Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Corporate Plans

From: "Justin W. Pauler" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 15:11:25 -0500

Hello,

I am the Network Administrator for a Publicly-Traded Wireless Internet
Hotspot ISP based out of Baton Rouge, LA. We are currently researching
different providers for 5-10 cell phones for the employees in our office.
Personally, I have a Nextel phone and love it, but in trying to get some
phones for our company, we have hit a few snags.

My employer has contacted our local Nextel office regarding a Corporate
contract, but to my amazement, for a PUBLICLY-TRADED company, any type of
plan/phone would require a $500-750 deposit for each person and the salesman
wanted to see a host of financial documents. My question is, is this normal
practice for a corporate contract?

We we're contacted today by a Verizon salesman who had a much better offer.
For any number of phones we wanted, no deposit and a decent price for 1,000
mobile-to-mobile minutes, 500 voice minutes and unlimited push-to-talk. 

Can anyone assist in our battle, I would rather see our company go with a
Nextel solution, and a decent price/deposit would push my employer in the
right direction.

Any suggestions?

-- jwp

Justin W. Pauler
Network Administrator
Air-Q WiFi Corporation
225-923-1034 x87

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: Evan Platt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2003 16:14:59 -0700

> practice for a corporate contract?

I don't believe the deposit is based on your stock rating, but your
companies credit score. I've seen huge companies that have no credit
history, as they paid 'cash' for everything, and they were a deposit score
also. I'm betting your company is similar - lack of credit history. And,
thinking back on it, the fact that they're asking for 'a host of financial
documents', I'm pretty confident that's the case - lack of credit. Usually
what I see is they simply want a bank statement, but it's been a while
since I've dealt with that.

> We we're contacted today by a Verizon salesman who had a much better
> offer. For any number of phones we wanted, no deposit and a decent price
> for 1,000 mobile-to-mobile minutes, 500 voice minutes and unlimited 
> push-to-talk. 

Let me guess - $59.99? Keep in mind, every carrier has different
requirements for credit scores, and some may simply need / want the
business so may be willing to take a risk and not require a deposit.

> Nextel solution, and a decent price/deposit would push my employer in the

Unfortunately, I can only lend moral support. :(

Hope this sheds a light though.

Evan