Subject: [NEXTEL-1] eSeminar: Back to Basics - RF Spectrum Analysis Basics

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 16:46:08 -0500

eSeminar: Back to Basics - RF Spectrum Analysis Basics

Why this event is important:

Due to an overwhelming response, we´re pleased to present the RF
Spectrum Analysis Basics eSeminar. Learn why spectrum analysis is
important for a variety of applications and how to measure system and
device performance using a spectrum analyzer. This presentation will
provide a strong foundation in basic measurement techniques beginning
with an introduction to spectrum analyzers and a discussion of the
theory of operation. Then we´ll cover the instrument´s major components
and their significance and delve into spectrum analyzer specifications
that are important for your application.  Finally, we'll look at the
capabilities of a spectrum analyzer that are essential for making
effective measurements.

Who should attend:
-Recent Engineering Graduates
-Experienced R&D Engineers transitioning to RF
-Technicians & Engineers involved in manufacturing test
-Telecom Engineers needing to learn more about RF

What to Expect:

90 minutes duration Presentor:
Jeff Thomas who has worked in spectrum analyzer applications for 30
years with Hewlett-Packard Company and Agilent Technologies. He
currently writes application and training material for RF and microwave
test equipment at Agilent in Santa Rosa California. He is the author of
two books: Cable Television Proof-of-Performance: a Practical Guide to
Cable TV Compliance Measurements Using a Spectrum Analyzer (1995) and
Digital Basics for Cable Television Systems (1999 with Francis
Edgington).

Questions & Answers:

Terri Hightower, an Applications Engineer with Agilent Technologies in
Schaumburg, IL, is focused on RF Communications in the cellular arena.
Terri received her BSEE from Clemson University in 1996 and a MSEE from
Georgia Institute of Technology in 1998. She previously worked with
Motorola in VCO design and development. She also interned with their
TCXO group and Ceramic Technologies Research Group. In her free time,
Terri enjoys playing sports and watching movies.

http://we.home.agilent.com/cgi-bin/bvpub/agilent/disclaimer/cp_Disclaimer.jsp?CALLING_PAGE_URL=CP_MISC_EDITORIAL_DETAIL&EXTERNAL_PAGE_LINK_URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.netseminar.com%2fnss%2floginPageTemplate%3fpage%3dbefore%26sem_num%3d839%26branding%3dAgilent%26clientID%3dAgilent&EXTERNAL_PAGE_LINK_TEXT=View+the+Feb.+18,+2003+Archived+eSeminar&NAV_ID=-11351.0.03&LANGUAGE_CODE=eng&COUNTRY_CODE=ZZ

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/