Subject: RE: [NEXTEL-1] Cox takes cell phones from 64 city workers

From: "Smith, William E. (US-BKTN-Telecom)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 16:18:25 -0400

>Cox also snatched the Verizon cell phone used by Parks and Recreation
Commissioner Thomas Bellegarde, who also uses a 
>Nextel two-way phone and a truck radio. "I guess we'll just to have to
communicate through the Nextels and (truck)
>radios," said Bellegarde.

Gee, his Nextel doesn't have phone capabilities? Lowell is not that big
of a city that the DPW's VHF system can't cover it mobile to mobile.

>Nearly half of the department's cell phones are used at the middle
school level by principals and assistant principals. >"There's a lot of
middle schools and they're large buildings," said Assistant Business
Manager Michael Cassidy. >"Electronic communication in those buildings
is a necessity." 

What's wrong with getting a batch of portable radios to use around the
campus? Get UHF ones that can talk on the PD's 482 freq. No monthly
charge, no busy signals. Oh, No personal phone calls on them either....

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it, are confidential to National Grid and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please contact the National Grid USA Enterprise Support Center on 508-389-3375 or 315-428-6360.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2003 22:26:47 -0400

It is unfortunate that small departments only receive free upfront guidance from
those who are looking for a source of "RR" (Reoccurring Revenue). I'm sure a
consultant could quickly come up with a solution. Given that they are whining over
cell phone costs a consultant is most likely out of the picture. I'm sure with the
proper configuration UHF would work fine. The interconnect portion of his Nextel
could be locked out. Just another story to add to the library.