Subject: Re: [NEXTEL-1] Possible cure for lost text messages duetobottleneck?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 13:10:54 -0400

The same effect can occur where a VLR crashes, until back up tapes have
been
installed to get operational again whilst attempting to solve the issue of
VLR crash
in first place. 

Thanks - I'll do a search, first. If no luck then may be  I could take up
your offer for a
back copy off your CD.
Cheers

-------------Forwarded Message-----------------

From:   INTERNET:[email-masked],
INTERNET:[email-masked]
To:     [unknown], INTERNET:[email-masked]

RE:     Re: [NEXTEL-1] Possible cure for lost text messages
duetobottleneck?

> Okay, thanks for your comments. I was working on the basis of the
> subscriber condition invoked
> known as IMSI-detach -  the HLR has the mobile switched OFF.

And if they were under a VLR I guess it would be the same effect???

>
>
> In my ignorance, I wasn't aware about your posting. I assume it was
posted
> here on Nextel-1?
> Greg UK

Yea, it was before you joined. Try doing a search for "SMS" here
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/messages.

If you don't find it I have all the messages on CD so I can search that
way.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2003 13:28:25 -0400

> installed to get operational again whilst attempting to solve the issue of

That's what I thought. I was once trapped in VLR Hell with Nextel. My HLR was in
Va, I was on the move in TN and needed to activate a second and third NAM. My
network ID was S@#$ up so the phone would act crazy. I corrected the ID and had to
do a "Master Reset" from my HLR area  in Va.
Lucky for me I had to fly back on other businees otherwise I would have some
serious issues. Nextel has since fixed most of those issues and subscribers don't
get caught in VLR Hell any more.

> Thanks - I'll do a search, first. If no luck then may be  I could take up

Roger dat!