Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel 'altering' agreements again

From: "havaloc" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 17:26:02 -0000

In my latest bill.

Important Notice for All SMS Customers - effective July 1,
2003, the SMS pay-as-you-go and overage rates will be
increasing from $0.10 to $0.15 per message. Also, NOL
Premium Web and NOL Text & Numeric Paging 300 customers
will be moving to pay-as-you-go SMS pricing at $0.15 per
message.

For a little background, if you signed up for 'Nextel Online' in the
past, you'd get 300 free SMS messages.  Nextel has also taken away 8pm
N/W minutes and moved them to 9pm, and also eliminated to the second
rounding on many plans, to people under contract.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/sOykFB/k9VGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: "Bulldog" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 22:48:54 -0000

Nextel doesn't even support true SMS.

They want you to buy their propietary two-way crap messaging.

This is another attempt to make you wanna dial the phone, thus 
inducing the likelihood of experiencing overage charges at 35-cents a 
minute.

Phooey!  A bucket of mobile messages should be included in all rate 
plans.  Crap, just crap.  Like WAP.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Free shipping on all inkjet cartridge & refill kit orders to US & Canada.
We have your brand: HP, Epson, Lexmark, Canon & more.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5510
http://us.click.yahoo.com/kP..SB/49VGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

---

From: "Andrew Dorsett" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 03:29:38 -0000

> > past, you'd get 300 free SMS messages.  Nextel has also taken 
away 

So if I'm reading this correctly they are taking away all of my 300 
text messages which I used to replace my alpha pager?  I hope some 
high-up Nextel employees are lurking in the group.  Because this 
bites!  I think I'm going to start shopping for another carrier...

Andrew

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 23:40:11 -0400

They do- I know it as a fact.

There is a joke going around in reston-

"IN GOD WE TRUST.........But Nextel-1 We Monitor"

Andrew Dorsett wrote:I hope some

> bites!

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 00:02:08 -0400

Seriously-

I think one of the dealers here can answer that. Here is the Nextel rate plan that
they send to dealers (July-03 it's easier to read that their web site) see if you
can find the "Overage Charge"  in their number 2 font small print.....