Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Court ready to rule on Nextel interconnection

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2003 22:22:35 -0400

Court ready to rule on Nextel interconnection
August 6, 2003 5:14pm
BNamericas.com

Chile's appeals court has reached a decision on appeals by the country's four
mobile operators against definitive authorization for trunking operator Nextel
Chile to interconnect with their networks, Chilean daily Estrategia reported.

The court is expected to announce its verdict on interconnection before
end-August. Nextel has provisional interconnection authorization, which is enough for the
company to insist on interconnection tests with established operators, with
testing launched in April.

However, the company still awaits a definitive ruling by the appeals court on the
legality of its digital trunking concessions, which a lower court annulled in
November 2002.

Nextel already offers analog trunking service to some 7,000 users in the regions
covering the capital Santiago and second largest port Valparaiso, and has plans to
launch digital services through subsidiaries Centennial and Multikom.
Parent company NII Holdings - which also has operations in Argentina, Peru, Brazil
and Mexico - has invested US$30mn in Nextel Chile.

http://www.hoovers.com/free/news/detail.xhtml?ArticleID=NR200308063200.1_9be500037b2d1381

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/