Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Wireless Design Online Newsletter

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 11:51:49 -0400

================================================================
Wireless Design Online Newsletter - http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com
Tuesday, October 13, 2003
================================================================

------------------------------------- 
FEATURED ARTICLES
-------------------------------------  

1) Dawning of Wireless Factory Era Still Riddled with Challenges
2) Dual-band Wi-Fi Chip Set Doubles Range, Cuts Power
3) Sierra Wireless Partners with Microsoft on Voq Smartphone

---------------------------------------

1) Dawning of Wireless Factory Era Still Riddled with Challenges

Currently at the initial stage of development, the wireless technologies for
industrial applications market remains highly fragmented, displaying only a vague
structure in terms of products, suppliers and applications....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/57170/793725

2) Dual-band Wi-Fi Chip Set Doubles Range, Cuts Power

Though a late entrant to a market pummeled by falling prices and cutthroat
competition, IceFyre Semiconductor believes its first-generation wireless-LAN chip
sets have the performance and flexibility to stand apart in the crowded WLAN
field...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/57171/793725

3) Sierra Wireless Partners with Microsoft on Voq Smartphone

News of Sierra's Voq partnership with Microsoft, anticipated by some observers,
sent Sierra's stock flying. The stock started to climb earlier this week when
rumors of the Microsoft deal and impending Voq launch started to emerge...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/57171/793725

------------------------------------- 
FEATURED PRODUCTS
-------------------------------------
  
1) Bluetooth Qualification Services
2) Handset Power Amplifier Test System 
3) ELT-400
4) BlueBird AMPS Modems

---------------------------------------

1) Bluetooth Qualification Services

RFI is able to offer a complete range of qualification and regulatory conformance
services for Bluetooth products, including the following key service areas:
Bluetooth Qualification Body, Bluetooth Qualification Test Facility, Bluetooth
Regulatory Requirements, and more...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/57172/793725

2) Handset Power Amplifier Test System 

PATS is a versatile, accurate and easy-to-use Power Amplifier Test System for both
base station and handset power amplifiers. With a single connection to the handset
high power test set, the NavigatorT software orchestrates the Scorpion® Direct
Receiver Access (DRA) configuration to easily and accurately perform power
amplifier measurements. Downloadable product brochure and application note
available..
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/57173/793725

3) ELT-400

The ELT-400 is a system consisting of a meter and probe that measures the B-Field
(magnetic) over a range of 10 Hz to 400 kHz. Fields up to 80mT can be measured
(Field Strength Mode), or readings can be displayed in terms of "% of limits"
(ICNIRP, Occupational or General Public, Exposure Standard Mode).. Downloadable
product datasheet available...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/57174/793725

4) BlueBird AMPS Modems

Features:
- 3-watt AMPS/analog cellular modem
- Available in circuit-board format for integration into OEM products
- Greatest geographic cellular coverage in North America
- Downloadable product datasheet available...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/57175/793725

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Rent DVDs from home.
Over 14,500 titles. Free Shipping
& No Late Fees. Try Netflix for FREE!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/ArdFIC/hP.FAA/3jkFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/