Subject: [NEXTEL-1] FCC Issues Notice of Proposed Rulemaking Designed to Increase Spectrum Availability for Unlicensed Wireless Broadband by 80%

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2003 17:48:00 -0400

Press Release
Source: US Wireless Online, Inc.

FCC Issues Notice of Proposed Rulemaking Designed to Increase Spectrum
Availability for Unlicensed Wireless Broadband by 80%
Thursday June 5, 4:33 pm ET

U.S. Wireless Online Applauds Decision and Will Discuss
During June 10 Wall Street Reporter Wireless Communication
Roundtable

LOUISVILLE, Ky., June 5 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- U.S. Wireless Online, Inc. (OTC
Bulletin Board: UWRL - News). The Federal Communication Commission (FCC) today
issued a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (NPR) which is designed to increase
spectrum
availability for wireless broadband use by 80%. The FCC believes that more
spectrum
would "foster the development of a wide range of new and innovative unlicensed
devices and lead to increased wireless broadband access and investment."

U.S. Wireless Online presently operates in both the 5 GHz bands and in the 2.4 GHz
bands. The FCC's proposal calls for the addition of 255 megahertz in the 5 GHz
UNI-I
bands. "If implemented as proposed, the NPR will further stimulate the deployment
of
wireless broadband across America and is a resounding endorsement of the viability
of
wireless as an access technology that brings affordable high-speed Internet access
to
homes and offices," stated Doug Keeney, Chief Executive Officer of U.S. Wireless
Online, Inc.

The FCC noted in its NPR, that commercial unlicensed wireless broadband networks
offer "significant benefits for American consumers and businesses.""(These)
networks
offer the possibility of increased competition with other providers of broadband
service,
including cable and digital subscriber line (DSL) broadband services."

Keeney will discuss the implications of the NPR, as well as the company's
previously
announced plans to offer metro area wireless broadband through new overbuilds on
June 10, 2003 at the Wireless Communication Roundtable hosted by the Wall Street
Reporter (www.wallstreetreporter.com). Other panelists scheduled to be on the
conference call include Timothy Donahue, President & CEO of Nextel Communications,
Inc. and Cannon Carr, telecom services analyst at CIBC World Markets.

U.S. Wireless Online, Inc., headquartered in Louisville, KY, is a provider of
wireless
"last mile" high-speed Internet access (a wireless connection from a major trunk
line to
a business or residential user) in the rapidly growing industry called variously
"wireless
broadband," "802.11," "Wi-Fi," or "wireless local loop (WLL)." The Company owns
and
operates wireless metro-area networks in Kentucky, Georgia, Ohio and Indiana. It
currently provides business and residential service to more than 24,000 users and
has
500 enterprise customers. The Company's common stock trades on the OTC Bulletin
Board under the symbol "UWRL."

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/030605/lath079_1.html

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/