Subject: [NEXTEL-1] RACO Wireless Launches Location Based Services on Cell Phones

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 13:02:04 -0400

RACO Wireless Launches Location Based Services on Cell Phones

June 11, 2003 9:01am

CINCINNATI--(BUSINESS WIRE)--June 11, 2003--RACO Wireless announced the launch of
their new product, OpenMotion LS™, which enables anyone to locate ATMs,
restaurants, gas stations, banks, entertainment and other information from a cell
phone.
		
"We've found a way to put the power of the Yellow Pages into your cell phone so
you can have 'Info On the Move'," said Rob Adams, CEO of RACO Wireless. "Not only
can OpenMotion LS™ provide the name, address and phone number of the closest
business or service, it can also give directions!" OpenMotion LS™ performs this
magic automatically with the new GPS phones from Nextel or by using one of your
stored locations on any phone with a WAP browser. Best of all, it's free. All you
need is a cell phone with a wireless data plan and a WAP browser.

When you search for a service or business, the phone knows your current position
from the GPS and finds matching businesses in the distance you specified in your
preferences. GPS, or Global Positioning System, uses a constellation of satellites
transmitting information to the earth. By receiving signals from GPS satellites,
the GPS receiver in the phone can calculate its position. This position is sent to
the OpenMotion LS™ server along with the request for information, so only
businesses close to your current location are displayed. OpenMotion LS™ is best
utilized with the new GPS phones from Nextel.

"Why scroll through a list of every ATM in the city when you want to find the one
closest to you?" according to Adams. "For those without GPS phones, OpenMotion LS™
still works the same way after you enter your starting point or by selecting one
of your saved locations in your OpenMotion LS™ address book."
But OpenMotion LS™ is much more than just mobile Yellow Pages. Enhancements
already underway will allow advertisers to change their listings in real time and
add special offers or coupons to their listings. OpenMotion LS™ will integrate
with Microsoft Outlook® to give you access to your Outlook contact information on
your phone in the very near future. RACO Wireless is partnering with premier data
content providers to ensure that OpenMotion LS™ users will have the most accurate
and useful information available to them.

OpenMotion LS™ is the latest innovative product from RACO Wireless. From GPS
vehicle tracking, GPS navigation systems and now location based services on cell
phones, RACO Wireless is establishing its name as a leader in the rapidly
exploding location based services market. RACO Wireless expects to grow revenues
exponentially with the launch of OpenMotion LS™.

Based in Cincinnati, Ohio, RACO Wireless is a wholly-owned subsidiary of RACO
Industries, Inc., a long time provider of bar coding and data collection systems
to businesses and a four time winner of the prestigious Pinnacle Award. For
further information on OpenMotion LS™, contact Rob Deubell at 800-446-1991 or
e-mail [email-masked].

http://hoovnews.hoovers.com/fp.asp?layout=query_displaynews&q=NEXTEL&so=&dc=&ro=&ed=&sd=&s=11&boldtext=NEXTEL&sym=&doc_id=NR20030611290.2_e64f000c3d41f7ca

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/