Subject: [NEXTEL-1] FCC Refarming in the VHF, UHF, & 700 MHz Band

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 May 2003 17:40:54 -0400

------- Original Message --------
From: Bill McLain <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: FCC Refarming in the VHF, UHF, & 700 MHz Band

Does anyone have a simplistic kind of timeline put together as to how this
is to implemented?  I am thinking along the lines of XXDate in 2003 the user
will no longer be able to modify an existing coverage area with his current
25KHz frequencies, and by such a date they must begin phasing in the newer
12.5 KHz equipment and licenses....  someplace I have seen something but
can't put my fingers on it.  Wanting to get some folks made aware of the
changes pending!

bill

Bill McLain
Network Engineer
RACOM Corp
888.752.1044    phone
888.751.1070        fax
[email-masked]

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Rent DVDs Online - Over 14,500 titles.
No Late Fees & Free Shipping.
Try Netflix for FREE!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/YoVfrB/XP.FAA/uetFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 May 2003 17:42:14 -0400

------- Original Message --------
   From: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: FCC Refarming in the VHF, UHF, & 700 MHz Band

Bill - I sent Gregg a Powerpoint summary of it all.  Get it from him or you can jump on
our web site.

September is the application deadline for new wide-band systems.  However, expect to see a
Petition for Reconsideration on that point (as well as the conversion deadlines) from a
couple of user groups.   Some want longer dates overall, some want faster conversion dates
(although not faster on the six months).

Alan T.