Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel Partners Launches First National ''Four-in-One'' Wireless Service in Augusta

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 May 2003 11:55:37 -0400

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/030508/85222_1.html

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Rent DVDs from home.
Over 14,500 titles. Free Shipping
& No Late Fees. Try Netflix for FREE!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/BVVfoB/hP.FAA/uetFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

Search - Finance Home - Yahoo! - Help

Welcome,
marcel_rf1
[Sign
Out]

Money Manager
-
My Yahoo! View
-
Customize

Financial
News

Enter
symbol(s) BasicDayWatchPerformanceReal-time MktDetailedChartResearchOptionsOrder
Book
Symbol Lookup

Press Release

Source:
Nextel Partners, Inc.

Nextel Partners Launches First National ''Four-in-One'' Wireless Service in Augusta
Thursday May 8, 6:31 am ET

Company Donates Phones and Service to the Richmond County Sheriff's Office

AUGUSTA, Ga.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--May 8, 2003--Local businesses
interested in increasing productivity and maximizing resources can now
access the first national "four-in-one" digital wireless service
available in Augusta, Ga., as well as Aiken, S.C.

ADVERTISEMENT

Nextel Partners today officially announced local availability of
its all-digital wireless network and services including digital
cellular, text and numeric messaging, wireless Internet access and
Direct Connect(SM) digital walkie-talkie, all in a single wireless
phone.

Nextel Donates to the Richmond County Sheriff's Office

In conjunction with its launch, Nextel Partners is donating 6
wireless phones and free local service for a year to the Richmond
County Sheriff's Office, a total donation valued at nearly $9,000.
Nextel Partners will officially present the donation to the Sheriff's
Office on Thursday, May 8 at 10 a.m. at the Richmond County Sheriff's
Office, 401 Walton Way in Augusta.

The donation marks the first time the Sheriff's Office has
received wireless phones equipped with a digital walkie-talkie, which
will provide deputies using them instant access to each other, easing
communication between deputies on special assignment.

"Nextel Partners' donation will help us coordinate activities
among deputies," said Sheriff Ronald Strength, Richmond County
Sheriff's Office. "Being able to communicate instantly with deputies
at different locations throughout the community will save time, and
help us respond to better serve our community."

Nextel Coverage Extends from Augusta, Ga. to Aiken, S.C.

Customers in the region can utilize the service along the
frequently traveled corridors of Interstate 20 east from Atlanta
through Appling, Evans, Grovetown, Martinez and Augusta, Ga., to North
Augusta and Aiken, S.C.

Nextel Partners brings the latest in Direct Connect(SM)
walkie-talkie service to the region. The feature enables a Nextel
customer to communicate with any other Nextel user at the touch of a
button -- significantly increasing the number of colleagues, customers
and suppliers available via walkie-talkie within their calling region.
Using Direct Connect, a Nextel Partners customer in Augusta, for
example, can press one button and talk instantly with a co-worker or
colleague using Nextel service in Appling, Evans, Grovetown, Martinez,
Savannah, and Brunswick, Ga.; North Augusta, Aiken, Charleston, Hilton
Head Island, Columbia, and Greenville, S.C.; and Charlotte, N.C.
They'll pay no long-distance charges and avoid the hassles of
voicemail. By third quarter of 2003, Nextel customers will have
nationwide Direct Connect capabilities, allowing them instant
walkie-talkie access to other Nextel customers anywhere in the
country.

The launch expands Nextel's and Nextel Partners' regional
coverage, which already includes Atlanta, Ga.; Charleston and
Greenville, S.C.; Charlotte and Raleigh N.C.; Knoxville, Nashville and
Memphis, Tenn.; Pensacola and Tallahassee, Fla.; and Mobile and
Montgomery, Ala.

"Nextel Partners' service will offer strategic capabilities to
businesses in the region," said Nextel Partners General Manager Lee
Potter. "On a nationwide basis, no other carrier can eliminate the
need for multiple communications devices with one simple and
affordable solution. Nextel is ideal for businesses that need instant
access to co-workers, suppliers and business associates, as well as
the quality and security of digital service."

