Subject: [NEXTEL-1] TransAKT™ Integrates Wireless POS Terminal to FEDChex’s NeGate & WiChex Systems

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 14:46:31 -0400

July 23, 2003

TransAKT™ Integrates Wireless POS Terminal to FEDChex’s NeGate & WiChex Systems

Breakthrough system allows for lowest-cost wireless POS solution in industry to
address both checks and credit cards
Calgary, Alberta – Irvine, CA - July 23, 2003 – TransAKT Corp. announces today
that it has integrated its T4 POS (point-of-sale) Terminals to FEDChex’s NeGateÔ
and WiChexÔ Systems, and that it has selected FEDChex as the sole provider of
check-based solutions on the TransAKT™ platform. Merchants will now be able to
accept and authorize both credit cards and checks at the point of sale and
substantially reduce the losses from bad checks that they currently experience.
Merchants will not be required to go to their banks to deposit the checks since
the funds are directly deposited into their accounts upon completion of a
successful transaction.

Integration with WiChex allows merchants to do a POS (point-of-sale) check
conversion at the door with a wireless device. For the first time ever, WiChex
allows merchants to deploy a variety of check verification, conversion and
guarantee applications in the field, these applications can now be the same as
those already used in the merchant’s store locations.

TransAKT™’s integration with NeGate  provides a state-of-the-art system that
integrates the FEDChex negative check-writer database and check recovery system
with the state-of-the-art TransAKT™ terminal. With NeGateÔ, bad check-writers are
automatically flagged inside a merchant’s wireless POS system so that the minute a
customer ID, check routing and account numbers or phone number is entered, the
point of sale system notifies the merchant that this customer has already written
a bad check. NeGateÔ allows merchants to stop check runners in their tracks and
has been proven to reduce fraud by repeat check writers by over 85%.

With this integration, merchants desperate for a complete wireless payment
solution will be able to take full advantage of the following features:

Convert Checks at the Customers Door – No more night-deposit drops of checks. No
more drivers losing checks or not accounting for them. Now checks will be
converted at the door saving drivers valuable time and the company from errors.
The TransAKT™ POS (point-of-sale) Terminal will read all the relevant information
on the check and provide the client with a complete record of the transaction.

Based on Preferred Dispatch and Field Infrastructure – TransAKT™ POS terminals
attach to the back of Motorola iDEN® cell phones that operate on the Nextel
Network in the United States and the Telus Mobility network in Canada. These
systems and networks are the preferred platform for mobile dispatch and include
Nextel’s “Mike” 2-way radio feature, to support field dispatch.

Automatic Return Item Integration – Every returned check will automatically be put
into a merchant’s POS system. No more having to enter bad check writer’s info or
keep outdated printed lists. No more having to bug store managers to enter bad
check writer data into their systems.

Direct Payment Acceptance – With NeGateÔ, a merchant can take a payment from a
customer on a returned item immediately. No more having to give the customer an
800 number and hope that they get taken care of, the merchant accepts payment for
their return item and marks the item as paid in the TransAKT™ POS system and now
that customer is out of the negative database, it’s that simple.

Localized Negative Database – Each customer ID or phone number will be checked
against data that is local to a merchant’s location. No more having to put in a
separate phone line and run verification against a database where 99.9% of the
data is not in the merchant’s area. Stop check runners in their tracks with
localized negative information.

Direct Recovery Integration – A merchant’s TransAKT™ POS system will be directly
integrated to the FEDChex check recovery system, offering the highest recovery
rates on return items. As checks are collected through FEDChex, the POS system
will automatically remove those check writers from the system.

“We’ve made it as easy and convenient to take payments at the door as it is in the
store. Our TransAKT™ POS terminals married with FEDChex payment solutions gives,
for the first time, the mobile delivery and service industries a cost-effective
wireless payment solution,” said Daniel Pomerleau, President of TransAKT Corp.
“Given that the US remains our largest and fasting growing market, FEDChex is an
ideal partner for us and that the incorporation of their exclusive technology will
greatly enhance the marketability of the TransAKT™ product line in the USA.”

“For years our clients have demanded a fully functional wireless POS system that
was cost-effective, this has led us to investigate many POS terminals and
solutions without success. Finally, we have the solution, TransAKT™. This system
is the most cost-effective and powerful POS terminal in the wireless marketplace
today,” said Ed Arnold, CTO of FEDChex. “We’re excited to be working with a
multi-national company like TransAKT Corp., they’ve already proven they can
deliver large scale orders of product to our national clients. It’s been an
incredible experience to collaborate on our exclusive check-offering with TransAKT
Corp., they define state-of-the-art as a company.”

FEDChex will distribute and sell the TransAKT™ POS terminals to its existing
client base that includes thousands of companies ranging from Fortune 500
corporations to small family owned businesses. Some of their existing clients
include Costco, Papa Johns Pizza, Pizza Hut, Los Angeles Water and Power, Dominos
Pizza Corp., Domino’s Franchisees and Little Caesar’s Pizza.

Contact Information for TransAKT Corp:
Rick Martens Toll Free 1.800.266.4484 or
e-mail – [email-masked]
Contact Information for FEDChex:
Chris Benson, Vice President
Toll Free 1.800.992.6713
e-mail – [email-masked]

http://www.transaktcorp.com/news/7-23-03.htm

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Toner for Your Printer or Fax at LaserTonerSuperstore.com-Save 55%!
We have your brand: HP, IBM, Canon, Xerox, Apple and many more for less!
http://www.LaserTonerSuperstore.com
http://us.click.yahoo.com/YmQqWC/qicGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/