Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Why IT Projects Fail

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 17:52:41 -0400

Why IT Projects Fail

Consultant Sue Young explains why project status reports are so rosy,
why managers continue to fund losing efforts and why some projects are
doomed from the start.

http://computerworld.com/newsletter/0,4902,84266,00.html?nlid=AM

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: sparkie_rf <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 22:44:43 -0000

> Why IT Projects Fail

Dumbass managers.

It a world obsessed with discrete and objective(?) measurements, 
there is a lost appreciation for the subjective and the intangibles.

Hire, train and keep your best managers, and also develop the 
communication skills of all your people and you will kick serious 
ass in any market.