Subject: [NEXTEL-1] GAO says wireless customers are satisfied with service

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 May 2003 19:04:00 -0400

GAO says wireless customers are satisfied with service
May 06 10:59:00, 2003

WASHINGTON—Congressional auditors said Monday that a recent survey of wireless consumers
showed general
satisfaction with call quality even though the General Accounting Office estimated that
one-fifth of users were unable to
complete 10 percent or more of their calls.

“To assess the extent to which consumers are experiencing call quality problems—such as
blocked or dropped calls,
insufficient capacity, dead spots, or lack of coverage—we included questions on a national
survey of adult consumers,
conducted in November 2002. Our survey indicated that about four-fifths of adult
mobile-phone users were satisfied with
their service, about one-tenth were dissatisfied, and the remainder indifferent,” reads
the GAO report, requested by
Rep. Anthony Weiner (D-NY).

GAO also recommends that the Federal Communications Commission include call-quality data
in its yearly report to
Congress on wireless competition.

“While call quality has been identified as a factor that affects consumers’ choice of a
carrier, the FCC does not discuss
call quality in this report,” reads the highlights page of the GAO report. “FCC stated
that, to the extent possible, it plans
to include information related to call quality in its future annual reports on competition
in mobile-phone services.”

http://rcrnews.com/cgi-bin/news.pl?newsId=8426

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Rent DVDs Online - Over 14,500 titles.
No Late Fees & Free Shipping.
Try Netflix for FREE!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/YoVfrB/XP.FAA/uetFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/