Subject: [mobile-ip] MobiSys 2004 CfP

From: Maria Ebling <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 10:29:29 +0100

PRELIMINARY CALL FOR PAPERS: MobiSys 2004

         The Second International Conference on 
       Mobile Systems, Applications, and Services

            Jointly sponsored by ACM SIGMOBILE 
                and The USENIX Association
              In cooperation with ACM SIGOPS

Being planned for June 2004 in the Eastern United States
     Final dates and location to be determined

          http://www.sigmobile.org/mobisys/2004/

                    IMPORTANT DATES
    Paper submissions due:           October 31, 2003
    Notification of acceptance:      January 30, 2004
    Camera-ready final papers due:   April 9, 2004

OVERVIEW

MobiSys 2004 seeks to present innovative, significant research 
in the area of mobile systems.  This will be a 2.5-day conference, 
featuring refereed paper presentations, tutorials, demos, videos, 
and poster sessions.  This conference builds on the success of 
the first MobiSys conference held in San Francisco, 
http://www.sigmobile.org/mobisys/2003/, which featured 23 high 
caliber research papers and many interesting posters and 
demonstrations.  The conference particularly values the practical 
experience gained from designing, building and using mobile systems, 
applications, and services.

TOPICS

The conference addresses broad systems issues in mobile computing.  
Areas of interest include, but are not limited to:

* Design, implementation, and evaluation of mobile systems 
* Middleware and service architectures for mobile applications 
* Data management for mobile applications
* Disconnected and weakly connected operation 
* Proxies and data adaptation 
* Mobile agents 
* Operating systems for small devices
* Infrastructure support for mobility
* Security, privacy, authorization, and billing 
* System-level energy management for mobile devices 
* Wearable and handheld devices in the context of system design 
* Personal mobility 
* Personal-area networks and systems
* Resource discovery of mobile services
* Systems for location awareness and determination 
* Application interfaces and services supporting the mobile user 
* Systems support for mobile robots
* Experience with mobile systems 

The ideal MobiSys submission should present novel research that 
has resulted in the implementation or evaluation of running systems.  
Papers that describe the design of and experience with mobile system 
architectures are favored over those narrowly focused on low-level 
components such as the device hardware or the routing, link, or 
physical network layers.  Please feel free to contact the Program 
Chairs at [email-masked] to determine appropriateness.

BEST PAPER AWARD

An award will be given at the conference for the best paper.

WHAT TO SUBMIT

Sekimoto, Sony Computer Science Laboratories
    M. Satyanarayanan, Carnegie Mellon University 
                       and Intel Research Pittsburgh
    Leendert van Doorn, IBM T.J. Watson Research Center
    Zheng Zhang, Microsoft Research Asia