Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Detroit Police to implement IP-based Mobile Data System

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2003 02:24:54 -0400

Press Release

Detroit Police Department Selects  IPMobileNet Mobile Data System

IRVINE, CALIFORNIA

July 25, 2003

The Detroit Police Department has selected IPMobileNet

(http://www.ipmobilenetinc.com) to provide the city’s new digital mobile data
system.  The upgrade of the radio infrastructure and radios is the first step in a
large-scale mobile data and reporting project.  The contract was awarded by the
city to prime contractor Tiburon Incorporated (http://www.tibinc.com/), an
industry-leading provider of complete, integrated public safety and justice
systems headquartered in Fremont, California.  Independence Communications,
IPMobileNet’s top reseller for 2002, was subcontracted by Tiburon and issued the
purchase orders for the IP series system and related computer equipment.

IPMobileNet will provide more than 500 IP Series mobile radios, at least 16 fixed
site base stations, and a fault tolerant control system that will provide an added
level of security and reliability.   The IP Series system features integrated
Global Positioning System (GPS) technology and end-to-end Internet Protocol (IP)
connectivity, which creates a wireless wide area network (WAN) that will allow
Detroit’s police officers to access state and federal data, run motor vehicle
checks from their patrol cars. The system will also be capable of vehicle
location, and routing.  The city of Detroit will use the system for mobile
messaging, report writing, and a variety of other initiatives intended to improve
the safety and efficiency of the city’s police force.

“The city of Detroit will soon have one of the most advanced communications
systems in law enforcement,” said Don DiGeronimo, President of Independence
Communications (http://www.independencecomm.com/HTML/about.html) “By utilizing 
our
large system integration capabilities, we will work closely with the city to
insure a successful system installation, and we look forward to providing our
world class support to the Detroit Police Department. We are also pleased to
continue to expand our relationship with IPMobileNet, and we congratulate them on
another success in this highly competitive market.”

“We are delighted that IPMobileNet has again been chosen to deploy the IP Series
system in support of one the largest police departments in the country. The city
of Detroit evaluated many options, and in the end, decided to go with
IPMobileNet’s robust and proven solution for its mission critical communications,”
said Keith Cowan, President and CEO.

“We are pleased that the city of Detroit has selected the IP Series system. Their
decision once again validates our position as an industry leader in cost and
performance,” said Brian Purcell, Vice President of Sales and Marketing.  
“IPMobileNet has a long-standing relationship with the city of Detroit, and we are
happy to continue to serve their mobile data needs with our best-in-class
solution.”   In addition to radios, base stations and controllers, IPMobileNet
will provide its mobile messaging software package DataLink™, as well as a message
switch upgrade. This will allow the large installed fleet of mobile data terminals
(MDTs) running on the old radio system to communicate with the new IP-based
laptops and fixed-mounted computers in the vehicles, and offers a smoother
transition to the new system for the city’s police officers.

http://www.ipmobilenetinc.com/PressReleases/Detroit-072103.htm

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/sO0ANB/LIdGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/