Subject: [NEXTEL-1] COMMITTEE CHANGES FOR THE UPCOMING YEAR

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 17:11:26 -0400

June 24, 2003

To:Executive Council Representatives

From:Acting President Vincent Stile

Re:Committee Changes for the Upcoming Year

As many of you are aware, several changes have been made to the current committees
in order to best prepare for the upcoming year.Specifically, new committee chairs
have been assigned, a few committees have concluded and some have been added.For
the sake of clarification, attached please find the committee chair list from 2003
and the committee chair list for 2004.

I would like to specifically address a few issues involved in the committee
changes.The first of which is the restructuring of the Automated Frequency
Coordination (AFC) Advisory Committee to coincide with the structure of the
Institute Advisory Committee.Previously, the AFC Advisory Committee consisted of
five members and the Institute Advisory Committee had four members.In 2004, the
AFC Advisory Committee will have four members, just like the Institute Advisory
Committee.Additionally, Dan Hawkins has been replaced as the Chair of the AFC
Advisory Committee by Richard Reynolds.

Other changes in committee chair assignments include:Stephen Souder replacing
Julie Righter as the Chair of Project RETAINS; Bill Cade replacing Bill Hinkle as
the Chair of Project LOCATE; Richard Boettcher replacing Matt Stillwell as the
Chair of the Best Practices for 9-1-1 Communications Center Task Force; and Nate
McClure replacing Barry Morris and Bob Thompson as the Chair of the Corporate
Advisory Committee.Recently, upon the final review and recommendation of the
second round of grants, Bill Hinkle tendered his resignation as the Chair of the
Public Safety Foundation of America (PSFA) Advisory Committee.The Board of
Officers are currently working on a replacement for this position.

Finally, the following committees have concluded due to the completion of their
set goals and objectives:

·Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Task Force

·Information Technology Committee

·Legislative, Regulatory and External Affairs Task Force

·National Strategy Committee

·Project 39 – 800 MHz Commercial Interference Committee

·Strategic Planning Committee

Other committees have concluded due to a lack of funding or committee structure
change.Those committees are the Emergency Medical Dispatch Committee, Ideas for
Funding Task Force, and Project PRO.

ATTACHMENT

Exiting Chairs

                                                             Management
                    2002-2003                    Staff       Committee
  Committee Name      Chair     Board Liaison  Liaison        Liaison
AFC Advisory                   Gregory
Committee         Dan Hawkins  Ballentine    Ron Haraseth       N/A
APCO Foundation   William
Committee         Hinkle       Vincent Stile Woody Glover  Nancy Pollock
Best Practices
for 9-1-1
Communications
Centers Task      Matt
Force             Stillwell    Diana Borash  Woody Glover   Jenny Hansen
Corporate
Advisory                                     Kathryn
Committee         Barry Morris Vincent Stile Peterson         Pat Hall
Corporate         Robert
Advisory          Thompson                   Kathryn
Committee         (ATX)        Vincent Stile Peterson         Pat Hall
Project LOCATE    William      Gregory
(38)              Hinkle       Ballentine    Woody Glover  Nancy Pollock
Project RETAINS
(40)              Julie RighterDiana Borash  Woody Glover     Pat Hall

ATTACHMENT

2003 – 2004 Committee Chairs

                                            Board       Staff    Management
      Committee Name      2003-2004 Chair  Liaison    Liaison      Liaison
9-1-1 Emergency Number                    Diana     New 9-1-1       Nancy
Committee                Nancy Pollock    Borash    Director       Pollock
                                          Diana
AFC Advisory Committee   Richard Reynolds Borash    Ron Haraseth     N/A
                                          Gregory   New 9-1-1       Nancy
APCO Foundation CommitteeOpen             BallentineDirector       Pollock
APCO Technical Training
Task Force               LexRutter        Second VP             Gregg Riddle

Awards Committee         Nancy Brady      Second VP Cindy Lorow Gregg Riddle

Best Practices for 9-1-1
Communications Centers   Richard          Diana     New 9-1-1
Task Force               Boettcher        Borash    Director    Jenny Hansen

Call Centers
Communications Training &                 Gregory   New 9-1-1
Certification Standards  Chris Fischer    BallentineDirector    Jenny Hansen
Constitution & Bylaws
Committee                Glen Nash        Second VP Yucel Ors   Gregg Riddle
Corporate Advisory                        Diana     Kathryn
Committee                Nathan McClure   Borash    Peterson      Pat Hall
                                          Vincent                   Nancy
Credentials Committee    Glen Nash        Stile     Yucel Ors      Pollock
Editorial Advisory                                                  Nancy
Committee                Barry Furey      Second VP Cindy Lorow    Pollock
Finance and Budget       Gregory          Gregory
Committee                Ballentine       BallentineTim Ryan    Jenny Hansen
                         Gregory          Gregory
Governance Taskforce     Ballentine       Ballentine
                                                    Barbara
Historical Committee     Taylor Mieure    Second VP Lawrence    Gregg Riddle
Homeland Security Task                    Diana     Kathryn
Force                    Barry Furey      Borash    Peterson    Gregg Riddle
Institute Advisory
Committee                Peter Thomas     Second VP Dave Bubb        N/A
International Development
Committee                Ken Mott         Ken Mott  Tim Ryan    Jenny Hansen
                                          Gregory   New 9-1-1
MAAP                     Chris Fischer    BallentineDirector    Jenny Hansen
                                          Gregory
Management Committee     Gregory Riddle   BallentineJohn Ramsey Gregg Riddle
Member Chapter Services                             Kathryn
Committee                Gregory Riddle   Second VP Peterson    Gregg Riddle
National Emergency                        Diana
Warning System Taskforce Donald Root      Borash
                                          Diana     New 9-1-1
Project 36 Committee     Mark Neebe       Borash    Director    Jenny Hansen
                                          Gregory   New 9-1-1       Nancy
Project LOCATE (38)      Bill Cade        BallentineDirector       Pollock
                                          Diana     New 9-1-1
Project RETAINS (40)     Stephen Souder   Borash    Director      Pat Hall

Spectrum Management                       Diana
Committee                David G Buchanan Borash    Ron HarasethJenny Hansen

ATTACHMENT

Concluding Committees

                                                          Management
  Committee                      Board                     Committee
     Name     2002-2003 Chair   Liaison    Staff Liaison    Liaison
Americans
with
Disabilities
(ADA) Task                    Diana
Force        Cheryl GreathouseBorash     Woody Glover      Pat Hall
Emergency
Medical                       Diana
Dispatch     Glenn Luedtke    Borash     Patty Maher       Pat Hall
Ideas For
Funding Task                  Gregory
Force (IF)   Xavier Anderson  Ballentine Tim Ryan          Pat Hall
IT
(Information                  Diana
Technology)  Butch Johnstone  Borash     Dennis Divine     Pat Hall
Legislative,
Regulatory
and External
Affairs Task                                              Gregg
Force        Gregg Riddle                                 Riddle
National                      Gregory                        Nancy
Strategy     Steven Proctor   Ballentine Courtney McCarron  Pollock
Project 39 -
800 MHz
Commercial                    Vincent                        Gregg
Interference Kevin Kearns     Stile      FarokhLatif        Riddle
Project PRO                   Diana
(37)         Lynne Feller     Borash     Woody Glover      Pat Hall
Strategic
Planning                      Board of   John Ramsey/ Tim    Nancy
Committee    Nancy Pollock    Officers   Ryan               Pollock
US delegation
to the
International
Development                   Gregory                        Jenny
Committee    Stephen Souder   Ballentine Tim Ryan           Hansen