Subject: [NEXTEL-1] 800MHz Staffing Question

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 22:06:58 -0500

-------- Original Message --------
From: [email-masked]
Subject: [APCO Exchange:] 800MHz Staffing Question

The following new message has been posted on APCO Exchange Forum at 
<http://www.apco911.org/theexchange/index.cgi>. 

*************************************************************************** 

  MESSAGE:	(#2168) 800MHz Staffing Question
<http://www.apco911.org/theexchange/index.cgi?rev=2168>
AUTHOR:	Mike
DATE:	Thursday, 30 October 2003, at 9:15 p.m.

Still working on my justification for staffing and was looking for some information on staffing. I am looking staffing information for fire and rescue dispatch systems utilizing the 800 MHz radios. My department just began using the 800 MHz system in July of this year. Our center is broken down into 2 corals, 1 for call takers, 1 for dispatching. In each coral their resides 1 supervisor. In addition to the supervisor in the "call taking" coral, we staff 3 additional call takers, one who is "Ready" at all times. In addition to the supervisor in the "dispatch coral", we staff an "Alpha" dispatcher, a "Bravo" dispatcher and a talk group dispatcher. Rounding out the staff is the floor supervisor for a total floor comlpliment of 9. Our department handles on average, about 300,000 - calls for help each year. I am looking for other jurisdictions, who operate similar systems, to provide me their staffing compliment. In addition, I would like to know what type of shift you work. We are currently working 2 twelves hour days, 2 twelve hour nights and four 24 hour days off for a total of 4 shifts. In 2 weeks we will be moving to a 24/48 shift and in February of 2004 moving again to a 24/72. I would like to hear, aside from your staffing, how you construct your shifts and how well they function. As always, thank you for the information. Please provide a telephone number so I can contact you for additional information. Mike.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/