Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Wireless Design Online Newsletter

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 13:39:55 -0500

================================================================
Wireless Design Online Newsletter - http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com
Thursday, February 19, 2004
================================================================

------------------------------------- 
FEATURED ARTICLES
-------------------------------------  

1) Skyworks Introduces World's Smallest GSM/GPRS Quad-Band Direct
Conversion Transceiver
2) RadioScape Creates Tri-band Ultra Compact Micromodule for DAB
Handhelds
3) MultiBand OFDM Alliance Members to Formalize Industry Working Group

---------------------------------------

1) Skyworks Introduces World's Smallest GSM/GPRS Quad-Band Direct
Conversion Transceiver

Skyworks Solutions has unveiled the world's smallest GSM/GPRS quad-band
direct conversion transceiver (DCR). The new 6mm x 6mm SKY74117 DCR
incorporates all the required functionality in a single chip that is
roughly one-fourth the size of a postage stamp...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/73899/793725

2) RadioScape Creates Tri-band Ultra Compact Micromodule for DAB
Handhelds

RadioScape has released details of the latest addition to its family of
software defined modules for DAB. The new RadioScape RS250H is the
world's first, fully integrated, tri-band micromodule, supporting FM,
RDS, Band III DAB, and L-Band DAB, that enables handheld radio receivers
to be made and used anywhere in the world...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/73900/793725

3) MultiBand OFDM Alliance Members to Formalize Industry Working Group

The Multi-Band OFDM Alliance (MBOA) has announced plans to formalize its
status as a formal Special Interest Group. By formalizing as a SIG, the
MBOA puts in place additional structure to more fully harness the
contributions of its membership...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/73901/793725

------------------------------------- 
FEATURED PRODUCTS
-------------------------------------
  
1) Cellular Isolator
2) Quartz Crystal Filter
3) Eyelet-style Filters

---------------------------------------

1) Cellular Isolator

DiTom's Cellular Isolator D3I0890N features:
- Frequency: 800-900 MHz.
- Isolation: 23 Typ., 20 Min.
Insertion Loss: .3 Typ., .4 Max.
- More...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/73902/793725

2) Quartz Crystal Filter

Corning's Crystal Filter is an electric wave filter employing
piezo-electric crystals for its reactive elements. In general, filters
can be provided in a number of differing topologies, including bandpass,
band reject or notch, low pass, and high pass. Downloadable product
catalog available...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/73903/793725

3) Eyelet-style Filters

Corry Micronics' filter pins come in a range of values up to 5,000pF in
.090 diameter and are available in "C" and "Pi" configurations. Other
sizes are available upon request. Downloadable product datasheets
available...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/73904/793725

-------------------------------------
INDUSTRY EVENTS
-------------------------------------

12th Annual Wireless Systems Design Conference & Expo
March 8-10, 2004, San Diego Convention Center

Join us for WSD 2004 in the heart of Southern California and the
epicenter of wireless systems design. Delving into the technical details
of what today's wireless engineer needs to know to be successful, WSD
explores the technology of the traditional wireless staple -- the cell
phone -- but also examines base stations, software defined radios,
antennas, digital signal processors, and the wireless Internet. For more
information, visit:
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/73905/793725

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/