Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Wireless Design Online Newsletter

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 13:07:58 -0400

------------------------------------- 
FEATURED ARTICLES
-------------------------------------  

1) RF Micro Devices Ships 300 Millionth Power Amplifier Module
2) Ansoft's Rohde Honored by the Innovations for High Performance Microelectronics
Institute
3) Qualcomm to Focus on Wi-Fi integration on its Chip Set 

---------------------------------------

1) RF Micro Devices Ships 300 Millionth Power Amplifier Module

RF Micro Devices today announced that it has shipped its 300 millionth power
amplifier (PA) module, making it the fastest company in the industry to achieve
that feat. The milestone underscores RFMD's status as a key supplier to all the
world's major handset manufacturers...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/57685/793725

2) Ansoft's Rohde Honored by the Innovations for High Performance Microelectronics
Institute

The Innovations for High Performance Microelectronics Institute (IHP) in
Frankfurt-Oder, Germany, appointed Ansoft Corporation director Dr. Ulrich L. Rohde
a four-year member of its Scientific Advisory Board....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/57686/793725

3) Qualcomm to Focus on Wi-Fi integration on its Chip Set

Qualcomm Inc. is positioning itself as a wireless leader in multimode 3G phones,
chairman and CEO Irwin Jacobs told the ITU Telecom World 2003 conference in Geneva
on Tuesday. "3G is off to a strong start with CDMA2000 technology," Jacobs said,
"already with 62 million users. And WCDMA is starting up now"...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/57687/793725

------------------------------------- 
FEATURED PRODUCTS
-------------------------------------
  
1) PC5 Ultracapacitors
2) Silicon Germanium Dual Band Tri-Mode LNA/Mixer
3) Frequency Converting Crystal Oscillators (FCXOs)
4) Fastrack M1200 Series

---------------------------------------

1) PC5 Ultracapacitors

With a capacitance of 4 farads at 2.5 volts, and weighing only 5.5 grams in a 17 x
24 x 4.5 mm package, Maxwell's UL recognized PC5 ultracapacitor is ideal for
consumer electronics, wireless transmission, medical devices, automatic meter
readers, and many other applications requiring a pulse of energy. Downloadable
product datasheet available...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/57688/793725

2) Silicon Germanium Dual Band Tri-Mode LNA/Mixer

The RF2489 contains two LNAs, three mixers, local oscillator (LO) divider
circuitry and LO buffer outputs. The device performs all of the front end receive
signal processing required for dual band, tri-mode applications. The design of the
RF2489 permits the bias currents to be set using off-chip current reference
resistors for both the LNA and mixer blocks...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/57689/793725

3) Frequency Converting Crystal Oscillators (FCXOs)

Corning's FCXO Consists of a low phase noise VCXO combined with a complete PLL,
which simplifies the synchronization of an output frequency to a stable reference
frequency. With its low phase noise, this compact surface mount device is
applicable to a wide variety of synchronization schemes. Downloadable product
catalog available...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/57690/793725

4) Fastrack M1200 Series

The external FASTRACK modem delivers all the power of WISMO technology in one
unit, giving your application instant wireless capabilities. Because the FASTRACK
modem is fully type-approved, it can dramatically speed your time to market...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/57691/793725

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Rent DVDs Online - Over 14,500 titles.
No Late Fees & Free Shipping.
Try Netflix for FREE!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Tq9otC/XP.FAA/3jkFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/