Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Unstrung Insider Analyzes Leading CDMA Carriers and Equipment Suppliers

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 11:28:32 -0500

Unstrung Insider Analyzes Leading CDMA Carriers and Equipment Suppliers
NEW YORK, Oct. 29 /PRNewswire/ -- Unstrung Insider

(http://www.unstrung.com/insider), the subscription research service of
Unstrung
(http://www.unstrung.com), today released "CDMA Networks: Full Speed
Ahead" -- examining how the advent of high-speed Code Division Multiple
Access technology is reshaping the market for both carriers and
equipment vendors.  Using case studies of the leading carriers in Asia
and North America, the report shows that carrier investment in
high-speed networking infrastructure generates substantially higher data
revenues.

"CDMA subscriber numbers are roaring ahead, data ARPUs are on the rise,
and new CDMA operators are springing up around the world," enthuses
Unstrung Insider research analyst Gabriel Brown. "What's encouraging is
that this is broad-based success, ranging from high-end, 3G data
services over EV-DO, through to low-cost, limited-mobility, wireless
local loop CDMA networks for voice and data."
For infrastructure suppliers, the report identifies developing economies
as key markets for growth. However, to succeed on the thin profit
margins these regions are likely to yield, vendors need flexible product
platforms that can be readily adapted to local applications and
frequency bands.  Unstrung Insider identifies SK Telecom as the leading
3G CDMA carrier; it also asserts that Verizon Wireless's and KDDI's CDMA
EV-DO launches will act as catalysts for wireless data across the
service provider industry.

* CDMA carriers analyzed in this report are: KDDI Corp. (Tokyo: 9433);
SK Telecom (NYSE: SKM); Sprint PCS; Verizon Communications Inc.

* CDMA equipment vendors analyzed in this report are: LM Ericsson
(Nasdaq: ERICY); Lucent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: LU); Motorola Inc.;
Nortel Networks Corp.; Qualcomm Inc.; Samsung Electronics Co.

The new report is available individually for $400, or as part of an
annual subscription to Unstrung Insider, which is regularly priced at
$1,250. The annual subscription -- 12 monthly issues and access to all
archived reports, as well as special features such as electronic news
alerts -- will be available for a limited time for a special
introductory price of $899. To subscribe or for further information, go
to: http://www.unstrung.com/insider.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/