Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Robbery-wary banks look to GPS to track money

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 14:30:00 -0400

-------- Original Message --------
From: Mark Krotz <[email-masked]>
Subject: Robbery-wary banks look to GPS to track money

Robbery-wary banks look to GPS to track money

Associated Press
Jul. 31, 2003 08:30 AM

HONOLULU - A recent increase in bank robberies in Hawaii has prompted 
some banks to consider using Global Positioning System technology to 
better trace stolen cash.

A Fountain Hills company called U.S. Currency Protection Corporation 
sells the technology.

Police in Honolulu have asked the company for more information.

The director of security for Bank of Hawaii says GPS technology won't 
replace dye packs, which stain cash and can emit nerve gas.

But George Cramer says the system would allow officials to trace the 
path of stolen money over the Internet.

Cramer is one of a number of banking officials talking to police about 
the merits of GPS technology.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Free shipping on all inkjet cartridge & refill kit orders to US & Canada. Low prices up to 80% off. We have your brand: HP, Epson, Lexmark & more.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5510
http://us.click.yahoo.com/GHXcIA/n.WGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/