Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel Cuts to Arnold, TBWA\Chiat\Day-"Tell timmy I don't do Commercials"

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 May 2003 16:45:07 -0400

Nextel Cuts to Arnold, TBWA\Chiat\Day
 April 30, 2003
 By Alicia Griswold and David Gianatasio

"Tell timmy I don't do Commercials"

 BOSTON Arnold and TBWA\Chiat\Day have
 advanced in the review for the creative portion of
 Nextel's $150-million account, a client
 representative said.

 Cut today were seven-year incumbent Mullen, Wenham, Mass., an Interpublic Group
 agency, and Publicis Groupe's Leo Burnett, Chicago, the client representative said.

 The cut had not been anticipated, as the four shops last week made presentations at
 Nextel's Reston, Va., headquarters, and a winner was expected to be named this
 week.

 The Nextel representative did not explain the reason for the cut, nor would she say if
 the two shops will be asked back for further presentations. Arnold, Boston, is owned
 by Havas; TBWA\C\D, New York, is a unit of Omnicom.

 Mullen ceo Joe Grimaldi declined to comment on Nextel's decision. The wireless
 communications company constitutes approximately one-quarter of the agency's
 billings, and ranks as its largest account.

 In a concurrent review for Nextel media chores, the finalists are Publicis' Starcom,
 Omnicom's PHD, Havas' Media Planning Group and incumbent Initiative Media, an
 IPG shop.

 Roth Associates, New York, is overseeing the review process. -- with Aaron Baar

http://www.adweek.com/aw/national/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1878128