Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Re: Time Magazine: Powell may depart FCC this Fall

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 17:46:05 -0400

-------- Original Message --------
   From: [email-masked]
Subject: Re:Time Magazine: Powell may depart FCC this Fall

In a message dated 7/21/2003 12:02:52 PM Eastern Daylight Time, [email-masked]
writes:

> It's always good to have some good news on a Monday...
> Jim

I wouldn't get TOO excited, until we know who the new person is.  You never know,
this new person might be even less to your/our liking.  Given that the new person
would be appointed by the same President as the currently sitting Chairman, it is
more likely than not that the new Chairman would have a similar regulatory bend,
albeit maybe not expressing it the same way.  So, I just sit and hold my breath.

Who'd have thunk that James Quello, a broadcaster who was pretty unfriendly to
land mobile for many years, would turn out to be maybe the most land
mobile-friendly Chairman that we've seen in the recent past.

Alan T.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get a FREE REFINANCE QUOTE - click here!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/nHYuCC/ca0FAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/