Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Re: iDEN in Puerto Rico

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 20:09:10 -0400

*****@*** wrote:

> Marcel,
>
> You seem to be extremely up-to-date with Nextel and its business.  Therefore, I
> have a question:
>
> Why is iDEN not yet developed in Puerto Rico?  Afterall, the Puerto Rico/U.S.
> Virgin Islands EA market is one of the largest in the nation.
>
> I would like to talk with you about this.
>
> Please reply.
>
> *********@*****

For BEA174 Puerto Rico & Virgin Isl.
I suspect this will be a "Nextel Parters" coverage area.

It appears most of Nextel's buildout dates are
Buildout Coverage Date (1)            03/21/2004
Buildout Coverage Date (2)            03/21/2006

At a glance looks like they players are...........................

( the FCC sever was down at the time of your request so I used
http://tk.com/wireless/smr/b174.shtml)

I will call Reston tomorrow for some more info

   High Tech Communications Services, Inc.
CL
L00000912 High Tech Communications Services, Inc.
BEA174A0  Puerto Rico & Virgin Isl.
I                                               861.000-861.500  816.000-816.500
          Buildout Coverage Date (1)            03/01/2003
          Buildout Coverage Date (2)            03/01/2005

Block B -  60 Channels
WPOH416                                         06/17/1998   Expires  06/17/2008
L         NEXTEL LICENSE HOLDINGS 5, INC.
CL        NEXTEL LICENSE HOLDINGS 5, INC.
BEA174B0  Puerto Rico & Virgin Isl.
I                                               861.500-863.000  816.500-818.000
          Buildout Coverage Date (1)            06/17/2001   Complete 06/13/2002
          Buildout Coverage Date (2)            06/17/2003   Complete 06/13/2002

Block C - 120 Channels
WPLM205                                         03/10/1998   Expires  03/10/2008
L         North Sight Communications, Inc.
CL        SHULMAN, ROGERS, GANDAL, PORDY & ECKER, P.A.
L00001557 North Sight Communications, Inc.
BEA174C0  Puerto Rico & Virgin Isl.
I                                               863.000-866.000  818.000-821.000
          Buildout Coverage Date (1)            03/10/2001   Complete 02/25/2002
          Buildout Coverage Date (2)            03/10/2003   Complete 02/25/2002

Block D  - 25 Channels
WPRQ948                                         12/20/2000   Expires  12/20/2010
L         Preferred Acquisitions, Inc.
CL
CL        Preferred Communication Systems, Inc.
BEA174D0  Puerto Rico & Virgin Isl.
I                                               851.012-851.612  806.012-806.612
          Buildout Coverage Date (1)            12/20/2003
          Buildout Coverage Date (2)            12/20/2005

Block DD - 25 Channels
WPRQ954                                         12/20/2000   Expires  12/20/2010
L         Preferred Acquisitions, Inc.
CL
CL        Preferred Communication Systems, Inc.
BEA174DD0 Puerto Rico & Virgin Isl.
I                                               851.637-852.237  806.637-807.237
          Buildout Coverage Date (1)            12/20/2003
          Buildout Coverage Date (2)            12/20/2005

Block E  - 25 Channels
WPRQ962                                         12/20/2000   Expires  12/20/2010
L         Preferred Acquisitions, Inc.
CL
CL        Preferred Communication Systems, Inc.
BEA174E0  Puerto Rico & Virgin Isl.
I                                               852.262-852.862  807.262-807.862
          Buildout Coverage Date (1)            12/20/2003
          Buildout Coverage Date (2)            12/20/2005

Block EE - 25 Channels
WPRQ967                                         12/20/2000   Expires  12/20/2010
L         Preferred Acquisitions, Inc.
CL
CL        Preferred Communication Systems, Inc.
BEA174EE0 Puerto Rico & Virgin Isl.
I                                               852.887-853.487  807.887-808.487
          Buildout Coverage Date (1)            12/20/2003
          Buildout Coverage Date (2)            12/20/2005

