Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel, Motorola Partnership Treading Through Troubled Waters

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 13:48:24 -0400

Nextel, Motorola Partnership Treading Through Troubled Waters
Tense times trouble the Motorola-Nextel partnership. The Wall Street Journal
reports that the companies are feeling the strain of a more than decade-long
relationship. Nextel buys all of its devices from Motorola or its licensees, and
Motorola is a large initial investor in the carrier. However, Motorola recently
began manufacturing walkie-talkie like devices for competitor Verizon Wireless,
potentially harming Nextel's dominance in the push-to-talk arena. The
manufacturer sold in March a large part of its stake in Nextel and also sent a
letter to the Federal Communications Commission proposing an alternative
solution to the reallocation of spectrum proposal Nextel submitted. Nextel
denied any real trouble between the companies, saying disagreements are
normal for partners. www.wow-com.com

-- 
  		"NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
		Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

		"NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

		"WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
 	   The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/CNxFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/