Subject: [NEXTEL-1] occassional GPS 'lockup' on i88s...

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2003 17:24:08 -0500

-------- Original Message --------
From: Rich Doyle <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: occassional GPS 'lockup' on i88s...

Tom,

Have you resolved the problem with the i88s locking up?  I have just
experienced the lock up for the first time.  I had to cycle the power on the
phone to get GPS to work again.  The app has its own thread reading the
position, and was sleeping 2 seconds after obtaining a fix before attempting
to get the next fix.  Based on your earlier post, I set the app to sleep 10
seconds between attempts ... was wondering if this did the trick for you.

Thanks in advance,

Rich Doyle

Richard Doyle, Jr.
Turnkey Technology Corp.
1122 Village Gate Drive
Mount Airy, MD 21771-5777
(301)831-5974
[email-masked]

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
FREE Cell Phones with up to $400 Cash Back!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/_bBUKB/vYxFAA/i5gGAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2003 17:46:32 -0500

----- Original Message --------
From: Tom Grounds <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: occassional GPS 'lockup' on i88s...

Rich,

There is a new version of software out for the i88s and i58sr phones:
R88.01.02 I believe.  I haven't seen any lockups on units that have this new
software revision.  However, we seem to have quite a few resets of the
phone, if the sleep period on the GPS is set between 3 and 10 seconds.  We
change this setting on-the-fly in our application, and we've had to go back
and set all of our various different tracking modes (Walk/Run, Sports, City
Driving, and Highway Driving) to a sleep period of three to keep the phone
resets from happening.

We've confirmed this on at least three different phones.

TomG.