Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Re: So what's up with these "hybrid" combiners?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 05:16:45 -0400

I have been pounding the table for years on this issue. Other iDEN provider do
employ filters on the TX side. But not Nextel, we don't need them! BS!
LCC told Nextel this 1000 times. Even when Eng. was back on Credit Farm Road these
guys knew but all they cared about was how many sites they could get up before the
end of the year. They even turned up sites with Mag mount antennas.

Remember- "How Business Gets Done-"
					-DIRTY!

All of my recommendations are now coming to light. I'm having fun calling the
people in Reston and saying "I TOLD YOU SO!".

-------- Original Message --------
From: Jack Daniel <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: So what's up with these "hybrid" combiners?

Hi Bill,

What filters? Visualize a hybrid only tree with 3 to 6 inputs and a low
pass filter. Bandpass filters ???? ha ha.

They want frequency agility but won't buy autotune or software tuned
combiners.

They say transmit filters won't 'solve the problem', but it seems
they say that about every proposed technical solution except rebanding.

Hmmmm..... come to think about, I think they also said rebanding
wouldn't solve all the problems either. 

I guess solving a lot of the problems with good filters and site design
isn't as good as solving some of the problems by rebanding.

But I may be wrong......
Jack Daniel
======================================================

Bill wrote:
> 
> oops, sorry if I shot a blank just now.
> 
> This has probably been answered on the forum and I've missed it, but I
> keep seeing references to "hybrid combiners" with no other description
> of the combiners: eg. "Nextel employs hybrid combiners that
> necessarily create greater OOBE."  "Hybrid combiners" are just one way
> of doing it, in my experience.
> 
> Are these combiners of a "hybrid coupled" design that inherently
> create out of band emissions, ie. IMD, intermod with collocated
> channes, stuff like that..... or are they combiners that do not have
> adequate output filtering to protect recievers from TX noise... or
> what?
> 
> I'm guessing they just went cheap and there areen't enough bandpass or
> pass reject filters on the combiners to meet accepted communication
> site standard norms.
> 
> Bill
>

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/