Subject: [NEXTEL-1] interWAVE On The Move As They Prepare To Hit Baghdad

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 May 2003 17:32:03 -0400

I have been "Hyping" interWAVE for some time. This former AT&T Exec., Ph.D., Patent
holding, Priscilla Lu,  who founded this company is making moves like "No Body's
Business".  Last Month their reseller landed an  instrumental US Army contract for rapid
deployment of a Secure GSM network in a BOX at 3 US Army locations around the USA (which
will most likely lead to more). Baghdad is going to benefit from their technology greatly.

This will also help turn around the bottom line for this company. They have been facing
some financial challenges and have been taking steps to reduce capex. Quarterly numbers
are below last year figures and the company is looking to close some deals in Q4-03 to
boost numbers. With sales around $7M they are no Nortel but they are a company with a
"Plan" (and it is not a Scam), regardless this company has potential to become a "Mover
and Shaker" if it can stay a float and do not get hit with a take over bid.

Their methodology has been to tackle copper deprived small countries around the world and
deploy their network instead of copper. They are now starting to penetrate the US market
with force. Once this deployment methodology catches on locally the Feds will be rolling
out their OWN network and dump these "Wanna-Be-Mission-Critical" wireless service
providers (Then they will want their spectrum back they have been giving away recently ).

interWAVE has demonstrated their adaptable technology is ready for  "Mission-Critical"
applications by going through the Military's rigorous performance testing. The system has
also been deployed in the jungles of Africa for an extend period of time out of the back
of a Hummer (the real one not that baby H2).

interWAVE can be deployed in  any flavor Ice-cream that is required ( GSM, CDMA, CDMA2000
sorry they are allergic to iDEN) in a deployable configuration that falls within the
Army's 2 man lift limit. If they Couple their Secure GSM network in a BOX technology with
the Military's secure network already in place and..... POW!  You have a end to end
security (At least nothing  Sadam, Fo-Day and U-day can intercept from their cave).

 http://www.iwv.com

=====================================================================

Interwave Opening Baghdad Office? That Guy Baghdad Bob's Available For Local

MAY 9, 2003

As economic sanctions are eased in Iraq, U.S. companies are eager to deliver
their goods and services into that market. That includes InterWave
Communications, which today apparently announced it will open a sales, network
engineering and customer support office in Baghdad.

According to a press release, the Menlo Park, Calif.-based company says it
already has been approached by organizations wanting to develop wireless
infrastructure in Iraq. The office opening will coincide with the complete
suspension of the U.S. 1990 Iraq Sanctions Act as announced by the U.S.
government on May 7, other U.S. regulations and related UN Security Counsel
Resolutions.

InterWave's system is designed for quick set up and comes ready to link to other
cities and the rest of the world via satellite, microwave or wireline interfaces.

There was no additional information available at deadline; the company's phone
numbers produced constant busy signals and an e-mail sent to chief financial
officer Carl Hoagland was not answered by news@2's deadline.

http://www.wirelessweek.com/index.asp?layout=newsat2direct&starting=3&pubdate=05/09/03