Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Leading Technology Sales and Marketing Executives to Gather at NETSEA Quarterly Meeting

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 22:05:44 -0400

( BW)(MA-NETSEA) Leading Technology Sales and Marketing Executives to
Gather at NETSEA Quarterly Meeting

Business Editors/High-Tech Writers

BURLINGTON, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--May 21, 2003--

One of the Fastest Growing Professional Organizations in New England to
Help Technology Executives Better Leverage Alliances in Today's
Challenging Economic Climate

NETSEA, the New England Technology Sales, Marketing and Business
Development Association, today announced its quarterly gathering of
technology executives.

Scheduled to take place on May 29, 2003, from 6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.,
this educational and networking event will gather hundreds of sales,
marketing and business development executives and feature a panel
discussion on making alliances pay off in a challenging economy. NETSEA,
one of the fastest growing professional organizations in New England,
will present the event in conjunction with the Association of Strategic
Alliance Professionals (A.S.A.P.)

Top Partnership Experts to Present

In today's difficult business climate, companies can no longer enter an
alliance with vague promises of future success--investors and company
leaders demand measurable results. Moderated by Ben Gomes-Casseres,
author of two books on alliances and a business professor at Brandeis
University, the event will feature a panel to discuss best practices for
forging successful alliances, how partnerships can enhance business
strategy and strengthen a business model, and how to measure alliance
success to achieve bottom-line value.
Featured presenters will also include:

-- Ron Corriveau: Legato Systems (Nasdaq: LGTO); Associations of
Strategic Alliance Professionals
-- Myron Kassaraba: Lanthorn Technologies; Trellix; Fidelity; Kodak
(NYSE: EK)
-- Christian Klacko: Akamai (Nasdaq: AKAM); Nextel (Nasdaq: NXTL); World
Bank
-- Michael Loria: Lotus Software; IBM (NYSE: IBM)

"As companies cut their operating expenditures to the bone, they will
come to rely more and more on partners to execute a part of their
business solution," said Steve Percoco, president of NETSEA and vice
president of global sales at Deploy Solutions. "That is why outsourcing,
collaboration with suppliers and market-entry alliances remain critical
business strategies, even while frivolous deal-making has declined.
Keeping with NETSEA's mission of fostering collaboration and exchange of
ideas among technology sales, marketing and business development
executives, this event will shed light on the essential information our
members and attendees need to succeed in the challenging economy."

Registration information

Participation in this event is free for registered NETSEA members.
Non-Members may attend for $65 at the door of the event, or for $50 if
they register early via www.netsea.org/events_eventreg.shtml.
Invitations for media are also available.

About A.S.A.P.:

The mission of the Association of Strategic Alliance Professionals
(A.S.A.P.) is to address the unmet needs of strategic alliance
professionals by acting as a central forum for the collection and
dissemination of resources to support the professional development of
its members and to advance the state of the art of strategic alliance
formation and management. (www.strategic-alliances.org).

About NETSEA

NETSEA provides collaboration, networking, continuous learning, and
development for high-tech sales, marketing and business development
executives in a peer group setting. The organization delivers a unique
blend of business resources and personal support that helps to make the
challenge of developing and growing a business both fulfilling and
worthwhile. With more than 200 members, NETSEA can be found on the World
Wide Web at www.netsea.org.

http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/cb_headline.cgi?&story_file=bw.052103/231415115&directory=/google&header_file=header.htm&footer_file=

--30--DC/bo*

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading!
Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/aM1XQD/od7FAA/uetFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/