Subject: [NEXTEL-1] WIRELINE COMPETITION BUREAU RELEASES DRAFT OF REVISED TELECOMMUNICATIONS REPORTING WORKSHEET (FCC FORM 499-A)

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 16:55:25 -0500

PUBLIC NOTICE
FEDERAL COMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION
445 12th STREET, S.W.
WASHINGTON, D.C. 20554 DA 04-549
News media information 202/418-0500 Fax-On-Demand  202/418-2830
Internet:  http://www.fcc.gov      ftp.fcc.gov

Released: February 26, 2004

WIRELINE COMPETITION BUREAU RELEASES DRAFT OF REVISED
TELECOMMUNICATIONS REPORTING WORKSHEET (FCC FORM 499-A)
FOR 2003
CC Docket No. 96-45

In this Public Notice, the Wireline Competition Bureau (Bureau) releases
a draft of the revised Telecommunications Reporting Worksheet (FCC Form
499-A, “Worksheet”) for 2003 revenues (Attached as Appendix A).  This
Worksheet has been submitted to the Office of Management and Budget
(OMB) for approval.   The Bureau is releasing this draft in anticipation
of OMB approval to allow carriers maximum opportunity to prepare to
complete the revised Worksheet.  The final Worksheet will be available
to contributors upon OMB approval.  Completed Worksheets are due April
1, 2004.   The significant changes to the proposed revised Worksheet
include:

? Record Keeping:  Section II.F (see page 11) clarifies filers’
obligation to maintain records and documentation to justify information
reported in the Worksheet, including the methodology used to determine
projections, for three years, pursuant to 47 C.F.R. § 54.711.

? Line 105 and corresponding instructions (see pages 12-13):  Filers
will be allowed to list the top five telecommunications activities that
describe their businesses.  Previously, filers were instructed to
indicate only their principal line of business.  In addition, a new
descriptive category – “all distance” – was added.

? Line 106: Filers submitting information on a consolidated basis will
be required to submit the holding or controlling company’s IRS employee
identification number.

? Line 404 and corresponding instructions (see pages 20-21):  If filers
can separately identify revenues associated with fixed local and long
distance bundles from their books of account, they will report such
revenues in Line 404(b).  If filers cannot separately identify such
revenues, they will report them in Line 404(a).  Filers will be
instructed to provide a good faith estimate of the interstate revenues
associated with bundled service offerings for a single price if they
cannot otherwise determine the amounts from corporate records.

? Lines 421 and 422 and corresponding instructions (see pages 20,
24-25):  To facilitate the true-up process under a projected collected
system, filers will be required to report their uncollectible
revenues/bad debt expense associated with their gross billed revenues
from all sources as well as their end-user interstate and international
end-user telecommunications revenues.

? Line 423 and corresponding instructions (see page 25):  This line
clarifies that the net universal service contribution base revenues
should equal the amounts reported on Line 420 minus the amounts reported
on Line 422.

For further information, contact Vickie Robinson in the
Telecommunications Access Policy Division, Wireline Competition Bureau,
at (202) 418-7400, TTY (202) 418-0484.

Appendix A

Draft Revised FCC Form 499-A

Draft:

http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-04-549A2.pdf

Telecommunications Reporting Worksheet,
FCC Form 499-A
Instructions for Completing the
Worksheet for Filing Contributions
to Telecommunications Relay Service,
Universal Service, Number Administration,
and Local Number Portability Support Mechanisms

http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-04-549A3.pdf

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/