Subject: [NEXTEL-1] What Does the Series 1100 In-Building Repeater Do?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2003 06:57:21 -0400

Scary, Real Scary-

No mention of getting permission from the license holder as required by the FCC.
---------------------------------------------------------------
What Does the Series 1100 In-Building Repeater Do?
EXTENDS COVERAGE

• The Series 1100 In-Building Repeater Package, using the new M310 BDA, is
designed to provide Nextel service in facilities that are located within
reasonable proximity of Nextel transmitters.

IMPROVES SIGNAL LEVELS TO:

• Buildings and facilities that do not have sufficient RF levels inside to support
Nextel service because the signal cannot pass through the exterior surfaces of the
structure.

• Locations such as underground facilities, parking garages, warehouses, shielded
areas, metal buildings and manufacturing facilities.
1 - 8 0 0 - 2 7 9 - 8 3 0 6

YES. IF YOU NEED NEXTEL SERVICE
INSIDE YOUR FACILITY

• Your Nextel wireless communications system is both convenient and efficient for
your employees who are either on the road or work at an off-site location; but
often your own facility does not receive Nextel signals.

• Security personnel, located in certain areas of the building, are unable to
report safety/security issues due to lack of coverage.

• Maintenance supervisors are unable to contact their personnel because they may
be in an area that lacks adequate signal.

• Employees must walk to a nearby window or other specific areas of your building
in order to use their Nextel portables.

Can Your Business Benefit From This In-Building Repeater?

Series 1100 will
get signal into the most
RF hostile environments
Nextel
Portables
Series 1100
In-Building Repeater package includes:
M310 BDA Unit
Outside Antenna
Inside Antenna
100’ Coaxial Cable
4 Connectors

QUICK, EASY INSTALLATION

• Installation costs vary depending upon the size and the complexity of the
installation.

• A small, low profile antenna is mounted on the roof of the building. This
antenna receives the “downlink” signal from the local Nextel site and also
transmits the “uplink” signal, from the phones within the building, back to the
site. A coaxial cable, usually routed through existing conduits, connects the roof
antenna to the Series 1100 In-Building Repeater.

• The Series 1100 Repeater (3”x10”x12”) is placed in a convenient utility closet,
on a shelf or mounted to a wall or ceiling. Coaxial cable is then run from the
In-Building Repeater to small interior antenna(s) that are placed in strategic
locations to best distribute signal within the facility. Usually, these antenna(s)
are located above a suspended ceiling or high above the work area. In some cases a
small, low profile ceiling or wall mount antenna is used to obtain coverage in a
working space.

LOW MAINTENANCE OPERATION

• After installation, there is typically no maintenance, servicing or monitoring
necessary.
Frequency Bands: Uplink 806-824 MHz; Downlink 849-867 MHz Uplink Gain: +55dB with
AGC (defeatable)

Uplink Power Out: 27dBm
Downlink Gain: +55dB
Downlink Power Out: +15dBm
Overload Indicators with automatic shutdown feature
Power Required: 120 VAC @ 0.5 amp
Size: 3” x 10” x 12”
Weight: 6.75 lbs.
Primus Electronics: (800) 279-8306 or E-mail: [email-masked]
Internet: www.primuselectronics.com
Contact Us
Specifications
Installation and Operation
BDA Integration Group
800.279.8306
[email-masked]

http://www.primuselectronics.com/primus1100.pdf

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: Jack Daniel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2003 08:10:44 -0700

Note they even point put you can make this evebn a worse 'NOISE
GENERATOR' by disbling the agc. How irresponsible can you be.

If anyone from Primus is here;

IT IS ILLEGAL FOR YOUR CUSTOMER TO INSTALL NEXTEL IN_BUILDOMG REPEATERS 
WITHOUT NEXTEL'S PRIOR APPROVAL !  Put THAT in your ads and package.

If anyone from the FCC is here:

It would be appropriate to advise PRIMUS what the law says do they have
no doubt in their mind.

Maybe it's time for the FCC to start fining Distributors for encouraging
FCC rule violations and dealers for doing it. A couple of sharp raps to
their pocketbook would slow down this crap.

=================================================================

[email-masked] wrote:
> 1 - 8 0 0 - IMA-DUMMY
>                    Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
>                        ADVERTISEMENT
>                        [Click Here!]
> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2003 15:57:34 -0400

Jack,

I was going to blast this one but you do BDA's so much better than I do.
I thought about downloading the user manual but I figured you had all the facts already.
The FCC is here lurking and they need to step-up on this issue. I'm sick of seeing these So-called BDA's that seem to
imply "Do it  Yourself" installation, however this one did mention "installation costs vary" but ends there.
Irresponsible is a mild description for this company.

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

---

From: "Bill Smith" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 16:49:50 -0400

Reinstating Technician licensing would be a help as well since a tech losing
his license is essentially out of a job. It would make him think twice about
installing these BDA's and other nonlicensed LMR systems.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2003 17:37:15 -0400

I agree-