Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Wireless Industry Veteran Joins interWAVE Communications' Board of Directors

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 22:39:06 -0400

Wireless Industry Veteran Joins interWAVE Communications' Board of Directors

    MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., Aug. 12 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- interWAVE(R)
Communications International, Ltd. (Nasdaq: IWAV), a pioneer in compact
wireless communications systems, today announced that Dr. Ker Zhang has joined
the Company's Board of Directors, replacing Mario Rosati.  Dr. Zhang, the
current chief executive officer of VIA Telecom, a leading developer of CDMA
subscriber chipsets, has been active in significant research and development
projects for more than 15 years, including involvement with the early
development of the wireless local area network (802.11).

    Prior to joining VIA Telecom, Dr. Zhang founded Synchronization, Inc. in
1997 and served as chief executive officer until 2001.  From 1999 to 2001, he
also operated as General Manager of the Mobile Subscriber Group of Eastern
Communication in Hangzhou, China.  Prior to Synchronization, Dr. Zhang was
Vice President and General Manager of the Multimedia Communications Group of
Microtek International and held management and engineering positions at
Motorola and the semiconductor group of Rockwell International (now Skyworks).
Dr. Zhang holds a Ph.D. degree from Worcester Polytechnic Institute in
Massachusetts where he was involved with research on the 802.11 technology.
He is a senior member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
(IEEE).

    Erwin Leichtle, interWAVE's president and chief executive officer,
commented, "Dr. Zhang's impressive background, established industry
relationships, and experience as the chief executive of an emerging
telecommunications leader will prove invaluable to interWAVE going forward.  I
am excited at the opportunity to draw on Dr. Zhang's wealth of experience and
expertise as we position interWAVE for the future."

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/08-12-2003/0001999073&EDATE=

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/