Subject: [NEXTEL-1] 54% Increase in Gov't Owned Telecom

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 16:39:55 -0400

-------- Original Message --------
From: [email-masked]
Subject: 54% Increase in Gov't Owned Telecom

Report from conservative-minded Progress & Freedom Foundation 

“A Survey of Government-Provided Telecommunications: Disturbing Growth Continues
Unabated.”  

http://www.pff.org/publications/10.17municipaltelecom.pdf

Survey: 54% Increase in Gov't Owned Telecom   
Municipal/State-Control of Long-Distance & Wireless Skyrockets

WASHINGTON, DC – Add another significant trend to the list of telecommunications
sector phenomena with consequences for consumers: a major increase in the
number of states and municipalities entering the market as service providers,
in many cases in competition with ample private sector alternatives.  That
trend, and its likely effects on the market and consumers, is the focus of a
report released today, “A Survey of Government-Provided Telecommunications:
Disturbing Growth Continues Unabated.”  The survey reports a nearly 54-percent
increase in less than three years, with large up-ticks in the government
provision of wireless and long-distance services.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Rent DVDs from home.
Over 14,500 titles. Free Shipping
& No Late Fees. Try Netflix for FREE!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mk9osC/hP.FAA/3jkFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/