Subject: [NEXTEL-1] House Committee Clears E911 Bill

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2003 10:17:22 -0400

House Committee Clears E911 Bill
BY WIRELESS WEEK STAFF
OCTOBER 1, 2003

WASHINGTON -- The House Commerce Committee today approved the E911 bill that would
withhold grant money from states that raid E911 surcharge accounts.
The bill, which was set on a fast track for Congress and now has to be reconciled
with the Senate version, would allocate grant money for states to use to implement
E911 location technology with public safety responders. The House version requests
a $100 million pool of grant money, while the Senate version asks for $500
million.

CTIA hailed the bill's passage. "This legislation will protect E911 funds while
simultaneously strengthening statewide coordination and cooperation among local
phone companies, wireless carriers and public safety," said Steve Berry, CTIA
senior vice president for government affairs at CTIA.

http://www.wirelessweek.com/index.asp?layout=newsat2direct&starting=5&pubdate=10/01/03

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/