Subject: [NEXTEL-1] White House Communication Agency Modernization Effort

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 01:37:44 -0400

WHCA Modernization Effort

General Information
Document Type:
Sources Sought Notice Solicitation Number:
WHCA-RFI
Posted Date:
Jul 21, 2003
Original Response Date:
Jul 29, 2003
Original Archive Date:
Aug 13, 2003
Current Archive Date:
Classification Code:
D -- Information technology services, including telecommunications services Set
Aside:
Total HUB-Zone

Contracting Office Address

Defense Information Systems Agency, Acquisition Directorate, DITCO-Scott, 2300
East Drive Bldg 3600, Scott AFB,
IL, 62225-5406

Description
The Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA)/Defense Information Technology
Contracting Organization (DITCO-Scott) hereby issues the following Request For
Information (RFI) regarding Systems/Technical Engineering and Program Management
services to support the DISA Network Services (NS) Directorate.

A. PURPOSE: The Defense Information Systems Agencys Strategic Communications
Office (NS8) is responsible for providing program management and communications
engineering support to the WHCA for an aggressive modernization effort to upgrade
selected critical systems. These upgrades are vital in ensuring WHCA will be able
to meet their expanding Commander-In-Chief [CINC] support mission in the coming
months. In order to adequately support WHCA and its mission, DISA NS8 must augment
the existing Government program management function with additional technical and
engineering services. As a result, DISA is seeking information on commercial
vendors within the Small Business Administration Historically Underutilized
Business Zone (HUBZone) Certification Category who possess the capabilities to
support DISA NS8 with Systems Engineering services and related program management
and technical engineering services.

B. INTENT: This RFI is intended to gather information about the availability of
HUBZone companies that can demonstrate the following expertise: LAN/WAN
implementations, optical communications, computer networks, voice/video over IP,
Quality-of-Service, mobile IP, Ipv6, cryptography and network security, network
management and monitoring, personal communications systems (PCS), cellular
telephony (secure & non-secure), satellite communications architectures, mobile
network architectures, land-mobile & tactical radio systems, experience with
secure DoD IT environments, WHCA and CINC communications experience; strong
presence within the National Capital Region (NCR), available staff with existing
DoD clearances (SECRET to TS/SCI), corporate IT Certifications/Partnerships,
technical IT Certifications (Cisco, Microsoft, Novell), and IT security
consultation (physical/procedural reviews, vulnerability testing). Information
submitted in response to this RFI will become the property of DISA. DISA will not
be obligated to pursue any particular acquisition alternative as a result of this
RFI. Proprietary information or trade secrets should be clearly identified. DISA
will not pay for information provided, and is not liable for any costs incurred by
the company in response to this RFI. Price quotes are not required, however,
general cost estimates are appreciated to assist in planning. Cost estimates
provided will not be binding for the company.

C. DESIRED INFORMATION: DISA is interested in industry capabilities with strong
federal Systems Engineering support experience including activities involving
enterprise architecture & integration engineering, requirements and concept of
operations (CONOPs) definition, future planning, technical assessments,
interoperability analyses, and configuration management. Demonstrate an experience
with system design and implementation of complex telecommunication systems and
show success and expertise in all manner of voice, video, and data technologies.
Review selected communications functions and systems in the context of the WHCA
mission and provide technical assistance in evaluating and presenting alternatives
to support project acquisition, fielding, and sustainment. Ability to leverage
commercial-world experience to conduct trade-off studies, systems engineering
analysis, market analysis, mission evolution planning, and technical studies
demonstrate experience leading test and acceptance (T&E) planning and support.
Desired experience includes support to government T&E IPTs, general T&E planning
and execution, analysis of test requirements, selection of test methods,
identification of performance measures, test design, test execution, analysis of
test results, test reporting, IT-unique T&E support, identification of end-to-end
performance measures, interoperability and interface analyses, laboratory testing,
support for pre-test readiness reviews, and support for post-test assessment
reviews.

D. SUBMISSION OF COMMENTS:
Comments in response to this RFI should be submitted via e-mail to Mr. Daniel
Rajnik, [email-masked] and Ms.  Rose M Edwards, [email-masked] not
later than 29 July 2003 using MS Word 7.0 or later. Comments received after that
date may not be considered. Proprietary information should be identified as such.
Responses to the RFI SHALL include the Company Name, Street Address, City, State,
NINE-Digit zip code, Point of Contact (POC), POC Telephone and facsimile numbers,
Company Size (HUBZone). If the company address includes a post office box, the
complete street address must also be provided. North American Industry
Classification System (NAICS) Code 541512 will be used for determining company
size status. ALL inquiries regarding this subject shall be submitted
electronically.

Original Point of Contact
Rose Edwards, Supervisor Contract Negotiator, Phone 618-2299583, Fax 618-229-9616,
Email
[email-masked]

http://www.eps.gov/spg/DISA/D4AD/DITCO/WHCA%2DRFI/SynopsisR.html

http://www.disa.mil/whca/index.html

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Breakthrough Natural Health Specialties at VitaminBoost.com $20 to $40
Oral Sprays for Fast Results and Greater Absorption.
http://www.challengerone.com/t/l.asp?cid=2880
http://us.click.yahoo.com/3oMABA/muYGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/