Subject: [NEXTEL-1] PTT

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2003 15:44:31 -0400

------- Original Message --------
   From: Robert Schwaninger <[email-masked]>
Subject:  PTT

Dear Mr. Patent and Trademark Administrator:

We are aware of your recent decision regarding Nextel's efforts to trademark
and/or copyright the expression, "Push To Talk".Being good Americans, we believe
that all actions taken by our government are necessarily performed following
deliberation, taking into account both the legal and equitable aspects of a
decision prior to rendering same.Accordingly, to demonstrate our fidelity to both
your fine efforts and the obvious logic behind it, we wish to assist you in
offering alternatives to those persons, who obviously have little appreciation for
your fine work, and who are otherwise whining about what to use in referring to
this function which has been portion of land mobile service since the 1930s.

We, therefore, would like to recommend the following:

Shove To Speak

Thrust To Utter

Press To Pontificate

Digit To Digitize

Finger To Phonics

And our favorite, "Push In That Doohickie Then Put Your Mouth Against That Spot
With Holes And Start Flappin' Your Gums"

We feel that any one of these will do just fine for persons looking to refer to
the formerly generic function, Push To Talk.So, go ahead and use them until
Motorola or Nokia trademarks some or all of the foregoing.And if you appreciate
our generous offer of expressions that will salve the hurt feelings of those cry
babies who think that our fine United States Government is out of its mind for
even considering Nextel's application, we would be gratified if you would give
consideration to our Trademark Applications for the following:

Control Alt Delete

Push One For More Options

Insert Flange A Into Grommet B

Objects Appear Larger

Homeland Security

Please Use The Handrail

Check With Your Doctor

Light Fuse And Get Away

And

Not Tonight, I've Got A Headache.

We already have a licensing deal in the works for the last one with the Lifetime
Channel and everyone who would just as soon not have ever heard of the Nextel
application.

A Loyal American Entrepreneur

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Save on Coral Calcium. Get Better Health and
Stronger Bones. Seen on TV
http://www.challengerone.com/t/l.asp?cid-2805&lp=calcium2.asp
http://us.click.yahoo.com/9gf46B/EfUGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/