Subject: [NEXTEL-1] GO interWAVE! interWAVE expands its CDMA licence

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 08:22:08 -0400

Qualcomm and interWAVE Communications have expanded the terms of their existing
wireless enterprise licensing agreement to include a full worldwide CDMA
infrastructure license agreement. Under the terms of the multi-million dollar,
royalty-bearing agreement, Qualcomm has granted interWAVE a license under its
CDMA patent portfolio to develop, manufacture and sell cdmaOne and CDMA2000
1X/1xEV-DO infrastructure equipment.

"We are pleased to license interWAVE for the development of CDMA products and
solutions to meet global market demand for advanced network equipment," said
Marvin Blecker, senior vice president and general manager of technology
licensing for Qualcomm. "We look forward to interWAVE's valuable contributions
in support of high-quality, high-speed voice and wireless data services."

"We believe this license agreement is of vital strategic importance for
interWAVE as we expand our abilities to provide compact cellular infrastructure
for the global CDMA marketplace," said Cal Hoagland, chief financial officer of
interWAVE. "Qualcomm is an industry established leader and we are pleased to
expand our license agreement, as it allows us to offer CDMA2000 1X products to
help continue the momentum of the rapidly growing 3G market."

http://www.cellular-news.com/story/8664.shtml

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
FREE Cell Phones with up to $400 Cash Back!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/_bBUKB/vYxFAA/i5gGAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/