Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Re: Nextel pays $700 million to sponsor NASCAR

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2003 23:48:28 -0400

-------- Original Message --------
From: Jack Daniel <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re:  Nextel pays $700 million to sponsor NASCAR

Ha ha

If you look at some other Nextel 'promises' you can't seriously think
public safety would REALLY get much more than a fraction of the $850
million in the long run.

What isn't clear are all the strings associated with their promises of
money.

If they don't get de facto sole control of the disposition of the money
AND every detail of the retuning program isn't concisely adhered to,
they can bail out and leave everyone else stuck with the tab. 

They know (and everyone else should too) that no matter what is agreed
to NOW will have to be altered in some way once the program is locked
into play.
It is impossible to foresee every detail at this point. 

If you've ever done large projects, this is what's called a "Change
Order".
A change order simply says we didn't specify something that we now have
to do, so.... let's re-negotiate the terms of the original
specifications and the associated costs. That's where the customer (i.e.
public safety) can get hosed! 

There will be a firm time schedule for each 'retuning' task to be
completed and many rely on timely local government approvals. We all
know how uncontrollable that is! It could take just one jerk local
politician seeking some personal gain to cause the whole house of cards
called 'retuning' to collapse. 

Missing the retuning time schedule could be sufficient grounds for
Nextel (and others) to abort or delay payments to everyone. 

And the way business gets done now days doesn't exclude secretly
orchestrating
a schedule problem. What's the penalty if it was done anyway; you have
to honor the original agreement? ha ha. 

It already appears, based on the Denver scenario, those who get priority
for Nextel funds are those who sign up for Nextel service and support
Nextel's other programs. And as Alan T. says; I would do the same way if
I could.

And none of this would be illegal.

But I may be wrong........
Jack Daniel
==================================================

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: "sparkie_rf" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 05:20:17 -0000

> From: Jack Daniel <JackDaniel@R...>

which makes Nextel's request (er, DEMAND) that they be given the 
1900mhz block right up front, no questions asked, all the more 
galling. Nobody is born this brazen, they must have a special in-
house training (er. corruption) program. Has anybody here been thur 
it? Does anybody been de-programmed and reintroduced into the 
general population?

If only the FCC had a brain, they would disallow use of the 1900mhz 
block until the WHOLE transition was complete.

Vaporlock on that timmyboy!!!