Subject: [NEXTEL-1] XTL 5000 Digital Mobile Radio

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 May 2003 00:34:25 -0400

I'm sure glad Motorola is above the law and does not need to comply with the FCC rules in
particular  47 C.F.R. § 2.803 Marketing of Radio Frequency Devices Prior to Equipment
Authorization. I'm sure moto will pull it once they see this.

http://www.motorola.com/cgiss/mobiles/xtl5000.shtml

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Rent DVDs from home.
Over 14,500 titles. Free Shipping
& No Late Fees. Try Netflix for FREE!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/BVVfoB/hP.FAA/uetFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

Home - About Motorola - Products and Services - Shop

Search

Industry & Government

Radios & Devices

Two-way Radio

Mobile Radios

Portable Radios

Mobile & Fixed Data

Telario Systems

Accessories

Harmony System

Communication Networks

Applications

Services

News

Success Stories

How to Buy

Global Regions

Recipient of the
2002 Malcolm Baldrige
National Quality Award

Read More...

XTLTM5000 Digital Mobile Radio

(available June 2003)

Product Description

The XTL™ 5000 Digital Mobile Radio with its new architecture and design, is equipped to meet the most demanding needs of your organization. This robust Project 25 compliant mobile assures crisp, continuous and high quality communication. The XTL 5000 is for radio users who require high performance, quality and reliability in their daily communications.

Back to Top

Key Capabilities

System Configurations

The XTLTM 5000 mobile radio is capable of the following: ASTRO 25 Digital Trunking, ASTRO® Analog and Digital Trunking, and Analog and Digital Conventional

Enhanced Frequency Spectrum Utilization

The XTLTM 5000 mobile radio is designed to offer multiple frequency band solutions for perfect system optimization in congested urban areas or wider country regions. Motorola currently offers the 700/800 MHz dual band (764-870MHz), 10-35 watt variable power. Future rollouts will include UHF Range 1 10-40watt, expanding the frequency span by starting at 380MHz (380-470MHz) as well as VHF (136-174MHz), 10-50 watt.

Integrated Voice and Data

The XTL 5000 mobile radio is capable of further enhancements such as Integrated Voice and Data and Status Message Service.

Control Head Variety

The XTL 5000 mobile is available in five different control head configurations including the W3 Handheld Control Head, W4, W5, W7 and W9 ASTRO Spectra control heads. It is also available with W4, W5, and W7 Motorcycle Control Head configurations providing a water resistant control head. Fielded ASTRO Spectra Control heads can be reused with the new mobile transceiver. The XTL 5000 mobile will be upgradeable to next generation Control Heads and features in the future.

Motorcycle Configuration

Along with the standard mobile configurations, the XTL 5000 can also be ordered as a Motorcycle mobile radio. Specific options provide water resistant microphone, speakers and control heads for Motorcycle applications along with an enclosure for mounting the mobile transceiver.

Enhanced Encryption

The security features of the XTL 5000 mobile include Type III and Type IV encryption including DES, DES-XL, DES-OFB, DVI-XL, DVP-XL and AES algorithms.

FLASHport Software Upgrades

Allows you to add capabilities and features to your radios as your communication needs evolve.

Back to Top

Features

The XTL 5000 Digital Mobile Radio offers an array of exceptional features that benefit the customer, including:

Variety of control head configurations available

Motorcycle 10-15 watt variable power

Supports 512 channels with all Control Heads

Dash or Remote Mount

Supports most ASTRO Spectra Accessories

Dual Control Head Capability

Control Station Operation

Windows®-based Customer Programming Software (CPS)

Meets Military Standards 810, C, D, E and F

Back to Top

Specifications

To find out more specifications of the XTL 5000 Digital Mobile Radio, see the Catalog Sheet:

Coming Soon!

Back to Top

Frequently Asked Questions

What are the differences between the different Control Head options of the XTL 5000 Digital Mobile Radio?

The W3 Handheld Control Head has a 2 line/14 character alphanumeric display and a 3 x 6 keypad with programmable soft keys.

