Subject: [mobile-ip] status of routing optimization draft for MIPv4

From: "Niko A. Fikouras" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 14:15:56 +0200

Dear all,

it has been quite some time since I last saw an updated version of the 
routing optimization draft for MIPv4. Does anybody know what the current 
status is?

thanks in advance
niko

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 08:16:00 -0500

> 
> Dear all,
> 
> it has been quite some time since I last saw an updated 
> version of the routing optimization draft for MIPv4. Does anybody know what 
> the current status is?
> 
> thanks in advance
> niko
> 

The route-optimization draft for MIPv4 has expired a while ago. 
The current status is that there is no plan to progress this work
as the need for it does not seem to exist. 

Mobile IPv4 related work will be taken up in the new MIP4 WG that
is in the process of being chartered and as you can see from the
proposed charter there are no plans for route-optim for MIPv4.

-Basavaraj