Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Second chance for tower plan

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 07:51:48 -0400

Second chance for tower plan
by steve jusseaume
[email-masked]

HAMPTON - The Board of Selectmen may revisit
the idea of locating a cellular communications
tower at the Department of Public Works,
following the zoning board’s rejection of a
proposed 170-foot tall facility off Tide Mill Road.

Last month the ZBA rejected a proposed tower
on St. James Masonic Lodge property off Tide
Mill, largely because of organized opposition to
the plan by a dozen or more Tide Mill residents.
Several neighbors voiced concerns regarding
possible health risks from radioactivity emanating from the towers.

And one resident, Ann Carnaby of 54 Tide Mill, suggested the town might want to
locate a tower at the DPW complex.

But the town did just that in 2001. And last week it resurrected the idea.

"I would like to revisit this issue," board Chairman Brian Warburton said last
Monday, noting the ZBA’s rejection of the 170-foot tower proposed by Tower
Ventures and Omni Point.

Warburton recalled that two years ago, the voters approved a warrant article
calling on town officials to deal with one particular company on locating a cell
tower at the public works site. But those negotiations collapsed over time, and
the town could do little but forget the idea since the wording of the warrant
article limited the town to the single applicant.

Any future proposal to locate a tower at the DPW should be broad enough that the
town could deal with any number of cell service providers, Warburton suggested.

Cell service "is needed all over town," agreed Selectman Skip Sullivan, asking
what the DPW might think of the idea. He also suggested that Nextel service is
used by both the police and fire departments, and should be part of any equation
should the town rethink the issue.

http://www.seacoastonline.com/news/hampton/10072003/news/54047.htm

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: "Gregg Lengling" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 07:06:43 -0500

How did this one get past the legal muster…..isn't it illegal to reject
a tower over Health Concerns…seems to me that Federal Pre-emption
doesn't allow that.

Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI, Retired
Administrator http://www.milwaukeehdtv.org
K2/100 S#3075
Politics is the art of appearing candid and completely open, while
concealing as much as possible.   -States: The Bene Gesserit View

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, October 15, 2003 6:52 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Second chance for tower plan

And one resident, Ann Carnaby of 54 Tide Mill, suggested the town might
want to
locate a tower at the DPW complex.

But the town did just that in 2001. And last week it resurrected the
idea.

"I would like to revisit this issue," board Chairman Brian Warburton
said last
Monday, noting the ZBA’s rejection of the 170-foot tower proposed by
Tower
Ventures and Omni Point.

Warburton recalled that two years ago, the voters approved a warrant
article
calling on town officials to deal with one particular company on
locating a cell
tower at the public works site. But those negotiations collapsed over
time, and
the town could do little but forget the idea since the wording of the
warrant
article limited the town to the single applicant.

Any future proposal to locate a tower at the DPW should be broad enough
that the
town could deal with any number of cell service providers, Warburton
suggested.

Cell service "is needed all over town," agreed Selectman Skip Sullivan,
asking
what the DPW might think of the idea. He also suggested that Nextel
service is
used by both the police and fire departments, and should be part of any
equation
should the town rethink the issue.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=259395.3614674.4902533.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1707
367802:HM/A=1524963/R=0/SIG=12o885gmo/*http:/hits.411web.com/cgi-bin/aut
oredir?camp=556&lineid=3614674∝=egroupweb&pos=HM> 

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=259395.3614674.4902533.1261774/D=egrou
pmail/S=:HM/A=1524963/rand=366412218> 

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
<http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>  Service.