Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Timmy Tells Congress realignment is the "the only way"..... FCC's OET Chief, Ed Thomas Says "NO"

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 04:22:06 -0400

Timmy Tells Congress realignment is the "the only way"..... FCC's OET Chief, Ed
Thomas Says "NO"

As previously related-
Here are excerpts from the actual transcript- Which undoubtedly will  become part
of the legal challenge next year if the plan is accepted by the FCC.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Committee on Energy and Commerce
  W.J. "Billy" Tauzin, Chairman

  The Spectrum Needs of Our Nation's First Responders.
  Subcommittee on Telecommunications and the Internet
  June 11, 2003
  11:00 AM
  2322 Rayburn House Office Building

<SNIP>
Mr. Donahue
I would say to you that as you take a look at this whole interference issue, it is
important to understand that the really only way to eliminate interference in its
entirety is to realign the band.

Mr. Upton. Mr. Thomas, do you agree with that?

Mr. Thomas. No, I do not. There are many ways to eliminate  interference. The
words I take exception with is ``the only way.'' There are a lot of options on the
table being presented by very substantive parties. We are in the process right now
of evaluating them. At the end of the day our hope and prayer is to come up with
something that, No. 1, protects our public safety community and at the same time
is practical and economical to implement.

<SNIP>

http://energycommerce.house.gov/
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/