Subject: [NEXTEL-1] MRFAC/NAM urge FCC to evaluate Moto's 800 MHz interference technical solution

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 18:16:32 -0400

-------- Original Message --------
   From: "Brignola, Christopher J." <[email-masked]>
Subject: MRFAC/NAM urge FCC to evaluate Moto's 800 MHz interference technical
         solution

 I do believe the amount of public safety users experiencing interference is much
higher than the 1% reported to APCO.  The Nextel number of 10% is more
believable.  I think most public safety system operators report the interference
directly to Nextel because Nextel will try to "lessen" the problem by making some
changes.  (though I am not sure whether the changes are actually made or if they
actually lessen the interference).

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/CNxFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: "Rik Rasmussen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 18:29:05 -0400

How many Public Safety systems have the problem and don't recognize it for
what it is?

Many systems are not self-maintained and depend on out-sourced service. For
that reason and others, some may not be as aware or as educated to the issue
as others. Therefore, I believe there are systems with these dead spots who
don't understand the problem.

Rik Rasmussen
Communications Maintenance Adminstrator
City of Durham, NC

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 18:43:50 -0400

Many-

I remember an email discussion with an radio administrator in Fl who said he just
calls the local Nextel RF Engineer when they power up on one of his frequencies.
While this is an excellent sign of co-operation it distorts the actual number of
interference cases reported to the FCC or APCO.

I agree I have had to educate numerous radio shops on how to recognize and confirm
Nextel interference. As I said before many cases are handled at the local level
and are never properly documented.