Subject: [NEXTEL-1] EFJohnson Announces Product Enhancements Targeted At The Federal Market

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 05:51:36 -0400

EFJohnson Announces Product Enhancements Targeted At The Federal Market

Washington, DC – August 11, 2003-- EFJ, Inc.’s (OTC Bulletin Board: EFJI)
subsidiary, EFJohnson Company (EFJohnson), announces enhancements to its 5100
Portable and 5300 Mobile radio product lines. These enhancements, targeted at the
federal public safety and homeland security markets, are being made to increase
flexibility and interoperability between public safety personnel and first
responders at the federal, state and local levels.

The first of these enhancements increases the frequency range of the 5100 Portable
and the 5300 Mobile to include the DOD 380-403 MHz operating band requirements
which complements EFJohnson’s existing product offerings. The 5100 Portable and
the 5300 Mobile currently provide wideband and narrowband conventional analog as
well as narrowband digital operation. In addition, these software based radios,
offer SMARTNET II?/SmartZone?, Multi-Net?, and Project 25 conventional and
trunking protocols, all selectable on one radio.

EFJohnson is also proud to announce the release of AES encryption which provides
increased communication security over DES/DES-OFB/DES-XL encryption which is
currently offered.

“We are extremely proud of these advances in our 5100 portable and 5300 mobile
radios and believe these targeted enhancements are a significant step in
EFJohnson’s continuous drive to meet market needs” said Michael Jalbert, EFJ, Inc.
chairman and chief executive officer.

“These product enhancements address specific needs to have secure communications
in our target market segment - public safety and service”, said Denny Blaine,
EFJohnson executive vice president of sales and marketing. “These features allow
our subscriber products to operate in the frequencies specifically created for
Federal Government LMR professionals and have already resulted in multiple new
orders for EFJohnson”, he added.

Celebrating its 80th anniversary in 2003, EFJohnson provides digital Project 25
compliant interoperable wireless communications systems solutions for federal,
state and local agencies involved with homeland security and public safety.
EFJohnson was one of the first developers of wireless communications products to
be fully compliant with federal government interoperability specifications. The
company designs, manufactures and markets conventional and trunked radio systems,
land mobile radio repeaters and mobile and portable radios. For more information,
visit www.efjohnson.com.
EFJ, Inc. is the holding company of industry-leading wireless telecommunications
equipment and solutions businesses. EFJ, Inc. is home to the EFJohnson Company,
one of the first developers of Project 25 mobile communications products compliant
with federal government interoperability standards, and Transcrypt International,
a leader in secure voice communication solutions. 2003 marks the 80th anniversary
of EFJohnson and the 25th anniversary of Transcrypt International. EFJ, Inc. has a
proven leadership team in place with experience in telecommunications and
government sales. For more information, visit www.efji.com.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/