Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Verizon Wireless Test Man Targets San Francisco Bay Area

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2003 19:33:30 -0400

Verizon Wireless Test Man Targets San Francisco Bay Area

Landmarks in East Bay Benefit From Increased Wireless Call Capacity

WALNUT CREEK, Calif., April 4 /PRNewswire/ -- Verizon Wireless, the
nation's largest wireless provider, has improved and expanded its digital
network across northern California.  Based on the findings of its local team
of "Can you hear me now?" Test Man experts, the company recently launched
enhancements at more than 30 sites in the East Bay, including many national
and local landmarks.  The initiative strategically improved the network's call
capacity for commuters on the Golden Gate Bridge, students and faculty at the
University of California at Berkeley, horse racing fans at Golden Gate Fields
and businesspeople and residents in downtown Berkeley and downtown Oakland.
"Our television Test Man, with his signature 'Can you hear me now?'
phrase, represents our commitment -- we never stop working for you," said Tony
Simpson, regional president of Verizon Wireless.  "We're focused on building a
network that allows our customers to make a call, with clear reception,
whenever they'd like and without getting dropped."
Verizon Wireless invested $500 million in its California network in
2002, which expanded the company's coverage in the state by 26 percent and
increased capacity by 36 percent to handle even more simultaneous voice and
data calls, in keeping with the company's focus on network quality.  Verizon
Wireless leads the industry in national network investment, averaging
$4 billion a year for the last two years, and expects to invest a similar
amount in 2003.
http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/04-04-2003/0001920428&EDATE=

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get a FREE REFINANCE QUOTE - click here!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/2CXtTB/ca0FAA/i5gGAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/