Subject: [mobile-ip] Clarification to draft-ietf-mobileip-reg-revok-07.txt

From: "Steven M. Glass" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 16:53:07 -0400

Under the guidance of Steve Bellovin, we've made the following 
clarification to section 6.2 of "Registration Revocation in Mobile 
IPv4":

1432,1436c1432,1436
<    foreign agents, namely the use of authenticators.  Revocation
<    messages defined in this document which are passed between home and
<    foreign agents MUST be protected by either the same foreign-home
<    authenticators defined in [1], or another authentication mechanism
<    at least as secure and agreed upon by the end agents, e.g., IPsec.
---
 >    foreign agents, namely the use of authenticators.  All foreign and
 >    home agents MUST support protection of revocation messages via the
 >    foreign-home authenticators defined in [1]. They MAY implement
 >    other mechanisms of equal or greater strength; if such mechanisms
 >    are known to be available to both parties, they MAY be used 
instead.

     As Steve has pointed out, and Allison Mankin (as proxy for Thomas 
Narten) has confirmed, this clarification will be provided as an RFC 
Editor's note, and doesn't require bumping the revision number, so my 
understanding is the draft will proceed without delay.

                               Cheers,
                                   Steve