Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel Continues to Prepare for Efficient Number Porting, Finalizes Operating Agreement with T-Mobile

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 17:45:37 -0400

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/031022/225850_1.html

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Rent DVDs Online - Over 14,500 titles.
No Late Fees & Free Shipping.
Try Netflix for FREE!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Tq9otC/XP.FAA/3jkFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

Search - Finance Home - Yahoo! - Help

Welcome,
marcel_rf1
[Sign
Out]

Money Manager
-
My Yahoo! View
-
Customize

Financial
News

Enter
symbol(s) BasicPerformanceReal-time MktDetailedChartResearchOptionsOrder
Book
Symbol Lookup

Press Release

Source:
Nextel Communications Inc.

Nextel Continues to Prepare for Efficient Number Porting, Finalizes Operating Agreement with T-Mobile
Wednesday October 22, 3:23 pm ET

RESTON, Va.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Oct. 22, 2003--Nextel Communications
Inc. (NASDAQ:NXTL - News) today announced the completion of a Service Level
Agreement (SLA) with T-Mobile USA that defines the process the
carriers will follow when porting phone numbers after the Federal
Communication Commission's (FCC) Wireless Local Number Portability
(WLNP) mandate is effective on November 24, 2003. This is Nextel's
third announced operating agreement with a non-affiliated wireless
carrier.

In the absence of porting guidelines from the FCC, Nextel has
worked diligently to establish agreements with other carriers that
will provide smooth and efficient porting experiences for customers.
In addition, Nextel has prepared its staff to handle WLNP questions,
and conducted thousands of hours of system and process testing
internally and with other carriers to ensure readiness in advance of
the WLNP mandate deadline.

"With less than a month to go before the deadline, Nextel is doing
everything it can to make sure customers can easily port their phone
numbers with confidence," said Mark Schweitzer, senior vice president
of marketing for Nextel. "Nextel's approach to WLNP is in line with
our focus on providing the best possible service and customer care
across the board."

About Nextel Communications

Nextel Communications, a Fortune 300 company based in Reston, Va.,
is a leading provider of fully integrated wireless communications
services and has built the largest guaranteed all-digital wireless
network in the country covering thousands of communities across the
United States. Nextel and Nextel Partners, Inc., currently serve 293
of the top 300 U.S. markets. Through recent market launches, Nextel
and Nextel Partners service is available today in areas of the U.S.
where approximately 243 million people live or work.

Contact:

Nextel Communications Inc., Reston
Media:
Chris Doherty, 703-433-4656
Karen Lien Miller, 630-875-4014
or
Investors:
Paul Blalock, 703-433-4300

Source:
Nextel Communications Inc.

Email this story
-
Set
a News Alert

Related
Quote

NXTL

22.89

-0.10

News

View Detailed Quote
Delayed 20 mins
Quote data provided by
Reuters

Related News Stories

·

UPDATE - Nextel Partners shares jump after earnings report - Reuters (5:23 pm)

·

US wireless industry aims to boost phone recycling - Reuters (4:08 pm)

·

[external] Nextel Connects Again - at Motley Fool (2:12 pm)

·

Team Adam Equipped with Wireless Voice and Data Services from Nextel Communications - Business Wire (1:44 pm)

More...

·

By
industry:
Computers, Networking, Telecom

Top Stories

·

Stocks Sink on Disappointing Earnings - Reuters (5:32 pm)

·

Time Warner Quarterly Net Profit Jumps - Reuters (4:00 pm)

·

Merck to Cut 4,400 Jobs, Earnings Flat - Reuters (4:57 pm)

·

J.P. Morgan Profit Up, But Revenue Flops - Reuters (5:04 pm)

More...

·

Most-emailed
articles

·

Most-viewed
articles

Copyright © 2003 Yahoo! Inc. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy - Terms of Service - Copyright Policy - Ad Feedback
Copyright
©
2003 Business Wire. All rights reserved. All
the news releases provided by Business Wire are copyrighted.
Any forms of
copying other than an individual user's personal reference
without express
written permission is prohibited. Further distribution
of these materials
by posting, archiving in a public web site or database,
or redistribution
in a computer network is strictly forbidden.