Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Boo At The Zoo Adds Safety Measures

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 00:16:29 -0500

Boo At The Zoo Adds Safety Measures
Sunday October 26, 2003 10:23pm
Reporter: Christina Muñoz   Posted By: Amanda Kelton

Little Rock - During this time of year there are plenty of Halloween events going
on but some can cause safety
concerns for parents.  That's why the annual "Boo at the Zoo" uses a lost child
alert program to keep parents and kids together.  The little rock zoo has teamed
up with the wireless provider Nextel, in hopes of making sure each little ghost
and goblin goes home with the right parent.  For most kids, Boo at the Zoo is time
for costumes and candy.
For many parents, keeping track of their clowns and princesses can be quite a
task.

That's why parents are filling out I.D bands, with their name, address, and phone
number.

(Nathaniel Henderson/Volunteer)  "So this is for the child and this for the
parent.  If the child becomes separated they report here, we look at the
information inside the badge, and when the parents come to claim them, we make
sure the numbers correspond to what's on the ticket."

Parents say the extra safety measure allows them and their kids to relax and enjoy
the annual event.
(Christina Smoke/Mother)  "I keep a close eye on her but if she gets away from me,
which she has a tendency to do, I won't worry about her getting lost.  I'll be
able to find her.  It's kind of a safeguard."

(Michelle Hayden/Mother)  "There's no telling when she can get away from me and if
she does then I have a way where they can get a hold of me.  If somebody see's her
where she's not supposed to be, like she does all the time, then it's just a way
to keep her safe." (Linda Berry/Grandmother)  "They see all these neat things and
they take off running to them.  It's hard to keep track of them, so it's good."
Boo at the Zoo continues on Tuesday and runs through Halloween night from 6 until
9.
For more information, there's a link to the zoo's website at KATV.com.
http://www.katv.com/news/stories/1003/107934.html

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Rent DVDs Online - Over 14,500 titles.
No Late Fees & Free Shipping.
Try Netflix for FREE!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/vhSowB/XP.FAA/3jkFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/