Subject: [NEXTEL-1] [justnetnews] August 28, 2003 - NLECTC News Summary

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 17:31:46 -0400

NLECTC Law Enforcement & Corrections Technology News Summary
Thursday, August 28, 2003
***************************HEADLINES************************

"U.S. Demands Biometrics for Passports, Visas in Year" 

"Stun Guns Join Police Arsenal" 

"Crime-Victim Alert System Starts" 

"B.C. Firm Puts Odds on Who'll Stay Clean" 

"Coalition Questions Passenger Screening Plan" 

"The Aftermath of Cyberattacks" 

"Court Camera Not Candid, But Safer" 

"Hand Worn Searching Enhancement Tool Recognized as Leading
Technology in Corrections and Law Enforcement Industry" 

"Skulls Gain Virtual Faces" 

"Nation's First Automated Alert Network Activated" 

"New System Will Track Squad Cars by Computer" 

"Tampa Drops Face-Recognition System" 

"Keeping Watch on the Bridge" 

"Masks Seen as Mostly Reliable" 

"Northeast Kansas Law Enforcement to Use Program to Sift
Through Records" 

"Wireless Growth Hinders Rescuers" 

"Sleuths Try to Stay Ahead of Online Worms" 

"Body Armor Update: 2003" 

"Cleaning the Evidence Closet" 

***************************ARTICLES*************************

"U.S. Demands Biometrics for Passports, Visas in Year" 
Seattle Times Online (08/25/03); Bergstein, Brian 

Congressional requirements to include biometric identifiers
in passports and foreign visas could be difficult to comply
with by the Oct. 26, 2004, deadline, according to some
experts. By the end of 2003, seaports and airports are
expected to be equipped with fingerprint and face scanners,
but border crossings will be harder to upgrade. Moreover,
government agencies will have to rush to supply residents
with replacement documents, while issuing biometric
documents to new applicants. Experts are concerned that the
poor economy will slow down the process. The Department of
Homeland Security has already begun collecting biometric
information from international travelers, and land border
checkpoints between Mexico and Canada have been scanning the
biometrics of those crossing the borders. Since many
travelers send their applications via mail, many will be
forced to visit their local embassy or consulate to get
their fingerprints or facial images scanned. The U.S.
General Accounting Office estimates that adding biometric
information to visas could cost between $1.4 billion and
$2.9 billion per year.
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/cgi-bin/PrintStory.pl?document_id=2001608232&zsection_id=268448455&slug=btbiometric25&date=20030825 

"Stun Guns Join Police Arsenal" 
Detroit Free Press (08/21/03); Meyer, Zlati 

The Livonia police department is one of the few police
departments in southeastern Michigan to distribute Tasers to
officers after the state approved use of the devices by law
enforcement late last year. Lt. Ron Dehne, Taser trainer for
the department, said the devices lower the risk of physical
injury to the suspect and officers by preventing physical
confrontations during arrests. Dehne notes the department
categorizes Tasers with other non-lethal weapons, such as
pepper spray. Tasers project two probes at a distance of up
to 21 feet, but offer the highest accuracy within 7 to 10
feet. The devices deliver an electric charge of 50,000
volts, which overwhelms the person's central nervous system.
Dehne is hopeful the devices will slash the number of
officer and suspect injuries by 80 percent and 65 percent,
respectively, compared to injury figures during the previous
two years. Top police officials from Detroit are considering
adding Tasers to their collection of non-lethal weapons.
http://www.freep.com/news/cfp/1/ltaser21_20030821.htm 

"Crime-Victim Alert System Starts" 
Salt Lake Tribune (08/20/03) P. B2; Broughton, Ashley 

Crime victims in Utah will be able check on a perpetrator's
incarceration status by telephone through the Victim
Information and Notification Everyday (VINE) program, which
went into operation on Aug. 20. Victims can also receive
automatic updates when the prisoner is relocated, paroled,
released, escapes, dies, or moves to a lower security
classification. Computer and technical issues delayed the
Office of Crime Victim Reparations-funded initiative by
almost a year. The system also can direct victims toward
resources where they can learn about parolee rules and their
options to protect themselves. Utah Department of
Corrections administrator of victim services Sharon Daurelle
says that the previous notification system was confusing and
required contacting two separate agencies. For the moment,
VINE is restricted to state inmates in penitentiaries or
county lockups, but Daurelle says funding has been secured
to expand the program to include state parolees and county
inmates within the next 12 months.
http://www.sltrib.com/2003/aug/08202003/utah/85440.asp 

