Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Clemson University Deploys Vettro's Mobile Service and Repair Optimization Application on Nextel's Nationwide Packet Data Network

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 18:35:06 -0400

Clemson University Deploys Vettro's Mobile Service and Repair Optimization
Application on Nextel's Nationwide Packet Data Network

Business Editors

NEW YORK and RESTON, Va.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--July 28, 2003--

Communications Solution Streamlines Trouble Ticketing Process, Billing, Expense
Reporting and Order Fulfillment

Vettro, a leading provider of mobile field services and sales applications, and
Nextel Communications (NASDAQ: NXTL), a leading provider of fully integrated wireless communications services, today
announced that Clemson University has deployed Vettro's Mobile Service and Repair Optimization (MSRO) application on Nextel's
nationwide all-digital packet data network  to enhance the service level and efficiency of its facilities management
organization.

Using Nextel's Java(TM) Technology-enabled wireless phones from Motorola (NYSE:
MOT), Vettro's MSRO application will allow Clemson University's facilities department to optimize:

-- Dispatch and Trouble Ticket Management

Trouble tickets are sent directly from Clemson's CRM system (DataStream 7i) to
supervisors' Nextel phones so they may immediately assign repairs to the most appropriate, available technicians. Once
jobs are assigned, technicians receive detailed job information and send job progress updates in real-time using the application.
Technicians have access to application functionality with or without network coverage.

-- Parts Issuing and Inventory Management

Store personnel utilize the application to wirelessly find and issue parts. These
issues are transmitted into the University's inventory system in real-time. Store personnel utilize bar code scanners from
Symbol Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: SBL) connected to their phones to verify order accuracy, fulfill requests, and manage
inventory.

-- Billing, Time and Expense Reporting

Technicians select job codes to ensure that appropriate departments are billed for
time and materials. "The complete package of Vettro's Mobile Service and Repair Optimization
application, Symbol bar code scanners and Nextel's nationwide all-digital packet data network provides a cost-effective, yet
comprehensive facilities management solution for education and campus environments," said Bill Hughes, director of Clemson
Facilities Maintenance and Minor Construction.

"This solution will enable us to quantifiably increase the capacity of our
workforce, improve the efficiency of our repair and parts management processes, and enhance service levels for our students and
faculty." "Universities and enterprises are being challenged to deliver increasingly higher
levels of service within narrower service windows at dramatically lower expense," said Joe Rymsza, president and chief
executive officer of Vettro. "Vettro's application will allow Clemson to achieve these operational goals in a capital efficient
manner, without disrupting existing business processes."

Vettro's Mobile Service and Repair Optimization application, which streamlines the
trouble ticketing process by interfacing directly with Clemson University's CRM system and provides advanced mobile
inventory management capabilities through Symbol bar code scanners connected to Motorola Java(TM) Technology-enabled phones,
is supported by Nextel's Wireless Business Solutions (WBS) platform. WBS combines the applications, services, tools
and support organizations need to optimize their business with real-time information.
"Nextel's ability to provide reliable, pervasive coverage across Clemson's campus,
as well as our Wireless Business Solutions platform, offer an established foundation that supports all aspects of
Clemson's communication needs and allows the university to realize significant and timely return on investment," said Chris
Hackett, vice president of University Solutions for Nextel.  "We are seamlessly integrating our enterprise expertise into an equally
effective solution for universities such as Clemson."

Vettro's Mobile Service and Repair Optimization application is being deployed by
three user groups within Clemson University's facilities department:

--  Supervisors responsible for the management and operations of Clemson's field
service organization;

--  Technicians responsible for campus-wide facilities service and repair; and

--  Parts order fulfillment staff responsible for delivering parts requested from
technicians and updating store inventory.

http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/cb_headline.cgi?&story_file=bw.072803/232095292&directory=/google&header_file=header.htm&footer_file=

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Free shipping on all inkjet cartridge & refill kit orders to US & Canada. Low prices up to 80% off. We have your brand: HP, Epson, Lexmark & more.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5510
http://us.click.yahoo.com/GHXcIA/n.WGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/