Subject: [NEXTEL-1] House E911 Bill Coming

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 14:58:30 -0400

House E911 Bill Coming
BY MARK ROCKWELL
JULY 15, 2003

WASHINGTON -- The U.S. House of Representatives is close to releasing a companion
bill to the measure (S 1250) Sen. Hillary Clinton, D-N.Y., and Sen.  Conrad Burns,
R-Mont., proposed to prevent states from diverting wireless E911 surcharge money
to other uses.

The House bill could be introduced as early as today, say Capitol Hill sources.
The bill would seek to provide funding and oversight of state efforts to get E911
programs up and running, but penalize them if funds earmarked for such efforts
were diverted to other causes. The House bill most likely will try to place the
funding and operational aspects of the effort into a designated office and not
under a task force lead by the National Telecommunications & Information
Administration and other government agencies, say the sources. NTIA may, however,
be the designated office to oversee it, sources say.

http://www.wirelessweek.com/index.asp?layout=newsat2direct&starting=3&pubdate=07/15/03

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Natural Vitamins for Good Prostate & Male Health. $28.97
http://www.challengerone.com/t/l.asp?cid=2865&lp=prosta2.html
http://us.click.yahoo.com/qJIe0D/89VGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/