Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Trimble to Acquire TracerNet to Expand Fleet Management Market Presence

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 14:09:32 -0500

Trimble to Acquire TracerNet to Expand Fleet Management Market Presence

ORLANDO, Fla., Feb. 17 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Trimble (Nasdaq: TRMB)
announced today that it has agreed to acquire privately-held TracerNet
Corporation of Chantilly, Virginia, a provider of wireless fleet
management solutions, in an all cash transaction. Terms were not
disclosed. Completion of the transaction, anticipated in March, is
subject to the usual and customary closing conditions.

As part of the acquisition, TracerNet and Trimble's Mobile Solutions
Division will be consolidated under a new legal entity, Trimble Mobile
Solutions, Inc., which will operate as a wholly owned subsidiary of
Trimble.  "With this acquisition, we will focus on integrating the best
features from each company to offer more diverse and complete fleet
management solutions," said Steven W. Berglund, president and CEO of
Trimble.  "TracerNet's strength lies in its ability to deeply integrate
fleet information with enterprise software applications, and Trimble
intends to leverage this competency beyond construction to allow us to
serve large enterprise fleets. This combination shows our commitment to
the fleet management market and it allows us to more quickly build scale
as we head towards profitability in this segment."

The announcement was made today at the World of Concrete, the industry's
largest annual commercial construction show.
Trimble Mobile Solutions Division

Trimble's Mobile Solutions Division offers complete solutions for mobile
resource management (MRM), which include location-aware mobile devices,
software, wireless communications and Internet location-based services.
The division focuses on advanced wireless applications for fleet and
workforce management, including construction, waste management, service,
utility, and enterprise vehicles.

About Trimble
Trimble is a leading innovator of Global Positioning System (GPS)
technology. In addition to providing advanced GPS components, Trimble
augments GPS with other positioning technologies as well as wireless
communications and software to create complete customer solutions.
Trimble's worldwide presence and unique capabilities position the
Company for growth in emerging applications including surveying,
automobile navigation, machine guidance, asset tracking, wireless
platforms, and telecommunications infrastructure.  Founded in 1978 and
headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif., Trimble has more than 2,000
employees in more than 20 countries worldwide.  For an interactive look
at company news and products, visit Trimble's Web site at
http://www.trimble.com .

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/