Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Authorities Discover Stolen Cell Phones

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 09:44:32 -0400

Authorities Discover Stolen Cell Phones
BY WIRELESS WEEK STAFF
MAY 27, 2003

Thieves tried to steal nearly 11,000 cell phones from a Denver area warehouse
over the weekend and spirit them out of the country, according to press
reports.

The 18 pallets of Nokia cell phones, worth almost $1 million, were stolen from
an
Arapahoe County warehouse and taken by truck to Florida. Two men reportedly
are being held in the case. Phone lines at the Colorado warehouse facility
where
the phones were being stored apparently were cut and surveillance cameras and
other equipment were disabled. A back-up video system went undisturbed,
however, and recorded masked and gloved men spending two hours loading the
phones into a tractor trailer.

Miami-Dade County Tactical Operations Multi-Agency Cargo Anti-Theft Squad is
working the case on the Florida end and says the operation has the earmarks of
a
ring of cargo thieves that steal items and then ship them out of the country
through the Miami port.

http://www.wirelessweek.com/index.asp?layout=newsat2direct&starting=6&pubdate=05/27/03

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/CNxFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/