Subject: [NEXTEL-1] @Road

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 23:57:37 -0400

http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/cb_headline.cgi?&story_file=bw.072903/232105877&directory=/google&header_file=header.htm&footer_file=

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Free shipping on all inkjet cartridge & refill kit orders to US & Canada. Low prices up to 80% off. We have your brand: HP, Epson, Lexmark & more.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5510
http://us.click.yahoo.com/GHXcIA/n.WGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

CORRECTING and REPLACING @Road Quarterly Service Revenues Up 14 Percent Sequentially; Company Reports $0.00 Per Share in the Second Quarter

BW5877 JUL 29,2003 15:02 PACIFIC 18:02 EASTERN

( BW)(CQN-CA-@ROAD)(ARDI) CORRECTING and REPLACING @Road Quarterly
Service Revenues Up 14 Percent Sequentially; Company Reports $0.00 Per
Share in the Second Quarter

Business Editors

CORRECTION...by @Road

FREMONT, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--July 29, 2003--Please replace
BW5479 issued July 24, 2003, (CA-@ROAD) @Road Quarterly Service
Revenues Up 14 Percent Sequentially, with the following revised
release.

The corrected release reads:

@ROAD QUARTERLY SERVICE REVENUES UP 14 PERCENT SEQUENTIALLY;
COMPANY REPORTS $0.00 PER SHARE IN THE SECOND QUARTER

@Road(R) (Nasdaq:ARDI), a leading provider of mobile resource
management (MRM) solutions, today announced results for the second
quarter ended June 30, 2003.

Service revenues for the second quarter of 2003 were $12.1
million, up 53 percent from $8.0 million reported for the same period
in 2002 and up 14 percent from $10.6 million for the first quarter
2003. Total revenues for the second quarter of 2003 were $15.8
million, up 51 percent from $10.5 million reported for the same period
in 2002 and up 15 percent from $13.7 million for the first quarter
2003.

"We are very pleased to report second quarter results of $0.00 per
share," said Krish Panu, president and CEO of @Road. "We are also very
pleased by the 14 percent growth in our service revenues in the second
quarter compared to the first quarter of 2003 in light of the
challenging business climate in the United States. We were able to
increase our subscriber base and improve our margins and several of
our other operating metrics," stated Mr. Panu.

Net loss for the second quarter of 2003 was $227,000, or a loss of
$0.00 per share, compared with a net loss of $4.2 million, or a loss
of $0.09 per share, for the same period in 2002.

For the six months ended June 30, 2003, total revenues increased
to $29.5 million from $20.2 million for the same period a year ago.
Service revenues grew to $22.7 million for the six months ended June
30, 2003 from $15.2 million for the same period a year earlier.

Net loss for the first six months of 2003 was $1.5 million, or a
loss of $0.03 per share, compared with a net loss of $9.5 million, or
a loss of $0.21 per share, for the same period in 2002.

The company's balance sheet at June 30, 2003 included $40.9
million of cash, cash equivalents and short-term investments. Total
assets as of June 30, 2003 were $74.6 million.

Second Quarter 2003 Highlights

-- Financial -- increased subscriber base by 10 percent from
March 31, 2003 and by 42 percent from June 30, 2002; increased
cash, cash equivalents and short-term investments by $1.7
million in the second quarter of 2003 from the first quarter
of 2003.

The American Stock Exchange(R) (Amex(R)) began trading options
on @Road on Monday, June 2, 2003. The options trade in the
January expiration cycle with initial expirations in June,
July, October and January.

The Chicago Board Options Exchange (CBOE) began listing
options on @Road common stock under the CBOE ticker symbol UDH
on Wednesday, June 4, 2003. The options trade in the January
expiration cycle with initial expirations in June, July,
October and January.

-- Strategic Customers -- selected by Frontier Communications, a
Citizens Communications Company, to help it manage its field
operations, improve productivity and increase customer
satisfaction. Frontier offers service in 24 states over 2.4
million access lines across the U.S.

