Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Motorola Announces Winners of CodeMeMoto Developer Contest at JavaOne

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 17:26:18 -0400

Motorola Announces Winners of CodeMeMoto Developer Contest at JavaOne

Top Prizes Go to Televigation and Nick Capone of Animoble

SAN FRANCISCO, June 16 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ --
Motorola, Inc. (NYSE: MOT) recently announced the winners of its CodeMeMoto
developer contest at a reception during the 2003 JavaOne Developer Conference
in San Francisco.  Prizes were awarded in two categories: games/entertainment
and business/productivity.  In each of the two categories the first place
winners received $20,000; the second place winners received $10,000, and the
third place winners received $5,000.  The contest was sponsored by the
Motorola MotoCoder(SM) and iDEN(R) developer programs.

Nick Capone of Animobile walked away with the first prize in the games and
entertainment category for his game, Fatal Error.  This is an action game in
which players try to save the planet from "war machines" originally designed
to protect the earth, which have now malfunctioned and seek to enslave
mankind.

Televigation won the first prize in the business and productivity category
for TeleNavTrack, a GPS-enabled tracking service that includes an electronic
timecard so field workers can enter their work hours electronically, job
dispatching so new job orders can be sent directly to field workers' mobile
phones, and a turn-by-turn navigation feature.

"These winning applications demonstrate the wide range of services that
can be developed for Motorola's Java(TM) technology-enabled phones," said
Peter Aloumanis, vice president and general manager, U.S. Markets Division,
Motorola's iDEN(R) Subscriber Group.

The second place winner in the games and entertainment category was Viva
La Mobile for Privateers, a game that puts players at the command of a ship in
the pirate-infested waters of the 17th century Caribbean, in which players
must fight their way from port to port to build up their fortunes.
The second place winner in the business and productivity category was
Airsoft Wireless for Air IM, a highly scalable set of instant messaging (IM)
products designed to allow wireless access to major public and private IM
services.

The third place winner in the games and entertainment category was Karma
Studios for Boardercross, an isometric-perspective downhill snowboarding game.
The players have to avoid obstacles on the course, scoring extra points for
stunt jumps along the way.

The third place winner in the business and productivity category was
Michael Powers for Piranha Pricecheck, an application that lets users search
and browse the entire Amazon.com catalog.  Users receive product listings, up-
to-the-minute pricing and full color images of products.
For more information about Motorola's developer programs, please visit
http://www.motorola.com/developers .

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/