Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Re: Fwd: Woz to Wield a Personal Wireless System

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 18:52:15 -0400

This will raise the noise floor on the virtually intolerable 900 Mhz ISM band. While manufactures have migrated some Cordless Phones, Intercoms, Baby Monitors to
unlicensed 2.4& 5 Ghz bands many part 15 devices still operate on 900 MHz. The key problem here is deploying a potentially "Life Safety" device in an band where "Devices
must accept Harmful interference" and are afforded no protection from interference.

Here is another pitch for the company where the bundled children along with other items
as a use for the device.

Apple Computer co-founder Steve Wozniak Adds More Noise to the 900 Mhz ISM Band.

<snip>

"Wheels of Zeus wants to create a wireless network with location-monitoring tags and base stations in order to help consumers track pets, children, belongings and other
items."

www.wow-com.com

Anthony Townsend wrote:

> >
> > Woz to Wield a Personal Wireless System
> > Michael Singer
> > 07/21/2003
> >
> >
> > This article can be found online at the following location:
> > http://www.80211-planet.com/news/article.php/2238121
> >

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges & Refill Kits for Your Epson at Myinks.com
Free shipping on orders $50 or more to the US and Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5705&lp=home/epson.asp
http://us.click.yahoo.com/brYXfA/_xWGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/