Subject: [NEXTEL-1] ENFORCEMENT BUREAU’S TECHNICAL AND PUBLIC SAFETY DIVISION IS RENAMED SPECTRUM ENFORCEMENT DIVISION

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 14:56:24 -0400

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:    NEWS MEDIA CONTACT:
July 16, 2003       David Fiske at (202) 418-0500

ENFORCEMENT BUREAU’S TECHNICAL AND PUBLIC SAFETY
DIVISION IS RENAMED SPECTRUM ENFORCEMENT DIVISION

Washington, D.C. – Today, the FCC’s Enforcement Bureau announced that it has
changed the name of its Technical and Public Safety Division to the Spectrum
Enforcement Division.  The new name is intended to better reflect the functions
and responsibilities of the Division.

 The renamed Spectrum Enforcement Division will continue to carry out its existing
functions, which include enforcement (and support for enforcement by the Bureau’s
Field Offices) in such areas as unauthorized construction and operation,
interference, equipment requirements, 911 and E-911, and radio tower lighting.
The Division’s responsibilities also include the provision of engineering
technology support to the Bureau’s Field Offices and the operation of the Bureau’s
high frequency direction-finding facilities.

 Joseph P. Casey is the Chief of the Spectrum Enforcement Division.  Ricardo
Durham and Kathy Berthot are Deputy Division Chiefs.

 The name change will take effect immediately.

Enforcement Bureau Contact:  Lisa M. Fowlkes at (202) 418-7450.

-- FCC --

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Free shipping on all inkjet cartridge & refill kit orders to US & Canada. Low prices up to 80% off. We have your brand: HP, Epson, Lexmark & more.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5510
http://us.click.yahoo.com/GHXcIA/n.WGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/