0500

1) Toronto ITS Centre Opens
Link to article in The Toronto Sun (Toronto, Ontario):
http://www.canoe.ca/TorontoNews/ts.ts-04-01-0028.html
Link to speaking notes from Canadian Transport Minister:
http://www.tc.gc.ca/mediaroom/speeches/2003/2003-04-01.htm

2) Say Cheese -- You're Snapped!
More cameras being added to enforce bus lane rules.  Agency says cameras have cut
violations up to 89%.
Link to article in The Evening Standard (London, UK):
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/traffic/articles/4106963?source=Evening%20Standard

3) Port Of Houston Aims For Cargo Security
Tracking device to help thwart terrorism, theft of containers worldwide.
Link to article in the Houston Chronicle (Houston, Texas):
http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/story.hts/business/1845829

4) UK Air Traffic To Spend $201 Million On New Radar
Link to story from Reuters:
http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=topNews&storyID=2484773
Link to news release from National Air Traffic Services:
http://www.nats.co.uk/news/news_stories/2003_04_01.html

5) South Africa Kicks-Off Pedestrian Road Safety Campaign
Link to news release from the South African National Roads Agency:
http://www.nra.co.za/news_article.asp?NewsId=83

6) Promoting Collaborative Conflict Management: FHWA's Guidance And Workshops
Link to article in Successes in Streamlining Newsletter:
http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/environment/strmlng/apr03nl.htm

7) OnStar System Puts Telematics On The Map
Link to article in Electronic Design:
http://www.elecdesign.com/Articles/Index.cfm?ArticleID=17470&Extension=pdf

8) American Telemedicine Association To Launch Consumer Awareness Initiative
Link to news release from the ATA:
http://www.atmeda.org/conf/consumerawarenessi.htm

9) NOAA Activates High-Tech Web Sites For River Forecasts
Link to news release from the National Weather Service:
http://www.noaanews.noaa.gov/stories/s1107.htm
Direct link to river forecasts:  http://www.erh.noaa.gov/er/hq/about_ahps.html

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Make Money Online Auctions! Make $500.00 or We Will Give You Thirty Dollars for Trying!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/yMx78A/fNtFAA/i5gGAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/