Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Numberportability.con

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 13:16:26 -0400

http://www.wow-com.com/news/wireless_newslines/press_release.cfm?press_id=5415

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

WOW-COM® World of Wireless Communications - CTIA

Cellular Telecommunications & Internet Association

sponsored by:

events   |
eStore   |
press   |
directory   |
about CTIA   |
careers site

151,178,526
Current US Wireless Subscribers - October, 22, 2003 1:11:25 PM EST     text    translate    send to a friend

home> CTIA news center > CTIA wireless newslines

industry issues & answers

news

market research & statistics

wireless internet caucus

daily publications

member only area

Wireless Newsline Releases

Add a Wireless News Release

NUMBERPORTABILITY.COM ANNOUNCES NEW CELL PHONE SERVICE MARKETPLACE

October 21, 2003 - NumberPortability.com

New York, October 21, 2003 – Numberportability.com today announced a new cell phone service marketplace at its web site - www.numberportability.com. The marketplace will be fully operational November 24, 2003 when Wireless Local Number Portability becomes a reality in the United States thanks to the recent FCC mandate. Wireless Local Number Portability will enable cell phone customers to switch mobile carriers without losing their phone number.
“Many cell phone users are unhappy with the coverage and the many fees that are added to their monthly bills,” says Jan-Joost (“JJ”) Rueb, founder and CEO of NumberPortability.com. “We anticipate a battlefield after November 24, in which the providers with the best coverage and most predictable billing will be successful.” Rueb believes that the first months may show large numbers of consumers shopping for new providers and better services. “When number portability was introduced in Hong Kong in 1999, nine per cent of the subscribers switched provider during the first month.”
Rueb and his co-founders have a long history in the European telecom industry, where number portability was introduced several years ago. According to Rueb, “The bottom line is that the market will become more competitive and consumers will get better deals. Our site will serve to accelerate competition. Consumers should reference it for the latest market developments.”
About NumberPortability.com:
NumberPortability.com is an independent New York based company, founded to better educate consumers about their telecom options in the rapidly changing U.S. wireless market. It helps wireless users find the best available service for their needs and locations free of charge. For wireless providers it operates as a marketplace to offer their best deals to potential customers. NumberPortability.com is funded by Gramercy Telecom Ventures, LLC, (New York, NY) and Brik, LLC (Charlottesville, VA).
For more information: www.numberportability.com Email: [email-masked] Phone: 434 971 8555

Quick Search by Keyword:

ADVANCED SEARCH

Advertise on WOW-COM |
Terms of Use |
Privacy Policy |
Contact Us

© 2003 Cellular Telecommunications & Internet Association. All Rights Reserved.

1250 Connecticut Avenue, NW Suite 800 | Washington, DC 20036 | Phone : (202) 785 - 0081