Subject: [NEXTEL-1] COMARCO Wireless Test Solutions Launches Seven.Five for UMTS

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 09:49:29 -0400

COMARCO Wireless Test Solutions Launches Seven.Five for UMTS
-- The Industry's First Comprehensive 3G Drive-Test System
Source: Business Wire
Publication date: 2003-06-24

IRVINE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--June 24, 2003--Seven.Five(TM) for
UMTS, from COMARCO (Nasdaq:CMRO) Wireless Test Solutions, marks
an industry milestone for operators deploying 3G service. Seven.Five for
UMTS (Universal Mobile Telephone System) provides the world's first
drive-test tool that combines an integrated tri-band RF scanning receiver
with complete voice, data and video Quality of Service (QoS) tests.

These fully-integrated features make Seven.Five for UMTS the only
drive-test tool that can measure QoS from the perspective of the wireless
subscriber while providing the root cause for any QoS problems. Launched
by COMARCO, Inc. through its Wireless Test Solutions (WTS) group, in
partnership with SwissQual AG of Zuchwil, Switzerland, Seven.Five for
UMTS will be used by infrastructure providers and cellular carriers
worldwide, speeding network deployment and optimization, as well as
benchmarking of the UMTS wireless infrastructure.

The ongoing trials and commercial launches of UMTS networks in Europe
are the culmination of billions of dollars in spending in anticipation of
ever-growing demand for data services in a mobile phone environment. It is
believed that the high speed data capability of UMTS (up to 2 megabits per
second) will drive innovation for the "killer applications" which will, in turn,
bring an ever increasing number of subscribers willing to pay more money
for service. Current applications for UMTS include traditional voice, full
capability Internet access, MMS and streaming video.

"Our exclusive voice-quality algorithms and the industry's only
video-quality algorithm combined with our class-leading RF scanning
receiver provide a very accurate measure of network QoS integrated with a
wealth of engineering data," says Greg Maton, senior vice president of
COMARCO. "With our powerful post-processing software, customers will
be equipped to rapidly analyze problems that occur in their UMTS
networks, and find solutions to those problems."

Seven.Five for UMTS

Seven.Five for UMTS is a member of the Seven.Five test family. The test
family is a mobile test platform that is adaptable to virtually any test
application. It provides wireless infrastructure analysis, benchmarking and
optimization for 2G, 2.5G and 3G network deployments.

The Seven.Five family consists of the following five members:

-- Seven.Five for UMTS Solo: Ideally suited for network

deployment activities, Solo is the only single Calling Module

product available with a family of audio and data QoS

algorithms. It's the perfect entry-level product, capable of

seamless migration to the Seven.Five Duo.

-- Seven.Five for UMTS Duo: As networks mature, the power of a

Calling Module plus a scanner is necessary to quickly and

efficiently optimize them. Duo supports up to two Calling

Modules, which can have mixed technologies, and one

Multi-Band, Multi-Technology RF Scanner. A Portability Kit is

available for in-building needs.

-- Seven.Five for UMTS Multi: Designed for ultimate flexibility

and scalability, Seven.Five for UMTS Multi can house up to any

combination of six Calling Modules or Scanners in each

chassis. Multiple chassis can be combined to allow for up to

96 Calling Modules. The customer can mix and match

technologies for benchmarking applications or configure a

system with similar technologies for optimization activities.

Multi does it all, and is also available with a Portability

Kit for in-building and pedestrian testing needs.

-- Seven.Five for UMTS Multi-Band, Multi-Technology RF Scanner:

The most advanced and accurate scanner for field-test

applications. Capable of lightning-fast scans (over 3000

channels per second) in multiple frequency bands, with

multiple technologies, doing DVCC, BSIC and PN decoding

simultaneously. The scanner offers spectrum analyzer-type

measurements and full baseband decoding for UMTS, GSM

850/900/1800/1900, EDGE, IS-136, CDMA2000 and WCDMA.

-- Seven.Five for UMTS Data Extractor (DX): A very complete and

easy-to-use software application that allows operators to

produce comprehensive benchmarking reports, as well as perform

desktop network optimization using all of the data collected

by the Seven.Five hardware. The Data Interface includes a

variety of features for data administration, filtering

capability, analysis, statistics, integrated mapping and

generation of reports, as well as an interface (ODBC) for

third-party software.

Pricing for Seven.Five for UMTS starts at around $15,000. Availability is
six to eight weeks from receipt of order.

About COMARCO Wireless Test Solutions

The Wireless Test Solutions (WTS) group of COMARCO, Inc.
(Nasdaq:CMRO), in partnership with SwissQual AG of Zuchwil,
Switzerland, designs and manufactures products used by cellular
operators and carriers to test and optimize their wireless infrastructure.
The flagship product is Seven.Five - The Multigeneration Wireless Test
Family. Seven.Five supports 2G, 2.5G and 3G baseband standards,
allowing both data and voice optimization and benchmarking. COMARCO
Wireless Test Solutions sells direct all over the world, with sales and
support offices in North America, Latin America, Singapore and
Switzerland. COMARCO also designs and manufactures wireless
emergency communications systems and the ChargeSource(TM) family of
mobile power products for laptop computers, cellular telephones and other
handheld devices. The Company's Web sites can be found at
www.comarco.com and www.chargesource.com.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/