Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Enhanced Platform for 3G Network Validation

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 02:13:21 -0400

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/July2003/5675.htm

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

<script src="http://scripts.cgispy.com/randombanner/javarbanner.cgi?user=3Gtelecoms" language="JavaScript">
</script>

3G
HOME ssAdvertising
and Sponsorship ssFREE
Daily 3G Newsletter

ALL
TODAY'S PRESS RELEASES SEE BELOW

Enhanced
Platform for 3G Network Validation

28th
July 2003

Europe : Radioplan
announced the release of WiNeS 2.0, a software platform for third-generation
(3G) network validation and optimization. The platform efficiently supports
the network planning, optimization, measurement gathering, and trouble
shooting processes of 3G operators due to its unparalleled capabilities
for integration, data management, usability, visualization, and key
network performance data evaluation.

The WiNeS Platform
for 3G has primarily been designed with a value-driven focus in order
to empower operators to maximize the capital efficiency of their networks.
To this end, the platform comprises several modules that in their combination
form a powerful system that entirely supports permanent network validation
and optimization based on both planning and measurement data. By using
these modules, network operators are enabled to reduce CapEx and OpEx
while maintaining sufficient QoS, to increase data service revenues,
or to decrease the time-to-market for new services and network upgrades.
Lastly, a direct competition analysis is supported to secure a cutting
edge position in the increasingly saturated wireless telecommunications
market.

The Measurement
Module enables very accurate W-CDMA measurements even at high car speed.
Concurrently, the receiver performance of a standard UE can be emulated.
Thus the system is able to assess both the network coverage in an area
and the user’s service quality experience simultaneously. Moreover,
the cell broadcast information can be decoded and used to directly verify
the network setup and highlight trouble spots. Key performance indicators
of the network can be easily extracted from the measurement data, including
a direct comparison overview between competing networks.

The Network Optimization
Module provides automated optimization support for 3G network planning
data. The solution is extremely fast because of its sophisticated target
function that makes any time-consuming network simulation redundant
in the interactive optimization process. The performance improvement
of the optimized network setup can be independently validated regarding
QoS utilizing the Dynamic Network Simulator which is another module
of the WiNeS Platform. Hence, especially for emerging packet data services
this is the most reliable solution available.

Free
3G Phones

TODAY'S
PRESS RELEASES

Enhanced
Platform for 3G Network Validation

Radioplan
announced the release of WiNeS 2.0, a software platform for third-generation
(3G) network validation and optimization. The platform efficiently supports
the network planning, optimization, measurement gathering

White
LED Driver for Backlighting Color Mobiles

Catalyst
Semiconductor announced entry into a new market segment with its first
White Light Emitting Diode (LED) driver integrated circuit, the CAT32.

UK
Prime Minister Talks With 3G Chairman

The
Chairman of Hutchison Whampoa Limited ("HWL"), Mr Li Ka-shing,
held a private meeting with British Prime Minister Tony Blair today during
the premier's brief stay in Hong Kong.

3G
Wireless Network for Asia Pacific

Nortel
Networks has built a third generation (3G) Wireless Data Network for Asia
Pacific Broadband Wireless (APBW), which plans to launch Taiwan's first
commercial 3G services.

Wireless
Consumer Behavior

Campaigns
targeting MobileNet consumers must go beyond considerations of location
and time focusing on broader user context in order to be effective, according
to a study released today by researchers at the International University
of Japan.

Latest
3G Mobile Based On Symbian OS

Symbian
Ltd announced that Fujitsu Limited’s latest mobile videophone, the
F2102V for NTT DoCoMo, Inc.’s FOMA 3G service is based on Symbian
OS™.

3G
Home

3G
Forum

Subscribe
To Newsletter

3G
Press Releases

3G
Phone Zone

3G
Fun Zone

3G
New Launches

3G
Events

3G
Reports

3G
Directory

Advertise

All
Material Subject to Copyright. All logos, graphics and trademarks are the
property of their respective owners.