Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Propagation toolkit web stuff

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 16:48:07 -0400

-------- Original Message --------
From: "John Biddiscombe" <[email-masked]>
Subject:Propagation toolkit web stuff

Hello all,

I've put a few pictures and some documentation for a propagation toolkit
that I've been working on for some time on the web. The details are a bit
thin as I don't seem to have much time to finish off writing things up, but
theres doxygen generated Code documentation detailing all the classes
downloadable (in windows html help format only, I'm afraid) on this page
http://www.skippingmouse.co.uk/Propagation/propagation.htm

It's not open source (though maybe one day it will be). But I'd be
interested in hearing from anyone that might have a use for it as there's
quite a lot of useful stuff that is going a bit rusty right now. The
majority of the work undertaken with the toolkit has been the modelling of
propagation in clutter type databases - 3D vector / polygonal types. I hope
to be able to put some reports on the web at some time too.

Blow is an excerpt from the front page of the docs

thanks

John Biddiscombe
[http://www.skippingmouse.co.uk has a couple more pics]
  Introduction
  The Propagation Toolkit is a C++ class library of code relating to
propagation predictions which is built on top of the Visualization Toolkit.
This documentation is generated from the code and contains basic
descriptions and instructions on how to use the classes and how they
interact with each other. Since the Propagation Toolkit classes are derived
from other classes which are part of the Visualization Toolkit, many of the
links in the documentation are 'external' and point to the vtk documentation
pages, which are stored on the vtk web site. The vtk documentation is
subject to change on a nightly basis - however the class structure is
unlikely to change significantly and this documentation will be rebuilt and
placed on the SkippingMouse Website if it does- Please check for updates if
any links are broken.
  Overview
  For a quick overview of classes in alphabetical order with brief
description, see Compound List. For a look at the class structure see Class
Hierarchy. To see a particular class in more detail, click on the class name
and read the full description. All public members of classes are documented.
The Propagation Toolkit can be loosely divided into several sections.
Further explanation and description of the way the classes interoperate will
be available shortly.
  Propagation Prediction Algorithms
  Classes which perform computation of Diffraction Loss or LOS Visibility
etc. The classes may be implementations of ITU recommendations, fast
raytrace algorithms, or an implementation of some physics based computation
(UTD,GTD etc).
  Extraction of Profiles
  Classes which operate on the (often complex) raw input data and reduce it
to a simpler set upon which the prediction algorithm can operate directly.
  Generation of Test Points
  Classes which take an input dataset and create the sample point locations
at which the field strength or other computation is to take place. This is
usually of the form of a blanket over a terrain dataset, but may be around
the walls of a building, on the rooftops, at some GPS logged measurement
locations or even some arbitrary geometrically defined locations
  File Input and Output
  Readers of data such as DXF, Lidar, Terrain rasters (DTM/DEM). Writers of
results in ascii or as vtk datasets. Other formats can be supported if
necessary.
  Cleaning and Processing of data
  Many input files contain random collections of lines, meshes, terrain and
or buildings and this data needs to be pre-processed into a suitable form
from which propagation predictions can be made. Many of the Propagation
Toolkit classes fall into this category, and many of the Visualization
Toolkit classes can also be used to process data.
  Visualization of Data and Results
  Computations usually produce coverage maps and these often need to be
blended with navigational maps or overlaid with GPS measurements. The
display of computed field strengths may be overlaid on 3D representations of
buildings, trees etc. The classes in this category can be used in
conjunction with the Visualization Toolkit classes to produce a wide range
of displays.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/