Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Motorola and Telemetric Team Up to Provide Enhanced Monitoring Communications Solutions to Utilities

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 May 2003 22:15:09 -0400

Motorola and Telemetric Team Up to Provide Enhanced Monitoring Communications Solutions to
Utilities

SCHAUMBURG, Ill., May 5, 2003 - Motorola (NYSE:MOT) and Telemetric today announced an
agreement to integrate their technologies to provide utility customers with low-cost
communications
solutions for remotely monitoring and controlling distribution equipment. Under this
Teaming
Agreement, Motorola will offer Telemetric's application specific solutions on its DataTAC
and iDEN®
private networks.

"By combining our companies' products and capabilities, utility customers will be able to
automate
their entire distribution network over a single secure network, which will increase
efficiencies and lower
operating costs," said Geno Viviano, Motorola Communications and Electronics Inc. vice
president,
Special Markets Division.

"Telemetric has developed a suite of low-cost wireless devices to communicate with
equipment such
as capacitor banks, reclosers, voltage regulators and switches. By coupling these
solutions with
Motorola's leadership in private wireless data communications, we will provide significant
cost savings
and enhanced power quality to utilities," said Scott Schoenherr, CEO of Telemetric.

Under the agreement, Motorola will be offering certain customers Telemetric's
application-specific
solutions on its Private DataTac, a user-owned wireless data communications network, or on
its iDEN
wireless IP network that combines voice, telephone interconnect, mobile data and fixed
data on one
network.

"The low-cost IP connectivity enables integration of Telemetric's monitoring and control
solutions on the
same network as voice dispatch," noted Jim Hanson, Motorola Special Market's Wireless Data

Solutions manager. "This provides utility companies with secure, efficient access to their
data without
monthly public network communication charges."

In addition, utility companies will be able to control their own private wireless
networks.

"This control is critical to business success because it offers customers the ability to
expand capacity
precisely when they need it in saturated zones without the need to wait for assistance
from their
wireless service provider," said Hanson.

Private DataTAC operates on 25 kHz or 12.5 kHz channels in the 800 and 900 MHz Private
Mobile
Radio frequency bands and uses Radio Data Link Access Protocol (RD-LAP) for high-speed
communication and quick dispatch response time within all types of mobile radio
environments. iDEN
systems range from a large, statewide public network to a small, single-site private
system.

"Use of this advanced Motorola technology limits the need to expand their communications
infrastructure, which can also result in a cost savings for utilities," said Hanson.

"Our alliance with Telemetric is part of Motorola's ongoing commitment to expanding the
functionality
and enhancing the return on investment of our customers' networks," said Viviano. "As the
ability to
perform existing and new applications over a single network becomes a working reality, we
will
continue to explore additional alliances to service a wide range of industries."

About Telemetric
Telemetric is the industry leader in low-cost wireless solutions, providing utilities with
an affordable
option for communicating with down-line equipment and machinery. Our solutions have helped
over 110
utilities control costs and improve customer service by allowing them to cost-effectively
monitor, control
and automate equipment located beyond their substations. By utilizing the "control
channel" of the
cellular network, Telemetric allows customers to send small packets of data over the
existing public
cellular network with far better coverage and at a much lower cost than other methods of
communication. Telemetric is privately held with headquarters in Boise, Idaho. For more
information,
please visit www.telemetric.net, or email [email-masked].

http://www.motorola.com/LMPS/pressreleases/page3042.htm

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Rent DVDs Online - Over 14,500 titles.
No Late Fees & Free Shipping.
Try Netflix for FREE!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/YoVfrB/XP.FAA/uetFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/