Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Court Upholds Key Component of Powell Digital Transition Plan

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 09:44:27 -0500

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE    NEWS MEDIA CONTACT
October 28, 2003                 David Fiske 202-418-0513
Richard Diamond 202-418-0506

Court Upholds Key Component of Powell Digital Transition Plan

The U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit denied a
petition for review of the Federal Communication Commission’s tuner
order in a 20-page ruling issued today.  FCC Chairman Michael K. Powell
issued the following statement:

“We’re on track to have most television sets digital-ready by 2007.
This will ensure that consumers are able to enjoy high-quality digital
broadcast programming without the hassle and expense of hooking up a
separate set-top box.  We’re pleased that the court has upheld a key
component of our digital television transition plan.”

– FCC  –

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/