Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Motorola licenses Hop-On technology for possible disposable phone

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 23:48:16 -0400

Motorola licenses Hop-On technology for possible disposable phone
By Mike Dano
July 29 13:17:00, 2003

Motorola Inc. could have plans to build a disposable mobile phone through a new
licensing deal with disposable phone company Hop-On.

Officials for neither Motorola nor Hop-On were immediately available for comment.
According to a short news release from Hop-On, Motorola licensed “certain
essential cellular patents covering the GSM, GPRS and CDMA standards” from Hop-On.
No other details were released.

Hop-On’s stock jumped more than 62 percent after the news. However, the increase
totaled only about 7 cents per share as Hop-On’s stock was trading at about 19
cents after the news.  Interestingly, Hop-On just last week signed licensing deals
with Lucent Technologies Inc. and Ericsson. Under Hop-On’s deal with Ericsson,
Hop-On said it will pay Ericsson running royalties for its GSM and GPRS patents.

Mysteries have long surrounded disposable mobile-phone maker Hop-On. The company
has for years promised to sell disposable mobile phones through a variety of
retail outlets, but so far has sold only a small batch through several Walgreens
stores in Southern California. Hop-On claims several sales deals are pending.

http://rcrnews.com/cgi-bin/news.pl?newsId=14492

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/sO0ANB/LIdGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/