Subject: [mobile-ip] NOMS 2004 - Nine days to the Deadline - 15th August 2003

From: Carlos Becker Westphall <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 09:23:37 -0400 (WST)

***** Paper submission deadline extended to Friday 15th August 2003 *****

        Network Operation & Management Symposium 2004 

"Managing Next Generation Convergence Networks and Services"

                Seoul Korea, 19-23, April 2004

See < http://www.noms2004.org/> for latest information

The 9th IEEE/IFIP Network Operations and Management Symposium (NOMS 2004)
will be held 19-23 April, 2004 at Seoul, Korea. Held in the even-numbered
years since 1988, NOMS 2004 will continue the established tradition of
NOMS and IM as the primary forum for technical exchange of research,
standards, development, systems integrator, service providers, and user
communities. NOMS 2004 will present the latest approaches and technical
solutions in the area of network operations and management. An exciting,
peer-reviewed program of technical sessions, tutorials, posters, panels
and vendor exhibits will address the ever-increasing interest in overall
management solutions for all types of communications and computing
networks, systems, services and enterprise applications.

The concept of network convergence has recently emerged as a new attempt
for the merging of telephony and data networks into a single,
multi-service network exploiting the ubiquity of the Internet Protocol.
For this increasingly attractive business model, in both wired and
wireless domains, strategic research is required to devise the best
integration architectures, operations and management solutions. This
creates a unique opportunity for the network operation and management
community to respond to the ever-increasing demand for network resilience,
security, quality-of-service and mobility management at unprecedented
scales. The NOMS 2004 provides the forum for discussing these research
challenges and many others inherent to the integrated management of next
generation converged networks and services.

This year NOMS 2004 will broaden the scope of previous IM and NOMS by
expanding its program to include a broader set of topics ranging from
network operation and management to network planning, service engineering
and business processes for network and service management. Special
attention will be given to experiences that emphasize lessons learned and
reports on practice from industry. Authors are invited to submit complete
unpublished papers, which are not under review in any other conference or
journal. Authors are also invited to submit proposals for tutorials, panel
discussions, poster demonstrations, or birds-of-a-feather sessions.

Important Dates:
Deadline  for  Submitting  Papers: 15  August   2003
Deadline  for  Tutorials, Panels and  Posters:  1 October  2003
Notification of Acceptance:15 November 2003
Deadline for Submitting Revised Papers:15 December 2003