Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Vodafone warns of Olympic Games capacity concerns

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 21:18:36 -0400

7/22/03

Vodafone warns of Olympic Games capacity concerns

Vodafone is planning to buy out the minority shareholders and take full control of
its Greek network, Panafon. George Koronias, Vodafone-Panafon's vice president and
managing director told the Kathimerini newspaper that the company will de-list the
company from the Athens bourse once it has control.

Commenting on preparations for the Athens Olympic Games, Koronias warned that "if
either the Transport Ministry or Athens 2004 (the organizers) do not assume the
initiative and responsibility for the provision of comprehensive information by
all mobile operating firms, we shall have a capacity problem. The responsible
authorities must be facilitated in every possible way to invest appropriately.
This has still not happened, one year before the Games.  Monopolistic views in
favor of the sponsors have prevailed, resulting in the danger of a
telecommunications blackout."

Greece's telecoms equipment maker Intracom has a 9.43% stake in Panafon and is the
largest single minority shareholder in the company. Vodafone currently owns 65% of
Panafon, having recently increased its holding from 61%. The company purchased a
10.85% stake from France Telecom last year.

Koronias said that the buyout will follow the same procedure as in Sweden, Spain
and Portugal, which were public offers with a maximum premium of three percent
over the public share price.

http://www.cellular-news.com/story/9330.shtml

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy No Snore & Get a Good Night's Sleep. Natural Oral Spray -- $24.95
(1 bottle, 1 month supply, with sweet almond oil, eucalyptus oil & more).
http://www.challengerone.com/t/l.asp?cid=2881&lp=h515.html
http://us.click.yahoo.com/2oMABA/nuYGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/