Subject: [NEXTEL-1] FEDERAL REGISTER PUBLISHES MEDIA OWNERSHIP RULES

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2003 17:36:49 -0400

-------- Original Message --------
From: "Neil Lehto" <[email-masked]>
Subject: [municable] FEDERAL REGISTER PUBLISHES MEDIA OWNERSHIP RULES

In today's Federal Register, the US government officially published the
new FCC rules on media ownership. Included in the register are the
Broadcast Ownership Rules, Cross-Ownership of Broadcast Stations and
Newspapers, Multiple Ownership of Radio Broadcast Stations in Local
Markets, and Definition of Radio Markets. This official publication of
the rules is significant, because it acknowledges that the rules will
take affect in 30 days. Similarly, petitions for reconsideration are due
at the FCC within 30 days.
SOURCE: Federal Register
http://www.access.gpo.gov/su_docs/fedreg/a030805c.html
Text of new rules:
http://a257.g.akamaitech.net/7/257/2422/14mar20010800/edocket.access.gpo
.gov
/2003/03-19106.htm
Text of proposed rules regarding the definition of radio markets for
areas not located in an Arbitron survey area:
http://a257.g.akamaitech.net/7/257/2422/14mar20010800/edocket.access.gpo
.gov
/2003/03-19091.htmIn today's Federal Register, the US government
officially published the new FCC rules on media ownership. Included in
the register are the Broadcast Ownership Rules, Cross-Ownership of
Broadcast Stations and Newspapers, Multiple Ownership of Radio Broadcast
Stations in Local Markets, and Definition of Radio Markets. This
official publication of the rules is significant, because it
acknowledges that the rules will take affect in 30 days. Similarly,
petitions for reconsideration are due at the FCC within 30 days.
SOURCE: Federal Register
http://www.access.gpo.gov/su_docs/fedreg/a030805c.html
Text of new rules:
http://a257.g.akamaitech.net/7/257/2422/14mar20010800/edocket.access.gpo
.gov
/2003/03-19106.htm
Text of proposed rules regarding the definition of radio markets for
areas not located in an Arbitron survey area:
http://a257.g.akamaitech.net/7/257/2422/14mar20010800/edocket.access.gpo
.gov
/2003/03-19091.htm

NEW ADDRESSES AND BUSINESS TELEPHONE NUMBER EFFECTIVE AUGUST 16, 2003: 

[email-masked]

Neil J. Lehto
Attorney and Counselor at Law 
4035 Iverness Lane
West Bloomfield, MI 48323 
248 851-4276

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Rent DVDs Online - Over 14,500 titles.
No Late Fees & Free Shipping.
Try Netflix for FREE!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/YoVfrB/XP.FAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/