Subject: [NEXTEL-1] UMTS Automatic Test System Validation

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 19:38:51 -0400

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/June2003/5554.htm

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

<script src="http://scripts.cgispy.com/randombanner/javarbanner.cgi?user=3Gtelecoms" language="JavaScript">
</script>

3G
HOME ssAdvertising
and Sponsorship ssFREE
Daily 3G Newsletter

ALL
TODAY'S PRESS RELEASES SEE BELOW

UMTS
Automatic Test System Validation

30th
June 2003

Europe
: Spirent Communications has partnered with BABT to validate Spirent’s
U-ATS Automatic Test System, a leading test solution for performance
evaluation of WCDMA mobile devices. Spirent’s U-ATS test solution
helps accelerate the roll-out of next-generation wireless services by
thoroughly characterising UMTS User Equipment (UE) RF performance in
a lab setting.

BABT is one of Europe’s
leading independent providers of testing and certification services
for telecoms, radio and IT products. BABT will validate Spirent’s
U-ATS RF interoperability for system accuracy, test case execution and
interoperability with a range of UMTS UEs. This will ensure Spirent’s
system conforms with industry-standard test specifications from the
3GPP (Third Generation Partnership Project).

“BABT’s
validation will assure our customers that the U-ATS system is a leader
in performance evaluation of WCDMA mobile devices,” said Richard
Catmur, director of wireless business development at Spirent Communications.
“This partnership is an important element of Spirent’s commitment
to providing thorough evaluation of UMTS UEs - beyond conformance testing
and into true performance qualification.”

“Spirent Communications
provides an excellent platform for UE performance verification. Over
the next few months we will be performing rigorous validation procedures
on the U-ATS system,” said Jean-Louis Evans, managing director
at BABT. “Following the official validation, we anticipate that
BABT will benefit from this partnership by employing the U-ATS to offer
independent UE testing to our customers.”

Spirent’s
U-ATS is a comprehensive, fully-automated test system which allows complete
characterisation of WCDMA UE performance during all phases of the development
and deployment cycle. U-ATS, which includes Spirent’s market-leading
physical layer performance analysis tools, ensures that UEs can be thoroughly
tested under representative real-world conditions in a lab, reducing
the need for expensive and time-consuming field trials.

BABT will evaluate
the U-ATS system and WCDMA UE test cases that cover the complete 3GPP
TS 34.121 specification, including the key Section 8 Radio Resource
Management (RRM) tests. The initial delivery of the U-ATS includes more
than 20 test cases for TS 34.121, encompassing WCDMA UE transmitter
and receiver performance.

TODAY'S
PRESS RELEASES

UMTS
Automatic Test System Validation

Spirent
Communications has partnered with BABT to validate Spirent’s U-ATS
Automatic Test System, a leading test solution for performance evaluation
of WCDMA mobile devices.

Pricing
Mobile Messaging and Content

Mobile
operators and mobile virtual network operators (MVNOs) could miss out
on a large chunk of revenue (up to 16%) if they do not choose the most
appropriate pricing policies

New
Sony Ericsson Phone

he
SO505i offers a unique design for a mobile phone. Once unfolded, the screen-half
can be rotated 180 degrees to sit on top of the phone's lower half, thereby
halving the phone's length, but leaving the screen facing up.

Processors
Power Newest PDAs

Samsung
announced that its ARM9™-based S3C2410 application processor solution
has been designed into two of Hewlett Packard’s newest iPAQ hand-held
devices.

Telefónica
Launches Movistar i-mode Content

Telefónica
Móviles España will offer a new range of mobile access services
to i-mode™-based web content and will begin selling a new selection
of handsets

Legend
Launches Lenovo XP230 with Windows Mobile

The
Lenovo XP230, offering unsurpassed performance and expandability to meet
the wide range of handheld computing needs.

3G
Home

3G
Forum

Subscribe
To Newsletter

3G
Press Releases

3G
Phone Zone

3G
Fun Zone

3G
New Launches

3G
Events

3G
Reports

3G
Directory

Advertise

All
Material Subject to Copyright. All logos, graphics and trademarks are the
property of their respective owners.