Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Re: P25 FDMA

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2003 11:31:26 -0400

Motorola has had a SDR unit since 1999 that can do P-25, iDEN, Smartnet, Satcom,
PCS, Cellular and more at 6.25Khz , 12.5 Khz & 25 Khz bandwidths. The latest
software update allows you to modify wave forms to adopt to any technology.
With coverage from 30Kz ~ 2Ghz  and up 35 watts it was originally programmed with
a Palm Top. An HP PDA running CE with a infrared interface is now the latest
programming tool.

Ron Haraseth wrote:

> The FCC is looking at channel efficiencies that indicate a base level of
> efficiency pinned to a level such as one voice path per 6.25 kHz as example.
> The public safety 700 band is a good example of the variables.  The voice
> channels in that case are segregated in 25 kHz blocks and subdivided into 4 6.25
> KHz blocks.  You can use any combination of the 4 as long as the equivalent is 4
> voice paths per 6.25 kHz.  Example: 4 FDMA 6.25 kHz (no body makes that yet) or
> a 12.4 kHz TDMA 2 time slot, or a 25 kHz TDMA 4 time slot.Ron

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Toner for Your Printer or Fax at LaserTonerSuperstore.com-Save 55%!
We have your brand: HP, IBM, Canon, Xerox, Apple and many more for less!
http://www.LaserTonerSuperstore.com
http://us.click.yahoo.com/YmQqWC/qicGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/