Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel goes after Public Safety Accounts- Watch Out Private Wireless Your Next

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 15:34:56 -0400

Nextel goes after Public Safety Accounts- Watch Out Private Wireless Your Next!

Fulfilling the mission to protect and defend requires that first responders and
all who support them in times of crisis work together. To ensure success -
especially when communications must cross traditional boundaries - agencies need
secure, reliable and interoperable communications.

Nextel Wireless Solutions combine a superior all-digital network with advanced
communications and mobile data applications designed for and with public safety
agencies. You can keep your teams connected to the people and the information they
need to do their jobs, whether it's during day-to-day operations or emergency
situations. Nextel Wireless Solutions help you:
Coordinate joint response efforts.

With Group Connect™ service, Nextel's digital walkie-talkie feature for teams, you
can set up talk groups among supervisors, squads and mobile units, regardless of
agency or jurisdiction. You can then instantly and simultaneously contact everyone
on that group with the push of a button. Special restrictions apply.

Improve the safety of your officers and the public.

Police officers can run license plates or view mug shots and get critical data
quickly. Information from database queries can be used to generate automatic
alerts and calls for backup.

Ensure secure, ubiquitous lines of communication.

The all-digital Nextel National Network gives you the security of a private
network with the coverage and capacity of a public system. Nextel can also
mobilize breakthrough technology - such as satellite cellsites on wheels (SatCOWs)
- to ensure emergency coverage, even in areas beyond the Nextel National Network.

Enhance productivity in the field.

Mobile personnel can file contact reports or timesheets from their vehicles, so
they can spend more time on the street instead of at a desk.

Simplify and reduce the cost of communications.

By integrating voice and data services on one handset, Nextel solutions save you
the cost of multiple devices. Plus, Nextel's public safety solutions meet federal
grant guidelines for the purchase of interoperable communications equipment by
local and state government.

With Nextel Wireless Solutions, you get the interoperability, coverage, capacity
and reliability needed for your critical communications requirements. Contact a
Nextel Government Account Manager today to find out how Nextel can help you
implement a solution that enhances your existing communications system and needs.

http://www.nextel.com/about/enterprise/gsa/public_safety.shtml

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Rent DVDs from home.
Over 14,500 titles. Free Shipping
& No Late Fees. Try Netflix for FREE!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mk9osC/hP.FAA/3jkFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/