Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Qpass scores Nextel, Dobson business

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 16:01:10 -0400

Qpass scores Nextel, Dobson business

by Mike Dano
Oct. 20, 2003 1:31 PM EST

Wireless activity and content management company Qpass Inc. today 
signed up Nextel Communications Inc., Dobson Communications Corp. 
and another unnamed carrier as new customers, giving the company 
close to half of the U.S. carrier market. 

The carriers will use Qpass' Prosperity Series software to manage 
the access control, charging, settlements, reporting and customer-
care aspects of their wireless data offerings, from ring tones to 
advanced downloadable applications. Cingular Wireless already uses 
Qpass' software for its DirectBill content service, and AT&T 
Wireless Services Inc. is selling its mMode content through the 
software. 

Tom Trinneer, Qpass' vice president of products, said the company 
developed several new features to deal with the specific 
requirements of its new carrier customers. Nextel will use Qpass' 
software for a range of services, including consumer content 
management. As for Dobson, Trinneer said the carrier is using a 
Qpass-hosted offering, making the service more affordable for 
smaller carriers. 

Through its deals, Qpass now counts more than 65 million total users 
in the United States. The company offers a content catalog with more 
than 10,000 applications from more than 100 providers. Following its 
extensive business moves in the United States, Trinneer said Qpass 
is now looking to expand into Europe and is currently building a 
sales force there. Trinneer said Qpass expects to have European 
trial customers by the second quarter of next year

http://rcrnews.com/cgi-bin/news.pl?newsId=15539

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/