Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel to Buy AT&T Wireless

From: "Doug" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 12:44:35 -0500

Hey Everyone,

I heard that Nextel bought a LARGE part of AT&T Wireless.  Apparently the largest purchase of GSM spectrum space by any company ever...  

Can anyone confirm?

I am hoping that this might be in preparation to get Nextel to where the other GSM carriers are...  Having REAL internet on the phones and all that...

---

From: "mobiletogo" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 18:31:04 -0000

What you heard was simply a RUMOR -- if anyone buys AT&T Wireless,
it'll most likely be Cingular. 

--- In [email-masked], "Doug" <wirelessgroups@h...> wrote:
> Hey Everyone,
> 
> I heard that Nextel bought a LARGE part of AT&T Wireless.  
Apparently the largest purchase of GSM spectrum space by any company 
ever...  
> 
> Can anyone confirm?
> 
> I am hoping that this might be in preparation to get Nextel to 
where the other GSM carriers are...  Having REAL internet on the 
phones and all that...

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 19:27:16 -0500

According to an Exec. who is directly involved in the AT&T bidding process
Nextel has NOT  made a bid for AT&T wireless as of  17:28 Hrs,,,,,,,,,,

Doug wrote:

> Ã¯Â»Â¿ Hey Everyone, I heard that Nextel bought a LARGE part of AT&T
> Wireless.  Apparently the largest purchase of GSM spectrum space by any
> company ever... Can anyone confirm? I am hoping that this might be in
> preparation to get Nextel to where the other GSM carriers are...  Having REAL
> internet on the phones and all that...
>
> --
>                    Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                        ADVERTISEMENT
                    [Click Here]Click Here

>
>         ---------------------------------------------------------------
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>    * To visit your group on the web, go to:
>    * To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
>    * Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.
>

---

From: "marcel_rf1" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 04:07:45 -0000

Insiders say Vodaphone now has the deal on "LOCK"

Unless cingular finds a key :)

 
Yahoo! Groups Links

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 03:56:38 -0500

Don't believe the hype-
Insiders don't know all

========================

Cingular Won't Raise Bid for AT&T Wireless Above $38B
Monday, Febuary 16, 2004 09:54 PM ET

By Almar Latour, Jesse Drucker, Robin Sidel and David Pringle Staff
Reporters of The Wall Street Journal

NEW YORK -- As the bidding war for AT&T Wireless Services Inc. (AWE,
news) stretched late into the night on Monday, Cingular Wireless
declined to raise its $38 billion offer, according to people familiar
with the matter, The Wall Street Journal has learned.

Though the situation remained fluid, some said Britain's Vodafone
Group PLC (VOD, news) (VOD, news) could go as a high as $39 billion,
or $14.50 a share. That appeared to pave the way for Vodafone emerge
as the likely winner, said people close to both sides.

However, the board of AT&T Wireless, which had spent nearly all day
meeting to pick a winner, had still not made an official announcement
and the carrier was locked in talks with both Cingular and Vodafone
over details of their respective takeover proposals.

Meanwhile, Vodafone has scheduled a board meeting for Tuesday morning,
apparently to discuss the company's latest offer, according to people
familiar with the situation.

Write to By Almar Latour at [email-masked], Jesse Drucker at
[email-masked], Robin Sidel at [email-masked] and David
Pringle at [email-masked]

 
Yahoo! Groups Links