Subject: [NEXTEL-1] interWAVE Wins Contract to Deliver GSM Systems to the U.S. Army

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 May 2003 03:47:35 -0400

interWAVE Wins Contract to Deliver GSM Systems to the U.S. Army

Type 1 Encrypted, Compact and Rapid-to-Deploy System Provides

Emergency, Temporary and Mobile Communication Solutions to Military

MENLO PARK, Calif., April 29 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- interWAVE(R) Communications
International, Ltd. (Nasdaq: IWAV), a pioneer in compact wireless communications systems,
today announced that Cell-Tel Government Systems, Inc., a reseller and integrator of
interWAVE solutions, has secured a contract with the U.S. Army's CECOM
(Communications-Electronics Command) for interWAVE's complete GSM solution.  Cell-Tel will
deliver three complete systems to three different locations, Fort Monmouth, New Jersey,
Fort Huachuca, Arizona and Fort Bragg, North Carolina, where the systems will be placed
into operation.

interWAVE's solution is part of Cell-Tel's integrated MilWave GSM solution that has now
passed formal hardware and software testing conducted by several departments of the U.S.
Army.  The MilWave product is listed on the General Services Administration (GSA)
Schedule, and as a result, available to the U.S. Government and U.S. Military.

Elizabeth Wilson, president and chief executive officer of Cell-Tel, commented,
"Cell-Tel's MilWave solution integrates revolutionary technologies to create an end-to-end
mission-critical wireless communication platform for the U.S. Army.  The primary reason
our MilWave offering was selected resides in the differentiators that the interWAVE system
enables.  Our relationship with interWAVE allows us to provide the U.S. Army with the only
full turnkey solution available for secure and mobile GSM communications.  The intention
of the U.S. military is to greatly expand the use of the MilWave solution throughout the
Department of Defense before the end of the calendar year, creating significant
opportunities for both interWAVE and Cell-Tel."

The interWAVE GSM product provides a compact, flexible and scalable priority cellular
solution.  Each system is a complete GSM network based on the Network-In-A-Box product,
and is packaged in a rugged transit case, similar to a suitcase, that meets the two-man
lift specification of the U.S. Army.  Once on the ground the system is designed for quick
and easy set up and comes ready to link to the rest of the world via satellite, microwave
or wireline interfaces.

Additionally, Cell-Tel's solution using interWAVE's products is Type 1 secure, allowing
connectivity to Type 1 secure wireless phones and wireline terminals to provide secure
end-to-end encryption over both the public and private GSM networks.  interWAVE's solution
provides the military users with access to commercial technology while maintaining the
highest level of security required by government and military officials for the transfer
of sensitive and classified information.

Bill Carlin, interWAVE's vice president of global sales, marketing and operations,
commented, "The constant threat of terrorism, both domestic and internationally, has
increased the need for the military to possess and be prepared to deploy contingency
communications infrastructure at a moment's notice.

This sale to the U.S. Army dramatically increases the flexibility and capabilities of the
military's communications apparatus, allowing the Army to deploy sophisticated wireless
infrastructure anywhere in the world it is needed to meet unanticipated demand due to call
volume or emergency conditions.  This announcement further validates the appropriateness
of interWAVE and Cell-Tel products to meet the growing demand for enhanced homeland
security technology."

About Cell-Tel Government Systems, Inc.
Cell-Tel Government Systems, Inc. is the premier integrator of fixed,
mobile and transportable wireless communication networks for military and government
applications.  Cell-Tel is headquartered at 8226 Philips Highway, Suite 290, Jacksonville,
Florida, and can be contacted at http://www.cell-tel.com or toll-free at (800) 737-7545.

About interWAVE interWAVE Communications International, Ltd. (Nasdaq: IWAV) is a global
provider of compact network solutions and services that offer innovative, cost-effective
and scalable networks allowing operators to "reach the unreached."  interWAVE solutions
provide economical, distributed networks that minimize capital expenditures while
accelerating customers' revenue generation.  These solutions feature a product suite for
the rapid and simple deployment of end-to-end compact cellular systems and broadband
wireless data networks.  interWAVE's highly portable, mobile cellular networks and
broadband wireless solutions provide vital and reliable wireless communications
capabilities for customers in over 50 countries.  The Company's U.S. subsidiary is
headquartered at 312 Constitution Drive, Menlo Park, California, and can be contacted at
http://www.iwv.com or at (650) 838-2000.

