Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Project-25 Hits The LeMans Racing-

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 07:37:56 -0400

Clarity Technologies Inc. Provides CVC(R)
Technology To GM Racing Team's Corvettes in
24 Hour LeMans Race
Monday August 11, 11:05 am ET

Motorola's ASTRO 25(TM) Digital Public Safety Standard
Transmission Mode used

TROY, Mich., Aug. 11 /PRNewswire/ -- Clarity Technologies Inc.
(www.claritytechinc.com ) noise reduction CVC® "Clear Voice Capture" technology
recently provided the General Motors Racing team's Corvettes an additional
advantage
complementing Motorola's ASTRO 25(TM) Digital Public Safety radios for the first
time
at the famous 24 Hour of LeMans race in France, held in June.

"The Clarity technology, using noise
reduction software further optimized
for the noisy racing environment,
performed well and removed the
acoustic background noise from the
driver's microphone, enabling the
crew to immediately understand
what the driver said," stated Gary
Grube, CTO of Motorola's two-way
radio business. "Saving just one
second can make a big difference in
the driver's tactics when the car is
moving at nearly 200 miles per
hour."

"I prioritize, highly, the value of good
communications in our operation,
and this was the best ever," said
Doug Fehan, Corvette Racing team program manager. "The combination of Clarity's
software and Motorola's digital radios provided the team with the most consistent
radio
solution we have ever experienced in racing."

Bill Adam, SPEED channel commentator, noted the difference of analog radio to
digital,
with CVC® software, when he listened to it in the GM garage prior to the race.
During
the live TV broadcast on SPEED he made note of what he heard, "The clarity was
remarkable, it's like sitting in a living room talking vs. sitting in this noisy
race car
talking, just amazing progress."

About Clarity Technologies Inc.

Clarity Technologies Inc., a venture-backed company, based in Troy, Mich.,
established in April 1998 develops and markets a suite of award winning
proprietary
software products and algorithms (CVC® - Clear Voice Capture) that dramatically
improves the quality and accuracy of voice-based interfaces, speech recognition
software programs and wireless voice communications.

Additionally, Clarity has introduced Clarity Labs, a newly formed services
division that
assists its customers with the evaluation, selection and integration of speech
recognition technology for their voice-based applications.

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/030811/dem016_1.html

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/