Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Bill Gates sells 4 million shares from Nextel Partners stake

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 04:49:39 -0500

Business Digest
Gates sells 4 million shares from Nextel Partners stake

NEW YORK — Microsoft Chairman Bill
Gates sold 4 million shares in Nextel
Partners, almost a third of his stake in
the company, which sells
wireless-telephone service in small and medium-size markets in 31 U.S.
states.

Gates' investment arm, Cascade Investment, sold 4 million shares of
Nextel
Partners in the fourth quarter and currently holds 8.73 million shares,
for a
4.8 percent stake, according to a filing Tuesday with the Securities and

Exchange Commission.

Kirkland-based Nextel Partners is 32 percent owned by Virginia-based
Nextel Communications.

Gates has seen the value of his stake rise even as the number of shares
fell
because of a rise in Nextel Partners stock. The investment was worth
$117.4 million at the end of December, up $17.2 million from September.

The company's stock rose 71 percent in the fourth quarter to $13.45 and
more than doubled in 2003. They are down from a high of $40.13 in March

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/businesstechnology/2001860551_bizbriefs19.html

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/