Subject: [NEXTEL-1] RE: Nextel rolls out nationwide DC

From: Cormier Chris-ACC125 <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 12:03:25 -0500

****Are they concidering each PTT a call? These numbers seem kind of high if
they are not.****
-chris

In the news 

Nextel Communications Inc., Nextel Partners and Motorola announced that
Nationwide Direct Connect, the first wireless walkie-talkie service to allow
users instant communication across the country, began rolling out. 

More than 50 percent of the markets supported by Nextel and Nextel Partners
will be enabled for Nationwide Direct Connect service by June 16, Nextel
said. Nextel and Nextel Partners plan to make this nationwide service
available in all of its coverage areas, including Hawaii. 

Among the first Nextel markets to offer customers this service are New
England, Florida, and southern California. By June 16, New York, Baltimore,
the District of Columbia, Virginia, the Pacific Northwest, northern
California and Atlanta are expected to be Nationwide Direct Connect enabled.

Nextel says customers in these markets will be able to connect in less than
a second by pushing a button on the side of every Motorola phone offered by
Nextel. The service uses Motorola's proprietary iDEN network, as well as its
phones. 

When the launch of Nationwide Direct Connect is completed, instant
walkie-talkie communication will have a span of more than 5,000 miles. More
than 90 percent of Nextel customers use Direct Connect, completing 170
million Direct Connect calls each day, for a total of more than 60 billion
calls in 2002, the company says. 

As an add-on to current rate plans, customers have several pricing options
for Nationwide Direct Connect. Those include unlimited nationwide service
for $10 a month, unlimited nationwide text messageing for $15 a month, or
pay-as-you-go pricing. 

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 19:26:55 -0400

This has always been a problem with Nextel even Wall Street Analysts can't get
them to clearly define some of there methodologies.

I assume each PTT is a call.

-- 
  		"NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
		Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

		"NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

		"WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
 	   The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG