Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Breakthrough Technology Bridges the Gap Between Public Safety and Homeland Security

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 06:15:09 -0400

Breakthrough Technology Bridges the Gap Between Public Safety and Homeland
Security

First Responder’s Expanded Role to Protect the Homeland Requires New
Communications and Coordination Capabilities

INDIANAPOLIS, IN -- (MARKET WIRE) -- 08/11/2003 -- APCO (Association of Public
Safety Communications Officials) -- Today, Seattle-based CoCo
Communications, developer of secure wireless communications protocols, introduces
five new products designed specifically to solve real-world public
safety communications issues that address the expanded mission of our nation’s
first responders. The products are based on a patent-pending software
protocol that allows any number of land mobile radio (LMR) and wireless voice and
data networks to act as one shared network for prioritized
coordinated response at the local, state and federal level.

“With the expanded role to protect the Homeland this breakthrough has an immediate
impact on responder coordination and response capabilities
without burdening cash-strapped agencies with the need to build expensive new
network infrastructure,” said Mark Tucker, CEO and co-founder of CoCo
Communications. “The important ingredient when you merge responder networks is the
ability to allow agencies to maintain network control without
interfering or jeopardizing network security.”

The breakthrough products debut at this week’s APCO show, August 11-14. A Mobile
Responder Communications Platform is software loaded onto an
off-the-shelf mobile device such as a cellular telephone, PDA or laptop computer
making them responder ready and capable of communicating even if
service is down or out of reach. A Dispatch Integration Bridge merges public
safety communications systems with other networks. A Mobile Radio Hub
can be mounted in a squad car or fire engine to ensure that responders from
different agencies can communicate on-scene. A Wireless
Crypto-Secure™ Box provides secure broadband coverage prioritized for public
safety. A Wireless Camera Node can be accessed and controlled from
anywhere on an agencies network.

The company’s first distribution partner is Raytheon. The product suite will be
integrated with Raytheon’s First Responder Command and
Communications Vehicle (FRCCV) on display in the Raytheon booth.

About CoCo Communications

CoCo Communications (Seattle, WA) is a technology company specializing in wireless
networking, security and protocols. CoCo pioneered the
development of a new wireless communications protocol that allows radios (LMR),
mobile phones, PDAs, laptops and land-based telephones to
communicate in a secure, controlled interoperable environment. For more
information, please visit www.cococorp.com.

CoCo Booth: #2506

Raytheon Booth: #1223

http://www.marketwire.com/mw/release_html_b1?release_id=56301

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/