Subject: [mobile-ip] new iesg comments

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 22:57:37 +0300

Hello,

The new versions of the drafts have entered the IESG, and we
have gotten some comments. Things are looking very good for
the base draft, unless someone invents new problems. On the
ha-ipsec we still have one open issue, not sure yet how hard
it is to resolve.

One issue in the base was about the use of HMAC fields, and
we were able to convince the IESG that it is already in
order. Another issue was about the status of automatic key
management. We have agreed in principle about what to do, namely
to add a few special cases where the use of IKE is required (it
still stays optional for the general case). I have proposed text
but the text hasn't been approved yet. A third issue is the one
on ha-ipsec. It is about the API requirement for moving SAs
for RR protection. This issue is still open, but I think
the plan of the authors is to convince the IESG that there's
some knowingly taken WG decisions behind the API requirement,
and that the requirement is not that tough, considering all
things. A fourth issue is about the text in ha-ipsec about
replay/reorder protection. Text has been suggested and
accepted for fixing this issue.

As usual, the issues have been listed at

   http://www.piuha.net/~jarkko/publications/mipv6/MIPv6-Issues.html

I have also updated the issue list regarding other issues
that have come up. In addition to the two ones that have
been discussed on the list, I have gotten personal e-mail
about one bug in the rule for the K bit when manual keying
is in use.

--Jari