Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Iowa Counties Receive E-911 Grant

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2003 15:40:32 -0400

Iowa Counties Receive E-911 Grant

The Public Safety Foundation of America chose the Iowa Homeland Security Division
and Iowa counties Black Hawk, Mahaska, Pottowattamie and Warren to receive a
$676,000 grant. The grant will fund a wireless E-911 system.
=====================================================

Warren, Mahaska Counties To Get Wireless E-911
Rescuers Can Track Cell Phone User's Location

POSTED: 5:42 p.m. CDT July 4, 2003

DES MOINES, Iowa -- A new system will allow emergency responders in Iowa
locate a person calling 911 on a cellular telephone.

The Iowa Homeland Security Division and Black Hawk, Mahaska, Pottawattamie,
and Warren counties have been chosen by the Public Safety Foundation of
America to receive a $676,000 grant.

The first phase of the wireless E-911 system was completed August 2002. It
provides emergency dispatchers the cell phone user's callback number and the
address of the tower that is receiving the call.

The new grant will be used so dispatchers can determine the latitude and
longitude of the cell phone us

http://www.theiowachannel.com/health/2313076/detail.html

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Save up to 80% on top-quality inkjet cartridges and get your order fast!
FREE shipping on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. Shop at Myinks.com!
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/v2G7ND/KfUGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/