Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Cell phone voyeur faces jail

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 12:18:29 -0400

Cell phone voyeur faces jail

A Singapore newspaper deliveryman has been accused of using a Nokia 3650 handset
to attempt to secretly photograph women in a public toilet, according to a report
in The Straits Times. It is believed to be the first allegation of its type to
make it to the Singapore courts.

Teng Poh Kuan, 48 has been charged yesterday with criminal trespass and damaging
public property, along with the offence of
insulting a woman's modesty.

Teng allegedly broke into the female toilet at the centre at about 11am, after
shattering a glass window panel. Inside, he apparently then placed his phone on
the false ceiling of the toilet, before trying to take photos of a woman below.

Criminal lawyers told The Straits Times that this is the first time they have
heard of a mobile phone being used in such an offence. Previously, they said,
these offences involved the use of hidden cameras placed inside the cubicles or in
the false ceilings. If convicted, Teng could be jailed for up to three months and
fined.

Posted on 26-Jun-03

Read this article on the web at: www.cellular-news.com/story/9137.shtml

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/