Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Law enforcement point of view.

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 07:34:31 -0400

-------- Original Message --------
From: "Peter" <[email-masked]>
Subject:  Law enforcement point of view.

   I am one of those guys directly affected by poor performance of 
800 Mhz radios.  I work in the Seattle area using Motorola 
equipment.  I read today in the paper that there is yet another delay 
in solving these problems.  We have grown accustomed to asking 
dispatchers to repeat themselves several times.  Mobile radios that 
don't receive the complete broadcast.  Portables that can't transmit 
or receive out of buildings.  Nextel interference.  (Ironically the 
response to poor radio performance was to issue Nextel's to certain 
deputies.)  There are times that we only have one chance to get on 
the air, we need to be heard clearly.  People's lives depend on this 
equipment working properly.  It is so maddening to see Motorola, 
Nextel and the FCC drag their feet in fixing this nightmare.  We can 
not afford to spend millions and millions of dollars on new radios.  
Budgets are shrinking not growing.  Our jobs are hard enough without 
having to worry about our radios working when we really need them.  
 
Peter Linde.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/