Subject: [NEXTEL-1] The Public Safety Communications Trust Fund

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 04:34:28 -0400

REPORT OF
THE
STATE AUDITOR
Public Safety Communications Trust Fund
Financial and Performance Audit

January 2002

LEGISLATIVE AUDIT COMMITTEE
JOANNE HILL, CPA

STATE OF COLORADO Acting State Auditor
OFFICE OF THE STATE AUDITOR Legislative Services Building

January 28, 2002
Members of the Legislative Audit Committee:
This report contains the results of a financial and performance audit of the
Public Safety
Communications Trust Fund (Fund). The audit was conducted pursuant to Section
24-30-908.5
(6), C.R.S., which authorizes the State Auditor to investigate the affairs of the
Fund, severally
examine the properties and records relating to the Fund, and prescribe accounting
methods and
procedures for rendering periodical reports in relation to disbursements and
purchases made
from the Fund. The report presents our findings, conclusions, and recommendations,
and the
responses of the Department of Personnel & Administration.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overview

The Public Safety Communications Trust Fund (Fund), which is administered by the
Department of Personnel & Administration, was established pursuant to House Bill
98-1068
to purchase and maintain public safety radio communications systems for use by
state agencies
including, but not limited to, the Departments of Public Safety, Transportation,
Natural
Resources, and Corrections. Monies appropriated to the Fund come from state
capital
construction funds and are being used to pay for the installation of a new digital
trunked radio
system, which will replace the State's existing analog radio system. Replacement
of the State's
analog radio system was prompted by obsolescence issues, interoperability
concerns, and
coverage problems. Colorado's actions to replace its analog radio system parallel
those being
undertaken by other federal, state, and local public entities throughout the
United States. All
Colorado state agencies and any local government agency desiring to participate
will share the
Digital Trunked Radio System once it is completed.

http://www.state.co.us/gov_dir/audit_dir/2002/2002fin/1387.pdf

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Rent DVDs Online - Over 14,500 titles.
No Late Fees & Free Shipping.
Try Netflix for FREE!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/JYdFFC/XP.FAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/