Subject: [mobile-ip] checking issues #268, #269

From: "Ed Remmell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 15:36:27 -0700

checked, OK.

#269:
extraneous requirements wording added to section 11.6.1 that can be removed:
"The Home Test Init message MUST be sent to the home address
   of the correspondent node without route optimization, even when there
   is an existing binding for the correspondent node (the correspondent
   node is also a mobile node in this case)."

This is covered by the following addition to section 6.1:
"Mobility Header messages MUST NOT be sent with a type 2 routing
   header, except as described in Section 9.5.4 for Binding
   Acknowledgement."

IMO you should remove the extraneous requirements text in section 11.6.1
regarding the MN not using route optimization when sending the HoTI (see
above).

Also, as Bryan Wang noted in an earlier email, there are now conflicting
requirements w/ regard to sending the Binding Refresh Request message,
section 9.5.5 still says:
"The Binding Refresh Request
   message is sent in the same way as any packet addressed to the mobile
   node (Section 9.3.2)."

Thanks.
- Ed

---

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 May 2003 23:52:48 +0300

> regarding the MN not using route optimization when sending the HoTI (see

Ok.

--Jari