Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Motorola v60p in the warehouse, ready to go

From: "havaloc" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 02:11:24 -0000

Apparently, the warehouses are starting to stock Motorola v60p phones,
ready for a Verizon PT^H^H, uhh, 2 way radio product rollout, named
'Express It'.

http://groups.google.com/groups?dq=&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&threadm=vh90idt0p5669f%40corp.supernews.com&prev=/groups%3Fq%3Dalt.cellular.verizon%26ie%3DUTF-8%26oe%3DUTF-8%26hl%3Den%26btnG%3DGoogle%2BSearch
or
http://www.phonescoop.com/news_groups/article.php?g=19&id=628524

I also read that Brightstar has them in stock.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Coral Calcium for Greater Health. 1 month supply - $23.95
(1 bottle, 90 tablets, 400mg each with Magnesium & Vitamin D)
http://www.challengerone.com/t/l.asp?cid=2805&lp=calcium2.asp
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mcIe3D/v9VGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 22:22:51 -0400

Geeezzzze,

Where do people get this stuff? I don't blame you I'm glad you passed it on but again I must say check your sources...........

Remember those earlier rumors that were incorrect?

havaloc wrote:

> http://groups.google.com/groups?dq=&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&threadm=vh90idt0p5669f%40corp.supernews.com&prev=/groups%3Fq%3Dalt.cellular.verizon%26ie%3DUTF-8%26oe%3DUTF-8%26hl%3Den%26btnG%3DGoogle%2BSearchor
>

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Natural Vitamins for Good Prostate & Male Health. $28.97
http://www.challengerone.com/t/l.asp?cid=2865&lp=prosta2.html
http://us.click.yahoo.com/qJIe0D/89VGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 22:39:09 -0400

This reminds me of when the 1st P-25 (digital) scanner was introduced. The Scanners guys almost had a Cow trying to figure out when it was shipping, who had it, what it could and could not do. Once it rolled out
everyone went .......oh......oh......oh. and the excitement died. I'm not saying that is the case with VZ's product, but 1/2 the excitement is the Hype.

[email-masked] wrote:

> > http://groups.google.com/groups?dq=&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&threadm=vh90idt0p5669f%40corp.supernews.com&prev=/groups%3Fq%3Dalt.cellular.verizon%26ie%3DUTF-8%26oe%3DUTF-8%26hl%3Den%26btnG%3DGoogle%2BSearchor>

---

From: Jack Daniel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 19:58:25 -0700

Hmmmmm

Maybe Verizon is playing 'rope a dope' and getting ready to explode onto
the marketplace overnight?

August 11th would be a good launch date.

====================================================

[email-masked] wrote:
> 
> Geeezzzze,
> 
> Where do people get this stuff? I don't blame you I'm glad you passed
> it on but again I must say check your sources...........
> 
>                    Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
>                        ADVERTISEMENT
>                         [click here]
> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.

---

From: sparkie_rf <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 03:03:35 -0000

--- In [email-masked], Marcelrf@B... wrote:
> Geeezzzze,
> 
> Where do people get this stuff? I don't blame you I'm glad you 
passed it on but again I must say check your sources...........
> Remember those earlier rumors that were incorrect?

I'll bet that NEXTEL has paid posters planting false rumors. It fits 
their style.

On the flip side, the whole PTT thing is a black comedy that only 
longtime corporate middle mgrs can really grasp. Take sprint for 
instance:

1) They've been working on this PTT thing for over 3yrs. Thats THREE 
friggin years for christ sake, and so far nothing, nada, nil, zippo.

2) They're demo'ed, trailed, inspected, considered, touched, 
smelled, and tasted etc. tens and tens of solutions.

3) The goal from the begining was to use an "industry-standard" CDMA 
solution. Fair enough.

4) But, QCOM is the CDMA industry, thus Q-Chat is the industry 
standard solution, and thanks to NXTL they can't get it.

5) They are completely at odds over how to market.

Only in the wireless industry can the top carriers be led on a wild 
goose chase by a niche number 5 carrier whose real future goal is 
the acquistion of non-PTT subs. 

Why the hell do we pay any SOB wireless exec any money at all?

Seems to me if NXTL really had the secret sauce for PTT network 
service, then what the hell is MOT selling to ClearNet in Canada, 
and SoLink in Georgia.

Marcel, has sprint or verizon ever picked up the phone and talking 
to Mr. Dawson and his able crew? What am I missing here?

The only wrong with the wireless industry is the bumbling blowhards 
that run it, and of course the FCC!!!

---

From: Jack Daniel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 20:58:13 -0700

Sparkie,

When you started listing endless delays, false starts, BS Hype...

I thought for a momemt you were talkimg about Nextel history.

Lets see; First there was MIRS and all the color coded software updates.
I went color blind by the time they past the 'purple load'.

blah, blah, blah....

