Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Another piece to the puzzle-

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 03:33:56 -0400

Another piece to the puzzle-

"We are pleased to partner with Motorola and WebLink Wireless in this first-of-a-kind
communication
system in the state of Nevada, that has resulted in mutual benefits for Nellis Air Force
Base and
Nevada Highway Patrol,"

======================================================================================================

NNSA Dedicates $18 Million
Communication System

LAS VEGAS, June 7, 2002 - At 9 a.m., Thursday, June 13, the National Nuclear Security
Administration Nevada Operations Office (NNSA/NV) in conjunction with Motorola, Inc.
(NYSE:MOT)
and WebLink Wireless, Inc. (OTCBB:WLNKA), will host a dedication ceremony for the recently

installed Base Support Trunk Radio and Wireless Data system. The dedication ceremony will
take
place at the NNSA/NV's Nevada Support Facility, located at 232 Energy Way, North Las
Vegas,
Nevada.

"We are pleased to partner with Motorola and WebLink Wireless in this first-of-a-kind
communication
system in the state of Nevada, that has resulted in mutual benefits for Nellis Air Force
Base and
Nevada Highway Patrol," said Kathleen Carlson, Manager, NNSA/NV. "Additionally, the
primary
advantages of the system are faster access, better channel efficiency, user privacy, and
flexible
expansion."

As part of a Congressional mandate to reduce the bandwidth of the federal wireless radio
channels, the
NNSA/NV embarked on an $18 million project to replace and modernize the two-way radio and
wireless data systems. The wireless data system portion of the project resulted in the
installation of a
new messaging computer, 14 transmitter and receivers sites, and antenna systems working in

communication with a satellite downlink. The resulting network provides not only local
coverage but
nationwide, state-of-the-art, advanced messaging services. The two-way radio network
replacement
included the engineering, design, installation, and site support for 10 mountain-top sites
for the
communications system. The trunking design allows for the mutual sharing of a small number
of
communications paths by a large number of users covering the Nevada Test Site and the
metropolitan
Las Vegas area.

The radio system is part of Motorola's extensive portfolio of integrated communications
and information
solutions to address mission-critical public safety and security requirements worldwide.
Schaumburg,
Ill.-based Motorola is a leading provider of integrated communications and information
solutions with 65
years of experience in meeting the mission-critical requirements of public safety, public
service,
government and enterprise customers worldwide. The company's extensive public safety and
security
portfolio includes: interoperable two-way radio communications solutions with encrypted
security
capabilities; command and control equipment and software applications, including
computer-aided
dispatch, 9-1-1 and 3-1-1 systems, and automated records management systems;
identification and
tracking solutions, including palm/fingerprint and photo-imaging systems, as well as
comprehensive
information management capabilities for criminal justice and civil needs; and physical
security and
monitoring solutions, including remote monitoring and diagnostics.

"When work first began on this new digital communications system, the challenge simply was
to
design a wireless communications system that would provide the features, capabilities,
security, and
technological flexibility that the Nevada Test Site thought it might require for years to
come," said Jim
Tucker, Motorola Communications and Electronics Vice President and Area Manager, U.S.
Federal
Government Markets Division. "Obviously, no one at that time could predict the Sept. 11
tragedy or
how it would alter the importance of mission-critical and interoperable communications.
Yet, what we
have learned is that this robust system provides the Department of Energy the platform it
needs to
meet the unknown challenges of the future. Motorola is extremely pleased to have been part
of the
team effort that has made this system a reality."

WebLink Wireless was selected to upgrade the NNSA/NV's one way paging system to full two
way
wireless data communications. WebLink Wireless' network, based on the ReFLEX 25 protocol,
is the
largest of its kind, thus offering greater flexibility to employees as they travel
throughout the Nevada
Test Site and the United States. Due to the advanced technology of multiple simulcast
transmission,
WebLink's network offers reliability during times of disaster and crisis. Furthermore, the
network offers
superior signal penetration that allows Security Administration employees to receive
messages deep
inside buildings as well as below ground level. WebLink's network flexibility also
benefits the NNSA/NV
as it supports customized applications such as instant notification or emergency dispatch
software
that the organization may want to develop.

"WebLink Wireless is pleased to work with the NNSA/NV to update their communication system
and
to offer messaging devices that will make their communications more efficient," said Rick
Nelson,
senior vice president of business sales at WebLink Wireless. "The success of this project
is a perfect
example of how other governmental agencies and states can upgrade their communications
networks
and become more effective with their wireless strategies."

WebLink Wireless, Inc., a leader in the wireless data industry, operates the largest
ReFLEX network in
the United States. The Dallas-based company provides 2way wireless messaging, wireless
email,
mobile Internet information, customized wireless business solutions, telemetry, and paging
to more
than 1.5 million business and retail customers. WebLink Wireless is the preferred wireless
data
network provider for many of the largest telecommunication companies in the United States
who resell
services under their own brand names. WebLink's reliable multicast network covers
approximately 90
percent of the U.S. population and, through roaming agreements, extends throughout most of
North
America. For more information on WebLink Wireless please visit us on the Internet at
www.weblinkwireless.com.