Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Amendment of Parts 2 and 15 of the Commission’s Rules to Deregulate the Equipment Authorization Requirements for Digital Devices

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 14:51:17 -0400

Before the Federal Communications Commission Washington, D.C. 20554

In the Matter of Review of Part 15 and  other Parts of the Commission’s Rules

Amendment of Parts 2 and 15 of the  Commission’s Rules to Deregulate the 
Equipment Authorization Requirements for Digital Devices

M/A-COM Private Radio Systems, Inc. Petition for Declaratory Ruling 

ET Docket NO. 01-278
RM-9375
RM-10051
ET Docket NO. 95-19
SECOND REPORT AND ORDER AND
MEMORANDUM OPINION AND ORDER

Adopted:  June 25, 2003 Released:   July 17, 2003

Introduction:

In this Second Report and Order and Memorandum Opinion and Order, we are updating
certain regulations for unlicensed radio frequency devices contained in Parts 2,
15 and 18 of our rules.  Specifically, we are: 1) changing certain emission levels
in the restricted bands above 38.6 GHz; 2) eliminating the prohibition on data
transmissions and making other changes to rules governing Part 15 remote control
devices; 3) modifying the rules for radio frequency identification systems to
allow for improved operation; 4) simplifying the labeling requirement for
manufacturer self-authorized equipment; and 5) making other changes to update and
correct our rules.  Because of certain decisions in this Second Report and Order,
we are granting a petition for reconsideration filed by the Information Technology
Industry Council (ITI) in ET Docket No. 95-19 to the extent indicated herein and
are granting a petition for declaratory ruling filed by M/A-COM Private Radio
Systems, Inc to the extent indicated herein.  

http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/FCC-03-149A1.doc

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges & Refill Kits for Your Epson at Myinks.com
Free shipping on orders $50 or more to the US and Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5705&lp=home/epson.asp
http://us.click.yahoo.com/brYXfA/_xWGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/