Subject: RE: [NEXTEL-1] Traveler's Information Stations

From: "Madden, Roger" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 15:26:26 -0400

Kenton,

Most State Highway Departments have lots of experience with TIS.  They
almost universally call them Highway Advisory Radio stations.  

I "Googled" to highway advisory radio, and found a number of vendors.  I
suggest you talk to the State Highway Departments; Larry Miller at
AASHTO can give you the contacts.  They know whose equipment they have
installed and its quality/reliability.

Re TIRN  -- TIRN is a series of full power AM stations, mostly around
central Florida, that broadcast traffic info, and
tourist/traveler-related advertising, in an agreement with and support
from Florida DOT (I thihk).  TIRN is not TIS.  The TIRN stations are
licensed under P 73, vs. P 90 for TIS/HAR. If you want to continue the
discussion off-line, please contact me at [email-masked],  or my
tel no. is 850-410-5610.

Good Luck,

Roger Madden

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, June 30, 2003 6:58 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Traveler's Information Stations

Read this  story
 http://orlando.bizjournals.com/orlando/stories/2003/06/23/story6.html

 And Check this link to Travelers Information Radio Network Web site:
http://www.tirn.com/

From:   "Kenton E. Sturdevant" <[email-masked]>
Date:  Thu Jun 26, 2003  12:49 pm
Subject:  Traveler's Information Stations

Although this might seem off topic...it is regulated in Part 90.

Anyone out there have recommendations on TIS equipment? I Have a
request to put together a package of information/recommendations for
a University who wants to establish a TIS system to provide a campus
information system.

I have the licensing/application down pat but thought I would see if
anyone out there had any good/bad experiences in putting this kind of
system up.

Thanks.

Kenton

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 15:46:12 -0400

I can hear those Fla. stations up here in N.C.

We have a company here in Durham that provides TIS radios. We have two
mounted on trailers for deployment during emergencies. There are several in
the area that are permanant installs.

We can dial into them via an onboard cell phone and record the message.

Rik Rasmussen
Communications Maintenance
City of Durham, NC

Original Message:
-----------------
From: Madden, Roger [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2003 15:26:26 -0400
To: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [NEXTEL-1] Traveler's Information Stations

Kenton,

Good Luck,

Roger Madden

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, June 30, 2003 6:58 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Traveler's Information Stations

Read this  story

Thanks.

Kenton

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------
mail2web - Check your email from the web at
http://mail2web.com/ .