Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Speak Out For Better Cell Phone Service

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2004 14:43:26 -0500

Speak Out For Better Cell Phone Service

Tired of shouting to be heard on your cell phone?  Raise your voice in action
instead.
Join us in telling cell phone carriers that we want:

Better information about where your cell phone will work before buying a service
plan.  Pro-rated early contract termination charges - consumers shouldn't have
to pay the full fee near the end of a contract, which often ranges from $175 to
$200 per phone.  A prohibition on companies "locking down" cell phones so they
cannot be used on other carriers' networks.
ACT NOW -- Demand Better Cell Phone Service

1.Complete the form on the left with your information.

2.Add your cell phone company name in the subject line and any other information
you feel necessary to the message on the right.

3.Click the "Send Your Message" button and Consumers Union will deliver your
letter to your carrier and telecommunications regulators.

===================================================================
I am writing to let you know that I am dissatisfied with your service for the
following reasons:
· Too much static and too many dropped calls, despite your claims of excellent
call quality.
· Unrealistic claims about your coverage-your maps should better match your
service.
· Very high early cancellation fees on extremely long term contracts that trap
me into your service.
· No risk-free test period of at least 30 days or through the first bill to
allow me to try out your network and ensure I am charged as advertised.

Some companies are even "locking up" handsets to prevent consumers from using
their phones when they switch carriers.
It makes me wonder what you're so afraid of - a little competition?
I'll support any new policy initiatives that will make the cell phone market
more competitive, such as:
· Better information about where a cell phone will work before I buy a service
plan.
· Pro-rated early contract termination charges - consumers shouldn't have to pay
the full fee near the end of a contract, which often  ranges from $175 to $200
per phone.
· A prohibition on companies "locking down" cell phones so they cannot be used
on other carriers' networks.

I'm happy to listen if you would like to discuss any of these issues with me.
p.s. I'm forwarding a copy of this letter to the Federal Communications
Commission

https://secure2.convio.net/cu/site/Advocacy?id=119&page=UserAction&JServSessionIdr006=57t0vhgj91.app14b

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Yahoo! Groups Links

To visit your group on the web, go to:
 http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
 [email-masked]

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
 http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/