Subject: [NEXTEL-1] OOBE specs for SMR and A band cellular?

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 16:12:10 -0400

-------- Original Message --------
From: "ikeman66" <[email-masked]>
Subject: OOBE specs for SMR and A band cellular?

Anyone have any idea where to look for the OOBE specs. for SMR or A 
band cellular.
I have a tower site that kills our mobiles within a 1/4mi. radius of 
the tower.  Its near a major interchange and is causing some serious 
problems for us.  We see a change in the noise floor between 12dBm 
and 18dBm.  This seems high to me, however I can't determine if this 
site is operating within the guidelines if I don't know them.
I would be curious to hear how others are dealing with similar 
issues. 

Thanks 

Al

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Make Money Online Auctions! Make $500.00 or We Will Give You Thirty Dollars for Trying!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/yMx78A/fNtFAA/AG3JAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 16:16:18 -0400

-------- Original Message --------
   From: "Sean O'Hara" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re:  OOBE specs for SMR and A band cellular?

Hope this helps, Sean   §22.917  Emission limitations for cellular equipment. - The rules
in this section govern the spectral characteristics of emissions in the Cellular
Radiotelephone Service.  (a)  Out of band emissions.  The power of any emission outside of
the authorized operating frequency ranges must be attenuated below the transmitting power
(P) by a factor of at least 43 + 10 log(P) dB.  (b)  Measurement procedure.  Compliance
with these rules is based on the use of measurement instrumentation employing a resolution
bandwidth of 100 kHz or greater.  In the 1 MHz bands immediately outside and adjacent to
the frequency block a resolution bandwidth of at least one percent of the emission
bandwidth of the fundamental emission of the transmitter may be employed.  A narrower
resolution bandwidth is permitted in all cases to improve measurement accuracy provided
the measured power is integrated over the full required measurement bandwidth (i.e. 100
kHz or 1 percent of emission bandwidth, as specified).  The emission bandwidth is defined
as the width of the signal between two points, one below the carrier center frequency and
one above the carrier center frequency, outside of which all emissions are attenuated at
least 26 dB below the transmitter power.  (c)  Alternative out of band emission limit.
Licensees in this service may establish an alternative out of band emission limit to be
used at specified band edge(s) in specified geographical areas, in lieu of that set forth
in this section, pursuant to a private contractual arrangement of all affected licensees
and applicants.  In this event, each party to such contract shall maintain a copy of the
contract in their station files and disclose it to prospective assignees or transferees
and, upon request, to the FCC.  (d)  Interference caused by out of band emissions.  If any
emission from a transmitter operating in this service results in interference to users of
another radio service, the FCC may require a greater attenuation of that emission than
specified in this section.
......  §90.210  Emission masks. - Except as indicated elsewhere in this part,
transmitters used in the radio services governed by this part must comply with the
emission masks outlined in this section.   Unless otherwise stated, per paragraphs (d)(4),
(e)(4), and (m) of this section, measurements of emission power can be expressed in either
peak or average values provided that emission powers are expressed with the same
parameters used to specify the unmodulated transmitter carrier power.  For transmitters
that do not produce a full power unmodulated carrier, reference to the unmodulated
transmitter carrier power refers to the total power contained in the channel bandwidth.
Unless indicated elsewhere, the Table below specifies the emission masks for equipment
operating in the frequency bands governed under this part. Applicable Emission
Masks...806-821/851-866 B G
821-824/866-869 B H
......(b)  Emission Mask B.  For transmitters that are equipped with an audio low-pass
filter, the power of any emission must be attenuated below the unmodulated carrier power
(P) as follows:

       (1)  On any frequency removed from the assigned frequency by more than 50
     percent, but not more than 100 percent of the authorized bandwidth:  At least 25
     dB.   (2)  On any frequency removed from the assigned frequency by more than 100
     percent, but not more than 250 percent of the authorized bandwidth:  At least 35
     dB.   (3)  On any frequency removed from the assigned frequency by more than 250
     percent of the authorized bandwidth:  At least 43 + 10 log (P) dB.

