Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Re: 800 MHz Update: Motorola suggests technical solution to P/S interference issue]

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 May 2003 13:47:15 -0400

Actually the FCC recently asked manufactures for "Their" solution and Moto pulled that out
of their old toy box.  Now the FCC is asking the iDEN group for their solution. Let us see
if Timmy lets them talk.

-------- Original Message --------
From: "ks4vt" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: 800 MHz Update: Motorola suggests technical solution to P/S interference
issue

This fix was actually presented to the MTUG (Motorola Trunked Users 
Group) last year and is not a new fix.  I would suspect that NEXTEL 
requested Motorola to keep it quiet to see if the re-band plan would 
become reality, but this is just a hunch.

With all the bad press and life safety issues at stake, I'm sure 
Motorola doesn't want to be held liable if they didn't publish the 
information.  

Well lets see, the MTS 2000 modification, if I remember correctly, is 
about $150.00 thru depot, so that divided into $500 Million is 
3,333,333 radios and divided into $750 Million is 5,000,000 radios.

Maybe NEXTEL paying to modify the radios is a better solution, at 
least if the majority of the radios are MTS2000.  I know that the 
majority of mine are.

Mark

"Art Snapper" <art@n...> 
wrote:
> Could I infer that Motorola intends to present "replacement of the 
inferior
> radios" as a solution to spend Nextel's money? This of course would 
be an
> alternative to rebanding!
> So if Motorola is still a shareholder of Nextel, they would be 
paying
> themselves to fix the problem?
> 
> This is beginning to sound political.
> 
> 
> Art Snapper NK8X
> State Systems Radio, Inc
> art@n...
>

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Rent DVDs from home.
Over 14,500 titles. Free Shipping
& No Late Fees. Try Netflix for FREE!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/BVVfoB/hP.FAA/uetFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/