Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Carriers Fined $100K By The FCC For Collusion In The Lower 700 MHz Band Auction

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 19:22:10 -0400

Carriers Fined $100K By The FCC For Collusion In The Lower 700 MHz Band Auction

Before the
Federal Communications Commission
Washington, D.C. 20554

In re Application of
Star Wireless, LLC File No. EB-02-IH-0768
 NAL/Acct. No. 00332080021
For C Block Facilities in the     FCC Account ID No. 0441724048
710-716 and 740-746 MHz Bands    FRN No. 0007043409

NOTICE OF APPARENT LIABILITY FOR FORFEITURE

Adopted: August 26, 2003                                Released:  August 27, 2003

By the Chief, Enforcement Bureau:

I.  INTRODUCTION

1. By this Notice of Apparent Liability for Forfeiture (the “NAL”), we find Star
Wireless, LLC (“Star”) apparently liable for a monetary forfeiture in the amount
of $100,000.00.  For the reasons stated below, we conclude that Star, an applicant
and participating bidder in the Commission's August 27-September 18, 2002, auction
of 740 Lower 700 MHz Band C and D block geographic area licenses (“Auction No.
44”), apparently violated section 1.2105(c) of the Commission's rules  during the
auction with Northeast Communications of Wisconsin, Inc. (“Northeast”), another
applicant for the same auction.

More: http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-03-2722A1.doc

Related: NORTHEAST COMMUNICATIONS Fined $100K By The FCC For Collusion In The Lower 700 MHz Band Auction

http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-03-2723A1.doc

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/