Subject: [NEXTEL-1] IACP Info

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2003 15:41:39 -0400

IACP INFO--BIWEEKLY E-MAIL NEWSLETTER
#85 July 2, 2003 

FAREWELL FROM EDITOR
ANNUAL CONFERENCE
LEGISLATIVE
RESEARCH CENTER
TRAINING 
CALENDAR
JOBS

FAREWELL FROM EDITOR

This is my last IACP Info. Thank you all for reading the newsletter and for all
your compliments and good wishes over the years. I have appreciated them, and you.
I'll miss seeing you all at the conference.

The next editor will be IACP's Marketing Manager Elisa Cohen. 

Good luck to you all.

Katherine Spivey
IACP Websites Manager 

ANNUAL CONFERENCE

Get all the information you need about the annual conference:
http://theiacp02.expoexchange.com/

Register now for the IACP Annual Conference in Philadelphia, PA:
https://secure.matrixgroup.net/theiacp.org/conference/annual/registration/index.cfm

LEGISLATIVE

IACP Capitol Report Vol 2 No 13 (7/1/03) in PDF

* House Approves FY 2004 Homeland Security Funding
* IACP Testifies on Fighting Identity Theft
* Under the Dome
* Bush Issues Federal Ban on Racial Profiling
http://www.theiacp.org/documents/pdfs/CapitolReport/Capitolreport7103.pdf

Chief Mary Ann Viverette Testifies On Identity Theft Before the House Committee on
Financial Services, Subcommittee on Financial Institutions and Consumer Credit
http://www.theiacp.org/documents/index.cfm?fuseaction=document&document_id=462

RESEARCH CENTER

Customizable Victim Services Brochure for law enforcement departments: This model
brochure is designed for law enforcement officers to provide to victims on crime
scenes and at police stations. Individual agencies can customize the brochure to
include local resource information. 

* Printable Brochure: 
http://www.theiacp.org/research/IPBVSprintable.pdf

* Customizable Brochure:
http://www.theiacp.org/research/IPBVScustomizable.pdf

* Customizing Instructions:
http://www.theiacp.org/research/IPBVShowtocustomize.pdf

Contact Alison Vaughan at [email-masked] or 800-843-4227 ext. 255 

TRAINING 

August 2003
(shows start dates)

08/04/2003 Developing a Legally Defensible Curriculum (Oswego, NY) 
08/04/2003 Administering a Small Law Enforcement Agency (St Louis, MO) 
08/04/2003 Developing Facilitation Skills (Chesterfield, VA) 
08/07/2003 Racial Profiling and Traffic Stop Studies (Las Vegas, NV) 
08/07/2003 Leadership and Quality Policing (Buffalo Grove, IL) 
08/11/2003 Less-Lethal Weapons Instructor Certification  (White Bear Lake, MN) 
08/18/2003 Cultural Awareness: Train-the-Trainer (Sandy, UT) 
08/18/2003 Less-Lethal Force Options: Selection and Policy Considerations (White
Bear Lake, MN) 
08/20/2003 Police Law and Legal Issues: What Every Police Mgr Needs to Know
(Kansas City, MO) 
08/20/2003 Advanced Supervision Skills (Nashua, NH) 
08/20/2003 Surveillance and Undercover Officer Techniques (Sandy, UT) 
08/20/2003 Effective Media Practices for the Law Enforcement  (Alexandria, VA) 
08/21/2003 Terrorist Incidents: Pre- and Post-Planning (Westmont, IL) 
08/25/2003 Planning, Designing and Constructing Police Facilities (Centerville,
OH) 
08/25/2003 Less-Lethal Weapons Instructor Re-certification  (White Bear Lake, MN) 
08/25/2003 Conference on Assessment Centers and Selection Issues (San Diego, CA) 
08/28/2003 Combating Workplace Violence (Meriden, CT) 
08/28/2003 Conducting Effective Employment Interviews  (Lake Zurich, IL) 
 
http://www.theiacp.org/Training/Courses/index.cfm

See printable version of training organized by month:
http://www.theiacp.org/Training/2003monthlytrainingcalendar.pdf

CALENDAR

July 11 - July 13 9th Annual DRE Section's Training Conference on Impaired Driving
July 27 - July 29 3rd South American Executive Policing Conference, Belo
Horizonte, Brazil
July 28-30 Local Response to Terrorism: Lessons Learned from the 9-11 Pentagon
Attack
August 15 - August 16 Financial Review Committee
August 15 - August 16 IACP Board of Officers
August 15 - August 16 IACP Executive Committee
August 25 - August 26 Conference on Assessment Centers and Selection Issues
September 23 - September 25 NIJ Technologies for Public Safety in Critical
Incident Response Conference and Exhibition
October 19 - October 20 State and Provincial Police (S&P) Annual Meeting
October 20 Financial Review Committee
October 20 - October 25 IACP Board of Officers
October 21 - October 25 110th Annual IACP Conference: Law Enforcement Education
and Technology Exposition (Philadelphia, PA)
October 24 Executive Committee
http://www.theiacp.org/calendar/

JOBS

Looking for a position, or want to post an opening at your agency? Do it all on
the IACP Website's Jobs page--for free!

Recent job postings include the following--but check the website for more,
non-chief positions:

* Assistant Chief, Transit Safety, Phoenix, AZ
* Assistant Director of Security, Pittsburgh, PA
* Chief of Guards, Washington, DC
* Chief of Police, Norfolk, VA
* Director of Emergency Services, Richland, WA
* Emergency Management Director, Portland, OR
* Executive Director, Tallahassee, FL
* Police Chief, Rockville, MD
* Project Manager, Washington, DC
* Public Safety Director, Marshall, MI

Many more are listed on the website.

Check out the new date range on the job posting feature!
http://www.theiacp.org/jobs/jobsindex.cfm

Remember: You can submit job listings for free!
http://www.theiacp.org/jobs/jobsindex.cfm?fuseaction=job_input

* * * * * * * * * * ==============================

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/