Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Motorola Delivers Its First In A Series of CDMA Push-To-Talk Handsets

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 11:04:03 -0400

Motorola Delivers Its First In A Series of CDMA Push-To-Talk Handsets

New Motorola V60p Leverages Motorola’s Leadership and Heritage in Push-To-Talk
Technology and
Design

Libertyville, Ill., -- August 14, 2003 -- Motorola, Inc. (NYSE: MOT), a global
leader in wireless
communications, today announced the arrival of its first CDMA 1X mobile phone with
push-to-talk (PTT)
technology - the model V60p. This introduction builds on Motorola’s heritage as a
push-to-talk technology
leader and marks the delivery of the first CDMA handset to complement the recently
announced Motorola
CDMA 1X PTT infrastructure server.

The new model V60p leverages the design strength of one of the most popular mobile
phones in the
country to answer the call from thousands of mobile phone users demanding
nationwide communication at
the touch of one button. Additionally, the Motorola V60p offers new revenue and
consumer retention
opportunities with a valuable new service.

“In our fast paced world, the increased demand for speedy communication is no
surprise. With the new
Motorola V60p we are able to satisfy this mobile craving for consumers both in and
out of the enterprise
arena with one of the best looking handset designs on the market,” said Tim
Cawley, senior vice-president
and general manager, Motorola’s Personal Communications Sector. “Sixty-five years
ago Motorola
pioneered push-to-talk communications with the introduction of the first two-way
radio and our leadership
continues as the model V60p marks the first in a new wave of wireless PTT enabled
devices for CDMA and
GSM networks."

Motorola’s V60p push-to-talk handset allows mobile phone users to communicate with
one or many
individuals at the touch of a button. By using the push-to-talk button located on
the side of the Motorola
V60p, consumers can reach single contacts or participate in group chats via
user-specified work groups.
The smart icon-driven contact list of the compact Motorola V60p allows users to
identify callers with one
quick glance. Complete with an integrated high-audio speakerphone, external caller
ID, ability to
push-to-talk with one or many and downloading capabilities, the Motorola V60p
delivers all the
communication, entertainment and organizational features that today's consumer
needs to stay on track
and connected while on-the-go.

The introduction of the Motorola V60p is the first handset in a series of CDMA
push-to-talk handsets that
Motorola will deliver over the next year.

The Motorola V60p will be available first at Verizon Wireless locations nationwide
as well as at
www.verizonwireless.com starting the week of August 18, 2003 for a suggested
retail price of $149.99 with
a Verizon Wireless two-year contract. Push-to-talk communications is a network
dependent feature and
requires a subscription to a push-to-talk service plan.

http://www.motorola.com/mediacenter/news/detail/0,1958,3156_2589_23,00.html

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/