Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Industry Sponsored FLY-OUT-FRIDAY- "CANCELLED" At The FCC.

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 22:12:23 -0400

Industry Sponsored FLY-OUT-FRIDAY- "CANCELLED" At The FCC.
FCC can no longer accept free trips to trade shows
By Heather Forsgren Weaver
July 18 12:51:00, 2003

WASHINGTON—The House Appropriations Committee sent a not-so-subtle message to the
Federal Communications Commission when it told the agency this week it could not
use industry funds for travel to trade shows.

“The committee is concerned about a recent report on FCC travel sponsored by
non-federal sources. The recommendation includes language that prohibits FCC
commissioners and staff from accepting payment from certain non-federal sources to
attend conventions, conferences and meetings. The committee recommends a funding
level that is sufficient to complete mission-critical travel,” reads the report
accompanying the FCC budget of nearly $273 million for fiscal year 2004. This is
almost $8 million more than the FCC received in FY03, but still more than $1
million less than President Bush suggested in his budget.

Action on the FCC’s budget was mired in the continuing controversy regarding media
ownership rules, which is not expected to end any time soon. The FCC’s budget now
goes to the full House for consideration where the focus again is expected to be
on media ownership.  The Senate Appropriations Committee still has not considered
the FCC budget.

http://rcrnews.com/cgi-bin/news.pl?newsId=14365

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Free shipping on all inkjet cartridge & refill kit orders to US & Canada. Low prices up to 80% off. We have your brand: HP, Epson, Lexmark & more.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5510
http://us.click.yahoo.com/GHXcIA/n.WGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/