Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Re: In building coverage: FCC Rule Violation

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 21:59:09 -0400

-------- Original Message --------
From: Jack Daniel <[email-masked]>
Subject:  Re: In building coverage: FCC Rule Violation

Fortunatly, well designed and properly installed signal boosters do NOT
go into oscillation. 

But there's at least one cheap brand that can't take Arizona's heat and
several installations have become high power sweep generators in the
afternoon, blocking mountain top sites a couple of miles away.

Another problem arises when someone takes a 'cellular booster' designed
for a sailboat or auto and pastes the on-glass antenna to the 20th floor
office window and sticks a cheap mag mount antenn on the side of a file
cabinet. These things have a 3rd order intercept point of about +26 dBm
(which is designed for ONE <600 milliwatt cellular handset carrier 50
feet away). They hit it with a 2 - 4 watt 800 MHz handheld and it spews
more IM power than carrier out to the whole world for several blocks.
This causes 'intermittent' complaints on the other systems on the area.

We can't stop the buyers of this trash from being stupid but you can ugh
people complain to the manufacturers and distributors who profit from
such sales and let them know your next brand choice will be based on
more than price.

But I may be wrong..........
Jack Daniel
=============================================

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/