Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Wade Vesey Director of Market Development for Nextel Jumps Ship and Goes To Sonim Technologies

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 19:05:21 -0400

April 14, 2003 07:02 AM US Eastern Timezone

Nextel Marketing Pioneer Joins Sonim Technologies' Management Team; Wade Vesey
Brings Unique Insights to Sonim, the Leading Provider of a Standards-Based
Push-To-Talk Solution

SAN MATEO, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--April 14, 2003--Sonim Technologies, Inc.
(www.sonimtech.com), the leader in enabling today's wireless data networks to
deliver high-margin voice services including Push-To-Talk, announced today that
Wade Vesey has joined its management team as chief marketing officer. Vesey was
formerly an executive at Nextel Communications, the industry's pioneer of
Push-To-Talk (PTT) services.

"We are excited to have Wade join Sonim's management team. Wade's strategic
insight and carrier marketing expertise will help position Sonim's solution for
maximum market penetration," said John Burns, CEO and president of Sonim
Technologies. "As wireless carriers prepare to launch PTT service in 2003 and
2004, they are aligning with solution providers that bring superior
functionality as well as added value through domain expertise. We believe that
Sonim along with its infrastructure and device partners is best positioned to
enable carriers to bring differentiated services to market."

Vesey was director of market development for Nextel Communications when the
Direct Connect services were initially introduced, and managed target marketing
and distribution solutions for the company's nationwide rollout. He was among
the core team who created and launched Nextel's Direct Connect services, with
specific responsibility in strategic positioning and sales implementation to
ensure the services' success in a broad wireless context.

"With its significant financial impact on customer acquisition, retention and
revenue creation, Nextel's Direct Connect is one of the truly differentiated
voice services in recent years," said Vesey. "With Sonim's standards-based
Instant Communications Solution endorsed by industry leaders, operators
worldwide are now able to launch interoperable and enhanced Push-To-Talk
services to a mass user market. By working on multiple device types and across
all networks, Sonim solves the fundamental proprietary issues we faced at
Nextel. I'm excited to be part of this winning team."

In his role as chief marketing officer, Vesey will drive Sonim's product and
marketing strategies to ensure the company's long-term success. Prior to Sonim,
he was EVP of business development and marketing at Ceon Corporation, a leading
provider of order management and provisioning software. Previously, Vesey
co-founded Aeris.net and managed all sales, marketing and business development
functions. Today, Aeris.Net is the largest terrestrial telemetry network in
North and South America. Before his distinguished achievements at Nextel, Vesey
was consultant for San Francisco Consulting Group (now KPMG) working on a range
of telecommunications-related projects. Vesey holds a B.A. in economics from
Claremont McKennna College and an M.B.A. from Harvard University.

About Sonim Technologies, Inc.

Sonim Technologies enables today's wireless data networks to deliver high-margin
voice services. This standards-based solution provides real-time communication
services such as Push-To-Talk that combine the flexibility of mobile messaging
with the ease-of-use of voice. The end-to-end, IP-based solution creates
significant new revenue streams and delivers superior 'return on bandwidth' for
mobile operators. Sonim is headquartered in San Mateo, Calif., with sales and
engineering offices in Italy, the United Kingdom and India. For more
information, visit the company's web site at www.sonimtech.com.

Note to Editors: Other product or service names mentioned herein are the
trademarks of their respective owners.

http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/home/index.jsp?epi-content=GENERIC&newsId=20030414005352&newsLang=en&beanID=2133606841&viewID=news_view

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get a FREE REFINANCE QUOTE - click here!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/2CXtTB/ca0FAA/i5gGAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/