Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel's Push to Talk Trademark Approved for Registration

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 11:22:24 -0400

And they have the nerve to send out a presser!

http://www.corporate-ir.net/ireye/ir_site.zhtml?ticker=nxtl&script=410&layout=-6&item_id=424319
--
------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

Nextel - Page Title Goes Here

Home | View Cart | Contact Us

Company Information

Company Profile

Management

Press Releases

Conference Calls

Presentations

Financial Documents

Stock Chart

Stock Quote

SEC
Reports

All
SEC Filings

Non-GAAP
Financial Measures

(2002)     (2003)

Investor Resources

Calendar of Events

Material Request

E-mail Notification

Press Releases

Nextel Communications (ticker: NXTL, exchange: NASDAQ) News Release -
6/20/2003

Nextel's Push to Talk Trademark Approved for Registration

RESTON, Va.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--June 20, 2003--Nextel(R)
Communications, Inc. (NASDAQ:NXTL) today announced that the United
States Patent and Trademark Office approved the registration of its
trademark for its Push To Talk(TM) service. This is the culmination of
an application process for Push To Talk(TM) that began in January
2002. Push To Talk(TM) and its sister mark, PTT(R), have for years
denoted Nextel's signature service, Nextel Direct Connect(R), an
incredibly powerful, easy to use, long-range digital walkie-talkie
feature.

Nextel has pioneered Push To Talk(TM) capabilities for more than
ten years. With Direct Connect(TM), Nextel customers simply use the
Push To Talk(TM) button located on the side of every Nextel phone for
instant communication with colleagues, friends and family members.
Every one of the more than 11.1 million wireless devices on the Nextel
National Network - including Nextel's full suite of handsets from
Motorola as well as the Blackberry 6510(TM) for Nextel - features the
Push To Talk(TM) button enabling Direct Connect(TM) instant
communications. Currently, more than 90 percent of Nextel customers
use Direct Connect(TM) monthly, completing 170 million Direct
Connect(TM) calls each day, for a total of more than 62 billion
conversations in 2002.

On June 2nd, Nextel began rolling out Nationwide Direct
Connect(TM), the first and only wireless walkie-talkie service to
allow users instant communications across the country. When the launch
of Nationwide Direct Connect(TM) is complete in August, instant
walkie-talkie communications will have a span of more than 5,000
miles.

"These trademarks reflect Nextel's innovative approach to changing
the way people communicate in business and personal life," said Mark
Schweitzer, Senior Vice President of Marketing at Nextel. "For ten
years, Direct Connect(TM) has been the industry standard for instant
contact. Now, Nextel has brought the service to a new level by
enabling customers to use Nextel's Push To Talk(TM) service across all
America in less than a second with the push of a button. Now, that's
real Push Power(TM)."

About Nextel

Nextel Communications, a Fortune 300 company based in Reston, Va.,
is a leading provider of fully integrated wireless communications
services and has built the largest guaranteed all-digital wireless
network in the country covering thousands of communities across the
United States. Nextel and Nextel Partners, Inc., currently serve 198
of the top 200 U.S. markets. Through recent market launches, Nextel
and Nextel Partners service is available today in areas of the U.S.
where approximately 240 million people live or work.

CONTACT: Nextel Communications, Inc., Reston

Media:

Audrey Schaefer, 301/951-5741

[email-masked]

or

Kelly Mullins, 703/433-4396

[email-masked]

or

Investors:

Paul Blalock, 703/433-4300

[email-masked]

SOURCE: Nextel Communications, Inc.

Phones & Rate Plans | Services | Customer Support

MyNextel | About Nextel | Sitemap | Home

By accessing this site, you accept the terms of our Visitor Agreement and Privacy Policy. © 1995-2003 Nextel Communications. All rights reserved. Copyright and Disclaimer Notice

---

From: "Bill Smith" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 23:58:04 -0400

Gee, the Nextel website is now saying the press release is not available.