Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel's Squelch Is Squeal

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 02 Aug 2003 14:56:25 -0400

-------- Original Message --------
   From: Robert Schwaninger <[email-masked]>
Subject: Nextel's Squelch Is Squeal

Nextel's squeal to the Commission regarding MRFAC's positions on the Private
Wireless Coalition plan is ridiculous.Since when does a citizen of the United
States have no right to comment on the making of law?MRFAC, as a good citizen of
the telecommunications industry, has every right to comment, complain, bring suit,
or do anything else that the phrase "equal access to justice" implies.One does not
require economic standing to make comment in rule making.Nextel's attempt to turn
the proceeding into an old boys club of allegedly affected persons is beyond the
pale and is disrespectful to MRFAC that has been working on this issue for as long
as Nextel has.Nextel would be better served to spend some time trying to find the
statutory authority necessary for adoption of its nutty plan.Fact is, its
representatives are lobbying the wrong outfit.The FCC does not possess the
statutory authority to adopt the Nextel nuttiness. Nextel should be lobbying

Congress to grant the FCC the right to adopt rules pursuant to private contractual
agreements (good luck, Mr. Krevor).That roadblock is a lot more serious to
Nextel's schemes than whether MRFAC agrees with the PWC plan.News for Foos, you'll
never get this crippled, hyperbolic, inequitable, spectrum grab past the
Courts.Not in its current configuration.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Free shipping on all inkjet cartridge & refill kit orders to US & Canada. Low prices up to 80% off. We have your brand: HP, Epson, Lexmark & more.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5510
http://us.click.yahoo.com/GHXcIA/n.WGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 02 Aug 2003 16:27:59 -0400

Two Congressional aids involved with spectrum legislation said the same thing just this past week on the Hill this week. The telecom subcommittee can
see right through Foolsners game. I find it interesting that Kennard is laying low has not stepped to the plate.

> Subject: Nextel's Squelch Is Squeal

<SNIP>

>
>
> The FCC does not possess the