Waste Management, a nationwide provider of collection,
landfill, recycling and other related services, has equipped
1,800 of its mobile workers in 12 U.S. markets with Nextel
Communications' assisted GPS-enabled phones by Motorola and
the @Road mobile resource management service.

-- New Services -- Announced the availability of @Road Driver
Logs and State Mileage Report features. @Road Driver Logs is
designed to be an automated Hours of Service feature.
Subscribers can now electronically record Duty Status changes
and Hours of Service (HOS) information directly into their
on-board @Road Internet Data Terminal(TM)(iDT(TM)). The State
Mileage Report feature is designed to enable companies to
automatically record how many miles each subscriber has
traveled. The information from the State Mileage Report can be
used when preparing state-mandated quarterly fuel tax reports.

Announced the nationwide availability of the @Road MRM service
offering using Sprint's all-digital, all-CDMA 1xRTT (single
carrier (1x) radio transmission technology) Third-Generation
(3G) wireless network.

Announced the availability of @Road DirectData 2.1 service.
For companies seeking to leverage their existing IT
infrastructure, DirectData 2.1 is designed to continuously and
securely deliver location-, message- and form-based
information to enterprise applications for integration into
routing, dispatching, payroll or other legacy systems.

Announced the general availability of the @Road MRM service
offering using AT&T Wireless' high-speed GPRS (General Packet
Radio Service) network.

-- Intellectual Property -- awarded two patents by the U.S.
Patent and Trademark Office, the eighth and ninth awarded to
the company. @Road has 36 additional patents pending in
jurisdictions throughout the world.

-- Accolades -- ranked 19 on the annual San Jose/Silicon Valley
Business Journal survey of the 50 fastest-growing public
companies in Silicon Valley. The Business Journal ranking
reflects a composite performance score in 2002 among all
publicly held companies in Silicon Valley, including return on
average equity, increase in revenues year-over-year and
improvement in profit margin year-over-year.

Conference Call and Webcast Details

@Road will host a teleconference Thursday, July 24th, commencing
at 2:00 p.m. Pacific DST, to discuss second quarter financial results.
Participating in the call will be @Road President and CEO Krish Panu
and CFO Tom Hoster. All interested parties may listen by dialing
800-231-9012 or 719-457-2617, or by tuning into the Webcast at
www.road.com.

About @Road

@Road (Nasdaq:ARDI) is a leading provider of mobile resource
management (MRM) services, a rapidly growing category of productivity
solutions integrating wireless communications, location technologies,
hosted software applications, transaction processing and the Internet
to help companies better manage mobile workers. Any size organization,
in any industry or public sector, in which improving the productivity
of mobile workers has an impact on revenue, expenses, customer service
and competitive advantage, will benefit from @Road MRM services.
Because @Road offers MRM services on a hosted basis, customers avoid
expensive and complex software and IT infrastructure investments.
Since @Road delivers services on a subscription basis, customers can
experience a rapid and measurable return-on-investment.

@Road delivers its MRM services to more than 109,000 mobile
workers in North America every day. The company has headquarters in
Fremont, CA, and secure networked data centers on both U.S. coasts.
For more information, visit the @Road web site at www.road.com.

Except for the historical information contained herein, the
matters discussed in this press release are forward-looking statements
involving risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to
differ materially from those in such forward-looking statements.
Potential risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to,
@Road historical and future losses and operating results; limited
operating history; scalability of the @Road business model; ability of
@Road to successfully develop, market and sell its products and
services, including Driver Logs, State Mileage Report, DirectData 2.1
services and products and services relating to the Sprint or AT&T
Wireless networks; ability of @Road to sell and deploy its products
and services to large customers, such as Waste Management and Frontier
Communications; dependence on wireless networks owned and controlled
by others, such as those offered by Sprint and AT&T Wireless; ability
of @Road to execute its plan and adapt to a rapidly changing economic
and business environment; and general economic and political
conditions. Further information regarding these and other risks is
included in the @Road Report on Form 10-K dated March 31, 2003, Report
on Form 10-Q dated May 14, 2003 and in its other filings with the
Securities and Exchange Commission. @Road undertakes no obligation to
update the forward-looking statements contained in this press release.

