Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Wireless Design Online Newsletter

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 10:12:28 -0400

================================================================
Wireless Design Online Newsletter - http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com
Tuesday, June 10, 2003
================================================================
 
------------------------------------- 
FEATURED ARTICLES
-------------------------------------  
 
1) REMEC Deploys AWR Design Flow Worldwide
2) Ansoft Translator Interface Available for Cadence Virtuoso 
3) 'Smart' phone designs hang up industry
 
---------------------------------------
 
1) REMEC Deploys AWR Design Flow Worldwide
 
Applied Wave Research, Inc. (AWR) announced that REMEC has signed a global
licensing agreement to deploy AWR's Microwave Office and Visual System Simulator
EDA software suites on a worldwide basis. The adoption of AWR EDA software
supports REMEC's continuous efforts to manage the substantial challenges of
today's wireless design technology...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/34999/793725
 
2) Ansoft Translator Interface Available for Cadence Virtuoso 
 
Ansoft Corporation today released the AnsoftLinks v2.5 interface for Cadence
Virtuoso digital and analog custom IC layout editor, significantly streamlining
the design of on-chip passive devices. The interface makes it possible to export
circuit layout cells from within Cadence Virtuoso to any number of Ansoft's
high-frequency and high-speed electromagnetic analysis products...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/35000/793725
 
3) 'Smart' phone designs hang up industry
 
A profusion of low-cost components and communications protocols is beginning to
blur the line between cell phones and handheld computers and present new
procurement options for electronics manufacturers. However, the convergence of
computing and communications platforms is also proving exceedingly difficult to
predict...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/34999/793725

------------------------------------- 
FEATURED PRODUCTS
-------------------------------------
 
1) Bluetooth Qualification Services
2) PE4235 SPDT Low Insertion Loss MOSFET RF Switch
3) High Frequency Structure Simulator
4) High Power Ku Band RF Amplifier
5) Directional Couplers
6) BlueVue Software
7) 8700 Series Survey System
8) Tiny Bluetooth Power Amplifiers
 
---------------------------------------
 
1) Bluetooth Qualification Services
 
RFI is able to offer a complete range of qualification and regulatory conformance
services for Bluetooth products. The following list identifies the key service
areas that RFI provides for the Bluetooth industry...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/35001/793725
 
2) PE4235 SPDT Low Insertion Loss MOSFET RF Switch
 
The PE4235 MOSFET RF Switch from Peregrine Semiconductor is designed to cover a
broad range of applications from DC through 4.0 GHz. This single-supply reflective
switch integrates on-board CMOS control logic driven by a simple, single-pin CMOS
or TTL control input...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/35002/793725
 
3) High Frequency Structure Simulator
 
Ansoft Corporation's HFSS 8.5 is a new release of the market-leading,
high-frequency, 3D electromagnetic design software for the microwave/RF industry.
This new release includes a 64-bit architecture carefully implemented to expand
analysis capability while minimizing increased memory usage...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/35003/793725
 
4) High Power Ku Band RF Amplifier
 
Aethercomm Part Number SSPA 14.5-15.4-15 is a high power, Ku Band, Solid State
Power Amplifier that operates from 14.5 to 15.4 GHz. The P1dB at 25C is 15 Watts
typical. The saturated output power is 20 watts typical at 25C. Downloadable pdf
datasheet available...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/35004/793725
 
5) Directional Couplers
 
This series of directional couplers feature high directivity and low SWR and are
conservatively rated to ensure the most reliable service and performance under
severe environmental conditions. These designs are ideal for lab applications,
internal leveling, ECM Systems, communication satellites, RF and microwave test
equipment, and wireless applications...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/35005/793725
 
6) BlueVue Software
 
Features:
 
- A Windows based application that allows you to easily manage your wireless data
connections.
- Configure your modem quickly and easily.
- Monitor the status of your modem connection on the wireless network.
- More...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/35006/793725
 
7) 8700 Series Survey System
 
The 8700 Series is the most accurate non-ionizing radiation survey system
available. It provides the broadest frequency coverage making it the ideal system
for surveying electromagnetic fields from 3 kHz to 100 GHz. Downloadable pdf
datasheet available...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/35007/793725
 
8) Tiny Bluetooth Power Amplifiers
 
Maxim Integrated Products introduces the MAX2244/MAX2245/MAX2246 family of 2.4GHz
power amplifiers (PA) designed for Bluetooth Class 1 radio modules. The PAs
integrate a unique closed-loop power control circuit that enables a near constant
output power over full temperature...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/35008/793725

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/