Subject: [NEXTEL-1] 800 MHz interference background information

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 16:22:30 -0500

-------- Original Message --------
From: Rodríguez Vargas Marco Vinicio <[email-masked]>
Subject: 800 MHz interference background information

Hello all people:

Here in Costa Rica we still don't have cellularized systems in the Trunking
band.  However, the problems you've had could happen here because we follow
the same FCC spectrum allocations for trunking and cellular A and B bands
(and TV, and almost everything else).

I would like to introduce our "Oficina de Control de Radio" (the spectrum
management authority in Costa Rica) to the potential problems of admitting
this type of systems in this band, now that the recently approved Central
American Free Trade Agreement proposes the opening of the cellular market in
our country.  Maybe this is the right spot to prevent this, since we have
three years before the opening.

My particular interest in this issue is that we operate a country-wide
SmartZone system for the Electric Utility, that also provides service to
several public safety agencies that are concerned about the interference
problems in the US.

¿Are there available any official or authoritative documents that describe
the problem in detail?
¿Would it be a good idea to seek a banishment of cellularized systems in the
trunking band?

TIA for your help.

Marco V. Rodríguez-Vargas

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: "Paul Holliday" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 16:38:02 -0500

just keep Nexhell off the Island & you will be OK.
----- Original Message ----- 
From: <[email-masked]>
To: "WFHSG" <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>
Sent: Thursday, February 12, 2004 4:22 PM
Subject: [NEXTEL-1] 800 MHz interference background information

> Marco V. Rodríguez-Vargas

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Send the freshest Valentine's flowers with a FREE vase from only $29.99!
Shipped direct from the grower with a 7 day freshness guarantee and prices so low you save 30-55% off retail!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/_iAw9B/xdlHAA/3jkFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

 
Yahoo! Groups Links