Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel Steps up to the Plate with the Chicago Cubs

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2003 11:50:47 -0400

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/030407/75041_1.html

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
FREE Cell Phones with up to $400 Cash Back!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/_bBUKB/vYxFAA/i5gGAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

Search - Finance Home - Yahoo! - Help

Welcome,
marcel_rf1
[Sign
Out]

Money Manager
-
My Yahoo! View
-
Customize

Financial
News

Enter
symbol(s) BasicDayWatchPerformanceReal-time MktDetailedChartResearchOptionsOrder
Book
Symbol Lookup

Press Release

Source:
Nextel Communications, Inc.

Nextel Steps up to the Plate with the Chicago Cubs
Monday April 7, 9:01 am ET

Signs Sponsorship Agreement

CHICAGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--April 7, 2003--Nextel Communications
Inc. (NASDAQ:NXTL - News), a leading provider of fully-integrated wireless
voice and data communications services, will indeed step up to the
plate as it swings into a sponsorship agreement with the Chicago Cubs
baseball club.

Under the three-year agreement, Nextel is granted significant
marketing rights, such as an In-Game concept entitled "Nextel's Direct
Connect to the Past", official souvenir program advertisements and
signage at the main entrance to the Mezzanine level, as well as in
each of 67 suites.

Certain Club representatives will use Nextel's wireless phones
during each game to showcase their digital cellular characteristics
and Nextel Direct Connect®, the powerful long-range digital two-way
radio feature.

"Nextel is excited to begin this relationship with the Chicago
Cubs," commented Kevin Flynn, Nextel's area vice president for the
Illinois, Wisconsin and Northwest Indiana markets. "Our partnership
will help us gain further exposure with the people and the business
community of Chicago. In addition, it provides many opportunities to
showcase Nextel's differentiated products and services in an
interactive environment."

About Nextel

Nextel Communications, a Fortune 300 company based in Reston, Va.,
is a leading provider of fully integrated wireless communications
services and has built the largest guaranteed all-digital wireless
network in the country covering thousands of communities across the
United States. Nextel and Nextel Partners, Inc., currently serve 197
of the top 200 U.S. markets.

Through recent market launches, Nextel and Nextel Partners service
is available today in areas of the U.S. where approximately 240
million people live or work.

Contact:

Nextel Communications, Inc., Itasca
Arianne Venuso, 630/875-5105
[email-masked]

Source:
Nextel Communications, Inc.
Email this story
-
Set
a News
Alert
ADVERTISEMENT

Special Offers

·

Mortgage Rates at Historic Lows! Bad Credit OK.

·

LendingTree - Let Banks Compete for You!

·

Fast Tax Refund! File online with TurboTax® For the WebSM

·

Credit Card offers @ eCreditCards.com (U.S. Only)

·

Planning to Sell or Buy a Home this Spring?

Apply for a Home Equity Line of Credit.

·

FDA Approved Diet-Sleep-Viag-Pain.Delivered overnite

·

Mortgage Rates at Historic Lows! Bad Credit OK.

·

Fast, Easy, & FREE Tax Preparation!

·

Save up to $500* in commissions with CyberTrader.

Related
Quote

NXTL

12.40

+0.11

News

View Detailed Quote
Delayed 20 mins
Quote data provided by
Reuters

Related News Stories

·

Stable Growers Surge as Cyclical Tech Wilts - RealCommentary from TheStreet.com (Fri Apr 4)

·

Nextel Communications Earnings Call scheduled for Wed, Apr 23 - CCBN (Thu Apr 3)

·

Nextel to Host Conference Call - Business Wire (Wed Apr 2)

·

MidCast Gives Mobile Market Watchers Real-Time Data - NewsFactor (Tue Apr 1)

More...

·

By
industry:
Computers, Networking, Sports, Telecom

Top Stories

·

Stocks Hold Solid Gains on War Optimism - Reuters (11:05 am)

·

Morgan Stanley Upgrades AOL-Time Warner - Reuters (11:31 am)

·

El Paso Names New Director - Reuters (11:36 am)

·

Court Overturns State Farm Damages Award - Reuters (10:23 am)

More...

·

Most-emailed
articles

·

Most-viewed
articles

Finance Spotlight

·

Credit Reports
Find out your credit score instantly

·

MarketTracker
Live streaming quotes for $9.95/mo

Copyright © 2003 Yahoo! Inc. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy - Terms of Service - Ad Feedback
Copyright
©
2003 Business Wire. All rights reserved. All
the news releases provided by Business Wire are copyrighted.
Any forms of
copying other than an individual user's personal reference
without express
written permission is prohibited. Further distribution
of these materials
by posting, archiving in a public web site or database,
or redistribution
in a computer network is strictly forbidden.