Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Vendor updates billing platform to support PTT services

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 02:34:22 -0500

Vendor updates billing platform to support PTT services

VoluBill has announced that it has extended the capability of its Dialog Control
and Charging Platform (D2CP) to encompass Push To Talk (PTT) technology in
readiness for mobile operators' plans to roll out services in Europe and Asia in
2004.VoluBill is introducing this capability in partnership with IndTeleSoft, a
leading provider of mobile SIP solutions.

Since its launch, 'Push To Talk' (PTT) has been a significant success in the
United States, with huge demand from both personal and business users for
services and handsets. PTT has proven particularly popular in dispatch and
light-industrial applications. Such is the popularity of PTT in the US that a
study carried out by Zelos Group in Summer 2003 amongst 1300 mobile phone users
found that PTT capability was second only to integrated digital cameras in the
top 10 features that users wanted on their phone. Mobile operators are now
training their sights on the Asian and European markets, hoping that these
markets mirror that of the US in terms of take up and success.
As with any new technology, charging and billing solutions must be able to deal
with every possible scenario to maximise efficiency and minimise revenue
leakage. VoluBill has worked closely with IndTeleSoft to extend the capability
of D2CP - VoluBill's network-based data and messaging content charging platform
- to support PTT, and has developed a solution that works cooperatively but
non-intrusively with the mobile operator's SIP and Push To Talk servers to
provide a fully flexible PTT charging function.

Commenting on these developments, VoluBill's CEO Andre Meyer, said: "PTT
technology presents several challenges for both charging and billing solutions
providers. Duration or 'Speech Time' is one logical basis on which to price
usage for subscribers, but this can be quite difficult for many operators to
measure and get onto a bill. Together with IndTeleSoft, we are introducing a
complete solution that provides a service delivery and charging capability for
operators who want to implement this exciting new service."
Mr. Jawad Ayaz, CEO of IndTeleSoft, said, "We are happy to join forces with
VoluBill in offering a state-of-the art solution to provide Push-To-Talk
functionality. By combining IndTeleSoft's market-leading PTT Client solutions
with VoluBill's leading-edge charging solutions we are able to offer service
providers the kind of end-to-end solution they need to get up and working and
earning revenue from this advanced service."
VoluBill provides complete charging solutions for prepaid and postpaid customers
for all GPRS data and messaging services: web, email, streaming media, and now
PTT.

http://www.cellular-news.com/story/10653.shtml

Posted to the site on 18-Feb-04

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/