Subject: [NEXTEL-1] "Da-Hammer"- Special Counsel Riley Hollingsworth (What 800 Mhz Needs)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2003 02:56:49 -0400

"Da-Hammer"- Special Counsel Riley Hollingsworth (What 800 Mhz Needs)
More On Amateur Radio operator Scott E. Kamm, NOUGN
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Amateur enforcement
Source: QST
Publication date: 2003-08-01
Arrival time: 2003-08-07

* FCC affirms hefty fine in interference case: The FCC has affirmed a
$12,000 fine against Technician-class Amateur Radio operator Scott E.
Kamm, NOUGN. The FCC released a Forfeiture Order May 7 alleging
willful and repeated interference, broadcasting of music and failing to
identify with his call sign. The FCC's Kansas City office issued a Notice of
Apparent Liability for Forfeiture (NAL) January 24, but, the FCC said,
Kamm never responded.

Kamm's station was in Waterbury, Nebraska, at the time he was cited last
fall, although the FCC already had granted his February 27, 2002,
application to change his mailing address to Sioux City, Iowa.

Responding to complaints of continuing interference on the input of a
2-meter repeater, FCC agents monitored the machine's input frequency
last December 9. They observed a very strong 146.31-MHz signal
interfering with amateur communications already in progress "consisting of
music, sound effects and unmodulated carriers" and no station ID.

The FCC twice tracked similar signals to Kamm's residence, inspected his
station and found a transceiver capable of operating on 146.31 MHz, the
FCC said. Kamm claimed no transmissions were made from his station.

During 2002, Kamm was the target of several letters and an FCC Warning
Notice from Special Counsel Riley Hollingsworth. Last fall, the FCC's
Wireless Telecommunications Bureau set aside Kamm's amateur license
renewal based upon complaints about the operation of his station and
questions regarding his qualifications to be a licensee. Kamm's amateur
license expired last September 29, and his license renewal application,
filed August 8, has reverted to pending status.

* FCC alleges Michigan ham engaged in deliberate interference, threats:
The FCC alleges that a Michigan ham engaged in deliberate interference
and broadcasting and threatened other amateurs, and it has sent Michael
Guernsey Sr, ND8V, of Parchment a tape recording to back up those
assertions. Since late 1998, Guernsey has been the recipient of seven
letters from FCC Special Counsel Riley Hollingsworth, including two
warning notices. In 2000, the FCC threatened to designate Guernsey's
license for a revocation and suspension hearing. Guernsey subsequently
agreed to a nine-month suspension of his HF privileges in 2001.

"The operation of your station over the last several years raises questions
about your qualifications to remain a Commission licensee," Hollingsworth
wrote Guernsey on April 7. The latest flap primarily involves complaints
from other amateurs of deliberate interference on 20 meters. The recorded
transmissions were made on March 26, 2003.

In his letter, Hollingsworth noted that some of the interference apparently
sprang from on-the-air personal disputes or from what Guernsey perceived
as deliberate interference to his transmissions. Even so, Hollingsworth
said, Guernsey has apparently ignored the Commission's written and
verbal warnings to not retaliate with similar behavior. Hollingsworth advised
Guernsey that the alleged deliberate retaliatory threats and transmissions
on top of other QSOs are contrary to FCC rules.

Hollingsworth said the FCC will use the information Guernsey submits to
decide whether to designate his license for a suspension and revocation
proceeding or to lift his voice privileges for the remainder of his license
term, which ends in 2012.

Hollingsworth issued similar words of caution to George Zardecki, N9VTB,
of Chicago, with whom, he says, Guernsey has squabbled on the air.
While Hollingsworth indicated that he would review and take action
regarding Zardecki's deliberate interference complaints, he advised
Zardecki that "in several instances, your own conduct was as bad or
worse than the party about whom you complained." He cautioned Zardecki
against retaliatory interference, slander and name calling.

http://cnniw.yellowbrix.com/pages/cnnmoney/Story.nsp?story_id=40708903&ID=cnnmoney&scategory=Telecommunications%3ARegulations&

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: "Todd Ellis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 07:31:03 -0400

I know about this guy, and have talked to him on the air a number of times
over the last ten years.  He's slipped a cog, no doubt, but there are
worse.he started his own war with Puerto Rico, claiming that they must speak
English so he can understand their hams on the air.  I think he either gets
into the ripple once too often and/or partakes in Peruvian Marching Powder
too.

Todd Ellis

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Friday, August 08, 2003 2:57 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [NEXTEL-1] "Da-Hammer"- Special Counsel Riley Hollingsworth (What
800 Mhz Needs)