Subject: Re: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel Defends PPT Trademark- (PPT??? As Alan T. said........T...

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 16:22:39 EDT

In a message dated 7/24/2003 3:06:26 PM Eastern Daylight Time, 
[email-masked] writes:

> PPT??? As Alan T. said........... Typo or Freudian slip?  :)

Actually, I think that Nextel has a much stronger case with PTT (a Principal 
Registration, and not by itself descriptive) vs. Push-To-Talk.  I don't know 
whether Verizon is looking to go after both.  If memory serves (and I've 
already screwed up my daughter's age on a doctor's form today, so maybe the memory 
isn't serving too well right now), the PTT trademark was an assignment of that 
mark from Chadmoore.

Alan

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 17:18:05 -0400

[email-masked] wrote:

> Registration, and not by itself descriptive) vs. Push-To-Talk.

I agree-

> I don't know whether Verizon is looking to go after both.

I can tell you 1st hand VZ is pissed at Nextel and the "Wrath of VZ" is about to
hit them. I hope nextel has been saving their pennies they are going to need it to
pay their attorneys.  BTW- Did you hear VZ acquired and entire 300 person Law Firm
last week in Wash.- No one is talking at VZ but the beltway chatter has it as a
done deal.

> If memory serves (and I've already screwed up my daughter's age on a doctor's
> form today, so maybe the memory isn't serving too well right now), the PTT
> trademark was an assignment of that mark from Chadmoore.
>
> Alan

Chadmoore? I thought it was another company.....But I could be wrong (Too much RF
exposure)