Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Report: Nextel implicates Motorola in Verizon PTT lawsuit

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2003 14:20:46 -0400

-------- Original Message --------
   From: "A10382" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Report: Nextel implicates Motorola in Verizon PTT lawsuit

I would expect that /\/\ did in fact have a non-disclosure (NDA) in place for this
project.   It was (and undoubtedly still is) company policy for all dealings with
outsiders on projects that contain un-released products or proprietary
information.  /\/\'s internal acronym was "POPI" (Protect Our Proprietary
Information). I spent a few years working with a number of /\/\ sectors and they
always required non-disclosure agreements from the non-employee members of a
project - for each and every contract.  This included contractors, consultants,
and partnering companies.  On a few of the black-box projects, background checks
were added and even individual employees were asked to sign a document similar to
a non-disclosure agreement assuring the utmost of protection for the IP of
others. I've seen /\/\ rigorously enforce these agreements, dropping offending
entities from a project for a minor transgression or banning them forever for a
serious one.  They even canned an employee on one project for having
'loose-lips'.  My motto in that project was: "Loose lips sink chips".  On
virtually all the gov't contracts I was on, each and every person was required to
sign. I found the same general policies at Boeing, Douglas (when they were a
separate company), Grumman, Martin-Marietta, Loral, Phillips, GE, UTC, DoD, a few
savvy foreign governments, and others....  It's part concern and part protection -
showing that they did make a good faith effort to protect the IP of both their
partners and customers.   A company is always held liable for the actions of their
subs..======= ._._.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Coral Calcium for Greater Health. 1 month supply - $23.95
(1 bottle, 90 tablets, 400mg each with Magnesium & Vitamin D)
http://www.challengerone.com/t/l.asp?cid=2805&lp=calcium2.asp
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mcIe3D/v9VGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/