"B.C. Firm Puts Odds on Who'll Stay Clean" 
Vancouver Sun (08/25/03) P. D4; Alexander, Doug 

Triant Technologies has developed a software program that
predicts the odds of whether criminals released from prison
will re-offend after they re-enter society. The Corrections
Risk Analysis System (C-RAS) uses advanced
pattern-recognition technology to compare an offender with a
database of already profiled criminals who have been
released. An offender's risk to re-offend and capacity for
violence is modeled on 80 factors, including alcohol use,
past crimes, family/marital relations, and employability.
The program is also used to determine which areas should be
targeted for treatment. According to Kevin Lorette of Triant
Psychometrics, a unit of Triant Technologies, the system is
based on four years' worth of data gathered from Wisconsin's
prison system, but the results are expected to be universal
across North America. However, Neil Boyd, a criminologist at
Simon Fraser University, is skeptical of the program's
universality because penalties for crimes vary from state to
state and between the United States and Canada. At the same
time, a study conducted last year in Wisconsin revealed that
the C-RAS had an 85 percent to 90 percent accuracy rate of
identifying which offenders would be re-arrested within a
release window of two years. In addition, Lorette says the
C-RAS is not meant to be the only tool used by officials to
decide who is released and when. Triant Technologies plans
to design applications of the C-RAS for homeland security
and the industries of finance, insurance, and law
enforcement. http://www.canada.com/vancouver/vancouversun 

"Coalition Questions Passenger Screening Plan" 
IDG News Service (08/25/03); Gross, Grant 

The ACLU used an Aug. 25 press conference to question the
Transportation Security Administration's (TSA) proposed
Computer Assisted Passenger Pre-screening System II (CAPPS
II), which is still a magnet for criticism despite revisions
added by the TSA in response to public outcry. CAPPS II, as
it currently stands, would have airline passenger
reservation systems collect each traveler's name, address,
phone number, and birthday; this data would be sent by TSA
to commercial data aggregators, who would produce an
authentication score that determines passenger ID confidence
levels. Passengers would then go through a "risk assessment
function" and be assigned a risk score. Speaking at the
press conference, Laura Murphy of the ACLU inquired how
passengers misidentified by CAPPS II as terrorists or other
criminals would be able to clear themselves and avoid
pre-boarding searches, and criticized the TSA for not being
more forthcoming about the system's risk score criteria.
"Credit records, highly personal medical, business,
educational and mental health information could still
conceivably be mined, but in the secret world of national
intelligence and federal law enforcement agencies," she
warned. Former Rep. Bob Barr (R-Ga.) said even an error rate
of 1 percent or 2 percent would generate millions of false
positives annually, given the huge numbers of air travelers
passing through airports daily. TSA administrator Adm. James
Loy and Homeland Security Department chief privacy officer
Nuala O'Connor Kelley released a joint statement promising
that CAPPS II will not trample on individuals' right to
privacy. The press conference panelists held differing views
about a more effective, less invasive solution: Grover
Nordquist of Americans for Tax Reform suggested arming
airline pilots, while Jim Dempsey of the Center for
Democracy and Technology thought the TSA needs to improve
its passenger watch lists.
http://www.infoworld.com/article/03/08/25/HNcoalition_1.html 

