Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Etenna's Antenna to be Used in HP Notebook PCs

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 13:31:06 -0400

Etenna's Antenna to be Used in HP Notebook PCs

The EA2400 AccuWave™ antenna's form factor allows it to mount
directly on HP's Bluetooth™ module, minimizing space
requirements

LAUREL, MD, June 18, 2003 - Etenna Corporation, an antenna developer for
commercial wireless applications, today announced that its EA2400 AccuWave™
antenna will be integrated into several of HP's leading lines of notebook PCs to
support Bluetooth "wireless cable" operations.

The first commercial HP product to contain Etenna's AccuWave antenna within its
Bluetooth module will be the HP Compaq Business Notebook nc4000, newly released
this week. The HP Compaq nc4000 notebook PC's integrated Bluetooth "wireless
cable" module supports increased mobility by enabling consumers to connect to
items such as printers without using inconvenient wired cables.
Etenna's EA2400 AccuWave antenna provides unbeatable antenna efficiency at an
attractive price. It is also half the size of typical market alternatives and
boasts a unique tabletop form factor that delivers greater flexibility in circuit
board or module design. The unique form factor of the EA2400 AccuWave allows the
antenna to straddle a variety of other components already mounted on the board,
thus freeing up valuable circuit board surface area.
A key part of the antenna's superior performance is its ability to deliver high
efficiency without frequency detuning regardless of its location within a device
or product. This means that manufacturers can use the same antenna within a
variety of devices, thus saving the company both design time and inventory costs.

In contrast, the performance of most standard antennas can be adversely affected
by changing the antenna's location within the device and the components located
around it often detuning 10 times more than the EA2400. This means that
manufacturers using standard antennas must design a different circuit board
configuration for each device to ensure consistent RF performance, or order a
variety of antennas for different applications.
"We are honored to have an industry leader such as HP incorporate our AccuWave
antennas into their notebook computers," said Etenna's president and CEO, Steven
Grossman.

The EA2400 AccuWave antenna operates at 2.4 GHz, is 10 mm x 14 mm x 2.4 mm and
weighs less than 0.25 grams. It is up to 10 times smaller and 100 times lighter
than other alternatives on the market for Bluetooth and 802.11b/g applications.

"HP is committed to delivering market-leading products
that combine the latest innovations with the highest
performance to deliver superior value to customers,"
said Kevin Frost, vice president of worldwide marketing
with HP's Personal Systems Group. "The HP Compaq
nc4000 delivers the power of a desktop and the
flexibility of wireless technology in one lightweight,
durable notebook - thus giving consumers
unprecedented freedom and performance even in
demanding environments."

About Etenna Corporation

Headquartered in Laurel, Md., Etenna Corporation
designs and produces antennas for applications ranging from mobile phones to
802.11 and BluetoothÔ wireless devices. Employing Etenna's proprietary antenna
technologies, the company significantly improves the size, performance and cost of
wireless devices and equipment. In addition, Etenna makes use of patented
Artificial Magnetic Conductor (AMC) technology to enable high antenna performance
and isolation in an attractive form factor for wireless products. Backed by a
dedicated team of researchers and design engineers, Etenna's intellectual property
(IP) portfolio includes more than 30 issued or pending patents. San Diego-based
The Titan Corporation (NYSE: TTN), New York-based Archery Capital and McLean,
Va.-based ECentury Capital are primary investors in the company.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/