Subject: [NEXTEL-1] AIM Wireless Solution Identifies RF Interference in Seconds Across Collocated Sites and Rooftops.

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 04:50:35 -0500

AIM Wireless Solution Identifies RF Interference in Seconds Across Collocated
Sites and Rooftops.
Business Wire, Jan 20, 2003

Business Editors & Telecommunications Writers
VIENNA, Va.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jan. 20, 2003

AIM InterMod 60(TM) Predicts and Resolves Problematic External and
Internal RF Interference Issues in 2G, 2.5G and 3G Networks

AIM Wireless, a wireless communications company that harnesses the combined
power of RF engineering services and software to improve the quality and
predictability of 2G, 2.5G and 3G networks, today introduced the AIM InterMod
60(TM) RF interference management system.

AIM InterMod 60 supports all air interfaces such as AM/FM, SMR, iDEN, CDMA,
UMTS, GSM, IS136 and GPRS/EDGE, and is uniquely capable of rapidly, accurately
and comprehensively identifying existing and potential sources of interference
across collocated sites and rooftops.

AIM InterMod 60 identifies external and internal interference including
intermodulation, receiver desensitization, transmitter noise, harmonics and
spurious output in seconds. Through unparalleled speed, AIM InterMod 60 is the
first solution that can be applied out in the field during network optimization,
enabling carriers to predict patterns of interference and enhance wideband
services and spectrum efficiency.

"Interference is continually being introduced into the wireless network with
potentially numerous external and internal sources acting simultaneously on the
system," said Ahmad Malkawi, president and CEO of AIM Wireless. "To keep pace in
this dynamic environment, solutions need to identify interference essentially as
it occurs. In as little as a few seconds, AIM InterMod 60 pinpoints interference
and is ideally suited to help eliminate interference problems in existing sites
and prevent interference from occurring in future sites through fast simulation
analysis."

AIM InterMod 60 provides a comprehensive database, easily accessible via
pull-down menus, consisting of libraries for antenna gain patterns,
filters/multicouplers, base station equipment, frequencies and bandwidths. Data
can also be scanned into the database from a wide variety of devices or by
importing tab-delimited text.
AIM InterMod 60 covers a frequency range from 1kHz to 100 GHz and considers all
channels in the bandwidth eliminating the need for channel clipping and
assumptions about frequency hits. Additional features and capabilities include:

-- Considers thousands of transmitted and received frequencies
-- Provides database of antenna patterns (receiver and transmitter antenna)
-- Calculates horizontal separation
-- Calculates vertical separation
-- Provides analysis of simple and complex systems including up to 30 towers in
multi-tower environments and up to 120 carriers per rooftop
-- Performs near field calculations based on cylindrical model
-- Performs far field calculations that consider antenna patterns
-- Provides flexible propagation model with enhanced correction factors
-- Considers receiver and transmitter filters
-- Enables users to adjust transmitted powers

About AIM Wireless
AIM Wireless leverages the combined power of RF engineering services and
software enabling carriers and tower owners to solve the most challenging
network problems. AIM Wireless utilizes proven technologies and a team of highly
skilled engineers to eliminate interference and other critical issues -- quickly
and cost-effectively. AIM Wireless is headquartered in Vienna, Virginia and is
located on the Web at www.aimws.com

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/