Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Breaker- Breaker- Midland and Maxon Join Forces

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2003 18:24:34 -0400

Poor Midland-
--------------------------------------------
Press Release

Kansas City, Missouri
July 31, 2003 

Midland Radio Corporation (http://www.midlandradio.com/) and Topaz3 LLC
(http://www.topaz3.com/index.asp) announced today that the business operations of
Topaz3 have been combined into the Midland Radio Corporation. The expanded Midland
Radio Corporation includes engineering, manufacturing, direct sales, marketing and
product distribution at its Kansas City headquarters. 

"It is an exciting time for us" said Dan Devling, who has joined Midland as its
President. "This combination will give us a stronger position in the marketplace,
provide more opportunity for growth and better utilize our combined resources to
maximize customer satisfaction." 

Midland is a leader in the consumer radio market for FRS, GMRS, CBs and
weather/all-hazard alert radios and in the Land Mobile Radio market with a wide
selection of portables, mobiles and high-powered base stations. They also market a
new RoIP radio solution (http://www.midlandradio.com/lm/voip.htm) that
economically integrates two-way radio and Internet communication to allow greater
flexibility in voice and data transmission. It is currently being deployed by
several government agencies and commercial enterprises across the country. 

Midland has gained the exclusive sales and marketing rights to the Maxon brand
name for North, Central, and South America, as well as the Legacy and TruTalk
brands, which are sold worldwide. Midland will also market the ComStar Automatic
Vehicle Location products and services (http://www.getcomstar.com) with several
AVL systems operational in United States. 

"Under the Midland Radio Corporation," said Tony Lane, Vice President of LMR
sales," the combined base of over 1,400 independent LMR dealers will have access
to all the products and programs originally offered by the two companies. This
will include; Midland LMR, Maxon LMR, Legacy LMR, Midland Consumer Radio, TruTalk
Consumer Radio, and ComStar AVL products and services." 

Midland Radio Corporation, headquartered in North Kansas City, MO, is the U.S.
affiliate of an international group of companies with offices in North America,
Europe and Asia. Midland is one of the worlds leading designers, manufacturers,
and marketers of consumer and commercial communications products. It is the oldest
manufacturer of CB radios on the U.S., the first to introduce a 14-channel FRS
radio to the market and a leading supplier of consumer weather/all-hazard alert
radios in the U.S. It also provides a wide variety of Land Mobile Radios, voice
over Internet products, and telemation technologies.

Contacts:
Chris Oehlert
Marketing Communications Manager
voice: 816-241-8500, Ext. 245
e-mail: [email-masked]

http://www.midlandradio.com/pressrelease.asp

http://www.maxonusa.com/pr2003_midland-topaz3.asp

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/sO0ANB/LIdGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/