Subject: [NEXTEL-1] US said eyeing push-to-talk wireless competition

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 16:25:17 -0500

US said eyeing push-to-talk wireless competition
 Wednesday February 25, 3:44 pm ET

WASHINGTON, Feb 25 (Reuters) - U.S. antitrust authorities are
investigating the market for walkie-talkie type phone service dominated
by Nextel Communications Inc. (NasdaqNM:NXTL - News), a source familiar
with the probe said on Wednesday.
The Justice Department has requested documents from some
telecommunications companies regarding the business, the source said.

Nextel, the No. 5 U.S. wireless carrier, has been the biggest player in
offering "push-to-talk" service to a lucrative niche market of
construction crews, technicians and government agencies. In August,
Verizon Wireless, the largest U.S. wireless telephone company, launched
a new walkie-talkie phone service.

http://biz.yahoo.com/rc/040225/telecoms_nextel_antitrust_1.html
--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/