Subject: [NEXTEL-1] New Siemens 3G Phone

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 09:42:05 -0400

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/Oct2003/5941.htm

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

<script src="http://scripts.cgispy.com/randombanner/javarbanner.cgi?user=3Gtelecoms" language="JavaScript">
</script>

3G
HOME ssAdvertising
and Sponsorship ssFREE
Daily 3G Newsletter

ALL
TODAY'S PRESS RELEASES SEE BELOW

New
Siemens 3G Phone

13th
October 2003

Europe
: Siemens debuts second 3G mobile phone and is now the most successful
3G supplier - Rudi Lamprecht: "All mobile handsets in Europe 3G capable
by 2010" Study: 3G expected to reduce costs - Consumers optimistic
about the new technology

More
photos click here MORE Photos

The
mobile communication group at Siemens AG - Siemens mobile - debuted the
U15 3G mobile phone today in Vienna. This mobile phone for the next generation
of mobile communication was used to provide a live demonstration of services
that are not possible on today's generation of mobile phones, such as
videotelephony or music downloads from the Internet. Two 3G mobile communication
networks are already in operation in Vienna; one of them was built by
Siemens.

To
date, twelve 3G mobile networks have already gone into operation worldwide,
seven of them built by Siemens in partnership with NEC. In connection
with the U15 presentation, Rudi Lamprecht, a member of the Managing Board
of Siemens AG, summed up the current situation this way: "With 1.3
million users today on the 3G networks we have built, we're the world's
most successful equipment supplier for next-generation mobile communication."

The
first 3G mobile phone from Siemens, the U10, has already been on the market
in Austria for several months. Concerning the popularity of 3G handsets,
Lamprecht said: "According to our forecasts, every mobile handset
in Europe will be 3G capable by 2010. We anticipate that there will be
some 40 million users in 2005 and that the 100-million mark will be reached
by year-end 2006."

With
the U15, Siemens showcased its second 3G mobile phone, which unites all
of the functions that are technologically feasible today, such as videotelephony,
music streaming or the ability to record sound videos. The U15 is a triband
dual-mode device. That means it can operate in all GSM networks worldwide
and automatically switches over to 3G. It features two integrated cameras
with triple zoom, a high-resolution color display and 64 megabytes of
memory. The new mobile handset will begin to ship in November and will
be launched in 16 countries.

Siemens
and its Japanese partner NEC are the leaders in building next-generation
mobile communication networks: The two companies have already installed
a total of 24,000 3G base stations and together have received contract
awards to build twenty-five 3G networks. No other equipment supplier has
already handed over so many networks to its customers for commercial operation.

Lamprecht
also presented the results of a survey of 3,000 consumers in Germany,
France and England. The result: One half of those surveyed are already
convinced that 3G will succeed in the marketplace. They anticipate that
the new services will substantially enhance their personal mobility; that
ranges from availability right through to independence from the office
or fixed-line networks. Business users expect to be able to reduce costs,
for example by being able to connect to their internal enterprise network
while out on the road. In Germany, 70 percent of this user group has a
positive attitude toward buying a 3G mobile handset.

NEC
e606 Phone Review
: Read
MORE

Free
3G Phones

TODAY'S
PRESS RELEASES

WiMax
Wireless Top Dog

WiMax
wireless broadband technology was recognized as the "Most Promising
Technology of the Year," as part of CNET Networks

First
Au Designed KDDI Wireless Handset

KDDI
and Okinawa Cellular is pleased to announce the launch of INFOBAR, the first
release in the "au design project" series, a collaboration between
designers

New
Siemens 3G Phone

This
mobile phone for the next generation of mobile communication was used to
provide a live demonstration of services

3G
Mobile Data Communications

System
SEVEN offers a secure service that is well-suited for mobile operators entering
enterprise solution market," said Katsuhiro Nakagawa, Vice President
of NEC

3G
Motorola A835 Phone Launched

The
Motorola A835 offers a high quality zoom camera and speakerphone that makes
video calling - video mobile technology's most unique feature

New
Study on Mobile Entertainment

Mobile
entertainment services in Europe are not yet on the brink of mass market
consumer adoption.

3G
Test Cases Approved

he
protocol conformance test cases were validated by the Validation Competence
Center of CETECOM,

3G
Home

3G
Forum

Subscribe
To Newsletter

3G
Press Releases

3G
Phone Zone

3G
Fun Zone

3G
New Launches

3G
Events

3G
Reports

3G
Directory

Advertise

All
Material Subject to Copyright. All logos, graphics and trademarks are the
property of their respective owners.