Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Marriott Completes Rollout of Wireless High-Speed Internet Access at 400 Hotels

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 19:15:41 -0400

Marriott Completes Rollout of Wireless High-Speed Internet Access at 400 Hotels

Company Leads Industry in Offering High-Speed Internet Access

WASHINGTON, June 30 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Marriott International, Inc.
(NYSE: MAR) announced today that it has completed its initial rollout of
wireless high-speed internet access to 400 hotels in the U.S., Canada, U.K.
and Germany.  It is the largest deployment of wireless high-speed internet
access in the hotel industry, bringing wireless service to guests staying at
select Marriott, Renaissance, Courtyard, Residence Inn, TownePlace Suites,
Fairfield Inn and SpringHill Suites hotels.  Wireless high-speed internet
access is available in hotel lobbies, meeting rooms and public spaces.
Current pricing for wireless is $2.95 for the first 15 minutes and $0.25 for
each additional minute.

"Whether it's wireless access in the public space or a high-speed internet
connection in the guestroom, customers are making decisions about where they
stay based on high-speed internet access availability," says Lou Paladeau,
Marriott's vice president, technology business development.  "In the near
future, if business travel guests can't get high-speed internet access, you
won't get them in the door."

Additional Marriott High-Speed Internet Access Services Include:

"WIRED FOR BUSINESS(R)" -- High-Speed Internet Access Combined With
Unlimited Local and Long Distance Calls for $9.95

*     Marriott expanded "Wired for Business(R)" to more than 180 Marriott
and Renaissance hotels.  "Wired for Business" offers guests in-room
high-speed internet access and unlimited local and long distance
phone calls within the U.S. for $9.95 per day. The service is
designed to meet the needs of guests who want to stay connected to
work and home by offering them a bundle of communications services
for one low price.  "Wired for Business" is available in major
cities including New York, Washington, D.C., Atlanta, San Francisco,
Dallas, Boston and Los Angeles.

IN-ROOM HIGH-SPEED INTERNET ACCESS

*     Marriott leads the hotel industry in offering guests in-room high-
speed internet access, with 800 hotels installed in major cities
including New York, Washington, D.C., Atlanta, San Francisco,
Dallas, Boston and Los Angeles.

MARRIOTT INTERNATIONAL, INC. (NYSE: MAR) is a leading worldwide
hospitality company with nearly 2,600 lodging properties in the United States
and 66 other countries and territories. Marriott International operates and
franchises hotels under the Marriott, JW Marriott, The Ritz-Carlton,
Renaissance, Residence Inn, Courtyard, TownePlace Suites, Fairfield Inn,
SpringHill Suites and Ramada International brand names; develops and operates
vacation ownership resorts under the Marriott Vacation Club International,
Horizons, The Ritz-Carlton Club and Marriott Grand Residence Club brands;
operates Marriott Executive Apartments; provides furnished corporate housing
through its Marriott ExecuStay division; and operates conference centers. The
company is headquartered in Washington, D.C., has approximately 129,000
employees, and was ranked as the lodging industry's most admired company and
one of the best places to work for by FORTUNE(R). For more information or
reservations, please visit the web site at http://www.marriott.com.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/