Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Problem with channel verification in a hopping network

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 16:27:16 -0500

-------- Original Message --------
From: "vishal  rattanpal" <[email-masked]>
Subject:Problem with channel verification in a hopping network

Hi Friends,

I am stuck in a typical problem, may be some of you could provide a
solution.
It is related with conducting Channel Verification (TimeSlot Testing)
Using Tems Investigation in a Frequency Hopping GSM Network.

Now i am using SFH with the Basic planning that Site has a Single HSN
for all the Carriers and all Carriers are Identified by the MAIO.

The Hopping Sequence goes from 18 to 40.

Now the Problem starts here..
The Tems Investigation Needs BCCH ARFCN and TCH ARFCN as input for
Channel Verification.

Now when i want to test all the carriers of a Sector I ofcourse have the
BCCH  but what should i enter in the field of TCH ARFCN?

Because the only information that i have for the Hopping Carrier is the
Hopping Sequence , HSN and MAIO.

I have tried assigning individual ARFCNs from the Hopping Sequence in
the TCH ARFCN window and the test does work too but it is not informing
about the identity of the Carrier.

Please let me know if some one finds a solution for the above problem

Regards
Vishal Rattanpal

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/