Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Rent-A-LINK- 39 Ghz (DS3) Link For $500.00 A Year! Wow!

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 14:03:11 -0500

Rent-A-LINK- 39 Ghz (DS3) Link For $500.00 A Year! Wow!  (I'll bet it is at Five
Nines Too!)
Hello Winstar!

First Avenue Networks Launches Industry's First 39 GHz Spectrum Leasing Products

Company Introduces Express Link and Express Net

CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va., Oct. 27 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- First Avenue Networks (OTC
Bulletin Board: FRNS), the holder of one of the nation's most expansive 39 GHz
license portfolios, today introduced the industry's first 39 GHz spectrum-leasing
products.  These products offer telecommunication operators and enterprise
customers an easy, fast and capital-efficient way to lease carrier-class
spectrum.  Using First Avenue Networks' products, operators can lease 39 GHz
spectrum for as little as $500 per link, per year.

The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) recently announced new rules that
allow owners of wireless licensed spectrum to enter into third-party leasing
agreements.  First Avenue Networks developed Express Link, for link-by-link
deployments, and Express Net, for regional deployments, to facilitate
cost-effective, carrier-class, high-speed fixed wireless broadband deployments.

Currently, deploying and maintaining high-capacity terrestrial networks can be
complex, costly and time consuming.  First Avenue Networks' solutions enable
operators and enterprise customers to quickly, economically and easily build
reliable, high-speed broadband extensions for existing fiber and wireless
networks.  Providing comparable connectivity to fiber, at a fraction of the cost,
39 GHz spectrum is ideal for mobile phone traffic backhaul, fixed wireless
broadband applications, Wireless Internet Service Providers (WISPs), and 'last
mile' enterprise connections.

"Reducing operating expenditures, increasing network deployment flexibility and
shortening lead times are major industry challenges," said Paul Kellett, principal
analyst, Accuture Telecom Research.  "Simplifying the spectrum leasing process
paves the way for resolving these challenges with increased flexibility, greater
speed of deployment and significant cost reductions in spectrum utilization for
fixed wireless solutions.  In the fight for these much needed improvements, First
Avenue Networks is taking the leading role with its flexible and affordable 39 GHz
product offering."
Market Challenges: Costly Alternatives
Operators and enterprise customers currently have limited solutions for high-speed
connectivity.  They can either lease network facilities from an incumbent local
exchange carrier, deploy their own wired facilities, utilize wireless technology
in common carrier frequencies, or deploy wireless technology in an unlicensed
frequency band.  Each alternative has serious limitations for resolving the
country's high-speed telecommunications connectivity challenges.
Leasing from an incumbent local exchange carrier is costly, does not enable
network control and is becoming more difficult in light of the FCC's recent
Triennial Review.  Deploying a fiber network is expensive, disruptive and time
consuming.  Additionally, fiber is currently available to only a fraction of
businesses.
Common carrier frequencies, such as 18 GHz and 23 GHz, are crowded and require a
licensing process that can take up to six months.  Unlicensed frequencies are more
likely to experience interference and do not provide investment protection for
carrier-class links.

First Avenue Networks Fills the Gap

"First Avenue Networks' mission is to change the broadband wireless industry
landscape by introducing a very low-cost and capital-efficient way for
telecommunication providers to obtain and utilize spectrum.  We will do this by
making the 39 GHz spectrum leasing process easy, fast and very inexpensive," said
Dean M. Johnson, president and CEO, First Avenue Networks.  "We developed Express
Link and Express Net to meet the industry's need for access to inexpensive and
flexible spectrum."

Averaging over 350 MHz in the top 50 markets, First Avenue Networks' 39 GHz
spectrum offerings provide a more capital-efficient way for operators and
enterprise customers to deploy interference-free, licensed spectrum and build
reliable fixed wireless broadband networks.  The advantages of First Avenue
Networks' 39 GHz leasing products include simple and fast spectrum acquisition,
reliable investment protection and quicker installation.

Cellular and telecommunications operators who are extending existing fiber and
wireless networks, or replacing terrestrial networks with wireless backhaul
facilities, will benefit from First Avenue Networks' fast and simple 39 GHz
leasing process.  In most cases, First Avenue Networks can make its transmission
capacity available in as few as 24 hours.  On average, the frequency coordination
process takes less than three days.

First Avenue Networks holds over 750 FCC-issued licenses for the 39 GHz spectrum
band, covering virtually the entire United States.  Its footprint includes
approximately 950 million channel POPs.  First Avenue's spectrum offers operators
a carrier-class solution.  Each 39 GHz spectrum channel has 100 MHz available and
can carry up to OC-12 (622 Mbps).  Most applications utilize 45 Mbps (DS-3) to 155
Mbps (OC-3).

Changing the Landscape

First Avenue Networks' product line addresses applications from a single link
requirement to major regional deployments.  Its solutions enable operators to
quickly, inexpensively and easily build reliable, high-speed broadband extensions
for existing fiber and wireless networks by providing comparable connectivity
speeds to fiber facilities.

Express Link, First Avenue Networks' link-by-link solution, enables carriers and
enterprise customers to lease 39 GHz spectrum licenses on a per-link basis.
Costing just $500 per link, per year, this product is ideal for customers that
need to deploy one to 10 links.  Express Link users will benefit from low prices,
rapid authorization, automatic renewal terms, long-term price guarantees and no
minimum link commitment.

Express Net, First Avenue Network's regional solution, provides exclusive use of
up to 100 MHz of spectrum in a specific geographic area.  This product, which can
be tailored to meet a telecom carrier's precise coverage and bandwidth
requirements, is ideal for providers who require a large number of links, with
each link requiring a specific amount of spectrum.  Express Net users will benefit
from attractive pricing and long-term price guarantees.
First Avenue Networks' products:

* Enable operators to quickly, simply and economically build reliable, high-speed
broadband extensions for existing fiber and wireless networks.

* Offer rapid and reliable access to carrier-class spectrum, nationwide,
particularly where common carrier bands and unlicensed frequencies may be crowded
or unavailable.

* Available throughout the United States including Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico.

* Enable customers to pay as they deploy their networks, providing a
capital-efficient way to expand services.

About First Avenue Networks

First Avenue Networks (OTC Bulletin Board: FRNS), the holder of one of the
nation's most expansive 39 GHz license portfolios, is committed to providing the
fastest, simplest, most cost-effective way for telecommunication providers to
build reliable, high-speed networks.  First Avenue Network's 39 GHz licensed
spectrum leasing products, Express Link and Express Net, simplify and reduce many
of the barriers traditionally associated with deploying fixed wireless broadband
networks.  First Avenue Networks holds over 750 FCC-issued licenses for 39 GHz
spectrum, covering virtually the entire United States.  For more information,
please visit the company's web site at http://www.firstavenet.com or call (301)
524-5900.
The above information includes forward-looking statements regarding securities
trading and provision of services.  These statements are not guarantees of future
performance.  Known and unknown risks, uncertainties, and other factors, including
without limitation, capital constraints, changes to the strategy and business
plan, customer demand, technological risks, ability to manage growth, competition
and government regulation may cause actual results to differ materially from the
future results implied or expressed in the forward-looking statements.  The
Company does not undertake to update or revise its forward-looking statement
publicly even if experience of future changes make clear that any projected
results expressed or implied herein will not be realized.

SOURCE First Avenue Networks
Web Site: http://www.firstavenet.com

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/