Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Q-Chat

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 17:32:55 -0400

Qualcomm Shows New Chips
BY WIRELESS WEEK STAFF
MAY 22, 2003

Qualcomm announced several new chips today, including ones that
integrate two
microprocessors, and also announced a successful demonstration of
low-latency
push-to-talk for CDMA networks.

The chips include the MSM 7xxx family of chips with dual-CPUs, the
MSM6275
chips for UMTS/GSM/GPRS, the CSM6700 Cell Site Modem and MSM6700 Mobile
Station Modem for 1xEV-DO, and the MSM6025 chipset for entry-level
devices
specifically targeting Latin America and India.

Qualcomm said the MSM 7xxx family is designed for full-featured 3G
multimedia
handsets. Several other manufacturers have dual microprocessor chipsets
for
wireless phones, but Qualcomm is the first with a CDMA product.

The company also said it has successfully demonstrated PTT call set-up
performance of less than two seconds over cdma2000 infrastructure and
handsets. The demo used Qualcomm's Qchat technology using voice over
Internet Protoco

http://www.wirelessweek.com/index.asp?layout=document&doc_id=119683&verticalID=34&vertical=Business+and+Finance&industry=

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/uetFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/