Subject: [NEXTEL-1] FCC Postpones MVDDS Auction

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 07:37:24 -0400

FCC Postpones MVDDS Auction

BY WIRELESS WEEK STAFF
MAY 9, 2003

WASHINGTON -- The FCC has postponed the auction of spectrum for
multichannel video distribution and data services set for the end of next month,
in order to reconcile some pending MVDDS rules.

Commission spokespeople say the MVDDS auction, known as Auction 53,  was
postponed as the agency concludes a further inquiry into license area size and
build-out requirements concerning the auction. The FCC issued a further notice of
proposed rulemaking on MVDDS last month and had fast-tracked comments on
the issue hoping to conclude it quickly. The FCC is sorting through comments
filed in the shortened comment cycle, say spokespeople.

Once the FCC decides on the issues addressed in the further inquiry, it will issue
a date re-scheduling the MVDDS auction.

http://www.wirelessweek.com/index.asp?layout=document&doc_id=118924&verticalID=34&vertical=Business+and+Finance&industry=

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Rent DVDs Online - Over 14,500 titles.
No Late Fees & Free Shipping.
Try Netflix for FREE!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/YoVfrB/XP.FAA/uetFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/