Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Motorola On Refarming & Narrow Band Deployment Dates

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 May 2003 21:13:33 -0400

Motorola On Refarming- see attached presentation
=====================================================
May 2, 2003

VIA ELECTRONIC FILING
Marlene H. Dortch, Secretary
Federal Communications Commission
445 12th Street, S.W.
Washington, D.C. 20554
Re: WT Docket No. 96-86
WT Docket No. 99-87

Dear Ms. Dortch:

On April 30, 2003, I accompanied Stu Overby and Steve Sharkey of
Motorola, Inc., to a meeting with D’Wana Terry, Herb Zeiler and Scot Stone from
the Public Safety and Private Wireless Division of the Wireless Telecommunications
Bureau. At this meeting, Motorola discussed the technical standards applicable to
public safety and private wireless licensees operating in the 150-174 MHz, 421-512
MHz and 700 MHz bands that are the subject of the two proceedings referenced
above.

Motorola sought staff clarification of some of the provisions contained in the
Second Report and Order in WT Docket No. 99-87.1 Motorola also discussed the
existing deadlines for the introduction of 6.25 kHz equipment in the VHF and UHF
frequency bands which will be the subject of the Second Further Notice of Proposed
Rule Making in this same proceeding.

During this meeting, Motorola also reiterated its positions expressed in its
recently filed petition for reconsideration in WT Docket No. 96-86.3 The attached
document, which compares and contrasts the issues raised in these two proceedings,
was distributed to the staff and should therefore be associated with these two
dockets.

Pursuant to Section 1.1206(b)(2) of the Commission’s rules, 47 C.F.R.
§1.1206(b)(2), one copy of this letter is being filed electronically for inclusion in the
public record for both of these proceedings. If you have any questions regarding
this filing, please contact me at the above number.

Sincerely,

/S/ Michael A. Lewis
Michael A. Lewis
Engineering Consultant
Wiley Rein & Fielding
Counsel for Motorola, Inc.

http://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/prod/ecfs/retrieve.cgi?native_or_pdf=pdf&id_document=6514082961

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Rent DVDs Online - Over 14,500 titles.
No Late Fees & Free Shipping.
Try Netflix for FREE!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/YoVfrB/XP.FAA/uetFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/