Subject: [NEXTEL-1] High Tech Child Safety Roundtable

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2003 17:39:31 -0400

-------- Original Message --------
   From: "Richard M. Smith" <[email-masked]>
Subject: High Tech Child Safety Roundtable

 http://www.kidlocate.net/index.html
The First Conference of Its Kind

With the existing threat of crime and terrorism in our homeland, the concern for
school safety progresses to a concern for child safety.

The High Tech Child Safety Roundtable is your opportunity to participate in the
first-ever summit on establishing a child-safety standard for using wireless
communications to protect children from harm.

This premier conference will bring together child safety advocates, crisis
response experts, and wireless communications developers to examine a concept that
promotes the widespread use of RF-ID tags concealed in children's clothing as an
effective crime deterrent and crisis safeguard.

The technology is now available to protect children from harm, before they become
victims. A coordinated investigation of the technical promise and the societal
issues can help us understand how effective high-tech child safety solutions can
be. The High Tech Child Safety Roundtable launches this formative, collaborative
effort.

Assembling the Stakeholders

If you are a member of any of the following types of organizations, you can be
instrumental in examining the possibility of realizing practical, affordable
solutions and identifying the challenges.

Protection Agencies (DOJ, DHS)
Children & Parenting Groups
Law Enforcement Agencies
Zigbee, WiMedia, or IEEE
Wireless Communications Companies
Security Monitoring Services
Mapping Software Developers
Regulatory agencies i.e., NIST & FCC
Children's Clothing Manufacturers
Children's Shoe Manufacturers
Child Safety Advocates
  RF Tag Manufacturers

Together examine the feasibility of a wireless child locator system.