Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Power Line Broadband RF Noise and harmonics

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 17:54:16 -0400

------- Original Message --------
   From: "Bill" [email-masked]
Subject:  Power Line Broadband RF Noise and harmonics

The paper talks about noise floor increase and RF spikes up to about 350 MHz and says it
interferes with radio telescopes. This is for a 30 MHz modem... didn't a recent post on
this talk about 80 MHz?

I wonder what it'll do with regard to the -150 dBC IMD spec the big boys are worrying
about for 700 and 800 MHz digital?

from Gonsett's CGC Communicator #574:

SPECTRAL MEASUREMENTS SHOW HF AND UHF PLC INTERFERENCE

A document released in March describes Power Line

Communications ("PLC") interference tests conducted in Japan.

Interestingly, spectral images show not only the anticipated HF

interference, but also show spurious emissions far up into the

UHF spectrum. The advantage of allowing Internet data to travel

over power lines is well understood, but it comes at a price.

The technical paper is posted at:

http://www.qsl.net/jh5esm/PLC/isplc2003/isplc2003a7-1.pdf