Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Motorola Veteran Named General Manager at 4thpass

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 17:06:57 -0500

Motorola Veteran Named General Manager at 4thpass

4thpass Software Now Available to More Than 270 Million Mobile
Subscribers
Worldwide

SEATTLE, Oct. 30 /PRNewswire/ -- Veteran Motorola executive, Ed Zylka,
was recently named General Manager of 4thpass Inc. He was promoted to
expand the Seattle-based wireless software company which has already
commercially launched its mobile data services software with some of the
world's largest operators.  Zylka will continue to manage Enterprise
Solutions within Motorola's PCS division as he seeks to grow 4thpass and
its offerings.

"4thpass is poised to grow and innovate in the wireless data arena,"
said Zylka, adding more than 270 million subscribers now have access to
4thpass mobile services technology. "We will continue to drive data
traffic and create unique mobile experiences for operators as we advance
the 4thpass software."

The 4thpass mobile services software is integrated into carrier networks
and its content download service is generating hundreds of thousands of
downloads a week. Most recently, 4thpass deployed its wireless software
service, MAS, at China Mobile and China Unicom -- the number one and
number three largest operators in the world.
Currently, 4thpass technology is commercially launched with seven major
operators spanning from Spain, Korea and

China to the US and the UK.

Operators use 4thpass MAS to market, manage, deliver and profit from
mobile content. The technology makes for simple, trouble-free downloads
for subscribers which drives data traffic for operators.

"Subscribers don't need to know 4thpass makes complicated, advanced
software. What's important is the technology makes it fun and easy for
subscribers to get and use mobile services," said Zylka. "We've formed
alliances with operators to build communities of download enthusiasts.
When that happens, we all see revenue - operators, content developers
and device makers."

In September 2002, Motorola acquired 4thpass, and the company became an
independently operated, wholly owned subsidiary of Motorola. The 4thpass
MAS mobile services software works with nearly all mobile devices,
including Smart phones and currently runs on GSM, CDMA and iDEN operator
networks.

"4thpass is a key component in our global strategy to deliver compelling
mobile experiences to operators," said Mike Bordelon, VP of Consumer
Experience & Software in Motorola's Personal Communications Sector
(PCS).  "4thpass is a strong business. The company is in tune with
operator needs, and with Ed's leadership we expect 4thpass to add even
more value to Motorola devices."

Zylka replaces Mazin Ramadan, the founding CEO of 4thpass. After
Motorola acquired 4thpass, Ramadan agreed to stay on board for a set
period of time, ensuring a smooth transition and no lost time in
software development advances for operators.

Zylka is uniquely positioned to lead 4thpass ( http://www.4thpass.com ).
He is General Manager of the Enterprise Solutions business group for the
Motorola Personal Communications Sector (PCS) driving the business
productivity market.  Previously at Motorola, he was Senior Director of
Strategy and Business Development for Motorola's Broadband
Communications Sector. While there he established the SURFboard(TM)
cable modem business, the worldwide market share leader for delivering
high-speed Internet access over cable TV networks.

    About 4thpass

4thpass ( http://www.4thpass.com ) is a Seattle-based company that
builds a suite of mobile services for wireless operators to drive data
traffic and run a profitable mobile services business. 4thpass software
allows operators to manage, market, deliver and profit from mobile
content. Operator services include Content Management and Merchandizing,
Digital Rights Management, Mobile Community Building and other revenue
generating components. 4thpass software is deployed worldwide including
at China Mobile, China Unicom, LG TeleCom (Korea), Telefonica Moviles
(Spain), Nextel (US) and T-Mobile USA. As of September 2002, 4thpass was
acquired by Motorola Inc. and became an independently operated, wholly
owned subsidiary of Motorola.

SOURCE Motorola, Inc.
Web Site: http://www.4thpass.com http://www.motorola.com

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/