Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Wireless Design Online Newsletter

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2003 11:35:49 -0400

================================================================
Wireless Design Online Newsletter - http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com
Tuesday, October 7, 2003
================================================================

------------------------------------- 
FEATURED ARTICLES
-------------------------------------  

1) AWR and Sonnet Shipping Seamless Integration of Microwave Office 2003 with
Sonnet em
2) Motorola to Spin Off Semiconductor Unit
3) IEEE Forms Group to Explore Wireless Personal Area Networks at 60 GHz

---------------------------------------

1) AWR and Sonnet Shipping Seamless Integration of Microwave Office 2003 with
Sonnet em

Applied Wave Research and Sonnet Software announced a circuit-to-EM integration
that will enable monolithic microwave integrated circuit (MMIC), radio-frequency
(RF), and microwave engineers to translate circuit layouts between AWR's Microwave
Office design suite and Sonnet's em software through the AWR EM Socket
interface...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/56245/793725

2) Motorola to Spin Off Semiconductor Unit

Motorola Inc. on Monday said it would spin off its semiconductor unit into a
separate company as it focuses more closely on its battle with Nokia over the
mobile phone market. The move by the No. 2 mobile phone maker was not a surprise
but came faster than expected and boosted Motorola's share to a new high for the
past year...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/56246/793725

3) IEEE Forms Group to Explore Wireless Personal Area Networks at 60 GHz

The IEEE has formed an interest group to explore the use of the 60 GHz band for
wireless personal area networks (WPANs), which generally have a range of 10
meters. This little-used, 7 GHz-wide portion of the radio spectrum (as defined in
FCC 47 CFR 15.255) avoids interference with nearly all electronic devices and
promises to allow more WPANs to occupy the same building...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/56246/793725

------------------------------------- 
FEATURED PRODUCTS
-------------------------------------
  
1) EMI Air Filters
2) L-Band Ultra Low Phase Frequency Synthesizers
3) Hermetic Filters

---------------------------------------

1) EMI Air Filters

Filtering of the intake air of electronic equipment enclosures where EMI/RFI
shielding is also a criteria is the task of MAJR's line of shielded air filters.
High-efficiency air filters are supplied ready to install with an EMI/RFI gasket
as an integral part of the filter assembly. The rigidity of the mounting frame
makes installation and removal for cleaning an easy task...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/56247/793725

2) L-Band Ultra Low Phase Frequency Synthesizers

The MFS series of Microwave Frequency Synthesizers from Elcom Technologies, Inc.,
consume only 8 watts of power, making it ideal for applications requiring wider
operating temperatures and smaller power supplies. The compact devices employ a
single module design implemented with CMOS, ASICs, advanced MMICs, and a dedicated
microprocessor...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/56248/793725

3) Hermetic Filters

Some applications require the need for a complete hermetic package, which is
completely impervious to the outside environmental conditions. Corry Micronics
offers the industry standard broadband filters in 1/4-28 thread with a .383 body
and the 5/16-24 thread with a .702 body. Both packages are available in C, LB, LT,
Pi and T configurations. Downloadable product datasheets and catalog available...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/56249/793725

-------------------------------------
CONSULTING SERVICES 
-------------------------------------

ProSavvy specializes in bringing clients who have projects together with our
network of over 2000 prequalified consultants in every discipline. ProSavvy's
solutions help businesses receive apples-to-apples comparisons, quick responses,
and a no-hassle bidding environment. This service is complimentary and there are
no contact commitments. Let ProSavvy do the work for you and in as little as 24
hours you'll start to receive responses from qualified consulting firms. Visit
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/56250/793725 and post your project today!

-------------------------------------
CONTINUING EDUCATION
-------------------------------------

Find the best school to meet your needs. Go for an Associates, Bachelors or
Masters Degree. Find an Online school specializing in your field of interest or
find a Campus school right in your back yard. Answer a few basic questions and we
will find the schools that match your needs and get you information from each.
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/56251/793725

-------------------------------------
INDUSTRY EVENTS
-------------------------------------

WIRELESS SOLUTIONS
IIR Telecommunications and Technology conferences focus on wireless solutions,
including profitability and next-generation strategies, indoor coverage and
capacity, prepaid services, WLANs and WiFi technologies, and more. We encourage
you to visit IIR Telecoms and technology's web site for a complete listing of
upcoming events!
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/56252/793725

2003 IEEE GAAS IC SYMPOSIUM
Join us for the 25th Anniversary of the GaAs IC Symposium in sunny San Diego, CA,
this November 9-12, 2003. This event covers the latest developments in compound
semiconductor materials, devices and circuits as well as trends in commercial
applications and government R&D. See link for on-line registration and related
information.
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/56253/793725

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/