Subject: [NEXTEL-1] GM Commercial Vehicles Offer Even More Customer Satisfaction With Industry-First Wireless Solution

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 13:39:20 -0400

Years after Sprint, Verizon and others inked their car deals Nextel finally lands a deal
with GMC's fleet division. It will be interesting to see how GMC has integrated the i58sr
into their vehicles. The major challenge here will be subscription renewal rate. Only
about 40% of GM's On-Star customers renew if Nextel's program follows the same trend GMC
will pull the plug on this deal quickly.

I guess better late than never.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GM Commercial Vehicles Offer Even More Customer Satisfaction With Industry-First Wireless
Solution

May 19, 2003 10:01am

DETROIT, May 19 /PRNewswire/ -- General Motors Fleet and Commercial Operations (FCO) will
add Gearworks' etrace xt mobile productivity solution, which will run over Nextel's
nationwide network, to its commercial vehicle offering in an
industry-leading move to exceed customer expectations.

"Teaming up with Gearworks and Nextel allows GM to deliver valuable fleet management
capabilities to our commercial
customers, providing them complete visibility to field operations so they can better
measure and utilize resources," said Tim
Cavanaugh, GM FCO marketing product manager.

"We believe customer satisfaction will be increased using the etrace xt technology because
it provides real-time visibility into
field operations and increases the productivity and response time of workers in the field,
helping businesses improve customer
service, reduce operating costs and capitalize on additional revenue opportunities," said
Cavanaugh. "As well, it's easy --
because many of our customers already are using Nextel services so there is little
transition and the actual set-up of the
installation is user friendly and will be up and running in a matter of minutes."

Beginning second quarter 2003, qualifying GM commercial vehicles and fleet customers will
receive a one year subscription to
Gearworks' etrace xt application, a GPS/Java-enabled Nextel i58sr phone, and a one year
subscription to a Nextel Total
Connect data plan when they select the etrace xt package upon purchase of a vehicle
through either the GMC Fit For Profit or
Chevrolet Commercial Customer's Choice promotional programs. Eligible commercial vehicles
include:

-- GMC Sierra and HD pick-ups, Savanna/Savanna Pro full-size vans, Safari vans and Sonoma
compact pick-up trucks.

-- Chevrolet Silverado and HD pick-ups, Express / Express Access full-size vans, Astro
vans and S10 compact pick-ups.

etrace xt is ideally suited for vocations with dispatched mobile workers like
plumbing/HVAC, utilities/telecom, electrical, lawn
care, and repair services.

"GM FCO's mission is to meet and exceed customer expectations. Being the first to offer a
valuable wireless solution to
commercial vehicles customers provides just one more reason for customers to look no
further than GM to provide options for
all their commercial and fleet needs. Additionally, our portfolio of products and services
allow them one-stop shopping, which
saves time and allows them to service their own customers faster and more efficiently,"
said John Gaydash, director of GM
FCO marketing.

Running on Nextel's Java™ technology-enabled i58sr phone with global positioning system
(GPS) capabilities, etrace xt
provides field workers GPS-based driving directions and the ability to manage job
schedules and receive information from
headquarters; a web-based system for dispatchers allowing them to quickly locate vehicles,
track the entire fleet, determine job
status and communicate with workers; and reporting tools to measure key worker performance
metrics. etrace xt allows
organizations to leverage Nextel features they are currently using, such as Nextel Direct
Connect and digital cellular service,
while extending their mobile field service capabilities.

General Motors Corp. (NYSE: GM), the world's largest vehicle manufacturer, employs 349,000
people globally in its core
automotive business and subsidiaries. Founded in 1908, GM has been the global automotive
sales leader since 1931. GM
today has manufacturing operations in 32 countries and its vehicles are sold in more than
190 countries. In 2002, GM sold more than 8.5 million cars and trucks, nearly 15 percent
of the global vehicle market. GM's global headquarters is at the GM
Renaissance Center in Detroit. More information on GM and its products can be found on the
company's consumer website at
www.gm.com

http://hoovnews.hoovers.com/fp.asp?layout=query_displaynews&q=NEXTEL&so=&dc=&ro=&ed=&sd=&s=1&boldtext=NEXTEL&sym=&doc_id=NR200305191680.2_e40b0015531a361c

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/uetFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/