Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Info-Cop Teams with Sierra Wireless to Bring Next Generation Wireless Communications to Public Safety Departments

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 16:39:28 -0400

Oct 1, 2003

Info-Cop Teams with Sierra Wireless to Bring Next Generation Wireless
Communications to Public Safety Departments

News Release

Newark, N.J. -- Info-Cop announced today its combined effort with Sierra Wireless
(NASDAQ: SWIR - TSX: SW) to bring next generation wireless capabilities to law
enforcement and public safety offices in the state of New Jersey. Currently, 15
agencies throughout the state are using the Info-Cop software in conjunction with
the AirCard“ 555, a wireless PC Card from Sierra Wireless operating on the Verizon
Wireless Express Network™. This wireless solution will instantly provide officers
in the field with direct, wireless access to motor vehicle and warrant
information, as well as photo images in real time.

Successful implementations are positive news for a public safety industry
concerned with the transition from cellular digital packet data (CDPD) wireless
networks to faster and more reliable next generation CDMA2000 1X wireless
networks. New Jersey agencies using Info-Cop software and the Sierra Wireless
AirCard 555 can seamlessly transition to the next generation network without
compromising the viability of their legacy communications systems because Info-Cop
supports all popular public and private wireless networks.

Beyond bridging the conversion gap between legacy and next generation wireless
systems, Info-Cop automates outdated query processes to instantly gather
background information. Using Info-Cop, officers have real-time access to local,
state and federal crime databases that were traditionally accessed only after
several minutes of correspondence with a dispatcher. The combination of powerful
software and reliable, high-speed access to information over next generation
wireless networks, enables officers to reduce risk in potentially dangerous
situations and spend more time on the “street” rather than on the radio or behind
a console awaiting information.

“Providing our officers with the tools they need to do their job and keep
themselves and our communities safe has always been a top priority,” said Peter
Lutz, MIS director at the Newark Police Department. “Info-Cop’s ease of use, high
performance, platform-agnostic design and minimal training time make it a perfect
solution for us. By rapidly exchanging in-depth information with wide area
technology via the AirCard 555 over the Verizon Wireless Express Network, we have
armed our officers with high speed technology to fight crime faster and safer than
ever before.”

“The successful implementation in New Jersey clearly demonstrates this solution
can make a difference in public safety departments throughout the country,” said
Rich Picolli, founder and CEO of Info-Cop. “Regardless of size, agencies
nationwide must find a solution that bridges the gap between legacy CDPD networks
and today’s high-speed next generation networks. Info-Cop not only provides this
link, but goes beyond by developing an automated method to instantly tap into
valuable police databases while in the field.”

As the number of Info-Cop subscribers grows, the system's usefulness increases,
because Info-Cop allows users to access and create real-time records for other
Info-Cop subscribers to view. That immediate access to federal, state and local
databases empowers officers to assess situations more quickly and accurately and
to act accordingly. Info-Cop also improves officer and public safety by enabling
real-time tracking and sharing of any summons or warnings issued on the Info-Cop
system.
“High-speed wireless technology is playing an integral part in today’s law
enforcement environment through enhanced field communication and officer safety,”
said Jason Cohenour, Senior Vice President, Worldwide Sales for Sierra Wireless.
“Working with our partners, we are proud to offer our public safety customers a
wide selection of wireless data products that provide officers with fast, wireless
access to mission critical information. With complete wireless solutions, officers
on the street can stay connected, improve efficiencies and help save lives.”

About the size of a credit card, the Sierra Wireless AirCard 555 is a Wireless
Wide Area Network (WWAN) card that utilizes CDMA2000 1X technology. The AirCard
555, combined with a handheld device such as a police cruiser-mounted laptop or
PDA (Personal Digital Assistant), provides users with a fast wireless connection
and high performance while accessing vital information in the field.

About Info-Cop

Info-Cop was created by a team of professionals in 2001 and has been quickly and
successfully deployed by more than 150 law enforcement and emergency response
agencies. To view sample software visuals, visit www.info-cop.com.

About Sierra Wireless

Sierra Wireless, Inc. is a global leader in delivering highly differentiated
wireless solutions. Sierra Wireless develops and markets the AirCard®, a wireless
PC Card for portable computers, OEM modules for embedded applications, and rugged
vehicle-mounted wireless systems. Sierra Wireless is the founding member of the
WirelessReady® Alliance, a partnership of industry-leading hardware, software, and
service companies committed to the delivery of complete and compelling wireless
data solutions. For more information on Sierra Wireless, please visit its web site
at www.sierrawireless.com.
"AirCard" and "WirelessReady" are registered trademarks of Sierra Wireless, Inc.
All other trademarks or service marks in this news release are the trademarks or
service marks of their respective owners.
# # #

CONTACT:
James Clark
303-440-7161
[email-masked]

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/