Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Another Satellite To Blast Off From Floating Launch Pad

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 05 Oct 2003 04:18:45 -0400

Another Satellite To Blast Off From Floating Launch Pad
Source: Daily News Bulletin; Moscow - English
Publication date: 2003-09-26

MOSCOW. Sept 26 (Interfax) - The Odyssey floating launch pad and the
vessel Sea Launch Commander have left the Long Beach in the United
States and are heading for the satellite launch area.

"The ships are moving to the Pacific Ocean's equatorial launch site at 154
West Longitude, from where a Galaxy-13 telecommunications satellite will
blast off atop a Zenit-3SL carrier rocket at 8:03 a.m. Moscow time on
October 1," a spokesman for Mission Control in Korolyov near Moscow
told Interfax.

The vessels are expected to reach their destination early on September
28.

This will be the third launch from the floating pad since the beginning of the
year. It was preceded by the June 10 launch of a Thuraya D2 satellite for
the United Arab Emirates, and a U.S. EchoStar 9 telecommunications
satellite, which blasted off on August 8.

The Sea Launch consortium, set up in 1995, is 40% owned by Boeing,
25% by Energia corporation, 15% by Ukraine's Yuzhnoye and Yuzhmash
design bureaus, and the remaining 20% belongs to the British-Norwegian
Kvaerner Group.

The launch site is located near Christmas Island in the Pacific Ocean.

http://cnniw.yellowbrix.com/pages/cnniw/Story.nsp?story_id=42070806&ID=cnniw&scategory=Telecommunications%3ASatellite&

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/