Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Yankee sees 1.72 bln wireless customers by 2007

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 13:58:33 -0400

Yankee sees 1.72 bln wireless customers by 2007

 Tuesday June 24, 12:03 PM EDT

 PHILADELPHIA, June 24 (Reuters) - The Yankee Group, a communications
 research and consulting firm, said on Tuesday it expects the number of wireless
 telephone subscribers globally will increase 49 percent over the next 4 years and

 reach 1.72 billion by 2007.

 The firm said it expects subscriber revenues to rise 51 percent to $584 billion
by
 2007, making wireless services similar in value to worldwide crude oil
production.

 It expects technology based on GSM, or the global system for mobile
 communication, will control about 80 percent of the market in 2007, up from 70
 percent of the market in 2002. Technology based on CDMA, or code division
 multiple access, will grow to about 16 percent of the market, from 13 percent.

 The Yankee Group, which is owned by media and information company Reuters
 Group Plc (RTR) (RTRSY), said it developed its forecasts by combining subscriber
 and operator projections, and handset assessments.
http://money.iwon.com/jsp/nw/nwdt_rt_top.jsp?cat=TOPBIZ&src=201&feed=reu&section=news&news_id=reu-n24278102&date=20030624&alias=/alias/money/cm/nw

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/