Subject: [NEXTEL-1] SK Telecom¡¯s Frequency Use Charges Expected to Be Hiked

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 01:06:07 -0500

SK Telecom¡¯s Frequency Use Charges Expected to Be Hiked

By Kim Tae-gyu
Staff Reporter
The government plans to increase the mobile frequency usage fee for industry
frontrunner SK Telecom and cut the rates for rivals KFT and LG Telecom.

From April, SK Telecom will shoulder 20 billion won more in mobile frequency
usage fees, while KTF's fee will be reduced by 13.5 billion won and LG Telecom's
will be eased by 6.5 billion won.

The Ministry of Information and Communication (MIC) on Thursday announced the
hike on SK Telecom's 800 MHz frequency, which is considered better than the
smaller firms' 1.8 GHz range.

As of last month, SK Telecom dominated the local market with 18.31 million
subscribers and a 54.5 percent market share. KTF lagged behind with 10.44
million customers and LG Telecom was a distant third with 4.84 million users.

Until now, the MIC has charged around 2,000 won in frequency usage fee per
subscriber evenly, and mobile operators paid the fees on a quarterly basis.

But from April, SK Telecom will pay about 2,300 won per subscriber, while KTF
and LG Telecom will be charged about 1,600 won per customer.

SK Telecom will be charged 144.5 billion won annually compared with 58.5 billion
won for KTF and 27.1 billion won for LG Telecom.

In 2002, SK Telecom paid 124.5 billion won for the usage of the premium
spectrum, while KTF and LG Telecom were charged 72 billion won and 33.6 billion
won, respectively.

http://times.hankooki.com/lpage/tech/200401/kt2004011519120811820.htm
--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/