Subject: [NEXTEL-1] "National Distribution Center" no longer "distributing"?

From: "RAFman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 18:02:44 -0600

Did I miss something here or has Nextel pulled the resale rug out from under
the NDC?

They were selling used (some would say hijacked) equipment including
antennas, repeaters & combiners, some for very reasonable prices. I just
returned to the site & tried to buy some new yagi antennas from them that
were listed last time I was there. I couldn't find the pulldown menu for
them when I returned so I emailed them a question & received the following
reply:

"We are not selling any thing any more. The equipment is being used within
the Company."

This is amazing because the website is still showing used panel antennas, 4
for $50. Granted that is all that is listed for sale BUT those are not for
sale either!!! I did ask. I have to laugh at the thought these used antennas
are being reused? Something just don't seem right here...

As of this afternoon, the site http://ndl-intl.nextel.com/ndc/index.html
still said "No gimmicks, just great prices" but someone needs to update
that. It should read "No sales, just great deception".

Any info would be appreciated. I am still looking for some reasonably
priced, surplus 450 & 800 base antennas. I buy excess wireless equipment.

Great list Marcel & thank you for cross posting my NASCAR posting from
SCAN-L!!!

Raf

-=§ RAF''s  Tabs §=-  http://www.jneuhaus.com/fccindex/
http://www.berkana.com/tower.html <-- Tower locator
http://svartifoss2.fcc.gov/cgi-bin/ws.exe/genmen/index.hts
http://www.arrl.org/tis/info/HTML/plc/#Field <--<BPL Power Line Comms
=-=

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 18:10:35 -0400

I noticed the drop down menu disappeared months ago.
The inside scoop is the equipment was some of the equipment was popping up in Nextel markets according to a NDC
employee. Competitors were using their equipment against them.

The other problem is 900 Mhz buildout deadline has placed them in a situation where they must build out. I think some
systems will be put up just for show, even if they are analog until they can deploy iDEN

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

---

From: "Paul Holliday" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 09:16:28 -0400

I had heard from a insider employee that the retail sale of equipment was
over. They only now supply equipment to do freq. swaps.