Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Re: [800interference] RE: Things Get Ugly At APCO's "Scam Plan" Q&A

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 17:44:14 EDT

In a message dated 8/14/2003 5:27:38 PM Eastern Daylight Time, 
[email-masked] writes:

> I guess you did not hear some of the comments from the gentlemen from 
> Baltimore. 

If there were comments by this gentleman, it was not during the Q&A session, 
at least not at the microphone to the panelists (who knows what anyone says to 
each other in the audience).  Either way, two certainly doesn't make "many".

As to the rest of your comments, I don't personally care how you choose to 
classify things ("ugly", "damage control", "many"), the facts are the facts, and 
you always color them (or leave out certain facts) in prejorative ways to 
insert your biased view, calling people disparaging names or making unsupported 
allegations.  It's a shame, because you have quite a bit of knowledge to share, 
and because of the way that you too often do it, it lessens the impact of the 
actual facts that you're trying to report.  I don't pretend to paint this 
proposal as the best thing since sliced bread, and concentrating on what isn't 
the best things in the Plan, like Eric's question earlier on not all money being 
put up front, instead of misleading hyperbole, would make for a far more 
usual dialogue for readers.

Alan S. Tilles

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 18:56:58 -0400

[email-masked] wrote:

> If there were comments by this gentleman, it was not during the Q&A session, at
> least not at the microphone to the panelists (who knows what anyone says to each
> other in the audience).  Either way, two certainly doesn't make "many".

I'm sure if I named a two dozen people you would still not qualify that as "Many"-

> you always color them (or leave out certain facts) in prejorative ways to insert
> your biased view,

If you don't care why did you respond to my reply to Robert S.?

> calling people disparaging names or making unsupported allegations.

Unsupported? I can support everything I presented. The document sent to public
safety officials did not fully document the benefits nextel will receive in
exchange for there $850 Million, and it misstated that Nextel sites are LOW POWER
which is not true. Would you like me to re-post it? I did not think so.

> you have quite a bit of knowledge to share,

Thank you-

> actual facts that you're trying to report.

That's your opinion. Too often people are trying to be "politically correct" to
protect others. I say often what others are afraid to say because of their
association with groups, organizations or employers. Once in a while a "consensus
supporter" will respond to a few statements I make, however when I rebut their
objections with factual evidence they disappear.

I have had some progressive dialogue with Marilyn, Sean and David, but they seem
to disappear abruptly when I ask some in-depth technical / tough questions.
Coincidence? Maybe.......  If they don't have the answers  I understand.

> I don't pretend to paint this proposal as the best thing since sliced bread, and
> concentrating on what isn't the best things in the Plan, like Eric's question
> earlier on not all money being put up front, instead of misleading hyperbole,

I know the truth hurts-  I have asked questions before and you deferred me to the
"Engineers". My questions to them go unanswered.

> would make for a far more usual dialogue for readers.

Ummmmmm.........People don't read Nextel-1 or WFHSG (That's where this post
originated) for " usual dialogue". If people want "usual dialogue" they read Home
& Gardening.

Alan, as normal we disagree on this issue and will most likely continue to until
it is resolved. I'm going to keep providing views on this subject from various
angles so the "whole" picture is seen and not just the <SNIPS> provided by nextel.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 19:10:18 -0400

Alan,

BTW- You were right about one thing-

Timmy was unable to pursaude CTIA to jump on the "Scam Plan" bandwagon.......So I
owe you dinner. (I guess it's for the better since Hogates is gone).

What was the name of that resturant you wanted to eat at??

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/