Subject: [NEXTEL-1] The Frequency Scavenger, Spectrum Grabbing, Use-It-Or-Loose, James A. Kay, Jr on 02-55

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 14:57:15 -0400

The Frequency Scavenger, Spectrum Grabbing, Use-It-Or-Loose, James A. Kay, Jr on
02-55

LAW OFFICES
ROBERT J. KELLER, P.C.

June 25, 2003
Marlene H. Dortch, Secretary
Federal Communications Commission
Washington, D.C. 20554
In re: WT Docket No. 02-55

Improving Public Safety Communications in the 800 MHz Band Dear Ms. Dortch,
Pursuant to Section 1.1206 of the Commission’s Regulations, James A. Kay, Jr.,
through legal counsel, hereby gives notice of ex parte presentations made on his
behalf in the abovereferenced proceeding.

On Tuesday, June 24, 2003, representatives of Mr. Kay1 met with the following
Commission officials and staff regarding the above-captioned matter: Commissioner
Kathleen Q.  Abernathy and her Senior Counsel, Jennifer A. Manner; Commissioner
Jonathan Adelstein and his Legal Advisor, Barry J. Ohlson; Commissioner Michael J.
Copps and his Legal Advisor, R.  Paul Margie; Wireless Telecommunications Bureau
Chief John B. Muleta and the Bureau’s Chief Economist, Walter D. Strack; Office of
Strategic Planning and Policy Analysis Chief Jane E. Mago, her Chief of Staff,
Maureen C. McLaughlin, and the Office’s Senior Economist, Evan Kwerel.

The parties discussed market-based alternatives to the proposal of the so-called
Consensus Parties in the above-captioned proceeding. The substance of the matters
discussed are set forth in the attached written presentation which was provided to
the above-named Commission personnel.

Very truly yours,
/s/ Robert J. Keller
Robert J. Keller

1 These were the undersigned legal counsel for Mr. Kay, Robert J. Keller; Andrew
C. Barrett (Managing Director of
The Barrett Group); and Lee L. Selwyn and Helen E. Golding (President and Vice
President, Respectively, of Economics and Technology, Inc.).

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/