Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Call for In-building Ordinanaces or Codes Re: [project25] Re: Question about direct/talk-around channels on P25 trunked

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 12:45:03 -0400

------- Original Message --------
From: Jack Daniel <[email-masked]>
Subject: Call for In-building Ordinanaces or Codes Re: [project25] Re: Question about
direct/talk-around channels on P25 trunked

Rufnredy,

I agree 100% with your approach and have been using it for over 15
years. While in-building coverage is a necessity in an urban, portable
radio based system operation, it is often overlooked or left to chance
when a new system is being built.

You may notice that even in the Nextel "re-tuning" cost analysis, over
$100 million investment nationwide in in-building, subway, airport,
parking garage, etc. coverage systems are not accounted for.

I work with agencies nationwide that are implementing ordinances and
codes that require in-building coverage, with several more currently in
process including one statewide code.

I maintain examples of many different codes as a service for those who
are interested on my web site:

http://www.rfsolutions.com/fcc.htm

If you or any others here in the group know of any codes or ordinances
that I have not posted PLEASE advise me so I can obtain and post a copy.
I give full credit to the first person who sends me a new ordinance.  If
you don't have the code yourself, just the name of the jurisdiction is
sufficient for me to get a copy.

Thanks,
Jack Daniel
===========================================

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/O10svD/Me7FAA/AG3JAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/