Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Make Way for "No Cell Phone Zone" Designations

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 15:13:40 -0400

Make Way for "No Cell Phone Zone" Designations
BY WIRELESS WEEK STAFF
JULY 31, 2003

Cellular phones just joined the ranks of the 'No Smoking' and 'No Loitering'
signage. The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office has licensed a new logo designed
to denote areas where cellular phones can not be used.  The logo is available for
use on signs and stickers and can be purchased at www.nocellphonezone.com.

According to Susan Middleton Marshall, designer of the logo, hospitals, conference

centers, libraries, theaters and funeral homes have already contacted the Web
site and expressed interest in purchasing the logo. 'Displaying the logo helps
businesses and institutions gently remind patrons to use their cellular phones in
designated areas,' Marshall says.

http://www.wirelessweek.com/index.asp?layout=newsat2direct&starting=5&pubdate=07/31/03

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/sO0ANB/LIdGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: "Paul J. Zawada" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 14:46:05 -0500

They have got to be kidding... First "Push-To-Talk" and now this... 
This "designer" draws a silhouette of a cell phone and puts a red 
circle and a slash over it and gets a Trademark for it?  This hasn't 
been done before?

--zawada

-- 
Paul J. Zawada, PE       | Principal Network Research Engineer
[email-masked]          | National Center for Supercomputing Applications
+1 217 649 2233          | University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Free shipping on all inkjet cartridge & refill kit orders to US & Canada. Low prices up to 80% off. We have your brand: HP, Epson, Lexmark & more.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5510
http://us.click.yahoo.com/GHXcIA/n.WGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->