Subject: [NEXTEL-1] fdny

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2003 12:11:23 -0400

-------- Original Message --------
   From: John Henry <[email-masked]>
Subject: fdny

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

October 24, 2003
Albany - Gov. George Pataki vetoed yesterday a bill that would have loosened the
requirement that New York City Fire Department dispatchers live in the city. The
measure would have extended to dispatchers the same exceptions enjoyed by
firefighters in the department - that they be allowed to live in counties
contiguous to, or no more than 15 miles from, the city.

The governor said the Bloomberg administration urged him to veto the bill. Pataki
said one argument for approving the measure - that the department is having
trouble finding qualified employees within city limits - does not exist in this
case and that the city has comfortably filled all 141 of its fire dispatcher
slots.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/