Subject: [NEXTEL-1] MSV asks permission to add ATC to MSS

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2003 18:06:22 -0400

MSV asks permission to add ATC to MSS
June 05 13:20:00, 2003

WASHINGTON—Mobile Satellite Ventures L.P. today said it filed an application with
the Federal Communications Commission for authority to add an ancillary
terrestrial component to existing and planned mobile satellite systems. 

In January, despite fierce opposition from the mobile-phone industry, the FCC
approved ATC for mobile satellite operators. MSV said its next-generation
satellite system will continue to provide high-quality and affordable service to
both urban and rural markets across North America. 

“The FCC already endorses MSV’s concept of providing ATC service. We therefore
expect quick approval of this application, which will pave the way for MSV to
implement the first truly universal wireless service,” said Carson E.
Agnew, president and chief operating officer of MSV. 

http://rcrnews.com/cgi-bin/news.pl?newsId=13778

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/