Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Another Nokia phone catches fire

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 09:53:40 -0400

Another Nokia phone catches fire

A second person has been reportedly burnt by a Nokia phone in Vietnam. This takes
the recent toll to four, two in Vietnam and two in The Netherlands. Nguyen Van
Linh was playing billiards in the central city of Danang when he felt something
hot in his pants pocket. The heat was being generated by his Nokia 8250 handset,
according to a report in the Lao Dong newspaper.

Linh was forced to remove his trousers as he was unable to take the phone out of
the pocket and had to smash the phone with a cue ball to remove the smouldering
battery.

Again, no confirmation as to whether the battery was a 3rd party supplied battery
has been offered yet.
Posted to the site on 13-Oct-03

http://www.cellular-news.com/story/9896.shtml

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/