Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Nokia 5140 Mobile Phone Adds Mobility to Outdoor Adventure

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 20:29:00 -0500

Nokia 5140 Mobile Phone Adds Mobility to Outdoor Adventure
Wednesday, 4th February, 2004

Highlighted by a digital compass, integrated camera, and Fitness Coach
application, the Nokia 5140 phone offers athletes,
outdoor adventurers, and fitness enthusiasts a means of staying connected.
Additionally, the Nokia 5140 phone complements
an active lifestyle with a range of sport and fitness features and products,
such as the Nokia Fitness Monitor which was also
launched today. Nokia’s first GSM push to talk handset, the triband Nokia 5140
phone is planned to be available in all major
markets during the 2nd quarter of 2004.

Outdoor Adventure

Whether you’re into orienteering or you simply enjoy weekend treks, the Nokia
5140 phone offers the tools needed to keep
users oriented on the trail. In addition to an integrated digital compass, the
Nokia 5140 phone features a built-in flashlight to
help guide the way. Also introduced today was the Nokia Xpress-on™ GPS shell
that offers GPS functions like trip computer,
route guidance, tracking and saving of waypoints integrated into the phone
shell. Sold separately, the Nokia Xpress-on™ GPS
shell includes a map-based Travel Guide application for route guidance, points
of interest and downloadable maps.

With the simple push of a button, trekkers can connect with friends or
team-mates by using the push to talk feature for quick
voice communications. Similar to a “walkie-talkie”, push to talk can be used
over the GSM network to quickly connect the
Nokia 5140 phone user to one person, or to a group of people, simply by using
the convenient side-mounted key.
The Nokia 5140 phone also includes an integrated VGA camera to snap and send
scenic images encountered while on the trail.
The sequential shot feature allows for a rapid sequence of shots with one touch.

Nokia 5140 phone owners looking for outdoor activities at various destinations
in Europe can consult their Lonely Planet Guide
- a downloadable Java application that can be purchased at nokia.com/shop - for
information on outdoor-related places to go
and points of interest related to trekking, biking or surfing. Sports
enthusiasts can sample the headlines and video highlights of
their favourite team on Eurosport News or take part in the action by downloading
a sport-themed game from Eurosport.
Health and Fitness

The Nokia 5140 phone features a durable dust, bump and splash-resistant housing
that allows it to keep up with demanding
users, but its active nature is more than just skin deep. For the fitness
enthusiast, a new Fitness Coach feature can actually
assist in preparing and monitoring customized programs for weight control,
strength, endurance and fitness.

Health and fitness enthusiasts wanting more accurate data on work-outs or even
everyday activities will be interested in the
new Nokia Fitness Monitor, a stand-alone device which snaps conveniently onto
your waistband or belt, tracks activity level
and monitors calorie consumption. Users can predefine their own fitness goals
and the Nokia Fitness Monitor will notify them
when their target has been reached. When the Nokia Fitness Monitor is connected
to the Nokia 5140 phone (or other
compatible phone) via infrared, the information is transferred to a Fitness
Coach diary in the phone for storage and follow up.
Additional fitness-related functionality of the Nokia 5140 phone is an interval
timer and stopwatch for keeping track of workout
routines and an integrated FM radio to help make time go by even faster. The
Nokia Activity Headset provides convenient
wearability while on the move. The Nokia Activity Headset features one button to
answer and end calls and another that can
be used to activate the push to talk capability connection to a group stored in
the phone.

Also announced today, the optional Nokia Activity Handsfree, enables handsfree
call management and improves the protection
against splashes, sand and dust when outdoors, while biking, for example. In
addition to receiving calls, the built-in speaker
and microphone makes it possible to listen to music or the radio from a
compatible Nokia phone.
Further, the Nokia 5140 phone is compatible with two recently announced products
from Polar Electro, the Polar S25X and the
Polar S725.

Along with its unique lifestyle features, the Nokia 5140 phone also has a
generous complement of the latest mobile features.
Multimedia messaging capability allows for the sending and receiving of images,
sounds and text. The Nokia 5140 phone also
supports downloadable polyphonic ring tones, custom wallpapers and Java™
applications to customize the handset. For
additional personalization, optional Xpress-on™ shells are available in four
fashionable color combination schemes.

http://www.hardwarezone.com/news/view.php?cid=10&id=14201

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/