Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Gizmodo The WiSIP new voice over WiFi phone.html

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2003 13:20:38 -0400

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

Monday, September 29, 2003

The WiSIP: new voice over WiFi phone #
Category: Wireless

Jeff Pulver's new company, pulverInnovations, has come out with a WiFi phone that can make VoIP phone calls over 802.11b. Right now the WiSIP is mainly meant to be used with Free World Dialup, Jeff's Voice over IP calling network for making free calls to other Free World Dialup users, so it's not rather limited in what you can do with it, but we chatted with Jeff yesterday, and he says they're working with Vonage to make a WiSIP phone that's compatible with Vonage's VoIP service. The big deal about that is that unlike Free World Dialup, users of Vonage's VoIP service can call any phone number anywhere and get a regular ten-digit phone number so they can receive calls just like they would on a landline. Combine that with a WiSIP, and suddenly you have a wireless phone that can make supercheap phone calls from anywhere you can get WiFi.

Read

Most recent items

View Gizmodo Archives

Copyright © 2003, Gizmodo

PDAs

Laptops/PCs

Wireless

Cellphones

Software

Misc. Gadgets

Home Entertainment

Digital Cameras

Portable Audio

Peripherals

Announcements

Football Betting

About Contact Advertising

Press
Submit a Link

October 2003

September 2003

August 2003

July 2003

June 2003

May 2003

April 2003

March 2003

February 2003

January 2003

December 2002

November 2002

October 2002

September 2002

August 2002

July 2002

Complete Archive List

Syndicate this site