Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Event Notice: Wireless Networking Symposium

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2003 14:43:47 -0400

Don't miss  Raj's prsentation he taught the 1st generation of iDEN Engineers.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2003 WNCG 
Wireless Networking Symposium 

October 22 - 24, 2003

The Wireless Networking and Communications Group (WNCG) will host its first annual
Wireless Networking Symposium at the Lyndon Baines Johnson Auditorium on the
campus of The University of Texas at Austin. Over 350 research and business
leaders from around the world are expected to attend. The symposium will feature
cutting-edge technical and business insights from leading experts in wireless
networking and communications.

The symposium opens with a panel session and cocktail reception at the UT Austin
Alumni Center on Wednesday night, October 22. The panel includes prominent
regulatory leaders, technologists, and business pioneers in a candid discussion of
the future trends and challenges of wireless communications. Additionally,
university researchers from throughout the world will display their latest
research.

The symposium on Thursday and Friday, October 23 - 24, features selected dynamic
and informative technical presentations in several focus areas. General topics
include unlicensed spectrum, wireless and ad hoc networks, cross-layer techniques,
4G systems, and ultrawideband. Poster sessions by academic and industry
participants will be held throughout the conference, and provide an ideal
opportunity for one-on-one discussion of the latest developments in the wireless
communications field.

Highlighted speakers for the conference will include: 

Dr. Michael J. Marcus, Associate Chief for Technology, Office of Engineering and
Technology, FCC 
Dr. Raj Singh, Wireless communications pioneer and founder of LCC International,
Telcom Ventures, and Teligent, Inc. 

Dr. Moe Win, Ultrawideband expert, Assistant Professor, Massachusetts Institute of
Technology 
Rob Adams, Software executive and high-tech entrepreneur; Partner, Austin Ventures
Many other highly regarded speakers and thought leaders will also be in attendance

The world-class Bob Bullock Texas State History Museum is the location for our
Thursday night dinner and gala on October 23. The museum brings "The Story of
Texas" to life through incredible artifacts (many never viewed before by the
public), interactive exhibits, an IMAX, and a multi-media theater experience. WNCG
conference attendees will have a private showing of the museum's impressive
collection during the party. This exciting social event will be a perfect
opportunity to relax and socialize with colleagues from around the world.

Tours of the Capitol of Texas are also part of the pre and post-symposium
activities. 

Call for Papers:
http://www.ece.utexas.edu/wncg/events/symposium2003/call4papers.php

To register for the symposium, please visit
http://www.utexas.edu/cee/tcc/registration/wncgconfregform.html

To obtain more information about the symposium, please contact Katherine M. White,
Public Affairs Representative, via email at kmwhite @ mail.utexas.edu or at (512)
471-2602.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/sO0ANB/LIdGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/