Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel Intercept-

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 02:47:49 -0500

Nextel Intercept-
W. Norriton pizza shop opens with a bust
Ft. Washington Montgomery Newspapers, PA - Feb 13, 2004

By: Katie O'Connor
02/13/2004

Two county detectives were among the first customers at Burnside Pizza and
Grill's grand opening in West Norriton Feb. 2. They enjoyed a slice of pizza and
a soda before arresting the owners, Robert C. McCulligan and Timothy Einsig, on
cocaine trafficking charges, Montgomery County District Attorney Bruce L. Castor
Jr.  said.
"We knew they would use the business to launder money for their cocaine sales,"
Castor said.

McCulligan, 35, of the 2000 block of West Main Street, West Norriton, and
Einsig, 26, of the 900 block of Penn Circle, King of Prussia, were arraigned
before District Justice Albert Augustine on charges of criminal conspiracy and
drug violations. McCulligan's bail was set at $2 million cash and Einsig's is $1
million cash.  Castor explained that county detectives have been "keeping their
eye" on McCulligan since his release from federal prison in April and were able
to listen in on cell phone and Nextel conversations.
McCulligan and Einsig received about 100 phone calls a day, Castor said, and 80
were drug related.

"We can intercept conversations through Nextel's Direct Connect feature," he
said.  Those calls were tracked in Hershey with the assistance of the Dauphin
County District Attorney's Office, Castor added.
And what about the people who bought cocaine from the suspects or assisted the
suspects in selling?
"I suggest they contact our office before detectives come calling with arrest
warrants in hand," Castor said.
According to McCulligan's criminal complaint, a confidential informant had told
detectives McCulligan had moved from his apartment on the first block of
Schuylkill Avenue in West Norriton, but his new address was not known.
Detectives arranged for McCulligan's federal probation officer to set up a
meeting with him in Philadelphia and detectives intended on being at the
location to follow McCulligan to his new address.

After the meeting, they followed McCulligan - who was driving a black 1999 Ford
Mustang - to a storage unit at Storage USA in Plymouth, where he stayed for
approximately five minutes.

In the affidavit of probable cause, Montgomery County Detective A.J. Spagnoletti
explained that "experienced, savvy drug traffickers" like McCulligan do not keep
their drug supply on them because it is too risky.

Spagnoletti concluded McCulligan would get his cocaine supply for customers,
make the delivery and return any leftover cocaine and possible proceeds to the
unit. It is theorized that McCulligan did this to minimize his risk of being
caught with drugs by police, officials said.

Detectives were able to obtain activity records for the storage unit and
concluded McCulligan and his female associate entered the unit 44 times in 29
days between Sept. 12, 2003, and Oct. 13, 2003. From Oct. 15, 2003, to Nov. 12,
2003, the unit was accessed 11 times, and the average time spent inside was six
minutes.  Through searches and investigation, authorities seized 7 pounds of
cocaine, 1 pound of marijuana, more than $100,000 cash and four cars from areas
where McCulligan and Einsig lived or frequented.
Castor said that Einsig called his girlfriend from prison Feb. 3, told her to go
to the pizza shop in West Norriton and get the money that was in an Ellio's
Pizza box. However, county detectives got there first and found $17,000 in the
box.  Throughout several months of investigation and surveillance, detectives
say they saw Einsig with McCulligan going in and out of the West Norriton pizza
shop and Einsig allegedly made drug deals with McCulligan present. It is further
alleged that Einsig stored cocaine in his storage locker.
Detectives report they determined McCulligan, his female associate and Einsig
maintained, stored, packaged and/or sold illegal drugs from the following
locations:

Burnside Pizza & Grill Restaurant, 2111 W. Main St., Jeffersonville; 2028 W.
Main St, McCulligan's apartment; 961 Penn Circle, King of Prussia, Einsig's
apartment; storage units in Storage USA; and residences on the 600 block of
Clover Lane, Plymouth and the 1300 block of Berks Street, Philadelphia - both
homes of relatives of McCulligan or his close associates.
It is also alleged the suspects had no legitimate source of income but used
their proceeds from drug trafficking to rent, refurbish and stock the Burnside
Pizza and Grill.

http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?BRD=1306&dept_id=187828&newsid=10966223&PAG=461&rfi=9

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/