Subject: [NEXTEL-1] FCC CHAIRMAN MICHAEL POWELL ANNOUNCES INTENTION TO APPOINT BRYAN TRAMONT AS FCC CHIEF OF STAFF

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 17:19:42 -0400

FCC CHAIRMAN MICHAEL POWELL ANNOUNCES INTENTION TO APPOINT BRYAN TRAMONT AS FCC
CHIEF OF STAFF

WASHINGTON

August 20, 2003

FCC Chairman Michael Powell today announced his intention to appoint Bryan Tramont
as the agency’s Chief of Staff. 

Tramont is currently serving as Powell's Senior Legal Advisor, advising him
generally on FCC agenda and circulate issues, and specifically on wireless,
international, technology, and consumer issues. Tramont also served as Senior
Legal Advisor to Commissioners Kathleen Abernathy and Harold Furchtgott-Roth.

Tramont replaces Marsha MacBride, who had served in the position since Powell
became chairman in 2001, and who announced on Monday she was stepping down as
Chief of Staff.
 
Powell said, “I am delighted to have someone with the substantive knowledge and
FCC issue experience of Bryan Tramont to serve as FCC Chief of Staff. He has been
a valuable advisor to me, and previously to two other FCC Commissioners. He will
be a tremendous asset in helping us work with the other Commissioner offices and
advance our policy goals in the months ahead on the many significant issues and
proceedings that the FCC will be taking up.”
 
Tramont said, “"Marsha MacBride will be tremendously missed as a leader, mentor
and friend.  It is a true honor and an extraordinary opportunity to be tapped as
her successor.  I look forward to working cooperatively with the other
Commissioners' offices and the remarkably talented FCC staff to continue to
advance the Chairman's agenda."

Before joining the FCC, Tramont was an attorney with the law firm of Wiley Rein
and Fielding. He also clerked for the Honorable Duane Benton on the Supreme Court
for his home state of Missouri. Tramont currently is an adjunct law professor at
The Catholic University of America. In addition, he serves on the Executive
Committee of the Federal Communications Bar Association, and was awarded the
organization’s Distinguished Service Award. He is a graduate of the George
Washington University and the Yale Law School.

- FCC -

http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-238060A1.doc

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/