Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Uh-oh... what'd I do to my nextel??

From: Evan Platt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 09:25:00 -0700

Well, let me first state we're no longer a dealer. Didn't hit our
numbers.  :(

I found a SIM card I thought was a Nextel sim - apparently not. I put it
in my i85. Phone says "Enter Special Code Now:" - ok, I tried 000000 -
however it didn't give me the OK until I put in 8 0's. Hit OK. Incorrect
password. Power phone off. This morning, I put my sim back in. phone now
says "Please Wait to Enter Special Code". It's said that for about 3
minutes now. - ok just switched to Enter Special Code Now:. 

Any idea what this is?

Thanks. :)

Evan 

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Rent DVDs Online - Over 14,500 titles.
No Late Fees & Free Shipping.
Try Netflix for FREE!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Tq9otC/XP.FAA/3jkFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: "Bulldog" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 13:02:35 -0000

If you errantly enter the special code three times the phone will 
lock itself out completely.

Customer Care may be able to help you or read your phone with RSS and 
post the codeplug in Subscriber Support area at www.enyo.net and I'll 
generate the code for you.

The lock is to deter people from unlocking boost phones. ~Dawg

---

From: Evan Platt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 10:49:35 -0700

> The lock is to deter people from unlocking boost phones. ~Dawg

I'm familiar with the NORMAL password, however this 'message' appears
different than the normal message I see. 

Odd - turned on the phone this morning, it works fine. The SIM was I
believe a t-mobile SIM.

Odd...

Evan

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->