Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel "Lawyers-Up" For DOJ Anti-Trust Investigation

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 04:28:52 -0500

Nextel "Lawyers-Up" For DOJ Anti-Trust Investigation
Nextel Has Hired Antitrust Lawyers Arquit, Halverson (Kevin Arquit )

Nextel, Motorola Hire Lawyers Arquit, Halverson (Update2)
February 27, 2004 16:16 EST -- Nextel Communications Inc. and Motorola
Inc., faced with a government investigation into a push- to-talk
wireless phone service they dominate, hired antitrust lawyers at Simpson
Thacher & Bartlett and Steptoe & Johnson LLP, people familiar with the
matter said.

http://quote.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=conews&tkr=NXTL:US

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 04:44:38 -0500

Back in the day I worked with a detective who's opening line to Perps
durning integration was:

                                           ~"If You Didn't Do Anything Wrong
Why Do You Need A Lawyer Son?"

---

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 05:13:02 -0500

Kevin Arquit-

Kevin Arquit- Is a heavy hitter in Anti-Trust. He was the director of the
Bureau of Competition of the Federal Trade Commission
before becoming a partner at the firm of Simpson, Thacher and Bartlett.
Arquit, who was making at least $3 million a year at Clifford Chance, took a
pay cut to join Simpson Thacher (Insiders say profits per partner are at
least $1.69 million at Thacher). Arquit books $20M-$30M per year in
Anti-trust work and is having a banner year so far and Nextel's business
will help boost that number. Arquit Bills out at approx. $2500 per hour,
plus a slew of support staff which can bring the total to $4000-$5000 Per
hour

He has handled AT cases for many Fortune 500 Companies including :

   * Master Card
   * MTV
   * Hoffmann LaRoche

Looks like Nextel did a least one thing right..............

---

From: "Rik Rasmussen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 09:20:24 -0500

integration ?

  -----Original Message-----
  From: Marcelrf [mailto:[email-masked]]
  Sent: Saturday, February 28, 2004 4:45 AM
  To: [email-masked]
  Subject: Re: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel "Lawyers-Up" For DOJ Anti-Trust
Investigation

  Back in the day I worked with a detective who's opening line to Perps
durning integration was:
                                             ~"If You Didn't Do Anything
Wrong Why Do You Need A Lawyer Son?"

  Marcelrf wrote:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
--
  Yahoo! Groups Links

    a.. To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

    b.. To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email-masked]

    c.. Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.

---

From: "marcel_rf1" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 20:53:13 -0000

oppps!

interrogation

--- In [email-masked], "Rik Rasmussen" <hrasmussen@n...> wrote:
>   From: Marcelrf [mailto:Marcelrf@B...]

 
Yahoo! Groups Links