Subject: [NEXTEL-1] 800 MHz User Coalition's "Balanced Approach" Gains Additional Support

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2003 11:37:34 -0400

800 MHz User Coalition's "Balanced Approach" Gains Additional Support

July 22, 2003

WASHINGTON

The United Telecom Council expresses its appreciation to the Boeing Company,
the world's largest satellite, jetliner and military aircraft manufacturer
and a major 800 MHz private land mobile radio licensee, for its support of
the 800 MHz User Coalition's Balanced Approach in the FCC's 800 MHz
interference proceeding. Boeing uses its large 800 MHz system for internal
business purposes, especially in the Canadian border area of Washington
State.

In a letter filed with the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), Boeing
stated that the 800 MHz User Coalition's Balanced Approach offers
interference resolution and prevention without mandatory rebanding. "The
Balanced Approach will provide immediate, effective solutions that better
serve the interests of the majority of users of the 800 MHz band," the
letter stated. "It provides near-term benefits that will likely provide an
adequate long-term solution as well."

"Boeing's support shows that there are substantial differences between some
national trade associations promoting mandatory rebanding solutions, and
some of their members," noted Jill Lyon, UTC Vice President and General
Counsel. "While everyone agrees that interference must be solved, many
licensees believe there are more effective and less disruptive solutions
that serve their needs and those of the band in general, better."

The 800 MHz User Coalition's Balanced Approach, filed with the FCC in May as
an alternative to the plan proposed by the Private Wireless Coalition in
December 2002, emphasizes that all 800 MHz PLMR licensees should have every
incident of interference to their systems identified and addressed as
quickly and efficiently as possible.

In addition to the United Telecom Council (UTC), coalition parties include:
the Cities of Baltimore and Colorado Springs, CO; the Cellular
Telecommunications and Internet Association (CTIA); Edison Electric
Institute (EEI); AT&T Wireless Services, Inc.; Southern
Company/SouthernLINC; U.S. Cellular Corp.; American Electric Power (AEP),
and other electric, gas and water utilities, business and industrial users,
auction winners and other Specialized Mobile Radio ("SMR") licensees
affected by the FCC's 800 MHz band proceeding.

http://www.utc.org/?cbr_v=dcb&nt=true&cbr_eid=17488&p=admin&ct=contentbrowser

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Toner for Your Printer or Fax at LaserTonerSuperstore.com-Save 55%!
We have your brand: HP, IBM, Canon, Xerox, Apple and many more for less!
http://www.LaserTonerSuperstore.com
http://us.click.yahoo.com/YmQqWC/qicGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/