Subject: [NEXTEL-1] McCaw in NYC Times Square Tomorrow???

From: "sparkie_rf" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 00:53:50 -0000

Is Craig McCaw going to attend the NASCAR announcement?

Will Nextel demo a new 3G + Globalstar phone?

Will MOT be the new Nextel/Globalstar mfg'er?

I saw this exchange on wirelessweek.com today:
Charlie, Chicago: Is the NASCAR-Nextel deal, the sort of affinity 
deal you have been talking about? Btw, why did the Nextwave-NASCAR 
deal falls apart?

Andy Seybold: First, Nextwave-NASCAR deal fell apart? I did not hear 
that--Digital Orchid is the company providing NASCAR content over 
ALL of the existing networks--not NextWave--and yes the NASCAR-
Nextel deal is the sort of affinity deal I have been talking about--
it will be intersting to see what happens here--the NASCAR folks are 
radio savvy lot for sure--

If fans can get NASCAR content on any phone, what's the big deal 
with Nextel all about? Doesn't seem to make anysense?

Is Nextwave, Nextel's real backup plan if the swap scam is called on 
the mat???

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 15:46:11 -0400

See below-

> Is Craig McCaw going to attend the NASCAR announcement?

I doubt it, here is why:

1) Craig is very shy.

2) He tends to stay away from large crowds

3) Craig a NASCAR fan? He prefers a more sophisticated type of auto racing,
Formula 1. In fact he collects Formula 1 cars.

> Will Nextel demo a new 3G + Globalstar phone?

Nah-
> Will MOT be the new Nextel/Globalstar mfg'er?

I bet-

> with Nextel all about? Doesn't seem to make anysense?
There is no big deal-
Can you imagine 100,000 people trying to direct connect at a race? Ha Ha Ha!

> Is Nextwave, Nextel's real backup plan if the swap scam is called on
No- Nextwave is still p**** off from the FCC & Nextel shenanigans years ago.

If it was not for Congress busting nextel they might have brought the spectrum for
a song and the "Scam Plan" would never exist.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Wireless Video Surveillance
http://us.click.yahoo.com/jWIEhC/90OGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->