Subject: [NEXTEL-1] EFJohnson Announces Contract Award From Palm Beach County, Florida

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 14:49:54 -0400

EFJohnson Announces Contract Award From Palm Beach County, Florida

Washington, DC – May 9, 2003-- EFJ, Inc. (OTC Bulletin Board: EFJI) announced that
EFJohnson has received a contract award for $485,000 from Palm Beach County, Florida. The
contract is for EFJohnson’s 9800 series SMARTNET™/SmartZone® mobile radios for use in
their county service vehicles and the 5300 series Project 25 digital mobile radios to be
used in the county’s Palm Tran public transportation system buses.
“This contract award reaffirms EFJohnson’s commitment to bring quality land mobile radio
equipment to the market place at all levels, whether state and local, or federal
government,” said Michael Jalbert, EFJ, Inc. chairman and chief executive officer.

“We are proud that Palm Beach County has chosen EFJohnson to support their public service
efforts by supplying mobile radios for use in their county vehicles and Palm Tran buses,”
said Denny Blaine, EFJohnson executive vice president of sales and marketing.

Celebrating its 80th anniversary in 2003, the EFJohnson Company (EFJohnson) provides
digital Project 25-compliant interoperable wireless communications systems solutions for
federal, state and local agencies involved with homeland security and public safety.
EFJohnson was one of the first developers of wireless communications products to be fully
compliant with federal government interoperability specifications. The company designs,
manufactures and markets conventional and trunked radio systems, land mobile radio
repeaters and mobile and portable radios. EFJohnson, headquartered in Waseca, Minnesota,
is a wholly owned subsidiary of EFJ, Inc. (OTC Bulletin Board: EFJI). For more
information, visit www.efjohnson.com.

http://www.efjohnson.com/News/News_Detail.asp?ArticleID=152

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading!
Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/aM1XQD/od7FAA/uetFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/