Subject: [NEXTEL-1] RESEARCHERS ISSUE CAUTION CONCERNING POWER LINE USE

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 09 Aug 2003 16:13:53 -0400

From: QSL.net

RESEARCHERS ISSUE CAUTION CONCERNING POWER LINE USE

A team of Japanese researchers studying the effects of a power line communications
system have concluded that such
practice generates harmful interference levels in excess of acceptable standards
for radio astronomical observation in both the
HF and UHF bands. In a White Paper delivered to the International Symposium on
Power-Line Communications and Its Applications, the group organized by the
government's Ministry of Public Management, Home Affaires, Post and
Telecommunications (MPHPT) concluded that if power line communications systems
become commonplace, interference levels will further increase and the safe
operating distance for radio astronomical observation will also increase as a
result. (MPHPT)

http://www.qsl.net/jh5esm/PLC/isplc2003/isplc2003a7-1.pdf

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/