Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Motorola Supplies Next Generation Communication System to SL (Stockholm Local Transport)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2003 12:08:40 -0400

Motorola Supplies Next Generation Communication System to SL (Stockholm Local
Transport)

Stockholm – 28 Aug. 2003 - SL (Stockholm Local Public Transportation),
Storstockholms Lokaltrafik has signed a contract with Motorola, Inc. (NYSE:MOT)
Commercial, Government and Industrial Solutions Sector (CGISS) and Celab
Communications for the supply of a new digital two-way radio communication
solution for its entire fleet of approximately 2,000 buses. The new system is
based on TETRA (TErrestrial Trunked RAdio) technology and will replace the four
independent communication systems currently in use by SL.

The new system will provide real-time communication to and from the buses, bus
stops and traffic lights to ensure relevant and correct transit-and passenger
information at any time during the journey. ”This contract represents a critical
element of SL’s strategy to improve passenger information by real-time
communication, to provide a public transportation service, with better capacity
and of higher quality to our over 600,000 daily passengers” said Anders Sjöberg,
President of SL infrateknik.

A single communication system serving the entire service area of the Stockholm
County will improve the efficiency of the operation through better utilization of
the approximately 2000 buses. A work environment with one communication system and
that provides common functionality, for example AVL (Automatic Vehicle Location)
will also enable SL to improve the safety and security of passengers as well as SL
staff. ”By choosing a standards based digital communication solution, SL will be
able to improve their efficiency and effectiveness in serving their customers now
and in the future. The system allows continuous development and introduction of
new services and applications,” said Per Landmark, Director of Sales for Motorola
CGISS.
Roll out and installation of the new system will commence during fall 2003 to
allow commercial operation
during 2004

About TETRA

Terrestrial Trunked Radio (TETRA), the only open digital trunked radio standard
which is defined by the European Telecommunications Standardizations Institute
(ETSI) to meet the needs of the most demanding professional mobile radio.
Motorola has more than 80 TETRA contracts or operational trials in over 30
countries. For more information visit:

Motorola TETRA: http://www.Motorola.com/tetra

TETRA MoU: http://www.tetramou.com

Motorola Internet Media Center: www.motorola.com/mediacenter
Pictures can be found at:

http://www.motorola.com/mediacenter/graphics/list/0,1099,2-1,00.html

http://www.motorola.com/mediacenter/news/detail/0,1958,3186_2619_23,00.html

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/