Subject: [NEXTEL-1] New TIA Standards

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 16:49:15 -0400

New TIA Standards

NEW PROJECT NUMBERS:

Project Number -3-0119 (create a new TIA only document) – TIA-902.AAAB –
Wideband Air Interface Text Messaging Specification (TMS) Public Safety
Wideband Data Standards Project – This document defines the interoperability
for public safety applications. If interested contact Jeff Anderson, Motorola, at
847.576.4210 or via email at [email-masked].

Project Number 3-0120 (create a new TSB) – TSB150 – Private Land Mobile
Radio (FCC Part 90) Two-Way Mobile and Portable Equipment RF Exposure
(EME) Reporting to Meet FCC MPE/SAR Approval Certification – This
document establishes guidelines to identify the necessary elements to be
included in SAR (and MPE) test reports. If interested contact Nicholas E.
Buris, Motorola, at 847.538.3038, or via email at [email-masked].

Project Number 3-0121 (create a new TSB) – TSB62-24 – ITM24 – Fiber
Break Source Analysis – This document is a diagnostic tool intended to
ascertain the break stress causing failure of optical fibers. If interested
contact
Greg Smith, Corning Incorporated, at 607.974.7134, or via email at
[email-masked].

Project Number 3-0122 – (create a new TSB) – IP Network Architecture
Model for cdma2000 Spread Spectrum Systems – This document describes
network entities and their interconnecting reference points comprising a
wireless CDMA network end target architectures.

Project Number 3-0123 – (create a new TSB) – CDMA Circuit Network
Architecture to IP Network Architecture Evolution – This document describes a
Wire Network Operator (WNO) view of one possible evolution path from the
current circuit mode legacy network to the All-IP Multimedia Domain (MMD)
network. If interested contact Chuck Ishman, Motorola, at 847.632.7921, or via
email at [email-masked].

Project Number 3-0124 – (adopt an international standard) – TIA-455-234 –
FOTP234-IEC 60793-1-52 - Measurement methods and Test Procedures –
Change of Temperature – This standard describes the procedures to measure
temperature change in optical fibres. – If interested contact Greg E. Smith,
Corning, Incorporated, at 607.974.7134, or via email at [email-masked].

Project Number 3-2818-RV1 – (adopt an international standard) –
TIA-455-74-A – FOTP74 – IEC 60793-1-53 – Measurement Methods and Test
Procedures – Water Immersion – This standard describes the procedures to
monitor water immersion in optical fibres – If interested contact Greg Smith,
Corning Incorporated, at 607.974.7134, or via email at [email-masked].

Project Number 3-2819-RV1 – (adopt an international standard) –
TIA-455-67-A – FOTP67 – IEC 60793-1-51 – Measurement Methods and Test
Procedures – Dry Heat – This standard describes the procedures to measure
dry heat in optical fibres. If interested contact Greg Smith, Corning
Incorporated, at 607.974.7134, or via email at [email-masked].

Project Number 3-2821-RV1 – (adopt an international standard) –
TIA-455-160-A – IEC 60793-1-50 – Measurement Methods and Test
Procedures – Damp Heat – This standard describes the procedures to
measure damp heat in optical fibres. If interested contact Greg Smith, Corning
Incorporated, at 607.974.7134, or via email at [email-masked].

Project Number 3-1344-RV2 – (adopt an international standard) –
TIA-455-20-B – FOTP20 – Measurement Methods and Test Procedures –
Monitoring of Changes in Optical Transmittance – This standard describes the
procedures to monitor changes in optical transmittance in optical fibres. If
interested contact Greg Smith, Corning Incorporated, at 607.974.7134, or via
email at [email-masked].

Project Number 3-3610-RV2 – (revise a TSB) – TSB70-B – FSK Air Interface
Common Message Protocol Cross-Reference – This revision will reflect
message changes. If interested contact John Kay, Motorola, at 847.632.2519
or via email at [email-masked].

Project Number 3-3797-RV1 – (revise a TSB) – TSB102.BACC-A – ISSI
Overview – This document will revise TSB102.BACC. If interested contact Jerry
Drobka, Motorola, at 847.576.3797, or via email at [email-masked].

