Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel completes Direct Connect’s nationwide rollout

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 23:50:04 -0400

Nextel completes Direct Connect’s nationwide rollout
July 29 13:07:00, 2003

RESTON, Va.—Nextel Communications Inc. and its affiliate Nextel Partners Inc.
reported full availability of their Nationwide Direct Connect service across the
United States and Hawaii, which the carriers said earlier this year would be
completed by mid-August.

“On behalf of everyone at Nextel, I am excited to announce the availability of
Nationwide Direct Connect in every single market we serve,” said Tim Donahue,
president and chief executive officer of Nextel. “All of Nextel’s integrated voice
and data services are now available to all subscribers in all coverage areas.”
Analysts noted the launch should position Nextel ahead of its competitors, which
are expected to launch similar nationwide press-to-talk services later this year.

“With the instantaneousness of Direct Connect going nationwide, emerging
alternative walkie-talkie interface technologies will be hard-pressed to compete
directly with Nextel,” said Adam Guy, senior analyst of wireless and mobile
services at the Yankee Group.

http://rcrnews.com/cgi-bin/news.pl?newsId=14484

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/sO0ANB/LIdGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/