Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Wireless Hacking at Burger King

From: sparkie_rf <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2004 23:18:30 -0000

This is kinda funny, and we can only expect more of this.
------------------
Burger King customers told: 'You are too fat to have a Whopper'

Police believe teenage pranksters are hacking into the wireless 
frequency of a US Burger King drive-through speaker to tell 
potential customers they are too fat for fast food.

Policeman Gerry Scherlink said the pranksters told one customer who 
had just placed an order: "You don't need a couple of Whoppers. You 
are too fat. Pull ahead."

The offenders are reportedly tapping into the wireless frequency at 
the restaurant in Troy, Michigan. Police believe the culprits are 
watching and broadcasting from close range.

Officer Scherlinck said the men are telling customers who order a 
Coca-Cola that, "We don't have Coke." And when the customer asks 
what they do have, the hacker would say: "We don't have anything. 
Pull ahead."

But what has managers concerned is the profanity the hackers are 
using, according to police.

A drive-through customer has told police if he had children with him 
in the car and someone used profanity, he would have been upset.

Burger King franchise owner Tony Versace issued the following 
statement in response to the incidents: "We apologise to our 
customers who've been insulted by the use of this drive-through 
speaker."

Management at the fast-food restaurant are reportedly trying to 
change the radio frequency used for the speakers, reports Local 4.

Story filed: 09:37 Friday 9th January 2004

see: http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_853744.html?
menu=news.latestheadlines

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

To visit your group on the web, go to:
 http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
 [email-masked]

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
 http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/