Subject: Re: [NEXTEL-1] Possible cure for lost text messagesduetobottleneck?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 13:54:08 -0400

There was a web article at http://www.tl.gov.tw/forum/in/its0196.htm (not
sure whether it is still up)
about network traffic and VLRs called:

Network Traffic Analysis of Global System for Mobile Communications

Jyhi-Kong Wey1 and Wei-Pang Yang2

1. Network Planning Lab., Chunghwa Telecom. Labs., Ministry of
Transportation and Communications

2. Institute of Computer and Information Science, National Chiao Tung
University, Hsinchu, 300, Taiwan, R.O.C.

Worth a read. If you can't get the webpage let me know and I can sent the
html but without GIFs/JPGs.
Cheers

-------------Forwarded Message-----------------

From:   INTERNET:[email-masked],
INTERNET:[email-masked]
To:     [unknown], INTERNET:[email-masked]

RE:     Re: [NEXTEL-1] Possible cure for lost text messagesduetobottleneck?

> The same effect can occur where a VLR crashes, until back up tapes have
> been
> installed to get operational again whilst attempting to solve the issue
of
> VLR crash
> in first place.

That's what I thought. I was once trapped in VLR Hell with Nextel. My HLR
was in
Va, I was on the move in TN and needed to activate a second and third NAM.
My
network ID was S@#$ up so the phone would act crazy. I corrected the ID and
had to
do a "Master Reset" from my HLR area  in Va.
Lucky for me I had to fly back on other businees otherwise I would have
some
serious issues. Nextel has since fixed most of those issues and subscribers
don't
get caught in VLR Hell any more.

>
> Thanks - I'll do a search, first. If no luck then may be  I could take up
> your offer for a
> back copy off your CD.
> Cheers

Roger dat!

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2003 14:07:10 -0400

Thx-

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG