Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Boost Mobile Introduces 65 New Wireless Games and Entertainment Applications at JavaOne

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 12:15:28 -0400

Boost Mobile Introduces 65 New Wireless Games and Entertainment Applications at
JavaOne

Entertainment Editors/Business Editors/High-Tech Writers
JavaOne 2003

SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--June 10, 2003--

Youth-Focused Wireless Service Provider Launches Boost LIVE to Offer Downloadable
Software Applications, Ring Tones and More Over the Air

Boost Mobile, a leading provider of pay-as-you-go wireless phones and services,
today introduced a suite of new wireless entertainment applications and branded
content, designed to meet the lifestyle needs of today's youth.
Announced today at the JavaOne Developer Conference, Boost Mobile customers are
now able to browse and download over the air 65 new games, nearly 300 polyphonic
ring tones and more than 500 wallpapers to their Java(TM) technology-enabled
phones using Boost LIVE (www.boostmobile.com/boostlive), a new section of the
Boost Web site.
Boost LIVE and several of the company's new Java 2 Platform, Micro Edition,
(J2ME(TM)) technology-based games and entertainment applications will be
demonstrated at this year's JavaOne Developer Conference, June 10-13, in the
Nextel booth (#930).

Some of the first youth-oriented applications offered include popular games such
as FOX Sports(TM) Football, FOX Sports(TM) Basketball and DuraTrax(TM) Mobile RC
from Sorrent; V-Fighter and MyCupid by Micro Java Network; Zip Xavier, Wasabi Run
and Nitro Nick by Animobile; and polyphonic ring tones from Zingy.
"With the addition of Boost LIVE, we are offering our customers a virtual video
game arcade," said Seth Cummings, senior manager, Internet and Wireless, Boost
Mobile. "Boost customers simply browse Boost LIVE's ever-growing entertainment
catalog, purchase the applications they want and download them over the air
directly to their Boost Mobile pay-as-you-go phones."

Boost customers with a Java(TM) technology-enabled phone and Wireless Web or Text
Messaging subscription plan are now able to take advantage of Boost LIVE.
Beginning July 1, all Boost customers with Java(TM) technology-enabled phones will
be able to download applications over the air using Boost LIVE, regardless of
their service subscription. Applications have a one-time, unlimited use fee that
varies in price from $1.49 to $6.

To kick off the new service, Boost Mobile is offering its customers a special
limited time promotion. From today to July 31, Boost customers can download 50
Cent's "Wanksta" and "In Da Club," two of the most popular ring tones from Zingy,
for 50 Cents each.

"With 65 youth-oriented wireless entertainment applications to kick off Boost
LIVE, and approximately 80 more games and entertainment titles scheduled to launch
this summer, we intend to raise the bar and establish Boost Mobile as the most
aggressive player in the wireless gaming revolution."

Boost Mobile games and content are highly optimized to run on its Java(TM)
technology-enabled wireless phones. Boost Mobile is working closely with
developers throughout the design and development process to ensure that Boost
customers' game and application experience will consistently be the most
compelling available in the wireless industry.
Boost LIVE applications that are available now include:

Color Games
Animobile's Angry, Angry Alien         Fishing King by Tsunami Mobile
Games
Animobile's Mad Monkey 2.0             Gothic Graveyard
Animobile's MechaBunny                 Ice Tower
Animobile's Nitro Nick                 J-1 Tomato Capture
Animobile's Rocket Rooster             J-1 UFO Rescue
Animobile's Thumb Jammin'              Karabas: Refuel or Die
Animobile's Wasabi Run                 Karabas: Single Chance
Animobile's Zip Xavier                 KatDOOM
Apple4you Golf Magic                   Labyrinth
Apple4you Soccer Star                  Mecha -O High Spec
Attackship                             Minesweeper
BoarderFun                             MyCupid
Boss Brawl by Tsunami Mobile Games     New Skool Skater
Casino                                 Rising Angel by Tsunami Mobile
Games
Combat Jet Attack                      Sea Rescue
Commanders by Tsunami Mobile Games     Simon Says
Crossword                              Ski Slalom
DCMagical                              Sorrent Wild 8BallCL
DCRadical                              Soul Daddy BKB
Duratrax Mobile RC by Sorrent          Star Cruiser
FOX Sports Basketball by Sorrent       SummerSwap
FOX Sports Football by Sorrent         Tank Wars
V-Fighter
B&W Games
Animobile's Angry, Angry Alien         Labyrinth
Animobile's Mad Monkey                 Minesweeper
Animobile's Nitro Nick                 PaddleBall
Animobile's Rocket Rooster             Reincarnating BUGs
Animobile's Thumb Jammin'              Reversi
Attackship                             Sea Rescue
Casino Pack                            Simon Says
Crossword                              Sorrent Wild 8-Ball
Demon's Treasure                       SummerSwap
Joggle                                 microHearts

About Boost Mobile

Boost Mobile LLC, with headquarters in Irvine, Calif., is a lifestyle-based
telecommunications company that focuses solely on developing and distributing
communications products for the youth market. Boost Mobile is the only
pay-as-you-go wireless phone service that offers the unique Boost 2WAY
walkie-talkie feature.
The company offers pay-as-you-go wireless phone service, RE- Boost pay-as-you-go
airtime cards and a wide range of accessories, Java(TM) games for wireless phones,
ring-tones and other cutting-edge mobile services that are available at more than
1,000 locations where youth prefer to shop, including Best Buy, Good Guys, Target,
Wherehouse Music and wireless and youth fashion retailers in California and
Nevada.

Note to Editors: Registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.

--30--JP/np*

CONTACT: Boost Mobile, Irvine
Andy Colley, 949/789-4822 (media)
[email-masked]
KEYWORD: CALIFORNIA
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: TELECOMMUNICATIONS SOFTWARE MUSIC ELECTRONIC
GAMES/MULTIMEDIA CONSUMER/HOUSEHOLD PRODUCT TRADESHOW
SOURCE: Boost Mobile

http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/cb_headline.cgi?&story_file=bw.061003/231615509&directory=/google&header_file=header.htm&footer_file=

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/