Subject: [NEXTEL-1] 3G NEWS from www.3G.co.uk

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 May 2003 10:34:14 -0400

Tuesday 6th May, 2003
____________________________________________________________________________

Today’s 3G News

1) Swisscom Mobile to Deploy Actix 2G, 2.5G and 3G solutions
2) GPRS and 3G Phones Porn Blocker
3) Wireless Dating has International Text-Appeal 
4) Wireless Video Messaging For ASIA
5) 3D Smartphones and 3G Phones
6) New MMS Wireless Handsets
7) Codewarrior Facilitates Design Of 3G Phones
8) 3G Lab Customise 3G Phone Interface
9) Vodafone Launch 3G
10 ) Wireless Traffic Application for P800 Smartphone

__________________________________________________________________________________

The Wireless LAN Event - May 22-23, Olympia, London

Europe's biggest public wireless LAN conference and exhibition, with over 40 speakers from
the industry's biggest players: BT, O2, Telenor, Megabeam, Virgin Group and six major
hotspot venue owners. With 40+ exhibitors including Intel, Fujitsu Siemens and HP, and
live demos of 802.11g, wireless gaming, and "The Wireless Home".

No sales pitches! Independently-moderated panels get to the heart of the big issues:
business models and pricing, revenue sharing, hotspot acquisition and deployment, roaming,
settlements, payments and billing, and technology evolution. Over 100 WISPs and venue
owners have signed up already, join them today.

Find out more at http://www.wlanevent.com/conference
______________________________________________________________________________
Today’s 3G News Follows : 
__________________________________________________________________________________

1) Swisscom Mobile to Deploy Actix 2G, 2.5G and 3G solutions

Actix’ GPRS IVS technology will enable Swisscom to increase productivity, accelerate the
rollout of new services and improve Quality of Service levels for its GPRS customers.
Using the IVS solution, engineers can trace performance information across the entire
network

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/May2003/5326.htm
________________________________________________________________________________

2) GPRS and 3G Phones Porn Blocker

Telcotec launched a new product at the O2 Digital Media Conference in UCD. The Telcotec
Content Guardian gives protection to mobiles from unsolicited or damaging content, in the
form of pornography, viruses and spam. 

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/May2003/5325.htm
________________________________________________________________________________

3) Wireless Dating has International Text-Appeal 

Mobile dating applications are proving to be amongst the most profitable data services for
mobile operators says SmartTrust and application developer Landmat.

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/May2003/5324.htm
________________________________________________________________________________

4) Wireless Video Messaging For ASIA

Hantro, the leading mobile multimedia solution expert, announced today that the Philippine
mobile operator Globe Telecom has licensed the Hantro Multimedia Framework-based camcorder
application.

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/May2003/5323.htm
________________________________________________________________________________

5) 3D Smartphones and 3G Phones

The software solution enables efficient download of compressed 3D applications to ARM
core-based wireless devices over 2.5G and 3G cellular networks.

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/May2003/5322.htm
________________________________________________________________________________

6) New MMS Wireless Handsets

Legend launched six new models of self-developed color screen mobile handsets, the first
batch of Legend's products using the new logo.

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/May2003/5321.htm
________________________________________________________________________________

7) Codewarrior Facilitates Design Of 3G Phones

CodeWarrior Tools Kit Facilitates Development of 2.5G and 3G Wireless Applications and
Mobile Devices for TI Hardware

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/May2003/5319.htm
________________________________________________________________________________

8) 3G Lab Customise 3G Phone Interface

3G LAB, the mobile interface company, and Motorola announced that Trigenix Mobile
Interface technology has been ported to Motorola's i.MX family of application processors.
The integration with 3G LAB's Trigenix technology, running on Symbian OS

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/May2003/5318.htm
________________________________________________________________________________

9 ) Vodafone Launch 3G

The 3G service, which is initially being opened to a number of key business partners,
provides superior data speeds of up to 144kbps, which will enable faster downloads and
enhanced voice capacity.

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/April2003/5317.htm
________________________________________________________________________________

10 ) Wireless Traffic Application for P800 Smartphone

Integrated Mobile Technologies, specialists in business lifestyle products for mobile
handsets, announced today the launch of Traffic-i, a service that provides up-to-the
minute, visual traffic information on the Sony Ericsson P800.

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/April2003/5316.htm

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading!
Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/cjB9SD/od7FAA/uetFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/