Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Five-Year, $6.7 Million Contract Delivers Primary, Backup Power to up to 300 Sites

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 07:54:41 -0400

Federal Aviation Administration Selects Marconi to Power Critical Communications
Systems

Five-Year, $6.7 Million Contract Delivers Primary, Backup Power to up to 300 Sites

PITTSBURGH, Oct. 15 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Marconi Corporation plc (London:
MONI and Nasdaq: MRCIY) announced today that it has been selected by the Federal
Aviation Administration (FAA) to deliver equipment and services to provide primary
and backup power for air-to-ground communications systems used by the agency of
the U.S. Department of Transportation.  Under the terms of the five-year
agreement, which has a minimum guaranteed value of $6.7 million, Marconi will
deliver complete project management, training and all technical support services
required.

Marconi's agreement with the FAA covers deployment of Marconi's Vortex(R) power
platform, an easy-to-use DC power platform built to meet current and future power
needs for voice, data and video applications in wireline and wireless networks;
Marconi's LMS1000 remote power monitoring system, to ensure the smooth, consistent
delivery of power; and all related services and support, including site surveys,
site engineering, system implementation and training.

"Our relationship with the FAA is another example of the strong and enduring
relationships Marconi has with U.S. Federal Government agencies," said Gerald
Kolosvary, president of Marconi Federal, Inc.  "It also highlights the cooperation
and teamwork Marconi brings to bear in delivering competitive solutions to its
customers in a range of product categories. "

Notes to Editors

Marconi's implementation with the FAA will take place at specific sites identified
in the agency's National Airspace System (NAS).  The sites include Remote
Transmitter/Receiver (RTR) sites, Remote Communications Air/Ground (RCAG) sites,
Remote Communications Outlets (RCOs), Backup Emergency Communications (BUEC) sites
and both Level 1 and Level 2 Air Traffic Control Towers (ATCTs).

About Marconi Corporation plc

Marconi Corporation plc is a global telecommunications equipment, services and
solutions company.  The company's core business is the provision of innovative and
reliable optical networks, broadband routing and switching and broadband access
technologies and services.  The company's customer base includes many of the
world's largest telecommunications operators.  The company is listed on the London
Stock Exchange under the symbol MONI and on Nasdaq under the symbol MRCIY.
Additional information about Marconi Corporation can be found at
http://www.marconi.com .
All brands or product names are trademarks of their respective holders.  This
press release contains forward-looking statements with respect to products,
partners, customers, future growth and other matters.  Please refer to the Form
20-F report and Form 6-K reports filed by Marconi Corporation plc with the United
States Securities and Exchange Commission for a discussion of risks that could
cause actual results to differ materially from such statements.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/