Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Broadband over Power Lines- ORDER GRANTING AN EXTENSION OF TIME TO FILE REPLY COMMENTS

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2003 13:36:06 -0400

In the matter of
Inquiry Regarding Carrier Current Systems,
Including Broadband over Power Line Systems	
ET Docket No. 03-104

ORDER GRANTING AN EXTENSION OF TIME TO FILE REPLY COMMENTS

   Adopted:  August 1, 2003	Released:  August 1, 2003

By the Chief, Office of Engineering and Technology:

1. A Notice of Inquiry (NOI) in the above entitled proceeding was adopted by the
Commission on April 23, 2003, 18 FCC Rcd 28182 (2003).  Comments in this
proceeding were due on July 7, 2003, and reply comments are due on August 6, 2003.
2. On July 30, 2003, Southern LINC, Southern Telecom, and Southern Company
Services, Inc. (Southern) requested a 30 day extension of the reply comment
period.  Southern states that an extension is necessary to provide sufficient time
to analyze the large number of pleadings that have been filed, some of which,
Southern states, were not immediately available after they were filed.  Southern
urges the Commission to grant this request so that a full record can be developed
in this proceeding.
3. The Commission does not routinely grant extensions of time in rulemaking
proceedings.  However, because of the large number of filings received so far and
the complexity of the subject, we believe that a short extension of the reply
comment period will provide sufficient time for concerned parties to fully analyze
the information submitted in the comments.  
4. Accordingly, IT IS ORDERED, pursuant to the delegated authority contained in 47
C.F.R. §§ 0.31 and 0.241(a), that the time period for filing reply comments in the
above captioned proceeding IS EXTENDED to August 20, 2003.

					FEDERAL COMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION

					Edmond J. Thomas										Chief												Office of Engineering and
Technology					

http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-03-2590A1.doc

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/sO0ANB/LIdGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/