Subject: [mobile-ip] Mobile IP RR Security

From: Sun Peng <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 14:23:39 +0800

Problem:
 N can be perfect place to do 'man-in-the middle', unless PKI is used. 
 but  Global PKI cannot be assumed. 

BU /BA cannot be trust anymore, any latest development on this?

Any advice?

Thanks
-peng

---

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 17:46:45 +0300

> BU /BA cannot be trust anymore, any latest development on this?

I'm not sure I understand the question, but basically even a global
PKI wouldn't help here. Even if it would exist, it wouldn't answer
the question "can this person update routing for IP address X?".
But currently we believe PKI isn't needed and other simpler mechanisms
provide sufficient level of security.

Draft-nikander-mobileip-v6-ro-sec-00.txt and its references
may help explain more.

Jari