Subject: [mobile-ip] multiple home addresses bound to the same c/o address

From: Ramin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 15:14:47 -0700

In Mobile IPv6, can a mobile node with a single c/o address send 
multiple binding updates that requests different home address (with the 
same prefix) to be mapped to the same c/o address  and expect the home 
agent to maintain all of the mappings?
For example, the HA would tunnel packets destined for both 
"home_address_1" and "home_address_2" to the same c/o address.

I couldn't find anything in the draft that precludes it.

Thanks,

-Ramin

---

From: Francis Dupont <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 00:28:01 +0200

=> this is a possible situation. This can happen when the home site
has several prefixes (so there are several home addresses) but the
visited site has only one global prefix.

Regards

[email-masked]

---

From: Ramin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 18:15:32 -0700

I guess this (i.e., multiple home address to a single c/o address 
binding) should be allowed also in the case that the home addresses have 
the _same_ prefix?

Thanks,

-Ramin

 >Ramin wrote:
multiple binding updates that requests different home address (with the 
same prefix) to be mapped to the same c/o address  >and expect the home 
agent to maintain all of the mappings?

---

From: Francis Dupont <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 14:09:41 +0200

k=> yes, there is no restriction for global addresses.

Regards