Subject: [NEXTEL-1] FCC- 02/12/2004

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 17:55:34 -0500

FCC INTERNET POLICY WORKING GROUP TO HOLD FIRST "SOLUTIONS SUMMIT" ON
THURSDAY, MARCH 18, 2004.   Meeting will focus on 911/E911 issues
associated with Internet-based communications services..  News Release.
News Media Contact: Meribeth McCarrick at (202) 418-0654  OSP. Contact
Robert Pepper at (202) 418-2030 or Jeff Carlisle at (202) 418-1500
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-243851A1.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-243851A1.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-243851A1.txt> 

 AMENDMENT OF PART 2 TO REALIGN THE 76-81 GHZ BAND AND THE FREQUENCY
RANGE ABOVE 95 GHZ AND TO ALLOCATE ADDITIONAL SPECTRUM TO THE
INTERSATELLITE, FIXED, AND MOBILE SERVICES AND TO PERMIT UNLICENSED
DEVICES TO USE CERTAIN SEGMENTS IN VARIOUS BANDS.   Reallocated spectrum
to conform the U.S. Table of Frequency Allocations with recent changes
to the International Table of Frequency Allocations maintained by the
ITU. (Dkt No.  99-261, 03-102). Action by:  the Commission. Adopted:
02/04/2004 by R&O. (FCC No. 04-20).  OET
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/FCC-04-20A1.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/FCC-04-20A2.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/FCC-04-20A1.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/FCC-04-20A2.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/FCC-04-20A1.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/FCC-04-20A2.txt> 

 REVIEW OF QUIET ZONES APPLICATION PROCEDURES.   Adopted rules for
streamlining requirements for applications affecting Quiet Zones, while
protecting these sensitive areas from harmful interference. (Dkt No.
01-319). Action by:  the Commission. Adopted:  02/04/2004 by R&O. (FCC
No. 04-23).  WTB
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/FCC-04-23A1.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/FCC-04-23A1.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/FCC-04-23A1.txt> 

 MILWAUKEE METROPOLITAN SEWERAGE DISTRICT, REQUEST FOR WAIVER TO ALLOW
FIXED OPERATIONS ON A PRIMARY BASIS IN THE 450-470 MHZ BAND.   Granted
Request for Waiver with conditions. Action by:  Chief, Public Safety and
Critical Infrastructure Division, Wireless Telecommunications Bureau.
Adopted:  02/11/2004 by ORDER. (DA No. 04-353).  WTB
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-04-353A1.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-04-353A1.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-04-353A1.txt> 

 THE NEW YORK STOCK EXCHANGE, INC., APPLICATION AND REQUEST FOR WAIVER
FOR AUTHORITY TO OPERATE A PAGING SYSTEM IN NEW YORK CITY, NY, ON
FREQUENCIES 151.190 MHZ, 151.220 MHZ, 151.400 MHZ, 159.285 MHZ, AND
159.420 MHZ.   Granted the Request for Waiver. Action by:  Chief, Public
Safety and Critical Infrastructure Division, Wireless Telecommunications
Bureau. Adopted:  02/10/2004 by ORDER. (DA No. 04-342).  WTB
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-04-342A1.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-04-342A1.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-04-342A1.txt> 

 AMENDMENT OF PARTS 13 AND 80 OF THE COMMISSION'S RULES CONCERNING
MARITIME COMMUNICATIONS; PETITION FOR RULE MAKING FILED BY GLOBE
WIRELESS, INC.; AND AMENDMENT OF THE COMMISSION'S RULES CONCERNING
MARITIME COMMUNICATIONS.   Amended the Commission rules to update and
streamline Part 80 of the Maritime Radio Services. Second R&O; Sixth
R&O; and Second FNPRM. (Dkt No.  92-257, 00-48). Action by:  the
Commission. Adopted:  01/08/2004 by R&O. (FCC No. 04-3).  WTB
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/FCC-04-3A1.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/FCC-04-3A1.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/FCC-04-3A1.txt> 

 BIENNIAL REGULATORY REVIEW OF PART 22 - AMENDMENT OF PART 22 OF THE
COMMISSION'S RULES TO MODIFY OR ELIMINATE OUTDATED RULES AFFECTING THE
CELLULAR RADIOTELEPHONE SERVICE AND OTHER COMMERCIAL MOBILE RADIO
SERVICES.   Affirmed the decision to establish a five-year sunset period
for the removal of the FCC's requirement that cellular carriers provide
analog service. (Dkt No.  01-108). Action by:  the Commission. Adopted:
02/04/2004 by Order on Reconsideration. (FCC No. 04-22).  WTB
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/FCC-04-22A1.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/FCC-04-22A2.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/FCC-04-22A1.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/FCC-04-22A2.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/FCC-04-22A1.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/FCC-04-22A2.txt> 
ADDENDA:  THE FOLLOWING ITEMS, RELEASED FEBRUARY 11, 2004, DID NOT
APPEAR IN DIGEST NO. 28:

FEBRUARY 12, 2004.   Federal Communications Commission Open Meeting is
rescheduled from 9:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-243828A1.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-243828A1.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-243828A1.txt> 

 TESTIMONY OF COMMISSIONER MICHAEL J. COPPS, BEFORE THE SENATE COMMITTEE
ON COMMERCE, SCIENCE, AND TRANSPORTATION; AND HOUSE ENERGY AND COMMERCE
COMMITTEE, SUBCOMMITTEE ON TELECOMMUNICATIONS AND THE INTERNET by
Statement.  CMMR
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-243790A1.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-243790A2.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-243790A3.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-243790A1.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-243790A2.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-243790A3.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-243790A1.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-243790A2.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-243790A3.txt> 

 TESTIMONY OF CHAIRMAN MICHAEL K. POWELL BEFORE THE U.S. SENATE
COMMITTEE ON COMMERCE, SCIENCE, AND TRANSPORTATION; AND HOUSE ENERGY AND
COMMERCE COMMITTEE, SUBCOMMITTEE ON TELECOMMUNICATIONS AND THE INTERNET.
Washington, DC by Statement.  OCH
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-243802A1.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-243802A2.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-243802A3.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-243802A1.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-243802A2.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-243802A3.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-243802A1.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-243802A2.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-243802A3.txt>

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Send the freshest Valentine's flowers with a FREE vase from only $29.99!
Shipped direct from the grower with a 7 day freshness guarantee and prices so low you save 30-55% off retail!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/_iAw9B/xdlHAA/3jkFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/