Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Lucent to support CDMA at 450Mhz

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 02:53:30 -0500

Lucent to support CDMA at 450Mhz

Lucent Technologies says that it will start to support CDMA2000 1xEV-DO
technology at 450 MHz spectrum - a spectrum band available to support
mobile services in Eastern Europe and other markets worldwide. Lucent's
spread-spectrum portfolio includes solutions for W-CDMA (also known as
UMTS) and CDMA2000 mobile networking technologies, the world's
predominant 3G standards.
"Our CDMA450 solutions can help service providers cost-effectively and
quickly introduce high-quality voice and the fastest mobile high-speed
data services available today via our support for CDMA2000 1xEV-DO,"
said Mike Iandolo, vice president of CDMA product management, Lucent
Mobility Solutions Group. "This is another example of how we are
leveraging our spread-spectrum expertise to respond to market needs and
drive the adoption of 3G mobile high-speed data services worldwide."
Lucent also provides a range of CDMA450 voice and data devices via its
alliances with many of the world's leading device vendors. Lucent has
deployed commercial networks in 450 MHz spectrum for Delta Telecom and
Moscow Cellular Communications — both part of the SkyLink initiative in
Russia — and Zapp Mobile in Romania, and is conducting numerous CDMA450
trials with customers around the world.

"CDMA450 is a compelling offer for analog operators with 450 spectrum -
it enables them to dramatically improve the quality of voice calls via
the introduction of 3G digital technology, while also enabling them to
deliver mobile high-speed data services to many consumers who lack basic
Internet access," added Iandolo. "Lucent's CDMA450 solutions also
provide superior coverage and capacity when compared with older analog
mobile telephony systems currently deployed in 450 spectrum in many
markets, which means mobile operators can cover large geographic areas
with fewer base stations."

Posted to the site on 26-Feb-04

http://www.cellular-news.com/story/10733.shtml

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/