Subject: [NEXTEL-1] re - AntiDouble / AntiBonk / AntiWhatever Device

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 14:50:00 -0400 (EDT)

If a double occurs, but the radio has not lost the control channel
signal, then a new talkgroup could be created on the fly perhaps. But if
2 radios double, and one of them has lost the control channel, then I
guess you would have to go over to simplex ops on 866.0125 or some
channel.

What happens when 1 radio is in range and 1 radio is out of range? I
dont know - havent thought that far ahead yet.

With 2 or more seperate receivers in a portable radio - there are
probably many, many, nifty schemes that be concocted to improve radio
ops.

Peter S

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: Rick Parrish <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2003 15:22:43 -0500

The only problem I can think of with this set up (which sounds awesome, 
BTW) is the listener does not know whether the audio they are hearing is 
from a talkgroup or the talk-around back-channel.

Maybe this is what Peter was hinting at but ...

how do you reply to someone and know they can hear you?

-rick