Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel Customer Gets Run Around-

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2003 23:52:10 -0400

Q: I purchased a Nextel Communications phone in December over the phone. I was
going to Florida for two
weeks and they said they could send the phone down there. I said OK. They said I
just had to call FedEx
after we finish the transaction and have them forward the phone to Florida.

When I called FedEx, the person said that there was absolutely no way they could
do that, and that Nextel
would have to ship it there. So right now I'm thinking, "Oh crap." So I call
Nextel back and tell them what
FedEx said, and they go, "Well, we can't do anything about it, sir." She said I
had to start the new phone in
my local coverage area. So there was no way I could have started it down in
Florida.

So since the first guy blatantly lied to me and I couldn't use the phone down in
Florida anyway, I told them
to cancel it. After about 10 minutes of telling her to cancel it, and her saying
she can't, my mother got on
the phone and TOLD them that they were going to cancel it. She goes OK, but the
phone is already
shipped. "Already shipped!" I said. "I just called you back five minutes after I
placed the order!" She said,
"Just refuse shipment and the $250 will be credited back to your card."

So here I am now. After about 10 to 15 phone calls to Nextel, they have finally
only credited me $150. They
say the same thing every time: "We sent a request for refund and you should have
it in 10 to 14 days." This
company has given me the biggest run-around, and has probably affected my credit.

That's great too, seeing that I'm only 19, and I have minimal credit as it is.

--K.B., Elkhart

A: Here's Nextel's response: "The complaint that was sent to you by Mr. K.B. was
resolved. Mr. B. was
contacted and is satisfied with the resolution by Nextel." That's it? What a
letdown! Where's the drama?
Where's the intrigue?

Where's your mom? We've got a local electronics store worker who needs a
talking-to. Oh, well. Here's your
money. We assume that's enough of a happy ending.

Carol Elliott's Action Line column appears on Sundays and Tuesdays. If you have a
consumer complaint or
inquiry, contact Action Line via e-mail at [email-masked]; by letter at
The South Bend Tribune,
South Bend, IN 46626; or by fax at (574) 236-1765. Sorry, we can't accept requests
by phone.

http://hoovnews.hoovers.com/fp.asp?layout=query_displaynews&q=NEXTEL&so=&dc=&ro=&ed=&sd=&s=1&boldtext=NEXTEL&sym=&doc_id=NR200306011180.3_612a00153acb85c7

-- 
  		"NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
		Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

		"NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

		"WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
 	   The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/