Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Boost Mobile Expands Retail Footprint

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 07:33:53 -0400

Boost Mobile Expands Retail Footprint

MAY 12, 2003

Broadening its reach into the youth market, Boost Mobile says it has placed its
prepaid wireless offering in nearly 200 Target retail stores in California and
Nevada.

Boost's phones and services, which include the 'Boost 2Way' push-to-talk
feature, are the key elements of a trial by Nextel Communications, which wants
to test the potential for becoming a major player in the consumer wireless
market.

Boost, which had 60,000 subscribers as of March 31, already sells through a
variety of retail channels, including non-traditional wireless outlets such as surf
shops. Entry into such a major mainstream retail channel as Target could provide
another major test that will help determine whether Nextel eventually decides to
take the product national. Target is a major retail channel for other
youth-oriented products such as CDs, DVDs and video games.

The current Boost offering at Target, aimed squarely at the youth demographic,
is an i50sx iDEN phone sold for $59.99 after rebates. The service costs 25 cents
per minute, charged on a 'pay as you go' basis. Unlimited use of Boost 2Way
costs $1 per day, while unlimited text messaging and wireless Web access cost
20 cents per day.

http://www.wirelessweek.com/index.asp?layout=document&doc_id=119028&verticalID=34&vertical=Business+and+Finance&industry=

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Rent DVDs Online - Over 14,500 titles.
No Late Fees & Free Shipping.
Try Netflix for FREE!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/YoVfrB/XP.FAA/uetFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/