Subject: Re: [NEXTEL-1] Re: 27 MHz wireless keyboard

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 16:57:50 -0500

Kenneth,

The Part 95 frequencies at 27 MHz are not at all restricted to an F3E
emission.  Part 95 remote control devices rules §95.631(b) simply states
that "any appropriate non-voice emission" may be employed (subject to
bandwidth and related requirements, of course).  Now, I am presuming Part
95 operation given this "compelling reason" that I have in mind.

Please stay tuned for more, shortly...

Kind regards, Alan
Pop'Comm
<[email-masked]>

On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 13:33:48 -0500 "Kenneth Van Patten"
<[email-masked]> writes:
The FCC allows the frequency coordinators to recommend frequencies in
this
band, The coordinators have no idea the frequencies between 27.41 and
28.0
are overrun with illegal's using illegal frequency agile radios. Try and
get
your money back for the frequency coordination and the FCC license fee.
2ØKØF3E is the only mode of transmission as stated Part 90 and 95 for
this
band. I am familiar with the lowband allocations after owning two GE
franchise service stations in the Midwest for a number
of years. I remember Sonar VHF HAM radio equipment back in the 50's.
---

	<snip>

> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: Kenneth Van Patten [mailto:[email-masked]]
> > Sent: Friday, February 27, 2004 11:02 AM
> > To: [email-masked]
> > Subject: Re: [NEXTEL-1] Re: 27 MHz wireless keyboard
> >
> > It may be of some interest to know the 27 MHz band plan provides for
> > the business and special industrial use between 27.41 to 27.54 MHz
> > and 27.54 to 28.0 is US Gov't. I am licensed to 27.43 MHz but these
> >  frequencies are unusable because of the illegal AM/SSB
> > station interference. The FCC has not respond to the many complaints.
> > So much for Homeland security to.
> >---

	<snip>

> > > > Okay, who can take a guess as to the *most compelling* reason
that a
> > > > manufacturer would choose the 27 MHz band over other
> > > > available frequency bands??
> > >

--

________________________________________________________________
The best thing to hit the Internet in years - Juno SpeedBand!
Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!
Only $14.95/ month - visit www.juno.com to sign up today!

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: "Rik Rasmussen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 17:19:08 -0500

I can't say about today, but in the early 70's there were many manufacturers
building "Business" radio equipment that was A.M.

One of the most famous, who is still around, was Johnson. Many CB'ers
remember a radio known as a "White Faced Johnson", that was a five channel
crystal controlled tube type CB unit. This was one of their Business radios
with a BIG resistor to knock down the plate voltage of the final tube and
make the radio legal to sell on CB. Most CBer's put a piece of wire across
the resistor and ran the full 15 watts. There was later a "Black Faced
Johnson" that had more channels.

Johnson, Polycom, Sonar, Eico and others manufactured a.m. radios for
Business freqs.

Matter of fact, next time you see Mayberry reruns on TV, note that Sherrif
Taylor used Eico equipment.

Rik Rasmussen
Two Way Radio Directory
http://twowayradiodirectory.com

> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Friday, February 27, 2004 4:58 PM
> Cc: [email-masked]

 
Yahoo! Groups Links

---

From: "Kenneth Van Patten" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 18:04:49 -0500

Yes I remember all the manufacturer you mention. We started in business in
1972 With GE and some of those white face Johnson's would show up on the
bench for service from time-to-time with the pencil like microphone and
slide switch for PTT . Other notable FM radios such as Hellacrafters,
Aerotron, Hammalund and Comco graced our service bench also. We later added
Johnson FM and Regency to our line of new equipment sales.

Ken

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Rik Rasmussen" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Friday, February 27, 2004 5:19 PM
Subject: RE: [NEXTEL-1] Re: 27 MHz wireless keyboard

 
Yahoo! Groups Links

---

From: "Bill Smith" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 18:04:23 -0500

I've seen an old Motorola GGV vintage desktop radio sitting in back of the
sheriff's office in a few episodes. Not the BY cabinet, but the smaller box
they also used as a remote.

, Sonar, Eico and others manufactured a.m. radios for
Business freqs.

 
Yahoo! Groups Links

---

From: "Kenneth Van Patten" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 18:27:41 -0500

I should have mentioned I licensed the 27.43 MHz station under part 90 and
the statement of eligibility relates to rule section 90.35 (a)(1). Since
then I modified the license to add frequencies above 35 MHz. The station
designator is IG. The FCC requires frequency coordination in these lowbands.
As far as the bootleggers are concerned its freeband to them.

Ken

----- Original Message ----- 
From: <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Friday, February 27, 2004 4:57 PM
Subject: Re: [NEXTEL-1] Re: 27 MHz wireless keyboard

 
Yahoo! Groups Links

---

From: "Rik Rasmussen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 23:55:12 -0500

I was an Aerotron dealer in the 80's. Factory was close enough to drive over
and pick up inventory.

The old Aerotron lunchbox was a real radio!

Rik Rasmussen
Two Way Radio Directory

> Sent: Friday, February 27, 2004 6:05 PM

 
Yahoo! Groups Links

---

From: "Kenneth Van Patten" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 16:17:35 -0500

I didn't keep up with Aerotron after the middle 80's. Sold the 2-way shops
and started a tower business. Bought up Sprint, Western Union Microwave
sites and  towers I already owned I went into the vertical real estate
business. Had a ball.

Ken
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Rik Rasmussen" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Friday, February 27, 2004 11:55 PM
Subject: RE: [NEXTEL-1] Re: 27 MHz wireless keyboard

 
Yahoo! Groups Links