Subject: [NEXTEL-1] FW: [kd4raa-repeater] PTT

From: "Todd Ellis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 06:46:50 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: Danny Musten [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, June 23, 2003 8:47 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [kd4raa-repeater] PTT

Boy, this has stirred a bees nest.  You would not believe the confused,
angry, uneducated responses that I have been forwarded on this thing.  Come
on folks !

This is a trademark on MARKETING. It's not a trademark to prevent everyone
from calling the "release to listen" switch on their radio the "PTT
switch".. More than likely designed to keep SPRINT, VERIZON, etc. from
marketing their upcoming two-way radio features as "push to talk" or
"walkie-talkie" both of which are trademarks ... and certainly does not mean
that you have to pay Nextel royalties because your portable two-way radio
has a PTT button.

To end the thread on this list - I'll take the casual advise of one returned
email and PISS...  Push in Say Something.
DM

-----Original Message-----
From: John N4SHX [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, June 20, 2003 9:38 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [kd4raa-repeater] PTT

One of mine has something called VOX.....What do I do now? John N4SHX
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Mark Gibson
  To: [email-masked]
  Sent: Friday, June 20, 2003 7:01 PM
  Subject: RE: [kd4raa-repeater] PTT

  I will collect all the radios with PTT on them if anyone wants to turn
them
  into me.
    -----Original Message-----
    From: Danny Musten [mailto:[email-masked]]
    Sent: Friday, June 20, 2003 4:30 PM
    To: Kd4raa-Repeater Group
    Subject: [kd4raa-repeater] PTT

    Forwarded frm WW4M:

    Nextel today announced that they have been granted trademark and
    registration
    for "Push To Talk" and  "PTT".

http://www.corporate-ir.net/ireye/ir_site.zhtml?ticker=nxtl&script=410&layou
    t=-6&item_id=424319

    >From now on, I suppose we are gonna have to use  MTS - "mash to speak"

    RAA

    [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
                ADVERTISEMENT

    To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email-masked]

    Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.

  [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

  To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
  [email-masked]

  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
[email-masked]

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
[email-masked]

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/