Subject: [mobile-ip] Mobile IP registration Time

From: "Mohammad Ilyas" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 08:53:07 +0200

Hi,
 
can someone guide me please. How long does it take for complete MIP
authentication, registration? is it small enough to realise VoIP?
 
thanx
 
Mohammad Ilyas

---

From: "Muhammad Ali Malik" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 17:52:15 +1000

Hi

When two mobile node moves to same subnet, does they both obtains the same
or different CoA.

Regards,

Muhammad Ali Malik

---

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2003 12:35:28 +0300

Muhammad Ali Malik wrote:

> When two mobile node moves to same subnet, does they both obtains the 
> same or different CoA.

They obtain different care-of addresses. Typically, the mobile
nodes would create care-of addresses based on an EUI-64 IID, and
would run IPv6 DAD to ensure that no address collision exists.

Of course, it is still possible that two nodes could use
the same address at *different times* on the same network,
say if there was a (very rare) EUI-64 duplicate or if randomly
generated addresses would result in the same value etc.

--Jari