Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel's AD Man Arrested AGAIN for the 3rd Time in Three Months.

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2003 03:08:00 -0500

Timmy,

You picked a winner with Fabolous..............

Arrested 3 times in in three months!  I'm sure you Public Safety Buddies Love It!

 http://www.boostmobile.com/commercials/videowm.html?speed=hi&mo=fan

 http://www.boostmobile.com

I'm sure this will "Boost" sales................................
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fabolous' Un-Fab Gun Rap
Tue Mar 25, 4:35 PM ET

By Marcus Errico

Fabolous' street dreams took another nightmarish turn this week, as the
rapper once again found himself on the business end of a jail cell.

The rapper, whose Street Dreams debuted at
number three on the album charts two weeks
ago, was arrested and arraigned on a gun charge
Monday.

His Fab-ness (otherwise known on the police
report by his real name, John Jackson) was
supposed to headline a show at New York's
Webster Hall on Sunday night when the trouble
started. A bouncer working the frisking detail at
the club entrance barred Fabolous and his
entourage from entering after finding the rapper's
bodyguard, Roger Renrick, was packing.

The group returned to their van and Renrick
ditched the pistol. The club security guard,
meanwhile, called police, who then arrested the
group as they headed back to Webster Hall.

Police say they retrieved an unlicensed 9mm
pistol from the vehicle. Each of the Fab five in the
van was charged with second-degree criminal weapons possession.

Fabolous was sprung after posting $2,500 bail following his Monday-night
arraignment.

"I hope the case is being dismissed; it's giving me a bad name. I'm
innocent," Fabolous tells the New York Post.

His lawyer, Alberto Ebanks, says the hip-hopster will be cleared, since the
handgun belonged to Renrick, a bodyguard hired by the rapper's record
company to protect him as he performed. Renrick has a gun license in
Massachusetts, but is not permitted to wield a weapon in New York, police
say.

Renrick told police that the gun was his, which should have cleared
Fabolous of criminal responsibility, Ebanks said. "I don't know why they saw
fit to arrest every occupant of the vehicle," he told New York's Newsday.

"When you arrest the bodyguard, that doesn't make the papers," the lawyer
said.

The 25-year-old hip-hopster made headlines in January when he was
arrested twice in two days. First, he spent a night in jail for piloting his
Range Rover with an expired license. The following night he was rung up on
two counts of criminal gun possession after police pulled over the Suburban
he and his pals were cruising in and found a pair of unlicensed pistols.

A Brooklyn native, Fabolous guest-rapped his way to fame on Lil' Mo's
"Superwoman Pt. II." His platinum-selling Ghetto Fabolous debuted at
number four back in 2001 and spawned the hit tracks "Can't Deny It," "Right
Now & Later On" and "Young'n (Holla Back)." Last year, he popped up on
Tweet's Southern Hummingbird, rhyming with Missy Elliott on the cut "Oops
(Oh My)."

Fabolous insists he hasn't been gunning for trouble--and he's worried the
string of arrests will hurt him in the pocketbook.

"Some people may say [guns] give you street credibility, but it doesn't work
for me. It hurts a lot of things, like endorsements," he tells the Post. Last
week, Reebok announced that Fabolous and fellow rap star Eve had shot a
30-second TV spot hawking the sneaker maker's Classic Cielo line.

---

From: "Bulldog" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 05 Apr 2003 00:11:17 -0000

Boost is the lifestyle brand.  Pimps, ho's, drugs, money, cars, 
rhymes, rap, really nice cars with rims, general criminal behavior 
and Direct Connect.  

And let's poke irreverent fun at old people, too.  While mildly 
amusing, the new Boost ads are trite.  They underestimate the 
intelligence of the audience.

They should do a commercial where they show Nextel helping some 
people pull a job, whack someone or traffic narcotics.  Show the 
product in action; that's what's compelling.  

The message should be the quality of life the product affords, not 
nonsense and tomfoolery. [email-masked]

> I'm sure this will "Boost" sales................................

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Make Money Online Auctions! Make $500.00 or We Will Give You Thirty Dollars for Trying!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/yMx78A/fNtFAA/i5gGAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: Evan Platt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2003 16:58:13 -0800

I like how she 'two-ways that chickenhead' while the phone is still 
displaying the Boost Mobile Logo (i.e. not yet connected)....