Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Still Waiting On 800-MHz Re-Banding Order

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 20:04:53 -0400

Still Waiting On 800-MHz Re-Banding Order
October 24, 2003 4:56pm

Vol. 9 No. 180

Proponents of the "Public Safety Consensus Plan" to eliminate interference with
U.S. public safety radio systems have said they expected the Federal
Communications Commission to release an order from the proposed rulemaking by last
June, but later this year or early next year are the latest predictions. Nextel
Communications [Nasdaq: NXTL] and its allies in the Consensus Plan-the Association
of Public Safety Communications Officials- International and the Private Wireless
Coalition-remain committed to convincing the agency to adopt their proposal for
800 MHz re-banding.

A report in the latest issue of PBI Media's Wireless Data News newsletter
erroneously states that Nextel reduced the sum it's offering to help pay for
relocating public safety and private wireless in the 800 MHz band. Nextel's
proposal remains at $850 million-$700 million for public safety and $150 million
for private wireless. Financial support to help cover their relocation costs is as
important to public safety and private wireless operators as the spectrum-
swapping element of the Consensus Plan is to Nextel. That element would bring 10
megahertz of spectrum nationwide in the valuable 1,900 MHz band as well as
spectrum in the 800 MHz band to Nextel is important to the carrier.

http://www.TelecomWeb.com

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/