Subject: [NEXTEL-1] KDDI Corp and Okinawa 3G Phones capture and send seamless movies.

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 04:06:00 -0400

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/July2003/5616.htm

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Free shipping on all inkjet cartridge & refill kit orders to US & Canada.
We have your brand: HP, Epson, Lexmark, Canon & more.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5510
http://us.click.yahoo.com/kP..SB/49VGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

<script src="http://scripts.cgispy.com/randombanner/javarbanner.cgi?user=3Gtelecoms" language="JavaScript">
</script>

3G
HOME ssAdvertising
and Sponsorship ssFREE
Daily 3G Newsletter

ALL
TODAY'S PRESS RELEASES SEE BELOW

2
New 3G Handsets

11th
July 2003

A1304T
on leftA1401T
on right

Japan
: KDDI Corp and Okinawa Cellular are pleased to announce the release
of the A1304T (manufactured by Toshiba Corporation) and the A1401K (manufactured
by Kyocera Corporation) as part of a new 3G (CDMA2000 1x) lineup, enabling
data transmission of up to 144kbps. Both support MovieMail, enabling
users to capture and send seamless movies. The two new handsets are
scheduled for sale from the beginning of August.

The A1304T features Smart Mode, a new menu feature enabling ease of
use, and BREW(TM)(Binary Runtime Environment for Wireless), the new
application platform for mobile phones. BREW is offered for the first
time among the standard models in the 1000 series. The A1401K features
MM Drive, a chip dedicated to video applications, which allows the filming
and playing of full-screen sized movies.

1. Specifications for the A1304T, Supporting MovieMail

SmartMode enables users to operate the phone easily and BREW(TM) enables
users to enjoy highspeed games

*Featuring SmartMode, a new menu created with the concept of enabling
users to operate the handset easily

-Users may switch to SmartMode, press the multifunction key, and the
functions used frequently appear on the screen in a menu format (SmartMenu).
Users can enjoy telephony, email and camera functions with full ease
of operation.

-Users may program numbers they call frequently on the phone, and page
and launch calls easily, by simply pressing the Go key on the screensaver.
Up to three phone numbers can be registered.

-The handset comes with a SmartMode User's Manual dedicated to SmartMode.
This pamphlet enables users to master all the basic functions of the
phone.

*Supporting large character display

-When launching for receiving calls, confirming call launch / reception
history, or searching for email addresses, characters can be displayed
in characters four times as large (26x24 pixels) as regular size display.
When it is set to SmartMode, the characters become large automatically.

*Bilingual functionality

-The display screen can be switched to English. (This functionality
is also available with SmartMode.)

*Featuring BREW(TM) for the first time in the 1000 series

-Users can launch the BREW(TM) menu by pressing briefly the key dedicated
to Applications, which is found at the side of the handset.

-Users can download games, screensavers, emails, messengers, weather
forecast and other EZ Applications (BREW) and enjoy them.

*Featuring a highly sensitive camera and easy MovieMails operattion

-The camera has a 310,000 pixel resolution and is highly sensitive,
allowing a digital zoom out by a factor of 6.6 which can be adjusted
in four stages. It can capture S-size videos (96x80 pixels) of up to
15 seconds, and the videos can be edited with telops after recording.

-In addition, users can attach the video to an email and send it, or
set it up as a "movie announcing incoming calls" (Chaku Movie) which
will be played on the receiver's phone when call arrives.

*Supporting EZ Chaku Uta (TM)

-Users can download central themes of the songs, about 30 seconds in
length, including vocalists passages, from sites supporting EZWeb, and
replay the songs as ringing tones or for listening pleasure. Lonely
Cowboys, by Hitomi Yaida, is preinstalled on the A1304T models

*Supporting Movie announcing incoming calls (Chaku Movie)

-The A1304T model supports Chaku Movie services, playing favorite videos,
either taken by the user or downloaded from EZ web-supported content
sites, when there are incoming calls, as well as an alarm by setting
a time.

*Equipped with Mobile Rupo dictionary

-In addition to functionality that will remember the patterns of data
entered, the handset features an AI (artificial intelligence) function
which changes words entered according to their grammatical relations
with the other words.

*Featuring Cmail filtering function

-The A1304T models are equipped with a Cmail Filtering Function that
blocks SPAM. The filtering function can be set to three levels, blocking
Cmails launched from certain numbers, with no notification, or with
notification of receiving Emails. Users can register up to 10 numbers
for blocking.

*Access to Toshiba User Club site, Toshiba's original site

-Users can access Toshiba's original User Club site and download various
items by pressing the EZ button, including downloadable dictionaries,
video clips, ringing tones of recent popular songs, screensavers, calendars,
games, etc.

