Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Intel Making Spectrum Moves

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 00:44:11 -0400

Notice of Oral Ex Parte Presentation
October 8, 2003

Ms. Marlene H. Dortch
Secretary
Federal Communications Commission
445 12th Street, S.W.
Washington, DC  20554

Re:  In the Matter of Amendment of Parts 1, 21, 73, 74 and 101 of the
Commission.s Rules to Facilitate the Provision of Fixed and Mobile Broadband
Access, Educational and Other Advanced Services in the 2150-2162 and 2500-2590 MHz
Bands, WT Docket No. 03-66 RM-10586;

Part 1 of the Commission.s Rules . Further Competitive Bidding Procedures, WT
Docket No. 03-67;
Amendment of Parts 21 and 74 to Enable Multipoint Distribution Service and the
Instructional Television Fixed Service Amendment of Parts 21 and 74 to Engage in
Fixed Two-Way Transmissions, MM Docket No. 97-217;

Amendment of Parts 21 and 74 of the Commission.s Rules With Regard to Licensing in
the Multipoint Distribution Service and in the Instructional Television Fixed
Service for the Gulf of Mexico, WT Docket No. 02-68 RM-9718 Dear Ms. Dortch:

On Wednesday, October 8, 2003, Peter Pitsch of Intel met with Erik Salovzzra of
the Wireless Bureau and Evan Kwerel of the Office of Strategic Policy regarding
the above referenced proceedings.  Mr. Pitsch discussed the potential benefit of
the industry.s proposal for reforming the MMDS and ITFS bands and how it might be
improved by applying the simultaneous exchange and other recommendations in OPP
Working Paper Number 38.  In particular, Mr. Pitsch discussed possible ways that
an auction of the unassigned ITFS spectrum could be structured to facilitate the
use of this spectrum for new wireless data services and at the same time meet the
needs of the ITFS community.  He recommended that the FCC not limit eligibility
for such an auction to ITFS eligibles.  Pursuant to Section 1.1206 of the
Commission's Rules, 47 C.F.R. § 1.1206, a copy of this submission is being
provided to Evan Kwerel. Please contact the undersigned with any questions in
connection with this filing.

Respectfully submitted,
  /s/ Peter K. Pitsch
Peter K. Pitsch
Intel Corporation
Director, Communications Policy
cc:
 Erik Salovzzra
 Evan Kwerel

 http://svartifoss2.fcc.gov/prod/ecfs/retrieve.cgi?native_or_pdf=pdf&id_document=6515283397