Subject: [NEXTEL-1] [APCO Exchange:] Who is in favor of Nextel

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2003 19:03:27 -0400

-------- Original Message --------
From: [email-masked]
Subject: [APCO Exchange:] Who is in favor of Nextel

The following new message has been posted on APCO Exchange Forum at 

  MESSAGE:  (#2103) Who is in favor of Nextel 
            <http://www.apco911.org/theexchange/index.cgi?rev=2103> 
  AUTHOR:   BobCassan 
  DATE:     Saturday, 11 October 2003, at 6:34 p.m. 

The question is: Who in Public Safety is in favor of using Nextel as a primary 
radio system provider in place of their own radio system? 

I ask out of curiousity only and not in any way affilliated with Nextel or 
other system provider.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Rent DVDs Online - Over 14,500 titles.
No Late Fees & Free Shipping.
Try Netflix for FREE!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/JYdFFC/XP.FAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 03:01:40 -0400

-------- Original Message --------
From: [email-masked]
Subject: [APCO Exchange:] Re: Who is in favor of Nextel

*************************************************************************** 

  MESSAGE:  (#2104) Re: Who is in favor of Nextel 
            <http://www.apco911.org/theexchange/index.cgi?rev=2104> 
  AUTHOR:   Howard Tucker 
  DATE:     Saturday, 11 October 2003, at 9:27 p.m. 

  Reply To: (#2103) Who is in favor of Nextel 
  Author:   BobCassan 
  Date:     Saturday, 11 October 2003, at 6:34 p.m. 

The answer should be no one. We all should have learned our lesson from the 
big black out. 

Common sense and the NFPA demand that public safety communications be under 
the agencies complete control. 

If you want specifics just let me know. As a primary system NEXTEL/PCS/CELL, 
commercial paging is absolute NO. 

Howard 

******************************************************************