Subject: [NEXTEL-1] NRECA's support of the Balanced Approach Proposal-

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 02:12:34 -0400

June 3, 2003
Ms. Marlene H. Dortch
Secretary
Federal Communications Commission
445 Twelfth Street, SW
Washington, DC 20554

RE: Improving Public Safety Communications in the 800 MHz Band and Consolidating
the 900 MHz Industrial/Land Transportation and Business Pool Channels

FCC Docket No. 02-55

Dear Secretary Dortch:

This letter is to express NRECA.s support of the Balanced Approach Proposal as the
preferable alternative to the so-called consensus plan offered in this docket. 
NRECA is the not-
for-profit, national service organization representing 930 rural electric systems,
of which at least
90 operate within the 800 MHz band.

As a signatory to the Balanced Approach Proposal, NRECA feels strongly that it
presents
a considerably more attractive approach than mandatory rebanding, and a much more
effective
solution to the interference being experienced by public safety licensees and
others in the 800
MHz band.

Throughout our comments in this proceeding, we have advocated a combination of
enhanced technical rules and private negotiations among effected licensees to
resolve specific
instances of interference rather than a needlessly complex, disruptive and costly
rebanding.
NRECA is further encouraged by Motorola.s May 6, 2003 filing that discusses
technical
solutions that could improve public safety communications in both the near and
long term.  We
encourage the Commission to more fully explore these and other possible technical
solutions.

http://svartifoss2.fcc.gov/prod/ecfs/retrieve.cgi?native_or_pdf=pdf&id_document=6514156914

Sincerely,
       /s/
Wallace F. Tillman
Vice President, Energy Policy
& General Counsel
4301 Wilson Boulevard 
 Arlington, VA 22203-1860 !
  www.nreca.org

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/