Subject: [NEXTEL-1] 3 MAJOR MS SECUIRTY FAILURE ALERTS TODAY

From: Jack Daniel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 23:29:25 -0700

Panic time for Microsoft. 
They admit all their current major platforms are full of security leaks
and patches are needed ASAP.

Microsoft continues to compromise the security of everyone's PC by
leaving backdoors and routines to accomodate THEIR own spyware.

from http://www.microsoft.com/security/

Microsoft Security Bulletin MS03-026
Security Update for Microsoft Windows

July 16, 2003

Why We Are Issuing This Update
A security issue has been identified that could allow an attacker to
compromise a computer running Microsoft® Windows® and gain control over
it. You can help protect your computer by installing this update from
Microsoft.

The following products require updating:

Microsoft Windows NT® 4.0 
Microsoft Windows 2000 
Microsoft Windows XP 
Microsoft Windows Server™ 2003 
-----------------------------------

Microsoft Security Bulletin MS03-027
Security Update for Microsoft Windows

July 16, 2003

Why We Are Issuing This Update
A security issue has been identified in the Microsoft® Windows® shell
that could allow an attacker to compromise a Microsoft Windows XP-based
system and gain control over it. The Windows shell provides the basic
framework of the Windows user interface experience. It is most familiar
to users as the Windows desktop. You can help protect your computer by
installing this update from Microsoft.

Product Affected by This Update
The following product requires updating:

Microsoft Windows XP 
----------------------------------------

Microsoft Security Bulletin MS03-028
Security Update for Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration Server
2000 (ISA Server)

July 16, 2003

Why We Are Issuing This Update
A security issue has been identified that could allow an attacker to run
programs and access data on a computer running Microsoft Internet
Security and Acceleration Server 2000. This issue only affects computers
configured to use Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration Server
2000 to connect to the Internet. You can help protect your computer by
installing this update from Microsoft.

Product Affected by This Update
The following product requires updating:

Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration Server 2000 (ISA Server) 
---------------------------------

Last week they said they had so much excess cash on hand they were
looking for investments. I suggest they use it to FIX their lame
software !

These fixes are endless and the cost to the productity of America is
enourmous.

Maybe it's time for a class action against this de facto monopoly.
The least should be an immediate congressional investigation.  
Wouldn't it be terrible if these 'flaws' were intentional by some
anti-American Microsoft engineers?

I assume the Feds pc's have been tapped too so what info Micfrosoft has
let our enemies have access to?
===============================================================

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Coral Calcium for Greater Health. 1 month supply - $23.95
(1 bottle, 90 tablets, 400mg each with Magnesium & Vitamin D)
http://www.challengerone.com/t/l.asp?cid=2805&lp=calcium2.asp
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mcIe3D/v9VGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: sparkie_rf <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 16:14:29 -0000

> leaving backdoors and routines to accomodate THEIR own spyware.

Its not the software, its the company. 

Microsoft is the security failure.

Linux is now the defacto operating system standard.

www.netcraft.com is a very interesting site for folks involved in 
web software. Their latest report lists the top five (5) webhosts 
all use FreeBSD(my favorite). You'd have to be a complete fool to 
use windows.

FYI, the best webserver bar none is little known, aolserver.com. 
(Zeus aint bad either) It rocks, blows apache away. I've used for 4 
years now, very happy, yes its GPL.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Free shipping on all inkjet cartridge & refill kit orders to US & Canada. Low prices up to 80% off. We have your brand: HP, Epson, Lexmark & more.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5510
http://us.click.yahoo.com/GHXcIA/n.WGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->