Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Verizon signs Wi-Fi roaming agreement with Wayport

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2003 14:24:21 -0400

Verizon signs Wi-Fi roaming agreement with Wayport
August 05 13:02:00, 2003

BEDMINSTER, N.J.—Verizon Wireless reported a roaming agreement with Wayport Inc.
that will allow the carrier’s customers to roam onto Wayport’s more than 650 wired
and wireless high-speed Internet access locations across the country at speeds of
up to 1.5 megabits per second.

Verizon Wireless said pricing plans for the service will include a daily unlimited
access plan for $7 and a monthly unlimited
access plan for $35 with charges billed directly to a customer’s existing wireless
bill. The carrier added the offering would complement its current CDMA2000
1x-based Express Network service through which the carrier offers unlimited access
for $80 per month and provides peak data speeds of up to 144 kilobits per second.

Verizon Wireless also said it selected Smith Micro Software Inc. to develop a
software connectivity solution designed to
provide mobile data customers with easier access to the carrier’s data offerings.
The agreement calls for Verizon
Wireless to combine Smith Micro’s combination client with all Express Network
Mobile Office Kits and 1x PC Cards, while
the Wi-Fi client will be made available for download.
http://rcrnews.com/cgi-bin/news.pl?newsId=14588

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/sO0ANB/LIdGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/