Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Police Find Jakarta Bomb Detonated by Cellular Phone

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2003 16:58:10 -0400

Police Find Jakarta Bomb Detonated by Cellular Phone

The recent bomb attack on the JW Marriott in Jakarta, Indonesia, was found by
police to be detonated by a cellular phone. The similarity of the attack to the
October bombing on the island of Bali indicate the Jemaah Islamiyah network is
responsible for the attack.
==========================================================

Headline: Jakarta bomb was detonated by cellphone --

JAKARTA, Aug 6: The bomb which ripped through a hotel in the Indonesian capital
Jakarta was detonated by a mobile phone, police said on Wednesday.
"This modus operandi is similar to the Bali bombing and the bombing at the house
of the Philippines ambassador," said national detective chief Erwin Mappaseng.

The parallels with last October's attack on the island of Bali have reinforced
suspicions that Tuesday's bombing of the JW Marriott Hotel, which left up to 14
dead and 150 injured, was carried out by Jemaah Islamiyah (JI) network, blamed for
the Bali blasts.
At a press conference Mappaseng also released a sketch of the last known buyer of
the Kijang van which exploded outside the Marriott. He was described as aged
about 30 and originating from Lampung in South Sumatra.-AFP

http://www.hipakistan.com/en/detail.php?newsId=en35006&F_catID=&f_type=source

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/