Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Programs - Wide Area Augmentation System (WAAS)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2003 04:50:26 -0400

http://gps.faa.gov/Programs/WAAS/waas.htm
--

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Free shipping on all inkjet cartridge & refill kit orders to US & Canada. Low prices up to 80% off. We have your brand: HP, Epson, Lexmark & more.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5510
http://us.click.yahoo.com/GHXcIA/n.WGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

Text and print
version

AND-730

The Wide Area Augmentation System (WAAS) is a GPS-based
navigation and landing system that provides precision guidance to
aircraft at thousands of airports and airstrips where there is currently
no precision landing capability. Systems such as WAAS are known as
satellite-based augmentation
systems (SBAS). WAAS is designed to improve the accuracy and ensure
the integrity of information coming from GPS satellites. The FAA is
using WAAS to provide a Lateral Navigation/

Vertical Navigation (LNAV/VNAV) capability with commissioning in 2003.
Concurrently, the FAA will evaluate the approach to achieve Global
Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) Landing System (GLS) capability
in later years. WAAS testing in September 2002 confirmed accuracy
performance of 1 – 2 meters horizontal and 2 –3 meters vertical
throughout the majority of the continental U.S. and portions of Alaska.