Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Needed - Special Projects Engineer

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 02:46:35 -0500

Special Projects Engineer

Job summary
ABOUT US:

Telephone Systems International (TSI) is a resale service provider
with its own international gateway switch in the United States,
and is licensed by the Federal Communications Commission of the
USA to provide phone service between the USA and international
points. TSI, a privately held company, is registered in New Jersey
in June 1998, and headquartered in New York, NY. TSI was
founded by Afghan emigre.

Telephone Systems International Inc, Afghanistan became a
member of the GSM Association at Plenary meeting in April 2002
in Rome, Italy.

More
information
Special Projects Engineer

JOB DESCRIPTION:

Key Responsibilities

Responsible for overall project related implementation of all
approved hardware (desktops, laptops, printers, scanners,
mouse, keyboard, monitors, copiers, fax machines, switches,
hubs, routers, firewalls, cabling, wireless bridges/routers,
antennas, external drives and other peripherals) and software
components (Windows 2000 Professional, Windows XP, MS
Office 2000, MS Projects, MS Exchange (Outlook, Outlook
Express and Web Access), MS Access, MS SQL Server 2000,
Veritas backup solution, MS ISA Server, Windows 2000 Server,
IIS, DNS, Web development and Web hosting, I/O sub-sytems
solutions, fiber optics and Fibre Channle, SAN and NAS,
Database design and Administration, Access Server, RADIUS,
Security (IPSec, VPN, IDS, PKI), VoIP, and related environments of
AWCC's Local Area Network in Kabul and other regional offices
all across Afghanistan.

MAIN ACCOUNTABILITIES

Project Manages all project assigned by senior management and
other IT groups by utilizing MS Projects

Experienced in applying extensive knowledge of operational
systems, integration technologies and methods, and presentation
of certain technical topics for his/her management and team
members

Adhere to and enforce company and IT policies and procedures
all across AWCC by supporting audits and carrying out risk
analysis projects

Responsible for working with other IT groups/teams to support,
align, coordinate, and training activities

Responsible for training and mentoring other new AWCC Special

Projects Engineers

Receives assignments in the form of objectives towards short
and long-range goals and objectives. Work is reviewed in terms
of meeting IT specific deliverables

Supports efforts to ensure technology direction is adopted
across IT

Applies IT best practices in carrying out his/her duties
Provides monthly reports to his/her immediate supervisor
Responsible for being on time to work consistently and being
flexible to support projects that require off hours activities
Responsible for working in a team environment and respecting
the rights and privacy of team members, and acting in the most
courteous way with the all team members

Interfaces with all levels of IT and other departments in all areas
of the company.

Responsible for providing 2nd level support to other IT groups
Apply good analytic process to any issue to help come to
resolution

Accountable to senior management to ensure project
commitments and deliverables are met.
Recommends and initiates projects to benefit IT and
cross-department and AWCC wide objectives.
Identify and document design and architecture best practices for
global adoption.

REQUIREMENTS:
Must have a background in planning, installing, administering and
trouble-shooting the Microsoft Windows NT and/or Windows
2000 and MS ISA.

Must have Experience and familiarity with products such as
Microsoft Exchange, SQL Server and Internet Information Server,
and Veritas Backup Exec. Or Netbackup

Must have a background in configuring, assembling, integrating
and trouble-shooting high-end Intel-based server products
(preferably Dell product line)

Familiarity and knowledge of and peripherals like automated tape
libraries, storage arrays, console switches and power systems.
Must have a strong background with TCP/IP and related protocols
such as DHCP, WINS, DNS, SMTP, POP3, and SNMP; and
networking products such as Ethernet hubs and switches, IP
routers and firewalls, modems, ISDN equipment and services,
T1/T3 circuits.

Must possess a very good knowledge of TCP/IP
Extensive knowledge of Security best practices and solutions
including (IPSec, VPN, IDS, PGP, Encryption and PKI) is preferred
and is a big plus

Education:Bachelor's or undergraduate degree in Computer
Science, Information Systems, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
experience is Preferred.

Professional certification (e.g., MS SQL DBA, Oracle DBA, Cisco,
Microsoft, Sun, Dell, etc.) a must

Job Type
Permanent - Full-time
Start date
ASAP
Country / City
Afghanistan - Kabul
Salary details
Expat Salary: DOE
Skills
required

Agency
Telephone Systems International, Inc.
Contact name
Denise Mohansingh
Contact
phone
1-201-302-0406 fax
Contact
e-mail
[email-masked]
Web site
www.telsysint.com
Agency
Address
Job
reference
02170303
Job posted
17th February 2004

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/