Subject: [NEXTEL-1] NC State 9-1-1 Funds

From: "Rik Rasmussen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 20:22:02 -0400

Date:  Mon Jun 30, 2003  11:31 am
Subject:  State 9-1-1 Funds

As you may already know, last night the NC General Assembly tentatively
voted to send a $14.8 billion dollar state budget to Gov. Easley.   Included
in this budget (under the area of "NEW MONEY") is a "diverting" of some $33
million in 9-1-1 funds for FY 03/04 and an ADDITIONAL $25 million for FY
04/05...

As I understand it, this would pretty much completely drain the state 9-1-1
wireless fund and I highly doubt any of us would see wireless checks for a
LONG TIME....

I know everyone is very busy, but I would urge each of you to IMMEDIATELY
notify your city and county officials (and the PSAP's in your area that are
not on the list server) and let them ALL know about this and to get on the
phone with your area NC State General Assembly members and the governors
office!!!

The final vote is TODAY and all PSAP's need to help get the word out!!!

Subject:  WRAL TV 5

For those members of the list server who can pick up WRAL TV 5 from Raleigh,
you may want to watch tonight (Monday June 30th) at 6 pm....   They are
airing a report on today's "diversion" of the $58 Million in 9-1-1 money to
the state of NC General Budget ($33 million this fiscal year and $25 million
next year)...

(mau be repeated at 11pm)

==========================================
Henrik "Rik" Rasmussen
Editor: Two Way Radio Directory:
The Two Way Radio Directory has links to hundreds of industry related web
pages.
The Directory Bookstore has a great selection of radio books at good
discounts.
Visit now at http://twowayradiodirectory.com/

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/