Subject: [NEXTEL-1] BAD BOY, BAD BOY, Whatcha Gonna Do When The FCC Comes For You?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 18:17:18 -0400

Before the
Federal Communications Commission
Washington, D.C. 20554

In the Matter of )
Brian N. Bloom      File No.: EB-02-TP-606
502 Derby Drive )  NAL/Acct. No. 200332700015
Altamonte Springs, Florida 32714 )   FRN 0008028706

FORFEITURE ORDER

Adopted:  June 24, 2003      Released: June 26, 2003

By the Chief, Enforcement Bureau:

1. In this Forfeiture Order (“Order”), we issue a monetary forfeiture in the
amount of ten thousand dollars ($10,000) to Brian N. Bloom (“Mr. Bloom”) for
willful violation of Section 301 of the Communications Act of 1934, as amended
(“Act”).  The noted violation involves Mr. Bloom’s operation of a radio station in
Orlando, Florida on the frequency 93.9 MHz without Commission authorization.

 2. On February 11, 2003, the District Director of the Commission’s Tampa, Florida
Field Office (“Tampa Office”) issued a Notice of Apparent Liability for Forfeiture
(“NAL”) in the amount of $10,000 to Mr. Bloom.   Mr. Bloom has not filed a
response to the NAL.  Based on the information before us, we affirm the
forfeiture.

 3. ACCORDINGLY, IT IS ORDERED THAT, pursuant to Section 503(b) of the Act,  and
Sections 0.111, 0.311 and 1.80(f)(4) of the Commission’s Rules (“Rules”),  Brian
N. Bloom IS LIABLE FOR A MONETARY FORFEITURE in the amount of $10,000 for
willfully violating Section 301 of the Act.

 4. Payment of the forfeiture shall be made in the manner provided for in Section
1.80 of the Rules within 30 days of the release of this Order.  If the forfeiture
is not paid within the period specified, the case may be referred to the
Department of Justice for collection pursuant to Section 504(a) of the Act.
Payment shall be made by mailing a check or similar instrument, payable to the
order of    the “Federal Communications Commission,” to the Federal Communications
Commission, P.O.          Box 73482, Chicago, Illinois 60673-7482.  The payment
should note NAL/Acct. No. 200332700015 and FRN 0008028706.  Requests for full
payment under an installment plan should be sent to: Chief, Revenue and
Receivables Operations Group, 445 12th Street, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20554.

 5.    IT IS FURTHER ORDERED THAT a copy of this Order shall be sent by first
class mail and certified mail, return receipt requested, to Brian N. Bloom, 209
Northridge Drive, Macon, Georgia 31220-6634.

     FEDERAL COMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION

     David H. Solomon
     Chief, Enforcement Bureau

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/