Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Phoenix Center Telecom Policy Symposium Slated Nov. 6

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 20:34:50 -0500

Phoenix Center Telecom Policy Symposium Slated Nov. 6

Oct 24, 2003

The Phoenix Center for Advanced Legal & Economic Public Policy Studies on Nov. 6
will host its annual U.S. Telecoms Symposium, during which it will again bring
together major policymakers, scholars and industry players to discuss current
developments in an open and neutral forum. The event will take place 8 a.m.-2
p.m., in the Ultra Room at the International Spy Museum, 800 F St. NW, Washington,
D.C.
House Judiciary Committee Chairman F. James Sensenbrenner (R-Wisc.), will be the
featured keynote speaker during the morning session. This speech is expected to
mark Sensenbrenner's first public comment on the controversial Verizon v. Trinko
case - which is currently under deliberation at the U.S.  Supreme Court.
Sensenbrenner is also expected to share his views on the future application of the
antitrust laws to the telecommunications industry generally.

Other speakers lined up for the symposium include: Dr. Jerry B. Duvall, director
of Economic Research - FCC Media Bureau; Dr. Simon Wilkie, FCC chief economist;
Dr. Robert Willig, Princeton University; Dr. Tom Hazlett, Manhattan Institute; Dr.
George Ford, chief economist - Z-Tel; Dr. Kent Nilsson, special counsel, FCC
Office of Engineering and Technology; Dave Belanger, chief scientist, AT&T Labs;
David Cohen, acting general counsel, United States Telecom Association; Daniel
Brenner, senior VP for Law and Policy, National Cable & Telecommunications
Association; Thomas Koutsky, adjunct fellow, Phoenix Center; Julian Epstein,
principle, LawMedia Group LLC (former chief minority counsel, House Judiciary
Committee); James Bradford Ramsay, general counsel, National Association of
Regulatory Utility Commissioners; John Thorne, deputy general counsel, Verizon; J.
Bruce McDonald, deputy assistant attorney general for Regulated Industries, U.S.
Department of Justice - Antitrust Division; and Commissioner J. Joseph Curran,
Maryland Public Service Commission.

Additionally, the Center will be bestow its annual Duvall Public Service Award
this year to FCC Commissioner Kevin Martin.
http://search.pbimedia.com/search97cgi/s97_cgi?action=View&VdkVgwKey=%2E%2E%2Fdocuments%2Farchive%2Fct%2Fct10240302%2Ehtml&DocOffset=1&Collection=archive&&ViewTemplate=new_tweb_view_ct.hts

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Rent DVDs from home.
Over 14,500 titles. Free Shipping
& No Late Fees. Try Netflix for FREE!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/ybSovB/hP.FAA/3jkFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/