Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Sun.Star Zamboanga - Zamboanga cops want own textline for emergency use

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 12:04:37 -0400

I think you will find if you use GSM in US this service is not difficult to
implement. I note
from this group (Nextel-1) T-Mobile, Verizon and others offer GSM in the
states.

In UK, short dial codes are not new. The SMS service depends upon
implementations
in network, handset and SIM functionality. 

(Standards) technically speaking with GSM, depending upon functionality
look
to Phase 2 + handsets (GSM11.10) and SIMs (GSM11.11) both with SIM
Application
Toolkits known as STK (GSM11.14) and for Short Message Service (GSM03.38;
0340, 0342 etc)

BER ANS1 and Simply-T,L,V
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 
Mobile Equipment conforming to the minimum terminal profile: 0B 01 05 23 

SMS TPDU tag = 0B
Command details tag = 01
Alpha identifier tag = 05
R-APDU tag class "a" only = 23

Support of all current functions the following profile minimum or exceeded
`0B 83 17 23 00 00 00 18 01' is useful to implement secure messaging. Ergo,
ideal for law enforcement and emergency services.

Message text written by INTERNET:[email-masked]
>Sounds like the police in Manila City in The Phillipines are ahead of
everyone in the USA - they have a special phone number for receiving SMS
text from cellphones, and it is automatically entered into the police
computer system
<

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get a FREE REFINANCE QUOTE - click here!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/2CXtTB/ca0FAA/i5gGAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/