Subject: [NEXTEL-1] "I was appalled at the response from the Nextel representative"

From: "marcel_rf1" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2003 00:34:07 -0000

The Journal News

Tappan

July 1, 2003 11:38am

Rethinking cellphone tower

Recently, at an emotional hearing, the Ramapo Planning Board wisely 
voted to withhold final approval of a Nextel cell-phone tower on
Grove Street in Monsey pending the exploration of an alternative 
commercial site.

I was appalled at the response from the Nextel representative: "State 
law and local ordinance are on our side. We've expended much time, 
effort and money and supplied impressive expert testimony. 

I, therefore, do not understand what to make of the Planning Board's 
instructions." This hardworking, middle-class neighborhood has 
repeatedly pleaded for the rule of common sense. Grove Street is 
already closely surrounded by existing towers and power lines.

While we all want to continue to enjoy the comforts and convenience
of ever more powerful technologies, the repositories of such power 
must be allocated to commercial, industrial and non-residential sites. 
Responsible planning now will avoid disease cluster studies in the 
future.

Rivka Frankel
Monsey

http://hoovnews.hoovers.com/fp.asp?layout=query_displaynews&q=NEXTEL&s
o=&dc=&ro=&ed=&sd=&s=1&boldtext=NEXTEL&sym=&doc_id=NR20030701700.15_6a
1d0028390b7fe2

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/