Subject: [NEXTEL-1] PHAOS Crypto ToolkitEarns FIPS 140-2 Level 1 Validation

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2003 14:50:07 -0400

PHAOS Crypto ToolkitEarns FIPS 140-2 Level 1 Validation

Phaos Core Toolkit Meets Government Standards for IT Products

NEW YORK, July 8 /PRNewswire/ -- Phaos Technology Corp., the world's leading
provider of Java-based cryptography and security tools that enable federated
identity management solutions, today announced that the National Institute of
Standards and Technology (NIST) has awarded the Phaos Crypto Toolkit Version 3.0
with the Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS) 140-2 Level 1
certification.   The Phaos Crypto Toolkit is the core module for all Phaos
security applications and now, the entire Phaos family of cryptographic and
security products leverages this important capability.

Certification through the FIPS 140-2 Level 1 Cryptographic Module Validation
Program is required before any technology vendor can provide federal agencies or
departments with information technology products.  With the completion of this
process, government developers can employ the Phaos Crypto Toolkit to integrate
cryptography into any Java application or applet.  FIPS applicability extends
beyond the government arena.  The FIPS certification is valuable to commercial
organizations that are looking for third-party validation of their security
products The Phaos Crypto Toolkit provides a state-of-the-art set of core
cryptography algorithms in Java and includes a comprehensive cryptographic
library.  Supporting algorithms include: AES, DES, Triple DES, SHA1, SHA
256/384/512, HMAC, RSA Cipher, and RSA, DSA and ECDSA Signatures. Phaos Crypto is
also the core element of the complete family of Phaos cryptographic and security
products.

"Phaos Technology is committed to providing the most flexible, scalable and
comprehensive security toolkits on the market," said Roger Sullivan, chief
executive officer of Phaos Technology Corp.  "FIPS certification allows public
sector clients to enhance their e-Security efforts by implementing Phaos
products."
About Phaos Technology Corp.

Phaos Technology Corp. is a leading global provider of Java-based cryptography and
security tools that enable federated identity management solutions.  This focus on
federated identity management is part of Phaos' long-term commitment to developing
the next generation of Web security solutions. Founded in 1996, Phaos was the
first to market with a pure Java implementation of SSL.  Today, the company offers
a full range of security solutions that are both competitively superior and
cost-effective. Phaos products are currently in place at more than 1,000
corporations worldwide.  These solutions include a range of federated identify
management solution pilots slated to launch during 2003. Phaos Technology Corp. is
based in New York City and can be reached via the Internet at http://www.phaos.com
or by phone at (888) 99-PHAOS or (212) 514-6514.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Save up to 80% on top-quality inkjet cartridges and get your order fast!
FREE shipping on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. Shop at Myinks.com!
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/v2G7ND/KfUGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/