Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Ah! So this is what was wrong with Timmy!

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 16:38:58 -0400

Ah! So this is what was wrong with Timmy!

<SNIP>
John Ramsay, executive director at  APCO (Association of Public-Safety Communication
Officials ), has resigned.

Timmy  must have known his biggest supporter of  the "Plan Scam" is having serious
management problems this morning . This could be a major set back for Timmy. APCO
"appeared" to be one of the major organizers who rallied the other Public Safety
Organizations to support the "Plan Sam".

With Nextel going head to head with Motorola now is not the time to show weakness.  I bet
the Motorola is going to exploit this weakness.  Sharkey is probably doing his job and
formulating a Spectrum Strategy as I type. The Big question is who's going to step up
next??? Greg Ballentine?? Jack D.? Vinny Stile?? Sam Donaldson???  DAWG?? Who knows?

I'm sadden to hear PSWN funding has been cut. They are one of the most useful Federal
groups around. With great symposiums and in depth documentation Libary they were the "Go
To" people for facts without the spin. They are the bridge that connects the private
sector to the Federal  Government.

Timing could not have been worse, just when they starting to make some positive moves on
the interoperability chart they get the budget AX. The White House should suck some money
out of NTIA and redirect it to the PSWN program.

Maybe Nextel who still owes APCO millions can redirect some of those funds designated for
some of the PSAP's.
 Many of them still can't figure out how to implement E-911 Phase II.  Seeing some of
those  E-911 reports  coming across my desk half of the administrators have not even
contacted wireless carriers to work out co-ordination issues.

When the Courts catch up and fine Nextel for charging that bogus "Federal Recovery Charge"
$1.55  maybe that could be redirect the funds back to the E-911 to make up for any short
falls I know it is a lot of maybes.......hey it worth a try!

Now that the Feds have raised the Alert Level To

HIGH RISK....(ORANGE)...

PSWN is  part of MISSION CRITICAL COMMUNICATIONS.

NTIA has become a "DuD" just sitting back and enjoying the ride not aware of the world
around them. In late January one high ranking NTIA member told an audience of Federal,
State and local public Safety Officials that Nextel was only contributing $500M towards
relocation of incumbents in actuality the amount was raised to $850M the year before. The
NTIA member went on to recite details from "Old The Plan Scam".  This is scary...
(http://www.pswn.gov/admin/librarydocs11\Los_Angeles_Symposium_Compilation_Report.pdf )

If NTIA is consolidated as proposed they should be able to save some $$$ since many
positions will be duplicated in the new office.

I think there are more problems on the way.

STAY TUNED- SAME BAT TIME - SAME BAT CHANNEL

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 17:32:25 -0400

Jack D,

I have some good news and some bad news..........................

The bad news is you did not get the job at APCO
The good news is neither did Timmy!

I'm sure you know........Vinny got it.........

:) :) :)

[email-masked] wrote:

> John Ramsay, executive director at  APCO (Association of Public-Safety Communication Officials ),
> has resigned.
>
> The Big question is who's going to step up next??? Greg Ballentine?? Jack D.? Vinny Stile?? Sam
> Donaldson???  DAWG?? Who knows?

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/uetFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: Jack Daniel <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 May 2003 07:42:24 -0700

That's actually good news and good news.
I have never wanted a 'job at APCO'. 

======================================================

[email-masked] wrote:
>                    Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/CNxFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->