Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel Signs Soccer Sponsorship

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2003 20:37:03 -0400

Nextel Signs Soccer Sponsorship

NEW YORK -- Nextel Communications, which recently signed significant deals to
sponsor Nascar and horse racing's Breeder's Cup, said Wednesday that it has inked
a deal to be the official sponsor and exclusive wireless carrier of the Gold Cup,
North America's largest soccer tournament.

Nextel's sponsorship will be an integrated communications effort that includes
advertising, in-stadium promotion, wireless-device content and online activities.
Terms of the deal were not released.

Contested every two years, the Gold Cup will run July 12-27 and be televised
nationwide on the Univision broadcast network and Galavision cable network, which
reach more than 65 million U.S. households and 97% of U.S. Hispanic households,
per the company. The event, which will crown the champion national team of the
North and Central American and Caribbean regions, will be held in three cities:
Miami, Mexico City and Foxboro, Mass.

"Nextel is pleased to sponsor a premier event like the Gold Cup with Univision,"
Pat Garner, svp-emerging markets at Nextel, Reston, Va., said in a statement.
"With the rapid increase of the U. S. Hispanic population plus the growth of
Hispanic-owned businesses, more and more Latinos value the products and services
of Nextel."

-- Staff Report

Published: July 09, 2003
 http://www.altavista.com/r?ck_sm=c2731e10&ref=1001b0081&ci=5411&r=http%3A%2F%2Fbrandweek.com%2Fbrandweek%2Fheadlines%2Farticle_display.jsp%3Fvnu_content_id%3D1931038

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/sOykFB/k9VGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/