Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Question About Nextel Sites

From: "rcwallenb" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 06:19:59 -0000

Does anybody know approximately how may sites Nextel has constructed 
in the U.S.? Came up in a recent discussion and one of the parties 
recalls a figure of 16,000.

Bob
New Orleans 

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/uetFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: "Harry Ekelund" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 08:13:32 -0700

A recent public statement by Nextel noted they have 16,429 sites with about
1500 slated for build-out this year.

Harry J. Ekelund, P.E.  - AE7NY
Marketing Manager
Kathrein - Scala Division

 -----Original Message-----
From: rcwallenb [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: May 22, 2003 11:20 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Question About Nextel Sites

  Bob
  New Orleans

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
              ADVERTISEMENT

  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.

---

From: Don Root <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 13:05:36 -0700

Harry Ekelund wrote:
> A recent public statement by Nextel noted they have 16,429 sites with 
> about 1500 slated for build-out this year.
>  

Concur; at the Interoperability show-'n-tell in Sacramento this week 
they said "approx 16,500."

Don

---

From: Jack Daniel <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 May 2003 09:31:27 -0700

Below is a repost of my comments dated April 28:
(Site data from Nextel's financial press meeting 4-23-03.)

Obviously, the Nextel interference is growing about 10% per year while
Nextel is putting on self-serving 'interoperability' dog and pony shows.

A profit focused cellular company telling public safety people how to
run public safety systems; what's wrong with this picture? 
--------------------

Marcel,
Maybe you should re-post your previous calculation:
$850,000,000 divided by 16429 sites as of 4-23-03 equals:
$51,737 per site for filters and other 'clean-up' work.

Also note that Nextel is adding about 1500 sites per year, so the
interference is increasing as we wait and the cost to correct it is
getting greater.

Tens of thousands of more citizens are now at risk since the 'plan' was
submitted to the FCC. Even if the plan WAS implemented, will Nextel stop
building more interfering sites?

SERIOUSLY! There needs to be a moritorium on building new Nextel sites
that further reduces public safety communications coverage.

But I may be wrong.........
Jack Daniel
============================================

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/CNxFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->