Subject: [NEXTEL-1] 3G 1xEV-DO 3Mpbs Call

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 01:39:01 -0400

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/August2003/5772.htm

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

<script src="http://scripts.cgispy.com/randombanner/javarbanner.cgi?user=3Gtelecoms" language="JavaScript">
</script>

3G
HOME ssAdvertising
and Sponsorship ssFREE
Daily 3G Newsletter

ALL
TODAY'S PRESS RELEASES SEE BELOW

3G
1xEV-DO 3Mpbs Call

28th
August 2003

US
: Nokia announced that the world's first cdma2000® 1xEV-DV high-speed
packet data phone call was completed at Nokia's CDMA product creation
center in San Diego. The call, achieving a peak data rate of 3.09 Mbps,
was made between a test set based on a commercially available Nokia
2285 handset upgraded with a Nokia 1xEV-DV chipset and a Racal Instruments,
Wireless Solutions Group, 1xEV-DV basestation emulator. This chipset
is the world's first to support complete 1xEV-DV Release C functionality.

Approved
in mid-2002 by the Telecommunications Industry Association (TIA) and
the International Telecommunications Union (ITU) as an official 3G standard,
cdma2000 1xEV-DV, also known as IS-2000 Release C, delivers a maximum
forward link (base station to handset) data rate that is 20 times greater
than the peak rate deployed in today's IS-2000 Release 0 CDMA networks.
Furthermore, IS-2000 Release C provides typical user throughput of 1
Mbps in a 1.25 MHz frequency channel and system-wide throughput that
ranges from 420 Kbps to 1.7 Mbps depending upon traffic and channel
conditions.

"In less than one year, Nokia has led the development of the 1xEV-DV
specification from an approved standard to a functional handset that
can be used for infrastructure lab interoperability testing and subsequently,
operator field testing," said Adam Gould, vice president of technology
management and strategy, CDMA for Nokia Mobile Phones. "Our experience
in CDMA technology uniquely positions Nokia to support incumbent cdma2000
operators transitioning to the 1xEV-DV standard."

Nokia continues to contribute to the continuing evolution of 1xEV-DV
technology as 3GPP2 finalizes specification of IS-2000 Release D later
this year. Release D adds a higher data rate capability on the reverse
link (handset to base station) than what is available with today's CDMA
networks and includes all of the features and functionality of previous
IS-2000 releases including the high-speed forward link capabilities
of Release C, enabling quality of service dependent applications such
as mobile online gaming.

"The success of Sprint PCS Vision services is continuing to create
new demand for increasingly data intensive applications," said
Oliver Valente, Vice President of Technology Development at Sprint.
"As one of the original supporters of 1xEV-DV technology, Sprint
PCS clearly understands the power and practicality that it can deliver
to both operators and end users."

NEC
e606 Phone Review
: Read
MORE

Free
3G Phones

TODAY'S
PRESS RELEASES

3G
1xEV-DO 3Mpbs Call

Nokia
announced that the world's first cdma2000® 1xEV-DV high-speed packet
data phone call was completed at Nokia's CDMA product creation center in
San Diego.

3G
1xEV-DO Field Test Tool

Asia
Pacific Broadband Wireless has chosen Tektronix' NetTek field tool for operation
and maintenance of its Code Division Multiple Access 1x Evolution-Data Optimized
(cdma2000 1xEV-DO) networks.

Telefonica's
of 3G UMTS Frequencies

As
Telefonica Moviles ponders what to do with the pan-European 3G licence albatross
around its neck, a number of mobile operators are showing an interest in
the unwanted UMTS frequencies in Austria.

Handover
from 3G WCDMA (UMTS) to GSM/GPRS

QUALCOMM
Incorporated announced successful WCDMA (UMTS) field trials in operators'
networks in Asia, Europe and North America

3G
Call-Flow Visability

RADCOM
Ltd introduced a family of CDMA2000 Consultants to provide wireless vendors
and operators with complete call-flow visibility on CDMA2000 1x and 1x-EV-DO
networks

New
3G RAM Announced

Latest
in FCRAM Family Designed for 3G Mobile Phones. Fujitsu
has introduced a new 128Mbit mobile FCRAM device ..

3G
Home

3G
Forum

Subscribe
To Newsletter

3G
Press Releases

3G
Phone Zone

3G
Fun Zone

3G
New Launches

3G
Events

3G
Reports

3G
Directory

Advertise

All
Material Subject to Copyright. All logos, graphics and trademarks are the
property of their respective owners.