Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Leaders of Industry to Provide TiEcon 2003 Attendees with Blueprint for Success

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 10:41:49 -0400

Leaders of Industry to Provide TiEcon 2003 Attendees with Blueprint for Success

April 11, 2003 8:01am

SANTA CLARA, Calif., April 11 /PRNewswire/ -- Dr. Irwin Jacobs, CEO of QUALCOMM,
joins marquee speakers Don Valentine, a Silicon Valley venture capitalist and
Chairman of Network Appliances, and Steve Young, former 49er quarterback and
social entrepreneur, to speak at TiEcon -- http://www.tiecon.org -- on May 16
and 17, 2003 at the Westin Hotel and Santa Clara Convention Center.
Irwin Jacobs will inspire TiEcon's audience of
leading venture capitalists, academics,
investment bankers, lawyers, entrepreneurs
and elite technology executives from around
the world with his vision of "Succeeding with
New Realities." In a discussion entitled "My
Valley," stalwart Silicon Valley venture
capitalist Don Valentine will share his success
secrets and insight gained from his early stage
investments in companies such as Oracle,
Yahoo, and Cisco and how investors today can
spot "the next big deal." In the "Winning in the
Game of Business" session, Steve Young will
reveal his strategy for striking the right balance
between success and social entrepreneurship.

"TiEcon's seasoned speakers and presenters
span the entire business and technology
landscape," said Vish Mishra, Convener of
TiEcon 2003 and partner in Clearstone Venture Partners. "The ideas, information
and connections created through TiEcon are the catalysts that convert the
entrepreneurial spirit into solid, successful Fortune 1000 enterprises of the
future. The attendees of TiEcon 2003 are those who will lead the upturn in the
economy."

TiEcon 2003 speakers, moderators, panelists and conference participants include:
Mike Moritz, Sequoia Capital; Greg Reyes, Brocade; Ujjl Kohli, Meru Networks;
David Nagel, Palm; Roy Chestnut, Nextel; Gail Hamilton, Symantec; Munjal Shah,
Andale.

The mix of presentations, discussions and networking opportunities among thought
leaders, veteran entrepreneurs and new businessmen planned for TiEcon 2003 will
be divided into two days. Day one will set the framework of today's business
environment and will focus on developing the criteria for running a successful
businesses based on today's global economic situation. On day two, in-depth
forums and panel sessions focused in the areas of bioinformatics, biotech,
digital media, life sciences, networking, semiconductors, security, software,
storage, and wireless/broadband communications will help attendees understand
the current issues within each industry and learn about new ideas that are
poised to revolutionize each sector.

About Dr. Irwin Mark Jacobs:

Co-founder, chairman and CEO of QUALCOMM Incorporated, Dr. Jacobs is a pioneer
of Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA) digital wireless technology. He led the
commercialization of CDMA technology and its success as the world's
fastest-growing, most advanced voice and data wireless communications
technology. Dr. Jacobs holds several CDMA patents, contributing to QUALCOMM's
extensive portfolio of more than 2,300 issued and pending U.S. patent
applications. Prior to his founding QUALCOMM, Dr Jacobs was Co-founder,
President, Chairman and CEO of LINKABIT Corporation, directing its growth from a
few part-time employees in 1969 to over 1500-strong corporation now. Prior to
that he worked as an assistant/associate professor of electrical engineering at
MIT before moving to University of California as professor of computer science
and engineering.

About Don Valentine:

Valentine founded Sequoia Capital in 1972 and was one of the original investors
in Apple Computer, Atari, LSI Logic, Oracle and Electronic Arts. He is currently
the Chairman of Network Appliance; the Vice Chairman of Cisco; the Chairman of
diCarta; and a Director of Procurepoint Travel Solutions. Previously, he was the
Chairman of C-Cube Microsystems. Don's investment interests embrace the
components, systems and software industries. Before starting Sequoia Capital,
Don was a founder of National Semiconductor and a senior sales and marketing
executive with Fairchild Semiconductor.

About Steve Young:

Young lead the NFL in passing efficiency with a 101.8 quarterback rating in his
first year as the starter. He holds the all time highest NFL quarterback rating
of 112.8 for the 1994 "Superbowl" season. In 1993, Steve organized the Forever
Young Foundation, a charitable foundation that has raised large sums of money to
aid youth organizations and other charities in the San Francisco area, and in
Utah and Arizona.

About TiE:

TiE is a not-for-profit global network of entrepreneurs and business executives
focused on building an entrepreneurial ecosystem that drives innovation and
success in business. TiE is a vast global resource for top talent, workshops and
experience. Founded in 1992 TiE is now the world's largest organization of its
type, with 40 chapters in nine countries, with 800 Charter Members and 10,000
Members.

For more information about TiE visit www.tiesv.org.
CONTACT: Santosh Ramdev, Public Relations Co-Chair of The Indus Entrepreneurs,
cell, +1-510-435-8978, or office, +1-408-567-0700, or [email-masked].

http://hoovnews.hoovers.com/fp.asp?layout=query_displaynews&q=NEXTEL&so=&dc=&ro=&ed=&sd=&s=1&boldtext=NEXTEL&sym=&doc_id=NR200304111680.2_ff4e002206160c25

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get a FREE REFINANCE QUOTE - click here!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/2CXtTB/ca0FAA/i5gGAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/