Subject: [NEXTEL-1] EFJ, Inc. Announces Sale of Project 25 System for Alaska Land Mobile Radio System

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 04:34:07 -0500

EFJ, Inc. Announces Sale of Project 25 System for Alaska Land Mobile Radio
System

      Radios to Support Joint Sponsorship
      between Federal Government and Alaska
      Washington, DC

      February 9, 2004

      EFJ, Inc. (OTC Bulletin Board: EFJI) announced today that its
EFJohnson subsidiary has won an award to provide Project 25 VHF radio
equipment for use on the Alaska Land Mobile Radio System (ALMR).

      (See http://almr.state.ak.us/IndexServlet?action=Home)

      This first award, valued at $663,000.00, is also one of the first
examples of joint sponsorship between the Federal government and states
regarding the upgrading of telecommunications infrastructure.

      "The ALMR order is significant because it's one of the first Project
25 VHF trunking systems to be deployed in the United States," said Michael
E. Jalbert, chairman and chief executive officer of EFJ, Inc. "This further
demonstrates the interoperability of EFJohnson's equipment on today's and
tomorrow's communications networks. The Federal government and the states
are working together to ensure interoperability, and EFJohnson is a
significant participant in this new method of cooperation."

      The EFJohnson portable and mobile radios with accessories will operate
on the ALMR network to replace legacy trunking equipment that is not in
compliance with new Federal regulations such as Project 25 VHF. The
equipment will be used to support U.S. Army garrison staff elements and day
to day radio requirements.

      "EFJohnson stepped up to the plate in a timely manner, and proved that
their equipment could function on the ALMR network," said Richard Garrett,
Telecommunications Project Manager for ALMR. Garrett said, "The ability of
EFJohnson products to support our legacy systems and the Project 25
standards impressed us. Since regulations and standards evolve, it's
important to have equipment that supports our needs."

      EFJohnson provides digital Project 25 compliant interoperable wireless
communications systems solutions for federal, state and local agencies
involved with homeland security and public safety. EFJohnson, founded in
1923, was one of the first developers of wireless communications products to
be fully compliant with federal government interoperability specifications.
The company designs, manufactures and markets conventional and trunked radio
systems, land mobile radio repeaters and mobile and portable radios. For
more information, visit http://www.efjohnson.com

 http://www.efjohnson.com/News/News_Detail.asp?ArticleID=188

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/