Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Re: MultiMedia Question on i88s

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2003 13:38:13 -0400

-------- Original Message --------
From: Bob Pitas <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: MultiMedia Question on i88s

Actually I went through alot of research to get an answer one way or
another, and what I discovered is that the i88s can NOT play midi.
According to a contact at Moto, there was a testing version of the i88s out
there that could, but there were issues with it, so the ability has been
taken out.
I tried to find any way to turn it back on (codeplug, etc) and was unable to
find anything.
If someone can actually show me an app that plays midi on an i88s, I'd love
to see it!  :-)

-B

> -----Original Message-----
> From: iDEN Developer Program On Behalf Of
> Gonzalez Milay-EMV005
> Sent: Thursday, July 31, 2003 1:07 PM
> Subject: Re: MultiMedia Question on i88s
>
>
> You're probably talking about VIAMOTO app?  This app uses
> voice notes for navigation.  You can take a look at the i95cl
> developer guide addendum in the documentation section of
www.motorola.com/iden "Developer" tab.  This gives you information about the
VoiceNotes API.  You can also play MIDI tones and there is info in there
about classes.
M-

-----Original Message-----
From: Ivan A Slavov [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, July 31, 2003 11:36 AM
Subject: MultiMedia Question on i88s

Hello everyone,

    How would you play any sounds or files on a i88s.
I have developed several MIDlets apps but I was wondering how to play any
sounds. I know I could make it beep using the "Alert" and "AlertType"
classes,  but these are phone sounds....I am interested in a
custom(pre-recorded) sounds.

    You have probaly already seen the demo app that comes with the phone,
Auto Navigation - (you still have to go to download it though) . That app
will actually "talk" to you, telling you to make turns or do whatever... How
one would achieve this. These seem to be like a custom files.
Do you use some other toolkit other than j2me?
What is it?..

Thanks for Your Time!

=================================
Ivan A Slavov
Software Engineer, BS-COSC
Lumenex Inc.
[email-masked]
=================================

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/sO0ANB/LIdGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/