Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Convedia launches push-to-talk-

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 19:58:39 -0500

Convedia launches strategic thrust into 2.5G
and 3G mobile markets

February 11, 2004

Convedia Corporation, provider of carrier-class IP media processing platforms,
announced that its Media Servers are now available to provide the Multimedia
Resource Function (MRF) for 2.5G and 3G wireless networks. Convedia Media
Servers are an ideal solution for IP-based mobile application developers and
service providers requiring a standards-compliant MRF to support mobile
applications with intensive IP voice and video processing requirements.

Convedia media servers today offer the MRF media processing essential for a
broad range of wireless voice services including push-to-talk, personalized
ringback tones, unified messaging, speech-controlled services, and presence
enabled conferencing. In the second quarter of 2004, Convedia will introduce
additional functionality including support for AMR and EVRC voice coders, as
well as H.263 and MPEG-4 video mixing, transcoding, recording and playback,
making the Convedia Media Server the industry's first and only true multimedia
MRF.

Mobile application developers can integrate Convedia's broad MRF capabilities
into their solutions using SIP or other standards-based control protocols,
resulting in accelerated feature support and time-to-market. Additional benefits
for mobile network operators include dramatic CAPEX and OPEX cost savings,
multi-service support, improved reliability, and industry-leading scalability.

A number of mobile application developers are already using Convedia's MRF
solutions. FERMA, a global solution provider offering IP based value-added
services, is collaborating with Convedia to develop prepaid and voice mail
applications for 3G service providers. Spectel, the provider of voice and web
conferencing solutions, has partnered with Convedia to develop integrated
multimedia mobile conferencing solutions. Ubiquity, an expert in SIP Application
Servers, and Convedia are collaborating to help accelerate the introduction of
3G applications compliant with 3GPP IMS standards.

Mobile industry standards organizations, such as 3G Partnership Program (3GPP),
have formally recognized the role and necessity for a multimedia resource
function (MRF) in carrier-class 3G wireless networks. Convedia's membership in
3GPP and Open Mobile Alliance (OMA) and active involvement in 3GPP's IMS
evolution and OMA's multimedia-related working groups are further evidence of
Convedia's support and commitment to wireless architectures and standards.

"Convedia was the first vendor to introduce carrier-class IP Media Servers to
the wireline telecommunications industry. Our commitment to open industry
standards, quality, and innovation has propelled Convedia into a market leader
with over 180 systems installed worldwide," said Grant Henderson, Convedia's EVP
of Marketing and Strategy. "Convedia is now equally focused on the wireless
market with today's launch of the mobile industry's first standards-compliant
multimedia resource function (MRF). Convedia media servers provide the ideal
solution for 2.5G and 3G application developers and service providers building
IP-based service infrastructures to deliver innovative mobile applications to
their subscribers."

http://www.3gnewsroom.com/3g_news/feb_04/news_4178.shtml

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/