Subject: [NEXTEL-1] UNESCO group – hosted by Nextel’s Mel Velarde. Mel showed up barely in time to pay the bill

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 21:48:58 -0500

Incomparable Paris sparkles and swings
BY THE WAY By Max V. Soliven
The Philippine Star 10/08/2003
PARIS – You can go to Brussels and get back in a wink.  That’s the glory of the
present train system. From Brussels back to Paris takes just one hour and 15
minutes on an efficient THALYS train, utilizing the practical high-speed rail
network set up by the French, German, Dutch and Belgian railroad, linking city to
city in those countries.

<SNIP>

There were four birthday celebrations the night we dined there (on lamb, salmon,
oysters, and fois gras) with the UNESCO group – hosted by Nextel’s Mel Velarde.
Mel showed up barely in time to pay the bill because he had been brought by Rep.
Edmundo Reyes, Jr. on a guided tour of the Metro – perhaps the finest underground
rail system in the world. The Metro covers 192 kilometers, serves 360 stations,
and is utilized by four to five million Parisian commuters daily, its 3,700
carriages running on rubber wheels.
On our Metro train the other day, there was a concertina-player from Romania who
filled the coach with the familiar strains of Canta Llorando, then went around
politely asking for alms. Almost everyone gave a few coins.

There’s light for everyone in the City of Light!

http://216.239.39.104/search?q=cache:koggKrm667wJ:www.philstar.com/philstar/News200310082602.htm++Nextel++site:www.philstar.com&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Rent DVDs from home.
Over 14,500 titles. Free Shipping
& No Late Fees. Try Netflix for FREE!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/ybSovB/hP.FAA/3jkFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/