Subject: [NEXTEL-1] ACCESS SPECTRUM AND MICROWAVE DATA SYSTEMS ANNOUNCES A NEW 700 MHz EXCLUSIVE PRIVATE WIRELESS DATA SOLUTION

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 May 2003 21:42:45 -0400

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

ACCESS SPECTRUM AND MICROWAVE DATA SYSTEMS ANNOUNCES A NEW 700 MHz EXCLUSIVE PRIVATE
WIRELESS DATA SOLUTION

Solution Supports Point-To-Point Transmission
Applications, SCADA, Long-Haul Telecommunications Links,
Public Safety, and Cellular Backhaul

UTC Telecom 2003, (Houston, TX) – May 1, 2003: Access Spectrum, the
premier provider of Exclusive Private Wireless (XPW) bandwidth for
voice and data communications, and Microwave Data Systems (MDS), a
world leader in industrial, wireless, networking solutions will jointly
highlight a 700MHz point-to-point data solution designed for critical
infrastructure communications at UTC Telecom 2003.

The wireless data solution combines unencumbered XPW bandwidth from
Access Spectrum and MDS LEDR 700S data communications equipment
to provide cost-effective wireless solutions with the reliability needed by
critical infrastructure entities. The solution provides a variety of critical
applications, including point-to-point transmission, supervisory control and
data acquisition (SCADA), long-haul telecommunications links, public
safety, and cellular backhaul.

“The MDS LEDR 700S will play an important role in helping utility,
pipeline and energy companies reduce operating costs and increase
operational efficiencies, while meeting the challenges of critical
infrastructure communications,” says Access Spectrum President, Mark E.
Crosby. “Our relationship with MDS represents an outstanding opportunity
to capitalize on our respective organizations’ industry expertise and
achieve our mutual objective of offering customers improved private
wireless communications capabilities.”

To learn more about the XPW 700 MHz solution at the UTC Telecom
exhibition, visit Access Spectrum at booth #631 or Microwave Data
Systems at booth #515.

About Microwave Data Systems
Microwave Data Systems Inc., headquartered in Rochester, N.Y., designs
and manufactures networked high-speed, point-to-multipoint, and
medium-and low-capacity point-to-point industrial, microwave radios for
use in oil and gas, utility, lottery, traffic monitoring, public safety, and
telecommunication provider industries. Learn more about the company at
www.microwavedata.com

About Access Spectrum
Access Spectrum provides Exclusive Private Wireless Solutions that enable
companies to reduce operating costs, improve response times, and
increase safety by maintaining control of wireless voice and data
communications networks.

Access Spectrum and its network of Exclusive Private Wireless Solutions
Providers deliver the equipment, engineering and bandwidth for
end-to-end implementation of wireless voice and data communications
systems. Unlike shared or unlicensed wireless solutions, Exclusive Private
Wireless delivers the absolute control, flexibility and long-term reliability
needed by critical infrastructure providers, including utility, petrochemical,
transportation and manufacturing companies, and public safety
organizations. Visit the company online at www.AccessSpectrum.com.

Press Inquiries:
For additional information, please contact:
Terri Chou
Access Spectrum, LLC
301-941-1106
[email-masked]

http://www.accessspectrum.com/4_1_14.html