Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Appeals court to hear oral argument in health suit Sept. 26

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 12:16:34 -0400

Appeals court to hear oral argument in health suit Sept. 26
By Jeffrey Silva
August 20 13:40:00, 2003

WASHINGTON—The 4th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals will hear oral argument in a
Maryland man’s $800 million
brain-cancer suit against Motorola Inc. and others Sept. 26 in Williamsburg, Va.

The appeals court also has before it five class-action suits against the
mobile-phone industry that claim wireless
operators should have supplied consumers with headsets to reduce any risks of
radiation injury from handsets. The
opening brief in the legal challenge was filed earlier this month.

The brain cancer and headset lawsuits were previously tossed out by U.S. District
Judge Catherine Blake of Baltimore.

Blake has yet to rule on nine other brain cancer suits against the wireless
industry pending before her. The plaintiffs have petitioned Blake to send the
cases back to state court.
http://rcrnews.com/cgi-bin/news.pl?newsId=14780

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/