Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Re: NPSPAC Software

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2003 12:58:38 -0400

------- Original Message --------
   From: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: NPSPAC Software

Alan: is there a specific line item in Appendix A to the Supplemental Comment
filed by the Consensus Parties on December 24, 2002 that covers this expense? I do
not remember this line item or the cost figure(s) provided.

P. Waugh

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2003 12:56:43 -0400

-------- Original Message --------
   From: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: NPSPAC Software

 In a message dated 8/29/2003 7:16:37 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[email-masked] writes:

     WOW!!!  I too wonder why no one has mentioned this before.  Any
     licensee on an ODD number NPSPAC channel will be in deep doo-doo.
     Unless Motorola plans to rewrite obsolete software (for free)to
     account for the offsets  there is going to be a LOT of radios that
     need replacing.
     I sent off an "official" inquiry to Motorola earlier today.
     Hopefully I'll get a response.

They won't be doing it for free (do they do ANYTHING for free?).  Moto already
knows that they'll need to do it (if NPSPAC rebanding happens) and have discussed
it with Nextel.  It will be paid for by Nextel (a cost already accounted for) and
I've seen Bob Gurss more than just mention it at several APCO conference
seminars.  In addition, page 11 of the February 25, 2003 filing states as
follows: "The Relocation Fund does include, however, reimbursement for the
expenses of equipment manufacturers in developing the firmware and other
modifications necessary to enable mobile and portable public safety and private
wireless legacy receivers to operate on the channels to which they will be
retuned.The Consensus Parties recognize that certain legacy handset models will
need new operating software in order to be retuned from the old NPSPAC channels to
the new NPSPAC channels.The incumbent relocation fund includes monies for
reimbursing manufacturers for the reasonable cost of these modifications or
upgrades." Alan Tilles

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/