Subject: [NEXTEL-1] State: Homeland Security effort honored

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 17:31:39 -0400

Posted on Wed, Apr. 30, 2003

  State: Homeland Security effort honored

  A federal study ranks South Dakota at the top in Homeland Security after officially
opening the statewide radio initiative
  last October, according to the state Bureau of Information & Telecommunications.

  The Public Safety Wireless Network, also known as PSWN, recognized South Dakota this
year for connecting
  communications statewide, the bureau announced.

  PSWN is a collaboration between the U.S. Justice and Treasury departments.

  The state radio system features 35 transmitter sites and serves 8,500 radios, connecting
agencies across South
  Dakota.

  South Dakota is one of 14 states nationwide to be recognized. Illinois, Nevada, Ohio,
Pennsylvania and South Carolina
  were also placed on the PSWN's "established" category for the first time this year. The
six states join Colorado,
  Delaware, Florida, Louisiana, Michigan, Minnesota, North Carolina and Utah in the top
category.

http://www.aberdeennews.com/mld/aberdeennews/news/5750565.htm

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Rent DVDs Online - Over 14,500 titles.
No Late Fees & Free Shipping.
Try Netflix for FREE!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/YoVfrB/XP.FAA/uetFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/