Subject: [NEXTEL-1] MSV Setting up Demos of Satellite Packet Data, Radio-Dispatch Systems, Testing Interoperability With Intergraph Product

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 06:04:18 -0400

MSV Joins SAIC's Public
Safety Integration Center,
Focused on Solving First
Responder
Wireless-Interoperability
Issues

MSV Setting up Demos of Satellite Packet Data, Radio-Dispatch Systems, Testing
Interoperability With Intergraph Product
RESTON, Va., Aug. 12 /PRNewswire/ -- Mobile Satellite Ventures (MSV) has announced
today at the APCO International 69th Annual Conference & Exposition in
Indianapolis that Science Applications International Corp. (SAIC) has added MSV to
its list of more than 100 vendors and service providers in the Public Safety
Integration Center (PSIC).

Opened in early January 2003 in McLean, Va., SAIC's PSIC features some of the best
hardware, services and integration solutions available to public safety users.
The PSIC serves as a live demonstration center and incubator for local, state,
federal homeland security and Department of Defense (DoD) Homeland Defense clients
to develop complete solutions to their homeland security-technology challenges -
from policy, to engineering and integration, to practice.

"PSIC is all about improving public safety communications and we are proud to
support SAIC in that mission," said Carson Agnew, president and COO, MSV.  "MSV
already has significant experience in public safety communications, and we look
forward to cooperatively solving today's tough interoperability challenges with
agencies at all levels of government." Serving as a PSIC wireless vendor, MSV has
installed working demos of its dispatch radio and packet data services.

 MSV also is working with Intergraph Public Safety, another PSIC vendor, to
evaluate interoperability of Intergraph's computer-aided dispatch service over
MSV's L-band network, which supports 1.5 GHz communications across North America.
"Satellite, particularly dispatch capabilities and mobile data, are fundamental
elements that we are integrating in the PSIC, where we are focusing on
communications interoperability and content interoperability.  Our Federal and
state customers are already using the Center to envision how they would
interoperate with others," said Bob Desourdis, SAIC's director for the PSIC.  "MSV
will play a role in the Center's plans to demonstrate interoperability of systems
from satellite, terrestrial wireless and land-mobile radio system operators."

About SAIC

SAIC is the nation's largest employee-owned research and engineering company,
providing information technology, systems integration and eSolutions to commercial
and government customers.  SAIC engineers and scientists work to solve complex
technical problems in national and homeland security, energy, the environment,
space, telecommunications, health care, transportation and logistics.  With annual
revenues of $5.9 billion, SAIC and its subsidiaries, including Telcordia
Technologies, have more than 40,000 employees at offices in more than 150 cities
worldwide.  More information about SAIC can be found at http://www.saic.com.

About Intergraph Public Safety

Intergraph Public Safety develops Windows-based systems designed for public safety
agencies, commercial fleet operations, campus, military base, and airport
security.  IPS systems are complete, integrated solutions including computer aided
dispatch, fire and police records management, mobile data computing, and jail
management systems.
A wholly owned subsidiary of Intergraph Corporation, Intergraph Public Safety is
headquartered in Huntsville, Alabama USA.  Intergraph common stock trades on The
NASDAQ Stock Market under the symbol: INGR.  Visit

http://www.intergraph.com/pubsafety for more information.

About Mobile Satellite Ventures

MSV is North America's premier provider of mobile satellite communications
solutions.  Delivering service since 1996, MSV offers customers a wide choice of
wireless data, voice, fax and dispatch radio services via its two MSAT satellites.
MSV is headquartered in Reston, Va., with an office in Ottawa, ON, Canada.  For
more information, visit MSV online at http://www.msvlp.com.
Contact:
Anne Wainscott                 Zuraidah Hoffman, Public Affairs
For MSV                        SAIC - Washington Operations
678.352.0009                   703.676.2541
[email-masked]                   [email-masked]

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=SVBIZINK3.story&STORY=/www/story/08-12-2003/0001999295&EDATE=TUE+Aug+12+2003,+09:03+AM

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/