Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Give Nextel "The Finger" And Pay Your Bill

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2003 01:32:45 -0400

BioPay(R) Empowers Merchants Across the Suburban Washington, DC Area to Offer
Biometric Payments to Consumers

Give Nextel The Finger And Pay Your Bill
From Food Merchants to Gas Stations to Hair Salons, Businesses Embrace
BioPay(R); Consumers Enjoy BioPay's Convenience

HERNDON, Va., Sept. 23 /PRNewswire/ -- Biometric payment transaction leader
BioPay, LLC today announced its bCheck(R) biometric payment service can now be
used to pay for goods and services at nearly two dozen retail locations in
Northern Virginia and Maryland.  These merchants represent the largest cluster of
businesses using biometric payment systems anywhere in the United States.  BioPay
is proving to give merchants a low-cost form of payment with unmatched security
against fraud and consumers get the convenience and security of paying with the
touch of a personal biometric.  Merchants in multiple vertical markets are seeing
the advantages of BioPay and are eagerly installing the bCheck system.  In fact,
merchants like mobile phone dealers, pet stores, gas stations, hair salons, dry
cleaners, restaurants, and health stores are now taking advantage of BioPay's
ability to reduce payment costs, stop check fraud, and increase customer
convenience.  "BioPay delivers unsurpassed convenience to consumers," said Tim
Robinson, president, BioPay.  "Shoppers no longer have to remember to bring their
check book or credit and debit cards.  They simply use their finger image to
authorize a debit from checking account and they're on their way." Running errands
has never been easier for consumers.  Consumers can pick-up their cleaning, fill
their gas tank, buy lunch, get their haircut, and easily pay for their purchases
with a scan of their finger.  Customers can pay with their finger at any BioPay
bCheck location, including these businesses that currently offer the service to
consumers:

* Cafe Primavera - 850 North Randolph Road, Arlington, Virginia
* California Tortilla - 4862 Cordell Avenue, Bethesda, Maryland
* Cartoon Cuts - 21100 Dulles Town Center, Sterling, Virginia
* Crest Cleaners - 1250 Elden Street, Herndon, Virginia
* Crest Cleaners - 13340G Franklin Farm Road, Herndon, Virginia
* Fox Mill Pets - 404 Elden Street, Herndon, Virginia
* Fox Mill Pets - 13300 Franklin Farm Road, Herndon, Virginia
* General Nutrition Center (GNC) - 21100 Dulles Town Center, Sterling,
Virginia
* General Nutrition Center (GNC) -  21000 Southbank Street, Sterling,
Virginia
* Hickory Hams - 560 Herndon Parkway, Herndon, Virginia
* Ingrid's Hair Design - 11340H Franklin Farm Road, Herndon, Virginia
* Little Italy Deli - 13850 East Braddock Road, Centreville, Virginia
* Milano Pizza & Pasta - 1015 Dranesville Road, Herndon, Virginia
* Monroe Grill - 610 Herndon Parkway, Herndon, Virginia
* Nextel (ADCOMM, Inc.) - 13830-2 Lee Highway, Centreville, Virginia
* Nextel (ADCOMM, Inc.) - 13037-A2 Lee Jackson Memorial Highway,
Chantilly, Virginia
* Nextel (ADCOMM, Inc.) - 380 Elden Street, Herndon, Virginia
* Nextel (ADCOMM, Inc.) - 8216 Centreville Road, Manassas, Virginia
* Shell Gas Station - 12219 Leesburg Pike, Herndon, Virginia

"Good business is all about giving our customers quality and convenience," said
Pam Felix, owner, California Tortilla, Bethesda, Maryland.  "With bCheck,
customers can get through the line quicker and get on to more pressing tasks like
enjoying their tasty burrito."

Preventing fraud with bCheck bCheck helps merchants fight check fraud.  Since
biometrics are unique to an individual and can't be stolen or easily replicated,
they offer consumers protection against identity theft.  Merchants accepting
biometric payments can be confident the customer is who they say they are, helping
to reduce losses to fraud.

"bCheck lets me give my customers the service they deserve," said Tom Webb,
Franchise Owner, General Nutrition Centers (GNC), Sterling, Virginia.  "At the
same time, bCheck helps me detect a bad check and prevents me from taking a loss.
That's great for my bottom line."
The Federal Trade Commission reports that nearly ten million people were victims
of identity theft in 2002; annual losses from check fraud alone exceed $10 billion
every year, on average.
Purchases with bCheck

Making purchases with bCheck is easy.  Customers simply enter their phone number
and place their finger on the scanning device to confirm their purchase amount.
Funds are securely transferred from the enrolled account to the merchant's
account.  The transaction is performed like a normal check payment, but settlement
is performed electronically and the customer's unique finger scan acts as the
signature on the check.

Purchases made with bCheck also offer the merchant a low-cost form of payment
acceptance.  In fact, bCheck transaction costs are 75% less than the costs of
credit card and off-line debit (check card) transactions.

Enrolling in bCheck

Customers only need to enroll in bCheck once, and enrollment can be completed at
any merchant that offers the bCheck service.  To enroll, the customer gives the
clerk his or her driver's license or other ID for inputting into BioPay's
database.  At the same time, the customer's index fingers are scanned.  The
customer's preferred checking account is also recorded. The entire process takes
less than a minute.  Repeat customers can quickly and conveniently pay for
purchases with the touch of a finger; cash, checks, credit and debit cards, and ID
are no longer required.

About BioPay, LLC

Established in 1999, BioPay(R) provides smart, secure methods for processing
financial transactions.  Its biometric systems help businesses substantially
reduce fraud and give consumers a convenient, easy way for cashing checks and
paying for purchases.  BioPay's patent-pending systems for merchants, banks and
financial service organizations have been implemented across the nation.  BioPay's
value to consumers and merchants has created the nation's largest commercial
electronic biometric database.  For more information on BioPay and its
industry-leading products please visit http://www.biopay.com.

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/09-23-2003/0002022230&EDATE=

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/