Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Fulton County, Georgia Selects Accela Wireless to Implement Mobile Government Services

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 22:15:26 -0400

Fulton County, Georgia Selects Accela Wireless to Implement Mobile Government
Services

One of the Nation's Top Digital Counties Expands Its Use
Of Accela Enterprise Management Solutions

DUBLIN, Calif., Aug. 12 /PRNewswire/ -- Accela, Inc., the leading provider of
government enterprise management solutions, announced today that Fulton County,
Georgia has selected Accela Wireless and Accela GIS to be added to the County's
existing "PERMITS" Plus(TM) system, an activity tracking management solution.

Fulton County currently uses Accela to centralize the land and permit management
activities of the Permitting and Business Licensing Departments.  Their efforts in
automating government services were recently recognized when the County was named
as one of the top ten "Digital Counties" in the U.S. by a national survey
conducted by the Center for Digital Government, the National Association of
Counties (NACo), and Government Technology magazine.  The 2003 survey was the
first in a series of national studies by the Center for Digital Government
examining how governments are evolving in their use of IT to improve the overall
delivery of services to their customers and citizens.  "Fulton County is very
proud to have received recognition for the efforts we have made regarding
e-government, and Accela should be proud of their part in our e-government
strategy," stated Mark Gleisner, Development Services Coordinator at Fulton
County.

The next part of this strategy involves the County's expansion of the "PERMITS"
Plus solution to four additional areas -- Zoning and Planning, Code Enforcement,
Site Plan Review, and Fire Marshall.  With the expansion, the County has also
decided to add Accela Wireless and GIS to their system.  Accela Wireless will
power the inspection teams with technology to shift many daily tasks from the
office to the field; the County's 100 mobile inspectors will have the ability to
remotely input their results directly from the inspection site, updating the
database in real-time.  With GIS, users of the system can take full advantage of
enhanced interactive mapping capabilities.  "Fulton County is an excellent example
of how Accela's end-to-end technology allows us to be a total solution provider
for government agencies," states Robert P. Lee, Accela's president and CEO.  "Our
solutions are customizable to meet the varying needs of every employee, putting
them in command of integrated and intelligent enterprise information from any
perspective."

With a population just over 800,000, Fulton County is the largest county in
Georgia and is part of the Atlanta metropolitan area.  The County joins several
other jurisdictions in Georgia who are already utilizing Accela's e-government
solutions.  These include Newton County, Atlanta, Gwinnett County, Hall County,
and Alpharetta.  For more information on Fulton County, visit
http://www.co.fulton.ga.us.

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/08-12-2003/0001999442&EDATE=

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/