Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel Goes Nationwide With MetaSolv Network Resource Management

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 07:47:20 -0400

Nextel Goes Nationwide With MetaSolv Network Resource
Management

June 11, 2003 6:00am

PLANO, Texas, June 11 /PRNewswire/ -- MetaSolv Software, Inc., a global leader in
communications
management solutions for next-generation and traditional networks and services,
today announced that
Reston, Va.-based Nextel Communications has completed a nationwide implementation
of MetaSolv's
network resource management solution. Nextel is using MetaSolv to manage its
network and circuit
inventory, including the backbone telecommunications network over which Nextel
delivers innovative
packet-based voice, messaging, and office productivity services to millions of end
user customers.

"MetaSolv's proven inventory solution
enables us to plan and purchase
network capacity in a cost effective
manner helping to generate significant
operational savings," said Iyad Tarazi,
vice president of network engineering,
for Nextel. "In a constantly changing
environment, the MetaSolv software
helps us optimize our network
resources while maintaining the
highest level of customer service."

With MetaSolv's inventory and order
management capabilities as a key
component of its operations support
system (OSS), Nextel is achieving a
significant reduction in operating
costs, primarily as a result of more effective network grooming and capacity
planning. In addition, the
MetaSolv software helped streamline order management processes for Nextel's leased
network,
reducing costs associated with managing approximately 2,000 orders per month
across 11 different
Incumbent Local Exchange Carriers.

"MetaSolv is delivering to Nextel what all service providers need from their OSS
software solutions: real
business results and fast ROI," said David Sharpley, executive vice president
marketing, MetaSolv.
"MetaSolv is helping Nextel better optimize network resources by creating a single
database of record
and implementing standardized business processes across their nationwide network."

The solution Nextel uses is part of MetaSolv's comprehensive portfolio of OSS
solutions, which includes
advanced capabilities for subscriber and service provisioning, network data
collection, and service quality
management. With more than 170 global service provider customers, of which more
than 115 are using
its network resource management products, MetaSolv is the recognized industry
leader in network
resource management solutions. MetaSolv's comprehensive capabilities include
support for multi-vendor,
multi-service networks including packet voice, DSL, IPVPN, Gigabit Ethernet,
VLANs, optical
wavelengths, wireless (2.5G/3G infrastructure, WLANs), voice, ATM/FR, and TDM
pipes.

About MetaSolv

MetaSolv, Inc. (Nasdaq: MSLV) is a leading, global provider of comprehensive
service fulfillment software
solutions for communications service providers. MetaSolv's advanced operations
support system (OSS)
solutions integrate and automate key operational processes and functions,
including service and
subscriber provisioning, network resource management, network data collection, and
service quality
management. More than 170 global fixed-line and mobile operators -- including BT,
Brasil Telecom,
Cable & Wireless, Nextel, T-Mobile, Telstra, Vodafone, and others -- use
MetaSolv's products and
services to achieve increased revenues, reduced costs, and enhanced customer
service. MetaSolv is a
global company, headquartered in Plano, Texas, with regional offices in Toronto,
Ottawa, London,
Sophia- Antipolis, France, Rio de Janeiro, and other key global cities. MetaSolv's
web site is
www.metasolv.com .

MetaSolv is a registered trademark. The MetaSolv logo and MetaSolv Solution are
trademarks of
MetaSolv Software, Inc. All other trademarks are property of their respective
owners.

http://hoovnews.hoovers.com/fp.asp?layout=query_displaynews&q=NEXTEL&so=&dc=&ro=&ed=&sd=&s=1&boldtext=NEXTEL&sym=&doc_id=NR200306111680.2_731400166a9c83ae
-- 
  		"NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
		Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

		"NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

		"WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
 	   The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/