Subject: [NEXTEL-1] U.S. Unwired Files Lawsuit Against Sprint Corp

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2003 15:55:03 -0400

U.S. Unwired Files Lawsuit Against Sprint Corp
 Friday July 11, 5:46 pm ET

 WASHINGTON -(Dow Jones)- US Unwired Inc. , a Sprint PCS Network partner, filed a
 lawsuit Friday accusing Sprint Corp. of fraud and breach of fiduciary duty.

 The lawsuit, filed in the U.S. District Court for the Western District of
Louisiana, also
 accuses Sprint of violations of the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt
Organizations Act,
 according to an 8-K filed Friday with the Securities and Exchange Commission
(News -
 Websites).

 US Unwired is seeking treble damages and the appointment of a receiver over
property
 and assets controlled by Sprint in Louisiana.

 US Unwired said Sprint PCS's alleged misconduct in dealings between the companies

 has materially contributed to US Unwired's loss of nearly $1 billion of
enterprise value,
 according to the regulatory filing Friday.

 US Unwired, of Lake Charles, La., provides service to more than 500,000
customers.

 -By Robert L. Grant, Dow Jones Newswires; 202-862-1356

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Save up to 80% on top-quality inkjet cartridges & refill kits at Myinks.com
Free shipping on orders $50 or more to the US and Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5702
http://us.click.yahoo.com/YrYXfA/AyWGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/