Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Re: Recording Systems

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 05 Jul 2003 20:12:30 -0400

Thanks for all the replies. I should probably clarify some things operationally.

We do use only the Direct Connect feature. The department doesn't utilize any talkgroups. Also the system isn't used "AT ALL" for operational purposes. It used for administrative matters and an occassional secure message (I.e. Arson Squad notifications, Key location info etc.). When that's done we either use our personal NexTels or the supervisors when he's around. All operational matters are (& always will be) on our VHF system. We will never rely that much on the NexTels. All we want to record is when the dispatcher talks to someone & do it through the Dictaphone system we have now. We don't care when the units talk to each other.  

Thanks again,
John Marcel
Concord, NH Fire Dispatch

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Inkjet cartridges up to 80% off. HP, Epson, Lexmark--we have your brand.
Free shipping on every order to the U.S. and Canada! Excellent service.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5510
http://us.click.yahoo.com/QWB0QC/.eUGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: "dvaughan49" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 06 Jul 2003 19:20:08 -0000

Hi John,

Since we all seem to be locked up with trying to adapt a handset for 
this application, I want to throw in my $.02.

If you're only interested in recording the dispatcher, I would 
suggest that the thing to do is mount a Nextel Control Station in 
Dispatch and use the Zetron remote described at 
http://www.zetron.com/pages/english/products/m370.html. If you have a 
Motorola CCII console, they have an interface also available. 

Hope this helps.

Don Vaughan
C-Com Consulting Group, Inc.

> All we want to record is when the dispatcher talks to someone & do 
it through the Dictaphone system we have now. We don't care when the 
units talk to each other.  

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Save on Coral Calcium. Get Better Health and
Stronger Bones. Seen on TV
http://www.challengerone.com/t/l.asp?cid-2805&lp=calcium2.asp
http://us.click.yahoo.com/9gf46B/EfUGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->