Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Help to evaluate a security model for community wireless hotspots

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 May 2003 13:21:28 -0400

------- Original Message --------
From: Bon sy <[email-masked]>
Subject: Help to evaluate a security model for community wireless hotspots

Hello all,

        We have initiated the Go-Wireless project June of 2002. As the 
project evolves, the database component and the Radiator radius component 
are now tightly integrated. The Go-Wireless project now has the features 
for providing wireless security ranging from radius-based MAC filtering 
to EAP-PEAP/EAP-TLS. Many thanks to Mike McCauley and his colleague Hugh 
Irvine who offered countless number of helps on the (Radiator) radius 
configuration and testing.

        We have just completed the in-house testing and hope that we can 
get voluntneers from this community to help us conducting further tests. 
If successful, we may be able to offer wireless communities such as 
NYCwireless a model for providing wireless security service to its members
for free, or for a donation to fund community-based wireless projects, if 
technical assistance is required for the setup.

        If you are interested in the further details and the brief history 
of the Go-Wireless project, please visit 

        http://www.qcwireless.net/tester.htm

For illustration of the Go-Wireless project, please visit the Microsoft
Word document at (may take few mins to download because of the screen 
shots embedded as image objects):

        http://bonnet2.geol.qc.edu/wireless/gowireless_manual_1.doc

For tips on configuring wireless clients and using the
authentication/accounting via the Go-Wireless project, please visit:

        http://bonnet2.geol.qc.edu/wireless/wirelessEap-2.htm

For overall design concept of the Go-Wireless project, please visit

        http://bonnet2.geol.qc.edu/wireless/blueprint.htm

Finally, the resource center of the Go-Wireless project is located at:

        http://bonnet2.geol.qc.edu/wireless/

        Thank you for your attention and hope to hear from you!

Bon Sy

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Rent DVDs Online - Over 14,500 titles.
No Late Fees & Free Shipping.
Try Netflix for FREE!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/YoVfrB/XP.FAA/uetFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/