Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Troubleshoot 3G Networks

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 04:13:41 -0500

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/Oct2003/5998.htm

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

<script src="http://scripts.cgispy.com/randombanner/javarbanner.cgi?user=3Gtelecoms" language="JavaScript">
</script>

3G
HOME ssAdvertising
and Sponsorship ssFREE
Daily 3G Newsletter

ALL
TODAY'S PRESS RELEASES SEE BELOW

Troubleshoot
3G Networks

28th October 2003

US:
Tektronix announced the latest addition to its industry leading base station
field test tool. The new feature enables over-the-air (OTA) analysis measurements
for Wideband Code Division Multiple Access (W-CDMA) via the most flexible
toolbox on the market.

Third-generation
(3G) mobile communications networks require significantly more Node-Bs
(base stations) than second-generation (2G) networks. As such, field technicians
must be able to "scan" multiple neighboring base stations for
interference that may affect network performance. Tektronix' NetTek(R)
Field Tool is the market leading handheld instrument used for base station
troubleshooting, and today adds the W-CDMA Scrambling Code Analyzer, Option
WS1, to enable OTA measurements for quick identification of problems in
3G networks.

"With
W-CDMA networks beginning to go live around the globe, network operators
must be equipped to provide the best possible quality of service to their
customers without increasing the cost of operation," said Mark Kulper,
General Manager, Wireless Field Test, Tektronix. "By adding the scrambling
code analysis capability to the NetTek field tool, Tektronix is enabling
operators to effectively install and maintain their 3G networks."

Scrambling
Code Analysis Critical in 3G Networks

Each
sector within a W-CDMA Node-B uses a different scrambling code, and technicians
need to be able to identify and "source" these codes as a first
step to locate any interference problem. With the NetTek's new Scrambling
Code Analyzer, technicians can quickly identify different scrambling codes,
analyze power levels and determine the relative strength of network signals.
As such, maintenance technicians can easily evaluate co-channel interference
and any changes from neighboring base stations. In the case of installation,
the Scrambling Code Analyzer can determine the effect of making changes
to, or adding, a base station to their network.

With
Tektronix' NetTek field tool, which is recognized for its flexibility,
light weight and modularity, technicians can easily walk about the base
station and perform "pollution" analysis -- including power
levels of the potentially interfering base station -- enabling the technician
to detect the approximate direction from which the interfering pilot signals
are coming and address any network interference immediately.

About
The NetTek Field Tool

The
NetTek BTS field tool is a rugged portable platform with multi- standard
measurement capability. The NetTek fills the gap between expensive, full-compliance
testing tools and low-cost instruments designed to perform only one measurement.
The instrument's modular architecture supports a range of BTS transmitter
measurements for standards including UMTS/W-CDMA, cdmaOne (IS-95), cdma2000,
cdma2000 1x EV-DO, GSM and IS-136. The instrument's Windows-based user
interface simplifies operation in the field. The compact battery-powered
tool, which weighs just over 12 lbs (4 kg), is to transport to remote
sites. In addition, the NetTek platform is unique in the industry by virtue
of its ability to address antenna, backhaul (T1) and RF test requirements.

NEC
e606 Phone Review
: Read
MORE

Free
3G Phones

TODAY'S
PRESS RELEASES

3G
Phones To Use Sony FeliCa IC Chip

The
joint venture will develop the technology for a new IC chip, tentatively
named 'mobile FeliCa IC', that will integrate mobile phones with the FeliCa
technology.

3G
1x EV-DO Launch

KDDI
announced the nationwide launch of CDMA 1X WIN, a new 3G service that enables
high speed data communications of up to 2.4Mbps.

Wireless
LAN Roaming with 2.5G and 3G

Wireless
LAN (WLAN) solution provider IPone that they have conducted Wireless LAN
roaming with commercial cellular networks for 2.5G and 3G.

Java
For Sony Ericcson Phones

LineFusion
announced the launch of the latest Java Mobile IM on Sony Ericsson Z600
and T610 mobile phones.

Advanced
3G Messaging Services

The
newly introduced video call completion and videomail functionality of LogicaCMG's
uOne™ will provide subscribers with functions to record, deposit,
retrieve and play video calls.

Troubleshoot
3G Networks

The
new feature enables over-the-air (OTA) analysis measurements for Wideband
Code Division Multiple Access (W-CDMA) via the most flexible toolbox on
the market.

3G
Home

3G
Forum

Subscribe
To Newsletter

3G
Press Releases

3G
Phone Zone

3G
Fun Zone

3G
New Launches

3G
Events

3G
Reports

3G
Directory

Advertise

All
Material Subject to Copyright. All logos, graphics and trademarks are the
property of their respective owners.