Subject: [NEXTEL-1] How's it going, Jack?

From: "Todd Ellis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 20:40:56 -0400

Jack:

I saw this picture on the web - how are things your way??

Todd

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: Jack Daniel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 18:29:27 -0700

Todd, 
To give you an idea how close this is, we may not need street lights
tonight. It was twilight all day due to the smoke. Rained ashes for a
long time. I didn't think too much about it until the wife brought in a
4 x 6 inch piece of newspaper that was burned on all edges that fell
from the sky. The driveway has lots of black, scorched leaves on it.

And we're about three miles away from the fireline! 
I know now how these things jump up to a mile or so.

After all that, we are in no danger at this time but I did archive
everything onto a removable hard drive today.

I haven't heard the final details on the chopper. It made a soft landing
with a mechanical this morning near the fire line and wasn't able to fly
out. Bet it got scorched at least but no injuries.

Going to go monitor the situation from my patio now. Been humming to the
tune of Deep in the Heart of Texas: The flames at night are so big and
bright...deep in the burbs of Cucamonga....

Thanks for asking.
Jack Daniel
==============================================

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 13:32:13 -0500

Jack Are You O.K??

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Rent DVDs Online - Over 14,500 titles.
No Late Fees & Free Shipping.
Try Netflix for FREE!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/vhSowB/XP.FAA/3jkFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->