Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Wi-Fi systems help airport operations, along with travelers

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 19:41:33 -0400

Wi-Fi systems help airport operations, along with travelers
October 21 13:43:00, 2003

WASHINGTON—Airports are starting to deploy Wi-Fi networks, not just for frequent
fliers, but for airport operations, such
as baggage and ticketing.

These Wi-Fi networks are in some cases replacing and in other places augmenting
private wireless networks, Andrew Kemmetmueller, wireless local area network
project manager for Arinc Inc., told RCR Wireless News after presenting at today’s
conference of the Wireless Airport Association.

The main buzz of the third annual WAA conference was Wi-Fi—the good, the bad and
the profitable vs. the non-profitable.

http://rcrnews.com/cgi-bin/news.pl?newsId=15589

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Rent DVDs from home.
Over 14,500 titles. Free Shipping
& No Late Fees. Try Netflix for FREE!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mk9osC/hP.FAA/3jkFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/