Subject: [NEXTEL-1] BellSouth Announces Plans to Redeem $300 Million in Outstanding Debt

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 13:58:51 -0400

BellSouth Announces Plans to Redeem $300 Million in Outstanding Debt

ATLANTA, May 13 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- BellSouth Telecommunications,
Inc, a subsidiary of BellSouth Corporation (NYSE: BLS), announced today that
it will redeem all of its outstanding Forty Year 7.5% Debentures, due June 15,
2033, on June 16, 2003.  The redemption price will be 104.75% of the principal
amount.  Interest on the Debentures will cease to accrue on and after the
redemption date.  Payment of the redemption price will be made upon
presentation and surrender of the unsigned Debentures to The Bank of New York,
the paying agent, as follows:

*  If by hand or overnight delivery to:
The Bank of New York
111 Sanders Creek Parkway
East Syracuse, NY 13057
(800) 254-2826

*  If by mail to:
The Bank of New York
P. O. Box 396
East Syracuse, NY 13057
(800) 254-2826

About BellSouth Corporation
BellSouth Corporation is a Fortune 100 communications services company
headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, serving more than 44 million customers in
the United States and 14 other countries.
Consistently recognized for customer satisfaction, BellSouth provides a
full array of broadband data solutions to large, medium and small businesses.
In the residential market, BellSouth offers DSL high-speed Internet access,
advanced voice features and other services.  BellSouth also offers long
distance service throughout its markets, serving both business and consumer
customers.  The company's BellSouth(R) Answers(SM) package combines local and
long distance service with an array of calling features; wireless data, voice
and e-mail services; and high-speed DSL or dial-up Internet service.
BellSouth also provides online and directory advertising services through
BellSouth(R) Real Pages(SM).com and The Real Yellow Pages(R).
BellSouth owns 40 percent of Cingular Wireless, the nation's second
largest wireless company, which provides innovative data and voice services.

For more information contact:
Jeff Battcher, BellSouth
404-249-2793

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=SVBIZINK3.story&STORY=/www/story/05-13-2003/0001945759&EDATE=TUE+May+13+2003,+09:11+AM

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Rent DVDs Online - Over 14,500 titles.
No Late Fees & Free Shipping.
Try Netflix for FREE!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/YoVfrB/XP.FAA/uetFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/