Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Kyocera phone battery explodes - good thing it wasn't a shoephone

From: "Todd Ellis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 07:51:54 -0400

From drudgereport.com

http://www.wowt.com/news/features/3/495427.html

Omaha may be renamed Ohmuhphone!

Todd Ellis

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2003 08:01:36 -0400

That's a hot one!

In past cases and "After market" battery has always been to blame.  I would be
interested to find out if an after market battery was involved here and what the
final determination would be. A Washington Shyster Lawyer would love this case.
FYI-Wash leads the pack in  cellphone liability lawsuits.

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

---

From: "Gregg Lengling" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 07:07:28 -0500

Doesn't look like this was an aftermarket battery..the phone was only 2
days old...

Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI, Retired
Administrator http://www.milwaukeehdtv.org
K2/100 S#3075
Politics is the art of appearing candid and completely open, while
concealing as much as possible.   -States: The Bene Gesserit View

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, October 07, 2003 7:02 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [NEXTEL-1] Kyocera phone battery explodes - good thing it
wasn't a shoephone

That's a hot one!

In past cases and "After market" battery has always been to blame.  I
would be
interested to find out if an after market battery was involved here and
what the
final determination would be. A Washington Shyster Lawyer would love
this case.
FYI-Wash leads the pack in  cellphone liability lawsuits.

> http://www.wowt.com/news/features/3/495427.html
 
<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=194081.3897168.5135684.1261774/D=egrou
pmail/S=:HM/A=1732163/rand=674706807> 

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
<http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>  Service.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2003 09:18:54 -0400

I read that but some dealers do the battery bait & switch to cut their costs.

Gregg Lengling wrote:

> Doesn't look like this was an aftermarket battery….the phone was only 2 days
> old…..
>
> Politics is the art of appearing candid and completely open, while concealing as
> much as possible.   -States: The Bene Gesserit View
>
> Subject: Re: [NEXTEL-1] Kyocera phone battery explodes - good thing it wasn't a
> shoephone
>
>
>
> That's a hot one!

  Todd Ellis wrote:

> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.
>
>
>                    Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

>
> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.