Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Sprint signs billion dollar CDMA deal

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 03:01:34 -0400

Sprint signs billion dollar CDMA deal

Lucent Technologies and the USA based CDMA network, SprintPCS has announced a
major agreement to enhance and upgrade its network with additional 3G mobile
equipment. The two companies signed a new, multi-year contract valued at up to
IS$1 billion, covering major markets across the United States from New York to
California. Lucent will provide Sprint with the Flexent CDMA Modular Cell 4.0 and
other advanced base stations, switching equipment, related software and advanced
services.

Under the agreement, Lucent Worldwide Services will provide installation,
integration, optimization and Remote Technical Support services for Sprint's
network upgrade.
"Customer satisfaction is the number one priority at Sprint," said Kathy Walker,
senior vice president of Network Services at Sprint. "This new agreement with
Lucent will help us continue to offer our customers the most advanced and
comprehensive wireless services available while also improving the reliability,
quality and performance of the Sprint network."

The new equipment from Lucent will enhance Sprint's nationwide 3G1X network,
increase coverage and capacity, and enable Sprint to offer even more advanced data
services based on CDMA2000 1xEV-DV technology in the future.
"We've been with Sprint since the company installed its first base station in
1996, and we're delighted that it is still turning to Lucent to provide the
equipment that will help keep its network working at top performance for years to
come," said Chuck Naylor, sales vice president, Lucent Technologies. "Our base
station equipment is designed with the future in mind so that Sprint can make
cost-effective and simple enhancements to deliver 1xEV-DV services to its
customers."

Posted to the site on 23-Jul-03

http://www.cellular-news.com/story/9341.shtml

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Free shipping on all inkjet cartridge & refill kit orders to US & Canada. Low prices up to 80% off. We have your brand: HP, Epson, Lexmark & more.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5510
http://us.click.yahoo.com/GHXcIA/n.WGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/