Subject: [NEXTEL-1] States clamor for first-response programs, dollars

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 03:35:53 -0400

States clamor for first-response programs, dollars

Texas Department of Public Safety
Project: Texas Law Enforcement Telecommunications System Upgrade
Term: TBD
Value: TBD
RFP release: June 17
Proposals due: July 21
Summary: The Texas Department of Public Safety wants to replace existing law
enforcement telecommunications with a Web-based user interface, message switch,
training and certification package and a database to collect agency and end-user
information.

Vermont Public Safety Department
Project: Criminal Intelligence Database Upgrade
Term: TBD
Value: TBD
RFP release: June 10
Proposals due: July 27
Summary: The Vermont Public Safety Department is seeking a contract with a company
that is proficient in Lotus Domino Server 6.0 running on a Solaris operating
system. The company should be able to provide the services necessary to upgrade
and fix the current database while keeping it on the existing platform. The
Vermont Administration Agency is managing the procurement.

South Carolina Forestry Commission
Project: Computer-aided Dispatch and Control System
Term: TBD
Value: TBD
RFP release: May 29
Proposals due: July 17
Summary: The forestry commission wants an integrated, computer-aided dispatch,
incident command and control, records management and automatic vehicle location
system. The state chief information officer is managing the contract.

Massachusetts Department of Public Health
Project: Emergency Medical Services Communications
Term: TBD
Value: TBD
RFP release: Third quarter
Proposals due: TBD
Summary: The Massachusetts Department of Public Health wants a qualified
consultant to conduct a capability study of existing components in the state's EMS
communications system, including compliance with the statewide communications
plan, interoperability of the plan and needed upgrades to comply with the plan.

Iowa Communications Network
Project: Wireless Technology Services
Term: TBD
Value: TBD
RFP release: Pending funding
Proposals due: TBD
Summary: The wireless project is an enterprisewide initiative supported by a
number of governmental entities and academic institutions with broad-based
participation and commitment among policy makers, department directors and key
staff. The Public Safety Department, which is one of these entities, has a
requirement for a statewide mobile wireless data network of which a key
requirement is interoperability and/or interfaces with existing public safety
radio networks.

Source: Input Inc.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Free shipping on all inkjet cartridge & refill kit orders to US & Canada.
We have your brand: HP, Epson, Lexmark, Canon & more.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5510
http://us.click.yahoo.com/kP..SB/49VGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/