Subject: [NEXTEL-1] IEEE P802.11G STANDARD GAINS WORKING GROUP APPROVAL

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 15:45:31 -0400

IEEE P802.11G STANDARD GAINS WORKING GROUP APPROVAL

The IEEE P802.11g (TM) standard for wireless local area networks (LANs),
which will extend the data rate of the IEEE 802.11b (TM)-1999 to 54 Mbps
from its current level of 11 Mbps, has been approved by the IEEE 802.11
Working Group. Two approval steps remain within the consensus process
followed by IEEE before the standard is completed. Final approval is
expected in June 2003 with publication in late July 2003. The 802.11g Task
Group is a diverse body containing representatives from well over 100
computer, networking and software companies, as well as those from
consultant organizations and academic institutions. For more on IEEE
P802.11g, visit:

<http://standards.ieee.org/announcements/80211gapp2.html>

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Make Money Online Auctions! Make $500.00 or We Will Give You Thirty Dollars for Trying!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/yMx78A/fNtFAA/i5gGAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/