Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Wireless Design Online Newsletter

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 12:06:56 -0400

Wireless Design Online Newsletter - http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com
Tuesday, May 13, 2003
================================================================
 
1) Racal Instruments offers mobile handset manufacturers choice and flexibility in quad
band conformance testing platforms
2) AWR and OEA International Partner to Offer Gold Standard Extraction Technology
3) New Vishay Siliconix Monolithic Dual JFETs Eliminate Latch-Up In Amplifier Designs
 
---------------------------------------
 
1) Racal Instruments offers mobile handset manufacturers choice and flexibility in quad
band conformance testing platforms
 
Racal Instruments has developed quad band functionality within its 6103G digital radio
test platform, providing 850, 900, 1800 and 1900MHz test capability. This will enable
users of the 6103 AIME and 6103 AIME/CT to cover all the popular GSM bands using just one
test platform...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/28561/793725
 
2) AWR and OEA International Partner to Offer Gold Standard Extraction Technology
 
Applied Wave Research Inc. and OEA International, Inc. have announced a technology
licensing agreement that enables AWR to integrate into its high-frequency EDA design
environment the core interconnect extraction technology, including the fast proprietary
"Cheetah" solver...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/28562/793725
 
3) New Vishay Siliconix Monolithic Dual JFETs Eliminate Latch-Up In Amplifier Designs
 
A new series of junction FETs (JFETs) that eliminate the problem of latch-up in amplifier
designs was released last week by Siliconix incorporated, an 80.4%-owned subsidiary of
Vishay Intertechnology. A perennial challenge for analog designers, latch-up occurs when
several JFETs on the same substrate form a parasitic junction that can turn on
unexpectedly...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/28563/793725

------------------------------------------
WIRELESS DESIGN ONLINE DOWNLOAD LIBRARY
------------------------------------------
 
The Wireless Design Online download library contains the latest in product datasheets,
application notes, white papers, demo software, and more. Visit the link below to browse
our newly added downloads, and use the search function to locate downloads that are
relevant to your current project or research.
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/28572/793725

------------------------------------- 
FEATURED PRODUCTS
-------------------------------------
  
1) BlueBird AMPS Modems
2) Nardalert XT RF Personal Monitors
3) Rad-Hard 0.5 Micron Cell-Library
4) SAR Testing Services
5) Tetra Quadrature Modulator
6) Ansoft Designer(TM)
7) Cellular Patch Antennas
8) Bluetooth Transceiver
 
---------------------------------------
 
1) BlueBird AMPS Modems
 
The BlueBird AMPS Modems from Blue Tree Wireless Data Inc. is a 3-watt AMPS/analog
cellular modem available in circuit-board format for integration into OEM products. These
modems feature the greatest geographic cellular coverage in North America. Downloadable
pdf datasheet available...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/28564/793725
 
2) Nardalert XT RF Personal Monitors
 
Nardalert XTs were designed to satisfy the needs of all who use RF personal monitors. The
patented sensor design detects the electric field over an extremely broad frequency band
regardless of signal format or polarization. Downloadable pdf datasheet and technical note
available...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/28565/793725
 
3) Rad-Hard 0.5 Micron Cell-Library
 
The Rad-Hard 0.5 micron cell library for customer ASIC designs is capable of integrating
over 750,000 gates of CMOS Silicon-On-Sapphire (SOS) random logic (above 1 million
equivalent gates with embedded macros). It offers high-speed and low power consumption of
UTSi technology for a broad range of space applications...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/28566/793725
 
4) SAR Testing Services
 
As a result of the European R&TTE Directive, all hand held or body mounted mobile
communications equipment must be evaluated "for the protection of the health and safety of
the user and any other person." This relates directly to human exposure standards which
set basic restrictions for the Specific Absorption Rate (SAR) of RF energy by the human
body...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/28567/793725
 
5) Tetra Quadrature Modulator
 
The RF2485 quadrature modulator for Terrestrial Trunked Radio (TETRA) systems addresses
the needs of TETRA base station and handset designers. Designed for TETRA use in the 200
to 600 MHz band, the modulator features a broadband noise floor of -149 dBm/Hz typical at
5 MHz offset...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/28568/793725
 
6) Ansoft Designer(TM)
 
Ansoft Designer is the only integrated software package with a combination of
electromagnetic solvers for quasi-static, planar, and (with HFSS) 3D problem solving
capabilities that are fully integrated with system- and circuit-level design via
solver-on-demand. Ansoft Designer's capabilities include modeling, simulation, and
automation...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/28569/793725
 
7) Cellular Patch Antennas
 
Cushcraft Corp. introduced its Cellular/GSM/ISM dual liner series of patch antennas that
provides simultaneous reception, and transmission of both vertically and horizontally
linearly polarized signals in the 824-896, 880-960, and 902-928 frequency bands...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/28570/793725
 
8) Bluetooth Transceiver
 
The PH2401 2.4 GHz transceiver is designed for use in Bluetooth applications. Supplied in
a 48-pin BCC++ package, this transceiver functions features a 1600 hop/s hopping rate, 79
channels, and a maximum Tx and Rx bit rate of 1 Mb/s...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/28571/793725

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Rent DVDs from home.
Over 14,500 titles. Free Shipping
& No Late Fees. Try Netflix for FREE!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/BVVfoB/hP.FAA/uetFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/