Subject: [NEXTEL-1] NEC unveils new power amplifier

From: "marcel_rf1" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 15:41:40 -0000

NEC unveils new power amplifier

California Eastern Laboratories has announced the availability of a 
new three-stage GaAs MMIC Power Amplifier from NEC.
The UPG2118K combines predriver, driver, and output stage in one 
miniature package
and is useable in bands from 800 to 2500 MHz
It's ideal for use in 915 and 2400 MHz ISM band applications, as well 
as other Short Range Wireless bands not covered by industry standard 
MMIC PA designs.
Its versatility also makes it a viable option for standard 
applications such as Cellular, GSM 900, DCS 1800, PCS 1900, and W-LAN.
The UPG2118K delivers high output power, high gain, and high 
efficiency.
It's fabricated using E-mode FET technology, so it requires a single, 
positive, low voltage power supply.

Performance specs include:

Operation: 800 - 2500 MHz
Output Power: +32 dBm (1.5W) min.
Gain: 44 dB typ at 1.8 GHz
Power Added Efficiency: 42 percent min at 1.8 GHz
Power Requirement: 2.8 - 5.5 V single, positive supply

On-chip active bias helps the UPG2118K maintain a constant bias 
current over temperature and variations in Vth.
Off-chip matching also allows the designer to take full advantage of 
the device's bandwidth flexibility, optimizing performance for a given 
frequency.
Housed in a miniature 4 mm square 20-pin leadless package, the 
UPG2118K is in
stock and available now from CEL.
www.cel.com

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Rent DVDs from home.
Over 14,500 titles. Free Shipping
& No Late Fees. Try Netflix for FREE!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/ybSovB/hP.FAA/3jkFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/