Subject: [mobile-ip] UbiComp 2003 Workshops

From: Mike Hazas - UbiComp 2003 <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 18:23:33 +0100

Workshops to be held in conjunction with the Fifth International
Conference on Ubiquitous Computing (UbiComp 2003, Seattle, October
12-15) are now accepting submissions.  All workshops will be held on
Sunday, October 12 at the conference hotel.  Unless otherwise noted,
submissions will be accepted until Friday, August 8, and notifications
of accepted submissions will be sent by Friday, August 22.  The
deadline for early advance registration will be Friday, August 29
(more information on the conference hotel and conference registration
will be posted on the web site soon).

Please note that, unlike UbiComp 2002, prospective workshop attendees
require an invitation from the workshop organizers based on acceptance
of submitted position papers or explicit request.  Upon acceptance,
attendees will need to explicitly register for the workshop, which
will include a separate workshop fee, in addition to registering for
the main conference.

Workshop titles and organizers are listed below.  Prospective authors
are encouraged to visit the updated Workshop Call for Participation at
the UbiComp 2003 web site (www.ubicomp.org), and/or visit individual
workshop homepages (listed below and at the UbiComp 2003 web site).

General questions about the workshops can be addressed to the Workshop
Chair (Michael Beigl, [email-masked]); specific questions
about any individual workshop should be directed to the organizer(s)
of the workshop.

Sincerely,

Mike Hazas
UbiComp 2003 Publicity Chair
[email-masked]

--------------------------------

UbiComp 2003 workshops:

W1 UbiComp Education: Current Status and Future Directions
Organizers: Gregory D. Abowd (Georgia Tech, USA), Gaetano Borriello
  (University of Washington, USA), Gerd Kortuem (Lancaster University,
  UK)
URL: http://ubicomp.lancs.ac.uk/workshops/education03/

W2 Location-Aware Computing
Organizers: Mike Hazas (Lancaster University, UK), James Scott (Intel
  Research, Cambridge, UK), John Krumm (Microsoft Research, Redmond,
  USA)
URL: http://research.microsoft.com/workshops/UbiLoc03/

W3 Ubiquitous Computing for Pervasive Healthcare Applications
Organizers: Jakob Bardram (University of Aarhus, Denmark), Ilkka
  Korhonen (VTT Information Technology, Finland), Alex Mihailidis
  (Simon Fraser University, Canada), Dadong Wan (Accenture Technology
  Labs, USA)
URL: http://www.pervasivehealthcare.dk/ubicomp2003/

W4 Security in Ubiquitous Computing
Organizers: Joachim Posegga (SAP Corporate Research, Germany), Philip
  Robinson (U. of Karlsruhe/TecO, Germany), Narendar Shankar (University
  of Maryland, USA), Harald Vogt (ETH ZŸrich, Switzerland)
URL: http://www.inf.ethz.ch/vs/events/ubicomp2003sec/

W5 Multi-Device Interfaces for Ubiquitous Peripheral Interaction
Organizers: Loren Terveen (University of Minnesota, USA), Charles
  Isbell (Georgia Tech, USA), Brian Amento (AT&T Labs, USA)
URL: http://www.cs.umn.edu/~terveen/ubicomp2003.html

W6 UbiComp Communities: Privacy as Boundary Negotiation
Organizers: John Canny (University of California, USA), Scott
  Mainwaring (Intel Research, USA), Paul Dourish (University of
  California, USA), Jens Grossklags (University of California, USA),
  Xiaodong Jiang (University of California, USA)

W7 At the Crossroads: The Interaction of HCI and Systems Issues in
  UbiComp
Organizers: Brad Johanson (Stanford University, USA), Jan Borchers
  (ETH ZŸrich, Switzerland), Bernt Schiele (ETH ZŸrich, Switzerland),
  Peter Tandler (IPSI Darmstadt, Germany), Keith Edwards (Palo Alto
  Research Center, USA)
URL: http://graphics.stanford.edu/~bjohanso/hci-systems

W8 UbiSys: System Support for Ubiquitous Computing
Organizers: Roy Campbell (University of Illinois, USA), Armando Fox
  (Stanford University, USA), Manuel Roman (DoCoMo Labs, USA), Christian
  Becker (University of Stuttgart, Germany), Paul Chou (IBM T.J. Watson
  Research Center, USA), Adrian Friday (Lancaster University, UK)
URL: http://ciae.cs.uiuc.edu/ubisys/

W9 Ubiquitous Systems for Supporting Social Interaction and
  Face-to-Face Communication in Public Spaces
Organizers: Rick Borovoy (nTAG, LLC), Harry Brignull (The Interact
  Lab, COGS, University of Sussex, UK), Volodymyr Kindratenko (National
  Center for Supercomputing Applications, UIUC, USA), Alex Lightman
  (Charmed Technology, USA), Norbert Streitz (Fraunhofer IPSI, Germany)
URL: http://www.dynamo-interactive.com/ubicomp03/

W10 Intimate Ubiquitous Computing
Organizers: Genevieve Bell (Intel Research, USA), Tim Brooke (FX Palo
  Alto Lab, USA), Elizabeth Churchill (FX Palo Alto Lab, USA), Eric
  Paulos (Intel Research, USA)
URL: http://www.intimateornot.com/

W11 Ubiquitous Commerce
Organizers: George Roussos (University of London, UK), Anatole
  Gershman (Accenture Technology Labs, USA), Panos Kourouthanassis
  (Athens University, Greece)
URL: http://www.dcs.bbk.ac.uk/~gr/u-commerce/

W12 Artificial Intelligence in Mobile System (AIMS)
Organizers: Antonio KrŸger (Saarland University, Germany), Rainer
  Malaka (Europian Media Lab, Germany)
URL: http://w5.cs.uni-sb.de/~krueger/aims2003/