Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Monmouth County Sheriff Radio System

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2003 08:05:06 -0400

Monmouth County Sheriff Radio System
Lou Albert
RF Design & Integration
Philadelphia, PA
215-464-7002
[email-masked]

Original System consisted of voted receive and 2 site manual steering
transmit.

Dispatchers would steer the transmitter to a site based on information as to
locations in the field. Field personnel from each end of the county could not
talk portable to portable. Officers serving warrants required greater portable
coverage indoors

It was decided to implement a GPS controlled simulcast system to
accomplish the portable to portable/ dispatch indoor coverage needed
5 sites were selected based availability and propagation mapping as well as
cost to the county for the space

The use of T1 channel banks in the system not only allowed for simulcast to
be implemented but also eliminated the cost of all leased line circuits going
to and from the sites and added capacity.

More:
http://www.simulcastsolutions.com/ppt/Monmouth2003.PDF

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Free shipping on all inkjet cartridge & refill kit orders to US & Canada. Low prices up to 80% off. We have your brand: HP, Epson, Lexmark & more.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5510
http://us.click.yahoo.com/GHXcIA/n.WGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/