Subject: [NEXTEL-1] FCC Chairman Michael Powell Visits Alexandria, Virginia 911 Call Center to View Demonstration of Wireless Enhanced 911 Location Technology

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 19:57:59 -0400

Opppps.............FYI- The 1st demonstration failed when an AT&T wireless caller
failed to be properly routed to the correct PSAP and ended up in another
jurisdiction. Subsequent calls were properly routed.
http://ftp.fcc.gov/hdln_photo_062003.html

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Free shipping on all inkjet cartridge & refill kit orders to US & Canada. Low prices up to 80% off. We have your brand: HP, Epson, Lexmark & more.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5510
http://us.click.yahoo.com/GHXcIA/n.WGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

FCC Home |
Search |
Updates |
E-Filing |
Initiatives |
For Consumers |
Find People

FCC
> Headline Photos

site map

Search:

Help | Advanced

Chairman Powell Visits Alexandria, Virginia 911 Call Center
to View Demonstration of Wireless Enhanced 911 Location Technology
6/20/03

As the FCC continues outreach efforts related to the Wireless Enhanced 911 (E911) Coordination Initiative, on June 20, 2003, FCC Chairman Michael Powell visited a public safety answering point (PSAP) in Alexandria, Virginia, to view first-hand wireless location technologies at work. While deployment is also progressing at other PSAPs, the Alexandria PSAP is one of the first to deploy Phase II wireless E911 technology and the only PSAP in the D.C. metro area to have Phase II technology that uses an automated mapping system.

Marietta Robinson, of the Alexandria Police Department demonstrates for Chairman Powell how the Alexandria PSAP tracks emergency 911 calls made from wireless phones using Phase II wireless E911 technology as David Baker, Alexandria Deputy Chief of Police looks on.

Chairman Powell, Deputy Chief Baker and Marietta Robinson, Day Shift Supervisor of the Emergency Communications Center, discuss the public safety benefits of wireless E911 technology.

Chairman Powell takes questions from the press following the demonstration of Phase II wireless E911 technology at the Alexandria PSAP.

last reviewed/updated on 6/23/03

FCC Home

|

Search

|

Updates

|

E-Filing

|

Initiatives

|

For Consumers

|

Find People

FCC Contact Information

Federal Communications Commission

445 12th Street SW

Washington, DC 20554

More FCC Contact Information...

Phone:

1-888-CALL-FCC (1-888-225-5322)

TTY:

1-888-TELL-FCC (1-888-835-5322)

Fax:

1-866-418-0232

E-mail:

[email-masked]

- Web Policies & Privacy Statement

- Required Browser Plug-ins

- Customer Service Standards

- Freedom of Information Act