Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Tutorial on Radio Noise Measurement and Related Standards

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 17:11:19 -0400

FCC Public Notice
May 21, 2003

Tutorial on Radio Noise Measurement and Related Standards

On May 30, 2003, the FCC’s Office of Engineering and Technology will
provide a  tutorial on “Radio Noise Measurement and  Related Standards”
from 10:00 to 12:00  in the Commission Meeting Room (TW-C305), 445 12th
Street, S.W., Washington, D.C. 

The speaker, Professor Akira Sugiura of Tohoku University started his
studies of EMC measurements at the Communications Research Laboratory of
the former Japanese Ministry of Posts and Telecommunications.  He has
also participated actively in development of various Japanese EMC
standards related to electronic equipment as well as low-power
communication equipment, been involved in CISPR activities and is now a
Vice Chair of the Japanese National Committee for the CISPR.  

At the tutorial, Professor Sugiura will present the following topics:

(1) Measuring receivers:  conventional instrument, future instruments
for digital communication.

(2) Radiated emission measurements:  measuring antennas, standards for
radiation measurement, antenna calibration.

(3) Examples of long term noise measurements made in various areas of
Japan.

Members of the public are welcome, and no reservations are necessary. 
Please allow sufficient time for clearance through Commission security
before the presentation begins.  For additional information, contact
Mike Marcus at (202) 418-2418, [email-masked], or Young Carlson at
(202) 418-2427, [email-masked].

The audio portion of this tutorial will be broadcast live on the
Internet via the FCC’s Internet audio broadcast home page at
www.fcc.gov/realaudio.  Videotape of the tutorial may also be purchased
from the FCC contractor, CACI Productions Group (formerly InFocus), 341
Victory Drive, Herndon, VA  20170, by calling at (703) 834-1470.

-FCC-

Source:
http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-03-1762A1.doc

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading!
Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/aM1XQD/od7FAA/uetFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/