Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Pritchett urges board to revisit so. tower

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 19:37:55 -0500

Alpharetta, GA 
Sunday, February 15, 2004
Pritchett urges board to revisit so. tower
By NANCY SMALLWOOD

2/11/2004
Email to Friend
By NANCY SMALLWOOD
[email-masked]

Commissioner A.J. Pritchett said he hopes to convince other commissioners to
rescind the approval of three communication
tower sites at the next commissioner meeting to be held on Feb. 9. In a recent
phone interview, Pritchett said he plans to meet
with Motorola consultants to discuss other possibilities for the towers.

Commissioners voted 4-1 on Jan. 12 to approve the new public safety
communication system towers to be located on Sawnee Mountain, Molly View Point
and Fire Station 10 on Old Atlanta Road.  Commissioners Charles Laughing-house
and Pritchett voiced concerns about the south tower since it would be located
near residential communities.

Laughinghouse said three conditions led to his decision to vote for the tower
which were the added cost to relocate it, added time to receive FFA approval and
possible reduction of coverage area.

Pritchett said he hopes to convince commissioners there could be other options
for the south tower reception that would be acceptable to all parities.

Five residents waited more than nine hours to announce their concerns about the
towers to the Forsyth County Board of
Commissioners at the Feb. 2 meeting. Jim Custer said many more residents had
arranged to attend the commissioner meeting
to speak at the public comment period but were disappointed at the board’s
decision to postpone the comment period until the
last agenda item of the meeting. The county needs to hold a public hearing to
allow for public input on such a decision, according to Custer.

An alternative site at the quarry was proposed by Pritchett during the Jan. 12
meeting but was rejected by commissioners.
The Motorola consultant said the site would add to the county’s cost of the
tower because of the possibilities of having to
increase the height of the tower and the added time to receive FFA approval.
Pritchett told the board a scheduling delay could
have been avoided if alternate private sites were considered when he requested
it more than a year ago.

http://www.northfulton.com/DisplayArticle.asp?ID=%7BC394F767-D397-40D7-A35C-FBF674AB87FF%7D

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/