Subject: [NEXTEL-1] cellular-news for Friday 6th June 2003

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2003 18:09:59 -0400

[Click Here]

               Friday 6th June 2003
   3G network expands coverage
   Expanding video coverage in the UK

   3 UK has launched its WCDMA network in Northern England, Scotland, Wales and
 Northern Ireland, completing the deployment of its 3G commercial service ...

   No rise in cancer since cellphones launched
   Bad news for scaremongers

   A report from New Zealand's Wellington School of Medicine has found no
 increase in the incidence of cancer tumours since the introduction of cell
 phon...

   3G to GPRS call handover demo'd in China
   Shanghai 3G trials

   China's Huawei Technologies has announced that it has successfully completed a
 service handover between WCDMA system and GPRS system completed in its ...

   Nokia settles illegal handset complaint
   Breach of the rules

   Nokia has agreed to pay a US$60,000 "fine" for selling handsets that do not
 comply with US legislation regarding the ability to make emergency calls. ...

   Test center adds GSM850 to portfolio
   Expanding US capacity

   Radio Frequency Investigation Ltd (RFI) has upgraded its Anite SAT+ testing
 capability to support testing in the GSM 850 band (for US mobiles).  RFI i...

   Nortel interoperates with Camel
   Ineroperability tests go well

   Tecnomen has announced that its Intelligent Network (IN) platform, Tecnomen
 Prepaid, supporting CAMEL Phase 2 prepaid mobile termination and originati...

   Orange faces lawsuit over patent infringements
   Sues the network, not the manufacturer

   The UK based handset manufacturer, Sendo has confirmed that it has initiated
 legal proceedings in the High Court of Justice in London against the mobi...

   Encrypted SMS application developed
   You cant hack this

   The UK based software house, Silicon Village has launched the world first
 service independent end-to-end solution for sending secure SMS messages. The...