Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Powell, Evans tour unlicensed wireless technology showcase

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 17:26:14 -0400

Powell, Evans tour unlicensed wireless technology showcase
May 12 13:21:00, 2003

WASHINGTON—The government’s push for unlicensed spectrum usage was on display Monday at
the Department of
Commerce.

“Today’s event vividly demonstrates how the economy and consumers benefit when spectrum
policy removes barriers to
innovation. In the sometimes-abstract debate about spectrum policy, the showcase provides
a glimpse of the concrete
public benefits that flow inexorably from sound market-based, flexible spectrum policies.
Our progress is no longer
theoretical; it is embedded in the real world technologies and applications on display
here,” said Federal
Communications Commission Chairman Michael Powell. “These technologies are a force in
driving spectrum policy from
centralized, government command and control to market-based technology-enabling models.”

Powell toured the exhibit with Commerce Secretary Donald Evans before it opened to the
public.

The FCC, the National Telecommunications & Internet Association and the Department of
State will sponsor and
participate in an all-day policy panel discussion on Tuesday.

http://rcrnews.com/cgi-bin/news.pl?newsId=13440

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Rent DVDs Online - Over 14,500 titles.
No Late Fees & Free Shipping.
Try Netflix for FREE!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/YoVfrB/XP.FAA/uetFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/