Subject: [NEXTEL-1] This is interesting use UHF Paging Channel Control Freqs. For Public Safety

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 16:39:22 -0400

This is interesting use UHF Paging Channel Control Freqs. For Public Safety
Channels.

DA 03-2061
Released:  June 20, 2003

WIRELESS TELECOMMUNICATIONS BUREAU ANNOUNCES

“PERMIT BUT DISCLOSE” EX PARTE STATUS ACCORDED TO PROCEEDING INVOLVING APPLICATION

AND WAIVER REQUEST OF THE CITY OF  EL SEGUNDO, CALIFORNIA, TO OPERATE A PUBLIC
SAFETY RADIO SYSTEM USING SIX UHF PAGING CONTROL FREQUENCIES

On December 10, 2002, the City of El Segundo (“El Segundo”) filed an application
and associated request for waiver  of Section 22.621 of the Commission’s Rules, 47

C.F.R. § 22.621, to use six Part 22 paging control frequencies for a public safety

radio system.  In particular, El Segundo seeks to use the six frequencies, paired
as follows:  506/509.075, 506/509.100, 506/509.125 MHz (the “Channels”) to support

the operations of its police and fire officers.
Unless otherwise provided, applications and requests for waiver of the
Commission's Rules are subject to treatment by the Commission as restricted
proceedings for ex parte purposes under Section 1.1208 of the Commission's Rules,
47 C.F.R. § 1.1208.  Because of the policy implications and potential impact of
this proceeding on persons not parties to the waiver request, we believe it would
be in the public interest to treat this case as a permit-but-disclose proceeding
under the ex parte rules, see 47 C.F.R. §§ 1.1200(a), 1.1206.  Therefore,
subsequent to the release of this Public Notice, ex parte presentations that are
made with respect to the issues involved in the subject Application and associated

waiver request will be allowed but must be disclosed in accordance with the
requirements of Section 1.1206(b) of the Commission's Rules, 47 C.F.R. §
1.1206(b).

Permit-but-disclose ex parte procedures permit interested parties to make ex parte

presentations to the Commissioners and Commission employees and require that these

presentations be disclosed in the record of the relevant proceeding.  Persons
making a written ex parte presentation to the Commissioners or Commission
employees must file the written presentation with the Commission Secretary no
later than the next business day after the presentation. 47 C.F.R. §
1.1206(b)(1).  Persons making oral ex parte presentations must file a summary of
the presentation and deliver copies to the Commissioners or Commission employees
involved with the presentation no later than the next business day after the
presentation. 47 C.F.R. § 1.1206(b)(2).  All ex parte filings must be clearly
labeled as such and must reference the DA number of this Public Notice, DA
03-2061.

An original and two copies of all ex parte memoranda must be filed with the
Commission’s Secretary, Federal Communications Commission, 445 12th Street., S.W.,

Room TW-325, Washington, D.C., 20554, in accordance with section 1.1206(b)(1) of
the Commission’s rules, 47 C.F.R. § 1.1206(b)(1).  In addition, one copy of each
ex parte memoranda should be delivered to each of the following locations: (1)
Qualex International, Inc., Portals II, 445 12th Street, S.W., Room CY-B402,
Washington, D.C. 20554, (202) 863-2893; (2) Thomas Eng, Federal Communications
Commission, Wireless Telecommunications Bureau, Public Safety and Private Wireless

Division, Policy and Rules Branch, 445 12th Street, S.W., Room 4-B512, Washington,

D.C. 20554; (3) Maria Ringold, Federal Communications Commission, Consumer and
Governmental Affairs Bureau, Reference Information Center, 445 12th Street, S.W.,
Room CY-B529, Washington, D.C. 20554;  (4) Russell H. Fox, Esq., (Counsel for El
Segundo), Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, P.C., 701 Pennsylvania
Ave., N.W., Washington D.C.  20004-2608; and (5)Audrey P. Rasmussen, Esq. (Counsel

for Paging Systems, Inc.), Hall, Estill, Hardwick, Gable, Golden & Nelson, P.C.,
1120 20th St., N.W., Suite 700, North Building, Washington, D.C.  20036-3406.

The full text of the Application and associated waiver request, and subsequently
filed documents in this matter may be obtained from the Commission’s duplicating
contractor, Qualex, International.  The documents also are available for public
inspection and copying during normal business hours in the Commission’s Reference
Information Center of the Consumer and Governmental Affairs Bureau, Federal
Communications Commission, 445 12th St., S.W., Room CY-A257, Washington, D.C.
20554.

For further information, contact Ms. Joy Alford of the Policy and Rules Branch of
the Public Safety and Private Wireless Division of the Wireless Telecommunications

Bureau at (202) 418-0694, TTY (202) 418-7233, or via e-mail at [email-masked]

By the Chief, Public Safety and Private Wireless Division, Wireless
Telecommunications Bureau.

- FCC -

 http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-03-2061A1.txt

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/