Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Missouri lawsuit against Sprint PCS, Nextel set for October

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 02:54:33 -0400

Missouri lawsuit against Sprint PCS, Nextel set for October

May 16 13:19:00, 2003

A state judge set Oct. 6 as the trial date for Missouri Attorney General Jay Nixon’s
billing lawsuit against Sprint PCS and
Nextel Communications Inc. Last December, Nixon sued Sprint PCS and Nextel to force the
two mobile-phone operators
to change their billing to clarify to consumers that fees for local number portability,
number pooling, enhanced 911 and
other federal mandates are not government-imposed taxes.

The two carriers are in talks to settle the case before it goes to trial. Elsewhere, 20
other state attorneys general and
the mobile-phone industry are trying to hammer out a global settlement on billing,
advertising and other business
practices.

http://rcrnews.com/cgi-bin/news.pl?newsId=13526

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/uetFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/