Subject: [NEXTEL-1] RM-10762 Petition to Allow GPS Data on GMRS? -UPDATED-

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 17:28:12 -0400

Bad news for an already beleaguered GMRS band:
More noise pollution in the offing...

This is one example of precisely the sort of thing spectrum stakeholders
in this group want to put a lid on.  Trust me, the FCC will not think
this one through. -A. Dixon, Pop'Comm

---------------------------------------------------
CONSUMER & GOVERNMENTAL AFFAIRS BUREAU
REFERENCE INFORMATION CENTER

PETITION FOR RULEMAKING FILED

Report No. 2619
August 6, 2003

RM-10762

Interested persons may file statements opposing or supporting the
Petitions for Rulemaking listed herein within 30 days...

Garmin International, Inc.

"Request Amendment of the Commission’s
Rules to Authorize Manufacture, Sale and
Use of GPS Transmission Enhanced General
Mobile Radio Service (GMRS) Units"

http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-237366A1.doc
http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-237366A1.pdf
http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-237366A1.txt

--

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: Jack Daniel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2003 15:37:48 -0700

Alan,
Without me going through the filing deatils, is this the same thing as
Garmin's existing Rhino Series radios?

http://www.gpsmarketplace.com/garmin-rinotext.html

================================

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2003 20:27:00 -0400

The GMRS fanatic's are going to have a COW......Mooooooover FRS Data here comes GMRS data!

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG