Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Calypso- Delivers High-Speed Internet up to 200 times faster than Nextel.

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 May 2003 17:19:53 -0400

May 01, 2003 01:55 AM US Eastern Timezone

Calypso- Delivers High-Speed Internet 200 times faster than Nextel.
20-Time PGA Pro Golf Tournament Winner Joins Calypso Wireless' Advisory Board

MIAMI LAKES, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--May 1, 2003--Calypso Wireless Inc. (OTC:CLYW), the
premier broadband wireless device and technology manufacturer that is making the cellular
phones of the future today, announced today that Doug Sanders, a 20-time PGA Pro Golf
Tournament winner has joined the company's advisory board

Doug Sanders is a golf legend. He joined the PGA tour in 1957 and won 20 PGA Pro
Tournaments. There have been only six golfers in the world that turned pro since 1957, who
have won more than 20 PGA Tour championships. Today, Doug Sanders coaches individuals and
companies to become winners by producing outstanding results.

"Doug Sanders will be a great addition to our advisory board. PGA Tournaments are being
sponsored by some of the largest corporations in the world, including many
telecommunications companies such as AT&T (NYSE:T) and Bell South (NYSE:BLS). As one of
top ten golf masters of all time, Mr. Sanders is extremely well-connected among Fortune
100 CEOs and should be able to help us establish high-level relationships and potentially
shorten our time-to-market in the U.S.," says Carlos Mendoza, President and Chief
Executive Officer of Calypso Wireless.

Calypso startled the telecommunications world in February when it announced that it had
signed a $500 million contract with China Telecom (NYSE:CHA) to deliver mobile phones and
network systems. Calypso is able to deliver high-speed Internet access to mobile handsets
at speeds that are up to 200 times faster than connection speeds available from some U.S.
wireless carriers, including Nextel (Nasdaq:NXTL) and T-Mobile (NYSE:DT).

This means that China Telecom customers will actually be able to utilize a new set of high
value-added services such as two-way real time videoconferencing at the speed of 30 frames
per second or wireless Internet access up to 50 times faster than cable broadband users
have been accustomed to in the U.S.

"Calypso's technology is fascinating. Accessing Internet via cell phones is extremely slow
today. Any graphic intensive content will take ages to download. Calypso's technology can
enable speeds of 11,000 bytes per second, vs. just 9.6 bytes with some current U.S.
carriers. This means that I could actually watch a DVD movie real-time on my laptop
utilizing high-speed Internet access. Or, I could conduct a real-time video conference
with my cell phone just by dialing their phone number. This makes current phones, with the
ability to send still photos, extremely outdated or antiquated. I believe Calypso is 2-5
years ahead of its competitors, and may very well become the next standard in the Wi-Fi
marketplace. I feel privileged to be involved with Calypso," says Doug Sanders.

Last week Calypso Wireless announced that it had signed an investment banking agreement
with D.E. Wine Investments, which will assist Calypso Wireless with the raising of capital
through the placement of its debt, equity, or other securities with individual, financial
and/or strategic investors.

D.E. Wine Investments has a long track record of identifying potential winners in the
telecommunications sector, companies with operations that are ready to take off and the
ability to grow very rapidly in a short period of time with the right level of capital
infusion. D.E. Wine has worked closely with a number of early stage companies that have
become fundamentally strong industry leaders.

Duncan Wine, President and CEO of D.E. Wine Investments, has discovered many technology
and healthcare gems early on, including Dynacq International and voice-mail pioneer,
Boston Technology, which went public in the mid-eighties and saw its stock soar before
being acquired in a major buyout by Comverse Technology.

D.E. Wine Investments anticipates that Calypso's new technology will create a revolution
in the way telecommunications operators deploy. "Just as we predicted in the mid-eighties
that voice mail would move to the central office switch, we think Calypso's technology
will offer the widest range of services at the highest speeds using existing
infrastructure. Gone are the days of spending billions of dollars on infrastructure at the
expense of shareholders," says Duncan Wine, president of D.E. Wine Investments, Inc.

