Subject: [mobile-ip] Not home subnet Status 132

From: "Gaurav Puri" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 11:12:12 +0530

hi,

It has been mentioned in section "10.3.1 Primary Care-of Address
Registration"   that
"if the home address for the binding (the Home Address field in the
packet's Home Address option)
is not an on-link IPv6address with respect to the home agent's current
Prefix List or if the corresponding
prefix was not included in an advertisement sent with the Home Agent (H)
bit set, then the home agent
MUST reject the Binding Update "

Now since HA is maintaining a prefix list which only contains the prefixes
being advertised by HAs and not non-HA routers, the second case i.e.  "if
the corresponding prefix was not included in an advertisement sent
with the Home Agent (H) bit set"  won't arise as HA won't store that prefix
in the prefix list at the first place.
All HAs need to advertise the same prefix.

On-link check is sufficient for checking not home subnet .

please clarify

regards
  gaurav

---

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 09:06:02 +0300

> On-link check is sufficient for checking not home subnet .

You are right. This part was not changed at the time we
simplified the home agent prefix advertisement scheme,
but it should have been. I have deleted the "or if ..." part.

Thanks,

--Jari