Subject: [NEXTEL-1] "Nextel Phones"- Tools Of the Trade For Mom & Son Burglary Team.

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2003 04:01:00 -0400

"Nextel Phones"- Tools Of the Trade For Mom & Son Burglary Team.

Mother, friend charged in computer thefts

Matt Coughlin , Special to The Mercury
06/12/2003

The 37-year-old mother of a Worcester man who pleaded guilty to the theft of 35
laptop computers from the Oak Park Elementary School was arrested Monday for her
alleged connection with the crime.

Bonnie Lohin -- mother of Michael David Lohin II of the 1200 block of Quarry Road,
Worcester, along with Rocky Comita, 20, of the 600 block of Walnut Tree Drive in
Blandon, Berks County, have been charged with burglary, criminal conspiracy to
commit burglary, receiving stolen property and theft by unlawful taking.

Bonnie Lohin surrendered to police Monday, according to Hatfield Det. Keith Bell.

Comita was arrested May 15 and waived his right to a preliminary hearing Monday.

On May 30, Michael David Lohin II, 19, also of the 1200 block of Quarry Hall Road,
pleaded guilty to charges stemming from the thefts at the Hatfield school.

According to police, someone broke into the elementary school on Squirrel Lane
between 8:30 p.m. Aug. 13 and 6 a.m. Aug. 14, 2002, and removed 35 Compac N800C
laptop computers and a Hewlett Packard printer.
According to the criminal complaint, Michael Lohin visited the Hatfield Police
Department in January to make a voluntary statement.

Lohin told police he and his mother argued over money he owed her for her car.
During that conversation, Lohin told police that he and his mother discussed
stealing the computers, which would be sold and the money he owed her paid back.
Lohin told police he and his mother approached Comita about serving as a lookout
during the burglary.

Bonnie Lohin then borrowed a Dodge Ram pickup from a friend and allegedly drove
Michael Lohin and Comita to the school. The three suspects used Nextel phones to
communicate during the alleged burglary.

According to the police report, Comita hid behind a bush near the front of the
school while Michael Lohin removed boards and entered the school.

Bonnie Lohin allegedly drove around to the back of the school and picked up the
computers.

Police were led to Michael David Lohin by an anonymous letter sent to the North
Penn High School Principal Steven Frederick in September. "Mike and Bonnie Lohin
of Lohin Enterprises stole the 35 laptop computers. They are being hidden in the
basement of 1258 Quarry Hall Road, Norristown, PA," the letter was quoted as
saying in a November police report.

The Quarry Hall address is actually in Worcester Township.

Police searched the home last Sept. 24 and allegedly found 22 of the laptop
computers under a blanket in the basement of the Lohin home.

Michael Lohin told police in September that while working for his father’s company
-- Lohin Enterprises -- on a construction project at the school, that he had
broken in and stolen the computers.

The total value of the computers lost in the theft was $56,150, of which $41,750
worth was recovered in the Lohin basement or by Michael David Lohin in September
when he returned another four computers and a printer to police.
Bonnie Lohin and Comita face charges of burglary, criminal conspiracy to commit
burglary, theft by unlawful taking and receiving stolen property.

Michael David Lohin is out on recognizance bail awaiting sentencing.
He faces a maximum of five to 10 years in prison and a fine of up to $25,000 for
pleading guilty to charges of second-degree felony burglary, and a maximum of
three-and-a-half years in prison and a fine up to $15,000 on theft by unlawful
taking charges.

Comita and Bonnie Lohin both were released on $5,000 unsecured bail. A tentative
preliminary hearing for Bonnie Lohin has been scheduled for June 19.

http://www.pottstownmercury.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=8292075&BRD=1674&PAG=461&dept_id=18041&rfi=6

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Save on Coral Calcium. Get Better Health and
Stronger Bones. Seen on TV
http://www.challengerone.com/t/l.asp?cid-2805&lp=calcium2.asp
http://us.click.yahoo.com/9gf46B/EfUGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/