Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Latest 800 Interference Report MI

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 May 2003 11:50:23 -0400

-------- Original Message --------
From: "Ron Haraseth" <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: Latest 800 Interference Report MI

Note:  an updated complete text file of all reports to date are located
at: http://www.apco911.org/frequency/project_39/downloads/combined.txt
The update including this entry may follow this original report by a day
or two.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

May 6, 2003
Location City:....................... Portland
       County:....................... San Patricio
        State:....................... Texas
Agency Name:......................... Portland Police Department
Type of service:..................... police, fire, EMS, public works
Service coverage area:............... city/10 square miles
Population estimate:................. 17,000
Is interference Annoying:............ Yes
Is interference Harmful:............  Yes
Type of PS System:................... trunked/EDACS  800 system
Band:................................     
Identified interference:............. unknown
Interference been reported to:....... APCO  
Has interference been resolved:...... No
If, how:

Descriptive Narrative
When units key up we get there unit ID so we know they are transmitting.
We either get no audio from both the car radios and portable radios or
the audio is so low we still cannot make out what they are saying.  Most
if not all the car radios have been to the radio shop and they are
telling us that they are checking good.

Technical Contact Name:.............. Monte McCollum
Technical Contact Title:............. Communication Supervisor
Agency:.............................. Portland Police Department
Email:............................... [email-masked]

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Make Money Online Auctions! Make $500.00 or We Will Give You Thirty Dollars for Trying!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/KXUxcA/fNtFAA/uetFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/