Subject: [NEXTEL-1] ARLB038 New 60-Meter Band Becomes Available July 3

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 08:09:01 -0400

--------- Forwarded Message ----------
From: "ARRL Web site"
To: Subscribed ARRL Members: ;
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 16:26:59 -0400
Subject: ARLB038 New 60-meter band becomes available July 3

ZCZC AG38
QST de W1AW  
ARRL Bulletin 38  ARLB038
From ARRL Headquarters  
Newington CT  June 3, 2003
To all radio amateurs 

SB QST ARL ARLB038
ARLB038 New 60-meter band becomes available July 3

The new five-channel 60-meter domestic secondary amateur allocation
becomes available to US Amateur Radio operators at midnight local
time on July 3. The FCC Report and Order granting the allocation was
published June 3 in the Federal Register. Federal government users
are primary in the 5 MHz band.

The FCC has granted amateurs use of five 2.8 kHz-wide channels with
center frequencies of 5332, 5348, 5368, 5373 and 5405 kHz. The
channels will be available to General and higher class licensees.
The only permitted mode will be upper-sideband USB phone, and 50 W
ERP is the maximum power allowed.

Users of the 60-meter channels should set their carrier frequency
1.5 kHz lower than the channel center frequency. ARRL suggests
restricting transmitted audio bandwidth to 200 Hz on the low end and
2800 Hz on the high end for a total bandwidth of 2.6 kHz. ARRL
recommends that amateurs considering modifying existing amateur
equipment for operation on 60 meters contact the equipment's
manufacturer for advice.
NNNN
/EX

--

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/