Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Dataradio Dealer Implements Shared Mobile Data Network for the City of Ft. Smith and Sebastian County, Arkansas

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 09:37:36 -0400

Dataradio Dealer Implements Shared Mobile Data Network for the City of Ft. Smith
and Sebastian County, Arkansas 

ATLANTA, June 18, 2003 - Communications Specialist, located in Texarkana, Arkansas
working in conjunction with the City of Fort Smith, Arkansas Police Department and
Sebastian County Sheriff's Department, sold and implemented a "shared" Mobile Data
Communication System between these two departments using Dataradio's Multi-Site
Controller technology to achieve countywide coverage. 

The City of Fort Smith Police Department, under the project management of Randy
Nielsen, had originally purchased a 19.2 Kbps mobile data system from
Communication Specialists, Inc. using Dataradio's GeminiPD+ modems and ParagonPD
base station and Aether System's mobile software. The system was installed
according to specifications and exceeded performance standards to the pleasure of
the Police Department. 

As Dataradio's technology offered greater speeds the Police Department made a
decision to up-grade its existing equipment to 25.6 Kbps and to purchase an
additional Paragon Base Station enabling them to build in back-up capabilities. 

During this same time, the Sebastian County Sheriff's Department had applied for
and received a grant for the purchase and implementation of a mobile data system.
While doing so, working with Communication Specialists, Inc. and the Fort Smith
Police Department, a decision was made to implement a "shared" system enabling
both departments to operate their mobile data systems independently and yet
sharing their city/county data bases and record access interfaces (ACIC/NCIC). In
addition, the Sheriff's Department would accomplish the countywide data coverage
they required which would provide this same extended area of operation to the
Police Department.

The system design included two tower sites for base station locations as well as a
wireless point-to-point link from one remote tower location to a point capable of
providing a lease line connection back to the Multi-Site Controller located at the
Police Department facilities in Fort Smith, Arkansas.

This dual department project has been a tremendous success and again proves the
value of providing law enforcement officers immediate data access in the field,
quickly and efficiently. The Ft. Smith/Sebastian County system demonstrates the
benefits and advantages of inter-agency cooperation.

The Fort Smith Police Department system is managed by Randy Nielsen, IT Director
and the Sebastian County Sheriff's Department system manager is Sam Neff.

Dataradio has a network of over 250 CSSIs throughout the U.S. The CSSIs are
trained to sell and install Dataradio's product line of mobile radio modems as
well as provide system maintenance.

With 20 years dedicated to wireless data technology and innovation, Dataradio is
the source for private data-by-radio solutions.

http://www.dataradio.com/news_press_061803_ftsmith.shtml

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/