Subject: [NEXTEL-1] PowerDsine Solutions Interoperable With Uniden Enterprise VoIP Phones

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 05 Oct 2003 05:30:16 -0400

[September 17, 2003]
PowerDsine Solutions Interoperable With Uniden Enterprise VoIP Phones

PowerDsine, the leading provider of Power over Ethernet (PoE) technology, and
Uniden America Corporation, a North American subsidiary of Uniden Corporation of
Japan, announced today that Uniden's UIP300/UIP300G series of enterprise Voice
over IP (VoIP) phones interoperate with PowerDsine's Power over Ethernet endspan
and midspan solutions, which are compliant with the recently ratified 802.3af PoE
standard.

Supporting PowerDsine's Power over Ethernet technology, Uniden's Executive IP
Deskset Phones enable enterprise customers to power their VoIP phones by plugging
into the Ethernet network rather than having to find an additional power outlet.
In addition, PowerDsine's technology provides centralized battery back-up for
enterprise IP phone systems in the event of a power failure. Another major
advantage of PowerDsine's PoE technology is its ability to reduce installation
costs by as much as 50 percent because PoE eliminates the need to run separate
electrical wiring and power outlets for IP phones.

Enterprise customers have been looking for a reliable alternative to their
traditional PSTN systems, which until now, worked well and reliably, but
represented a significant capital investment, said Al Silverberg, president of
Uniden America. We have addressed that need by incorporating PoE support in our
first line of IP phones. PowerDsine has championed the ratification of the Power
over Ethernet universal standard to ensure that all end users can benefit from
this innovative technology that offers a significant reduction in implementation
costs.

PoE technology has been widely deployed in two formats either as endspan devices,
embedded into switches, or as stand-alone midspan power hubs from companies, such
as PowerDsine, allowing terminal devices to be power-enabled without upgrading the
existing switches. The new standard covers both categories of PoE technology, and
PowerDsine's endspan solution already ships with switches from the leading
Ethernet switch vendors, including Nortel Networks, Avaya and 3Com.

With the rapid adoption of IP telephony and the ratification of the IEEE 802.3af
standard this year, Uniden realized the importance of certifying its first line of
IP phones to comply with the global Power over Ethernet standard, said Ronen
Heldman, vice president of marketing at PowerDsine. As a co-founder of the IEEE
802.3af Task Force in 1999, PowerDsine recognized the importance of establishing a
certification process to ensure that the next generation of IP phones, such as
those from Uniden, are standard compliant. Uniden's IP phone customers deserve a
business-class phone system that offers unmatched reliability, ease of
implementation and quality of service.

http://www.tmcnet.com/usubmit/2003/Sep/1020115.htm

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/