Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Linux powered software radio supports APCO25]

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 16:40:37 -0400

-------- Original Message --------
From: Ian Wraith <[email-masked]>
Subject:  Linux powered software radio supports APCO25

Hello All
          Some of you might be interested in this article ..

http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS7890250038.html

also this which is a good introduction to GnuRadio and software radio
in general ..

http://www.ettus.com/sdr/sdr_seminar_2002.pdf

Regards

Ian

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Rent DVDs from home.
Over 14,500 titles. Free Shipping
& No Late Fees. Try Netflix for FREE!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/BVVfoB/hP.FAA/uetFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: Rick Parrish <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 18:58:37 -0500

Two points ...

1. the VANU product does not use GNU Radio. There is no P25 decoder in
the GNU radio sources (which haven't been updated since July of last
year).

2. the software library that the VANU product does use boasts the
following (see below). Check out the "under development" section. Hmmmm
....

-rick

http://www.vanu.com/prodcapabilities.html

Currently
Available:

Cellular/PCS:

AMPS (IS-91), TDMA (IS-136), GSM (900/1800
and 1900 MHz)

Data:

CDPD

Legacy:

AM/FM broadcast, Land Mobile Radio

Public safety:

APCO 25

Television:

NTSC, HDTV

Layers 1 & 2
Implemented:

802.11b, Mobitex, GPRS

Under Development:

DAB, EDGE, WCDMA, iDEN, CDMA (IS-95)

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

ADVERTISEMENT

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.