Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Call for Papers 2004 ASME/IEEE Joint Rail Conference

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 05 Oct 2003 05:42:57 -0400

Call for Papers 2004 ASME/IEEE Joint Rail Conference
Baltimore, MD - Spring 2004

The increase in use of rail transportation has placed a high demand on improving
railroad technology. The continuous threat of terrorism, and most recently the
power blackout during this past summer, has caught the attention of the
engineering community. The systems that are in place now, and those of the future,
have to be practical, safe, and most importantly reliable. The annual ASME/IEEE
Joint Rail Conference, sponsored by the Land Transportation Division of the IEEE
Vehicular Technology Society and the ASME Rail Transportation Division offers a
technical forum that explores engineering principles to advance railroad
technology. Join the engineering community to share information, ideas, and
experience at the 2004 Joint Rail Conference in Baltimore, MD during the month of
April.

You are invited to submit papers for presentation and discussion at the
conference. Papers are submitted from the supply industry, rail transportation
corporations and agencies, consulting and engineering firms, and academia. This
year’s theme is “RR – Stands for Ruggedness and Reliability” - How are we
designing and maintaining systems such as GPS, Remote Control for Locomotives,
CBTC, etc. so as to be rugged and reliable in light of today’s regional and world
activities? Other papers of interest are also welcomed. Topics may include:

AC and DC traction propulsion and control systems.
Electrical power distribution and energy efficiency.
Communication Based Train Control, and EMI/EMC issues
Computer modeling and simulation of transportation systems.
Monitoring and fault detection, safety and quality assurance programs.
Rail transportation, high-speed passenger rail, rail transit, and light rail
systems.
Signal and communication systems, automation, and microprocessor control.
Other applications of electrical or electronic technologies in rail
transportation.
Authors are requested to submit 200-300 word abstracts by November 14, 2003 to:

Bih-Yuan Ku Papers Chair
National Taipei University of Technology
No. 1, Sec. 3 Chung-Hsiao E. Rd.
Taipei 106, Taiwan, R.O.C
Phone: 886-2-27712171 ext. 2192
Fax: 886-2-27317187
E-mail: [email-masked]

Electronic mail submissions are preferred. If submitted by mail or fax, please
forward a diskette/CD copy of your abstract, if possible, using WordPerfect or
Microsoft Word format.

Notification of paper acceptance will be made by December 28, 2003. Selected
papers must be submitted in an acceptable electronic format, as instructed by
January 14, 2004 for publication in the Conference Proceedings (CD format).
Lead author Advanced Registration for the Conference will be required.
http://ewh.ieee.org/soc/vts/conf/jrc/cfp/jrc04cfp.pdf

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/