Subject: [NEXTEL-1] MapInfo Working with Ekahau to Deliver End-to-End Wi-Fi Solution

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2003 03:07:22 -0400

MapInfo Working with Ekahau to Deliver End-to-End Wi-Fi Solution

Saratoga, CA, June 3rd 2003 - Ekahau has announced joint
marketing and development agreement with MapInfo Corporation
(Nasdaq: MAPS), to deliver a complete, end-to-end Wi-Fi location
management solution. MapInfo offers the ability to accurately map
and visualize WLAN networks that are near a given customer, near
existing serving facilities or for planned build-out of Wireless LANs
tied to existing enterprise networks. Through a combination of
accurate street level data, wireless infrastructure data and spatial
architecture MapInfo provides the foundation in which WLAN
network providers can understand "where" their networks are,
"what" is tied to their networks, and provides them the "how" to
better plan and manage their networks.

MapInfo and Ekahau, together with Bridgewater Systems, out of
Ontario, Canada, will demonstrate their combined Wi-Fi solutions
and plans at MapInfo's booth (#20747) at SUPERCOMM, June 1-5,
at the Georgia World Conference Center. Through this partnership,
MapInfo plans to offer a full range of custom solutions and
supporting architecture to enhance the planning, engineering,
operations and customer care of Wi-Fi Hot Spots (the public
location where users can remotely connect to the Internet through
a Wi-Fi network) and Enterprise Wireless LANs (WLAN).

"Wi-Fi presents a significant market opportunity for MapInfo. As with
any network, Wi-Fi networks require site selection, network
expansion, maintenance and customer care," said Lonnie Floyd,
strategic industry director, communications, at MapInfo. "We are
excited to be working with Ekahau and Bridgewater Systems, as our
solutions will allow service providers to visualize their networks, or
the networks they're managing for their customer, select optimal
sites for access points, maximize revenues through smart network
planning, and reduce customer churn by ensuring customer
satisfaction."

There are numerous instances where a network provider of managed
enterprise services could use these solutions to manage their
network. For example, a service provider for a large enterprise could
use these Wi-Fi solutions to determine how to configure access
points and dynamically manage them on an ongoing basis. Visualizing
the wireless LAN on a map, the operator or manager could easily
determine how many access points would be necessary to cover a
specific floor or area.

"Ekahau has one of the first location-based site survey tools, having
the capability to deliver visual detail and data about the network
performance and RF properties within the WLAN site location. The
Ekahau Site Survey(tm) software combined with MapInfo's
technology offers customers a unique tool to remotely analyze and
manage the Wi-Fi network at the site level," said Lare Lekman, CTO,
Ekahau Inc.

http://www.wirelessdevnet.com/news/2003/154/news3.html

-- 
  		"NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
		Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

		"NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

		"WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
 	   The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/