Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Wireless Design Online Newsletter

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 11:35:45 -0500

================================================================
Wireless Design Online Newsletter - http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com
Tuesday, February 10, 2004
================================================================

------------------------------------- 
FEATURED ARTICLES
-------------------------------------  

1) Nokia to acquire Psion plc's shares in Symbian
2) Report Predicts Winner of UWB Standards Race
3) New Analog Devices Wireless Engine Simplifies Design of Mobile Phones

---------------------------------------

1) Nokia to acquire Psion plc's shares in Symbian

Nokia announced yesterday that it has begun the process of enabling the transfer
of Psion's shares in Symbian to Nokia. Symbian, owned by a core group of mobile
industry players with its independent governance structure, will continue to
pursue its fair and non-discriminatory licensing business of the standards-based
Symbian operating system...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/72312/793725

2) Report Predicts Winner of UWB Standards Race

West Technology Research Solutions has released a new edition of their
ultrawideband market report that includes an in-depth analysis of the two groups
vying for the IEEE UWB specification. Included in the report is the market
research firm's prediction about who will win the UWB standardization battle...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/72313/793725

3) New Analog Devices Wireless Engine Simplifies Design of Mobile Phones

Analog Devices has announced the availability of a new reference design for the
development of GSM/GPRS wireless devices. ADI's Nova Wireless Engine greatly
simplifies the design of mobile devices by providing manufacturers with a
complete and flexible platform that includes all of the components necessary for
the design of next-generation wireless products...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/72314/793725

More of this week's wireless industry news -- including two firsts in CMOS power
amplifier design -- can be found in our Current Headlines section:
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/72315/793725

------------------------------------- 
FEATURED PRODUCTS
-------------------------------------
  
1) Synthesized, Dual-Conversion Upconverter and Downconverter
2) BCAP0010 Ultracapacitors
3) Linear Amplifier Series

---------------------------------------

1) Synthesized, Dual-Conversion Upconverter and Downconverter

MITEQ's DCC-50/1000-140/180 and DCC-140/180-50/1000 are high performance
synthesized, dual-conversion up- and downconverter systems. The
DCC-50/1000-140/180 accepts a 50 to 1000 MHz spectrum and converts up or down
any ±20 MHz spectrum in 1 MHz steps to 160 ±20 MHz. Downloadable product
datasheet available...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/72316/793725

2) BCAP0010 Ultracapacitors

The BCAP0010 works in tandem with batteries for applications that require both a
constant low power discharge for continual function and a pulse power for peak
loads. In these applications, the device relieves batteries of peak power
functions resulting in an extension of battery life and a reduction of overall
battery size and cost. Downloadable product datasheet available...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/72317/793725

3) Linear Amplifier Series

The RF6100 linear power amplifier series is composed of the RF6100-1, RF6100-2,
RF6100-3 and RF6100-4 high-power, high-efficiency linear amplifier modules
specifically designed for 3V handheld systems. Downloadable product datasheets
available...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/72318/793725

-------------------------------------
INDUSTRY EVENTS
-------------------------------------

12th Annual Wireless Systems Design Conference & Expo
March 8-10, 2004, San Diego Convention Center

Join us for WSD 2004 in the heart of Southern California and the epicenter of
wireless systems design. Delving into the technical details of what today's
wireless engineer needs to know to be successful, WSD explores the technology of
the traditional wireless staple -- the cell phone -- but also examines base
stations, software defined radios, antennas, digital signal processors, and the
wireless Internet. For more information, visit:
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/72319/793725

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/