Subject: [NEXTEL-1] BOOST Mobile and YES Networks Partner to Provide Interactive Radio Services to Youth Wireless Market

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 12:25:28 -0400

BOOST Mobile and YES Networks Partner to Provide Interactive Radio Services to
Youth Wireless Market
Source: Business Wire
Publication date: 2003-04-15

IRVINE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--April 15, 2003--BOOST Mobile, a
lifestyle-based wireless telecommunications company serving young and
active consumers, and YES Networks, a pioneer in interactive broadcast
services, are offering interactive media services to BOOST Mobile
customers.

The deal enables BOOST Mobile customers with Wireless Web access to
easily identify a song playing on their favorite radio station and buy the
matching CD from Amazon.com.

By selecting the "Entertainment" item from BOOST Mobile's Wireless Web
service menu, a customer simply chooses the matching city and radio
station and YES identifies the song and performer that is playing and
provides CD purchase information.

"We've all heard a new tune on the radio and waited for the DJ to name the
artist, only to hear a commercial immediately follow the song," said Seth
Cummings, senior manager, Interactive, BOOST Mobile. "Not anymore.
Through our agreement with YES, we are continuing to offer innovative
wireless products and services that accommodate the lifestyle interests of
young people."

BOOST Mobile's Wireless Web service provides access to many different
Web-based sites in the display of a BOOST Mobile phone. For 20 cents a
day, customers can add 'always on' Wireless Web service to any BOOST
Mobile service plan and access YES on their wireless phones and devices
through the BOOST Wireless Web menu.

A recent study conducted by Paragon Research Strategies in 2003 found
that 82 percent of radio listeners think DJ announcing of artist and title
information is important, yet listeners notice decreasing announcements of
such information. YES provides these services to station listeners wherever
they are -- in the home or on the road.

"Wireless phones are compact and unobtrusive," said Daniel Goldscheider,
president of YES Networks. "By making our service available through Boost
Mobile's wireless phones, YES provides radio station listeners with an
easy-to-use tool for identifying the song now playing on air and buying the
CD, merchandise, concert tickets and more."

About YES Networks Inc.

YES is a leading contextual data aggregator and application service provider
for mobile operators, broadcasters and content providers and the premier
destination to transform consumers' passions and interests into action,
response and commerce.

Listeners across the country can identify the song playing on radio stations
and then buy the CD, concert tickets and other related merchandise from
top online merchants, such as Amazon and eBay. With service available for
more than 1,000 top radio stations, YES is accessible via voice-activated
phone services, radio station and personal Web sites, www.yes.net and
Wireless Web-enabled devices.

YES Networks is a privately held company with U.S. offices in suburban
Philadelphia.

About BOOST Mobile

BOOST Mobile LLC, with headquarters in Irvine, is a lifestyle-based
telecommunications company that focuses solely on developing and
distributing communications products for the youth market. BOOST Mobile
is the only pay-as-you-go wireless phone service that offers the unique
BOOST 2WAY(TM) walkie-talkie feature.

The company offers pay-as-you-go wireless phone service, RE-BOOST
pay-as-you-go airtime cards and a wide range of accessories, Java(TM)
games for wireless phones, ring-tones and other cutting-edge mobile
services that are available at more than 800 locations where youth prefer to
shop, including Best Buy, Wherehouse Music, Good Guys and wireless and
youth fashion retailers in California and Nevada.

Find more information on the Web at www.boostmobile.com.

http://cnniw.yellowbrix.com/pages/cnniw/Story.nsp?story_id=38108354&ID=cnniw&scategory=Telecommunications%3AWireless&

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Make Money Online Auctions! Make $500.00 or We Will Give You Thirty Dollars for Trying!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/yMx78A/fNtFAA/i5gGAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: "Bulldog" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 19:57:46 -0000

The segment you sell BOOST to is generally proficient enough to "file-
share" to get the songs they want. Sure it's copyright infringement 
but how do you police it?  It's like outlawing the chewing of gum. 

We'll see how many people purchase CD's from Amazon with a WAP 
interface.  I do like however the ability to look up a particular 
artist.  I fail to see how the two co-mingle.

I still listen to broadcast radio but any stored media I play on my 
PC because I'm too lazy to change disks.  What we need are car 
stereos that accept Flash Pen Drives.  Then you could play your 
stored media and RECORD while driving.  Now that's a service! 
[email-masked]

--- In [email-masked], Marcel <Marcelrf@B...> wrote:
> http://cnniw.yellowbrix.com/pages/cnniw/Story.nsp?
story_id=38108354&ID=cnniw&scategory=Telecommunications%3AWireless&