Block F  - 25 Channels
WPRQ972                                         12/20/2000   Expires  12/20/2010
L         Preferred Acquisitions, Inc.
CL
CL        Preferred Communication Systems, Inc.
BEA174F0  Puerto Rico & Virgin Isl.
I                                               853.501-854.112  808.512-809.112
          Buildout Coverage Date (1)            12/20/2003
          Buildout Coverage Date (2)            12/20/2005

Block FF - 25 Channels
WPRQ760                                         12/20/2000   Expires  12/20/2010
L         Nextel License Holdings 5, Inc. dba Nextel Communications
CL        Nextel Communications
L00001014 Nextel License Holdings 5, Inc. dba Nextel Communications
BEA174FF0 Puerto Rico & Virgin Isl.
I                                               854.137-854.737  809.137-809.737
          Buildout Coverage Date (1)            12/20/2003
          Buildout Coverage Date (2)            12/20/2005

Blocks G to V - 5 Channels Each
WPSA564                                         03/21/2001   Expires  03/21/2011
L         Nextel License Holdings 5, Inc. dba Nextel Communications
CL        Nextel Communications
L00001014 Nextel License Holdings 5, Inc. dba Nextel Communications
BEA174G0  Puerto Rico & Virgin Isl.
I                                               Ch201 Ch241 Ch281 Ch321 Ch341
 856.000-856.025 857.000-857.025 858.000-858.025 859.000-859.025 860.000-860.025
 811.000-811.025 812.000-812.025 813.000-813.025 814.000-814.025 815.000-815.025
          Buildout Coverage Date (1)            03/21/2004
          Buildout Coverage Date (2)            03/21/2006

WPSA628                                         03/21/2001   Expires  03/21/2011
L         Nextel License Holdings 5, Inc. dba Nextel Communications
CL        Nextel Communications
L00001014 Nextel License Holdings 5, Inc. dba Nextel Communications
BEA174H0  Puerto Rico & Virgin Isl.
I                                               Ch202 Ch242 Ch282 Ch322 Ch342
 856.025-856.050 857.025-857.050 858.025-858.050 859.025-859.050 860.025-860.050
 811.025-811.050 812.025-812.050 813.025-813.050 814.025-814.050 815.025-815.050
          Buildout Coverage Date (1)            03/21/2004
          Buildout Coverage Date (2)            03/21/2006

WPSA691                                         03/21/2001   Expires  03/21/2011
L         Nextel License Holdings 5, Inc. dba Nextel Communications
CL        Nextel Communications
L00001014 Nextel License Holdings 5, Inc. dba Nextel Communications
BEA174I0  Puerto Rico & Virgin Isl.
I                                               Ch203 Ch243 Ch283 Ch323 Ch343
 856.050-856.075 857.050-857.075 858.050-858.075 859.050-859.075 860.050-860.075
 811.050-811.075 812.050-812.075 813.050-813.075 814.050-814.075 815.050-815.075
          Buildout Coverage Date (1)            03/21/2004
          Buildout Coverage Date (2)            03/21/2006

WPSA759                                         03/21/2001   Expires  03/21/2011
L         Nextel License Holdings 5, Inc. dba Nextel Communications
CL        Nextel Communications
L00001014 Nextel License Holdings 5, Inc. dba Nextel Communications
BEA174J0  Puerto Rico & Virgin Isl.
I                                               Ch204 Ch244 Ch284 Ch324 Ch344
 856.075-856.100 857.075-857.100 858.075-858.100 859.075-859.100 860.075-860.100
 811.075-811.100 812.075-812.100 813.075-813.100 814.075-814.100 815.075-815.100
          Buildout Coverage Date (1)            03/21/2004
          Buildout Coverage Date (2)            03/21/2006

WPSA821                                         03/21/2001   Expires  03/21/2011
L         Nextel License Holdings 5, Inc. dba Nextel Communications
CL        Nextel Communications
L00001014 Nextel License Holdings 5, Inc. dba Nextel Communications
BEA174K0  Puerto Rico & Virgin Isl.
I                                               Ch205 Ch245 Ch285 Ch325 Ch345
 856.100-856.125 857.100-857.125 858.100-858.125 859.100-859.125 860.100-860.125
 811.100-811.125 812.100-812.125 813.100-813.125 814.100-814.125 815.100-815.125
          Buildout Coverage Date (1)            03/21/2004
          Buildout Coverage Date (2)            03/21/2006

