Subject: [NEXTEL-1] RE:$300.00 OptiCom 'knockoff' poses threat to P/S, traffic light

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 12:10:09 -0500

-------- Original Message --------
From: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: $300.00 OptiCom 'knockoff' poses threat to P/S, traffic light
controllers

We use a "Tomar" system here which uses strobes instead of IR. Each authorized
vehicle flashes a unique strobe lamp flash pattern. Only authorized codes activate
the traffic light change.

We tested a pirate version of the strobe transmitter and our system ignored it.

Rik Rasmussen
City of Durham, NC

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/