Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Siemens Supplies 3G UMTS to Vodafone

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 08:34:47 -0400

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/August2003/5740.htm

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

<script src="http://scripts.cgispy.com/randombanner/javarbanner.cgi?user=3Gtelecoms" language="JavaScript">
</script>

3G
HOME ssAdvertising
and Sponsorship ssFREE
Daily 3G Newsletter

ALL
TODAY'S PRESS RELEASES SEE BELOW

Siemens
Supplies 3G UMTS to Vodafone

19th
August 2003

Europe
: Siemens has now signed an agreement with Panafon Greek Telecommunications
Company S.A. (Vodafone Greece) for Vodafone's Greece UMTS deployment.
The Siemens Information and Communication Mobile Group (Siemens mobile)
will equip the Greek subsidiary of the Vodafone Group with UMTS radio
access technology. Siemens will begin setting up the network in Greece
already in the third quarter of 2003. Siemens has thus succeeded in winning
Vodafone Greece as a new customer for mobile radio infrastructure.

Siemens mobile is
supplying and installing all the infrastructure components for setting
up the UMTS radio network and the accompanying network management system.
In the first phase, Vodafone Greece wants to cover the Athens conurbation,
this should be ready by end 2003. Vodafone Greece, majority owned by
Vodafone Group plc, the world's largest mobile telecommunications company
(65.4 percent), and the Greek telecommunications group Intracom (9.4
percent), is the second largest mobile provider in Greece with more
than 3.6 million customers and a market share of 34.7 percent.

"The many years
of successful cooperation worldwide with Siemens will be expanded now
to cover the UMTS network in Greece. Through this we will soon be able
to offer our customers in Greece innovative third-generation mobile
services", said George Koronias, CEO Vodafone Greece.

"This 25th
network operator order continues our UMTS success story, which we have
built up with our partner NEC. We are pleased that Vodafone Greece has
now also opted for our powerful third-generation mobile solutions",
said Lothar Pauly, Boardmember of the Siemens Information and Communication
Mobile Group.

TODAY'S
PRESS RELEASES

Siemens
Supplies 3G UMTS to Vodafone

Siemens
mobile is supplying and installing all the infrastructure components for
setting up the UMTS radio network and the accompanying network management
system.

KDDI
Upgrades to Latest Openwave Mobile Browser

Openwave
Systems Inc. announced that KDDI, Japan's major total communications operator
and ubiquitous solution company, has upgraded to Openwave Mobile Browser
Version 6.2

Camera-Phone
Market Set To Double

According
to a report released today by ARC Group, by the end of 2003 more than 55
million consumers worldwide will own camera-phone handsets, more than doubling

3G
Wireless Data Network for Centennial

Under
an agreement announced today, Nortel Networks will replace Centennial Dominicana's
existing CDMA 3G network with a complete CDMA2000 1X 3G solution

3G
Memory Stick Duo Cards

The
new Memory Stick Duo cards are targeted at the new generation of 2.5G and
3G mobile phones

US
Samsung Camera Phone

The
PCS Vision Picture Phone VGA1000 by Samsung is the latest in a line-up of
high quality, easy-to-use stylish products and features:

3G
Player Acquired

NVIDIA
announced that it has signed a definitive agreement to acquire MediaQ, Inc.,
the leading provider of graphics and multimedia technology for wireless
mobile devices.

3G
Future Success

Despite
the number of 2G and 2.5G contracts signed, future strength in this market
lies in the 3G, WCDMA segment

$30
Million 3G Investment Shanghai

hanghai
is going to become the second production location worldwide for W-CDMA technology
from Siemens

3G
Handsets All At Sea

Motorola,
announced that Conrad Humphreys will be using Motorola’s A830 handsets
to help in his attempt to win the famous Fastnet Race

Danish
3G Launch in 2003

The
telecom company 3 is expecting its network to cover at least 30% of the
Danish population by launch in the fourth quarter of 2003.

Americas
Likes GSM Wireless

GSM
has the highest annual growth of any wireless technology in Latin America
and the Caribbean with a 121% increase in customers from June 2002 to June
2003

3G
Home

3G
Forum

Subscribe
To Newsletter

3G
Press Releases

3G
Phone Zone

3G
Fun Zone

3G
New Launches

3G
Events

3G
Reports

3G
Directory

Advertise

All
Material Subject to Copyright. All logos, graphics and trademarks are the
property of their respective owners.