Subject: [NEXTEL-1] RFP _ Tower Erection & Other Srvcs _ MO

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 17:52:46 -0400

-------- Original Message --------
From: "msmith4tli" <[email-masked]>
Subject:RFP _ Tower Erection & Other Srvcs _ MO

-Tower Erection Services
N-Installation of Equipment
Department of Commerce

The U.S. Department of Commerce, NOAA intends to acquire services 
which include all labor, materials, disposal, supervision, 
coordination, and equipment necessary to complete National Weather 
Service (NWS) project, Tower and Electrical Service in Support of 
Radiosonde Replacement (RSS) at the National Weather Service offices 
located in North Platte, NE, Davenport, IA and Valley, NE. The work 
includes, but is not limited to: notification of all utility 
companies and NWS prior to excavation; preparation of subgrade, 
disposal of excavated material off site unless otherwise approved by 
NWS; place and compact aggregate in 3" lifts; construction of new 
concrete tower base with #4 rebar, tower assembly kit and rigid steel 
(RGS) conduit stubbed through tower base; assemble and erect 
Government furnished Glen Martin Engineering, Inc., tower and install 
lightning protection/grounding kit in accordance with manufacturer's 
specifications; supply an enclosed, rainproof and grounded disconnect 
box with a 115 volt 20 amp service, a weather-proof duplex outlet, 
mounting hardware and install it to the Glen Martin tower; supply and 
install 2" rigid steel conduit, rain-proof connections, conductors 
and 20 amp circuit breaker; trench, install underground conduits, 
pull conductors, place marking tape and place grounding cable; supply 
and install tower grounding loop (#4/0 bare copper) and mechanically 
connect it to the Glen Martin Tower; and restore and seed all areas 
disturbed by performance of this contract. Specifications and 
drawings will be provided with the Request for Quotation (RFQ). Upon 
award of a contract, the contractor will have a maximum of thirty 
(30) working days to complete the contract. The Government will 
provide one (1) 20 or 30' GM tower kit with lightning protection kit 
and a Tower-Base assembly kit. A separate purchase order may be 
awarded for each location or combined into 1 or more awards, 
depending on what is in the best interest of the Government. The 
Davis-Bacon wage determination for each area will be applicable, 
along with Government terms and conditions. Any small business 
interested in providing the services described, is encouraged to 
respond to this announcement. All requests for a copy of the RFQ must 
be submitted in writing to the attention of Jackie Shewmaker at the 
address stated in this announcement. Facsimile requests will be 
accepted at (816) 426-7530. This acquisition is 100% set-aside for 
small business. 

Solicitation Number: Reference-Number-NWWR9562300010JAS 

Department of Commerce, National Oceanic and Atmospheric 
Administration (NOAA), Central Administrative Support Center, 601 
East 12th Street, Room 1756, Kansas City, MO, 64106 

Jacquelyn Shewmaker, Contracting Officer, Phone (816) 426-7129 xt 
221, Fax (816) 426-7530, Email [email-masked] 

Due Date: July 31, 2003

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/