Subject: [NEXTEL-1] The Mobile Phone You Need To Eat

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2003 05:53:08 -0400

The Mobile Phone You Need To Eat
Contributed by mmasnick on Mon, Oct 6 2003

It was just last week that we reported Nicholas Negroponte

http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20031002/1319239_F.shtml was saying companies
don't think he's far enough out on the lunatic fringe lately in coming up with
ideas for products several generations down the road. It looks like he's trying to
adjust that perception. He's now predicting that we could eventually have mobile
phones in a pill form, http://www.iht.com/articles/112485.html where you would
need to swallow your "phone" every morning and have it work all day. He says that
the mobile phone makers would love it, since they would then be supplying
consumable goods rather than durable goods - meaning more regular sales. He
predicts consumers would like it because it would mean no longer having to "carry"
your phone. He also has other mobile phone ideas, such as putting a phone into the
form factor of a pen - pointing out that the length from ear to mouth is just
about right. As for dialing? You just write the number you want to call on a piece
of paper, and let the built-in handwriting recognition do the rest. Of course,
this ignores the fact that most people tend to call "stored" numbers from their
mobile phone rather than new numbers - but I guess those are just details.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/