Subject: [NEXTEL-1] We Need Teddy Rappaport To Find The Real Solution to 02-55

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 18:36:12 -0400

We Need Teddy Rappaport To Find The Real Solution to 02-55

Rappaport named to telecommunications study

June 4, 2003

Dr. Ted Rappaport, professor of electrical and computer engineering at The
University of Texas at Austin, has been named to a National Academy of Sciences
committee that will conduct a comprehensive study on the role and current scope of

research and development of telecommunications in the United States.

The committee will explore critical research areas for the U.S.
telecommunications sector, the interplay between telecommunications and
neighboring fields (such as computer science and electrical engineering), and the
relationships between basic, pre-competitive and more advanced research and
development.

The study will also examine changes in the level of support, research focus and
research time horizons at major U.S. industrial labs, as well as more broadly
across the industry. It will also examine telecommunications research within universities

and will evaluate how much is being done and under what conditions. The committee will consider the changing nature of the telecommunications industry and
may consider possible future paths for the area. After completing its research,
the committee will prepare a report recommending ways to improve the U.S. status as a
leader in telecommunications.

Dr. Rappaport holds the William and Bettye Nowlin Chair in Engineering and is
the director of UT Austin’s newly formed Wireless Networking and Communications
Group. He is one of 18 experts from academia and industry named to the committee.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/