Subject: [NEXTEL-1] 2 news articles

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 07:54:19 -0500 (EST)

Anybody know if radio problems played a role in these incidents?

SUICIDE plan may have led to shooting of 2 officers AL.com, AL ... The
caller asked the dispatcher to send out FBI agents. When none responded,
he called back and asked the dispatcher to send police officers. ... 
<http://www.al.com/news/huntsvilletimes/index.ssf?/base/news/1073211505212620.xml>
(only static was heard on the radio after the first officer arrived, and
before the 2nd officer was killed)

REACH crew never explained turnaround
Santa Rosa Press Democrat, CA 
... that the CDF station received no further communication from the
flight crew after 7:31 pm, the time of the last transmission between the
crew and a dispatcher ... 
<http://www.pressdemocrat.com/local/news/04copter_b1empireb.html>

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

To visit your group on the web, go to:
 http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
 [email-masked]

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
 http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/