Subject: Re: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel Conference call- Bubbling, Mumbling Barry West On Th...

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 14:47:33 EDT

Marcel: thanks. Actually, we are hearing that the FCC is trying to "do a 
Solomon" on Nextel and grant it 5 MHz of 1.9 GHz spectrum in exchange for its 800 
MHz spectrum in Channels 121-150 and 151-400 (and in certain EA markets where 
Southern LINC and Preferred Communication Systems, Inc. won authorizations in 
FCC Auction #44, in Channels 401-600) and 900 MHz spectrum and the promise to 
pay $850 million toward relocation costs. We also are hearing that the 
Commission is seeking to increase the amount of Nextel's promised "contribution" or 
somehow secure it with the full value of the 1.9 GHz spectrum Nextel would 
receive.

P. Waugh

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 14:56:14 -0400

So it seems Bumbling Barry let the cat out of the bag! I knew something was up.

You gota love that guy!  He means well but he always trips over his tongue. Now
you see why I wanted and accurate transcript of what he was saying. Thanks Alan!

[email-masked] wrote:

> Solomon" on Nextel and grant it 5 MHz of 1.9 GHz spectrum in exchange for its
> 800 MHz spectrum in Channels 121-150 and 151-400 (and in certain EA markets
> where Southern LINC and Preferred Communication Systems, Inc. won authorizations
> in FCC Auction #44, in Channels 401-600) and 900 MHz spectrum and the promise to
> Commission is seeking to increase the amount of Nextel's promised "contribution"
> or somehow secure it with the full value of the 1.9 GHz spectrum Nextel would
> receive.
>
> P. Waugh

---

From: mission_critical_communications <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 20:31:16 -0000

marcell>

I understand now, I was wondering why so much attention was being 
focused on Mr.West's comments. It seems he may have let some 
confidential information slip out. Good catch marcell.

>[email-masked] writes:

>Excellent analysis, and right on the money.  I'd be shocked if 
>Nextel negotiated against itself.  We wouldn't do that on behalf of
>our clients, and I wouldn't expect Nextel to, either.

>Alan

It "appears" someone negotiated against themselves.

>In a message dated 10/17/2003 12:26:38 PM Eastern Daylight Time, 
>[email-masked] writes:

 > It seems to me that he would have to be a very poor negotiator to 
 >state his acceptance or rejection of a compromise prior to the 
 >conclusions of negotiations.

I guess he is  a very poor negotiator.

>Im not stating my opinion on the consensus plan, just questioning 
>he logic of criticizing Barry West for his statements.

The critique has drawn out very useful information that had not been 
made public.

Thanks this is great.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/