Subject: [NEXTEL-1] DataRadio, Access Spectrum offer CDPD replacement solution

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 17:35:13 -0400

PRESS RELEASE

DataRadio and Access Spectrum 
Unveil CDPD Replacement Solution
For Mission-Critical Mobile Data 
Ccommunications

Atlanta, GA and 
Bethesda, MD 

July 16, 2003

DataRadio, a leading manufacturer of wireless data systems for critical
communication needs and Access Spectrum, the premier nationwide provider of
Exclusive Private WirelessSM bandwidth, have joined forces to offer a
cost-effective mobile data solution designed to meet the needs of utilities,
public safety and other critical infrastructure entities across the United States.

Over the next two years, service to hundreds of thousands of mission-critical
mobile data users will be terminated, as cellular companies shut down their CDPD
networks. “There are no mobile data replacement alternatives offered by commercial
carriers that provide the customized geographic coverage, guaranteed response
times and guaranteed service continuity required for mission-critical
communications,” says Access Spectrum CEO Michael I. Gottdenker. “Furthermore,
there are thousands of entities that recognize the value of mobile data service
but are located in suburban or rural areas where the carriers have not and will
never provide adequate coverage.”

The XPW Mobile Data 220 solution is a 100% private system operating on exclusive,
unencumbered 220 MHz channels, which are dedicated to mission-critical mobile data
use. Built on a proven technology platform, the system utilizes the XPW MobilPac
220 radio modem, a rugged, factory integrated, easy to install, vehicular radio
that features advanced DSP (digital signal processing) for high performance
operation in demanding mobile data applications.

“XPW provides an excellent opportunity for DataRadio to deliver superior wireless
service for critical infrastructure customers,” says DataRadio President Bob
Rouleau. “The industry needs an alternative for CDPD refugees—one that gives
critical communications users exclusive, unencumbered wireless bandwidth for
maximum reliability. XPW delivers the replacement that CDPD users need.”

DataRadio and Access Spectrum have designed the XPW Mobile Data 220 solution to
provide all the control and benefits of a fully private network, with the ease of
use of a public network, including a monthly per unit fee. “We recognize that, in
some cases, entities would rather pay a monthly recurring fee and have a smaller
up-front capital investment than is typical with a private system,” says Rouleau.
“By making this option available, we are able to deliver the best of both worlds
to our customers.” 

To learn more about XPW Mobile Data Solutions contact: 
Andrew Rein
Director of Deployment Strategies
Access Spectrum, LLC
301.941.1109
[email-masked]

About Data Radio
DataRadio is a leading manufacturer of advanced wireless data products and systems
for mission critical applications. DataRadio products are found at the heart of
mobile data as well as automation and control networks around the world. With a
20-year history of innovation in wireless data technology, DataRadio is the source
for private data-by-radio solutions. To learn more about mobile data equipment
from DataRadio, visit www.DataRadio.com

About Access Spectrum
Access Spectrum provides Exclusive Private Wireless Solutions that enable
companies to reduce operating costs, improve response times, and increase safety
by maintaining control of wireless voice and data communications networks. 

Access Spectrum and its network of Exclusive Private Wireless Solutions Providers
deliver the equipment, engineering and bandwidth for end-to-end implementation of
wireless voice and data communications systems. Unlike shared or unlicensed
wireless solutions, Exclusive Private Wireless delivers the absolute control,
flexibility and long-term reliability needed by critical infrastructure providers,
including utility, petrochemical, transportation and manufacturing companies, and
public safety organizations. Visit the company online at www.AccessSpectrum.com.

Press Inquiries: 
For additional information, please contact: 
Terri Chou
Manager, Marketing Communications
Access Spectrum, LLC
301-941-1106
[email-masked]

 http://www.AccessSpectrum.com/4_1_16.html

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/sOykFB/k9VGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/