Subject: [NEXTEL-1] IDT Training Class

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 18:09:51 -0400

-------- Original Message --------
From: "bmaney2001" <[email-masked]>
Subject:  IDT Training Class

INCIDENT DISPATCHER CLASS TO BE HELD

Gone are the days of having to utilize valuable and highly trained 
Fire Fighters and Police Officers to handle communications and 
administrative tasks at an Incident Command Post.  For those that 
have become familiar with the concept and value of using Incident 
Dispatcher Teams to manage extended operations, they are experiencing 
the benefits of better utilizing their resources by placing them back 
in the incident where they are qualified to be.  Incident Dispatchers 
staff positions that support incident management by maximizing 
effective communications, documentation, and accountability on scene 
in a Command Post.

These specialized Telecommunicators, known as Incident Dispatchers, 
are armed with statewide standardized training that includes Incident 
Command System modules, components on state disaster mutual process, 
Division of Forestry operations, as well as, Local Fire Rescue and 
Law Enforcement, mutual aid, command post tactics and resource 
accountability. Incidents, large and small, begin and end at the 
local level, so the concept is valuable both to local law enforcement 
and fire rescue agencies, as well as on a state level during large 
scale natural or man made disasters.  As such, in Florida, Incident 
Dispatcher Teams are being developed around the state.  The training 
and use of Incident Dispatcher Teams is recognized by the Florida 
Fire Chief's Association for deployment as an all risk resource to 
disasters and statewide emergencies.

Incident Dispatchers require advanced training, as well as, on-going 
in-house and regional training with the units they will be serving in 
the field.  Not all Telecommunicators make good Incident Dispatchers, 
and as such, Florida IDT is considered an advanced program with a 
preferred minimum of 3 years in public safety communications. The use 
of Incident Dispatchers is targeted primarily toward both fire rescue 
and law enforcement operations such as wild fires, large structure 
fires, SWAT, Hazmat, and Bomb operations, or any other extended 
operations situation in which an Incident Commander feels the use of 
an Incident Dispatcher Team can be of assistance. The Incident 
Dispatcher Team program also provides new avenues for career 
development for Telecommunicators, while enhancing their role within 
the public safety system.

TRAINING TO BE HELD IN SEMINOLE COUNTY – JULY 28 – AUGUST 1, 2003

Students will receive informative instruction, a course manual, a 
certificate of completion, and the opportunity to experience a 
revolutionary approach to improving communications during extended 
operations. The registration fee for this course is $145.00 (APCO 
members will receive a $10 discount).

Instructors are state and local experts, including representatives 
from  Florida Fire Chief's Association, APCO, Division of Forestry, 
Division of Emergency Management, and Local Fire Rescue and Local Law 
Enforcement field  and communications personnel.

You can view the course out-line, accommodation information, and also 
register on-line at www.ffca.org. For additional information you can 
contact:

Bonnie Maney, IDT Coordinator
561-227-6460
[email-masked]

Susan L. Hughes, Emergency Communications Team Leader
Division Communications Training Officer
407-665-5100 or [email-masked]

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Make Money Online Auctions! Make $500.00 or We Will Give You Thirty Dollars for Trying!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/yMx78A/fNtFAA/i5gGAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/