Subject: [NEXTEL-1] PUSH2CONNECT was designed to compete with Nextel's Direct Connect

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 11:16:19 -0400

Anyone wanna bet how long Nextel last in this Push-To-Squish envoirment?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Preferred Voice Unveils 'PUSH2CONNECT', Its Competitive Alternative to Push To
Talk Services

    DALLAS, June 10 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Preferred Voice, Inc.
(OTC Bulletin Board: PFVI), the leading network-based speech application
provider today announced its new service application platform PUSH2CONNECT.
PUSH2CONNECT was created to meet the growing market demand for a "push to
talk" service.  PVI's new service can be overlaid on any wireless provider's
existing network and delivered to their subscribers over their existing cell
phones.  PUSH2CONNECT was designed to compete with Nextel's Direct Connect(SM)
service and is available in all U.S. markets.

    To date, wireless carriers have lacked the functionality of Nextel's
walkie-talkie like service and for the most part have simply not addressed the
multi-billion dollar business market.  PUSH2CONNECT will allow PVI and its
carrier partners to tap into this lucrative market quickly and at extremely
favorable end-user price points.  PUSH2CONNECT is not limited to the business
user but can be marketed to specific target segments within the wireless
carriers' market area.

    For example, PUSH2CONNECT allows wireless carriers to sell "One Number"
service in the residential marketplace.  More simply, instead of having a home
number plus multiple cellular numbers, a family is assigned a single number
that will ring all of the family cellular phones simultaneously.  This
functionality allows cellular service to work in conjunction with or instead
of residential wireline service, and will allow wireless carriers to move into
the relatively untapped CLEC market.

    Another residential application built into PUSH2CONNECT is PVI's Call
Manager.  Call Manager allows subscribers to screen incoming calls, thereby
eliminating solicitors and other unwanted calls.  It allows subscribers to
store a rolodex of up to 50 names and numbers from which they speak a name,
using PVI's Voice Accessed Dialing, to be connected.  Also included in the
Call Manager Service is voice access to content, information, and to voice-
driven e-mail navigation that allows subscribers to check their email from
their home or cellular phones.

    PUSH2CONNECT will address the growing teen market by adding a feature that
allows the teen subscriber to build lists of private groups like "My Friends",
"Baseball Team", or "Chess Club", etc.  Members of each list may then be
contacted via the PUSH2CONNECT feature individually, or all may be added to a
call simultaneously.

    "We designed PUSH2CONNECT to not only compete with the "push to talk"
services, and residential wireline providers, but to also address a growing
trend in the teen market," said Rick Stone, Executive Vice President of
Business Development.  "It is less expensive than currently available "push to
talk" technology for the carrier to deploy and just as easy for the subscriber
to use.  It also provides a unique opportunity to address the residential
market with more traditional wireline like services and the additional
opportunity in the exploding teen market is very exciting."

    About Preferred Voice
    Based in Dallas, TX, Preferred Voice, Inc. is a leading voice recognition
technology company.  Through its Carrier services Group, Preferred Voice
markets its products and services to wireless, ILEC and CLEC companies across
the United States.  These enhanced voice services include Safety Talk voice
activated dialing, Emma TR the telephone receptionist, and BusinessConnect
voice directory assistance.  Preferred Voice's Network Services Group provides
carrier connectivity, call management, provisioning and service delivery
solutions for carriers, voice portal providers, wireless application providers
and other enhanced feature providers.  For more information visit
http://www.preferredvoice.com .

SOURCE Preferred Voice, Inc.
Web Site: http://www.preferredvoice.com

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: Jack Daniel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 08:25:12 -0700

Probably not as long as it takes to set up a reliable 10 party
nationwide push-to-talk one-to-all group. ha ha
========================================================

[email-masked] wrote:
>                    Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.