Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Triennial Review Order Unlikely For Another Week Or More

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 23:04:41 -0400

Triennial Review Order Unlikely For Another Week Or More

It's been more than six months since the Federal Communications Commissions issued
a press release outlining its decision in the now infamous Triennial Review
proceeding, and still there is no sign that an actual written order is about to
surface. Obviously, it didn't happen this week. And it's not likely to happen next
week either.

Four of the five FCC commissioners, along with most of the agency's key staff,
will be in Colorado next week, from Sunday through Thursday, attending the
National Association of Regulatory Commissioners (NARUC) summer workshop. And
Chairman Michael Powell won't be back in his office until Aug. 5. A number of
Washington, D.C., policy wonks are suggesting that a possible date for the order's
release will be Aug. 1, a week from today. But considering Powell's Aug. 5 return
date,
Communications Today is betting the order won't turn up until after the chairman
is back in his office--more than a week away

http://www.telecomweb.com/

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Free shipping on all inkjet cartridge & refill kit orders to US & Canada. Low prices up to 80% off. We have your brand: HP, Epson, Lexmark & more.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5510
http://us.click.yahoo.com/GHXcIA/n.WGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/