Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Re: looking to the future--700MHz

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 13:28:11 -0400

------- Original Message --------
From: "eric995us" <[email-masked]>
Subject:  Re: looking to the future--700MHz

What I was thinking about was the small size of the guard bands, the 
loose defination of "cellular" for the guard band stuff and that non 
public safety/non guard band stuff can have its base transmit in 
either part of the band.

It has been a few months since I've read the new rules, but as I 
recall......and it is my memories that are giving me the worries.  
Perhaps (and I actually hope so) I'm wrong.

The guard bands are 2MHz  and 1 MHz wide.  How many tenths of a dB 
rejection will a hand held radio's preselector manage to achieve in 
1MHz or 2MHz of space?  Will this be enough rejection to do any good 
when driving by what seems like a 250 yottawatt "commerical band" 
700MHz transmitter?  

Cellular operations in the guard band are prohibited.  To meet the 
defination of a cellular operation requires more than 19 channels at 
a site AND the channels running more than 100 watts ERP AND more than 
5 sites.  Would a 200 site, 75 Watt ERP per channel, 30 channel per 
site system be allowed in the guard band? 

Eric

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/sOykFB/k9VGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/