Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Verizon announces PTT launch details

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 16:01:31 -0400

Verizon announces PTT launch details

by Dan Meyer
Aug. 14, 2003

Verizon Wireless provided details on its highly anticipated Push to Talk service
set to officially launch Aug. 18. As RCR Wireless News reported yesterday, the
service allows customers to communicate across the carrier’s nationwide CDMA2000
1x network using the same phone number for both cellular and Push to Talk calls.
The carrier said the service will provide for both one-to-one communications and
group calling, which can be set up from the carrier’s Push to Talk Contact
Management Web site. 

The service, which is expected to compete against Nextel Communications Inc.’s
Direct Connect service, will initially be available using Motorola Inc.’s V60p
handset, which will sell for $150 with a two-year contract. The handset, which is
expected to be joined by a Samsung Corp. model in the future, will also show when
a user is available to participate in a Push to Talk call. 

Pricing plans for the service will begin at $60 per month for 400 anytime voice
minutes and unlimited one-to-one Push to Talk minutes, which is a $20 premium
compared with the carrier’s America’s Choice plan that also includes 1,000
mobile-to-mobile minutes and unlimited night and weekend minutes. 

Verizon Wireless added that customers signing up for a Push to Talk plan by Nov. 2
will receive unlimited night and weekend calling minutes, as well as 1,000
mobile-to-mobile minutes, and customers signing up for plans starting at $80 per
month will receive an additional 100 to 200 bonus anytime calling minutes. The
carrier also said customers who sign up before Dec. 31 will receive free group
Push to Talk calling for as long as they stay on their service plans.

http://rcrnews.com/cgi-bin/news.pl?newsId=14708

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/