Subject: Re: [NEXTEL-1] Possible cure for lost text messages due tobottleneck?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 09:52:19 -0400

Okay, thanks for your comments. I was working on the basis of the
subscriber condition invoked
known as IMSI-detach -  the HLR has the mobile switched OFF.

In my ignorance, I wasn't aware about your posting. I assume it was posted
here on Nextel-1?
Greg UK

-------------Forwarded Message-----------------

From:   INTERNET:[email-masked],
INTERNET:[email-masked]
To:     [unknown], INTERNET:[email-masked]
        
Date:   06/10/103 14:32 PM

RE:     Re: [NEXTEL-1] Possible cure for lost text messages due
tobottleneck?

I  previously  posted a study that confirmed hundreds of thousands of SMS
messages
were lost every year into SMS space. It also examined the delivery times of
SMS
and found some messages were severely delayed.  The study did not
specifically
identify  the cause of the lost/delayed messages but your "Bottle Neck" 
theory
sounds possible.

[email-masked] wrote:

> Marcel...I thought this article below raised some interesting points.
>
> >A Roadmap to Interactive ARPU
> >– “P2P is the killer sector,” says Proteus CEO McQuown –
> >By  Jeremy Geelan
>
> The comments about lost SMS texts got my old grey cells moving.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2003 12:51:14 -0400

> known as IMSI-detach -  the HLR has the mobile switched OFF.

And if they were under a VLR I guess it would be the same effect???

> In my ignorance, I wasn't aware about your posting. I assume it was posted

Yea, it was before you joined. Try doing a search for "SMS" here
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/messages.

If you don't find it I have all the messages on CD so I can search that way.