Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Trafficgauge - live traffic map to your hand

From: John M <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 21:29:21 -0700 (PDT)

http://www.trafficgauge.com

Only available in Seattle area, although several
cities are now able to generate congestion/speed maps
via loop detectors or autoscopes.

Device seems a bit retro, having a dedicated receiver
just for traffic.  On the other hand, the price is
good - $50 and $5 a month subscription.  Just velcro
it to your dash and forget about it.

Anybody know what RF data network this is using?

__________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! SiteBuilder - Free, easy-to-use web site design software
http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Free shipping on all inkjet cartridge & refill kit orders to US & Canada. Low prices up to 80% off. We have your brand: HP, Epson, Lexmark & more.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5510
http://us.click.yahoo.com/GHXcIA/n.WGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: "Allen Smith" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 11:48:07 -0000

> Anybody know what RF data network this is using?
I don't have any inside knowledge of how TrafficGauge works, but I 
looked into doing this about three years ago for the 
Washington/Baltimore area.  I built a prototype that used POCSAG 
paging to broadcast data to many "pagers" all programmed with the 
same number.  Once or twice a day you could send a special code to 
activate or de-activate a device that had another serial number.  I 
approached a data services salesman at Metrocall and he was not very 
excited about it, he said, "Your like the fat guy at the all you can 
eat salad bar, we wouldn't make any money from you."
Allen Smith
[email-masked]
track your cell phone in real time
http://www.gadgeteer.org 

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/sOykFB/k9VGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->