Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Over US$1 million worth of mobiles stolen

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 03:09:06 -0400

Over US$1 million worth of mobiles stolen

West Midland's Police are appealing for witnesses following the theft of a lorry
with over £1m worth of mobile phones and X-box consuls on board. The theft took
place between 6.20-6.35am yesterday, Monday 11 August as the lorry was parked
outside a branch of the UK's largest cellphone retailer, Carphone Warehouse in
Wednesbury. The lorry, a white Scania truck with an attacked fixed box trailer
contained over 7000 Nokia mobile phones-including 6310is, 5100s and 3410s -trade
value US$1.25 million and over 1000 X-box consuls used for playing games.

The tractor unit of the lorry was later recovered abandoned at Hilton Trading
Estate in Hilton Road, Lanesfield, Wolverhampton- about 1pm yesterday. the trailer
and it's load of phones were missing.

DI Carl Southwick from West Bromwich police said: "Police want to trace a white
man aged in his early 30s, 5'8 with blond hair, clean shaven and with a beer
belly, wearing a light grey hooded top- he was seen near to the lorry when it was
stolen."

DI Southwick added: "All the phones stolen have now been rendered unusable, if
anyone is offered a cheap mobile for sale, especially of that make, the police
want to hear about it."

There is a substantial reward on offer by the company for information leading to
the arrest and conviction of the persons responsible.

Anyone with information should contact police at West Bromwich on 0845 113 5000.

Posted to the site on 13-Aug-03

http://www.cellular-news.com/story/9514.shtml

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/