Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Mexican Foundation Installs RFID Chip In Kids.

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2003 19:26:28 -0400

Mexican Foundation Installs RFID Chip In Kids.
Solusat, Exclusive Distributor of VeriChip for
Mexico, Signs Cooperation Agreement with
Mexico's National Foundation for the
Investigation of Lost and Kidnapped Children
Wednesday October 1, 9:20 am ET

VeriKid(TM) Program Launched as Part of Emergency Child
Identification and Safeguard Initiative - VeriChip Corporation
Donates 25 Subdermal RFID Verichips to National Foundation
to Kick off Program in Mexico

PALM BEACH, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Oct. 1, 2003-- Applied Digital Solutions, Inc.
(Nasdaq: ADSX - News), an advanced technology development company, announced today
that Solusat, the Company's exclusive distributor of VeriChip(TM) products and
services in Mexico, has signed a cooperation agreement with Mexico's National
Foundation for the Investigation of Lost and Kidnapped Children (Fundacion
Nacional de Investigaciones de Ninos Robados y Desaparecidos).

As part of this initiative, Solusat is
launching a new VeriKid(TM)
program to provide an emergency
identification component to the
overall child safeguard effort in
Mexico.

VeriChip Corporation, Applied
Digital Solutions' wholly owned
subsidiary, is signaling its strong
support for this initiative by donating
25 VeriChips to the National
Foundation to assist in kicking off
this exciting child safeguard
program in Mexico.

About the size of a grain of rice,
VeriChip is the world's first
subdermal, radio frequency identification
(RFID) microchip that can be used in a variety
of security, financial, emergency identification
and other applications.

The cooperation agreement means that Solusat and the National Foundation will work
together on a range of child-safeguard projects in Mexico. With the launch of
VeriKid, Mexico becomes the first country in the world to offer VeriChip's new
VeriKid system designed to provide a secure emergency identification system for
lost, missing and kidnapped children. It is expected that the VeriKid application
will soon become available in other countries, including the United States, after
its introduction in Mexico.

According to the National Foundation, approximately 133,000 Mexican children
disappeared over the last five years for reasons ranging from abduction, illegal
organ trafficking and family problems. Roughly one thousand of these children are
estimated to be victims of kidnapping.

Solusat will work with the National Foundation to develop a program for the
distribution of VeriChip scanners to police stations, hospitals and other
strategic locations to help with the emergency child identification initiative.
The following projects are envisioned by Solusat as it works in coordination with
the National Foundation:
A program to promote VeriKid safeguard solutions in schools;

A community-based control and security program involving supermarkets, airports,
bus stations and other entities that would connect with the VeriKid program;

A fundraising program to generate financial support for the National Foundation's
various projects to safeguard children in Mexico. It is also expected that Solusat
will contribute a certain percentage of VeriKid sales in Mexico to the Foundation.

About the National Foundation for the Investigation of Lost and Kidnapped Children

Founded in 1997, the National Foundation is a private, non-profit organization
that
works closely with Mexican police and other government agencies to locate missing
children, provide family assistance, and establish child-safety-related
educational and
other preventive programs in schools throughout Mexico. For more information about

the Foundation, visit www.ninosrobadosyexplotados.org.mx/index.htm

About SOLUSAT

Soluciones de Localizacion Satelital, S. de R.L. de C.V. (SOLUSAT), founded in
October 2002, is the exclusive marketer and distributor for VeriChip products and
services in Mexico. In July 2003, Solusat launched SOLUSAT MEDICA, a special
division designed to promote the many healthcare-related applications of VeriChip
in Mexico. Antonio Aceves, Director General of SOLUSAT, can be reached by
telephone (52 55 5239-5494). For more information about SOLUSAT and SOLUSAT
MEDICA, email questions to [email-masked] or visit www.solusat.com.mx.

About VeriChip(TM)

VeriChip is a subdermal, radio frequency identification (RFID) device that can be
used in a variety of security, financial, emergency identification and other
applications. About the size of a grain of rice, each VeriChip product contains a
unique verification number that is captured by briefly passing a proprietary
scanner over the VeriChip. The standard location of the microchip is in the
triceps area between the elbow and the shoulder of the right arm. The brief
outpatient "chipping" procedure lasts just a few minutes and involves only local
anesthetic followed by quick, painless insertion of the VeriChip. Once inserted
just under the skin, the VeriChip is inconspicuous to the naked eye. A small
amount of radio frequency energy passes from the scanner energizing the dormant
VeriChip, which then emits a radio frequency signal transmitting the verification
number. In October 2002, the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) ruled that
VeriChip is not a regulated device with regard to its security, financial,
personal identification/safety applications but that VeriChip's healthcare
information applications are regulated by the FDA. VeriChip Corporation is a
wholly owned subsidiary of Applied Digital Solutions (Nasdaq: ADSX - News). For
more information about VeriChip, visit www.adsx.com.

About Applied Digital Solutions, Inc.

Applied Digital Solutions is an advanced technology development company that
focuses on a range of life-enhancing, personal safeguard technologies, early
warning alert systems, miniaturized power sources and security monitoring systems
combined with the comprehensive data management services required to support them.
Through its Advanced Technology Group, the Company specializes in security-related
data collection, value-added data intelligence and complex data delivery systems
for a wide variety of end users including commercial operations, government
agencies and consumers. Applied Digital Solutions owns a majority position in
Digital Angel Corporation (AMEX: DOC - News). For more information, visit the
Company's website at http://www.adsx.com.

Statements about the Company's future expectations, including future revenues and
earnings, and all other statements in this press release other than historical
facts are 'forward-looking statements' within the meaning of Section 27A of the
Securities Act of 1933, Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, and as
that term is defined in the Private Litigation Reform Act of 1995. The Company
intends that such forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties and
are subject to change at any time, and the Company's actual results could differ
materially from expected results. The Company undertakes no obligation to update
forward-looking statements to reflect subsequently occurring events or
circumstances.

Contact:
Investor Contact
Ken Sgro
CEOcast, Inc.
212-732-4300
[email-masked]
or
Matthew Cossolotto
Ovations International, Inc.
914-245-9721
[email-masked]

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/031001/15410_1.html
--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 04 Oct 2003 21:30:16 -0400

I thought it was a little over the edge.
How would you know to scan the kid for an RFID chip anyway?
Just because they are  Mexican?

giselle beiguelman wrote:

> this is amazing.
> it is a kind of minority report remix and points to a  strange situation
> where everybody is something like a  mobile echelon...

>
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "Anthony Townsend" <[email-masked]>
> Sent: Saturday, October 04, 2003 8:15 PM
> Subject: Re: Mexican Foundation Installs RFID Chip In Kids.
>
> > Is this for real?
> >
> > Has anyone reported on this announcement?
> >
> > On Friday, October 3, 2003, at 07:26 pm, [email-masked] wrote:
> >