Subject: [NEXTEL-1] SkyCross Trims Wi-Fi Antenna Size

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 01:11:55 -0400

SkyCross Trims Wi-Fi Antenna Size
Oct 17, 2003

Fixed wireless and Wi-Fi network operators looking to make their access points
more inconspicuous have an ally in SkyCross. The Melbourne, Fla.-based wireless
antenna technology developer this week introduced what it calls "the industry's
smallest high-performance antenna array" for the fixed wireless and local-area
network markets. SkyCross' 2x2AR-2550U-A array antenna utilizes its printed ink
technology to produce an antenna array that covers both markets in one small
package. It is comparable in performance to competitive directional arrays, but at
3 inches square, occupies 65 percent less surface area, according to SkyCross.

Specifications of SkyCross' new antenna include a 2.4-2.7 GHz frequency range, 8.2
dBi gain and greater than 90 percent efficiency. SkyCross' antennas are based on
its patented Meander Line Antenna technology that allows engineers to design
high-performance, multi-mode, multi-frequency antennas that can be hidden inside
mobile casings, have very low radiation profiles, and offer better gain
characteristics over existing solutions. Typical applications for the antennas
include handsets, laptops, PDAs, automobiles and household electronics.

http://search.pbimedia.com/search97cgi/s97_cgi?action=View&VdkVgwKey=%2E%2E%2Fdocuments%2Farchive%2Fct%2Fct10170305%2Ehtml&DocOffset=1&Collection=archive&&ViewTemplate=new_tweb_view_wdn.hts

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Rent DVDs Online - Over 14,500 titles.
No Late Fees & Free Shipping.
Try Netflix for FREE!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Tq9otC/XP.FAA/3jkFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/