Subject: [NEXTEL-1] EFJohnson Receives Order From Civil Air Patrol Headquarters

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 17:13:53 -0400

EFJohnson Receives Order From Civil Air Patrol Headquarters

    WASHINGTON, June 25 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- EFJ, Inc.
(OTC Bulletin Board: EFJI) announced that its EFJohnson subsidiary has
received an order from the national headquarters of Civil Air Patrol (CAP).
The order, valued at $999,772 includes EFJohnson's 5300 series Project 25
digital mobile radios with wrap around power supplies providing CAP with base
station operations.

    "EFJohnson continues to see success with our 5300 series mobile radios,"
said Michael E. Jalbert, EFJ, Inc. chairman and chief executive officer. "We
have supplied significant quantities of these radios to numerous U.S. Federal
Government Agencies involved in public safety and public service in the past
and anticipate further orders from Federal agencies moving forward."
    "We are proud that Civil Air Patrol, which is the official civilian
auxiliary of the U.S. Air Force, has chosen EFJohnson to supply the narrow
band communication equipment and customer service required to support vital
homeland security responsibilities," said Jim Ridgell, vice president of
federal business at EFJohnson. "We feel this order provides further validation
of the Project 25 standards and of EFJohnson's products."

     "The 5300 series provides us the capability we need at a price that helps
us stretch our budget as far as possible," said Civil Air Patrol
communications chief Malcolm Kyser. "These radios will be used nationwide by
CAP emergency services units involved in search and rescue, homeland security,
disaster response and counterdrug operations.

    "CAP has a unique role working with emergency response and law enforcement
agencies at the federal, state, and local levels," Kyser continued. "For this
reason interoperability is critical to our communications planning. The
EFJohnson NTIA-compliant P25 equipment helps us address our interoperability
needs as well as our mandated transition to FM narrowband, along with all
other federal spectrum users in our band, by 2008."

    Civil Air Patrol, the official Air Force Auxiliary, is a nonprofit
organization with more than 64,000 volunteer members nationwide. It performs
95% of continental U.S. inland search and rescue missions as tasked by the Air
Force Rescue Coordination Center. Volunteers also perform homeland security,
disaster relief and counterdrug missions at the request of federal, state and
local agencies. The members take a leading role in aerospace education and
serve as mentors to the almost 27,000 young people currently participating in
CAP cadet programs. CAP has been performing missions for America for more than
60 years. For more information, visit CAP on the Web at http://www.capnhq.gov.

    Celebrating its 80th anniversary in 2003, the EFJohnson Company
(EFJohnson) provides digital Project 25-compliant interoperable wireless
communications systems solutions for federal, state and local agencies
involved with homeland security and public safety. EFJohnson was one of the
first developers of wireless communications products to be fully compliant
with federal government interoperability specifications. The company designs,
manufactures and markets conventional and trunked radio systems, land mobile
radio repeaters and mobile and portable radios. EFJohnson, headquartered in
Waseca, Minnesota, is a wholly owned subsidiary of EFJ, Inc.
(OTC Bulletin Board: EFJI). For more information, visit http://www.efjohnson.com.

    EFJ, Inc., (OTC Bulletin Board: EFJI) is the holding company of industry-
leading wireless telecommunications equipment and solutions businesses. EFJ,
Inc. is home to the EFJohnson Company, one of the first developers of Project
25 mobile communications products compliant with federal government
interoperability standards, and Transcrypt International, a world leader in
secure voice communication solutions. 2003 marks the 80th anniversary of
EFJohnson and the 25th anniversary of Transcrypt International. Headquartered
in Washington, D.C., EFJ, Inc. has a proven leadership team in place with
decades of experience in telecommunications and government sales. EFJohnson
and Transcrypt International are wholly owned subsidiaries of EFJ, Inc. For
more information, visit http://www.efji.com.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/