Subject: [NEXTEL-1] cellular-news for Tuesday 27th May 2003

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 08:19:06 -0400

[Click Here]

              Tuesday 27th May 2003
   Paris trains to get wireless internet connections
   A threat to Paris's 3G network viability ?

   Cisco Systems has said that it is working with Naxos, one of two
 telecommunications subsidiaries of the Regie Autonome des Transports
 Parisiens (RATP)...

   Sharp passes camera phone milestone
   Loads of phones sold

   In October 2000, Sharp Corporation took initiative in the industry by
 supplying Japan's J-PHONE with the J-SH04 mobile phone, which featured a
 built-i...

   LogicaCMG wins Brazilian MMS contract
   Just in time for the Rio Carnival - probably

   LogicaCMG has announced an agreement with Telecom Americas Group to deploy
 it's Multimedia Messaging solution. The LogicaCMG solution will be
 installe...

   Java games firm gets investment funding
   Boost for java game writers

   The UK based mobile content distributor, Amplefuture has announced a
 strategic investment in Macrospace, a provider of Java gaming solutions.

 "T...

   Verizon Wireless buys up more radio spectrum
   Adds another 50 million to their potential market

   The USA based CDMA network, Verizon Wireless says that it has completed
 the acquisition of 50 PCS licenses and related network assets from
 Northcoast ...

   T-Mobile collects customer care award
   International grade award scheme

   T-Mobile Germany has received the first-ever ECCCO award, distinguishing
 it at international level for high quality standards in the area of business
 ...

   Vodafone confirms Japanese sale talks
   What a surprise - not

   Vodafone has confirmed that it is in the final stages of talks to dispose
 of its Japanese land-line division, to the New York based investment fund,
 R...

   Vodafone wins conditional permission for church installations
   No porn within 50 yrds of the church

   Vodafone UK has won a conditional ruling to allow the erection of cell
 phone towers on two churches, St Margaret, Hawes in the Yorkshire Dales and
 Hol...