Subject: [NEXTEL-1] FCC - 02/26/2004

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 19:56:59 -0500

WIRELESS PORTABILITY COMPLAINTS: 5852 CONSUMER COMPLAINTS SINCE PORTING
BEGAN ON NOV. 24.  News Release. News Media Contact: Rosemary Kimball at
(202) 418-0511, email: [email-masked]  CGB
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-244358A1.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-244358A1.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-244358A1.txt> 

 Released:  02/26/2004.  EX PARTE PRESENTATIONS AND POST-REPLY COMMENT
PERIOD FILING IN PERMIT-BUT-DISCLOSURE PROCEEDINGS.  OMD. Contact:
Helen Abraham@(202) 418-0310
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-244363A1.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-244363A1.txt> 

Report No: AUC-49 Released:  02/26/2004.  WIRELESS TELECOMMUNICATIONS
BUREAU ANNOUNCES IT IS PREPARED TO GRANT LOWER 700 MHZ BAND LICENSES
UPON FULL AND TIMELY PAYMENT. (DA No.  04-542)  Auction Event No. 49.
WTB. Contact:  Evan Baranoff at (202) 418-7142. News Media Contact:
Lauren Patrich at (202) 418-7944
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-04-542A1.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-04-542A2.xls>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-04-542A3.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-04-542A4.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-04-542A1.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-04-542A2.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-04-542A3.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-04-542A4.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-04-542A1.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-04-542A2.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-04-542A3.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-04-542A4.txt> 

 Released:  02/26/2004.  WIRELESS TELECOMMUNICATIONS BUREAU SEEKS
COMMENT ON PETITIONS FOR RECONSIDERATION AND/OR CLARIFICATION OF THE
HEARING AID COMPATIBILE TELEPHONES REPORT AND ORDER. (DA No.  04-567).
(Dkt No 01-309). Comments Due:  03/29/2004. Reply Comments Due:
04/13/2004.  WTB. Contact:  Andra Cunningham at (202) 418-1630,  TTY:
(202) 418-1169
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-04-567A1.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-04-567A1.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-04-567A1.txt> 

 REMARKS OF JONATHAN S. ADELSTEIN, COMMISSIONER, FEDERAL COMMUNICATIONS
COMMISSION, "PRESERVING THE PUBLIC INTEREST IN A DYNAMIC
TELECOMMUNICATIONS INDUSTRY", 2004 NATIONAL GOVERNORS ASSOCIATION WINTER
MEETING, J.W. MARRIOTT HOTEL - WASHINGTON, D.C.  CMMR.  February 22,
2004, [As prepared for delivery]
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-244372A1.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-244372A1.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-244372A1.txt> 

 BIOTRONIK, INC. REQUEST FOR WAIVER OF THE FREQUENCY MONITORING
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE MEDICAL IMPLANT COMMUNICATIONS SERVICE RULES.
Granted the Petition for Waiver. (Dkt No.  03-92). Action by:  the
Commission. Adopted:  02/18/2004 by ORDER. (FCC No. 04-33).  OET
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/FCC-04-33A1.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/FCC-04-33A1.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/FCC-04-33A1.txt> 

 REVISION OF THE COMMISSION'S RULES TO  ENSURE COMPATIBILITY WITH
ENHANCED 911 EMERGENCY CALLING SYSTEMS ONSTAR CORPORATION MOTION TO
WITHDRAW.   Granted Motion to Withdraw filed by OnStar Corporation.
Dismissed the Petition for Clarification. (Dkt No.  94-102). Action by:
Acting Associate Chief, Public Safety and Critical Infrastructure
Division, Wireless Telecommunications Bureau. Adopted:  02/24/2004 by
ORDER. (DA No. 04-524).  WTB
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-04-524A1.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-04-524A1.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-04-524A1.txt> 

 Released:  02/25/2004.  ANN0UNCEMENT OF NEXT MEETING DATE AND AGENDA OF
CONSUMER ADVISORY COMMITTEE. (DA No.  04-540).  CGB. Contact:  Scott
Marshall at (202) 418-2809, email: [email-masked], TTY: (202) 418-0179
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-04-540A1.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-04-540A1.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-04-540A1.txt> 

 Released:  02/25/2004.  COMMISSION TO HOST DISCUSSION OF EMERGENCY
COMMUNICATIONS AND THE DISABILITY COMMUNITY. (DA No.  04-543)  Meeting
to Be Held March 25 at FCC Headquarters.  CGB. Contact:  Sign Language
Interpreters, CART, and other reasonable accommodations: (202) 418-0530,
TTY: (202) 418-0432, Alice Elder at (202) 418-2168, email: Alice
[email-masked] or Janet Sievert at (202) 418-1362, email:
[email-masked], TTY: (202) 418-1398
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-04-543A1.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-04-543A1.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-04-543A1.txt> 

Report No: 2649 Released:  02/25/2004.  PETITIONS FOR RECONSIDERATION OF
ACTION IN DOCKETED PROCEEDING.  OMD
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-244369A1.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-244369A1.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-24436

 REMARKS OF COMMISSIONER MICHAEL J. COPPS, QUELLO CENTER SYMPOSIUM,
WASHINGTON, DC, FEBRUARY 25, 2004.  CMMR.  "Disruptive Technology . . .
Disruptive Regulation"
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-244356A1.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-244356A1.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-244356A1.txt>

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/