Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Public-safety interference resolution likely drawn out

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 13:56:05 -0400

Public-safety interference resolution likely drawn out
By HEATHER FORSGREN WEAVER
May 20 12:27:00, 2003
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ARLINGTON, Va.—It will probably take the Federal Communications Commission until the end
of the year to decide what
to do about public-safety interference in the 800 MHz band, said Jill Lyon, general
counsel for the United Telecom
Council.

If Lyon’s prediction is correct, it will mean that FCC will have wrestled with the thorny
800 MHz issue for more than two
years, even after saying that it was on a fast track. Lyon made her comments during a
regulatory issues panel at the
annual conference of the National Spectrum Managers Association on Tuesday.

The latest wrinkle is that Motorola Inc. recently said interference problems can be solved
by technical modifications. This
is an approach favored by Lyon’s group of utilities and most mobile-phone carriers.

Nextel Communications Inc. and public-safety groups have expressed concern regarding the
Motorola proposal.

http://rcrnews.com/cgi-bin/news.pl?newsId=13551

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/uetFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 14:03:07 -0400

At the "Nextel The One Trick Pony Show" this AM Timmy said the Motorola proposal will delay the "Plan
Scam" decision.

After some Babbling and Stumbling  (Timmy has been hanging around Bumbling Barry West to much) he
said remains confident that it will be accepted.
Timmy was not as confident,  perky and sharp as he normally is.
He maybe a BS'er but he sells it well to those who don't know.

Something is up....

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/030519/195835_1.html

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading!
Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/aM1XQD/od7FAA/uetFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->