======================================================

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges & Refill Kits for Your HP at Myinks.com
Free shipping on orders $50 or more to the US and Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5706&lp=home/hp.asp
http://us.click.yahoo.com/arYXfA/.xWGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 23:01:10 -0400

I can tell you who the dope is.........
They are in court with VZ in Va.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 12:28:02 -0400

sparkie_rf wrote:

> -

It would not surprise me-

> friggin years for christ sake, and so far nothing, nada, nil, zippo.

I don't know what the H*** they are doing. They fired some of the key players in
the last round of layoffs. One of the guys was  keeping me updated but since he is
gone. I have breed a new insider. My other guy is on the sales end and he is to
busy sending out resumes.

> smelled, and tasted etc. tens and tens of solutions.

Oh yea- I even have an internal news letter saying they were testing  a year ago.

> 3) The goal from the begining was to use an "industry-standard" CDMA

Yea- and I have not seen anything better. I'm waiting for Flarion to make a play
to see what is under their hood.

> standard solution, and thanks to NXTL they can't get it.

Errrrrrrrrr Q-Chat some how I don't think Moto's heart is in it.
I think they are work harder on their softswitch apps. Moto said they are testing
PTT  abroad on GSM networks. Since GSM has a stronger presence in europe that
looks like the move to me.

> the acquistion of non-PTT subs.

It's silly ..........people are scrambling  to deploy PTT and it takes longer to
converse than interconnect.
(Push-Release-Push-Release-Push-Release-Push-Release-Push-Release-Push-Release-Push-Release-for
what 5 Mins?) and you still must dial a string of nine (9)  numbers. All this
instant hype is going to come to a head when Goldman drops the bomb on the
so-called instant communications. I will be saying "Like I said........."

> Why the hell do we pay any SOB wireless exec any money at all?

To shovel the BS and make anal-yst believe it.

> service, then what the hell is MOT selling to ClearNet in Canada,

Exactly-

> to Mr. Dawson and his able crew? What am I missing here?

I don't know about Sprint or VZ talking to Soco.

I do know in the past that Nextel has refused help from Soco. Currently there is
some dialogue but I do not know to what extent. However, I think Timmy is too
proud (and he can make killing on Wall Street) to get the help to resolve the
interference problems.

Nextel continues to run ridiculously high ERP's, absurd downtilits and un-balanced
link budgets. Not to mention "Default" optimization settings. When they know they
can correct some of the problems with a little tweaking.

Back to Dawson's people.......

Dawson's people are the sharpest in the iDEN field, even sharper than Moto. In
1996 Moto had a cellsite limitation of approx. 300 per switch. Soco said
no......we can squeeze more out of the switch..... They did 306 sites. Even Moto
had to take notes. Soco had cross DAPs back in 1995. You could talk across four
states in dispatch mode, Georgia-Florida-Mississippi-Alabama. They pushed that not
Nexthell. Soco worked with TX-RX to get their BDA's to properly  pass iDEN  while
Nextel was playing with themselves trying to figure out how to block Soco from
getting any iDEN equipment. Soco deployed the first homemade microcell while Timmy
was begging for money.   The list goes on...and on....and on..and on..and on..and
on..and on..............

There is only a handful of Engineers at Nextel that I respect and know what's
going on. 3 of them are on the list.  Many others are wannabe "iDEN Engineers" but
are just glorified pager Engineers who Nextel got "On Da Cheap" when the bottom
pager industry fell out.

So anything else you want to know (Since the final chapter to my book is delayed,
awaiting the conclusion to the  "Scam Plan")?

> that run it, and of course the FCC!!!

Yea- Too much Buddy-Buddy stuff going on.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges & Refill Kits for Your Epson at Myinks.com
Free shipping on orders $50 or more to the US and Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5705&lp=home/epson.asp
http://us.click.yahoo.com/brYXfA/_xWGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2003 17:25:31 -0400

[email-masked] wrote:

> All this instant hype is going to come to a head when Goldman drops the bomb on the

July 18, 2003
And 2 days later Goldman Says:

<SNIP>
 "NXTL is doing what it should be in advance of losing its monopoly position in the PTT market -
improving retention and cutting costs to bolster margins. But given the recent strong rise in NXTL
shares this is priced in. Plus news flow in 2H is likely to get worse as PTT competitors emerge,
WLNP is introduced and the spectrum swap is further delayed or even derailed. We feel revised
guidance hints at these factors. Net add guidance of 1.9mn implies slower growth in 2H and a modest
EBITDA guidance increase despite lower adds and lower churn implies higher churn and/or costs (we
see both). While execution remains strong, we feel valuation is rich and challenges are sizable.
Reit U/N.

 http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/message/9512

Hey Timmy How's That For "Instant Communications?"