Subject: Re: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel Conference call- Bubbling, Mumbling Barry West On The...

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2003 22:53:41 EDT

Alan: could you explain Barry's comment re exchanging the Upper 200 Channels 
for the 1.9 GHz spectrum?

P. Waugh

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2003 23:24:39 -0400

Pendleton,

I'm going to save Alan from making his standard disclaimer of any knowledge.

There are only a few possibilities here.

1) Bubbling Barry West accidentally failed to link the other spectrum to the
1.9Ghz deal.

2) Nextel has revised their offer  minus the 700 & 900 mhz spectrum.

Knowing BB and all the laughs he gives the media, I bet the answer will be #1, he
BUMBLED
(but I could be wrong).  There has been talk about the amount of spectrum  that
Nextel is begging for.
This may signal an reduction in spectrum given for the amount requested.

If you noticed Timmy handed  the 800Mhz questions off to BB, this is a bad sign
for Nextel.
Timmy does not like to address "Negative" issues and often hands them off to
others in public forums.
Just another example of "How Business Gets Done"