Subject: [NEXTEL-1] From Nascar To National Thoroughbred Racing Association-Nextel Newest Sponsor of Breeders' Cup Distaff

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 17:26:17 -0400

Nextel Newest Sponsor of Breeders' Cup Distaff
Date Posted: 6/23/03 12:01:39 PM
Last Updated: 6/23/03 12:18:41 PM

Edited from NTRA, Breeders' Cup reports
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association,
Breeders' Cup Limited and Nextel announced
Monday that Nextel has joined the NTRA as a
group purchasing partner and will become the
title and divisional sponsor of the Nextel
Breeders' Cup Distaff, part of the $14 million
Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred
Championships, beginning in 2004.

 The announcement was made at the "21" Club in New York City.
As the "Official Wireless Telecommunications Company" of the NTRA and the
Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships and a partner of NTRA Purchasing,,
Nextel will offer savings on Nextel products and services to NTRA supporters and
members of American Quarter Horse Association.

Under the multi-year, multi-tier marketing agreement, Nextel will receive
promotional and hospitality benefits, as well as print media and commercial
advertising during horseracing programming on NBC, CNBC, CBS and the ESPN
networks.

"Nextel's commitment to horseracing as a group purchasing partner indicates the
growing value that our 500,000-member industry has in the sports sponsorship
marketplace," said NTRA senior vice president of sponsorship, Chip Campbell. "We
are pleased to be associated with the Nextel brand and its reputation for instant
connectivity, which is vital in the fast-paced environment of Thoroughbred
racing."

"The NTRA and its member organizations are extremely mobile business units, and we
look forward to the opportunity to demonstrate Nextel's wide array of products and
services to this yet untapped business area," said Michael Robichaud, director of
sports and entertainment marketing, Nextel. "Very few sports offer the type of
access that the NTRA provides to both its industry members and consumers, and we
are excited to have the opportunity to partner with a sport so rich in history and
tradition."

http://news.bloodhorse.com/viewstory.asp?id=16585

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: sparkie_rf <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 21:36:23 -0000

>  The announcement was made at the "21" Club in New York City.

In my best Harry Carry voice, "Holy COOOOOW!"

Have the marketers gone mad!!! Nextel seems to be throwing cash 
around like there's no tomorrow.

The scam-plan MUST be in the bag.