Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Dept of Defense Spectrum Policy czar leaves Pentagon]

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 16:51:55 -0400

Price to leave 
spectrum post at DoD

April 22, 2003 
12:04 PM EST

WASHINGTON

Steven Price, the Pentagon spectrum czar responsible for strengthening military wireless
policy and negotiating complex deals with industry over the rights to the airwaves, is
leaving the Department of Defense. 

Price told RCR Wireless News his resignation is effective May 2. Price, a former cellular
industry executive, said he thoroughly enjoyed his time at DoD, but wants to spend more
time with his family. 

Linton Wells, principal deputy assistant secretary of defense for command, control,
communications and intelligence, will serve as acting head of DoD spectrum policy. 

After joining the Pentagon in November 2001, Price became involved in high-profile clashes
with industry over spectrum issues involving third-generation mobile phone technology,
ultra-wide band and Wi-Fi technology deployment in the United States. Price is credited
with helping advance initiatives to safeguard military spectrum and secure reimbursement
from the industry for relocating Pentagon radio systems to other frequencies. 

Elsewhere, Howard Schmidt, cyber security advisor to President Bush, has announced he is
leaving the Bush administration. Earlier this year, Schmidt’s boss, Richard Clarke,
stepped down as the nation’s top cyber security official. Clarke, and more recently
Schmidt, have raised questions about the administration’s cyber security policy. The White
House did not return calls for comment. 

http://rcrnews.com/cgi-bin/news.pl?newsId=8203

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Make Money Online Auctions! Make $500.00 or We Will Give You Thirty Dollars for Trying!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/yMx78A/fNtFAA/AG3JAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/