Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Wireless Design Online Newsletter

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2003 11:30:23 -0400

================================================================
Wireless Design Online Newsletter - http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com
Tuesday, July 8, 2003
================================================================
 
------------------------------------- 
FEATURED ARTICLES
-------------------------------------  
 
1) Atmel tests standard passives integration model
2) Ericsson poses alternative to ZigBee
3) M-Systems Introduces World's Smallest 1-Gigabit Flash-Based Storage for Mobile
Devices
 
---------------------------------------
 
1) Atmel tests standard passives integration model
 
Atmel Corp. is testing a design tool that's tied to a package-design methodology,
with plans to integrate the product into the Atmel Design System and into the
Cadence Design Kit at year's end. Atmel has been experimenting with the Helmet
tool, intended to ease the integration of passive devices into standard packages
for applications in RF and optical markets, for more than a year on internal
projects...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/41201/793725
 
2) Ericsson poses alternative to ZigBee
 
Ericsson Technology Licensing is considering developing a derivative of the
Bluetooth standard that would compete against the newborn ZigBee standard in
industrial control and automation applications -- ZigBee's target market...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/41201/793725
 
3) M-Systems Introduces World's Smallest 1-Gigabit Flash-Based Storage for Mobile
Devices
 
M-Systems has introduced the 1-Gb Mobile DiskOnChip G3, its second Multi-Level
Cell (MLC) NAND-based product, storing two bits of information in a single cell.
Complimenting the 512-Mb Mobile DiskOnChip G3 announced earlier this year, the new
1 Gb (128 megabyte) model, at only 9x12x1.2mm, takes the lead as the world's
smallest high-capacity NAND-based storage solution...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/41201/793725

--------------------------- 
FEATURED DOWNLOAD
---------------------------
 
Today's featured download is a feature article from MITEQ, Inc. -- "High
Performance Comb Generator Multipliers." Comb generator devices fill many useful
places in modern microwave systems. The most widely employed use is in broadband
frequency synthesizers where high frequency signals provide stable system
reference outputs correlated to lower frequency reference sources. Visit the link
below to download the complete article in pdf format.
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/41210/793725

------------------------------------- 
FEATURED PRODUCTS
-------------------------------------
  
1) SQS Connectors
2) Cellular Terminal Conformance Services
3) BlueTree CDMA Modems
4) Benchtop Attenuators
5) RadMan RF Personal Monitors
6) PE4241 SPDT MOSFET RF Switch
7) MS1 Quartz Crystal
8) T Series Terminations
 
---------------------------------------
 
1) SQS Connectors
 
The SQS connectors feature a "super quick" disconnect design created for
sputtering, wafer processing systems and other high power applications. A spring
loaded sleeve on the male plug pulls back to allow self contained bearings to
"click" into a corresponding groove on the mating female...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/41202/793725
 
2) Cellular Terminal Conformance Services
 
Radio Frequency Investigation (RFI) offers a comprehensive range of development
and conformance services for cellular mobiles, chipsets and accessories. The
technologies supported include GSM 900, GSM 1800, GSM 1900, GPRS, Bluetooth and
3G...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/41203/793725
 
3) BlueTree CDMA Modems
 
Description:
- Instant access to information is essential in today's public safety organization
- Maximum power and coverage
- High-speed "3G" 1xRTT networks help deliver more information faster
- Downloadable pdf datasheet available
- More...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/41204/793725
 
4) Benchtop Attenuators
 
BMA benchtop attenuators offer a wide variety of step sizes, impedances, dynamic
ranges, connectors. The units combine two or three of the RA series units in a
durable case suitable for bench or portable use. Downloadable pdf datasheets
available...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/41205/793725
 
5) RadMan RF Personal Monitors
 
All RadMan monitors are multi-function tools that share the same compact housing,
dual electric (E) and magnetic (H) field detection, and wide-band shaped frequency
response. Downloadable pdf datasheet available...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/41206/793725
 
6) PE4241 SPDT MOSFET RF Switch
 
The PE4241 MOSFET RF Switch is designed to cover a broad range of uses in the 10
MHz through 2.5 GHz frequency range. This switch integrates on-board CMOS control
logic with a low voltage CMOS-compatible control interface, and can be controlled
by using either single-pin or complementary control inputs....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/41207/793725
 
7) MS1 Quartz Crystal
 
The MS1 crystals are high quality tuning fork resonators manufactured with a
photolithographic process. They vibrate in the fundamental mode. The crystals are
mounted in miniature 2 x 2 x 6 mm metal SMD packages...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/41208/793725
 
8) T Series Terminations
 
Alan Industries 50T and 75T are low power, single terminal devices intended to
terminate 50 Ohm and 75 Ohm transmission lines respectively. They are available in
a wide selection of connectors...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/41209/793725

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Save up to 80% on top-quality inkjet cartridges and get your order fast!
FREE shipping on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. Shop at Myinks.com!
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/v2G7ND/KfUGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/