Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Safe America Announces Motorola as Sponsor of Homeland Security Program

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 11:16:05 -0400

Safe America Announces Motorola as Sponsor of Homeland Security Program

Operation Safe America to Sponsor Mock Disaster Drill to Test Government,
Community and Business Preparedness

ATLANTA, Oct. 16 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- The Safe America Foundation announced
that Motorola, Inc. (NYSE: MOT) will be an Anchor Sponsor in the Foundation's
Operation Safe America, a mock disaster drill that will be held in Atlanta next
April.  Operation Safe America will involve some 100 leaders from government,
community and business organizations to test preparedness for emergencies and help
build bridges between all levels of government and the local community of
organizations and citizens.

The Safe America Foundation and its partners have developed personal and corporate
planning programs to address readiness in the event of disaster.  The Department
of Homeland Security also will be involved in the Atlanta event, which is planned
as a template for other regions of the country.  Motorola will provide
communications expertise, equipment and events logistics support.
"We are pleased that Motorola has agreed to be a major sponsor and partner in
Operation Safe America," said Foundation President Len Pagano.  "Natural, man-made
and financial disasters confront us in this new era of technology and unsettled
international politics.  As a major provider of Homeland Security communications
solutions, Motorola recognizes and understands the heightened need for
communications and information solutions that help government and businesses
enhance the safety of our communities." "Attacks against our nation have
heightened the need to invest in planning for emergencies," said Rich Baids,
Motorola vice president and general manager, Radio Systems Division.
"We are committed to help our customers become more proactive in prevention and
detection of threats to citizens and plan for emergencies," Baids said.
"Sponsoring Operation Safe America is an extension of our role to help customers
develop comprehensive emergency plans that include critical communications
capabilities and solutions."

Operation Safe America will initiate its planning processes for preparedness next
April in Atlanta.  The Atlanta drill will serve as a template for programs in
other cities.  Motorola will provide communications expertise, equipment and event
logistics support.  Consulting firm Booz Allen Hamilton, Inc. will provide and
administer the disaster war game.  "Safe America designed this simulated event to
help form a better bridge between all levels of government and the local community
of organizations and citizens," Pagano said.  "We are excited by Motorola's
interest in the project and hope that other businesses will see the value of this
key program," Pagano said.

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=SVBIZINK3.story&STORY=/www/story/10-16-2003/0002037448&EDATE=THU+Oct+16+2003,+11:00+AM

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Rent DVDs from home.
Over 14,500 titles. Free Shipping
& No Late Fees. Try Netflix for FREE!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mk9osC/hP.FAA/3jkFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/