Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Motorola to deliver CDMA PTT softswitch to European PAMR operator

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 15:12:00 -0400

Motorola to deliver CDMA  PTT softswitch to European PAMR operator
October 15 12:49:00, 2003

LISBON, Portugal—Motorola Inc. said it signed a contract with Portuguese digital
trunked radio operator RadioMovel to deliver, install and commission its first
CDMA softswitch in Europe.
The switch, acquired after the purchase of Winphoria, is five times smaller and
uses three times less power than typical legacy circuit switches, according to the
company.

Motorola wants to harness the softswitch to boost its market share in the
infrastructure business, an area it has lagged behind other marquee players.

“We are confident that once operators experience the benefits of softswitch
technology, such as reduced expenditure and the versatility of the platform to
support ready deployment of feature-rich professional applications, adoption of
the switch will gather pace in EMEA,” said Margaret Rice-Jones, vice president and
general manager for Europe, Middle East and Africa.
http://rcrnews.com/cgi-bin/news.pl?newsId=15477
--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/