Subject: [NEXTEL-1] GIS - Call for Sponsors, Exhibitors and Speakers - Oct 23, 2003 - Arlington, VA

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 08:08:10 -0400

Homeland Defense Management Seminar™

                       Geographic Information Systems (GIS)

                          "GIS Moves to the Front Office"

                Management Applications in Government and Industry

  Including special segments on the role of GIS in Homeland Security response and
                               recovery management.

The Homeland Defense Journal is pleased to announce an important new training
conference for government and industry to be held in Arlington, Virginia on
Thursday, October 23, 2003.

As an industry leader involved with homeland security, you are invited to
participate with us as an exhibitor, sponsor or attendee. We also invite your
suggestions on potential government speakers. For example, if you have a
government contract - federal, state or local - that has an important bearing on
the use of GIS technologies for homeland defense management, please contact Donna
Anderson, Vice President, at 703-807-2740 .

If you wish to exhibit or sponsor, also call Ms. Anderson. Or, you may call our
information line at 703-807-2027 to get information on how to view the conference
profile at our web page.

We have an Executive Steering Committee set up for this conference.See below for
members of the Executive Steering Committee.

Sponsors for this event include INPUT, The Professional Services Council and
others to be announced.

We anticipate approximately 150 senior government and industry executives. This is
not an expo. It is a management-focused training conference directed at the
information needs of government and industry executives. Accordingly, there will
only be 10 sponsor/exhibitors at this conference.Topics will include
management-directed subjects such as industry best practices, lessons-learned and
new agency initiatives.

We hope to see you there.

             Executive Steering Committee for this Training Conference

The Executive Steering Committee develops the overall training conference
strategy, provides guidance on key topics and speakers and provides overall advice
with respect to the technology and its application in a management/decision-making
environment.

The Executive Steering Committee for this conference includes:

·Elizabeth Dann, NIMA (National Imagery and Mapping Agency) Outreach Office

·Tiffany Hill, DC Emergency Management Agency (DCEMA)

·Sue Kalweit, Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Chief, Integrated Geo-spatial
Preparedness Team

·Patrick Fowler, ESRI

·Patty Mims, ESRI

                                Agenda & Speakers:

·Art Wollan, Chief Imagery and Geospatial Intelligence Branch, US Coast Guard
Intelligence Coordination Center ("GIS Impact on Coast Guard Intelligence:
Securing the Ports")

·Joe Drummey, Deputy Director, Office of Americas, National Imagery and Mapping
Agency ("NIMA's Operational Support to Homeland Security")

·Tifanny Hill, DC Emergency Management Agency ("GIS Applications for Situational
Awareness")

·Frank Magasamen, Emergency Management Coordinator and Barbara Berquam, GIS
Coordinator, Black Hawk County, Iowa ("GIS supporting Homeland Security in Black
Hawk County, Iowa)

·Ivan Weichert, Kansas Information Technology Office ("Spatially Enabled Foreign
Animal Disease Incident Management System, State of Kansas")

·Speaker TBD, Los Alamos National Laboratory

We hope to see you at this conference.