Subject: [NEXTEL-1] 3G : 3G Alliance In Korea

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2003 09:37:20 -0500

Today’s 3G News

1) 3G Video Trial 
2) T-Mobile to Introduce Wireless Video Messaging
3) Nokia To Make CDMA Wireless Handsets in China
4) Request for Postponment of 3G Expansion 
5) TTI Telecom Lands 3G Agreement With Samsung
6) New Tariffs For 3G In Italy
7) 3G Alliance In Korea
8) 3G Mobile Gaming Added To OMAP Platform

See below for full details.
__________________________________________________________________________________

FREE Tertio White Paper  -  "Provisioning for the Future"

Service provisioning touches every service delivered to every mobile subscriber.
Its role becomes even more important as data and content are introduced, and as
the rate of new service development increases. Provisioning has to be changed
more frequently, as more network elements are introduced, and the provisioning
processes become more complex. How are you provisioning for the future?

To find out more, get your FREE copy of Tertio's white paper "Provisioning for the Future" 

http://www.telco-tertio.com/products/downloads.php4
_________________________________________________________________________________

Today’s 3G News Follows : 
__________________________________________________________________________________

1) 3G Video Trial 

BT Broadcast Services (BTBS) and Forbidden Technologies plc have reached an agreement to
trial a new generation of video streaming services to mobile phone users over existing
GPRS and 3G networks.

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/April2003/5159.htm
________________________________________________________________________________

2) T-Mobile to Introduce Wireless Video Messaging

T-Mobile USA introduces video messaging services for T-Mobile customers to record and send
full motion color video messages, including sound, from a wireless phone.

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/April2003/5157.htm
________________________________________________________________________________

3) Nokia To Make CDMA Wireless Handsets in China

Nokia announced that it would merge its four existing joint ventures in China in a move
that would substantially strengthen the operational efficiency and competitiveness of its
China operations.

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/April2003/5155.htm
________________________________________________________________________________

4) Request for Postponment of 3G Expansion 

Svenska UMTS-licens AB, a joint venture of Tele2 and TeliaSonera, applied to the Swedish
National Post and Telecom Agency for postponement of the completion of the 3G network.

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/April2003/5154.htm
________________________________________________________________________________

5) TTI Telecom Lands 3G Agreement With Samsung

amsung To Offer TTI Telecom's Netrac Wireless Solution as Part of its Wireless Product
Offerings  Partnership Leverages Samsung's Dominant Presence in the CDMA Marketplace to
Open New Opportunities for TTI Telecom.

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/April2003/5152.htm
________________________________________________________________________________

6) New Tariffs For 3G In Italy

3, the Italian mobile video company of the Hutchison Whampoa Group, after the hit of the
Top 3 promotion, totaling 140 thousand reservations in little more than three months,
presents two new tariffs: the rechargeable "3 CINQUANTA", the first of the Third
Generation telephony, and the subscription "3 PER TRE". 

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/April2003/5147.htm
________________________________________________________________________________

7) 3G Alliance In Korea

Hiitachi Semiconductor and Nextreaming Corporation, a Korean mobile multimedia solution
provider, agreed to co-develop and market a solution to Korean handset makers who demand
highly optimized multimedia capabilities on mobile devices utilizing Hitachi’s SH-Mobile
chipset and middleware.

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/April2003/5144.htm
________________________________________________________________________________

8) 3G Mobile Gaming Added To OMAP Platform

Synergenix Interactive announced it has tailored its mophun™ mobile gaming solution to the
OMAP platform from Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI). 

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/March2003/5098.htm
_______________________________________________

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
FREE Cell Phones with up to $400 Cash Back!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/_bBUKB/vYxFAA/i5gGAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/