Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Wireless Companies Settle Suits Over Walkie-Talkie Features on Cell Phones

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 17:20:07 -0500

Associated Press
Cos. Settle Over Walkie-Talkie Features
Friday February 13, 4:49 pm ET
Wireless Companies Settle Suits Over Walkie-Talkie Features on Cell Phones

ALEXANDRIA, Va. (AP) -- Nextel Communications and Verizon Wireless have 
settled lawsuits filed against each other connected to the companies' 
use and marketing of walkie-talkie features on cell phones, the 
companies said Friday.

Terms were not disclosed.

Last year, Verizon sued Nextel in federal court in Alexandria, claiming 
Nextel engaged in corporate espionage in its testing of prototype "push 
to talk" features on Verizon's cell phones.

Nextel carved a successful niche in the wireless industry with its 
Direct Connect feature, which allows phone users to talk to each other 
with the push of a button, much like a walkie-talkie.

Verizon later offered a similar feature on its phones.

In September, Nextel sued Verizon in federal court in Manhattan, related 
to Verizon's marketing of its walkie-talkie feature.

Both lawsuits will be dismissed as a result of the settlement, the 
companies said.

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/040213/nextel_verizon_1.html

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Send the freshest Valentine's flowers with a FREE vase from only $29.99!
Shipped direct from the grower with a 7 day freshness guarantee and prices so low you save 30-55% off retail!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/_iAw9B/xdlHAA/3jkFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/