Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Cellphone translates dog barks into Japanese

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 08:13:46 -0400

Cellphone translates dog barks into Japanese

Vodafone's Japanese division has announced that after early December it will offer
Bow-Lingual CONNECT, a service that can convert dog barks into text and
expressions. Customers can enjoy Bow-Lingual CONNECT by using it in conjunction
with Vodafone K.K.’s V601SH by Sharp, a mobile handset also announced for launch
yesterday.

Bow-Lingual CONNECT allows Vodafone customers to enjoy on their mobile the
functions of the Bow-Lingual dog bark translating device first sold by Takara Co.,
Ltd. in September 2002 and was made possible by the joint development efforts of
Index Corporation and Takara Co., Ltd., the content providers and developers of
the mobile service solution.

The main feature of Vodafone’s Bow-Lingual CONNECT is Bark Translation, a function
that translates a dog’s barks into feelings. To use Bow-Lingual CONNECT, V601SH
customers must go to a Vodafone shop or other sales channel to purchase a
Bow-Lingual CONNECT Card. After inserting the card into the V601SH’s SD card slot
and booting the Bow-Lingual CONNECT Application, if a customer comes within 40cm
of a dog, barks will be analyzed resulting in text and illustrations of six dog
feelings (happy, sad, frustrated, on-guard/territorial, assertive/showing off and
needy) being displayed on the V601SH’s main display. Text can also be displayed
alongside pictures of the dog taken with the handset’s built-in mobile camera. In
addition, almost all of the other functions included in Takara’s Bow-Lingual can
be enjoyed on the V601SH.

To fully utilize Bow-Lingual CONNECT’s capabilities as a mobile service, Index
Corporation is scheduled to offer Bow-Net

on Vodafone K.K.’s Vodafone live! mobile internet service after early December. By
connecting with Bow-Net, customers will be able communicate with other users,
download various data and access additional fun features such as an Osaka dialect
version of the bark translator.

Posted to the site on 17-Oct-03

http://www.cellular-news.com/story/9947.shtml

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/