Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Residents Win 3G Mast Fight

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2003 01:43:34 -0400

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/July2003/5575.htm

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

<script src="http://scripts.cgispy.com/randombanner/javarbanner.cgi?user=3Gtelecoms" language="JavaScript">
</script>

3G
HOME ssAdvertising
and Sponsorship ssFREE
Daily 3G Newsletter

ALL
TODAY'S PRESS RELEASES SEE BELOW

Residents
Win 3G Mast Fight

3rd
July 2003

Residents
have scored another notable victory against a mobile phone giant.

People fighting
plans to build a 3G phone mast across the road from their houses have
seen their opposition upheld for a second time by independent Government
inspectors.

And the residents
of Chester Road, Sandiway, hope this time Orange take note and move
its mast elsewhere.

Orange had twice
lodged appeals with planning inspectors into Vale Royal Borough Council's
decision to turn down its proposal to build the 25ft 'simulated tree'
phone mast among trees just off the A556.

On Thursday planning
inspector Peter Young rejected Orange's second appeal - and residents
now hope it is the end of the matter.

In his report, Mr
Young said: 'I have concluded this proposal does not conform to the
relevant provision of the development plan.

'It would, in my
view, make these dwellings a distinctly less pleasant place in which
to live.'

Delighted resident
Claire Britton, who helped co-ordinate the campaign against the mast,
said: 'The last time the inspector refused the appeal, he referred to
the design of the mast. This, I feel, seems a more cut and dried refusal,
as he says it doesn't conform to the development plan.

'Part of me has
a certain sympathy with Orange. It had to pay a huge amount of money
for the new 3G licences, and now it is facing all these problems implementing
the technology. I suppose that makes me a classic NIMBY, but equally
I have no intention of getting 3G technology myself, so I don't want
it across the road from my house.'

Claire added: 'We
don't know about the health risks today - we may know in 10 years time,
but I don't want to spend the next decade worrying about what the mast
might be doing to my two children.'

Read
More

TODAY'S
PRESS RELEASES

Residents
Win 3G Mast Fight

People
fighting plans to build a 3G phone mast across the road from their houses
have seen their opposition upheld for a second time by independent Government
inspectors.

Multimedia
Player For NEC's 3G Phones

Sasken
announced that its multimedia component technology is to be provided for
NEC's next generation FOMA phones.

Increased
Security For 3G Phones

F5
Networks will provide Secure Socket Layer (SSL) client authentication
and SSL acceleration for data encryption for FOMA 3G phones.

3G
Branded Data Services

3G
LAB announced a range of Trigenix Stores - ready-made, updateable user
interface modules for mobile phones that enable network operators to quickly
and easily create branded data services

LG's
3G Aspirations

LG
Korea has confirmed that its 3G operation will launch into commercial
mode by the end of 2003.

TD-SCDMA
Forum Joins 3GPP

The
Organizational Partners of the Third Generation Partnership Project (3GPP™)
have approved an application by the TD-SCDMA Forum to become a Market
Representation Partner within the project.

3G
Home

3G
Forum

Subscribe
To Newsletter

3G
Press Releases

3G
Phone Zone

3G
Fun Zone

3G
New Launches

3G
Events

3G
Reports

3G
Directory

Advertise

All
Material Subject to Copyright. All logos, graphics and trademarks are the
property of their respective owners.