Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Wireless Design Online Newsletter

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 11:51:31 -0400

================================================================
Wireless Design Online Newsletter - http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com
Thursday, May 29, 2003
================================================================
 
------------------------------------- 
FEATURED ARTICLES
-------------------------------------  
 
1) Ansoft Redefines High-Frequency and High-Speed Digital Design with
the Introduction of HFSS v9
2) Technical Note: Standards-compliant test of non-ionizing
electromagnetic radiation on radar equipment
3) Introducing New Wireless Security
 
---------------------------------------
 
1) Ansoft Redefines High-Frequency and High-Speed Digital Design with
the Introduction of HFSS v9
 
Ansoft Corporation today announced a new version of HFSS, the
electronic-design industry's standard software for 3D electromagnetic
(EM) design and analysis. Thousands of engineers worldwide use HFSS to
design leading-edge devices, such as RF and microwave components,
antennas and arrays, high-speed ICs, PCBs and IC packages...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/33017/793725
 
2) Technical Note: Standards-compliant test of non-ionizing
electromagnetic radiation on radar equipment
 
The standards-compliant controlling for personal safety in
electromagnetic fields under complex exposure situations requires
special know-how in addition to appropriate measuring equipment.
Compared with large-scale equipment such as a broadband antenna and a
spectrum analyzer, the use of handy, powerful RF radiation meters with
isotropic field probes represents a considerable simplification...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/33018/793725
 
3) Introducing New Wireless Security
 
The inadequacy of the Wired Equivalent Privacy protocol has delayed
widespread adoption of wireless local area networks in many
corporations. While most network administrators and end users understand
the productivity benefits of cutting the Ethernet cord, most worry about
the risk of doing so...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/33019/793725

------------------------------------- 
FEATURED PRODUCTS
-------------------------------------
  
1) Miniature Model 110 In Building Amplifier
2) Single-Mode W-CDMA Chipset Solution
3) Circulators/Isolators
4) UMTS Transmit Filter 
5) Q3SMT-Series HF Coils
6) Oven Controlled Crystal Oscillators (OCXO)
7) BCAP0008 Ultracapacitors
8) Integra M2100 Series
 
---------------------------------------
 
1) Miniature Model 110 In Building Amplifier
 
The Miniature Model 110 full duplex bi-directional amplifier is designed
to improve phone coverage for wireless handsets within facilities
located reasonably close to cellular towers. The amplifier boosts the
signal level within small office areas reducing the problem of dropped
calls or signal fades...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/33020/793725
 
2) Single-Mode W-CDMA Chipset Solution
 
A complete single-mode W-CDMA chipset solution includes a power
amplifier, low noise amplifier, mixer, IF amplifier/demodulator,
modulator/IF amplifier, upconverter, and PA driver functions. The W-CDMA
chipset meets the demands for 3G while also utilizing small leadless
packages, high integration, low power consumption...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/33021/793725
 
3) Circulators/Isolators
 
Ferrite Circulators are non-reciprocal devices that transfer RF power
from input to output with little attenuation and block RF flow in the
opposite direction. Their primary operation is to suppress
intermodulation in transmitter output stages...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/33022/793725
 
4) UMTS Transmit Filter 
 
Trilithic's UMTS Transmit Filter is designed with state-of-the-art
software and ideal for UMTS applications. The UMTS Transmit Filter
out-performs existing technologies, achieving loss levels of 2.1 dB or
less without adding distortion. Downloadable pdf datasheet available...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/33023/793725
 
5) Q3SMT-Series HF Coils
 
Features:
- Rugged surface mount 
- Customizable 
- Mil Quality at a Commercial Price 
- Highest Q for its size without the use of ferrites...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/33027/793725
 
6) Oven Controlled Crystal Oscillators (OCXO)
 
Corning's Oven Controlled Crystal Oscillator (OCXO) typically consists
of a precision quartz crystal, an oven block, a temperature sensor, a
heating element, oven circuitry, oscillator circuitry and insulating
material...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/33024/793725
 
7) BCAP0008 Ultracapacitors
 
With a capacitance of 1800 farads at 2.5 volts, and in a cylindrical 50
x 172 mm package, Maxwell's BCAP0008 ultracapacitor is ideal for
automotive subsystems, medical devices, UPS/backup power, and many other
applications requiring a pulse of energy that cannot be efficiently
provided by a battery or power supply alone...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/33025/793725
 
8) Integra M2100 Series
 
The internal INTEGRA modem packs everything you need for wireless
capability into one compact unit. That means you can put a fully
type-approved GSM/GPRS modem in your application without increasing your
time to market. Using WISMO wireless technology, the INTEGRA modem
provides complete dual-band GSM/GPRS capabilities...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/33026/793725

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/CNxFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/