The W4 Control Head offers an 8 character alphanumeric display, Rotary Mode and Volume Control and Dialing from prestored lists.

The W5 Control Head is similar to the W4 control head offering an 8 character alphanumeric display and Dialing from prestored lists but utilizes Electronic Mode and Volume Controls.

The W7 Control Head offers an 8 character alphanumeric display, Electronic Mode and Volume Controls and a 3 x 4 keypad for direct dialing.

The W9 Control Head is the largest of the Control Head options with an 11 character alphanumeric display, 3 x 4 keypad for direct dialing and Electronic Mode and Volume Controls. This Control Head Model is capable of remote mount only.

Does the XTL 5000 allow for interoperability between system platforms?

The XTL 5000 is designed with backward compatibility to allow its users to communicate on the existing Analog Conventional, Digital Conventional, Analog Trunking and ASTRO systems, while also being able to operate on the new APCO Project 25 Trunked and Conventional systems. By offering the best solution for seamless statewide coverage, the XTL 5000 is one of the most interoperable mobile radios ever developed.

How important is the Project 25 compliance?

The APCO Project 25 is an open architecture digital Standard for Public Safety Government Communications Systems that assures interoperability of P25 equipment from multiple vendors; maximizes spectrum efficiency; provides for graceful migration from analog through future digital technologies with backward compatibility with existing systems; allows effective, efficient and reliable intra-agency and inter-agency communications to scale in size from small individual users to wide-area regional systems.

What enhancements does the Windows®-based CPS introduce?

The Customer Programming Software (CPS) provides an improved user interface in a friendly Windows® environment including an easy navigation in a familiar setting; the ability to copy information quickly from one file to another; password protection enhancing security; printable data from within a file; fast and easy answers to questions; conversion of DOS files into Windows® files; and prevention of incorrect data insertion.

Back to Top

Network Availability

The XTL 5000 Digital Mobile Radio is available on the following networks:

Digital or Analog

Conventional or Trunking

Encryption

APCO Project 25 Capable

12.5/25 kHz channel spacing

7/800 MHz frequency band

Back to Top

Support Materials

If you would like to read more about the XTL 5000 Digital Mobile Radio, refer to these support materials:

Coming Soon!

Back to Top

Contact Us |
Terms of Use |
Privacy Practices

© Copyright 1994-2003 Motorola, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Product Information

Description

Key Capabilities

Features

Specifications

FAQ

Network Availability

Support Materials

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 05:37:44 -0400

Wow....

Must be nice to be Motorola............

Instead of pulling the web page that has been up for some time (prior to applying for an
FCC Equipment Authorization) Moto just applies for an Equipment Authorization on 5/9/03
and it is granted on 5/9/03, coincidentally the same day I posted the message below.

GRANT:

https://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/prod/oet/cf/tcb/Tcb731GrantForm.cfm?mode=COPY&RequestTimeOut=500&application_id=187871&fcc_id=AZ492FT5823

Things that make you go Hmmmmmmm......

5/09/03 Marcel wrote:

>     --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> [Motorola]                                   [Making things smarter and life better]
>    Home - About Motorola - Products and Services - Shop                      Search
>   [Image]                                                                                                                           Product Information

    [Image]Industry & Government                                            (available June 2003)
                                                                             [Image]Product Description
    [Image]Radios & Devices
                                                                              [XTL5000]The XTL™ 5000 Digital Mobile Radio with           [Image]
    [Image][Image]Two-way Radio                                                        its new architecture and design, is               Description
                                                                             equipped to meet the most demanding needs of your
                                                                             organization. This robust Project 25 compliant
    [Image][Image]Mobile Radios                                              mobile assures crisp, continuous and high quality           [Image] Key
                                                                             communication. The XTL 5000 is for radio users who
                                                                             require high performance, quality and reliability in        Capabilities
    [Image][Image]Portable Radios                                            their daily communications.

