Subject: [mobile-ip] CFP: 4th International Workshop on Smart Appliances and Wearable Computing

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 10:24:15 +0200

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                               Call For Papers

      4th International Workshop on Smart Appliances and Wearable Computing
                                   IWSAWC 2004
                      http://www.unl.im.dendai.ac.jp/IWSAWC/

 Workshop at the 24th International Conference on Distributed Computing Systems
           (ICDCS 2004), March 23-26, 2004, Tokyo, Japan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This workshop is the fourth of an annual series of international workshops 
in conjunction with ICDCS. 

Technological development has brought about a rapid maturity in smart
appliances and devices, over the last few years, adding to the potential for
the emergence of a variety of systems, personal computers and applications.
Further enabling software and hardware for building and supporting such
applications is still required. These include new  kinds of embedded
devices, networks, infrastructure, software architectures and models.

Collaborative sharing and distribution of information and functionality
between participating appliances, heightens the utility of such new
technologies as the user works with applications, devices and  environments
seamlessly. This workshop provides a forum for the exchange of findings into
seamlessly collaborating appliances, environments and devices. In addition, 
it provides an opportunity for further exploration of selected topics  and
for the presentation of the most recent research and development findings in 
these rapidly changing fields.

TOPICS

Technical papers on such smart appliances and devices are solicited for oral 
presentation at IWSAWC 2004. Papers reporting new developments in computing 
with smart devices such as PDAs, wearable computers, and cellular phones, 
including but not limited to those listed below, are invited.

- Enabling Technologies for Appliance, Ubiquitous and Pervasive Computing
- Infrastructure for Ubiquitous Computing
- Home and Office Appliances 
- Portable Devices and Smart Sensors
- Wireless-phone Computing
- Home Networks and Wearable Networks
- Networks for Ubiquitous Computing 
- Passive, Active, and Smart Tags for Ubiquitous Computing
- Security and Privacy Aspects for Ubiquitous Computing 
- Wearable Computers and PDAs
- Software Architecture for Home/Smart Appliances
- Location-dependent and context-aware Computing

SUBMISSION

IWSAWC invites the submission of both "long" technical papers and "short"
work-in-progress reports. Long papers must be no more than 6 two-column
pages long and must include an abstract of 100 - 150 words. 
Short work-in-progress reports must be less than 3 two-column pages long.
Authors are invited to submit papers electronically through the conference Web
site at http://www.unl.im.dendai.ac.jp/IWSAWC/ after September 10, 2003. 
PDF format is preferred but PostScript format is acceptable. Conference 
proceedings will be published by IEEE Computer Society Press. We will also 
solicit poster demonstrations in November.

IMPORTANT DATES

   Submission deadline:                October 1, 2003
   Notification of acceptance:       November 15, 2003
   Camera ready papers:              December 20, 2003

WORKSHOP COMMITTEE

Steering Committee 
Hideyuki Tokuda, Keio University, Japan
Michael Beigl, University of Karlsruhe, Germany
Yoshito Tobe, Tokyo Denki University, Japan

Program Chair
Yoshito Tobe, Tokyo Denki University, Japan

Program Committee
Michael Beigl, University of Karlsruhe, Germany
Roy Campbell, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, USA
David J Greaves, University of Cambridge, UK
Hiroki Horiuchi, KDDI R&D Laboratories, Japan
Markus Lauff, SAP AG, Germany
Mike Little, Telcordia, USA
Jin Nakazawa, Keio University, Japan
Daniel Salber, IBM T.J. Watson Research Center, USA
Bernt Schiele, ETH Zuerich, Switzerland
Albrecht Schmidt, the University of Munich, Germany
Tsutomu Terada, Osaka University, Japan
Yoshito Tobe, Tokyo Denki University, Japan
Hideyuki Tokuda, Keio University, Japan
Lars Wolf, University of Braunschweig, Germany

CONTACT & INFORMATION
Yoshito Tobe, Tokyo Denki University, Japan
e-mail: [email-masked]