Product name A1304T
Manufacturer Toshiba Corporation
SizeApprox. 49(W) X 93(H) X 25(D)mm
Weight (with batteries) Approx. 108g
Continuous talk time Approx. 170 minutes
Continuous standby time Approx. 200 hours
Battery time Approx. 110 minutes
Colors Blue, White
Displays Display capacity 260,000 colors approximate/65,536 colors
(main/sub panels)
Size (main/sub panels) 2.1/1.1 inches
Camera CCD camera
with effective resolution of 310,000 pixels
Capacity of data folder Approx. 5 MB (or 500 files)
Capacity of BREW(TM)data folder Approx. 1.2 MB
Capacity of email outbox Approx. 400 KB (or 200 emails)
Capacity of email inbox Approx. 400 KB (or 200 emails)
Maximum number of characters
(sent per message) 5,000 Japanese font characters
Maximum number of characters
(received per message) 5,000 Japanese font characters
Capacity of attached files Sending: total of 100KB (up to five files)
Receiving: up to 100KB (up to five files)
Picture characters accommodated 497 picture characters
(including 96 moving picture characters)
Data entry software Mobile Rupo
Music Up to 40 polyphonic chords
(FM sound source 32 chords, PCM 8 chords)
Launch date Beginning of August 2003
Retail price Open

2. Specifications for the A1401K, supporting MovieMail

Filming and replaying videos with impact in a large full display, as well
as bringing real video functionalities

*Featuring scene clip camera, where camera mode can be launched easily,
just by rotating

-The scene clip camera that has been integrated with a flash light that
rotates 180 degrees. By rotating it, the camera becomes ready, and by
adjusting the direction of the camera rotation, it automatically selects
from photo capture of your friend or of yourself. A photo of yourself
can be captured easily by checking yourself on the main display screen.

*Supporting Movie size videos with a full screen display

-In addition to the conventional S-size videos (96 x 80 pixels), the A1404K
supports high resolution high quality M-size videos (128 x 96 pixels).
Users can select from 5/10/15 seconds. The videos can be attached to emails
and sent, or can be used as a video that plays when there is an incoming
call (Chaku Movie). Large full screen video size (128 x 96 pixels) videos
are accommodated by the following models as of July 2003: C5001T, A5303H,
A5303HII, A5303K, A1301S, A5401S, A1401K. There will be more new models
that can receive and play such videos in the future.

*Equipped with MMDrive, a video application chip

-As the A1401K is supplied with MMDrive, a chip newly developed to Kyocera
dedicated to video applications , movie-functionalities have improved
drastically.

-Video filming and replaying on a full sized LCD (2.1 inches, L-size*)
is possible, allowing users to enjoy videos with impact. *176 x 144 pixels
(However, the A1401K plays videos in a size of 176 x 132 pixels.)

-The A1401K has achieved a smooth video flow of video, with 15 frames
per second. In addition, the encoding process has been speeded up, so
video replay and continuous shooting are conveniently handled.

-As it supports thumbnail display of the video clips, the very first frames
of the captured video can be displayed, and users can search for the video
clips easily.

-The A1401K supports after-recording and telops naturally, and features
other editing functionalities including connecting frames, selection of
the favorite scenes, and cuts. By combining these features, users can
enjoy creating original video with ease.

*Equipped with smooth zooming in 30 stages

-Smooth zoom in and out during video capture (S-size <96 X 80 pixels>
zoom in and out by a factor of six, M-size <238 x 96 pixels> by
a factor of five, L-size by a factor of 2.7) will enhance the pleasure
of filming and the quality of videos recorded. The 30-stage zooming by
a factor of three is also being provided when taking photographs.

*Able to take long videos, of up to 60 seconds and 12 times continuously

-The A1401K supports S-size videos (96 x 80 pixels), M-size (128 x 96
pixels) and L-size (176 x 144 pixels).

-For S-size videos, a long video of up to 60 seconds can be recorded.
In addition, by selecting the continuous filming mode, users can continue
to film for 12 consecutive times without having to press the start and
end buttons.

-For M-size and L-size videos, users can film a long video of up to 30
seconds

-When playing the video, users can stop temporarily, forward, rewind,
advance/retreat frames and play in slow motion, enabling them to find
their favorite scenes.

-The A1401K plays L-size videos in 173 x 132 dot frames.

-Rewinding and forwarding are supported only for S-size long videos.

-Long video data limited for sending by email.

*Supporting Wide Visual Memo Function

-The A1401K can display on screen a downsized VGA-size photographs to
start with, and is equipped with a functionality that allows users to
zoom in on parts of the photographs, called the Wide visual memo function.
As users can scroll the photo and can freely look at the part of the photographs
they like, it also becomes possible for them to check their time tables
and train maps. Also, they can cut out their favorite spots and put it
on their screensaver and send emails.

*Featuring Cmail filtering function

-The A1401K models are equipped with a Cmail Filtering Function that blocks
SPAM. The filtering function can be set at three levels, blocking Cmails
launched from certain numbers, with no notification, or with notification
of receiving Emails. Users can register up to 10 numbers for blocking.

*Post it function

-Users can paste notes registered on their memo pads on a main screen,
like a post it memo. This will be a reminder for small things, and can
be used as a short cut to favorite applications by combining it with "Phone
to", "Mail to", "URL to" functions.

*Photo diary function

-By adding comments of their choice of up to 40 Japanese characters to
their videos and photos and saving them according to dates, users can
create a picture diary. They can use it as an album.

*Quick photo/video mail

-The A1401K model supports quick photo/video mail that enables users to
send mails with photo/video clips quickly to pre-registered parties.

