Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Malaysian network gains additional radio spectrum

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2003 08:32:28 -0400

Malaysian network gains additional radio spectrum

Malaysia's DiGi Telecommunications has been allocated an additional 2 X 2 MHz
frequency band for the enhancement of the company's cellular GSM service by the Malaysian Communications
and Multimedia Commission.

DiGi is naturally, rather pleased with this allocation and is currently evaluating
the utilisation of this additional frequency in the introduction of a dual band 900 MHz and 1800 MHz GSM system, in
line with its ongoing network planning activities.

With this additional frequency, DiGi will effectively be able to provide dual band
services that will improve DiGi's position in a consolidated market. The 900 MHz frequency band allows
coverage of wider areas at a lower cost than DiGi's existing 1800 MHz frequency band. This will thus have a
positive impact on DiGi's capital expenditure and coverage plans.

Posted to the site on 01-Jul-03

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/