Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Rep. Bart Stupak, Michigan- Seeks FCC Auction Money To Fund 1st Responder Radio Equipment

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 04:58:54 -0400

Rep. Bart Stupak, Michigan- Seeks FCC Auction Money To Fund 1st Responder Radio
  Equipment Through "Public Safety Trust".
--------------------------------------------------------------
The Committee on Energy and Commerce
W.J. "Billy" Tauzin, Chairman

The Spectrum Needs of Our Nation's First Responders.
Subcommittee on Telecommunications and the Internet
June 11, 2003
11:00 AM
2322 Rayburn House Office Building

<SNIP>

Representative Bart Stupak, Michigan- Subcommittee on Telecommunications and the
Internet

Mr. Stupak. Let me get to Mr. Thomas. Today we had the Commercial Spectrum
Enhancement Bill. That was for DOD auction proceeds. We tried to do a public
safety trust fund so we could have the funds to provide for law enforcement and
others to improve their systems.

Can you identify any upcoming auctions that might provide a source of funding that
we can look at and do a public safety trust fund to try to get some money into all
these providers?  If I have heard anything today, it has been money, money, money.
I understand that, but we have to identify some sources.  Do you have any other
auctions coming up that might be able to provide some source of funding?

Mr. Thomas. Yes, there are several auctions coming up this year. There is one in
June. There is another one in August.  There are two in September.

Mr. Stupak. Can you identify the document you are reading from? I would move that
we make it a part of the record.  Mr. Thomas. I would be delighted to give it to
you.

Mr. Stupak. In that way we would have it and we can work on it a little bit more.

Mr. Upton. Without objection, so ordered.  [FCC auction information is available
at http:// wireless.fcc.gov/auctions/]

<SNIP>
http://energycommerce.house.gov
--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/