Subject: [NEXTEL-1] POWELL APPOINTS CHAIR AND VICE CHAIR TO THE 2007 WORLD RADIOCOMMUNICATION CONFER

From: "marcel_rf1" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 19:12:44 -0000

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE	NEWS MEDIA CONTACT:
October 17, 2003	Media Contact: Tom Sullivan (202) 418-0411

FCC CHAIRMAN POWELL APPOINTS CHAIR AND VICE CHAIR TO THE 2007 WORLD 
RADIOCOMMUNICATION CONFERENCE ADVISORY COMMITTEE

	Washington, D.C. --Today, as part of its preparations for the 
next World Radiocommunication Conference (WRC-07) scheduled to convene 
in 2007, FCC Chairman Michael K. Powell announced the appointment of 
Nancy Victory as Chair, and Peter Hadinger as Vice-Chair of the FCC's 
Advisory Committee for the 2007 World Radiocommunication Conference 
(WRC-07).  This Committee will be tasked with providing advice, 
technical analyses, and specific recommendations on matters relating 
to the WRC-07.

"Both Nancy and Peter have demonstrated a unique capacity to forge 
agreement on difficult, complex issues," Chairman Powell said.  "With 
their impressive leadership records, I am confident that preparations 
for the next World Radiocommunication Conference will prove 
successful."

Nancy Victory was the former Assistant Secretary of Commerce for 
Communications and Information and the former Administrator of the 
National Telecommunications and Information Administration.  Prior to 
her appointment to the Department of Commerce, Ms. Victory was a 
partner in the Washington law firm of Wiley, Rein & Fielding, where 
she focused on legal and regulatory issues faced by communications 
companies.

Peter Hadinger is Director of Communications Initiatives for Northrop 
Grumman's Space Technology Sector.  Mr. Hadinger has taken industry 
leadership roles on global satellite issues, including privatization, 
protection and spectrum allocation.  He is past Chairman of the 
Satellite Industry Association and current vice-chair of the Satellite 
Task Force in the President's National Security Telecommunications 
Advisory Committee.

Alex Roytblat, Assistant Chief of the Strategic Analysis and 
Negotiations Division of the  FCC's  International Bureau will direct 
the Commission's WRC-07 preparatory activities and serve as the 
Designated Federal Official to the Advisory Committee.  Mr. Roytblat 
directed the Commission's preparatory activities for the 2003 World 
Radiocommunication Conference.

FCC Contacts:  Roderick Porter, Deputy Bureau Chief, International 
Bureau, 202-418-0423 and Alex Roytblat, Assistant Chief of the 
Strategic Analysis and Negotiations Division, International Bureau, 
202-418-7501.

-FCC-

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Rent DVDs from home.
Over 14,500 titles. Free Shipping
& No Late Fees. Try Netflix for FREE!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mk9osC/hP.FAA/3jkFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/