Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Iraq Mobile Phone Bidding Favors UK & US

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 14:42:21 -0400

Iraq Mobile Phone Bidding Favors UK & US
Summary

Bidding for licenses to provide mobile-phone services in Iraq favors US and UK
companies, the Times said, citing a copy of the contract. Many Arab and European
companies are banned from bidding by a clause in the document that bars approaches
from any business which is more than 5 percent owned by the government, according
to the paper. Bahrain Telecommunications and Kuwait-based Mobile
Telecommunications, which were both ordered to close down unlicensed operations by
the Coalition Provisional Authority last week, are not eligible to bid for the
three regional contracts on offer, the paper said.  Reported by Bloomberg.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/sO0ANB/LIdGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: "Todd Ellis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 15:11:17 -0400

I did some business with Kuwait MTC in the mid 90s.  The Al Sabbahs have got
to be a bit irate.

Todd Ellis

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, July 31, 2003 2:42 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Iraq Mobile Phone Bidding Favors UK & US

Bidding for licenses to provide mobile-phone services in Iraq favors US and
UK
companies, the Times said, citing a copy of the contract. Many Arab and
European
companies are banned from bidding by a clause in the document that bars
approaches
from any business which is more than 5 percent owned by the government,
according
to the paper. Bahrain Telecommunications and Kuwait-based Mobile
Telecommunications, which were both ordered to close down unlicensed
operations by
the Coalition Provisional Authority last week, are not eligible to bid for
the
three regional contracts on offer, the paper said.  Reported by Bloomberg.