Subject: [NEXTEL-1] North America FCC Portability Guidelines Don't Address Landline Switches

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2003 09:00:28 -0400

North America   FCC Portability Guidelines Don't Address Landline Switches

The FCC clarified some uncertainties about rules allowing cellphone users to keep
their phone numbers while switching carriers, but didn't address crucial questions
about switching numbers between landlines and cellphones. The US wireless
industry, which had pushed for years of delays in implementing so-called number
portability for fear of losing customers to wireless competitors, has pushed the
FCC to issue rules easing the transferring of numbers from landlines, sensing an
opportunity to acquire customers from traditional telecom carriers. Some landline
carriers have resisted making such transfers possible on a wide basis. Reported by
The Wall Street Journal.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/