Subject: [NEXTEL-1] vzw ptt flaws

From: "havaloc" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 14:28:27 -0000

Forget the lawsuit, all Nextel has to say is what Verizon already
admits on their terms and conditions.  When the presence list is being
updated (every 5 minutes or so), your regular calls will go straight
to voicemail.  That's a huge deal breaker in my eyes.

Presence information will be updated each time you turn on your phone
in the National Enhanced Services Area and at regular intervals while
in that area. While the updated presence information is being sent to
your phone, you will be able to receive and make a Push to Talk call,
***but you cannot make a voice call and incoming voice calls will go
directly to voicemail***.

***You cannot add, delete or modify your contact list*** from your
phone. You cannot prevent others who have your wireless phone number
from entering you into their Push to Talk contact list or block your
presence from being displayed to those who have you in their contact list.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 11:32:46 -0400

V2.0 Just cleared beta- Many of these issues will be gone-

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

---

From: "havaloc" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 16:44:06 -0000

v2.0 of what?  The Winphoria softswitches?