Subject: [NEXTEL-1] The Wireless Carrier (Nextel) With The Etiquette of Enron at a Surprise Audit ........Is Promoting What????

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 May 2003 20:05:13 -0400

The Wireless Carrier (Nextel) With The Etiquette of Enron at a Surprise Audit ........Is
Promoting What????
================================================================
Nextel to Promote Wireless Phone Manners as National Etiquette Week Kicks Off May 12

Tuesday May 6, 10:49 am ET

RESTON, Va.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--May 6, 2003--Courtesy is still king, even in this
high-tech, fast-paced, instant communication era.

To remind wireless phone users that good manners and common sense should be
paramount in public places, Nextel Communications Inc. (NASDAQ:NXTL - News) will
kick off a friendly reminder program during National Etiquette Week, May 12 - 18, 2003.
The program includes customer correspondence, regular employee email updates, and
guidelines for proper phone manners.

Prompted by growing public interest in proper cell phone etiquette, Nextel will bring
increased attention to the issue and promote phone features that are less intrusive and
more considerate to those in the surrounding area.

Wireless phone users are urged to use vibrate and two-way messaging features as
ways to communicate unobtrusively in theaters, restaurants, meetings, schools, houses
of worship and golf courses. Tips also include keeping conversations brief, stepping
outside to take calls and sending callers to voice mail if it's inappropriate to take the
call.

While the reminders are friendly, the message is clear: be respectful of those around
you and use discretion when it comes to placing and taking calls in public.

Nextel reminds customers to use Direct Connect(TM), the company's exclusive
long-range digital walkie-talkie feature, respectfully as well. Unlike conventional
two-way
radios, Direct Connect affords users a choice in instant communication--the phone's
speaker can be turned on or off depending on the location and the nature of the call.

When the speaker is off, Direct Connect users speak into the phone and listen
privately, as if making a traditional cellular call. Also, using the vibrate feature,
users
may be alerted to an incoming Direct Connect call silently, allowing them instant contact
without disruption to their surroundings.

"Wireless courtesy is a hot topic at Nextel," said Tom Kelly, executive vice president
and chief operating officer of Nextel. "It's an important message to convey to our
customers and especially our employees, since we set an example for courteous
communications behavior."

Kelly also points out that with today's sophisticated technology, there's no need to
speak any louder into a wireless phone than a regular landline.

Wireless phones are becoming smarter, making phone etiquette easier to maintain. For
instance, Nextel's newest handsets go into vibrate mode automatically during meetings
scheduled in the phone's Datebook, so meeting participants aren't distracted by the
phone's ring.

However, technology is no substitute for common sense. "Clearly, crowded restaurants,
concerts and houses of worship are not appropriate places to take calls," Kelly said.

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/030506/65556_1.html

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Rent DVDs from home.
Over 14,500 titles. Free Shipping
& No Late Fees. Try Netflix for FREE!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/BVVfoB/hP.FAA/uetFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/