Subject: [NEXTEL-1] FCC Chairman Supports President's Spectrum Policy Initiative.

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2003 18:42:26 -0400

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE	NEWS MEDIA CONTACT:
June 5, 2003	David Fiske: (202) 418-0513

FCC Chairman Supports President's
Spectrum Policy Initiative

Washington, D.C.-Federal Communication Commission Chairman Michael K. Powell
expressed his strong support for the spectrum policy reform and modernization
initiative launched by the Executive Memorandum issued today by the President.

"The radio spectrum is a key driver of economic growth, and supports an array of
devices, applications and services Americans have come to depend upon - from
radars used in our national defense to tele-medicine, from mobile phones to the
public safety radios used by our first responders," said Chairman Powell.

"President Bush's Executive Memorandum recognizes the importance of spectrum as an
economic engine and underscores his commitment to putting spectrum to its highest
and best use for the American people.   I congratulate Commerce Secretary Don
Evans, Deputy Secretary Sam Bodman and Assistant Secretary Nancy Victory on their
vision and leadership in championing this groundbreaking initiative to reassess
the federal government's spectrum policy approach.  I look forward to continuing
to work with the Commerce Department and the rest of the Administration on these
important issues," he said.

- FCC -

-- 
  		"NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
		Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

		"NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

		"WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
 	   The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/