Subject: [NEXTEL-1] T-Mobile USA inches closer to Nextel with strong Q1 adds

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 02:56:33 -0400

T-Mobile USA inches closer to Nextel with strong Q1 adds

By Dan Meyer

May 15 11:47:00, 2003

BELLEVUE, Wash.—T-Mobile USA Inc. again led the industry in customer growth during the
first quarter of 2003, reporting 921,000 net customer additions during the first three
months of this year, which was nearly double the
509,000 net customer additions the carrier reported for the first quarter of 2002.
T-Mobile USA’s first-quarter customer
growth handily beat Verizon Wireless, which reported just more than 800,000 net customer
additions during the first
quarter.

At the end of the first quarter, T-Mobile USA said it served more than 10.8 million total
customers, placing it just short of
Nextel Communications Inc.’s 11.1 million customer base as the fifth-largest wireless
carrier in the United States.

T-Mobile USA also reported that postpaid customers accounted for 897,000 subscriber
additions during the quarter and
that blended customer churn dropped from 4.4 percent during the first quarter of 2002 to
3.01 percent this year.
Average revenue per user fell slightly from $51 during the first quarter of 2002 to $50
this year, while the cost per gross
addition increased from $291 to $303.

Financially, T-Mobile USA reported $1.8 billion in total revenues during the first quarter
of 2003 compared with $1.2 billion
during the first quarter of 2002. Net losses dropped from $4.2 billion last year to $216
million this year.

T-Mobile USA also announced that its network coverage increased from 162 million potential
customers at the end of the
first quarter of 2002 to 224 million pops this year.

http://rcrnews.com/cgi-bin/news.pl?newsId=13490

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/uetFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/