Subject: [NEXTEL-1] CHUCK RIPS HIDDEN CELL FEES

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2003 18:40:33 -0400

CHUCK RIPS HIDDEN CELL FEES

By LORENA MONGELLI

June 2, 2003 -- Cell-phone companies gouge New Yorkers for
more than $82 million a year in hidden fees - many of them for
services they don't even deliver, Sen. Charles Schumer charged
yesterday.

Schumer said he will introduce legislation to force cell-phone providers to reveal
all
charges in their ads so customers will have an easier time comparing plans.

The Democratic senator said four of the six major wireless providers in New York
City
slap surcharges onto their bills, ranging from 47 cents to $1.75 a month.

He estimated the extra charges from AT&T Wireless, Sprint PCS, Nextel and Cingular
cost the metro area's 10.5 million cell phone subscribers $82 million a year.

"The cell-phone companies are tacking on these fees to pay for improvements to
wireless networks, but they haven't even implemented many of these improvements,
so
you're paying for something you're not even getting," Schumer said at his Midtown
office.

http://www.nypost.com/news/regionalnews/173.htm

-- 
  		"NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
		Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

		"NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

		"WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
 	   The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
FREE Cell Phones with up to $400 Cash Back!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/_bBUKB/vYxFAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/