Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Photo Messages That Save Lives?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 03:17:06 -0400

Photo Messages That Save Lives?

Contributed by mmasnick on Tues, Aug 12 2003
Following the story of security firms using photo messaging to alert homeowners of
intruders, now paramedics are using the technology to transmit images of patients
to doctors while enroute to the hospital. Sounds like a pretty good idea. Also,
this is yet another example of how the important uses of picture messaging are
about user created content - and not about "broadcast" download style content.
==================================================================================

Photo message plan to save lives

Firefighters in Fife are testing an emergency photo messaging scheme to help save
more lives.
Officers will now be able to send images of injuries to doctors by mobile phone
before patients reach hospital.
Fourteen Fife Fire and Rescue Services officers have been given photo messaging
mobile phones to trial the service.

Doctors at the Queen Margaret Hospital in Dunfermline and at Kirkcaldy's Victoria
Infirmary are also participating in the scheme.

Fife Firemaster Mike Bitcon said: "At A&E it is easy to see if an accident victim
has a broken leg, but if we can send a picture of a casualty in the position we
find them, then A&E can prepare for the possibility of chest injuries from a
steering wheel and so on.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/scotland/3142945.stm

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/