Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Northrop Grumman's Velocium Power Amplifier for Commercial and Military Systems -15 and 27 GHz

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 13:36:03 -0400

Northrop Grumman's Velocium Power Amplifier for Commercial and Military
Systems Operates In Frequency Bands Between 15 and 27 GHz

Tuesday May 27, 6:05 am ET

REDONDO BEACH, Calif., May 27, 2003 (PRIMEZONE) -- Northrop Grumman
Corporation (NYSE:NOC - News) announced the availability of a new, high-power
monolithic amplifier designed for commercial radios and military systems
operating across a range of popular frequency bands. The Velocium APH462
gallium arsenide (GaAs) amplifier is a broadband, two-stage balanced power
device designed to ensure reliable operation for point-to-point digital radios
operating in the 18, 23 or 26 GHz frequency bands, as well as military
wideband systems operating in the 15-27 GHz band.

``Our communications customers typically build products aimed at several
different frequency bands and are faced with stocking different amplifiers to
meet their performance goals. We now offer a single device that covers three
common frequency bands - 18, 23 and 26 GHz - without compromising performance,
simplifying the inventory management challenge,'' said Frank Kropschot, chief
operating officer of Velocium Products. ``By developing multi-band solutions
such as these, we are providing our customers with the flexibility to cover
multiple frequencies with one component. In addition, our customers are
getting a premium product without paying a premium price.''

Suitable for use as the final output stage in the transmit chain of
transceiver modules in commercial applications using complex modulation
formats requiring linear power, the high electron mobility transistor APH462
features a typical linear gain of 17 dB and IP3 of 37 dBm over the operating
frequency band. Saturated RF output power is more than 30 dBm, with more than
15 dB good input/output return loss.

Produced in Northrop Grumman's gallium arsenide foundry, the APH462 is
available now for $60 per quantities of 1,000. For more information, contact
Manny Quijije, APH462 product manager, at (310) 813-9766, or via email at
[email-masked].

Velocium Products is a business unit of the company's Space Technology sector,
a leader in the development of space, defense and electronics systems.
Velocium high-performance GaAs and indium phosphide products and foundry
services are available for established and emerging commercial markets,
including cellular and broadband wireless systems, and cutting-edge aerospace
& defense and scientific applications. News releases regarding Velocium
products are available on the Web at
http://www.st.northropgrumman.com/velocium/.

Members of the news media may receive our releases via e-mail by registering
at: http://www.northropgrumman.com/cgi-bin/regist_form.cgi

LEARN MORE ABOUT US: Northrop Grumman news releases, product information,
photos and video clips are available on the Internet at:
http://www.northropgrumman.com. Information specific to the Space Technology
sector is available at: http://www.st.northropgrumman.com/home/main.html

Contact:
Jack Prichett
Northrop Grumman Space Technology
(310) 812-5227

Chris Kresch
Young Company
(310) 410-3000
http://biz.yahoo.com/pz/030527/40752.html

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/CNxFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/