Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Public Safety Communications-Concept

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 14:35:35 -0400

Feel free to share your ideas here. There are representives from every major
public safety organization here whom I'm sure would be interested in your ideas. 
I'm sure Others will also like to hear your thoughts.

Marcel-

Hello everyone,

Please forgive my excuberance, as I've had these concerns bottled-up 
within for so long and am delighted to have come accross this group 
to engage in meaningful discussion. My name is Les and I've 20-plus 
years Public Safety Communications Technical experience with 
everything from 46.00 Mhz Low-Band to 800 Mhz EDACS VoIP in the NYC-
Tri-State area.

9/11 and the DC Snipers caused me to re-examine all of the flaws 
regarding Trunked and Conventional LMR Systems and attempt to devise 
a sober solution using "Best-Practices".

As a result of this, I've developed a concept designed to provide a 
sober approach to affordable and truly interoperable Public Safety 
Communications.

In the interests of the safety and security of our country, families, 
communities and First-Responders, I offer this Concept in return for 
your scrutiny, critisism, discussion, suggestion, and advice as to 
proper vetting-out and presentation. I do not represent any 
manufacturer or service.

It is designed to be a "Quick-Read" (eight pages), while technically 
accurate and informative. If nothing else, thought-provoking.

In addition to twenty-some years spent as an RF Technician supporting 
Public Safety Communications in the NYC-Tri-State area, I've gained 
an education in IP and conferred with colleagues who are positioned 
as design, system, and field engineers with organizations such as 
Motorola, GE/Ericsson/ M/A-Com, Mitre, Lucent, Bell Labs, and Nextel.

Should you like to view it, I ask your request promises your 
reaction, feedback and appraisal.

There, I feel better already.

Les
[email-masked]

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Rent DVDs from home.
Over 14,500 titles. Free Shipping
& No Late Fees. Try Netflix for FREE!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/ArdFIC/hP.FAA/3jkFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/