Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Latin America Venezuela Cellular Firms Move Against Illegal Users

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 15:33:34 -0400

Latin America   Venezuela Cellular Firms Move Against Illegal Users

Two of Venezuela's cellular telephone service providers said that they plan to
cancel contracts with customers using their services for commercial rather than
private use. Thousands of Venezuelan street vendors charge passersby for use of
their cellular telephones, making a livelihood out of the practice. Some say they
make as much as VEB 65,000 a day peddling the use of several cellphones at up to
VEB 400 a call. Venezuela's minimum wage is VEB 209,000 a month.  Some telephone
company officials accuse them of purposely damaging public telephones so people
are forced to use their phones. Representatives of Movilnet, a subsidiary of
Venezuela's telephone company, CANTV, and Telcel, a subsidiary of BellSouth, have
said the companies are losing millions of dollars as a result of the scheme. See
www.wirelessNOW.com for additional details.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges & Refill Kits for Your Epson at Myinks.com
Free shipping on orders $50 or more to the US and Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5705&lp=home/epson.asp
http://us.click.yahoo.com/brYXfA/_xWGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/