Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Ecrio Announces Push-to-Talk Over Cellular (PoC) Client Software

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 13:54:12 -0500

Ecrio Announces Push-to-Talk Over Cellular (PoC) Client Software

Latest PoC Client Extends Ecrio's Family of IMPS Handset Software; Will
Run on
Texas Instruments' OMAP(TM) Platform

CUPERTINO, Calif., Feb. 19 /PRNewswire/ -- Ecrio Inc., a leading
provider of instant communications software solutions, announced today
its Push-to-talk Over Cellular (PoC) Client Software will be
demonstrated at the 3GSM World Congress in Cannes. This complements
Ecrio's existing Instant Messaging and Presence Services (IMPS) offering
for mobile terminals, and will run on Texas Instruments' (TI) OMAP(TM)
platform.  The PoC demonstration will be held February 23 and 24 in Hall
2, TI Booth G20, at 3GSM.  The combination of PoC and IMPS brings new
capabilities to the mobile user with the support of one-on-one and group
communications.  IMPS features such as Presence, Availability and Mood
status displayed on the phone screen enhance the PoC user experience.
Floor control, support for a special push button and a speakerphone are
provided. An SDK is available to developers for rapid integration of the
Ecrio PoC software with the target terminal.  Ecrio's PoC solution is
available on native OS, Symbian OS, PocketPC, Smartphone, and PalmOS(R)
operating systems.  Following the same approach as the robust and proven
Ecrio IMPS modular architecture, the Ecrio PoC Client Software supports
easy integration with various chipset platforms, including TI's OMAP
platform.

The Ecrio solution is interoperable with other PoC clients and servers
conforming to the PoC Release 1.0 specifications that were submitted
last year to the Open Mobile Alliance (OMA), and supports networks based
on GPRS, CDMA, EDGE and UMTS.

"We are delighted to have this continued relationship with Ecrio," said
Bryce Johnstone, manager for TI's worldwide OMAP Developer Network,
"Ecrio has shown excellent innovation in providing solutions based on
presence and availability such as Instant Messaging, Instant Voice
Conferencing and now Push-to-Talk over Cellular. A single integrated
communication client based on Ecrio's offering is a major milestone
leading to next-generation combined voice and data services."
"We are excited to collaborate with TI and to provide our OEM and ODM
customers with PoC solutions that complement our IMPS offering," said
Nagesh Challa, Ecrio's President & CEO.  "Using the TI OMAP solution
with its high performance, multi-tasking and low power consumption,
Ecrio has been able to uniquely integrate Instant Messaging, Instant
Voice Conferencing and Push-to-Talk functionality."

To arrange meetings, demonstrations and for further information, please
contact Michel Gannage:  +1-408-366-7900 x103, [email-masked].

About Texas Instruments

TI is the leading manufacturer of wireless semiconductors, delivering
the heart of today's wireless technology and building solutions for
tomorrow. TI provides a breadth of silicon and software and 15 years of
wireless systems expertise that spans handsets and base stations for all
cellular communications standards, wireless LAN, Bluetooth and Ultra
Wideband. From custom to turn-key solutions, including complete TCS
chipsets, hardware and software reference designs, OMAP(TM) application
processors, core digital signal processor and analog technologies built
on advanced semiconductor processes, TI is making wireless personal,
intelligent and seamless.

For information about TI's complete wireless solution portfolio, visit
http://www.ti.com/wireless

About Ecrio

Ecrio Inc. is an instant communications software provider, headquartered
in Cupertino, California. Ecrio provides wireless carriers and terminal
vendors a suite of presence and availability based communication
software for messaging and voice communications.

The Ecrio solutions have been selected by Lucent Technologies,
Panasonic Mobile Communications Co. Ltd, Siemens ICM and Teleca AB

(Stockholm: TELCb.ST), as the IMPS offering for mobile carriers.
http://www.ecrio.com
NOTE:  Ecrio is a trademark of Ecrio Inc. All other brands, products,
and company names mentioned herein are trademarks of their respective
holders.

SOURCE Ecrio Inc.
Web Site: http://www.ecrio.com

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/