Subject: [NEXTEL-1] FCC'S RURAL SATELLITE FORUM TO BE BROADCAST NATIONWIDE BY RFD-TV

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 13:58:11 -0500

The Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) recent Rural Satellite
Forum, “Making the Rural Connection,” will be broadcast by RFD-TV in a
5-week series beginning Monday, March 1.  RFD-TV is a non-profit 24-hour
television network dedicated to serving the needs and interests of rural
America.

The forum, held at the FCC headquarters in Washington, DC on January
27,  was part of ongoing FCC efforts intended to explore various
technologies being used to serve the communications needs of rural
America.

RFD-TV will air the Forum over 5 consecutive weeks, with one-hour,
consisting of one complete session, aired each week in the RFD-TV
program schedule.  There will be 5 airings of each session, each week,
to viewers in all time zones.  All times are Eastern.

Rural Satellite Forum program schedule:

Session #1 – Opening Session and Satellite Overview - Monday, March 1 -
8pm-9pm, Tuesday, March 2 - 2am-3am, 8am-9am, 2pm-3pm, and Sunday, March
7 - 5pm-6pm.

Session #2 – Distance Learning and Telemedicine - Monday, March 8 -
8pm-9pm, followed by same time schedule on Tuesday March 9 through
Sunday March 14, as shown above.

Session #3 – Public Safety - Monday, March 15 - 8pm-9pm, followed by
same time schedule on Tuesday March 16 through Sunday March 21, as shown
above.

Session #4 – Farming and US Department of Agriculture Funding - Monday,
March 22 - 8pm-9pm, followed by same time schedule for Tuesday March 23
through Sunday March 28, as shown above.

Final Session – Information, Internet and Mass Media Entertainment -
Monday March 29, 8pm-9pm, followed by same time schedule for Tuesday
March 30 through Sunday April 4, as shown above.

For more information on the sessions covered by each broadcast, review
the Rural Satellite Forum agenda at:
http://www.fcc.gov/cgb/rural/ruralforum.html#agenda

RFD-TV is on DISH Network channel 9409, DIRECTV channel 379 (with their
Multi-Sat dish), Mediacom cable channel 78, and numerous NCTC rural
cable systems.  RFD-TV uplinks its signal on G-13, transponder 18, for
C-band users.  More information about RFD-TV may be obtained at:
http://www.rfd-tv.com/start3.html

The forum featured satellite-based communications systems serving rural
areas of the United States.  It included four panels of experts and
providers as well as demonstrations and exhibits.  The event highlighted
specific consumer applications:

               o       Education and Telemedicine;
               o       Public Safety;
               o       Farming and USDA Funding; and
               o       Internet and Mass Media Entertainment.

In addition to the broadcast of the Rural Satellite Forum by RFD-TV,
streaming video of the Forum is also available from the FCC Web site at
http://www.fcc.gov/realaudio/publicforums.html

For information on other FCC activities intended to ensure that
consumers in rural areas have access to basic telecommunication
services, and to encourage the deployment of advanced telecommunication
services in rural communities, visit http://www.fcc.gov/cgb/rural/