Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Ascendent- Public Safety Or Business???

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2003 20:10:52 -0400

Was: Ascendent Gains Traction With Wireless Carriers, Provides Mobile Enterprise
Solution to the Fortune 500

Now: Ascendent Telecommunications Offers New Technology to Assist in Recovery From
Natural Disasters

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Looks like Timmy is not the only one who "Recycles" Pressers-

Ascendent is now jumping on the "Public Safety Band Wagon". 

Last year they said: 

`Our goal with WirelessConnect is to provide enterprises with the ability to
conduct business closer to customers, partners and suppliers while reducing
communications costs and providing mobile workers with complete access to the
corporate network.''

Now it's:

 "This technology ensures that government agencies and businesses continue to
communicate --
even when a building's phone system is disabled and/or an evacuation occurs."

Same product just different hype-

==============================================================================

June 9, 2003 10:00am

TAMPA, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--June 9, 2003--Hurricanes are among the most
destructive forces of nature, but they no longer need to threaten the vital communication links upon
which Florida's government agencies and businesses depend.

Ascendent Telecommunications, a leading
developer of mobility and continuity technology
solutions for voice communications, is
demonstrating the AscendentCOG (Continuity
of Government) solution at the Governor's
Hurricane Conference in Tampa this week. This
technology ensures that government agencies
and businesses continue to communicate --
even when a building's phone system is
disabled and/or an evacuation occurs.

"In an emergency, it's imperative that staff
remain in contact at all times and conduct
business as usual," said Stephen Forte,
Ascendent's chairman and chief executive
officer. "By integrating our technology with an
existing telephone system, users can receive
calls and access their office dialing plan
wherever they are located."

AscendentCOG allows any wireless phone or remote device to be linked seamlessly to
a corporate Private Branch Exchange (PBX) or Centrex, extending the features and functions of a
telephone system to remote workers. Ascendent technology allows calls to be easily dialed, screened, and
connected, regardless of where a person is. Users can also broadcast messages to a group of people using
voice call, email, BlackBerry™ or SMS messaging with a push of a button, a crucial communication
mechanism in the eventof an emergency.

Because the system can automatically route calls through Ascendent's remotely
located Recovery Server (AscendentRS), the phone system's functionality continues even if the PBX is
destroyed -- which has obvious advantages in an area threatened by hurricanes.

The system is also increasingly being adopted by U.S. government agencies.Ascendent's systems have been installed by the U.S. Marine Corps, the Department of Energy, the U.S.Veterans Administration and
the U.S. Agency for International Development.

Ascendent also recently launched a pilot deployment with the U.S. Department of
Justice headquarters in Washington, D.C., an agency in the forefront of the nation's war on terrorism.

The 17th annual Governor's Hurricane Conference, being held June 9-13 at the Tampa
Convention Center, will bring together numerous state agencies and businesses concerned about
disaster recovery.

"Governor Jeb Bush has wisely advised state authorities to prepare for any
disaster, whether it be natural or man-made," Forte said. "In the unfortunate event a disaster occurs, Ascendent
technology serves as a vital tool to ensure business as usual."

Solution Availability

AscendentCOG is available to governmental customers through GSA schedule, and
other federal and state contracts. Ascendent technology and services also are distributed to enterprise
customers nationwide through Nextel Communications (NASDAQ:NXTL), Science Applications International
Corp. (SAIC), EDS NYSE:EDS), Norstan (NASDAQ:NRRD), Toshiba (OTC:TOSBF) and TELUS (NYSE:TU) in
Canada.

-------- Original Message --------
3/13/02

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Subject: Ascendent Gains Traction With Wireless Carriers, Provides Mobile
Enterprise Solution to the Fortune 500

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/020313/sfw074_1.html
------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

Search -
Finance Home -
Yahoo! -
Help

[ Latest Headlines
|
Market Overview
|
News Alerts
|
More PR Newswire ]

Related Quote

NXTL

6.28

-0.22

delayed 20 mins - disclaimer
Quote Data provided by Reuters

ADVERTISEMENT

Wednesday March 13, 9:02 am Eastern Time
Press Release
SOURCE:
Ascendent Telecommunications, Inc.
Ascendent Gains Traction With Wireless Carriers, Provides Mobile Enterprise Solution to the Fortune 500

LOS ANGELES, March 13 /PRNewswire/ -- Ascendent Telecommunications Inc.,
an innovator in providing converged network solutions for the enterprise,
announced today that it will further an existing marketing agreement with
Nextel Communications Inc. (Nasdaq: NXTL - news), the leading provider of fully
integrated wireless communications services. Nextel, which currently markets
Ascendent's WirelessConnect(TM) telephony product to its enterprise customers
under the name Mobile Extension(SM), has also implemented the product
internally with great success.
``The demand for this type of solution continues to grow, as existing
enterprise voice systems are unable to keep up with the needs of mobile
workers and telecommuters,'' said Stephen Forte, CEO and founder of Ascendent.
``Our goal with WirelessConnect is to provide enterprises with the ability to
conduct business closer to customers, partners and suppliers while reducing
communications costs and providing mobile workers with complete access to the
corporate network.''
WirelessConnect is a hardware and software solution that allows any
wireless phone or remote device to be linked quickly and seamlessly to a
corporate private branch exchange (PBX), extending the features and functions
of corporate networks to remote offices, telecommuters and mobile workers.
With WirelessConnect technology, Ascendent is offering an effective solution
to the growing demand among large companies for ways to use their corporate
PBXs to expand office mobility and improve mobile workers' productivity.
Nextel first introduced WirelessConnect technology and the Mobile
Extension service to its corporate customers in June 2000 in response to
tremendous customer demand for a more complete wireless PBX integration
solution. Nextel customers using the service to date include Accenture,
Steelcase Inc., the U.S. Marine Corps Air Station at Miramar, Walt Disney
World Theme Park Orlando, Tellabs Ltd. and General Motors Corp. among others.
Today's announcement demonstrates Ascendant's strength in the burgeoning
market for mobile workers and telecommuters.
About Ascendent
Ascendent Telecommunications Inc. has been empowering mobile workers with
wireless communications solutions for the enterprise since 1993. Headquartered
in Los Angeles, Calif., Ascendent enables organizations to unify different
telecommunications services such as cellular, corporate PBX and remote devices
into one companywide voice network using an existing PBX. Ascendent is the
solution of choice for several major wireless carriers, including Nextel and
Telus, and dozens of enterprises, from local businesses to the Fortune 500.
For more information on Ascendent, visit http://www.ascendenttelecom.com/ .
NOTE:
WirelessConnect is a registered trademark of Ascendent
Telecommunications Inc.
Other product or service names mentioned herein are the trademarks of
their respective owners.

SOURCE:
Ascendent Telecommunications, Inc.

Email this story - Most-emailed articles - Most-viewed articles

More Quotes and News:

Nextel Communications Inc (NasdaqNM:NXTL - news)

Related News Categories: computers,
telecom

Help

Copyright © 2002 Yahoo! Inc. All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy
-
Terms of Service

Copyright © 2002 PR
Newswire.
All rights reserved.
Republication or redistribution of PRNewswire content
is expressly prohibited
without the prior written consent of PRNewswire.
PRNewswire shall not be liable for any errors or delays
in the content,
or for any actions taken in reliance
thereon.Questions or Comments?