Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Timmy Floods The Media With Pressers In A Futile Attempt To Squelch Verizon Espionage Talk

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2003 12:13:52 -0400

Timmy Floods The Media With Pressers In A Futile Attempt To Squelch Verizon
Espionage Talk

Nextel Expands Coverage to Include Oregon
Coast
Tuesday July 1, 12:00 pm ET

Award-winning Digital Walkie-Talkie and Cellular Phone
Service Available Throughout Oregon
Network Evolves to Include Astoria, Seaside, Tillamook,
Lincoln City and Newport

PORTLAND, Ore.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--July 1, 2003-- Nextel Communications Inc.
(NASDAQ:NXTL - News) announced today it has expanded its wireless network to bring
Nextel's popular and award-winning four-in-one wireless services to areas along
the Oregon Coastline. The Nextel network - one of the most robust wireless
networks throughout the United States - has evolved to include coverage in
Astoria, Seaside, Tillamook, Lincoln City and Newport.

In recent years, Nextel has become one of the fastest growing wireless service
providers in Oregon and throughout the Pacific Northwest. Nextel currently has
sales offices in Beaverton, Bend and Eugene. Oregon Coast retail locations include
Authorized Representatives in Astoria, Seaside, Tillamook, Lincoln City and
Newport.

"Nextel is one of the few wireless companies in the United States, and in Oregon,
that is continuing to maintain growth in its business," said Dan Scroggin,
Nextel's District Manager in Oregon. "We think the reason is simple. Today, we are
providing an unmatched wireless service, primarily to businesses in Oregon. Our
phones - flat out - can do things that others cannot. Nextel Direct Connect(TM),
the digital walkie-talkie service that is part of every phone we sell, provides a
unique form of instant communications. Add in our standard cellular capabilities
and one of the best wireless data platforms available, and you have an extremely
powerful business communications tool."

Nextel began offering wireless services in Oregon in 1994 and has continually
expanded its Oregon network, most recently to the Oregon Coast. In addition to
residents and travelers to the coastal towns, Nextel also recognizes that expanded
coverage will be a boon to Portland area businesses that have a need for their
Nextel wireless phones and Direct Connect(TM) capabilities when servicing
businesses along the Oregon Coast.

"Nextel phones have become an indispensable part of our business because of the
unique way they allow us to communicate," said Tim Stroud, owner of Portland-based
Summit Construction. "Our business requires immediate communication and
coordination of multiple employees and customer interactions during the day. With
Nextel, and its Direct Connect feature, we have the ability to reach our employees
immediately with order changes, delivery delays or any other piece of critical
information instantly. And the fact that Direct Connect now works throughout
Oregon and across the United States is an added bonus."

In addition to the new Oregon Coast coverage, Nextel recently announced that
customers in much of the Northwest now have expanded digital walkie-talkie
capabilities. Nextel users, traveling between most large U.S. cities, can now use
Direct Connect to communicate instantly with any other Nextel customer from coast
to coast, in an instant at the push of a button.
Through a focus on general business, enterprise and government customers, Nextel
has built a robust offering of wireless phones, features, services and data
applications that support companies large and small with a need to deploy
productive wireless solutions. "Nextel focuses on offering products that actually
help our customers build their businesses and provide a return on their
investment," continued Scroggin.

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/030701/15024_1.html

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/