Subject: [mobile-ip] Section 7.6 (dad failure action)

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 14:37:48 +0300

Hi,

I'm sure you saw the thread that went on in the IPv6 list
about Section 7.6 in our Mobile IPv6 specification. At
the end of that thread we were sort of on-and-off whether
the text should be kept.

Since then we have continued the discussion privately
in an attempt to find consensus. You can see most of the
e-mails through the issue 302 description. My interpretation
of the discussion is that we appear to have differing opinions
and its probably best to skip Section 7.6 so we can get
to publishing the draft*, and deal with DAD recovery issues
later in other contexts such as SEND, optimistic DAD, or
movement detection.

--Jari

*) I'm hoping to publish revisions 22 and 05 today... I think
we have addressed every issue that has come up, though in few
cases we haven't gotten confirmations from the IESG that they
approve our resolutions. But its probably best to put the
document in front of them again.