Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Pickering decides against CTIA post

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2003 15:21:33 -0400

Pickering decides against CTIA post
July 02 10:43:00, 2003

WASHINGTON—Rep. Chip Pickering (R-Miss.) has dropped out of the running to head
the Cellular Telecommunications &
Internet Association.

“This past week, my family and I did feel an obligation to have a serious
discussion about my having the opportunity to lead the
Cellular Telecommunications & Internet Association and to consider the impact of
that on our five boys,” said Pickering in a
statement.

“Today I feel a calling to public service and am withdrawing my name from
consideration of the CTIA position,” said Pickering.
“I will continue serving the people of Mississippi, which is a great honor, duty
and privilege. I want to thank everyone who has
supported me and my family.”

CTIA said it was honored that Pickering considered joining the organization. "We
were honored that Congressman Pickering
would consider joining CTIA. We respect his commitment to public service and his
decision to remain as the representative in
Congress of the people of the third district of Mississippi,” the association
said.

Until last week, the process to pick a successor to CTIA President Thomas Wheeler
had been kept very secret. Last week, Pickering’s name surfaced mysteriously as a
bona fide candidate for the $1 million-a-year CTIA post.

http://rcrnews.com/cgi-bin/news.pl?newsId=14140

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/