Subject: [NEXTEL-1] TMNG Study Reveals 39 Million Wireless Phone Users Are Ready to Switch Providers

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 19:46:03 -0400

TMNG Study Reveals 39 Million Wireless Phone Users Are Ready to Switch Providers

Wireline and Wireless Providers Must Revisit 'Bundle' Offerings and Improve
Call Quality, Billing and Customer Care to Retain Subscribers

OVERLAND PARK, Kan., June 18 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ --

The Management Network Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: TMNG), a leading provider of
management consulting services to the global communications industry, today
released key findings from the first wireless communications user study gauging
the impact of Wireless Number Portability (WNP) on wireless and wireline service
providers.
"These results indicate a seismic shift that presents significant financial
opportunity and risk for wireless and wireline service providers," said Rich
Nespola, CEO of TMNG. "Service providers must immediately ensure the impact on
operating expenditures is minimized. That starts with a top-down review of the
service-delivery process. They must also become operationally excellent as both
importers and exporters of customer accounts. Financially, those with significant
debt will have to remodel and reforecast cash flow." Perhaps the most surprising
finding of the study is that more than 16.7 percent of survey respondents said
they would definitely or probably switch their current home phone number to a
wireless phone if they could take their home phone number with them. That
represents 9.1 million home-telephone lines that could potentially shift to
wireless once wireless number portability is available (scheduled for late
November 2003).

Other key findings:

* Six percent of wireless users (which equates to 8.7 million of the current 146
million U.S. users) said they would switch wireless providers the day after
wireless number portability was available.

* A full 27 percent (potentially 39 million users) said they would switch
providers as soon as they received a better offer.

* More than 50 percent of those who experienced service issues in the past year
said they would switch carriers. Call quality and billing problems topped the list
of complaints.

"Delivering quality service remains the competitive differentiator that determines
who wins and who loses," Nespola added. "Wireless users also indicated a higher
propensity to retain their provider when additional features like loyalty
programs, push-to-talk and Web access are included in their plans."
TMNG's Wireless Number Portability (WNP) study was conducted in May 2003 to
determine the impact of WNP on the telecommunications services sector.  Results
are based on more than 2,700 valid user responses resulting in a 95 percent level
of confidence with a +/- 3 percent margin of error.

About TMNG

The Management Network Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: TMNG) is a leading provider of
strategy, management, marketing, operational and technology consulting services to
the global communications industry. With more than 500 consultants worldwide, TMNG
serves communications service providers, technology companies, and financial
services firms. Since the company's inception in 1990, TMNG and its subsidiaries
-- TMNG Strategy, TMNG Marketing, TMNG Technologies and TMNG Europe -- have served
more than 600 clients worldwide, including all the Fortune 500 telecommunications
companies. TMNG is headquartered in Overland Park, Kansas, with offices in Boston,
Chicago, Columbus, Dallas, La Jolla, London, New York, San Francisco, Toronto,
Utrecht and Washington, D.C. TMNG can be reached at 1.888.480.TMNG (8664) or
online at http://www.tmng.com.

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=SVBIZINK1.story&STORY=/www/story/06-18-2003/0001967825&EDATE=WED+Jun+18+2003,+03:26+PM

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Wireless Video Surveillance
http://us.click.yahoo.com/jWIEhC/90OGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 19:54:24 -0400

I wonder if they advised the survey participants they would need to buy new equipment.