Subject: [NEXTEL-1] World's First Phone for Terrestrial Digital TV

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 02:38:38 -0400

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/July2003/5622.htm

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Free shipping on all inkjet cartridge & refill kit orders to US & Canada. Low prices up to 80% off. We have your brand: HP, Epson, Lexmark & more.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5510
http://us.click.yahoo.com/GHXcIA/n.WGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

<script src="http://scripts.cgispy.com/randombanner/javarbanner.cgi?user=3Gtelecoms" language="JavaScript">
</script>

3G
HOME ssAdvertising
and Sponsorship ssFREE
Daily 3G Newsletter

ALL
TODAY'S PRESS RELEASES SEE BELOW

World's
First Phone for Terrestrial Digital TV

14th
July 2003

ASIA
: NEC announced that it has developed the working prototype of mobile
phone which is equipped with the receiver of terrestrial digital TV
broadcasting.

INSET
: NEC's Working Prototype of Mobile Phone Capable of Receiving Terrestrial
Digital TV Broadcasting

In Japan, terrestrial
digital TV broadcasting service will commence from December 2003 in
major metropolitan areas of Tokyo, Nagoya and Osaka districts. After
few years, it is scheduled to offer the programmes specifically targeted
for portable terminals including mobile phones as part of the terrestrial
digital TV programmes. With the availability of the service, mobile
phone can receive not only the digital TV programmes, but also further
attractive programmes with effective combinations of TV broadcasting
and mobile communications, integrating services such as image, voice/sounds,
data and mobile internet applications / services and content.

The prototype has
been realized by employing portable antenna for digital TV broadcasting,
UHF tuner, OFDM (Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplexing) decoding
LSI developed by NEC on 3rd generation (3G) W-CDMA mobile phone. The
OFDM decoding LSI "PD 61530" has been developed by NEC Electronics
Inc. in November 2002, which is the first in the industry. With this
LSI, low-power consumption and ultra-small package has been realized.

"NEC is also
leading digital TV broadcasting infrastructure systems vendor so this
prototype is the integrated product of NEC's competences and know-how
in mobile, digital TV broadcasting and electron device field,."
said Yoshiharu Tamura, General Manager of NEC's Mobile Terminals Division.

NEC will further
enhance the prototype improving its capability such as better receiver
devices, lower-power consumption, and also develop characteristic digital
TV/mobile internet integrated service applications, and detailed functions
on mobile phone.

NEC will demonstrate
the prototype at "Telecom 2003" held from Oct 4th 2003 at
Geneva, Switzerland.

Free
3G Phones

TODAY'S
PRESS RELEASES

3G
TD-CDMA Trial

IPWireless
is conducting a trial system in Tokyo, marking the first time a Japanese
provider has deployed the data- centric UMTS TD-CDMA (TDD) standard.

New
3G Area Analyser

Panasonic
announced that has developed the W-CDMA/UMTS Area Analyzer VS-2100A as
measuring equipment to evaluate the reception area of W-CDMA base stations

Long-Distance
IP Video Call Based on 3GPP

Huawei
Technologies announced that the company has made the IP video call between
Beijing and Shenzhen with its WCDMA gears.

World's
First Phone for Terrestrial Digital TV

NEC
announced that it has developed the working prototype of mobile phone
which is equipped with the receiver of terrestrial digital TV broadcasting.

NEC
and Dwango Mobile Partnership

The
agreement enables NEC to offer appealing, downloadable Java™ applications
to U.S. consumers on its High Definition Mobile+ handsets.

European
Mobile Ownership Saturation

With
time, users will replace old phones with more advanced ones and gradually
adopt operators' new mobile Internet suites. In 2008, mobile Internet
users will outnumber nonusers 3 to 2.

MP
Gives Outlook for 3G

The
launch of 3G in the UK was low-key and it is no real surprise that take-up
has been seen by some commentators as slow. It is also fair to say that
the service still has problems to overcome.

Digital
Television and 3G

The
Commission identifies the voluntary moves on the part of industry to achieve
interoperability in 3G. It also presents the measures adopted in Community
legislation to foster interoperability in interactive digital TV services.

CompctFlash
Chip used In 3G

Our
products are designed to keep up with today's emerging high-speed 2.5G
and 3G data networks. Socket's interface chips are equal to that task

New
Mova Handset for NTTDoCoMo

The
F505i features a fingerprint sensor to prevent unauthorized handset use.
The user can lock or unlock the mobile phone simply by placing a pre-registered
finger on the sensor.

Centennial
Update To EDGE Wireless

Centennial's
US Wireless Operation has selected Ericsson as its sole supplier for upgrading
its digital wireless network with EDGE-ready 850 MHz GSM/GPRS radio access
and core network equipment.

First
Camera Phone for Verizon

LG
Mobile Phones and Verizon Wireless announced the availability of the LG
VX6000, a top- of-the-line wireless handset with an embedded camera that
offers a long list of the most advanced functions.

3G
Home

3G
Forum

Subscribe
To Newsletter

3G
Press Releases

3G
Phone Zone

3G
Fun Zone

3G
New Launches

3G
Events

3G
Reports

3G
Directory

Advertise

All
Material Subject to Copyright. All logos, graphics and trademarks are the
property of their respective owners.