Subject: [NEXTEL-1] About 40 mobile telecom base stations completed in North Korea

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 05 Oct 2003 04:14:32 -0400

About 40 mobile telecom base stations completed in North Korea
Source: BBC Monitoring Asia Pacific
Publication date: 2003-09-30

Text of article by staff reporter Yi Pyong-ch'un entitled: "From the Ministry
of Post and Telecommunications: Expanding mobile telecommunications
to nationwide scale"; published by North Korean newspaper Nodong
Sinmun on 14 September

The functionaries of the Ministry of Post and Telecommunications and the
workers of the local communications sectors have accomplished proud
results in their struggle to build a nationwide mobile telecommunications
network this year marking the 55th founding anniversary of the Republic.

According to data compiled by the relevant sectors, about 40 mobile
telecommunications base stations have been successfully constructed
and put into operation throughout the country so far this year, superbly
providing mobile telecommunications in provincial capitals and along major
highways nationwide.

The great leader [widaehan yongdoja], Comrade Kim Chong-il, has pointed
out the following.

"Today, the heavy and honourable duty of further developing the country's
communications is presented before us." [preceding quote in bold as
published]

Upholding the dear general's high intention, the ministry's functionaries
launched into work with bold operations and proactive work ethics under
the goal of winding up the construction of the country's mobile
telecommunications network in a short period of time. On the basis of its
successful completion of mobile network construction in P'yongyang City
and Nason City last year, the ministry pressed ahead with the work of
providing mobile telecommunications in provincial capitals and along major
highways under detailed and practical plans.

The ministry's functionaries put together the work of ensuring the
production of necessary facilities and supplies and putting them into place
in a short period of time based on their reasonable decisions on where to
locate mobile telecommunications base stations. Comrade Kim Mun-ch'ol,
Comrade Sin Ch'ol, and other ministerial functionaries went out to field
sites in provincial capitals and other locations themselves and solved
technical problems arising in assembling and operating facilities on a
timely basis.

Party members and workers in North Hwanghae Province set examples for
the construction of mobile telecommunications base stations. The
functionaries and employees of the provincial communications
management bureau superbly constructed mobile telecommunications
base stations and finished assembling facilities faster than anybody else,
having done a vast amount of work in a short period of time under the
guidance of the provincial party committee. The workers and employees in
the communications sectors of Chagang and South Hamgyong provinces,
upholding the party's high intention, completed their own work of mobile
telecommunications network construction at the highest level of quality.

The functionaries and engineers of the Institute of Information and
Communications under the Ministry of Post and Telecommunications
developed digital converters that were easier to use and more energy-
efficient at a much lower cost as a result of new technology innovations
and made them available to mobile telecommunications base stations.
Highly aware of their pioneering role in telecommunications modernization,
the functionaries and workers of 4 March Factory increased output to
ensure smooth supply of optical fibre cables.

The functionaries, engineers, and workers of the communications sectors,
high-spirited as victors taking pride in their completion of the second-stage
construction of a nationwide mobile telecommunications network, are
further stepping up the work of expanding mobile telecommunications to a
nationwide scale.

http://cnniw.yellowbrix.com/pages/cnniw/Story.nsp?story_id=42179670&ID=cnniw&scategory=Telecommunications%3ASatellite&

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/