Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel's "Improved" Consumer Sceen Fails Again:

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 12:27:22 -0400

Timmy has been bragging about his new Customer Care and Billing Platform
Esemblow, Esmilile, Ensemble for the last year.
Well it looks like it still has some bugs! One identity-theft defeated
Nextel's Customer Care and Billing Platform and others to the tune of
$250,000.00!

Hey Timmy "Can You Hear Me Now?"

Or should that be  "Are You Sure That's Me??

===========================================================================

By CHRIS DETTRO
STAFF WRITER

A Springfield woman and her half brother have been indicted by a federal

grand jury in northern Indiana and accused of being the leaders of an
identity-theft ring that had access to personal information on about
5,200
Illinois Department of Human Services employees.

Michelle Graham, 33, who was a contract worker in human resources for
Human Services before being dismissed in August, is accused of using her

position to obtain names, addresses and Social Security numbers of other

department employees. She gave some of the information to her half
brother,
Tige Fennessee, the indictment says.

Fennessee, a South Bend, Ind., resident, used the information to create
fake
credit cards and credit lines to buy at least $250,000 in computers,
digital
cameras and other electronic equipment.

Nine people from the South Bend area are charged with accepting the
fraudulently obtained goods.

According to the indictment, which was unsealed last week, Fennessee
used
information he got from Graham to open electronic lines of credit at
Dell and
Apple computer companies, Nextel Communications and J.C. Penney.

He would order electronics items and have them shipped to friends and
associates in exchange for equipment, money or drugs, the indictment
says.
Many of the items were resold.

Graham was released on bond after being arraigned on eight counts of
conspiracy in federal court in Hammond, Ind., on Wednesday. No trial
date has
been set.

Fennessee was supposed to turn himself in to authorities in Indiana on
Thursday, and Illinois Department of Central Management Services police
were
on hand, said CMS spokesman Tom Green.

Graham apparently stole the information and provided it to Fennessee in
December 2001, but complaints didn't begin until last spring, when state

workers said they were being billed for goods they had neither ordered
nor
received. That prompted an investigation by CMS, the U.S. attorney's
office
for the Northern District of Indiana, South Bend police, Illinois State
Police
and the U.S. Postal Inspection Service.

Graham was fired from her state job after she was confronted with
allegations
she was stealing files, Green said.

If convicted, Graham could face up to 15 years in prison and a fine of
up to
$250,000.

http://www.sj-r.com/sections/news/stories/N05232003,c.asp#
--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/uetFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/