Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Re:PUBLIC SAFETY LICENSEES WHO HAVE EXPRESSED RESERVATIONS ABOUT THE “CONSENSUS PLAN]

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 12:13:56 -0400

Mark,

You are incorrect the title of the document referenced below is "PUBLIC SAFETY
LICENSEES WHO HAVE  EXPRESSED RESERVATIONS ABOUT THE “CONSENSUS PLAN". This is
from documents related to the Consensus Plan 02-55. If you review the Cellular
Telecommunications & Internet Association documentation you will find this to true
and correct.

=================================================================================
Here is the direct quote from the Cellular Telecommunications & Internet
Association filing:
( July 11, 2003)

City of Fort Lauderdale
“The FCC’s suggestion that the interference caused by interleaving can be solved
by removing pubic safety from the interleaved spectrum addresses only one small
part of the problem. . . . The majority of the interference problems would not be
addressed by this proposal.” (May 3 Comments - 4)
==================================================================================

Since you failed to update your position on the "Plan" with the FCC, CTIA could
only draw conclusions from existing documents.

If you feel "they screwed up"  you should check your information before placing
blame on the FCC. This was a new filing by CTIA, and as it has been done before by
pro "plan" supporters CTIA reiterated their previous position with supporting
documentation.

If you have concerns about the documents CTIA recently filed  you should contact
Tommy Wheeler President, CEO of the Cellular Telecommunications & Internet
Association  at 1250 Connecticut Ave, NW Suite 800 Washington, DC 20036 Phone:
(202) 785-0081 to discuss it. In all fairness to CTIA without out any
documentation to the contrary they drew the correct conclusion.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Proceeding: 02-55
Type Code: NO
Date Received/Adopted: 07/11/03
Date Released/Denied:

Document Type: NOTICE
Total Pages: 27
File Number/Community:
DA/FCC Number:
Filed on Behalf of: Cellular Telecommunications & Internet Association
Filed By:
Attorney/Author Name:
Document Date:
Complete Mailing Address:
1250 Connecticut Ave, NW
Suite 800
Washington, DC 20036

PUBLIC SAFETY LICENSEES WHO HAVE  EXPRESSED RESERVATIONS ABOUT THE “CONSENSUS
PLAN
http://svartifoss2.fcc.gov/prod/ecfs/retrieve.cgi?native_or_pdf=pdf&id_document=\
6514285541
====================================================================================

"Mark Pallans" <[email-masked]> wrote:

Its been brought to my attention by
several posters that Marcel has,
and as is typical for him, multiple
postings on a bunch of sites a
message that the City of Fort
Lauderdale has reservations about the
Consensus Plan.
The Consensus Plan is wholly supported
by Fort Lauderdale!!! The
quote in the message that Marcel is
duplicating over and over and
over and over and over is not from any
document related to the
Consensus Plan. It was taken from the
original response to the FCC's
inquiries over a year ago BEFORE any
Consensus Plan was even
conceived.
In its response to the FCC on the Consensus Plan, Fort Lauderdale
clearly stated that the plan was a good one but had to be further
defined. That response was after the initial Consensus Plan was
submitted to the FCC. Since then - lots of clarifications have been
made and the City supports its with even more enthusiasm.
In fairness to Marcel - it appears from the link used that he got
this message from the FCC. If so they screwed up and I would
question the validity of the other agencies quoted in the document.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Save up to 80% on top-quality inkjet cartridges & refill kits at Myinks.com
Free shipping on orders $50 or more to the US and Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5702
http://us.click.yahoo.com/YrYXfA/AyWGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/