Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Leaving The Folded Map Behind

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2003 16:41:16 -0400

Leaving The Folded Map Behind
BY STAFF
AUGUST 1, 2003

An online poll by a provider of GPS navigation shows most of those surveyed prefer
to plan their road trips using online driving directions. The use of GPS
navigation systems during road trips was chosen by 4 percent of those surveyed,
according to GPS firm Televigation. But if systems were more affordable, an
additional 74 percent showed interest in using such services in their vehicles.
Traditional road maps were the low-tech tool of choice for 34 percent. Another
choice for obtaining directions: asking friends and family members, but that was
selected by a mere 4 percent of respondents. A separate survey by Driscoll-Wolfe
Marketing & Research Consulting found more than 60 percent of consumers are
interested and willing to pay $10 or more a month for GPS navigation services
built into mobile phones.

http://www.wirelessweek.com/index.asp?layout=article&articleid=CA314161&spacedesc=Departments&stt=000

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Free shipping on all inkjet cartridge & refill kit orders to US & Canada. Low prices up to 80% off. We have your brand: HP, Epson, Lexmark & more.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5510
http://us.click.yahoo.com/GHXcIA/n.WGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/