Subject: [NEXTEL-1] DJ Nextel CEO

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 23:10:26 -0500

DJ   Nextel CEO -2: Sees Continued Strong Margins, Revenue 
(2004/02/19 5:44PM) 
 
NEW YORK (Dow Jones)--Nextel Communications Inc. (NXTL) Chief 
Executive Tim Donahue said the company will be able to maintain high 
margins in coming years as rival wireless carriers scramble to 
create the technology to compete with its "push-to-talk" system. 

"You're really not going to see a push-to-talk competitor for 
another two years," Donahue said (In his dreams, but in reality by Q4 )
Thursday in an appearance on CNBC, 
noting that it is difficult technically to come up with a similar 
quality product. 

In addition, he said the demand for wireless data is growing. 

"I just think the revenue stream is going to remain strong," he 
said. 

Donahue also said the company is committed to spending money to 
increase the infrastructre that defines its service area.

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/