Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Alaska Land Mobile Radio

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 12:36:51 -0400

http://almr.state.ak.us/IndexServlet

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

ALMR Calendar

Syndeo Collaborator

ALMR Site Listing

Search

Overview

Detailed Information

Funding

Potential Stakeholders

Project Team

Executive Council

Letters of Support

Presentations

Related Information

Maps

Home

Login

Background

Contacts

Links

Grants

FAQ

Library

Background

Life threatening incidents such as wild fires, avalanches and more recently,
acts of terrorism, test the ability of public safety organizations to mount a
well-coordinated response. In the past years, natural disasters have occurred in
the state that were not easily addressed, due in part, to the lack of interoperable
radio communication systems between responding federal, state and local public
safety agencies. Public safety requires reliable coordination and communication
among these agencies. Given the aging communications systems in place today,
effective coordination and communications is not guaranteed.
The goal of the ALMR project is to build a cost shared P25 TIA 102 trunked land mobile
radio communications system.

Project Objectives

Create a cooperative partnership across federal, state and local jurisdictions.

Build and operate an interoperable trunked radio system.

Enhance personnel safety and operational capabilities.

Plan a phased implementation - highway system, Southeast Alaska and Kodiak, rural areas.

Cost share infrastructure cost among the federal, state and local governments.

Educate the legislature and key policy-makers in state government in order to gain strong support and adequate funding.

"Our commitment is to provide a wireless, cost effective public safety interoperable communications system for all of Alaska"

- ALMR Executive Council

Public

Public

2002 Alaska Land Mobile Radio Project

Contact Us by Email or Call Us (907) 748-1985