Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Wireless Subscriptions Integral Part Of Competition

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 13:58:13 -0400

Wireless Subscriptions Integral Part Of Competition
BY WIRELESS WEEK STAFF
JUNE 13, 2003

A new report issued by the FCC shows wireless is a particularly vital part of the
growing competitive telecommunications market in the United States.

The report, a summary of the commission's latest data on local telephone service
competition, shows 136 million 'mobile wireless telephone service subscriptions'
were registered between Dec. 31, 2002 and March 1, 2003.

The report summarizes all modes of local service competition using data supplied
by carriers and is compiled by the commission twice a year to monitor the growth
of local telephone competition.
The study showed customers also used 163 million incumbent carrier switched access
lines and 25 million competitive local exchange carrier lines to get local
service.

http://www.wirelessweek.com/index.asp?layout=newsat2direct&starting=3&pubdate=06/13/03

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/