Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Stearns County, MN accepted a $3 million state grant to hook-up to the state's 800 MHz telecommunications network.

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 00:50:56 -0500

Paynesville Press - February 04, 2004
Stearns County, MN accepted a $3 million state grant to hook-up to the state's
800 MHz telecommunications network.

<SNIP>.
*The commissioners agreed to move ahead with a project that would update
communication tools for the county's emergency responders. Stearns County
accepted a $3 million state grant that would begin the process of preparing the
county for hook-up to the state's 800 MHz telecommunications network.

Currently, emergency personnel use phones or radio systems that can be
unreliable during an emergency and don't allow responders to communicate with
others outside their agency. For example, there isn't the capability for Stearns
County Sheriff Deputies to talk with the St. Cloud Fire Department. This often
is the single most important problem during a disaster or emergency.

In Stearns County, there are five radio communications towers that serve 15
police departments, 26 fire departments, and four ambulance services. The
state's system allows all responders statewide to talk with each other.

This $3 million grant will cover some initial costs to build the basic
infrastructure and upgrade the 9-1-1 equipment at the dispatch center. There
will be additional costs as the county continues to switch over to this system.
http://www.paynesvillearea.com/news/HeadlinesArticles/0204countycommish.html
--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Send the freshest Valentine's flowers with a FREE vase from only $29.99!
Shipped direct from the grower with a 7 day freshness guarantee and prices so low you save 30-55% off retail!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/_iAw9B/xdlHAA/3jkFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/