Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Wulfsberg announces new, one-of-a-kind tactical FM radio, the P-2000

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2003 03:36:08 -0400

Wulfsberg announces new, one-of-a-kind tactical FM radio, the P-2000
Source: Wulfsberg Electronics
21 June 2003

PRESCOTT, Ariz., – Wulfsberg Electronics will introduce next month the world’s
first digital tactical FM radio with a color LCD display. In addition to its
brilliant display, which highlights critical information in an easy-to-read
format, the P-2000 is the first panel-mounted, multi-band radio ever offered by
Wulfsberg™. Deliveries will begin in July to an unnamed federal agency.
The company will showcase the new Flexcomm™ equipment at the Airborne Law
Enforcement Association annual conference in Wichita, Kansas, in July.

The P-2000 panel-mounted transceiver is the newest member of Wulfsberg’s venerable
Flexcomm family. It will complement the powerful C-5000 and RT-5000 multi-band
transceiver already in use by public service providers worldwide.
The P-2000 delivers APCO Project 25 functionality and interoperability on one or
more public service bands. The P-2000’s small Dzus rail footprint belies its
robust performance on the VHF, UHF, and 800 MHz bands.

“The P-2000 is a cost-effective solution for many public service missions that do
not require 30-960 MHz RT-5000 full-band capability,” said Walter Crawford, vice
president of marketing and sales for Wulfsberg. “At the same time, it’s quite
powerful and offers multiple bands and configurations for maximum flexibility,
making it ideal for airborne law enforcement, air medical rescue, homeland
defense, and other public service operators.”

Wulfsberg Electronics is the leading supplier of Flexcomm multi-band, airborne
FM/AM radio communications systems. Additionally, Wulfsberg designs and
manufactures a complete line of Chelton™ Nav/Com products for the corporate
aviation, military trainer, commuter airline, and helicopter markets.

Wulfsberg’s Nav/Com System can be configured with VHF Comm (8.33 or 25 kHz
channeling, 118-152 MHz), VOR, ILS, Marker Beacon, DME, Transponder, ADF, discrete
controls, and a Radio Management Unit. The system includes both ARINC 429 digital
interfaces as well as conventional analog interfaces to support new or retrofit
installations.
Wulfsberg Electronics is one of 10 Chelton Avionics, Inc. companies, including ACR
Electronics, Artex Aircraft Supplies, Chelton Antennas, Chelton Flight Systems,
Chelton Satcom, Comant Industries, Orion Electronics Ltd., Northern Airborne
Technology (NAT), and Seimac.

Chelton Avionics, Inc. is a wholly owned business unit of U.K.-based Cobham plc,
which has annual sales in excess of £690 million ($1 billion). Cobham designs and
manufactures equipment, specialized systems and components for the aerospace,
defense, industrial, and communications markets, and operates, maintains and
modifies aircraft, particularly in support of special mission flight operations.

http://www.rotorhub.com/news/0306/wulf1.htm

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/