Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Fw: PTT

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 15:59:12 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: Cathy Sutter
Sent: Friday, June 20, 2003 12:37 PMSubject: PTT
 Most of us who participate on the various forums associate PTT with
dispatch radios as a  "whole"  not one particular service or
manufacturer.   Technically speaking we always associated the use of the
phrase/acronym to the microphone or handheld.  Unless you live in the
"Land Mobile World "  like many of us .... the vast number of cellular
users throughout the US has no idea what PTT means. Unfortunately,
Nextel wants to change that.   One can only imagine the radio and TV
marketing impact this could have on the public by associating PTT to
Nextel. I'm  surprised some of the major  radio manufacturers haven't
jumped in with their 2 cents on this sensitive issue. Cathy

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: "sparkie_rf" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 21:33:25 -0000

--- In [email-masked], Marcel <Marcelrf@B...> wrote:
>  Most of us who participate on the various forums associate PTT 
> I'm  surprised some of the major  radio manufacturers haven't

Ahem.

Where's Motorola??? Where's Kenwood??? Where is everybody?

Everytime I've stepped into the LEFT SEAT, and pulled on my Dave 
Clark headset, I've used PTT to talk to the airport tower.

This little stunt is a travesty. 

A pandora's box of industry infighting, must of been dreamed up by 
LAWYERS. If Osama wants to help us out, target the worthless 
bastards over at the USPTO. What do you call 500 lawyers at the 
bottom of the sea? A slow start!!!

PS. Marcel, is this how business gets done???