Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Matrix movie cell phone on sale

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 05:40:09 -0400

Matrix movie cell phone on sale

Samsung has announced the commercial availability of the n270, a key component in the
highly anticipated movie,
The Matrix Reloaded. The n270, an exact replica of the phone used in the movie, will be
available in a serialized
allotment and marked numerically beginning with 00002, hinting at the phone's exclusivity.
Packaged in a
commemorative box designed with Matrix fans in mind, the special-edition n270 will appeal
to collectors of movie
paraphernalia.

"Samsung recognizes the excitement Matrix fans have generated in anticipation of The
Matrix Reloaded, and we
intend to build on this momentum in positioning the n270 as a prime component throughout
the movie," said Peter
Skarzynski, senior vice president of Samsung's wireless terminals division. "These fans
have an unprecedented
loyalty to the Matrix franchise, and Samsung coordinated specific marketing efforts with
their purchasing and design
preferences in mind."

The n270 features a never-before-seen pop-up earpiece, revealing a 65,000 color TFT LCD
screen on which
pre-loaded movie clips from The Matrix Reloaded and The Animatrix can be viewed. Consumers
can select movie
clips including highway chase scenes and various battle footage as personalized
screensavers or menu images.

http://www.cellular-news.com/story/8868.shtml

Posted to the site on 14-May-03

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG