Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Police VHF signals were tapped by

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 00:11:06 -0400

Police VHF signals were tapped by
PW
B V S BHASKAR

TIMES NEWS NETWORK[ TUESDAY, OCTOBER 14, 2003 03:01:19 AM ]
HYDERABAD: People's War (PW) naxalites reportedly intercepted messages being
conveyed on the police VHF (very high frequency) wireless sets on the movements of
the chief minister during his visit to Tirupati on Oct. 1.

"One of our special squads looking after the PW's techniques and technology wing
was entrusted with the job of intercepting messages on police VHF sets in and
around Tirupati and even on the Tirumala hills.We also knew that there was every
possibility of our cellphones being tapped.  So we took a safer route to
communicate with each other," said a PW source.

A police officer confirmed that it was possible that police VHF communications
were tapped by the PW.

The PW state and central committees have issued instructions to its cadres in
north Telangana to go on the offensive to blunt any likely reprisals by the police
to the Maoist group's assassination bid on the chief minister in Tirumala on Oct
1.

Top leaders of the guerrilla group instructed cadres not to spare anyone in the
hit-list.
The PW has reportedly resolved to launch another strike at Chandrababu Naidu.
"Our target might have escaped. But,we are not going to leave him and other state
enemies," a circular issued by the the apex central committee to the North
Telangana Special Zonal Committee (NTSZC) says.

The PW source said the Maoist group's Central Committee would soon review the
reasons why the attack on Chandrababu Naidu failed and added that a plenum has
been called to discuss this in the Dandakaranya forests.

It was also learnt that the PW's Central Military Commission, was asked to
redouble its efforts and make all possible efforts to strike at VIPs, police
stations and communication sites wherever possible.
Sources said that the PW sent secret message to its cadres one week after the
attack on Naidu in which it asked its special squads to concentrate on kidnapping
or killing VIPs, including ministers, and IPS and IAS officers.

It asked its cadres to go on the offensive in north Telangana instead of
retreating into shelter zones.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/cms.dll/html/uncomp/articleshow?msid=232240

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Rent DVDs Online - Over 14,500 titles.
No Late Fees & Free Shipping.
Try Netflix for FREE!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Tq9otC/XP.FAA/3jkFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/