Subject: [NEXTEL-1] MBTA-Signs a $25,717,247.77 Contract With M/A-Com, for a Systemwide Radio & CAD/AVL System.

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 May 2003 18:08:17 -0400

MBTA-Signs a $25,717,247.77 Contract With M/A-Com, for a Systemwide Radio & CAD/AVL
System.

Public Meetings

Meeting Date 5/2/2003
Meeting Time 1:00 PM
Subject of Meeting Board of Directors Meeting
Location Ten Park Plaza, Offices of the Board, Third Floor, Room 3830, Boston, MA
MBTA Attendees MBTA Board of Directors

** PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD FOR ITEMS APPEARING ON THIS AGENDA.

1. Approval of the Minutes of the Meeting of April 10, 2003.

2. General Manager's Report.

3. Authorization for the execution of a Contract with M/A-Com, Inc., of Lowell,
Massachusetts, for the furnishing, design, manufacture, delivery, activation and oversight
for the Systemwide Radio & CAD/AVL System for a total delivered net cost of
$25,717,247.77.

4. Authorization for the execution of a Contract with Weld Built Body Company, Inc., of
Wyandanch, New York, to furnish and deliver two Compact Wreckers at a total net cost of
$549,560.

OTHER BUSINESS:

Authorization for the Recording Secretary to Certify the preceding Votes immediately
following the Meeting.

Note: This agenda has been prepared in advance and does not necessarily include all
matters which may be taken up at this Meeting.

http://www.mbta.com/contact_us/publicmeetings_details.asp?id=250

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading!
Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/cjB9SD/od7FAA/uetFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: "Bill Smith" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 19:39:37 -0400

They were installing a Motorola system. In fact, the first step is a Quantar
connected to an AVL system that has been running for nearly a year. The
combiner is in place at one site, that we have equipment collocated at, and
a bunch of Quantar's are sitting there in the boxes marked for the MBTA.
Sounds like a mini version of the Florida state system to me. What kind of
back room deal is Macom involved in?

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Make Money Online Auctions! Make $500.00 or We Will Give You Thirty Dollars for Trying!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/KXUxcA/fNtFAA/uetFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

---

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 May 2003 19:48:20 -0400

That is strange. Could Macom be the Prime and Moto a Sub?

---

From: "Bill Smith" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 20:32:44 -0400

This Massachusetts.  We have raised political corruption to new levels so
anything is possible :-) 

Why would Macom use Motorola with GE being owned by them? Perhaps Opensky
and whatever derivative this system is, isn't working the way it is supposed
to. Have any of the Opensky systems become operational yet?

Subject: Re: [NEXTEL-1] MBTA-Signs a $25,717,247.77 Contract With M/A-Com,
for a Systemwide Radio & CAD/AVL System.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/O10svD/Me7FAA/uetFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->