Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Pharos Develops New GPS Navigation Device

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 17:54:32 -0400

Pharos Develops New GPS Navigation Device

Pharos Science & Applications is set to launch its iGPS-BT, a pocket
GPS navigator with Bluetooth wireless technology that supports
Windows Mobile 2003 software. The service will allow automobile drivers
to connect the GPS system to their Pocket PC, set a route, and be on
their way. 

The device is equipped with a 30-foot range and therefore it
could be placed virtually anywhere in a car. Once hooked up, the GPS
navigator could provide detailed street-level maps, locate addresses and
intersections as well as perform a search including various points of
interest along a specified route. The product is now available and costs
$369.95

==============================================================================================================
Pharos Announces Pocket GPS Navigator with Bluetooth Wireless Technology for
Windows Mobile 2003 Software for Pocket PCs

Business Editors/High-Tech Writers

TORRANCE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--June 23, 2003--Pharos Science & Applications
Inc.:

-- New iGPS-BT allows users to turn any Bluetooth-enabled Windows
Mobile-based device into a portable navigation system
providing unparalleled voice prompted, turn by turn navigation
guidance to any destination

Pharos Science & Applications Inc., a leading provider of portable navigation and
location-based services for mobile devices, today announced that its Pocket GPS
Navigator with Bluetooth wireless technology supports Windows Mobile 2003
software, the newest Microsoft software for Pocket PCs and Smartphones. The
iGPS-BT is also the first navigation kit for Windows Mobile-based devices to
include a modular Bluetooth GPS receiver design.

"With the iGPS-BT wireless GPS receiver, drivers can quickly and easily connect
the GPS to their Pocket PC, set a route, and be on their way -- no cable hook-ups
needed, and no jangled mess of cords to obstruct the dashboard and instrument
panel. The compact and highly sensitive Bluetooth wireless module has a 30-foot
range, letting the driver position the GPS receiver virtually anywhere in the
vehicle," said Andy Wang, Pharos Vice President.

With digital maps, a vast points-of-interest library, intelligent route
calculation and precise vehicle navigation guidance (both visual and audio), the
Pocket GPS Navigator kit gives drivers everything that more expensive, in-vehicle
navigation systems do, at a fraction of the price. Drivers can easily access
detailed street-level maps, locate any address or intersection within the mapped
area, and search from hundreds of thousands of points of interests across the U.S.

"No more fumbling with handheld maps, and no more stopping to ask for directions
in the middle of the night in neighborhoods you don't know," Wang said.

The iGPS-BT can also be connected to mobile devices via a CompactFlash slot,
serial cable or USB cable, in addition to its Bluetooth wireless connection
capability. The Pharos Ostia navigation software packaged with the Pocket GPS
Navigator gives people the flexibility of turning not only Windows Mobile-based
devices such as Pocket PCs and Smartphones, but also laptops and Tablet PCs into
convenient navigation systems, he noted.

"The introduction of the Pharos Pocket GPS Navigator with Bluetooth wireless
technology enhances the Pocket PC experience by allowing users to easily navigate
their way around town," said Mary Rose Becker, group manager for the Mobile
Devices Division at Microsoft Corp. "As a member of Microsoft's Mobility Partner
Advisory Council, Pharos has pioneered the consumer navigation market, and the
Pocket GPS Navigator is another example of its leadership in using Microsoft
technology."

The Pharos Pocket GPS Navigator with Bluetooth wireless technology (PT200) is
available now for a suggested retail price of $369.95 (U.S. dollars).

About Pharos

Founded in 1998 and based in Torrance, Calif., Pharos Science & Applications, Inc.
is a leading provider of personal and portable navigation and location-based
services for a variety of markets. Pharos is a charter member of the Microsoft
Mobility Partner Advisory Council (MPAC). Its products are sold through a network
of leading national retail locations and online stores including Dell,
MobilePlanet, CompUSA, Office Depot, Fry's Electronics, SkyMall, Toshiba and
others. For more information, visit www.pharosgps.com.

The Pocket GPS Navigator is a registered trademark of Pharos Science &
Applications, Inc. All other product and company names herein may be trademarks or
registered trademarks of their respective owners.

The Bluetooth word mark and logos are owned by the Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use
of such marks by Pharos is under license. Other trademarks and trade names are
those of their respective owners.

--30--MTB/la*

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/