Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Re: APCO 800 MHz Symposiums

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2003 10:21:58 -0400

------- Original Message --------
From: "George Crouch" <[email-masked]>
Subject:  Re: APCO 800 MHz Symposiums

NEXTEL hit me up this week. They are trying to sell public safety on
allowing NEXTEL to patch/interconnect to their public safety systems. I
question some of the legal/FCC issues and need for FCC waivers.

In SC where we have statewide coverage, w/generators at each site and
20,000 system users, NEXTEL only has 40% coverage of the state,
indicated 3,000 public safety users and few generators, they bring no
benefits. I see it as a marketing ploy.  

George Crouch
Wireless Technology Manager
SC Budget & Control Board
Division of the State CIO 
4430 Broad River Rd.
Columbia, SC  29210
(803) 896-0367
(803) 309-2372 cell
(803) 896-0098 fax
[email-masked] (e-mail)

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/