Subject: [NEXTEL-1] General Dynamics division seeks tactical-radio development deal Dynamics Decision Systems

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2003 04:28:20 -0400

9:55 AM MST Tuesday

General Dynamics division seeks tactical-radio development deal  Dynamics Decision
Systems, a Scottsdale-based business unit of General Dynamics, will lead a team
competing for a contract to bring miniaturized software-defined radio technology
to the U.S. Armed Forces.

According to a company announcement released Tuesday, Cluster 5 of the Joint
Tactical Radio System (JTRS) program will give U.S forces three different device
types: manpack, handheld, and small-form fit.  JTRS consists of
software-programmable and hardware-configurable digital radio equipment that
provides flexibility and adaptability to
fighting forces.

The development contract is scheduled to be awarded in early 2004 and could lead
to radio procurements in excess of $1 billion for the next 10 years.  General
Dynamics is leading a team that includes BAE Systems, Wayne, N.J.; Rockwell
Collins, Cedar Rapids, Iowa and Thales Communications of Clarksburg, Md. The
General Dynamics team is also supported by Motorola, Schaumberg, Ill.; Vanu Inc.,
Cambridge, Mass.; Agile Communications, Rancho Cucamonga, Calif.; Altera, San
Jose, Calif.; and RedZone Robotics, Pittsburgh.

General Dynamics Decision Systems provides products and systems for information
assurance, interoperability and battlefield
management/command and control for defense and industrial customers. Its parent
company, General Dynamics of Falls Church, Va., employs about 64,600 people
worldwide and anticipates 2003 revenues of $15.5 billion.

For more: www.generaldynamics.com.

More SDR:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/message/9745
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/message/9309

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/