Subject: [NEXTEL-1] City of Costa Mesa, California Selects Motorola Integrated Public Safety

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2003 03:51:38 -0400

City of Costa Mesa, California Selects Motorola Integrated Public Safety Information
Solution

2003-04-24 13:39 ET - News Release

SCHAUMBURG, Ill., April 24 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- The City of Costa Mesa, Calif.,
announced today that it has selected
Motorola, Inc. to provide an integrated public safety information solution. The system,
which will include Motorola's computer
aided dispatch (CAD), records management, mobile applications and fire station alerting
technologies, will enhance the
City's police and fire operations and allow them to share information and communicate more
effectively. The integrated
solution, valued at $2.3 million, is part of Motorola's extensive portfolio of integrated
communications and information
solutions to address mission-critical public safety and security requirements worldwide.

With a population of more than 103,000, the City of Costa Mesa dispatches an average of
360 calls for service per day.

"We needed an integrated system that would expand essential emergency service to our
residents by delivering mission
critical data to the end-user quickly and efficiently," said Scheralee Ford, Division
Commander Costa Mesa Police
Department. "The City of Costa Mesa and our residents will benefit from this revolutionary
system by increasing service
delivery more effectively."

Motorola's Premier CAD(TM) will streamline Costa Mesa's dispatching process by automating
call taking and dispatching
functions. With Premier CAD, Costa Mesa dispatchers will have the ability to utilize the
same system to initiate and manage
incidents and dispatch resources. The system will enable the automation of information to
expedite communications
between the public and the City's field units.

The system will also include Infotrak LRMS(TM) Law Records Management System and an
interface to Costa Mesa's
existing Fire Records Management System (FRMS). With Infotrak's state-of-the-art database
technology, Costa Mesa's law
enforcement officials will be able to effectively manage the recording, indexing and
tracking of criminal and non-criminal
related incidents. With Infotrak, reports are stored electronically, which accelerates the
retrieval and routing process and
eliminates the need for paper records.

As part of this system, Costa Mesa will also utilize Premier MDC(TM), Motorola's wireless
mobile data solution that allows
officers to quickly and securely access critical information. Premier MDC, which will be
installed in Costa Mesa's 45 patrol
vehicles, will give the City's officers first hand knowledge of a potential criminal or
dangerous situation before stepping out
of their vehicles.

The Premier CAD, Infotrak LRMS, FRMS and Premier MDC systems will be also integrated with
Motorola's MOSCAD Fire
Station Alerting (FSA) application.

The City of Costa Mesa also utilizes Motorola radio technology as part of the Orange
County Regional Trunked Radio
System.

"We are pleased with the alliance we've formed with the City of Costa Mesa on this
comprehensive public safety solution,"
said Tony Marshall, Motorola Communications and Electronics, Inc. vice president and
general manager Computer Aided
Dispatch and Records Management Operations Center. "Motorola is dedicated to providing
public safety and law
enforcement officials with the tools they need to obtain timely and accurate information."

The system will include seven sites and is scheduled for completion in Spring 2004.

http://new.stockwatch.com/newsit/newsit_newsit.pasp?bid=U-pCGTH068-U:MOT-20030424&news_region=U&symbol=MOT