Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Cellular Telecommunications & Internet Association On 02-55

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 01:39:39 -0400

Cellular Telecommunications & Internet Association

June 11, 2003
Ms. Marlene H. Dortch
Secretary
Federal Communications Commission
445 12th Street, SW
12th Street Lobby, TW-A325
Washington, D.C. 20554

Re: Ex Parte Notice – WT Docket No. 02-55

Improving Public Safety Communications in the 800 MHz Band
Dear Ms. Dortch:

Attached please find an ex parte written submission in the above-referenced
docket. The document originally was submitted to the Commission on May 29, 2003,
by the 800 MHz User Coalition, a broad cross-section of users of the 800 MHz band.
As noted in that filing, additional parties were expected to join the Coalition.
The Cellular Telecommunications & Internet Association (“CTIA”), along with
Cingular Wireless and Verizon Wireless, now join the 800 MHz User Coalition in
support of an alternative proposal to the so-called “Consensus Plan” being
considered by the Commission.

CTIA, Verizon Wireless and Cingular Wireless believe that the 800 MHz User
Coalition’s proposal will provide a more effective solution to the 800 MHz problem
than other options. It is a proactive and effective approach that is much less
expensive and less burdensome than other options now before the Commission.
Additionally, the 800 MHz User Coalition proposal confirms that no spectrum
giveaway in the 1.9 GHz band is necessary to solve interference issues in the 800
MHZ band.

The “Balanced Approach” developed by the 800 MHz User Coalition consists of three
sections: a statement of principles; a set of specific procedures for identifying
and eliminating interference to incumbent users; and suggested specific changes to
the technical rules for the 806-824/851-869 MHz frequency band to prevent future
harmful interference to Public Safety and other licensees operating in the
band.This Notice is being filed pursuant to Section 1.1206 of the Commission's
Rules. If there are any questions concerning this matter, please do not hesitate
to contact me.

Sincerely,

Diane Cornell

http://svartifoss2.fcc.gov/prod/ecfs/retrieve.cgi?native_or_pdf=pdf&id_document=6514182364

ST

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: Rick Parrish <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 05:53:36 -0500

Darn! I've been asleep again ... since when did the "I" stand for
"Internet" in CTIA ?

-rick

[email-masked] wrote:

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.