Subject: [NEXTEL-1] CWA Supports Cingular’s Bid for AT&T Wireless

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 14:39:55 -0500

CWA Supports Cingular’s Bid for AT&T Wireless
Cingular Wireless’ bid to try and buy AT&T Wireless is being supported fully by
the
Communications Workers of America (CWA). The CWA released a statement on
Tuesday saying the acquisition would create an excellent match that will benefit

shareholders of both companies. With the recent news of rival bids by such
operators as Vodafone, the CWA is urging the half-million CWA members and
retirees who hold AT&T Wireless stock as well as major pension funds and
investment groups, to support a deal with Cingular. CWA’s president says this is
the
only potential merger that creates the necessary scale to compete in the U.S.
wireless marketplace and that Cingular's bid promises a clean, one-step
transaction that will receive speedy regulatory approval. (Source: Dow Jones)

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Send the freshest Valentine's flowers with a FREE vase from only $29.99!
Shipped direct from the grower with a 7 day freshness guarantee and prices so low you save 30-55% off retail!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/_iAw9B/xdlHAA/3jkFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/