Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel pays US$13mil for Unifon's trunking subsidiary

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2003 19:02:18 -0400

Nextel pays US$13mil for Unifon's trunking subsidiary
October 2, 2003 3:01pm

Argentina, Oct 1, 2003 (El Cronista/SABI via COMTEX) --Nextel Argentina,
Argentina's fifth largest cellular telephone operator, which is owned by the US
wireless communications services company Nextel, has agreed to pay US$13mil for
Radio Movil Digital (RMD), the trunking services subsidiary of Unifon. The deal is
still subject to approval by the Argentinean anti-trust and competition
authorities. Unifon, which is owned by Telefonica, the Spanish telecommunications
group, is Argentina's second largest cellular telephone operator, with 1.8 million
customers and a 25% market share. The operation is part of the company's strategy
of selling non-core assets to focus on the expansion of its GSM network.

http://www.hoovers.com/free/news/detail.xhtml?ArticleID=NR20031002375.4_21de00250c1d8bb8

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/