Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Extend America Names Three Wireless Industry Execs for Top Posts

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 00:59:06 -0400

Extend America Names Three Wireless Industry Execs for Top Posts
Source: Business Wire
Publication date: 2003-07-29

BISMARCK, N.D.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--July 29, 2003--Extend America(TM), Inc., a
telecommunications company that is building Nextel Communications iDEN wireless
network coverage in a number of rural markets, has named three key senior
executives to its management team. Chere' Heintzmann will serve as the company's
chief operating officer, Jeff Hardesty will serve as the chief financial officer
and George Yineman will serve as the vice president of sales. Extend America plans
to launch service at the end of this year.

Heintzmann brings a strong operational background in both start up businesses and
established corporations within the wireless communications industry. Her 20 years
of experience include numerous executive roles with companies such as McCaw
Communications/AT&T Wireless Services, and Qwest Communications. In these
companies, Heintzmann served as senior vice president of operations, senior vice
president of sales and marketing, and vice president and general manager.  She was
also a co-founder of a broadband start-up company that raised $100 million in
Series A funding.

Hardesty has 15 years of finance experience in the telecommunications industry as
an investor, director, and investment banker for cellular, PCS, rural local
exchange carriers, inter-exchange carriers, fixed wireless, towers and paging
companies. Most recently, he was a managing director at Koch Ventures, Inc., an
arm of Koch Industries, Inc., the second largest privately held company in the
nation. As a vice president at First Union Capital Markets, he invested and
managed $1.5 billion of growth and acquisition capital in more than 50
telecommunications and media companies.

Yineman, a North Dakota native, has 20 years of sales experience, including 12 in
the telecommunications industry. Most recently, he was vice president and general
manager for Sprint PCS in Wisconsin.  Yineman also served as general manager for
Swiftel Communications, an affiliate of Sprint PCS. Prior to Sprint, he was
executive vice president and founder of Positive Communications, a nationwide
provider of wireless telecommunications products through national retailers.

"I'm pleased that we've been able to generate enough excitement about our new
venture to attract top quality industry leaders to work for Extend America," said
Ed Schafer, CEO of Extend America and former Governor of North Dakota. "Having
people operating our company who have the depth of experience that Chere', Jeff
and George bring will give us assurance of success."

Extend America(TM) will introduce fully integrated, all digital wireless
telecommunications services in Bismarck and Mandan, North Dakota by
the end of this year and then plans to expand into parts of South Dakota,
Montana, Wyoming and Nebraska. Extend America(TM) will offer high
quality services available from Nextel, including digital cellular, text and
numeric messaging, and Nextel's Nationwide Direct Connect(TM) digital
walkie-talkie service, all in a single wireless phone. Extend America(TM)
customers will be able to communicate seamlessly on the Nextel National
Network as they travel through the United States. Investors in Extend
America include Ignition Partners, Nextel Communications, Cascade
Investment and the Greenspun Corporation. For more information about
Extend America, visit our website at www.extendamerica.com

Publication date: 2003-07-29

http://cnniw.yellowbrix.com/pages/cnniw/Story.nsp?story_id=40504661&ID=cnniw&scategory=Telecommunications%3AWireless&

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/sO0ANB/LIdGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/