Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Evolution of the Power Control Techniques- (dated)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2003 22:00:25 -0400

Footnote: Next month an iDEN carrier outside the US will begin trials on Forward
Power Control. The carriers goal is to increase reuse within their region, however
others are looking at it as a method to reduce interference in the US among public
safety users. The carrier did its own extensive research & development with some
support by Motorola.
=================================================================================

In this article we present a survey of the power control techniques for modern
wireless DS-CDMA communication systems. Power control is the single most important system
requirement for DS-CDMA systems. Well-defined power control is essential for
proper functioning of the DS-CDMA system. In the absence of power control the effect of
near/far phenomena is dominant, and the capacity of the DS-CDMA mobile system is
very low, even lower than that of mobile systems based on FDMA. However, when the
power control in DS-CDMA systems exists, it allows users to share resources of the

system equally between themselves. Also, with a proper power control it is
possible to lower total transmitting power of the mobiles and prolong the battery life.

http://www.comsoc.org/livepubs/surveys/public/2000/dec/index.html

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges & Refill Kits for Your Epson at Myinks.com
Free shipping on orders $50 or more to the US and Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5705&lp=home/epson.asp
http://us.click.yahoo.com/brYXfA/_xWGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/