Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Lehman On Bumbling, Mumbling Barry West- Re: "Scam Plan"

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2003 12:39:33 -0400

Lehman On Bumbling, Mumbling Barry West- Re: "Scam Plan"

Management have expressed encouragement with the progress being made at the FCC on
the Consensus Plan spectrum swap proposal and have indicated that a decision may
be reached by the end of 2003 or in early 2004.  Chief Technology Officer Barry
West stated that there was a `growing agreement` at the FCC that a retune of the
800 MHz band was necessary and that the Consensus Plan remains the only plan that
is truly a viable solution to the interference problems.  While we believe
acceptance of the Consensus Plan would be an important positive for Nextel and
have accounted for the $850 million retuning investment in our model, we believe
Nextel is unlikely to get everything it has requested in the proposal.
Nevertheless, we think that Nextel has sufficient operating and financial
flexibility to acquire and utilize other spectrum should the plan not be accepted
by the Commission.

 http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/message/12649

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/