Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Cingular Ranked Highest in Customer Satisfaction by J.D. Power and Associates

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 15:13:24 -0400

Cingular Ranked Highest in Customer Satisfaction by J.D. Power and Associates

Independent Study Highlights Cingular's Strength in Customer Service,
                         Cost of Service and Billing

ATLANTA, Oct. 16 /PRNewswire/ -- Cingular Wireless, the second largest wireless
carrier in the nation, today announced it tied for the J.D. Power and Associates
award for 'Highest Overall Satisfaction Among Wireless Telephone Users In The
Southeast Region in a Tie.'  The award is part of the 2003 U.S.  Wireless Regional
Customer Satisfaction Study(SM).

Conducted regionally by J.D. Power and Associates, the study measures customer
satisfaction of eight wireless carriers based on survey respondents' experiences
and perceptions of their wireless carriers' call performance, customer service,
service plan options, brand image, cost of service and billing.  According to the
study results, Cingular's Southeast region tied for the highest ranking in overall
customer satisfaction, but scored significantly above the industry average in
terms of customer service, cost of service and billing.

"Customer satisfaction is our number one priority.  This award reinforces our
commitment to continually improve customer service and deliver innovative
offerings that best fit our customers' needs," said Steve Sitton, President of
Wireless Operations/East, Cingular Wireless.  "We have established a well-earned
reputation within the Southeast for our commitment to the customer, and we will
continue to raise this bar throughout all our service regions."

Cingular's high ranking by J.D. Power and Associates comes at a time when the
company has made a variety of efforts to continually improve customer
satisfaction.  Some of these efforts include:
    *  Reorganizing the regional sales team to empower leaders to make local
market decisions that best fit their customers' needs.
    *  Bringing the world standard in wireless technology -- GSM -- to its
customers.  GSM wireless technology is now used by 900 million customers in 200
countries.
    *  Bringing innovative products like Rollover Minutes and FastForward to
customers.
    *  Leveraging the relationship with its parent companies to deliver bundled
wireless/wireline solutions that are cost effective, convenient and valuable to
customers.
    *  Introducing advanced yet customer-friendly data services like multi-media
messaging (MMS).
    *  Bringing the advantages of GSM (Smartchip(TM) cards, advanced data, global
roaming) to an ever-wider service area.
    *  Bringing a wide selection of handsets from a greater number of
manufacturers with the latest features -- cameras, color screens, MMS
compatibility and polyphonic ringtones.

The J.D. Power and Associates 2003 Wireless Customer Satisfaction Study(SM) is
based on responses from 25,429 wireless telephone subscribers in the U.S.
Southeast Region, including nine states: Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky,
Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee.  More
information about the J.D. Power and Associates study can be found at
http://www.jdpower.com .

    ABOUT CINGULAR WIRELESS

Cingular Wireless, a joint venture between SBC Communications (NYSE: SBC) and
BellSouth (NYSE: BLS), serves more than 23 million voice and data customers across
the United States.  A leader in mobile voice and data communications, Cingular is
the only U.S. wireless carrier to offer Rollover(TM), the wireless plan that lets
customers keep their unused monthly minutes.  Cingular has launched the world's
first commercial deployment of wireless services using Enhanced Data for Global
Evolution (EDGE) technology.  Cingular provides cellular/PCS service in 43 of the
top 50 markets nationwide, and provides corporate e-mail and other advanced data
services through its GPRS, EDGE and Mobitex packet data networks.  Details of the
company are available at http://www.cingular.com .

http://www.telecomweb.com/pressreleases/10-16-2003/0002037587.htm

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Rent DVDs from home.
Over 14,500 titles. Free Shipping
& No Late Fees. Try Netflix for FREE!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mk9osC/hP.FAA/3jkFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 15:38:15 -0400

How can  Carl Consumer figure out who is the best from these headlines?
This chart helps ....Or does it?

http://www.jdpower.com/cc/telecom/jdpa_ratings/wireless/Find.jsp?s=2&v1=4
====================================================================
Nextel Ranked Highest in Customer Service Performance by J.D. Power and
Associates
RESTON, Va.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Aug. 28, 2003--

Independent Studies Confirm Nextel's Leadership in the Wireless Industry to Provide
Business
Users Top-Notch Customer Care Services and Network Quality

===================================================================

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->