Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Sprint & Sony Ericsson Do Bluegoof Deal

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 02:06:06 -0400

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/O10svD/Me7FAA/AG3JAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

Search - Finance Home - Yahoo! - Help

Welcome,
foonboss
[Sign
Out]

Money Manager
-
My Yahoo! View
-
Customize

Financial
News

Enter
symbol(s) BasicDayWatchPerformanceReal-time MktDetailedChartResearchOptionsOrder
Book
Symbol Lookup

Press Release

Source:
Sprint

Sprint Signs Agreement With Sony Ericsson for Exclusive Distribution of the First CDMA Mobile Phone Featuring Integrated Bluetooth(TM) Technology
Tuesday April 29, 9:00 am ET

OVERLAND PARK, Kan., April 29 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Sprint
(NYSE: FON - News, PCS - News), which operates the largest all-digital, all-PCS nationwide
wireless network, and Sony Ericsson today announced plans to bring the PCS
Phone by Sony Ericsson T608 to market. The PCS phone Sony Ericsson T608 is
expected to be the first CDMA phone in the United States to feature integrated
Bluetooth(SM) technology. With Bluetooth technology embedded in the phone, the
T608 is able to communicate with other Bluetooth-enabled products by means of
a radio link, eliminating the need for a physical connection via cable. This
benefit is expected to be seen first for Sprint customers with Bluetooth
compatible headsets for convenient wireless use and in handsfree technology
being deployed by the automobile industry and other after-market providers.
Sprint will offer the PCS Phone by Sony Ericsson T608 in the second quarter of
2003. The PCS Phone by Sony Ericsson T608 will be Java-enabled and supports
most features of PCS Vision(SM) by Sprint.
(Logo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20001013/SPRINTLOGO )
"Sprint has a long history of wireless industry firsts and we look forward
to continuing this tradition with deploying the first CDMA built-in Bluetooth
wireless phone in the U.S.," said John Garcia, senior vice president of
marketing, sales and distribution for the PCS Division of Sprint. "In
addition to the enhancement of the Bluetooth technology, the PCS Phone T608
will also support PCS Vision and be fully capable of accessing games, ringers,
screen savers, pictures and email -- making it an ideal device for a complete
and convenient wireless connection to clear communication, information and
entertainment."
"The T608 is one of the most powerful wireless connectivity solutions
available in the CDMA marketplace today," said Urban Gillstrom, President of
Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications USA. "By offering integrated Bluetooth
technology in the T608, we demonstrate our company's commitment to deliver
imaging/messaging, entertainment and connectivity in our mobile phones."
PCS Vision from Sprint includes services that allow customers to take and
receive pictures from select PCS Phones; browse the Internet at speeds faster
than most dial-up connections; check personal and corporate e-mail; watch
clips and stream audio for news and music; download polyphonic, animated and
voice ringers, and full-color, graphically-rich games and screen savers.
About Sprint
Sprint is a global communications company serving more than 26 million
business and residential customers in over 70 countries. With approximately
72,000 employees worldwide and nearly $27 billion in annual revenues, Sprint
is widely recognized for developing, engineering and deploying
state-of-the-art network technologies, including the United States' first
nationwide all-digital, fiber-optic network and an award-winning Tier 1
Internet backbone. Sprint provides local voice and data services in 18 states
and operates the largest 100-percent digital, nationwide PCS wireless network
in the United States.
About Sony Ericsson
Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications AB offers mobile communications
products for people who appreciate the possibilities of powerful technology.
Established in 2001 by Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson and Sony Corporation,
the joint venture continues to build on the success of its two innovative
parent companies. Sony Ericsson creates value for its operator customers by
bringing new ways of using multimedia communications while mobile. The
company's management is based in London, and has 4,000 employees across the
globe working on research, development, design, sales, marketing, distribution
and support.
For further information, please visit: www.SonyEricsson.com/US.

Source:
Sprint
Email this story
-
Set
a News
Alert
ADVERTISEMENT

Special Offers

·

Save up to $500* in commissions with CyberTrader.

·

Feel and Eat Great on Atkins.
Click here for your FREE Profile!

·

Find a Credit Card NOW! eCreditCards.com (U.S. Only)

·

Planning to Sell or Buy a Home this Spring?

·

$7.77 Web Hosting + 2 Months FREE!

·

LendingTree - Let Banks Compete for You!

·

Pay for a new or used car with a Home Equity line of credit

·

RX, Diet, Sleep, Viagra and More

·

Stop Snoring Now - Sleep Better Tonight

·

Best CEO? Best Practices? Search eLibrary.

Related
Quotes

FON
PCS

11.49
3.65

+0.23
-0.15

News
News

View Detailed Quotes
Delayed 20 mins
Quote data provided by
Reuters

Related News Stories

·

AFL-CIO Urges Sprint Holders to Vote Out Ernst & Young - Dow Jones Business News (Tue Apr 29)

·

[external] Watching Wi-Fi - at Forbes.com (Tue Apr 29)

·

AFL-CIO Says Steps Up Sprint 'Vote-No' Campaign - Dow Jones Business News (Tue Apr 29)

·

AFL-CIO Steps Up Sprint 'Vote-No' Campaign Following ISS Recommendation To Shareholders to Vote Against Ratification of Ernst & Young as Auditors - PR Newswire (Tue Apr 29)

More...

·

By
industry:
Computers, ISDEX, Networking, Telecom

Top Stories

·

Tokyo Stocks Recovering from Sony Shock - Reuters (1:10 am)

·

Stocks Close Higher on Data, Earnings - Reuters (Tue Apr 29)

·

ImClone CEO, Chairman Resign Over Probe - Reuters (Tue Apr 29)

·

American Airlines Implements Cost Savings - Reuters (Tue Apr 29)

More...

·

Most-emailed
articles

·

Most-viewed
articles

Finance Spotlight

·

Research
Reports
Expert insight at great prices

·

Credit Reports
Find out your credit score instantly

Copyright © 2003 Yahoo! Inc. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy - Terms of Service - Copyright Policy - Ad Feedback
Copyright
©
2003 PR
Newswire.
All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution
of
PRNewswire content is expressly prohibited without
the prior written
consent of PRNewswire. PRNewswire shall not be liable
for any errors or
delays in the content, or for any actions taken in
reliance thereon.