Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Tower Guys Don't Play-

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 19:53:39 -0400

Tower Guys Don't Play-
http://www.bishoptower.com/landa/
------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/sOykFB/k9VGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

BEWARE OF MICHAEL LANDA

Two months ago Michael Landa, aka Landa & Associates, put a 420' Rohn
80 tower up for auction on ebay which you can see here.
After the tower received no bids and the auction had ended my partner and I offered Landa 10k for it. Landa called me on the phone within seconds of our email offer and agreed to the deal, which actually was 460' (2 possibly useable sections in addition to the 420'), new bolts, candleopera, guy wires, and an engineering study to our specifications. A screenshot of the invoice can be seen here.

My partner and I were a bit hesitant to wire our cash for a tower
site unseen, but landa called us a short time later and told us that
the tower actually belonged to a widow who was being foreclosed on
and she really needed money. To help speed the deal along, Landa
offered to split the frieght cost with us if we paid up within 30
days of the new offer. The next day we wired 3k to Landa, and were
promised some better pictures of what we were getting. 27 days later
and having not heard anything from Michael, we tried to contact him
repeatedly by phone, leaving messages with Donna his secretary, and
were assured he would call us back.

On the 28th day we caught him in the office (he doesn't answer his
cell phone either) and setup a 3 way call to get everything straight.
He sent us an updated invoice specifying that we would indeed be
getting 460', candelopera, new bolts, etc and he was going to go to
Wyoming to inspect, photograph, and load out the tower to us. We
wired the balance to Landa, received NO pictures and the tower
arrived a couple of days later.

In 2 seperate truck shipments, we received a total of 400' of C or K tower which is much lighter duty than a Rohn 80, 49 bent crossbraces, 3 bent ladder steps, 2 sections with bent legs, no bolts, no candleopera, no returned calls, and one email stating that Michael Landa was in Disneyland...

For someone who is supposed to be at Disneyland, Michael Landa sure
does stay on top of eBay...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3535441972 which ended with buy it now on July 8th.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3032627364 which ended June 29th.

I have kept logs of everything that has transpired between us and
Landa, and while I continue to lose money putting clients on hold
waiting for Michael to make good on this deal, I will offer him one
last chance to do the right thing and get me the rest of what we paid
for or face legal action and the facts of this transaction
permanently posted to the web and usenet for the world to see.

Michael Landa, you have until this weekend to get us what we paid
for or I will be forced to post copies of everything on our website
at http://www.bishoptower.com/landa and also posting this message to
every radio, TV, cellular, and 2way newsgroup I can find in order to
spread the word about you and your business practices. We have waited
patiently for you to do the right thing Michael, now the ball is in
your court. You need to contact my partner, Mike Vanhooser, before
5pm friday to make the proper arrangements, or I will take this to
the next level and neither of us wants that.

In response to my complaints against Michael Landa of Landa and Associates, he has just sent me this updated invoice trying to add $460.00 for loading charges and additional $1800 in shipping charges to our account with a nice message stating the "balance due in 10 days or will be subject to collections at a rate of 18% compounded monthly"!! Mr Landa, if you think we are going to send you another dime for loading and shipping a tower we did not purchase, you are mistaken. Obviously you think this billing tactic will get you out of the hole you have dug for yourself, but it will not work. Send us the 460' Rohn 80 we paid for, the candleopera, the bolt kit, the sheer pin, and the drawings as agreed or 5pm friday 7-11-2003 I will begin posting to usenet and the web details of this transaction. Last chance to do the right thing, Michael, we can do this the easy way or the hard way.

Tom Johnson

Nova Electronics

Bishop Tower Company

Dallas / Houston

214-725-5621

281-620-9249

---

From: "Bulldog" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 02:14:03 -0000

This is exactly the type of behavior that
could and should get you killed.

Ya just don't mess with Texas.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 22:22:10 -0400

I know when they set the azimuth incorrect (their mistake, but my dime) on one of
my sites I always by them lunch afterward regardless. Have you seen what one of
those....oppps...... 2" bolts can do from 500 ft. I have not pretty.

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Natural Vitamins for Good Prostate & Male Health. $28.97
http://www.challengerone.com/t/l.asp?cid=2865&lp=prosta2.html
http://us.click.yahoo.com/qJIe0D/89VGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->