Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Heavy Hitter Joins interWAVE as President & Chief Executive Officer

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2003 02:11:53 -0400

Ericsson Executive to Join interWAVE as President & Chief Executive Officer

June 5, 2003 7:01am

MENLO PARK, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--June 5, 2003--interWAVE® Communications
International Ltd. (Nasdaq: IWAV), a Silicon Valley-based pioneer in compact
wireless communications systems, today announced that Ericsson (Nasdaq: ERICY)
executive Erwin Leichtle has joined interWAVE as its president and chief executive
officer and member of its board of directors. Leichtle joins interWAVE following a
successful term as vice president and general manager of Ericsson's Eastern Europe
and Central Asia regions, a $600 million unit. 

Advertisement: Explore Within This Space 

Leichtle brings to interWAVE 31 years of experience working in telecom companies
-- Motorola (NYSE: MOT), Ericsson, and Compania Nacional de Telefonos in Chile.
Prior to working with Ericsson's Eastern Europe and Central Asian division,
Leichtle was vice president and general manager for Strategic Accounts and global
account executive for the WorldCom account, and reported to the CEO of Ericsson
North America -- a $4 billion company. In this position, Leichtle grew the
WorldCom account to $500 million in sales and built Ericsson's first global sales
unit, which included account responsibilities for WorldCom U.S., Mexico, Brazil,
Europe and Asia-Pacific. 

William E. Gibson, chairman of interWAVE's executive committee, commented, "We
believe Erwin significantly strengthens the company's management team as it drives
toward growth and profitability. For interWAVE to attract an executive like Erwin,
a professional who possesses the industry experience and background of success,
speaks well of interWAVE's potential and status within the industry. As the United
States emerges from the war in Iraq, and as the world economy begins to recover,
interWAVE stands poised for growth. Our offerings continue to represent the ideal
solution for rapidly deployed, readily scalable and affordable cellular wireless
solutions for developing communities. Leichtle's experience will prove invaluable
as we look to grow revenues and achieve profitability

http://hoovnews.hoovers.com/fp.asp?layout=displaynews&doc_id=NR20030605290.2_de980017e977b83a&ticker=MOT&l=ticker_news&sym=MOT&s=1

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/