Subject: [NEXTEL-1] RE: Nextel's Squelch Is Squeal

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2003 14:44:06 -0400

------- Original Message --------
   From: "Maples, Dave" <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: Nextel's Squelch Is Squeal

 Jim: I appreciate your frustration.  I think you will agree, though, that
prejudging any person or group as good or bad, righteous or evil, on the basis of
wealth or lack of wealth is the same as prejudging them on the basis of skin color
or gender or political affiliation.  It has always been wrong, and it will never
be right. We prefer those emotional shorthands, though, because it pushes off the
responsibility for us to really think about what the other person is saying or
doing. This is a further warning that, in this and in every other serious affair
of life, emotions should never have the primary place in discerning either truth
or wise courses of action.  Emotions lead us to make those prejudgements.Just my
own thoughts.  All replies welcome, of course.Dave Maples

     -----Original Message-----
     From: jbarbour [mailto:[email-masked]]
     Sent: Tuesday, August 05, 2003 9:01 AM
     To: [email-masked]
     Subject: Re:  Nextel's Squelch Is Squeal

     (snip) I'll take it the other direction-the HIGHER your "economic
     standing"
     (ie, the more of your money is involved), the LESS your opinion should
     count, since it's obvious you're being influenced by it, not what's
     right.

     --
     Jim