Subject: [NEXTEL-1] New 3G Handset-Person-to-person video calling

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 04:58:07 -0400

Person-to-person video calling

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/August2003/5774.htm
--

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

<script src="http://scripts.cgispy.com/randombanner/javarbanner.cgi?user=3Gtelecoms" language="JavaScript">
</script>

3G
HOME ssAdvertising
and Sponsorship ssFREE
Daily 3G Newsletter

ALL
TODAY'S PRESS RELEASES SEE BELOW

New
3G Handset

29th August 2003

Europe
: Motorola and 3, the video mobile network, announced the arrival of
their most advanced handset to date - the Motorola A920. The handset
has a full-colour widescreen display designed to showcase 3's person-to-person
video calling capabilities, as well as its exclusive video content.

The revolutionary
Motorola A920 sets a new standard for the mobile industry and brings
enhanced functionality to customers of 3's video mobile network. A mobile
phone, video and still camera, a PDA, an MP3 player and a gaming capability
have been combined into one product.

The Motorola A920's
65,000+ colour screen - which can also hold up to 20 lines of text -
will show video content, such as Barclaycard Premiership goals and the
latest film clips, with an impressive clarity and resolution. The handset
was jointly developed by 3 and Motorola, exclusively for the 3 video
mobile network.

A true technology
companion, with this new handset 3 customers will be able to:

Make real time video
calls to friends, family or colleagues via a digital, built in video
camera. Great for sharing memories or special occasions with other 3
video mobile customers

The
Motorola A920 Specification Details

Buy
This Phone

View music videos,
movie trailers, sports or news clips at near broadcast quality

Find the nearest
café, restaurant, shops or cinema, thanks to the 3's location
services and the new Assisted Global Positioning System (AGPS) capability
of the Motorola A920.

Listen to music
using the phone as a personal stereo with an integrated MP3 player and
a built in speaker as well as separate headphones.

Make or receive
calls at the same time as accessing 3's content areas and downloading
video or audio clips.

Use the phone internationally.
Customers can make calls (including North America via the tri-band operation).

Although the product
is packed full of the latest technology, it is very simple to use. The
touch screen uses a stylus pen and handwriting recognition technology.
The menu system is navigated via icons on the touch screen, as well
as dedicated 'hot buttons' for the most popular applications such as,
'home' and '3 services '. When browsing, the 'forward' and 'back' options
operate just like on a PC.

The Motorola A920
runs on the latest version of the open operating system, Symbian OS
v7.0 and incorporates their latest pen-based user interface. Applications
can be downloaded, such as games based on Java and C++., from 3. This
will allow consumers to update their handsets regularly with new applications
and content.

The A920 can also
double up as a separate, hand-held gaming console. Flip the phone on
its side and use the console-style game controls, including a four-way
keypad to play Java-based games.

An expansion memory
card is also available for up to 256 extra Mb of space for multimedia
files. The phone also offers more basic mobile phone functionality such
as text and picture messaging.

The Motorola A920
will be available in 3 outlets and from selected retail partners from
September 2003.

NEC
e606 Phone Review
: Read
MORE

Free
3G Phones

TODAY'S
PRESS RELEASES

3G
Home

3G
Forum

Subscribe
To Newsletter

3G
Press Releases

3G
Phone Zone

3G
Fun Zone

3G
New Launches

3G
Events

3G
Reports

3G
Directory

Advertise

All
Material Subject to Copyright. All logos, graphics and trademarks are the
property of their respective owners.