Subject: [NEXTEL-1] DOD picks SRA for radio work

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 19:12:15 -0400

DOD picks SRA for radio work
BY Dan Caterinicchia
July 16, 2003

The Defense Department last week awarded SRA International Inc. a task order to
provide systems engineering and program support services to the Joint Tactical
Radio System (JTRS) Joint Program Office.

JTRS uses software-centric radios that can be programmed to patch users into
various radio frequencies. Radios in use today were designed to work in a specific
frequency range, and each military service uses its own frequency. Joint tactical
radios can be programmed for any waveform, and initial production is expected in
2005, according to the prime contractor, Boeing Co.
DOD established the JTRS Joint Program Office to provide oversight to ensure
standardization and commonality of JTRS systems departmentwide.

Under the contract, awarded July 8, SRA will provide the Joint Program Office with
communications systems engineering, program support services, and life cycle
acquisition support.

The task order was awarded under the General Services Administration Federal
Supply Schedule and has an estimated value of $41 million over five years if all
options are exercised.  Work is expected to begin later this month, according to
an SRA spokeswoman.

The SRA team includes: Aeronix Inc., Alion Science and Technology, Blue Collar
Objects Inc., Booz Allen Hamilton, Dynamics Research Corp., Galaxy Scientific
Corp. and Log.Sec Corp.

http://www.fcw.com/fcw/articles/2003/0714/web-jtrs-07-16-03.asp

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/sOykFB/k9VGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/