Subject: [NEXTEL-1] J-Phone claims 10 million camera phone users

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 10:23:27 -0400

J-Phone claims 10 million camera phone users

Japan's J-Phone says that as of June 18, 2003, Sha-mail picture messaging enabled
handsets exceeded the 10 million mark. Since topping 9 million in March 2003,
Sha-mail subscribers increased by 1 million in approximately three months,
bringing the number of Sha-mail users to approximately 70% of J-Phone's total
subscriber base. After introducing in November 2000 its first camera-equipped
mobile handset, the J-SH04 by Sharp, J-Phone has reached the milestone of 10
million Sha-mail users in approximately two years and seven months.

With the launch of its mobile packet data service in March 2002, J-Phone marked
another landmark in mobile communications by launching Movie Sha-mail, a service
which enables users to send and receive e-mails with attachments containing
audio/video messages of up to five seconds in length, thereby offering expanded
possibilities for visual expression. With its 7 Movie Sha-mail handsets, J-Phone
now has 1.97 million Movie Sha-mail subscribers, approximately 14% of its customer
base.

In August 2002, J-Phone launched the world's first handset capable of reading bar
codes (JAN Codes/QR Codes) by offering the J-SH09 by Sharp, thereby opening up new
possibilities for mobile camera usage. Currently J-Phone offers five handsets that
are capable of reading bar codes and has over 1.6 million subscribers that can use
the function. Picture messaging is rapidly expanding throughout the rest of the
world as well.  On October 2002 in Europe, Vodafone launched Vodafone live!, an
easy to use consumer service bringing customers a world of colour, sound and
pictures, and registered over 1 million users at the end of March 2003.

Posted to the site on 19-Jun-03

http://www.cellular-news.com/story/9086.shtml

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/