Subject: [NEXTEL-1] verizon (and free) wifi access on

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 16:33:57 -0400

-------- Original Message --------
From: "withoutwires" <[email-masked]>
Subject:  verizon (and free) wifi access on

Regarding the Verizon Wifi, I have been picking up their SSID all over the
place.  In fact, I was just at Bowling Green to check out the new free
wireless access and Verizon Wifi popped up as a network before CornerCast
did.

I was re-directed to this page when trying to get out via the web, some
info on there you might find interesting, looks like it is accesable from
the general internet (not just from their wifi points):
https://www33.verizon.com/wifi/login/index.jsp?UI=49de91&UURL=http://151.204.174.2/userok.htm&MA=0060B371DC9F&RN=&OS=http://192.76.85.245&SC=24474

While I would always prefer *free* access, it looks like if you have a
Dialup or DSL from verizon, they will let you signon to their wifi.  You
can signup for dialup for $7/mo from them (5hr/mo), which isn't bad if get
a lot of use out of the wifi.  I imagine they will be changing their
cost/access structure for that soon though.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Rent DVDs from home.
Over 14,500 titles. Free Shipping
& No Late Fees. Try Netflix for FREE!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/BVVfoB/hP.FAA/uetFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/