Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Eb/No (dB) Confidence, BER estimate-

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 11:54:12 -0400

Geezee...........

Here is another issue that I have been pounding the table on for some time.
Using Eb/No, Confidence, BER estimate, etc. as an additional measurement for
signal evaluation of  wireless systems. The "Analog Dinosaurs" have resisted
this for some time but  are slowly coming around. Many still think we live in
a strictly "RSSI" world and they say RSSI is the absolute measurement
regardless.

I'm glad to see IFR recognizes the value of additional criteria for evaluating
performance of wireless networks. Rumour has it one of the IEEE committees has
some new documents that incorporate BER measurement when evaluating
interference for appendix "F" of the "Scam Plan" this should be interesting.

==============================================================================

Evaluating BER in wireless systems: confidence in
waterfall curves

To effectively test the performance of wireless systems, you need to
understand their underlying error probability and the trade-offs
between confidence, accuracy, and test time.

http://a330.g.akamai.net/7/330/2540/2bf0603ff01aaf/www.e-insite.net/ednmag/contents/images/294532.pdf

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/CNxFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/