Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Wireless Design Online Newsletter

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 13:04:55 -0500

================================================================
Wireless Design Online Newsletter - http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com
Thursday, October 30, 2003
================================================================

------------------------------------- 
FEATURED ARTICLES
-------------------------------------  

1) RF Micro Devices Announces Production Shipments to BenQ
2) Nokia: Operators Upping 3G Investments 
3) Base Station Component Market to Shrink 

---------------------------------------

1) RF Micro Devices Announces Production Shipments to BenQ

RF Micro Devices announced production shipments of the RF3140 PowerStar
power amplifier module to BenQ, a leading handset Original Design
Manufacturer (ODM) based in Taiwan. The handset is being manufactured
for a leading handset OEM and is available globally...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/59447/793725

2) Nokia: Operators Upping 3G Investments 

Nokia said Tuesday that mobile-telecommunications operators have started
to increase investments in high-speed networks after the summer holidays
and that Nokia was also pushing cheaper and slower alternatives. Nokia
has said that by late September it had shipped 27,000 radio base
stations for WCDMA mobile networks used in Japan and Europe...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/59448/793725

3) Base Station Component Market to Shrink 

During the next five years, those that sell semiconductor components
into the cellular base station market are likely to see their revenues
shrink, reports In-Stat/MDR. The high-tech market research firm finds
that while the number of worldwide cellular subscribers continues to
grow, this, unfortunately, does not translate into increasing base
station semiconductor revenues...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/59448/793725

------------------------------------- 
FEATURED PRODUCTS
-------------------------------------
  
1) WISMO Pac P3200 Series
2) FS300 Timing Module
3) PC10 Ultracapacitors

---------------------------------------

1) WISMO Pac P3200 Series

Get instant, high bit rate wireless capability in a single,
easy-to-integrate module. WISMO Pac P3200 series slashes download time
with GPRS Class 10 (up to 85.6 kbps). And innovative Chip-Pac technology
means WISMO Pac can be automatically positioned and soldered in
high-volume production runs, maximizing cost effectiveness...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/59449/793725

2) FS300 Timing Module

The model FS300 is a board-level product containing embedded
micro-controller intelligence for bi-directional communications with the
host system. It utilizes a Corning OCXO (Oven Controlled Crystal
Oscillator) as a master reference, providing multiple outputs locked to
the reference frequency...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/59450/793725

3) PC10 Ultracapacitors

The PC10 works in tandem with batteries for applications that require
both a constant low power discharge for continual function and a pulse
power for peak loads. In these applications, the device relieves
batteries of peak power functions resulting in an extension of battery
life and a reduction of overall battery size and cost. Downloadable
product datasheet available...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/59451/793725

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/