Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Remember Kevin Mitnick?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 18:48:22 -0400

This is going to upset a few people-
The funny thing is you must fill out a form to get pricing.

Check this out.....You get

"Voucher for the Certified Social Engineering Protection Specialist
examination"

Social Engineering???

We use to call that a BS artist in High Scchool....am I that old???

====== INTENSE CERTIFICATION ======

Remember Kevin Mitnick? He is the reformed hacker, who was
arrested in 1995 for hacking into some of the largest companies in the
world, including: Sun Microsystems, Motorola and MCI. After breaking
into several computer systems, he became the most wanted hacker in
the world. Presently Kevin is a highly successful international
Computer Security expert, and has authored a comprehensive book
on the subject of Social Engineering prevention called "The Art of
Deception".

Now, Kevin is getting Intense! He joins forces with Intense School to
bring his expertise and experience to Information Security
professionals across the country with a 2-day course on Social
Engineering, Hacking and Prevention. With the help of fascinating true
stories of successful computer attacks, he teaches others how to
protect sensitive company data. In his Intense School Social
Engineering Workshops, he illustrates just how susceptible even the
most locked-down information systems are to a slick con artist
impersonating an IRS agent. To see an outline of the course objectives
and a schedule of Workshop dates.......

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

While you may have a warm and fuzzy feeling knowing you've patched all your
servers, deployed the best firewalls and instituted the latest multi-method
authentication techniques, the world's most celebrated hacker can show you
how - in minutes - he can neatly bypass your hardware arsenal and extract your
company's crown jewels.

The simple fact is this: People are, and always have been, the most vulnerable
aspect of any organization's security infrastructure - but this is more pressing
today because information can be transferred more quickly than at any other
time in history. One slip by only one individual in your organization, can release
the equivalent of reams of sensitive data in mere seconds. There simply isn't
time to respond unless you are prepared!

Our Intense Hacking Workshop, taught by former hacker turned security
consultant, Kevin Mitnick, and his long time colleague, Alex Kasper, will teach
you why people are your greatest vulnerability, how the malicious hacker uses
Social Engineering, and what can be done to minimize social engineering
based attacks in your organization.

In partnership with Intense School, Kevin and the team at Defensive Thinking
have developed a one-of-a-kind workshop that will do more than any other event
toward changing your view of your company's security.

During this course you will:

1.Learn how Social Engineering (SE) can impact your business and the
serious threat this type of attack poses to your organization.
2.Learn why SE is the most effective way to compromise valuable
information assets - and why it's the first choice for any serious hacker.
3.Why many security professionals underestimate the threat of SE
4.How to develop penetration testing skills to test your own organization's
security controls.
5.Study the methodologies, tactics, and strategies of SE
6.Discuss ways of changing employee attitudes and behavior to recognize
and reject attempts to steal information
7.How to identify many serious security weaknesses that are typically
overlooked in most organizations - including, but not limited to:
a.Telephone and Voicemail system vulnerabilities
b.Intercom, Paging and Radio System surveillance
c.Bypassing mechanical and electronic lock/control systems
d.Video Surveillance
e.Dumpster Diving
f.Document and Authorization Forgery
g.How to analyze public and semi-public sources of information -
and what you need to do to limit information leakage.
8.How to develop, implement, and effectively communicate anti-SE
security policies.
9.How to institute an on-going and effective employee awareness program
10.How to develop an incident response plan and how to set up a response
team
11.How to set up a data classification system
12.How to destroy sensitive data
13.Learn the importance of conducting employee background checks - and
how to do it effectively.

Certification: Certified Social Engineering Protection Specialist
Upon completion of the course, you have the option of sitting the CSEPS
Examination. This Certification requires an in-depth understanding of social
engineering techniques and countermeasures, as well as methods of
prevention, detection and response. Successful exam candidates receive
certification within 14 days via mail, including a certificate signed by Kevin
Mitnick himself.

Prerequisites:
This course is largely non-technical as it covers social engineering and physical
based attacks on information systems and computing resources, however basic
proficiency in fundamental computer operation is necessary. While this class
should be required for all Information Security Professionals, it is a great value
to anyone with a stake in the security of information assets.

What's included?

2 days of Intensive training with Kevin Mitnick and the team at Defensive
Thinking
Dynamic presentation with demonstration of social engineering attacks
and countermeasures, role-playing, labs, rich multimedia and
eye-opening stories
Voucher for the Certified Social Engineering Protection Specialist
examination
A personalized copy of "The Art of Deception: Controlling the Human
Element of Security" by Kevin Mitnick and William Simon
2 nights at a luxury hotel
All Breakfasts and Lunches

Duration:
2 days

Mitnick's Social Engineering Workshop Schedule
9/8/2003

Los Angeles, Ca

www.intenseschool.com
-- 
  		"NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
		Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

		"NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

		"WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
 	   The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/CNxFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/