Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Texas Republicans Suspend Democrats Wireless, Other Privileges

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 03:53:54 -0400

Oh No!, Not my cellphone! My parking space too?  I'm sure the renegade Senators
are scared (NOT)
What a lame move.......
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Texas Republicans Suspend Democrats Wireless, Other Privileges
On Friday, Texas republicans voted to suspend cell phone privileges to 11
democratic senators. The senators, that have stayed at an Albuquerque, N.M.
hotel since July 29, are denying the Texas Senate’s Republican majority the
quorum it needs to consider a GOP congressional redistricting plan.
Accordingly, in the democrats absence, they will experience suspended
wireless service if they fail to pay fines starting at $1,000 for Thursday and
doubling for each day missed, to a maximum of $5,000 a day. In addition to
suspended cell phone charges, the individuals will be faced with suspended
parking and other privileges.
=================================================================================

From lcsun-news.com

REGIONAL NEWS
Texas Republicans vote to suspend cell phone, parking privileges of exiled 11
By The Associated Press
Aug 16, 2003, 10:38

AUSTIN, Texas — With a band of Democratic lawmakers refusing to end their walkout,
Republicans on Friday approved a new piece of arm-twisting: yanking the rebels’
parking spaces, cell phones and other privileges.

Eleven Democratic senators have stayed at an Albuquerque, N.M., hotel since July
29, denying the Texas Senate’s Republican majority the quorum it needs to consider
a GOP congressional redistricting plan.

Republicans responded earlier this week by imposing fines on the traveling
Democrats, starting at $1,000 for Thursday and doubling for each day missed, to a
maximum of $5,000 a day, with the parking and cell phone sanctions as
punishment if the fines go unpaid.

In addition, the GOP resolution approved Friday includes limiting postage to $200
a month, taking away floor passes for senators’ staffers and eliminating all
purchasing  privileges.
http://www.currentargus.com/cgi-bin/artman/exec/view.cgi?archive=57&num=991

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/