Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Timmy is getting desperate- Nextel is Recycling Pressers

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 19:08:53 -0400

Timmy is getting desperate- Nextel is Recycling Pressers.
On May 7th Nextel originally announced this program.
First Timmy milks 9/11 now the Iraq War this company has NO SHAME!

=============================================================================

Padres & American Red Cross Remind Americans Not to Forget Troops and Their
Families
Thursday May 29, 1:07 pm ET

Nextel Alliance Offers Simple Way for Public to Show Support
SAN DIEGO, May 29 /PRNewswire/ -- Despite an end to major combat in Iraq, the
American Red Cross continues its support of U.S. troops and their families. Tens
of thousands of military service men and women continue to be deployed under
Operation Iraqi Freedom and will depend on American Red Cross emergency
communication services to keep them connected to their loved ones back home. At
Wednesday night's San Diego Padres game, the American Red Cross and Nextel
Communications Inc. (Nasdaq: NXTL - News) kicked off their joint nationwide DONATE
A PHONE® campaign and customer donation program to raise critical funds for the
services the organization provides to military members and their families.

Through a worldwide communication network, that includes the San Diego- based call
center, the American Red Cross supports U.S. men and women in uniform by:
facilitating emergency communication; mobilizing and deploying Red Cross workers
to live and work alongside troops; reaching out to the "changing face" of the
military, members of the National Guard/Reserves and their families; and other
social services. From the home front to the frontlines, the Red Cross delivers
emergency messages such as the death of a loved one, a serious illness or the
birth of a child. Since January, demand for American Red Cross services has
increased significantly. The American Red Cross estimates it will need
approximately $8 million to cover costs for emergency communication and other
vital services relating to the campaign in Iraq.

"The San Diego Padres and the American Red Cross have a long history of supporting
our military members and their families," said Ronne Froman, CEO of the American
Red Cross San Diego/Imperial Counties Chapter. "We are proud to welcome Nextel as
a new partner in support of our critically needed American Red Cross Armed Forces
Emergency Services."

The DONATE A PHONE program is a simple way for Americans to support military
members and their families by donating their old wireless phones. The Cellular
Telecommunications & Internet Association (CTIA) Wireless Foundation, the
philanthropic organization for the nation's wireless industry and the creator of
the DONATE A PHONE program, estimates that approximately 30 million old wireless
phones lay idle in American homes and businesses.

Americans can participate in the program by taking their old wireless phones from
any manufacturer to any one of Nextel's 450-plus retail stores around the nation,
including its six stores in the San Diego/Imperial Counties market. After
recycling and refurbishing the phones, Nextel will donate the net proceeds of the
resale value, which averages $1.50 for each phone collected, to the national
American Red Cross Armed Forces Emergency Services, the arm of the organization
that supports service members and their families.

In addition, the public will have the opportunity to make donations to the
American Red Cross at Nextel stores. Phones can be donated and cash donations can
be made at the following San Diego-area retail store locations: Escondido Gateway
at 860 West Valley Parkway in Escondido; San Diego Spectrum at 9211 Clairemont
Mesa Blvd. in San Diego; Carmel Mountain Road at 12045 Carmel Mountain Road in San
Diego; 1615 Murray Canyon Road in San Diego; Downtown La Jolla at 7874 Girard
Avenue in La Jolla; El Camino North at 2515-C Vista Way in Oceanside; and 1st
Choice Wireless at 252-1 N. El Camino Real in Encinitas.
Nextel Communications' Area Vice President for Southern California Mike Finley
said, "We want to thank the Padres for helping us get the word out about this very
important program. Many people around the nation want to help the families whose
loved ones are serving our country overseas. This DONATE A PHONE campaign is an
easy way for all of us to help keep military members connected to the home front."

Donna Pena of Ramona, Calif., joined Finley and Froman on the field as Bill
Geppert, Red Cross board member and vice president and general manager of Cox
Communications, threw out the ceremonial first pitch. Pena is a recent survivor of
a life-threatening heart attack. Her family had to turn to the Red Cross to
provide emergency communications to relay the message of her illness to her son
Miguel - currently serving in the Navy. Because of Pena's condition, Miguel was
granted leave and was able to join his family at Donna's bedside. In a twist of
fate, Donna was saved because her rescuer had taken a CPR class with the Red
Cross.

The American Red Cross and Nextel officials kicked off the campaign May 7, 2003,
during a ceremony on the front steps of the American Red Cross National
Headquarters in Washington, D.C.

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/030529/neth026_1.html
-- 
  		"NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
		Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

		"NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

		"WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
 	   The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/CNxFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/