Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Motorola Offers Full Suite of 700 MHz Technology Vital to Mission-Critical Public Safety Interoperability

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 05:19:06 -0400

Motorola Offers Full Suite of 700 MHz Technology Vital to Mission-Critical Public
Safety Interoperability
First in Industry to Provide 700 MHz Solutions

INDIANAPOLIS, — 12 Aug. 2003 –Motorola, Inc. (NYSE:MOT) showcased its complete
line of wireless technology designed for the 700 MHz band today at the Association
of Public Safety Communications Officials International (APCO) Conference. The
Conference runs from Aug. 11-14 at the Indiana Convention Center & RCA Dome.

The 700 MHz product suite is part of Motorola’s extensive portfolio of public
safety and security solutions for mission-critical integrated communications,
information management, regional coordination and incident command.

With all states having received 700 MHz spectrum allocations, public safety
agencies can now deploy available technology to greatly improve the quality and
effectiveness of communications coverage and interoperability.

“Wireless communications is a critical public safety tool, heightened by today’s
homeland security concerns,” said Chuck Jackson, Motorola Communications and
Electronics, Inc. (MCEI) vice president and director, Motorola North America
Group. “It is vital that first responders have access to the right information at
the right time and in the right place. With 700 MHz spectrum solutions now
available, public safety agencies have the ability to achieve the interoperability
necessary to meet their mission-critical communications needs today and well into
the future.”

Congress recognized the need for additional spectrum allocations in 1997 when 24
MHz in the 700 MHz band was reallocated to support mission-critical public safety
communications. Television channels 63, 64, 68 and 69 currently use this spectrum
and are slated to clear it as part of the Digital Television (DTV) transition.

In addition to providing much needed additional spectrum for public safety, access
to the 700 MHz band is critical to public safety operations for two key reasons:

700 MHz provides additional capacity for interoperable voice communications; and
700 MHz is the only dedicated spectrum allocation where public safety can have
high-speed, wide-area access in the field to wideband data services such as
database access, Intranet, imaging and video.

“Motorola will continue to work with state and local public safety officials to
advocate for access to 700 MHz spectrum,” said Jackson. “Achieving optimal
interoperability within and across departmental and jurisdictional boundaries
depends on it.”

http://www.motorola.com/mediacenter/news/detail/0,1958,3144_2577_23,00.html

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/