Subject: [NEXTEL-1] interoperability

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2003 13:23:21 -0400

-------- Original Message --------
From: [email-masked]
Subject: interoperability

I'm posting this for the following reason: Pa's 800 Mhz system is NOT Project 
25 compliant---While the Federal government and other agencies push toward 
the abilty to talk to each other in the event of a disaster--Pa will be sitting 
on it's own electronic "island"

Bob

===========================================================
http://industryclick.com/magazinearticle.asp?magazinearticleid=181315&
magazineid=3&siteID=29&releaseid=11536&mode=print

Movement toward

 appears to be moving smoothly on the federal level. The Federal Emergency 
Management Agency's chief information officer has advised that the government's 
wireless efforts be consolidated into Project SafeCom to ensure that all 
emergency workers have access to interoperable equipment based on the P25
standard. 
The Defense Department has adopted a P25 compliance policy for land mobile 
radio systems as have a number of federal agencies, most recently the National 
Fire Association.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/