"The Aftermath of Cyberattacks" 
New York Times (08/25/03) P. C4; Strom, David 

Before the Blaster worm gained widespread notoriety, the
Homeland Security Department issued a two-page note advising
ISPs to shut off access to three server ports: Cox
Communications, AT&T Broadband, and other ISPs heeded the
warning and shut down those channels, though they affected
legitimate Microsoft Exchange functions. Despite the early
action, however, the self-propagating Blaster worm and
email-reliant SoBig.F worm were successful enough to renew
fears about cyberterrorism and the government's ability to
stop it. Security professionals prevented PCs infected by
SoBig.F from perhaps their most nefarious use on Friday
afternoon, as the 20 servers that were to send worldwide
commands to the drones were identified and cut off from the
Internet. Former national cybersecurity adviser Howard
Schmidt says the government probably did the best it could
with the July warning because it has to balance disclosure;
giving too much information could assist terrorists or other
criminals, he says. The report did not mention a special
file transfer port normally used for router configuration
updates, but exploited by the Blaster worm to infect entire
corporate networks. The vulnerability meant a single
infected computer could unleash Blaster on an entire network
without any active user participation. Internet Security
Alliance President Dave McCurdy says Homeland Security is
doing a good job of working with the private sector, but the
agency lacks resources. A new national cybersecurity
division is being formed from computer security elements of
the FBI, General Services Administration, and the Department
of Defense, but no leader for the group has been announced
yet. For now, homeland security really has to start at home,
with regular users working to update their Windows security
and installing firewall hardware for broadband connections.
http://www.nytimes.com/2003/08/25/technology/25NECO.html 

"Court Camera Not Candid, But Safer" 
Union Leader and New Hampshire Sunday News (08/21/03) P. B1;
Gilbertson, Janine E. 

In the Salem District Court in Salem, N.H., a new
teleconferencing system has eliminated the need for suspects
to go to and from the court from Rockingham County jail,
located in Brentwood, N.H, for a number of routine
procedures. About 30 inmates from the jail are sent to
different district courts every day for bail hearings,
arraignments, and so on, says Rockingham County Department
of Corrections superintendent Gene Charrone. He says the new
system is likely to reduce such expenses as transportation
and labor, especially since prison administrators will not
have to spend time getting inmates ready for the court
session. Valued at roughly $60,000, the system includes a
50-inch plasma television, video gear, and a monitor in the
prison. Charrone adds that the system makes it harder for
inmates to smuggle dangerous items or harm courtroom
employees, sheriffs, and other non-prison personnel. He
notes that suspects will be able to see people in the
courtroom and will also have secure access to an attorney
via telephone, and adds that the system would not be used
for jury trials. According to Salem District Court Judge
John Korbey, the same equipment has been installed in other
areas, including Merrimack and Hillsborough counties.
Charrone says if their systems are identical, other counties
can use the teleconferencing technology for arraigning
inmates held at the Rockingham jail.
http://www.theunionleader.com 

"Hand Worn Searching Enhancement Tool Recognized as Leading
Technology in Corrections and Law Enforcement Industry" 
PRNewswire (08/21/03) 

Paradigm Tactical Products Inc., an international
corrections and law enforcement supplier of their FRISKER
PRO Hand Worn Metal detector, recently attained the top
ranking among 84 corrections related technologies and
services, according to the August 2003 issue of Popular
Science Magazine. The recognition was made at the National
Institute of Justice sponsored mock prison riot in
Moundsville WV, notes James F. Marr, a vice president of
Paradigm. The FRISKER PRO is a small, covert searching
enhancement and officer safety/survival tool . Paradigms'
marching orders are for all agencies and their training
units around the world to both instruct their personnel in
the use of the device as well as deploy the FRISKER PRO in
an attempt to make a very dangerous job, just a little
safer. Marr, a retired law enforcement officer, states that
the FRISKER PRO is very simple to use and operate, and has
had a tremendous impact for the agencies, both domestic and
international, which are deploying them in their crime
fighting measures as well as in their homeland security and
anti- terrorism efforts. According to Marr, several agencies
have now adopted the device as issued equipment for each one
of their personnel, citing the inherent advantage the device
gives their personnel doing a very dangerous job. The device
is capable of detecting a single staple or a handcuff key
inside a mouth against the cheek wall among other
detections. The device also allows the user to defend
him/herself without any delay, if the need arises, up to and
including using deadly force. This would be impossible with
any of the other hand held detectors, and because the
FRISKER PRO is hand worn, the two types of technologies
cannot be fairly compared other then to say they both detect
metal. http://www.prnewswire.com 

"Skulls Gain Virtual Faces" 
Technology Research News (08/20/03); Patch, Kimberly 

