Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Software Defined Radio (SDR) Forum-New Spec for 3G Base Stations

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2003 23:44:08 -0400

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/Oct2003/5901.htm

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

<script src="http://scripts.cgispy.com/randombanner/javarbanner.cgi?user=3Gtelecoms" language="JavaScript">
</script>

3G
HOME ssAdvertising
and Sponsorship ssFREE
Daily 3G Newsletter

ALL
TODAY'S PRESS RELEASES SEE BELOW

New
Spec for 3G Base Stations

1st
October, 2003

US
: Ericsson, Huawei, NEC, Nortel Networks and Siemens - the parties co-operating
in the CPRI (Common Public Radio Interface) industry initiative - today
announced the open publication of the specification for the key internal
interface in the radio base station. The CPRI specification for this
key interface is the first in the industry.

The companies have, in four months, completed the specification ahead
of schedule. The parties' individual objectives are to introduce products
compatible to the specification on the market during 2004.

CPRI focuses on
a 3G radio base station design that divides the radio base station into
a radio and a control part, by specifying one new interface - the only
and unique radio driven interconnect point within base stations. This
will enable each part of the base station to better benefit from the
technology evolution in its respective area.

The CPRI specification is openly available for the benefit of the wireless
industry. Key benefits for network operators are the availability of
wider radio base station portfolio with adaptability to all deployment
scenarios with a shorter time to market. The CPRI specification enables
base station manufacturers and component vendors to focus their research
and development efforts on their core competencies. The CPRI specification
allows for new architectures and is not limited by module dimensions
or a pre-defined function split.

The CPRI initiative complements current activities in existing standardization
bodies. The interface developed will be used for radio base station
products in mobile systems.

NEC
e606 Phone Review
: Read
MORE

Free
3G Phones

TODAY'S
PRESS RELEASES

New
Spec for 3G Base Stations

Ericsson,
Huawei, NEC, Nortel Networks and Siemens - the parties co-operating in the
CPRI (Common Public Radio Interface) industry initiative

Software
Defined Radio (SDR) Forum

The
Software Defined Radio (SDR) Forum announced that it is conducting research
to gain crucial insight into wireless operator requirements

KPN
Mobile Takes Lucent 3G

Lucent
Technologies announced that it has been awarded a multi-million dollar contract
with KPN Mobile to support the operator's 3G UMTS network.

3G
Football 500

Video
mobile network 3 today unveiled a new £15 a month price plan that
brings video mobile services ...

3G
CDMA2000 Dominates

3G
CDMA2000 subscribers generate significantly higher revenue - up to 50 percent
more - than 2G subscribers.

Real-time
Multi-player Gaming Over 3G

elata
and Synergenix, a leading developer of 2D and 3D gaming technology, have
partnered with Terraplay Systems to provide...

3G
Home

3G
Forum

Subscribe
To Newsletter

3G
Press Releases

3G
Phone Zone

3G
Fun Zone

3G
New Launches

3G
Events

3G
Reports

3G
Directory

Advertise

All
Material Subject to Copyright. All logos, graphics and trademarks are the
property of their respective owners.