Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel's New iR1200- Is really a "i30sx In A Box" Packaged by elutions (Not Motorola)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 22:14:11 -0400

Today Nextel released its iR1200 wireless modem. It struck me strange because I
did not get my customary e-mail or phone call from the boys (and Girls) in the
Moto LAB in S-Burg. to let me know about the unit. So when I saw the presser I
called my "Connect" to chastise them  for not calling me.  Before I could get two
words out they said "It's not Ours!"......

I said Huh? What?

They said the new modem was packaged by a company called elutions in Tampa Fl,  a
supplier of billing software & monitoring equipment to utility companies. He said
elutions took a i30sx (49.95) and threw it in a box and added some lights and
called it a "Wireless Modem". They were  not very happy because their team spent
months on developing the iO1500R. They also commented that Nextel did not want to
wait for their new wireless modem, the  iO1500R  to hit the market and their cost
to Nextel was to high.

So I did some DD and sure enough he was right. Here is the i30sx stripped down to
board level in a box.  (That was his crude description, there is a little more
than that.)

Look for yourself......
https://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/prod/oet/forms/blobs/retrieve.cgi?attachment_id=338102&native_or_pdf=pdf

So here we have the 1st iDEN unit NOT made by Motorola. This is actually a
"Milestone" for Nextel.

This maybe the new way on "How Business Gets Done" We don't make it ...........We
"Package It"

iR1200 data sheet by elutions
http://www.elutions.com/wireless/docs/iR1200%20Data%20Sheet.PDF

 elutions
http://www.elutions.com/wireless/

January 25, 2000

Invensys Building Systems, Inc. and Engage Networks, Inc. have today announced the
formation of a
Joint Venture to develop and market fully integrated Internet commerce energy
management solutions to
commercial, institutional and industrial energy consumers.

The Joint Venture is a separate commercial entity leveraging the experience,
products, and intellectual
property of each company. The new venture, called eLutions, Inc. will be based in
Tampa, Florida.
eLutions combines the family of metering and measurement products from recently
acquired TeCom, with
Engage Networks' market-leading energy monitoring and distributed generation
software and
communications hardware.

The 200+ Worldwide Field Offices of Invensys Building Systems will engineer,
install and service these
products, adding supply-side control to their already extensive demand-side
control product offering.
Solutions and products offered by eLutions will include enterprise-wide energy
information systems to
gather, aggregate and remotely present historical and real-time usage and cost
data on electricity,
natural gas, water, steam, compressed air and other energy factors, from
geographically diverse
locations.