Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Police Use Wireless Technology To Write Tickets

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 13:26:17 -0400

Local - KCRA TheKCRAChannel.com

Police Use Wireless Technology To Write Tickets
Thu Jun
19,11:55
AM ET

Sacramento police are using wireless (news - web sites) technology to issue
traffic citations.

The hand-held device looks like a personal digital
assistant and allows officers to write virtually
error-proof tickets. The device can also take
pictures, record audio and read fingerprints at the
scene.

"It can immediately run the fingerprint through the
state's identification fingerprinting system, and that
can be done in minutes while the citation is being
written," Sacramento Police Department Sgt. Gene Reese said.

Court officials say that about 18 percent of traffic citation written in
Sacramento County have to be thrown out because of illegible handwriting, a
problem they say is solved with the new system.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ibsys/20030619/lo_kcra/1665647

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/