Subject: [NEXTEL-1] The City of Greensboro, NC Opposes Nextel's Pan

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 14:13:53 -0400

The City of Greensboro, NC, is a licensee of an 800 MHz Trunked Public Safety
Radio System. This system covers multiple jurisdictions, we have a 28 Channel
System that provides essential service to municipal and county Emergency Service
providers in two counties. This system was an expense investment by our local
governments. We initiated this system in the mid 1990's to provide and promote
interoperability for Public Safety responders. We have been successful in
meeting this need, and providing the type of environment that the Federal
Government has expressed interest in accomplishing through the Homeland Security
initiatives. The issues persented by WT Docket No. 02-55; interference in our
approved band by CMRS base stations; have a tremendous impact on our existing
system and future plans for this system.

 We have experinced this interference and had to take corrective action to
preclude impact on emergency operations. Our first request would be to move CMRS
systems out of the 800 MHz spectrum; the
scarcity of spectrum availability makes this unlikely; the second request would
be to delay consideration of the "Consensus Plan" pending sufficicent
feildtesting.

We request your consideration for the protection of the investment we
have made on the behalf of tax payers in our juridiction. As well as the
extreme implications this "Plan" would have on the Public Safety community on a
national level. Your favorable consideration would be most beneficial and
appreciated.

 Thomas A. Murphy, Jr.

http://svartifoss2.fcc.gov/prod/ecfs/retrieve.cgi?native_or_pdf=pdf&id_document=6514148370

-- 
  		"NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
		Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

		"NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

		"WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
 	   The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/