Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Fastmobile Affirms PTT Standards Support and Announces Open Mobile Alliance Membership

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 17:13:37 -0500

Fastmobile Affirms PTT Standards Support and Announces Open Mobile
Alliance Membership

CHICAGO, Oct. 30 /PRNewswire/ -- fastmobile, the world's leading mobile
instant communications company today announced their membership in the
Open Mobile Alliance (OMA) as part of their ongoing commitment to and
strategic focus on leading and promoting global industry standards on
push to talk.

Bashar Jano, Director of Technology of fastmobile, said:  "As we have
been operating our fastchat service globally from early in the year, we
naturally have a great deal of customer insight to contribute.  And as
the first commercial product in this sector to provide cross network and
cross country push to talk, we have always recognized the value that
standards will bring to this new messaging medium and we have long
welcomed the interest by the industry to work towards this common goal."

Jano added: "Once agreed, a standard will be good news for mobile users
and carriers as they will have many phones available to choose from and
gain a greater value from the push to talk feature by being able to
speak instantly with friends or colleagues across multiple network
platforms."

Jano concluded: "Our participation in the OMA is just one way we're
working to ensure that we deliver to our commercial partners both the
best possible service and maximum interoperability."

fastmobile, who have recently announced the launch of their fastchat
service with Caudwell Group in the UK and American Connections Limited
in the US, are now in active dialogues with leading operators and
distributors worldwide and are expected to make further deployment
announcements shortly.

About fastmobile Inc:

fastmobile has operations in the US, Europe and Asia delivering value
added messaging services over GPRS and other 2.5G and 3G mobile
networks.  fastmobile's flagship service is fastchat(TM), which gives
the latest off-the-shelf mobile phones the power of push-to-talk instant
voice communications.  fastchat has virtually no boundaries -- it works
seamlessly across 2.5G and 3G networks connecting subscribers nearly
anywhere in the world.  The company is backed by private investment and
venture capital from US companies Leo Capital Holdings, BlueStar
Ventures and Red Barn Investments.  You may also visit fastmobile's Web
Site at http://www.fastmobile.com .

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/