Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel offers $500 mln notes, to redeem others

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 01:18:26 -0400

Reuters
Nextel offers $500 mln notes, to redeem others
Friday October 17, 12:18 am ET

NEW YORK, Oct 17 (Reuters) - Nextel Communications Inc. (NasdaqNM:NXTL - News)
said on Friday it planned to offer $500 million of 6.875 percent senior redeemable
notes, due 2013, in a public offering, to raise money for general corporate
purposes.
The notes will be priced at par.

Nextel said in a separate release that it would redeem the remainder of its 9.95
percent senior serial redeemable discount notes, due 2008, and all of its
outstanding 4.75 percent convertible senior notes, due 2007.

The fifth-largest U.S. wireless company said it expects to deliver notices of the
redemptions to the holders of the notes in the next few days, and plans to
complete the redemptions within about 30 days of the delivery of the formal
notices.

http://biz.yahoo.com/rf/031017/telecom_nextel_1.html

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Rent DVDs Online - Over 14,500 titles.
No Late Fees & Free Shipping.
Try Netflix for FREE!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Tq9otC/XP.FAA/3jkFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/