Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Motorola addresses nonlinearity in the intermodulation rejection performance of the MTS2000 to the FCC.

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 May 2003 19:23:37 -0400

The modification below was posted on N-1 (Nextel-1) last 
year and was thoroughly discussed check N-1's archive for 
additional info. Motorola just recently shared this with the 
FCC.

=================================================================================
April 30, 2003

Solomon Satche
FCC Office of Engineering and Technology
445 12th Street SW
Washington, DC 20554
Dear Solomon,

Please find enclosed the follow-up information to our telephone conversation of Friday,
April 25, 2003. The enclosures include a copy of the Service and Repairs Notes #1347 (SRN1347)
per your request. The SRN1347 document describes a set of modifications applicable to the
MTS2000 portable radio. The purpose of the modifications is to improve the intermodulation

(IM) rejection capabilities of the MTS2000 receiver section. Additionally a one page
summary of the MTS2000 receiver performance before and after the modification is included. The
summary includes a graph showing the IM rejection ratio versus on channel signal power and

text describing the typical improvement.

It is important to note that the modifications described in the SRN specifically address a

nonlinearity in the intermodulation rejection performance of the MTS2000 portable radio.
Specifically the performance of the MTS2000 is improved, such that the receiver
performance is more in-line with the performance of a higher tier radio such as the XTS
series of Motorola portable radios.

This modification is not intended to, nor does it; resolve intermodulation issues
associated with very high level signals such as may be experienced near CMRS or cellular
transmitter sites.

It is also worthwhile to note that a similar approach is not a means to improve the IM
characteristic of a higher performance receiver. The difficulties in improving high tier
receiver IM rejection performance have been discussed in earlier Motorola comments to the
Commission.

Should you need further information on this matter please contact me as necessary.
Sincerely,

Terry Mansfield
Member of the Technical Staff
Telephone: 847-576-0603
[email-masked]

SERVICE AND REPAIR NOTES
Bulletin

TECHNICAL INFORMATION /COMMERCIAL, GOVERNMENT & INDUSTRIAL SOLUTIONS SECTOR
8000 W. SUNRISE BLVD. / PLANTATION, FL 33322 /
SRN - 1347
APC - 432, 466
Sept 2001

Memo To: SRN Mailing List
Informational Only
From: MTS2000 Subscriber Product Group
Subject: In-Band High Level Intermodulation Enhancement for MTS2000 800MHz Radios

http://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/prod/ecfs/retrieve.cgi?native_or_pdf=pdf&id_document=6514082859

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Rent DVDs from home.
Over 14,500 titles. Free Shipping
& No Late Fees. Try Netflix for FREE!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/BVVfoB/hP.FAA/uetFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/