                                                                                                                       Back to Top       [Image]
    [Image][Image]Mobile & Fixed Data
                                                                                                                                         Features
                                                                             [Image]Key Capabilities
    [Image][Image]Telario Systems
                                                                                * System Configurations                                  [Image]
                                                                                  The XTLTM 5000 mobile radio is capable of the
    [Image][Image]Accessories                                                     following: ASTRO 25 Digital Trunking, ASTRO®           Specifications

                                                                                  Analog and Digital Trunking, and Analog and
                                                                                  Digital Conventional                                   [Image] FAQ
    [Image][Image]Harmony System                                                * Enhanced Frequency Spectrum Utilization
                                                                                  The XTLTM 5000 mobile radio is designed to
    [Image]Communication Networks                                                 offer multiple frequency band solutions for
                                                                                  perfect system optimization in congested urban         [Image]
                                                                                  areas or wider country regions. Motorola
                                                                                                                                         Network
    [Image]Applications                                                           currently offers the 700/800 MHz dual band             Availability
                                                                                  (764-870MHz), 10-35 watt variable power. Future
                                                                                  rollouts will include UHF Range 1 10-40watt,
    [Image]Services                                                               expanding the frequency span by starting at
                                                                                  380MHz (380-470MHz) as well as VHF
                                                                                                                                         Support
    [Image]News                                                                   (136-174MHz), 10-50 watt.                              Materials
                                                                                * Integrated Voice and Data
                                                                                  The XTL 5000 mobile radio is capable of further
    [Image]Success Stories                                                        enhancements such as Integrated Voice and Data
                                                                                  and Status Message Service.
                                                                                * Control Head Variety
    [Image]How to Buy                                                             The XTL 5000 mobile is available in five
                                                                                  different control head configurations including
                                                                                  the W3 Handheld Control Head, W4, W5, W7 and W9
                                                                                  ASTRO Spectra control heads. It is also
                                                                                  available with W4, W5, and W7 Motorcycle
                                                                                  Control Head configurations providing a water
                                                                                  resistant control head. Fielded ASTRO Spectra
    Global Regions                                                                Control heads can be reused with the new mobile
                                                                                  transceiver. The XTL 5000 mobile will be
                                                                                  upgradeable to next generation Control Heads
  [Image]                                                                         and features in the future.
                                                                                * Motorcycle Configuration
                                                                Recipient         Along with the standard mobile configurations,
                                                                of the            the XTL 5000 can also be ordered as a
                                                                2002              Motorcycle mobile radio. Specific options
                                                                Malcolm           provide water resistant microphone, speakers
                                                                                  and control heads for Motorcycle applications
  [CGISS Receives 2002 Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award] Baldrige          along with an enclosure for mounting the mobile
                                                                National
                                                                Quality           transceiver.
                                                                Award           * Enhanced Encryption
                                                                     Read         The security features of the XTL 5000 mobile
                                                                More...           include Type III and Type IV encryption
                                                                                  including DES, DES-XL, DES-OFB, DVI-XL, DVP-XL
                                                                                  and AES algorithms.
                                                                                * FLASHport Software Upgrades
                                                                                  Allows you to add capabilities and features to
                                                                                  your radios as your communication needs evolve.

                                                                                                                       Back to Top

                                                                             [Image]Features

                                                                             The XTL 5000 Digital Mobile Radio offers an array of
                                                                             exceptional features that benefit the customer,
                                                                             including:

                                                                                * Variety of control head configurations
                                                                                  available
                                                                                * Motorcycle 10-15 watt variable power
                                                                                * Supports 512 channels with all Control Heads
                                                                                * Dash or Remote Mount
                                                                                * Supports most ASTRO Spectra Accessories
                                                                                * Dual Control Head Capability
                                                                                * Control Station Operation
                                                                                * Windows®-based Customer Programming Software
                                                                                  (CPS)
                                                                                * Meets Military Standards 810, C, D, E and F

                                                                                                                       Back to Top

                                                                             [Image]Specifications

                                                                             [Image]  To find out more specifications of the XTL
                                                                             5000 Digital Mobile Radio, see the Catalog Sheet:
                                                                             Coming Soon!

