Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Re: Nevada Another "Spurious Emission"

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 01:43:12 -0400

-------- Original Message --------
   From: [email-masked]
Subject:  Re: Nevada (Another "Spurious Emission")

In a message dated 5/17/2003 3:08:43 PM Eastern Standard Time

> The REAL problem is NOT about licensed or
> unlicensed operation.

With all due respect, any effort on your part to diminish the seriousness of the
unlicensed operation falls on very deaf ears here.  Raising two young daughters, I am
constantly having to remind them that, just because someone else violates the law (in one
way or another), it does not give my kids the right to do the same.

Similarly, we have quite a few operators (some of which probably read this board) that
have illegally licensed 800 MHz Business and Industrial channels for "internal use only",
but are in actuality running an SMR system.  When my clients call me and say "he's doing
it, why can't I?", it becomes a very difficult conversation.  I usually suggest that they
(through me) report such conduct to the Commission, and sometimes they do.  However, that
winds up being a hugely expensive and time-consuming proposition to put together a well
documented case.

In this case, it was the police operating illegally.  Such actions makes it more difficult
for me to teach respect for law enforcement to my children.

Alan