Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Larry K. at Nextel Switches to "CYA" Mode at SMR Leadership Conference

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2003 19:09:43 -0400

Nextel: 
CTIA-led 800 MHz 
interference solution a ‘mirage’

by Heather Forsgren Weaver
June 09, 2003

ARLINGTON, Va.—The solution to the public-safety interference problem in the 800
MHz band put forward by a coalition led by the Cellular Telecommunications &
Internet Association is a mirage, said Larry Krevor, vice president of Nextel
Communications Inc. 

“No matter what you do, it ultimately comes down to case-by-case reactive work,
and that doesn’t work,” said Krevor. “It doesn’t solve the problem. The problem in
one of physics.” 

Krevor appeared on Monday at the SMR Leadership Conference sponsored by the
American Mobile Telecommunications Association. 

The CTIA-led coalition late last month proposed a best practices technical
solution as an alternative to a rebanding solution put forward by Nextel and a
coalition of private wireless users on Christmas Eve.

http://rcrnews.com/cgi-bin/news.pl?newsId=13808

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/