Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Microwave Data Systems, Twin Eagle Consulting, LLC Build Wireless Network for Casper, Wyoming Municipalities

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2003 03:16:34 -0400

Press Release

Microwave Data Systems, Twin Eagle Consulting, LLC Build Wireless Network for
Casper, Wyoming Municipalities

Rochester, NY

July 22, 2003

The Casper City Council solidified negotiations with Twin Eagle Consulting, LLC
(http://www.twineagleconsulting.com/) of Lake George, Colo., passing two
resolutions in May that allowed the city to purchase a new in-vehicle
communications system for the city’s police and fire vehicles. The radio network
will be composed of MDS (http://www.microwavedata.com/) iNET 900TM radios and
Panasonic mobile data computers and hardware. 

“The radio and computer systems will work together to create a system in which the
city’s police officers and firefighters will be able to access an enormous amount
of data from their vehicles,” Casper Police Chief Tom Pagel and Mark Harshman, the
chief of operations for the Fire Department, said. 

All 46 vehicles will be networked on a wireless Internet Protocol (IP)/Ethernet
system where officers and firefighters will have real-time access to send and
receive mission-critical data such as license plates, fingerprints, mug shots,
vehicle location, and building plans. 

“What this new system will do is instead of voice messaging, it will be data
messaging,” Pagel said. “So we will have computers in each of the patrol cars and
the officers will actually be able to do their inquires right from the cars.” 

The advantages of this type of in-vehicle connectivity are abundant for Casper’s
Police and Fire Departments. It allows for increased safety, efficiency, and
tactical advantages that were not possible before. 

“First of all, it is much faster. Secondly, there is an officer safety issue, I
mean the officer knows quicker, he has photos available to him,” Pagel said. “It
is a much quicker, much faster, much safer system.”

http://www.microwavedata.com/news/pressrelease/static/55.asp

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/sO0ANB/LIdGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/