Subject: [NEXTEL-1] RELM Wireless Receives U.S. Forest Service Order for Tahoe National Forest

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 13:23:33 -0400

April 24, 2003 10:33 AM US Eastern Timezone

RELM Wireless Receives U.S. Forest Service Order for Tahoe National Forest

WEST MELBOURNE, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--April 24, 2003--RELM Wireless Corporation, (NASDAQ:
RELM) a manufacturer, developer, and distributor of wireless land mobile radio (LMR)
products, today announced that its BK Radio-brand portable and mobile radios, and related
accessories have been selected by the U.S. Forest Service (USFS) for deployment in the
Tahoe National Forest in California.

This latest order, which is scheduled for delivery during the second quarter 2003, is
valued at approximately $400,000, and is the result of RELM's existing contract with the
USFS, which was awarded in December 2002.

RELM and BK Radio have been the choice of USFS two-way radio users nationwide for over 15
years because of their quality, cost effective reliability and functionality. BK Radio
two-way communication products are critical to forestry operations throughout the United
States, including the prevention and combat of forest fires.

RELM President and Chief Executive Officer, David Storey commented, "We are pleased to
serve the needs of the Tahoe National Forest. The performance, reliability, and
affordability of our two-way communications products combines to provide an outstanding
value for our customers. For over 15 years, we have recognized the critical importance of
providing fire fighters with products meeting the highest quality standards for use during
emergencies and life-threatening situations. In fact, since their inception as King Radio
in the 1980's, our products have been specifically designed to meet the requirements of
fire fighters. We look forward to continuing our long-standing commitment to the fire
fighting community."

For over 55 years, RELM has manufactured and marketed two-way FM business-band radios as
well as high-specification public safety mobile and portable radios, repeaters and
accessories, base station components and subsystems. Products are manufactured and
distributed worldwide under RELM Communications, Uniden PRC and BK Radio brand names. The
company maintains its headquarters in West Melbourne, Florida and can be contacted through
its web site at www.relm.com or directly at 1-800-821-2900.

This press release contains certain forward-looking statements within the meaning of the
Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 and is subject to the safe-harbor created
by such act. These forward-looking statements concern the Company's operations, economic
performance and financial condition and are based largely on the Company's beliefs and
expectations. These statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other
factors that may cause the actual results, performance or achievements of the Company, or
industry results, to be materially different from any future results, performance or
achievements expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Such factors and
risks include, among others, the following: the factors described in the Company's filings
with the Securities and Exchange Commission; general economic and business conditions;
changes in customer preferences; competition; changes in technology; changes in business
strategy; the indebtedness of the Company; quality of management, business abilities and
judgment of the Company's personnel; and the availability, terms and deployment of
capital. Certain of these factors and risks, as well as other risks and uncertainties are
stated in more detail in the Company's Annual Report on Form 10-K. These forward-looking
statements are made as of the date of this press release, and the Company assumes no
obligation to update the forward-looking statements or to update the reasons why actual
results could differ from those projected in the forward-looking statements.

Contacts

Porter, LeVay & Rose, Inc., New York
Investor Relations:
Linda Decker
Editorial:
Catherine Hay
212/564-4700
or
RELM Wireless Corporation
David P. Storey
321/984-1414

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/O10svD/Me7FAA/AG3JAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/