Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel - operator from USA - is going to sell Microsoft smartphones from Motorola

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2003 16:10:38 -0400

Nextel - operator from USA - is going to sell Microsoft smartphones from Motorola
August 07, 2003 [Smartphone]

Motorola will sell some Microsoft smartphone, alright:

West also said the operator would offer by next year a Motorola phone based on
Microsoft Corp.´s Windows Powered Smartphone platform.
... but will it be made by Chi Mei? Not necessarily.

By the way, Nextel Communications is a non-GSM cellular network operator that is
known from being very innovative or original: in past they were the first in USA
to offer cell phones with wireless Java capability and also they are the one who
offer cell phones that have "walkie-talkie" feature each (you can talk to people
without cellular network too if distance is not big). Now they are working hard to
bring cell phones equipped with Wi-Fi (Wireless LAN) and they plan to introduce
the Microsoft smartphone to their customers. Bravo Nextel!!!

Nextel Communications Inc., a Reston, Virginia, mobile operator that uses iDEN and
has a large base of enterprise customers, began trials with Motorola of a cell
phone with WLAN capability in the second quarter of this year, Nextel Executive
Vice President and Chief Technology Officer Barry West said in March. West also
said the operator would offer by next year a Motorola phone based on Microsoft
Corp.´s Windows Powered Smartphone platform.

http://msmobiles.com/news.php/1129.html

also see:http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/message/10152

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/