Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Morgan Stanley fighting arbitration award

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2003 11:37:30 -0400

Morgan Stanley fighting arbitration award

Attorneys for Morgan Stanley have asked the three members of an arbitration panel
to reconsider a ruling that found the firm liable for damages because it signed
the historic $1.4 billion tainted research settlement. Morgan Stanley accepted the
panel's decision that it failed to supervise a broker and issued bad research. It
will pay $100,000 to the aggrieved investor, who originally sought more than $3
million. Morgan's move is intended to plug what could become a flood of suits. If
the firm is guilty merely because it signed the accord, then the door is really
open to more claims.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A23780-2003Jul7.html

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Save up to 80% on top-quality inkjet cartridges and get your order fast!
FREE shipping on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. Shop at Myinks.com!
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/v2G7ND/KfUGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/