Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Harris Corporation Radio Transmitters Selected For Iraq Rebuilding Effort PR Newswire -

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 05 Oct 2003 08:18:29 -0400

Harris Corporation Radio Transmitters Selected For Iraq Rebuilding Effort PR
Newswire - Monday, September 29, 2003
Company Establishes New Iraq Initiatives Office

MELBOURNE, Fla., Sept. 29 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Radio transmitters and related
equipment from Harris Corporation (NYSE: HRS) will be used to help rebuild the
communications infrastructure of Iraq, bringing listeners news and entertainment
programming from the Broadcasting Board of Governors (BBG) Radio SAWA, Radio Free
Iraq, and Voice of America broadcast services.

The contract, awarded to Harris under the auspices of the BBG International
Broadcasting Bureau, includes Harris Quest(TM)-1 1kW FM radio transmitters,
Z10FM(TM) 10kW FM radio transmitters, and Z5FM 5kW FM radio transmitters, along
with accessories and additional equipment from Orban, Inc. for various sites in
Iraq, including the city of Baghdad.

Harris recently created an Iraq Initiatives Office that pools the products and
resources of its five communications businesses to address the business
opportunities related to the rebuilding of Iraq. "Harris offers a broad spectrum
of innovative, assured communications products that are ideally suited for rapid
deployment and infrastructure development," said Howard L. Lance, chairman,
president and CEO of Harris. "Our products have been deployed in developing
nations around the world, and we are addressing the specific needs of Iraq where
infrastructure development is lacking or nonexistent."

Heading the company's new Iraq Initiatives program is Managing Director Youssef
(Joe) Sleiman. Mr. Sleiman, who was born in Lebanon and educated in the U.S., has
been with Harris for 26 years in varying domestic and international positions.
"Joe has exceptional government contracting experience, as well as a personal
understanding of the Middle East," said Bob Henry, senior vice president of
Harris. "He is the point man in our efforts to provide a variety of broadcast,
microwave, network support, and integrated communications systems for U.S.-funded
contracts, as well as programs arising from the rebuilding efforts by the new
Iraqi government and by free-enterprise initiatives."

Harris Corporation is an international communications equipment company focused on
providing product, system, and service solutions for government and commercial
customers. The company's five operating divisions serve markets for government
communications, tactical radio, broadcast, microwave, and network support systems.
Harris provides sales and service to customers in more than 150 countries.
Additional information about Harris Corporation is available at www.harris.com.

SOURCE Harris Corporation
/CONTACT: Tom Hausman, Harris Corporation, +1-321-727-9131, or
[email-masked]/
/Web site: http://www.harris.com /

http://www.menafn.com/qn_news_story.asp?StoryId=Cp3EUqbWbrKXnmda1

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/