*Display of enlarged characters

-Enlarged characters are displayed for searches in the address books,
caller name for incoming and outgoing calls, and caller names in the call
history. (Users can switch back to the standard character size.)

*Supporting EZ Chaku Uta (TM)

-Users can download central themes of songs (summary versions of songs
that are played on the radio for song introduction like movie previews),
of about 30 seconds in length, including vocalist passages, to play for
pleasure.

*Supporting Movie announcing incoming calls (Chaku Movie)

-It supports the Chaku Movie services, where users can set to play their
favorite videos, either taken by themselves or downloaded from EZ web-supported
content sites, when there are incoming calls, as well as an alarm by setting
a time.

*Access to K, Kyocera's original site

-Users can access the K, an original Kyocera, by a long push of the EZ
button. The K contains a full range of materials to be used for the editing
of videos, such as opening movie scene and player designs. Users can expand
greatly the pleasure of use and quality of their videos utilizing these
materials.

Product name A1401K
Manufacturer Kyocera Corporation
SizeApprox. 49(W) X 95 (H) X 24 (D)mm
Weight (with batteries) Approx. 92g
Continuous talk time Approx. 150 minutes
Continuous standby time Approx. 230 hours
Battery time Approx. 100 minutes
Colors Yellow, Blue
Displays Display capacity 65,536 colors/ black and white
(main/sub panels)
Size (main/sub panels) 2.1/0.94 inches
Camera CMOS camera
with effective resolution of 330,000 pixels
Capacity of data folder Approx. 3 MB (or 500 files)
Capacity of email outbox Approx. 128 KB (or 120 emails)
Capacity of email inbox Approx. 245 KB (or 250 emails)
Maximum number of characters
(sent per message) 5,000 Japanese font characters
Maximum number of characters
(received per message) 5,000 Japanese font characters
Capacity of attached files Sending:total of 100 KB (up to five files)
Receiving: up to 100KB (up to five files)
Picture characters accommodated 497 picture characters
(including 96 moving picture characters)
Data entry software Mobile Wnn V2
Music Up to 40 polyphonic chords
(FM sound source 32 chords, PCM 8 chords)
Launch date Beginning of August 2003
Retail price Open

Free
3G Phones

TODAY'S
PRESS RELEASES

New
Mobile Remote Access In Japan

Leading
mobile data services company SEVEN announced that the company's System
SEVEN™ technology is supporting the launch of NTTDoCoMo, Inc.'s
BINWAN

2
New 3G Handsets

KDDI
Corp and Okinawa Cellular are pleased to announce the release of the A1304T
and the A1401K as part of a new 3G lineup, enabling data transmission
of up to 144kbps.

GSMA
Drives Standards for MMS

The
GSM Association (GSMA), the global trade association for GSM mobile operators,
today issued a rallying call to the wireless industry to speed the arrival
of enhanced, fully interoperable Multi-media Messaging Services (MMS)

Nokia
Shows Off 3G Services

Nokia
and the Greek operator Telestet have demonstrated the first public WCDMA
3G call in Greece over a network ready for commercial use.

Multimedia
Single-Chip Solution for 3G

The
MSM6500 chipset supports CDMA2000 1X, CDMA2000 1xEV-DO and GSM/GPRS standards,
allowing roaming between third-generation (3G) and second-generation (2G)
networks.

Hutch
Buy One Get One Free

Hutchison
CAT Wireless MultiMedia Ltd., the marketing service provider of CDMA2000
1X wireless high-speed multimedia services under the brand "Hutch",
today announced the launch of two major marketing strategies,

MP
Gives Outlook for 3G

The
launch of 3G in the UK was low-key and it is no real surprise that take-up
has been seen by some commentators as slow. It is also fair to say that
the service still has problems to overcome.

Digital
Television and 3G

The
Commission identifies the voluntary moves on the part of industry to achieve
interoperability in 3G. It also presents the measures adopted in Community
legislation to foster interoperability in interactive digital TV services.

CompctFlash
Chip used In 3G

Our
products are designed to keep up with today's emerging high-speed 2.5G
and 3G data networks. Socket's interface chips are equal to that task

New
Mova Handset for NTTDoCoMo

The
F505i features a fingerprint sensor to prevent unauthorized handset use.
The user can lock or unlock the mobile phone simply by placing a pre-registered
finger on the sensor.

Centennial
Update To EDGE Wireless

Centennial's
US Wireless Operation has selected Ericsson as its sole supplier for upgrading
its digital wireless network with EDGE-ready 850 MHz GSM/GPRS radio access
and core network equipment.

First
Camera Phone for Verizon

LG
Mobile Phones and Verizon Wireless announced the availability of the LG
VX6000, a top- of-the-line wireless handset with an embedded camera that
offers a long list of the most advanced functions.

3G
Home

3G
Forum

Subscribe
To Newsletter

3G
Press Releases

3G
Phone Zone

3G
Fun Zone

3G
New Launches

3G
Events

3G
Reports

3G
Directory

Advertise

All
Material Subject to Copyright. All logos, graphics and trademarks are the
property of their respective owners.