Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Excel announces wireless push-to-talk capabilities for application platform

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2003 15:18:17 -0400

Excel announces wireless capabilities for application platform
October 06 12:33:00, 2003

HYANNIS, Mass.—Excel Switching Corp. today announced wireless capabilities for its
Converged Services Platform in an effort to help accelerate wireless application
development and deployment.

CSP features an integrated wireless protocol stack that supports SIP and SS7, as
well as Intelligent Network (IN) protocols including ANSI-41, WIN, AIN, MAP, CAMEL
and INAP. The platform is capable of delivering services across second- and
third-generation and Wi-Fi networks. These options make CSP a good choice for
enabling applications from a cost-management perspective, according to JC Murphy,
president of Excel.

The platform is being sold to value-added resellers, original equipment
manufacturers and wireless carriers to enable wireless applications. CSP has
already been deployed to enable wireless applications for prepaid calling,
location-based services, intelligent call screening, color ringback tones and
personal access services. Murphy also believes the platform can be used to enable
advanced wireless applications, including m-commerce, voice portals, instant
messaging, push-to-talk, gaming and video.

Excel was spun off from Lucent Technologies Inc. about a year ago and is now
independently profitable with 125 customers worldwide.

http://rcrnews.com/cgi-bin/news.pl?newsId=15350

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Rent DVDs Online - Over 14,500 titles.
No Late Fees & Free Shipping.
Try Netflix for FREE!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/JYdFFC/XP.FAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/