Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Push-to-Talk will improve productivity - report

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 14:24:15 -0400

Push-to-Talk will improve productivity - report

Business users view push-to-talk voice calling (PTT) as one of today’s mobile
applications most likely to improve productivity, with nearly one in four
indicating it will enhance on-the-job efficiency, according to a new study by
Telephia.

Corporate decision-makers, however, have been slow to plan for PTT, as few
managers (7% of those sampled by Telephia) are currently launching or preparing to
implement the service as part of their mobile solution in the next 18 months. More
companies in high-tech/telecom (16%) and transportation/utilities/construction
(11%) are considering PTT deployment than in the healthcare (4%),
financial/professional services (6%) or manufacturing (8%) industries.

These are among the key findings from the Q2 2003 Telephia Enterprise Insights
report, an assessment of mobile services and devices within the enterprise
environment that captures the corporate decision-making and buying process as well
as end user preferences and satisfaction with current efforts.
Mobile Applications Which Can Improve Productivity,

According to Corporate Decision-Makers and Business End Users

Mobile Enterprise
Application or Initiative
Business End Users:
Application Will
Improve Productivity
Decision-Makers:
Considering Initiative For
Implementation
Push-to-talk voice calling
24%
7%
Instant messaging
24%
11%
Video conferencing/streaming
23%
7%
E-mail with attachments
23%
20%
Internet
20%
17%
Personal information
management
16%
14%
Two-way text messaging
(SMS)
16%
11%
Voice over IP
15%
11%
Corporate intranet/network
access
14%
14%
Multi-media messaging
6%
3%

Besides PTT, other applications that exhibit a disparity between end-user interest
and management planning include instant messaging (24% of surveyed end users think
it will enhance productivity, while only 11% of surveyed decision-makers are
planning to launch) and video conferencing/streaming (23% vs. 7%).

Those differences notwithstanding, decision-makers and end users alike expressed
interest in multiple applications, including corporate e-mail with attachments,
access to the mobile Internet, and personal information management.  Furthermore,
decision-makers at corporations with more than 5,000 employees are much more
likely to be considering corporate intranet access (24% of respondents) than small
businesses (10%) with fewer than 100 employees.

Decision-makers and end users agree that up-front investment, ongoing cost, and
network security are the top three challenges to mobile deployment. Beyond these,
end users are more concerned about the risk of failure to deliver and the
wait-and-see attitude of their company, while decision-makers are apprehensive
about technology readiness, network dependability and coverage, and product
support.

“Whether it’s push-to-talk calling, corporate intranet access, or e-mail, it’s
critical that IT decision-makers invest in mobile solutions that maximize
productivity and reflect the unique needs of their workforce,” said Mick Mullagh,
president and chief executive officer of Telephia.

Posted to the site on 25-Jun-03

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: sparkie_rf <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 19:11:56 -0000

> Push-to-Talk will improve productivity - report

How do these people look at themselves in the mirror every morning?

How to really improve productivity:
1) Quit thinking about the young, supple 20something's that work for 
your PR agency.

2) Quit thinking of new rationalizations as to why the wife should 
let you get a new car.

3) Quit wondering if you'll ever develop a "sweet" golf swing.

4) Quit wondering when NEXTEL will send a CORRECT monthly bill.

5) Quit wondering when your company will drop its health plan.

6) Quit wondering if you're not going to get fired out of the blue.

This report will ONLY cost you $3000. What bullchips!!!

The claimed productivity benefits ascribed to technology are 
borderline criminal.