Subject: [NEXTEL-1] XTL-5000(AKA Millenium Mobile)- Moto's First 700 Mhz & 800 Mhz Dual Band Digital Mobile

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 May 2003 10:27:41 -0400

XTLTM5000 Digital Mobile Radio

(available June 2003)

Product Description

The XTL™ 5000 Digital Mobile Radio with
its new architecture and design, is
equipped to meet the most demanding
needs of your organization. This robust
Project 25 compliant mobile assures crisp,
continuous and high quality
communication. The XTL 5000 is for radio
users who require high performance, quality and reliability in their daily
communications.

[XTL5000]

Key Capabilities
System Configurations
The XTLTM 5000 mobile radio is capable of the following: ASTRO 25
Digital Trunking, ASTRO Analog and Digital Trunking, and Analog
and Digital Conventional

Enhanced Frequency Spectrum Utilization

The XTLTM 5000 mobile radio is designed to offer multiple frequency
band solutions for perfect system optimization in congested urban
areas or wider country regions.

Motorola currently offers the 700/800
MHz dual band (764-870MHz), 10-35 watt variable power.

Future rollouts will include UHF Range 1 10-40watt,
expanding the frequency span by starting at 380MHz
(380-470MHz) as well as VHF
(136-174MHz), 10-50 watt.

Integrated Voice and Data

The XTL 5000 mobile radio is capable of further enhancements such
as Integrated Voice and Data and Status Message Service.

Control Head Variety

The XTL 5000 mobile is available in five different control head
configurations including the W3 Handheld Control Head, W4, W5, W7
and W9 ASTRO Spectra control heads. It is also available with W4,
W5, and W7 Motorcycle Control Head configurations providing a water
resistant control head. Fielded ASTRO Spectra Control heads can be
reused with the new mobile transceiver. The XTL 5000 mobile will be
upgradeable to next generation Control Heads and features in the
future.

Motorcycle Configuration

Along with the standard mobile configurations, the XTL 5000 can also
be ordered as a Motorcycle mobile radio. Specific options provide
water resistant microphone, speakers and control heads for
Motorcycle applications along with an enclosure for mounting the
mobile transceiver.

Enhanced Encryption

The security features of the XTL 5000 mobile include Type III and Type
IV encryption including DES, DES-XL, DES-OFB, DVI-XL, DVP-XL and
AES algorithms.

FLASHport Software Upgrades
Allows you to add capabilities and features to your radios as your
communication needs evolve.

Features

The XTL 5000 Digital Mobile Radio offers an array of exceptional features that
benefit the customer, including:

Variety of control head configurations available
Motorcycle 10-15 watt variable power
Supports 512 channels with all Control Heads
Dash or Remote Mount
Supports most ASTRO Spectra Accessories
Dual Control Head Capability
Control Station Operation
Windows®-based Customer Programming Software (CPS)
Meets Military Standards 810, C, D, E and F

Frequently Asked Questions

What are the differences between the different Control Head
options of the XTL 5000 Digital Mobile Radio?
The W3 Handheld Control Head has a 2 line/14 character
alphanumeric display and a 3 x 6 keypad with programmable soft
keys.

The W4 Control Head offers an 8 character alphanumeric display,
Rotary Mode and Volume Control and Dialing from prestored lists.

The W5 Control Head is similar to the W4 control head offering an 8
character alphanumeric display and Dialing from prestored lists but
utilizes Electronic Mode and Volume Controls.

The W7 Control Head offers an 8 character alphanumeric display,
Electronic Mode and Volume Controls and a 3 x 4 keypad for direct
dialing.

The W9 Control Head is the largest of the Control Head options with
an 11 character alphanumeric display, 3 x 4 keypad for direct dialing
and Electronic Mode and Volume Controls. This Control Head Model
is capable of remote mount only.
Does the XTL 5000 allow for interoperability between system
platforms?

The XTL 5000 is designed with backward compatibility to allow its
users to communicate on the existing Analog Conventional, Digital
Conventional, Analog Trunking and ASTRO systems, while also being
able to operate on the new APCO Project 25 Trunked and
Conventional systems. By offering the best solution for seamless
statewide coverage, the XTL 5000 is one of the most interoperable
mobile radios ever developed.

How important is the Project 25 compliance?
The APCO Project 25 is an open architecture digital Standard for
Public Safety Government Communications Systems that assures
interoperability of P25 equipment from multiple vendors; maximizes
spectrum efficiency; provides for graceful migration from analog
through future digital technologies with backward compatibility with
existing systems; allows effective, efficient and reliable intra-agency
and inter-agency communications to scale in size from small
individual users to wide-area regional systems.

What enhancements does the Windows®-based CPS introduce?
The Customer Programming Software (CPS) provides an improved
user interface in a friendly Windows® environment including an easy
navigation in a familiar setting; the ability to copy information quickly
from one file to another; password protection enhancing security;
printable data from within a file; fast and easy answers to questions;
conversion of DOS files into Windows® files; and prevention of
incorrect data insertion.

Network Availability
The XTL 5000 Digital Mobile Radio is available on the following networks:

Digital or Analog
Conventional or Trunking
Encryption APCO Project 25 Capable
12.5/25 kHz channel spacing
7/800 MHz frequency band

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG