Subject: [NEXTEL-1] System Adds Personal Medical Information To Emergency Dispatch

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 20:45:53 -0400

System Adds Personal Medical Information To Emergency Dispatch

One of the regions most active in deploying wireless enhanced 911 technology also
will be using an enhanced data service to help protect law enforcement officers.
The Greater Harris County (Texas) 911 Emergency Network will use location
data-management technology vendor Intrado's [Nasdaq: TRDO] IntelliVector emergency
roadside medical messaging service to electronically deliver person-specific
medical and healthcare provider data for police officers who are injured in motor
vehicle accidents. Intrado will provide the technology and data management
interface to Harris County's existing regional 911 system and will serve as the
system integrator for partners including Cross Country Automotive Services and
Roadside Telematics Corp. in delivering enhanced emergency response.

Intrado's IntelliVector provides public safety dispatchers with access to
information based on the personal medical and health care provider profiles for
persons involved in motor vehicle accidents. Houston-area police officers are
eligible to submit personal health data and insurance information to Roadside
Telematics' Road Medic system. Following vehicle crashes, Intrado's IntelliVector
helps to connect the Cross Country contact center with existing 911 call center
and updates the Road Medic system for delivery of occupant-centric data to the
responding emergency medical service.

The service used by Harris County is an enhancement to the Automatic Collision
Notification system introduced by Intrado,
Cross Country, Ford Motor Co. [NYSE: F] and Harris County 911 in June 2002. For
more on this and other hot news in the wireless industry, be sure to read the next
issue of PBI Media's Wireless Data News.

http://www.TelecomWeb.com

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/sO0ANB/LIdGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/