Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Crimes reported by text message

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 03:14:29 -0400

Crimes reported by text message

Revellers at a major rock festival in Staffordshire can report
crimes to the police via anonymous text-messaging.

The V2003 festival, being held simultaneously at Weston Park,
Staffordshire and Hylands Park, Chelmsford, Essex, is taking
place over Saturday and Sunday.

More than 70,000 people are expected to attend the two-day
event, featuring headlining bands such as Coldpay and the Red
Hot Chilli Peppers.

The pioneering initiative by Staffordshire Police, is thought to be
the first of its kind in the country.

Officers will also have the power to ban anyone caught
committing an offence from future events.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/shropshire/3156783.stm

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/