Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Fleet operators use phones more than radios

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 15:01:35 -0400

Fleet operators use phones more than radios
October 14 13:02:00, 2003

LOS ANGELES—Cell phones are the most widely used mobile communications devices
among U.S. fleet operators, according to a new survey from C.J. Driscoll &
Associates.
According to the survey of 400 fleet operators, 66 percent use cell phones, while
52 percent use two-way radios.  Another 18 percent use pagers, while 5 percent
said they use another wireless device and 5 percent said they do not use wireless
communications.

The survey also showed significant interest in vehicle location devices and
services. In fact, 31 percent of fleet operators surveyed said they expect to
purchase location devices during the next 18 months. Approximately two-thirds of
those expect that purchase to be global positioning system-capable cellular
phones.

http://rcrnews.com/cgi-bin/news.pl?newsId=15456

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/