Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Judge OKs Nextel purchase of WorldCom’s fixed-wireless assets (Pending FCC Aproval)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 20:45:36 -0400

Judge OKs Nextel purchase of WorldCom’s fixed-wireless assets
(Pending FCC Aproval)

by Heather Forsgren Weaver
July 25, 2003

WASHINGTON—Nextel Communications Inc. was awarded the fixed-wireless assets of
bankrupt WorldCom Inc. by Bankruptcy Judge Arthur Gonzalez.

Nextel will pay $144 million for the licenses. BellSouth Corp., which originally
entered an agreement to buy the licenses for $65 million, will receive a $1.95
million breakup fee.

Gonzalez was forced to hold a hearing on the sale to Nextel after 22 parties
objected.

The Federal Communications Commission must still bless the sale of the licenses.

http://rcrnews.com/cgi-bin/news.pl?newsId=14451

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges & Refill Kits for Your Epson at Myinks.com
Free shipping on orders $50 or more to the US and Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5705&lp=home/epson.asp
http://us.click.yahoo.com/brYXfA/_xWGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/