Subject: [NEXTEL-1] FCC- Tutorial on “Capacity Enhancement Methods for Wireless Networks”

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 17:28:33 -0500

DA 04-355
February 11, 2004

Tutorial on “Capacity Enhancement Methods for Wireless Networks”

On February 20, 2004, the FCC’s Office of Engineering and Technology will
provide a tutorial on “Capacity Enhancement Methods for Wireless Networks:
Complementary

Beamforming, Space-Time Coding and Space-Time Collaborative Communications” from
10:00 to 12:00 noon in the Commission Meeting Room (TW-C305), 445 12th Street,
S.W., Washington, D.C.

The speaker, Dr. Vahid Tarokh is currently Gordon-McKay professor of electrical
engineering at the Harvard University and a Vinton Hayes senior research fellow.
He is responsible for a number of inventions, most notably his pioneering
invention of  Space-Time Coding (jointly with Seshadri and Calderbank) and
Complementary Beamforming Techniques (jointly with
Alamouti and Choi). Dr. Tarokh has been ranked in the list of Top 10 Most Cited
Authors in
Computer Science by the ISI Web of Science.  He has also received a number of
awards including Gold Medal of the Governor General of Canada, 1995 IEEE
Information Theory
Society Prize Paper Award 1999, the National Science Foundation’s The Alan T.
Waterman
Award 2001.

In his talk he will discuss capacity enhancements methods based on antenna
arrays for wireless networks.  Space-time coding methods that are not in general
backward compatible with existing WLAN standards will be reviewed. Motivated by
the issues of backward compatibility, he will then discuss beamforming and
complementary beamforming for carrier sensing wireless networks, followed by
some recent results on collaborative space-time communications.

Those who wish to attend this tutorial will be seated on a first-come
first-serve basis.  Reservations are neither accepted nor required.
For further information, contact Dr. Michael Marcus at 202-418-2418, or Ms.
Young Carlson at 202-418-2427.  Real Audio and streaming video access to the
tutorial will be available at http://www.fcc.gov/realaudio.

 http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-04-355A1.doc
--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Send the freshest Valentine's flowers with a FREE vase from only $29.99!
Shipped direct from the grower with a 7 day freshness guarantee and prices so low you save 30-55% off retail!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/_iAw9B/xdlHAA/3jkFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/