Subject: [NEXTEL-1] APCO BREAKS GROUND IN THE NATION'S CAPITAL

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 18:39:24 -0400

APCO BREAKS GROUND IN THE NATION'S CAPITAL

June 9, 2003, Washington, DC - The Association of Public-Safety Communications
Officials (APCO) International, Inc. is pleased to announce that Robert M. Gurss,
who has been its outside regulatory counsel for nearly 15 years, has agreed to
become APCO's first Director of Legal and Government Affairs.As of June 19, Gurss
will be based in APCO's new Government Affairs Office in Washington, DC along with
Communications Affairs Manager Courtney McCarron, who is relocating from APCO
International headquarters in Daytona Beach, Fla.

"This is an exciting time for APCO and we could not be more pleased with the staff
appointments that have been made,"APCO International Acting President Vincent
Stile said."We are going to hit the ground running in the FCC and on Capital Hill,
making great strides for the entire public safety community."

Gurss, currently a partner with the firm of Shook, Hardy & Bacon, will also
continue to represent other clients through his new affiliation with the law firm
of Fletcher, Heald, and Hildreth, PLC, which is also effective as of June 19.

APCO International's new Government Affairs Office will be located at 1725 DeSales
St., NW Suite 808, Washington, DC 20036, (202) 833-2700.

About APCO International

The Association of Public-Safety Communications Officials - International, Inc. -
is the world's oldest and largest not-for-profit professional organization
dedicated to the enhancement of public safety communications.With more than 16,000
members around the world, APCO International exists to serve the people who
manage, operate, maintain, and supply the communications systems used to safeguard
the lives and property of citizens everywhere.

                                        ###