Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Bali bombing set off by cell phone

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 03:56:44 -0400

Bali bombing set off by cell phone

During the trials following the Bali bombing last year, it has been revealed that
the terrorists used a cellphone to detonate the bomb planted in a mini bus. Ali
Imron, who has acknowledged involvement in the attack gave detailed testimony to
the Indonesian court.

A minivan was packed with explosives was parked outside the Sari Club. "We used
cell-phone detonators. In Paddy's we used the detonator, it was in the vest of
Iqbal or Isa. For the Sari Club bomb, it was inside the car and detonated using
cell-phone buttons. It went as scripted." Imron told the court.

Imron was testifying in the trial of Mukhlas, whom prosecutors have accused of
being in charge of the Bali operation.
Mukhlas, 43, faces death if convicted on charges of plotting, organizing and
carrying out terror crimes.
Over 200 people died in the bomb blast, which the alleged bombers say were part of
a religious war against western interests.

Posted to the site on 10-Jul-03

http://www.cellular-news.com/story/9252.shtml

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Free shipping on all inkjet cartridge & refill kit orders to US & Canada.
We have your brand: HP, Epson, Lexmark, Canon & more.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5510
http://us.click.yahoo.com/kP..SB/49VGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/