Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Wireless Facilities Announces Multi-Year Agreement With TruePosition to Support E911 Solution for U.S. Wireless Operators

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 01:30:09 -0500

Wireless Facilities Announces Multi-Year Agreement With TruePosition to Support
E911 Solution for U.S. Wireless Operators

    SAN DIEGO, Oct. 22 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Wireless Facilities, Inc.
(WFI) (Nasdaq: WFII), a global leader in the design, deployment and management
of wireless telecommunications networks, and TruePosition, Inc., a leading
provider of location-based technologies, today announced a multi-year
agreement to support the installation and commissioning of  TruePosition's
Enhanced 911 solution initially to the major cellular and PCS operators in the
USA market.  This agreement will bring TruePosition's E911 services to a
significant number of wireless users in the United States in an expeditious
and efficient manner.
    Wireless Facilities will be one of the companies supporting the
TruePosition execution team in deploying TruePosition's Finder(tm) technology
as part of its commitment to meeting the Federal Communication Commission's
(FCC) Enhanced 911 (E911) Phase II mandate.  The FCC requires all wireless
carriers to provide designated public safety agencies with location
information for 911 calls.  For carriers using network-based technologies,
such as TruePosition's, the FCC E911 Phase II mandate calls for wireless
carriers to provide accurate data to 100 meters for 67 percent of calls and
300 meters for 95 percent of calls.
    "The Wireless Facilities agreement with TruePosition solidifies our
association into a long term relationship with the world wide leader in E911
and location technology for GSM and TDMA networks.  We are honored to be part
of this important aspect of wireless safety services for the USA and
international wireless consumer," said Greg Jacobsen, WFI Executive Vice
President.
    "We are pleased to partner with Wireless Facilities, which is one of the
companies assisting TruePosition to provide wireless location solutions to
additional wireless users across the country.  Wireless Facilities brings
experience, breadth and the same commitment as TruePosition to providing and
deploying an accurate location technology", said Michael Amarosa, Senior Vice
President for Public Affairs, TruePosition, Inc.
    "TruePosition continues to be a leader in the deployment of location
technologies in support of the E911 mandate.  Our Finder system offers the
most comprehensive solution for wireless carriers across the country.  The
company remains committed to continuous innovation to respond to market needs
in all types of environments, producing high accuracy results in urban, rural
and suburban markets.  TruePosition's location solution is compatible with all
air-interfaces and with all existing and future wireless phones," Kent Sander,
Chief Operating Office and President, TruePosition, Inc.

    About Wireless Facilities
    As a global leader in telecommunications outsourcing, Wireless Facilities,
Inc. designs, deploys, integrates and manages wireless networks and
specialized security systems for some of the largest wireless
telecommunication carriers, wireless equipment vendors and general contractors
worldwide.  Specializing in network architecture and dimensioning of mobile
and high speed wireless data systems, including third generation (3G)
networks, WFI provides a complete range of network services -- from business
and market planning to RF engineering, fixed network engineering, IP and data
engineering, site acquisition and development, installation, optimization and
maintenance.  WFI is headquartered in San Diego and has performed work in over
100 countries since the Company was founded in late 1994.  The Company has
offices in Dallas, Chicago, Seattle, Reston, Montvale, London, Gothenburg,
Stockholm, Mexico City, Sao Paulo, and Beijing. News and information are
available at http://www.wfinet.com .

    About TruePosition, Inc.
    TruePosition is a full service location solution provider offering core
location technology, professional design, installation, integration and
support services.  TruePosition's high accuracy, AnyPhone AnyWhere (R)
technology enables wireless carriers, application providers, and enterprises
to deliver value-added location-based services to mobile users worldwide.
TruePosition is a subsidiary of Liberty Media Corporation, which owns
interests in a broad range of electronic retailing, video programming,
broadband distribution, interactive technology services and communications
businesses.  Liberty Media and its affiliated companies operate in the United
States, Europe, South America and Asia with some of the world's most
recognized and respected brands, including QVC, Encore, STARZ!, Discovery,
IAC/InterActiveCorp, Court TV and Sprint PCS.  For more information, visit
http://www.trueposition.com .

    For further information, please contact Investors, Media, Greg Jacobsen,
Executive Vice President of Wireless Facilities, Inc., +1-303-979-4105,
[email-masked] .

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Rent DVDs from home.
Over 14,500 titles. Free Shipping
& No Late Fees. Try Netflix for FREE!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/ybSovB/hP.FAA/3jkFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/