Subject: [mobile-ip] [CFP] MSWiM 2003 Call for Papers

From: [email-masked] (Luciano Bononi)
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 14:10:07 +0200 (CEST)

====================================================================
       Our apologies if you have received multiple copies.
  Please, feel free to distribute and advertise the following cfp.

                        CALL FOR PAPERS           

                     6th ACM*  MSWiM 2003

  The Sixth International Workshop on Modeling, Analysis and 
          Simulation of Wireless and Mobile Systems

      (Jointly with ACM MobiCom 2003, September 14-19)

                      September 19, 2003
                      San Diego, CA, USA

               http://www.cs.unibo.it/mswim2003/

     * ACM and ACM SIGMOBILE  Pending Approval

 MSWiM is intended to provide an international forum for the
 discussion and presentation of original ideas, recent
 results and achievements by researchers, students, and
 systems developers on issues and challenges related to
 mobile and wireless systems. 
 Authors are encouraged to submit both theoretical and
 practical results of significance on all aspects of
 modeling, analysis and simulation of mobile computing and
 wireless networks.

 Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
  * Performance evaluation and modeling of mobile and
     wireless communication networks
  * Simulation and analysis of wireless protocols and mobile
     computing systems
  * Integrated simulation and measurement based evaluation
     of mobile and wireless systems
  * Survivability and reliability evaluation and modeling
  * RF channel capacity modeling and analysis
  * Design methodologies for wireless systems
  * Network support for QoS provisioning in wireless and
     mobile networks
  * Modeling and analysis of wireless Internet access
  * Traffic measurements and models for audio, video,
     multimedia, and WWW services
  * New simulation languages and tools for wireless systems
  * Database management systems and mobile computing
     (location-based queries, wireless data caching, mobile
     transactions) 
  * Wireless data dissemination (broadcasting and indexing
     techniques)
  * Pervasive computing and ad hoc networking
  * Wireless PANs, LANs
  * Sensor networks
  * Mobile agents support for wireless networks

             PAPER SUBMISSION AND PUBLICATION
 High-quality original papers are solicited. Papers must be
 unpublished and must not be submitted for publication
 elsewhere. All papers will be reviewed by Technical Program
 Committee members and other experts active in the field to
 ensure high quality and relevance to the conference. Paper
 length should not exceed 20 pages. Only Postscript and PDF
 formats are accepted. Papers must be submitted
 electronically through the EDAS system.
 For paper submission, please follow the submission
 instructions at:
          http://www.cs.unibo.it/mswim2003/
 Accepted papers will appear in the conference proceedings
 published by by ACM CS-press.
 A Special Issue with ACM/Baltzer MONET/WINET will be planned
 which will contain selected papers from MSWiM.

                     IMPORTANT DATES
 Full papers due: June 5, 2003
 Notification: July 15, 2003
 Camera Ready due: TBD

 Organizing Committee

  General Chair
   Rassul Ayani
   Department of Microelectronics and Information Technology
   Royal Institute of Technology (KTH)
   Email: [email-masked]

  Program Co-Chairs
   Carla-Fabiana Chiasserini
   Dipartimento di Elettronica, Politecnico di Torino, Italy
   Email: [email-masked]

   Hossam Hassanein
   Department of Computing and Information Science
   Queen's University
   Email: [email-masked]

  Publicity Co-Chairs
   Luciano Bononi
   Universita' di Bologna, Bologna, Italy
   Email: [email-masked]

   Helen Karatza
   Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki, Greece
   Email: [email-masked]

   Mirela Sechi Moretti Annoni Notare
   Barddal University, Florianopolis, SC Brazil
   Email: [email-masked]

  Program Committee
   Anand Balachandran, University of California at San Diego, USA
   Simonetta Balsamo, Universita' Ca' Foscari di Venezia, Italy
   Luciano Bononi, Universita' di Bologna, Bologna, Italy
   Azzedine Boukerche, University of North Texas, USA
   Lorenzo Casaccia, Qualcomm, San Diego, USA
   Xiuzhen Cheng, George Washington University, USA
   Carla-Fabiana Chiasserini, Politecnico di Torino, Italy
   Marco Conti, IIT - CNR, Italy
   Teresa A. Dahlberg, University of North Carolina at Charlotte, USA
   Sajal K. Das, University of Texas at Arlington, USA
   Juan Carlos De Martin, Politecnico di Torino, Italy
   Alois Ferscha, Johannes Kepler University of Linz, Austria
   Vincenzo Grassi, Universita' di Roma Tor Vergata, Italy
   Mohsen Guizani, Western Michigan University, USA
   Fredrik Gunnarsson, Ericsson Research, Sweden
   Hossam Hassanein, Queen's University, Canada
   Sumi Helal, University of Florida, USA
   Helen Karatza, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece
   Yi-Bing Lin, Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan
   Michela Meo, Politecnico di Torino, Italy
   Pavan Nugehalli, University of California at San Diego, USA
   Mohamed Ould-Khaoua, University of Glasgow, UK
   Mirela Sechi Moretti Annoni Notare, Barddal University, Brazil
   Krishna M. Sivalingam, University of Maryland Baltimore County, USA
   Vikram Srinivasan, University of California at San Diego, USA
   Dirk Staehle, University of Wurzburg, Germany
   Mineo Takai, University of California at Los Angeles, USA
   David Tipper, University of Pittsburgh, USA
   Phuoc Tran-Gia, University of Wurzburg, Germany
   Albert Y. Zomaya, University of Sydney, AU

  Steering Committee Chair
   Azzedine Boukerche, University of North texas, USA

  Advisory Board Committee
   Azzedine Boukerche, University of North texas, USA
   Sajal K. Das, University of Texas at Arlington, USA
   Lorenzo Donatiello, Universita' di Bologna, Italy
   Jason Yi-Bing Lin, National Chiao-Tung University, Taiwan
   William C.Y. Lee, AirTouch Inc.

  Registration Chair
   Tom Jacob, University of North texas, USA

  Webmaster and System Co-Chairs
   Luciano Bononi, University of Bologna, Italy
   Email: [email-masked]

   Maurizio Munafo', Politecnico di Torino, Italy
   Email: [email-masked]

====================================================================