Subject: [NEXTEL-1] NEXTEL As Primary PS Radio

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2003 18:27:17 -0400

-------- Original Message --------
From: "hithel" <[email-masked]>
Subject:  NEXTEL As Primary PS Radio

http://www.sonoma-county.org/cvrems/pdf/redcom/doag_minutes_030828.pdf

You can see that they are going to install NEXTELs to allow "posting" of
ambulances.

Sonoma County California recently upgraded their Fire/EMS Dispatch. I think they
built a new dispatch center, and I think they hired AMR (the big ambulance
company) to run it. Fire units use 2 or 3 repeatered 154 Mhz channels for dispatch
and response. I think that 155.100 is a repeater channel that they have
historically used to dispatch ambulances in Sonoma and Lake Counties.

Apparently Sonoma County wants to use the NEXTEL radios to take some of the radio
traffic off of 155.10R. They will do the page out / initial ambulance dispatch on
155.10R - and then assign a second ambulance (via NEXTEL) to move into the area
left vacant by the first unit.

Peter S - Boston MA - 3000 miles away

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: Don Root <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 10:14:00 -0700

Its funny how things work out...

The California Emergency Services Association (State and Local 
Emergency Managers) is holding their annual conference at Lake
Tahoe right now.  Guess who's ESMR network is showing full signal
strength, but is not able to provide PTT services or cellular-like
services?

Done.