Max Planck Institute for Computer Science researcher Kolja
Kahler says that the reconstruction of human faces for
forensic investigation and anthropological research could be
significantly accelerated with a new computerized technique.
Manually sculpting a traditional clay model of a human face
based on bone structure often takes weeks; the computerized
modeling process devised by Max Planck researchers, in
contrast, can be done in less than 24 hours. Kahler notes
that the technique builds the muscles and skin on top of the
skull, and is "essentially the virtual counterpart to the de
facto standard method used for manual facial reconstruction
in police work." The software developed by the Max Planck
researchers allows markers, or landmarks, to be studded onto
a 3D virtual model of a real skull derived from laser
scanning; these landmarks correspond to statistical
measurements of tissue depth. The movement of the model's
muscles produces a consonant change in the skin layer. The
technique also incorporates dictums that ascertain facial
characteristics, such as nose width and thickness of the
lips. Computer reconstruction gives researchers the luxury
of building alternate models to reflect varying facial
expressions, weight gain, or weight loss. Kahler says that
the next phase of the project involves working with forensic
artists and anthropologists to make the technique more
useful.
http://www.trnmag.com/Stories/2003/081303/Skulls_gain_virtual_faces_081303.html 

"Nation's First Automated Alert Network Activated" 
Computerworld (08/20/03); Verton, Dan 

Oregon's Regional Alliances for Infrastructure and Network
Security has created RAINS-Net, a regional alert system that
uses 911 information to automatically alert areas that may
be affected by an emergency, such as schools, hospitals, and
corporate buildings. The Alliance is made up of over 300
public and private organizations and 60 IT vendors who have
come together to develop the security system, which has been
outfitted with applications for a future national system.
The program would deliver real-time information to computers
and cell phones of end-users on a need-to-know basis, in
addition to providing media such as maps or security
procedures to assist users in responding to an emergency.
Developers insist that the technology can easily be
replicated by other states. Currently the only other RAINS
system operates in the state of Washington, although three
other states have expressed interest in expansion. "Our
nation's security experts have acknowledged the need for a
better way to communicate sensitive information and to
coordinate emergency response, [which is] especially
critical in post-9/11 America," says Susan Zevin of the
National Institute of Standards and Technology. "The
RAINS-Net approach can serve as a model that could be
adopted by cities throughout the nation."
http://www.computerworld.com/securitytopics/security/story/0,10801,84204,00.html 

"New System Will Track Squad Cars by Computer" 
St. Petersburg Times (FL) (08/20/03) P. 1; Bourne, Duane 

The Hernando County, Fla., Sheriff's department will soon
begin using the Automatic Vehicle Locator (AVL) in their
police cruisers to monitor the location of the vehicles. The
technology connects to the global positioning system to
track police vehicles via a homing signal on a computer
screen. Hernando County Sheriff Richard Nugent informed
county commissioners in a meeting earlier in the summer that
the system is needed to replace the department's outdated
modems and could help integrate the county's dispatch
centers. Equipping the cruisers with the AVLs is expected to
cost $210,000, which accounts for the majority of the
department's expected surplus of $280,000. "The additional
$40,000 now solves a lot of problems in keeping track of
where our folks are," Nugent declared. The remainder will be
allocated towards purchasing Advanced Taser M26 stun guns
for officers.
http://www.sptimes.com/2003/08/20/Hernando/New_system_will_track.shtml 

"Tampa Drops Face-Recognition System" 
Associated Press (08/20/03) 

Tampa, Fla., the first U.S. city to use a permanent
surveillance system along city streets, has discontinued the
program. The police indicate that the face-recognition
system employed in Ybor City did not net anyone wanted by
authorities. ACLU chairwoman of the Greater Tampa Chapter
Darlene Williams is pleased that the intrusion on the public
has ceased. The system was designed to identify the facial
traits of offenders by matching those who passed before the
cameras with a database of 30,000 mug shots.
http://www.ap.org 

"Keeping Watch on the Bridge" 
Charleston Post and Courier (SC) (08/19/03) P. 1A;
Vanegeren, Jessica 

The state of South Carolina plans to institute a new
all-purpose surveillance system for the new Arthur Ravenel
Jr. Bridge that will have the capability of monitoring
traffic flow, weather conditions, and accidents on the
bridge. The new $16-million Intelligent Transport system
features a series of traffic cameras, communications
devices, speed sensors, and weather stations that have been
placed on the bridge and along a 13-mile stretch of highway
leading to the bridge. The various technology devices will
give drivers an idea of the driving conditions on the bridge
and will provide officials with a way to assess how many
vehicles are on the bridge or how many emergency response
vehicles to send to an accident. The system will feature
1,200 miles of fiber optic cable connecting various devices
such as a dozen high-resolution cameras, four overhead
message signs, 14 radar sensors, and two surveillance
cameras beneath the bridge that will set off an alarm if a
ship approaches too closely. The cameras beneath the bridge
were conceptualized as a defense against terrorism. Local
law enforcement officials in several jurisdictions will be
able to view the images provided by the cameras on the
bridge. The high-resolution cameras have a range of 2,500
feet and provide a 360-degree view, with the capability of
reading a license plate from a distance of half a mile.
However, law enforcement officials will not be allowed to
use the cameras to identify drivers by their driver's
licenses or to target drivers for traffic violations.
http://www.charleston.net/stories/081903/loc_19its.shtml 

