Subject: [NEXTEL-1] New Service Enables Parents To Pinpoint Kids' Whereabouts Using Cell Phones

From: "Allen Smith" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2003 18:10:32 -0000

BOSTON, Mass.  October 6, 2003  It's 10 PM.  Do you know where your 
children are?  uLocate Communications is launching a new service that 
enables parents to pinpoint their children's whereabouts  around the 
clock  using their cell phones, the Internet, and the latest in GPS 
satellite technology. 
 
uLocate (www.ulocate.com) is introducing the service by offering 
three months of free service as part of its national launch strategy 
to demonstrate the peace-of-mind it brings to families. 
 
"We recognize that more and more kids are clipping cell phones to 
their backpacks when they head off to school as parents face 
complicated family schedules and increases concerns over their 
children's personal safety and security," said Alan Philips, CEO of 
uLocate Communications, Inc., based in Newton, Mass. 
 
uLocate enables parents (with security/permission access) who provide 
their children with GPS-enabled cell phones to:  
     ·  See the "real-time" location of family members displayed on a 
map on a "24x7" basis via a secure website;  
     ·  Retrieve and view locations of family members directly on 
their cell phone, 
     ·  Review the histories of locations visited, the routes taken, 
and even the associated mileage, during a specified time frame; 
and,   
     ·  Receive an alert, via an e-mail or a SMS text message on 
their cell phone, when family members leave from or arrive at pre-
defined locations (sites or areas a parent has defined, such as home, 
school, a neighborhood, etc.).  
 
"We find that parents will strike a deal with their children  they'll 
supply them with a cell phone in return for enabling the uLocate 
service," Phillips said.  "Or an individual may request the service 
for an elderly parent, two partners for each other, and so on  for 
virtually any group or relationship where one or more members will 
appreciate the peace of mind knowing where their loved ones are." 
 
Utilizing the latest in satellite and wireless technology uLocate 
utilizes the government's Global Positioning System (GPS) satellite 
network  effectively putting the technology to work today that all 
911 organizations must have in place by 2005.   
 
The uLocate service works with cell phones that can establish and 
broadcast their own location in terms of latitude and longitude using 
GPS.  The coordinates are then translated, through technology 
provided by MapQuest, for viewing as a local map after logging into a 
secure, private account on a Java-enhanced cell phone or on the 
uLocate Web site. 
 
Currently, the service is available to Nextel customers using either 
a Motorola i88s or i58sr cell phone and to T-Mobile, AT&T, or 
Cingular subscribers using any model Benefon.  Additional phones and 
carriers will be supported as they become GPS compatible, Phillips 
noted. 
 
Users can create a free uLocate account through the end of the year 
by enrolling online at www.ulocate.com or calling toll-free: 1-888-
641-0102.  Following the free three-month period, users will be 
eligible to continue their uLocate service on a monthly or annual 
subscription basis. Various discount plans are available. 
 
"Cell phones are becoming multi-purpose devices capable of much more 
than simple voice communication. By leveraging the latest in 
satellite and wireless technology, uLocate is providing a secure, 
reliable, service that creates value for families, individuals, and 
small businesses without any additional overhead, hardware or 
software," Phillips noted. 
 
For more information about uLocate and the free service offer, visit 
uLocate Communications on the Web at www.ulocate.com or call toll-
free 1-888-641-0102. 
 
About uLocate Communications 
uLocate communications, Inc. (www.ulocate.com) is an application and 
technology service provider of location-based services.  uLocate 
integrates GPS enabled cell phone technology with the convenience of 
the Internet to provide global, real-time tracking and associated LBS 
services for both enterprise applications and personal use.  Based in 
Newton, Mass., the company operates web sites at addressbook.com and 
uLocate.com.  
                                               # # # 

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/