Subject: [NEXTEL-1] ANALOG TELEVISION STATION IN THE LOWER 700 MHZ BAND TO CEASE ANALOG BROADCASTING, SURRENDER NTSC LICENSE, AND OPERATE AS A SINGLE CHANNEL, DIGITAL-ONLY TELEVISION STATION

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 15:05:54 -0400

DA
03-2328
                       Released:  July 16, 2003

MEDIA BUREAU RECEIVES REQUEST BY ANALOG TELEVISION STATION IN THE LOWER 700 MHZ
BAND TO CEASE ANALOG BROADCASTING, SURRENDER  NTSC  LICENSE, AND OPERATE AS A
SINGLE CHANNEL, DIGITAL-ONLY TELEVISION STATION

In its Report and Order in GN Docket No. 01-74, the Commission adopted the
reallocation of the 598-746 MHz Spectrum Band (television channels 52-59) from use
by television broadcasters to new uses on a flexible basis.   The Commission also
stated that it would consider requests by incumbent broadcasters on channels 52-58
to voluntarily vacate their NTSC channels prior to the end of the DTV transition
on a case-by-case basis.

The Media Bureau has received a request from Commonwealth Public Broadcasting
Corporation, the licensee of analog noncommercial educational television station
WNVT-TV, NTSC Channel 53, and permittee of digital television station WNVT-DT, DTV
Channel 30, Goldvein, Virginia,  for Commission authority to:  (i) cease analog
broadcasting on NTSC Channel 53 and surrender its license for the channel prior to
the end of the DTV transition; and (ii) thereafter operate WNVT-DT as a single
channel, digital-only television station on DTV Channel 30.  This request is
available for inspection at the Commission’s Reference Center, 455 Twelfth Street,
S.W., Room CY-A257, Washington, D.C. 20554.
For further information, contact Joyce Bernstein of the Media Bureau, Video
Division at (202) 418-1647.
By:  Chief, Media Bureau

-FCC-

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Naturally Painless & Spray Away Backaches & Joint Pain. $19.97
http://www.challengerone.com/t/l.asp?cid=2867&lp=m331.html
http://us.click.yahoo.com/tJIe0D/79VGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/