Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Base station recommendations are being complied with - report

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2003 04:37:21 -0400

Base station recommendations are being complied with - report

Switzerland's mobile radio operators are succeeding in their attempts to
coordinate the location of their mobile radio installations outside the
conurbations. This is the outcome of a study jointly commissioned by the Federal
Offices OFCOM, SAEFL and ARE. The study examined how the guidelines concerning the
construction of antenna installations for mobile radio networks are implemented.
In particular, the study assessed the landscape effects outside the conurbations.
The study showed that in this respect no specific measures should be imposed at
present.

On instructions from the Department for the Environment, Transport, Energy and
Communications (DETEC) and the Swiss Conference of Directors of Building, Planning
and Environmental Protection (BPUK), in 2000 a working group drew up
recommendations for coordination of planning permission procedures for antenna
installations. These recommendations were adopted by the Swiss Federal
Communications Commission as binding conditions in the licenses.

Within the framework of a study commissioned jointly by the Federal Office of
Communications (OFCOM), the Swiss Agency for the Environment, Forest and Landscape
(SAEFL) and the Federal Office for Spatial Development (ARE), compliance with
these recommendations was examined. The study showed that this compliance is good.

The study was limited to evaluation of landscape effects of installations outside
the conurbations. Various databases of the Federal Offices were used as a base on
which statistical evaluation was performed. The results were verified using
on-site inspections and via interviews with the planning authorities of various
cantons. The results were presented and discussed at a conference which brought
together representatives from the network operators and the cantons.

On the basis of the results of the study, at present no additional measures should
be imposed in the licensing procedure. The ideas and suggested improvements
generated by the study and at the conference will be discussed by the relevant
Federal Offices and pursued further if necessary.

http://www.cellular-news.com/story/9211.shtml

Posted to the site on 03-Jul-03

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/