Subject: [NEXTEL-1] VeriChip: RFID Microchip Implants for Humans

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 09 Aug 2003 17:14:34 -0400

VeriChip: RFID Microchip Implants for Humans

by URI DOWBENKO

First it was cattle. Then it was pets. Now it's
Mexicans.

Will Americans be next?

In Mexico, implantable and trackable micro-chips for humans, which can be used to
store personal information, like medical, military, criminal and credit history,
have
been introduced by Applied Digital Solutions of Palm Beach, Florida.

Its brand name is Verichip, and it's a tiny microchip the size of a grain of rice
that
is implanted under the skin.

In Mexico, which is suffering an epidemic of kidnappings for ransom, the device
may be touted as "LoJack for People."

After the chip is implanted, government and hospital officials use a
scanning device to download a serial number to access the name, ID and personal
history of the individual on their computer.

Applied Digital Solutions, which produces the controversial "Digital Angel"
tracking
device, as well as the "Verichip," also claims it is developing technology to use
satellites to track people.

For government officials, the implications are obvious.

===========================================================
VeriChip: RFID Microchip Implants for
Humans  (continued)
by URI DOWBENKO

Anyone designated as a so-called "terrorist" can
be tracked wherever they go with an implanted
microchip.

In fact, eventually an entire micro-chipped population can be more easily tracked,

managed and controlled by any government to make sure it’s compliant to the
State's will.

In its report, CNN blithely (and falsely) states that "while the idea of using the
chip
to track people has raised privacy concerns in the United States, the idea has
been
popular with Mexicans."

This implies that Mexicans don't care about privacy, and will even stand in line
just
to get their microchip implants, as long as they will be allowed to move to the
United States.

The CNN story also falsely implies that Mexicans will pay the $150 cost for the
microchip injection plus the $50 annual fee for the "privilege" of being tracked
like
cattle.

That's probably on every Mexican's top priority list -- right after getting his or
her
daily burrito.

The IT Government market for Applied Digital Solutions, however, appears to be
wide open, since the scanning device and related software cost $1,200.

The downside to the technology? Currently VeriChip can confirm a kidnap victim's
identity -- only after the body is found.

YOUR FUTURE I.D. IS UNDER YOUR SKIN

According to the press release, "VeriChip is a secure, subdermal, radio frequency
identification (RFID) microchip about the size of a grain of rice that can be used
in
a variety of security, financial, emergency identification and other
applications."

This matter-of-fact description of the device is sure to alarm Christians, since
it
may be identified as the proverbial Mark of the Beast from Revelations, without
which “no man might buy or sell save he that had the Mark.”

"In October 2002, the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) ruled that VeriChip is

not a regulated device with regard to its security, financial, personal
identification/safety applications,” the press release contionues, “but that
VeriChip's healthcare information applications are subject to regulation by the
FDA
in the United States."

Let's see if the FDA ruling can be deciphered. It's OK if the VeriChip tracks your

credit report history, but not OK if it's used to inform doctors you're diabetic?
This
will undoubtedly be used as an argument to justify the VeriChip as a so-called
"medical device" in the future.

The live "chipping" event in Mexico was billed as a "simple, outpatient procedure
that requires only a few minutes for a local anesthetic and insertion of the chip
with
a specially designed needle."

This could actually be the start of a brand new low-cost underground industry.
First
there were back alley abortions. Then punk garage bands. Can basement microchip
insertions be far behind?

HAPPY CHIPPED MEXICANS LOVE THEIR NEW SLAVERY

Even testimonials by satisfied customers were used to promote the “chipping”
event by Applied Digital Solutions in Mexico.

For example, according to the VeriChip press release, Manuel Rosillo says, "I used

to lead a normal, active life, but I never imagined I'd have a health problem as
serious as this at my age. So far, I've suffered two heart attacks. I've undergone

heart surgery and I'm under permanent treatment and medical supervision, which
makes VeriChip an extremely useful product for me."

