Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Harford County, Maryland, Unites Fire, Ambulance and Police with New Motorola Digital System

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2003 12:14:15 -0400

Harford County, Maryland, Unites Fire, Ambulance and Police with New Motorola
Digital System SCHAUMBURG, Ill.

Aug. 29, 2002 - Harford County, Md., is the latest government to purchase
Motorola's state-of-the-art ASTRO® SMARTNET® digital communications system for its
public safety organizations.

The new $23 million dollar system will tie together all of the county's police
agencies, fire and ambulance crews. It is expected to be fully operational by 2005
with upgrades in voice communications, installation of computers in vehicles, an
automatic locator subsystem and connectivity to various siren systems for sounding
general alarms to the citizens of Harford County. The radio system is part of
Motorola's extensive portfolio of integrated communications and information
solutions to address mission-critical public safety and security requirements
worldwide.

"Everyday we are asking emergency providers to put their lives on the line," said
Harford County Executive James M. Harkins. " The very least the county can do is
to ensure our police officers and our fire and ambulance crews have the
communication tools necessary for them to protect our citizens and to protect
themselves."

The new communications system will connect all parts of Harford County with the
statewide microwave system now under construction. The current voice
communications systems will be upgraded and will include state-of-the-art radios
with new features such as an emergency button for summoning help.

Between now and early next year, the county will replace the microwave system and
upgrade the fire dispatch and paging system. New equipment will be installed
during 2003 and 2004 at tower sites and at the Harford County Communications
Center. Later in 2004, new radios will be installed in fire vehicles and
ambulances. New portable radios will be issued to all fire, emergency medical
services, and law enforcement personnel. Training will be conducted with the new
equipment being tested in 2004 and 2005.

About Motorola's Safety and Security Solutions

Motorola is a leading provider of integrated communications and information
solutions with 65 years of experience in meeting the mission-critical requirements
of public safety, public service, government and enterprise customers worldwide.
The company's extensive public safety and security portfolio includes:
interoperable two-way radio communications solutions with encrypted security
capabilities; command and control equipment and software applications, including
computer-aided dispatch, 9-1-1 and 3-1-1 systems, and automated records management
systems; identification and tracking solutions, including palm/fingerprint and
photo-imaging systems, as well as comprehensive information management
capabilities for criminal justice and civil needs; and physical security and
monitoring solutions, including remote monitoring and diagnostics

http://www.motorola.com/LMPS/pressreleases/page2490.htm

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/