Subject: [mobile-ip] LANOMS'03 - Nine days to the Deadline (JUNE 6TH) - No more extendable (fwd)

From: Carlos Becker Westphall <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 15:40:40 -0400 (WST)

LANOMS'03 - Nine days to the Deadline (JUNE 6TH) - No more extendable

                                                       ###    ####
    #         ##    #    #   ####   #    #   ####     #   #       #
    #        #  #   ##   #  #    #  ##  ##  #        #     #      #
    #       #    #  # #  #  #    #  # ## #   ####    #     #   ###
    #       ######  #  # #  #    #  #    #       #   #     #      #
    #       #    #  #   ##  #    #  #    #  #    #    #   #       #
    ######  #    #  #    #   ####   #    #   ####      ###    ####

			     LANOMS 2003
			     -----------

    3rd Latin American Network Operations and Management Symposium
			Iguassu Falls, Brazil
			 September 4-6, 2003
	      IEEE ComSoc CNOM Technically Co-sponsored
	   http://www.inf.ufpr.br/lanoms [email-masked]
			   
			   Call for Papers
			   ---------------
The Third Latin American Network Operations and Management Symposium -
LANOMS, to be  held in Iguassu Falls  (Foz do IguaC'u),  Brazil, is the
result of the great success of both LANOMS'1999 which  was held in Rio
de Janeiro  and LANOMS'2001 which was  held in Belo Horizonte, as well
as the other  events in the  area of network  management known as NOMS
and APNOMS.  NOMS (Network   Operations and Management Symposium)  was
originally created 13 years ago, and  nowadays constitutes a worldwide
event  for the  researches  in the  area  of network  management.  The
Asia/Pacific  community  promoted   the APNOMS (Asia-Pacific   Network
Operations and Management Symposium),  which is an event more oriented
to the research and development community  in that region.  Continuing
the success of the second LANOMS, we will promote the third edition of
LANOMS  (http://www.inf.ufpr.br/lanoms)  on  September   4-6  2003,
in Iguassu Falls, ParanC!, Brazil.

The  symposium is  a promotion  of   the Federal University  of ParanC!
(UFPR), Brazil,    technically  co-sponsored  by   IEEE Communications
Society,  and supported  by  IEEE   Technical  Committee on    Network
Operations and Management (CNOM).
The main goal of the LANOMS is to create a forum  more specific to the
necessities   of Latin  America  in  the area   of network  management
involving    networking and    telecommunication  companies,  academic
institutions  and   equipment vendors.  LANOMS  is   an  event open to
participants from all  over the world who are  interest in  having, or
already have, research or commercial  liaisons in Latin America -  one
of the fastest growing regions in the  world in networking. This year,
we  intend to  increase  the submissions  from North America,  Europe,
Africa and Asia.

Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Integrating Intrusion Detection and Network Management
- Intrusion Policy Management
- Web Services Security
- Business and Service Management
- Management Platforms, Interoperability, Standards and Protocols
- Management  of Networks and  Services:  VPNs, Optical Networks, CATV
Networks,  Mobile/Wireless and     Ad-Hoc Networks,   Voice over   IP,
Transaction-Oriented  Services,   Electronic   Commerce, Active    and
Programmable Networks, Sensor Networks
- Management Technologies and Frameworks (Web, XML, CORBA, DEN, etc)
- Management Aspects of Service Pricing, Accounting and Billing
- Management of Service Level Agreements and Quality of Service
- Bandwidth Brokerage
- Data Warehousing and Data Mining in Management
- Programmable, Mobile and Intelligent Agents in Management
- Network and Systems Monitoring 
- Fault and Performance Management
- Security Management
- Configuration Management and Policy-Driven Management
- Information Modeling
- Traffic and Performance Management
- Open-Source Management Software
- Management  of Grid Computing,  Clusters, Peer-to-Peer Applications,
and Ubiquitous Computing Environments
- Operations Support Systems 
- Business Processes for Network and Service Management 
- Peer-to-peer Network Technologies for Management 
- Management of Distributed Systems
- Case Studies and Experiences in Management
Authors are invited to submit  unpublished papers, which are not under
review   for  publication elsewhere. Papers  are   to  be submitted in
English.   Submissions   should be  complete, full-length   papers and
should not   exceed  12 pages.   Electronic  submission  of papers  is
mandatory.  Full instructions  for the electronic submissions will  be
available soon on   the LANOMS  Web page.   Authors   are requested to
submit papers  in PDF (preferred) or  PostScript  format via web.  The
manuscript should include an abstract and three key-words.  The format
is size A4 (preferred) or Letter, single column, font size 12.
All papers will be carefully reviewed  by at least three international
experts  and returned to  the author(s) with  comments  to ensure high
quality.

