Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Motorola On 150-174 MHz, 421-512 MHz and 700 MHz bands

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2003 21:49:47 -0400

May 30, 2003

VIA ELECTRONIC FILING
Marlene H. Dortch, Secretary
Federal Communications Commission
445 12th Street, S.W.
Washington, D.C. 20554
Re: WT Docket No. 96-86
WT Docket No. 99-87

Dear Ms. Dortch:

On May 29, 2003, Stu Overby and Bruce Oberlies of Motorola, Inc., met
with Julius Knapp, Rashmi Doshi, Dave Means and William Hurst of the Office of
Engineering and Technology as well as Herb Zeiler of the Wireless
Telecommunications Bureau to discuss the technical standards applicable to public
safety and private wireless licensees operating in the 150-174 MHz, 421-512 MHz
and 700 MHz bands that are the subject of the two proceedings referenced above.
Motorola sought staff clarification of some of the provisions contained in the
Second Report and Order in WT Docket No. 99-87.1 Motorola also discussed its
positions expressed in its recently filed petition for reconsideration in WT
Docket
No. 96-86.2

1 Implementation of Sections 309(j) and 337 of the Communications Act of
1934 as Amended, WT Docket No. 99-87, Promotion of Spectrum Efficient
Technologies on Certain Part 90 Frequencies, RM-9332, Second Report and Order
and Second Further Notice of Proposed Rule Making, FCC 03-34 (rel. Feb. 25,
2003)

2 Motorola Petition for Reconsideration, WT Docket No. 96-98 (filed Jan. 13,
2003). Pursuant to Section 1.1206(b)(2) of the Commission’s rules, 47 C.F.R.
§1.1206(b)(2), one copy of this letter is being filed electronically for inclusion
in the
public record for both of these proceedings. If you have any questions regarding
this filing, please contact me at the above number.

Sincerely,

/S/ Michael A. Lewis
Michael A. Lewis
Engineering Consultant
Wiley Rein & Fielding
Counsel for Motorola, Inc.

cc (by electronic mail):
Julius Knapp
Rashmi Doshi
Dave Means
William Hurst
Herb Zeiler

http://svartifoss2.fcc.gov/prod/ecfs/retrieve.cgi?native_or_pdf=pdf&id_document=6514150735

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/