Subject: [NEXTEL-1] It's Back Timmy Donahue In "Nextel The One Trick Pony" Show.

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 19:36:28 -0400

It's Back Timmy Donahue In "Nextel The One Trick Pony Show".
http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/030519/195835_1.html
--

Highlights-

"In addition to the results prepared in accordance with GAAP (General Accounting Antics &
Pranks)  provided in this press release, Nextel has presented non-GAAP financial measures,
such as EBITDA (Earnings Before I Trick The Dumb Auditors) and free cash flow. The
non-GAAP financial measures should be considered in addition to, but not as a substitute
for, the
 information prepared in accordance with GAAP."

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/uetFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

Search - Finance Home - Yahoo! - Help

Welcome,
marcel_rf1
[Sign
Out]

Money Manager
-
My Yahoo! View
-
Customize

Financial
News

Enter
symbol(s) BasicDayWatchPerformanceReal-time MktDetailedChartResearchOptionsOrder
Book
Symbol Lookup

Press Release

Source:
Nextel Communications Inc.

Nextel CEO to Provide Update at Lehman Brothers Global Wireless Conference
Monday May 19, 6:06 pm ET

NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--May 19, 2003--In a keynote speech at
the Lehman Brothers Global Wireless Conference in New York, Nextel
Communications Inc. (NASDAQ:NXTL - News) President and CEO Tim Donahue will
tell investors tomorrow that the company is expanding its
differentiation in the wireless sector, delivering operational
efficiencies, and reaffirming its full-year 2003 guidance.

ADVERTISEMENT

Donahue will discuss the company's plans for expanding
differentiation in the areas of products, services, distribution,
network quality and customer care.

To view a live web cast of Donahue's speech, which begins tomorrow
(May 20) at 8:00 a.m. Eastern, visit
http://www.corporate-ir.net/ireye/ir_site.zhtml?ticker=NXTL&script=
1010&item_id=743571. (Due to the length of this URL, it may be
necessary to copy and paste this hyperlink into your Internet
browser's URL address field.)

"We're on track to achieve our 2003 guidance of $500 million or
more in free cash flow, $3.8 billion or more in operating income
before depreciation and amortization (EBITDA), at least 75 cents
Earnings Per Share, $1.8 billion or less in capital expenditures, and
1.7 million or more in net subscriber additions," said Donahue.

Nextel focuses on providing differentiated wireless services to
more than 11.1 million business, government and high-value individual
customers. The company will be expanding Nextel Direct Connect® -
the long-range digital walkie-talkie service that allows customers to
reach each other instantly without dialing a phone number - to
nationwide capability in the third quarter of 2003.

Nextel also provides a host of advanced wireless data applications
on a nationwide all-packet data network, in addition to offering
digital cellular service.

In addition to the results prepared in accordance with Generally
Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) provided in this press release,
Nextel has presented non-GAAP financial measures, such as EBITDA and
free cash flow. The non-GAAP financial measures should be considered
in addition to, but not as a substitute for, the information prepared
in accordance with GAAP.

To view the reconciliations from GAAP results to these non-GAAP
financial measures, visit the 'Investor Relations' link under the
'About Nextel' tab at www.nextel.com.

About Nextel

Nextel Communications, a Fortune 300 company based in Reston, Va.,
is a leading provider of fully integrated wireless communications
services and has built the largest guaranteed all-digital wireless
network in the country covering thousands of communities across the
United States. Nextel and Nextel Partners, Inc., currently serve 198
of the top 200 U.S. markets.

Through recent market launches, Nextel and Nextel Partners service
is available today in areas of the U.S. where approximately 240
million people live or work.

"Safe Harbor" Statement under the Private Securities Litigation
Reform Act of 1995. A number of the matters and subject areas
discussed in this press release that are not historical or current
facts deal with potential future circumstances and developments,
including our future expectations concerning our financial and
operating performance.

The discussion of such matters and subject areas is qualified by
the inherent risks and uncertainties surrounding future expectations
generally, and also may materially differ from Nextel's actual future
experience involving any one or more of such matters and subject
areas.

Nextel has attempted to identify, in context, certain of the
factors that they currently believe may cause actual future experience
and results to differ from Nextel current expectations regarding the
relevant matter or subject area.

Such risks and uncertainties include the economic conditions in
our targeted markets, performance of our technologies, timely
development and delivery of new technologies, including those
associated with nationwide Direct Connect and our planned upgrade to
our voice coder technology, competitive conditions, market acceptance
of our services, access to sufficient capital to meet operating and
financing needs and those that are described from time to time in
Nextel reports filed with the SEC, including Nextel's annual report on
Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2002 and in its Form 10-Q
for the first quarter of 2003.

This press release speaks only as of its date, and Nextel
disclaims any duty to update the information herein.

Contact:

Nextel Communications Inc., Reston
Media:
Audrey Schaefer, 240/876-1588
or
Investors:
Paul Blalock, 703/433-4300

Source:
Nextel Communications Inc.
Email this story
-
Set
a News
Alert
ADVERTISEMENT

Special Offers

·

$7.77 Web Hosting + 2 Months FREE!

·

Credit Card offers @ eCreditCards.com (U.S. Only)

·

Save up to $500* in commissions with CyberTrader.

·

LendingTree - Let Banks Compete for You!

·

Planning to Sell or Buy a Home this Summer?

·

Need money to pay off your bills?

·

Get 30 commission-free trades at Ameritrade!

·

Under $5 Must-Own Stocks - FREE Report!

·

Are Your Kids Buckled in Properly?

·

Are your house payments too high? Refinance

Related
Quote

NXTL

13.65

+0.05

News

View Detailed Quote
Delayed 20 mins
Quote data provided by
Reuters

Related News Stories

·

Nextel Commun Cut Bad Debt To $56 Mln From $93M In 1Q - Dow Jones Business News (Fri May 16)

·

[external] Equities rise; Tellabs; Level 3 shine - at CBS MarketWatch (Thu May 15)

·

[external] Gurus Talking Up Stocks On The Vegas Strip - at Forbes.com (Thu May 15)

·

NEXTEL COMMUNICATIONS INC - Quarterly Report (SEC form 10-Q) - EDGAR Online (Wed May 14)

More...

·

By
industry:
Telecom

Top Stories

·

WorldCom Fined $500 Million in Settlement - Reuters (6:52 pm)

·

Stewart Hit in Court, in Print, and on TV - Reuters (6:55 pm)

·

Stocks Fall on Dollar Sell-Off, Weak Data - Reuters (4:33 pm)

·

Dollar Steadies After Fall, Euro Looms - Reuters (5:04 pm)

More...

·

Most-emailed
articles

·

Most-viewed
articles

Finance Spotlight

·

Research
Reports
Expert insight at great prices

·

MarketTracker
Live streaming quotes for $9.95/mo

·

Credit Reports
Find out your credit score instantly

Copyright © 2003 Yahoo! Inc. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy - Terms of Service - Copyright Policy - Ad Feedback
Copyright
©
2003 Business Wire. All rights reserved. All
the news releases provided by Business Wire are copyrighted.
Any forms of
copying other than an individual user's personal reference
without express
written permission is prohibited. Further distribution
of these materials
by posting, archiving in a public web site or database,
or redistribution
in a computer network is strictly forbidden.