Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Commerce IT executive nominated

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2003 22:39:13 -0400

Commerce IT executive nominated
10/16/03
By Dawn S. Onley,
GCN Staff

President Bush this week nominated Michael D. Gallagher to the post of assistant
secretary of Commerce for communications
and information—a position considered crucial in helping to shape the president’s
Internet policies.

Gallagher, currently the deputy assistant secretary of Commerce for the National
Telecommunications and Information Administration, will be responsible for
formulating U.S. telecommunications and Internet policy if confirmed to the post.
Gallagher joined NTIA in November 2001 and is credited with playing a key role in
its development of a radio spectrum
allocation plan that paved the way for deployment of third-generation services. By
2005, large networks are expected to have
high-speed wireless pipes for Internet browsing, data transfers and even
videophone conversations. (Click for GCN coverage)
Before joining NTIA, Gallagher was vice president for state public policy at
Verizon Wireless. He received a bachelor’s degree
from the University of California at Berkeley and a law degree from the University
of California at Los Angeles.
If confirmed by the Senate, Gallagher would replace Nancy Victory, who resigned
from the post in August.

http://gcn.com/vol1_no1/daily-updates/23885-1.html

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Rent DVDs Online - Over 14,500 titles.
No Late Fees & Free Shipping.
Try Netflix for FREE!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Tq9otC/XP.FAA/3jkFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/