Subject: Re: [NEXTEL-1] FCC Chairman Michael Powell Visits Alexandria, Virginia 911 Ca...

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 09:01:19 EDT

Actually, I believe that, while the AT&T call failed to properly route, I was 
told that the Nextel call was successfully routed.  I don't know about calls 
for other carriers that day.

Alan T.

In a message dated 7/14/2003 11:29:55 PM Eastern Daylight Time, 
[email-masked] writes:

> Opppps.............FYI- The 1st demonstration failed when an AT&T wireless 
> caller
> failed to be properly routed to the correct PSAP and ended up in another
> jurisdiction. Subsequent calls were properly routed.
> http://ftp.fcc.gov/hdln_photo_062003.html

---

From: marcelrf
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 09:08:45 -0400

True-

The AT&T called failed because of a database problem (which AT&T acknowledged).
The other carrier was Cingular. The Nextel call did route properly thanks to Timmy
supervising at the PSAP.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/message/8591

[email-masked] wrote:

> told that the Nextel call was successfully routed.  I don't know about calls for
> other carriers that day.
>
> Alan T.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Control Hunger EZ with fast acting oral EZ Appetite Suppressant Spray
from VitaminBoost.com. 1 Month Supply - 2oz., 80 sprays: $19.97.
http://www.challengerone.com/t/l.asp?cid=2866&lp=ezappetite3.html
http://us.click.yahoo.com/aSJFwB/XWXGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/