Subject: [NEXTEL-1] MariTEL on the move

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 10:14:53 -0400

-------- Original Message --------
From: HornSmoke <[email-masked]>
Subject: MariTEL on the move

   MariTEL creates spectrum group to offer 5400 kHz of VHF
MariTEL, Incorporated announced the formation of MariTEL Spectrum
Development to make available VHF spectrum for sale or lease.

MariTEL holds radio spectrum rights for up to nineteen 12.5 kHz VHF
(157/162 MHz) contiguous channelized pairs with a presence in 45 states
covering 80 percent of the U.S. population. Part of this spectrum is
used for MariTEL's marine communications business. However, because
MariTEL intends to shift the focus of its core business from
voice-centric to data-centric services, MariTEL now has up to 5400 kHz
of VHF spectrum available for other purposes. MariTEL Spectrum
Development will manage utilization of these frequencies.

MariTEL says it will tailor an arrangement based on specific needs --
from outright purchase of the spectrum, to a joint venture in which
MariTEL manages communication services. MariTEL has developed
relationships with major radio equipment suppliers, such as Motorola,
Kenwood, Tait, Dataradio, ICOM, and IPMobileNet to ensure maximum
compatibility between this spectrum and the intended application, the
company said. MariTEL will coordinate with these suppliers on frequency
planning issues.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/O10svD/Me7FAA/AG3JAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/