Subject: [NEXTEL-1] The wife left as deposit for cell phone

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 17:02:12 -0400

The wife left as deposit for cell phone

According to a report in China Daily, a man left his “wife” as a deposit
on a cell phone. The man, who claimed to be
an investor from Taiwan, asked to test a Nokia phone in a shop in
Lingyuanxilu, Guangzhou Province.
He asked to try the handset outside the shop, and left his wife, along
with an envelope containing cash in the store
as a “deposit”. However, he never returned, and when the shop staff
quizzed the woman, she denied knowing the
man, saying she had only known him for the past three days. The envelope
was found to contain waste paper.
The woman, an employee of a local beauty salon had been invited by the
man to accompany him when he went to
purchase a mobile phone. She was detained by the police, but later
released.

Posted to the site on 16-Jun-03

 http://www.cellular-news.com/story/9059.shtml

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/