Subject: [NEXTEL-1] 47 CFR 1.1307

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 May 2003 17:40:40 -0400

-------- Original Message --------
From: "Jeff Tong" <[email-masked]>
Subject:  47 CFR 1.1307

Does anyone know of a relatively easy to comprehend spot to decypher the
FCC's requirements as to what and what does not constitute an environmental
issue as it pertains to question D-26 of an FCC 601 application?

The city I work in is enacting legislation that requires that for any new
antenna structure application, we cite whether  the  site will be effected
by this section of the application and if not why not.

Fun and games with the politicians and lawyers.

ThanksJeff Tong
Bridger Communications
800-587-5080
www.bridgercommunications.com
[email-masked]

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Rent DVDs from home.
Over 14,500 titles. Free Shipping
& No Late Fees. Try Netflix for FREE!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/BVVfoB/hP.FAA/uetFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: "Todd Ellis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 20:44:01 -0400

Yes.  Specifically this covers environmental and historical preservation
issues.  You may have a tower that is erected and is too close to a
historical landmark (not to you, but to the State Historical Preservation
Officer, SHPO).  These studies are typically done by consultants who
specialize in these areas.  There was a law change in March, 2001 that
prevented any new structure (like a tower) to be erected without an SHPO
review.  They don't cost that much ($1200 typically), and take at least 90
days to get an answer back.  Some states, like Georgia, have been swamped
with SHPO requests, but with the decline of new tower erections, the
pressure has been relieved somewhat.  Another problem is wetlands and
endangered species preservation.  Something we run into a lot around here in
NC is Red Cockaded woodpeckers (I am not making this up).  If the
environmental specialist determines there are little Woody Woodpeckers
around, you are in heaps of trouble.

Consult with a good, knowledgeable communications consulting engineer or
attorney that can provide you with more information.

Todd Ellis

Booth & Associates, Inc.

Raleigh, NC

www.booth-assoc.com <http://www.booth-assoc.com/> 

-----Original Message-----
FROM Private Wireless Forum
Subject: 47 CFR 1.1307

-------- Original Message --------
From: "Jeff Tong" <[email-masked]>
Subject:  47 CFR 1.1307

ThanksJeff Tong
Bridger Communications
800-587-5080