Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Wireless Design Online Newsletter

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 15:16:00 -0400

================================================================
Wireless Design Online Newsletter - http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com
Thursday, July 24, 2003
================================================================

------------------------------------- 
FEATURED ARTICLES
-------------------------------------  

1) White Paper: Telematics -- Directing the Future of Transport
2) Lucent lands $1 billion deal to upgrade Sprint PCS net 
3) Samsung unveils fastest handheld chip

---------------------------------------

1) White Paper: Telematics -- Directing the Future of Transport

The next 'big thing' in the automotive sector is widely expected to be a surge in
the telematics market. This paper therefore looks at the potential offered by the
telematics revolution, and how wireless technologies are going to facilitate the
next generation of transport...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/44877/793725

2) Lucent lands $1 billion deal to upgrade Sprint PCS net 

Sprint said Tuesday (July 22) it has awarded Lucent Technologies a $1 billion
contract to enhance its CDMA2000 1xRTT-based PCS cellular network in the United
States. The deal is intended to shore up Sprint's nationwide coverage, performance
and reliability...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/44878/793725

3) Samsung unveils fastest handheld chip

Korean electronics giant Samsung has beaten Intel to take the crown in handheld
processor speed. The company said it has developed the world's fastest mobile CPU
(central processing unit), the S3C2440, which runs at a core speed of 533MHz...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/44878/793725

------------------------------------- 
FEATURED PRODUCTS
-------------------------------------

1) Q2V Series VHF-UHF Coils
2) Wireless LAN IEEE 802.11a/b/g Chipset
3) Oven Controlled Crystal Oscillators (OCXO)
4) PC5-5 Ultracapacitors
5) WISMO Quik Q2300 Series CDMA

---------------------------------------  

1) Q2V Series VHF-UHF Coils

Features:
- Very low TC, Typically 30 PPM/C
- Magnetic and electrostatic shielding 
- Moisture sealed construction 
- Very low distributed capacitance (high Fo)
- More...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/44883/793725

2) Wireless LAN IEEE 802.11a/b/g Chipset

The RFCS5420 802.11 a/b/g wireless LAN chipset enables cost-effective, low power,
high performance and feature-rich client and access point (AP) solutions. The
RFCS5420 chipset is fully 802.11 a/b/g compliant and supports both the 5.15-5.35
GHz UNII bands, the 4.9-5.1 GHz Japan band and the 2.4 GHz ISM band. Downloadable
pdf datasheet available...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/44879/793725

3) Oven Controlled Crystal Oscillators (OCXO)

Corning's Oven Controlled Crystal Oscillator (OCXO) typically consists of a
precision quartz crystal, an oven block, a temperature sensor, a heating element,
oven circuitry, oscillator circuitry and insulating material...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/44880/793725

4) PC5-5 Ultracapacitors

Storing 23 Joules at 5 volts, and weighing only 8 grams in a 19 x 24 x 9.5 mm
package, Maxwell's UL recognized PC5-5 ultracapacitor is ideal for consumer
electronics, wireless transmission, medical devices, automatic meter readers, and
many other applications. Downloadable pdf datasheet available...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/44881/793725

5) WISMO Quik Q2300 Series CDMA

Outfit your application with cutting-edge CDMA 2000 1xRTT and start delivering
high-speed wireless data and voice capability -- right now. Designed for quick,
custom integration into PDAs, notebooks, handsets and numerous other wireless
devices, the WISMO Quik Q2338 module lets you focus on developing next-generation
products...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/44882/793725

-------------------------------------
CONSULTING SERVICES 
-------------------------------------

Your projects deserve the best consultants... By using Wireless Design Online
Consulting Services, you'll find them quickly and easily. GUARANTEED. With
performance data on 1,800 pre-qualified firms, this easy-to-use service ensures
you'll get the right firm, every time. Check out our guarantee at:
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/44884/793725

-------------------------------------
TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES
-------------------------------------

e-Learning Wireless Curriculum 
If you need to understand how wireless technologies have evolved, where they are
today, and where they are headed in the near future, you need to access the
e-Learning Wireless Curriculum. A clear understanding of the fundamentals of
wireless technologies is necessary if you and your company expect to compete
successfully in today's rapidly changing marketplace. Access the discounted bundle
package today and receive the LexiCAT Reference Library CD-ROM absolutely FREE.
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/44885/793725

-------------------------------------
INDUSTRY EVENTS
-------------------------------------

WIRELESS SOLUTIONS
IIR Telecommunications and Technology conferences focus on wireless solutions,
including profitability and next-generation strategies, indoor coverage and
capacity, prepaid services, WLANs and WiFi technologies, and more. We encourage
you to visit IIR Telecoms and technology's web site for a complete listing of
upcoming events!
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/44886/793725

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Breakthrough Natural Health Specialties at VitaminBoost.com $20 to $40
Oral Sprays for Fast Results and Greater Absorption.
http://www.challengerone.com/t/l.asp?cid=2880
http://us.click.yahoo.com/3oMABA/muYGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/