Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Ericsson Intros 450 MHz CDMA2000 Offering (Private Wireless Watch-Out)

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 19:08:55 -0500

Ericsson Intros 450 MHz CDMA2000 Offering (Private Wireless Watch-Out)
BY SUSAN RUSH
FEBRUARY 18, 2004

Ericsson unveiled its 450 MHz CDMA2000 offering designed to support 1X,
1XEV-DO and 1XEV-DV services.

The solution, according to the Swedish vendor, is ideal for rural
networks and for
operators looking for cost-effective coverage options.

Earlier this month, Ericsson unveiled Expander, which is geared toward
emerging
CDMA2000 and GSM/EDGE markets worldwide, including areas of Europe,
Asia-Pacific and Latin America. Ericsson believes Expander will enable
operators
to grow their subscriber base cost-effectively by reducing the number of
radio
sites needed. Ericsson says the 450 MHz CDMA2000 solution is the next
step in
the Expander offering.

As they move to replace existing analog networks with CDMA200, more
operators
are looking to deploy 3G services at 450 MHz, and Ericsson says its 3G
solution
will enable the deployment of higher capacity services, including voice
and data
capabilities.

http://www.wirelessweek.com/index.asp?layout=document&doc_id=131197&verticalID=34&vertical=Business+and+Finance&industry=

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/