Subject: [NEXTEL-1] IM Does Railway GSM

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 00:16:24 -0400

IM Does Railway GSM
10.14.03

ROME -- A cooperation agreement has been stipulated between TIM and RFI, the
company responsible for the infrastructure of the Group Ferrovie dello Stato. The
multi-year agreement will enable TIM, by means of the installation of dedicated
masts, to optimise the coverage of its own GSM network (900 MHz band) and allow
its customers to use their mobiles in tunnels (where RFI is installing equipment
to amplify the radio signal) and over the entire railway network.

The cooperation agreement, furthermore, provides for national roaming on the RFI's
GSM-R network (on December 2002, RFI was assigned a GSM-R mobile radio licence by
the Ministry of the Communications, where R stands for Railway). The GSM-R
architecture is similar to that of the public GSM networks and with respect to
which the GSM-R can be easily interconnected. Negotiations are also in progress
with other mobile telephone operators.
http://www.unstrung.com/document.asp?doc_id=41854

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/