Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel Goes Down Again On (2nd) Second Black-Out

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 06:43:48 -0400

Nextel Goes Down Again On (2nd) Second Black Out

A Nextel Engineer reported sites went back down Friday on Staten Island's (NYC)
second black out. He said the batteries did not have enough time to recharge from
the 1st black-out. Even if they did the batteries would not have lasted durning
the Second Black out. He said things will not be back to normal until this week.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Second Blackout on Staten Island
Raises Councilman's Ire

(New York-WABC, August 18, 2003) — A second, six-hour blackout on
Staten Island on Friday has some city legislators riled.

After power was restored to the island between 1 a.m and 4 a.m. on
Friday, it subsequently went out again in southern areas later that
morning, at about 9:45 a.m., and stayed out till 4 p.m. in the afternoon.

City Councilman Andrew Lanza is asking why the rolling blackout policy
that was in effect Friday to ease demand didn't reactivate the area
sooner.

 http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/news/wabc_081803_staten.html

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/