Subject: [NEXTEL-1] "The Longest Mile Contest"

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 02:06:43 -0400

"The Longest Mile Contest"

N. Billerica, Massachusetts (August 2003) - Radio Waves, Inc., The Leader in
Microwave Antenna InnovationTM, has announced the “The Longest Mile” contest.
Radio Waves is sponsoring “The Longest Mile” contest with the winner utilizing
Radio Waves antennas to achieve the longest reliable path in the 5 GHz unlicensed
band. The winning entry will receive a three-day, two-night stay in Boston hosted
by Radio Waves. The winning entry will be announced at the WCA show in June 2004.
Full contest rules are available in .pdf form below.

Andy Singer, Executive Vice President and General Manager of Radio Waves, stated,
“We are excited about the ‘The Longest Mile’ contest. In this industry, all of us
are either engineers or engineers at heart, and these types of technical
challenges keep the industry moving forward. We at Radio Waves look forward to
personally meeting the contest winner in Boston.”

About Radio Waves
Radio Waves offers the most diverse product range of high-quality microwave
antennas for Point-to-Point, unlicensed ISM, UNII & 802.11/Wi-Fi broadband
wireless bands at 2.4, 3.5 and 5 GHz, LMDS, Point-to-Multipoint and
broadcast microwave applications. Radio Waves is known globally for their
rapid delivery and reliable microwave antenna designs. Radio Waves has
developed a number of "firsts" in the microwave antenna industry, including
the first integrated "slip-fit" microwave antenna design and the first LMDS hub
antenna to meet stringent CS2 requirements
Radio Waves is a proven supplier of high quality microwave antennas for
cellular base station interconnects, Internet service providers, hospitals and
campus environments, Wi-Fi, private networks, disaster recovery and many
other applications. With today’s fast paced environment, Radio Waves
customers require off-the-shelf microwave antenna system products with
delivery times ranging from overnight to two weeks or less. Radio Waves can
meet these demands by entering into stocking arrangements or other
agreements to ensure product deliveries in sync with their business models
and requirements. Through our superior quality and excellent customer
service, Radio Waves is The Leader in Microwave Antenna InnovationTM

For further information contact:

Andy Singer
Executive Vice President/General Manager
Radio Waves
(978) 459-8800 ext. 12

[email-masked]

http://www.radiowavesinc.com/html/426_the_longest_mile_contest.cfm

======================================================================================

Contest Rules for:
Radio Waves “The Longest Mile” Contest
Sponsor: “The Longest Mile” contest is sponsored by Radio Waves, Inc. 495R
Billerica Avenue North
Billerica, MA 01862.

Term: The Radio Waves “The Longest Mile” contest will run from August 15, 2003
until midnight May
15, 2004. No entries for the contest will be taken after that date. The results of
the contest will be announced at the WCA show in July of 2004, and will be posted
to the Radio Waves web site.

Eligibility: The Radio Waves “The Longest Mile” contest is open to legal residents
of the United States,
who are at least 18 years of age. Void where prohibited by law, rule, or
regulation. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Employees of
Radio Waves, or Smith Industries, or their immediate family or household members
are not eligible.

The Prize: The winning entry will receive a 3-day / 2-night trip to Boston, MA,
including economy class
airfare from anywhere in the continental United States on a ticket purchased in
advance by Radio Waves.  Also included are two night’s hotel accommodations in
Boston selected and paid for by Radio Waves, and lunch with the Radio Waves staff
followed by a tour of the facility. There will be no prize substitution.  Taxes,
if any, are the sole responsibility of the prizewinner. Radio Waves is not
responsible for any incident that may happen to the winner of the contest during
the trip. The winner will have to take the trip between August 1, 2004 and
November 20, 2004, or forfeit the prize.

How to enter: All entrants must supply the following details related to their
longest terrestrial path in the
unlicensed 5 GHz band using Radio Waves antennas:

Name and contact information

Radio Waves antenna models used

Frequency used

Path length

Location and Coordinates of both antennas

Tower heights

System components (cable lengths, radios, etc., note: no repeaters may be used)

This information should be emailed to [email-masked] with “The Longest
Mile Contest” as the subject line.
Selection of Winners: Each entrant selected as a potential winner must comply with
all terms and
conditions set forth in these official rules, and winning is contingent upon
fulfilling all such requirements.

The winning entry will be chosen based on information provided to Radio Waves for
longest reliable path length. The coordinates and tower height of each antenna
must be provided along with a list of the system components. The sites will be
subject to validation by a Radio Waves employee or agent. The decision of the
Radio Waves panel of judges will be final.
Notification: Only the winner will be notified by telephone or email. All other
applicants will not be
notified.

Use of Contest Information: Radio Waves reserves the right to use any and all
information related to
the contest, including information on entrants obtained through the contest, for
marketing purposes, unless prohibited by law.

Rules:  http://www.radiowavesinc.com/documents.cfm?documentID=185

    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/