Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Siemens wins another GSM-R contract

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 17:09:33 -0400

Siemens to Provide Norwegian Rail with GSM-R

The Norwegian National Rail Administration is teaming with Siemens Mobile to
construct Norway’s fist GSM-Railway (GSM-R) mobile radio network. For a cost of
$66.7 million, Siemens is set to provide the rail entity consisting of 700 trains,
3,800 km of track, and 650 tunnels, with GSMR-R network infrastructure that
enables the operation of switchboards, base stations, service and administration
platforms, data transmission equipment for communication from base station to
controller, and mobile phones for engine drivers. Project construction is set to
begin immediately and conclude in April 2006.
===================================================================================

Siemens wins another GSM-R contract

The Norwegian National Rail Administration has placed an order with Siemens Mobile
to construct a national GSM-Railway (GSM-R) mobile radio network. The order is
worth US$66.7 million. A total of 700 trains, 3,800 km of track, and 650 tunnels
will be fitted out with the new system. Siemens mobile will also be taking over an
agreement already concluded between the railroad company and the Swedish supplier
Netel covering structural work during the rollout phase. This contract is worth
US$87 million.

This new order entails installing all the GSM-R network infrastructure for the
entire Norwegian railroad network and supplying all the components needed to
operate it: switchboards, base stations, service and administration platforms,
data transmission equipment for communication from base station to controller, and
mobile phones for engine drivers. Construction will begin in August 2003 and is
scheduled to be completed by April 2006.
Siemens mobile has already secured contracts for commercial GSM-R networks with
companies in Belgium, Finland, Italy, the Netherlands, Sweden, Switzerland, Spain
and the UK.

Posted to the site on 22-Aug-03

http://www.cellular-news.com/story/9576.shtml

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/