"Masks Seen as Mostly Reliable" 
Roll Call (08/18/03) Vol. 49, No. 15, P. 1; Nelson, Suzanne 

The National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health
(NIOSH) in Pittsburgh has completed testing on three popular
masks, including the QuickMask 2000, designed for use in a
chemical or biological assault. The masks provide clean air
for 10 minutes to 60 minutes to allow the user to escape
from a contaminated site. But Richard Mepzler, director of
NIOSH's National Personal Protection Technology Laboratory,
says that although results indicate that the masks
successfully block toxic agents like sarin and mustard gas,
they also pose a risk of injury or even death to older
individuals or to people with asthma due to the masks'
levels of carbon dioxide and oxygen. Nonetheless, the Office
of Compliance feels that "The masks are the best we have at
the moment," according to an internal email. Terrance
Gainer, police chief of the U.S. Capitol Police department,
which protects members of Congress, says federal funds are
available for police departments to regularly replace the
emergency masks. The devices have a shelf life of about four
years. Gainer's department is also working with the Office
of Compliance to modify training procedures based on the new
results. NIOSH hopes to soon establish standards for the
protective devices in conjunction with federal agencies.
http://www.rollcall.com 

"Northeast Kansas Law Enforcement to Use Program to Sift
Through Records" 
Associated Press (08/18/03) 

Counties in Northeast Kansas hope to begin using the COPLINK
computer system by the end of the year in order to help law
enforcement agencies track down more criminals. COPLINK is a
database that stores and searches through police records
ranging from traffic stops to murders, quickly generating a
list of leads for police officers. Critics fear that the
information could result in a breach of privacy if used
improperly, although agencies already using the technology
have praised it as a tool that will help move law
enforcement in a positive and more efficient direction. The
program, which was created at the University of Arizona's
Artificial Intelligence Lab cost local agencies in Kansas
about $65,000, while allowing them to access records from
various regions and agencies, according to Lawrence police
Lt. David Cobb. COPLINK is currently used in Tucson, Ariz.,
Boston, Mass., Polk County, Iowa, Spokane, Wash., and Ann
Arbor, Mich.
http://www.dodgeglobe.com/stories/081903/sta_0819030008.shtml 

"Wireless Growth Hinders Rescuers" 
Washington Post (08/18/03) P. A1; Davenport, Christian 

The FCC is currently trying to decide if it needs to
reorganize the radio spectrum to fix the problem of wireless
phone signals interfering with emergency radio frequencies
used by police and firefighters. Nationwide, emergency
departments are reporting stories of officers unable to call
for backup, dispatchers unable to relay descriptions of
suspects, and firefighters unable to request ambulances
because of radio "dead spots." The problem began about 30
years ago when the FCC assigned channels in the 800 MHz band
to public safety agencies and then assigned channels in the
same band to wireless companies in the 1980s. The FCC's
solution would be to reshuffle channels in the 800 MHz band,
putting emergency agencies at one end of the band and
wireless phone firms at the other end. However, many experts
in the communications industry say a reorganization of the
spectrum is unnecessary and would be too expensive and take
too long. At the same time, Nextel Communications, which has
many band frequencies next to those of emergency
departments, has teamed up with the Association of Public
Safety Communications Officials International and the
International Association of Chiefs of Police, among others,
to propose a reorganization of the spectrum, in addition to
offering to pay $850 million for the reshuffling costs if
its plan is adopted by the FCC. In the meantime, police
officers in Anne Arundel County, Md., have taken to carrying
cell phones to use when their radios fail.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A7270-2003Aug17.html 

"Sleuths Try to Stay Ahead of Online Worms" 
New York Times (08/27/03) P. C2; Flynn, Laurie J. 

