Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Trepia(TM) Helps Users Find a Buddy using Wi-Fi

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2003 03:03:24 -0400

Trepia(TM) Helps Users Find a Buddy using Wi-Fi

by WDN ([email-masked]), June 03, 2003

Trepia's free software lets you instant message anyone currently using a
Wi-Fi network in a public place.

I recently stumbled accross an interested collaboration
tool called Trepia; actually, a Slashdot thread likely
more accurately refered to it as a buddy list of strangers. 

According to the website, Trepia™ is a revolutionary networking application that
lets you instantly meet other people in your vicinity. Other people will simply
appear on your contact list automatically, allowing you to communicate with them.

Trepia™ performs a patent-pending Progressive Proximity search for nearby
people using known geographical information about the networks you use. It
searches from the inside out, first adding people local to you, then
branching out to others.

-- 
  		"NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
		Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

		"NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

		"WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
 	   The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/