Subject: [NEXTEL-1] even more VZ PTT details

From: "havaloc" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 15:53:27 -0000

From alt.cellular.verizon (my comments **IN CAPS AND STARS**)

// begin quote

Okay, now that Im at home. I can give a little more.
Service will launch June XX, 2003.. NATIONWIDE.
The date of launch will be on my payday, you'll all have to kind of
assume what day that would be.. hehe, this is fun

(this all applies to OH/MI only, no other market price was discussed..
could be same, could be not.)

Plans... plans plans plans... well, theyre nearly identical to the AC
plans that are out now, you could.. theoretically have 400 peak,
unlimited nights/weekends, 1000 mtm, and XXXXX direct connect
minutes.. **THIS PLAN IS 39.99 NOW**
(whoops, I didnt put a number in there.. guess youll have to assume
again).
Theyre a BIT more expensive than the AC plans... but if one had mobile
web, and was paying for it, if one were to remove mobile web, there
would be very little increase in ones cost, if one wanted a PTT plan.
**MOBILE WEB IS NOW 4.99**
The v60p is a thick little bugger.. probably about half again thicker
than the current v60.. but didnt feel too bad.
Apparently battery life is just this side of abhorrent... (which leads
me to believe theyre making the phone register like iDEN, i.e: once a
second) our trainer said he was on group chat with a few friends earlier
in the week for like.. 30 mins. and battery was to one bar.
Xtra batteries seem like a good idea.
Yes, you can turn the speaker on or off, so you can use PTT in private
mode..

BIG THINGS:
Adding people to your buddy list does NOT require a call to customer
service (yay for me!).. all updates are done via internet. **THIS IS
INTERESTING**
PRESENCE ICON:
On the display, next to my name in the PTT buddy list, there is an
icon **NEAT**.. this Icon will tell you if I am available, on a call,
sending a
PTT, recvg a PTT, on a group chat, etc. etc. etc... This is HUGE.. My
sister gets so pissed because she wastes time DCing people who dont ever
reply, if theyre on a call, or whatever.

If you are on a PTT call, and a call comes in, that regular call will
drop to VM. If you are away from the phone, and someone PTTs you, you
get a missed call list, like a regular call (some restrictions.. i think
they have to be in your buddy list.. somehing like that)
Group chat is pretty pricey.. the initiator of the chat pays for the
chat.. it is 15 cents per minute...... per PERSON you are chatting with.
I:E, if I PTT 4 people at once, and all are available, and reply, Im
charged .15x4 per minute.

PTT calls will be rounded to the next minute **THIS IS JUST DUMB**,
just like cell calls....
this doesnt matter at ALL.. see the rate plan section above... also,
detail bills will NOT include PTT calls.. but an enhancement is around
the corner, so that will happen..... not that it matters if you have a
call detail for PTT... it doesnt matter. OOPS, did I give too much
away!??! Damn comp doesnt have a backspace button either..

ANYHOW, this has been a long long post, and Im sorry.. I dont care too
much for the service, but I know you all have been frothing trying to
get as much info as possible..
Keep the questions comin.

**I THINK THE PTT ADD-ON WILL BE UNLIMITED, FROM A HINT DROPPED IN
ANOTHER MESSAGE**

--
While I do work for VZW, they do not endorse, or probably even care
about what I think. In other words... Im just like you!
=o)

// end quote

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/