                                                                                                                       Back to Top

                                                                             [Image]Frequently Asked Questions

                                                                                * What are the differences between the different
                                                                                  Control Head options of the XTL 5000 Digital
                                                                                  Mobile Radio?
                                                                                  The W3 Handheld Control Head has a 2 line/14
                                                                                  character alphanumeric display and a 3 x 6
                                                                                  keypad with programmable soft keys.

                                                                                  The W4 Control Head offers an 8 character
                                                                                  alphanumeric display, Rotary Mode and Volume
                                                                                  Control and Dialing from prestored lists.

                                                                                  The W5 Control Head is similar to the W4
                                                                                  control head offering an 8 character
                                                                                  alphanumeric display and Dialing from prestored
                                                                                  lists but utilizes Electronic Mode and Volume
                                                                                  Controls.

                                                                                  The W7 Control Head offers an 8 character
                                                                                  alphanumeric display, Electronic Mode and
                                                                                  Volume Controls and a 3 x 4 keypad for direct
                                                                                  dialing.

                                                                                  The W9 Control Head is the largest of the
                                                                                  Control Head options with an 11 character
                                                                                  alphanumeric display, 3 x 4 keypad for direct
                                                                                  dialing and Electronic Mode and Volume
                                                                                  Controls. This Control Head Model is capable of
                                                                                  remote mount only.
                                                                                * Does the XTL 5000 allow for interoperability
                                                                                  between system platforms?
                                                                                  The XTL 5000 is designed with backward
                                                                                  compatibility to allow its users to communicate
                                                                                  on the existing Analog Conventional, Digital
                                                                                  Conventional, Analog Trunking and ASTRO
                                                                                  systems, while also being able to operate on
                                                                                  the new APCO Project 25 Trunked and
                                                                                  Conventional systems. By offering the best
                                                                                  solution for seamless statewide coverage, the
                                                                                  XTL 5000 is one of the most interoperable
                                                                                  mobile radios ever developed.
                                                                                * How important is the Project 25 compliance?
                                                                                  The APCO Project 25 is an open architecture
                                                                                  digital Standard for Public Safety Government
                                                                                  Communications Systems that assures
                                                                                  interoperability of P25 equipment from multiple
                                                                                  vendors; maximizes spectrum efficiency;
                                                                                  provides for graceful migration from analog
                                                                                  through future digital technologies with
                                                                                  backward compatibility with existing systems;
                                                                                  allows effective, efficient and reliable
                                                                                  intra-agency and inter-agency communications to
                                                                                  scale in size from small individual users to
                                                                                  wide-area regional systems.
                                                                                * What enhancements does the Windows®-based CPS
                                                                                  introduce?
                                                                                  The Customer Programming Software (CPS)
                                                                                  provides an improved user interface in a
                                                                                  friendly Windows® environment including an easy
                                                                                  navigation in a familiar setting; the ability
                                                                                  to copy information quickly from one file to
                                                                                  another; password protection enhancing
                                                                                  security; printable data from within a file;
                                                                                  fast and easy answers to questions; conversion
                                                                                  of DOS files into Windows® files; and
                                                                                  prevention of incorrect data insertion.

                                                                                                                       Back to Top

                                                                             [Image]Network Availability

                                                                             The XTL 5000 Digital Mobile Radio is available on
                                                                             the following networks:

                                                                                * Digital or Analog
                                                                                * Conventional or Trunking
                                                                                * Encryption
                                                                                * APCO Project 25 Capable
                                                                                * 12.5/25 kHz channel spacing
                                                                                * 7/800 MHz frequency band

                                                                                                                       Back to Top

                                                                             [Image]Support Materials

                                                                             If you would like to read more about the XTL 5000
                                                                             Digital Mobile Radio, refer to these support
                                                                             materials:
                                                                             Coming Soon!

                                                                                                                       Back to Top

                                                                                Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Practices
                                                                                © Copyright 1994-2003 Motorola, Inc. All Rights
                                                                                                   Reserved

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG