Subject: [mobile-ip] I-D ACTION:draft-hong-mobileip-acar-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 10:24:21 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Access Router Based Movement Detection and CoA 
                          Configuration
	Author(s)	: Y. Hong et al.
	Filename	: draft-hong-mobileip-acar-00.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 2003-6-23
	
This document proposes Access Router (AR) based movement detection 
and Care-of Address (CoA) configuration for fast handover in Mobile 
IPv6. An Active Access Router (AcAR) which will serve a Mobile Node 
(MN) performs movement detection, formulates a new CoA of the MN and 
does Duplicate Address Detection (DAD) on behalf of the MN. After 
confirming the uniqueness of the new CoA, the AcAR sends it through a 
RA message. Since an AcAR can quickly determine the L3 movement by 
the comparison between neighbor caches and L2 information of a MN, a 
MN does not have to wait to receive RA messages from ARs. Thus, the 
movement detection delay is reduced. Since DAD is performed by an 
AcAR in advance, a MN does not have to do normal DAD and it can use 
the new CoA for its interface directly.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hong-mobileip-acar-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-hong-mobileip-acar-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-hong-mobileip-acar-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.