Subject: [NEXTEL-1] CEA proposes alert receiver standard

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 05 Apr 2003 11:44:04 -0500

CEA proposes alert receiver standard

 IWCE/MRT, Apr 3 2003

 The Consumer Electronics Association has announced that its “R’3 Audio
Systems Committee has formed a working group (R3 WG4) to develop
voluntary standards associated with All Hazards NOAA Weather Radio
receivers and related products.”

 This initiative will be a joint public sector-private sector
partnership with the U.S. Department of Commerce’s National Oceanic and
Atmosphere Administration and the National Weather Service.

 According to a statement released by the consumer trade group CEA’s All
Hazards Alert working group also will “evaluate
 related certification opportunities for developing and placing a logo
on products meeting the appropriate criteria.”

 In addition, the CEA announced that it has established “an All Hazards
Alert Special Interest Group to address consumers’
 growing interest in monitoring local, state and national government
alerts, including those related to civil emergencies.”

 As part of the proposed effort, the CEA also announced that Jesse
Rotman, president of The Rooster Group and marketing
 director for Midland Radio Corp., was named chairman of the special
interest group. Dwayne Campbell, director of product
 development support services for RadioShack, was named vice-chairman of
the All Hazards Alert SIG and chairman of the R3 WG4 group developing
the standard.

http://iwce-mrt.com/ar/radio_cea_proposes_alert_2/index.htm

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Save Smiley. Help put Messenger back in the office.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/4PqtEC/anyFAA/i5gGAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/