Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Re: Nevada Licensing Debacle

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 17:37:07 -0400

-------- Original Message --------
   From: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Nevada Licensing Debacle

In a message dated 5/21/2003 10:24:33 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
[email-masked] writes:

> I'd agree that it is the joint responsibility of the buyer and seller
> to assure that the licensing is properly handled but a "full service"
> vendor (Motorola and M-A/COM for example) would and should make the
> necessary arrangements to secure a competent party (typically a
> communications attorney or one of the more reliable licensing
> assistance firms)to address the need.

Well, heck, Bob, when the person responsible for licensing at the
customer/agency is ALSO a frequency coordinator, if I were the
manufacturer I'd feel pretty comfy that your very appropriate criteria
above has/have been satisfied.

Alan T.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading!
Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/aM1XQD/od7FAA/uetFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 17:38:21 -0400

------- Original Message --------
From: Jack Daniel <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Nevada Licensing Debacle

Don't jump to comclusions on this one.

Just becuase the local alternate APCO freq advisor (who is NOT a FCC
coordinator!) is emplyed by the agency does NOT inherently mean they
have the authority within thier agency to approve FCC applications.

It may not have happened in this case, but there are many cases where a
department head drops the ball even when his own people are doing the
right thing.  

I personally know of two other large agencies that have lost channels,
etc. because the 'boss' didn't think FCC correspondence was important
and ignored repeated warnings from thier technical staff. In both cases
it took a lot of money to correct the sutuation.

There are some strong willed individuals that would rather sink the ship
than give any credit to a lowly seaman screaming iceberg ahead.

Jack Daniel
=======================================