Subject: [NEXTEL-1] 20,000 KB Per Second Guaranteed Wireless Internet Access Now Possible with Calypso Wireless' New Wi-Fi Access Points

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 15:25:00 -0400

May 14, 2003 06:45 AM US Eastern Timezone

20,000 KB Per Second Guaranteed Wireless Internet Access Now Possible with Calypso
Wireless' New Wi-Fi Access Points

Calypso C1250i - the world's first and only cell phone capable of seamlessly switching
back and forth between the cellular networks and the new Wi-Fi networks. It uses Wi-Fi to
connect users to the Internet at blazing broadband speeds of 11 MB per second, enabling
movie-quality, real-time video conferencing.

Calypso access point enables wireless Internet access at speeds of over 20Mbps per second
over the universally deployed twisted pair copper wiring. It turns regular phone line into
a high-speed wireless hot spot.

MIAMI LAKES, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--May 14, 2003--
  New Technology Enables Real-Time Videoconferencing via Cell Phone

Calypso Wireless Inc. (OTC:CLYW), the premier broadband wireless device and technology
manufacturer that is making the cellular real-time video phones of the future today,
announced today that it will launch its 2nd generation Wi-Fi access points in the fourth
quarter of 2003. New access points come with a revolutionary and patented technology that
enables wireless Internet access at guaranteed speeds of 20,000 KB per second (20 MBPS)
over the universally deployed twisted pair copper wiring, making current wire-based DSL
and Cable modem Internet connections antiquated and almost obsolete.

Calypso Wireless C1250i video cell phone is the first and only mobile phone capable of
using Wi-Fi to connect users to the Internet at blazing broadband speeds of 11,000KB per
second, enabling movie-quality, real-time video conferencing. The company recently signed
a $500 million deal with China Telecom (NYSE: CHA) and is in negotiations with several
U.S. based wireless communications companies.

"This technology is revolutionary. It permits large bandwidth signals such as full-motion
color video and high-speed data to be delivered through a broadband analog signal. Once
the technology is deployed by the carriers, the only thing you need to do is attach our
access point to your existing phone line, and you will immediately be able to enjoy 20MB
per second Internet access on your wireless device, such as a laptop computer equipped
with Calypso's PCMCIA network card or our state-of-art video cell phone," says Xavier
Sarria, Vice President of Sales for Calypso Wireless, Inc.

Calypso Wireless believes this is great news for the U.S. wireless carriers, such as
Nextel (Nasdaq:NXTL) and Sprint PCS (NYSE:PCS).

"Wireless carriers can now provide wireless solutions that are 200 times faster than their
existing solutions, and up to 200 times faster than existing wire-based DSL and cable
modem connections. If you could surf the net at 20MB per second, completely wireless and
do real-time video conferencing through your C1250i cell phone, why would you possibly
want to continue to use traditional Internet connections?" asks Sarria.

However, instead of competing with local phone companies, Internet Service Providers or
cable companies, Calypso Wireless is teaming up with them. The company's access points
works on other service providers' existing infrastructure.

"Instead of promoting DSL services, Earthlink (Nasdaq:ELNK) and America Online (NYSE:AOL)
could market our private label Wi-Fi access points to their customers, increasing revenues
and optimizing customer satisfaction. The same applies to local phone and cable companies
as well," Sarria states.

This is not just a futuristic vision. The technology that enables the broadband delivery
through a traditional copper phone line has already been successfully deployed by the U.S.
military. This is Calypso's first commercial application for the technology. The company's
C1250i video cell phones should go into mass production later this year to satisfy the
initial order from China Telecom. Calypso is also in various stages of negotiations with
major wireless carriers around the world. Since the company's phones are able to
seamlessly switch between traditional cellular networks and access points, wireless
carriers will be able to provide value added high-speed services at a price premium
without any major infrastructure investments. Calypso Wireless believes it is 2 to 5 years
ahead of its competition.

"Virtually every telephone company in the world utilizes copper wiring. What if phone
companies in countries that have been technologically left behind, could start providing
their customers high-speed Internet access, making video-on-demand, high-speed Internet
access, distance learning, telemedicine and video conferencing available to everyone?"
envisions Sarria.

