Subject: [NEXTEL-1] World's first CDMA2000 1xEV-DV system

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 08:11:34 -0400

World's first CDMA2000 1xEV-DV system

As CDMA2000 1xEV-DV gains interest around the world, Samsung is demonstrating the
world's first 1xEV-DV system this week.

"With peak speeds anticipated to be around 3.1 Mbps and average data speeds
targeted for the 300 to 500 Kbps range, 1xEV-DV offers an integrated voice and
data solution for a wide variety of high-speed customer applications," said Oliver
Valente, vice president of Technology Development at Sprint, who was on hand for
the Samsung demonstrations. "The many advantages of 1xEV-DV should lend themselves
well to the kind of experience that Samsung is demonstrating at the ITU event this
week."

Because of its mixed-traffic -- voice and data -- capabilities, 1xEV-DV is
expected to be an excellent solution for supporting voice, video, WAP and HTTP
(HyperText Transfer Protocol). 1xEV-DV will allow more efficient transmission of
data and speeds that will open the door to even more applications and services.

1xEV-DV, with anticipated commercial deployment starting in the 2006 timeframe,
will be a more effective solution that will support both voice and data services,
similar to the nationwide 3G 1X technology in operation in the Sprint network
today. Unlike other wireless data migration strategies, 1xEV-DV is
backwards-compatible with 2G and 3G 1X, so new devices won't be necessary to
operate applications based on older standards.

Posted to the site on 17-Oct-03

http://www.cellular-news.com/story/9940.shtml

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/