In other words, doctors at the hospital could monitor Senor Rosillo, while he was
having another heart attack -- and dying at a remote location.

Another VeriChip testimonial comes from Francisco Pujano who says, "I was
extremely interested in having a VeriChip implant after suffering a cerebral
aneurysm. When I have an attack, I don't remember where I am or understand
what's happening around me, and it can sometimes last for a long time, so for
safety reasons, I opted for VeriChip."

Imagine how this could have helped George Bush -- while he was choking on that
Enron Pretzel a while back.

FROM RFID'S TO NATIONAL I.D. CARD IMPLANTS

So how do RFIDs work?

Patented in 1973, Radio Frequency Identification tags (RFIDs) are very small (11
mm) microchips, which act as transponders (a combination of transmitter and
responder), which are always listening for a radio signal sent by the
transceivers, or
RFID readers.

When a transponder receives a radio query, it transmits its unique ID code back to

the transceiver.

RFID tags are already in use in the United States, including ID chips for cats and

dogs, EZPass for highway tollbooths, and gas cards like ExxonMobil's SpeedPass.

Government officials have discussed putting RFID tags on all vital documents --
paper money, passports, drivers' licenses, passports, stock certificates,
university
diplomas, medical degrees/ licenses, birth certificates, and so on. In other
words,
these are the documents necessary for daily life in a "civilized" society.

With implantable microchips containing this information, external microchips
(RFIDs) will be a moot point.

A National ID Card-Chip is the logical extension of this technology.

Currently the VeriChip, an RFID microchip tag, has been sold as a way to keep
track
of errant pets, wandering children and mindless Alzheimers patients.

Future potential uses are, however, much more sinister. For example, delegates to
the Chinese Communist Party Congress were required to wear RFID-chipped badges,
so their movements could be tracked and recorded. The Chinese correctly assumed
that this procedure will cut down on defections to the West.

The next step is also obvious. Who needs a badge when you require your delegates
-- or your employees -- or your citizens -- to have a microchip ID implanted in
their
arms?

Applied Digital Solutions Chairman/ CEO Scott R. Silverman must be salivating at
the Global Slave Labor Market with its billions and billions of potential
microchip
implantees.

NEW IMPROVED IMPERIAL I.D.

It's not difficult to imagine a future which degenerates into a nightmare world
where all transactions are tracked and stored on a global basis. The microchip
implant makes 24/7 ubiquitous surveillance of any individual a sobering reality.

Today you can crush, puncture or microwave the RFID tag in the jeans you bought
at Walmart -- but you can't demagnetize it.

If your ID is under your skin, the only way to get rid of it is to dig it out with
an
Exacto blade -- a science fiction scenario which is about to become very real.

Of course, this will also bring about a black market of phoney chips and
reprogrammed IDs.

While the Roman Empire had tesserae (ID tags) for its slaves, the New American
Empire will require more sophisticated devices to keep track of their "citizens."

Since Global High Tech Feudalism is the political-economic model of the future,
implantable ID chips will be inevitably marketed to young people as being "cool"
--
like the fad for body piercing and tattoos.

VeriChip's own cutesy advertising tagline is "Get Chipped," as in "Hey Mom, can I
get chipped?"

The Human MicroChip Implant Scam is here and now. It is the latest affront to
human liberty and dignity, disguised as a "simple" means for more "security" and
more "comfort."

Rest assured, however, that a new generation of hackers are already working on
ways to subvert this technology.

As William Gibson, author of "Neuromancer" wrote, "The street has its own uses..."

* * * * * * * * *

Uri Dowbenko is the author of "Bushwhacked: Inside Stories of True Conspiracy",
available at Barnes and Noble and Borders stores nationwide.

-- http://www.conspiracyplanet.com/channel.cfm?channelid=74&contentid=900

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Low on Ink? Get 80% off inkjet cartridges & Free Shipping at 77Colors.com.
We have your brand: HP, Epson, Lexmark, Canon, Compaq and more!
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5981
http://us.click.yahoo.com/DmnqpB/IyhGAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/