Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Portable toilets with Web access

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 05:36:08 -0400

Nahhhh....why use a computer to solve a problem in the loo, when you can
use
a pencil to work it out < : o

Message text written by INTERNET:[email-masked]
Here is the perfect application for Nextel's phones.....
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------
Portable toilets with Web access

SEATTLE, Washington (AP) --Now on the way: "Surfing on the loo" with
Internet
access at portable toilets.

The iLoo being developed by the MSN division of Microsoft Corp. in Britain
is
a standard portable toilet -- a loo to the British -- with a wireless
keyboard and
extending, height-adjustable plasma screen in front of the seat.

There would also be a "Hotmail station" with waterproof keyboard and plasma
screen on the outside for those waiting in line.

MSN officials say they're negotiating for the manufacture of toilet paper
imprinted with Web addresses that users may not have tried.

"The Internet's so much a part of everyday life now that surfing on the loo
was
the next natural step," MSN marketing manager Tracy Blacher said. "People
used to reach for a book or mag[azine] when they were on the loo, but now
they'll be logging on."

The device is expected to be in use at festivals this summer in Britain,
the
Seattle Post-Intelligencer reported Tuesday.

There's no word on if, or when, the iLoo will make its way across the pond.

Find this article at:
http://edition.cnn.com/2003/TECH/internet/05/07/offbeat.loo.net.ap/index.ht
ml

<

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Rent DVDs from home.
Over 14,500 titles. Free Shipping
& No Late Fees. Try Netflix for FREE!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/BVVfoB/hP.FAA/uetFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/