Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Supreme Court Directs Court to Hear Nextel-Exec V. Nextel

From: "marcel_rf1" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 May 2003 20:56:26 -0000

Monday, May 26, 2003

SC to direct court to hear
case vs ex-Nextel exec

The Supreme Court is set to direct the Regional Trial Court of Pasig 
City to proceed with the hearings on a case filed against a former
top telecommunications executive for the nonpayment of P5-million 
worth of company loans and damages.

In a statement, Nextel Communications Phils. Inc. said that in
October 2001, it filed with the court a petition against former
Nextel president and chief executive officer Antonio Urera for the latter to 
settle a company housing loan amounting to P3.354 million. Nextel
said that in spite of repeated demands, Urera refused to pay the 
amount.

Upon Urera's separation from Nextel on April 18, 2001, the entire 
balance of the principal loan became due and outstanding.

Nextel also said that Urera borrowed another P1 million from the 
company, of which only P26,195.36 was paid through salary deduction, 
leaving a principal balance of P973,804.64.

The telecommunication company in its complaint also said that Urera 
was reimbursed for travel expenses incurred by Urera's son and other 
companions not officially connected with Nextel. The complainant 
alleged that the act not only constituted estafa, but also undue 
enrichment for which the company should be reimbursed plus interest, 
as well as paid damages.

In its petition, Nextel claimed that Urera transferred Nextel 
properties from office premises to the offices of Edsamail, where his 
son Marco was the chief executive officer.
Edsamail is an Internet service provider.

Urera is a witness against Nextel on a Congressional inquiry being 
conducted by the House committee on transportation and communications 
on allegations that the mobile service provider violated 
Constitutional provisions on foreign ownership in Filipino companies.

http://www.manilatimes.net/national/2003/may/26/business/20030526bus12
.html

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/CNxFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/