Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Wireless Design Online Newsletter

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2003 18:27:43 -0400

================================================================
Wireless Design Online Newsletter - http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com
Tuesday, June 3, 2003
================================================================
 
------------------------------------- 
FEATURED ARTICLES
-------------------------------------  
 
1) ZigBee standard looks to bump aside Bluetooth
2) A Bluetooth Chip For Mobile Phone Mother Boards, Adaptors
3) New RF3305 IC Features Wide Dynamic Range, High Output IP3 And Excellent Noise
Figure
 
---------------------------------------
 
1) ZigBee standard looks to bump aside Bluetooth
 
Yet another wireless connectivity standard will claim the spotlight this week, as
the ZigBee Alliance conducts its member meeting at an open house in Berlin, and IC
suppliers like Motorola Inc.'s Semiconductor Products Sector (SPS) demonstrate
compliance with the recently passed 802.15.4 standard...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/33698/793725
 
2) A Bluetooth Chip For Mobile Phone Mother Boards, Adaptors
 
Cambridge Silicon Radio (CSR) has developed a new ASIC that the company claims
will allow designers to reduce the complexity of adding Bluetooth capabilities to
mobile phone designs. According to the company, the new BlueCore2-Gateway can be
embedded on the phone's PCB itself, implemented inside an accessory battery pack,
or in an add-on adapter that plugs into the base of the phone...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/33698/793725
 
3) New RF3305 IC Features Wide Dynamic Range, High Output IP3 And Excellent Noise
Figure
 
RF Micro Devices, Inc., a leading provider of proprietary radio frequency
integrated circuits (RFICs) for wireless communications applications, announced
today the availability of the RF3305 high linearity amplifier for use in wireless
infrastructure applications....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/33699/793725

------------------------------------- 
FEATURED PRODUCTS
-------------------------------------
  
1) AirLan(R) Bridge Kit
2) Dual Output Low Noise Synthesizer 
3) EMI Grounding Washers
4) BiCMOS RF-IF Transceiver IC
5) 600S Series Ultra-Low ESR Microwave Capacitors
6) Design Strategy Services
7) Filter Plate Arrays
8) Transformers
 
---------------------------------------
 
1) AirLan(R) Bridge Kit
 
Solectek re-launches the AIRLAN name as today's most advanced way to interconnect
two local area network, in two separate locations. You'll be amazed at what we've
done this time to deliver best-of-class price-performance and installation...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/33700/793725
 
2) Dual Output Low Noise Synthesizer 
 
Elcom's series DFSS synthesizer offers switching speeds of 30 microseconds. The
small-ruggedized package (4.00" x 3.75" x 1.20") is excellent for SATCOM, Wireless
Communication and Military applications. In order to fully satisfy SATCOM dual
conversion architecture, the DFSS unit includes a fixed L-band and synthesized RF
outputs...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/33701/793725
 
3) EMI Grounding Washers
 
EMI/RFI grounding washers are manufactured from knitted wire mesh stocking that is
formed into a resilient metal washer by compressing in a close-tolerance forming
die. The grounding washer can be supplied in various diameters and thicknesses to
satisfy many requirements...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/33702/793725
 
4) BiCMOS RF-IF Transceiver IC
 
The BT1074Bi is a BiCMOS RF-IF transceiver IC for low-cost, high performance
850-950MHz applications. It contains an on-chip image reject filter, three on-chip
VCOs (local oscillators), an on-chip RF power amplifier (PA) with up to +14dBm
output, a 2-level RF output level control of RF PA, and a high input sensitivity
LNA...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/33703/793725
 
5) 600S Series Ultra-Low ESR Microwave Capacitors
 
Features of the 600S Series Capacitors include the lowest ESR in class - typically
80 mOhms@ 1 GHz. The Highest working voltage in class -- 250V. It comes in a
Standard EIA size: 0603 - NPO. Downloadable pdf datasheet available...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/33704/793725
 
6) Design Strategy Services
 
HS Design is a full service product design and development firm. We specialize in
Design Strategy, Product Branding, User Research, Industrial Design, GUI design,
Mechanical Design and Rapid Prototyping. By integrating customers' needs and our
clients' capabilities, we develop products that create a competitive advantage...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/33707/793725
 
7) Filter Plate Arrays
 
Corry Micronics offers filter plate arrays with .100" and 2mm centers. The .100"
centered filter plate arrays are available in "C" and "Pi" configurations with
capacitance values from 68pF to 5000pF. Downloadable pdf datasheet available...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/33705/793725
 
8) Transformers
 
T T E, Inc. offers a line of Balun, isolation and matching transformers that may
be specified for any frequency band from 10 Hz to 200 MHz. Package styles include
RF radial pins for through hole mounting, surface mounting, BNC, SMA and N
connectors...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/33706/793725

-------------------------------------
CONSULTING SERVICES 
-------------------------------------
 
Your projects deserve the best consultants...By using Wireless Design Online
Consulting Services, you'll find them quickly and easily. GUARANTEED. With
performance data on 1,800 pre-qualified firms, this easy-to-use service ensures
you'll get the right firm, every time. Check out our guarantee at:
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/33708/793725

-------------------------------------
TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES
-------------------------------------
 
Are you aware of the principle 802.11 specifications, including 802.11b and
802.11a? Have you compared the major alternative technologies used at the MAC and
PHY layers, and the reasoning behind the major attributes of these technologies?
This distance learning program will provide an understanding of these protocols
and more. Best of all, it is delivered straight to your desktop.
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/33709/793725

-------------------------------------
INDUSTRY EVENTS
-------------------------------------
 
WIRELESS SOLUTIONS
IIR Telecommunications and Technology conferences focus on wireless solutions,
including profitability and next-generation strategies, indoor coverage and
capacity, prepaid services, WLANs and WiFi technologies, and more. We encourage
you to visit IIR Telecoms and technology's web site for a complete listing of
upcoming events!
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/33710/793725

==========================================================
GENERATE LEADS
The VertMarkets Marketplace Manager is a self-service marketing tool that extends
your existing online marketing activities and lets you generate qualified sales
leads for your products.  To learn more please visit us at:  
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/content/vertpages/MarketplaceManager.asp?comingfrom=news_online_foot
 
==========================================================
CAREER SERVICES
Wireless Design Online has partnered with Artemis HR to bring you targeted resume
and job search capabilities.  Visit today:
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/33711/793725
 
==========================================================
COMPLIMENTARY TRADE PUBLICATIONS 
Browse from the extensive list of trade publications by industry, title, key word
or geographic eligibility to find the titles that best match your skills and
interests. All of the magazines are absolutely complimentary of charge, no hidden
fees, no soft or trial offers, and no obligation.   
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/33712/793725

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/