Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Motorola Demonstrates Business Productivity Solutions at CeBIT America

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 17:24:40 -0400

Motorola Demonstrates Business Productivity Solutions at CeBIT America

New Enterprise Applications Leverage the Mobile Computing Capabilities Of
Motorola's iDEN Phones

NEW YORK, June 18 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Motorola, Inc. (NYSE: MOT)
today demonstrated several business productivity solutions for its iDEN(R)
mobile phones at CeBIT America (Booth #3333). These applications, developed by
leading software developers who are working with Motorola, range from
location-based workforce management systems to secure payment transaction
solutions.
"These applications demonstrate how enterprises can leverage the advanced
mobile computing capabilities of Motorola's iDEN phones to improve
productivity and efficiency, using a device their employees may already use
for their everyday communications," said Peter Aloumanis, vice president and
general manager, U.S. Markets Division, Motorola's iDEN Subscriber Group. "In
addition, these solutions can often be customized to meet the particular needs
of a specific industry or company -- transforming these mobile phones into
powerful business tools."
Motorola is demonstrating applications developed by Airclic, Creditel,
Gearworks, Openstream, Vettro, Wireless Links, and Motorola.

-- AirClic has developed mobile information solutions that enable tracking
of assets, people and activities in the field, such as tracking package
movement, making student movement through the school system visible to
school officials and parents, sending critical mass-casualty patient
information from an accident scene to area hospitals, and monitoring an
organization's IT equipment.

-- Creditel has developed a solution that allows mobile service providers,
ranging from delivery personnel to taxi drivers, to securely process
credit card transactions on the go using encryption software and the
Creditel PowerSwipe, a unique device that attaches directly to their
Motorola iDEN mobile phones.

-- Gearworks has developed etrace xt, a location-aware application that
enables field workers to automate the entry and management of their
schedules, work orders, inventory and time tracking using their
Motorola mobile phones. This solution is currently being offered by
General Motors as an incentive to its commercial vehicle customers.

-- Openstream has developed a suite of multi-modal business applications
to provide mobile business users with timely access to information they
need to stay productive, including financial portfolio information and
on-the-move access to enterprise e-mail, contacts directories and
schedules.

-- Vettro's Mobile Service and Repair Optimization application enables
enterprises to deliver higher quality service within narrower service
windows at lower expense. The application connects to the enterprise's
back-end systems to deliver real-time assignment/trouble-ticket
information and integrates various peripherals to enable mobile workers
to better manage the job process.

-- Wireless Links has developed a fleet management system solution
including application software, hardware and middleware in a modular
architecture for vertical markets such as the utility, field service,
transportation, and public service industries.

-- Motorola has developed Visual APB(TM) Plus, a wireless imaging
broadcast and e-mail messaging application that provides law
enforcement agencies with the ability to broadcast full-color visuals,
such as mug shots and photos of missing children, to other law
enforcement personnel in the field using their Motorola i95cl color-
screen phones.

SOURCE Motorola, Inc.
Web Site: http://www.motorola.com http://www.motorola.com/iden
http://www.cebit-america.com
Photo Notes: NewsCom:
http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20020307/MOTLOGO
http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20020415/MOTNOTAGLOGO AP
Archive: http://photoarchive.ap.org PRN Photo Desk,
+1-888-776-6555 or
+1-212-782-2840

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/