Subject: [NEXTEL-1] FCC Clears NextWave Ownership Issue

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 19:12:32 -0400

FCC Clears NextWave Ownership Issue
BY MARK ROCKWELL
JULY 14, 2003

NEWS@2 DIRECT

WASHINGTON -- NextWave Telecom’s future is a little clearer today as the FCC said
the company complied with U.S. foreign ownership rules.

The declaratory ruling is an esoteric, but important, move that further clears the
company’s ownership rights to its C-block spectrum licenses. The issue has been
before the FCC off and on since 1997.

NextWave officials applauded the ruling. 'NextWave appreciates the attention the
commission and its staff have given to this matter in recent months, and we're
glad that it's now put to rest,'said NextWave spokesman Michael Wack.

Industry observers say the ruling opens the door even further to a speculated deal
for a reported sale of $1.4 billion worth of NextWave’s spectrum licenses to
Cingular in the coming week.

http://www.wirelessweek.com/index.asp?layout=document&doc_id=122724&verticalID=34&vertical=Business+and+Finance&industry=

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges & Refill Kits for Your HP at Myinks.com
Free shipping on orders $50 or more to the US and Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5706&lp=home/hp.asp
http://us.click.yahoo.com/arYXfA/.xWGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/