Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel named official wireless provider for Funai Classic

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 08:19:04 -0400

September 23, 2003

Nextel named official wireless provider for Funai Classic
Noelle Haner-Dorr
Staff Writer

Disney Sports Attractions Inc. and Nextel Communications Inc. have 
inked a deal making Nextel the official wireless provider of the 
2003 Funai Classic at the Walt Disney World Resort. 

The Professional Golfers' of America Association Tour event will 
held on Disney's Palm and Magnolia golf courses between Oct. 20 and 
Oct. 26. 

Financial terms of the agreement were not disclosed. 

However, as part of the agreement, Nextel will offer fans the 
opportunity to make phone calls using Nextel wireless service or 
make walkie-talkie calls using Nextel Nationwide Direct Connect at 
three communication tents located on the 3rd, 8th and 14th greens. 

Nextel personnel also will be on hand at the tents to answer 
questions or provide assistance. 

"Joining an industry leader in wireless communications with the 
Funai Classic ensures first-rate communications during the event and 
shows our dedication of presenting the most stimulating sporting 
event to our guests," says Mike Millay, director of sports events 
for Disney Sports Attractions, in a prepared statement. 

The Funai Classic will be nationally televised on ESPN on Oct. 23-25 
and on ABC on Oct. 26. Times still are being determined. 

http://sanfrancisco.bizjournals.com/orlando/stories/2003/09/22/daily20.html

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Rent DVDs Online - Over 14,500 titles.
No Late Fees & Free Shipping.
Try Netflix for FREE!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Tq9otC/XP.FAA/3jkFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: Joe Griffin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 09:00:41 -0400

> 2003 Funai Classic at the Walt Disney World Resort.
seems kinda strange that for such a big event they waited that long to 
make an arrangement with a sponsor, unless someone else dropped out and 
Nextel stepped up to the plate.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->