Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Sale of former Motorola plant won't happen until next month

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 10:47:18 -0400

Sale of former Motorola plant won't happen until next month

By Patrick Garmoe Daily Herald Staff Writer
Posted 7/29/03
The sale of the Motorola campus in Harvard to a developer who wants to build a
resort has been pushed back to late August.

Spring Grove real estate developer Joe Buralli wants to buy the 1.5
million-square-foot cell phone manufacturing and distribution plant in Harvard and
turn it into the Midwest's largest indoor water park and entertainment and
convention center.

The original closing date was Monday. The new target date is Aug. 28.
"It shouldn't affect the opening because a lot of the stuff going in there is
already being built," Buralli said.

He estimates the water park portion will be operational sometime in March.
Motorola officials were not dismayed by the delay.

"The original date for closing the deal was pretty aggressive," said Motorola
spokeswoman Margot Brown.

The two sides initially agreed to a 75-day window for the closing, but now need a
little more time to wrap things up.

"Some additional issues arose that must still be negotiated," Brown said. She
would not elaborate on what the issues were.

Initial plans call for a resort with roughly 350 hotel rooms and condominiums that
could be rented out, a day spa, convention center, meeting rooms, office building,
corporate training center and two day-care centers.

Plans over the next several years include transforming the property into a
300-acre entertainment mecca that would include a six-story indoor water park
housed in one of the property's four existing buildings; movie and live
performance theaters; a fitness center; indoor racquetball, volleyball, paint ball
and laser tag facilities; miniature golf; go-kart racing; and a variety of
restaurants and shops.

http://www.dailyherald.com/search/main_story.asp?intid=37831113

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/sO0ANB/LIdGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/