Subject: [NEXTEL-1] RF Micro Devices transceiver earns nod

From: "marcel_rf1" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 15:42:34 -0000

RF Micro Devices transceiver earns nod
RF Micro Devices Inc. announced its POLARIS TOTAL RADIO transceiver 
has achieved Full Type Approval (FTA) with Chi Mei, a leading 
Taiwanese handset Original Design Manufacturer (ODM).
The POLARIS transceiver is the world's first fully integrated 
quad-band transceiver solution and the first solution with a fully 
integrated digital interface between the handset's baseband and radio.
This marks the first time FTA has been achieved in a handset using 
RFMD's POLARIS TOTAL RADIO transceiver, according to a company press 
release.
FTA is the official certificate of conformance to GSM/GPRS standards, 
and all GSM/GPRS handsets must pass FTA before being released to the 
market.
FTA is the most significant milestone in the certification of GSM/GPRS 
handsets as it represents the final approval before production 
shipments begin.
Chi Mei expects to produce GSM/GPRS handsets, modules and PC cards 
using the POLARIS TOTAL RADIO transceiver for Original Equipment 
Manufacturers.
Shipments of the transceiver are expected to begin in the December 
2003 quarter with mass production volume to commence in the March 2004 
quarter.
The POLARIS TOTAL RADIO transceiver is an integrated GSM/GPRS radio 
transceiver that performs all the functions of the radio section of 
GSM/GPRS handsets.
The transceiver implements both very low IF (VLIF) and direct 
conversion receive (DCR) architectures and provides selectable analog 
and digital I/Q baseband interfaces.
Additionally, POLARIS reduces total component count by integrating 
voltage control oscillators (VCOs) and loop filters.
The POLARIS transceiver achieves exceptional RF performance 
particularly in sensitivity and low power consumption by capitalizing 
on the best combination of semiconductor process technologies.
The POLARIS TOTAL RADIO transceiver is offered with RFMD's PowerStar 
power amplifiers - the industry's leading GSM/GPRS power amplifiers 
with integratedpower control.

www.rfmd.com

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Rent DVDs from home.
Over 14,500 titles. Free Shipping
& No Late Fees. Try Netflix for FREE!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/ybSovB/hP.FAA/3jkFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/