Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel Contract Petitioners

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 01:39:05 -0400

For new members: FYI-
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nextel Contract Petitioners

To:  Nextel Communications

To Nextel Customers,

Did you know that out of 6 pages of NEXTEL TERMS AND CONDITIONS - SUBSCRIBER
AGREEMENT, on page 3, paragraph 10 there is a statement which allows Nextel to
change their contract withus? It is buried in a very long paragraph about rates,
charges, and payments and it reads "Company reserves the right to modify any 
and all elements of the service charges at any time and eachsuch modification 
shall be effective immediately upon the company’s communication thereof
to customer . . ." The sentence continues on about customers payments, but the
important point has  already been made.

Did you know that they used this sentence to change the nights and weekends from 8
p.m. to 9 p.m.? Nextel contends that because of the above sentence, THEY can do
anything THEY want but WE are still bound by the contract. In other words the 
contract is only valid for us, the consumers. This change cost every customer
(with free nights and weekends) more than 1200 minutes of free service per phone, per
month. Do you wonder what changes Nextel might decide THEY want next?

Did you also know that Nextel buried the notice of this change on your march bill
at the end of several paragraphs of Nextel News (advertising)? There was nothing 
bold enough to bring this statement to our attention and many people may not be
aware of it yet. If you missed it you were not alone!

If Nextel truly appreciated their customers, they should at least adhere to
industry practice and grandfather in the contracts of existing customers

If you agree what Nextel did was unethical and that existing contracts should be
grandfathered in, please sign this petition.

If we get enough signatures in the allotted time, the petition will be sent to
Nextel Communications and the Better
Business Bureau.

Sincerely,

The Undersigned

Sign-Up here:
http://www.PetitionOnline.com/next829/petition-sign.html

View Current Signatures
 http://www.PetitionOnline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?next829

http://www.PetitionOnline.com/next829/petition.html

The Nextel Contract Petition to Nextel Communications was created by Nextel
Customers and written by Anita Heath.  This
petition is hosted here at www.PetitionOnline.com as a public service.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Natural Vitamins for Good Prostate & Male Health. $28.97
http://www.challengerone.com/t/l.asp?cid=2865&lp=prosta2.html
http://us.click.yahoo.com/qJIe0D/89VGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/