Subject: [NEXTEL-1] 5 New 3G Phones

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 08:56:30 -0400

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/May2003/5414.htm

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/CNxFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

<script src="http://scripts.cgispy.com/randombanner/javarbanner.cgi?user=3Gtelecoms" language="JavaScript">
</script>

3G
HOME ssAdvertising
and Sponsorship ssFREE
Daily 3G Newsletter

ALL
TODAY'S PRESS RELEASES SEE BELOW

5
New 3G Phones

27th
May 2003

The
phones above are : from left A5401CA, A5402S, A5306ST, A5303H and A1303SA.

Japan
: KDDI Corp and Okinawa Cellular plans to launch five new handsets from
the end of May increasing their new lineup of 3G mobile phones ( CDMA
2000 1x ), a format that enables high-speed data transmission of up
to 144 kbps. All the new phones are Movie Mail-compatible, a function
that allows users to shoot and send seamless movies. The new handsets
scheduled for launch are the A5401CA manufactured by Casio, the A5402S
produced by Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications, the A5306ST and A1303SA
both made by Sanyo, and the A5303H II manufactured by Hitachi.

The new additions
bring the total of CDMA2000 1x handsets to 23, of which 12 phones, or
almost half, are Movie Mail-compatible.

Main features of
the new phones are:

A5401CA - First
au handset with a megapixel camera (1,240,000 pixels)

A5402S - First au handset with QVGA (240 bits x 320 bits), an LCD screen

capable of displaying highly detailed images

A5306ST - Equipped with BREW(TM), a platform enabling high-speed execution
of

high-performance applications

A5303H II - Includes SH-Mobile which enables real-time encoding of movies
shot by

the user, and a twin light

A1303SA - First Global Passport handset with a camera and compatible
with Movie

Mail

About KDDI Corporation

KDDI Corporation
was established in 1984 and is currently the second largest telecommunications
company in Japan, providing a comprehensive range of voice, data, IP
and mobile services to both business customers and consumers. After
merging with KDD and IDO in October, 2000, KDDI serves over 15 million
long-distance subscribers, 1.4 million internet subscribers, 13 million
mobile subscribers, and 5 million PHS subscribers. KDDI has 34,000 km
of highly reliable domestic network infrastructure, in addition to optical
submarine cable systems such as TPC-5, Japan-US CN and China-US CN.
KDDI also works to develop advanced technology in the areas of radio
& mobile, lightwave, multimedia, and Internet communications. The
KDDI Group consists of approx 100 companies covering a wide variety
of telecommunications-related businesses such as engineering, facility
hosting, submarine cable construction, and R&D.

TODAY'S
PRESS RELEASES

Camera
Phone Is World First

Casio
in Japan announces the new Casio A5401CA, the first phone to be equipped
with a 1,24 Mp CCD ( max = 1,240,000 pixels ). The first deliveries will
be to KDDI in Japan.

3G
Centre Helps SARs

Alcatel
will open its 3G Reality Centre in China to application developers in
the Asia Pacific region, to jointly work on multimedia mobile medical
applications to contribute to the current anti-SARS fight.

CDMA2000
1X Chipset Solution for Entry-Level 3G Devices

The
MSM6xxx chipset family are based on radioOne Zero Intermediate Frequency
(ZIF) architecture, providing reduced bill of materials and ultimately
more cost-effective solutions for 3G wireless devices.

Poland
Watches Movies On Mobiles

The
new service enables subscribers to watch popular movies and TV series
on their mobile devices, as well as to listen to favorite radio stations.

LG
5th in Phone Market

Two
years ago, LGE ranked 10th on the global mobile phone market. Today, the
company has wrestled the 5th spot from global mobile phone maker Sony
Ericsson.

5
New 3G Phones

KDDI
Corp and Okinawa Cellular plans to launch five new handsets from the end
of May increasing their new lineup of 3G mobile phones ( CDMA 2000 1x
), a format that enables high-speed data transmission of up to 144 kbps

Secure
Mobile Wi-Fi On Top of 3G Services

Nomadix
and ipUnplugged AB announced complete interoperability between their solutions
for carriers to enable secure seamless roaming across Wi-Fi, GPRS, UMTS
or CDMA while maintaining a single billing solution.

New
Display Module for Camera-Phone Market

Royal
Philips unveiled its newest product targeting the burgeoning camera-phone
market -- a module that includes two color displays and a VGA camera.
Dubbed the Compact Clam Color Camera (C4) Module

3G
Home

Subscribe
To Newsletter

3G
Press Releases

3G
Phone Zone

3G
Fun Zone

3G
New Launches

3G
Events

3G
Reports

3G
Directory

Advertise

All
Material Subject to Copyright. All logos, graphics and trademarks are the
property of their respective owners.