Subject: Re: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel service quality, or, lack of...

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 16:45:28 EST

I do not have similar problems here in DC (garbled, wave off, key stuck, 
etc.), with the exception of one place on the GW Parkway and one place on Scott 
Drive in Potomac where there is ALWAYS a drop in the call.  Plus, the occasional 
echo.

Alan T.

In a message dated 2/12/2004 3:18:15 PM Eastern Standard Time, 
[email-masked] writes:
Talking to several friends, they are seeing the same problems I am with 
Nextel's DC service here around Boston.  Even while both parties are standing still 
in strong signal areas, the connection will get garbled or get  wave off 
tones. Messages, such as user not available, or busy in private are quite 
frequent. Every once in a  while, one of the units will get stuck keyed with the mic 
live and to only way to clear it is to power cycle the unit. Since it involves 
at least half a dozen different model and vintage units, I suspect it is not a 
subscriber unit issue.

This is a problem that is becoming more and more frequent. Is it just a 
Boston thing? Does the system need a good swift kick in the BTS? No, I haven't 
wasted my time calling customer service.

Frustrated in Boston.