Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Key FCC Broadband Rules Expected Soon

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 12:22:12 -0400

Key FCC Broadband Rules Expected Soon

After six long months of waiting, the FCC is poised to release controversial rules
that
many believe will shape the future of the broadband and telecom business. In
February,
the FCC released a bare outline of its vision for the future of the high-speed Net
market, as
part of a sweeping review of regulations governing competition across the phone
industry.
Exposing deep-seated divisions within the agency, commissioners split on a host of

issues, leaving many companies unsure exactly what was coming. The Commission
Chairman Michael Powell at last indicated that the details of the decision would
likely
come this week. But even if every company in the business is eagerly awaiting the
results,
analysts say the market certainty that most crave will likely remain elusive.
Reported by
CNET.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/