Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Atlanta leads the nation in wireless penetration

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 14:58:23 -0400

Atlanta leads the nation in wireless penetration
By Dan Meyer
October 15 13:13:00, 2003

Wireless penetration in a number of top U.S. markets is reaching levels comparable
with a number of European markets, led by Atlanta where three-quarters of
households said they subscribe to cellular phone service, according to a report.

The report from Scarborough Research found that Atlanta led the nation in wireless
penetration with 75 percent of respondents claiming at least one member of their
households subscribed to wireless service followed by 74 percent in Detroit, and
72 percent in Washington, D.C., Miami/Ft. Lauderdale, and Austin, Texas.

The study noted the least-penetrated markets in the survey included 47 percent in
Charleston, W. Va.; 52 percent in Wilkes-Barre, Pa.; and 53 percent in Buffalo,
N.Y. Nationwide, the survey found household penetration at 66 percent, which is
higher than the approximately 50 percent population penetration reported by most
industry analysts.

“Cell-phone ownership is becoming ubiquitous,” said Bob Cohen, president of
Scarborough Research. “Local markets that lagged in cell-phone penetration
experienced a significant amount of growth in the past three years.”

Cohen added that despite the growth, the difference among markets shows marketing
of wireless service remains a local issue.

“Understanding consumers where they live—from their lifestyles and attitudes to
retail behavior and local media usage—can help wireless services marketers foster
enduring brand loyalty with customers,” Cohen said.

The Scarborough study also found that wireless consumers spent an average of $60
per month on their wireless service, and 14 percent of those surveyed plan to buy
cell phones for themselves or members of their households during the next year.

http://rcrnews.com/cgi-bin/news.pl?newsId=15481

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/