Subject: [NEXTEL-1] New Sharp Wireless Phone

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2003 05:55:11 -0400

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/Oct2003/5920.htm

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

<script src="http://scripts.cgispy.com/randombanner/javarbanner.cgi?user=3Gtelecoms" language="JavaScript">
</script>

3G
HOME ssAdvertising
and Sponsorship ssFREE
Daily 3G Newsletter

ALL
TODAY'S PRESS RELEASES SEE BELOW

New
Sharp Wireless Phone

7th October 2003

ASIA
: Vodafone K.K. announced it will offer a new Sha-mail picture messaging
handsets for sale after early November, the V401SH by Sharp. The main
features of the handsets are as follows:

V401SH

Megapixel CCD mobile camera capable of photographing 1 million effective
pixels Numerous functions that fully utilize the System LCD large-size
2.2-inch QVGA (320 x 240 pixel) display

Convenient mail functions like Auto Send for automatic mail sending and
Chat Mail Log for checking the status of sent and received mails related
to specified contacts SD Memory Card support for data storage and PC data
exchange

Easy
Mode with stripped down functions for simplified usage.

Main
Features of the V401 (Manufactured by Sharp)

•
Megapixel CCD Mobile Camera

Using the V401SH’s built-in Megapixel CCD Mobile Camera, pictures
can be taken in resolutions up to 858 x 1144 pixels and saved on an SD
Memory Card for prints via a PC orother methods. The V401SH also comes
replete with camera functions such as a seven step zoom and Burst Mode
for 25 pictures in succession—perfect for settings such as night
scenes and action filled sports events.

•
Large-size 2.2-inch QVGA System LCD

The V401SH’s System LCD utilizes Sharp’s proprietary CG Silicon
technology in its large-size 2.2-inch QVGA main display, which can show
high-resolutions of up to 260,000 colors, a maximum of 400 characters
on one screen and vivid color reproductions of photos taken with the Megapixel
CCD Mobile Camera. In addition, the V401SH comes with functions that take
full advantage of the high resolutions such as graphical icon menus, calendars
that show up to six months at a time and a scheduler that lets one add
graphical stamps as if actually pasting stickers into a date book.

•
Auto Send and Chat Mail Log

The V401SH comes packed with convenient mail functions such as Auto Send,
which lets users compose messages when they are out of range or underground
and then have the messages sent automatically once they are in range again,
Chat Mail Log for checking the status of sent and received mails related
to specified contacts, and a choice of three patterns to display sent
and received mails.

•
SD Memory Card Support (*SD Memory Cards sold separately)

The V401SH comes with an SD Memory Card slot so users can get more out
of their handset. Some applications include graphic and sound storage,
e-book and e-dictionary viewing and extended time voice recording.

•
Easy Mode

People new to mobile handsets and the elderly can use the V401SH worry-free
with Easy Mode, which limits available functions to the most essential
ones for simplified usage.

V401SH
Main Specifications

Size (Width x Height x Thickness) Approx. 48 x 95 x 23mm (when folded)

Weight Approx. 102g

Continuous talk time/standby time Approx. 150 min./approx. 450 hours (when
folded)

Main 2.2-inch (320 x 240 pixels) System LCD (maximum 260,000

colors) Display

Sub 1.1-inch (96 x 64 pixels) GF color LCD (65,536 colors)

Pixels/type 1 million effective pixels/CCD

Zoom 7x (20 steps) Mobile camera

Max. photo size 858 x 1144 pixels

Maximum no. of displayable characters

(full size)

50 characters (10 characters by 5 lines)

100 characters (10 characters by 10 lines)

400 characters (20 characters by 20 lines)

Maximum mail capacity (received/sent) 1,500/480 mails

Maximum still photo capacity (no. of

photos) 8MB, shared (maximum 1600 photos)

Ring tone voices 40 (6KB)

Java™ support Available (50KB applications)

Bilingual interface Available

Handset colors Rose Red (pictured below), Milky White, Lemon Yellow, Lilac
Blue

Retail Price (standard set): open price

The standard set consists of the mobile handset, a battery pack, rapid
charger and desktop cradle.

Availability

After early November 2003

NEC
e606 Phone Review
: Read
MORE

Free
3G Phones

TODAY'S
PRESS RELEASES

3D
Gaming Platform for 3G Mobile Phones

It
provides superior user experiences with gaming and other advanced multimedia
applications for 2.5G and 3G phones.

O2
Mobile Video Challenges 3G

O2
launched a new mobile video service in the UK that enables customers to
download or stream video content over its existing mobile data network.

New
Flash Memory For 3G Phones

New
Flash memory architecture provides additional enhanced performance feature
sets, such as, a flexible 4Mb multi-partitioned architecture, clock suspend,
and fast programming...

New
Sharp Wireless Phone

Megapixel
CCD mobile camera capable of photographing 1 million effective pixels Numerous
functions that fully utilize the System LCD large-size 2.2-inch QVGA (320
x 240 pixel) display

New
Mitsubishi Wireless Phone

Vodafone
K.K. announced it will offer a new Sha-mail picture messaging handsets for
sale after early November, the V301D by Mitsubishi Electric.

World's
Smallest Fuel Cell for Mobiles

The
new DMFC will provide a greater freedom for users of those handheld equipments
to easily recharge the batteries in a mobile environment

World's
Smallest Film Festival Mobile Phones

Oplayo’s
leading video streaming technology can today be used to view short films
from The World’s Smallest Film Festival

3G
Video Call Metrics

SK
Telecom has selected DNA as the video telephony reference platform for its
3G WCDMA network

3
and Vodafone Offer 3G Football

Exclusive
FA Premier League football rights to stream goals, highlights and archive
content to 3G mobiles

TeliaSonera
Takes EDGE Wireless in Finland

TeliaSonera's
Finnish customers can start using the EDGE-technology enabling faster mobile
data services.

3G
UMTS Will Be Adopted

Four
factors are driving UMTS adoption : regulatory mandates, greater network
capacity, reduced capital and operating costs, and availability of well-functioning,
numerous, and low-priced handset models."

Recommendations
on MMS Wireless

The
MMS implementation reference document defines GSM operator recommendations
for interoperability between different network core elements and key interfaces

3D
Wireless Wow

By
enabling the WOW technology on their handsets, mobile phone OEMs can now
deliver a spacious, natural and immersive 3D audio listening experience.

3G
Integrated Basestation

REMEC
announced that it has been selected to build initial quantities of an integrated
Wideband Code Division Multiple Access..

3G
Home

3G
Forum

Subscribe
To Newsletter

3G
Press Releases

3G
Phone Zone

3G
Fun Zone

3G
New Launches

3G
Events

3G
Reports

3G
Directory

Advertise

All
Material Subject to Copyright. All logos, graphics and trademarks are the
property of their respective owners.