Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Motorola targets public safety with technology releases

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 04:46:22 -0400

Motorola targets public safety with technology releases
August 12 12:17:00, 2003

SCHAUMBURG, Ill.—Motorola made a handful of public-safety related wireless
announcements in conjunction with this week’s Association of Public Safety
Communications Officials (APCO) conference in Indianapolis.

The supplier released a full suite of Project 25 integrated mobile, portable,
voice and data communications solutions, including trunking solutions, portable
radios, digital mobile radios, and interoperability and functionality
enhancements.  Motorola also unveiled Mission Critical IP, a solution that
provides Project 25 voice and advanced wireless data communications from a single
platform.

“Mission Critical IP is the industry’s only communications platform that couples
Project 25 trunked voice and high-speed IP data in one platform, enabling seamless
interoperability for all public-safety agencies,” explained Motorola’s Chuck
Jackson.
The company further zeroed in on the importance of interoperability between
disparate public safety agencies and jurisdictions by showcasing its integrated
Digital Justice Solution technology, its line of wireless technology designed for
the 700 MHz band, and its portfolio of Vital Response deployable gateway and
switch communications systems and equipment.

Finally, Motorola announced it has been chosen by Lane County, Ore., to design,
install and maintain an integrated Digital Justice Solution system valued at $7.7
million. The system will include computer-aided dispatch, records management and
mobile applications technologies that will allow agencies in the county to share
information and effectively communicate.

http://rcrnews.com/cgi-bin/news.pl?newsId=14663

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/