Important Dates:
----------------
        Deadline for receipt of papers:       June  06, 2003
        Notification of acceptance:           June  30, 2003
        Final camera ready paper due:         July  15, 2003

LANOMS 2003 Committee
---------------------
General Chair:
  Elias ProcC3pio Duarte Jr., Brazil          [email-masked]
TPC Chair:
  Edmundo Roberto Mauro Madeira, Brazil    [email-masked]
Tutorial Chair:
  JosC) Marcos Silva Nogueira, Brazil       [email-masked]
Publicity Chair:
  Carlos Becker Westphall, Brazil          [email-masked]

International Liaisons:
  Asia: Masayoshi Ejiri                    [email-masked]
  Australia: Abbas Jamalipour              [email-masked]
  Europe: Rolf Stadler                     [email-masked]
  North America: Mehmet Ulema              [email-masked]
  Africa: Abderrahim Sekkaki               [email-masked]
  Peru: Carlos Silva                       [email-masked]
  Colombia: Aldo Forero                    [email-masked]
  Colombia: Omar Rodriguez Ramirez         [email-masked]
  Chile: Ivan Ramirez Ayala                [email-masked]
  Costa Rica: Francisco Murrillo           [email-masked]

Technical Program Committee:
 Abdelmalek Benzekri - UniversitC) Paul Sabatier, France
 Ahmed Karmouch - Univ. of Ottawa, Canada
 Antonio Alfredo F. Loureiro - Federal Univ. of Minas Gerais, Brazil
 Bruno R. Schulze - LNCC, Brazil
 Carlos Becker Westphall - Federal Univ. of Santa Catarina, Brazil
 Carlos de Castro Goulart - Federal Univ. of ViC'osa, Brazil
 Elias P. Duarte Jr. (General Chair) - Federal Univ. of ParanC!, Brazil
 Edmundo Monteiro - Univ. of Coimbra, Portugal
 Edmundo R. M. Madeira (TPC Chair) - State Univ. of Campinas, Brazil
 Edward L. Pinnes - Telcordia, USA
 Elizabeth Specialski - Federal Univ. of Santa Catarina, Brazil
 Fernando Boavida - Univ. of Coimbra, Portugal
 GermC!n Goldszmidt - IBM, USA
 Iara Machado - RNP, Brazil
 James Won-Ki Hong - Postech, Korea
 Javier Diaz - Univ. of La Plata, Argentina
 JosC) Marcos Silva Nogueira - Federal Univ. of Minas Gerais, Brazil
 JosC) Neuman de Souza - Federal Univ. of CearC!, Brazil
 Liane Tarouco - Federal Univ. of Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
 Lisandro Z. Granville - Federal Univ. of Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
 Luciano P. Gaspary - Univ. of Vale do Rio dos Sinos, Brazil
 Lundy Lewis - Aprisma Management Technologies, USA
 Masayoshi Ejiri - Fujitsu, Japan
 Mehmet Ulema, Manhattan College, USA
 Nazim Agoulmine - Univ. of Evry - France
 Nelson L.S. Fonseca - State Univ. of Campinas, Brazil
 Otto C.M.B. Duarte - Federal Univ. of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
 Raouf Boutaba - Univ. of Waterloo, Canada
 Thomas Magedanz - IKV++ Technologies AG, TU Berlin, Germany