Subject: [NEXTEL-1] FCC- 05/21/2003

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 18:49:27 -0400

FCC'S OFFICE OF STRATEGIC PLANNING AND POLICY ANALYSIS AND OFFICE OF
ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY RELEASE COMPREHENSIVE WHITE PAPER ON
UNLICENSED SPECTRUM.   Study Concludes Despite Downturn in Telecom
Sector Unlicensed Spectrum Devices Represent Important and Growing
Market, Stimulating Need for Further Regulatory Flexibility.  News
Release. Adopted:  05/21/2003. News Media Contact: Robin Pence at (202)
418-0505 or Lauren Van Wazer at (202) 418-0030  OPP. Contact Kenneth
Carter at (202) 418-1706 or Neal McNeil at (202) 418-2408
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-234738A1.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-234738A1.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-234738A1.txt> 

Report No: SES-00500 Released:  05/21/2003.  SATELLITE COMMUNICATIONS
SERVICES INFORMATION RE: ACTIONS TAKEN.  IB. Contact:  (202) 418-0719,
TTY: (202) 418-2555
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-234726A1.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-234726A1.txt> 

Report No: SES-00499 Released:  05/21/2003.  SATELLITE COMMUNICATIONS
SERVICES RE: SATELLITE RADIO APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED FOR FILING.  IB.
Contact:  (202) 418-0719, TTY: (202) 418-2555
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-234725A1.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-234725A1.txt> 

 Released:  05/21/2003.  OFFICE OF ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY AND THE
OFFICE OF STRATEGIC PLANNING AND POLICY ANALYSIS RELEASE JOINT STAFF
PAPER REGARDING UNLICENSED DEVICES AND ASSOCIATED REGULATORY ISSUES. (DA
No.  03-1758). (Dkt No 03-126). Comments Due:  08/21/2003.  OET.
Contact:  Neal McNeil at (202) 418-2408 or Kenneth Carter at (202)
418-1706. News Media Contact: Lauren Van Wazer at (202) 418-0030 or
Robin Pence at (202) 418-0505
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-03-1758A1.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-03-1758A1.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-03-1758A1.txt> 

Report No: 1501 Released:  05/21/2003.  WIRELESS TELECOMMUNICATIONS
BUREAU SITE-BY-SITE ACTIONS.  WTB
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-234730A1.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-234730A1.txt> 

Report No: 1500 Released:  05/21/2003.  WIRELESS TELECOMMUNICATIONS
BUREAU SITE-BY-SITE ACCEPTED FOR FILING.  WTB
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-234728A1.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-234728A1.txt> 

Report No: 1500A Released:  05/21/2003.  WIRELESS TELECOMMUNICATIONS
BUREAU SITE-BY-SITE ACCEPTED FOR FILING.  WTB
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-234729A1.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-234729A1.txt> 

Report No: 1505 Released:  05/21/2003.  WIRELESS TELECOMMUNICATIONS
BUREAU ASSIGNMENT OF AUTHORIZATION AND TRANSFER OF CONTROL APPLICATIONS
ACTION.  WTB
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-234732A1.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-234732A1.txt> 

Report No: 1504 Released:  05/21/2003.  WIRELESS TELECOMMUNICATIONS
BUREAU ASSIGNMENT OF AUTHORIZATION AND TRANSFER OF CONTROL APPLICATIONS
ACCEPTED FOR FILING.  WTB
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-234731A1.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-234731A1.txt> 

 OSP WORKING PAPER SERIES 39- UNLICENSED AND UNSHACKLED: A JOINT OSP-OET
WHITE PAPER ON UNLICENSED DEVICES AND THEIR REGULATORY ISSUES.   The
Federal Communications Commission's Office of Strategic Planning and
Office of Engineering and Technology today released OSP Working paper
No. 39. Action by:  Office of Strategic Planning and Office of
Engineering and Technology. Adopted:  05/21/2003 by REPORT.  OPP
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-234741A1.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-234741A1.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-234741A1.txt> 

 CHARLES T. CRAWFORD, DENNIS ENYEART, ET AL.   Dismissed the Further
Petition for Reconsideration and denied the Informal Request for
Commission action filed by James A. Kay, Jr. Action by:  Chief, Public
Safety and Private Wireless Division, Wireless Telecommunications
Bureau. Adopted:  05/19/2003 by ORDER. (DA No. 03-1734).  WTB
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-03-1734A1.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-03-1734A1.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-03-1734A1.txt> 
ADDENDA:  THE FOLLOWING ITEMS, RELEASED MAY 20, 2003, DID NOT APPEAR IN
DIGEST NO. 96:

 REMARKS BY FCC COMMISSIONER JONATHAN S. ADELSTEIN.  CMMR.  Before The
Media Institute, May 20, 2003, "Big Macs and Big Media:  The Decision to
Supersize"
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-234736A1.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-234736A1.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-234736A1.txt>

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/uetFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/