Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Secure Mobile Wi-Fi On Top of 3G Services

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 08:55:21 -0400

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/May2003/5407.htm

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/CNxFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

<script src="http://scripts.cgispy.com/randombanner/javarbanner.cgi?user=3Gtelecoms" language="JavaScript">
</script>

3G
HOME ssAdvertising
and Sponsorship ssFREE
Daily 3G Newsletter

ALL
TODAY'S PRESS RELEASES SEE BELOW

Secure
Mobile Wi-Fi On Top of 3G Services

27th
May 2003

Europe
: Nomadix and ipUnplugged AB announced complete interoperability between
their solutions for carriers to enable secure seamless roaming across
Wi-Fi, GPRS, UMTS or CDMA while maintaining a single billing solution.

The Nomadix and
ipUnplugged partnership provides value-added solutions for both wireless
carriers and the enterprise market. Enterprise customers can now support
a secure mobile Wireless LAN while maintaining plug-and-play capabilities
and carriers can offer secure seamless roaming over multiple wireless
technologies.

"We are excited
about the expanded possibilities leveraging Nomadix' footprint and their
transparent, secure and flexible solutions will bring to ipUnplugged's
solutions," said Lars Boman, CEO of ipUnplugged. "This alliance
further underscores ipUnplugged's commitment to providing secure and
seamless roaming across public and enterprise LANs, WLANs, GPRS, CDMA
and 3G networks."

"Nomadix' partnership
with ipUnplugged will strengthen our position in the market by increasing
versatility across the multiple wireless technologies," said Patrick
Parker, CEO of Nomadix. "This is a major step toward bridging the
existing gap between the different technologies separating the wireless
world."

Nomadix' Public-access
gateways and software solutions are deployed in more than 5,000 various
locations worldwide including hotels, airports, convention centers,
Wi-Fi HotSpots and enterprises offering guest access to the Internet
for visiting partners and customers. Nomadix solutions enable carriers,
service providers, wireless ISPs and venue owners to deploy full-service,
revenue- producing Public-access networks.

Nomadix (Stand 5b)
and ipUnplugged (Stand 25a) will be exhibiting at the Wireless LAN Event
in London on May 22-23, 2003. Harry Stevens, EMEA sales director of
Nomadix will be speaking at The Wireless LAN Event on Friday, May 23
at 3:15 p.m. in a session titled, "Provisioning, Authentication
and Service Management in Public Wireless LAN Networks."

TODAY'S
PRESS RELEASES

Camera
Phone Is World First

Casio
in Japan announces the new Casio A5401CA, the first phone to be equipped
with a 1,24 Mp CCD ( max = 1,240,000 pixels ). The first deliveries will
be to KDDI in Japan.

3G
Centre Helps SARs

Alcatel
will open its 3G Reality Centre in China to application developers in
the Asia Pacific region, to jointly work on multimedia mobile medical
applications to contribute to the current anti-SARS fight.

CDMA2000
1X Chipset Solution for Entry-Level 3G Devices

The
MSM6xxx chipset family are based on radioOne Zero Intermediate Frequency
(ZIF) architecture, providing reduced bill of materials and ultimately
more cost-effective solutions for 3G wireless devices.

Poland
Watches Movies On Mobiles

The
new service enables subscribers to watch popular movies and TV series
on their mobile devices, as well as to listen to favorite radio stations.

LG
5th in Phone Market

Two
years ago, LGE ranked 10th on the global mobile phone market. Today, the
company has wrestled the 5th spot from global mobile phone maker Sony
Ericsson.

5
New 3G Phones

KDDI
Corp and Okinawa Cellular plans to launch five new handsets from the end
of May increasing their new lineup of 3G mobile phones ( CDMA 2000 1x
), a format that enables high-speed data transmission of up to 144 kbps

Secure
Mobile Wi-Fi On Top of 3G Services

Nomadix
and ipUnplugged AB announced complete interoperability between their solutions
for carriers to enable secure seamless roaming across Wi-Fi, GPRS, UMTS
or CDMA while maintaining a single billing solution.

New
Display Module for Camera-Phone Market

Royal
Philips unveiled its newest product targeting the burgeoning camera-phone
market -- a module that includes two color displays and a VGA camera.
Dubbed the Compact Clam Color Camera (C4) Module

3G
Home

Subscribe
To Newsletter

3G
Press Releases

3G
Phone Zone

3G
Fun Zone

3G
New Launches

3G
Events

3G
Reports

3G
Directory

Advertise

All
Material Subject to Copyright. All logos, graphics and trademarks are the
property of their respective owners.