Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Kyocera to enter PTT handset game

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2003 13:12:16 -0400

Kyocera to enter PTT handset game
By Mike Dano
October 06 12:35:00, 2003

Kyocera Wireless Corp. said it will make push-to-talk mobile phones through a new
deal with PTT technology company Togabi Technologies. Kyocera said the phones will
be available early next year.
Kyocera is the second company to license technology from Togabi. Samsung
Electronics Co. Ltd. announced earlier this year a similar deal.

Nextel Communications Inc. has been offering PTT services through Motorola Inc.
handsets for years. Verizon Wireless recently became the first carrier to
challenge Nextel with its own PTT offering, which operates through Motorola
phones.  Sprint PCS has said it will soon launch its own PTT service, which is
rumored to use Sanyo handsets.

“PTT is clearly being embraced by a growing number of CDMA carriers, and Kyocera
Wireless is committed to working with technology leaders like Togabi to provide
those carriers with PTT-enabled handsets that will be compelling to their
customers,” said Tsuyoshi Mano, president of Kyocera Wireless Corp. “All of our
phones are designed to simplify the lives of their users, and we believe many of
those users will use PTT to stay better connected.”

Togabi said it has multiple PTT trials ongoing on all major network technologies
across four different continents and with three of its worldwide distribution
partners. The company’s strategy is to continue building its increasing-diverse
portfolio of high-volume client devices and carrier-grade server platforms to
support PTT opportunities worldwide.

http://rcrnews.com/cgi-bin/news.pl?newsId=15353

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/