Subject: [NEXTEL-1] WLAN competition hotspots up in the Alps

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 16:44:06 -0400

WLAN competition hotspots up in the Alps
23/06/2003
Editor: David

After Swisscom Eurospot recently announced ambitions to
conquer half of Europes hotspots, competitors are warning
that the Swiss telco can expect tough competition from other
WLAN providers, even in its own back yard

Switzerland's second largest mobile operator, TDC
Switzerland, is ganging up with number two wireless internet
service provider (WISP), Monzoon, to offer a public wireless
services from the autumn.

Though Monzoon currently operates only 24 live hotspots in
Switzerland compared to Swisscom Eurospots's figure of
about 100, the WISP has worked its way into key locations,
such as Zurich Airport, and expects the partnership will be up
to about 70 hotspots by the end of the year.

TDC Switzerland, operating under the brand name Sunrise,
will be responsible for providing marketing to the scheme.
With a Sunrise's customer base extending to 2.6m people
and with roaming agreements already struck up with WISPs
outside of Switzerland, this could be the start of something
big.

HotSpot WiFi Event, 26 June 2003, Amsterdam

Van Dusseldorp en Hotspot.nl organiseren op 26
Juni in het Okura hotel in Amsterdam een dag over
Wi-fi ontwikkelingen in Nederland. Het Hotspot event
biedt een overzicht van de ontwikkelingen in
Nederlandse markt, een blik op de toekomst, en een
eerste zicht op toepassingen

http://www.europemedia.net/shownews.asp?ArticleID=16804

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/