Subject: [NEXTEL-1] GPS application demand to boost market

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2003 13:14:55 -0400

GPS application demand to boost market
October 02 13:31:00, 2003

OYSTER BAY, N.Y.—Price points below $100 have made global positioning system
receivers affordable to the masses, according to research from ABI.

In fact, demand for GPS applications will help grow the global GPS market to more
than $22 billion by 2008, ABI said. ABI
expects automotive and asset tracking applications to account for half of the
global GPS market by the end of this year and expects those segments to continue
to gain market share through 2008. Handset and people-tracking applications are
expected to experience the largest growth rate through 2008.

As evidence of GPS becoming more mainstream, Coca-Cola reportedly plans to attach
GPS transponders to certain Coke cans for a promotional ploy during next summer’s
Olympic Games.

Coke drinkers who happen upon GPS-enabled cans will be tracked down by Coke and
awarded a prize. The company unveiled plans for a similar promotion, Thrill
Seeker, to take place in Australia during the Rugby World Cup finals starting this
month.

http://rcrnews.com/cgi-bin/news.pl?newsId=15320

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/