Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Re: Another Spurious Emission

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2003 11:52:35 -0400

-------- Original Message --------
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Another Spurious Emission 

Sorry Mr. Waugh, but the $3.3 billion to $4 billion that you cite in your 
(Preferred's) comments to the FCC have no basis in fact, or in the record.  That 
figure (which is cited by your fellow participants in the UTC/CTIA group in 
several filings) come from Motorola's estimate of the cost of rebanding under 
Nextel's original White Paper, and NOT the Consensus Proposal (for the rest of 
you, that's what the citation in their filings is to).  Thus, if you (or your 
compadres) would be interested in proving that $850 million is not enough, 
perhaps you (corporate you that is) should conduct an analysis yourself, which you 
put into the record which demonstrates your claim.  Those of us non-Nextel 
participants in the Consensus Proposal would have no problem with reviewing such 
an analysis, and analyzing whether any of our figures need to be amended.

Alan Tilles

In a message dated 10/11/2003 10:58:14 AM Eastern Standard Time, 
[email-masked] writes:
Nick: due primarily to the reasons set forth in Motorola's May 2002 Comment, 
the Consensus Parties' Rebanding Proposal costs somewhere in the $3.3 billion 
- $4 billion range. So if the FCC adopts it and it survives the numerous 
court 
challenges certain to be filed, Nextel's promise of $850 million basically 
would fund the movement of SMR, PS and B/ILT from Channels 1-120 to the 
Interleave with Nextel moving down to the vacated contiguous channels. 
Nothing else 
happens because there is no money. APCO understands this--it does not object 
to 
the lack of funding because it realizes PS outside Channels 1-120 never will 
move. APCO gets some coordination fees from Channels 1-120 movement and PS 
gets 
additional spectrum.
So these guys are happy. They are relying on the UTC/CTIA 800 MHz Users 
Coalition Proposal and Motorola's Toolbox to address interference.

We will advocate a short-term and long-term solution. Short-term, we believe 
that the UTC/CTIA Proposal and Motorola Toolbox technical solutions and 
mitigation tactics approach should be adopted.  We also support an 
alternative 
Rebanding Proposal that would treat all licensees equally and be fully 
funded.  We 
do not believe that any licensee should be forced to move with compensation 
and full funding already available.

P. Waugh

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/