Subject: [NEXTEL-1] FCC - 05/16/2003

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 18:46:56 -0400

TELECOMMUNICATIONS RELAY SERVICE RULES MODIFIED; COMMENTS SOUGHT ON
EMERGING TECHNOLOGY, PUBLIC OUTREACH CAMPAIGN AND NATIONAL SECURITY
STATUS OF TRS.   Modified a number of rules pertaining to mandatory
minimum standards for TRS, resolved several pending issues and asked for
comments on others..  News Release. Adopted:  05/15/2003. News Media
Contact: Rosemary Kimball at 202-418-0511 (voice); 202-418-1169 (TTY)
CGB. Contact Cheryl J. King at 202-418-2284 (voice); 202-418-0416 (TTY)
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-234565A1.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-234565A2.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-234565A3.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-234565A4.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-234565A1.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-234565A2.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-234565A3.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-234565A4.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-234565A1.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-234565A2.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-234565A3.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-234565A4.txt> 

 FCC PROPOSES ADDITIONAL SPECTRUM FOR UNLICENSED USE.   Proposed making
available for unlicensed us an additional 255 megahertz of spectrum in
the 5.470- 5.725 GHz band..  News Release. Adopted:  05/15/2003. News
Media Contact: Lauren Van Wazer (202) 418-0030  OET. Contact Ahmed
Lahjouji (202) 418-2061
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-234566A1.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-234566A2.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-234566A3.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-234566A4.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-234566A5.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-234566A1.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-234566A2.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-234566A3.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-234566A4.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-234566A5.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-234566A1.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-234566A2.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-234566A3.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-234566A4.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-234566A5.txt> 

 FCC ADOPTS SPECTRUM LEASING RULES AND STREAMLINED PROCESSING FOR
LICENSE TRANSFER AND ASSIGNMENT APPLICATIONS, AND PROPOSES FURTHER STEPS
TO INCREASE ACCESS TO SPECTRUM THROUGH SECONDARY MARKETS.   Adopted a
Report and Order and Further Notice of Proposed Rulemaking concerning
the promotion of secondary market mechanisms to facilitate efficient use
of wireless spectrum in the public interest..  News Release. Adopted:
05/15/2003. News Media Contact: Meribeth McCarrick at (202) 418-0654
WTB. Contact Paul Murray at (202) 418-7240
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-234562A1.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-234562A2.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-234562A3.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-234562A4.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-234562A5.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-234562A1.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-234562A2.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-234562A3.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-234562A4.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-234562A5.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-234562A1.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-234562A2.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-234562A3.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-234562A4.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-234562A5.txt> 

 WORKSHOP ON COGNITIVE RADIO TECHNOLOGIES.   The Office of Engineering
and Technology will host a Workshop on Cognitive Radio Technologies on
May 19, 2003.  News Release. (Dkt No 03-108). Adopted:  05/16/2003. News
Media Contact: Lauren Van Wazer at (202) 418-0030  OET. Contact James
Miller at (202) 418-7351
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-234600A1.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-234600A1.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-234600A1.txt> 

 FCC CALENDAR OF EVENTS.  News Release. News Media Contact: Sharon Hurd
at (202) 418-0504  OMR
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-234611A1.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-234611A1.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-234611A1.txt> 
Report No: 0076 Released:  05/16/2003.  SPECIAL RELIEF AND SHOW CAUSE
PETITIONS.  MB. Contact:  (202) 418-7200
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-234595A1.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-234595A1.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-234595A1.txt> 

 Released:  05/16/2003.  GENERAL MOTORS CORPORATION, HUGHES ELECTRONICS
CORPORATION, AND THE NEWS CORPORATION LIMITED SEEK APPROVAL TO TRANSFER
CONTROL OF FCC AUTHORIZATIONS AND LICENSES HELD BY HUGHES ELECTRONICS
CORPORATION TO THE NEWS CORPORATION LIMITED. (DA No.  03-1725). Comments
Due:  06/16/2003. Reply Comments Due:  07/01/2003.  MB. Contact:  Marcia
Glauberman at (202) 418-7046 or Linda Senecal at (202) 418-7044. News
Media Contact: Michelle Russo at (202) 418-2358, TTY: (202) 418-7172,
(888) 835-5322
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-03-1725A1.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-03-1725A2.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-03-1725A1.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-03-1725A2.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-03-1725A1.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-03-1725A2.txt> 

Report No: CWS-03-42 Released:  05/16/2003.  ANTENNA STRUCTURE
REGISTRATION SERVICE INFORMATION - ACTIONS.  WTB
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-234586A1.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-234586A1.txt> 

Report No: CWS-03-41 Released:  05/16/2003.  ANTENNA STRUCTURE
REGISTRATION SERVICE INFORMATION - ACCEPTED.  WTB
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-234585A1.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-234585A1.txt> 

 Released:  05/16/2003.  WIRELESS TELECOMMUNICATIONS BUREAU COMMERCIAL
WIRELESS DIVISION APPROVES WITHDRAWAL OF PETITION TO DISMISS OR DENY.
(DA No.  03-1720).  WTB. Contact:  Richard Arsenault at (202) 418-0920,
email: [email-masked]
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-03-1720A1.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-03-1720A1.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-03-1720A1.txt> 

 IRIDIUM CONSTELLATION LLC & IRIDIUM US LP.   Issued Order to Show Cause
why its 1.6 GHz mobile-satellite system space and earth station licenses
should not be modified to specify expanded operations in the
1618.85-1621.35 MHz frequency band until June 12, 2003 under the
conditions specified. Action by:  Deputy Chief, Satellite Division,
International Bureau. Adopted:  05/16/2003 by ORDER. (DA No. 03-1722).
IB <http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-03-1722A1.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-03-1722A1.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-03-1722A1.txt> 

 FCC COMMISSIONER MICHAEL J. COPPS REACTS TO REFUSAL TO ALLOW PUBLIC
AIRING OF PENDING MEDIA CONCENTRATION RULES.  News Release. News Media
Contact: Jordan Goldstein 202-418-2000  CMMR
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-234590A1.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-234590A1.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-234590A1.txt>

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/uetFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/