Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Simple Key To Wireless Success

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 17:04:46 -0400

Simple Key To Wireless Success
For the wireless industry, adding GM's imprimatur marks a turning point that will
help legitimize wireless as a practical business
tool.

Link to story on Wireless NewsFactor:

http://wirelessnewsfactor.com/perl/story/21779.html

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: "Madden, Roger" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 12:10:23 -0400

OK, I'll accept that maybe I don't understand the business dispatch
market anymore, but I still think that most trade employers are still
operated as "mom and pop" small businesses that can't or don't want to
afford $100/mobile/month (or $60, either)in addition to fuel and
maintenance on their vehicles.  Big ones in major cities, maybe.  Small
cities like Tallahassee, no.  

There is still a substantial "base and 5" and SMR market here, as well
as cell and Nextel.  10 mi. outside town, on the county roads, cell
coverage is not good, and Nextel is basically non-existent, as are the
PCS cell operators, except toward the beach towns 25-60 mi South and
West.

Roger
___________

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, June 23, 2003 5:05 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Simple Key To Wireless Success

Simple Key To Wireless Success
For the wireless industry, adding GM's imprimatur marks a turning point
that will
help legitimize wireless as a practical business
tool.

 

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: "Cathy Sutter" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 13:50:40 -0700

Roger,

You are correct that there is still a demand for "POD"  !  ( Plain Old Dispatch.  Not only is it still popular in the rural markets... I can attest from my own 900LTR customer base that it's alive and thriving in Phoenix ( second fastest growing city in the US ) and in many of other major cities as well.  

The popular trend for all businesses ( big or small ) is to cut costs in any way they can which includes communications. 

 I'm sure there are numerous UHF trunking operators, 800 and 900 operators who have gladly welcomed a defected Nextel customer to their system.   As far as the actual number of  Nextel users jumping ship to our systems....that's something we stay mum about.  Unlike the cellular and PCS carriers....Wall St. does not require us to brag about our subscriber count.   It's just the opposite...We get a perverse thrill out of keeping it to ourselves.

Cathy Sutter   

Cathy Sutter