Subject: [NEXTEL-1] School Uses "E-Rate" Technology Money To Pay For Nextel Phones.

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 02:00:15 -0400

School Uses "E-Rate" Technology Money To Pay For Nextel Phones.

Article Last Updated: Tuesday
July 22, 2003 - 2:55:53 AM PST
Oroville, CA

OESD Board to hear about budget
and construction

By Rick Longley/Education Writer

Updates on important budgetary and construction issues will end Wednesday night's
meeting of the Oroville Elementary School District Board.

Superintendent Don Remley and Assistant Superintendent Susan Jeffers plan to
apprise trustees about state budget issues and their relationship to educational
budgets during the consultation session.

<Snip>

Approval of a sixth year of E-rate technology projects is sought for eight such
projects totaling $422,735.88. They required a $50,000 district match provided by
in-lieu expenditures which OESD would be spending even without the e-rate
technology projects, district officials said. The funds will cover district
expense for local telephone calls, Nextel cell phone usage, server upgrades,
electronics maintenance, cabling and local networking (LAN) service. It will
result in no added expense to OESD during the 2003/2004 school year and may result
in actual savings to it.

http://www.orovillemr.com/Stories/0,1413,157~26686~1525897,00.html

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Free shipping on all inkjet cartridge & refill kit orders to US & Canada. Low prices up to 80% off. We have your brand: HP, Epson, Lexmark & more.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5510
http://us.click.yahoo.com/GHXcIA/n.WGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/