Subject: [NEXTEL-1] CDMA Development Group comments on WiFi

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2003 19:47:56 -0400

Trend: WiFi and EV-DO may not compete

According to a new report from the CDMA Development Group (CDG), CDMA2000
1xEV-DO technology will not directly compete with WiFi. EV-DO will offer
constant ubiquitous data while the WiFi footprint will remain spotty for the
next several years. Most road warriors and other business users are likely
to use both technologies and will not make a strict choice between one or
other. In fact, the CDG argues that in many hotspots -- especially those
serviced by DSL lines -- WiFi data speeds are comparable to EV-DO. In many
cases some of the DSL-fed hotspots even offer slower speeds than EV-DO. WiFi
still faces issues with security, while carrier-based EV-DO services do not
face these issues.

http://www.cdg.org/technology/cdma_technology/articles/WiFi_Article_9-26-03.pdf
------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Rent DVDs Online - Over 14,500 titles.
No Late Fees & Free Shipping.
Try Netflix for FREE!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/JYdFFC/XP.FAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/