Project Number 3-4253-RV1 – (adopt an international standard) –
TIA-455-195-A – FOTP195 – IEC 60793-1-21 – Measurement Methods and
Test Procedures – Coating Geometry – This standard describes the methods
to measure coating geometry in optical fibres. If interested contact Greg Smith,
Corning Incorporated, at 607.974.7134, or via email at [email-masked].

Project Number 3-4626-RV1 – (revise a standard) – TIA-102.BAAC-A –
Project 25 Common Air Interface Reserved Values – This document lists all
the reserved values for the fields of information. If interested contact Alan
Wilson, Motorola, Inc., at 847.538.1270, or via email at
[email-masked].

Project Number 3-4701-RV1 – (adopt an international standard) –
TIA-455-111-A – FOTP111 – IEC 60793-1-34 – Measurement Methods and
Test Procedures – Fibre Curl – This document describes the methods used to
measure fibre curl in optical fibres. If interested contact Greg Smith, Corning
Incorporated, at 607.974.7134, or via email at [email-masked].

Project Number 3-4833-RV2 – (adopt an international standard) –
TIA-455-191-A – FOTP191 – IEC 60793-1-45 – Measurement Methods and
Test Procedures – Mode Field Diameter – This standard describes the
methods to measure mode field diameter in optical fibres. If interested contact
Greg Smith, Corning Incorporated, at 607.974.7134, or via email at
[email-masked].

NEW STANDARDS PROPOSALS:

SP-3-0016-AD1 – (create an addendum) – TIA-968-A-1 – Telecommunications-
Telephone Terminal Equipment – Technical Requirements for Connection of
Terminal Equipment to the Telephone Network, Addendum 1.

SP-3-1344-RV2 – (adopt an international standard) – FOTP29 – IEC
60793-1-46 Optical Fibres Part 1-46: Measurement Methods and Test
Procedures – Monitoring of Changes in Optical Transmittance.

SP-3-2258-WD – (withdraw a standard) – TIA/EIA-455-24 – FOTP24 – Water
Peak Attenuation Measurement of Single-mode Fibers

SP-3-2835-WD – (withdraw a standard) – TIA/EIA-455-59-A – FOTP59 –
Measurement of Fiber Point Defects Using an OTDR

SP-3-2837-WD – (withdraw a standard) – TIA/EIA-455-61-A – FOTP61 –
Measurement of Fiber or Cable Attenuation Using an OTDR

SP-3-2839-URV2 – (create a new standard) – TIA-455-177-B – IEC 60793-1-43:
Measurement Methods and Test Procedures – Numerical Aperture

SP-3-3309-WD – (withdraw a standard) – TIA/EIA-455-120 – FOTP115 –
Spectral Attenuation Measurement of Step-Index Multimode Optical Fibers

SP-3-3582-WD – (withdraw a standard) – TIA/EIA-455-50-B – FOTP50 – Light
Launch Conditions for Long-Length Graded-Index Optical Fiber Spectral
Attenuation

SP-3-3587-RF1 - (reaffirm a standard) – TIA-712 – Recommended Minimum
Standards for 800 MHz Cellular Base Stations

SP-3-4253-RV1 – (adopt an international standard) – TIA-455-195-A – IEC
60793-1-21 Optical Fibres Part 1-21: Measurement Methods and Test
Procedures – Mode Field Diameters

SP-3-4626-RV1 - (revise a standard) – TIA-102.BAAC-A – Project 25 –
Common Air Interface Reserved Values

SP-3-4652-804-A – (create a standard) – TIA-664-804 – Wireless Features
Description – Enhanced Security Services

SP-3-4701-RV1 – (adopt an international standard) – TIA-455-111-A –
FOTP111- IEC 60793 1-34 Optical Fibres Part 1-34: Measurement Methods
and Test Procedures – Fibre Curl

SP-3-4833-RV2 – (adopt an international standard) – TIA-455-191-B –
FOTP191 – IEC 60793-1-45 Optical Fibres: Part 1-45: Measurement Methods
and Test Procedures – Mode Field Diameters

NEW DOCUMENTS AVAILABLE:

American National Standards:

