Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Motorola Introduces Advanced Ruggedized Laptop Mobile Data Solution

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 02:35:15 -0400

Motorola Introduces Advanced Ruggedized Laptop Mobile Data Solution

Features Advanced Intel Processor, Meets Rigorous Environmental Standards

SCHAUMBURG, Ill., May 13, 2003 – Motorola (NYSE:MOT) today announced its newest
ruggedized wireless-enabled computing solutions, the ML900™ (Mobile Laptop 900) and the
Mobile Office Display Solution™ (MODS). The systems are part of Motorola’s extensive
portfolio
of integrated communications and information solutions to address mission-critical public
safety
and security requirements worldwide.

“These newest offerings in our mobile data product portfolio are ruggedized to meet
rigorous
environmental standards,” said David Nairn, vice president, North American Data Business
Operations, Motorola. “They are designed to work quickly and efficiently in harsh
environments
and to handle the demands of the mission-critical world.”

”Intel is excited to be a part of Motorola’s newest ruggedized notebook PC, powered by the

Mobile Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor-M,” said Donald Macdonald, Intel director of Marketing,

Mobile Platforms Group. “These notebooks combine the benefits of portability with high
performance PC capabilities to new users in the most demanding environments.”

The full-sized, fully sealed Mobile Laptop ML 900, which is designed to meet the needs of
public
safety and military personnel, also can be used by utility, public service, and other
personnel in
demanding mobile environments. It has advanced technology to handle large amounts of data
quickly, effectively, and reliably in critical situations. Features include a
high-capacity 40 GB
removable hard drive that can easily be replaced in the field, and a Mobile Intel Pentium
4
Processor-M 1.70 GHz high performance processor. The ML 900 also offers onboard digital
video
recorder capabilities enabling users to download or upload videos to a server and the
option to
integrate a CD R-W/DVD ROM.

Particularly important for law enforcement personnel is the high-resolution, glare-free
12.1-inch or
13.3-inch screen that provides detailed graphical images, fingerprints and mugshots. The
system
is compatible with Motorola public safety applications, including Premier™ MDC, Tx
Messenger™ and Airmobile™ software.

The ML900 runs on Windows® 2000 or Windows® XP operating systems and can be paired with
an advanced hot-docking vehicle cradle that enables it to be placed into or removed from a
car
without having to power it on or off. A single central processing unit can support two
displays and
two independent applications, and up to four wireless radios, including radios using
Bluetooth
wireless technology, Global Positioning Systems (GPS), WLAN (wireless local area network)
and
one WWAN (wireless wide area network).

The Mobile Laptop 900 can be used in conjunction with Motorola’s new Mobile Office Display

Solution, a fix-mounted display and fully sealed and backlit keyboard. The docked laptop
acts as
the CPU in remote positions, such as the trunk of a vehicle. The MODS also can be used
with
Motorola’s ML800 (Mobile Laptop 800), launched in 2002.

“For more than 30 years, Motorola has been developing wireless data technology for use in
mission-critical situations,” said Nairn. “These newest additions expand the portfolio of
products
we offer that provide rapid, mobile access to the most complete data available.”

About Intel
For more than three decades, Intel Corporation (NASDAQ: INTC) has developed technology
enabling the computer and Internet revolution that has changed the world. Founded in 1968
to
build semiconductor memory products, Intel introduced the world's first microprocessor in
1971.
Today, Intel supplies the computing and communications industries with chips, boards,
systems,
and software building blocks that are the "ingredients" of computers, servers and
networking and
communications products. These products are used by industry members to create advanced
computing and communications systems. Intel's mission is to be the preeminent building
block
supplier to the Internet economy. For more information, please visit: www.intel.com

http://www.motorola.com/mediacenter/news/detail/0,1958,2760_2240_23,00.html

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG