Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Talking Stocks-CNNfn-THE-MONEY-GANG-03 on Nextel

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 May 2003 14:17:23 -0400

Talking Stocks

May 9, 2003 12:18am

CNNfn-THE-MONEY-GANG-03

Talking Stocks, CNNfn

xfdfn CNNfn-THE-MONEY-GANG-03

Show: THE MONEY GANG >

Date: May 8, 2003>

Time: 13:00:00>

Tran: 050803cb.l26>

Type: INTERVIEW>

Head: Talking Stocks, CNNfn>

Sect: Business>

Byline: Ali Velshi, Pat Kiernan>

Guest: Jim Glickenhaus>

Spec: Business; Stock Markets>

Time: 14:08:00>

<SNIP>

Hello, Paul.

CALLER: Good afternoon. What is your outlook for Nextel Communications
(Company: Nextel Communications Inc.; Ticker:
NXTL; URL: http://www.nextel.com/ )?

GLICKENHAUS: Nextel, obviously, has a pretty good product. They``ve had
a very good stock move, you know, from its low, if
you look at the chart. I mean it``s a very nice chart. It is a bit toppy (ph)
certainly at 16, although it``s come down off of that
height. But the question for Nextel I think is business. Most of Nextel``s
customers, I believe, are business customers because
of their radio techniques as well as their cell phones and that``s the thing. If the
economy gets up and running, I think Nextel will
do very well. I think if we tread water in this position, I think the stock will tread
water.

VELSHI: Nextel has had quite a gain after languishing a long time. It was just
going nowhere. No one seemed to be so keen on
the technology and then all of a sudden.

GLICKENHAUS: Well I think it``s more than that. I think people were afraid it
might go broke. I mean-you know I think that there
was really liquidity questions on it. And when they not only showed that they
were able to pay their debt, they had some very
expensive debt, which they retired, I think people said, oh, OK, maybe things
are well. And once the first round of layoffs were
through, people stuck with it.

VELSHI: Let``s take a break. We``ll come back and talk to Jim Glickenhaus
some more. He is a portfolio manager with
Glickenhaus & Company.

KIERNAN: 1-800-304-FNET. Just had a wave of e-mail come in here but
we``ll try to get to as much of it as we can.
[email-masked].

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

VELSHI: You``re watching THE MONEY GANG. We``re here every day
except Saturday and Sunday. Jim Glickenhaus of
Glickenhaus and Company is with, not all the time but frequently, and he``s
taking your e-mails and stock calls today. You``ve

http://hoovnews.hoovers.com/fp.asp?layout=displaynews&doc_id=NR20030509140.5_f120024677f60aa9&ticker=NXTL&l=ticker_news&sym=NXTL&s=1

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Rent DVDs Online - Over 14,500 titles.
No Late Fees & Free Shipping.
Try Netflix for FREE!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/YoVfrB/XP.FAA/uetFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/