Subject: [NEXTEL-1] FCC Information Gathering

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2003 11:25:52 -0400

-------- Original Message --------
   From: Robert Schwaninger <[email-masked]>
Subject: FCC Information Gathering

Jack:

Although Laura and I may not agree on the path that the FCC should take regarding
800 MHz interference problems, I commend the FCC for any effort it is expending in
gathering information.This is not the first time the agency has sought additional
information or clarification of persons' positions relevant to a rule making, if
indeed this is what the agency is doing.Therefore, I agree with Laura's practical
reflection on what might be going on.

As for whether the agency is engaging in some sub rosa effort to circumvent the
notice and comment provisions of the Administrative Procedures Act by jaw boning
with public safety entities, I don't think that's going on.What is likely going on
is the agency's efforts to circumvent the political and competitive rhetoric of
some of the commenters, to get down to the core technical issues which divide the
parties.Cripes, you can only read the crud that lawyers, lobbyists, and our ilk
produce for so long, before you need a breath of fresh air from a few more
practical folks.Can you blame the people at the FCC for running away from the
likes of windbags like me, and seeking a rational rapport with affected persons?

Robert

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Coral Calcium for Greater Health - $23.95
http://www.challengerone.com/t/l.asp?cid=2805&lp=calcium2.asp
http://us.click.yahoo.com/MmkSQC/NTVGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/