Subject: [NEXTEL-1] WARNING! Being Tracked On Where You Are With Yahoo!

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 13:44:57 -0500

-------- Original Message --------
   From: [email-masked]
Subject: WARNING! Being Tracked On Where You Are With Yahoo!

Yahoo is using "Web Beacons" to track Yahoo Group users around
the net and see what they're doing and where they are going - much
like cookies.

     Yahoo's Privacy Statement has been updated:
     http://privacy.yahoo.com/privacy/us/pixels/details.html

     In the section "Outside the Yahoo! Network" (3rd bullet down),
you'll see a little "click here" link that will let you "opt-out" of
their new method of snooping. I strongly recommend that you do this.
Once you have clicked that link, you are opted out.

     Notice the "Success" message the top the next page after you
opt-out. Be careful because on that page there is a "Cancel Opt-out"
button that, if clicked, will *undo* the opt-out. Very misleading if
you don't read before clicking (or not clicking)

/Bill Schneid

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG