Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Don't mess with the Bravest......Probe Bravest in vandal scandal

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 14:44:45 -0400

Don't mess with the Bravest......
Probe Bravest in vandal scandal

By RICHARD WEIR
DAILY NEWS POLICE BUREAU

Several Brooklyn firefighters are being investigated for allegedly vandalizing a
CNN truck at Wednesday's ferry disaster on Staten Island, officials said
yesterday.

As many as four firefighters were spotted smashing a rear window and using a tool
to deflate the tires of a white 1999 Ford Explorer operated by a CNN crew, law
enforcement sources said.

The sport-utility vehicle, which has New York press license plates, was parked in
a lane on a ramp leading to the St. George ferry terminal and was not blocking
traffic or a fire hydrant, sources said.
"It was singled out, no doubt," one source said.

The Department of Investigation is probing the vandalism, officials said. However,
a spokeswoman for the agency declined to comment.

Several reporters saw the firefighters, who are assigned to a Brooklyn ladder
company, vandalizing the vehicle. It was unclear yesterday what sparked the
incident, which took place about 9:30 p.m., six hours after the crash.

A Fire Department spokesman said no formal charges have yet been brought against
the firefighters.
A CNN spokeswoman did not return calls seeking comment.
Originally published on October 17, 2003
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/local/story/127706p-114293c.html

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 17:43:19 -0400

"Smashing a rear window and using a tool to deflate the tires"

CNN got off easy, any card carrying member of the press in NYC knows that you don't
P** ***
FDNY or NYPD. I'm sure we will find out CNN broke 1 of the FDNY 10 Commandments.

In NYC if you park  your car in front of a hydrant they will brake your windows and
run their line right through. If you park too close the will pick your car up and
leave in the middle of the street and dare you to call a cop.

BMW- Break My Windows

Now "That's how Business Gets Done"!