Subject: [NEXTEL-1] NEXTEL PARTNERS PETITION DESIGNATION AS AN ELIGIBLE TELECOMMUNICATIONS CARRIER IN CERTAIN RURAL AND NON-RURAL SERVICE AREAS IN VA.

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 03:15:37 -0400

WIRELINE COMPETITION BUREAU SEEKS COMMENT
ON NPCR, INC.  d/b/a NEXTEL PARTNERS PETITION FOR
DESIGNATION AS AN ELIGIBLE TELECOMMUNICATIONS CARRIER IN CERTAIN RURAL AND
NON-RURAL SERVICE AREAS IN THE STATE OF VIRGINIA

PLEADING CYCLE ESTABLISHED

CC Docket No. 96-45

Release Date:  June 16, 2003

Comments Due: 10 days after publication in the Federal Register
Reply Comments Due: 17 days after publication in the Federal Register

On April 23, 2003, NPCR, Inc. d/b/a Nextel Partners (Nextel Partners) filed with
the Commission a petition under section 214(e)(6) of the Communications Act of
1934, as amended,  seeking designation as an eligible telecommunications carrier
(ETC) to receive federal universal service support for service offered in those
portions of Nextel Partners' licensed service area located in rural and non-rural
areas in Virginia.   Nextel Partners contends that the Virginia State Corporation
Commission (Virginia Commission) lacks jurisdiction to consider Nextel Partners'
petition because wireless carriers are not subject to state jurisdiction in
Virginia.   

More:
http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-03-1959A1.doc

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/