Subject: [NEXTEL-1] FCC & The Bird Nuts-

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 04:27:19 -0400

FCC & The Bird Nuts-

8/19/03

The FCC is expected to release a formal notice of inquiry today into
guidelines concerning wireless communications towers and migratory
birds. Conservation groups like Friends of the Earth and the American
Bird Conservancy petitioned the FCC last spring to take a look at the
environmental rules governing construction of wireless communications
towers, especially along the Gulf Coast. In April, FCC Chairman Michael
Powell said the agency would focus on scientific evidence of avian
mortality at tower sites, using, primarily, information from the U.S. Fish
and Wildlife Service and Environmental Protection Agency.

www.wow-com.com

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/