Subject: [NEXTEL-1] C&W hit by cellular fraud

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 04:03:54 -0400

C&W hit by cellular fraud

Cable and Wireless's cellular network in Barbados has suffered a fraud following
an error that enabled customers to make international phone calls for free.
Customers found that if they typed *89 after connecting to their call, then the
cost would not appear on their monthly phone bill.

The company has lost nearly US$500,000 due to the loophole which has been going on
for months, the Associated Press reported, although company officials said they
believe the figure to be far lower. "It is our intention to recov\er all the money
owed," said C&W spokesman Peter Eustace.The company has not commented on how the
problem was discovered, but did say that it has now been fixed.

Posted to the site on 15-Jul-03

http://www.cellular-news.com/story/9283.shtml

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Natural Vitamins for Good Prostate & Male Health. $28.97
http://www.challengerone.com/t/l.asp?cid=2865&lp=prosta2.html
http://us.click.yahoo.com/qJIe0D/89VGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/