Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Industry's "Movers & Shakers" All At CTIA- FCC's Powell, Nextel's Timmy, VZ, Alltel, Moto, CISO, T-Mobile and more!

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 17:53:32 -0500

Total Wireless Package Offered in Keynote Sessions; CTIA

Announces Rousing Roster of Industry All Stars
Industry's "Movers & Shakers" All At CTIA- FCC's Powell,
Nextel's Timmy, VZ, Alltel, Moto, CISO, T-Mobile and more!

Source: Business Wire
Publication date: 2004-02-19

In the ever-revolutionary world of wireless, one thing remains the same
- CTIA WIRELESS is guaranteed to bring its audience 'up close and
personal' with the most spectacular assembly of industry executives and
visionaries on the planet. The keynote speakers at CTIA WIRELESS 2004,
March 22-24, in Atlanta, Georgia, are no exception - they are
exceptional, bringing a world of wireless wisdom to one lively stage, a
complete package of industry know-how.  "This year's keynote stage at
CTIA WIRELESS 2004 has something for everyone - from the intricacies of
wireless infrastructure to the glitz and glam of mobile entertainment,"
announced Steve Largent, President & CEO of the Cellular
Telecommunications & Internet Association (CTIA). "CTIA has an all-star
lineup to address the hottest topics in wireless. We kick off with the
foremost authorities on networks and innovation, then move onto advances
in wireless consumer products. We'll wrap up with a power roundtable of
wireless carriers discussing how far the industry has come in the past
year, and the challenges that lie ahead."
 Monday, March 22, 9:00 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. Thomas Murphy Ballroom

John Chambers, President and CEO, Cisco Systems
 Since January 1995, when he assumed this position, Mr. Chambers has
grown the company from $1.2 billion in annual revenues to its current
run-rate of approximately $18.9 billion. In the last year alone, Cisco
saved more than $2.1 billion due to productivity increases from Internet
business solutions and gained more market share than all of its
competitors combined. Widely recognized for his evangelistic style, Mr.
Chambers is considered one of the most innovative and dynamic leaders in
global business today.

 Scott McNealy, Chairman and CEO, Sun Microsystems, Inc.
 After taking the reins as CEO in 1984, Mr. McNealy has steered Sun to
growth and innovation. His vision and business acumen have made him one
of the most influential and widely quoted leaders in the complex, fluid,
and fast-moving IT industry. In fact, CBS's 60 Minutes called him "one
of the most influential businessmen in America." Throughout his career,
Mr.  McNealy has trained his focus on maintaining and growing Sun's
reputation as a constant innovator and strong competitor.

 Michael Powell, Chairman, Federal Communications Commission
 Mr. Powell first became a member of the Commission on November 3, 1997.
He was designated Chairman by President Bush on January 22, 2001. In
addition to his normal duties, Mr. Powell serves as the FCC's Defense
Chairman and is responsible for overseeing all National Security
Emergency Preparedness functions for the FCC.

Tuesday, March 23, 9:00 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. Thomas Murphy Ballroom
 Juno Cho, President, LG InfoComm

 In his position, Mr. Cho oversees all LG Mobile Phones North American
development, manufacturing and marketing efforts, as well as strategic
planning, carrier relationships and business development. Mr. Cho's
distinguished history with LG began in 1986 in Korea at LG Electronics.
Within ten years of starting with the company, he was promoted to Vice
President within the chairman's office, and in 1998 became the Vice
President for the LG Executive Office for Corporate Restructuring.
 Jay Samit, Senior Vice President, Sony Corporation of America

 As Senior Vice President, Sony Corporation of America (SCA), Mr.  Samit
is responsible for the development of new business models for the
company, with a particular focus on launching Sony Connect, Sony's
digital distribution service. As General Manager of this new company,
Mr.  Samit acts as liaison with other Sony companies in the development
of joint initiatives that fully capitalize on the depth and strength of
Sony's hardware and content.
 Russell Simmons, Chairman & CEO, Rush Communications, Co-founder
& Chairman, Def Jam Records

