Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Software-Defined Radio Offers Interoperability Solution

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 04 Oct 2003 20:48:06 -0400

Software-Defined Radio Offers Interoperability Solution
Oct 06, 2003

The proposed, massive undertaking to consolidate U.S. federal, state and
local public safety radio operations in the 800 MHz band could be rendered
unnecessary with the prototype public safety interoperability system that
software-defined radio (SDR) technology developer Vanu is building for the
U.S. Army. Company President and CEO Vanu Bose told Communications Today
sister publication Wireless Data News that Vanu's existing wireless
technology will patch together radio systems widely used by public safety
operations, making it unnecessary to move the operations into the same band
to achieve interoperability.

"There's two problems with moving people onto one band," Bose said. "One is
the absolute costs. The other is that you actually don't want everyone in
the same band because they don't always want to talk to each other and that
band becomes too crowded."

http://search.pbimedia.com/search97cgi/s97_cgi?action=View&VdkVgwKey=%2E%2E%2Fdocuments%2Farchive%2Fct%2Fct10060310%2Ehtml&DocOffset=1&Collection=archive&&ViewTemplate=new_tweb_view_wdn.hts

http://www.vanu.com/pressreleases_030915.html and
http://www.vanu.com/technology.html

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/