Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Microsoft warns of major flaw, patch available ...]

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 04:22:49 -0500

-------- Original Message --------
From: "jon baer" <[email-masked]>
Subject:  Microsoft warns of major flaw, patch available ...

while not really a security list here ... people hopping onto public
networks should be aware of widespread security issues ...

http://www.securityfocus.com/news/8003
http://news.com.com/2100-7355_3-5156647.html

-snip-
The latest flaw exists in Microsoft's implementation of a basic networking
protocol known as Abstract Syntax Notation One, or ASN.1. The code is shared
by many Windows applications, and if left unpatched, it causes each program
that uses the code to be an entry point into the operating system for an
attacker.
-snip-

id suggest anyone running windows to patch up ...

- jon

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/