Subject: [NEXTEL-1] FCC Grants Authorization for New Wireless RFID

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 13:16:22 -0400

FCC Grants Authorization for New Wireless RFID

    PORTLAND, Maine, Aug. 22 /PRNewswire/ -- Parco Wireless has received
notification of an equipment authorization awarded by the Federal
Communications Commission (FCC) for the company's RFID UWB Precision Asset
Location system (FCC IDENTIFIER: QCJPAL650).  The Parco system utilizes ultra-
wideband pulses to provide sub-foot precision for the two-dimensional and
three-dimensional location of RFID tagged objects.  Scott Cohen, (CEO) views
the FCC's approval of the company's transmitting and tracking devices as a
major cost savings victory for the organizations that stand ready to benefit
from RFID (Radio Frequency Identification.)  "The FCC's approval of our RFID
tags opens the doors for hospital savings, potentially reducing the cost of
doing business by hundreds of thousands of dollars each year for every
facility that takes advantage of these systems."

    The savings for each institution is measured by the reduction of capital
assets purchased annually and increased efficiencies of workflow of operating
rooms.  Hospitals can realize major increases in efficiency by enjoying a
precise accounting of moveable hospital assets and patients.  "We know of some
hospitals that are losing upwards of $75,000 each month directly attributable
to lost equipment."  Mr. Cohen adds "For these facilities our systems will
provide a return on investment within a matter of months."

    The UWB RFID tag is roughly the same size of a wristwatch and can transmit
continuously for up to 5 years on a single button cell battery.  The RFID is
designed to be attached or embedded into moveable hospital patient equipment.
Once hospital equipment is outfitted with this device hospital staff can
readily account for its use status along with its current location to within a
foot of accuracy thus saving staff valuable time in managing the utilization
of their equipment.  Equipment theft by employees or service providers, or
loss from patient transfers leaving the facility can be greatly reduced or
eliminated.

    "This FCC approval now opens up a whole new chest of management tools and
processes that hospital CEOs, finance administrators, and nursing
administrators can use to plug holes in the continuum of patient care," says
Bertrand Dugal, President of Parco Wireless.  "But the biggest winner with
this award certification will most likely be the patient.  They will be
afforded a safer healing environment from better-maintained and cleaner
equipment.  As well, they will benefit from caregivers with more time to
dedicate to their hospital recovery."
    http://www.parcowireless.com

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/