Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Communication Engineering Applets

From: "Rik Rasmussen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2003 17:38:57 -0400

Applets

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
----

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
----

Communication Engineering Applets

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
----

These applets have primarily been designed to assist in understanding some
of the principles of Telecommunication Engineering.

Various applets are listed under each of the fields given below. After
selecting a particular applet, follow the instructions that appear on how to
use the applet. The notes (0.5k) will inform you which applets require image
file subdirectories to be attached to the applet directory. This, however,
can be determined from the applets below that have separate image zip files
that also require to be downloaded.

Antennas
    a.. Linear Arrays - Antenna.zip (99.3k)
    b.. Array Scanning - Arrayscan.zip(137k)

Cellular
    a.. The fundamentals of cellular radio system planning, -
Cell.zip(26.7k)
    b.. The fundamentals of cellular radio co-channel interference
calculations. - Mobile.zip (39.6k)
    c.. The optimum beamwidth of a two element array in a 3-sector cell. -
Sector.zip (55.8k)
    d.. The optimum beamwidth of a three element array in a 3-sector cell. -
Sector3E.zip (58k)
    e.. Propagation loss models used in cellular system planning. -
Models.zip (241k)

Electromagnetics
    a.. Shielding - Shielding.zip(139kB)

Electronics
    a.. FIR Digital Filter

Mathematics
    a.. Basic Vector Mathematics - Vector.zip (27.8k)

Microwaves
    a.. The TE10 mode in a rectangular waveguide using rotational 3D
wireframe diagrams - TE10.zip (69.9k)
    b.. Reflections on a transmission line - Reflection.zip (147k)
    c.. Standing waves - VSWR.zip (326k), Images.zip(508k)
    d.. Tower Height calculations - Profile.zip (81k)
    e.. Path calculations - LOS.zip (28.8k)
    f.. Smith Chart  - SmithC.zip (63.3k)

Miscellaneous
    a.. The Perpetual Motion Wheel - Wheel.zip (86.4k),Images 0.26k
    b.. Trading Analysis -
    c.. Elliot Wave Generator using Fibonacci Levels -
    d.. Exchange rates - Xchgrts.zip (82.8k)

Radar
    a.. The Monostatic radar equation - Monostatic.zip (14.2k)
    b.. The pulse repetition frequency - PRF.zip (19k)
    c.. Doppler Radar - Doppler.zip (17.7k)
    d.. Blind Speed - Blindspeed.zip (176k),Images(1.78k)

Satellite
    a.. Satellite Orbits - Sat.zip (18.9k),Images (109k)
    b.. Satellite TVRO G/T calculations - TVRO.zip (72.2k)

It is intended that at a later stage, more applets will be added to the
above fields to demonstrate principles relevant to these disciplines. Please
read the GNU General Public License copyright details.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
----

For your comments and suggestions, mail the author: A.A.R.Townsend

Notes:
  Microwaves
  This term is an abbreviation of Microwave Radio Relay Link Engineering.
  Radar
  This term is used to represent the fundamental principles of the theory,
operation and use of radar systems.