Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel Partners Opens First Retail Store Company Donates $15,000 in Free Phones to Red Cross

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 18:17:09 -0400

Nextel  Partners  Opens  First  Retail  Store Company Donates $15,000 in Free Phones to
Red Cross

Nextel Partners, which offers the only national "four-in-one" wireless service
locally, will announce a market expansion with the opening of its first retail store in
the Tri-Cities.  The new retail store, one of 40 stores the company plans to open
nationwide this year, will expand the company's presence to better serve its
growing customer base and increase accessibility to new customers.

To celebrate the opening, the company is donating nine wireless phones and free
service for a year to the American Red Cross valued at $15,000.

"We're especially grateful for this donation, the first of its kind received by the
organization,"  said American Red Cross Executive Director Jane Harris. "The
phones - especially their long-range digital walkie-talkie feature - will tie the Red
Cross into the first responder interoperability network, enabling 24-hour response
to disaster victims and military personnel in the Tri-Cities community."

Additionally, in honor of Armed Forces Day, Nextel Partners is offering the public
free local, 20-minute domestic long-distance, and 10-minute international wireless
calls to help them reconnect with friends and family members in the military
overseas and across the U.S.

Nextel Partners is adding the new store based on strong customer demand for
Nextel's integrated solution and the company's established presence in the
community.  At the new 300 square-foot retail store, customers can view more
than 10 different Nextel phones and try the distinct features including Direct
Connect(SM) digital walkie-talkie, digital cellular, and text and numeric
messaging.  Customers can try Nextel Wireless Web services by checking
quotes on their favorite stocks, reading the latest headlines and responding to
e-mail.  Accessories and on-site customer assistance also are available. The
store is open 8 a.m. - 6 p.m. Monday through Friday, and 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. on
Saturday, and can be reached at 423.247.475