Subject: [NEXTEL-1] 3G Football Coming Home, Coming Home

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2003 09:23:22 -0400

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/Oct2003/5917.htm

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

<script src="http://scripts.cgispy.com/randombanner/javarbanner.cgi?user=3Gtelecoms" language="JavaScript">
</script>

3G
HOME ssAdvertising
and Sponsorship ssFREE
Daily 3G Newsletter

ALL
TODAY'S PRESS RELEASES SEE BELOW

Vodafone
Offer 3G Football

6th
October 2003

Europe
: Hutchison 3G and Vodafone have landed the exclusive FA Premier League
football rights to stream goals, highlights and archive content to 3G
mobiles in the UK. This was agreed for an undisclosed amount with the
FA.

Currently,
only 3 has exclusive rights but the current deal ends this season. Hutchison
3G paid £35 million pounds for the current exclusive rights yet
due to network and phone delays have only managed to use this years entitlement
of the exisiting contract.The new agreement ( Vodafone and 3G ) starts
in September 2004 and ends in May 2008 and will cover around 1,150 FA
Premier League matches.

Vodafone
and 3 will offer : video match highlights, match previews, archive, round
ups, audio alerts, match scores and picture messaging.

3’s existing, ground-breaking football
service launched in March 2003 is a popular choice for customers who want
the latest action delivered to the palm of their hand. Videosport on 3
gives customers the flexibility to enjoy the action when they’re
out and about, whatever they are doing, so there’s no need to describe
that great goal to mates in the pub, they can just show them on the video
mobile.

Gavin
Darby, CEO, Vodafone UK commented, "Vodafone live! has consistently
delivered premium services to our customers and the FA Premier League
deal further enhances what is already an excellent offering. Sport is
inextricably linked with Vodafone through our sponsorships and this deal
further strengthens what we can offer. Our bid partnership with 3 has
ensured that we were best placed to deliver value for the Premiership
clubs."

Gareth
Jones, COO, 3 UK said, "3 already offers customers highlights from
this season's Barclaycard Premiership on their video mobiles. Today's
three season agreement re-inforces 3's position as the home of mobile
football. The improved rights package guarantees customers an enhanced
service until 2007.

Our
joint bid with Vodafone is good news for fans, the clubs and ensures we
continue to offer the leading football mobile service in the market."
Richard Scudamore, Chief Executive, FA Premier League added, "The
FA Premier League is happy to continue its partnership with 3 and welcomes
the addition of Vodafone to our central mobile phone rights offering.

"These
two companies have a proven track record in delivering quality services
to their customers; this will be of obvious benefit to the competition
as well as offering yet more access and choice for FA Premier League fans."

Video mobile network 3 last week unveiled
a new £15 a month price plan that brings video mobile services within
the reach of everybody in the UK with a mobile phone contract.

Last week, 3 announced Football 500 and
a new range of add-on content bundles, which combined with existing price
plans, bring the full range of video mobile services, including video
calling, to the 14 million* people currently on a monthly mobile contract.

NEC
e606 Phone Review
: Read
MORE

Free
3G Phones

TODAY'S
PRESS RELEASES

3G
Video Call Metrics

SK
Telecom has selected DNA as the video telephony reference platform for its
3G WCDMA network

3
and Vodafone Offer 3G Football

Exclusive
FA Premier League football rights to stream goals, highlights and archive
content to 3G mobiles

TeliaSonera
Takes EDGE Wireless in Finland

TeliaSonera's
Finnish customers can start using the EDGE-technology enabling faster mobile
data services.

3G
UMTS Will Be Adopted

Four
factors are driving UMTS adoption : regulatory mandates, greater network
capacity, reduced capital and operating costs, and availability of well-functioning,
numerous, and low-priced handset models."

Recommendations
on MMS Wireless

The
MMS implementation reference document defines GSM operator recommendations
for interoperability between different network core elements and key interfaces

3D
Wireless Wow

By
enabling the WOW technology on their handsets, mobile phone OEMs can now
deliver a spacious, natural and immersive 3D audio listening experience.

3G
Integrated Basestation

REMEC
announced that it has been selected to build initial quantities of an integrated
Wideband Code Division Multiple Access..

3G
Home

3G
Forum

Subscribe
To Newsletter

3G
Press Releases

3G
Phone Zone

3G
Fun Zone

3G
New Launches

3G
Events

3G
Reports

3G
Directory

Advertise

All
Material Subject to Copyright. All logos, graphics and trademarks are the
property of their respective owners.