Subject: [NEXTEL-1] P.R.I.D.E First to Install Dataradio's 43.2 Kbps Technology

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 09:30:19 -0400

P.R.I.D.E First to Install Dataradio's 43.2 Kbps Technology

MONTREAL, June 18, 2003 - The members of the PRIDE police cooperative are
upgrading their recently installed 180-vehicle Dataradio mobile data system from
32 to 43.2 Kbps technology. Dataradio Inc, is a leading designer, manufacturer and
integrator of private, wireless data networks. The PRIDE group (Police
Regionalised Information and Data Entry) members are the Waterloo Regional,
Brantford, Guelph and Stratford Police services all located in southern Ontario. 

Following successful production field testing of Dataradio's newest 43.2 Kbps data
rate, a fleet-wide upgrade will be done so all members of the PRIDE services will
benefit from the increased throughput of Dataradio's newest technology. 

Dataradio's latest speed increase announced this spring at IWCE includes changes
to the system message handling techniques and error correction methods that
provide users with a significant throughput increase. Dataradio's exclusive
Parallel-Decode technology assures no significant loss of radio coverage. If an
officer needs assistance, his or her exact location will be available instantly at
the dispatch centre. 

Staff Sergeant Dave Bishop, project manager for the PRIDE group, reports: "We've
been extremely impressed with the new technology delivered by Dataradio. Our data
intensive applications such as mugshots and our Intranet are now running much
faster than with our original 32 Kbps system, with no apparent loss to radio
coverage. Congratulations to Dataradio on another technological advance which will
move them even further ahead of the competition." 

http://www.dataradio.com/news_press_061803_PRIDE2.shtml

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: sparkie_rf <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 22:19:43 -0000

> P.R.I.D.E First to Install Dataradio's 43.2 Kbps Technology

Anytime I see the word "PRIDE" during the last week of June, I'm 
tramatized. 

Apparently its a time of GAY PRIDE, and heaven help you if you say 
anything against the celebrations during the festivities, like I did 
several years ago in NYC.

So please change the acronym, otherwise they may sue for ??? 
trademark infringement?