Subject: [NEXTEL-1] 3G W-CDMA Network COSMOTE

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 01:43:49 -0400

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/July2003/5662.htm

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Breakthrough Natural Health Specialties at VitaminBoost.com $20 to $40
Oral Sprays for Fast Results and Greater Absorption.
http://www.challengerone.com/t/l.asp?cid=2880
http://us.click.yahoo.com/3oMABA/muYGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

<script src="http://scripts.cgispy.com/randombanner/javarbanner.cgi?user=3Gtelecoms" language="JavaScript">
</script>

3G
HOME ssAdvertising
and Sponsorship ssFREE
Daily 3G Newsletter

ALL
TODAY'S PRESS RELEASES SEE BELOW

3G
W-CDMA Network COSMOTE

24th July 2003

Europe
: Ericsson and COSMOTE have now signed a Letter of Intent covering the
initial phase of COSMOTE's WCDMA roll out in Greece, until the end of
2004. Ericsson will deliver network infrastructure including core and
radio equipment, and will support the 3G rollout with a full range of
services.

The Ericsson WCDMA
solution will enable COSMOTE customers in Greece to continue enjoying
advanced mobile services in the new 3G era. In addition to designing
and implementing its 3G network, Ericsson has committed to work closely
with COSMOTE in developing attractive end-user services in advance of
the upcoming 2004 Olympic Games in Athens.

"The start
of the deployment of our 3G network in Greece is yet another milestone
for COSMOTE and confirms once again the company's proven commitment
to deliver the highest quality, most user-friendly services to the Greek
people," said Evangelos Martigopoulos, CEO of COSMOTE.

COSMOTE's Board
of Directors selected Ericsson as the main vendor for the first phase
of its 3G deployment in their June 19 board meeting. The first phase
covers the period until the end of 2004.

"We are very
honored that COSMOTE has selected Ericsson as the main partner for their
initial 3G network rollout," said Bill Zikou, President of Market
Unit South East Europe at Ericsson. "This Letter of Intent is yet
another confirmation of Ericsson's global leadership in providing end-to-end
WCDMA solutions and a clear recognition of our competitive local position."

Free
3G Phones

TODAY'S
PRESS RELEASES

3G
UMTS and E-GPRS Test Cases Validated

The
validation and GCF approval of these test cases are the signal for the
market launch of a new Racal Instruments test platform that will fulfil
the requirements of 3G mobiles and, based on the 3GPP specifications,
cover the entire spectrum of RF conformance tests.

NEC
High Definition Wireless Phone

The
launch of the 515 HDM in North America is a key part of NEC Corporation's
plans to significantly expand its overseas mobile phone business within
the fiscal year ending March 2004.

3G
W-CDMA Network COSMOTE

The
Ericsson WCDMA solution will enable COSMOTE customers in Greece to continue
enjoying advanced mobile services in the new 3G era.

AT&T
Take 3G W-CDMA Network

T&T
Wireless announced agreements with Nortel Networks and Ericsson to deploy
what is expected to be the first commercial W-CDMA network in North America.

3G
Network Expansion

Lucent
Technologies has successfully completed an expansion of the SKYLINK network
for Delta Telecom (Delta), the first Russian mobile operator to implement
a third-generation (3G) mobile network

New
Wireless Games Player Every 5 Seconds

Just
two years after launching its mobile games service, IN-FUSIO, the number
one mobile games service provider for operators in Europe and China, has
announced new user figures

3G
Home

3G
Forum

Subscribe
To Newsletter

3G
Press Releases

3G
Phone Zone

3G
Fun Zone

3G
New Launches

3G
Events

3G
Reports

3G
Directory

Advertise

All
Material Subject to Copyright. All logos, graphics and trademarks are the
property of their respective owners.