Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Thomas J. Sugrue Joins T-Mobile USA as Vice President

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 20:46:04 -0400

Thomas J. Sugrue Joins T-Mobile USA as Vice President
P.R.Newswire, 6/16/2003 09:05

Of Government Affairs

Sugrue Will Lead T-Mobile's D.C. Office

BELLEVUE, Wash., June 16 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, Thomas J. Sugrue
officially joined T-Mobile USA as Vice President of Government Affairs.
Mr. Sugrue is leading T-Mobile's D.C. office and the company's federal
and state government affairs.

"We're extremely pleased to bring Tom Sugrue's experience and expertise
to T-Mobile. He brings tremendous breadth and depth on all aspects of
wireless communications and related policy issues," said Robert Dotson,
President and CEO of T-Mobile USA.

"T-Mobile's commitment to its customers and the quality of its
leadership and people throughout the company were important factors in
my decision to join the company," said Mr. Sugrue. "I look forward to
working with Congress, the Federal Communications Commission, the
Administration, and state officials on issues of importance to wireless
consumers. This is an exciting time for T-Mobile and the industry. I am
pleased to be joining the fastest growing wireless company in the United
States."

Prior to joining T-Mobile USA, Mr. Sugrue served as head of the FCC's
Wireless Bureau for more than four years. The Wireless Bureau oversees
the licensing and regulation of all wireless telecommunications services
in the United States. Prior to joining the FCC in early 1999, he was a
partner in the law firm of Halprin, Temple, Goodman & Sugrue, and
previously served as Deputy Assistant Secretary of Commerce at the
National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA).

Before joining the Department of Commerce, Mr. Sugrue served for four
years as Chief of the Policy and Program Planning Division of the FCC's
Common Carrier Bureau. Prior to that, Mr. Sugrue served as Special
Counsel for Competitive Policies in the Bureau, where he worked on
projects associated with the AT&T divestiture.

Mr. Sugrue also has worked as an attorney for Wilmer, Cutler &
Pickering; Special Assistant to the Director of the Office of Policy
Planning at the Federal Trade Commission; and Law Clerk to Justice Paul
Reardon in the Supreme Court of Massachusetts.

Mr. Sugrue earned a J.D., magna cum laude, from Harvard Law School; a
Masters in Public Policy from Harvard University; and a B.S. in physics,
magna cum laude, from Boston College.

As of first quarter 2003, T-Mobile USA had more than 19,000 employees in
the United States serving 10.8 million customers.

About T-Mobile, USA, Inc.

Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile USA, Inc. is a member of the T-Mobile
International group, the mobile telecommunications subsidiary of
Deutsche Telekom AG (NYSE: DT). T-Mobile operates a national all digital
voice and data network based on a single GSM/GPRS 1900 technology
standard. In addition, T-Mobile operates the largest carrier owned Wi-Fi
(802.11b) wireless broadband (WLAN) network in the country, available in
more than 2,400 public access locations including Starbucks
coffeehouses, Borders Books and Music, airports and American Airlines
Admirals Clubs. T-Mobile is committed to providing the best value in
wireless service through its GET MORE(R) promise to provide customers
with more minutes, more features and more service than any other
wireless provider. For more information, visit the company web site at
www.t-mobile.com. SOURCE T-Mobile, USA, Inc.

http://boston.com/dailynews/167/economy/_Thomas_J_Sugrue_Joins_T_MobilP.shtml

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/