Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Theft And Fraud!!

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 May 2003 15:52:03 -0400

Got a Nextel Complaint? Join the hundreds of others who have logged a complaint with
Nextel. I predict this site will be getting a lot of attention after WSJ, NYT, or the
Wash. Post starts running with this story.

http://www.PlanetFeedback.com/
==================================
Theft And Fraud!!

To: Nextel Communications

The world thrives on communication today, which is why I'm so upset
with the experience at Nextel Communications. Quite honestly, I'm
furious about this issue. Just for the record, here's my telephone
information:

Here's my complaint: Here is the situation: I had purchased a i95c on
Friday,April 25,2003. Now it was billed to my crdit card and the
transaction was processed at about 12:18pm. The total for the phone
order was $352.38. I call my bank today and they tell me nextel has
to amounts going through. Now, the nex amount was for $351.69 and
the time this went through was at 4:15am Saturday, April 26,2003. I
was sleeping at this time. I did not authorize this charge to go on my
account. I call nextel and they tell me I have a outstanding bill.
Which I do not. My bill has been paid and is up to date. I find out
they charged me for someone elses account. They never removed
my name from a previous account and did not have my permission to
charge this account. They never had my credit card number for this
other account. This is theft and fraud. If this does not get resloved, I
will have operator #888082 arrested for theft and fraud. Who is this
person to authorize a transaction on my credit card to nextel??

I'm not surprised, and do you know why? I've been very dissatisfied
with your company in the past. But given the nature of this problem,
I'll take my business elsewhere from now on. And I'll definitely tell
other people about my negative experience so they can avoid it in the
future.

Here's what I'd like to see happen: I want nextel to put the $351.69
back to my credit card ASAP!!!!I want a letter of apology from this
person as well as nextel!

I hope you get back to me soon. In this age of modern
communication, seemingly simple things should not go unresolved.
I'll expect a response within 10 business days.

From:
Charles W.
Stormville, NY

 http://www.PlanetFeedback.com/sharedLetters/viewLetter/0,2936,102782-100-0-0-20-0-fb_date-desc-221969-0,00.html

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Rent DVDs from home.
Over 14,500 titles. Free Shipping
& No Late Fees. Try Netflix for FREE!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/BVVfoB/hP.FAA/uetFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: Joe Griffin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 May 2003 17:08:42 -0400

> http://www.PlanetFeedback.com/

ok...this sounds like he had an account before, and they know it, and 
tagged this account for the cash.

and why have all these emails ended with the same paragraph?

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Rent DVDs Online - Over 14,500 titles.
No Late Fees & Free Shipping.
Try Netflix for FREE!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/YoVfrB/XP.FAA/uetFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

---

From: Evan Platt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 May 2003 14:25:41 -0700

>tagged this account for the cash.

That's what I was thinking too....

>and why have all these emails ended with the same paragraph?

And started with the same paragraph.

It's preformatted when you file a 'complaint' on that site. :)

Evan

---

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 May 2003 17:35:09 -0400

Planet feed back makes it easy for those who may have difficulties with writing
composition. They supply the formal  statements and the Complainant supplies the facts in
the body of the letter. Makes it easy and ensures the customer gets a reply within a
specified period of time.
--------------------------------------
Joe Griffin wrote:

---

From: Evan Platt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 May 2003 15:07:02 -0700

>specified period of time.

I wouldn't say it 'ensures' they get a reply within a specified period of 
time. I wrote a fax to T-Mobile. Took a month. Letter says

Evan Platt
<address>

Dear Mr. Rodriguez:

....

I don't think you'd EVER see a response in 10 days.

Evan

---

From: "marcel_rf1" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 May 2003 22:19:38 -0000

The time is *specified* by the carriers policy that is why I did not 
say 10 Days. Every carrier has one.

Some carriers policy may say a "Reasonable Amount of Time" but it is 
specified. It is "Catch 22" in favor of the carrier.

--- In [email-masked], Evan Platt <eplatt@3...> wrote:
> >Planet feed back makes it easy for those who may have difficulties 
with 
> >writing
> >the body of the letter. Makes it easy and ensures the customer gets 
a 
> >reply within a

---

From: Evan Platt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 May 2003 15:19:48 -0700

>say 10 Days. Every carrier has one.

Oh. Didn't know that. Cingular, when e-mailing their billing department, 
you get an autoreply that says it will take 15-20 BUSINESS days for a reply.

Yes, A MONTH.

Evan

---

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 May 2003 18:37:51 -0400

Yep, it could be 30, 60, 90 days or more it is on their nickel. There are some "Guide
lines" set forth by the FTC but no mandates. If you also file a complaint with the FCC
that makes them move a lot faster.

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG