Subject: [mobile-ip] rule in section 11.7.2

From: Shinta Sugimoto <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2003 15:18:46 +0900

Hi,

I found that the text about the handling of HAO and RTHDR2
for MH messages was newly added to the Section 6.1 from the
draft-22.  If I understand the text correctly, the MN should
never lookup its BCE so that the packet will be directly
delivered to the peer.

If so, I think the rule specified in Section 11.7.2 need to be
slightly modified.  Suppose the two MNs (MN1 and MN2) are
communicating each other from their foreign link, and MN1 has
binding of the MN2.  The BU sent by the MN1 to the MN2's HoA
will be delivered via MN2's HA and the MN2 will receive a packet
as below:

Outer IPv6 src = MN2's HA
Outer IPv6 dst = MN2's CoA
Inner IPv6 src = MN1's CoA
Inner IPv6 dst = MN2's HoA
HAO = MN1's HoA
MH = BU

The MN2 should not initiate sending BU to the sender (MN1).
So, I think the 5th bullet in Section 11.7.2 given below should
mention about BU as well.

>    o  The packet does not contain a Home Test, Home Test Init, Care-of
>       Test, or Care-of Test Init message.

Regards,
Shinta