Subject: [NEXTEL-1] 2 Radio Questions

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 10:50:59 -0400 (EDT)

1. Lets say that we have 2 people with P25 portables standing next to a
P25 repeater site. Can both of those people talk at the same time on the
repeater site if it only has 1 channel? (Lets say that the one channel
is 867.7875 and it is a 20khz wide channel)(and lets say that Portable 1
is talking on Talkgroup 1 to Dispatcher 1, and Portable 2 is talking to
Dispatcher 2 on TG2)

I guess my basic question is - how does FDMA work in a P25 context?

2. The FCC rules seem to say that it is OK for 16K0F3E stations to
operate on 154.310 Mhz and 154.325 Mhz as long as they are 6 miles
apart. If the emission designator is changed to 11K3F3E, how close can
the stations be? What if the designator is 6K something?

Peter S

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/