Subject: [NEXTEL-1] QUALCOMM and Wal-Mart Partner to Alert Truck Drivers About Missing Children

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 13:05:48 -0400

QUALCOMM and Wal-Mart Partner to Alert Truck Drivers About Missing Children

- Companies to Issue Missing Children Alerts via In-Cab Messaging Units in
Effort to Recover Abducted Children -

SAN DIEGO, Aug. 27 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- QUALCOMM Incorporated
(Nasdaq: QCOM), the leader in mobile communications for the transportation
industry, and Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE: WMT), the global leader in
retailing, today announced that the companies will partner to increase support
of the nation's AMBER Plan program through Wal-Mart's newly created
"Roadwatch: Missing Child Alert" system.  Together the companies will issue
the alerts that come through the National Center for Missing and Exploited
Children to drivers of Wal-Mart trucks nationwide via QUALCOMM's OmniTRACS(R)
mobile communications system.  This program expands Wal-Mart's "Missing
Children's Network" efforts to the nation's highways and the watchful eyes of
the trucking fleet's drivers.  The "Missing Children's Network" is a
partnership between Wal-Mart and the National Center for Missing and Exploited
Children.

"As the watchdogs of America's highways, truck drivers have the unique
ability to help identify and report vehicles and individuals who may be
involved in child abductions," said Chris Wolfe, president of QUALCOMM
Wireless Business Solutions.  "By providing timely AMBER alerts directly to
drivers in their cabs, we hope to assist in rescuing the hundreds of children
who are abducted each year."

"Wal-Mart is committed to helping keep kids safe, and the 'Roadwatch:
Missing Child Alert' program allows us to expand our efforts beyond the
Wal-Mart stores to the highways," said Dave Reiff, senior vice president of
transportation for Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.  "We're excited to deploy the
'Roadwatch: Missing Child Alert' system and enable our truck drivers to
support the nation's AMBER Plan program and help contribute to the recovery of
missing children in the United States."

The AMBER Plan is a voluntary partnership between law-enforcement agencies
and broadcasters to activate an urgent bulletin in the most serious
child-abduction cases.  It was created in 1996 as a legacy to 9-year-old Amber
Hagerman, who was kidnapped while riding her bicycle in Arlington, Texas, and
then brutally murdered.  In response to this heinous crime, Dallas-Fort Worth
broadcasters teamed with local police to develop an early warning system to
help find abducted children.

NCMEC, a private, 501 (c)(3) nonprofit organization, works in cooperation
with the U.S. department of Justice's Office of Juvenile Justice and
Delinquency Prevention.  NCMEC was established in 1984 as a public-private
partnership to help find missing children and combat child sexual
exploitation.  It has assisted local law-enforcement agencies on more than
89,000 missing child cases, helping to reunite more than 73,000 children with
their families.  Today, the organization reports a 94-percent recovery rate.
For more information about NCMEC, call 1-800-THE-LOST, or visit
http://www.missingkids.com.

Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. operates more than 2,900 discount stores,
Supercenters and Neighborhood Markets, and more than 525 SAM'S CLUBS in the
United States.  Last year Wal-Mart associates raised and contributed
$200 million to support communities and local non-profit organizations.  More
information about Wal-Mart can be located on-line at http://www.walmartstores.com
and
http://www.walmart.com.  The SAM'S CLUB Web site can be accessed at
http://www.samsclub.com.
And more information about Wal-Mart's Good. Works. community involvement is
available online at http://www.walmartfoundation.org.

QUALCOMM has helped the transportation industry become more efficient
since 1988 when the introduction of the OmniTRACS mobile communications system
provided transportation companies with an innovative and effective way of
managing logistics.  Today, QUALCOMM's fleet management solutions continue to
set the standard by offering products and services that meet and exceed the
demands of a constantly changing marketplace.  Now with OmniExpress(R), a
CDMA-based digital wireless communications and tracking system;
GlobalTRACS(R), an equipment management system for the construction equipment
industry; and other industry-leading technologies, QUALCOMM continues to
expand into new mobile markets.

QUALCOMM is the industry's global leader in providing high-value wireless
data solutions with a Network Management Center that processes more than seven
million transactions each day and has shipped nearly 480,000 QUALCOMM mobile
systems to businesses in more than 39 countries on four continents.
QUALCOMM Incorporated (http://www.qualcomm.com) is a leader in developing and
delivering innovative digital wireless communications products and services
based on the Company's CDMA digital technology.  Headquartered in San Diego,
Calif., QUALCOMM is included in the S&P 500 Index and is a 2003 FORTUNE 500(R)
company traded on The Nasdaq Stock Market(R) under the ticker symbol QCOM.

QUALCOMM, OmniTRACS, OmniExpress and GlobalTRACS are registered trademarks
of QUALCOMM Incorporated.  All other trademarks are the property of their
respective owners.

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/08-27-2003/0002007144&EDATE=

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/