Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Sprint considers launch of push-to-talk in 4Q

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2003 10:56:37 -0400

Friday 3 October 2003

Sprint considers launch of push-to-talk in 4Q
Chinmei Sung, DigiTimes.com, Taipei

Spring PCS is considering launching push-to-talk (PTT) mobile phone service in the
fourth quarter of this
year, Dow Jones Newswire reported on Wednesday.

According to an earlier DigiTimes report, the mobile phone operator is likely to
use PacketChat technology
from Togabi Technologies and will bundle its services with handset devices built
by Samsung

Telecommunications America, a Dallas-based subsidiary of Samsung Electronics.
Nextel Communications, the fifth-largest mobile phone carrier in the US, pioneered
PTT service in 1996.

Verizon Wireless, the largest mobile operator in the US, rolled out similar
services in August of this year.

http://www.digitimes.com/NewsShow/Article_print.asp?datePublish=2003/10/02&pages=PR&seq=205

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/