Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Federal Trade Commission - The Do Not Call Registry

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 17:47:15 -0400

http://www.ftc.gov/donotcall/

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION - WWW.FTC.GOV

NATIONAL DO NOT CALL REGISTRY INFORMATION

Do Not Call Home Page

Register Now

Consumer Information

Business Information

State-By-State

Media Center

En Español

Hot Links

National
Do Not Call Registry Opens

Statement of FTC Chairman Timothy J. Muris
Regarding the FCC’s Update of Rules Concerning The National Do Not Call Registry

Background:
The National Do Not Call Registry and the FTC's Telemarketing Sales Rule

Fact Sheet:
You Make the Call: The FTC's New Telemarketing Sales Rule

Q&As
on the National Do Not Call Registry

CLICK HERE TO
REGISTER

National Do Not Call Registry

The National Do Not Call Registry is open for business, putting
consumers in charge of the telemarketing calls they get at home. The
Federal Government created the national registry to make it easier
and more efficient for you to stop getting telemarketing sales calls
you don't want. You can register online at DONOTCALL.GOV if you
have an active email address. If you live in a state west of the
Mississippi River (including Minnesota or Louisiana), you can call
toll-free, 1-888-382-1222 (TTY 1-866-290-4236), from the number you
wish to register. Phone registration will open to the entire nation
on July 7. Registration is free.

The Federal Trade Commission, the Federal Communications
Commission, and the states will begin enforcing the National Do Not
Call Registry on Oct. 1, 2003. That's when consumers who put their
numbers on the registry by August 31, 2003 will notice a downturn in
the number of telemarketing calls they get. Placing your number on
the National Do Not Call Registry will stop most, but not all,
telemarketing calls.

This site has information for you—whether you're a consumer
interested in signing up for the National Do Not Call Registry, or a
telemarketer or seller interested in learning more about your
responsibilities related to the Telemarketing Sales Rule. You also
can learn how your state do not call list
relates to the National Do Not Call Registry.

Last updated: June 27, 2003

Register Now
Do Not Call Home
Consumer Info
Business Info
State-By-State
Media Center
En Español