Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel, the way they disconnect with their customers

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 May 2003 16:41:52 -0400

Nextel, the way they disconnect with their customers

To: Nextel Communications

The world thrives on communication today, which is why I'm so upset
with the experience at Nextel Communications. Quite honestly, I'm
annoyed with this issue.

Here's my complaint: I do not agree with the way Nextel treats their
customers and feel their current business practices are unethical to
say the least.

After years of being a Nextel Customer why do you make it so hard
and expensive for existing customers get a replacement phone?
Years ago I could walk into a Office Depot and replace a phone. That
is no longer an option since you have cut down on who and how your
phones can be sold. It's like you have a monopoly with price fixing.
All the vendors of your phones are required to either force you to
become a new customer or charge as much as three times the new
customer rate for a cell phone. I don't agree with this practice or any
of your past changes. Now I am forced to pay a price with a huge
markup. I guess this is your way of paying your top execs nice
bonuses and growing revenues. I look at it as your way of saying
thanks for my years of being a customer since 1998, paying over six
thousand dollars and sticking with us even though our phones don't
work 5 miles outside major cities unless your on a interstate that has
towers. . I have lost respect for your company and the way you treat
your customers. Some of my other major issues over the years have
also included getting rid of one second rounding and also changing
the rates from 25 - 40 cents for additional minutes without
notification. And best yet requiring your long time customers who
signed up without a contract to go under contract to get a better plan.
Your marketing people must have degrees from the streets of
Manhattan. The school of bait and screw.

As for me I am planning on canceling my service after the year. I also
came across some of my other complaints listed in a class action
law suite. I started out as a customer in Austin, Texas in 1998
without a contract and feel your whole focus has been on acquiring
new customers.. When people see my phone and ask me about
Nextel all I can do is smile and share my
experiences, I shake my head and strongly advise against choosing
Nextel.

I hope you get back to me soon. In this age of modern
communication, seemingly simple things should not go unresolved.
I'll expect a response within 10 business days.

From:
William P.
Oak Ridge, NC
http://www.PlanetFeedback.com/sharedLetters/viewLetter/0,2936,102782-100-0-0-20-0-fb_date-desc-221578-0,00.html

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Rent DVDs from home.
Over 14,500 titles. Free Shipping
& No Late Fees. Try Netflix for FREE!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/BVVfoB/hP.FAA/uetFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: "Joseph Pederson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 16:01:52 -0500

To my understanding Nextel wants the CORPORATE ACCOUNTS with 100's of lines.
Nextel does not thrive on mom and pop stores. If you were one of these
companies, more than likely if you threatened to cancel your account, then
they would either a) send you free phones (even though it would be i30's or
i35's) and/or cut your bill...

Just an opinion, based on what I have seen happen.
  -----Original Message-----
  From: Marcel [mailto:[email-masked]]
  Sent: Thursday, May 08, 2003 3:42 PM
  To: [email-masked]
  Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel, the way they disconnect with their customers

  From:
  William P.
  Oak Ridge, NC

http://www.PlanetFeedback.com/sharedLetters/viewLetter/0,2936,102782-100-0-0
-20-0-fb_date-desc-221578-0,00.html

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.

---

From: Evan Platt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 May 2003 14:34:36 -0700

>Years ago I could walk into a Office Depot and replace a phone. That

You still can.

>phones can be sold. It's like you have a monopoly with price fixing.

Nope. Anyone can sell a phone for whatever price they want. They'll usually 
want to sell it for more than they paid. Not all the time, but I'd say 
99.9999% of the time.

>markup.

Huh? Vendors charge $50 on top of the phone's RRP. You don't agree with 
dealers making a profit?

I may reply in the forum to this guy....

:)

Evan 

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Rent DVDs Online - Over 14,500 titles.
No Late Fees & Free Shipping.
Try Netflix for FREE!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/YoVfrB/XP.FAA/uetFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->