Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel- Extends (Interference to) America

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 23:05:25 -0400

Nextel-  Extends (Interference to) America
Nextel Signs Agreement with Extend America to
Bring Network Coverage to Rural Areas
Wednesday July 9, 10:02 am ET

RESTON, Va.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--July 9, 2003--Nextel Communications Inc.
(NASDAQ:NXTL - News) today announced it has entered into an agreement with Extend
America(TM) Inc., a telecommunications company that is building Nextel's iDEN
wireless network coverage in a number of rural markets. Extend America plans to launch
service by the end of this year.

The first markets to benefit from the
differentiated service will be
Bismarck and Mandan, North
Dakota, which will cover 13,000
square miles where approximately
114,000 people live or work. Extend
America then plans to expand the
network coverage to parts of South
Dakota, Wyoming, Nebraska and
Montana, which will cover an
additional 332,000 square miles
where approximately 1.8 million
people live or work.

Extend America will sell iDEN wireless
digital voice, Nextel's Nationwide
Direct Connect(TM) digital
walkie-talkie service and text and
numeric messaging, all powered by
Nextel, to customers in these rural areas.

These services will be sold under the Extend America name, powered by Nextel(TM).
Extend America customers will be part of Nextel's nationwide network and will
benefit from the same services as Nextel and Nextel Partners customers. Nextel,
Nextel Partners and Extend America customers will be able to use their wireless
services anywhere on the three companies' networks seamlessly and at no roaming
cost.

"Extend America will focus on developing the iDEN network in a number of rural
areas, as Nextel focuses on enhancing the network in major metropolitan areas and
Nextel Partners concentrates on expanding service in mid-sized markets," said Tom
Kelly, executive vice president and chief operating officer for Nextel. "All of
our customers will be able to use their iDEN wireless phones regardless of their
location."

"Extend America's coverage plan is a perfect complement to the Nextel national
network already in place," said John Chapple, president, chief executive officer
and chairman of Nextel Partners, which holds exclusive rights to offer Nextel
services in mid-sized U.S.  markets. "Network expansion is great news for our
customers, who value Nextel's differentiated product and dedication to customer
satisfaction."

"We're excited to bring Nextel's wireless products and services to the rural areas
of America," said Ed Schafer, chief executive officer for Extend America. "We
believe customers in these markets will benefit from the ability to connect to
information and people through the highest quality digital networks available,
thereby improving the quality of life and commerce in rural communities."

About Extend America
Extend America(TM) will introduce fully integrated, all digital wireless
telecommunications services this fall in North Dakota and will quickly expand into
parts of South Dakota, Montana, Wyoming and Nebraska. Extend America(TM) will
offer high quality services available from Nextel, including digital cellular,
text and numeric messaging, wireless Internet access and Nextel Direct Connect(TM)
digital walkie-talkie, all in a single wireless phone. Extend America(TM)
customers will be able to communicate seamlessly on the Nextel National Network as
they travel through the largest markets in the United States, as well as thousands
of other communities in which Nextel, Nextel Partners and Extend America offer
this service.

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/030709/95341_1.html

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Free shipping on all inkjet cartridge & refill kit orders to US & Canada.
We have your brand: HP, Epson, Lexmark, Canon & more.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5510
http://us.click.yahoo.com/kP..SB/49VGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/