Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Re: Local Government license renewals

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 00:33:32 -0400

-------- Original Message --------
From: Richard Darden <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Re: Local Government license renewals

Alan and others may wish to review FCC Public Notice DA03-2729, August 
22, 2003.
This notice explains that waiver requests and, if applicable, waiver 
FEES are now required for renewals not completed before the expiration 
date of the license, including those filed within 30 days after the 
expiration date.
In other words, you may get them to renew the license within the 30 day 
"grace" period after license expiration, but a waiver ( and possibly a 
waiver fee) is now required to get them to consider this.  This is a 
change which all should be aware of and watch out for.

[email-masked] wrote:

> Without belaboring the policy issues (which we'll save for another time),
> private licensees are permitted to file fairly simple reinstatement 
> requests
> within 30 days of the expiration date.  Don't miss that date, or the 
> waiver
> process that would come after that is more complicated, expensive and 
> without a
> guarantee of success.
>
> Alan S. Tilles, Esquire

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Rent DVDs from home.
Over 14,500 titles. Free Shipping
& No Late Fees. Try Netflix for FREE!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mk9osC/hP.FAA/3jkFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 13:59:08 -0400

-------- Original Message --------
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Local Government license renewals

You are correct, John.  You properly point out the importance of preserving 
licenses.  To that end, it is imperative that people know their expiration 
dates, know their construction dates, and know their filing requirements (whether 
it be regulatory fees, or whatever).  To that end, every organization, 
regardless of size, must have a person designated for care and feeding of their 
spectrum.  Whether that's a person in house, or outsourced, its a must.  Spectrum 
is near and dear, and not free anymore.

BTW, with regard to Richard's comment, I didn't mean to suggest that a waiver 
fee wasn't necessary, only that (particularly for public safety entities) 
getting that reinstatement in within 30 days is almost assurance of getting the 
license back.

Alan S. Tilles, Esquire
Shulman, Rogers, Gandal, Pordy & Ecker, P.A.
11921 Rockville Pike, Third Floor
Rockville, Maryland 20852
301-231-0930
<A HREF="www.shulmanrogers.com">www.shulmanrogers.com</A>

In a message dated 10/23/2003 10:40:58 AM Eastern Daylight Time, 
[email-masked] writes:

> There are many people in my area desperate for frequencies. If they 
> see a license expire, they will jump on it. Immediately submitting an 
> application to use that frequency for their agency. If their 
> application gets processed you have no chance of getting your license 
> back. I've seen this happen. 
> 
> I almost lost a license a few months ago. Even though all paperwork 
> was submitted in time. The FCC claimed they were missing some 
> documents. Once they checked their records they confirmed all 
> paperwork was present and was in on time, they still wanted us to 
> submit a new application. Which meant going through coodination 
> again, new application fees, etc. It took several hours of phone 
> calls to get it straightened out, explaining to them it was their 
> fault the license wasn't renewed, not ours.
> 
> Get your paperwork in early. Leave yourself time to fix any problems 
> that may arise during renewal process. If you don't want your 
> frequency someone else does.
> 
> John
> Comm Resource Mgmt
> Sparta, NJ
> www.commresourcemgmt.com
> 
> --- In [email-masked], Richard Darden <radios@n...> wrote:
> >landmobilelawyer@a... wrote:
> >

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->