Subject: [NEXTEL-1] this is cool

From: "Rik Rasmussen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 17:57:11 -0400

Canesta, Inc. -- Products

         Contact Us  Site Map

           Home
           Technology
           Products
            Canesta Keyboard
            FAQ
           Customers and Partners
           Company Information
           Employment

            Products

            Features and Benefits | Canesta Keyboard Perception Chipset |
Getting Started with Canesta | Canesta Usability Labs

--------------------------------------------------------------------

            Canesta Keyboard™
            The Canesta Keyboard is the world's first projection keyboard
capable of being fully integrated by OEMs into smart phones, cell phones,
PDAs, or other mobile or wireless devices (view clip). When equipped with
the Canesta Keyboard, the OEM device uses a tiny laser "pattern
projector" -- also developed by Canesta -- to project the image of a
full-sized keyboard onto a convenient flat surface between the device and
the user, such as a tabletop or the side of a briefcase. The user can then
type on this image and Canesta's electronic perception technology will
instantly resolve the user's finger movements into ordinary serial keystroke
data that is easily utilized by the wireless or mobile device. The Canesta
Keyboard Perception Chipsetâ„¢ includes all the modules needed for a
projected keyboard product including: the Canesta Keyboard Sensor Module,
the Canesta Keyboard Light Source, and the Canesta Keyboard Pattern
Projector.

            The Canesta Keyboard is an important new application that
resolves the "missing link" with mobile and wireless devices -- the ability
to do "true" data input. Current input solutions such as thumb keyboards or
handwriting recognition, though popular, are limited in their ability to
support typing-intensive applications such as document and memo creation as
well as email composition. An integrated projection keyboard means that the
mobile or wireless device can now support applications that previously would
have only been practical with a full-sized, mechanical keyboard. This is
good news for OEMs that wish to differentiate their products with important,
new mobility applications, and good news for service providers, that now can
offer value added services to their subscribers, including "leave your
notebook PC at home."

             Features and Benefits

             Canesta Keyboard Perception Chipset

             Getting Started with Canesta

             Canesta Usability Lab

      Copyright 2002 Canesta, Inc. All Rights Reserved.