Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Survey Finds Lukewarm Market for Push-to-Talk

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 15:54:51 -0500

Survey Finds Lukewarm Market for Push-to-Talk

February 20, 2004

By Mobile Pipeline News

Although a number of wireless operators are jumping on the push-to-talk
(PTT) bandwagon, end user interest in the technology remains lukewarm,
according to an

In-Stat/MDR survey released Friday.

The survey found that only eight percent of respondents said they
currently use PTT. Of those who aren't using PTT, only half said they
might be interested in the
service in the future.

Nextel pioneered P2P among U.S. wireless operators and the technology is
generally given some of the credit for that carrier's success. Verizon
Wireless, Sprint

PCS and Alltell have both been rolling out their own PTT services in the
U.S. and several European carriers have said they, too, would introduce
the service.

The survey found that the majority of PTT subscribers use the technology
primarily for work. The survey also found that more potential PTT users
were interested in obtaining the service from Verizon Wireless than any
other operator.

Those findings aren't since Nextel has marketed PTT primarily to
businesses and the other providers have just recently launched their
services. Also, Verizon

Wireless is the largest U.S. carrier, at least until the merger between
AT&T Wireless and Cingular is finalized later this year.

http://www.mobilepipeline.com/news/showArticle.jhtml;jsessionid=ACZ2CCPIN3WDWQSNDBCCKHQ?articleId=17800131&printableArticle=true

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/