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/04-29-2003/0001936647&EDATE=

================================================================================
General Information
Document Type:
Presolicitation Notice Solicitation Number:
9TFZ-03-CAD-0001
Posted Date:
Apr 07, 2003
Archive Date:
Apr 25, 2003
Original Response Date:
Apr 10, 2003
Current Response Date:
Apr 10, 2003
Classification Code:
70 -- General purpose information technology equipment SetAsides:
Total Women-owned Business

Contracting Office Address

General Services Administration, Federal Technology Service (FTS), Sonoran Area Office,
5725 North Scotsdale Rd.,
Suite C150, Scotsdale, AZ, 85250-5905

Description

This is a combined synopsis/solicitation for commercial items prepared in accordance with
the format in Federal Acquisition Regulations document (FAR) subpart 12.6, as supplemented
with additional information included in this notice. This announcement constitutes the
only solicitation. Proposals are being requested and a written solicitation will not be
issued.

Solicitation number 9TFZ-03-CAD-0001 is issued as a Request for Proposal (RFP). This
solicitation document and incorporated provisions and clauses are those in effect through
Federal Acquisition Circular (FAC)03-12.  The simplified acquisition procedures of FAR
Part 13 are applicable to this procurement.

This procurement is to provide the Dept of the Army CIO/G6 Information System Security
Program with the following items: Known System Part Number-

CTGS-IWF- (QTY3) Data Protocol Management System (DPMS) Server provides the ability to
connect GSM handsets with NSA-approved, Type 1 Secure modules to other secure wireless and
wireline terminals and includes the following components: 2U rack-mountable computer
server running Windows 2000 Server software;Secure Node Application Program (SNAP) Version
1.2; (Qty 2) T1-PRI 24-DSP server cards. Known System Part Number-CTGS-BR6045- (QTY6) 45Mb
Point-to-Point Microwave Radio System-System provides Line of Sight (LOS) connection
between HDQ & remote facilities as well as between multiple remote facilities and includes
the following: 45Mb DS3 Microwave Radio; 48VDC Microwave Power Unit; 0.6 Meter Panel
Antenna with Mounting Hardware, Cabling & Connectors. Known System Part
Number-CTGS-TW7300- (QTY6) Multi-Service ATM Multiplexer to provide bandwidth management &
includes: TW7300 Chassis; Network Access Unit providing (2) DS3, (2) 10/100baseT & (4) T1
connections; SIM module providing (8) E1 connections. (QTY3) Basic Training on MilWave GSM
Cellular Communications System to include 5 Students for a 1-Week Class The government
will award a contract resulting from this RFQ to the responsible offeror representing the
best value. The following "Best Value" factors will be used in descending order of
importance for evaluating the offers: (1) Price, (2) Warranty provisions. Type of
contract: A firm fixed price definite quantity, definite delivery contract shall be
awarded. All prices are to be quoted "FOB Destination". Destinations: Fort Monmouth, NJ
07703; Fort Huachuca, AZ 85613; Fort Bragg, NC 28307 Delivery due date for these items is
April 23, 2003. Please acknowledge all requirements. The provision at FAR 52.212-1,
Instructions to Offerors, applies to this acquisition. Offerors shall include a completed
copy of the provision at FAR 52.212-3, Offeror Representations and
Certifications-Commercial Items, with its offer. The clause at FAR 52.212-4, Contract
terms and Conditions-Commercial Items, applies to this acquisition. The clause at FAR
52.212-5, Contract Terms and Conditions Required to Implement Statutes or Executive
Orders-Commercial Items, applies to this acquisition. The potential awardee is required to
register in IT Solutions Shop at http://www.it-solutions.gsa.gov/ for post-award
processing. All responses received by 4:00 p.m., PST, 4/14/03 will be considered by the
government.  IMPORTANT!! THE POINT OF CONTACT IS CECIL DYER. Quote responses and inquiries
will only be accepted electronically by email at: [email-masked]. Quote responses sent
to anyother email address will not be accepted.

Original Point of Contact Cecil Dyer, Contracting Officer, Phone (480) 663-9721, Email
[email-masked]
Point of Contact

Cecil Dyer, Contract Officer, Phone 480-663-9721, Fax 480-481-9407, Email
[email-masked] - Cecil Dyer,
Contract Officer, Phone 480-663-9721, Fax 480-481-9407, Email [email-masked]

Place of Performance
Address:
Destinations: Fort Monmouth, NJ 07703; Fort Huachuca, AZ 85613; Fort Bragg, NC 28307
Postal Code: null
Country:
USA

http://www.eps.gov/servlet/Documents/R/211628

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Make Money Online Auctions! Make $500.00 or We Will Give You Thirty Dollars for Trying!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/KXUxcA/fNtFAA/uetFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/