Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Timmy Talk-

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2003 09:14:44 -0400

Timmy Talk-

NEW YORK (Dow Jones)--Nextel Communications Inc.'s (NXTL) Chief Executive said
Wednesday he remains bullish on the wireless industry and his company's ability to
grow market share.

Tim Donahue reiterated the company's 2003 earnings outlook while speaking at a
Goldman Sachs conference. Nextel expects to earn $1 or more a share and to post
free cash flow of at least $600 million in 2003. The company also expects net
subscriber additions to surpass 1.9 million during the current year.

"I have been bullish and I am still bullish. I expect the industry to report a
strong third quarter. There is just a lot of momentum right now," Donahue said.
Wireless revenue is expected to reach $83 billion in 2003, roughly 24% of all
telecommunications spending.

"There's a lot of room to increase that," Donahue said.

Nextel is benefiting from customer reaction to its Direct Connect service. In
August, roughly 3.3 million Nextel customers used the service, Donahue said. In
all, more than 90% of Nextel's customers have used Direct Connect to make a call.
The company is looking to expand its Direct Connect footprint into South America.

Donahue also said wireless number portability will benefit the company because
more subscribers will sign up with Nextel. Wireless number portability may become
available in the U.S in November.

"The people who get hurt by the WNP (wireless number portability) are people who
have lousy networks, and that's not us," he said.
  -By Tom Becker, Dow Jones Newswires; 201-938-2020; [email-masked]

(END) Dow Jones Newswires
10-01-03 1045ET- - 10 45 AM EDT 10-01-03

www.dowjones.com

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/