Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Woman sentenced for reading e-mail of husband's ex-wife

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 10:58:35 -0400

Husbands and Wives Watch out-

Woman sentenced for reading e-mail of husband's ex-wife

DENVER, Colorado (AP) --A judge sentenced an Arizona woman to 60 days 
home detention for intercepting her husband's ex-wife's e-mail, 
saying the penalty is a warning to others who might be tempted to do 
the same.

"Privacy is still a cherished value," U.S. District Judge Richard P. 
Matsch said in sentencing Angel Lee, 28, of El Mirage, Arizona.

Lee pleaded guilty in March and admitted accessing at least 215 
e-mails sent last year to her husband's ex-wife, Duongladde Ramsay.

Officials said she fraudulently obtained the user name and password 
information for Ramsay's e-mail account.

Matsch, best known for his role overseeing the Oklahoma City, 
Oklahoma, bombing trials, has said the e-mail case involved a vicious 
divorce dispute over children. At Lee's sentencing Friday, he said he 
considered sending her to jail but believed she needed to be home 
with her young children.

"I really apologize for what I did," Lee told the judge. "She 
(Ramsay) has a right to feel the way she feels."

Ramsay has compared Lee's actions to someone breaking into her home 
and reading her diary.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/LAW/10/19/email.detention.ap/index.html

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/