Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Wireless Technician

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 10:30:34 -0500

-------- Original Message --------
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Wireless Technician

Gainesville Regional Utilities, a municipal owned utility in Gainesville,
Florida, owns, operates and maintains a Motorola Smartzone 3.0 Simulcast
Radio System and other conventional wireless systems for the benefit of the
major public safety and service agencies in Alachua County, Florida. The
communications division of the utility, GRUCom, currently has an opening for
another wireless communication technician. A summary of the position is
listed below. If you are aware of anyone who may be interested in applying
for this position please forward this email to them or direct them to the
link listed below. 
For more information, go to the following website and click on employment
opportunities:
http://www.cityofgainesville.org/
Position Synopsis: 

TELECOMMUNICATION SPECIALIST II 
SALARY RANGE: $47,495 - $62,318 
REQUISITION #U807-04-02 
CLASS CODE 4045 
(May under fill as a Telecommunication Specialist I. Salary Range: $38,981 -
$51,147) 
GRUCOM 
APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY: 11/09/03 
This is advanced technical work installing, operating, maintaining, testing,
repairing and calibrating network equipment and facilities associated with
the utility's wireless telecommunications system. Minimum Qualifications:
Graduation from an accredited two (2) year college with major course work in
electronic engineering, engineering technology, or a related subject area
and; two (2) years experience in wireless network equipment and facilities
installation, maintenance and repair; or an equivalent combination of
training and experience which provide the required knowledge, skills and
ability. Two (2) years of simulcast trunked radio and wireless data systems
experience highly desired. Federal Communications Commission (FCC), Personal
Communications Industry Association (PCIA) or Association of Public Safety
Communications Officials (APCO) technician certification desired. NOTE:
Valid Florida Driver License required at time of employment. Work requires
performance of tasks outdoors under varying climatic conditions; physical
strength and agility sufficient to perform essential tasks, use of personal
protection equipment including hearing, eye, foot, hand and head protection.
Work at heights of over 100 feet or from aerial devices may be required.
Work may require exposure to hazardous conditions and noxious chemicals;
weekend, late night and/or overtime hours; rotating standby by telephone or
departmental issue pager and/or cellular telephone and performance of tasks
in extreme heat and confined areas.

Brad Barber
GRUCom
Phone: 	352-393-1264
Fax:	352-334-2799
Cell:	352-339-2919

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Rent DVDs from home.
Over 14,500 titles. Free Shipping
& No Late Fees. Try Netflix for FREE!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/ybSovB/hP.FAA/3jkFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/