Subject: [NEXTEL-1] RE:MRFAC/NAM urge FCC to evaluate Moto's 800 MHz interference technical solution

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 12:30:05 -0400

-------- Original Message --------
   From: "Ron Haraseth" <[email-masked]>
Subject: MRFAC/NAM urge FCC to evaluate Moto's 800 MHz interference technical
         solution

 It would be very inappropriate for anyone to use the APCO report data for
definitive interference counts.  It was never promoted and there was never the
resources to promote or follow-up.  It was very effective as a notification tool
to get the attention of CMRS people, but that is all.  Even those agencies that
did report typically had dozens of individual interference situations for their
system over time.There has never been a concerted effort on anyone's part to reach
each and every PS licensee operating in 800 MHz to solicit input.Ron HarasethP39
APCO Staff Liaison

     -----Original Message-----
     From: Brignola, Christopher J. [mailto:[email-masked]]
     Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2003 6:03 PM
     Subject: RE:  MRFAC/NAM urge FCC to evaluate Moto's 800 MHz interference
     technical solution

     I do believe the amount of public safety users experiencing interference
     is much higher than the 1% reported to APCO.  The Nextel number of 10%
     is more believable.  I think most public safety system operators report
     the interference directly to Nextel because Nextel will try to "lessen"
     the problem by making some changes.  (though I am not sure whether the
     changes are actually made or if they actually lessen the
     interference).

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/