Subject: [NEXTEL-1] California School Deploys Wireless Telephone System

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 13:34:41 -0400

California School Deploys Wireless Telephone System
California’s Lincoln Unified School District deployed SpectraLink’s Link
Wireless Telephone Systems in its administrative office and six of its schools.
Two hundred Link Wireless Telephone handsets will provide teachers and
administrators with an instant communications tool increasing safety and
further broadening communication throughout campuses and between teachers
and parents.

======================================================================

Lincoln Unified School District Installs SpectraLink Wireless Telephone Systems

On-Campus Wireless Telephones Heighten Safety And
Improve Communications in Schools

BOULDER, Colo., Oct. 21 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- SpectraLink Corporation
(Nasdaq: SLNK), an industry pioneer in enterprise wireless communications,
today announced that Lincoln Unified School District (Lincoln USD) has
deployed SpectraLink's Link Wireless Telephone Systems(TM) (Link WTS) in the
district's administrative office and in six schools that include high schools,
middle schools, and an elementary school.  The Stockton, Calif.-based school
district purchased more than 200 Link Wireless Telephone handsets to provide
teachers and administrators with an instant communications tool that will
increase safety and further broaden communication throughout campuses and
between teachers and parents.

Each school will deploy the durable, lightweight Link Wireless Telephones
to free teachers and staff from wired telephones that were only accessible in
teacher lounge areas.  School personnel now will have real-time access to
other staff, parents, and emergency services.  The Link Wireless Telephones
will connect with the schools' existing Centrex telephone service, saving
Lincoln USD the added expense of upgrading its existing telecommunications
infrastructure.  A network of Base Stations installed throughout each school
campus will enable users to make and receive calls throughout the campus
without any airtime or usage charges.

"It is a top priority for us to give our teachers and staff tools that
make them more effective at their jobs while at the same time increasing
school safety.  Essentially, SpectraLink's Link Wireless Telephones are
helping us focus on what we do best and that is educating children," said
Katey Talbot, Associate Superintendent of Business Services for Lincoln USD.
"This is certainly a technological step forward for our district."

"Nationwide, schools are taking measures to provide students with the best
possible educational environment," said Mike Cronin, vice president of sales
and marketing for SpectraLink.  "Our Link Wireless Telephones are allowing
Lincoln USD to increase the level of contact between parents and teachers and
increase responsiveness to critical situations -- something that schools are
finding invaluable to education."

Product Overview

SpectraLink designs, manufactures, and markets wireless systems that
integrate with a facility's existing phone system to provide telephone access
anywhere in the workplace.  This enables greater workplace mobility, higher
productivity, and rapid response to customers.  SpectraLink's Wireless
Telephone Systems are recognized as the highest quality, yet most cost
effective in the industry, with superior reliability, durability, coverage,
and voice quality.

About SpectraLink
SpectraLink Corporation (Nasdaq: SLNK) is the leading U.S. manufacturer
and provider of wireless telephone systems for the workplace.  SpectraLink
distributes its products through industry-leading service, equipment, and
application providers, cultivating a vast customer base among industries
including retail, education, healthcare, manufacturing, finance, information
systems and telecommunications.  For more information, visit
http://www.spectralink.com.

SpectraLink Corporation cautions you that there are some factors that
could cause actual results to differ materially from the results indicated by
any forward-looking statements, and undertakes no obligation to update or
revise such statements contained herein.  We refer you to the documents
SpectraLink files with the Securities and Exchange Commission, specifically
the section titled Risk Factors in our Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year
ended December 31, 2002, and the section titled Forward-Looking Statement
Factors in our Form 10-Q for quarterly period ended June 30, 2003.

All trademarks, trade names, registered trademarks, or registered trade
names are property of their respective holders.

SOURCE SpectraLink Corporation
Web Site: http://www.spectralink.com

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Rent DVDs from home.
Over 14,500 titles. Free Shipping
& No Late Fees. Try Netflix for FREE!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mk9osC/hP.FAA/3jkFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/