Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Golf, The Red Cross & Nextel

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 15:14:49 -0400

Nextel Golf Tournament Benefits Red Cross

Monday, October 13, 2003 — On September 15, Nextel Communications hosted the first
annual Nextel Invitational Charity Event (N.I.C.E.), in Lansdowne, Virginia -- a
charity golf tournament to benefit the American Red Cross Armed Forces Emergency
Services Division. President and CEO of Nextel Communications, Tim Donahue,
presented Red Cross President, Marsha Evans, a check for more than $281,000 during
the luncheon following the tournament.

Significant sponsors of the event included:
Mindshare
EDS
Lightbridge
inCode
BCGI
IBM
Gemplus
HP
D&T
Cognisa
TBWA/Chiat Day
Brightpoint
ACS Software Inc.
Telcordia/CGEY
Lanier
Motorola
Tekelec
Vettro
Elutions
RIM
Merrill Lynch
Corporate Risk Solutions
Hartford Financial Group
Sun Microsystems

In addition to the golf tournament, Nextel is also sponsoring a unique program in
support of the American Red Cross Armed Forces Emergency Services entitled DONATE
A PHONE®. This program is a simple way for Americans to support military members
and their families by donating their old wireless phones. The Cellular
Telecommunications & Internet Association (CTIA) Wireless Foundation, the
philanthropic organization for the nation's wireless industry and the creator of
the DONATE A PHONE® program, estimates that approximately 30 million old wireless
phones lay idle in American homes and businesses.

"At Nextel, we're proud of our long-standing history of answering the call for the
American Red Cross, and we're encouraging all of our customers and the general
public to answer the call to support military families by supporting the Armed
Forces Emergency Services program," said Tim Donahue, president and CEO of Nextel.

http://www.redcross.org/article/0,1072,0_312_1770,00.html

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/