Subject: [NEXTEL-1] GRENOUILLE Overview

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 05 Oct 2003 23:49:37 -0400

GRENOUILLE Overview

The world's most powerful ultrashort-laser-pulse measurement device, GRENOUILLE
combines full-information pulse measurement with much-needed experimental
simplicity. It requires only a few simple optical elements and has no intricate
alignment procedure.

GRENOUILLE tells you more about your pulse with less effort than ever thought
possible. And it can measure pulses from a wide variety of sources, from the
lowest-energy oscillator to the highest-intensity amplifier. GRENOUILLE is
available in two models: the Model 8-50, for pulses as short as 50 fs, and the
recently released Model 8-20, for pulses as short as 20 fs. Other models are on
the way.

GRENOUILLE is also extremely compact and more sensitive than other pulse
diagnostics, including even those that don't yield the full intensity and phase.

GRENOUILLE's operating range (~ 700 to 1100 nm) nicely matches that of most
ultrafast Ti:Sapphire lasers and amplifiers, so it should be ideal for most
everyday diagnostics as well as many more exotic ones.

GRENOUILLE can operate alone—yielding the FROG spectrogram on a video monitor—or
with frame-grabber hardware and FROG software—to yield the precise pulse intensity
and phase vs. time. There are two hardware/software options:
Spiricon's frame-grabber/spatial-profile software and Femtosoft's FROG software
Mesa Photonics' VideoFROG real-time pulse measurement frame-grabber and FROG
spatial-profile software
GRENOUILLE at a Glance
Yields the pulse intensity and phase vs. time
Yields the pulse spectrum and spectral phase
Measures the beam spatial profile
Measures the spatial chirp
Measures the pulse-front tilt
Makes no assumptions about the pulse
Requires no alignment
High sensitivity
Offers real-time operation (10 pps)
Features minimal effort, weight, size, and cost
Available in five bold colors

http://www.swampoptics.com/products_grenoverview.htm

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/