Subject: [NEXTEL-1] REMEC Announces Software Defined Radio Forum Membership

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 20:56:29 -0500

REMEC Announces Software Defined Radio Forum Membership
Source: Business Wire
Publication date: 2004-02-18

REMEC Inc. (NASDAQ: REMC) today announced that it has joined the
Software Defined Radio (SDR) Forum to actively promote RF front-end
interoperability. REMEC is active in standards promotion by actively
participating in Open Base Station Architecture Initiative (OBSAI),
WiMAX,
Antenna Interface Standards Group (AISG) and Advanced Telecom
Computing Architecture (TCA).  "REMEC is committed to being at the
forefront of all wireless RF standards and we are pleased to contribute
our
industry expertise to the SDR Forum," said Jon Opalski, REMEC's
executive vice president, commercial operations. "We've seen first-hand
the impact of software defined radio in defense wireless applications
and
its growing adoption in the commercial wireless industry. Forums like
the
SDR encourage future developments and innovation within this industry."
The SDR Forum, established in 1996, is an international industry
association dedicated to promoting the development, deployment and use
of SDR technologies for advanced wireless systems in civil, commercial
and military sectors.  SDR can be defined as a collection of hardware
and software technologies that enable reconfigurable system
architectures
for wireless networks and terminal users. SDR provides an efficient and
comparatively inexpensive solution to the challenge of building
multi-mode,
multi-band, multifunctional wireless devices that can be adapted,
updated,
or enhanced through software upgrades.  In a report recently issued from

Frost & Sullivan (www.frost.com), SDR is forecast to be well positioned
to
dominate the European military communications market within the next
several years. In addition, regulatory bodies worldwide are examining
how
to manage spectrum more efficiently through the use of advanced wireless

technologies, such as SDR. Most recently, the U.S. Federal
Communications Commission -- which clearly views SDR as playing a key
role in this effort-issued a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking & Order
(12-17-03) that examines the authorization and use of Software Defined
Radios (ET Docket No. 00-47).

 About REMEC

 REMEC designs and manufactures microwave and millimeter wave
subsystems used in the transmission of voice, video and data traffic
over
wireless communications networks and provides advanced integrated
microwave subsystem solutions for defense and space electronics
applications. REMEC is located at 3790 Via de la Valle, Del Mar, CA
92014. For more information, visit the company's Web site at
http://www.remec.com or call 858-505-3713.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/