Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Flarion Launches Wireless Operations in Japan

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2003 01:21:51 -0400

Flarion Launches Wireless Operations in Japan
5th August 2003

US : Flarion Technologies, the architect of the IP-friendly flash-OFDM® wireless
broadband system for data and voice services, today announced that it is
continuing its global expansion with the establishment of sales and marketing
operations in
Tokyo, Japan, with the appointment of Mr. Hiroyuki Kawabata as Country Manager of
Flarion Japan.

"The timing is right to continue our expansion within Asia Pacific by opening an
office in Japan, another leading country in the adoption of broadband wireless to
improve lifestyle and business," said HJ Kim, Vice President and General Manager
of Asia Pacific for Flarion Technologies. "Mr. Kawabata is an industry veteran who
will help foster strong relationships with leading operators and equipment vendors
in Japan."

As the Country Manager for Japan, Mr. Hiroyuki Kawabata leads all aspects of
Flarion's customer engagements, sales and marketing in Japan. Previously, Mr.
Kawabata held sales and management positions with leading data and
telecommunications companies, including New Century GlobalNet, Stratus Computer,
British Telecom, TWG (The Walter Group) and Accessline.
With Flarion's IP friendly flash-OFDM technology, mobile operators can seamlessly
connect corporate LANs with a wireless Wide Area Network with the speed and low
packet latency that exceed stringent corporate network requirements. This, along
with large-scale IP Quality of Service (QoS) control, enables mobile enterprise
users to experience comparable performance, security and bandwidth allocation to
what they would on their office Local Area Network (LAN) environment, without
making any modifications to user settings, applications, protocols, content or
devices.

Flarion has already established an office in Seoul, Korea and is conducting trials
with SK Telecom, KT, and Hanaro.

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/August2003/5699.htm

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/sO0ANB/LIdGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/