Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Wireless Design Online Newsletter

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2003 14:07:25 -0400

================================================================
Wireless Design Online Newsletter - http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com
Thursday, August 7, 2003
================================================================

------------------------------------- 
FEATURED ARTICLES
-------------------------------------  

1) BT researchers develop 'SMS with feelings'
2) NEC And Motorola To Collaborate On WLAN, VoIP And Cellular Solution
3) STEPMIND Introduces Integrated GSM/GPRS/EDGE RF Transceiver

---------------------------------------

1) BT researchers develop 'SMS with feelings'

Researchers at BTExact, the UK carrier's R&D business, have developed new
technology that takes mobile messaging from the arena of two-dimensional photo
messages and voice clips to another level where, according to the company, "actual
emotions can be conveyed between family and friends in a physical and tactile
way"...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/47349/793725

2) NEC And Motorola To Collaborate On WLAN, VoIP And Cellular Solution

NEC America, Inc. and Motorola Inc. announced their intent to collaborate on the
development of a converged Wireless Local Area Networks (WLAN), VoIP and cellular
communication solution to create potential cost savings opportunities, improved
user efficiencies and new capabilities for enterprise customers...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/47349/793725

3) STEPMIND Introduces Integrated GSM/GPRS/EDGE RF Transceiver

STEPMIND, a fabless solutions and components supplier, have announced the
availability of its GSM/GPRS/EDGE Transceiver. Offering GSM quad band operation,
and implemented in BiCMos technology, this chip provides an unmatched level of
integration and help further reduce the handset bill of material while still
enhancing foot print reduction...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/47349/793725

------------------------------------- 
FEATURED PRODUCTS
-------------------------------------
  
1) Uncompensated Crystal Oscillator 
2) Muse OPEN AT
3) BCAP0010 Ultracapacitors
4) SiW1711/12/13 Radio Modems
5) Q2-Series HF Coils

---------------------------------------

1) Uncompensated Crystal Oscillator 

Corning's PXO (clock) is an uncompensated crystal oscillator. Stability is usually
rather loose. The construction of Corning Frequency Control's clocks is typically
hybrid design versus discrete design. Hybrid design combines open ICs (dies),
uncanned crystals (blanks), substrates, wire bonds, etc., into a functioning
unit...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/47350/793725

2) Muse OPEN AT

Open AT puts the full potential of the WISMO at your disposal. Thanks to Open AT,
you are free to embed and run wireless applications based on simple, standardized
AT commands right on the WISMO itself, with fewer extra components. What is more,
you can share building blocks with other members of the Open AT developers'
community...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/47351/793725

3) BCAP0010 Ultracapacitors

With a capacitance of 2600 farads at 2.5 volts, and in a cylindrical 60 x 172 mm
package, Maxwell's BCAP0010 ultracapacitor is ideal for automotive subsystems,
medical devices, UPS/backup power, and many other applications. Downloadable
datasheet available...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/47352/793725

4) SiW1711/12/13 Radio Modems

RF Micro Devices offers the third-generation SiW1711/12/13T radio modems radio
modems for Bluetooth® wireless communications and are based on 0.18 µm CMOS
technology. These highly integrated transceivers are specifically designed to meet
the rigorous RF performance required for integrating Bluetooth into mobile phone
applications. Downloadable datasheet available...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/47353/793725

5) Q2-Series HF Coils

- Very low distributed capacitance (high Fo)
- Designed to meet Mil-C-15305 C, Grade 1
- Compatible with high temperature soldering and all cleaning processes
- Downloadable product specification sheet available...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/47354/793725

-------------------------------------
CONSULTING SERVICES 
-------------------------------------

Your projects deserve the best consultants... By using Wireless Design Online
Consulting Services, you'll find them quickly and easily! GUARANTEED! With
performance data on 1,800 pre-qualified firms, this easy-to-use service ensures
you'll get the right firm, every time. Check out our guarantee at:
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/47355/793725

-------------------------------------
TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES
-------------------------------------

Free LexiCat Reference Library CD-ROM with each bundle package!

Wireless Training Bundle
If you need to understand wireless standards like 802.11, GPRS, CDMA, TDMA, and
WCDMA, or understand how these technologies have evolved, where they are today,
and where they are headed in the near future, you need to access this training
bundle. Even if you're not directly involved in wireless technologies on a daily
basis, a clear understanding of the fundamentals of wireless technologies is
necessary if you and your company expect to compete successfully in today's
rapidly changing marketplace.
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/47356/793725

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/