Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Unexpected Spike in U.S. Wireless Subscribers

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 04:06:20 -0400

Unexpected Spike in U.S. Wireless Subscribers

Some said the U.S. wireless market reached its saturation point last year, but
there is evidence to the contrary. It seems the four top U.S. wireless operators
combined for a total net gain of 2.54 million customers in the 2Q. The gain, 40
percent more than the same time a year ago, is the highest gain in over a year.
Traditionally, the 3Q and 4Q are strongest for subscription growth, and carriers
expect that tradition to live on this year. With price drops, increases in
advertising, discounted family plans, and customers dropping landlines,
subscribers have flocked to wireless. Telephia reports that the average bill price

remained at $45 per month, but that the price bought more minutes and extra
features, such as data services. The number of wireless data users increased
by 54% over the last year, said Telephia. Interestingly, there was a spike in the
number of elderly users, with an 11 percent increase in the number of users
over age 56, according to Telephia. Churn was down this quarter, but some
beleive customers are holding out until number portability comes in the fall.
(Source: Wall Street Journal) -

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/