Subject: [NEXTEL-1] emergency phone calls

From: "sick1man2002" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2004 20:31:28 -0000

i have a old uniden prepaid cell phone model pcd2000a
they went digital from analog service. my question can a cell phone
still dial 911 only, even if the service is outdated. for emergency
use only.

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

To visit your group on the web, go to:
 http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
 [email-masked]

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
 http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: Ken Steinhoff <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2004 17:23:33 -0500

>still dial 911 only, even if the service is outdated. for emergency

Most every phone has the capability to dial 9-1-1 even if you aren't
paying for service. Back in the days when we used Nextel for
radio-only, we told our folks that they could use them for 9-1-1 and I
called EMS dispatch on one of them to confirm it.

On another occasion, we had to take the phone switch down. I made
non-service radios available for 9-1-1 calls to several departments in
the building.

I won't say that it'll work with every phone and every place, but it's
worth a try.

 

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Yahoo! Groups Links