 Over the course of the last 25 years, Mr. Simmons helped bring hip-hop
to every facet of media and pop culture. He has done so in music with
the successful Def Jam Recordings, in television with HBO's The Def
Comedy Jam and Russell Simmons Presents Def Poetry, on Broadway with the
critically-acclaimed stage production Russell Simmons Def Poetry Jam on
Broadway, in the fashion industry with the red-hot Phat Farm and Baby
Phat clothing lines, in magazine publishing with One World Magazine, and
in the community with Rush Philanthropic Arts Foundation and the Hip-Hop
Summit Action Network.

 Edward Zander, Chairman & CEO, Motorola, Inc.

 Mr. Zander has over 25 years of experience in technology companies.  He
most recently was a managing director of Silver Lake Partners, a leading
private equity fund focused on investments in technology industries.
Prior to Silver Lake Partners, Mr. Zander was President and Chief
Operating Officer of Sun Microsystems, where during his tenure, he grew
Sun to $18 billion in revenues, established it as the number one company
in the server market, and built it to be a pre-eminent supplier of
network infrastructure.

 Wednesday, March 24, 9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. Thomas Murphy
Ballroom

 Timothy Donahue, President and CEO, Nextel Communications
 Mr. Donahue has served as President and Chief Executive Officer of
Nextel Communications since August 1999. Nextel has experienced
record-setting financial results under Mr. Donahue's impressive
leadership, with six straight quarters of positive net income. Since
becoming President and CEO of Nextel, he has helped build Nextel into a
Fortune 300 company, significantly reducing debt and more than tripling
the subscriber base.

 Scott Ford, President & CEO, ALLTEL

 Mr. Ford is responsible for the day-to-day operations of one of the
nation's leading telecommunications companies. Since he joined the
company as Executive Vice President in 1996, ALLTEL's customer base has
grown from 2.5 million to more than 12 million. During Mr. Ford's tenure
with the company, revenues have more than doubled from $3.1 billion to
$7.1 billion.
 Len Lauer, President and COO, Sprint Corporation
 In this position, Mr. Lauer has directed Sprint's transformation to a
customer-centric organization, focused on three primary market sectors -
business, consumer, and local telephone customers. In addition to his
role as President and COO, Mr. Lauer also serves as President of
Sprint's PCS Division, a role he has held since September 2002. Mr.
Lauer leads sales, marketing, and customer care operations for Sprint
PCS, the nation's first and largest all-digital, all-PCS nationwide,
personal communications services network.

 John Stanton, Chairman, T-Mobile USA
 An industry pioneer with over 20 years of experience in the U.S.
telecom industry, Mr. Stanton is seen as one of the industry's early
visionaries. Mr.  Stanton currently serves as Chairman of T-Mobile USA,
a member of the T-Mobile International group, the mobile
telecommunications subsidiary of Deutsche Telekom AG and Chairman and
Chief Executive Officer of Western Wireless Corporation.

 Denny Strigl, President and CEO, Verizon Wireless
 As President and CEO of Verizon Wireless, the largest wireless service
provider in the country, Mr. Strigl is widely recognized as one of the
most prominent architects of the wireless communications industry. His
experience provides a unique vantage point: from launching the nation's
first cellular telephone network and managing several of the largest
cellular mergers in the industry, to today leading one of the world's
preeminent wireless companies.

 CTIA WIRELESS 2004 is the world's largest wireless trade show. This
year, the show will take place at the Georgia World Congress Center in
Atlanta, Georgia, from March 22-24. Register now to network with
industry leaders, regulators, technologists and reporters at the one
place that draws the best of wireless - CTIA WIRELESS 2004. For more
information about CTIA WIRELESS 2004, including registration, travel and
housing, and session details, please visit our Web site at
www.ctiawireless2004.com.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/