Calypso startled the telecommunications world in February when it announced that it had
signed a $500 million contract to deliver mobile phones and network systems to China
Telecom. China Telecom's customers will actually be able to utilize a new set of high
value-added services such as two-way real time videoconferencing at the speed of 30 frames
per second or wireless Internet access up to 200 times faster than cable broadband users
have been accustomed to in the U.S.

Last week, Calypso Wireless announced that it intends to file an application to become
listed on the Nasdaq Market by the end of 2003. An SEC certified auditing firm is
currently in the process of auditing the company's financial statements. Upon completion,
Calypso plans to immediately start the process leading to an application to become listed
on the Nasdaq Market. The company is currently trading over-the-counter under the ticker
symbol CLYW.

About Calypso Wireless

Calypso Wireless is the company behind the world's only mobile real-time video phone
capable of seamlessly switching back and forth between the cellular networks and the new
Wi-Fi networks. Calypso's sleek new C1250i cellular video phone is the first and only
mobile phone capable of using Wi-Fi to connect users to the Internet at blazing broadband
speeds of 11,000 KB per second, enabling movie-quality, real-time video conferencing. This
speed is up to 200 times faster than connection speeds currently available from some U.S.
wireless carriers.

Last year the number of cellular phones sold worldwide exceed 400 million units. In the
United States alone, approximately 90 million cellular phones were sold.

Wi-Fi is expected to be one of the hottest growth areas in the technology sector and in
the telecommunications industry over the next few years. The number of cellular phones,
PDAs and laptops equipped for Wi-Fi is increasing rapidly as well. The number of wireless
network hardware units in the U.S. has grown from less that one million units in 2001 to
approximately eight million units in 2002 and is expected to reach over 60 million units
in 2005 (In-Stat MDR).

The number of Wi-Fi hot spots (points where users can connect to the Internet without
wires) is exploding. Many companies are creating them to attract tech savvy consumers to
their facilities. For example, Starbucks already has 2,000 hot spots and McDonalds should
have 300 by the end of the year. When Calypso video phone users enter one of these
establishments, they will have access to the Internet via these Wi-Fi hot spots. The
number of commercial hot spots will jump from an estimated 9,700 this year to nearly
50,000 by 2006 (IDC). The number of users actually paying to access this growing number of
hot spots is expected to grow to 5.5 million by 2006 (Allied Business Intelligence). Last
week Verizon announced the company will deploy Wi-Fi with its payphones in a plan similar
to the one launched by Bell Canada (NYSE: BCE)

Calypso Wireless currently has the only real-time video mobile phone in the world that is
capable of seamlessly switching back and forth between the cellular network and the new
Wi-Fi networks. Calypso's sleek new C1250i video phone is the first and only mobile phone
capable of using Wi-Fi to connect users to the Internet at blazing broadband speeds of
11,000 KB per second, enabling movie-quality, real-time video conferencing.

Calypso Wireless Inc. is headquartered in Miami Lakes, Florida. For more information about
Calypso Wireless and its products and services, please visit the company's Web site at
http://www.calypsowireless.com.

This release is intended as a forward-looking statement within the meaning of the Private
Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. The risks and uncertainties that may affect the
operations, performance development and results of the Company's business include but are
not limited to (i) The ability to provide technology in the future, (ii) Unexpected
changes in the technology market, (iii) The success of the Company's expansion and sales
and marketing strategies (iv) Competition within the Data Synchronization market (v) The
ability of the Company to continue to finance its long-term strategy and expansion (vi)
The ability of the Company to motivate and retain the services of its key personnel and
hire additional qualified personnel to meet evolving staffing needs.

Note: Photos available at URLs:
http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/photo.cgi?pw.051403/bb2
http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/photo.cgi?pw.051403/bb2a

http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/home/index.jsp?epi-content=GENERIC&newsId=20030514005256&headlineSearchConfigBO=1052823600000%20%20groupByDate%20%201%209999%20189003600000%20Calypso%2BWireless%2B%20%20%20false%20false%201052958580000%201052933446000%201052940027000%20en%20&newsLang=en&beanID=2133606841&viewID=news_view

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Rent DVDs Online - Over 14,500 titles.
No Late Fees & Free Shipping.
Try Netflix for FREE!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/YoVfrB/XP.FAA/uetFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/