Subject: [NEXTEL-1] receivers

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2003 23:32:25 -0400

-------- Original Message --------
From: "eric995us" <[email-masked]>
Subject: receivers

I keep looking at all of the filings, especially the later more 
strident ones, and I continue to wonder how a re-banding will fix the 
receiver overload problems.  I'm lumping all of the bad things that 
can happen when a receiver is overloaded--receiveer generated IMD, 
desense and so forth.

Right now, the traditional two way radio user receivers have to 
receive from 851-869MHz and I think everyone agrees it is the strong 
signals in this band that are causing the receiver overload problems.

After the reband, the strong signals will be in the 861-869MHz band, 
which is still in the 851-869MHz band that the receivers are designed 
to receive.  

In their latest filing, Nextel says that the Consensus Plan will fix 
the "fallow spectrum" caused by them needing to avoid the use of 
channels that can cause IM hits to occur inside an "offended 
receiver".  

I did some math, and if the Consensus Plan retune takes place, it 
looks like spectrum in the 861-864MHz band will have this same 
potential for IM hits to occur in the "offended receivers" operating 
in the 853-859MHz range.  As near as I can tell, this will mean that 
these 3MHz will be under the same operational restrictions that 
Nextel is currently complaining about....How is the Consensus Plan a 
fix for this problem?

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/