Subject: [NEXTEL-1] GPS / AVL

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2004 13:25:44 -0500

-------- Original Message --------
From: "Larry Norman" <[email-masked]>
Subject: GPS / AVL

I have an application for 20 AVL units in a county wide area of
operation. I need simple location on demand information without any
telemetry type functions.

I would like some input on the advantages and disadvantages of satellite
applications, cellular applications, typical recurring costs, and
experience with tracking service providers and equipment manufacturers.

I would also like advice from people who have added AVL to an existing
two-way radio system; equipment options, software options, etc.

Thanks,

Larry Norman
Pike Electric
Mount Airy, NC

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Yahoo! Groups Links

To visit your group on the web, go to:
 http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
 [email-masked]

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
 http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/