Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Antenna mismatch during GSM-R system measurement]

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 05:17:51 -0400

-------- Original Message --------
From: Martijn Kuijpers <[email-masked]>
Subject: PROP-L:Antenna mismatch during GSM-R system measurement

Hi to all,

At the moment I'm busy with optimising a GSM-R network. In stead of using a car we have
the option to use a special dedicated measurement train. That is where the problem arises.
At the moment the measurements are done with a normal GSM antenna which is not within the
GSM-R spectrum. We have calculated that the antenna is a 2/3 wavelength antenna. 

What might be the impact of this antenna mismatch on my measurements results?

Thank you for your reaction.

Martijn
Radio Network Planner

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Rent DVDs from home.
Over 14,500 titles. Free Shipping
& No Late Fees. Try Netflix for FREE!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/BVVfoB/hP.FAA/uetFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/