Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Case study: ComOpt helps MTN show real cell planning savings

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 23:33:47 -0400

Case study: ComOpt helps MTN show real cell planning savings

by Dean Farmer

Operators in the South African wireless telephony market, like most around the
world, are quickly becoming subject to cost and return-on-investment constraints.
As usage expands, with prepayment and mobile payphones as well as more traditional
individual subscriber customer sets adding to the user equation, so rolling out
more capacity to meet increasing demands becomes a real issue for operators.
Similarly, competition from traditional operators, and from the possibilities
offered by new departures such as LEObased operators (Iridium and Globalstar to
name the most obvious) and VSAT-based systems, will, in time, place more pressure
on coverage, cost control and grade of service issues for existing operators.

http://www.comopt.com/Uploads/Whitepaper/Case%20Study%20ComOpt%20helps%20MTN.pdf

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/