Subject: [mobile-ip] Announcement of a new Considerations of FMIPv6 in 802 .11 networks draft

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 11:14:44 +0900

Dear mobileip WG members.. 

 We have submitted a new individual draft that describes 
the applicability of FMIPv6 in 802.11 networks.

 In this draft, when FMIPv6 is applied to 802.11 networks, its 
applicability is dealt with. With considering the deployment of 
802.11 networks, some L2 triggers might not be always applicable to 
FMIPv6 handover. L2-ST and L2-TT might not be applicable, since L2 
handover in 802.11 networks must be initiated by the MN. L2-MT can be 
selectively applicable under the particular conditions. On the other 
hand, L2-LU and L2-LD might be applicable to FMIPv6 in 802.11 
networks. These are meaningful since they eliminate the L3 movement 
detection time.

 The draft is available at: 

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hong-mobileip-applicability-00.txt
  
 We are looking forward to you feedback. 

 Thanks.. 

 Yong-Geun..