Subject: [NEXTEL-1] CTIA’s Wireless Internet Caucus to hold CIO Symposium on Mobile High-Speed Data

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 12:58:36 -0400

CTIA’s Wireless Internet Caucus to hold CIO Symposium on Mobile High-Speed Data

WASHINGTON, D.C. – In an effort to foster education and understanding of the
potential wireless data integration holds for
the enterprise market, CTIA’s Wireless Internet Caucus Leadership Council will
hold a CIO Symposium on Mobile High-Speed Data on July 10 in Washington D.C.

Featuring an interactive program, demonstrations and networking opportunities, the
CIO Symposium on Mobile High-Speed
Data is designed to provide IT executives with an opportunity to interact directly
with senior executives from the companies
building the wireless Internet today.

“CTIA member companies—from Microsoft to Verizon Wireless, Cisco to AT&T Wireless
Services—are making significant
investments in the development and deployment of wireless data networks, products
and services. These companies believe
deeply in the value wireless data systems offer to enterprise and government
customers,” said Mark Desautels, Vice President
of Wireless Internet Development at CTIA. “By assembling the top executives of the
wireless data industry in an interactive
format, this Symposium will help CIOs and IT professionals successfully meet the
challenges inherent in wirelessly enabling their
enterprises, agencies and departments.”

The goal is to ensure that attendees receive answers to their questions about
mobile data products and services, and that they
be provided with an unprecedented opportunity to affect the future development of
mobile data products and services as well.
Wireless carriers such as AT&T Wireless Services, Nextel, Sprint PCS and Verizon
Wireless will team with leading I.T. firms
like Cisco, IBM, Intel, Microsoft and Sun Microsystems to address issues such as
security, implementation and integration,
total cost of ownership and ROI, and customer awareness. In addition,
representatives from companies such as Nokia, Qualcomm, Research In Motion and
Sierra Wireless, among others, will showcase the latest in wireless devices.

The CIO Symposium on Mobile High-Speed data will also feature case studies of
actual deployments by CTIA’s CIO
Advisory Board members Bruce Jackson of Pfizer Pharmaceuticals, and Peter
Himmelberger of Computer Services Corp., as
well as keynote remarks by Bob Egan, President & Founder of Mobile Competency.

Registration is free to pre-qualified I.T. professionals. To learn more about this
event, to view the agenda, or to register, please
visit http://www.cio-symposium.com.

CTIA is the international association for the wireless telecommunications
industry, representing carriers, manufacturers and
wireless Internet providers. http://www.wow-com.com

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/