Subject: [NEXTEL-1] New Network Node to Debut at ISPCON with Broadband Speeds Delivered Over Dial-up Networks

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 21:53:51 -0400

October 12, 2003

                                Posted by - TelephonyWorld @ 8:13 pm PST
 BYTEMOBILE OPTIMIZATION SERVICES NODE (OSN) ENABLES ISPS TO BOOST DIAL-UP
PERFORMANCE

             New Network Node to Debut at ISPCON with Broadband Speeds Delivered
Over Dial-up Networks

  MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., Oct. 10 -- Bytemobile, Inc., the company that enables
dramatic improvements in both the mobile andremote dial- up data user experience,
today announced it will demonstrate its 2.0 Optimization Services Node(OSN) for
use in ISPnetworks at the ISPCON 2003 show in Santa Clara, California on October
20. The carrier-grade platform, which is available now, offers speed increases of
up to 10X compared to unoptimized networks, significantly improving web browsing
and email for dial- up subscribers. "Very high speed data performance is becoming
increasingly important to dial-up users," says Steve Livingston, Bytemobile's
executive vice president of sales and marketing. "Our OSN lets ISPs offer their
dial-up subscribers a DSL-like experience for web downloads and email."

 Livingston adds, "Our entree into the ISP market is a natural extension of our
success with wireless carriers. We've delivered the market-leading optimization
solution to folks like Sprint, Vodafone and Nextel, all backed by worldwide sales
and support
 organizations." The 2.0 OSN for ISPs is deployed in a client-server model. Based
on Bytemobile's proprietary Macara Dynamic Optimization Technology, the solution
comprises a suite of advanced approaches to classification, data reduction,
intelligent caching and protocol acceleration that significantly improves dial-up
performance. With the 2.0 OSN in an ISP's network, subscribers' data flows are
optimized for enriched web and email traffic and accelerated data rates of up to
10X. "A key breakthrough for us in our 2.0 OSN release is our Dynamic
Interleaving(TM) technology," comments David Nowicki, Bytemobile senior director
for product marketing and management. "It's a proprietary approach we've developed
that virtually eliminates the effects of latency in web browsing.

By consolidating, reordering and overlapping data requests and responses, Dynamic
Interleaving makes web download times
essentially independent of network round-trip time, web-server delays and other
common Internet latencies. The benefit to end users is much faster and more
consistent data rates-DSL-like rates, in fact." The Bytemobile optimization
solution comes at a time when ISPs are facing high levels of churn to broadband
services and increasing price pressure. "Tens of millions of dollars are being
lost monthly by ISPs from subscriber churn to either broadband services or
lower-priced dial-up providers," says Daniel Torras, director of the Business
Strategies Group at Pyramid Research. "It is critical that ISPs improve delivery
speeds to keep subscribers, quell churn, and even improve subscriber gains.
Optimization in the core network gives ISPs a viable competitive advantage in
traditional dial-up networks." Bytemobile will demonstrate the 2.0 OSN in booth
114 at the ISPCON show. Bytemobile's OSN products havebeen widely deployed in
mobile operator networks around the globe. The solution is highly scalable and
easily deployed in networks supporting large numbers of subscribers.

About Bytemobile Bytemobile delivers on the promise of mobile data with pure,
optimized access that enables the way people really  want to work and play in the
wireless world. Bytemobile solutions allow mobile operators, enterprises, ISPs and
other service  providers to significantly enrich the user experience of current
and future data networks. By making applications more desirable and valuable,
Bytemobile customers can maximize returns on existing and future mobile network
investments. Customers include Cingular, Nextel Communications, Orange, Sprint, US
Cellular, T-Mobile and Vodafone. The company is headquartered in Mountain View,
California and has offices in East Sussex, England and Tokyo, Japan.

http://www.telephonyworld.com/cgi-bin/news/viewnews.cgi?category=all&id=1066004035

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Rent DVDs Online - Over 14,500 titles.
No Late Fees & Free Shipping.
Try Netflix for FREE!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/JYdFFC/XP.FAA/3jkFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/