Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Tutorial on Fiber-to-the-Home Technology

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 15:23:20 -0400

Tutorial on Fiber-to-the-Home Technology

The FCC’s Office of Engineering and Technology is sponsoring a tutorial on
“Fiber-to-the-Home Technology” on August 7, 2003
from 10:00 to 12:00 noon in the Commission Meeting Room (TW-C305), 445th 12th
Street S.W., Washington, D.C.

Mr. Jim Farmer, Vice President of the Fiber-to-the-Home (FTTH) Council
(http://www.ftthcouncil.org/overview.tpl) and CTO of Wave 7 Optics
(http://www.wave7optics.com), will present an overview of Fiber-to-the-Home
technology, also known as FTTH.  FTTH generally refers to the practice of
transmitting information or data as light particles through optical fibers between
a service provider network and the end-user premises.  This presentation is
intended to provide a broad overview of the characteristics and capabilities of
FTTH technology.  In particular, it will discuss transport options, architectures,
standards, technical considerations, and the fundamentals of optical fiber.  In
addition, Mr. Leonard Ray, Chairman of the Government Relations Committee for the
FTTH Council, will present a brief overview of current applications and
deployments of FTTH in North America and other areas of the world.   

Those who wish to attend this tutorial will be seated on a first-come first-serve
basis, and no reservations are necessary.  For additional information, please
contact Young Carlson at 202-418-2427, TTY 202-418-2989, [email-masked]. 
This tutorial will be broadcast live on the Internet at www.fcc.gov/realaudio. 
Videotapes of  the tutorial may be purchased from the FCC's contract copier, the
CACI Productions Group, 341 Victory Drive, Herndon, VA  20170 (telephone:
703-834-1470). 

http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-03-2365A1.doc

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get a FREE REFINANCE QUOTE - click here!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/nHYuCC/ca0FAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/