Subject: Re: [NEXTEL-1] Re: UTC Submits "Balanced Approach" Plan to Counter "The Plan"

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 13:55:31 EDT

In a message dated 4/9/2003 1:11:13 PM Eastern Daylight Time, 
[email-masked] writes:

> Still collecting data on ARINC's system ( I would not be surprised if they 
> hit +50%). 
> 
It would be great if ARINC had ANY sites with more than 20 channels in an 
iDEN format (most of them are indeed below 100 feet), particularly at O'Hare, 
LAX, or the 3 NY airports.  Unfortunately, they don't.  The most ARINC has at 
any one site right now is about 18 at Miami.  Nor are they using five 
overlapping sites at any airport (at least right now) to my knowledge.  So, 
at this time at least, none of ARINC's site meet the definitional criteria 
that we used (either of the two above issues would take it out of the 
definition).

Alan T.

---

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2003 14:18:15 -0400

Ok,

Who's "low-Site" or "Cellular-Type" architecture definition are we using?

[email-masked] wrote:

> It would be great if ARINC had ANY sites with more than 20 channels in an iDEN
> format (most of them are indeed below 100 feet), particularly at O'Hare, LAX,
> or the 3 NY airports.  Unfortunately, they don't.  The most ARINC has at any
> one site right now is about 18 at Miami.  Nor are they using five overlapping
> sites at any airport (at least right now) to my knowledge.  So, at this time
> at least, none of ARINC's site meet the definitional criteria that we used
> (either of the two above issues would take it out of the definition).
>
> Alan T.

Like you said it-  (at least right now)-

Like I said "Still collecting data on ARINC's system"

I will add this to the library's database.....