Subject: [NEXTEL-1] FW: [kd4raa-repeater] PTT

From: "Todd Ellis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 17:40:57 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: Danny Musten [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Friday, June 20, 2003 3:30 PM
To: Kd4raa-Repeater Group
Subject: [kd4raa-repeater] PTT

Forwarded frm WW4M:

Nextel today announced that they have been granted trademark and
registration 
for "Push To Talk" and  "PTT".   

http://www.corporate-ir.net/ireye/ir_site.zhtml?ticker=nxtl
<http://www.corporate-ir.net/ireye/ir_site.zhtml?ticker=nxtl&script=410&layo
u> &script=410&layou
t=-6&item_id=424319

From now on, I suppose we are gonna have to use  MTS - "mash to speak"  

RAA

---

From: "Bill Smith" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 21:26:52 -0400

I don't want to get in trouble for violating Nextel's trademark. Therefore,
I will be spending the rest of the weekend exorcizing any reference to "PTT"
and "Push to Talk" from all books, manuals and radio equipment in my
possession.  I am sure all of you will be doing the same. I will be
substituting a generic "PHD" or Push Here Dummy" in place of said PTT or
Push to Talk. Until Nextel trademarks PHD that is...

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/