Subject: [NEXTEL-1] yet another inerferer found

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 20:21:18 -0400

-------- Original Message --------
From: "eric995us" <[email-masked]>
Subject:  yet another inerferer found

This is my week for finding interference.  

I found a base station radio doing LTR format trunking that was 
throwing spurs out in the the cell band at 875 MHz and in the 812 MHz 
area.  The 875 spur was about -80dBm as received on a "5dB gain" 
mobile cellular whip when I was 10 miles from the site.  The 812MHz 
signal was in the -95dBm to -100dBm range.

The transmitter in question just happened to be a home channel radio, 
so it was easy to hunt down.   

The site where the radio is located is pretty much helicopter access 
only (Sierra Estrella, near Phoenix).  So the tech at the company 
that owns the radio will be getting a helicopter ride.  

I have walked up to the site just to see if I could do it and it was 
a bit of a walk.  I certainly wouldn't want to walk there with a 
service monitor and a tool/parts box.  

For what it is worth, Saturday I'm walking 46 miles with a 10,000 
foot elevation gain.  To borrow a phrase, "Now that's a walk".

Eric

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading!
Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/aM1XQD/od7FAA/uetFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/