Subject: [NEXTEL-1] HOMELAND SECURITY: MEDIA SECURITY AND RELIABILITY COUNCIL TO REVIEW INFRASTRUCTURE SECURITY RECOMMENDATIONS SECURITY RECOMMENDATIONS

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 19:35:58 -0500

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE NEWS MEDIA CONTACT
October 30, 2003 Meribeth McCarrick (202) 418-0654

HOMELAND SECURITY:   MEDIA SECURITY AND RELIABILITY COUNCIL TO REVIEW
INFRASTRUCTURE SECURITY RECOMMENDATIONS
AT UPCOMING MEETING THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 6, 2003

Washington, D.C. – Recommendations to ensure the continued operation and
security of media infrastructure will be presented to leaders from the
broadcast, cable and satellite industries at the biannual Media Security
and Reliability Council (MSRC) meeting Thursday, November 6, 2003.

The meeting will convene from 10 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. at the Federal
Communications Commission, in the Commission Meeting Room at 445 12th
Street, S.W., Washington, D.C.

MSRC is a Federal Advisory Committee that reports to FCC Chairman
Michael K. Powell.  It is chaired by Dennis J. FitzSimons, President and
Chief Executive Officer of Tribune Company.  Chairman Powell formed MSRC
following the events of September 11, 2001, in order to study, develop
and report on best practices designed to assure the optimal reliability,
robustness and security of the broadcast and multichannel video
programming distribution industries.

The Communications Infrastructure Security, Access and Restoration
Working Group will present detailed best practices recommendations
relating to physical security, including prevention and restoration
matters. The council members have until November 26, 2003, to vote on
the recommendations.  In addition, the Public Communications and Safety
Working Group will report to the Council on an upcoming workshop they
plan to conduct.  They are preparing to study Tampa, Florida as a model
for implementation of existing MSRC best practices recommendations, and
to develop new recommendations based upon local and regional practices
in the Tampa Bay area.

Members of the general public may attend the meeting.  Real Audio and
streaming video access to the meeting will be available at
http://www.fcc.gov/.  The public may submit written comments before the
meeting to Barbara Kreisman, the Commission’s Designated Federal Officer
for MSRC.

- FCC -

Media Bureau contacts:   Barbara Kreisman (202) 418-1605
  Susan Mort (202) 418-1043

http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-240504A1.doc

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Rent DVDs Online - Over 14,500 titles.
No Late Fees & Free Shipping.
Try Netflix for FREE!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/vhSowB/XP.FAA/3jkFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/