Subject: [NEXTEL-1] MobileCom suing Fastlink for industrial espionage

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2003 08:53:56 -0400

MobileCom suing Fastlink for industrial espionage

Jordan Times - 24/09/2003

AMMAN — MobileCom is taking Fastlink to court for industrial espionage, MobileCom
CEO Mickael Ghossein confirmed on Tuesday.

"We have a case against Fastlink concerning some spies," Ghossein said in reply to
a question. "We believe that Fastlink approached some MobileCom employees and paid
them to have inside information. The case is ongoing, I will not say more, but I
believe we have a solid case."

Ghossein was speaking at a press conference on the occasion of the third
anniversary of MobileCom, which entered the market on Sept. 15, 2000, breaking
Fastlink's five-year monopoly in mobile services.

Industry sources reported that the suit, which could well represent one of
Jordan's first cases of industrial espionage, was filed in April 2003 and only
very recently declared legitimate by the general prosecutor.

The nature of the information that the alleged "spies" would have passed on to
Fastlink was not clear, but according to some they included marketing strategies
and new offers.

The lawsuit is the latest chapter in a fierce competition war between the two
mobile operators — a war that, analysts agree, has benefited firstly and mostly
the consumer.  Over the past three years, in fact, prices have on average dropped
to one third of what they were, while mobile penetration has skyrocketed from 2.4
to 21.1 per cent.
Reviewing the achievements of three years of operations, Ghossein yesterday said
his company, a subsidiary of Jordan Telecom, has so far invested some JD130
million in the market.

Covering 99 per cent of populated areas in the Kingdom and counting 340,000
subscribers, MobileCom said its rates of dropped calls and refused calls are below
two per cent.

http://www.menafn.com/qn_news_story_s.asp?StoryId=29763

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/