About Calypso

Calypso Wireless Inc., (CLYW) is an innovator and global leader in bringing broadband
media to wireless handheld devices and cellular phones today. Its ASNAP(TM) technology
solves problems inherent to seamless roaming between networks allowing the acceleration of
the deployment of high bandwidth mobile handsets, PDAs, portable personal computers,
notebooks and new emerging wireless form factors.

Calypso Wireless Inc. is headquartered in South Florida. For more information about
Calypso Wireless and its products and services, please visit the company's Web site at
http://www.calypsowireless.com.

http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/home/index.jsp?epi-content=GENERIC&newsId=20030430005885&headlineSearchConfigBO=1051700400000%20%20groupByDate%20%201%209999%20187880400000%20nextel%20%20%20false%20false%201051845398000%201051820263000%20en%20&newsLang=en&beanID=2133606841&viewID=news_view

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Make Money Online Auctions! Make $500.00 or We Will Give You Thirty Dollars for Trying!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/KXUxcA/fNtFAA/uetFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: Scott Chester <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 22:12:21 -0700

Am I missing something? 88 kbps??? 76.8 bps? Are these numbers correct? 
Aren't we averaging somewhere around at least 14 kbps for data? Verizon 
is saying up to 144 kbps, Nextel says 56 kbps.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/O10svD/Me7FAA/uetFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

---

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 May 2003 02:00:04 -0400

> Am I missing something? 88 kbps??? 76.8 bps? Are these numbers correct?

Where did see those numbers?

Did  you base them on the statement below?

Did you see who's speaking?

It's the "Golf Pro" from 1957...........

 From 9.6 kbps to 11 kbps is no biggie.

>
> Aren't we averaging somewhere around at least 14 kbps for data?

carrier dependent

> Verizon
> is saying up to 144 kbps,

In the LAB

> Nextel says 56 kbps.

It's a 56 kbps "Experience" ........Nextel's uses compression technology achieve the
"Experience " (The connection appears to be faster than what it is) speeds ranging up to
56k—this is only available when you use your phone as a laptop or PDA modem.

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

---

From: Scott Chester <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 07:42:20 -0700

Converted from the "11,000 bytes per second, vs. just 9.6 bytes" below. 
Is their network actually running at something over 1 mbps or is this 
guy just crazy?

>>> enable speeds of 11,000 bytes per second, vs. just 9.6 bytes with 
>>> some
>>> current U.S.
>>> carriers. This means that I could actually watch a DVD movie 
>>> real-time
>>> on my laptop
>>> marketplace. I feel privileged to be involved with Calypso," says 
>>> Doug
>>> Sanders.

---

From: "Mark" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 May 2003 10:02:51 -0000

I had a change to demo a Verizon aircard for a few days and never saw 
speeds more than 42 kbps even during non-peak hours.  It wasn't happy 
in the car either.  The FEC brought it down to the low to mid 
thirties in a good area near a know Verizon site.

In the private data world, Data Radio is claiming 42.3 kbps on a 25 
KHz channel and 22 kbps on an 821 NPSPAC.  Were going out with an RFP 
this month for a new data system so I'll post the speed claims when 
they come in from the major manufacturers.

Mark

--- In [email-masked], Marcel <Marcelrf@B...> wrote:
> > > "Calypso's technology is fascinating. Accessing Internet via 
cell
> > > phones is extremely slow
> > > enable speeds of 11,000 bytes per second, vs. just 9.6 bytes 
with some
real-time
> > > on my laptop
> > > utilizing high-speed Internet access. Or, I could conduct a 
real-time
> > > video conference
> > > with my cell phone just by dialing their phone number. This 
makes
> > > current phones, with the
> > > ability to send still photos, extremely outdated or antiquated. 
I
> > > believe Calypso is 2-5
> > > years ahead of its competitors, and may very well become the 
next
> > > standard in the Wi-Fi
> > > marketplace. I feel privileged to be involved with Calypso," 
says Doug