Subject: [NEXTEL-1] SAFECOM- Public Safety Wireless Interoperability

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 02:26:46 -0400

Dr. David Boyd           September 9, 2003
Public Safety Wireless Interoperability
SAFECOM
===============================================
Public Safety's Wireless Issues
SAFECOM's Role
Appendix: Additional Spectrum Information
===============================================

What is public safety wireless .interoperability.?
The ability of public safety service and support providers to talk with each other
via voice and data on demand, in real time, when needed.
It is notthe ability to communicate with
everyone all of the time
It isthe ability to communicate with
whom we need to
when we need to
when authorized to

Why is interoperability critical to our nation?
1.Lives are being lost and property damaged because public safety agencies cannot
effectively communicate
2.Technology for interoperability is now available but has not been universally or
effectively deployed
3.Interoperability will save money through better capital deployment and resource
efficiency

See attachment for full presentation-
http://www.nlectc.org/training/nij2003/Boyd.pdf

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/