Subject: [NEXTEL-1] 3G : $7 Billion for Wireless Games Market

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 02:58:24 -0400

__________________________________________________________________________________

This issue sponsored by AGILENT TECHNOLOGIES

Archived eSeminar "Overcoming the Challenges of 2.5G and 3G Networks"

Learn how you can reduce operational expenditures as you deploy 2.5G and
3G wireless.  This comprehensive eSeminar reviews how you can increase the
efficiency and speed of planning, deploying, maintaining and optimizing your
wireless networks. The seminar can be downloaded at:

http://www.agilent.com/comms/3Gwebcast1 
____________________________________________________________________________

Today’s 3G News + 3G News EXTRA

1) First EDGE Wireless Test Call in the Philippines
2) $7 Billion for Wireless Games Market
3) Australia Joins Band Of 3G Hopefuls
4) 3G Prices Released
5) AlphaCell Enables Powerful 3D Wireless Gaming 
6) WLAN To Establish Itself At 3G Expense
7) GSM Association Applauds 3G Decision
8) New Software Enables Different 3G Business Models

Mobile Americas 2003 - May 19-21, Miami ( see below )

See below for full details.
__________________________________________________________________________________

70% of mobile operators can achieve significant cost savings with Tertio's
Provident provisioning solution.

Tertio identified in a recent survey that up to 70% of mobile operators have
bespoke or heavily customised provisioning systems, driving unnecessarily high
operational costs. However, many leading operators have already taken steps to
replace legacy systems with Tertio's cost effective, flexible solutions.

Our return-on-investment model, built from our own extensive experience with
leading mobile operators, can help you understand the financial return you can
expect from an investment in Tertio's market leading Provident provisioning
suite.

To find out how much your business could save go to
http://www.telco-tertio.com/contact.php4 and request our ROI DATASHEET. 
_________________________________________________________________________________

Today’s 3G News Follows : 
__________________________________________________________________________________

1) First EDGE Wireless Test Call in the Philippines

Leading Philippine operator Smart Communications and Nokia Networks announced
the successful completion of the first EDGE call in the country. 

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/April2003/5232.htm
________________________________________________________________________________

2) $7 Billion for Wireless Games Market

US and Europe : Strategy Analytics released a new report, "Download Platforms to
Drive $7 Billion Wireless Games Opportunity." This report advises wireless
operators to leverage their billing assets in order to develop both retail and
wholesale games download strategies, and maximize gaming returns. 

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/April2003/5231.htm
________________________________________________________________________________

3) Australia Joins Band Of 3G Hopefuls

Hutchison 3G ( Australia ) will launch 3G in Sydney and Melbourne this week
after laying out A$3 Billion. 

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/April2003/5229.htm
________________________________________________________________________________

4) 3G Prices Released

Hutchison 3G Austria - under the brand name "3" - is launching its mobile
multimedia services. 

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/April2003/5228.htm
________________________________________________________________________________

5) AlphaCell Enables Powerful 3D Wireless Gaming 

The AlphaCell M5 can be specifically adapted for entertainment and gaming. It
features a large 65,000 colour screen, a powerful 144Mhz processor and four
programmable soft keys and micro-joystick located around the screen. 

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/April2003/5226.htm
________________________________________________________________________________

6) WLAN To Establish Itself At 3G Expense

WLAN will establish itself as the dominant mobile wireless infrastructure within
the next five years at 3G’s expense according to a report published by Berlin
based market researcher Metrinomics.

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/April2003/5225.htm
________________________________________________________________________________

7) GSM Association Applauds 3G Decision

The GSM Association - representing the interests of more than 550 global mobile
network operators from 194 countries – today welcomed this week’s announcement
by the Brazilian regulator, Anatel reaffirming its decision to maintain 1.9GHz
frequency band for third generation use.

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/April2003/5219.htm
________________________________________________________________________________

8) New Software Enables Different 3G Business Models

Narus, the convergent mediation performance leader, today announced its
FastStart Programme. The FastStart Programme is a complete package of software
and services that allows mobile operators to “test-drive” and deploy new
instantaneous data services in weeks with their existing network infrastructure.

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/April2003/5213.htm
________________________________________________________________________________

3G News EXTRA
Exclusively for subscribers of the 3G Daily Newsletter only.
+ Partner planning 3G network, trial operation this year
+ 3G, opening on a screen near you
+ MmO2 bails out of Netherlands
View the above 3G news EXTRA stories here : http://www.3g.co.uk/3GNewsExtra.htm
________________________________________________________

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Make Money Online Auctions! Make $500.00 or We Will Give You Thirty Dollars for Trying!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/yMx78A/fNtFAA/i5gGAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/