Subject: [NEXTEL-1] The “Poor Man’s Spectrum Analyzer

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 15:01:01 -0400

The “Poor Man’s Spectrum Analyzer” is designed to give you RF VISION. With
RF VISION you will have a new monitoring mode, with rapid signal detection,
modulation analysis, and band condition and activity information constantly
available at
your finger tips! This instrument will provide information and operating
techniques that
will add to your appreciation of the RF spectrum in ways you never thought
possible
before. As an educational tool, it will allow you to actually SEEthe
Electronic Spectrum
in “real time”. It will help you understand the real significance of
sidebands, and help
debunk the myth that “the amplitude of the carrier varies in AM, but not in
FM”. You will
see that the exact OPPOSlTEis true! More on that later.

What we are describing is an instrument that converts any ‘scope from a TIME
DOMAlN display into a FREQUENCY DOMAlN display. Spectrum Analyzers have
been around as laboratory instruments for many years, ranging in price from
$4000 to
$50,000. What makes this one so special is it’s simplicity and ultra low cost.
The
Spectrum Analyzer we will build consists of six individual modules. The
addition of a
seventh module (Tracking Generator) converts the Spectrum Analyzer into a
powerful
receiver system for stimulus-response measurements. More on that later.

http://www.science-workshop.com/tutorial.pdf

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/CNxFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/