Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Committee OKs $18K transfer from reserve fund

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 01:52:53 -0400

Committee OKs $18K transfer from reserve fund

Wednesday, July 23, 2003

The Advisory Committee approved a transfer of
$18,124.02 from the reserve fund to offset some
unanticipated costs in various town budgets
during the past fiscal year.

Departments receiving an increase include:
Town clerk, $207.
Legal services, $1,693, 01
Elections and town meeting costs, $5, 929.90
Zoning Board of Appeals, $5,113.75
Electricity-Nextel / Spring $1,629.82.
Emergency Communications Committee
salaries, $3,948,.91

North River Collaborative $510.00
"The legal (increase) was to balance the legal
department's budget, and to bring it in line to
what was actually spent" said Advisory
Committee Chairman Neal Rossi. "The budget
expenses were approximately $121,000 for
FY03."

Committee members unanimously approved
the transfer. Member Brad Bishop abstained
from the decision.

Rossi said a high number of appeals presented to the zoning board during the past
year forced its members to spend additional fees. These monies covered the costs
of paying consultants, engineers, legal costs, etc. Committee members approved a
$5,113.75 addition for the ZBA.

The $3,948.61 increase for the Emergency Committee budget will cover the costs of
paying a part-time dispatcher. "An employee resigned due to sickness," said Rossi.
"They had to fund a part-time worker to cover the worker's shift." The committee
approved the transfer with little discussion. Committee members Joan Giroux and
Daniel Salvucci did not participate in the discussion or vote on the measure
because they are call firefighters.
Advisory members also approved a transfer of $3,948.91 to cover electrical costs
for Nextel.

This company leases space for its communication transmitters on a tower next to
the police station. "The town will be ultimately reimbursed for this expense,"
said Bishop. "This is to cover the expense for powering the transmitter on the
communication tower. It's a routine transfer to pay for electricity. Nextel will
reimburse the town for this amount for some future date. We have to pay the bill,
and Nextel will pay us back."
Advisory members also approved a $510 stipend for the North River Collaborative.
"That (transfer) was to cover a Medicaid cost," said Rossi.

A $207 boost was provided to Town Clerk Robert Shea for covering expenses
associated with issuing passports. "The clerk incurred expenses because of the
cost for supplies needed to make passports," said Rossi. "The monies and fees
generated from making the passports will (eventually) cover those expenses."

http://www.townonline.com/hanover/news/local_regional/han_newhmtransfersb07232003.htm

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Breakthrough Natural Health Specialties at VitaminBoost.com $20 to $40
Oral Sprays for Fast Results and Greater Absorption.
http://www.challengerone.com/t/l.asp?cid=2880
http://us.click.yahoo.com/3oMABA/muYGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/