Subject: [NEXTEL-1] REGION 8 (NEW YORK – METROPOLITAN AREA) PUBLIC SAFETY PLANNING COMMITTEES

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 18:33:44 -0400

News media information  202 / 418-0500
Fax-On-Demand  202 / 418-2830
TTY  202 / 418-2555
Internet:  http://www.fcc.gov
ftp.fcc.gov
PUBLIC NOTICE

  Federal Communications Commission
  445 12th St., S.W.
  Washington, D.C. 20554

DA 03-2635
     August 11, 2003

WIRELESS TELECOMUNICATIONS BUREAU ACTION

REGION 8 (NEW YORK – METROPOLITAN AREA) PUBLIC SAFETY  PLANNING COMMITTEES
ANNOUNCE
REGION 8 (700 MHz) REGIONAL PUBLIC SAFETY PLANNING MEETING
AND
REGION 8 NPSPAC (800 MHz) REGIONAL PUBLIC SAFETY PLANNING MEETING

 The Region 8 (New York – Metropolitan area)  Regional Planning Committees
announce two Region 8 Public Safety planning meetings.

  On Tuesday, September 10, 2003, the Region 8 700 MHz Regional Planning Committee
meeting will convene at 10:00 a.m. in Conference Room D2.10 A & B (2nd Floor) at
the NYC Transit Authority, 2 Broadway, New York, New York.

 The agenda for this meeting includes:

1. Review and Approve Previous Meeting Report
2. Funding
3. 4.9 GHz Update
4. Continue Discussion of Technical Aspects of 700 MHz Application Review
5. Final Review of NCC Activities
6. Regional Planning Committee Activities Update
7. Regional Plan – Review Working Document
8. Regional Planning Committee Letterhead
9. New Business/Comments
10. Schedule Next Meeting

 On Tuesday, September 10, 2003, the Region 8 800 MHz NPSPAC Regional Planning
Committee meeting will convene at 2:00 p.m. in Conference Room D2.10 A & B (2nd
Floor) at the NYC Transit Authority, 2 Broadway, New York, New York.

 The agenda for this meeting includes:

1. Election of new Chair to replace retiring Paul Einreinhofer
2. Election of new Secretary
3. Window 7 Status
4. Concurrence Requests Status
5. New Business/Comments
6. Schedule Next Meeting

 Both of the Region 8 Public Safety Planning Committee meetings are open to the
public.  All eligible public safety providers whose sole purpose or principal
purpose is to protect the safety of life, health, or property in the New York –
Metropolitan area would utilize these frequencies.  It is essential that not only
public safety, but all government, Native American Tribal, and non-governmental
organizations eligible under Section 90.523 of the Commission’s Rules be
represented in order to ensure that each agency’s future spectrum needs are
considered in the allocation process.  Administrators who are not oriented in the
communications field should delegate someone with this knowledge to attend,
participate and represent your agency’s needs.

 All interested parties wishing to participate in the planning for the use of new
public safety spectrum in the 764-776 and 744-806 MHz band within Region 8 should
plan to attend.  For further information, please contact:

   Peter W. Meade, Chairman
   Region 8, 700 MHz Regional Planning
   140 15th Street
   Mineola, New York 11501
   PH: (516) 571-6400 (voice)
   FX: (516) 571-6407 (fax)
   Email: [email-masked]

– FCC –

 http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-03-2635A1.doc

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 18:43:55 -0400

4.9 GHZ is going to be the hot topic at this meeting.
Look for some new ideas from manuafactures for the 4.9 Ghz band to hit public safety.

[email-masked] wrote: The Region 8 (New York – Metropolitan area)  Regional Planning Committees

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 05:06:30 -0400

Like I said:
More to come......

> Look for some new ideas from manuafactures for the 4.9 Ghz band to hit public safety.

INDIANAPOLIS, — 12 Aug. 2003 —

4.9 Licensed WLAN

<SNIP>
A planned addition to Motorola’s Mission Critical IP platform, 4.9 GHz Mission Critical WLAN solutions will enable
users to access an Intranet or the Internet in mobile “offices,” as well as real-time streaming video.  Broadband
solutions will also provide agencies with secure interoperable communications for managing incident and disaster
scenes on dedicated, licensed channels.