Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel and horrible practices

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 May 2003 15:45:43 -0400

Nextel and horrible practices

To: Nextel Communications

The world thrives on communication today, which is why I'm so upset
with the plan/contract at Nextel Communications. Quite honestly, I'm
furious about this issue. Just for the record, here's my telephone
information: XXX-XXX-XXXX.

Here's my complaint: I called and was told by 2 different customer
care reps that my contract was over, yet when I called to cancel, was
told I was still under contract. When I changed my plan to a higher
cost plan last year, I was not told that this would extend my contract
for another year. I have written to your corporate office before
regarding a very rude customer service rep and never received any
response.

I'm not surprised, and do you know why? I've been very dissatisfied
with your company in the past. But given the nature of this problem,
I'll take my business elsewhere from now on. And I'll definitely tell
other people about my negative experience so they can avoid it in the
future.

Here's what I'd like to see happen: I would like for you to immediately
release my phone and my husband's phone from any "contract" you
seem to think we are under.

I hope you get back to me soon. In this age of modern
communication, seemingly simple things should not go unresolved.
I'll expect a response within 10 business days.

From:
Lisa B.
MD

http://www.PlanetFeedback.com/sharedLetters/viewLetter/0,2936,102782-100-0-0-20-0-fb_date-desc-222253-0,00.html

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Rent DVDs from home.
Over 14,500 titles. Free Shipping
& No Late Fees. Try Netflix for FREE!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/BVVfoB/hP.FAA/uetFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: Evan Platt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 May 2003 12:54:09 -0700

At 12:45 PM 05/08/2003, you wrote:
>I'm not surprised, and do you know why?

Because you dug up your copy of the contract which states any rate plan 
changes will extend your contract?

Part of me feels pain for these people. The other part doesn't - You don't 
read your contract, you miss SOMETHING.

How many people read the entire contract they sign when they're getting a 
car? Everyone. How many people simply sign the contract without reading it 
when getting a phone? All of them. Since I started in the cellular 
business, I read EVERYTHING I sign. I went to my dentist to have my wisdom 
teeth removed. They had me sign a contract agreeing to sedation. I read the 
entire form. My dentist said I was the first person he's seen actually read 
it. Habit, I guess.

Imagine if a cellular carrier put "If your bill goes more than 10 days past 
due, you agree to pay $400 per day late fee, and give us the keys and pink 
slip to your car, as well as the contents of your jewelry box."

And I'd bet no one would ever know it was there.

Evan 

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Rent DVDs Online - Over 14,500 titles.
No Late Fees & Free Shipping.
Try Netflix for FREE!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/YoVfrB/XP.FAA/uetFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

---

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 May 2003 16:02:27 -0400

The trick is read, read, read,!

Evan Platt wrote:

> -