Subject: [NEXTEL-1] California Public Utilities Commission Hails Verizon's Service Quality

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 23:16:36 -0500

California Public Utilities Commission Hails Verizon's Service Quality

CPUC Decision Recognizes Company's Commitment to Outstanding Service
THOUSAND OAKS, Calif., Oct. 30 /PRNewswire/ -- The California Public
Utilities Commission today gave high marks to Verizon for the service
quality it provides to residential and business customers throughout the
state.  "Based on our statistical analysis, Verizon does not fail to
meet the performance of the reference group [of large utilities] on any
measure -- this in itself is exceptional," the commission wrote in a
decision approved at its meeting in San Francisco Thursday. "Thus, on
all significant federal measures of service quality, Verizon meets or
exceeds the performance of the reference group."

Verizon Pacific Region President Tim McCallion said, "Verizon strives
every day to provide its customers with the highest quality service in
the industry. The CPUC's recognition of Verizon's service quality
success underscores the magnitude of our commitment. Verizon's
exceptional level of customer satisfaction gives us a competitive edge
in today's increasingly crowded marketplace.  Good service is just good
business." The commission's decision, which was based on an analysis of
service data dating back as far as 1990, is part of an ongoing review of
the state's telecommunications regulations, known as the New Regulatory
Framework.  In the 13 years that the New Regulatory Framework has been
in place, it has also provided Verizon's customers with $1.6 billion in
rate reductions and encouraged the company to spend more than $6 billion
on network upgrades that result in greater reliability, greater capacity
and a broader choice of products and services.

"The New Regulatory Framework has been a tremendous success for
Verizon's customers," McCallion said. "As the commission has declared,
service has improved while rates have dropped and customer choice has
expanded."

A Fortune 10 company, Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ) is one of the
world's leading providers of communications services, with approximately
$67 billion in revenues and 221,000 employees.  Verizon companies are
the largest providers of wireline and wireless communications in the
United States, with more than 139 million access line equivalents and 36
million Verizon Wireless customers.  Verizon is the third largest
long-distance carrier for U.S. consumers, with nearly 16 million
long-distance lines.  The company is also the largest directory
publisher in the world, as measured by directory titles and
circulation.  Verizon's international presence includes wireline and
wireless communications operations and investments, primarily in the
Americas and Europe.  For more information, visit
http://www.verizon.com.

VERIZON'S ONLINE NEWS CENTER: Verizon news releases, executive speeches
and biographies, media contacts and other information are available at
Verizon's News Center on the World Wide Web at
http://www.verizon.com/news.  To receive news releases by e-mail, visit
the News Center and register for customized automatic delivery of
Verizon news releases.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: "marcel_rf1" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 04:19:22 -0000

Wow......VZ got a REAL compliment from a PUC rather than a paid one 
from J.D. No-Power.