Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Command Alkon Offers GPRS "Tattler" as an alternate to iDENfor the Trunking Industry

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 04:14:10 -0400

Command Alkon Offers GPRS "Tattler" as an alternate to iDEN
TRUCKS & COMPONENTS

May 17, 2003 7:17am

<SNIP>

CA SIGNAL PROGRAM FLAGS UNSCHEDULED STOPS, POURS

Command Alkon has upgraded its Commandsignal product line with three automated signal
options and an
interface for the emerging GPRS wireless standard.

An automatic in-service cue enables users to program a signal of vehicle availability
following a driver's truck
start-up and pre-trip inspection. Additionally, Commandsignal users can now program two
additional signals
for vehicle tracking: One for unscheduled stops, as a mixer is en route to or returning
from a pour and
exceeding any designated break time; the other for unscheduled pours, indicating
unauthorized discharge of
leftover material.

Command Alkon engineers are also creating Commandsignal interfaces for users in areas
covered by the
new general packet radio service (GPRS) standard. Adopted by providers T-Mobile and AT&T
Wireless,
GPRS will provide a wider footprint than services using the existing GSM standard, and an
alternative to the
Nextel/Motorola-supported integrated digital enhanced network (IDEN) service.

http://hoovnews.hoovers.com/fp.asp?layout=query_displaynews&q=NEXTEL&so=&dc=&ro=&ed=&sd=&s=1&boldtext=NEXTEL&sym=&doc_id=NR200305172500.5.4_773a015b48f7c5e7

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/uetFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/