...... (g)  Emission Mask G.  For transmitters that are not equipped with an audio
low-pass filter, the power of any emission must be attenuated below the unmodulated
carrier power (P) as follows:

       (1)  On any frequency removed from the center of the authorized bandwidth by a
     displacement frequency (fd in kHz) of more than 5 kHz, but no more than 10 kHz:
     At least 83 log (fd/5) dB;   (2)  On any frequency removed from the center of
     the authorized bandwidth by a displacement frequency (fd in kHz) of more than 10
     kHz, but no more than 250 percent of the authorized bandwidth:  At least 116 log
     (fd/6.1) dB, or 50 + 10 log (P) dB, or 70 dB, whichever is the lesser
     attenuation;   (3)  On any frequency removed from the center of the authorized
     bandwidth by more than 250 percent of the authorized bandwidth: At least 43 + 10
     log (P) dB.

  (h)  Emission Mask H.  For transmitters that are not equipped with an audio low-pass
filter, the power of any emission must be attenuated below the unmodulated carrier power
(P) as follows:

       (1)  On any frequency removed from the center of the authorized bandwidth by a
     displacement frequency (fd in kHz) of 4 kHz or less:  Zero dB.   (2)  On any
     frequency removed from the center of the authorized bandwidth by a displacement
     frequency (fd in kHz) of more than 4 kHz, but no more than 8.5 kHz:  At least
     107 log (fd/4) dB;   (3)  On any frequency removed from the center of the
     authorized bandwidth by a displacement frequency (fd in kHz) of more than 8.5
     kHz, but no more than 15 kHz:  At least 40.5 log (fd/1.16) dB;   (4)  On any
     frequency removed from the center of the authorized bandwidth by a displacement
     frequency (fd in kHz) of more than 15 kHz, but no more than 25 kHz:  At least
     116 log (fd/6.1) dB;   (5)  On any frequency removed from the center of the
     authorized bandwidth by more than 25 kHz: At least 43 + log (P) dB.

...... Policies Governing the Licensing and use of EA-based SMR Systems in the
806-821/851-866 Band §90.691  Emission mask requirements for EA-based systems.
 (a)  Out-of-band emission requirement shall apply only to the "outer" channels included
in an EA license and to spectrum adjacent to interior channels used by incumbent
licensees.  The emission limits are as follows:

     (1) For any frequency removed from the EA licensee's frequency block by up to
     and including 37.5 kHz, the power of any emission shall be attenuated below the
     transmitter power (P) in watts by at least 116 Log10(f/6.1) decibels or 50 + 10
     Log10(P) decibels or 80 decibels, whichever is the lesser attenuation, where f
     is the frequency removed from the center of the outer channel in the block in
     kilohertz and where f is greater than 12.5 kHz.
     (2)  For any frequency removed from the EA licensee's frequency block greater
     than 37.5 kHz, the power of any emission shall be attenuated below the
     transmitter power (P) in watts by at least 43 + 10Log10(P) decibels or 80
     decibels, whichever is the lesser attenuation, where f is the frequency removed
     from the center of the outer channel in the block in kilohertz and where f is
     greater than 37.5 kHz.

 (b)  When an emission outside of the authorized bandwidth causes harmful interference,
the Commission may, at its discretion, require greater attenuation than specified in this
section.

     ----- Original Message -----
     From: ikeman66
     Sent: Tuesday, April 22, 2003 2:49 PM
     Subject: OOBE specs for SMR and A band cellular?
      Anyone have any idea where to look for the OOBE specs. for SMR or A
     band cellular.
     I have a tower site that kills our mobiles within a 1/4mi. radius of
     the tower.  Its near a major interchange and is causing some serious
     problems for us.  We see a change in the noise floor between 12dBm
     and 18dBm.  This seems high to me, however I can't determine if this
     site is operating within the guidelines if I don't know them.
     I would be curious to hear how others are dealing with similar
     issues.

     Thanks

     Al