Subject: [NEXTEL-1] IEEE announces 802.15.3 standard

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2003 15:23:35 -0400

-------- Original Message --------
From: "Jon Baer" <[email-masked]>
Subject: IEEE announces 802.15.3 standard

IEEE announces 802.15.3 standard
The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) yesterday said
it finished the 802.15.3 standard. The standard allows data to be
transmitted at 55Mbps for 100 yards and operates in the 2.4GHz frequency
band. It is designed for networking media devices and for sharing multimedia
files wirelessly in short distances. Networks using 802.15.3 will be able to
switch channels automatically if interference is detected from cordless
phones or other networks. The technology is designed to coexist with other
wireless technologies, such as Bluetooth and WiFi. Devices using the
802.15.3 standard are expected to hit the market by the end of 2004.

For more 802.15.3

http://www.caba.org/standard/wimedia.html

http://news.zdnet.co.uk/communications/0,39020336,39115554,00.htm

- jon

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/