Subject: [NEXTEL-1] What A SAAB Story-

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 05:50:12 -0400

Valley News Home
West Lebanon, NH

7/29/2003

Couple Survive Crash

 Royalton, VT.-- A Randolph Center flight instructor says the safety features in
his Saab enabled his wife and him to walk away from a collision with a moose
Sunday night on Interstate 89.

http://www.vnews.com/07292003/07292003.htm

The ironic thing is SAAB uses a "Moose Crash Test Dummy"...........

<SNIP>
Another, more familiar Saab test is the moose crash test. In Sweden, an average of
more than ten collisions between cars and moose occur every day.  Since the early
1990s, Saab has therefore been running a crash test in its ordinary range of tests
in which the car travelling at 70 km/h collides with a 380 kg moose dummy. Saab
began developing the moose crash test together with the Swedish Road and Transport
Research Institute (VTI) back in 1981 and is now evolving, still with the VTI, a
new version of the 'moose'.

http://www.saab.com/main/GLOBAL/en/pressreleases.xml?id=26

Moose Crash Test Dummy Thesis-

http://www.vti.se/pdf/reports/S342A.pdf

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Free shipping on all inkjet cartridge & refill kit orders to US & Canada. Low prices up to 80% off. We have your brand: HP, Epson, Lexmark & more.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5510
http://us.click.yahoo.com/GHXcIA/n.WGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: "Steven Santinelli" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 05:31:56 -0400

Wow... Good thing I live in New Hampshire AND drive a Saab!!!

Steve

  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: [email-masked] 
  To: [email-masked] 
  Sent: Wednesday, July 30, 2003 5:50 AM
  Subject: [NEXTEL-1] What A SAAB Story-

  Valley News Home
  West Lebanon, NH

  7/29/2003

  Couple Survive Crash

  <SNIP>

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor 
              ADVERTISEMENT

  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service. 

  ---
  Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
  The information contained in this communication including any attachments is
  intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is
  addressed and others authorized to receive it.  This communication may
  contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from
  disclosure under applicable law.  If you are not the intended recipient you
  are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking any
  action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly
  prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you have received this communication in
  error, please notify us immediately by responding to this email and then
  delete it from your system. No printed copies should be made or retained.
  Thank you - SMS Computer Services
  Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
  Version: 6.0.502 / Virus Database: 300 - Release Date: 7/19/2003