Subject: [NEXTEL-1] MEETING ANNOUNCEMENT-“Wireless Innovations: New Technologies and Evolving Policies”

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 18:47:55 -0400

MEETING ANNOUNCEMENT

              “Wireless Innovations: New Technologies and Evolving Policies”

              Monday, May 12, 2003, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. – Technology Showcase

            Tuesday, May 13, 2003, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. – Policy Panel Discussion

                     U.S. Department of Commerce Lobby and Auditorium

                     1401 Constitution Avenue, N.W., Washington, D.C.

       (Entrance on 14th Street between Pennsylvania and Constitution Avenues, N.W.)

The Commerce Department's National Telecommunications and Information Administration
(NTIA), in cooperation with the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and the U.S.
Department of State’s International Communications and Information Policy (CIP) group,
will host a two-day wireless technology showcase and policy discussion.The first day will
consist of an exhibition of new, innovative wireless technologies, devices and
applications.The second day will feature panel discussions on unlicensed wireless
technologies by key policy makers, entrepreneurs, industry representatives and experts
from government and academia.

This two-day event will build upon NTIA’s “Spectrum Summit” held last year, the findings
and recommendations of the FCC’s Spectrum Policy Task Force, and the State
Department's international policy and regulatory reform efforts by highlighting and
demonstrating new and emerging technologies and creating a forum to discuss important
spectrum policy issues that are likely to impact tomorrow’s ever-changing marketplace.The
technology exhibition will provide policy-makers and members of the public and news media
an opportunity to witness live demonstrations of cutting-edge wireless technologies and
applications.The panel discussions, which will be Webcast over the Internet, will focus on
unlicensed wireless technologies and allow technology innovators and entrepreneurs the
opportunity to interact and exchange ideas with key policy decision-makers.Additional
information about the panel discussion and the Webcast will be announced in the near
future and will be available on the NTIA home page at: www.ntia.doc.gov, on the FCC’s
Spectrum Policy Task Force home page at: www.fcc.gov/sptf, and on the CIP's home page at:
www.state.gov/e/eb/cip/ .

The showcase and panel discussions will be open to the public and press on a first-come,
first-serve basis and space is limited.Due to security requirements and to facilitate
entry to the Department of Commerce building, attendees must have photo identification
available and/or a U.S. Government building pass, if applicable, and plan to arrive at
least one half hour ahead of the panel sessions. The events are physically accessible to
people with disabilities.

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT: Joe Gattuso, NTIA Office of Policy Analysis and
Development, at 202-482-1880 or electronic mail: [email-masked]; Kathleen Ham,
Federal Communications Commission, Office of Strategic Planning and Policy Analysis, at
(202) 418-2030, or electronic mail: [email-masked]; or Andrew Weinschenk, Department of
State Office of International Communications and Information Policy, at (202) 647-9340, or
electronic mail: [email-masked] media inquiries should be directed to the
Office of Public Affairs, NTIA, at (202) 482-7002.