Subject: [NEXTEL-1] 220 Mhz Audit-

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 16:53:11 -0400

DA 03-1735
May 20, 2003

WIRELESS TELECOMMUNICATIONS BUREAU BEGINS AN AUDIT OF LICENSES IN CERTAIN 220 – 222 MHz
BAND SERVICES
Licensees Must Respond to the Audit Letter by June 13, 2003

On May 14, 2003, the Federal Communication Commission’s (FCC) Wireless Telecommunications
Bureau (Bureau) began its license audit of the operational status of certain site-specific
licenses operating in the 220 – 222 MHz (220 MHz) band.  This audit was announced by
Public Notice on April 9, 2003  and includes licenses in the following services:

? “QT” – Non-nationwide 5-channel trunked systems
? “QD” – Non-nationwide data
? “QO” – Non-nationwide other

Note:  This audit does not include geographic-area licenses granted following the 220 MHz
auctions or 220 MHz licenses authorized for public safety, mutual aid, or emergency
medical services.

The Audit Letter

On Wednesday, May 14, 2003, 453 letters were mailed to all licensees operating in the QT,
QD, and QO radio services inquiring into the operational status of each license held.
Every licensee in these radio services must respond and certify, by June 13, 2003, that
its authorized station(s) has not discontinued operations for one year or more.   The
audit letter, mailed to each licensee at its address of record, included the call signs of
the licensee’s authorizations involved in this audit.  A licensee will receive only one
audit letter for all of its QT, QD, and QO authorizations if the licensee, by May 13,
2003, verified the address was listed correctly in ULS, obtained its FRN, and associated
its call signs with the FRN.  If the licensee did not ensure the address was correct in
ULS, did not obtain its FRN, and did not associate its calls signs with the FRN by May 13,
2003, the Bureau attempted to include all of a licensee’s call signs subject to this audit
in one letter, but may have issued more than one letter for an entity due to slight
variations in licensee name or address in the Commission’s records.   If this is the case,
the licensee must respond to each letter sent by the Commission in order to account for
all of its call signs that are part of the audit.  If a licensee holds an authorization(s)
in any of these radio services and does not receive an audit letter, the licensee may
still be required to respond to the audit.  Licensees can use the Audit Search at
http://wireless.fcc.gov/licensing/audits/220  to determine if a particular license is part
of the audit.  If the Audit Search shows an audit letter was mailed, the licensee is
required to respond to the audit even though the audit letter was not received.  For
instructions on how to proceed in this instance, call the Commission at 717-338-2888 or
888-CALLFCC (888-225-5322) and select option #2.

A response to the audit letter is mandatory.  Each licensee is required to submit its
response(s), electronically, by June 13, 2003.  Specific instructions for responding to
the audit, including the internet site, were included in the audit letter.  Failure to
provide a timely response may result in the Commission presuming that the station has been
non-operational for more than one year, and thus the license may be presumed to have
automatically cancelled.  Failure to provide a timely response may also result in
enforcement action, including monetary forfeiture, pursuant to Section 503(b)(1)(B) of the
Communications Act  and Section 1.80(a)(2) of the Commission’s Rules.

For assistance in registering with CORES and associating your call sign with the FRN, call
717-338-2888 or 888-CALLFCC (888-225-5322) and select option 2.  For additional
information on the 220 MHz license audit, visit the 220 MHz audit web site at
http://wireless.fcc.gov/licensing/audits/220 or contact Denise Walter of the Bureau’s
Commercial Wireless Division at 202-418-0620 or [email-masked].

http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-03-1735A1.doc

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading!
Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/aM1XQD/od7FAA/uetFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/