Subject: [NEXTEL-1] HIGH POWER CORDLESS TELEPHONE INTERFERENCE

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2003 23:45:32 -0400

KFDC FDC [Back to Top] 

A0015/01 - ATTENTION INTERNATIONAL OPERATORS: INTERFERENCE IMPACTING AERO-
NAUTICAL AIR TRAFFIC FREQUENCIES CAUSE BY ILLEGAL HIGH POWER CORDLESS TELEPHONES.
THE MIAMI AIR ROUTE TRAFFIC CONTROL CENTER (ZMA ARTCC) HAS EXPER- IENCED RADIO
FREQUENCY INTERFERENCE (RFI) ON FREQUENCIES 134.2, 134.6 MHZ RESULTING FROM THE
UNAUTHORIZED USE OF HIGH POWER CORDLESS TELEPHONES IN THE BAHAMAS AND ON FREQUENCY
133.85 MHZ FROM THE USE OF HIGH POWER CORDLESS TELEPHONES IN MIAMI. THE CLEVELAND
AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL CENTER ARTCC (ZOB) OPERATIONS WERE ALSO IMPACTED DUE TO RFI ON
FREQUENCY 134.65 MHZ, FROM THE UNAUTHORIZED USE OF HIGH POWER CORDLESS TELEPHONE
LOCATED IN HARRISON, MICHIGAN. HIGH POWER CORDLESS TELEPHONES ARE BEING USED
ILLEGALLY IN THE U.S. AND THE BAHAMAS. THESE PHONES CAN INTERFERE WITH THE
FREQUENCIES USED FOR AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL WORLDWIDE AND CAN POSE PROBLEMS TO ATC
NAVIGATION AND COMMUNICATIONS. PART 1 OF 2 WIE UNTIL UFN 

A0015/01 - THE FAA IS WORKING WITH OTHER GOVERNMENT AGENCIES WITHIN THE UNITED
STATES AND OTHER COUNTRIES TO CURTAIL ILLEGAL USE OF THESE PHONES AND IS
APPROACHING VENDORS TO CEASE DISTRIBUTION AND PRODUCTION OF UNITS THAT OPERATE IN
OR CAUSE INTERFERENCE TO CRITICAL AERONAUTICAL RADIO SPECTRUM. USERS OPERATING ON
THESE FREQUENCIES SHOULD BE AWARE THAT NAVIGATION AND COMMUNICATION COULD BE
SEVERELY IMPACTED DUE TO RFI OF THESE HIGH POWER CORDLESS TELEPHONES. USERS OF
AERONAUTICAL RADIO NAVIGATION AND COMMUNICATION SERVICES WHO EXPERIENCE THIS TYPE
OF INTERFERENCE SHOULD REPORT ANY EVENT IMMEDIATELY TO THE AIR TRAFFIC FACILITY
PROVIDING AIR TRAFFIC SER- VICES. IF THIS IMMEDIATE REPORT IS UNACHIEVABLE, THE
USERS SHOULD MAKE A REPORT TO THE NEAREST AIR TRAFFIC FACILITY AT THE EARLIEST
TIME POSSIBLE AFTER THE RFI EVENT. PART 2 OF 2 WIE UNTIL UFN

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/