Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Motorola deploys first softswitch

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 01:43:24 -0400

Motorola deploys first softswitch
July 14 12:56:00, 2003

NEW DELHI, India—Motorola Inc. said it completed the first deployment of its
Motorola SoftSwitch for CDMA on a cdma2000 1x network in India. Analysts said the
deployment is the first sign that Motorola’s acquisition of Winphoria Networks in
May has successfully allowed the U.S.-based vendor to enter the switch market.

Tata Teleservices, a “limited mobility” operator that began its services earlier
this month, deployed the switch in Maharashtra circle in western India.

Motorola said the MSS-C switch provides all the features of a traditional circuit
switch, yet takes up to five times less space and three times less power than
traditional switches.

http://rcrnews.com/cgi-bin/news.pl?newsId=14283

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Free shipping on all inkjet cartridge & refill kit orders to US & Canada. Low prices up to 80% off. We have your brand: HP, Epson, Lexmark & more.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5510
http://us.click.yahoo.com/GHXcIA/n.WGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/