WPSA886                                         03/21/2001   Expires  03/21/2011
L         Nextel License Holdings 5, Inc. dba Nextel Communications
CL        Nextel Communications
L00001014 Nextel License Holdings 5, Inc. dba Nextel Communications
BEA174L0  Puerto Rico & Virgin Isl.
I                                               Ch206 Ch246 Ch286 Ch326 Ch346
 856.125-856.150 857.125-857.150 858.125-858.150 859.125-859.150 860.125-860.150
 811.125-811.150 812.125-812.150 813.125-813.150 814.125-814.150 815.125-815.150
          Buildout Coverage Date (1)            03/21/2004
          Buildout Coverage Date (2)            03/21/2006

WPSA954                                         03/21/2001   Expires  03/21/2011
L         Nextel License Holdings 5, Inc. dba Nextel Communications
CL        Nextel Communications
L00001014 Nextel License Holdings 5, Inc. dba Nextel Communications
BEA174M0  Puerto Rico & Virgin Isl.
I                                               Ch207 Ch247 Ch287 Ch327 Ch347
 856.150-856.175 857.150-857.175 858.150-858.175 859.150-859.175 860.150-860.175
 811.150-811.175 812.150-812.175 813.150-813.175 814.150-814.175 815.150-815.175
          Buildout Coverage Date (1)            03/21/2004
          Buildout Coverage Date (2)            03/21/2006

WPSB224                                         03/21/2001   Expires  03/21/2011
L         Nextel License Holdings 5, Inc. dba Nextel Communications
CL        Nextel Communications
L00001014 Nextel License Holdings 5, Inc. dba Nextel Communications
BEA174N0  Puerto Rico & Virgin Isl.
I                                               Ch208 Ch248 Ch288 Ch328 Ch348
 856.175-856.200 857.175-857.200 858.175-858.200 859.175-859.200 860.175-860.200
 811.175-811.200 812.175-812.200 813.175-813.200 814.175-814.200 815.175-815.200
          Buildout Coverage Date (1)            03/21/2004
          Buildout Coverage Date (2)            03/21/2006

WPSB294                                         03/21/2001   Expires  03/21/2011
L         Nextel License Holdings 5, Inc. dba Nextel Communications
CL        Nextel Communications
L00001014 Nextel License Holdings 5, Inc. dba Nextel Communications
BEA174O0  Puerto Rico & Virgin Isl.
I                                               Ch221 Ch261 Ch301 Ch341 Ch361
 856.500-856.525 857.500-857.525 858.500-858.525 859.500-859.525 860.500-860.525
 811.500-811.525 812.500-812.525 813.500-813.525 814.500-814.525 815.500-815.525
          Buildout Coverage Date (1)            03/21/2004
          Buildout Coverage Date (2)            03/21/2006

WPSB364                                         03/21/2001   Expires  03/21/2011
L         Nextel License Holdings 5, Inc. dba Nextel Communications
CL        Nextel Communications
L00001014 Nextel License Holdings 5, Inc. dba Nextel Communications
BEA174P0  Puerto Rico & Virgin Isl.
I                                               Ch222 Ch262 Ch302 Ch342 Ch362
 856.525-856.550 857.525-857.550 858.525-858.550 859.525-859.550 860.525-860.550
 811.525-811.550 812.525-812.550 813.525-813.550 814.525-814.550 815.525-815.550
          Buildout Coverage Date (1)            03/21/2004
          Buildout Coverage Date (2)            03/21/2006

