Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Wireless Design Online Newsletter

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 13:31:06 -0400

================================================================
Wireless Design Online Newsletter - http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com
Thursday, June 12, 2003
================================================================
 
------------------------------------- 
FEATURED ARTICLES
-------------------------------------  
 
1) Richardson Electronics Expands Alliance with HUBER+SUHNER
2) Sun eyes mobile Java app future
3) Trapeze flying its WLAN switch with another $34 million
 
---------------------------------------
 
1) Richardson Electronics Expands Alliance with HUBER+SUHNER
 
At the 2003 International Microwave Symposium (MTT-S) tradeshow in Philadelphia on
Wednesday (June 11), Richardson Electronics announced it has expanded its
distribution agreement with HUBER+SUHNER. As a result, Richardson now represents
the first distributor authorized to sell HUBER+SUHNER products worldwide...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/35801/793725
 
2) Sun eyes mobile Java app future
 
Sun Microsystems has revealed plans to further develop component-based
applications for wireless devices. As the Santa Clara, Calif.-based company
continues to beat its "Java everywhere" drum at JavaOne, executives report that an
internal project known as JavaFirst is examining how to make rich applications
interact with services available on J2EE (Java 2 Enterprise Edition)...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/35802/793725
 
3) Trapeze flying its WLAN switch with another $34 million
 
Wireless LAN switch start up Trapeze Networks said Wednesday (June 11) it has
completed a Series B funding raising $34 million, bringing the total investment in
the company to $50 million. Oak Investment Partners (Palo Alto, Calif.) led the
Series B round with $12 million...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/35802/793725

----------------------
FEATURED DOWNLOAD
----------------------
 
RF Micro Devices has contributed a new brochure for their Dual-Band/Tri-Mode
802.11a/b/g Wireless LAN Solution to the Wireless Design Online download library.
RFMD's RFCS5420 chipset enables cost-effective, low-power, high-performance and
feature-rich client and access point (AP) solutions. The new pdf brochure is
loaded with information, including features, diagrams, specifications,
applications, and more...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/35810/793725

------------------------------------- 
FEATURED PRODUCTS
-------------------------------------
 
1) Custom Coil Design
2) Fastrack M1200 Series
3) PC10 Ultracapacitors
4) Quartz Crystal Filter
5) 2 GHz Vector Modulator
6) UMTS Receive Filter
7) GaAs Driver Amps
8) Inductorless DC-to-DC Converter
 
---------------------------------------
 
1) Custom Coil Design
 
Coil-Q Corp. can custom design any coil. We find solutions for the hard to find,
complex, discontinued, retrofit utilizing industry standard forms, i.e. 5mm, 7mm,
10mm, potcore, toroids, etc. We make the highest quality inductors and
transformers for IF / RF filter applications. Precision, stable mil-standard,
quick turnaround, short lead-time, no minimum quantity...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/35811/793725
 
2) Fastrack M1200 Series
 
The external FASTRACK modem delivers all the power of WISMO technology in one
unit, giving your application instant wireless capabilities. Because the FASTRACK
modem is fully type-approved, it can dramatically speed your time to market...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/35803/793725
 
3) PC10 Ultracapacitors
 
With a capacitance of 10 farads at 2.5 volts, and in a 24 x 31 x 4.5 mm package,
Maxwell's UL recognized PC10 ultracapacitor is ideal for consumer electronics,
automotive subsystems, wireless transmission, medical devices, automatic meter
readers, and many other applications...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/35804/793725
 
4) Quartz Crystal Filter
 
Corning's Crystal Filter is an electric wave filter employing piezo-electric
crystals for its reactive elements. In general, filters can be provided in a
number of differing topologies, including bandpass, band reject or notch, low
pass, and high pass...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/35805/793725
 
5) 2 GHz Vector Modulator
 
Model VM-A11S is a surface-mount vector modulator that accommodates an input power
of 10 W. Operating across 1.8 to 2.2 GHz, it is designed for use in portable
products operating in the PCS band. The vector modulator achieves 360-deg phase
shifting and has a 14-dB minimum attenuation range...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/35806/793725
 
6) UMTS Receive Filter
 
Trilithic's UMTS Receive Filter was designed with state-of-the-art software and is
ideal for UMTS applications. The UMTS Receive Filter out-performs existing
technologies maintaining low insertion loss and stability over 70 degrees of
temperature shift. Downloadable pdf datasheet available...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/35807/793725
 
7) GaAs Driver Amps
 
Two +3 VDC GaAs heterojunction bipolar transistor (HBT) power amplifier (PA)
driver amplifiers have been developed for cellular and PCS handset designs. The
RF2324 is a CDMA/TDMA PA driver amp targeted at the transmit section of PCS
systems operating in the 1880 MHz range...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/35808/793725
 
8) Inductorless DC-to-DC Converter
 
The NCP7662 inductorless DC-to-DC converter offers performance advantages over the
previously available industry standard 7660. The NCP7662 provides several supply
voltage conversion functions and can be used to either double or invert the output
voltage...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/35809/793725

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/