Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Re:Good Housekeeping Selects Nextel's Nationwide Direct Connect Walkie-talkie Service as Most Reliable for Emergency Communications]

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 12:36:01 -0400

I just don't get it here we are trying to get the message out that our 1st
Responders need new multi- million dollar interoperable P-25 systems and they come
out with this???

Sooner or latter some congressmen who does not understand the difference between a
toy and a true public safety system is going to recommend we all scrap all on
going projects and buy $19.99 (yes they really do have a phone for that price)
phones from Nextel. This is not a game, joke or some irrelevant issue this is Life
Safety!.

The issue here is we have a trusted consumer magazine making recommendations on
products they have no experience evaluating. Lets see them review the XTS-5000. I
cans see it now......
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday October 14, 9:21 am ET

Motorola XTS-5000 gets a failing grade-

RESTON, Va.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Oct. 14, 2003-- Motorola XTS-5000 gets a failing
grade.
We found the following faults:

* Too Big (Does not fit into a purse or pocket)

*  Only 2 colors available (Black & Ghastly Yellow)

* Antenna does not retract

* Weighs too much.

* Too many buttons

* Has useless simple channels

* Audio too loud (disturbs over at the bridge game)

* No soft leather designer case available

* Price is too high

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Rent DVDs from home.
Over 14,500 titles. Free Shipping
& No Late Fees. Try Netflix for FREE!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/ArdFIC/hP.FAA/3jkFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/