Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Pitronic, Escom collaborate

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2003 02:46:31 -0400

Pitronic, Escom collaborate
by: Moses Michael-Phiri, 7/2/2003, 6:21:10 PM

Malawi radio communication company Pitronic says it has strengthened its market
dominance of the region by supplying more than 100 Motorola two-way VHF radios to
Electricity Supply Corporation of Malawi Limited (Escom) during the past year.
Managing director for Pitronic Lester Rodrick-Pile was quoted in a statement from
the company as saying that effective communications is crucial to Escom’s
commitment to service and that was why his company and Escom have been closely
associated for many years.

“We are once again the contractor of preference in providing products and
technical support for the expansion and upgrade of the entire electrical network
within the country,” he said.  He said since the diverse work force of Escom is
responsible for the power generation , installation, rigging, power lines,
maintenance and meter reading across the length and breadth of Malawi, the
ultimate reliability of two way radio communications cannot only be cost effective
to the company but also allows for the comprehensive coverage in remote rural
areas.

“Although Malawi is a relatively small country, Escom’s employees regularly
communicate through their multichannel UHF radio network over distances in excess
of 800 kilometers. Pitronic, provides reliability and expertise in this field, a
vital requirement for Escom in their quest to furnish electricity to consumers
throughout the country,” said Rodrick-Pile.
Pitronic is a leading distributor of Motorola in the (Sadc) region and was founded
in 1969.  “Companies from countries such as South Africa which operate in this
country form an important part of our business. Two-way radio systems are used
extensively on nearly all building and civil engineering contracts and are
essential tools in the development of residential and commercial complexes, road
building and most other lager projects,” he said.

This story was printed from The Malawi Nation website, http://www.nationmalawi.com

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/