Subject: [NEXTEL-1] ‘Mobile Phones to Drive Away Mosquitoes’

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2003 12:21:14 -0400

‘Mobile Phones to Drive Away Mosquitoes’ 

JULY 08, 2003 21:46
by Seong-Yub Ra ([email-masked])

Mobile contents producer Dots Mobile (CEO Ji Sang-chul) said it will provide
‘mobile phone mosquito control’ service from Thursday through SK Telecom, which
enables cellular phone speakers to play a sound in a certain frequency that
mosquitoes dislike. 

According to Dots Mobile, female mosquitoes that bite people have a habit of
avoiding male mosquitoes. So if a mobile phone speaker produces a sound in the
band of 12~15KHz, the sound of male mosquitoes, female mosquitoes do not approach
within a 1m radius. 

Portable mosquito control devices which applied the same principle are being sold
in the market at between 10,000 and 20,000 won, and PC software is also currently
available, however, the principle has for the first time been applied to mobile
phones. 

For users of 011 and 017, they can download and install the software in their
mobile phones by connecting wireless internet ‘Nate’ and it costs 3,000 won for
the download. Once installed, you use the service without downloading it again and
you can also adjust playback time and volume as you desire. 

“Mobile phones are the necessity that everyone carries like one of the body parts
and it will be popular as it is reasonably priced compared to other mosquito
control devices,” the CEO Ji Sang-chul said.

http://english.donga.com/srv/service.php3?biid=2003070924728

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Inkjet cartridges up to 80% off. HP, Epson, Lexmark--we have your brand.
Free shipping on every order to the U.S. and Canada! Excellent service.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5510
http://us.click.yahoo.com/QWB0QC/.eUGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/