Subject: [NEXTEL-1] iDEN Update

From: "stampinwriter" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 00:19:55 -0000

Hi...
 A friend of mine told me my trials and tribulations with iDEN Update 
had been crossposted here so I thought I'd check the group out. :-)
I've read all the responses and just wanted to add this:

 It's been SEVEN DAYS and iDEN Update still hasn't made the items I 
paid for available for me to download. I'm angry because of two 
things:

  1. I very stupidly used my debit card instead of my CC. That means 
I have no recourse. Also, iDEN Update has already taken the money out 
of my account..they did so less than 24hrs after I made my purchase.
Yet they have not held up their end of the deal. I consider this at 
worst theft and at best very poor business practices.
  2. I have been repeatedly LIED to by iDEN customer support. I've 
been told the problem is due to a "virus" a "routine database backup"
"network upgrade" "software switch" "RSS issues" "heavy traffic" and
"weather issues". Sorry, but when you get so many different answers 
you have to wonder. 

  They refuse to cancel the order and refund my money despite 
admitting to me that they have absolutely no idea when my items will 
be assigned to my phone. I was told I'd have to "just wait until the 
server is good and ready." What really bothers me is that they must 
get quite a few people ordering from them each day and they are going 
right ahead and taking their money knowing they can't deliver. I 
think that's pretty low. I ordered from them once before, about a 
month ago after I upgraded my phone to the i95cl. I was able to 
download my stuff immediately. I was pretty surprised when I got the 
message this time around that my stuff would not be made available to 
me for 24-48hrs. They don't tell you this until AFTER you've paid. 
But 24-48hrs, while I feel is ridiculous for items that are supposed 
to be made available immediately,is not that big a deal, I admit. But 
SEVEN DAYS? Especially when I keep getting emails telling me to check 
my account summary in 2 hours and my items will be there! I haven't 
been given a single apology. And yes, I am going to be purchasing a 
data cable ASAP. I wish I'd known about all the free 
wallpaper/ringtone sites before I made the mistake of ordering from 
iDEN Update. Oh well, live and learn. :-)

SueNY

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Rent DVDs Online - Over 14,500 titles.
No Late Fees & Free Shipping.
Try Netflix for FREE!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Tq9otC/XP.FAA/3jkFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 21:28:40 -0400

Hi Sue,

I posted your message here on Nextel-1 to demonstrate the level of frustration the average consumer encounters with Nextel customer service. Nextel has repeatedly boasted about their high level of customer in the media and to wall street, so far in this case they have shown the contrary. This problem should have been resolved quickly and efficiently. I'm not going to get into the particulars but this is not the 1st case of a frustrated Nextel user I posted here. Most cases have been quickly resolved after a quick post here. Having your message posted here should get a response quickly since many of Nextel's Exec's are reading this.

Let's see if Nextel makes good.

Marcel

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 21:39:05 -0400

Sue,

Check this message from BULLDAWG  concerning ring tones.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/message/12734

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/message/12735

Good Luck

Marcel

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->