Subject: [NEXTEL-1] funding issues......

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 16:14:41 -0400

-------- Original Message --------
From: "eric995us" <[email-masked]>
Subject:  funding issues......

If the funding is all there, and the cost estimates so certain, why 
is there all the talk of doing only 1 region at a time and stopping 
if the money runs out?

>From what I heard while I was there, the $850 million is more than 
enough and APCO is comfortable with this.

Why not make the Consensus Plan start with Nextel giving the entire 
$850 million to APCO?  From that point, APCO could run the show and 
grant the money to everyone ahead of time.

Also, by having all the funding available ahead of time and by 
getting the local APCO chapters involved, the project could 
(hopefully) be speeded up from 1 region at a time to multiple regions 
at one time or perhaps all regions at one time.  

When the dust settles, the remaining money from the $850 million 
could then used by APCO it to fund other APCO projects.

Does this make sense?

Eric

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: "Harry Ekelund" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 13:57:55 -0700

Just reported...Major power failures on the east coast from New York city to
as far west as Detroit.

Got any more, Marcel?