Subject: [NEXTEL-1] House Commerce Committee Approves E9-1-1 Bill

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2003 13:22:19 -0400

House Commerce Committee Approves E9-1-1 Bill

WASHINGTON, D.C. – The Cellular Telecommunications & Internet Association (CTIA)
today applauded the House Committee on Energy and Commerce as it marked-up the
E9-1-1 Implementation Act of 2003.

“Once in place, E9-1-1 location technology will speed delivery of emergency
services to people in need.  But, too often states facing deficits have looked to
their E9-1-1 account in order cover budget shortfalls,” said Steve Berry, Senior
Vice President for Government Affairs at CTIA.  “This legislation will protect
E9-1-1 funds while simultaneously strengthening statewide coordination and
cooperation among local phone companies, wireless carriers and public safety.”

# # #

CTIA is the international association for the wireless telecommunications
industry, representing carriers, manufacturers and wireless Internet providers.

http://www.wow-com.com

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/