Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Pope SMS Messages Expands to Ireland

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 03:30:53 -0400

Pope SMS Messages Expands to Ireland

The Pope is using wireless to communicate with his congregation in Ireland.  Each
day at noon, the Vatican will send text messages taken from the Pope's sermons to
subscribers. Originally launched in Italy earlier this year, the service has now
been expanded to Ireland. Irish consumers can text "POPE ON" to 53141 in order to
subscribe to the service, which costs 20 cents per message.
=============================================================
Pope's message goes mobile

The pope is now communicating with the Irish faithful via mobile phone.  Every day
at noon, a service launched yesterday by the Vatican will deliver a text message
to subscribers; the messages are taken from the Pope's homilies and talks.
Yesterday's message said: "The world needs a sign of hope for Christian families.
May they be able to open their doors to the Lord." The service has been available
in Italy since January, and Ireland is only the second country in the world to
gain access. Irish subscribers can text "POPE ON" to 53141 to avail of the
service, which costs 20 cent per message.

http://www.emigrant.ie/daily.asp?iCategoryID=7#19530
n

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Free shipping on all inkjet cartridge & refill kit orders to US & Canada. Low prices up to 80% off. We have your brand: HP, Epson, Lexmark & more.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5510
http://us.click.yahoo.com/GHXcIA/n.WGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/