Subject: [NEXTEL-1] ENFORCEMENT BUREAU FIELD OFFICES LIST OF NOTICES OF APPARENT LIABILITY ISSUED

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 May 2003 10:41:23 -0400

There is always one that makes it bad for the rest of us.................

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

DA # 03-1446
May 2, 2003

ENFORCEMENT BUREAU FIELD OFFICES LIST OF NOTICES OF APPARENT LIABILITY ISSUED

The following is a list of Notices of Apparent Liability ("NALs") issued by the
Enforcement Bureau’s Field Offices during the
period January 1, through March 31, 2003. The Field Offices issued 66 NALs in amounts
totaling $ 567,000 for violations of
the Communications Act of 1934, as amended, 47 U.S.C. § 151, et. seq., and/or the FCC’s
rules. As detailed below, of the
66 NALs issued, 45 involved violations of the Commission’s safety-related rules (e.g.,
Emergency Alert System, antenna
structure registration, painting and lighting, AM fencing requirements and cable signal
leakage). The Commission cautions
licensees and antenna structure owners that the Commission takes compliance with these
rules seriously. Failure to comply with
these rules may result in significant enforcement action.

This list is provided for information purposes only and does not provide parties with
additional rights. Parties wishing to make a payment or file a response to an NAL must do
so in accordance with the instructions and by the deadline set forth in the NAL.

<SNIP>

47 C.F.R. Part 97 – Amateur Radio Services

47 C.F.R. § 97.101 – General Standards

Scott E. Kamm, NOUGN, Sioux City, Iowa. $12,000 NAL. Other violations: 47 C.F.R. §§ 97.113
(Prohibited Transmissions ) and 97.119 (Station Identification). Kansas City, MO District
Office (1/24/03).
http://www.fcc.gov/eb/Public_Notices/DA-03-1446A1.html

=============================================================================

FCC Proposes Huge Fine for Nebraska Ham
Accused of Intentional Interference

NEWINGTON, CT, Feb 21, 2003--The FCC has proposed fining a Nebraska Technician-class
Amateur Radio operator, Scott E. Kamm, N0UGN, of Waterbury $12,000 for alleged willful and
repeated interference, broadcasting of music and failing to identify with his call sign.
The FCC's Kansas City office released the Notice of Apparent Liability for Forfeiture
(NAL) on January 24.

(More)
http://www.arrl.org/news/stories/2003/02/21/100/?nc=1

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Rent DVDs from home.
Over 14,500 titles. Free Shipping
& No Late Fees. Try Netflix for FREE!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/BVVfoB/hP.FAA/uetFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/