Subject: [NEXTEL-1] New Motorola CLS Series Professional Two-Way Radio- All For $169.00

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 03:28:43 -0400

Motorola Improves Customer Service with New Two-Way Radio Technology for the Restaurant
and Retail Industries

CLS Series Provides Reliable Communication in Fast-Paced Environments

ATLANTA, GA – 15 May 2003 -- Building on its history of success with two-way radio
technology, Motorola, Inc., (NYSE:MOT) announced today its newest line of business two-way
radios: the CLS Series. Recognizing the need for a compact, easy-to-use solution, Motorola
CLS Series business two-way radios provide retail and restaurant users the ability to
communicate in fast-paced environments while maintaining superior customer service.

The Motorola CLS Series radios have been designed to answer the growing demand of retail
and restaurant users who are looking for a lightweight and affordable wireless
communication solution to help maintain business efficiency and competitive edge. With an
easily accessible Push-To-Talk (PTT) button on the front of the radio combined with the
headset accessory, users can have instant access to co-workers and easily manage requests
and tasks with hands-free convenience (hands-free available on 1410 model with optional
accessory).

“Our customers and resellers continually look to us to provide the next-generation in
business communication. We developed the new CLS Series of radios to bring our customers a
product that will enhance their business productivity and increase service and
satisfaction,” said Motorola marketing communications manager, Rafael Rivera. “Motorola
customers can be confident that they can now get the reliable two-way communication that
they need in a compact lightweight form.”
Designed for non-stop environments like restaurants and retail outlets, the CLS two-way
radios are durable and lightweight. Weighing just under five ounces, the radios can be
worn or held for long periods of time without burdening the user, allowing them to keep up
with constantly changing surroundings and customer demands. The rechargeable Lithium Ion
batteries provide the CLS with up to 12 hours of battery life, outlasting a typical
eight-hour work shift. Simple and easy to use, CLS Series radios are ideal for high
employee turnover industries.

Incorporating features designed specifically for everyday work conditions, the CLS Series
is ideal for business use. Operating on 56 business exclusive frequencies and featuring
121 codes, the CLS will help ensure a clear signal is readily available (FCC license
required). Drop-in charging (charger included standard with each radio) and the optional
CCS (Cloning, Charging, Storage) Station help keep CLS radios centrally located and
charged. The keypad lock feature helps prevent accidental changes to settings -- limiting
unnecessary downtime. In addition, dual pin accessory connections help bolster product
durability and longevity.

The radios are equipped with three selectable call tones and the VibraCall® Alert feature
(available on the 1410 model) that silently notifies the user of incoming transmissions
with a vibration. In even the busiest and noisiest rush-hour periods, retail and
restaurant users can rely on CLS two-way radios for continuous communication.

Keeping the flow of communication open, the CLS radios are also available in single or
multi-channel models allowing users to communicate one-on-one or with separate work
groups.  CLS Series radios are available in one-watt models, providing a range up to five
miles, 200,000 square feet or up to 15 floors (range varies based on terrain and
conditions).

With a one-year U.S. limited replacement warranty, the Motorola CLS Business Two-Way Radio
has a manufacturer’s suggested retail price starting at $ 169 with no monthly service
charges, air-time fees or connection costs (FCC license required). In addition, a variety
of accessories are available to further customize the CLS Series radio. To locate the
nearest retailer of Motorola CLS Series Professional Two-Way Radios, please call
1-800-448-6686.

About Motorola

Motorola, Inc. (NYSE:MOT) is a global leader in providing integrated communications and
embedded electronic solutions.  Sales in 2002 were $27.3 billion. Motorola is a global
corporate citizen dedicated to ethical business practices and pioneering important
technologies that make things smarter and life better for people, honored traditions that
began when the company was founded 75 years ago this year.  For more information, please
visit: www.motorola.com.
Images of the CLS Series radios can be seen at:

www.motorola.com/mediacenter/graphics/list/0,1099,33-1,00.html

Here is the draft manual-

https://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/prod/oet/forms/blobs/retrieve.cgi?attachment_id=311925&native_or_pdf=pdf

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/uetFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/