Subject: [NEXTEL-1] IPWireles Platform Enables Voice and Push-to-Talk- With network latencies to 45 milliseconds

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 14:33:35 -0400

4/2003

IPWireless Platform Enables Voice and Push-to-Talk

IPWireless Tuesday announced the commercial availability of a quality of service
(QoS) platform for its UMTS mobile broadband network solution that allows
operators to offer any service that requires QoS, including voice, push-to-talk,
and streaming applications, over their mobile broadband network.

Jon Hambidge, senior director of Marketing for IPWireless, said that the latest
software release also releases -- 5 to 10 times lower than those of most other
commercial networks.
Hambridge said that the platform gives operators a spectrally efficient way to
offer a host of new services over an IPWireless network. In addition to offering
broadband network access services, operators can add new layers of service
revenues from voice, push to talk, or streaming video.

IPWireless supports Voice Over Internet Protocol (VOIP) using standards-based soft
switches and customer premise gateways for residences and small offices. The
company's product line, which is available for operation in the 1.9GHz and 2.5GHz
licensed bands, includes network infrastructure, pocket-sized wireless desktop
modems, and PC cards (PCMCIA) for laptops and PDAs.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 16:03:01 -0400

IP wireless currently has an ongoing Alpha test with a leading US carrier. Hint
some of Nextel's "Rumoured PTT Vendor" information is in correct. Timmy has been
setup! Ha-Ha-Ha

IPWireless's Latency to 45 milliseconds kicks Nextel's butt. Once again Timmy and
Bumbleing Barry West have mislead the public by calling their "Direct Conntect"
the "BEST".

IPWireless ====== 40 milliseconds

Nextel Latency = 450 milliseconds

Read Nextel's own comparison data.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/message/8030

IPWireless Mobile Broadband technology 

IPWireless Mobile Broadband technology is a packet data implementation of the
international 3GPP Universal Mobile Telecommunication System (UMTS) standard. 
Time-division-duplex (TDD) is used, according to the 3GPP UMTS UTRA TD-CDMA
standard, allowing operation on unpaired spectrum anywhere in these bands. Chip
rates of 3.84 and 7.68 megachips/sec (Mcps) are supported, for operation in
channelization of 5 and10 MHz (6 and 12 MHz in the MMDS band).

IPWireless technology operates in a non line-of-sight environment allowing fast
wireless data access indoor, outdoor and in vehicular mobility environments. The
system gain (link budget) is typically higher than 2G cellular systems allowing
cells to be larger than that of typical cellular / PCS systems, or alternatively
similar size with greater building penetration probability. Cell radius will
depend upon deployment strategy, but can be as small as a microcell or as large as
29km.

IPWireless' current product line is optimized for data rate of up to 16 Mbps
carrying Internet Protocol (IP) traffic for Internet access and other mobile,
portable and fixed data applications. Implementation of features in 3GPP Release 5
in 2003 will increase this to 16 Mbps.

IPWireless' complete Radio Access Network (RAN) solution consists of an Integrated
Network Controller (INC), an environmental hardened Node B and a range of small,
low-power, network access devices for subscribers. IPWireless' RAN connects to
industry standard IP core network forming a complete solution for licensed
operator and Internet Service Provider (ISP) to offer true fixed, portable and
mobile broadband wireless access.

Transport format selection (rate adaptation) is implemented on a per-subscriber
basis, varying coding and modulation to provide the highest possible data rate to
each user in the cell, depending on channel characteristics and interference.

Being packet based, the air interface is statistically shared by users in a very
efficient manner. Customers are able to experience an "always on" Internet
connection, and do not use any system capacity while not transmitting or receiving
data.

IPWireless' technology can be deployed in a very similar manner to a cellular
network, with the flexibility of omni, three and six sector cells. An existing
cellular operator can leverage a great deal of its existing and planned network
infrastructure in deploying the IPWireless solution. As IPWireless' TDD air
interface is UMTS standards compliant, the equipment can be co-located with UMTS
FDD base stations and share cell site equipment including antennas.

http://www.ipwireless.com/tech_over.html

> IPWireless Platform Enables Voice and Push-to-Talk

<SNIP>