Subject: [NEXTEL-1] MOTOWIRE, July 2003

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2003 08:40:39 -0400

You are receiving this newsletter because you are a member of the MOTOCODER
Developer Program and have opted to receive the MOTOCODER newsletter, MOTOWIRE.
If you no longer wish to receive this newsletter, please click the at the end of
this message to unsubscribe.

[MOTOWIRE: A MOTOCODER(SM) Newsletter | Motorola: intelligence everywhere(TM)]

          [Image]                                         Sample Code

                 Motorola, Nokia, Siemens, Sony
                 Ericsson and Sun Microsystems, Inc.      CodeBreak
                 announced at JavaOne their plans to      Codebreak is a
                 unify their application testing and      J2ME MIDlet game
                 certification programs into a single     for the T720
                 initiative that will help accelerate     handset. The
                 the availability of applications and     computer randomly
                 services for Java™                       selects a code
                 technology-enabled wireless devices.     sequence of four
                 The initiative will set common           colored pegs from
                 certification criteria for content       four to six
                 testing that the participants aim to     available colors
                 make a symbol of consistent quality      (user specified).
                 in the wireless industry.                The player makes a
                                                          series of pattern
                                                          guesses. After
                 [Image]     Find out more                each guess the
                             [Image]                      accuracy of the
                                                          guess is revealed.
                                                          If you guess the
                                                          correct pattern in
          [Image]                                         eight or fewer
                                                          turns, you win.
            Nick Capone of Animobile won first prize in
            the games and entertainment category for
            his game, Fatal Error and Televigation won      Download and
            the first prize in the business and             start playing
            productivity category for TeleNavTrack, a
            GPS-enabled tracking service. Each winner
            was awarded $20,000 for their applications.

              See who the other winners are and more      Bug Submission
              about their apps

                                                          Help us make a
          [Image]                                         better product.
                                                          Alert us about
            Motorola SDK v3.1.5 for J2ME(tm) is an        problems with
            update to SDK v3.1.1. It supports V295        Motorola SDKs,
[Image]     and includes enhanced Launchpad features      tools or phones.
            and closed-class APIs (e.g. Phonebook).       Bug submission is
                                                          free.

               Download and start developing
                                                            Find out how to
                                                            submit a bug

            Motorola SDK v4.0 for J2ME(tm) is the
            newest version of the SDK. It supports the    Tip of the Month
            A760, V300, V600, E395 and includes
            enhanced Launchpad features and updated
            emulator.
                                                          My phone has
                                                          Bluetooth
               Download and start developing              capability. Can I
                                                          use J2ME to access
          [Image]                                         and control the
                                                          Bluetooth
            The Motorola Browser Application     [Image]  transmitter?
            Development Kit is a toolset
            allowing you to create and view WAP
            content for Motorola Internet                   Find out the
            Browser (MIB)-enabled devices. It               answer to this
            includes an editor, a device                    in the J2ME FAQ
            emulator for testing content and
            browsing functionality. The features
            of this ADK includes allowing you to
            create and view WAP content using
            markup languages, has a Motorola
            T720 handset and MIB 2.0 WAP
            1.2.1-compliant color browser                 Newsletter Archive
            support, allows you to compile and
            debug WMLScripts, support for
            browsing via a HTTP or WAP
            connection from your desktop proxy            Just joined
            support, and offline simulation of            MOTOCODERSM or
            WML and WMLScript content from local          missed some of the
            cache.                                        past Motowire
                                                          newsletters?
                                                          Motowire
               Download and start developing              newsletters are
                                                          now archived for
                                                          your convenience.

                                                            See what you
                                                            have missed