Subject: [NEXTEL-1] CTIA: U.S. data growth jumps 70%

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 15:16:45 -0400

CTIA: U.S. data growth jumps 70%
October 15 13:35:00, 2003

WASHINGTON D.C.—Growth continues in the wireless industry, according to the
Cellular Telecommunications & Internet
Association’s newly released mid-year 2003 data survey results.

The survey showed data service revenues jumped 70 percent from the year-ago period
to reach $700 million for the first half of this year. U.S. carriers earned
service revenues of $41.1 billion in the first half of 2003, up 13 percent from
the first half of 2002. Minutes of use were up 30 percent, surpassing 380 million
for the first half of the year, and monthly short message service traffic was up
more than 31 percent, reaching more than 1.2 billion for June 2003 compared with
930 million for June 2002. In addition, digital subscribership reached 92 percent,
with 128.3 million digital subscribers.

Total wireless subscribership increased to 148.1 million. And wireless investments
were up more than 13 percent with carriers reporting $134 billion in total
cumulative capital investments for the first half of the year.

“The wireless industry is sending a clear message to Wall Street and to
policy-makers—wireless technology is still the best innovator in business today,
as it has been for the past 20 years,” said Tom Wheeler, CTIA’s president and
chief executive officer.
http://rcrnews.com/cgi-bin/news.pl?newsId=15488

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/