Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Plan Scam - Trouble ahead, trouble behind !!!

From: sparkie_rf <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2003 06:08:23 -0000

Don't you know I just, just lost my mind...

I think those a the words to an old Dead song, but I can't really 
remember.

Here's a snippet from wireless week:

"Nextel recently signed a much-anticipated 10-year agreement with 
the National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing (NASCAR), making 
it the title sponsor for that organization's national racing series 
beginning next year. Under the deal, NASCAR's highly 
visible "Winston Cup Series" will become "Nextel's Cup Series." 
Reportedly, Nextel could spend as much as $700 million over the life 
of the contract.

With that kind of promotional money at hand, Nextel could have a 
difficult time arguing at the FCC that it should get spectrum for 
free, Baca says. "The FCC could see this as reneging on public 
safety. After all, if you've got money to spend on NASCAR, then you 
can spend money" on spectrum, he says."
---------
Why are the PS boys bellyaching?

Don't they know this is "HOW BUSINESS GETS DONE!!!" Period, End of 
Story. Next?

The audacity of them to question our committement to spend $850m for 
the transition, vs. ~$700m for NASCAR over 10yrs. If these guys 
don't start playing ball, we might have to drop some of their calls 
when they need them most. Heah, that'll teach'me.

If Timmy doesn't get his plan, then he will lose his mind!!!

see: http://www.wirelessweek.com/index.asp?
layout=articlePrint&articleID=CA308505

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Save up to 80% on top-quality inkjet cartridges and get your order fast!
FREE shipping on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. Shop at Myinks.com!
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/v2G7ND/KfUGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/