Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Half of people rude on cell phones, but only 15 percent admit it

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2003 13:23:25 -0400

Half of people rude on cell phones, but only 15 percent admit it
By Emily Motsay
July 01 13:00:00, 2003

According to a new Harris Interactive survey, 86 percent of wireless phone
subscribers believe they rarely or never
engage in discourteous cell-phone use. However, 50 percent believe Americans are
generally discourteous when using
cell phones.

More than half of those surveyed said they are uncomfortable leaving home without
their wireless phones. Further, 97
percent said they have either used or seen someone else use a wireless phone while
in a restaurant, 35 percent have
seen someone using a wireless phone during a play and 25 percent have seen someone
use a cell phone during a class.

In addition, although a majority of users believe features like a vibrating
ringer, voicemail and text messaging promote
courtesy, 45 percent do not use voicemail, 50 percent have never used a silent or
vibrating ringer and 77 percent have
not used text messaging.

The Harris Interactive survey was commissioned by AT&T Wireless Services Inc.,
which has dubbed July Wireless
Etiquette Month and has launched a series of wireless etiquette ads to run on
train cars in Boston, Chicago, New York
and San Francisco.

http://rcrnews.com/cgi-bin/news.pl?newsId=14132

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/