Subject: [NEXTEL-1] NTIA's Nancy Victory to leave NTIA

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 17:24:14 -0400

Victory to leave NTIA

by Heather Forsgren Weaver
July 10, 2003

WASHINGTON—Nancy Victory, the embattled assistant Commerce secretary for
information and administration, is leaving her post, which leads the National
Telecommunications and Information Administration, Aug. 15, said NTIA spokesman
Clyde Ensslin. "She decided that having reached the two-year mark now would be a
good time to return to private life,” said Ensslin.”

Victory told her staff Wednesday of her intentions to leave, said Ensslin, but she
will probably not return to Wiley, Rein & Fielding, the high-powered
telecommunications law firm she left to join NTIA. She will begin reviewing her
options after she leaves, said Ensslin.

Victory's battle as NTIA chief began before she was even confirmed by the Senate.
Indeed, on the day of her confirmation hearing, press reports questioned her stock
holdings and both her and her husband's close relationships with
telecommunications entities.

One of these relationships—her husband representing Time Domain Corp., an
ultra-wideband technology provider—required her to recuse herself from the UWB
proceeding. This turned out to be a battle that dominated her first year at NTIA
and yet she couldn't participate.

Another controversy involved the fact that some telecommunications lobbyists paid
for a congratulatory party for Victory at her home with company funds. 

Source: http://rcrnews.com/cgi-bin/news.pl?newsId=14240

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 17:48:29 -0400

I wonder if she is taking Don with her? If the NTIA merger occurs there will be no
room for him according to Simpson in D.C.