@Road is a registered trademark of At Road, Inc. The @Road logo,
Internet Data Terminal and iDT are trademarks of At Road, Inc. All
other trademarks and/or service marks are the property of their
respective owners.

At Road, Inc.
Condensed Consolidated Balance Sheets
(In thousands, unaudited)

June 30, Dec. 31,
2003 2002(*)
--------- ---------
ASSETS
Current assets:
Cash, cash equivalents, and short-term
investments $ 40,901 $ 37,900
Accounts receivable, net 7,557 7,407
Inventories 4,594 5,399
Deferred product costs and other current assets 11,150 9,937
--------- ---------
Total current assets 64,202 60,643

Property and equipment, net 2,165 2,500
Deferred product costs and other assets 8,268 7,407
--------- ---------
Total assets $ 74,635 $ 70,550
========= =========

LIABILITIES AND STOCKHOLDERS' EQUITY
Current liabilities:
Accounts payable and accrued liabilities $ 6,722 $ 7,278
Deferred revenue and customer deposits 9,297 7,594
--------- ---------
Total current liabilities 16,019 14,872

Deferred revenue 7,089 5,321
Other long term liabilities 114 190
--------- ---------
Total liabilities 23,222 20,383

Stockholders' equity:
Common stock 172,536 170,610
Deferred stock compensation (184) (491)
Notes receivable from stockholders (1,525) (2,068)
Accumulated deficit (119,414) (117,884)
--------- ---------
Total stockholders' equity 51,413 50,167
--------- ---------
Total liabilities and stockholders' equity $ 74,635 $ 70,550
========= =========

(*) Derived from the audited December 31, 2002 financial statements.

At Road, Inc.
Condensed Consolidated Statements of Operations
(In thousands, except per share amounts)
(unaudited)

Three months ended Six months ended
---------------------------------------------
June 30, March 31, June 30, June 30, June 30,
2003 2003 2002 2003 2002
---------------------------------------------

Revenues:
Service $12,135 $10,603 $ 7,957 $22,738 $15,208
Product 3,634 3,138 2,501 6,772 4,950
-------- -------- -------- -------- --------
Total revenues 15,769 13,741 10,458 29,510 20,158
-------- -------- -------- -------- --------
Costs and expenses:
Cost of service revenue 4,266 3,792 3,325 8,058 6,534
Cost of product revenue 5,192 4,637 3,796 9,829 7,750
Research and development 1,297 1,336 1,476 2,633 3,062
Sales and marketing 2,840 2,597 2,604 5,437 5,602
General and
administrative 2,440 2,218 1,899 4,658 4,832
Intangibles amortization 11 424 414 435 828
Stock compensation 94 192 376 286 437
-------- -------- -------- -------- --------
Total costs and
expenses 16,140 15,196 13,890 31,336 29,045
-------- -------- -------- -------- --------
Loss from operations (371) (1,455) (3,432) (1,826) (8,887)
Investment impairment
charge -- -- (1,035) -- (1,035)
Other income/(expense),
net 144 152 220 296 465
-------- -------- -------- -------- --------
Net loss $ (227) $(1,303) $(4,247) $(1,530) $(9,457)
======== ======== ======== ======== ========
Basic and diluted net loss
per share $ 0.00 $ (0.03) $ (0.09) $ (0.03) $ (0.21)
======== ======== ======== ======== ========
Shares used in calculating
basic and diluted net
loss per share 48,196 47,577 45,904 47,887 45,596
======== ======== ======== ======== ========

--30--PW/sf*

CONTACT: @Road
Thomas C. Hoster, 510-870-1099 (Chief Financial Officer)
[email-masked]
David J. Lebedeff, 510-870-1317 (Investor Relations)
[email-masked]

KEYWORD: CALIFORNIA
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: TELECOMMUNICATIONS E-COMMERCE INTERNET SOFTWARE
HARDWARE CONFERENCE CALLS EARNINGS
SOURCE: @Road