Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Wireless Design Online Newsletter

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2003 15:52:14 -0400

================================================================
Wireless Design Online Newsletter - http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com
Thursday, July 3, 2003
================================================================
 
------------------------------------- 
FEATURED ARTICLES
-------------------------------------  
 
1) Wavecom Launches Compact Phones Development Lab
2) Samsung marketing NAND-Mobile DDR MultiChip solution
3) Global Conference Agrees to Expanded Wi-Fi Frequencies
 
---------------------------------------
 
1) Wavecom Launches Compact Phones Development Lab
 
Wavecom, Inc. has unveiled its Compact Phones Development Lab, a complete wireless
technology solution designed to enable customers to bring compact, feature-rich
mobile telephones to market quickly and easily...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/40427/793725
 
2) Samsung marketing NAND-Mobile DDR MultiChip solution
 
Samsung has announced the industry's first commercially available NAND/DRAM
multichip package (MCP) memory solution encompassing a 256Mb Mobile DDR SDRAM and
two 256Mb NAND flash devices. The MCP solution eases the design challenges for 3G
handset makers of delivering high-resolution video and gaming features in a small
form factor and low power consumption...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/40428/793725
 
3) Global Conference Agrees to Expanded Wi-Fi Frequencies
 
In a move to simplify high-speed wireless Internet access globally, negotiators
have tentatively agreed to allocate more of the world's airwaves to technologies
such as the popular Wi-Fi standard. The deal, expected to receive final approval
by Friday, gives another 455 megahertz of airwaves to wireless local area
networks, U.S. and European Union officials said Wednesday...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/40428/793725

--------------------------- 
FEATURED DOWNLOAD
---------------------------
 
American Technical Ceramics (ATC) has just released its new Product Selection
Guide for resistors, inductors, capacitors, thin film custom products and co-fired
ceramic products. The new 24-page guide provides an overview of ATC's components
with general specifications for each product group. Visit the Wireless Design
Online download library to get your pdf copy of the guide.
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/40436/793725

------------------------------------- 
FEATURED PRODUCTS
-------------------------------------
  
1) Multi-Mix PICO(TM) Power Dividers
2) High Power Switchers
3) Semi-Rigid SSR/SSA/Specialty Cables 
4) Fast-Switching Synthesizer
5) Spicelink
6) CelPlanner Software
7) Multiport Circulators
8) Orban Microwave Products 
 
---------------------------------------
 
1) Multi-Mix PICO(TM) Power Dividers
 
The Multi-Mix(R) PDD-Z series provides an in-phase, binary power divider with low
insertion loss in a small outline. Accurate phase and amplitude balance make them
ideal for applications involving IQ networks, power amplifiers, signal
distribution and processing...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/40429/793725
 
2) High Power Switchers
 
The VS Series measures 5-in. x 5-in. x 11-in. in a 1500 watt case or 5-in. x 8-in.
x 11-in. in a 2500 watt case. The series is compliant with EN61000-3-2 harmonic
distortion standards. The switches incorporate a design offering 1 to 12 outputs
to accommodate and combination of output voltages and currents from 800-2500
watts...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/40430/793725
 
3) Semi-Rigid SSR/SSA/Specialty Cables 
 
SSA Aluminum Jacketed Semi-Rigid Cable is available from .085 to .250 diameters.
This Aluminum Jacketed cable is certified to MIL-C-17, with a tin-plated aluminum
outer conductor. It can be ordered with either a non-magnetic SPC (Silver Plated
Copper) or a SPCW (Silver Plated Copper Clad Steel) center conductor...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/40431/793725
 
4) Fast-Switching Synthesizer
 
MITEQ's SLS Series synthesizers utilize a fast-tuning phase-locked loop
architecture to provide a balanced combination of low phase noise and tuning
speed. They are ideal for wireless and SATCOM application over the frequency range
of 1-15 GHz...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/40432/793725
 
5) Spicelink
 
Spicelink(TM), Ansoft's physics-based electronic design automation (EDA) tool that
performs electromagnetic-field simulation of 2D and arbitrary 3D structures,
provides users with unprecedented levels of accuracy and confidence in the
resulting circuit models...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/40433/793725
 
6) CelPlanner Software
 
CelPlanner Suite, from CelPlan, provides you with all the tools (CelPlanner,
CelTools and CelData) required for a precise performance prediction of a wireless
system. CelPlanner has been designed to provide accurate predictions in all
commercial frequency ranges for ANALOG, TDMA and CDMA technologies...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/40434/793725
 
7) Multiport Circulators
 
Where additional isolation is required, 2 or more junctions can be combined into a
single package. Ute Microwave offers units in most frequency ranges -- including
octaves, most common connectors, etc...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/40435/793725
 
8) Orban Microwave Products 
 
Orban Microwave Products (OMP) designs and manufactures wireless radio and antenna
products for both the commercial and high-end markets. The company was established
as an independent RF and microwave design organization concentrating on projects
in the 1 to 20 GHz frequency range...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/40437/793725

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Save on Coral Calcium. Get Better Health and
Stronger Bones. Seen on TV
http://www.challengerone.com/t/l.asp?cid-2805&lp=calcium2.asp
http://us.click.yahoo.com/9gf46B/EfUGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/