Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Miltope Awarded $6.5 Million for U.S. Army Aviation Computer Systems

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2003 20:27:04 -0400

Miltope Awarded $6.5 Million for U.S. Army Aviation Computer Systems

    MONTGOMERY, Ala., April 1 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ --
Miltope Group Inc., ("Miltope"), (Nasdaq: MILT) The U.S. Army has selected
Miltope Corp. as their supplier of rugged computers for the Aviation Mission
Planning System (AMPS) program.  The AMPS system is comprised of the newest
Miltope model TSC-750M computer system outfitted with a tactical data modem
for communication with SINCGARS radios.  The TSC-750M computer was selected
for its state-of-the-art functionality including the Intel(R) Pentium M(R)
processor, an ATI Mobility(TM) Radeon(TM) 3D graphics accelerator with
64Mbytes of dedicated video RAM (random access memory), and most importantly,
it's ultra reliable operation in the AMPS forward environment.
    MAJ Dan Smythe, assistant project manager, AMPS for the U.S. Army's office
for Aviation Mission Planning, said in the January 31, 2003 issue of ARMY
AVIATION, "AMPS has functional requirements to operate in severe operating
conditions that are too much for typical PC hardware cases.  Even commercial
off-the-shelf (COTS) ruggedized notebook systems do not meet the extreme
temperature, altitude, and high humidity requirements established in the AMPS
Operational Requirements Document ("ORD").   ... "Today, a ruggedized laptop
that meets the AMPS ORD requirements has been developed for the Army by
Miltope Corporation".
    For the AMPS program, the Miltope Model TSC-750M rugged computer is
enabled for tactical data communication using the Innovative Concepts IDM
Technology(TM) PCIDM(TM) V2 multi-channel modem/router as well as MIL-STD-1553
data bus interface capabilities.  The AMPS software, in conjunction with the
Miltope TSC-750M computer, will allow the Army Aviator to access Joint Common
Database data from the Maneuver Control System ("MCS"); receive situational
data from the All Source Analysis System ("ASAS"); interact through TACFIRE
messages with in-flight OH-58H Kiowa helicopters; and review the latest
weather situations from the Integrated Meteorological System ("IMETS").  The
technical capabilities of the TSC-750M is the computing system backbone that
enables the Army Aviator to access all available information provided by these
complex Army information systems.  The Miltope AMPS system will be fielded for
all active components and many National Guard aviation units.

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/04-01-2003/0001918041&EDATE=

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get a FREE REFINANCE QUOTE - click here!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/2CXtTB/ca0FAA/i5gGAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/