Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Homeland Security Threat Advisory: National Security Level - Orange

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 17:22:51 -0400

May 20, 2003

Homeland Security Threat Advisory:  National Security Level - Orange

The APCO Homeland Security Task Force alerts the APCO membership to the
elevation of the national security level to ORANGE (high).  Because of the
critical role that public safety communications plays in response to
emergencies, this is a special notice to 911 communication center managers.

The Task Force recommends that APCO members review the following within
their agencies:

*	Preparing to execute contingency procedures
*	Facility security
*	Communications coordination and interoperability
*	System redundancies
*	Personnel safety and well-being
*	Availability of critical technical support
*	Potential for increased 911 call volume

For further information, you can review the APCO Homeland Security White
Paper at www.apco911.org/about/gov/HSTFWP.pdf
<http://www.apco911.org/about/gov/HSTFWP.pdf> 

Further information on the Homeland Security Advisory System of the US
Department of Homeland Security can be found at www.dhs.gov/dhspublic
<http://www.dhs.gov/dhspublic>

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading!
Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/aM1XQD/od7FAA/uetFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/