Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Lane County, Ore., Awards $7.7 Million Contract to Motorola for Digital Justice

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 04:56:36 -0400

Lane County, Ore., Awards $7.7 Million Contract to Motorola for Digital Justice
Solution™ Public Safety Network

System to Streamline Information Sharing for City and County Consortium

SCHAUMBURG, Ill., — 12 Aug. 2003— Motorola, Inc. (NYSE:MOT) announced today that
Lane County, Ore., has selected Motorola to design, install and maintain an
integrated Digital Justice Solution (DJS) system.  Valued at $7.7million, the
system will include Motorola’s computer aided dispatch (CAD), records management
and mobile applications technologies and will allow agencies throughout the county
to share information and communicate more effectively. The integrated solution is
part of Motorola’s extensive portfolio of integrated communications and
information solutions to address mission-critical public safety and security
requirements worldwide.

Motorola's fully integrated DJS will include Motorola’s Premier CAD™
computer-aided dispatch system, Infotrak LRMS™ (Law Records Management System),
Premier MDC™ and Premier MDC Reporting applications and integration of the
county's Motorola Offendertrak™ Corrections Management System, installed in 2002.
The system also includes Justice Systems' FullCourt®, court case management
system.  Motorola’s Integration Framework™ architecture will connect the network
of systems together.

This system represents the second phase of a major interagency information
conversion. When completed, the new network will enable the Area Information
Records System (AIRS), a regional consortium of city and county public-safety
agencies and courts, to quickly and efficiently respond to calls, handle incidents
and administer related court cases. The consortium serves over 80 agencies,
including the Lane County Sheriff, Eugene Police and Fire, Springfield Police and
Fire, Eugene Municipal Courts, Springfield Municipal Courts, Lane County Justice
Courts and others.

"With Offendertrak already in place, Lane County is looking forward to
implementing Motorola's state of the art technology as another part of our
integrated public safety enterprise,” said Judy Monahan, AIRS Manager. “With
enhanced functionality the Motorola Digital Justice Solution will provide our
police, fire and justice agencies with the tools they need to saves lives, enforce
laws and protect the public.”

Motorola’s Premier CAD™ will streamline the dispatching process for AIRS member
agencies by further automating call taking and dispatching functions. With Premier
CAD, dispatchers have the ability to utilize the same system to initiate and
manage incidents and dispatch resources. The system will enable the automation of
information to expedite communications between the public and an agency’s field
units.

The system will also include Infotrak LRMS™ Law Records Management System. With
Infotrak’s state-of-the-art database technology, participating agency officials
will be able to effectively manage the recording, indexing and tracking of
criminal and non-criminal related incidents. With Infotrak, reports are stored
electronically, which accelerates the retrieval and routing process and eliminates
the need for paper records.

As part of this system, AIRS agencies will also use Premier MDC in a total of
approximately 150 public safety vehicles. Premier MDC™ is Motorola’s wireless
mobile data solution that allows officers to quickly and securely access critical
information on incidents, vehicles and individuals. As an extension of Premier
MDC™, Premier MDC Reporting provides a complete mobile reporting solution,
enabling public safety personnel in the field to quickly create accurate reports.

The heart of the Motorola installation is integration between the systems. AIRS
Consortium participants will have access to information created in any of the
systems from any of the other systems, as appropriate to business needs. This not
only saves time, it allows immediate access for decision-making. Monahan added,
“Technology that would allow the seamless integration of our information
enterprise was the essential factor in our decision to make this purchase.”

Bigger than the states of Delaware and Rhode Island combined, Lane County is home
to over 325,000 residents and spans approximately 4,500-square miles. The fully
integrated Motorola DJS is scheduled for implementation by 2005.

”Motorola is proud to provide the Digital Justice Solution to Lane County and the
AIRS public safety consortium,” said Bob Schassler, Motorola Communications and
Electronics, Inc. Vice President & Director, Sales, Motorola Western Division.

“Integrated information systems are the key to the future of efficient law
enforcement and public safety organizations. Motorola is helping our customers
make this concept a reality today”.

http://www.motorola.com/mediacenter/news/detail/0,1958,3150_2583_23,00.html

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/