Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Who's The Dummy?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 15:07:13 -0400

Sony Ericsson "dummy" phones stolen from JFK airport
June 13 11:38:00, 2003

NEW YORK-Sony Ericcson said that 25,000 of its mobile phones were stolen from the
John F. Kennedy Airport Thursday night. "What the thieves did not know is that
they were dummy display phones," said Andrea Iraheta, spokeswoman for the company.
The phones, which were stacked next to "valuable pharmaceutical products," were
designed for promotions. Iraheta said that had the display phones been actual
handsets, the loss would be $5 million.
http://rcrnews.com/cgi-bin/news.pl?newsId=13884

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: "sparkie_rf" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 21:07:43 -0000

> they were dummy display phones," said Andrea Iraheta, spokeswoman 

Thats a great idea!!!

Now if they'll fill the phones with those exploding ink packs, it'll 
be really easy to the culprits. "Yeah, I'm sure we got the guy, he's 
got a huge ink blot on the side of his face." "Hey get a photo for 
the TV show, America's Dumbest Criminals!!!"

Come to thing of it laptop mfgs might want it on this action. With 
wireless networks, when some bastard steals a laptop, I can call my 
laptop erase my harddrive and then squirt ink out of the embedded 
camera above the LCD.