Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Question about : [220] WARREN C. HAVENS Denied petition - (AMTS) licensee.

From: "marcel_rf1" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 17:27:00 -0000

--- In [email-masked], Jack Daniel <JackDaniel@R...> wrote:

I thought Mobex Network Services (was RegioNet Wireless) is providing
'private' land mobile communications service to non-marine users on 
AMTS
channels on the west coast. Maybe just installing an interconnect
satisfies the FCC even if it is never used o raccessible by the land
mobile users?

Maybe someone can you explain the technical difference between Havens
petition and how Mobex/RegioNet is operating? Thanks. (Paul Hayden are
you monitoring?)

For those who daring people want to get totally confused about this
band, band managers, etc. and some of the players, start out with: 

http://220.mrtmag.com/ar/radio_aerwv_prepares_buy_2/

" Nextel owns a 15% stake in Mobex Communications, Jeffersonville, IN.
Mobex operates the Watercom two-way radio network with Midwest and 
Gulf
Coast waterway coverage in the 217MHz–219MHz Automated Marine
Telecommunications Service band. It also operates the Regionet 
Wireless
voice, data and AVL two-way radio system using 12.5kHz FM to cover the
West Coast, East Coast and Great Lakes regions in the same frequency
band."

There have obviusly been several mutations of this mess since then, 
but
the same players seen to be involved as company names change and 
liceses
change ownership and are mixed with others.

If there's any questions, Todd Ellis knows the answer! (just joking)

But I may be wrong........
Jack Daniel
========================================================

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/O10svD/Me7FAA/AG3JAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/