Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Loral Skynet Names Marcelo Sant'Anna General Manager of Loral Skynet

From: "marcel_rf1" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 12:32:09 -0000

Loral Skynet Names Marcelo Sant'Anna General
Manager of Loral Skynet do Brasil
Source: Business Wire
Publication date: 2003-06-09

BEDMINSTER, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--June 9, 2003--Loral Skynet, a 
subsidiary of Loral Space & Communications (NYSE:LOR), today announced 
that Marcelo Sant'Anna has been named general manager of Loral Skynet 
do Brasil.

In this position, Mr. Sant'Anna will be responsible for managing Loral 
Skynet do Brasil's sales and marketing activities in Rio de Janeiro, 
Brazil.  Mr. Sant'Anna will report to Bob Hedinger, executive vice 
president, sales, marketing and client services, Loral Skynet.  Mr. 
Sant'Anna, 36, most recently was general manager of Latin America for 
Terayon Communications Systems Inc., a terrestrial-based broadband 
equipment supplier, where he was responsible for business development 
and strategic marketing.

Before joining Terayon, Mr. Sant'Anna gained a variety of experience 
in both satellite and fiber services working for NEC do Brazil and 
Alcatel.

According to Hedinger, "The Latin American market has created a demand 
for satellite services that Loral Skynet do Brasil is positioned to 
meet with the upcoming launch of the Estrela do Sul 1 satellite. Mr.  
Sant'Anna's depth of experience in the satellite and 
telecommunications industries will provide strong in-country 
leadership for Loral's services in Brazil and Latin America."

Mr. Sant'Anna earned his MBA from Business School Sao Paulo, a masters 
in marketing administration from Instituto Paulista de Ensino e 
Pesquisa and a bachelor's degree in telecommunication and electrical 
engineering from the National Institute of Telecommunication.  Loral 
Skynet do Brasil, Ltd., a wholly owned subsidiary of Loral Space & 
Communications, is the first private Brazilian satellite company 
offering Ku-band services, formed primarily to address opportunities 
in the fixed satellite services market in Brazil and South America.

Loral Skynet do Brasil's first satellite, Estrela do Sul 1, will be 
launched later this year into Brazil's 63 degrees West longitude 
orbital slot. The company has a ground station in Rio de Janiero that 
will provide tracking, telemetry, and control and access management 
from in-country technical staff. Loral Skynet do Brasil has access to 
a global fleet of satellites and terrestrial resources through the 
Loral Global Alliance.

A pioneer in the satellite industry, Loral Skynet continues to deliver 
the superior service quality and range of satellite solutions that 
have made it an industry leader for more than 40 years. Through the 
broad coverage of the Telstar and Loral Global Alliance satellite 
fleets, and in combination with its established hybrid VSAT/fiber 
global network infrastructure, Skynet offers a unique, single source 
for all broadcast, data network, Internet access, IP and systems 
integration needs. Headquartered in Bedminster, New Jersey, Skynet is 
dedicated to providing secure, high-quality connectivity and 
communications. For more information, visit www.loralskynet.com.

In addition to being the parent company of Loral Skynet, Loral Space
&
Communications is a world-class leader in the design and manufacture 
of satellites and satellite systems for commercial and government 
applications through its Space Systems/Loral subsidiary. For more 
information, visit www.loral.com.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/