Subject: [NEXTEL-1] General Dynamics Combat Search and Rescue Radios Gaining Wider Appeal

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 05:32:54 -0400

General Dynamics Combat Search and Rescue Radios Gaining Wider Appeal

Initial Army Order Delivered in Just 24 Hours

SCOTTSDALE, Ariz., May 8 /PRNewswire/ -- General Dynamics Decision Systems
recently added the U.S. Army to a growing list of military customers who trust
the company's latest HOOK2(TM) Combat Search and Rescue (CSAR) radios, the
AN/PRC-112G.  Stating that after extensive research and scenario planning its
pilots required the best product, the Army's V Corps Headquarters (currently
the corps in charge of ground operations in Iraq) ordered 100 radios for the
3rd Infantry Division out of Ft. Stewart, Ga., the 101 Airborne Division out
of Ft. Campbell, Ken. and its own 11th Regiment and 12th Aviation Brigade.

The $912,000 order (which included the companion Quickdraw2(TM) Interrogator) was
sent to the General Services Administration for contracting, and was received,
processed, and shipped to the customer by General Dynamics within 24 hours.
General Dynamics' AN/PRC-112 family of CSAR radios provides encrypted two-
way messaging and GPS-location capabilities to units within the Navy, Air
Force and Special Forces.

These capabilities help the services ensure quick,
secure location and rescue of downed air crews and other forces.  Overall,
General Dynamics has delivered more than 6,000 GPS-enabled CSAR radios,
including the AN/PRC-112B1 and AN/PRC-112G models, to U.S. customers.
The AN/PRC-112G radio has also proven popular with international
customers, including the United Kingdom Ministry of Defence. Over the past
five months the U.K. Defence Ministry has ordered $12 million worth of
HOOK2(TM) radios and ancillary equipment.

"The AN/PRC-112G radio is both software and hardware upgradeable, allowing
customers to quickly and cost-effectively add new features as they are
required or become available," said Chris Brady, director of Assured
Communications Systems with General Dynamics Decision Systems.  "Software
upgrades can be handled in the field, allowing the radios to quickly be
returned to service."

General Dynamics Decision Systems, based in Scottsdale, is a leader in
products and systems for information assurance, communication and situational
awareness for defense and industrial customers in the U.S. and abroad.  In
addition to the Scottsdale headquarters, General Dynamics Decision Systems has
facilities in Huntsville, Alabama, Orlando, Florida and Columbia, Maryland, as
well as other locations close to customer centers of operation.

General Dynamics (NYSE: GD), headquartered in Falls Church, Virginia,
employs approximately 57,000 people worldwide and had 2002 revenues of $13.8
billion.  The company has leading market positions in land and amphibious
combat systems, mission-critical information systems and technologies,
shipbuilding and marine systems, and business aviation. More information about
the company can be found at http://www.generaldynamics.com.

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=SVBIZINK3.story&STORY=/www/story/05-08-2003/0001943169&EDATE=THU+May+08+2003,+11:51+AM

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/uetFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/