Subject: [NEXTEL-1] EFJohnson Introduces The Netelligent™ Project 25 Conventional System At APCO

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 05:46:07 -0400

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For investor relations information, contact:
Massoud Safavi, 202-833-7752, email: [email-masked]

For trade press information:
Greg Brown, (202) 833-7742, email: [email-masked]

EFJohnson Introduces The Netelligent™ Project 25 Conventional System At APCO
Washington, DC and Indianapolis, IN – August 12, 2003-- EFJ, Inc.’s (OTC Bulletin
Board: EFJI) subsidiary, EFJohnson Company (EFJohnson), is introducing its new
infrastructure product; the Netelligent™ Project 25 Conventional System at APCO
International in Indianapolis August 11 – 13. The Netelligent™ P25 Conventional
System, targeted at the communications needs of first responders at all levels,
will provide public safety, public service and federal agency users a secure,
feature-rich and user friendly system to support their activities.

At the heart of the Netelligent™ P25 system is the EFJohnson 2600 Repeater. The
2600 can support a multitude of features and can be expanded, using VoIP
technology, to interconnect multiple 2600 repeaters into an integrated digital
system.
Additional features of the Netelligent™ P25 System include EFJohnson’s Over The
Air Rekeying/Key Management Facility (OTAR/KMF), providing a reliable and secure
way of managing encryption throughout the system and EFJohnson’s Virtual Console™,
a state-of-the-art P25 dispatch console designed to operate with off-the-shelf PC
computer platforms that users can customize to an individual dispatcher’s roles
and responsibilities.

Other features of the Netelligent™ P25 Conventional System include the Voter,
Logging, Simulcast, and Gateway, providing the first responder with communications
that are secure, flexible and reliable.

“We believe this system will provide agencies at all levels a highly secure,
reliable and scalable solution to their communications needs that will not only
support their public safety functions, but should also benefit our first
responders and the public in general” said Michael Jalbert, EFJ, Inc. chairman and
chief executive officer.

“Our ingress into the system business will strategically position ourselves for
the emerging P25 systems needs in the market place. In addition, this offering
will complement and strengthen our P25 subscriber business growth” said Denny
Blaine, EFJohnson executive vice president of sales and marketing.

Celebrating its 80th anniversary in 2003, EFJohnson provides digital Project 25
compliant interoperable wireless communications systems solutions for federal,
state and local agencies involved with homeland security and public safety.
EFJohnson was one of the first developers of wireless communications products to
be fully compliant with federal government interoperability specifications. The
company designs, manufactures and markets conventional and trunked radio systems,
land mobile radio repeaters and mobile and portable radios. For more information,
visit www.efjohnson.com.
EFJ, Inc. is the holding company of industry-leading wireless telecommunications
equipment and solutions businesses. EFJ, Inc. is home to the EFJohnson Company,
one of the first developers of Project 25 mobile communications products compliant
with federal government interoperability standards, and Transcrypt International,
a leader in secure voice communication solutions. 2003 marks the 80th anniversary
of EFJohnson and the 25th anniversary of Transcrypt International. EFJ, Inc. has a
proven leadership team in place with experience in telecommunications and
government sales. For more information, visit www.efji.com.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/