Subject: [NEXTEL-1] CROME on the Phone

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2003 14:38:27 -0500

http://newt.quantumsi.com/wap/#features

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Save Smiley. Help put Messenger back in the office.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/4PqtEC/anyFAA/i5gGAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

CROME on the Phone

Quantum SI is proud to present its WAP (Wireless Access Interface) to its CROME product. The
initial features available include a powerful real-time variance reporting mechanism to
analyze current performance issues.

This feature is available NOW to all licensed users. To ensure that this data is only provided to licensed companies,
you must first perform a short configuration process using your iDen phone (this includes an email-back verification
to your PC/Outlook email account). This is a one-time only process -- after it's done the system will recognize
your phone and let you proceed.

INSTRUCTIONS on setting up your phone

CROME/WAP Features Available on your phone

INSTRUCTIONS on setting up your phone:

Step 1

Your phone should be in Net Mode and on the "Enter Site" choice

Enter site: wap.quantumsi.com

Step 2

Hold down the "Menu" key

Bookmark this site for later reference.

Step 3

You'll see the QUANTUM SI WAP Screen. Choose #1: CROME PM

Step 4

On the CROME PM Screen, choose Your Company name

Step 5

On the CROME (Your Company) SW Screen, choose #2: RT variance (using the standard navigational buttons)

Step 6

This message indicates that you have not yet gone through these steps to configure your phone. Choose OK

Step 7

Enter your standard PC/Outlook email address (NOT your wireless address). This is
necessary because, for security purposes, we can only allow corporate employees to view the PM data, and we must verify
via standard email. So simply type your firstname.lastname (you don't need to type @yourcompany.com -- it will
add that automatically).

Step 8

Once you click OK, it will ensure that you typed a valid email address (i.e., if you typed an email address @ a
non-company domain, it will give you an error and ask you to re-type it).

Note that the message indicates it has sent an email to your PC/Outlook email address (in this example, bill.clinton).
You must now go to your PC and read your PC/Outlook email. That email will contain a URL that you
must click on (in a standard PC Browser), else you will not be able to access CROME via your phone. In this manner,
we ensure than only valid employees can get access to the data.

SIDE NOTE: the email will also contain a password. You do not need this password to access CROME via your iDEN
phone, but you DO need it if you wish to access your WAP account via our standard HTML webpage at wap.quantumsi.com.
Keep this password for later reference (or go to wap.quantumsi.com on your PC browser, log in with that password,
and then change your password to your own choice).

Step 9

On your phone, you will be returned to the CROME PM screen. Now, when you click on Your Company...

Step 10

The screen will flash your name, because it now recognizes your iDEN phone. You will never have to enter your email
name or password again, because the QuantumSI WAP Service now recognizes your phone.

Step 11

Your name will only appear for a second, and then the menu will appear. As mentioned in Step 8,
you must click (via a standard PC browser) on the URL specified in your EMAIL. If you have not yet clicked on that
URL, and you choose RT Variance on this screen, you will get the same screen as in Step 8: telling you your account
is set up but you still need to go click on your URL.

Step 12

If you clicked on your URL, you should see the real-time Crome Variance data. This indicates that your phone is
validated and configured properly. For more information on the Crome Variance data and other Wap features, see
features below.

CROME/WAP Features Available on your phone:

Once you have configured your phone as described above, you can access the CROME/WAP features available. There
are 5 choices currently on the CROME page:

About CROME

RT Variance

Server Status

Server Load

Server Date

The first choice simply recites some info about the features. The third through fifth choices provide information
about the server status, respectively the time it finished collecting the previous day's data, the current load
on the system, and the date on the server.

The second choice is the most interesting and is described in detail below -- it provides information in near-real-time
(i.e., as real time as possible from the OMC) about performance issues, in particular Sectors that performing outside
of certain specifications.

There are five different variance formulas currently being processed in real-time by this system. Information
for each formula can be ascertained from the following links:

Subrate Mismatch (IBCR > IBQR)

High Interconnect Blocking (IBCR > 5%)

High Interconnect Drop Rate (IDCR > 4% and IMOU > 100)

High Dispatch Queueing (DBR > 5%)

No Interconnect or Dispatch Traffic (IMOU = 0 or DMOU = 0)

The following steps take you through these features.

Step 1

Your phone should be in Net Mode and on the "Enter Site" choice

Enter site: wap.quantumsi.com

Step 2

You'll see the QUANTUM SI WAP Screen. Choose #1: CROME PM

Step 3

On the CROME PM Screen, choose Your Company Name: (Y

Step 4

On the CROME SW Screen, choose #2: RT variance

Step 5

If your phone is not configured, you will see a message indicating that you need to configure your phone. Please
see the configuration steps above.

Otherwise, you will see a screen similar to the one on the left. This screen shows the current Number of CELLS
that CROME has determined are currently operating beyond certain performance metrics.

The top line of the screen in this example shows "Period=1700-1729", meaning that this data is for 5:00pm
thru 5:29pm today. The data is usually lagged about 90 minutes, due to delays in the data arriving on the OMC.

Step 6

Notice that if you navigate (using the standard navigational buttons) to any of the descriptive lines, the text will scroll back-and-forth (left to
right) so that the entire line can be seen. The picture on the left is the same screen as in Step 5, but the first
item ("12 CELLS, High Dispatch Queuing") is scrolling back and forth.

"High Dispatch Queuing" is one of the five performance variance formulas currently reported on in this
WAP interface. For a description of each variance, see the

detailed information.

Note that there may be more choices scrolled off the screen, and you can navigate down to these as well.

Step 7

If you Select OK while positioned on one of lines shown in Step 6, you will get details on those particular CELLS.
Like the previous screen, each line will scroll left-to-right to show the entire EBTS name and ESMR Cell ID.

In this example, we selected on line 2 from the previous screen (the one saying "39 CELLS").

In this screen we get a list of all 39 CELLS. Only 20 can fit on a scrollable screen at once, so the Right SoftKey
indicates "NXT19" to see the next 19 CELLS.

Once you navigate to a desired line, you can select OK and get more detailed information:

Step 8

After selecting a particular EBTS/Sector, the next screen (scrollable to two pages) shows complete information
about this variance report:

The name of the variance (in this example High Interconnect Blocking)

The time period of this report (5:00pm thru 5:29pm today)

The OMC (lax01, i.e., Los Angeles OMC)

The BSC (BSC_9)

The EBTS Name (5077_WestHollywood)

The SECT ESMR Cell ID

The Motorola OMC-assigned "network ID"

Each numerical value associated with this variance, in this case the I_BCR (Interconnect Block Clear Rate)
value

By selecting OK, and DONE on other screens, you can work your back to the previous menus. Also, the standard
"PREV" Browsing key on the iDEN phones will bring you back as well.