Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Trooper, Operator Injured in Wreck-Ford Crown Victoria Explodes

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 14:12:29 -0400

What the articles below fail to report is when the Ford Crown Victoria struck the
tree the Vehicle's gas tank exploded. If the Crown Vic did not split in half the
troopers would have suffered serious burns.
==============================================================
Trooper, Operator Injured in Wreck

  A Georgia State Patrol
  trooper and a radio operator
  were injured in an accident in
  Newton County Tuesday
  afternoon, according to
  Georgia Highway Patrol
  officials.

  The vehicle collided with a
  Ford Excursion, veered off the road and hit a tree, officials
  said. The two men were taken to Atlanta Medical Center.

  Their conditions and identities were not released.

  The accident occurred at the intersection of Highway 11 and
  Adams Circle.

  All lanes have been closed and the clean-up is expected to
  take at least two hours, according to the Georgia Department
  of Transportation's Intelligent Transportation System Web site.

http://www.11alive.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=37924
======================================================
Trooper Accident in Newton County

A Georgia state trooper and a radio operator were injured in a serious accident
that tore a patrol car in half in Newton County this afternoon. Investigators say
the driver of an Sports Utility Vehicle pulled out in front of Trooper Shane
Allen, who was responding to a call on Georgia Highway 11. Trooper Allen tried to
avoid the SUV, but was clipped by it, lost control and hit a tree. The impact
split the trooper's car in two. Radio operator Brian Marks was airlifted to
Atlanta Medical Center, but his injuries apparently aren't very serious. And
Trooper Shane Allen broke his wrist in the crash. Both are in stable condition
tonight and are staying in the hospital overnight for observation. They should
both be released from the hospital tomorrow. No charges will be filed against the
driver of the SUV. (10/14/03 10:00pm)

http://www.wagatv.com/news/index.html

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/