Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Excessive cell phone use irks Manteno trustees

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2003 15:35:54 -0400

Excessive cell phone use irks Manteno trustees
Scott Boehmer , The Daily Journal

June 29, 2003

Use of cell phones issued by the village of Manteno has turned into a financial
"nightmare" according to village trustee John Nelson.

Nelson shared his frustration about cell phone use at Monday's Manteno Village
Board meeting.
Cell phones were issued to 11 village employees and officials, half the number as
before under a revised contract.
Nelson said cell phones were intended to help maximize efficiency in the village.
Instead "the cost has just been much higher than anybody ever anticipated."

Under a revised contract passed about a month ago, employees and officials issued
the phones are allowed up to 250 "anytime" minutes, 500 night/weekend minutes, and
1,000 "direct connect" minutes for work related and emergency use.
The phone bills have a $43 per month base contract, but Nelson said there are a
couple of bills that are "significantly over" that amount.

"I'm getting tired of seeing these bills. Nextel (the company who offers the
village's cell phone plan) has been a nightmare as far as the financial control of
those bills, and I've had it. I don't care if people have to get their own cell
phones," Nelson said.
Everyone who was given a cell phone was supposed to sign a contract acknowledging
and agreeing to the new rules, said
trustee Gordon St. John.

"This was very specific to everyone who had one of those cell phones that this was
the criteria that they were issued with," St.
John said.

Anyone who was issued a phone and has not now signed the contract must do so or
they will lose their cell phones immediately, Nelson said.

Also, anyone who exceeds the $43 a month limit and is 30 days in arrears for
personal calls will lose their cell phone.

http://www.daily-journal.com/content/?id=29674

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/