Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Georgia to get improved GSM coverage

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2003 05:40:42 -0400

Georgia to get improved GSM coverage

Having just completed an aggressive upgrade to its extensive Georgia network in
August, the USA based GSM network,
Cingular Wireless today unveiled a phase two of its upgrade plan. With the
addition of more than 200 new cell sites, the phase two US$80 million network
build-out will bring even greater coverage to Cingular's Georgia customers.
Cingular already spent more than US$200 million this year implementing an advanced
voice and data network and improving coverage and capacity throughout the state.
Overall, the company has invested more than US$1.3 billion in its wireless network
in Georgia.
"Consumers have become more and more dependent on wireless service for all aspects
of their lives, both business and
personal, "said Mike Orchard, vice president and general manager for Cingular
Wireless Georgia. "Clearer, higher quality
calls, faster data speeds, and comprehensive coverage are essential in meeting
consumers' wireless needs today. And that's what we are focused on delivering," he
said. "Our Georgia engineers drive more than 340,000 miles each year to test and
improve the network performance"-- equivalent to almost 14 trips around the world.

This network expansion will increase the number of coverage and capacity cell
sites the company has throughout the state. Nearly half of the new sites are
projected to be operational by the end of the year with the expansion to continue
through 2004.
Some of the counties targeted for the new sites are Carroll, Polk, Floyd,
Whitfield, Crawford, Cherokee, Gordon, Haralson, Gilmer, Fannin, Coweta, Union,
Habersham, White and Lumpkin counties. The company is also adding sites in the
Metro Atlanta area to increase coverage and capacity.

Posted to the site on 07-Oct-03

http://www.cellular-news.com/story/9867.shtml

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/