Subject: [NEXTEL-1] MBTA-Signs a $25,717,247.77 Contract With M/A-Com, for a Systemwide Radio & CAD/AVL System.]

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2003 18:44:40 -0400

Jack,

Here is some previous info on MBTA
====================================

MBTA-Signs a $25,717,247.77 Contract With M/A-Com, for a Systemwide Radio &
CAD/AVL
System.

Public Meetings

Meeting Date 5/2/2003
Meeting Time 1:00 PM
Subject of Meeting Board of Directors Meeting
Location Ten Park Plaza, Offices of the Board, Third Floor, Room 3830, Boston, MA
MBTA Attendees MBTA Board of Directors

** PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD FOR ITEMS APPEARING ON THIS AGENDA.

1. Approval of the Minutes of the Meeting of April 10, 2003.

2. General Manager's Report.

3. Authorization for the execution of a Contract with M/A-Com, Inc., of Lowell,
Massachusetts, for the furnishing, design, manufacture, delivery, activation and
oversight
for the Systemwide Radio & CAD/AVL System for a total delivered net cost of
$25,717,247.77.

4. Authorization for the execution of a Contract with Weld Built Body Company,
Inc., of
Wyandanch, New York, to furnish and deliver two Compact Wreckers at a total net
cost of
$549,560.

OTHER BUSINESS:

Authorization for the Recording Secretary to Certify the preceding Votes
immediately
following the Meeting.

Note: This agenda has been prepared in advance and does not necessarily include
all
matters which may be taken up at this Meeting.

http://www.mbta.com/contact_us/publicmeetings_details.asp?id=250

--

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: "Bill Smith" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 20:22:31 -0400

The logic behind this is very questionable. Of the area public safety
agencies, the State Police is the only one on 800 and they are analog
Smartzone. The MBTA already has a number of UHF channels available they
could rework, and they can go for new splinters as well. Maintenance is
still on low band. Operations and police are UHF. Commuter rail is on AAR
160 freqs.

More of my hard earned tax dollars pi$$ed away by a government entity that
doesn't have a clue!

---

From: Jack Daniel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2003 17:54:25 -0700

Thanks, I was more than aware of this but others weren't.
You're going to hear a lot more other stuff from MA/Comm products and
projects soon.

Jack Daniel
======================================================

[email-masked] wrote:
>                    Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
>                        ADVERTISEMENT
> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.