Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Opposition To Nextel's "Scam Plan" Continues-

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 14:10:36 -0400

Opposition To Nextel's "Scam Plan" Continues-
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
May 29, 2003
Marlene H. Dortch, Esq.
Secretary

Federal Communications Commission
445 Twelfth Street, S.W.
Washington, D.C. 20554

Re: Notice of Ex Parte Meeting: Improving Public Safety Communications in the

800 MHz Band, WT Docket No. 02-55

Dear Ms. Dortch:

Pursuant to Section 1.1206(b)(2) of the Commission's Rules, this is to notify you
that
Randolph Helmick, Vice President of Operations for Entergy Gulf States, Inc.,
Wally Vega,
Director of Utility Group Safety for Entergy Corporation, Mark Faust, Manager of
Technical
Architecture for Entergy Services Corporation, Steve Paquette, Manager of Wireless
and Fiber
Engineering for Entergy Services Corporation (SAIC), and Shirley Fujimoto and
Jeffrey
Sheldon, counsel to Entergy Corporation, met yesterday with Bryan Tramont and Brad
Doline,
of Chairman Powell's office, and Trey Hanbury, of the International Bureau, to
discuss the issues
in the above-referenced docket.

We discussed the positions advanced by Entergy Corporation and Entergy Services
Corporation in their written comments and reply comments in this proceeding.
Entergy noted in
particular its opposition to Nextel's "Consensus Plan" due to the severe
disruption it would cause
to Energy's ability to safely and reliably provide electric and gas service during
the rebanding
process. Entergy also described its concern with Nextel's proposal to relocate
utility licensees
from 851-854 MHz to a "guard band" at 859-861 MHz where they would be subject to
increased
potential for interference from Nextel's operations and with only minimal
regulatory protections
from such interference. Moreover, because of Consensus Parties' proposal to
"freeze"
Business/ILT licensing in the 800 MHz band, such licensees would be prohibited
from
improving coverage or adding additional repeater sites to overcome interference
for at least 7-9
years after commencement of the rebanding process.

Entergy noted that the safety of its field crews, who routinely work in dangerous
conditions, must not be compromised during or after a rebanding process. Entergy
therefore
expressed its support for a measured response to interference that does not
require the massive
rebanding Nextel has proposed.

Pursuant to the Commission's Rules, one copy of this notice is being filed
electronically
with the Commission. If there are any questions concerning this matter, please let
me know.
Very truly yours,

/s/ Shirley S. Fujimoto
Shirley S. Fujimoto
cc: Bryan Tramont, FCC
Trey Hanbury, FCC
Brad Doline, FCC

http://svartifoss2.fcc.gov/prod/ecfs/retrieve.cgi?native_or_pdf=pdf&id_document=6514149032
-- 
  		"NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
		Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

		"NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

		"WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
 	   The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/