Subject: [mobile-ip] IEEE Infocom 2004 - Message from Conference General Chair

From: Thomas Hou <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 11:25:38 -0400

July 1, 2003, the deadline for paper submission to IEEE INFOCOM 2004,
to be held in Hong Kong, March 7 - 11, 2004, is rapidly approaching.
The Call For Papers can be found at http://www.ieee-infocom.org/2004/.

We are well aware that there is concern about SARS among some potential
authors; however, all signs indicate that SARS is now under control. As you
may already know, the World Health Organization lifted its travel advisory
to Hong Kong and Guangdong, China last week. The number of new cases
in the rest of China is also decreasing rapidly.

While we continue to closely monitor the situation, be assured that we do
have contingency plans. We will see what happens the rest of this year and
will be prepared to reevaluate the situation in late November before the
Advance Program is published.   For now, we would like to reassure you all
that IEEE INFOCOM 2004 will be held as planned. We encourage you to
submit your work before July 1, 2003, and be considered to present your
paper in a beautiful setting overlooking Hong Kong Harbor.

Victor O.K. Li,
General Chair, IEEE INFOCOM 2004