Subject: [mobile-ip] I-D ACTION:draft-han-mobileip-adad-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 15:14:15 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Advance Duplicate Address Detection
	Author(s)	: Y. Han et al.
	Filename	: draft-han-mobileip-adad-01.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 2003-7-23
	
This document proposes to automatically allocate a care-of IPv6
addresses (CoA) for the use of mobile nodes that want to be fast
handovered. Each access router maintains 'Passive Proxy Cache' of
which each address is in advance generated and tested for its
uniqueness by the access router. Also, the access router acts as
'Passive Proxy' for an address reserved in 'Passive Proxy Cache' in
order not to affect the destination cache and neighbor cache of its
neighbor nodes and not to disturb the normal CoA configuration 
procedure of the nodes which do not obey this draft. During L3  
handover, a mobile node, which obeys this draft, requests one of 
the duplication-free addresses reserved by its target access router. 
After successfully acquiring the address, the mobile node assigns it
on its interface which attaches to the new link, without the RFC 2461
DAD. Consequently, the proposed scheme can completely take off the 
DAD procedure and hence the time involved in the exsting L3 handover
schemes

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-han-mobileip-adad-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-han-mobileip-adad-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-han-mobileip-adad-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.