Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel Launches Wireless Imaging Broadcast

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 12:14:08 -0400

Sprint has an app. that does this and more and DOES NOT cost $34 per month in addition to a
one-time installation charge per site.

Timmy your desperation is showing-
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nextel Launches Wireless Imaging Broadcast
and Email Messaging Solution for Public Safety
Thursday June 12, 12:03 pm ET

Visual APB(TM) Plus(TM) and Verbal Mail(TM) Provides Law
Enforcement Personnel with Instant Access to Images of
Suspects, Stolen Property and Missing Persons

RESTON, Va.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--June 12, 2003-- Nextel Communications Inc. 
(NASDAQ:NXTL - News) today announced the availability of the Motorola Visual APB
Plus(TM) application for federal, state and local law enforcement agencies on
Motorola's i95cl phones for Nextel. With Visual APB Plus(TM), first responders can
broadcast full-color digital images such as mug shots or photos of missing
children to other law enforcement personnel in the field.

In addition to the image broadcast, agents and officers who are on foot, bike,
mounted patrol or away from their computers for any reason can now securely
respond to email messages through a unique feature called VerbalMail(TM). This
voice-enabled messaging feature allows Nextel users to send a voice-recorded
response to messages received on their i95cl handsets. Users may also receive
automatic delivery of Visual APB Plus(TM) bulletins and mission-critical email
messages sent to their agency's email address.

"The Visual APB Plus(TM) solution on our phone provides the law enforcement
community with instant and secure access to wireless information and digital
images, and enables them to spend more time on the street apprehending criminals
and less time in the office," said Leon Frazier, Nextel's vice president, Public
Sector. "The availability of Visual APB Plus(TM) is yet another part of Nextel's
efforts to provide applications that allow first responders to quickly receive and
act on mission-critical assignments."

Earlier this year, Nextel announced its continued commitment to provide instant,
interoperable, reliable and secure communications for the public safety
community.  Nextel leads the industry in providing its public safety customers
with wireless solutions that increase the productivity of this mobile workforce. 

Bringing to market an enterprise-strength wireless platform, Nextel allows public
safety organizations to extend their reach by enhancing interoperability and
control. Nextel's wireless solutions combine a rich array of applications,
services, partnerships, reliable network technology, integrated 4-in-1 wireless
service (including digital cellular, Nationwide Direct Connect(TM) -- the powerful
coast-to-coast digital walkie-talkie feature, two-way text messaging and Nextel
Online Wireless Web), and experienced customer support.

The Motorola Visual APB(TM) Plus application may be purchased directly from
Nextel.  The service charge for the application is $34 per month in addition to a
one-time installation charge per site. For additional information on installation,
application and service fees, please visit www.nextel.com.

-- 
  		"NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
		Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

		"NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

		"WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
 	   The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/