Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Re: FAA enables GPS-based Wide Area Augmentation System for ATC]

From: Marcel_rf1
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 12:08:53 -0400

-------- Original Message --------
From: "sparkie_rf" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: FAA enables GPS-based Wide Area Augmentation System for ATC

 "Maples, Dave" 
<dave.maples@n...> wrote:
> Thanks for the nice report, particularly the part about the 
different systems.  I had heard that the EU wanted "their own" 
(kinda like adjacent police jurisdictions and large trunked radio 
systems (snicker)) and I thought the Russians had built a similar 
system as well.

The russian system is largely inoperable, and grows more so everyday.

The europeans just decided to pursue their own GPS, Gallileo, about 
two months ago.

The WAAS uses D-GPS which of course combines the GPS signal with a 
ground based system for much higher resolution.

They've spent many years and close to $9B on this system, and 
needless to say it quite late.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Naturally Painless & Spray Away Backaches & Joint Pain. $19.97
http://www.challengerone.com/t/l.asp?cid=2867&lp=m331.html
http://us.click.yahoo.com/tJIe0D/79VGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/