Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel's new $825.00 GPS Enabled Wireless Modem

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 17:34:05 -0400

Nextel's new $825.00 GPS Enabled Wireless Modem
Nextel Offers Ruggedized Modems to Access
Nationwide Packet Data Network in Challenging
Environments

Monday July 21, 10:23 am ET

RESTON, Va. & TAMPA, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--July 21, 2003--
New Rugged and GPS-Enabled iR1200 Wireless Modems Extend Communication
Capabilities for Mobile and Field Service Workers and Enable Unique Business
Productivity Solutions for Industries Including Public Sector, Utilities,
Transportation,
and Construction
Nextel Communications, Inc.
(NASDAQ:NXTL - News) and
eLutions, today announced new
rugged wireless modems that meet
the performance and durability
requirements of users in demanding
environments. The iR1200 is the
latest addition to Nextel's portfolio of
wireless products, services, and
software. Moisture resistant and
designed to function in extreme
temperatures, the iR1200 Rugged
Modem and the iR1200
GPS-Enabled Modem allow mobile
workers to connect laptops, mobile
data terminals, and PDAs to Nextel's
nationwide network for real-time
remote access to company databases and mission-critical data applications in
industrial and/or turbulent settings.

"The iR1200 significantly enhances Nextel's portfolio of data device solutions.
Nextel customers now have the power to access our nationwide always-on packet data
network and dial-up circuit data services safely, effectively and efficiently in
extreme surroundings." said Ernie Cormier, vice president of the Business
Solutions Group at Nextel. "As a company, we are committed to meeting the unique
needs of our customers, whether in the enterprise space or in the public sector.
Coupled with Nextel's suite of industry-related software applications, the iR1200
makes real the promise of anywhere, anytime computing on Nextel's national
network."

"We are excited to introduce these new solutions, complete with our applications
software capability, in a cooperative effort with Nextel," said Rick Burant,
managing director of the Wireless Technologies Business Unit at eLutions. A number
of industries may leverage Nextel's data network and the iR1200 modems to
wirelessly enable their mobile workforce, including public sector, utilities,
transportation and construction. For those companies whose mobile workers must
have access to vital information in extreme work environments, the iR1200 modem is
an incredibly powerful tool."

Features include an optional global-positioning system (GPS) capability, allowing
users to harness the power of location-based services for fleet management and
tracking applications. The modems also meet military specifications for resistance
to temperature, shock, vibration, moisture, dust and electromagnetic radiation,
ensuring consistent operations even in unforgiving environments. Both iR1200
products offer mounting hardware built for a no-hassle replacement of many CDPD
modems and easy configuration to a variety of devices with standard dial-up
networking or TCP/IP commands.

The iR1200 Rugged Modem and iR1200 GPS-Enabled Modem may be purchased through
Nextel's Direct Sales, Corporate Accounts, National Authorized Representatives,
Local Authorized Representatives and Public Sector sales channels.  The iR1200
Rugged Modem is available for the promotional price of $624.99; the iR1200
GPS-Enabled Modem is available for the promotional price of $824.99.

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/030721/215453_1.html

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get a FREE REFINANCE QUOTE - click here!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/nHYuCC/ca0FAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/