Subject: [mobile-ip] Announcement of a new AR-Based MD and CoA Configurati on draft

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 16:39:26 +0900

Dear mobileip WG members..

 We have submitted a new individual draft that describes 
AR-Based MD and CoA Configuration.

 Until now, MD, CoA configuration and DAD are considered separately.
 And these operations are done at MN.

 We think that if a MN and a AR have the same information for these
operations, 
the AR may take the role of MD, CoA configuration and DAD.

 Since the AR (in draft, we call it AcAR) can quickly determine the L3
movement by 
the comparison between neighbor caches and L2 information of a MN, a  MN 
does not have to wait to receive RA messages from ARs. And since DAD is
performed by an 
AcAR in advance, a MN does not have to do normal DAD.
 Thus the delay might be reduced.

 The draft is available at:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hong-mobileip-acar-00.txt
  
 We are looking forward to you feedback.

 Thanks..

 Yong-Geun..

---

From: "Seok Joo Koh" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 16:52:45 +0900

Yong-Geun.. 

You might like to distribute the I-D to the DNA (BoF) list as well.

Seok J. Koh

----- Original Message ----- 
From: <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Wednesday, June 25, 2003 4:39 PM
Subject: [mobile-ip] Announcement of a new AR-Based MD and CoA Configuration draft

> <http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hong-mobileip-acar-00.txt>  
>

---

From: Brett Pentland <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 18:29:47 +1000

Hi Yong-Geun,

I'm not sure if I'm missing the point.  Your description sounds like the 
ARs will use some triggering information to quickly determine whether a 
node just just moved to the network then then provide it with an address 
that has already had DAD performed on it (a la aDAD).

On reading the draft, it sounds like the AR uses information in the 
trigger to configure an address and then performs DAD, before returning 
the address to the MN.

Do you think it's worth having moderately complex triggers, and 
modifications to RS and RA if you are then going to perform DAD (which 
takes about a second) after the MN turns up on a network?

Regards,
Brett.