Responding to business demand for mobile access to the Internet,
Nextel Partners also offers wireless Internet access, providing
easy-to-use tools to access critical information online. Customers can
trade investments, respond to time-sensitive e-mail, receive
up-to-the-minute breaking news, plan a business trip, purchase
last-minute gifts, and more.

Nextel Partners' local office is located at 3836 Washington Road,
Suite 9, in Martinez, Ga. A retail store location is also opening this
month at 3836 Washington Road, Suite 5, in Martinez, Ga. The office
employs 15 people to date.

About Nextel Partners

Nextel Partners, Inc., (Nasdaq:NXTP - News), based in Kirkland, Wash.,
has the exclusive right to provide digital wireless communications
services using the Nextel brand name in 31 states where approximately
53 million people reside. Nextel Partners offers its customers the
same fully integrated, digital wireless communications services
available from Nextel including digital cellular, text and numeric
messaging, wireless Internet access and Direct Connect(SM) digital
walkie-talkie, all in a single wireless phone. Nextel Partners
customers can seamlessly access these services anywhere on Nextel's or
Nextel Partners' all-digital wireless network, which currently covers
198 of the top 200 U.S. markets. To learn more about Nextel Partners,
visit www.nextelpartners.com. To learn more about Nextel's services,
visit www.nextel.com.

Nextel, the Nextel logo, and Nextel Direct Connect are trademarks
and/or service marks of Nextel Communications, Inc.

Contact:

Nextel Partners, Inc.
Investors Contact: Alice Kang, 425/576-3696
Media Contact: Susan Johnston, 425/576-3617

Source:
Nextel Partners, Inc.
Email this story
-
Set
a News
Alert
ADVERTISEMENT

Special Offers

·

Credit Card offers @ eCreditCards.com (U.S. Only)

·

Planning to Sell or Buy a Home this Spring?

·

Get a FREE REFINANCE QUOTE - click here!

·

Get 30 commission-free trades at Ameritrade!

·

Get Your Home Ready For Summer - Find Contractors

·

$7.77 Web Hosting + 2 Months FREE!

·

Refinance. Close in as little as 30 days

·

Save up to $500* in commissions with CyberTrader.

·

Stop Snoring Now - Sleep Better Tonight

·

Pay for that boat with a Home Equity line of credit.

Related
Quote

NXTP

5.19

-0.12

News

View Detailed Quote
Delayed 20 mins
Quote data provided by
Reuters

Related News Stories

·

Nextel Partners Boosts Note Offering to $150 Million - Dow Jones Business News (10:09 am)

·

NEXTEL PARTNERS INC FILES (8-K) Disclosing Other Events - EDGAR Online (9:14 am)

·

Nextel Partners raises note placement to $150 mln - Reuters (8:24 am)

·

Nextel Partners Announces Private Placement of $150 Million Convertible Senior Notes - Business Wire (8:04 am)

More...

·

By
industry:
Telecom

Top Stories

·

Euro on Fire, Hits 4-Year High Vs Dollar - Reuters (11:43 am)

·

Tommy Hilfiger Sees Loss, Eyes Deals - Reuters (11:39 am)

·

Derivatives Boon to Economy-Greenspan - Reuters (11:49 am)

·

Stocks Flat Ending Nearly Two Month Rally - Reuters (10:41 am)

More...

·

Most-emailed
articles

·

Most-viewed
articles

Finance Spotlight

·

Credit Reports
Find out your credit score instantly

·

Research
Reports
Expert insight at great prices

·

MarketTracker
Live streaming quotes for $9.95/mo

Copyright © 2003 Yahoo! Inc. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy - Terms of Service - Copyright Policy - Ad Feedback
Copyright
©
2003 Business Wire. All rights reserved. All
the news releases provided by Business Wire are copyrighted.
Any forms of
copying other than an individual user's personal reference
without express
written permission is prohibited. Further distribution
of these materials
by posting, archiving in a public web site or database,
or redistribution
in a computer network is strictly forbidden.