Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Siemens Receives Communications Contract

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 05 Oct 2003 08:12:49 -0400

Siemens Receives Communications Contract
From New York City Transit
Thursday October 2, 9:03 am ET

Integrated Public Address/Customer Information Screens
System a New Phase For NYC Subway System

NEW YORK, Oct. 2 /PRNewswire/ -- New York City Transit has awarded a $110.1
million contract for a new public address/customer information screens system
(PA/CIS) for the New York City subway system to Siemens Transit Technologies, a
consortium of Siemens Transportation Systems, Inc. and Transit Technologies, LLC.
The three-year contract consists of designing, furnishing and installing a PA/CIS
system at 156 stations and a closed-circuit television surveillance system (CCTV)
with customer help point intercoms at 10 of these stations.

(Photo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20021029/SILOGO )
The PA/CIS system will interface directly with NYC Transit's Rail Control Center
for Automatic Train Supervision, supplied by Siemens, using technology based on
the Siemens Advanced Communication & Control System (ACCS) software. Soon, riders
will be able to view real-time information regarding train location and station
arrival on 1,000 new customer information screens and hear announcements on new
public address loudspeakers.

"We are excited to play a significant part in this major project to improve North
America's largest and most complex transit system," said Siemens Transportation
Systems president and CEO, Oliver Hauck. "The PA/CIS system will increase
efficiency, boost rider convenience and, with the customer help points and closed
caption television, enhance security."

"We are proud to provide another communications solution to New York City
Transit," said Edward Willner, president of Long Island-based Transit
Technologies. "The PA/CIS system will keep millions of daily riders on top of all
the information they need to get them to their destinations as smoothly and
quickly as possible."
Siemens employs approximately 1,400 people in New York State, including 517 in New
York City.

About Transit Technologies:

Transit Technologies, LLC is a partnership of E.A. Technologies, Inc. and the
Petrocelli family of companies. Transit Technologies is presently engaged in over
$300 Million in computer and communications based projects, all for the New York
City subway system, including: a city-wide token booth emergency communication
system; an underground radio system for New York City Police Department use in the
subways; a new subway radio communications command center; and, in partnership
with Siemens Transportation Systems, a city-wide fiber optic-based communication
network for the subway stations. Transit Technologies, LLC has been based in
Hauppauge, N.Y. since 1993.

About Siemens Transportation Systems:

Siemens Transportation Systems is one of Siemens' operating companies in the
United States. It is the leading supplier of light-rail vehicles in North America,
with more than 700 light-rail vehicles in operation or on order. The company's
mass transit vehicle manufacturing and assembly facilities are located in
Sacramento and Carson, California. Siemens is also a leading supplier of
electrification, signaling and communications systems for mass transit and
mainline applications. Siemens maintains division headquarters in Cedar Rapids,
Iowa; Lake Oswego, Oregon; New York; and Sacramento. Worldwide, the Transportation
Systems Group (TS) of Siemens AG is a leading international supplier to the
railway industry. As single source supplier and system integrator, the group
combines automation & power, high-speed and mass transit rolling stock, turnkey
systems, and integrated services expertise to cover the complete spectrum of rail
needs.

About Siemens:

Siemens AG (NYSE: SI - News), headquartered in Munich, is a leading global
electronics and engineering company. Siemens and its subsidiaries employ 426,000
people in 190 countries, and reported worldwide sales of $77.8 billion in fiscal
2002 (10/1/01 - 9/30/02). The United States is Siemens' largest market in the
world, with 11 of Siemens' worldwide businesses headquartered here and annual
sales of $21.5 billion in fiscal 2002. The Siemens companies in the U.S. employ
approximately 70,000 people in all 50 states and Puerto Rico. Corporate
headquarters for Siemens' U.S.  businesses are located in New York City. For more
information: www.usa.siemens.com.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/