Subject: [NEXTEL-1] ADC, Terabeam Team For Wireless Fiber Services

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 02:24:54 -0400

ADC, Terabeam Team For Wireless Fiber Services

ADC [Nasdaq: ADCT] will be using Terabeam's millimeter
wavelength equipment in tandem with its Digivance radio-over-fiber
system in future wireless deployments. ADC says its Digivance RF
transport system allows wireless carriers to deliver service via
digital optical signals; the technique is known as "base-station
hoteling." Terabeam has developed free space optics (sending
invisible light primarily through office windows) and millimeter wave
(60 GHz RF) technologies to deliver the speed, capacity and
connectivity of fiber optics along with the delivery times of a
wireless technology.

By using Terabeam's high-frequency millimeter wavelength system,
ADC's products will be able to transmit via a 60 GHz radio signal.
Thus, carriers operating in areas where fiber is not available now
can avoid costly trenching and laying of fiber-optic cable. The
partners say they completed a test with a U.S. wireless carrier in
which the combination of the Terabeam millimeter wave equipment
paired with the ADC Digivance system provided 99.995 percent
availability. For more on this and other hot news in the fiber
industry, read the next edition of Fiber Optics News. For
subscription information, visit the "newsstand" at
http://www.TelecomWeb.com.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Make Money Online Auctions! Make $500.00 or We Will Give You Thirty Dollars for Trying!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/yMx78A/fNtFAA/i5gGAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/