Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Big Cell Complaints

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2003 01:52:43 -0400

Big Cell Complaints

June 9, 2003 - These days, it seems as if just about everyone who has
a cell phone is complaining about the service. A recently published
Consumer Reports survey of customers in six big cities shows
complaints run the gamut from busy circuits to billing problems galore.

Jenifer Esteves says she couldn't live without her cell phone. But that
doesn't mean she's happy with her cell phone service.

"I get dropped phone calls, dropped lines, I don't get reception in my
house, where I work," said Jenifer Estevez.

David Heim says a survey last fall of more than 20,000 online
subscribers to Consumer Reports shows Jenifer is not alone.

"Our survey showed that one person in five was dissatisfied with their
cell phone service. Now that's a higher rate of dissatisfaction than we
see for many other businesses and services that we rate," said David
Heim.

The cell phone survey showed all the major wireless companies had
significant problems. Some examples: Cingular customers were more
likely to complain of overloaded circuits. T-Mobile customers had more
trouble connecting in some cities. And Sprint PCS customers had more
problems with dropped calls.

Customer service and billing were also problems. Cingular, Nextel and
Sprint were not as responsive as other companies to questions and
complaints. And Nextel also had more billing problems.

Thirty-three percent of the Consumer Reports subscribers surveyed said
they were seriously considering switching carriers. But that's easier said
than done.

"Well, you can face high early-termination fees, for one thing. And, right
now, you can't take your phone number with you if you switch carriers.
That can be a big deterrent for a lot of people," said David Heim.

Jenifer says it's the only reason she hasn't switched to a new cell phone
company.

Consumer Reports says the Federal Communications Commission has
announced that starting in November, wireless companies are going to
have to let you keep your number when you switch carriers. But at least
one company is opposing the new regulation, so it's unclear if this new
regulation will be delayed.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/news/consumerreports/060403_cr_cellcomplaints.html

Last Updated: Jun 5, 2003

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2003 00:00:51 -0700

>complaints. And Nextel also had more billing problems.

That's rich. Nexthell is the KING!

>they were seriously considering switching carriers. But that's easier said

Try and get away from the avaricious bastards. All is never as it seems.

>That can be a big deterrent for a lot of people," said David Heim.

Those termination fees seem to never end.... but trust me, eventually your 
RIGHTEOUS INDIGNATION will overcome the: "it's our policy, I just work here."

>Jenifer says it's the only reason she hasn't switched to a new cell phone

So what are you, Jenifer, an innocent consumer? Keep on using cell 
phones... you won't stay innocent for long.

Bill

><http://abclocal.go.com/wls/news/consumerreports/060403_cr_cellcomplaints.html>http://abclocal.go.com/wls/news/consumerreports/060403_cr_cellcomplaints.html

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2003 03:09:22 -0400

I predict once the lawsuits for erroneous ad-ons against Nexthell and others are
settled in favor of "Joe customer" we will see some serious "Billing Reform". One
carrier is already working on an advertising campaign based on this idea.

Can You Hear Me Now?

-- 
  		"NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
		Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

		"NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

		"WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
 	   The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG