Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Wireless Design Online Newsletter

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 17:21:00 -0400

================================================================
Wireless Design Online Newsletter - http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com
Thursday, May 22, 2003
================================================================
 
------------------------------------- 
FEATURED ARTICLES
-------------------------------------  
 
1) Technical Feature: An Improved 5.7 GHz ISM-band Feedforward Amplifier
Utilizing Vector Modulators for Phase and Attenuation Control
2) RF Micro Devices and Silicon Wave Announce Strategic Relationship for
Bluetooth Solutions
3) Is Bluetooth Still a Threat to 802.11?
 
---------------------------------------
 
1) Technical Feature: An Improved 5.7 GHz ISM-band Feedforward Amplifier
Utilizing Vector Modulators for Phase and Attenuation Control
 
An improved feedforward amplifier (FFA) has been developed for the 5.725
to 5.850 GHz industrial, scientific and medical (ISM) band (ISM-5700)
for base station applications. This FFA comprises a driver amplifier and
a main amplifier as well as a high gain, extremely linear error
amplifier...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/31107/793725
 
2) RF Micro Devices and Silicon Wave Announce Strategic Relationship for
Bluetooth Solutions
 
Within the strategic relationship, Silicon Wave will grant manufacturing
licenses to RF Micro Devices for their single-chip UltimateBlue(TM) 3000
radio processor and stand-alone CMOS Bluetooth radio modem solutions. RF
Micro Devices will be responsible for the supply chain of Silicon Wave's
CMOS Bluetooth solutions and will be the exclusive distribution channel
for these products...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/31108/793725
 
3) Is Bluetooth Still a Threat to 802.11?
 
As Bluetooth and 802.11 emerged over the past several years, many people
thought that Bluetooth would compete heavily with 802.11. The
introduction of Bluetooth products, however, has been much slower than
802.11 counterparts. Let's see if life still exists in the possibility
of Bluetooth taking over the World...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/31109/793725

-------------------------
FEATURED DOWNLOAD
-------------------------
 
MITEQ, Inc. brings us today's featured download -- the MITEQ High Power
Resistors, Terminations And Attenuators Catalog. For years, MITEQ has
been a reliable source for RF and microwave components, subsystems and
communication systems. Adding to this line of products, MITEQ has now
developed a line of passive devices utilizing their vertically
integrated facilities and resources. Visit the link below to download
the catalog in pdf format.
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/31117/793725

------------------------------------- 
FEATURED PRODUCTS
-------------------------------------
  
1) Microwave Office 2003
2) Common Band Devices
3) Multi-Mix PICO(TM)
4) Orban Microwave Products 
5) Cellular Terminal Conformance Services
6) Self Supporting Towers and Antennas
7) C2304 Downconverter MMIC 
8) LCD Series 
 
---------------------------------------
 
1) Microwave Office 2003
 
AWR's Microwave Office 2003 software is an enhanced simulation, layout,
and electromagnetic (EM) analysis suite that provides monolithic
microwave integrated circuit (MMIC), RF, and microwave engineers with a
dramatically improved harmonic balance simulator, new time-domain
simulation engines, EM Socket interface, and other advancements in
usability and performance...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/31110/793725
 
2) Common Band Devices
 
UTE Microwave produces a broad range of ferrite devices for use in
military, commercial, medical and scientific applications. Their common
band devices feature 22 dB min isolation, and an insertion loss of 0.30
dB max...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/31111/793725
 
3) Multi-Mix PICO(TM)
 
Multi-Mix PICO is the next big leap for Multi-Mix technology. Multi-Mix
PICO reduces the size of single-function microwave components by more
than 84% when compared to the previous Multi-Mix designs, which were
until now the smallest in the industry. Downloadable pdf datasheets and
demo available...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/31112/793725
 
4) Orban Microwave Products 
 
Orban Microwave Products (OMP) designs and manufactures wireless radio
and antenna products for both the commercial and high-end markets. The
company was established as an independent RF and microwave design
organization concentrating on projects in the 1 to 20 GHz frequency
range...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/31118/793725
 
5) Cellular Terminal Conformance Services
 
RFI offers a comprehensive range of development and conformance services
for cellular mobiles, chipsets and accessories. The technologies
supported include GSM 900, GSM 1800, GSM 1900, GPRS, Bluetooth and 3G...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/31113/793725
 
6) Self Supporting Towers and Antennas
 
Self supporting (free standing) towers are designed as a universal
free-standing solution to a wide range of demanding applications. Such
applications for self supporting towers might include standard microware
antennas, wireless internet, cellular radio antenna platforms, mobile or
LPTV antennas, PCS Radio towers, etc...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/31114/793725
 
7) C2304 Downconverter MMIC 
 
The C2304 is a flexible high intercept and high gain down conversion
GaAs MMIC packaged in a compact 14 pin SOIC package. Each sub-circuit is
brought out on separate pins to allow for custom filtering on the IF/RF
mixer interstage or custom matching for specific bands...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/31115/793725
 
8) LCD Series 
 
The F-51168 Series of 240 x 64 STN color and monochrome graphic LCDs
features uniformly located mounting holes which permit fast, easy
interchangeability between color and monochrome displays -- without
changing front panel plastics...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/31116/793725

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading!
Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/aM1XQD/od7FAA/uetFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/