Subject: [NEXTEL-1] FCC chairman to tour 911 center in Mission

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 17:15:29 -0500

Posted on Thu, Feb. 19, 2004

FCC chairman to tour 911 center in Mission

By NICK KOWALCZYK

The Kansas City Star

Michael Powell, chairman of the Federal Communications Commission, is to
tour Johnson County's 911 call center in Mission this afternoon.

Powell wants to review how the center processes the location of callers
who use cell phones, said Lisa Durand, director of the Emergency
Communications Center, 6000 Lamar Ave.

The center, called a Public Safety Answering Point, is part of the
Mid-America Regional Council, a five-county coordinating agency that
handles nearly 2 million emergency calls each year in the Kansas City
area.
To reach Nick Kowalczyk, call (816) 234-7716 or send e-mail to
[email-masked].

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/7990376.htm
--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/