Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Meeting modeling challenges for wireless transceivers

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2003 20:41:41 -0400

Meeting modeling challenges for wireless transceivers
Source: Microwaves & RF
Publication date: 2003-05-01
Arrival time: 2003-06-05

DEVELOPING ACCURATE MODEL for wireless transceivers becomes
more critical with time-to-market pressures and competitive wireless
markets. For that reason, researchers Larry Dunleavy, Dann Benny
Lassesen, Terje Svensen, and Daniel Faria of the Center for Wireless and
Microwave Information Systems, Department of Electrical Engineering,
University of South Florida (Tampa, FL) examined the accuracy of a
number of computer simulation programs when compared with
measurements made on microwave vector network analyzers (VNAs) and
spectrum analyzers when considering 915-MHz transmitters (Txs) and
receivers [Rxs] (using software and test gear from Agilent
Technologies). While good agreement was found between measurements
and simulations for in-band performance, discrepancies were found for
out-of-band response predictions. See "Computer-Aided Engineering
Challenges for Wireless Transceivers," IEEE RF and Microwave
Computer-Aided Engineering, January 2003, Vol. 13, No. 1, p. 86.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/