Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Airborne Law Enforcement Association conference

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 04:43:03 -0400

Footnote:  The  Wulfberg  P-2000  APCO Project 25  Interoperable Radio (VHF, UHF,
and 800 MHz bands) will be on display at the Airborne Law Enforcement Association conference. Other
radio manufactures will be there also display P-25 based Fixed  Wing and
Helicopter solutions.
====================================================================================

From the ALEA President, Kevin Means:

You are cordially invited to attend the Airborne Law Enforcement
Association’s 33rd Annual Conference and Exposition, July 23-26,
2003. Once again, we will join to attend professional courses, clinics,
workshops and other presentations designed to provide current and
useful information for starting or improving a law enforcement aviation
operation. The ALEA Education and Training Committee have
produced an outstanding educational program that will meet the needs
of the newcomers and veterans. Our exposition promises to be one of
the best ever, providing centralized access to “cutting edge”
technology. Subject matter experts will be available to provide as much
detail as you may need in the production of a customized system
compatible with your operational requirements.

ALEA is pleased to have the Wichita Police Department Air Section
hosting this year’s conference. Department personnel are extremely
busy preparing for our arrival and have a marvelous program planned!
You will be able to enjoy some fantastic day and evening hosted
activities, courtesy of some very special affiliate members. This all
contributes to your ability to become reacquainted with old friends,
make new friends and network within an outstanding group of people
involved in and committed to our very important industry.

We anticipate a large turnout for this year’s conference. Please make
plans early to attend what will prove to be one of our best ever
conferences. Remember that some pre-conference classes, especially
those new to ALEA this year, fill quickly so register early. Register
online today!

From the ALEA Executive Director, Sherry W. Hadley, CAE:

Wow, Toto…we’re back in Kansas! Did you know that Wichita was
the site of the very first ALEA conference way back in 1970. There
were 50 officers present, representing 31 different agencies across the
country. The original name selected was LEAA (Law Enforcement
Airborne Association) but there was already a federal agency with that
acronym so ALEA was born! All present agreed that the Houston
Helicopter Division would hold the meeting the next year with one
stipulation-it must be a family affair. Thus the ALEA Annual
Conference and Expo was begun and I am pleased to note that it is still
a family affair!

Wichita is a city that offers a unique blend of Midwestern warmth,
cosmopolitan flair and old west charm. The Century II Convention
Center and host hotel (Hyatt) are connected (for your air-conditioned
comfort) and lie on the bank of the Arkansas River. Within walking
distance of the Center is the Old Town Marketplace, a booming
eight-block area of restored warehouses, offering a wide variety of
shops, clubs and restaurants. The average temperature is reported to
be 81º in July, perfect for walking along the river paths. Just down from
the Convention Center Complex is Exploration Place, a futuristic
learning center that offers hands-on opportunities to explore a
twenty-foot tornado in a tank. Now I know you’ve never done that
before!  Click here for a complete list of local attractions.

I look forward to seeing you all this summer in Wichita. Come for the
education, the networking and the fun!

http://www.alea.org/

http://www.alea.org/public/seminars/annual_conference/pres_message.htm

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Naturally Painless & Spray Away Backaches & Joint Pain. $19.97
http://www.challengerone.com/t/l.asp?cid=2867&lp=m331.html
http://us.click.yahoo.com/tJIe0D/79VGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/