Subject: [NEXTEL-1] RE: Is the FCC helping sell the Nextel Plan ?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2003 08:33:31 -0400

-------- Original Message --------
From: "Laura Smith" <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: Is the FCC helping sell the Nextel Plan ?

Jack:

I hadn't heard anything about out-calling at the FCC, but if they need
clarification of specific points in someone's filing they may in fact give them a
quick call.  You may also, as a result of any calls, see some additional filings
from those called to make sure any clarifications sought by the staff are on the
record.  (These filings will be brief and shouldn't contain any new substantive
information but should simply clarify the position of the group or entity filing.)

They may also be out-calling as a result of the recent round of visits by the good
folks at CTIA.  They have been visiting the floor explaining their Balanced
Approach filing and some questions may have arisen on the part of the staff as a
result of those visits.  

If in fact they are out-calling, it sounds to me like last minute due diligence on
the part of the FCC staffers as they draft their decision -- not like a nefarious
plot on anyone's part.

But I may be wrong . . . Laura  :-)

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Save up to 80% on top-quality inkjet cartridges and get your order fast!
FREE shipping on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. Shop at Myinks.com!
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/v2G7ND/KfUGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/