Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Re: Nextel & the Net

From: "Bulldog" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 08:45:26 -0500

Yo Phil:

Two methods: 

1) Circuit Connection ($10 a month SOC and it burns your minutes + you need to supply ISP). 

2) Packet Stream Connection ($55 a month for unlimited or metered plan. No minutes burned). 

a.) Use your handset and data cable 
b.) Buy the i1100 modem 

My suggestion: 

SprintPCS PCMCIA modem with 3G speeds (faster) and better connectivity 
transfer between towers than N. Equipment will run < $200 and monthly 
service is $80 for unlimited. 

Sprint also has a Compact Flash Card for $79 that you can plug into a PDA. 
I put it in my AXIM with a 128MB RAM upgrade and the thing is faster than 
my desktop with DSL. 

^^oto's i1100 modem is $400 with activation. It's PCMCIA and purportedly 
works with some PDA's. iPAQ I think but those PDA's are for chumps. You can 
buy two Dell AXIM's for the price. 

www.dell.com has 300mHz handhelds for less than $200. 
Here's my AX on my Wi-Fi Network. 
http://www.enyo.org/getfile.php?docid=36 

It's just like a PC with a shitty interface. I can do ad-hoc 
connection with the other machines on my network. 

Also, MS has beta software to "walkie-talkie" over the same 
node as well as over the net. 

Sales: www.enyo.org
Support: www.enyo.net
Swag Shop: www.cafeshops.com/enyo