Subject: [NEXTEL-1] new phones

From: "strokeoluck" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 12:22:07 -0000

Thank you to the person that posted the VERY informative information 
about new Nextel phones. A couple follow-up questions:

1) many of the phones listed said they were coming out either 
Fall '03 or 4Q '03...yet I haven't seen hid nor hair of any of these 
phones in various Nextel mall stores. Are they late w/the 
introductions?

2) Although the phones were very cool I still didn't see one that had 
a built-in keyboard. There were a couple pictures of what appeared to 
be a keyboard attached to a flip phone (not sure how tha would 
work...keep the keyboard on one hip and the phone on the other?) but 
again I'm looking for something like the pocketPC or the Blackberry 
(but more updated) w/all the new features and a built-in keyboard. 

Thanks,
R

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Rent DVDs from home.
Over 14,500 titles. Free Shipping
& No Late Fees. Try Netflix for FREE!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/ybSovB/hP.FAA/3jkFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 11:01:45 -0500

> phones in various Nextel mall stores. Are they late w/the

Nextel has released the i205 & i730
http://nextelonline.nextel.com/NASApp/onlinestore/Action/PhoneLanding?initstate=true&redirect=false

> (but more updated) w/all the new features and a built-in keyboard.

iDEN  will always be a generation behind the Samsung's, LG's , Nokia's, etc.
Motorola and others focus on the larger markets such as GSM and CDMA users.
All the "Cool" features trickle down to iDEN. Manufactures build for the
masses.
iDEN has approx. 15-16 Million users world-wide and CDMA has 30 Million users
in
the USA with just one carrier (Verizon). So who would you spend your  R&D
dollars on?
See my point? Nextel has just recently decided to focus outside their normal
business customers
and are now trying to make phones that appeal to business and consumers.
Their strategy is failing.
Look at the Wackberry, poor battery life, no speaker, ugly bulky design and a
outrageous price only a business person (or a person who needs constant email
access) ill but that thing. With so many other options business users look
else where.

Marcel-