Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Wireless Design Online Newsletter

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2003 14:53:48 -0400

================================================================
Wireless Design Online Newsletter - http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com
Thursday, June 5, 2003
================================================================

Would one of your friends or colleagues enjoy reading the Wireless Design Online
newsletter? If so, please pass this edition along. They can sign up for their
complementary subscription at:
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/34465/793725

------------------------------------- 
FEATURED ARTICLES
-------------------------------------  
 
1) Radio Frequency Investigation expands test capability to include GSM 850 band
2) Qualcomm Invests Up to $100M in China CDMA
3) AMD Flashes its Bluetooth Smile
 
---------------------------------------
 
1) Radio Frequency Investigation expands test capability to include GSM 850 band
 
Radio Frequency Investigation Ltd (RFI) has upgraded its Anite SAT+ testing
capability to support testing in the GSM 850 band (for US mobiles). RFI is the
only independent ISO17025 laboratory to support the Anite SAT6+ GSM 850 test
platform...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/34455/793725
 
2) Qualcomm Invests Up to $100M in China CDMA
 
The same week that Nokia announces it gained a Code Division Multiple Access
(CDMA) license from the Chinese government, its rival Qualcomm Inc. announces a
commitment to invest up to $100 million in early to mid-stage Chinese companies
working on the development and commercialization of CDMA-based products,
applications and services...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/34456/793725
 
3) AMD Flashes its Bluetooth Smile
 
Semiconductor maker AMD Wednesday unveiled a new low voltage Flash memory unit
designed for mobile devices and PDAs. The Sunnyvale, Calif.-based semiconductor
maker said its 8-Megabit Am29SL800D -- part of its AM29SL Flash memory (define)
product line -- focuses on Bluetooth and Global Positioning System (GPS)
modules...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/34456/793725

------------------------------------- 
FEATURED PRODUCTS
-------------------------------------
  
1) Microstrip Low Noise Amplifier
2) RF and Microwave Design Services
3) AWGN Signal Generators
4) Broadband Devices
5) GaAs MMIC Switch
6) Base Station Communications Antennas
7) Multi-Mix(R) Vector Modulators
8) EMSight 3D Planar Electromagnetic Simulator
 
---------------------------------------
 
1) Microstrip Low Noise Amplifier
 
The NSH Series Amplifier from MITEQ, Inc. utilizes MIC technology to offer a
multistage microstrip chassis with high performance. Applications include use as a
cascadable building blocks in up- and downconverters, T/R modules, and in many
other types of subassemblies... 
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/34457/793725
 
2) RF and Microwave Design Services
 
OMP designs and manufactures a broad range of RF and microwave products. We take a
wireless product from the conceptual phase all the way through to manufacturing.
Our standard and custom design work includes converters, power amplifiers, low
noise amplifiers and local oscillators...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/34458/793725
 
3) AWGN Signal Generators
 
Highly accurate one and two channel Additive White Gaussian Noise (AWGN)
generators suitable for SATCOM digital receiver test applications. Offers
programmable C/I, C/N, C/No and EbNo with built-in power measurement...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/34459/793725
 
4) Broadband Devices
 
UTE Microwave produces a broad range of ferrite devices for use in military,
commercial, medical and scientific applications. Their broadband devices feature
isolation of 18 dB min. and an insertion loss of 0.40 dB (max)...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/34460/793725

5) GaAs MMIC Switch
 
Finding a GaAs MMIC switch that could handle high power levels once meant
compromising isolation or insertion loss performance. The new UPG2009TB delivers
it all -- high power, excellent isolation and great insertion loss specifications.
Downloadable pdf datasheet available...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/34461/793725
 
6) Base Station Communications Antennas
 
Seavey Engineering associates, Inc. offers specialty base station antennas for
cellular and PCS wireless systems. Omnis and directional panel antennas are
provided in a wide range of gains and beam patterns...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/34462/793725
 
7) Multi-Mix(R) Vector Modulators
 
The Multi-Mix VMD-Q series provides a vector modulator with variable IQ control of
phase and amplitude in a surface mount outline. Accurate phase and amplitude
control through a 360 degree range make them ideal for feed forward and signal
processing applications...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/34463/793725
 
8) EMSight 3D Planar Electromagnetic Simulator
 
EMSight is a Windows 98/Me and Windows NT/2000/XP based electromagnetic simulator
for analyzing and the behavior of high-frequency, RF and microwave circuits and
antennas. EMSight can analyze arbitrary planar circuits including interconnecting
vias on an unlimited number of dielectric layers with an unlimited number of
ports...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/34464/793725

--------------------------------------------------------
COMPLIMENTARY WIRELESS SYSTEMS DESIGN SUBSCRIPTION
--------------------------------------------------------
 
Wireless Systems Design provides practical design solutions for engineers and
engineering managers working at the wireless systems level. Solutions-focused
editorial explores the design, simulation and testing of wireless systems and
subsystems, especially focusing on the interaction of a design's RF circuitry with
its analog, baseband, DC, and digital sections. Visit the link below to get your
complimentary subscription today.
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/34466/793725

-------------------------------------
TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES
-------------------------------------
 
Are you aware of the principle 802.11 specifications, including 802.11b and
802.11a? Have you compared the major alternative technologies used at the MAC and
PHY layers, and the reasoning behind the major attributes of these technologies?
This distance learning program will provide an understanding of these protocols
and more. Best of all, it is delivered straight to your desktop.
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/34467/793725

-------------------------------------
INDUSTRY EVENTS
-------------------------------------
 
WIRELESS SOLUTIONS
IIR Telecommunications and Technology conferences focus on wireless solutions,
including profitability and next-generation strategies, indoor coverage and
capacity, prepaid services, WLANs and WiFi technologies, and more. We encourage
you to visit IIR Telecoms and technology's web site for a complete listing of
upcoming events!
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/34468/793725

==========================================================
GENERATE LEADS
The VertMarkets Marketplace Manager is a self-service marketing tool that extends
your existing online marketing activities and lets you generate qualified sales
leads for your products.  To learn more please visit us at:  
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/content/vertpages/MarketplaceManager.asp?comingfrom=news_online_foot
 
==========================================================
CAREER SERVICES
Wireless Design Online has partnered with Artemis HR to bring you targeted resume
and job search capabilities.  Visit today:
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/34469/793725
 
==========================================================
CONSULTING SERVICES
Find the best consultant for your project through Wireless Design Online
Consulting Services. With performance data on 1,800 pre-qualified firms, this easy
to use service ensures you'll get the right firm, every time. 
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/34470/793725

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/