Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Device Antennas Get Carriers' Attention

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 12:31:36 -0400

Wireless In Brief

Device Antennas Get Carriers' Attention

Chip developer Magnolia Broadband offers dollars-and-cents reasons why wireless
service providers should push their handset supplier to integrate the latest
development in mobile device antennas, diversity transmit technology. Magnolia
(Clinton, N.J.) tells Communications Today sister publication Wireless Data News
that wireless carriers' costs for upgrading their network antennas would equal $17
per subscriber, but the costs would be $2 to $3 per subscriber if they have their
handset suppliers integrate Magnolia's DiversityPlus chip technology in device
antennas, the company says.

Improving the performance of device antennas produces results similar to improving
network antennas. It improves the spectral efficiency of a mobile network, so
service providers are able to handle more voice calls. They also can offer data
features more efficiently without increasing spectrum capacity.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/