Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel Whines To The Judge To Dismiss Lawsuit Verizon- (Insiders Report Judge Will Say NO)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 15:38:27 -0400

Nextel Whines To The Judge To Dismiss Verizon Lawsuit- (Insiders Report Judge Will
Say NO)
Nextel files to dismiss suit over new phone
Friday July 18, 3:06 pm ET

CHICAGO, July 18 (Reuters) - Nextel Communications Inc. (NasdaqNM:NXTL - News)
said it is asking a U.S. court to dismiss a lawsuit filed by Verizon Wireless, the
No. 1 U.S. wireless telephone company, alleging Nextel improperly obtained samples
of its new phone that can function like a walkie-talkie. Verizon Wireless, a joint
venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE:VZ - News) and Britain's Vodafone Group
Plc (London:VOD.L - News), last month said in court documents Nextel used
prototypes and gained unauthorized access to its wireless network.

It also contended Nextel shared information on the handsets' performance with an
unnamed industry analyst.
Verizon Wireless' prototypes featured a so-called "push-to-talk" function that
allows the cell phone to work like a walkie-talkie. Users can push one button to
quickly connect without dialing.

Nextel has been alone in offering the push-to-talk service but rivals including
Verizon Wireless plan to launch similar services soon. Nextel said in a court
document filed on Thursday that mobile phone maker Motorola Inc. (NYSE:MOT - News)
lent the company two prototype phones to test and Nextel made test calls with
Motorola's consent. It returned the phones when Verizon Wireless asked Motorola to
get them back, it said.

"Despite Verizon's bare allegation that Nextel obtained the telephones under
'false pretenses' and 'improperly,' it knows that the allegations are false
because Motorola permitted Verizon to interview its employees and review its
documents," Nextel said in the filing.

However, Jim Gerace, spokesman for Verizon Wireless told Reuters that the company
"fully intends to pursue our claim.""This doesn't change our claims that Nextel
improperly obtained our product that was in development," he said.

http://biz.yahoo.com/rc/030718/telecoms_nextel_verizonwireless_1.html

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Free shipping on all inkjet cartridge & refill kit orders to US & Canada. Low prices up to 80% off. We have your brand: HP, Epson, Lexmark & more.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5510
http://us.click.yahoo.com/GHXcIA/n.WGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: "marcel_rf1" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 19:52:52 -0000

This is a common Motion in this type of proceeding. Right now it is a 
"Motion" war between nextel and VZ.....

Look for info to be "Leaked" to the media in the up coming weeks.....

Stay Tuned.....Same Bat Time...........Same Bat Channel!