Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Woman Beaten Unconscious For Taking Photos With Her Picture Phone.

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2003 01:46:06 -0400

Woman Beaten Unconscious For Taking Photos With Her Picture Phone.
(I guess She "Snapped"?)
Cell Phones Stir Fights in Arab Countries

Arab countries are not taking well to camera phones. In several
incidents, individuals, primarily women, have been badly beaten for
snapping photos with these devices. In one instance, a wedding
ceremony came to an abrupt conclusion when a guest started taking
pictures of the bride. A major fight erupted as a consequence of the
action. Arab News also reports that a woman was beaten unconscious
and her cell phone destroyed after snapping a photo of several woman
who found the picture taking inappropriate.
=========================================================
Cell Phones and Weddings
Staff Writer
RIYADH, 14 August 2003 — A woman in her twenties was badly beaten by several other
women after she was caught taking pictures of them with her cell phone. An older
woman in the group became suspicious of the way the young woman was holding her
phone, and after observing her more closely decided she was taking pictures. She
and other members of her group surrounded the young woman, smashed her cell phone
and beat her unconscious to teach her a lesson she would not soon forget, sources
said. Meanwhile in Taif, a wedding ceremony came to a violent end when the guests
took exception to the groom’s sister taking pictures of the bride. A fight erupted
and the celebrations ended prematurely, according to police.

http://www.arabnews.com/?page=1&section=0&article=30283&d=14&m=8&y=2003

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/