Subject: [NEXTEL-1] NOTICE OF ANNUAL MEETING OF STOCKHOLDERS

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2003 14:36:37 -0400

NOTICE OF ANNUAL MEETING OF STOCKHOLDERS

MAY 29, 2003
We will hold the annual meeting of stockholders of Nextel
Communications, Inc. on May 29, 2003 at 10:00 a.m. local time at The
Hyatt Regency Reston, 1800 Presidents Street, Reston, Virginia 20190
(703-709-1234).

The purpose of the annual meeting is to consider and take
action on the following:

1.  Election of three directors, William E. Conway, Jr., Morgan E.
O'Brien and Stephanie M. Shern, each for a three-year term ending
2006;

2.  Ratification of the appointments of Craig O. McCaw as a
director for a term ending 2004 and Dennis M. Weibling as a director
for a term ending 2005;

3.  Approval of an amendment to our certificate of incorporation
to eliminate provisions relating to three classes of preferred
stock, of which no shares are outstanding;

4.  Ratification of Deloitte & Touche LLP as our independent
auditors for the year 2003; and

5.  Any other business that properly comes before the annual
meeting.

Stockholders of record as of April 4, 2003 can vote at the
annual meeting. This proxy statement, the accompanying proxy card
and the 2002 annual report to stockholders are being mailed or
otherwise distributed to you on or about April 28, 2003. Please vote
before the annual meeting in one of the following ways:

1.  Use the toll-free number shown on your proxy card;

2.  Visit the website shown on your proxy card to vote via the
Internet; or

3.  Complete, sign, date and return the enclosed proxy card in the
enclosed postage-paid envelope.

Your vote is very important. Please vote before the meeting
using one of the methods above to ensure that your vote will be
counted. Your proxy may be revoked at any time before the vote at
the annual meeting by following the procedures outlined in the
accompanying proxy statement.

By order of the Board of Directors,

William E. Conway, Jr.
Chairman of the Board of Directors

---------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/O10svD/Me7FAA/AG3JAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/