Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Senate confirms Hewitt Pate to be assistant attorney general for antitrust

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 13:00:05 -0400

Senate confirms Hewitt Pate to be assistant attorney general for antitrust
June 13 13:32:00, 2003

WASHINGTON-The Senate confirmed Hewitt Pate on Friday to be the assistant attorney
general for antitrust by a vote of 71-0.

Pate was formerly the deputy assistant for antitrust before being promoted when
Charles James left the Department of Justice. Prior to that he was in private
practice.

The Bush Justice Department antitrust division has pulled back from some of the
more incendiary antitrust enforcement prevalent in the Clinton administration.

http://rcrnews.com/cgi-bin/news.pl?newsId=13896

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 13:06:31 -0400

> Senate confirms Hewitt Pate to be assistant attorney general for antitrust

I hope he takes a look at some of these Telecom deals that SCREAMS antitrust but
is just overlooked by the current administration.

> practice.

Prior to joining DOJ he was Nextel's mouth piece.