Subject: [NEXTEL-1] WebMessenger Announces Mobile Instant Messaging Solutions to Bridge the Gap Between Wireless Devices

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 05:21:07 -0400

WebMessenger Announces Mobile Instant Messaging Solutions to Bridge the Gap
Between Wireless Devices, Phones and
Desktop Clients

Mobile Instant Messaging Anywhere, Anytime.
First Integrated IM Solution to Market.

SAN JOSE, Calif., Oct. 15 /PRNewswire/ -- WebMessenger, Inc., a leading
provider of platform-independent mobile Instant Messaging (IM) solutions,
today announced Webmessenger Mobile Platform 3.0 (WMP) at Instant Messaging
Planet conference.  This major new release enables complete interoperability
and presence that spans the majority of IM solutions across variety of mobile
PDA, phones and desktop systems.  The WMP 3.0 solution is targeted at
enterprise, financial service and service provider clients who need to provide
complete secure IM interoperability of enterprise data and communications.
"The mobile workforce is changing the way we communicate.  People need
secure and reliable access to sensitive enterprise or financial data to
employees, partners and customers across different types of devices and
systems," said Val Babajov, CEO of WebMessenger, Inc.  "WMP 3.0 is a major
step forward in providing a mobile device and system agnostic IM solution
targeted at customers who demand real-time secure, reliable, interoperable
access to enterprise data and communication"
The WMP 3.0 main new features and functionality include presence, enhanced
security, real-time communication, interoperability across all major IM
solutions and access to wireless enterprise data.
"Webmessenger was the first company to integrate the majority of wireless
PDA's and phone handsets into business application solutions interoperable
with private secured instant messaging systems, behind the firewall", said
Konny Zigo, WirelessDeveloper's Agency President.  "The ability of
Webmessenger Mobile Platform (WMP) to send IM traffic to and from wireless
devices like Pocket PC, Palm and BlackBerry for time-sensitive communications
is a critical requirement for mobile IM customers in the various industries:
healthcare, emergency services, logistics, financial services, field support.
The compliance of Webmessenger clients and server with Open Mobile Alliance --
Wireless Village protocol expands the reach of mobile IM to millions of
wireless consumers/prosumers."

Major Features include:

-  Instant Messaging: Webmessenger Mobile Platform (WMP) provides
real-time communication between professionals, and enables
collaboration with colleagues, customers and partners.

-  Presence: Advanced presence delivers extended status information for
the availability of your contacts (online, offline, busy, away,
custom, etc.).  Also, presence information is updated and exchanged
with all of the supported third party messaging networks.

-  Interoperability: WMP provides interoperability with all major public
and enterprise messaging systems (Sametime, MS Exchange, MS RTC,
SIP/SIMPLE, Jabber and Wireless Village).  It is also interoperable
with most of the wireless networks (Mobitex, DataTAC, GPRS, CDMA,
iDEN, etc.).

-  Wireless Enterprise Data (WED): Webmessenger 's WED framework is a
network agnostic and device-agnostic solution that extends corporate
data and applications over wireless networks to the mobile users.

WebMessenger Mobile Platform Deployment Options

-  ASP, Hosted: WMP is available as hosted ASP type solution through
direct sale channels or through web sites.

-  Enterprise, 'Behind the Firewall' Installation: WMP is installed in a
secure environment behind the company firewall.

About WebMessenger
WebMessenger is a leading provider of mobile instant messaging solutions,
interoperability software and mobile data solutions for the enterprise and
consumer market.  WebMessenger Mobile Platform (WMP) is tested on mobile
network operators in the United States, Europe and Asia.  WMP clients and
server are compliant with the Wireless Village Protocol, now part of Open
Mobile Alliance (OMA).  WMP includes clients for Blackberry, Palm OS (Treo,
Tungsten, Palmi705), Pocket PC, Nokia Communicator, J2ME, SMS, and BREW
phones.  WMP provides private, secure messaging which is interoperable with
Lotus Sametime, Microsoft Exchange Server, Microsoft RTC server, SIP/SIMPLE,
Jabber and other third party messaging platforms.
http://www.webmessenger.com

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Rent DVDs from home.
Over 14,500 titles. Free Shipping
& No Late Fees. Try Netflix for FREE!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mk9osC/hP.FAA/3jkFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/