Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Space Data granted half of Narrowband PCS spectrum

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 May 2003 13:14:17 -0400

Space Data granted half of Narrowband PCS spectrum

 IWCE/MRT, May 5 2003

 The Federal Communications Commission granted licenses for half of the Narrowband
Personal Communications Systems
 (PCS) spectrum to Space Data Corp., which uses weather balloons rather than towers to
deploy services.

 The licenses allow Space Data to provide nationwide coverage in the 900 MHz band. Space
Data was the successful bidder in
 the FCC Auction 41 for these 204 licenses in 2001 and completed full payment of its bid
amount this month.

 Space Data is the first FCC licensee to partner with Native American tribal governments
to earn bidding credits in a FCC
 auction. The partnership commits the company to provide wireless service to various
tribal lands throughout the country.

http://iwce-mrt.com/ar/radio_space_data_granted/index.htm

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading!
Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/cjB9SD/od7FAA/uetFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/