ANSI/TIA-455-62-B – FOTP62 – IEC 60793-1-47 Optical Fibres Part 1-47:
Measurement Methods and Test Procedures – Macrobending Loss

ANSI/TIA-455-80-C – FOTP80 – IEC-60793-1-44 – Optical Fibres Part 1-44: -
Measurement Methods and Test Procedures – Cut-off Wavelength

ANSI/TIA-455-133-A – FOTP133-A – IEC 60793-1-22 Optical Fibres Part 1-22:
Measurement Methods and Test Procedures – Length Measurement

ANSI/TIA-455-175-B – FOTP175 – IEC 60793-1-42 – Optical Fibres Part 1-42:
Measurement Methods and Test Procedures – Chromatic Dispersion

ANSI/TIA-455-176-A – FOTP176 – IEC 60793-1-20 – Optical Fibres Part 1-20:
Measurement Methods and Test Procedures – Fibre Geometry

ANSI/TIA-604-2-A – FOCIS2 – Fiber Optic Connector Intermateability
Standard, Type ST

TIA-Only Documents/Interim Standards:

TIA-902.BAAF – Wideband Air Interface Mobility Management (MM) Layer
Specification- Public Safety Wideband Data Standards Project – Digital Radio
Technical Standards

TIA-902.BAEB – Wideband Air Interface Packet Data Specification (PDS) –
Public Safety Wideband Data Standards Project – Digital Radio Technical
Standards

TIA-923 – Link Layer Assisted Service Options for Voice-over IP: Header
Removal(SO 60) and Robust Header Compression (SO 61)

Telecommunications Systems Bulletin (TSB):

TSB133 – Private Land Mobile Radio (FCC Part 90) Two Way Mobile and
Portable Equipment RF Exposure (EME) Labeling, Product Manual, User
Awareness, and Control Information to Meet FCC MPE/SAR Guidelines

Reaffirmed Documents:

TSB-102.BACA – Inter-RF Subsystem Interface Messages Definition – New
Technology Standards Project – Digital Radio Technical Standards (reaffirmed
in committee 04/02/03)

TSB-102.BACC – Project 25 – Inter-RF Subsystem Interface Overview – New
Technology Standards Project – Digital Radio Technical Standard (reaffirmed in
committee 04/02/03)

ANSI/TIA-530-A – High Speed 25-Position Interface for Data Terminal
Equipment and Data Circuit-Terminating Equipment, Including Alternative
26-Position Connector (reaffirmed 5/20/03)

ANSI/TIA-561 – Simple 8-Position Non-Synchronous Interface Between Data
Terminal Equipment and Data Circuit-Terminating Equipment Employing Serial
Binary Data Interchange (reaffirmed 5/20/03)

ANSI/TIA-562 – Electrical Characteristics for an Unbalanced Digital Interface
(reaffirmed 5/20/03)

ANSI/TIA-574 – 9-Position Non-synchronous Interface Between Data Terminal
Equipment and Data Circuit-Terminating Equipment Employing Serial Binary
Data Interchange (reaffirmed 5/20/03)

ANSI/TIA-723 – High Speed 232 Type DTE/DCE Interface (reaffirmed 5/20/03)

Withdrawn Documents:

TIA-455-46-A – FOTP46 – Spectral Attenuation Measurement for Long-Length,
Graded Index Optical Fibers (withdrawn in committee 01/15/03).

TIA-455-53-A – FOTP53 – Attenuation by Substitution Measurement for
Multimode Graded Index Optical Fibers or Fiber Assemblies Used in
Long-Length Communications Systems (withdrawn in committee 01/15/03).

TIA-455-77 – FOTP77 – Procedures to Qualify a Higher-Order Mode Filter for
Measurements on a Single-Mode Fiber (withdrawn in committee 01/15/03).

