Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel & PCS Billing, Service Issues Top Wireless Complaints

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 May 2003 15:42:02 -0400

Nextel & PCS Billing, Service Issues Top Wireless Complaints

MAY 8, 2003

Despite an increased focus on customer service and retention, billing and service
problems still top the list of consumer complaints about wireless companies.
According to PlanetFeedback, a consumer intelligence firm that analyzed nearly
18,000 letters from consumers to wireless companies, 80 percent of all feedback
to wireless firms involves complaints and more than half of them were about
billing, payment and customer service problems.

Topping the list of firms with the highest percentage of complaints was MCI
WorldCom Wireless, in which 81 percent of all complaints were billing and service
related. That result should soon change since WorldCom, which resold wireless
service on various carriers' networks, last summer announced it was exiting the
wireless business and was migrating those subscribers to other operators.

Also high on the complaint list were Sprint PCS and Nextel Communications, both
of which experienced 63 percent of billing and service related complaints.
PlanetFeedback says that for consumers, billing problems include overcharges,
fees that are higher than promised at contract signing, problems getting refunds
or credits, unexpected roaming fees and difficulties with contested bills being
reported to credit-reporting or collection agencies. Service-related calls were
typically complaining about dropped calls and coverage gaps.

http://www.wirelessweek.com/index.asp?layout=newsat2direct&starting=4&pubdate=05/08/03

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Rent DVDs Online - Over 14,500 titles.
No Late Fees & Free Shipping.
Try Netflix for FREE!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/YoVfrB/XP.FAA/uetFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/