Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Re: Nextel PD's

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 19:44:02 -0400

-------- Original Message --------
   From: Steve Hammond
Subject: Re:  Nextel PD's

I'm going to bring this back on-topic for a minute.

Not pointing fingers at anyone but I wonder how many of the folks that really
dislike Nextel, especially in light of the NASCAR announcement, dislike Nextel
because they can't get it on a scanner?  I know it irritates me when something
good is going down and someone says call me on the Nextel.

I really disliked them for years but it was more the fault of one of their
"Authorized Agents" instead of Nextel Corporate.

As far as the money, they must have some hidden somewhere.  If they can spend the
amount of money they are spending on the NASCAR thing they've got some cash.  And
with large government contracts almost any bank will loan them money.  However, if
they don't expand and improve their system those government contracts won't last
long.

I do agree that it should not be a primary radio for any Public Service Agency.
It's not ready for that.  But it does make a half-way decent solution to
interoperability.  When someone comes out with a bullet-proof solution that most
jurisdictions can afford I would predict a giant sucking sound caused by the folks
that will leave Nextel.  However, with the implementation of Nationwide Direct
Connect, it will be a hard act to beat for the money.

Somebody must like them.  You can't go anywhere hardly anymore without hearing the
Chirp-Chirp.

Mike - If you would like for us to cease and desist please jump in.

Thanks,
Steve

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/