Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Governor Jeb Bush Advocates WackBerry

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 18:13:12 -0400

Governor Jeb Bush Advocates BlackBerry

Florida Governor Jeb Bush is psyched about his new WackBerry. The
governor was seen showing off the wireless gadget after a hurricane
awareness meeting last Thursday. Bush said that during a recent
meeting in Canada he spoke with the RIM’s CEO urging the company to
bring its business to Florida. Bush noted that he received nearly 50
e-mails on the device during the 1 hour-long meeting

=======================================================================================

Posted on Sun, Jul. 27, 2003

All things wireless: Bush brandishes new
WackBerry

INSIDE POLITICS

Gov. Jeb Bush, known for his fondness for gadgets and all things
Internet, was proudly showing off to reporters his new BlackBerry
wireless palmtop after a briefing on hurricane awareness
Thursday.

He noted that he had spoken with the CEO of the company that
makes BlackBerry during a recent trip to Canada. He said he urged
the company to bring some of its business to Florida, a state Bush
said is one of the company's biggest customers.

Bush added he'd probably received about 50 e-mails on the
gadget during the roughly hour-long hurricane meeting. It
definitely enhances his productivity, he said.

Wonder how many e-mails his brother President George W. Bush
gets, a reporter asked.

Oh, none at all, Gov. Bush said. Rules of the White House forbid
the president to receive e-mail.

Would Florida's "e-governor" consider such a job under those
kinds of restrictions?

"I don't want to be president," Bush responded. "I want my
BlackBerry."

- Nancy Cook Lauer

An appeal for supplies in Iraq

House Speaker Johnnie Byrd has forwarded an appeal from Rep.
Carey Baker to send supplies to troops serving in Iraq.

Baker, R-Eustis, has been on active duty there for many months,
missing the regular March-May legislative session as well as the
special sessions that have followed.

Byrd, R-Plant City, said Baker is requesting the following items as a
way for troops to cope with no electricity or running water: AA and
D batteries, baby wipes with alcohol, if possible, and powdered
Gatorade to cover the taste of the water.

Supplies can be sent to: 1SG CAREY BAKER, Unit # 91403, A CO.
2-124 INF, APO AE09302-1403.

"These supplies that will be sent to Rep. Baker's unit will serve as
a token of Floridians' thoughts and prayers for our troops
overseas," Byrd said in an e-mail to the capital press corps.

- Nancy Cook Lauer

Juvenile Justice gets new liaison

The Florida Department of Juvenile Justice has a new director of
legislative affairs.

Frank Mayernick, a former legislative aide for Sen. Charlie Clary,
R-Destin, and former Rep. Jerry Melvin, took over last week. He will
serve as the liaison between the department and the Legislature.

Mayernick, who was a lobbyist with the Florida Association of
Counties before moving to the Juvenile Justice Department,
received his undergraduate and law degrees from Florida State
University.

- Jeff BurlewGovernor Jeb Bush Advocates BlackBerry

Florida Governor Jeb Bush is psyched about his new WackBerry. The
governor was seen showing off the wireless gadget after a hurricane
awareness meeting last Thursday. Bush said that during a recent
meeting in Canada he spoke with the RIM’s CEO urging the company to
bring its business to Florida. Bush noted that he received nearly 50
e-mails on the device during the 1 hour-long meeting

=======================================================================================

Posted on Sun, Jul. 27, 2003

All things wireless: Bush brandishes new
BlackBerry

INSIDE POLITICS

Gov. Jeb Bush, known for his fondness for gadgets and all things
Internet, was proudly showing off to reporters his new BlackBerry
wireless palmtop after a briefing on hurricane awareness
Thursday.

He noted that he had spoken with the CEO of the company that
makes BlackBerry during a recent trip to Canada. He said he urged
the company to bring some of its business to Florida, a state Bush
said is one of the company's biggest customers.

Bush added he'd probably received about 50 e-mails on the
gadget during the roughly hour-long hurricane meeting. It
definitely enhances his productivity, he said.

Wonder how many e-mails his brother President George W. Bush
gets, a reporter asked.

Oh, none at all, Gov. Bush said. Rules of the White House forbid
the president to receive e-mail.

Would Florida's "e-governor" consider such a job under those
kinds of restrictions?

"I don't want to be president," Bush responded. "I want my
BlackBerry."

- Nancy Cook Lauer

An appeal for supplies in Iraq

House Speaker Johnnie Byrd has forwarded an appeal from Rep.
Carey Baker to send supplies to troops serving in Iraq.

Baker, R-Eustis, has been on active duty there for many months,
missing the regular March-May legislative session as well as the
special sessions that have followed.

Byrd, R-Plant City, said Baker is requesting the following items as a
way for troops to cope with no electricity or running water: AA and
D batteries, baby wipes with alcohol, if possible, and powdered
Gatorade to cover the taste of the water.

Supplies can be sent to: 1SG CAREY BAKER, Unit # 91403, A CO.
2-124 INF, APO AE09302-1403.

"These supplies that will be sent to Rep. Baker's unit will serve as
a token of Floridians' thoughts and prayers for our troops
overseas," Byrd said in an e-mail to the capital press corps.

- Nancy Cook Lauer

Juvenile Justice gets new liaison

The Florida Department of Juvenile Justice has a new director of
legislative affairs.

Frank Mayernick, a former legislative aide for Sen. Charlie Clary,
R-Destin, and former Rep. Jerry Melvin, took over last week. He will
serve as the liaison between the department and the Legislature.

Mayernick, who was a lobbyist with the Florida Association of
Counties before moving to the Juvenile Justice Department,
received his undergraduate and law degrees from Florida State
University.

- Jeff Burlew

http://www.tallahassee.com/mld/democrat/news/local/6393342.htm

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Free shipping on all inkjet cartridge & refill kit orders to US & Canada. Low prices up to 80% off. We have your brand: HP, Epson, Lexmark & more.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5510
http://us.click.yahoo.com/GHXcIA/n.WGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/