Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Sprint To Deploy Sanyo SCP-5400 -PTT

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 10:17:29 -0400

http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?id=372

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

Register

Log In

Home > Phones
> Sanyo SCP-5400

Home

News

Archive

Search

Phones

by Carrier

Compare

Phone Finder

Carriers

Articles

News Groups

Track Responses

Wireless FAQ

Search

Glossary

About

Quick Search:

Try Phone Scoop
Mobile. Go to
phonescoop.com (or
use the shortcut
pscp.net)
on your phone
for
the latest news
and phones. With
color
photos on most
color devices!

Please
email us
with any feedback or suggestions.

Sanyo SCP-5400

Sanyo's first folder-style PTT phone. Key features include speaker-phone, dual color displays, an extra-large main display, voice dialing, and Java.

Offered By:
• Sprint PCS
Tentative

Carrier availability is subject to testing
and approval.

This phone has not been released yet. All
specifications and features are preliminary and subject to
change.

< Previous

1 of 2

Next >

Specifications:

Modes

AMPS 800 / CDMA 800 / CDMA 1900

Weight

?

Dimensions

?

Form Factor

Folder

Battery Life

Talk: ?
Standby: ?

Battery Type

LiIon

Display

Type: LCD (Color)

Antenna Type

Stub / Extendable

Navigation Keys

4-Way Keys

Phone Book Capacity

300

Ringtones

?

FCC ID

AEZSCP-54H
(Approved Aug 26, 2003)

Features:

2nd Display

Location: Front
color LCD

Alarm

up to 15 call alarms

Calculator

Yes

Calendar

up to 100 events

Call Screening

Yes

Custom Graphics

downloadable via Wireless Internet / screen savers

Custom Ringtones

downloadable via Wireless Internet

Digital TTY/TDD

Yes

Games

Yes

GPS / Location

Yes

Headset Jack

Yes

High-Speed Data

Technology: cdma2000 1xRTT

Java (J2ME)

Yes

Multiple Languages

Yes

Multiple Numbers per Name

Numbers per entry: 7
up to 500 numbers total

Picture ID

Yes

Polyphonic Ringtones

Yes

Predictive Text Entry

Technology: T9

Push-To-Talk

dedicated key on left side

Ringer ID

Yes

Side Keys

PTT key, up/down keys on left / call key on right

Soft Keys

Yes

Speaker Phone

located on outside-front / dedicated key on keypad / PTT and Call side keys enable use wth folder closed.

Text Messaging

Yes

To-Do List

up to 20 items

Vibrate

Yes

Voice Dialing

Yes

Voice Memo

Number of entries: 4
up to 18 seconds each

Wireless Internet

Yes

Log In

Register

Home

Privacy

Contact / Feedback

Advertising

All content Copyright © 2001-2003 Phone Scoop. All Rights Reserved.

Cellular

Accessory.com

FREE Swivel Belt Clip with any order! Free UPS Ground shipping
on orders over $59. "Discount Cellular accessories made Easy,
Supported by Friendly Professionals!"

1800mobiles.com

Over 3,000 cellular and laptop accessories in stock.
Nationwide cell phone activation available for Next
Day delivery. Free shipping on all orders above $50!

MIDIringtones

Get a new ring - Download ringtones for your cellphone!

---

From: sparkie_rf <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 14:50:11 -0000

--- In [email-masked], Marcelrf@B... wrote:

Sprint is one fscked company.

They had their chance to grab the market by the balls and become a 
leader, but that time has come and gone.

2.5 to 3 yrs ago they had an opportunity to slightly modify the CDMA 
airlink to provide nextel level PTT service, but they blinked.

I do think their PTT will work better than VZW, but it will still be 
a marginal product.

No Vision, No Leadership == No Future.

The real BIG story in wireless is not the entry of VZW and PCS with 
PTT service, but the introduction of the 6-1 vocoder and Nextel's 
entry into the consumer space.

All of a sudden the "so-called" aggressors, now look like retreating 
defenders. No level of technology can overcome the burden of crappy 
mgt.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 11:14:56 -0400

> leader, but that time has come and gone.

They blew that back in 1998 when the fire 90% of their Engineering staff!

> airlink to provide nextel level PTT service, but they blinked.

Yep-

> I do think their PTT will work better than VZW, but it will still be

Remember Sprint is converting to a "Packet Based Network"

> entry into the consumer space.

Save your money- 6-1 has some problems just like the 1st time they deployed it.
The 1st units have been deployed at P-land Florida in. If any one is hanging around 8000 Sunrise Blvd in P-Land you
might get a glimpse of them. They have been the butt of some jokes lately do to battery problems, network connect
times and audio quality in "Marginal Coverage" areas.