Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Harris County, TX. Regional Radio Center

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 23:27:36 -0500

Radio Services Guide

The Harris County Regional Radio Center manages over 11,000 user device
ID's for Harris County
departments, and for Outside agencies with "interlocal agreements". 102
departments utilize 639 talkgroups
(radio channel equivalencies) on the current system at this time. This
includes 40 Harris County Departments
and 62 Qualified Agencies.  Of these, 60 are Law Enforcement and 42 are
Non-Law Enforcement. Additionally,
radio IDs and talkgroups for Chambers County, the City of Houston, City
of Pasadena, Brazoria County, League
City, Missouri City and Fort Bend County have been coordinated by Harris
County Regional Radio Center to
permit compatibility between systems for future regional communications
utilizing Smart Zone Technology.
Fifteen (15) data stations (2 data stations per tower site with 3 data
stations at the Wells Fargo site) are also in
operation to support Mobile Data Terminal (MDT) communications for law
enforcement and other qualified
departments or agencies.

The following services are provided by Regional Radio Center  in the
operation and management of the "Harris
County Radio System".

New or additional radios are provided to Harris County departments based
on justifiable requests
and availability.  Requests for radios must be made in writing to Steven
W. Jennings, Executive
Director of the Central Technology Center (CTC), 406 Caroline, 4th
Floor, Houston, Texas 77002.
Requests are evaluated and honored when possible. A standardized radio
program is designed to
meet the needs of the requesting department. Radios are then purchased,
inventoried,
programmed, scheduled for installation or issued, installed, and
maintained by the Regional Radio
Center.

Temporary loaner radios are provided to Harris County Departments to
meet special radio needs
which are temporary in nature; such as, coordinated police events,
and/or election activities.
Arrangements are made by calling Radio Communications Services at
713-755-6037 during
normal duty hours. Special emergencies such as storms, tornadoes,
hurricanes, floods, or
man-made disasters will receive focused attention and special provisions
will be made regardless
of the time of day or night.

Qualified Agencies may request access to the 800 MHz Radio System.
Requesting agencies
must first enter into a standard Interlocal Agreement (ILA) with Harris
County. This ILA is drafted
by the Harris County Attorneys’ Office and forwarded to the specified
outside agency for approval
by its management. The ILA is then returned to Harris County for legal
review and submitted to
Commissioner’s Court for final approval. After approval, radios must be
purchased and/or leased
by the outside agency to comply with all technical standards developed
by Harris County for use
on the Radio System. Unless otherwise specified, each agency must
maintain all aspects of its
radios, except for programming. All radios on the system must be
programmed by the Regional
Radio Center.

All inventory, maintenance, and FCC licensing records are maintained by
Harris County Regional
Radio Center.   Monthly repair summaries and records are provided to the
Harris County Auditor’s
Office and to each county department which received services during the
report month.  The Harris
County Auditor will handle the invoicing to the agencies.

Lost or stolen radios are disabled remotely by Radio Communications
Services. If a radio is
determined to be missing, call 713-755-6037 during normal business
hours, or call the Harris
County Service Assistant at 713-755-5000 after normal duty hours. A
Harris County Regional
Radio Center employee will process the information and communications
will be disabled to and
from the lost or stolen radio.

The Harris County CTC Radio Smart Zone Trunking System operates as a
CLOSED RADIO NETWORK only Authorized Users are allowed access to this
Network.
http://www.ctc.co.harris.tx.us/trsradio/rsg.htm

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/