Subject: [NEXTEL-1] iHollywood Forum Announces Speakers For iWireless World 2003

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2003 19:48:14 -0400

July 07, 2003 07:30 AM US Eastern Timezone

iHollywood Forum Announces Speakers For iWireless World 2003, August 4-5 in Los
Angeles; Third Annual Conference to Feature Leading Wireless Industry Executives

LOS ANGELES--(BUSINESS WIRE)--July 7, 2003--iHollywood Forum, Inc. today announced
the lineup of executives confirmed to speak at the third annual iWireless
World(TM) (www.iWirelessWorld.com), an international conference and showcase
focusing on how wireless technology is transforming entertainment and the
enterprise. The summit will take place August 4-5, 2003 at the Universal Hilton in
North Hollywood, CA.
The summit will bring together more than 400 senior executives and 75 speakers
from carriers, studios, record labels, game publishers, computer companies,
investment firms, chipmakers, developers and handset and device makers for
high-level networking, roundtables, panel discussions and developer workshops.

The entertainment segment will explore consumers' rapid adoption of wireless
entertainment - focusing on strategies for creating, licensing and monetizing
winning games, ring-tones, graphics, video, text, messaging, music and other
cutting-edge wireless content. The enterprise segment will examine the wireless
revolution in the enterprise, including: workplace automation, fleet management;
enterprise messaging, device management, wireless LANs and WANs and much more.

"In the last six months, wireless entertainment and enterprise applications have
moved from hype to big revenue opportunities for carriers, developers, game
publishers, Hollywood studios, technology companies and many others," said Michael
Stroud, founder of iHollywood Forum Inc. and chair of the summit. "The
conference's goal is to examine the hottest applications and let attendees network
with the leaders of the wireless revolution."

Reflecting its growing audience and the rapid adoption of wireless technology,
iWireless World will add a number of exciting new features this year:

Mobile GamesFest (sponsored by Cingular and SMS-powered by Mobileway): An American
Idol-style program where developers showcase their best games and applications.
Judges are top executives from a carrier, handset and entertainment company, and
the audience votes via SMS for the instant Audience Choice Award.

Wireless Developer 2003 Workshops (Presented with Penton Technology Media):
iWireless World has teamed up with Penton Technology Media's Wireless Developer
Conference to offer speakers, workshops and sponsored programs targeted at
developers.

Technology and IT Manager Business Solutions: Sessions designed for IT managers
seeking to expand their knowledge of wireless systems integration, best practices,
architecture, security and authentication and leveraging existing IT
infrastructure to implement wireless solutions.

Wireless LANscape: Sessions focusing on wireless LANs and 802.11 technologies.
Topics include deployment, management, and profit outlook for WLANs in enterprise,
consumer and public settings; battles between chipmakers for dominance; and
ultra-wide-band technology.

Confirmed keynote speakers include:

--  Ross Levinsohn, Sr. Vice President and General Manager,
    FoxSports.com
    "Wireless Sports Hits a Home Run"

--  Larry Shapiro, Executive Vice President, Business Development
    and Operations, Walt Disney Internet Group
    "The Wonderful World of Disney, Anytime, Anywhere"

--  Anthony (Tony) E. Scott, Chief Technology Office, Information
    Systems and Services, General Motors
    "How Wireless Strategies Will Transform the Corporate Enterprise"

Featured speakers and panelists leading the wireless revolution include:

--  AP Digital. a Division of The Associated Press
    Ted Mendelsohn, Director of Content Licensing

--  Atheros Communications
    Craig Barratt, CEO

--  AT&T Wireless
    Elizabeth Schimel, VP Business Development

--  Airborne Entertainment
    Andy Nulman, President

--  BMI
    Scott Andrews, Sr. Director Internet Licensing

--  Boingo Wireless
    Dave Hagen, President

--  Boost Mobile
    Steve Stanford, VP Marketing

--  Computer Associates
     Brian Gralek, Technology Strategist to the Office of the CTO

--  Connexion by Boeing
    Robert Detterle, CTO and CIO

--  Consumer Electronics Association
    Stephen Gates, Sr. Director Communications

--  CDMA Development Group
    Terry Yen, Asia Pacific Director

--  dotPhoto
    Glenn Paul, President

--  EMI Recorded Music
    Ted Cohen, Senior VP Digital Delivery and Distribution

--  Ericsson Mobility World
    Donna Campbell, Executive Director

--  FaithWest
    Carolynne Schloeder, Executive VP

--  Flarion Technologies
    Ronny Haraldsvik, Sr. Director of Marketing Strategy

