Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel Partners sells, leases back 23 cell towers

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 May 2003 20:12:40 -0400

Puget Sound Business Journal (Seattle) - May 5, 2003
 http://seattle.bizjournals.com/seattle/stories/2003/05/05/daily8.html

 2:57 PM PDT Monday

Nextel Partners sells, leases back 23 cell towers

Kirkland-based Nextel Partners Inc., which provides Nextel wireless services in midsize
markets, said it has completed a sale and lease-back deal of 23 cellular towers to Shared
Tower Sites LLC.

Nextel Partners said the lease-back arrangement allows it to continue using the towers at
market rates, but the company will increase efficiencies and streamline its own operations in the deal.

The $3.91 million deal includes towers in New York, Pennsylvania, Indiana, Kentucky,
Maryland, West Virginia, Florida, Georgia, Alabama and Mississippi. The transaction also includes a right to buy additional
sites built by Nextel Partners in 2003 on similar terms, the company said.

Nextel Partners is the exclusive provider of Nextel-branded digital wireless
communications services in 31 states where about 52 million people live.

McLean, Va.-based Shared Tower Sites is a privately held developer of communications
towers, primarily in East Coast states.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Rent DVDs from home.
Over 14,500 titles. Free Shipping
& No Late Fees. Try Netflix for FREE!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/BVVfoB/hP.FAA/uetFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/