Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Locate your child through their mobile

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 03:24:18 -0400

Locate your child through their mobile
London, July 1 2003, (netimperative)

by Chris Lake

A new Carphone Warehouse-backed mobile initiative has been launched to help
parents locate their children without disturbing them.

Location-based services specialists Mobile Commerce and MI International have
developed 'mapAmobile' to provide parents with peace of mind, by enabling them to
keep an eye on their children via SMS, telephone or the internet.
Using any of those platforms, parents will be provided with a map showing the
location of their child.

The service will be the first mobile phone location service to be available on the
high street after Carphone Warehouse agreed to distribute mapAmobile, which costs
£29.99 for one year's access and 10 location requests, with further requests
priced at 30p each.
As well as determining the location of children with enabled mobile handsets, the
service has wider business applications, such as allowing a company to keep track
of delivery personnel or sales people on the move. The companies claim it is a far
more affordable option for businesses than GPS-based systems.

Currently available on Vodafone, Orange and O2, mapAmobile tracks a mobile user
through the SIM card, so no additional mobile phone kit is needed to use the
service.
Mobile Commerce pointed out that third party application developers are also
likely to benefit, as it allows them access to multiple networks by coding for the
service, rather than developing products per network.  Until recently,
location-based services were proprietary to one network.

Carphone Warehouse UK CEO Andrew Harrison said: "It is perfect for parents in
particular because we know that the mobile phone is a life accessory that people
are buying into at an increasingly early age, and parents can use them to stay in
touch with their kids."

http://www.netimperative.com/cmn/viewdoc.jsp?cat=all&ct=news&docid=BEP1_News_0000054520

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/sO0ANB/LIdGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: "Todd Ellis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 08:03:38 -0400

It's also useful for keeping track of spouses, unless they turn it off.
That happened with me and my old APRS equipment.  

Todd Ellis

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, July 31, 2003 3:24 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Locate your child through their mobile

by Chris Lake

Location-based services specialists Mobile Commerce and MI International
have
developed 'mapAmobile' to provide parents with peace of mind, by enabling
them to
keep an eye on their children via SMS, telephone or the internet.
Using any of those platforms, parents will be provided with a map showing
the
location of their child.

The service will be the first mobile phone location service to be available
on the
high street after Carphone Warehouse agreed to distribute mapAmobile, which
costs
£29.99 for one year's access and 10 location requests, with further requests
priced at 30p each.
As well as determining the location of children with enabled mobile
handsets, the
service has wider business applications, such as allowing a company to keep
track
of delivery personnel or sales people on the move. The companies claim it is
a far
more affordable option for businesses than GPS-based systems.

Currently available on Vodafone, Orange and O2, mapAmobile tracks a mobile
user
through the SIM card, so no additional mobile phone kit is needed to use the
service.
Mobile Commerce pointed out that third party application developers are also
likely to benefit, as it allows them access to multiple networks by coding
for the
service, rather than developing products per network.  Until recently,
location-based services were proprietary to one network.

Carphone Warehouse UK CEO Andrew Harrison said: "It is perfect for parents
in
particular because we know that the mobile phone is a life accessory that
people
are buying into at an increasingly early age, and parents can use them to
stay in
touch with their kids."

http://www.netimperative.com/cmn/viewdoc.jsp?cat=all
<http://www.netimperative.com/cmn/viewdoc.jsp?cat=all&ct=news&docid=BEP1_New
s_0000054520> &ct=news&docid=BEP1_News_0000054520

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

ADVERTISEMENT
 
<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=256694.3651271.4917408.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=17073678
02:HM/A=1688501/R=0/SIG=11if1rb57/*http:/webevents.yahoo.com/universal/seabi
scuit/> 

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=256694.3651271.4917408.1261774/D=egroupmai
l/S=:HM/A=1688501/rand=839984154> 

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
<http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>  Service.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 14:48:59 -0400

A high end custom jewelry maker ion Madison Ave. is now imbedding small tracking
chips in their custom jewelry. The purpose is to track the jewelry in case of
theft but you can also track your wife but they claim that is not the purpose. One
NY Real-estate developer used it for the latter and it was admitted as evidence in
his divorce trial.

Todd Ellis wrote:

> It's also useful for keeping track of spouses, unless they turn it off.  That
> happened with me and my old APRS equipment.
>
> Todd Ellis
>