Subject: [NEXTEL-1] City to discuss cell phone tower

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2003 17:06:01 -0400

Thursday, July 03, 2003
Las Vegas Review-Journal
City to discuss cell phone tower

Can you hear me now?

The Las Vegas City Council hopes to keep cellular telephone users in the northwest
valley from repeating that phrase. Council members voted unanimously Wednesday to
enter talks to erect a cellular telephone tower in Mountain Ridge Park.

Officials said the agreement, which Las Vegas will negotiate with AT&T Wireless,
will improve phone service in the area and help underwrite park maintenance and
recreational programs.

"Cell phones are an important factor in our economy," said David Roark, Las Vegas'
real estate and asset manager. "We care about dead spots in the city.  Residents
need to have the opportunity of talking on the phone without it cutting out."

Roark said the tower would be attached to light standards on the park's ball
fields, blending into the surroundings.

Officials estimate the city would receive between $1,200 and $1,500 a month
through the agreement. The city has four cellular towers on its property.

http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_home/2003/Jul-03-Thu-2003/news/21653928.html

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Save on Coral Calcium. Get Better Health and
Stronger Bones. Seen on TV
http://www.challengerone.com/t/l.asp?cid-2805&lp=calcium2.asp
http://us.click.yahoo.com/9gf46B/EfUGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/