Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Exercise article that mentions interoperability

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2003 16:02:15 -0400

-------- Original Message --------
From: "Mark" <[email-masked]>
Subject:  Exercise article that mentions interoperability

http://www.co.palm-beach.fl.us/fire/newsstory072203.html

"Due to recent implementation of a new 800mhz radio system, all of 
the participating agencies were able to communicate with each other 
without typically associated radio problems."

Mark

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2003 20:09:16 -0400

Mark,

Nice pictures-

Can I borrow that plasma? My 9" B&W is on its last legs and football pre-season has started.

Seriously-

Did you get to deploy the  E. F. Johnson radios? If so where there any noticeable differences between the   E. F.
Johnson (7780 & 9800) radios and the Motorola radios (Besides # of talk groups)?

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Low on Ink? Get 80% off inkjet cartridges & Free Shipping at 77Colors.com.
We have your brand: HP, Epson, Lexmark, Canon, Compaq and more!
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5981
http://us.click.yahoo.com/DmnqpB/IyhGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

---

From: "Mark" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 00:30:23 -0000

I'll have to check with the Emergency Op's guys on the plasma's but 
they are pretty protective of them..lol

As far as the EFJ radios, no we didn't deploy any.  The emergency 
caches consist of Moto. MTS2000 Model II's (almost 100 of them).  We 
wanted to utilize a platform that was pretty much standard issue in 
the area so there wasn't much of a learning curve for any in-coming 
troops.

Mark

--- In [email-masked], Marcelrf@B... wrote:
> Did you get to deploy the  E. F. Johnson radios? If so where there 
any noticeable differences between the   E. F.
> Marcelrf@B... wrote:
> > From: "Mark" <KS4VT@a...>

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 02:42:25 -0400

> they are pretty protective of them..lol

I thought so............ The local FBI guys have one in their new surveillance van, they would not let me have theirs
either. ..............

> the area so there wasn't much of a learning curve for any in-coming

I know an Admin who is looking to buy 500 Mobiles but has not heard any field reports back yet other than people he
was steered to by EFJ. I told him Go Moto...Go Moto...Go Moto...

He said ..No.....budget.......No.....budget..........No.....budget!

Good  idea on keeping it simple with one type of radio......those guys hate curves!

BTW- I'm going to invent a "SPK-MIC " Holder for radios. I hate seeing the Mic's clipped to the antenna like in the
photo. That kills the  $30 ant not to mention adding un-wanted attenuation.

---

From: "Mark" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 12:18:43 -0000

The EFJ Radios are not much less than the Motorola's especially in 
the mobiles, at least they aren't on my Price Agreement.  As for the 
portables, the Johnson 7780's are priced in line with the LTS200's 
and have a real alpha display and 256 modes instead of the LTS's very 
limited display and limit on 90 modes.

--- In [email-masked], Marcelrf@B... wrote:
> I know an Admin who is looking to buy 500 Mobiles but has not heard 
any field reports back yet other than people he
> BTW- I'm going to invent a "SPK-MIC " Holder for radios. I hate 
seeing the Mic's clipped to the antenna like in the
> > > Johnson (7780 & 9800) radios and the Motorola radios (Besides # 
of
> > talk groups)?

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 14:31:34 -0400

Not much less?  That is a surprise.
Thx I will fwd your info to him.