Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Nev HP mess

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 08:05:17 -0400

------- Original Message --------
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Nev HP mess

Reading all of the comments is very entertaining, but all of then seem to 
miss the central point.  Centralized trunking in FCC VHF spectrum, compliant 
with the requirements of 47 CFR 90.187, even in Nevada?  I THINK NOT!!!!!!!!

I guess the approach in NV must have been a recognition of the difficulties 
associated with 47 CFR 90.187, and a realization that one VHF licensee, even 
if it is the State Patrol, can't force other relevant co-channel and adjacent 
channel licensees to agree to a centralized trunking proposal.  Sooooooooooo, 
I guess you just operate in an unlicensed manner until such time as someone 
complains, and that someone can also make the FCC listen.

Politics, probably yes, but so what??  Should somebody go to jail?  Maybe yes 
for some violation of NV law, but definitely yes for a brazen disregard of 
FCC rules?  Maybe we just let the citizens of NV settle this in the "Old 
West" way?

As an aside - 54 VHF freqs in the LV area? Probably yes, but do they comply 
with the requirements of 47 CFR 90.187?  Very likely NOT?  Also, isn't it 
highly inappropriate and potentially libelous to be naming names in a public 
fora?

This whole sordid mess doesn't pass the smell test, no matter how you look at 
it.  Shame on the officials in NV for not asking the very simple questions, 
way back when, that could have avoided most of this pain and suffering.  The 
really sorry part is the fact the citizens of NV are footing the bill for the 
possible criminal and certainly grossly negligent behavior of their elected 
and/or civil service employees.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/uetFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/