Subject: [NEXTEL-1] General Dynamics Selected by Nextel to Enhance Wireless Network

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 10:35:31 -0400

Press Release

Source: General Dynamics Selected by Nextel to Enhance Wireless Network

Thursday April 24, 4:51 pm ET

NEEDHAM, Mass., April 24 /PRNewswire/ -- General Dynamics Network Systems announced today
that it has been selected by Nextel Communications Inc. (Nasdaq: NXTL - News) to build
cellular sites in Nextel's Northeast and Midwest regions over the next two years. General
Dynamics Network Systems is a business unit in the General Dynamics Information Systems
and Technology group.

General Dynamics will manage the
construction of sites that will
enhance the footprint, performance
and capacity of Nextel's wireless
network. Among the services to be
provided are site acquisition,
architecture and engineering,
program management and
construction services.

"We are pleased Nextel chose
General Dynamics to support new
site development in multiple
regions," said Dick Scott, vice
president and general manager of
wireless services for General
Dynamics.

"We are known for the speed with which we get our customers' networks on air and for doing
so in a cost effective manner," he added. "The time to market is significantly enhanced by
our commitment to high customer satisfaction, the strength of our team, our ability to
ramp-up and scale our organization to a large project, and the flexibility of our tools.
We look forward to serving Nextel."

General Dynamics Network Systems pioneered the rapid deployment of wireless communications
networks. It has deployed more than 10,000 wireless sites around the globe, and offers a
fully integrated turnkey solution to both established carriers and broadband
entrepreneurs. General Dynamics' wireless services unit is the only turnkey infrastructure
service provider that is TL 9000 certified, the highest quality standard measurement in
the telecommunications industry.

Nextel Communications, a Fortune 300 company based in Reston, Va., is a leading provider
of fully integrated wireless communications services and has built the largest guaranteed
all-digital wireless network in the country covering thousands of communities across the
United States. Nextel and Nextel Partners, Inc., currently serve 197 of the top 200 U.S.
markets. Through recent market launches, Nextel and Nextel Partners service is available
today in areas of the U.S. where approximately 240 million people live or work.

About General Dynamics Network Systems

General Dynamics Network Systems, headquartered in Needham, Ma., has been designing and
building complex telecommunications networks for nearly 50 years. More than 4,000 skilled
technical personnel provide design, integration, installation and support services for
enterprise, wireless and space-based networks. More information about General Dynamics
Network Systems is available at www.gd-ns.com.

About General Dynamics

General Dynamics (NYSE: GD - News), headquartered in Falls Church, Virginia, employs
approximately 57,000 people worldwide and had 2002 revenues of $13.8 billion. The company
has leading market positions in land and amphibious combat systems, mission-critical
information systems and technologies, shipbuilding and marine systems, and business
aviation. More information about General Dynamics is available at www.generaldynamics.com.

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/030424/dcth074_1.html

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading!
Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/cjB9SD/od7FAA/AG3JAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/