Subject: [NEXTEL-1] 3G News from www.3G.co.uk

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 May 2003 02:17:57 -0400

Thursday 8th May, 2003
Today’s 3G News

1) Hutchison 3G Launches in Austria
2) 3G Launches to Peak in 2004
3) Best In EGPRS Test Cases
4) 3G Picture Messaging Community Application 
5) Electric Pocket Launches MMS for Palm OS
6) Next i-mode Wireless Gateway
7) U-TDOA Formally Standardized by 3GPP

__________________________________________________________________________________
The Wireless LAN Event - May 22-23, Olympia, London

Europe's biggest public wireless LAN conference and exhibition, with over 40 speakers from
the industry's biggest players: BT, O2, Telenor, Megabeam, Virgin Group and six major
hotspot venue owners. With 40+ exhibitors including Intel, Fujitsu Siemens and HP, and
live demos of 802.11g, wireless gaming, and "The Wireless Home".

No sales pitches! Independently-moderated panels get to the heart of the big issues:
business models and pricing, revenue sharing, hotspot acquisition and deployment, roaming,
settlements, payments and billing, and technology evolution. Over 100 WISPs and venue
owners have signed up already, join them today.

Find out more at http://www.wlanevent.com/conference
______________________________________________________________________________
Today’s 3G News Follows : 
__________________________________________________________________________________

1) Hutchison 3G Launches in Austria

The doors of Hutchison 3G 3Stores opened in Austria this week marking the beginning of 3's
mobile multi-media services in Austria.

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/May2003/5341.htm
________________________________________________________________________________

2) 3G Launches to Peak in 2004

Three years ago, the euphoria surrounding 3G resulted in operators spending billions of
dollars in licensing fees, solely based on exponential calculations of growth in
subscribers and average revenues per user (ARPUs). 

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/May2003/5340.htm
________________________________________________________________________________

3) Best In EGPRS Test Cases

Racal Instruments has now delivered 145 test cases to a major mobile manufacturer and now
has 98% of the entire EGPRS 3GPP test case list delivered, debugged and verified against
the most advanced EGPRS mobile phones in development.

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/May2003/5339.htm
________________________________________________________________________________

4) 3G Picture Messaging Community Application 

Sapio AB, the leading developer of mobile applications for use on 2.5 and 3G has launched
Photostore™. Photorstore™ is an advanced Mobile Picture Messaging Community application
for Symbian and Smartphone devices.

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/May2003/5338.htm
________________________________________________________________________________

5) Electric Pocket Launches MMS for Palm OS

Electric Pocket Limited announced the global launch of Pixer MMS for Palm OS(R), a
standards compliant multi-media messaging service (MMS) solution for Palm Powered(TM)
handhelds.

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/May2003/5336.htm
________________________________________________________________________________

6) Next i-mode Wireless Gateway

NTT DATA Corporation and NEC Corporation announced the completion of NTT DoCoMo
Corporation (NTT DoCoMo) next i-mode gateway system named "CiRCUS".

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/May2003/5334.htm
________________________________________________________________________________

7) U-TDOA Formally Standardized by 3GPP

TruePosition announced that U-TDOA has been formally standardized by the 3GPP (Third
Generation Partnership Project). 3GPP, the official governing body for development and
standardization of GSM and UMTS networks

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/May2003/5332.htm
________________________________________________________________________________

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Rent DVDs from home.
Over 14,500 titles. Free Shipping
& No Late Fees. Try Netflix for FREE!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/BVVfoB/hP.FAA/uetFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/