Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Info-Cop Teams with Sierra Wireless

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 05 Oct 2003 03:27:25 -0400

Info-Cop Teams with Sierra Wireless to Bring Next Generation Wireless
Communications to Public Safety Departments New Jersey Police Agencies Now Armed
with Real-Time Information Tools for Wireless Devices

Newark, N.J

October 1st, 2003

Info-Cop announced today its combined effort with Sierra Wireless to bring
next generation wireless capabilities to law enforcement and public safety
offices in the state of New Jersey. Currently, 15 agencies throughout the
state are using the Info-Cop software in conjunction with the AirCard® 555,
a wireless PC Card from Sierra Wireless operating on the Verizon Wireless
Express NetworkT. This wireless solution will instantly provide officers in
the field with direct, wireless access to motor vehicle and warrant
information, as well as photo images in real time.

Successful implementations are positive news for a public safety industry
concerned with the transition from cellular digital packet data (CDPD)
wireless networks to faster and more reliable next generation CDMA2000 1X
wireless networks. New Jersey agencies using Info-Cop software and the
Sierra Wireless AirCard 555 can seamlessly transition to the next generation
network without compromising the viability of their legacy communications
systems because Info-Cop supports all popular public and private wireless
networks.

Beyond bridging the conversion gap between legacy and next generation
wireless systems, Info-Cop automates outdated query processes to instantly
gather background information. Using Info-Cop, officers have real-time
access to local, state and federal crime databases that were traditionally
accessed only after several minutes of correspondence with a dispatcher. The
combination of powerful software and reliable, high-speed access to
information over next generation wireless networks, enables officers to
reduce risk in potentially dangerous situations and spend more time on the
"street" rather than on the radio or behind a console awaiting information.

"Providing our officers with the tools they need to do their job and keep
themselves and our communities safe has always been a top priority," said
Peter Lutz, MIS director at the Newark Police Department. "Info-Cop's ease
of use, high performance, platform-agnostic design and minimal training time
make it a perfect solution for us. By rapidly exchanging in-depth
information with wide area technology via the AirCard 555 over the Verizon
Wireless Express Network, we have armed our officers with high speed
technology to fight crime faster and safer than ever before."

"The successful implementation in New Jersey clearly demonstrates this
solution can make a difference in public safety departments throughout the
country," said Rich Picolli, founder and CEO of Info-Cop. "Regardless of
size, agencies nationwide must find a solution that bridges the gap between
legacy CDPD networks and today's high-speed next generation networks.
Info-Cop not only provides this link, but goes beyond by developing an
automated method to instantly tap into valuable police databases while in
the field."

As the number of Info-Cop subscribers grows, the system's usefulness
increases, because Info-Cop allows users to access and create real-time
records for other Info-Cop subscribers to view. That immediate access to
federal, state and local databases empowers officers to assess situations
more quickly and accurately and to act accordingly. Info-Cop also improves
officer and public safety by enabling real-time tracking and sharing of any
summons or warnings issued on the Info-Cop system.

"High-speed wireless technology is playing an integral part in today's law
enforcement environment through enhanced field communication and officer
safety," said Jason Cohenour, Senior Vice President, Worldwide Sales for
Sierra Wireless. "Working with our partners, we are proud to offer our
public safety customers a wide selection of wireless data products that
provide officers with fast, wireless access to mission critical information.
With complete wireless solutions, officers on the street can stay connected,
improve efficiencies and help save lives."

About the size of a credit card, the Sierra Wireless AirCard 555 is a
Wireless Wide Area Network (WWAN) card that utilizes CDMA2000 1X technology.
The AirCard 555, combined with a handheld device such as a police
cruiser-mounted laptop or PDA (Personal Digital Assistant), provides users
with a fast wireless connection and high performance while accessing vital
information in the field.

About Info-Cop
Info-Cop was created by a team of professionals in 2001 and has been quickly
and successfully deployed by more than 150 law enforcement and emergency
response agencies. To view sample software visuals, visit
http://www.info-cop.com.

About Sierra Wireless
Sierra Wireless, Inc. is a global leader in delivering highly differentiated
wireless solutions. Sierra Wireless develops and markets the AirCard®, a
wireless PC Card for portable computers, OEM modules for embedded
applications, and rugged vehicle-mounted wireless systems. Sierra Wireless
is the founding member of the WirelessReady® Alliance, a partnership of
industry-leading hardware, software, and service companies committed to the
delivery of complete and compelling wireless data solutions. For more
information on Sierra Wireless, please visit its web site at
http://www.sierrawireless.com.

http://www.sierrawireless.com/news/oct-01-03.asp

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/