WPSB432                                         03/21/2001   Expires  03/21/2011
L         Nextel License Holdings 5, Inc. dba Nextel Communications
CL        Nextel Communications
L00001014 Nextel License Holdings 5, Inc. dba Nextel Communications
BEA174Q0  Puerto Rico & Virgin Isl.
I                                               Ch223 Ch263 Ch303 Ch343 Ch363
 856.550-856.575 857.550-857.575 858.550-858.575 859.550-859.575 860.550-860.575
 811.550-811.575 812.550-812.575 813.550-813.575 814.550-814.575 815.550-815.575
          Buildout Coverage Date (1)            03/21/2004
          Buildout Coverage Date (2)            03/21/2006

WPSB499                                         03/21/2001   Expires  03/21/2011
L         Nextel License Holdings 5, Inc. dba Nextel Communications
CL        Nextel Communications
L00001014 Nextel License Holdings 5, Inc. dba Nextel Communications
BEA174R0  Puerto Rico & Virgin Isl.
I                                               Ch224 Ch264 Ch304 Ch344 Ch364
 856.575-856.600 857.575-857.600 858.575-858.600 859.575-859.600 860.575-860.600
 811.575-811.600 812.575-812.600 813.575-813.600 814.575-814.600 815.575-815.600
          Buildout Coverage Date (1)            03/21/2004
          Buildout Coverage Date (2)            03/21/2006

WPSB567                                         03/21/2001   Expires  03/21/2011
L         Nextel License Holdings 5, Inc. dba Nextel Communications
CL        Nextel Communications
L00001014 Nextel License Holdings 5, Inc. dba Nextel Communications
BEA174S0  Puerto Rico & Virgin Isl.
I                                               Ch225 Ch265 Ch305 Ch345 Ch365
 856.600-856.625 857.600-857.625 858.600-858.625 859.600-859.625 860.600-860.625
 811.600-811.625 812.600-812.625 813.600-813.625 814.600-814.625 815.600-815.625
          Buildout Coverage Date (1)            03/21/2004
          Buildout Coverage Date (2)            03/21/2006

WPSB635                                         03/21/2001   Expires  03/21/2011
L         Nextel License Holdings 5, Inc. dba Nextel Communications
CL        Nextel Communications
L00001014 Nextel License Holdings 5, Inc. dba Nextel Communications
BEA174T0  Puerto Rico & Virgin Isl.
I                                               Ch226 Ch266 Ch306 Ch346 Ch366
 856.625-856.650 857.625-857.650 858.625-858.650 859.625-859.650 860.625-860.650
 811.625-811.650 812.625-812.650 813.625-813.650 814.625-814.650 815.625-815.650
          Buildout Coverage Date (1)            03/21/2004
          Buildout Coverage Date (2)            03/21/2006

WPSB703                                         03/21/2001   Expires  03/21/2011
L         Nextel License Holdings 5, Inc. dba Nextel Communications
CL        Nextel Communications
L00001014 Nextel License Holdings 5, Inc. dba Nextel Communications
BEA174U0  Puerto Rico & Virgin Isl.
I                                               Ch227 Ch267 Ch307 Ch347 Ch367
 856.650-856.675 857.650-857.675 858.650-858.675 859.650-859.675 860.650-860.675
 811.650-811.675 812.650-812.675 813.650-813.675 814.650-814.675 815.650-815.675
          Buildout Coverage Date (1)            03/21/2004
          Buildout Coverage Date (2)            03/21/2006

WPSB773                                         03/21/2001   Expires  03/21/2011
L         Nextel License Holdings 5, Inc. dba Nextel Communications
CL        Nextel Communications
L00001014 Nextel License Holdings 5, Inc. dba Nextel Communications
BEA174V0  Puerto Rico & Virgin Isl.

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 20:15:30 -0400

*****@*** wrote:

 Marcel,

  Please reply.

  *********@*****

For BEA174 Puerto Rico & Virgin Isl.
I suspect this will be a "Nextel Partners" coverage area.

I will call Reston tomorrow for some more info.

Block B -  60 Channels

Block C - 120 Channels

Block D  - 25 Channels

Block DD - 25 Channels

Block E  - 25 Channels

Block EE - 25 Channels

Block F  - 25 Channels

Block FF - 25 Channels

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/