Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Push-to-Talk Cellular Rolls Out - Sort Of

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 17:06:28 -0400

Push-to-Talk Cellular Rolls Out - Sort Of

BY WIRELESS WEEK STAFF
MAY 12, 2003

Wireless technology developer fastmobile today said it had launched
commercially its 'fastchat' push-to-talk software for wireless phones, providing
the product initially by downloads from Handango's Web site and at a variety of
retailers in Southern California and Florida.

The program, initially only available for Symbian OS phones using GSM/GPRS
networks, enables users to conduct walkie-talkie-like conversations similar to the
push-to-talk feature of Nextel Communications' Direct Connect, although only
with other users who have installed fastchat. Fastchat charges $9.95 per month
for unlimited usage, in addition to the Internet service fees from the subscriber's
wireless carrier.

The software also enables instant text messaging, e-mail and short messaging
services and has a presence management feature enabling the user to tell when
other fastchat users are online or not.

The company says a CDMA version of fastchat will be available in the second half
of this year.Computerworld

http://www.wirelessweek.com/index.asp?layout=document&doc_id=119023&verticalid=34&vertical=Business+and+Finance&industry=&text=fastchat

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Rent DVDs Online - Over 14,500 titles.
No Late Fees & Free Shipping.
Try Netflix for FREE!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/YoVfrB/XP.FAA/uetFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/