Subject: [NEXTEL-1] ITA, APCO, IMSA, IAFC Plea Their Case To The FCC Commish-

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 19:08:40 -0400

June 18, 2003
Marlene H. Dortch, Secretary
Federal Communications Commission
Office of the Secretary
445 12th Street, SW, Room TW-325
Washington, DC 20554

Re: Improving Public Safety Communications in the 800 MHz Band
WT Docket No. 02-55

Dear Ms. Dortch:

On June 17, 2003, Laura L. Smith, President and CEO of the Industrial
Telecommunications Association, Inc. (ITA); Robert M. Gurss, representing the
Association of Public-Safety Communications Officials (APCO); and Martin W.
Bercovici, with the law firm of Keller and Heckman, LLP, representing The
International Association of Fire Chiefs, Inc. (IAFC) and the International Municipal Signal
Association (IMSA) met with Chairman Michael K. Powell and Bryan Tramont, Senior
Legal Advisor, to discuss the above-referenced proceeding seeking to improve the
CMRS interference problem in the 800 MHz band.

At the meeting, ITA, APCO and IAFC/IMSA reiterated their comments on record
in support of the Consensus Plan as a pro-active solution to the interference
problem that effectively meets the Commission’s goals in this proceeding: namely, mitigation of
the interference, minimal disruption to incumbents and additional spectrum for public
safety.

Should the Commission require anything further, please do not hesitate to contact
the undersigned.

Sincerely,
/s/ Jeremy Denton
Jeremy Denton
Director, Government Affairs
cc: Chairman Michael K. Powell*
Bryan Tramont*
* via electronic mail

http://svartifoss2.fcc.gov/prod/ecfs/retrieve.cgi?native_or_pdf=pdf&id_document=6514183416

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/