Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Wireless Design Online Newsletter

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 14:49:52 -0400

================================================================
Wireless Design Online Newsletter - http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com
Thursday, July 31, 2003
================================================================

------------------------------------- 
FEATURED ARTICLES
-------------------------------------  

1) Zarlink Targets Fast-Scan, Low-Power Demodulator Chip at Asian Markets for
Digital Satellite TV
2) Can technology sell mobile phones?
3) New alliance promotes standards for mobile chips 

---------------------------------------

1) Zarlink Targets Fast-Scan, Low-Power Demodulator Chip at Asian Markets for
Digital Satellite TV

Zarlink Semiconductor has added the industry's fastest-scanning, lowest-power
channel demodulator to its successful family of RF chips for digital satellite TV
systems. Zarlink's ZL(TM)10312 chip is aimed primarily at STBs sold in Asia and
the Middle East that receive "free-to-air" digital TV channels on satellite
broadcast bands...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/46219/793725

2) Can technology sell mobile phones?

How does the advent of new technology impact demand for electronic equipment, such
as mobile phones? Does new technology actually create demand for new mobile
phones? Or does technology play a more subtle role, shaping mobile markets and
products and enabling compelling features that make consumers open their
wallets?...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/46219/793725

3) New alliance promotes standards for mobile chips 

Chip designer Arm Ltd. and mobile phone giant Nokia Corp. have teamed with
semiconductor manufacturers STMicroelectronics NV and Texas Instruments Inc. (TI)
to form an alliance that could help vendors bring new types of mobile devices to
market more quickly...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/46219/793725

------------------------------------- 
FEATURED PRODUCTS
-------------------------------------
  
1) Antenna Design Services
2) Isolators and Circulators
3) Turbo Package Analyzer
4) Huckstuder Design Services
5) High-Value Indoor Communication Converters
6) Resonator Filters

---------------------------------------

1) Antenna Design Services

Orban Microwave Products designs and manufactures a wide range of antennas. We
offer patch antennas and parabolic antennas for 2.4 GHz, 5.8 GHz, C-Band, X-Band
and the ISM and cellular bands. Applications include WLAN, PCS, DCS, GPS, GSM,
surveillance, point-to-point, satellite and other applications...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/46220/793725

2) Isolators and Circulators

With UTE Microwave's new lineup of isolators and circulators, you can pack a lot
of high-power performance into your designs. UTE devices let you put lots of power
through with minimum loss. Our low-loss designs and peak power capabilities help
put your products on the cutting edge in critical applications...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/46221/793725

3) Turbo Package Analyzer

Turbo Package Analyzer(TM) (TPA) fully characterizes an entire package structure
and automatically produces accurate RLC (Resistance, Inductance, and Capacitance)
values for any lead or coupled groups of leads. The RLC values produced can be
either lumped or distributed. New pdf brochure available...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/46222/793725

4) Huckstuder Design Services

Huckstuder Design is a full service product design and development firm. We
specialize in design strategy, product branding, user research, industrial design,
GUI design, mechanical design, and rapid prototyping...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/46225/793725

5) High-Value Indoor Communication Converters

MITEQ's indoor frequency converters use an internal synthesizer to provide
frequency tuning. Level control is available via the front panel or the remote
control interface. Downloadable pdf datasheet available...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/46223/793725

6) Resonator Filters

A series of microwave hairpin resonator bandpass filters reduce the size, weight,
and cost of subsystems such as multiplexers. The MMFM-FBG series can be used in
receiver IFs, low-level transmitter exciters, and the channelized receivers of
electronic countermeasures systems...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/46224/793725

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/sO0ANB/LIdGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/