Subject: [mobile-ip] BAck with status 1

From: "Gaurav Puri" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 14:17:20 +0530

hi,
  i have a small doubt.
If HA sends a BAck with Status 1 and with Refresh advice option, in that
case i think MN should initiate MPS -MPA
ahead of re-registration procedure. Assume that HA doesn't want to
advertise MN's home prefix (with which binding has been made) any more. In
this case if MN initiates re-registration first, that wont be useful as
after very short time when it initiates MPS-MPA, it has to pick up new
prefix from the MPA for making his home address and again it has to
initiate re-registration process. Whereas if MN initiates MPS-MPA first ,
the initial (redundant) re-registration process can be avoided.

please clarify

regards
 gaurav

---

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 13:31:20 +0300

> the initial (redundant) re-registration process can be avoided.

I agree, but doesn't 11.7.1 already described very
clearly that you should do PD before attempting
a new registration?

--Jari