Subject: [NEXTEL-1] IDT Corporation Announces Formation of Spectrum Leasing Unit

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 07:29:14 -0400

IDT Corporation Announces Formation of Spectrum Leasing Unit

Business Editors/High-Tech Writers

NEWARK, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--June 10, 2003--IDT Corporation today announced that
it has formed a spectrum-leasing unit within IDT Solutions.

The announcement is in response to the Federal Communications Commission's (FCC)
ruling that allows spectrum licensees to enter into leasing arrangements with
other companies. The newly formed business unit will oversee the lease of spectrum
to telecommunication and wireless service providers nationwide. IDT Solutions is a
marketing arm of Winstar Holdings, LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of IDT
Corporation, (NYSE: IDT, IDT.C), a multinational carrier, telephone and technology
company.

IDT, through Winstar, is the largest holder of commercially licensed fixed
wireless spectrum in the United States, covering all 50 states. The area-wide
licenses that Winstar holds provide an average of 615 MHz of capacity in the top
200 U.S. census markets. The Winstar spectrum portfolio includes ample millimeter
wave spectrum in all major and minor markets. For example, the Company possesses
over 1750 MHz of area-wide spectrum in the New York City metro area. With leased
spectrum, telecom service providers will be able to expand and improve broadband
connectivity, high-speed Internet access and local phone services. In addition,
wireless companies can fill in cellular dead-zones, enhance existing
infrastructures, and expand their offerings to rural areas.

"The FCC decision to make spectrum more readily available through leasing is a
boon for telecommunication and wireless companies and a fantastic business
opportunity for IDT," said Jim Courter, IDT's CEO. "Companies taking advantage of
this newly available spectrum will be able to expand their telecommunications
offerings and services that will benefit both businesses and consumers."

"As one of the biggest holders of commercially licensed spectrum in the nation,
IDT will now be able to generate revenues from these assets," said Brian
Finkelstein, CEO of IDT Solutions/Winstar. "Our ability to lease spectrum
represents an additional stream of revenue that will accelerate our move towards
profitability."

IDT Solutions will launch a marketing campaign in the next 30 days to announce
pricing and leasing options available to businesses.

IDT Corporation, through its IDT Telecom, Inc. subsidiary, is a facilities-based,
multinational carrier that provides a broad range of telecommunications services
to its retail and wholesale customers worldwide. IDT Telecom, by means of its own
national telecommunications backbone and fiber optic network infrastructure,
provides its customers with integrated and competitively priced international and
domestic long distance telephony and prepaid calling cards. IDT and Liberty Media
Corporation own 95% and 5% of IDT Telecom, respectively. IDT Media, Inc. is the
IDT subsidiary principally responsible for the Company's initiatives in media, new
video technologies and print media. Winstar Holdings, LLC is the IDT subsidiary
through which we provide broadband and telephony services to commercial and
governmental customers through a fixed-wireless and fiber infrastructure. In
December 2002, we announced that the services provided by Winstar would begin to
be offered under the name "IDT Solutions."

 Net2Phone, Inc., which we reconsolidated effective August 1, 2002, is a leading
provider of high-quality global retail Voice over IP services, either directly or
via a partner.

IDT Corporation common shares trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the
ticker symbols IDT and IDT.C.
In this press release, all statements that are not purely about historical facts,
including, but not limited to, those in which we use the words "believe,"
"anticipate," "expect," "plan," "intend," "estimate, "target" and similar
expressions, are forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private
Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. While these forward-looking statements
represent our current judgment of what may happen in the future, actual results
may differ materially from the results expressed or implied by SEC Form 10-K
(under the heading "Management's Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition
and Results of Operations"), which may be revised or supplemented in subsequent
reports on SEC Forms 10-Q and 8-K. These factors include, but are not limited to,
the following not limited to, those described in our most recent report on:
potential declines in prices for our products and services; our ability to
maintain and grow our retail telecommunications services, particularly our prepaid
calling card business; availability of termination capacity; financial stability
of our customers; our ability to maintain carrier agreements with foreign
carriers; effectiveness of our marketing and distribution efforts; increased
competition, particularly from regional bell operating companies; our ability to
manage our growth; competitiveness of our Winstar subsidiary; impact of government
regulation; our ability to obtain telecommunications products or services required
for our products and services; and general economic conditions, particularly in
the telecommunications markets. We are under no obligation, and expressly disclaim
any obligation, to update the forward-looking statements in this press release,
whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.

--30--KF/ny*

http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/cb_headline.cgi?&story_file=bw.061003/231615154&directory=/google&header_file=header.htm&footer_file=

CONTACT: IDT Corporate Communications, Newark
Gil Nielsen, 973/438-4002 or 973/438-3553

KEYWORD: NEW JERSEY
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: TELECOMMUNICATIONS COMPUTERS/ELECTRONICS
GOVERNMENT
SOURCE: IDT Corporation

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 00:24:21 -0400

For those who don't know......... IDT is the "Scavenger" of the telecom world. 
IDT will swoop down on a distressed or bankrupt company and pick through their
valuable
assets leaving only bones behind. This is how IDT got Winstar. Howard Jonas,
Founder,Chmn. & Treas. of IDT started his business in Da Bronx. His 1st switch was
located in
the bathroom of an old funnel home. Today he is worth millions. Howard is one of
the
shrewdest entrepreneurs in telecom, he kicks down doors and takes no prisoners. He
make Timmy look like a Girl Scout in a skirt. 

I think he is the 1st to lease out LMDS spectrum since the FCC ruling
this should be interesting him.