Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel Has Been On DOJ's "Anti-Trust Enforcer" Radar Screen For Some Time-

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 07:22:05 -0500

Nextel Has Been On DOJ's "Anti-Trust Enforcer" Radar Screen For Some
Time-

Last year Robert Pate, Assistant Attorney General- Antitrust Division
(aka "Anti-Trust Enforcer")  at the Practicing Law Institute noted the
highly competitive nature of Push-To-Talk services. He indicated that
these services were being introduced by other carriers to compete with
one firm..........Nextel.

"The wireless industry has also produced a stream of new services
available to subscribers
including wireless Internet, digital photography, and interactive games.
The FCC will soon begin
licensing more spectrum for use in 3G or more advanced systems that will
offer the possibility of
sophisticated wireless-data and video services. In addition, a number of
mobile wireless
providers have begun offering, or announced plans to offer, push-to-talk
type options, which
allow one-touch communication with individuals or with a group of
individuals. These offerings
are designed to compete with the one firm, Nextel, that offers this
feature on a nationwide basis."

Robert Pate, Assistant Attorney General ~