Subject: [NEXTEL-1] SPAWAR Selects the Aegis SafetyNet Radio Bridge and Mobile Command Post for Demonstration

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 11:01:50 -0500

February 06, 2004 08:46 AM US Eastern Timezone

SPAWAR Selects the Aegis SafetyNet Radio Bridge and Mobile Command Post for
Demonstration

SCOTTSDALE, Ariz.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Feb. 6, 2004--Aegis Assessments, Inc.
(OTCBB:AGSI) announced today that it has been selected to demonstrate its
wireless communication products to United States government representatives at
the Space and Naval Warfare Systems Center in San Diego, California (SPAWAR) as
part of its continuing initiative to meet the demand for interoperable
communications systems being overseen by the Department of Homeland Security
(DHS). "We believe our SafetyNet(TM) products will be a big part of the solution
to the communication problems faced by public safety agencies and first
responders," said Aegis' COO, Richard Reincke.

In November 2003 the company responded to a request for information by the
Office for Domestic Preparedness (ODP) for a communications and control system
capable of "handling anti-terrorism activities that are conducted jointly by
local and state law enforcement agencies and first responders." The ODP is the
program office within the DHS responsible for implementing a national program to
enhance the capacity of state and local jurisdictions to respond to, and
mitigate the consequences of, incidents of domestic terrorism. SPAWAR provides
technical support and product acquisition planning for ODP in that mission.

In a November 6, 2003 hearing before the House subcommittee on Technology
Information Policy, Intergovernmental Relations and the Census, lawmakers
expressed impatience with government efforts to make first responders' radios
interoperable. The country's 44,000 federal, state and local rescue agencies
currently use scores of different radio systems on 10 different frequencies.
David Boyd, director of the Wireless Public Safety Interoperable Communications
Program (SAFECOM) at the DHS, has acknowledged that "we need solutions quickly."

According to Aegis COO Reincke, the SafetyNet(TM) Radio Bridge, which
interconnects incompatible radios and bridges them beyond their normal
capabilities, and the SafetyNet(TM) Mobile Command Post, which provides
broadband video, audio and other data, are now ready for delivery to public
safety agencies. The company is currently completing initial quality control
testing of the SafetyNet(TM) Radio Bridge using radios supplied by major public
safety agencies, including the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department, Los
Angeles Police Department, Orange County Sheriff's Department, San Diego County
Sheriff's Department, Los Angeles Fire Department, and Anaheim Fire Department
as it prepares to roll-out the SafetyNet(TM) Radio Bridge nationally.

"We want state and local officials to work with us. They own 95% of the
infrastructure and they're the key to solving this," Boyd said.

About Aegis Assessments, Inc.

Through the SafetyNet(TM) line of products, Aegis provides wireless security
solutions to public safety agencies and commercial security companies for
homeland security and life safety applications. Integrating emergency and life
safety systems available to the public and private sectors is the new challenge
in homeland security that the Company's products and technologies address.

"Safe Harbor Statement" under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of
1995. This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks
and uncertainties. Statements in this press release other than statements of
historical fact are forward-looking statements that are made pursuant to safe
harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995.
Actual results, events and performance could vary materially from those
contemplated by these forward-looking statements. These statements involve known
and unknown risks and uncertainties that may cause the Company's actual results
in future periods to differ materially from results expressed or implied by
forward-looking statements. You should not place undue reliance on
forward-looking statements, because they involve these risks and uncertainties.
You should independently investigate and fully understand all risks before
making investment decisions.

http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/index.jsp?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20040206005229&newsLang=en

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/