Subject: Re: [NEXTEL-1] Re: Nextel Conference call- Bubbling, Mumbling Barry West On...

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 10:21:47 EDT

In a message dated 10/17/2003 10:15:39 AM Eastern Daylight Time, 
[email-masked] writes:

> So can you relate to us what he said verbatum .......so their is no 
> confusion. 

I guess.  I'll have to que it up again and listen and transcribe, if it's 
truly that important (I didn't find anything particularly significant that I 
recall, and listened to a lot of boring stuff to get to it).

Alan

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 11:00:59 -0400

Barry's response stated at  @ 35:37 Min that's why I included the time in my
original email so people would not need to listen to the entire webcast.

If you Fast Forward and listen from 36:37 to 37:18 Min you will hear Barry asked
"Is there a sign the Commission would consider the 1.9 Ghz issue separately from
the retuning issue".
Here is where it gets fuzzzzzzy...

I think Barry said "Ah....It's  not possible because you know in the way.......in
order for Nextel to to Ah, make the contribution in terms of spectrum and
financing" ...... babble, mumble, mumble

The above may be incorrect-
This is important because it either affirms or denies that Nextel will accept any
compromise. As you know this question was a hot topic in the media recently.

[email-masked] wrote:

>> So can you relate to us what he said verbatum .......so their is no confusion.
>
> I guess.  I'll have to que it up again and listen and transcribe, if it's truly
> that important (I didn't find anything particularly significant that I recall,
> and listened to a lot of boring stuff to get to it).