Subject: [NEXTEL-1] CSI Wireless Awarded Patent for AVL-1 Antenna

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 13:45:10 -0400

CSI Wireless Awarded Patent for AVL-1 Antenna

CSI Wireless was awarded a patent for its AVL-1 antenna signal splitter technology
for the automotive market. The AVL-1 uses a vehicle's standard AM/FM radio antenna
to receive GPS (DGPS) signals, which allows users to improve their location
accuracy to within one to five meters. The new technology also provides highly
accurate GPS positioning data for applications, such as vehicle navigation, stolen
vehicle tracking and recovery, 911 emergency applications and more.
===========================================================================
CSI Wireless Awarded Antenna Patent for Vehicle GPS Navigation Market

Employs vehicles' standard AM/FM car antenna to receive precise location
signals

Toronto Stock Exchange Symbol: CSY

CALGARY, July 15 /CNW/ - (TSX:CSY): CSI Wireless Inc., a designer and manufacturer
of advanced wireless and GPS products, has been awarded a patent for its antenna
splitter technology for the automotive market. Initially submitted for patent
protection in early 2000, the AVL-1 antenna signal splitter uses a vehicle's
standard AM/FM radio antenna to receive accuracy-enhancing differential GPS (DGPS)
signals.

GPS accuracy improvement is a requirement for many automotive applications and
CSI's differential GPS technology is seen as an effective solution. It enables
users to improve their location accuracy to within one to five metres -
substantially better than the 20-metre accuracy that is typically available from
standard GPS.

Automotive manufacturers like the enhanced accuracy of differential GPS, but they
have struggled with its extra costs, and with the fact it requires an additional
antenna on the vehicle. CSI Wireless' AVL-1 signal splitter provides a
cost-effective and convenient solution by employing the vehicle's existing AM/FM
car antenna - eliminating the need for another antenna.  When integrated as part
of an overall solution, the AVL-1 provides highly accurate differential GPS
positioning data for automotive applications such as car navigation, stolen
vehicle tracking and recovery, Intelligent Transportation Systems, and 911
emergency and safety applications.  The AVL-1 enables a standard AM/FM antenna to
interface with CSI Wireless' 300 kHz beacon differential technology. The splitter
effectively inserts itself between the vehicle's antenna and the radio, with a
connector to one of CSI Wireless' DGPS receivers. This eliminates the need for
additional external DGPS antennas on all vehicles equipped with AM/FM antennas.

The AVL-1 provides signals to both the AM/FM radio and the DGPS receiver without
performance degradation. The signal splitter's performance is comparable to that
of CSI Wireless' high-end "whip" antennas. Smaller than a deck of cards, the AVL-1
is capable of functioning in extremely harsh environments, and can be easily
installed in virtually all vehicles.  "Thanks to its low cost and size, and its
excellent performance, our AVL-1 antenna signal splitter can open new
opportunities in the automotive industry's evolving use of GPS," said Stephen
Verhoeff, CSI Wireless' President and CEO. "There are many applications in the
Automobile Industry that will require increased accuracy and we look forward to
the AVL-1 addressing that need."

About CSI Wireless

With offices in Calgary, Silicon Valley, and Phoenix, CSI Wireless designs and
manufactures innovative, cost-effective, wireless and GPS products for mobile and
fixed applications in the agriculture, marine, automotive and other markets.
Through the integration of GPS and wireless, CSI has begun serving several
emerging high-growth markets including Fleet Management, Asset Tracking,
Telematics, Stolen Vehicle Recovery and Fixed-Base Wireless Telephones. The
Company owns numerous patents and intellectual property relating to wireless and
GPS technologies. CSI Wireless has licensed its cellular technology to GPS,
cellular handset, and chipset manufacturers. The company's common shares trade on
The Toronto Stock Exchange under the trading symbol "CSY", with approximately 22
million outstanding. For online information about CSI Wireless, go to
www.csi-wireless.com.

The above disclosure contains certain forward-looking statements that involve
substantial known and unknown risks and uncertainties. These forward-looking
statements are subject to numerous risks and uncertainties, certain of which are
beyond CSI Wireless's control, including: the impact of general economic
conditions, industry conditions, increased competition, the lack of availability
of qualified personnel or management, fluctuations in foreign exchange or interest
rates, stock market volatility and market valuations of companies with respect to
the announced transactions and the final valuations thereof, and obtaining
required approvals of regulatory authorities. CSI Wireless's actual results,
performance or achievement could differ materially from those expressed in, or
implied by these forward-looking statements and, accordingly, no assurances can be
given that any of the events anticipated by the forward-looking statements will
transpire or occur, or if any of them do so, what benefits, including the amount
of proceed, that CSI Wireless will derive therefrom.

For further information: please contact: Stephen Verhoeff, President & CEO, CSI
Wireless Inc., (403) 259-3311, [email-masked];
Cory Pala, Investor Relations, E-vestor Communications Inc., (416) 657-2400,
[email-masked]; Jeff Adams, Public Relations Manager, CSI Wireless
Inc., (403) 259-3311, (403) 615-8747 (cell), [email-masked]

http://www.newswire.ca/releases/July2003/15/c2281.html

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges & Refill Kits for Your HP at Myinks.com
Free shipping on orders $50 or more to the US and Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5706&lp=home/hp.asp
http://us.click.yahoo.com/arYXfA/.xWGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 17:10:03 -0400

This company is going to make keeping tabs on suspects a lot easier. Not to mention
keeping slick top vehicles "slick".
I wonder if it will work with diversity systems and if there is any signal degradation
on the AM/FM bands?

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Control Hunger EZ with fast acting oral EZ Appetite Suppressant Spray
from VitaminBoost.com. 1 Month Supply - 2oz., 80 sprays: $19.97.
http://www.challengerone.com/t/l.asp?cid=2866&lp=ezappetite3.html
http://us.click.yahoo.com/aSJFwB/XWXGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->