Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Verizon Wireless may launch PTT in July

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2003 14:32:58 -0400

Verizon Wireless may launch PTT in July
By Dan Meyer
June 04 13:34:00, 2003

The next phase in the push-to-talk wars is expected to begin in less than a month
as industry sources claim Verizon
Wireless will launch its PTT offering in most major markets during the first week
of July.

While the carrier has provided few public details of the service beyond a launch
date sometime this year, sources claim
several people inside Verizon Wireless have acknowledged the impending launch.

If Verizon Wireless does launch its PTT offering early next month, it would
coincide with the rollout of Nextel
Communications Inc.’s nationwide Direct Connect launch, which the carrier
initiated earlier this month and plans to have
complete by August.

Additional CDMA carriers, including Sprint PCS and Alltel Corp., have announced
plans to launch PTT services this year.

http://rcrnews.com/cgi-bin/news.pl?newsId=13760

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/