Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Call-for-Papers Breaking News

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2003 11:55:26 -0400

The ISART program has recently partnered with SAFECOM
<http://www.safecomprogram.gov> to host a paper session and tutorial
focusing on public safety communications.  These are titled:

   Tutorial - The State of Public Safety Communications

   Session  - Identification of a Viable Public Safety Communications
              Architecture

Anyone interested in submitting a paper for the public safety session
should contact Jeanne Ratzloff <[email-masked]> or Wayde Allen
<[email-masked]> as soon as possible.

Some of the conferences featured speakers are:

   David Farber, Professor of Telecommunications Systems, University of
   Pennsylvania, Former FCC Chief of Technology
   http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~farber/

   Dr. Preston Marshall, Program Manager, Advanced Technology Office,
   Defense Advanced Research Project Agency (DARPA)

   Dr. Jens Zander, Royal Institute of Technology (KTH), Stockholm, Sweden   
   http://www.s3.kth.se/~jensz/

- Wayde
  ([email-masked])
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

                      INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM
                                ON
                    ADVANCED RADIO TECHNOLOGIES
                           (ISART 2004)

                         MARCH 2-4, 2004
                           Boulder, CO

                          CALL FOR PAPERS
                    ===========================

The ISART technical program committee is soliciting papers describing
geolocation methods, new radio technologies, analysis, and innovation of
business, economic, and policy concepts. Areas of interest include, but
are not limited to: 

	- GEOLOCATION: Advances in radio navigation, localization,
	  direction finding, Internet localization, and cellular and WLAN
	  user tracking
 
	- LOCATION-BASED SERVICES: Privacy, anonymity, policy, business
	  models, applications, E-911, public safety, security
 
	- ELECTROMAGNETICS: propagation, antennas, direction finding,
	  RF-front ends
 
	- RADIOS: software defined radios, cognitive radios, RF software, 
	  spectrally efficient systems
 
	- SPECTRUM: usage, policy, management, regulation, economics, 
	  cooperative usage mechanisms

	- TELECOMMUNICATIONS DEVELOPMENT:  improving digital access, wireless
          broadband deployment, alternative communication networking in
          developing countries, impact on economy

	- WIRELESS NETWORKS: scaling to large networks, ad hoc networks,
	  Internet over wireless, convergence of WLANs and 3G, 4G 

Students are especially encouraged to submit their work. 

IMPORTANT DATES:

	Oct, 10, 03 - Deadline for submission of paper abstract.
	Nov. 12, 03 - Notification of acceptance to authors.
	Jan. 30, 04 - Deadline for submission of final paper. 

CALL FOR PAPERS FORMAT:

	- Maximum 3000 words.
	- Indicate the contact author with an e-mail address.
	- Indicate the topic area from the above list. 

The paper should summarize research results and not be a proposal for
research since very little time is available between the acceptance
notification and the final paper submission. The final paper will be 6
pages, double column, 10pt text (maximum 3000 words). 

HOW TO SUBMIT: Submit all materials to Jeanne Ratzloff at the address
below. All submissions should be electronic. Authors will be notified of
receipt of submission via e-mail. If you do not receive notification
contact Jeanne.

	Jeanne Ratzloff
	DOC/NTIA/ITS.M
	325 Broadway
	Boulder, CO 80305-3328
	Tel: 303-497-3330
	Fax: 303-497-5323

	e-mail: [email-masked]

MORE INFORMATION:  http://www.its.bldrdoc.gov/meetings/art/index.php

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/