Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Phone With A ZOOOOOOM!

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 03:53:35 -0400

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/June2003/5496.htm
------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

<script src="http://scripts.cgispy.com/randombanner/javarbanner.cgi?user=3Gtelecoms" language="JavaScript">
</script>

3G
HOME ssAdvertising
and Sponsorship ssFREE
Daily 3G Newsletter

ALL
TODAY'S PRESS RELEASES SEE BELOW

New
Nokia Camera Phone

17th
June 2003

Europe
: The new camera phone features advanced enterprise functionality plus
a large color screen, digital zoom and video recorder

Nokia expanded its
portfolio of imaging devices with the introduction of the Nokia 6600,
a sophisticated imaging device which strikes an ideal balance between
advanced business features and a stylish, compact form. Packed with
compelling features, this tri-band (GSM 900/1800/1900) phone meets the
ongoing demands of the multitasking, mobile workforce with personal
information management (PIM) applications, secure email access, seamless
file downloads, and access to richer mobile content via the XHTML browser.

Launched at the
Nokia Press Update event in Helsinki, Finland, in conjunction with an
Asia Pacific event held in Singapore themed "Image is Power",
the Series 60 based Nokia 6600 is expected to be commercially available
during the fourth quarter of 2003 in Europe, Africa, and Asia-Pacific
markets.

With
the latest features in mobile imaging, the Nokia 6600 has an integrated
VGA camera for video recording and still image capture with 2x digital
zoom, as well as a large 65,536 color display with an enhanced graphical
user-interface. Users can create, send and receive multi-picture multimedia
messages with Synchronized Multimedia

Integration Language (SMIL) technology*, which allows users to compose
messages that display text, sound and images in a pre-determined order.
The Nokia 6600 also makes it possible to capture, send and receive video
clips with audio, as well as receive

streaming video content in both RealVideo and 3GPP video streaming formats.
A convenient media gallery application makes access to and organization
of multimedia content easy.

"In an increasingly
fast-paced business environment, where access to a wide range of information
is a necessity, individuals must find ways to strike a balance between
work and family," says Juha Putkiranta, Senior Vice President of
Nokia's Imaging Business Unit. "The Nokia 6600 offers the best
of both worlds - advanced business features to keep on top of everything
at the office, together with the latest functionality to capture precious
family moments."

For users requiring
reliable data connections, the Nokia 6600 offers both HSCSD and GPRS
support in addition to local Bluetooth and infrared connectivity. Integrated
TCP/IP technology** enhances both the ease and speed of over-the-air
file downloads. Enterprise users can access email and other corporate
servers through the public Internet with increased over the air security
via SSL and the mobile VPN (Virtual Private Network) client, available
for corporate customers. For fast access to mobile services and information,
the advanced XHTML browser can be activated with a single click. The

wallet application makes online payments and the storage of encrypted
personal information easy, reliable and convenient.

Users can shape
their mobile environment by adding applications compatible with either
the Symbian 7.0s operating system or applications based on the latest
Java(TM) technology, MIDP 2.0. Applications can be stored either in
the phone's 6MB internal memory or on the 32MB MMC card included in
the sales package. The new Nokia phone is based on the Series 60 Platform,
the world's leading terminal software for smart phones.

Though a powerful
business tool, the Nokia 6600 creates a new form of mobile personalization
with user-selectable themes. They allow users to renew the look and
feel of the user interface from colors to graphics and wallpapers. Polyphonic
ring tones and music-like True Tones complement the customizable user
interface. Optional enhancements available for the Nokia 6600 include
the new Nokia Wireless Clip-on Headset, Nokia Wireless Car Kit, Nokia
Image Viewer and Nokia Digital Pen all using Bluetooth technology.

For the Europe and
Africa region, the Nokia 6600 comes in two colors: light grey and rose.
The 113 cc phone weighs 122 grams, and has talk-time of up to 4 hours
and standby up to 10 days.

TODAY'S
PRESS RELEASES

New
Nokia Camera Phone

The
new camera phone features advanced enterprise functionality plus a large
color screen, digital zoom and video recorder

2
New 3G Phones

NTT
DoCoMo, Inc. unveiled the specifications of its third-generation (3G)
F2102V and N2102V clamshell-type videophone handsets and F2402, the FOMA
lineup's first PC card-type terminal equipped for PC-based videophone.

Air
Protocol Analyser for UMTS/ W-CDMA

The
new ABiT AP-4000, available exclusively from Yokogawa, is an air protocol
analyser for testing the latest third-generation UMTS (W-CDMA) mobile
communications systems.

Samsung
Dominates Indonesian CDMA

Samsung
Electronics has been stepping up exports of CDMA systems to Indonesia,
concluding supply contracts with two Indonesian companies last year and
a third operator this year.

3G
MMS Breakout

Photo
messaging has found strong awareness among global mobile phone users and
appears to be the first breakout capability of next generation multi-media
messaging services (MMS).

MVNO
Mobile Agreement In Finland

Tele2
AB, the leading alternative pan-European telecommunications company, today
announced that it has signed an MVNO agreement with Radiolinja Origo,
the number two GSM operator in Finland, with a market share of 30%.

Visit
3G Forum

3G
Home

3G
Forum

Subscribe
To Newsletter

3G
Press Releases

3G
Phone Zone

3G
Fun Zone

3G
New Launches

3G
Events

3G
Reports

3G
Directory

Advertise

All
Material Subject to Copyright. All logos, graphics and trademarks are the
property of their respective owners.