Subject: [NEXTEL-1] “CTIA”-Has Concerns Re: implementation challenges and legal vulnerabilities posed by the so-called “Consensus Plan”

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 15:14:37 -0500

“CTIA”-Has Concerns Re: implementation challenges and legal
vulnerabilities posed by the so-called “Consensus Plan”
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

.CTIA B u i l d i n g T h e W i r e l e s s F u t u r e . Cellular
Telecommunications & Internet Association
February 13, 2004
Ms. Marlene H. Dortch
Secretary
Federal Communications Commission
445 12th Street, SW
12th Street Lobby, TW-A325
Washington, D.C. 20554
Re: Ex Parte Presentation
CC Docket 95-116, WT Docket 02-55

Dear Ms. Dortch:

On February 12, 2004, the Cellular Telecommunications & Internet
Association (“CTIA”), represented by Steve Largent, President/CEO of
CTIA, Diane Cornell, Vice President for Regulatory Policy, and Chris
Guttman-McCabe, Director for Regulatory Policy, met with Chairman
Michael Powell, Bryan Tramont, Chief of Staff, and Sheryl Wilkerson,
Legal Advisor. Mr. Largent gave an overview of the new structure of
CTIA, and touched on issues related to the ongoing Local Number
Portability (“LNP”) implementation process, as well as the 800 MHz
proceeding.

Mr. Largent provided an update on LNP which indicated that significant
progress has been made in addressing the LNP implementation challenges,
especially for wireless-to-wireless ports. He indicated that progress is
also being made in the inter-modal porting context, and that a
wireline/wireless industry task force is being established to address
the remaining porting implementation issues.

In the context of the 800 MHz proceeding, CTIA reiterated its concern
with the implementation challenges and legal vulnerabilities posed by
the so-called “Consensus Plan” filed by Nextel Communications, some
public safety associations and private wireless groups. CTIA referenced
the Kane Reece study filed in WT Docket No. 02-55 on February 9, 2004,
and emphasized that it would be inappropriate to grant Nextel spectrum
at 1.9 GHz that is valued at over $5 billion.

Pursuant to Section 1.1206 of the Commission’s Rules, this letter is
being electronically filed with your office. If you have any questions
concerning this submission, please contact the undersigned.
Sincerely,
Diane Cornell
Diane Cornell
cc: Chairman Michael Powell
Bryan Tramont
Sheryl Wilkerson

http://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/prod/ecfs/retrieve.cgi?native_or_pdf=pdf&id_document=6515782426

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/