Subject: [NEXTEL-1] USTA To Boost Wi-Fi Access

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 15:27:12 -0400

USTA To Boost Wi-Fi Access

MAY 14, 2003

WASHINGTON-The United States Telecom Association plans to expand its small
in-building Wi-Fi network at its Washington, D.C., headquarters soon after next
month's big Supercomm show is completed, USTA officials say. USTA is one of the
sponsors of the telecom show held in Atlanta every June.

The organization will use the system to add more capacity to handle wireless voice
and data traffic in its building, which apparently is in a wireless 'dead spot' for
mainstream wireless carriers. The idea is to have Wi-Fi portable phones in the
office that can be used anywhere inside the building without having to haul new
cabling and install more expensive wireline telephone facilities.

Additionally, USTA officials say their organization is getting a lot more
membership and participation from wireless carriers these days, with Verizon
Wireless, Cingular Wireless and T-Mobile among the most active companies in
adding memberships.

http://www.wirelessweek.com/index.asp?layout=newsat2direct&starting=2&pubdate=05/14/03

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Rent DVDs Online - Over 14,500 titles.
No Late Fees & Free Shipping.
Try Netflix for FREE!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/YoVfrB/XP.FAA/uetFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/