Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Boost Mobile Eyes 3

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 19:19:53 -0400

Boost Mobile Eyes 3
July 22, 2003
By Rebecca Flass and Ann M. Mack

Team One thinks young in Boost TV spots.

LOS ANGELES Boost Mobile is in the final stages of a review for the creative
portion of its ad account, according to sources.

The Irvine, Calif.-based client, a division of Nextel, is eyeing national
expansion, which is one of the factors that prompted the review, sources said. The
incumbent, Publicis Groupe's Team One in El Segundo, Calif., is a finalist, along
with WPP Group's Berlin Cameron/ Red Cell in New York and Omnicom's
TBWA\Chiat\Day, said sources. TBWA\C\D in New York picked up the creative portion
of Nextel's $150 million account in May following a review.

Billings could reach at least $50 million as the client extends its reach, sources
said. Boost, which launched its wireless services in California and Nevada last
fall, spent $2 million on ads in 2002 and $3 million through April of 2003,
according to TNS Media Intelligence/CMR. Billings were estimated at $10-20 million
when Team One picked up the business [Adweek, Sept. 9].

Agency officials either declined comment or could not be reached. Boost
representatives could not immediately be reached.

Aegis Group's Carat in Los Angeles handles media buying for Boost. Those chores
are not in play, sources said.

Recent Boost work from Team One has included TV spots featuring senior citizens
who engage in youthful activities and speech. One execution that launched in March
had rap artist Fabolous in the company of elderly groupies following his concert.
A woman used a Boost phone to try to find her friend, who was inside a limo with
Fabolous.

http://www.adweek.com/aw/national/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1938825

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Natural Vitamins for Good Prostate & Male Health. $28.97
http://www.challengerone.com/t/l.asp?cid=2865&lp=prosta2.html
http://us.click.yahoo.com/qJIe0D/89VGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/