The extent of the damage caused by the SoBig.F computer worm
was limited somewhat thanks to the efforts of security
researchers such as F-Secure's Mikko Hypponen, who helped
dissect the worm and warned authorities about network
weaknesses that could aid its spread. Such experts notified
the FBI about these vulnerabilities, and the bureau moved
quickly to isolate them. Ilkka Starck of F-Secure's North
American operations reports that speed is of the essence
when it comes to heading off viruses, while cooperation and
data sharing among virus researchers is also critical.
F-Secure and other antivirus companies usually capture
samples of malicious code through honeypots--online decoys
set up as a lure. Based primarily in Finland, F-Secure sells
antivirus software that features automatic updates whenever
new viruses are identified, and Hypponen says his lab's
objective is to issue patches to subscribers within two
hours of receiving the first malware sample. He adds, "We
believe we have a good chance of being successful in the
U.S. because we make [patching] very convenient." Hypponen
notes that antivirus experts on his team hail from diverse
backgrounds, and that there is no specific academic focus on
the field. Perhaps the most frustrating challenge for virus
sleuths is tracking down virus authors, who often resort to
crafty means to mask their identities and cover their
tracks.
http://www.nytimes.com/2003/08/27/technology/27VIRU.html 

"Body Armor Update: 2003" 
Police and Security News (08/03) Vol. 19, No. 4, P. 26 

The effectiveness of body armor systems has been confirmed
by their use in Iraq, especially that of Small Arms
Protective Inserts (SAPIs), according to reports from a
United States Marine Corps Systems Command officer. SAPIs
are small, transposable shields of ceramic that protect
users from shards and small weapons ammunition. They were
able to block "small arms fire that would have certainly
wounded and killed Marines in combat," says a Marine Corps
University publication. Such gear can be valuable for law
enforcement personnel as well. And although body armor
designs are continually changing, their quality remains
consistently high. One incident that helped the public
become more aware of body armor's importance occurred on
June 17 at Bushnell Park in Hartford, Conn. Bomb specialists
were called on to examine a suspected explosive, and they
put on their body armor in front of passersby. Subsequently,
a large throng of people gathered to watch.
http://www.policeandsecuritynews.com 

"Cleaning the Evidence Closet" 
Law Enforcement Technology (08/03) Vol. 30, No. 8, P. 40;
Mertens, Jennifer 

The police department in Santa Clara, Calif., has developed
an evidence-management system that eliminated a series of
problems, including misplaced evidence, the mixing of old
and new property, and maintenance of obsolete evidence. The
department replaced its collection of bulky, overflowing
boxes with compact, individually labeled envelopes, which
are organized chronologically and whether it is a
misdemeanor or a felony. The introduction of a database
hosted by software package FileMaker Pro increased the
efficiency of entering, tracking, and managing the
department's evidence collection. The software prints labels
with a property report and a matching barcode, which allows
a wireless interface to scan the barcode and retrieve a
complete history of a piece of evidence, including its
location, which detective is handling the case, and the
status of the case. Officers can also enter a case number
into the wireless interface to generate a list of all the
evidence associated with a specific case and its location.
FileMaker Pro can collaborate with other computer programs,
such as Excel, to create spreadsheets of evidence, and
generate monthly reports to notify investigators of what
evidence is still being held and which case it relates to.
According to retired Santa Clara Lt. Roger Luebkeman, who
helped design the system, the new property room was designed
to accommodate an annual 15 percent growth of evidence, but
the use of the FileMaker system has kept annual evidence
growth to between 3 percent and 4 percent. Joe Latta,
executive director of the International Association for
Property and Evidence, points out that an ideal system would
generate an inventory and exception report at least once a
year, listing all missing or misplaced items in a specific
box or file. http://www.law-enforcement.com 

***************** UPCOMING CONFERENCE **********************

Campus Safety Conference
Adam's Mark Hotel
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
November 3-4, 2003

The upcoming Campus Safety Conference is a training
conference designed especially for campus safety
professionals at both the secondary school and higher
education levels. The event will feature more than 13
seminars of critical importance to campus safety
decision-makers and staff. The National Institute of Justice
will be presenting information on technology for school
safety.

For more information about this conference and to register,
please visit: http://www.campusjournal.com/csc/

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/