Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel unveils SME strategy

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2003 01:56:52 -0400

Nextel unveils SME strategy

June 6, 2003 4:51pm

Digital trunking operator Nextel Brazil is betting on the SME segment this year,
with plans to offer discounts to companies that place high call volumes, Brazilian
tech news agency IT Web reported.

Advertisement: Explore Within This Space 

"We already had a strong presence in the large corporate segment. However, we
realized that our product is also suitable for the small and mid-sized companies,
and so we have decided to focus on this segment," Nextel Brazil sales VP Ubiratan
Valade said. 

Nextel has unveiled three new price plans for the segment, which allow the use of
250, 500 or 800 minutes per month, in addition to unlimited radio usage, for 129
reais (US$45), 139 reais, and 159 reais, respectively. 

To help get the new promotion off the ground, the company will invest an
unspecified amount into expanding its sales channels and improving sales channel
quality. 

Nextel Brazil is the property of NII Holdings (Nasdaq: NIHD), the US-based holding
company for digital trunking operations in Latin America, minority-owned by Nextel
Corp (Nasdaq: NXTL).

http://www.bnamericas.com/

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/