Subject: [NEXTEL-1] New NECe616 3G Phone

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2003 08:46:43 -0400

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/Oct2003/5925.htm

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Rent DVDs Online - Over 14,500 titles.
No Late Fees & Free Shipping.
Try Netflix for FREE!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/JYdFFC/XP.FAA/ySSFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

<script src="http://scripts.cgispy.com/randombanner/javarbanner.cgi?user=3Gtelecoms" language="JavaScript">
</script>

3G
HOME ssAdvertising
and Sponsorship ssFREE
Daily 3G Newsletter

ALL
TODAY'S PRESS RELEASES SEE BELOW

New
NECe616 3G Phone Photos

8th
October 2003

Europe
: NEC Corporation (NEC) will demonstrate its leadership in 3G mobile technologies
at ITU Telecom World 2003, exhibiting a range of innovative and cutting
edge handsets. NEC’s product portfolio for UMTS and W-CDMA handsets
is extensive, providing stylish terminals, mobile Internet applications
and software.

Inset
is the NECe616 3G Handset.

Visitors
to the NEC stand in Geneva will see the latest in 3G handsets from Europe
and Asia. NEC has now developed eleven unique 3G handsets worldwide. The
terminals display will feature the e616 model, which will be the fourth
and newest terminal to be sold in Europe. As 3G continues to roll out
globally, NEC’s ongoing role in development will be significant.
From providing the first handsets for NTT DoCoMo Inc. in Japan and for
Hutchison Whampoa Limited worldwide, NEC continues to lead from the front
in experience, design and manufacturing of 3G mobile terminals.

The
feature-rich e616 will be available globally through Hutchison Whampoa
Limited. In addition to person-to-person video, this compact model offers
audio and video streaming, video recording and playback and a built-in
GPS (Global Positioning System) for location-enabled services. Internet
browsing via the 3 portal is available through a dedicated “3”
key and front and back mounted cameras have zoom and panfocus keys, with
a handy camera light for quality pictures, day or night. The slim design
is visually striking and lightweight.

Ideal
for both business and personal use, the e616 has scheduling, calculator
and currency conversion capability, can record voice memos and be set
to respond discreetly to minimise disruption during meetings or movies.
The 2.2 inch screen recognises over 65,000 colours and the combination
of high-quality audio and visual features make viewing video clips or
game playing, using Java? technology, an impressive experience.

The
first 3G handset to be released outside Japan, the e606 sports two integral
cameras, mounted front and back, for picture and video, supports video
calls and internet browsing. It also has Bluetooth and MMS capability.
The e808 series has dual cameras, supports video calls and MMS. It has
a large colour display and offers enhanced memory (64MB) in two designs
– clamshell and bar. The Qwerty keyboards make emailing easy for
keeping up-to-date on the move.

The
latest model from Japan, the birthplace of 3G, will also be on display
on the NEC stand. The compact FOMA N2102v is a video camera phone available
exclusively through NTT DoCoMo Inc, for use in Japan only. Two CMOS cameras
mounted outside (320,000 pixels) and inside (110,000 pixels) capture up
to 10 continuous still or approximately 270 seconds worth of video images
which can be attached to mail. The enhanced Speed photo mail? function
allows simultaneous calling and mail transmission – with photos
attached from the memory store or freshly taken. The function can also
display the email address link of the call recipient. The outer camera
comes with Access Reader to scan and store urls from print.

A
first in mobile phone handsets, the N2102V is also enabled with PictureVoice?
which lets users record voice or sound onto still photos or video taken
with the phone and send as attachments by i-motion mail. Another first
is the one-inch outer colour TFT display; showing 65,536 colours and provides
an excellent viewfinder for taking pictures. CD-quality sound for applications
is provided by Advanced Audio Coding (AAC) and raises the entertainment
value of video clips sent by i-motion to new levels. All the usual features
of SMS, Internet browsing and E-mail come as standard on this model.

NEC
e606 Phone Review
: Read
MORE

Free
3G Phones

TODAY'S
PRESS RELEASES

DoCoMo
to Collaborate on i-mode and 3G Business

NTT
DoCoMo to enter into a Purchase Agreement with Far EasTone Telecommunications
Co., Ltd., Taiwan's third largest mobile operator.

i-mode
Mobile Terminals On Display

NEC
Corporation (NEC) will demonstrate its stylish range of i-mode mobile terminals
at Telecom World 2003.

New
NECe616 3G Phone Photos

The
feature-rich e616 offers person-to-person video, audio and video streaming,
video recording and playback

US
Cellular Places 3G Network Order

U.S.
Cellular has selected Nortel Networks to supply CDMA2000 1X core, radio
and wireless access technology

3G
Mobile Data Services for KDDI

SEVEN
announced that KDDI, the second largest mobile operator in Japan based in
Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo will offer Keitai Office...

BenQ
SmartPhone Power

Picsel
Technologies further strengthened its position as the leading multimedia
content enabling platform...

WCDMA
3G Network For StarHub

StarHub
has awarded Nokia a contract to supply WCDMA 3G network equipment with an
estimated value of 100 million euros

3G
Home

3G
Forum

Subscribe
To Newsletter

3G
Press Releases

3G
Phone Zone

3G
Fun Zone

3G
New Launches

3G
Events

3G
Reports

3G
Directory

Advertise

All
Material Subject to Copyright. All logos, graphics and trademarks are the
property of their respective owners.