Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Commerce Moves To Combine Agencies

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 15:24:38 -0400

Commerce Moves To Combine Agencies
By Wireless Week Staff

WASHINGTON -- The Commerce Department moved today to combine the National
Telecommunications and Information Administration with two other government
agencies into a single, better coordinated entity.

Secretary of Commerce Don Evans sent a bill to Congress asking that lawmakers
combine NTIA with the Technology Administration and the electronic commerce
functions of the International Trade Administration into one agency that would be
called the Technology and Telecommunications Administration.

"This Administration understands that our global marketplace has changed and that
telecom and technology operate together, not separately. We need to adjust our
thinking and adjust our structure to keep pace with the world, our economy and
innovation," Evans said in a prepared statement.

=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges & Refill Kits for Your Epson at Myinks.com
Free shipping on orders $50 or more to the US and Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5705&lp=home/epson.asp
http://us.click.yahoo.com/brYXfA/_xWGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/