Subject: [NEXTEL-1] O2 Launch GPRS Video Trial

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 02:07:22 -0400

O2 Launch GPRS Video Trial

19th May 2003

Emblaze Systems announced the launch of a trial for mobile video
with O2, a leading provider of mobile services to consumers and
businesses in the UK.

Inset is Itai Ben-Dor, CEO of Emblaze Systems who says he is
focused on helping O2 achieve its goals and is quoted below.

Emblaze is providing a turnkey solution, incorporating video
streaming &amp; download, managed services, production and
publishing of content and a wide variety of end user services.

O2 has selected 350 customers to participate in a free, six-week
trial, using the O2 xda, Nokia 7650 and Nokia 3650 mobile devices. The trial focuses on
three principal areas: Streaming video, downloading clips and video messaging.

O2 is using its GPRS network to enable trial participants to browse, select and
download video clips via a special WAP portal set up by Emblaze. Further, Emblaze
offers an innovative feature - enabling trial users to easily download the EMplayer™
directly from the portal. Using the Emblaze EMplatform™, O2 will offer a continuously
updated range of services from news, weather and entertainment, through music &amp;
movie trailers. O2 is also leveraging its sponsorship of Arsenal football club and the
England rugby team.

Emblaze has delivered a complete end-to-end service, including technology, service
management, and hosting, together with its partner, Virtue Broadcasting PLC - a major
provider of streaming media services; thus creating a wireless application service
provider (WASP) solution.

Emblaze provides a customized, media centric, end-to-end solution for wireless
multimedia, enabling wireless operators to create, manage and deliver rich media
services and offer a personalized communications experience to their wireless
subscribers. On demand news, weather and sports services as well as messaging and
online audio/video capabilities enable wireless service providers to generate new forms of

revenue from their subscriber base. The Emblaze solution runs on all networks,
including GSM/GPRS, EDGE, UMTS, CDMA, 1X, and EVDO. It is also compatible with
all leading formats, such as MPEG4, Windows Media.

" We are focused on helping O2 achieve its goals, namely to maximize revenues from
existing 2.5g networks and to extend the range of services currently offered," said Itai
Ben-Dor, CEO of Emblaze Systems. "The successful introduction of new rich media
services is dependant on the quality of the user experience: Emblaze ensures the best
user experience to the widest number of people - on any network and any rich-media
wireless device."

Dave McGlade, CEO O2 UK said: "Mobile Video is a natural addition to the range of
services we already offer like Media Messaging and the O2 Games Arcade and fully
exploits the technology we have available today. We want to develop a range of
communications and entertainment services that our customers really want and trials
like this give us the opportunity to listen to our customers and get crucial feedback."

"A partnership with Emblaze extends our strong position out of the IP video/audio
streaming arena into the mobile space and enables Virtue to deliver new streaming
services to our clients" said Giles English, Director Virtue Broadcasting. "If the trial
proves successful we will be rolling the services out to our whole client base."

About Emblaze Systems

Emblaze Systems, established in 1994 and part of the Emblaze Group of companies, is
a leading provider of customized, media centric, end-to-end solutions for wireless
multimedia services. The company provides carriers with a technologically advanced
system, as well as a broad portfolio of support services; business and site analysis,
installation and integration with existing infrastructure, and dedicated customer care.

The Emblaze solution is compliant with 3GPP, 3GPP2, MPEG-4 and other globally
recognized industry standards on interoperability.

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/May2003/5389.htm

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/uetFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/