Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel & Morris Communications

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 14:56:38 -0400

DA 03-2374
Released:  July 21, 2003

WIRELESS TELECOMMUNICATIONS BUREAU
APPROVES WITHDRAWAL OF PETITIONS TO DISMISS OR DENY
AND GRANTS CONSENT FOR ASSIGNMENT OF LICENSES
FROM MORRIS COMMUNICATIONS, INC.
TO NEXTEL LICENSE HOLDINGS 1, INC.

On September 27, 2002, Richard W. Duncan (“Duncan”) filed a Petition to Dismiss or
Deny (“Petition 1”) the Application of Morris Communications, Inc. (“Morris”) for
assignment of SMR Call Signs KNGZ274, KNJX933, WNAM388, WNFY616, WNLL280, WPAR527
and WNNB514 to Nextel License Holdings 1, Inc. (“Nextel”), ULS File No.
0001005258.   On March 14, 2003, Duncan filed a Petition to Dismiss or Deny
(“Petition 2”) the Application of Morris for assignment of SMR Call Sign WNFY616
to Nextel, ULS File No. 0001183564.

By letter dated July 15, 2003, Duncan requested the withdrawal of both Petition 1
and Petition 2, and all related adverse pleadings in these proceedings.  As part
of his request, Duncan provided a certification in accordance with section
1.935(a), 47 C.F.R. § 1.935(a), of the Commission’s rules.  The Policy and Rules
Branch of the Commercial Wireless Division has reviewed and hereby approves
Duncan’s request to withdraw Petition 1 and Petition 2, and all related adverse
pleadings in these proceedings.

Pursuant to Sections 4(i) and 310(d) of the Communications Act of 1934, as
amended, 47 U.S.C. § 310(d), and section 0.331 of the Commission’s rules, 47
C.F.R. § 0.331, the Wireless Telecommunications Bureau approves the
above-described applications (ULS File Nos. 0001005258 and 0001183564) requesting
Commission consent to assign the above-specified licenses currently held by Morris
to Nextel.

Pursuant to section 1.103 of the Commission’s rules, 47 C.F.R. § 1.103, the
consent granted herein is effective upon release of this Public Notice.  Pursuant
to sections 1.106(f) and 1.115(a) of the Commission’s rules, 47 C.F.R. §§
1.106(f), 1.115(a), petitions for reconsideration and applications for review may
be filed within thirty (30) days of the release of this Public Notice.
Action by the Deputy Chief, Policy and Rules Branch, Commercial Wireless Division,
Wireless Telecommunications Bureau.
For further information, contact Evan Baranoff, Wireless Telecommunications
Bureau, Commercial Wireless Division, Policy and Rules Branch, at (202) 418-7142.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Breakthrough Natural Health Specialties at VitaminBoost.com $20 to $40
Oral Sprays for Fast Results and Greater Absorption.
http://www.challengerone.com/t/l.asp?cid=2880
http://us.click.yahoo.com/3oMABA/muYGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/