Subject: [mobile-ip] F-HMIPv6 I-D

From: "Seok Joo Koh" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 09:45:12 +0900

Hello all,

The revised I-D on Fast Handover for HMIPv6 (F-HMIPv6) is now uploaded at
(It will also be updated on the IETF I-D list soon.)

http://ectp.etri.re.kr/~sjkoh/mobileip/draft-jung-mobileip-fastho-hmipv6-01.txt

F-HMIPv6 mainly aims at identifyng a reasonable approach for fast handover in HMIPv6 networks,
which may possibly be based on the HMIPv6 features (e.g., data tunnel between MAP and MN).
I think the F-HMIPv6 could evolve, as per the FMIPv6 and HMIPv6 enhancements.

Any comments or views on that will be welcome.

The brief Abstract is below:

    This document addresses Fast Handover over HMIPv6 networks. A simple 
    integration of FMIPv6 with HMIPv6 may induce unnecessary processing 
    overhead for re-tunneling at the previous Access Router and 
    inefficient usage of network bandwidth. This document describes the 
    Fast Handover for HMIPv6 (F-HMIPv6), which is designed to be friendly 
    with the data transport feature of HMIPv6. In F-HMIPv6, the Mobile 
    Nodes inform the MAP about its movement anticipation and thus the bi-
    directional tunnels for fast handover are established between MAP and 
    NAR, not between PAR and NAR. The F-HMIPv6 scheme utilizes the 
    existing FMIPv6 messages, without defining any new control messages.  

Seok J. Koh
ETRI