Subject: [NEXTEL-1] NextNet Wireless NLOS Broadband Wireless Solutions for Service Provider Profita

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 01:41:58 -0400

When will Craig learn? I thought he learned his lesson with XOXO (Nextlink). He
lost his shirt trying to deploy LMDS, now he is playing with NLOS (Non Line Of
Sight) MMDS. Sprint tried this with "Project Angel" and it failed & others have
had various technical issues. Technology costs still remain high and there is
little standardization and NO interoperability.
Nextenet does have one advantage over some of its competitors OFMD. While OFMD
does overcome the common multipath problems. OFMD still  faces the common problems
of frequency offset and phase noise.OFMD does give more bang for the buck over
other MMDS air interfaces but it still needs to be proven.

Nextnet makes the famous claim of  "UP TO 20 Miles" in range about their product.
(20 miles rural up to 3 miles urban)

=========================================================
MCCAW Leads NextNet Round of Funding

Existing Investors Team With McCaw for Broadband Wireless Market Expansion

Minneapolis, MN - July 22, 2003 -- NextNet Wireless, Inc. ("NextNet"), the
industry's most widely deployed provider of non-line-of-sight (NLOS) broadband
wireless access systems, announced today that it has raised an additional round of
funding that will allow the company to expand its markets, deployments, and
product offerings. COM Holdings, LLC, a private company controlled by Craig O.
McCaw, led the round, with existing NextNet investors DCM-Doll Capital Management,
Green Ventures, Globespan Capital Partners, Joseph Costello and others
participating. Terms and size of the funding round were not disclosed.

http://nextnetwireless.com

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Breakthrough Natural Health Specialties at VitaminBoost.com $20 to $40
Naturally Painless Spray, Coral Calcium, No Snore, EZ Appetite Suppressant.
http://www.challengerone.com/t/l.asp?cid=2882
http://us.click.yahoo.com/yoMABA/ruYGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

MCCAW Leads NextNet Round of Funding

-July 22, 2003

NEOTEC Qualifies NextNet as Preferred Supplier of NLOS Broadband Wireless Technology for Brazil

-July 7, 2003

There's a big difference between wireless technology that looks great on paper and wireless technology that works great in the field.

Only NextNet delivers both.

Our proven NLOS plug-and-play Expedience™ system is providing broadband wireless access to business and residential subscribers in 20 markets worldwide. It's the first and only NLOS Plug-and-Play system to deliver consistent broadband speeds across NLOS cell radiuses of up to 20 miles. This means broader coverage, lower infrastructure cost, faster time-to-market and happy customers.

There's a lot of talk in the industry today as to which is the best platform for delivering NLOS broadband wireless access. At NextNet, we believe in the power of the business case that performs in the field. Call today to set up a visit to one of our deployment sites for a first hand look at the future of broadband wireless access.

NextNet. Broadband Delivered.

© 2003 NextNet Wireless, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Mexico President Vicente Fox Inaugurates MVS' i-go™ Portable Internet Access System

Awards

2001

2002

2003

Four Time Wemmie Award Winner