Subject: [NEXTEL-1] (unknown)

From: "marcel_rf1" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 12:24:49 -0000

ITU Calls for Launch of 4G Mobile Service in 2010
Source: Jiji Press English News Service
Publication date: 2003-06-09

Tokyo, June 9 (Jiji Press)--The International Telecommunication Union 
has adopted a resolution calling for member countries to launch 
fourth-generation mobile phone services around 2010, Japan's 
telecommunications ministry said Monday.

The resolution was adopted at a meeting in Geneva of the ITU's 
Radiocommunication Assembly, according to officials of the Ministry of 
Public Management, Home Affairs, Posts and Telecommunications.
The ITU, a U.N. body, is expected to set standards for 4G mobile phone 
technologies at a meeting in 2007, the officials said.
The ITU's resolution is in line with Japan's plan to start 4G mobile 
phone services in 2010.

The next-generation services will allow mobile phone users to access 
the Internet at speeds that match those of fiber-optic networks.
Publication date: 2003-06-09

http://cnniw.yellowbrix.com/pages/cnniw/Story.nsp?story_id=39373731&ID
=cnniw&scategory=Telecommunications%3ARegulations&

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/