Subject: [NEXTEL-1] ARINC and AirPath to offer "Wi-Fi"

From: "marcel_rf1" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 03:53:51 -0000

ARINC and AirPath to offer "Wi-Fi"
Service Featuring Public and Private Access

July 3, 2003
Annapolis, Maryland

Moving to meet a growing market demand, ARINC Incorporated 
(http://www.arinc.com/) and Airpath Wireless,
Inc.(http://www.airpath.com/) this week announced their plan to form
a  strategic alliance. The alliance will deliver managed public and 
private wireless access at airports and other public places. The 
wireless system is based on today's popular 802.11 "Wi-Fi"
technology,with enhanced security.

The ARINC/Airpath solution is a single wireless infrastructure 
incorporating both public and private access networks. Airlines, 
airport authorities, and airport retailers expect to benefit from 
their own secure private wireless network, while passengers and
public  can enjoy enhanced broadband Internet connectivity for their 
PDAs and  laptop computers.

Although some airports already provide 802.11b Internet access in 
public areas, the new shared-use service will help airports deliver 
secure wireless networks. Airlines and airport retail stores also
have  need of secure networks, with continuing security enhancements. 
The  new managed network solution addresses both concerns, as well as 
providing public access.

"We believe airports of all sizes will benefit from this shared-use 
solution," indicated Ruth Hough, Vice President of Information 
Technology at ARINC. "The combined technology delivers two needed 
capabilities at once:

Airpath's proprietary software provides the neutral public access 
component, while ARINC's secure wireless technology supports 
management of the system's private-access users."

"Combining the security and bandwidth-control components of ARINC's 
private solution with Airpath's leading public access technology is a 
major strength of this solution," stated Todd Myers, Chairman and CEO 
of Airpath.  "It's the best possible answer for connectivity at 
today's public venues such as airports, train stations, convention 
centers, and other campus environments."

"This fully managed service will allow the airport customer and IT 
department to re-focus on vital operations, rather than on wireless 
deployment and maintenance," said Andrew Kemmetmueller, Product 
Manager at ARINC. "And we will continue to manage and enhance each 
system, keeping it future-proof."

Source: ARINC  http://www.arinc.com/news/2003/07-03-03.html
AirPath Wireless http://www.airpath.com/News/71003.asp

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/sOykFB/k9VGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/