Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Former FCC Economists Highlight Policy Forum

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 07:35:42 -0400

Former FCC Economists Highlight Policy Forum

Oct 16, 2003

Nine former chief economists for the Federal Communications Commission will
highlight a forum this Friday titled "Seeking Efficiency, Investment and
Competition: The Chief Economists Speak Out," at the Grand Hyatt Hotel in
Washington, D.C., from 8:45 a.m. to 1:35 p.m.

The FCC Chief Economists forum is the second in a series of telecommunications
policy forums sponsored by the Center for Business and Public Policy at Georgetown
University's Robert Emmett McDonough School of Business.  The program will feature
a keynote speech by Glenn Hubbard, former chairman of the President's Council of
Economic Advisors and now Russell L. Carson Professor of Finance and Economics at
Columbia University. Session topics include: "Pricing, Unbundling and Innovation,"
"The Economics and Political Economy of Media Ownership Policy," and "The Role of
the Chief Economist in Telecom Policy."

Former FCC chief economists expected to attend include: Michael Riordan, Simon
Wilke, William Rogerson, Joseph Farrell, Michael Katz, Tom Hazlett and Howard
Shelanski. For more information, call 202-687-4080 or correspond by email to
[email-masked].

http://search.pbimedia.com/search97cgi/s97_cgi?action=View&VdkVgwKey=%2E%2E%2Fdocuments%2Farchive%2Fct%2Fct10160303%2Ehtml&DocOffset=1&Collection=archive&&ViewTemplate=new_tweb_view_ct.hts

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/