Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Re: Nevada

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 17 May 2003 22:09:53 -0400

-------- Original Message --------
   From: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Nevada

Would you people wake up!  Its not about what is good and what isn't good.  It's not about
VHF vs 800 or anything else for that matter.  The NHP system is not licensed either
appropriately or maybe at all.  What makes NHP, or any of you, think unlicensed operation
is not the issue?

The ability to use centralized trunking in FCC VHF spectrum is very iffy.  Heck before the
changes to 47 CFR 90.187 adopted as part of the Refarming proceeding, it was essentially
impossible to use centralized trunking in the FCC VHF and UHF shared spectrum bands.  Even
with the changes to 90.187 being able to use centrally trunked VHF solutions is very
unlikely.

Maybe NHP was sold a bill of goods on VHF trunking? Let the NV AG figure that one out!
The only true discernible fact that I have found is the truth that either NHP or someone
at NHP chose to commence operations in an unlicensed manner, and has continued to do so
for a number of years.  Why you ask?   Probably because he/she/they knew VHF centralized
trunking would not be legally compliant with the relevant FCC rules.

If you ask me, it is time somebody tells the NHP and all of the other players to stop "the
song and dance," and lets have the real story.  By the way, make sure that there is an
INDEPENDENT expert available when the allegedly real story is being told.  I am very leery
anyone can rely on the truthfulness of anything that is being said unless there is someone
present who can stand up and yell BS loud and clear when the storyteller strays from the
truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

I personally think someone or several people should become the guest of the NV or federal
penal systems for this grotesque and brazen disregard of the FCC rules.  It would send the
kind of message about compliance with the rules that needs to be transmitted loud and
clear to all FCC licensees.

If, however, these renegades try to justify the NHP actions as consistent with the FCC
rules, then I think we all need to ask "When did NV secede from the Union?"

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/uetFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/