Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Carolina Man Uses Cell Phone to Alert Dispatchers of Downed Plane

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 15:07:39 -0500

Carolina Man Uses Cell Phone to Alert Dispatchers of Downed Plane
On Sunday, a South Carolina man used his cell phone to alert authorities of a
downed plane in eastern North Carolina. By describing the nearby TV tower to
the dispatchers, the wireless device helped search crews find the pilot of the
downed plane. The incident displays just another way cell phones play an
important role in emergency situations.

=================================================================================

Cell Phone Helps Locate Downed Plane
POSTED: 12:34 p.m. EST October 27, 2003
UPDATED: 12:37 p.m. EST October 27, 2003

JONES COUNTY, N.C. -- A cell phone helped search crews find the pilot of a downed
plane in eastern North Carolina Sunday.  Crews searched six counties before they
found the pilot in Jones County.  Tony Hendricks of Horry County South Carolina
described a nearby TV tower to dispatchers until they recognized his location.
The FAA is expected to arrive Monday to investigate the crash.

http://www.theindychannel.com/technology/2584387/detail.html

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/