Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Motorola to Provide Integrated Public Safety Information Solution to LOGIS Government Consortium

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2003 02:58:13 -0400

Motorola to Provide Integrated Public Safety Information Solution to LOGIS
Government Consortium

System to Enhance Information Sharing for Minnesota Police and Fire Agencies
SCHAUMBURG, Ill., June 2, 2003 - LOGIS (Local Government Information Systems), a
consortium of local Minnesota government units, announced today that it has
selected Motorola, Inc. (NYSE:MOT) to provide an integrated public safety
information solution. The system, valued at $3.3 million will include Motorola's
computer aided dispatch (CAD), records management, mobile applications and mobile
reporting technologies and will allow city and county level member agencies
throughout the state to share information and communicate more effectively. The
integrated solution is part of Motorola's extensive portfolio of integrated
communications and information solutions to address mission-critical public safety
and security requirements worldwide.

"We needed reliable and highly advanced public safety technology to support the
LOGIS network," said Mike Garris, Executive Director LOGIS. "Motorola's CAD, RMS
and Mobile technologies exceeded our expectations and will provide an integrated
public safety platform for our members' police and fire agencies for years to
come."

LOGIS is a consortium of Minnesota cities and counties dedicated to saving
taxpayer dollars by sharing information technology costs. The purpose of LOGIS is
to provide a full range of locally supported, highly reliable management
information systems, data processing services, and related support services.

Public Safety Management is one of several applications available to LOGIS
members. Approximately 18 of the 28 member agencies will utilize the new public
safety information technology from Motorola.

Motorola's Premier CAD™ will streamline the dispatching process for LOGIS member
agencies by further automating call taking and dispatching functions. With Premier
CAD, dispatchers have the ability to utilize the same system to initiate and
manage incidents and dispatch resources. The system will enable the automation of
information to expedite communications between the public and an agency's field
units.

The system will also include Infotrak LRMS™ Law Records Management System. With
Infotrak's state-of-the-art database technology, participating agency officials
will be able to effectively manage the recording, indexing and tracking of
criminal and non-criminal related incidents. With Infotrak, reports are stored
electronically, which accelerates the retrieval and routing process and eliminates
the need for paper records.

As part of this system, LOGIS agencies will also utilize Premier MDC™ in a total
of approximately 250 public safety vehicles. Premier MDC™ is Motorola's wireless
mobile data solution that allows officers to quickly and securely access critical
information on incidents, vehicles and individuals. As an extension of Premier
MDC™, Premier MDC Reporting provides a complete mobile reporting solution,
enabling public safety personnel in the field to quickly create accurate reports.
Using Premier MDC Reporting, LOGIS users will benefit from the collection of more
accurate data through customized forms, definable supervisor workflow processes
and efficient exporting of report data to Motorola's Infotrak™ LRMS. In addition,
some agencies have chosen to submit reports wirelessly, which will allow officers
to remain in their vehicles ready to protect and serve their communities.

"A few agencies have recently joined LOGIS based largely on the fact that we will
be using Motorola's CAD, RMS and mobile systems," added Garris. "This alone
communicates a great deal about Motorola's leading edge technology and their track
record in the public safety industry."

Implementation on the project will begin later this year and is scheduled to be
completed for all 18 agencies in early 2005.

"We are pleased to provide LOGIS with this integrated public safety solution as
part of their overall data sharing initiative," said Tony Marshall, Motorola
Communications and Electronics, Inc. Vice President and General Manager Computer
Aided Dispatch and Records Management Operations Center. "LOGIS members have
demonstrated for years that data and system sharing strategies can be successful
in the public safety environment. State and local governments who follow this
integrated model for implementing public safety technology in their jurisdictions
can help save their agencies valuable time and resources."

http://www.motorola.com/mediacenter/news/detail/0,1958,2837_2300_23,00.html

-- 
  		"NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
		Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

		"NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

		"WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
 	   The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/