Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Phones w/more features?

From: "strokeoluck" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 11:58:33 -0000

Hi all, I'm a regular joe that uses Nextel infrequently mostly for 
business. I have a i90 phone that is probably two years old now. Only 
recently did I learn I could receive e-mail (though I still can't 
figure out how to receive more than the first 100-200 characters on 
my screen...the rest is unavailable) and it's been great. The main 
reason I started using Nextel is because the coverage was AWESOME in 
the three midwestern states I used to travel. No other carrier even 
came close. Now I work five minutes from my home so I mainly use it 
to make calls driving to/from work, check business e-mail while 
traveling or during weekends and I use the phone personally for a few 
calls on weekends to save "a buck or two". I still think Nextel is 
pricey but their range is still incredible (still amazes me I can be 
in basements or thick concrete buildings and get great reception).

Anyway, here's my question: why don't they have better phones w/more 
features? I'd like a phone like the pocket PC. I need something that 
will have my PDA, cell phone, e-mail capability, small keyboard, etc. 
It doesn't necessarily have to take pictures. Is it me or does Nextel 
seem a bit behind the times in this regard? If I'm wrong can someone 
supply me with a link to a site where I can check out their new 
phones? I've tried visiting their website and their stores and I'm 
not impressed. I'm not a "techy" by any stretch of the imagination 
but even I've figured out that there are some pretty neat phones out 
there but none of them seem to work w/Nextel. 

Thanks,
Rob

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Rent DVDs Online - Over 14,500 titles.
No Late Fees & Free Shipping.
Try Netflix for FREE!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/vhSowB/XP.FAA/3jkFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: "Bulldog" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 17:49:41 -0000

PocketPC iDEN for Nextel

http://www.enyo.net/phpBB2/files/falcon9a.jpg

http://www.enyo.net/phpBB2/files/falcon9b.jpg

http://www.enyo.net/phpBB2/files/falcon9c.jpg

^^oto makes a QWERTY Thumb Pad for your i90.
Of course, ^^oto's Marketing Dept elected to
call it a Mini Keyboard. Catchy, eh?

To make your email work you need to pay $5
a month for mobile email.  It's sounds like
you are forwarding incoming emails via SMS.

You could also forward your email to a
web-based email service that supports a WAP, 
like Yahoo.  Then use your WAP browser to
view/reply to email.

~Dawg

www.enyo.net

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

---

From: Evan Platt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 11:02:23 -0800

--On Monday, October 27, 2003 11:58 AM +0000 strokeoluck
<[email-masked]> wrote:

> (though I still can't figure out how to receive more than the first
> 100-200 characters on my screen...the rest is unavailable) 

I don't think you can. That's a limitation imposed by Nextel..

and it's been great. The main 
> will have my PDA, cell phone, e-mail capability, small keyboard, etc. 

What about the Blackberry 6510? I can't put a link to it as its a java
link, but it's there on their phones page..

Evan