--  HP
    Maurice Marks, CTO, Network and Service Provider Business Unit

--  Intel Capital
    Sriram Viswanathan, Managing Director of Strategic Investments

--  Jamdat Mobile
    Minard Hamilton, Sr. VP of Corporate Alliances and Sales

--  Lionsgate Entertainment
    Adrian Sexton, Business Development Director

--  LogicaCMG
    Steve Owen, Vice President, Solutions Architect

--  Mastercard International
    Simon Pugh, VP Infrastructure and Standards

--  Maverick Records
    Jeremy Welt, Head of New Media

--  mForma
    Christophe Watkins, Vice President Content

--  Mobliss
    Brian Levin, President

--  Motorola
    Walt Petticrew, Marketing Manager, Wireless & Broadband

--  Moviso (Vivendi Universal)
    Shawn Conahan, President

--  National Semiconductor
    Peter Henry, Vice President Portable Power Products

--  Newline Cinema
    Gordon Paddison, Senior Vice President, Worldwide Interactive
    Marketing and Business Development

--  News Corp.
    Lucy Hood, Sr. VP News Content

--  Nextel
    Robert Ewald, Sr. Director Wireless Data Services

--  Nextel
    Laurie Hoyt, Business Development Director

--  Nokia
    Nada Usina, General Manager/Director, Entertainment and Media

--  PalmSource
    Albert Chu, VP Business Development

--  Proteus
    Craig Dalton, Director of Bus. Development

--  Proxim
    Lynn Lucas, Director of Marketing, WLAN Division

--  QUALCOMM
    Bill Davidson, VP Carrier Relations

--  QUALCOMM
    Mike Yuen, Director of BREW Developer Relations, Consumer Content
    & Applications

--  Research in Motion (RIM)
    David Werezak, VP Marketing

--  Siemens Information and Communication Mobile LLC
    Martin Fichter, Vice President, Product Management & Engineering

--  Sprint
    Ali Zanjani, President Retail

--  Sprint
    Andy Volanakis, General Manager, Ringtones, Screen Savers, Music,
    PCS Division

--  Sonim Technologies
    Wade Vesey, Chief Marketing Officer

--  Sony Music Digital Services
    Thomas Gewecke, Sr. Vice President Business Development

--  Sorrent
    Scott Orr, CEO

--  Starbucks
    Lovina McMurchy, Director Wireless Services

--  Sun Microsystems
    Barbara Kay, Director of Marketing

--  THQ Wireless
    Doug Dyer, General Manager

--  Tira Wireless
    Chris Erickson, President and COO

--  T-Mobile
    Michael Gallelli, Director of Content Acquisition

--  T-Venture of America
    Dr. Claaus Heise, Investment Director

--  Verisign
    Michael Polak, Senior Director for Marketing, Telecom

--  VerizonWireless
    Alex Bloom, Associate Director, Programming

--  Vernier Networks
    Doug Klein, CEO

--  Vodafone Global Content Services
    Graeme Ferguson, Head of Business Development & Content

--  Warner Music Group
    Michael Nash, Sr. VP Internet Strategy

--  WirelessDeveloper Agency
    Konny Zsigo, President

--  Wireless Week
    Sue Marek, Senior Editor

Official sponsors and exhibitors of iWireless World include QUALCOMM, Cingular
Wireless, MobileWay, JP Mobile, Blah!, BlueVolt/FieldRanger, PacketVideo,
Hollywood Reporter, Rogers Cowan / Weber Shandwick Entertainment Marketing,
Consumer Electronics Association, San Diego Telecom Council, Penton Technology
Media, Business 2.0, WirelessDeveloper Agency, Wireless Week, Wireless Business &
Technology, BMI.

For the latest conference agenda, please visit http://www.iwirelessworld.com.

About iHollywood Forum: iHollywood Forum, Inc.(TM) based in Los Angeles, CA,
produces roundtables and conferences for Hollywood, entrepreneurs and mobile
technology professionals. Founded two years ago by business journalist Michael
Stroud, the company produces the popular monthly iHollywood Forum seminars on
digital entertainment; MobileTech Forum for mobile professionals in San Diego, Los
Angeles and Palo Alto; the iWireless World summit on wireless content and
applications; and Digital Media Summit, a conference about digital media delivery
and commerce. More information is available at www.ihollywoodforum.com,
www.digitalmediasummit.com and www.iwirelessworld.com.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Inkjet cartridges up to 80% off. HP, Epson, Lexmark--we have your brand.
Free shipping on every order to the U.S. and Canada! Excellent service.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5510
http://us.click.yahoo.com/QWB0QC/.eUGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/