Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Wireless Design Online Newsletter

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2003 12:23:25 -0400

================================================================
Wireless Design Online Newsletter - http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com
Tuesday, August 5, 2003
================================================================

------------------------------------- 
FEATURED ARTICLES
-------------------------------------  

1) SIA slightly raises Q3 chip forecast
2) Motorola wins US$4 billion lawsuit
3) Manufacturing Technique Offers Possibilities For Electronics Industry

---------------------------------------

1) SIA slightly raises Q3 chip forecast

The Semiconductor Industry Association (SIA) slightly raised its chip forecast for
the third quarter of 2003, although the trade group has not altered its 10.1%
growth prediction for 2003. After flat growth in the second quarter of 2003, the
semiconductor industry is expected to show 5% to 8% growth in the third period of
this year...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/46605/793725

2) Motorola wins US$4 billion lawsuit

Motorola has won a US$4.26 billion judgment against the Uzan family of Turkey for
perpetrating a massive fraud against Motorola. In the ruling, Judge Rakoff stated
that the evidence presented at trial proved that the members of the Uzan family
"have perpetrated a huge fraud"...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/46605/793725

3) Manufacturing Technique Offers Possibilities For Electronics Industry

Manufacturing the minute may have gotten cheaper and more exact, thanks to a new
technique developed by an international team of researchers. The technique,
described in the July 24 issue of the journal Nature, marries two approaches to
lower the cost and improve the control of producing materials at the molecular
level...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/46605/793725

------------------------------------- 
FEATURED DOWNLOAD
-------------------------------------

Today's featured download is the just-introduced Ansoft Designer(TM) SV, a free,
full-featured linear simulator for high-frequency microwave and RF circuit and
system design. Ansoft Designer SV provides engineering professionals and students
with linear frequency-domain circuit simulation technology and a design
environment that are comparable to that of the commercial version of Ansoft
Designer. Download your free copy of the application at:
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/46611/793725

------------------------------------- 
FEATURED PRODUCTS
-------------------------------------
  
1) BlueBird AMPS Modems
2) ELT-400
3) PE4232 - SPST CATV MOSFET Switch
4) Bluetooth Qualification Services
5) High Power Terminations

---------------------------------------

1) BlueBird AMPS Modems

Features:
- 3-watt AMPS/analog cellular modem
- Available in circuit-board format for integration into OEM products
- Greatest geographic cellular coverage in North America
- Downloadable pdf datasheet available...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/46606/793725

2) ELT-400

The ELT-400 is a system consisting of a meter and probe that measures the B-Field
(magnetic) over a range of 10 Hz to 400 kHz. Fields up to 80mT can be measured
(Field Strength Mode), or readings can be displayed in terms of "% of limits"
(ICNIRP, Occupational or General Public, Exposure Standard Mode). Downloadable pdf
datasheet available...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/46607/793725

3) PE4232 - SPST CATV MOSFET Switch

The PE4232 is a high-isolation MOSFET Switch designed for CATV applications,
covering a broad frequency range from DC up to 1.3 GHz. This single-supply SPST
switch offers a single-pin CMOS control interface with industry leading CTB
performance. Downloadable pdf datasheet available...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/46608/793725

4) Bluetooth Qualification Services

Radio Frequency Investigation (RFI) is able to offer a complete range of
qualification and regulatory conformance services for Bluetooth products. The
following list identifies the key service areas that RFI provides for the
Bluetooth industry...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/46609/793725

5) High Power Terminations

Trilithic's HTF-series of high power terminations have been redesigned to extend
the frequency range and offer lower VSWR. These units have 50 ohm impedance and
are standard with N male or N female connectors. Downloadable pdf datasheet
available...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/46610/793725

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/sO0ANB/LIdGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/