Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel Partners sets CEO salary, discloses 2 suits

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 23:25:30 -0400

Nextel Partners sets CEO salary, discloses 2 suits
Tuesday May 13, 6:30 pm ET

CHICAGO, May 13 (Reuters) - Wireless telephone company Nextel Partners Inc. (NasdaqNM:NXTP
- News) on Tuesday said it agreed to pay President and Chief Executive Officer John
Chapple a base salary of $375,000 for the year started Feb. 24.

The Nextel Communications Inc. (NasdaqNM:NXTL - News) affiliate said in its Securities and
Exchange Commission (News - Websites) quarterly filing that Chapple will also get an
additional bonus of up to the same amount if performance targets are met.

According to Nextel Partners' proxy statement filed in April, Chapple earned $239,400 plus
a bonus of $170,800 in 2002.

The Kirkland, Washington-based company also disclosed in its 10-Q filing that a lawsuit
was filed on April 1 in the District Court of Hidalgo County, Texas seeking class-action
status against the company, Nextel and Nextel West Corp.

The plaintiffs seek to stop the companies from allegedly increasing prices for wireless
service "falsely and deceptively."

Nextel Partners also said a second suit was filed on May 3 seeking class-action status in
the Leon County, Florida, circuit court, against the company, Nextel and Nextel South
Corp. for "allegedly deceptively and misleadingly characterizing charges on subscriber
bills."

Both lawsuits seek a refund of fees paid as well as any punitive damages and attorneys'
fees.

Nextel Partners said it believes both cases to be "groundless."

-- http://biz.yahoo.com/rc/030513/telecoms_nextelpartners_1.html
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Rent DVDs Online - Over 14,500 titles.
No Late Fees & Free Shipping.
Try Netflix for FREE!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/YoVfrB/XP.FAA/uetFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/