Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Neb. PUC to ask for wireless regulation authority

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2003 15:04:36 -0400

Neb. PUC to ask for wireless regulation authority
October 01 13:47:00, 2003

WASHINGTON—The Nebraska Public Service Commission said it will ask the state
legislature next year for authority to
regulate wireless service and billing.

“As the wireless industry grows and users become more dependent on them, it is
important that we ensure dependable
service and accurate billing. Other states have or are considering similar
action,” said PSC Commission Chair Anne Boyle.

On a related front, New Mexico state regulators reportedly have cracked down on
two wireless carriers—Leap
Communications Inc. and Alltel Communications—for allegedly charging consumers
extra for detailed paper phone bills.

The mobile-phone industry is most concerned with a California Public Utilities
Commission plan to institute a bill of rights
for telecom consumers.

http://rcrnews.com/cgi-bin/news.pl?newsId=15305

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/