Subject: [NEXTEL-1] 3G 1xEV-DO Field Test Tool

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 01:40:02 -0400

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/August2003/5771.htm

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

<script src="http://scripts.cgispy.com/randombanner/javarbanner.cgi?user=3Gtelecoms" language="JavaScript">
</script>

3G
HOME ssAdvertising
and Sponsorship ssFREE
Daily 3G Newsletter

ALL
TODAY'S PRESS RELEASES SEE BELOW

3G
1xEV-DO Field Test Tool

28th
August 2003

US
: Tektronix, Inc. announced Asia Pacific Broadband Wireless Communications,
Inc. (APBW), one of five companies licensed to offer third-generation
mobile services in Taiwan, has chosen Tektronix' NetTek field tool for
operation and maintenance of its Code Division Multiple Access 1x Evolution-Data
Optimized (cdma2000 1xEV-DO) networks.

Inset
is the Tektronix' NetTek field tool.

Due to their inherent
complexities, third-generation (3G) technologies are challenging to
manage. Operators such as APBW, who are deploying the latest CDMA services,
require comprehensive support from their test tools to address these
technologies and to offer reliable network services. As the leading
product in its class, Tektronix' NetTek field tool is the only instrument
on the market to provide a complete suite of CDMA test solutions, including
1xEV-DO, for Base Transceiver Station (BTS) troubleshooting.

"Tektronix'
NetTek field tool is a very good product and supports our cdma2000 BTS
troubleshooting needs, including 1xEVDO," said Dr. Chungming An,
Chief Executive Officer, APBW. "This tool is particularly helpful
in tuning the performance of data services and improving response time
during our deployment of the cdma2000 network."

"As the first
operator to rollout 1xEV-DO services in Taiwan, APBW is a recognized
leader in the Taiwan mobile market," said Mark Kulper, General
Manager, Wireless Field Test, Tektronix, Inc. "By providing a dependable
field test platform and a complete suite of CDMA measurements, Tektronix
is able to work with industry leaders such as APBW to enable next-generation
communications networks."

CDMA Measurements

Automated CDMA features
available on the NetTek field tool include code domain power in Walsh
Code and Bit-Reversed formats; codogram to identify code power variations
over time; pilot power to accurately measure pilot power even when traffic
channels are present; and signal quality tests for Rho, Tau, Error Vector
Magnitude (EVM), PN Offset, and Carrier Feedthrough.

About the NetTek
Field Tool

Tektronix' NetTek
field tool, a rugged, portable platform, is the leading product in its
class and was first to market upon its introduction. It fills the gap
between expensive, full-compliance testing tools and low-cost instruments
designed to perform only one measurement. The instrument's modular architecture
supports a range of BTS transmitter measurements for standards including
UMTS/WCDMA, cdma2000 1xEV-DO, CDMA2000, cdmaOne (IS-95), GSM and IS-136.

About Asia Pacific
Broadband Wireless Communications Inc.

APBW, founded in
November 2001 and awarded a cdma2000 license in February 2002, is the
sole cdma2000 operator in Taiwan and will start commercial services
in 2003. The company belongs to the Rebar Group, which includes 23 businesses
spanning manufacturing, communications, media, finance, real estate,
and other services industries. As the sole cdma2000 operator, APBW leverages
various Rebar-Group and external resources to promote CDMA products
and services in Taiwan, as well as roaming markets.

NEC
e606 Phone Review
: Read
MORE

Free
3G Phones

TODAY'S
PRESS RELEASES

3G
1xEV-DO 3Mpbs Call

Nokia
announced that the world's first cdma2000® 1xEV-DV high-speed packet
data phone call was completed at Nokia's CDMA product creation center in
San Diego.

3G
1xEV-DO Field Test Tool

Asia
Pacific Broadband Wireless has chosen Tektronix' NetTek field tool for operation
and maintenance of its Code Division Multiple Access 1x Evolution-Data Optimized
(cdma2000 1xEV-DO) networks.

Telefonica's
of 3G UMTS Frequencies

As
Telefonica Moviles ponders what to do with the pan-European 3G licence albatross
around its neck, a number of mobile operators are showing an interest in
the unwanted UMTS frequencies in Austria.

Handover
from 3G WCDMA (UMTS) to GSM/GPRS

QUALCOMM
Incorporated announced successful WCDMA (UMTS) field trials in operators'
networks in Asia, Europe and North America

3G
Call-Flow Visability

RADCOM
Ltd introduced a family of CDMA2000 Consultants to provide wireless vendors
and operators with complete call-flow visibility on CDMA2000 1x and 1x-EV-DO
networks

New
3G RAM Announced

Latest
in FCRAM Family Designed for 3G Mobile Phones. Fujitsu
has introduced a new 128Mbit mobile FCRAM device ..

3G
Home

3G
Forum

Subscribe
To Newsletter

3G
Press Releases

3G
Phone Zone

3G
Fun Zone

3G
New Launches

3G
Events

3G
Reports

3G
Directory

Advertise

All
Material Subject to Copyright. All logos, graphics and trademarks are the
property of their respective owners.