Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Re: Nextel Owns "Push To Talk"

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 06:42:58 -0400

-------- Original Message --------
From: Jack Daniel <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Nextel Owns "Push To Talk" 

How about a contest to find;

1. The oldest documented use of the phrases "push to talk",
"push-to-talk" and "PTT" ?

My first "push-to-talk" submission is Radio Engineering Handbook 5th
Edition, McGraw Hill, copyright 1959, renewed 1963: page 18-49 (written
by Warren Bruene - Collins Radio)

2. The oldest use of these words used by a radio or microphone
manufacturer in thier sales literature ?

3. A new term we can all start using to signify the obvious 'press the
button an speak' function of all simplex transceivers.

===================================================

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: daniel otero <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 17:33:42 -0700 (PDT)

I belive the first time Push-To-Talk was used was in the Stone Age way before Christ knows when...
People (primates) used to literaly push to talk...lol

[email-masked] wrote:
-------- Original Message --------
From: Jack Daniel <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Nextel Owns "Push To Talk" 

Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service. 

Life is a Comedy for those who think and a tragedy for those who feel!  :)  :(  @>}~

---------------------------------
Do you Yahoo!?
SBC Yahoo! DSL - Now only $29.95 per month!

---

From: "marcel_rf1" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 09:05:02 -0000

No wonder everyone says Nextel acts like an 800 pound gorilla!

--- In [email-masked], daniel otero 
wrote:
> Marcelrf@B... wrote:
> From: Jack Daniel <JackDaniel@R...>