Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Merrill Lynch Sees Growth in 1Q Cell Phone Sales

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 May 2003 14:33:51 -0400

Merrill Lynch Sees Growth in 1Q Cell Phone Sales

Manufacturers shipped 106 million cell phones in the first quarter compared
with 92 million shipped in the same period a year ago, a Merrill Lynch report
said. Much of the growth was attributed to sales at Samsung and other smaller
suppliers. Samsung shipped 13.2 million units in the first quarter, up 3.2 million
from the year earlier level. For the first quarter of 2003, Samsung had a 12.4
percent market share. Nokia shipped 37.6 million phones in the first quarter of
2003, for a 35.4 percent market share. Motorola had a 15.8 percent market
share for the first quarter, the report said

Source: Dow Jones Newswires

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Rent DVDs from home.
Over 14,500 titles. Free Shipping
& No Late Fees. Try Netflix for FREE!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/BVVfoB/hP.FAA/uetFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/