Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel asks for industry exemption from IEPS tax

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2003 15:20:24 -0400

Nextel asks for industry exemption from IEPS tax
August 5, 2003 10:55am

The Nextel cell phone group has asked the government of Mexico for equality in the
way its is treated for tax purposes, specifically in regard to the IEPS (Impuesto
Especial sobre Productos y Servicios) tax, which is not applied to some other
sectors. Mr. Gustavo Cantu, vice-president of business development for Nextel,
says that he is disappointed with the continued application of the IEPS, which is
negatively affecting the companies in the telephone sector and holding back its
development. Cantu says that the telecommunications sector is not only an engine
of the economy, sustaining many small, medium and large companies, but is also
responsible for diminishing the technological gaps in society. He adds that the
reasons given for exempting the cable TV industry from the IEPS, that it generates
employment and that it suffers from piracy, are equally valid in the cell phone
industry.

http://www.hoovers.com/free/news/detail.xhtml?ArticleID=NR20030805375.4_7fdb00222347af4c

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/sO0ANB/LIdGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/