Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Cingular says NextWave deal official

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2003 14:19:47 -0400

Cingular says NextWave deal official
By Dan Meyer
August 05 12:47:00, 2003

Cingular Wireless L.L.C. officially announced it has reached an agreement with
bankrupt license holder NextWave Telecom Inc. to purchase spectrum licenses
covering 34 markets and 83 million potential customers for $1.4 billion.

The deal, which primarily covers markets where Cingular currently has spectrum and
has launched service, was leaked last week by NextWave’s public relations company
(see Cingular says NextWave purchase not a done deal).

The two companies said they will present the proposed deal to the U.S. Bankruptcy
Court for the Southern District of New York for approval, which if attained, then
would be submitted to the Federal Communications Commission for approval of the
license transfers.

NextWave said it has negotiated a separate term sheet with the FCC that provides
for payment of NextWave’s more than $4 billion financial obligation to the U.S.
Treasury associated with the license rights to be assigned to Cingular.
http://rcrnews.com/cgi-bin/news.pl?newsId=14576

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/sO0ANB/LIdGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/