Subject: [NEXTEL-1] DC Area Cellular Comparison

From: "havaloc" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 23:39:22 -0000

Here's a fascinating article about cellular coverage in the DC area,
complete with maps.  Compare Sprint vs Verizon for a laugh.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/technology/personaltech/wireless/

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 20:10:22 -0400

If you could pan the view out you would see nextel has more holes than sprint. The
funny thing is Sprint did not really start their build out until 1998.

VZ also has old Analog service that has been around for years that represents a
lot of their coverage.. I'm no sprint fan but they have done a lot in just a few
years.

Nextel has years on them but few coverage areas. Nextel is still stuck in the City
and Major Hwy. coverage mentality. They emphasized this on their weekly RF call
last week. Some things will never change......

ears.

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges & Refill Kits for Your Epson at Myinks.com
Free shipping on orders $50 or more to the US and Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5705&lp=home/epson.asp
http://us.click.yahoo.com/brYXfA/_xWGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->