Subject: [NEXTEL-1] New Leadership Elected at UTC Telecom 2003

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2003 18:29:30 -0400

New Leadership Elected at UTC Telecom 2003 

Jim Stahl, Lead - Mobile Communications at PacifiCorp, was elected as Chairman of
the UTC Board of Directors last month at UTC Telecom 2003, the Association's
Annual Conference and Exposition, in Houston. Stahl was elected to a one-year term
and succeeds Bernard Jacob as Chair. Jacob, Director of Information Security and
Program Management for Southern Company, will serve as the Immediate-Past Chairman
and as Chairman of the Forward Planning Committee. Stahl has over two decades of
experience in telecom with PacifiCorp. He is currently responsible for the
management of PacifiCorp's extensive wireless voice and data network that serves
the company's six state coverage area. 

Also elected at the UTC Annual Membership Meeting was Ken Campbell, Senior Network
Consultant at American Electric Power, in Fort Wayne, Indiana as Vice Chairman.
Campbell has served as Director of UTC's Regional Division and has just completed
a two-year term as Sectary/Treasurer. Jeff Selman, Manager of Telecom & Protection
Engineering for Tri-State Generation and Transmission in Denver, Colorado was
elected as Secretary/Treasurer. 

View the complete list of the current UTC Board of Directors at
http://www.utc.org/index.v3page?p=75

UTC Research 
Releases Wi-Fi for Utilities Report 

Wireless Fidelity, or Wi-Fi, has emerged as one of the hottest topics in telecom
over the last year. Wi-Fi access in increasingly becoming standard issue in
consumer electronics, and the number of Wi-Fi hotspots in the U.S. is expected to
climb dramatically over the next few years. The ease and affordability of
deployment has made the technology a highly touted network access solution for
households, coffee shops, airports, hotels - and even utilities! UTC Research's
new "Wi-Fi for Utilities" report provides insights into this powerful new
technology and considers its applications in a utility setting. From a technical
overview of the technology to deployment considerations and instructive case
studies, this new UTC Research report is essential for the utility telecom
professional seeking to stay on top of this rapidly growing technology. 

More Information on this valuable resource at  http://www.utc.org/?p=18405

UTC Research Launches
 2003 Broadband Power Line Business Case Study 

UTC has teamed up with the Shpigler Group to update the 2002 Power Line Business
Opportunity Study in the '2003 UTC Broadband Power Line Business Case Study'. The
study was formally announced at UTC Telecom 2003 in Houston, Texas and additional
details were provided during a conference call on May 14th. The study will be
tailored to varying levels of detail in three different versions. There will be a
basic overview report that covers the industry, the competition, the regulatory
issues and the options for utilities. A syndicated study will build on the
information in the basic report and provide an assessment of the business
implications of the various technologies on different utility infrastructures, as
well as the detailed regulatory and game theoretical issues for a commercial BPL
rollout. Finally there will be a customized report that would be tailored to a
utility's specific market and which will include a one-day session, devoted to the
utility, given at either the of
 fice of the utility, or UTC. 

More Information at http://www.utc.org/index.v3page?p=29547

Source:
http://www.utc.org/

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/