Subject: [NEXTEL-1] PDA Node Maps

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 14:02:18 -0400

-------- Original Message --------
From: "Charlie Ridgway" 
Subject:  PDA Node Maps

I found a site that has several samples of Flash based PDA maps.  I think we could
use this technology to produce a useable portable node map.  The NYC Subway map is
the one I am familiar with and it is zoomable and panable.  There are no popups
with additional information so you can only include as much information as can is
readable at the highest level zoom.  For us that would probably mean color coding
commercial and free nodes with maybe a reference number to look up additional
information in an accompanying database or HTML table.  

This afternoon I sent an email to the guy who made the NYC map to get some
information on how it is done.  

I think I have the capability to produce the base map to be included in the
application if we can extract the Latitude/Longitude information from the
database.

See the sample maps at
http://www.pocketpcflash.net/examples.asp?type=Maps

---

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/