Subject: [NEXTEL-1] DoCoMo Wristwatch-phone Combo Hits The Streets

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 May 2003 17:39:46 -0400

DoCoMo Wristwatch-phone Combo Hits The Streets
BY WIRELESS WEEK STAFF
MAY 1, 2003

Weeks after announcing that it was going to begin selling the world's first
commercial wristwatch mobile phone, Japan's NTT DoCoMo now says that the
phone, called the Wristomo, will be on sale beginning May 7 through the
Wristomo Web site, www.wristomo.com.

Wristomo uses the company's Personal Handyphone System network and costs
about $312  (excluding tax). The device comes with a standard accessory kit
including a battery charger, cushioned pad and adjustable wristband. The
Wristomo, which is waterproof, opens up into a functional PHS handset when
buttons on either side of the face are pressed.

DoCoMo says the device can transfer data at up to 64 kilobits per second and can
access certain Web sites using DoCoMo's Mopera service, as well as sites based
on HTML using mobile Internet services such as iMode.

The watch weighs about 113 grams, including a battery, and has a talk time of two
hours and 200 hours of standby time.

http://www.wirelessweek.com/index.asp?layout=newsat2direct&starting=4&pubdate=05/01/03

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/O10svD/Me7FAA/uetFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/