Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Trimble Files Patent Infringement Lawsuit Against TracerNet

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 07:58:09 -0400

Trimble Files Patent Infringement Lawsuit Against TracerNet

SUNNYVALE, Calif., Oct. 14 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Trimble (Nasdaq: TRMB)
announced today that it has filed suit against TracerNet Corporation of Chantilly,
Virginia in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
for patent infringement. The complaint alleges that TracerNet is violating U.S.
Patent No. 6,611,755 issued to Trimble on August 26, 2003. The patented
auto-status technology is used in Trimble's Telvisant(R) Fleet Management System
for the ready-mix concrete market. In the lawsuit, Trimble seeks a permanent
injunction precluding TracerNet from infringing Trimble's patent as well as
monetary damages for past infringements.

Trimble's patent in suit was filed on December 19, 1999, more than one
year prior to the filing of a related U.S. patent 6,496,775 that has issued to
TracerNet. Trimble intends to ask the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office to
re-examine this TracerNet patent based on Trimble's prior art.

About the Trimble Mobile Solutions Division

The Trimble Mobile Solutions Division offers complete solutions for location-based
services (LBS) and mobile resource management (MRM), which include location-aware
mobile devices, software, Internet location-based services and wireless operator
relationships. The division focuses on advanced wireless applications for fleet
and workforce management, telematics, theft recovery and public safety.

About Trimble

Trimble is a leading innovator of Global Positioning System (GPS) technology. In
addition to providing advanced GPS components, Trimble augments GPS with other
positioning technologies as well as wireless communications and software to create
complete customer solutions. Trimble's worldwide presence and unique capabilities
position the Company for growth in emerging applications including surveying,
automobile navigation, machine guidance, asset tracking, wireless platforms, and
telecommunications infrastructure.  Founded in 1978 and headquartered in
Sunnyvale, Calif., Trimble has more than 2,000 employees in more than 20 countries
worldwide.  For an interactive look at company news and products, visit Trimble's
Web site at http://www.trimble.com .

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/10-14-2003/0002035802&EDATE=

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/