Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Wireless Design Online Newsletter

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 13:47:05 -0400

================================================================
Wireless Design Online Newsletter - http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com
Thursday, April 10, 2003
================================================================
 
------------------------------------- 
FEATURED ARTICLES
-------------------------------------  
 
1) Wavecom Wins Deal to Power Handsets to be featured in TCL Marketing Campaign 
2) Mobilian, Smart Co-Develop Wi-Fi and Bluetooth on Single-Chip
3) Andrew Corporation and Lucent Technologies Sign New RF Power Amplifier Supply
Agreement
 
---------------------------------------
 
1) Wavecom Wins Deal to Power Handsets to be featured in TCL Marketing Campaign 
 
Wavecom SA announced that it will supply TCL Mobile Communication with the core
wireless technology for TCL's S320 and S500 mobile telephones, which will be the
focus of an important marketing campaign. The deal confirms Wavecom's position
as one of TCL's preferred suppliers of wireless technology...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/22194/793725
 
2) Mobilian, Smart Co-Develop Wi-Fi and Bluetooth on Single-Chip
 
Two companies joined forces today to design modules and mini-PC cards featuring
integrated Wi-Fi and Bluetooth support for the embedded market. Mobilian Corp.
provides its patented Sim-Op technologies to allow the virtually interference
free coexistence of 802.11b and Bluetooth...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/22195/793725
 
3) Andrew Corporation and Lucent Technologies Sign New RF Power Amplifier Supply
Agreement
 
Andrew Corporation, whose businesses include the world's leading independent
supplier of Radio Frequency (RF) power amplifiers, announced that it has signed
a new RF power amplifier supply agreement with Lucent Technologies...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/22195/793725

---------------------------------
FEATURED DOWNLOAD
---------------------------------
 
Visit the Wireless Design Online download library to read "Linearity
Requirements for MMICs for 16 through 128QAM ETSI Compliant Radios" by Dr. Jim
Harvey of Mimix Broadband. This paper highlights some of the regulatory and
operational issues which influence linearity requirements and frequency planning
aspects of high frequency microwave radios used for point to point or point to
multipoint systems...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/22203/793725

------------------------------------- 
FEATURED PRODUCTS
-------------------------------------
  
1) FBKA-29.75G-1 KA-band Filter
2) Turbo Package Analyzer
3) Visual System Simulator(TM) 2002
4) Ku-Band/DBS Synthesized Upconverter
5) EMI Grounding Washers
6) Infrared Emitting Diodes
 
---------------------------------------
 
1) FBKA-29.75G-1 KA-band Filter
 
Merrimac's FBKA Series millimeter-wave filters provide superior performance over
conventional filter topologies, with center frequencies as high as 40 GHz. They
are extremely small, lightweight, and rugged, and can be qualified for
spaceflight applications. Downloadable pdf datasheet available...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/22196/793725
 
2) Turbo Package Analyzer
 
The Turbo Package Analyzer is an advanced fully automated parasitic extraction
program for advanced IC packaging and a member of the family of Signal Integrity
analysis software tools. The product offers the optimal mix of automation,
design flexibility, and ease of use for complex Ball Grid Arrays (BGAs)...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/22197/793725
 
3) Visual System Simulator(TM) 2002
 
Applied Wave Research's Visual System Simulator 2002 (VSS2002)
electronic-design-automation (EDA) tool allows engineers to predict and analyze
RF chain impairments in the presence of complex modulated signals... 
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/22198/793725
 
4) Ku-Band/DBS Synthesized Upconverter
 
The MITEQ U-94-127181 Upconverter provides three uplink frequency bands with
continuous tuning in 125 kHz minimum frequency step size: 12.75-13.25 GHz,
13.75-14.5 GHz, and 17.3-18.1 GHz. Downloadable pdf datasheet available...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/22199/793725
 
5) EMI Grounding Washers
 
EMI/RFI grounding washers are manufactured from knitted wire mesh stocking that
is formed into a resilient metal washer by compressing in a close-tolerance
forming die. The grounding washer can be supplied in various diameters and
thicknesses to satisfy the many requirements...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/22200/793725
 
6) Infrared Emitting Diodes 
 
Excel Technology provides an extensive selection of LED using the latest
technology that includes LED Message Displays, Digital LED Displays, LED Bar
graphs, and pilot lights indicating lights for machines or instruments...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/22201/793725

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get a FREE REFINANCE QUOTE - click here!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/2CXtTB/ca0FAA/i5gGAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/