Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Fire siren & 800Mhz Radio System testing scheduled in Ridgely and Greensboro.

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 May 2003 19:07:10 -0400

Fire siren & 800Mhz Radio System testing scheduled in Ridgely and Greensboro.
04/30/2003

Caroline County Department of Emergency Management and Motorola, Inc. will
be conducting tests today and Thursday as a part of the new 800 MHz radio
system.

The fire siren tests will take place both days in Ridgely and Greensboro,
according to Bryan C. Ebling, Emergency Management Director, between the
times of 8 p.m. and 5 p.m. Ebling said in a written release that the tests "are
necessary to assure the system is operating within specified requirements."

He said testing in other towns will take place in about two weeks, as a part of the
"system optimization" phase with Motorola.

Ebling said his department and Motorola will begin coverage testing on May 19,
and then will begin installing radios in various vehicles, beginning with the
Department of Public Works. After a testing period, radios will then be installed in
police, fire and EMS vehicles.

"We'll be up and running by the end of June at 80 to 90 percent," said Eblin

http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=7869809&BRD=2101&PAG=461&dept_id=392170&rfi=6
--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading!
Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/cjB9SD/od7FAA/uetFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/