Subject: [NEXTEL-1] GSM vendor sets up office in Iraq

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 14:22:28 -0400

GSM vendor sets up office in Iraq

Tecore Wireless Systems has said that it is establishing a distribution center to
rapidly deploy GSM systems throughout Iraq. Tecore's local inventory will consist
of GSM Mobile Switching Centers (MSCs), AirNet AdaptaCell Broadband
Software-Defined Base Stations and AirSite Backhaul Free Base Stations, Pre-Paid
Systems, Short Messaging Service Centers (SMSC), antennas, cables, towers, power
equipment, generators, SIM cards, top-up cards, VSAT terminals and handsets ready
to ship in support of the license winners.

The distribution center will build relationships with local contractors for civil
works, tower erection, and supply of power systems. In addition, Tecore's
operations center in Dubai is fully staffed with experienced local Arabic-speaking
wireless personnel and management that are well positioned to provide
installation, commissioning, and training services, as well as operational
assistance to launch wireless services and international origination and
termination arrangements. "Our established regional presence, experience with
deployments in difficult environments, and ability to rapidly deploy GSM networks,
makes us well suited for any operator looking to quickly set up service and ensure
a rapid return on investment," said Jay Salkini, Tecore's chairman and CEO.

"Tecore's success in launching Afghanistan's GSM network within weeks and making
it the fastest deployment in GSM network history is an example of Tecore's
capabilities," added Mr. Ehsan Bayat, founder of Afghan Wireless Communication
Company (AWCC). "We are certain that Tecore is an efficient choice for the new
Iraqi operators.  Tecore's performance record in the unstable environment of
Afghanistan has been remarkable. Their personnel continue to be essential to the
operation of Afghan Wireless and we believe they can be a valuable resource for
the new Iraqi GSM networks," said Mr. Tom Bosley, Chief Operating Officer of
Telephone Systems International, Inc., which operates the Afghan Wireless
Communication Company in a joint venture with the Afghan Ministry of
Communications.

Posted to the site on 24-Jun-03

http://www.cellular-news.com/story/9118.shtml

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/