Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Motorola Offers New Vital Response Deployable Communications Options to Expand Public Safety

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 05:16:13 -0400

Motorola Offers New Vital Response™ Deployable Communications Options to Expand
Public Safety

Rapid Response Capabilities

New Systems Offer Outstanding Communications Interoperability, Flexibility and
Coverage
INDIANAPOLIS, - 12 Aug. 2003 - Today, Motorola, Inc. (NYSE:MOT) showcased its
growing portfolio of Vital Response deployable, gateway and switch communications
systems and equipment at the annual Association of Public Safety Communications
Officials International (APCO) Conference, running Aug.  11-14.

Designed for rapid response in mission-critical public safety applications,
Motorola’s Vital Response deployable and interoperable solutions can tie together
disparate agency systems (Level 4 interoperability), provide extra support for
special events, run specialized applications or provide back-up support to primary
systems in the event of an emergency. Together, they comprise a vital part of
Motorola’s extensive portfolio of public safety and security solutions for
mission-critical integrated communications, information management, regional
coordination and incident command.

“Motorola’s deployable and gateway communications solutions enhance Level 4
interoperability and are flexible, effective tools to manage communications in a
variety of circumstances,” said Chuck Jackson, Motorola Communications and
Electronics, Inc. (MCEI) vice president and director, Motorola North America
Group. “They provide critical interoperability between public safety agencies and
allow for enhanced capabilities during a crisis, extraordinary emergency or major
event. With more deployable options available than ever before, public safety
agencies have the opportunity to select a solution tailored to meet current and
changing communications needs.”

http://www.motorola.com/mediacenter/news/detail/0,1958,3146_2579_23,00.html

The Vital Response Deployable and Interoperable Family

All Motorola Vital Response deployable, gateway (level 4) and switch solutions are
designed to be fully functional quickly. They are invaluable tools in disaster,
emergency response, search and rescue and event management situations. Motorola
deployables, gateway and switch solutions now support all six levels of
communications interoperability, including:

Level 6 – Standards-Based Shared Systems: Most complete, long-term solution. All
radios built to a standard (P25) can talk to each other via infrastructure or
Talkaround.  Level 5 – System Specific Roaming: Full-featured, wide area
interoperability achieved with radios that can talk to each other via
infrastructure or Talkaround using infrastructure from the same manufacturer.
Level 4 – Gateway (Console Patch): Short-term system modification through the
addition of a patch that allows radios to talk to each other via a link
established by a dispatcher, unmanned interface box or mobile apparatus.
Level 3 – Mutual Aid Channels: Well-known to public safety agencies, multiple
radios talk directly to each other using common channels in conventional mode.

Level 2 – Talkaround: Simple, short-term communications solution whereby multiple
radios talk directly to each other in conventional mode using compatible
subscribers – no infrastructure link.  Level 1 – Swap Radios: The most basic
solution, agencies involved in a disaster/major event physically exchange radios
from their network upon arrival at the scene.
Key deployable and interoperable offerings include:

PDR 3500™

This portable communications solution offers suitcase mobility for immediate
response capability. It uses QUANTAR® operating software and is available in the
VHF, UHF and 800 MHz bands with power output of 5-30 watts. Used in conjunction
with a conventional repeater or base station, the PDR 3500 supports both analog
and ASTRO® conventional operation and provides Project 25 interoperability.

BMS1000™ Transportable Solution

The transportable self-contained BMS1000 offers public safety users a complete
communications package with RF infrastructure, power systems, tower, HVAC and an
array of repeaters. Specifically configured for emergency response, this
deployable solution can be customized to suit a variety of mobile communications
needs. Recent enhancements to the BMS1000 include the introduction of Air Ride
suspension for added stability, improved equipment cabinets with increased HVAC
power and an inhabitable shelter and greater in-rack space for efficient component
configuration.
The BMS1000 is well suited for the emergency deployment of basic communications
such as:
Additional capacity for mutual aid Extended range of current infrastructure
through microwave link
Mobile cross-band communications Temporary communications hub for remote
activities

SMS4000™ Mobile Communications System

This cost-effective mobile trunking system is fully enclosed in an expansive
fifth-wheel trailer configuration.  Rapidly deployable, the SMS4000 features a
complete communications package including RF infrastructure, console, power
systems, tower and HVAC. The hydraulic tower includes grounding and eliminates the
need for guying. Also geared for emergency response, this flexible system can be
customized to suit a variety of communications applications.
ASTRO TM Ruggedized Deployable System

The ASTRO TM solution incorporates QUANTAR, ASTROTac Receiver, DIU-3000 and
ASTROTac 3000 Project 25 components into a ruggedized high-power communications
system. The system can be used in conjunction with most of the Vital Response
deployables. It is scalable from stand-alone single channels to multiple voting
networks, with optional modem links to existing systems. The ASTRO TM solution is
commonly deployed on roof tops, mountains and in rural settings and is an
effective tool when rapid replacement of a downed existing site is necessary or
when responding agencies need to have full communications capabilities in a low
capacity or remote location.

Vital Response Gateway Solutions

Motorola offers a number of 3600 cc and 9600 cc gateway communications solutions
designed to provide limited interoperability between systems that are otherwise
unable to communicate because of technical differences. Available audio-patching
technologies include the console patch, cross-band repeaters and gateway switches.
Practical applications of Gateway devices include planned multi-jurisdictional
events such as the Olympics and moderate-size public safety incidents – major
fires, hazmat situations, etc.

For more information on Motorola’s portfolio of Vital Response deployable and
interoperable
communications systems, visit their APCO booth numbered 923 at the Indiana
Convention Center & RCA
Dome or visit Motorola’s website at www.motorola.com

http://www.motorola.com/mediacenter/news/detail/0,1958,3146_2579_23,00.html

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/