Subject: [NEXTEL-1] P-25 Hits ST. PETERSBURG, Russia

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 22:01:22 -0400

Motorola Provides Two-Way Mobile Communication Solution
to the City of St. Petersburg for its 300th Anniversary

ST. PETERSBURG, Russia, -- May 23, 2003 -- Motorola (NYSE: MOT)
announces that it has deployed an ASTRO® digital two-way mobile communication solution for
the City Police of St.

Petersburg and the Leningrad Region that is compliant with the
International Association of Public Safety Communications Officials (APCO) 25 standard. The system will
enable interoperability of various emergency services during the celebration of St.
Petersburg's 300th anniversary.

This APCO 25-compliant digital two-way mobile communication solution by Motorola was chosen by the City Police of St. Petersburg and the Leningrad Region as a
result of its tender for an APCO 25-compliant trunking communication system. The Ministry of
Internal Affairs of Russian Federation chose the APCO 25 digital standard for its mobile
communication systems based on their successful track record in a number of its departments and
organizations, including those operating in Transcaucasian republics.

The project was implemented in an extremely short time frame through
a combined effort of Motorola, Budaphone Ltd. and Radio Communication International.
Motorola provided the city of St. Petersburg with an extended coverage solution including three
zones, 18 channels, 300 digital two-way radios and a control center to manage talk groups in real
time. This system will enable interoperability of law enforcement and security organizations
during the celebration of St.

Petersburg's 300th anniversary and the upcoming EU Summit. The
system was designed and implemented in collaboration with the City Police of St. Petersburg
and the Leningrad Region, the Department of Communications and Automation of Russian Ministry of
Internal Affairs, and the Special Technology and Communications Research and Development
Organization for Russian Ministry of Internal Affairs.

The deployment of the ASTRO® conventional mobile communication
system for the St. Petersburg City Police marks another milestone in the Russian
Ministry of Internal Affairs strategy to migrate to APCO 25, enabling digital communication in
its two-way mobile systems.

In 2002, Motorola distributor, Budaphone Ltd., implemented a similar
system for the Duty Office of the Moscow City Police.

The APCO 25 digital standard enables interoperability between
existing analog two-way radios used by the Russian Ministry of Internal Affairs and other law
enforcement and government agencies This then enables them to carry out a number of security
activities and offers their communities protection from unauthorized access. If an enhanced
level of security is desired, additional scrambling devices can be added to the system.

http://www.motorola.com/mediacenter/news/detail/0,1958,2798_2277_23,00.html

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/CNxFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/