Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Motorola's Rolls Out General Radio Packet Service (GPRS) Push-To-Talk (PTT) solution

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 15:51:42 -0400

Motorola, Fastlink Partner to Provide Push-To-Talk Solution
Motorola's Global Telecom Solutions Sector (GTSS) signed an agreement with
Jordan's Fastlink to pilot Motorola's GPRS Push-To-Talk solution in Europe, the
Middle East , and Africa. Motorola scheduled additional GPRS trials with other
network operators in the region as well.

==================================================================

Leverages 65-year History in Two-Way Communications to Bring Service
Differentiating Feature to Cellular Operators

DUBAI, United Arab Emirates, July 24 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Motorola (NYSE:
MOT) Global Telecom Solutions Sector (GTSS) has signed an agreement with Fastlink
to be the first in the Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) region to pilot
Motorola's General Radio Packet Service (GPRS) Push-To-Talk (PTT) solution.
Point-to-point PTT calls to individuals and PTT group calls have been demonstrated
successfully at Fastlink's facility in Amman.  "Motorola's heritage in
Push-To-Talk systems provides a strong foundation for adding PTT to cellular
technologies," said Margaret Rice-Jones, corporate vice president and general
manager for Motorola GTSS EMEA.  "PTT can attract customers and enhance revenues
on an operator's existing GPRS network.

It is one of many new features in our portfolio of end-to-end solutions." Motorola
has GPRS PTT trials and demonstrations with other wireless network operators in
EMEA scheduled throughout the remainder of this year.  Commercial launch of
Motorola's GPRS PTT solution is targeted for 2004.  "The ability to provide our
customers with innovative new services like Push-To-Talk is vital to ensure we
retain our market-leading position in Jordan," said Mohammad Saqer, CEO of
Fastlink.  "Mobile usage in Jordan is predicted to more than double in the next
three years.  PTT service will help our customers to stay connected, informed and
efficient in this fast developing market." Motorola's PTT solution works with both
GPRS and Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA) 2000 1X networks.

It combines the flexibility of mobile messaging with the ease of use of voice,
enabling mobile users to get a voice connection with another user or group of
users by simply pushing a button on their handset.  The conversation exchange is
managed by half-duplex sessions that allow only one party to talk at one time.

Motorola's PTT server solution is based on the common platform for Motorola's IP
Multi Media Sub-System (IMS) solution and supports the IP protocols that are part
of Third Generation Partnership Project (3GPP).  The open architecture of
Motorola's GPRS PTT solution enables operators to use any standards based GSM/GPRS
infrastructure equipment, and any mobile terminal equipped with Motorola's PTT
client.

About Jordan Mobile Telephone Services Company Ltd. ("Fastlink")
Jordan Mobile Telephone Services Company was established in 1994 as a
joint venture between Motorola and Jordanian investors.  Fastlink started
commercial operations in September 1995 and was the first operator to
introduce mobile phone services into Jordan.  Fastlink is licensed to carry
out GSM 900 MHz mobile services and covers 99.9 percent of Jordan's population
and 66.0 percent of the country's geographic area.  It offers integrated
mobile communications services comprising of voice communications, value-added
services, SMS, MMS, WAP and GPRS.  In 2003, Fastlink became a subsidiary of
Mobile Telecommunications Company K.S.C. ("MTC").  Since its inception,
Fastlink has increased its subscriber base at an exponential growth rate, with
the number of users currently exceeding 900,000 and representing 75 percent of
total market in Jordan.  For more information, please visit
http://www.fastlink.com.jo/

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/07-24-2003/0001988187&EDATE

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges & Refill Kits for Your Epson at Myinks.com
Free shipping on orders $50 or more to the US and Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5705&lp=home/epson.asp
http://us.click.yahoo.com/brYXfA/_xWGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/