Subject: [NEXTEL-1] FCC Wireless E9-1-1 Coordination Initiative

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 10:18:11 -0500

APCO LEADERS PARTICIPATE IN

              FCC WIRELESS E9-1-1 COORDINATION INITIATIVE

October 28, 2003, Washington, DC – The Association of Public-Safety
Communications Officials (APCO) International, Inc. President-Elect Greg
Ballentine, along with 9-1-1 and Communications Center Operations
Director Bill Cade and Project LOCATE Chair Nancy Pollock will be
participating in the second meeting of the Federal Communications
Commission (FCC) Wireless Enhanced 9-1-1 (E9-1-1) Coordination
Initiative to be held at the Commission’s Headquarters on October 29 and
30.

The first meeting, held in April of this year, brought together key
stakeholders to develop innovative plans based on the findings of the
Hatfield Report.This meeting will reconvene the same group of wireless
industry experts, national, state, and local government officials and
the public safety community to further discuss the findings of the
previous meeting and the new issues that have arisen since.

Ballentine will be participating on the panel entitled “State PUC
Issues” with Commissioner Charles Davidson from the Florida Public
Services Commission and Commissioner Connie Hughes from the New Jersey
Board of Public Utilities.Cade will be participating in the “Rural
E9-1-1: Unique Challenges to Deployment” panel and Pollock will be
updating the participants on the Project LOCATE activities in a panel
titled “Ongoing Industry and Public Safety Efforts to Facilitate
Deployment” and will be speaking on the PBX issues as well.

The FCC Wireless E9-1-1 Coordination Initiative will be held
from 10:00am until 5:30pm on October 29 and from 9:15am until 4:30pm on
October 30 in the Commission Meeting Room at the Commission’s
Headquarters at 445 12th St. SW, Washington, DC20554.The meeting is open
to the public and will be webcast at the FCC’s event web page at
www.fcc.gov/realaudio.

Courtney McCarron

Communication Affairs Manager

APCO International, Inc.

Office of Government Affairs

1725 DeSales St. NW Suite 808

Washington, DC20036

(v) 202.833.9600

(f) 202.833.5700

(m) 202.277.4936