Subject: [NEXTEL-1] WLAN Benefits Calculator- ROI

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 15:03:51 -0400

WLAN Benefits Calculator- ROI

For a company that is considering enabling some portion of their employees with
wireless LAN, the WLAN Benefits Calculator is a tool that addresses the question:
What will be my return on investment if I make an investment in WLAN technology?
The tool is built using Microsoft Excel and calculates ROI based on the
productivity gains associated with increased access to the corporate network.

The spreadsheet is designed for flexibility and allows for simple changes to the
parameters that describe the customer's environment and immediate results that
show the consequences of those parameter changes. For gains associated with
increased access to the corporate network, one needs to characterize the customer
in terms of number of employees, percentage being considered for wireless, their
average burdened salaries, percent of time spent in meetings, percent of time
spent traveling with access to public WLAN, costs associated with installing WLAN,
etc. Results are then presented in terms of dollars savings, or payback in months,
relative to the upfront costs for installation and hardware and the recurring
costs for IT support for the WLAN.

The spreadsheet is implemented using MS Excel macros. When it is first launched,
the user should indicate "Enable Macros". After launching, all fields can either
be completed with two hypothetical cases: Wi-Fi Alliance data or Gartner
projections. Both cases are illustrative and can help the user to quickly gain an
understanding of how to use the tool.
All sections of the WLAN Benefits Calculator are supported with descriptive text
to make the use of the tool straightforward. The organization of the spreadsheet
provides worksheets including a Welcome & Instructions worksheet, a Help worksheet
and a WLAN Productivity worksheet that provide an "at-a-glance" view of the
predicted results for deploying wireless LAN.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/