Subject: [NEXTEL-1] MS Technologies, LXE to Demonstrate Maritime-Security Solutions at Upcoming TSA Technologies in Maritime Security Conference

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 10:32:05 -0400

MS Technologies, LXE to Demonstrate Maritime-Security Solutions at Upcoming TSA
Technologies in Maritime Security Conference

    ATLANTA, July 30 /PRNewswire/ -- EMS Technologies, Inc. and its
subsidiary, LXE Inc., will demonstrate a comprehensive set of port security
solutions at the upcoming 2003 TSA (Transportation Security Administration)
Innovative Technologies in Maritime Security Conference and Exhibition in
Charleston, SC, August 4 - 7.  The security technologies demonstrated by EMS
and its partners align with the Transportation Security Administration's
objective of securing our nation's ports.  The demonstrations include:

    *  Securing the contents of a container with an RFID-based, security strap
       solution that includes LXE's rugged wireless computers, EMS SATCOM's
       PDT-100 packet data terminal, RF Code's RFID tag, Avery Dennison's
       security strap, and Greenline Systems(TM) risk assessment software.

    *  Securing the container as it is being transported overland to/from the
       terminal using an EMS SATCOM/Insite Consulting vehicle tracking control
       system that is currently used by the Air Force Space Command.

    *  Securing the container once it has reached the terminal using an RFID
       tag, risk assessment software, and LXE's wireless network that, when
       combined, monitors and detects inappropriate movement of the container.

    *  Securing the terminal itself with a wireless, Internet Protocol (IP)
       security camera system that is used to monitor suspicious activities
       and detect potential threats.  The demonstration includes an EWA
       (Electronic Warfare Associates) camera system and LXE's ultra-rugged,
       all-weather MX5 handheld computer that can remotely control the camera
       and receive incoming video for viewing.

    In addition to controlling the security camera, the MX5's imaging
capabilities enable container inspectors to scan the barcode on an RFID tag,
provide an image of the secured container (or damaged container if
appropriate), and have the data wirelessly transmitted to the Tracking Control
System for audit, security and documentation purposes.
    With these various technologies, carriers will be able to swiftly move
cargo through the customs compliance and security screening processes.
Improved visibility and risk management will enable transportation providers,
port operators and the shippers and consignees they serve to dramatically
improve both security and operational efficiency through streamlined processes
and improved asset utilization.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/sO0ANB/LIdGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/