Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Communications Center Administrator - City of Henderson NV.

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 23:58:34 -0400

Communications Center Administrator - City of Henderson

 THE CITY OF HENDERSON ANNOUNCES EXAMINATION TO CREATE AN
 ELIGIBILITY LIST FOR THE CLASSIFICATION OF "COMMUNICATIONS
 CENTER ADMINISTRATOR" TO FILL ONE (1) VACANCY IN THE
 COMMUNICATIONS CENTER OF THE TECHNICAL SERVICES DIVISION
 OF THE POLICE DEPARTMENT. THE ELIGIBILITY LIST FOR
 "COMMUNICATIONS CENTER ADMINISTRATOR" WILL BE UTILIZED TO
 FILL VACANCIES IN THIS CLASSIFICATION FOR ONE (1) YEAR.

 Candidates may complete an Application Request Form to have an
 application packet mailed.

 SALARY: $64,944.59 - 102,303.65/year

 HE JOB: Under general supervision and direction of the Technical Services
 Division Commander, plans, directs, and supervises the activities of the
 Communications Center; and performs related duties as assigned.

 REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university
 with a major in communications, criminology, public administration, or closely
 related field, and ten (10) years of experience in a 9-1-1 Communications
 Center, which included five (5) years of experience in a supervisory capacity
 within a 9-1-1 communications environment; OR an equivalent combination of
 closely related education, training, and experience.

 DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS: Certification as an Emergency Number
 Professional (ENP).

 SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: Must possess a valid Nevada Driver's License at
 the time of appointment and maintain a satisfactory driving record.

 SELECTION PROCESS: The selection process will consist of an
 employment application screening with the most qualified individuals being
 invited to participate in an oral review board process at their own expense. It
 is the responsibility of candidates with a disability requiring accommodation
 in the testing process to contact the Human Resources Department to
 request such accommodation prior to the closing date for this recruitment.
 Appointment is subject to successful completion of in-depth background
 investigation, a polygraph examination, and City-paid, pre-employment,
 post-offer physical examination, including drug test.

 ORAL REVIEW BOARD: Wednesday, June 18, 2003
 (Weighted 100%)                Emergency Services Building
                                                Training Room B - 2nd Floor
                                                223 Lead Street
                                                Henderson, NV 89015

 The oral review board will test for knowledge in the areas of background, job
 knowledge, problem solving and decision making, interpersonal relations, and
 verbal communications. The oral review board may include a written
 component.

 SELECTION INTERVIEWS: Thursday, June 19, 2003
 (Top candidates)                       Emergency Services Building
                                                     223 Lead Street
                                                     Henderson, NV 89015

 It is important that candidates plan on being in Henderson, Nevada, on
 Wednesday, June 18, 2003, and Thursday, June 19, 2003. The top
 candidates from the oral review board will be contacted by telephone and
 scheduled for selection interviews to be held on Thursday, June 19, 2003.

 NOTE: The City reserves the right to modify selection devices and test
 instruments in accordance with accepted legal, ethical, and professional
 standards.

 WHERE TO APPLY: City employment application must be submitted to, and
 received by, the Human Resources Department, 85 Ocean Avenue,
 Henderson, Nevada, 89015, no later than Thursday, May 29, 2003, by 5:00
 p.m., to be considered for this recruitment. NO APPLICATIONS WILL BE
 GIVEN OUT AFTER 4:00 P.M. ON THE CLOSING DATE OF THIS
 RECRUITMENT. Employment application MUST be obtained from the Human
 Resources Department; resumes only WILL NOT be accepted in lieu of
 employment application.

 HUMAN RESOURCES IS LOCATED AT 85 OCEAN AVENUE,
 HENDERSON, NV 89015

 MAILING ADDRESS:  CITY HENDERSON, HUMAN RESOURCES, 240
 WATER STREET, HENDERSON, NV 89015

 Phone: 702-565-2070  Fax: 702-565-1267
 TDD SERVICES FOR THE HEARING IMPAIRED: 702-565-2057
 24 HOUR TOLL FREE JOB LINE: 1-877-CITYJOB (1-877-248-9562)
 www.cityofhenderson.com/hr

 Opening Date: April 28, 2003
 Closing Date:  May 29, 2003, at 5:00 PM (posted: 5/10/03 )

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/uetFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/