Subject: [NEXTEL-1] cellular-news for Monday 2nd June 2003

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2003 15:10:08 -0400

[Click Here]

               Friday 30th May 2003
   Australia to outlaw IMEI changing
   Another country cuts phone crime

   Australia's government says that it will make it an offence to 'rebirth'
 stolen mobile telephones by modifying their unique IMEI number, the Minister ...

   California to ban driving while using a cell phone
   Just waiting for the final sign-off

   California's state Assembly has passed a bill that will make it illegal to
 drive while using a cell phone. The bill now needs to be passed by the Sena...

   Antenna manufacturer opens US office
   Buyers demanding closer office ?

   Following a period of substantial US sales growth, the UK based miniature
 antenna manufacturer, Sarantel, has announced the formation of a USA subsidi...

   Quarterly handset sales report
   LG does well in America

   In its quarterly report, Strategy Analytics reports that the first quarter of
 2003 saw encouraging signs of growth in cellular handset sales, as both ...

   3G trials at Japanese airport
   A merger of LAN and 3G

   Japan Airlines (JAL) and DoCoMo have jointly announced that they will test
 applications operating on 3G and wireless LAN networks for JAL ground staff...

   Taiwan gets 100,000 i-mode subscribers
   Beats targets

   Taiwan's KG Telecom has said that the number of KGT i-mode subscribers has
 broken the first critical figure of 100,000 to indicate a meaningful market...

   Samsung to make personalised handsets for Telefonica
   Telefonica planning a clone of Vodafone Live ?

   Telefonica Moviles has signed an agreement with Samsung to buy personalised
 handsets from the South Korean manufacturer for deployment in all Telefoni...

   SMS notice of redundancy sent to call center staff
   Nasty txt

   The UK based personal injury compensation firm, The Accident Group has filed
 for bankruptcy, and dismissed its entire 2,500 workforce - by sending the...