Downgraded Documents (American National Standards to TIA-only
Documents)

TIA-455-7 – FOTP7 – Numerical Aperture of Step-Index Multimode Optical
Fibers by Output Far-Field Radiation Pattern Measurement

TIA-455-38 – FOTP38 – Measurement of Fiber Strain in Cables Under Tensile
Load

TIA-455-47-B – FOTP47 – Output Far-Field Radiation Pattern Measurement

TIA-455-84-B – FOTP84 – Jacket Self-Adhesion (Blocking) Test for Fiber
Optic Cable

TIA-89-B – FOTP89 – Optical Fiber Cable Jacket Elongation and Tensile
Strength

TIA-455-91 – FOTP91 – Fiber Optic Cable Twist-Bend Test

TIA-455-128 – Procedures for Determining Threshold Current of
Semiconductor Lasers

TIA-455-129 – FOTP129 – Procedures for Applying Human Body Model
Electrostatic Discharge Stress to Package Optoelectronic Components

TIA-455-177-A – FOTP177 – Numerical Aperture Measurement of
Graded-Index Optical Fibers

TIA-455-178-A – FOTP178 – Measurement of Strip Force for Mechanically
Removing Coatings from Optical Fibers

TIA-504-A – Telecommunications – Telephone Terminal Equipment – Magnetic
Field and Acoustic Gain Requirements for Headset Telephones Intended for
Use by the Hard of Hearing

TIA-526 – Standard Test Procedures for Fiber Optic Systems

TIA-526-27 – OFSTP27 – Procedure for System-Level Temperature
Cycle Endurance Test

TIA-5430000 – Generic Specification Field Portable Electronic
Instruments for Optical Fiber System Measurements

TIA-587 – Fiber Optic Graphic Symbols

TIA-590-A – Standard for Physical Location and Protection of
Below-Ground Fiber Optic Cable Plant

TIA-626 – Multimode Fiber Optic Link Transmission Design

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/sOykFB/k9VGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 03:36:17 -0400

> 847.576.4210 or via email at [email-masked].

TIA Publishes New Private Radio Standards

Arlington, Va

July 8, 2003.

The Telecommunications Industry Association (TIA) has published a new
standard, "Wideband Air Interface Mobility Management Layer - Public Safety
Wideband Data Standards Project - Digital Radio Technical Standards," TIA
902.BAAF.

TIA-902.BAAF describes the mobility management (message procedures and
formatting) layer of the wideband air interface (WAI) specification. The WAI
is the radio interface between fixed network equipment and mobile subscriber
units, as well as directly between subscriber units. The WAI, which operates
in the 700MHz band, is designed to deliver a flexible data bit rate to land
mobile units within 50, 100 and 150KHz user channels. The mobility
management layer, as described in the new standard, provides for the control
of system access and location tracking of the mobile subscriber units.
Specific attributes include equipment registration and authentication,
mobile unit energy savings through intelligent power conservation, and
best-quality radio link management.

TIA-902.BAAF was created by TIA TR-8.5 Subcommittee on Signaling and Data
Transmission and released May 2003. To obtain copies of the document, please
contact Global Engineering Documents at (800) 854-7179 or visit
http://global.ihs.com.

Arlington, Va.
July 2, 2003

The Telecommunications Industry Association (TIA) has published a new
standard: "Wideband Air Interface Isotropic Orthogonal Transform Algorithm
(IOTA) -- Physical Layer Specification--Public Safety Wideband Data
Standards Project -- Digital Radio Technical Standards," TIA-902.BBAB.

TIA-902.BBAB defines the physical (transmission) layer of the IOTA/OFDM
Modulation Wideband Air Interface (WAI). The WAI is the interface between
the fixed network equipment and the subscriber units and directly between
subscriber units. IOTA, which operates in the 700MHz band, is designed to
deliver a flexible bit rate within 50, 100, and 150KHz channels. Under good
conditions, the standard allows optimal data throughput to be maintained
while supporting significantly better performance than currently used
systems under weaker signal conditions.

This document was created by TIA TR-8.5 Subcommittee on Signaling and Data
Transmission and released March 2003. To obtain copies of the document,
please contact Global Engineering Documents at (800) 854-7179 or visit
http://global.ihs.com.

http://www.tiaonline.org/media/press_releases/index.cfm?parelease=03-103

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Free shipping on all inkjet cartridge & refill kit orders to US & Canada. Low prices up to 80% off. We have your brand: HP, Epson, Lexmark & more.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5510
http://us.click.yahoo.com/GHXcIA/n.WGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->