Subject: [NEXTEL-1] PlanetLink Communications Engages Karta Technologies to Begin Design Phase on Its 'PlaneTrak' GPS Technology Product

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 22:13:15 -0400

PlanetLink Communications Engages Karta Technologies to Begin Design Phase on Its
'PlaneTrak' GPS Technology Product

- Expects Technology Evaluation to be Completed During August -

CUMMING, Ga., Aug. 12 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- PlanetLink Communications Inc.,
(OTC Bulletin Board: PLKC), a provider of satellite-based products and services
announced today that it has engaged San Antonio, Texas-based Karta Technologies
Inc. under an existing consulting agreement to immediately begin work on the
design phase of its PlaneTrak GPS technology product line.  The PlaneTrak device
uses GPS technology to track the movement and location of automobiles and people
via a secure, password-protected web site.  Karta Technologies, a leader in
information technology, engineering, training and program management services,
will immediately begin evaluation of potential open-architecture software
solutions to perform the tracking functions of the system.  Karta will also
evaluate the price, performance and availability of existing GSM/GPRS-compatible
vehicle units and the feasibility of developing a proprietary tracking element
based on the ease of interfacing with a compatible unit.

PlanetLink expects to have a proposal by late August for completion of the
project.  "This is an important and necessary step toward making the critical
'make or buy' decision.  At that point we will have established the basic design
approach and technology for PlaneTraks and will be able to proceed with detailed
design and development of the system," said M. Dewey Bain, president of PlanetLink
Communications Inc.

Satellite-enabled technology, including GPS technology, is at the core of some of
the most innovative new products on the horizon.  PlanetLink launched an
aggressive sales and marketing initiative this year designed to increase sales of
its DISH Network satellite TV products and services through established direct
sales organizations.

PlanetLink expects retail launch of its revolutionary PlaneTrak GPS product-line
in early 2004.  Using PlaneTrak, consumers will be able to log on to the Internet
and immediately pinpoint the location of an automobile or person equipped with its
device, such as a child, a hiker or an elderly person.  PlaneTrak products will be
leased on a monthly-service and usage-charge basis alleviating consumer concerns
about technology changes and upgrades.

PlanetLink's PlaneTrak GPS-related products will include:

-- Kidangel:   A personal tracking system to help parents locate a child within
minutes

-- Parentrak:  Designed to permit users to track the location of aging
adults/parents

-- Autotrak:   Will enable parents and others to know the speed at which their
children are driving and the location of their vehicle.  This product can also be
used to track the location of commercial fleet vehicles used by transportation and
delivery companies and a variety of other businesses

-- Guardian:   Designed as a security device for business executives and others

-- Protector:  This location device is designed to deliver a panic signal,
identify the location, and includes a 2-way audio signal that can be remotely
monitored

PlanetLink, headquartered in Atlanta, Ga., has three primary business segments
based on satellite-enabled technology.  Providing the consumer both products and
services, PlanetLink businesses include:  DISH Network (satellite television),
StarBand (High-Speed Internet Access) and Global Positioning System (GPS) personal
tracking devices.  PlanetLink's goal is to become a single-source
dealer/distributor of technologically advanced, satellite-based products and
services.  With a strong and growing product offering and brand name, PlanetLink
is building this unique category into a class all its own.

 http://www.plcweb.net

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/