Subject: [NEXTEL-1] cellular-news for Tuesday 3rd June 2003

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2003 18:08:09 -0400

[Click Here]

               Tuesday 3rd June 2003
   Location services trial for London
   The Matrix is real ?

   CPS (Cambridge Positioning Systems) has announced plans to trial its unique
 world leading Matrix high accuracy mobile location technology in London fo...

   3G network expands video coverage
   More videos and more shops to sell them in

   Hutchison 3G UK says that its video mobile network is now available in over
 fifty cities in the UK. The go live of the video mobile network in the Nor...

   1.3 megapixel camera phone on sale
   Phones snapping even better photos

   Japan's DoCoMo says that it  will begin marketing the mova SO505i, the world's
 first camera phone equipped with a 1.3-megapixel (effective resolution)...

   Strong growth in MMS subscribers with camera phones - report
   Camera keys to MMS uptake

   The evolutions represented by SMS and instant messaging (IM) will be enhanced
 by wireless multimedia messaging services (MMS) that promise pictures, a...

   Mobile phones sales jump 18% in first quarter
   Good news for the industry

   The mobile phone industry experienced better than expected sales, as worldwide
 mobile phone unit sales totaled 112.7 million units, an 18% increase fr...

   US network launches CDMA2000 1X network
   High speed data comes to central USA

   The USA based Midwest Wireless has announced the commercial launch of the
 first phase of its CDMA2000 1X wireless network based on an infrastructure s...

   TDMA network signs roaming agreement
   More national roaming deals

   The USA based TDMA network, HickoryTech Corp. has signed an agreement to carry
 the TDMA roaming traffic in south central Minnesota for a major nationw...

   Wireless data services in Europe make insignificant arrival
   SMS rulz !

   With the exception of SMS, wireless data in Europe, as in the Americas, has
 arrived with a whimper rather than a bang, reports In-Stat/MDR. The high-t...