Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Report: Motorola To Unveil Microsoft Phone

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 14:45:37 -0400

Report: Motorola To Unveil Microsoft Phone
BY WIRELESS WEEK STAFF
JULY 24, 2003

Motorola Inc. reportedly is gearing up to launch a wireless handset fueled by the
Microsoft smartphone platform, according to a Reuters report.
The deal would be considered a big win for Microsoft. To date, Microsoft has
announced a few deals for its platform, but even some of those deals have been put
on hold or canceled.

The software giant is battling for market share with rival software supplier
Symbian, which controls the lion's share of the market. (Motorola is a shareholder
in Symbian.) At the Mobility Developer Conference (which ran on the heels of CTIA
Wireless 2003 in March), Microsoft Chairman Bill Gates said his company is
committed to investing in smartphone technology and wants to make Microsoft's
smartphone technology the dominant platform in the wireless industry.

Motorola and Microsoft could not be reached for commen

http://www.wirelessweek.com/index.asp?layout=newsat2direct&starting=5&pubdate=07/24/03

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Breakthrough Natural Health Specialties at VitaminBoost.com $20 to $40
Naturally Painless Spray, Coral Calcium, No Snore, EZ Appetite Suppressant.
http://www.challengerone.com/t/l.asp?cid=2882
http://us.click.yahoo.com/yoMABA/ruYGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/