Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Cellular-news for Monday 26th May 2003

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 08:17:34 -0400

[Click Here]

              Monday 26th May 2003
   Americans say motorists should use a hands-free device while driving
   But few actually do as they say

   A new survey released by the mobile phone headset manufacturer,
 Plantronics has revealed that 76% of Americans think motorists should use a
 hands-free...

   3G connection made between Japan and Europe
   Long distance 3G calls

   Alcatel has successfully connected the 3G networks in Japan and The
 Netherlands for a demonstration organised by DoCoMo. Alcatel's SDH systems
 for met...

   Pay for parking with a cell phone
   Can you pay parking fines the same way ?

   First Sound has developed an automated payment system for local councils
 and parking operators that enables motorists to pay for parking using their
 m...

   Code of conduct for MMS content providers
   What will be the sanctions for breaking the rules ?

   In the light of the development of SMS and MMS information and
 entertainment services,Belgium's Mobistar and Proximus, have presented a
 code of conduc...

   GSM coverage improvements for India
   Focus on roads

   India's Bharti Tele-Ventures says that it is planning a major expansion of
 its coverage in the Andhra Pradesh, Chennai & Tamil Nadu license circles.
 T...

   Recycled components used in cell phone accessories
   Eco friendly battery chargers

   Japan's DoCoMo says that it is the first Japanese mobile operator to
 incorporate recycled ABS resin in mobile phone accessories. The first
 resin-based...

   Bluetooth appearing in more vehicles
   Easier to connect phones to handsfree

   Nearly 20% of all new vehicles worldwide will contain embedded Bluetooth
 hardware by 2007, according to the findings of a new Allied Business
 Intellig...

   Cellphones to control toy cars
   Whatever next - a kitchen sink ?

   NEC has announced a technical cooperation with the Japanese toy
 manufacturer, Konami to enable cell phones to control its range of MICROiR
 toys cars. ...

   Telefonica to consolidate its mediation software provision
   Good deal for Finnish firm

   Telefonica Moviles has selected the mediation and provisioning software
 company, Comptel Corp. of Finland to provide its event mediation and content
 c...

   Maldives gets international SMS facility
   More connectivity for island nation

   The Maldives based GSM network, Dhiraagu has introduced an international
 SMS service which will make it possible for DhiMobile customers in the
 Maldiv...