Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Re: Nextel Owns "Push To Talk" Re: Nextel Owns "Push To Talk"

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 12:11:33 -0400

-------- Original Message --------
From: Jack Daniel <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Nextel Owns "Push To Talk" 

Sorry that such a small comment was considered lawyer 'bashing'. 
I never thought anyone, especially yourself, would include YOU in the
same group as amoral shysters in your chosen profession. 

There's is an old saying; when you sleep with dogs, you get fleas too.

But lets not get diverted from the main subject.
-----------------

Anyway, you have convinced me you are much smarter than me, so please
confirm my understanding of your generous legal analysis;

Nextel does NOT have any exclusive rights (i.e. trade mark, service
mark, etc.) to the terms "Push To Talk" or "PTT" at this time.  

Nextel will probably NOT be granted exclusive use of these terms in the
future.

>From the press release it appears Nextel is not just trying to stop
anyone else from trademarking 'Push To Talk',  Nextel wants to have
exclusive use of that term all to themselves. (yeah, I know that's
redundant)

If Nextel has no rights to "Push To Talk" how can they announce they
are  informing others to stop using that term? 

Is it just  a bluff or intimidation or a half-truth?

Maybe Nextel needs to put you on full-time to keep them on track, my
friend. ;-)

But I may be wrong......
Jack Daniel
====================================================

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: Samara <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 09:22:21 -0700 (PDT)

I'm Sorry but I think you sent this email to the wrong
person.  There were also many of them sent.  Please
don't do this again.  Thank you!

> But lets not get diverted from the main subject.

__________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
SBC Yahoo! DSL - Now only $29.95 per month!
http://sbc.yahoo.com