Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Hop-on Acquires One of the Fastest Growing Wireless Accessory Companies

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 23:52:12 -0400

Hop-on Acquires One of the Fastest Growing Wireless Accessory Companies, With
National Distribution Network;
Names New CEO

IRVINE, Calif., Oct. 15 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Hop-on, Inc.  (OTC: HPON), the
leading developer of disposable and fully recyclable cell phones, announced today
that it has reached a definitive agreement to acquire one of the fastest growing
wireless accessory companies, with a retail distribution network including Office
Depot, Best Buy, Eckerd Drug Stores, Home Shopping Network and QVC, among others.
The complementary acquisition provides Hop-on with innovative accessories to round
out its product offerings, extensive product sourcing relationships, additional
management expertise and positive cash flow.
Under the agreement, Hop-on will acquire WirelessCompany.com, Inc., a privately
held wireless accessory company.  WirelessCompany.com was ranked as one of the Hot
100, the fastest growing entrepreneurial businesses in America, by Entrepreneur
Magazine and Dun & Bradstreet.  As part of the transaction, Dan Gannon, President
of WirelessCompany.com has been named Chief Executive Officer of Hop-on.  With
over 15 years of years of extensive experience in the software, data networking
and wireless industries, Dan was recognized as one of Entrepreneur Magazine's
leading CEO/Entrepreneurs.  Founded in 1999, WirelessCompany.com, Inc. designs,
manufactures and markets a full line of innovative and attractively priced
wireless accessories that are compatible with handsets produced by the leading
manufacturers.  These accessories include wireless hands-free (RF) headsets, car
chargers with pivoting heads and retractable cords, jeweled headsets, OEM
faceplates, flashing batteries, and carrying cases, among other products.  "This
is an ideal acquisition for Hop-on from a business and strategic standpoint," said
Samuel Demissie, President of Hop-on. "It is a cash positive business, with
extensive retail, manufacturing and distribution relationships throughout the U.S.
and China, which will assist Hop-on in launching its new disposable cell phone and
other product offerings. In addition, the acquisition further expands our
management team with the proven leadership necessary to execute on the
opportunities in front of us." Dan Gannon commented, "Hop-on has developed a great
deal of brand awareness in the wireless handset market and has assembled a very
talented group of executives.  By combining WirelessCompany.com's accessory
business and relationships with Hop-on's disposable cell phone model and research
and development team, we will be able to accelerate our growth globally."

About Hop-on

Hop-on (OTC: HPON) is the developer and marketer of the world's first disposable,
recyclable and contract free cell phone.  The Federal Communications Commission
(FCC) approved Hop-on for the world's first CDMA disposable cell phone.  Hop-on's
CDMA phone is a digital, single mode cellular handset that operates in the 800 MHz
frequency band.  Hop-on's CDMA phones, which provide a much-needed alternative to
full service cellular contracts and prepaid calling cards, are recyclable, include
a rechargeable battery and the capability to add on additional minutes.  Hop-on is
also marketing a GSM phone, which expands its product offerings for applications
in various other global markets.  For more information, visit
http://www.Hop-on.com.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/