Subject: [NEXTEL-1] EF Johnson Snags Motorola Exec.

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2003 02:15:57 -0400

EFJ, Inc. Appoints Veronica Haggart to Board of Directors

June 4, 2003 9:01am

WASHINGTON and LINCOLN, Neb., June 4 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- EFJ, Inc., (OTC
Bulletin Board: EFJI) today announced that Veronica A. ("Roni") Haggart was
appointed to the Company's board of directors. Haggart is Vice President for
Strategic Relations at XtremeSpectrum in Vienna, Virginia. She is formerly a
Corporate Vice President of Motorola, Inc. where she was Director of Government
Relations globally and Director of Motorola Ventures, Eastern Region. Prior to
Motorola, she was appointed by the President and confirmed by the Senate as a
member of the U.S. International Trade Commission. She also was a founding partner
of a Washington, D.C. law firm. Haggart is a native of St. Paul, Nebraska. She is
a graduate of the University of Nebraska and Georgetown University Law School.

Advertisement: Explore Within This Space 

Michael E. Jalbert, chairman and chief executive officer of EFJ, Inc., commented,
"One of our goals this year is to strengthen the board and when Roni Haggart
recently became available, I wanted to take advantage of the opportunity to have
her serve until we are able to present her to the shareholders for a formal vote
to coincide with next year's annual meeting. Ms. Haggart brings a great deal of
business expertise to our board, which includes venture analysis, government
relations, international trade and the LMR industry in general. We welcome her to
the board and to the EFJ, Inc. team."

"I'm very pleased to join the board of EFJ, Inc. at such an important time in its
development," Ms. Haggart said. "I believe that EFJ, Inc. and my background and
interests are a particularly good fit." 

EFJ, Inc., (OTC Bulletin Board: EFJI) is the holding company of industry-leading
wireless telecommunications equipment and solutions businesses. EFJ, Inc. is home
to the EFJohnson Company, one of the first developers of Project 25 mobile
communications products compliant with federal government interoperability
standards, and Transcrypt International, a world leader in secure voice
communication solutions. 2003 marks the 80th anniversary of EFJohnson and the 25th
anniversary of Transcrypt International. Stable and profitable, with headquarters
in Washington, D.C., EFJ, Inc. has a proven leadership team in place with decades
of experience in telecommunications and government sales. EFJohnson and Transcrypt
International are wholly owned subsidiaries of EFJ, Inc. For more information,
visit www.efji.com.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/