Subject: [NEXTEL-1] New Telecommunications iDEN Network to Be Built in JordanBank's $49.4 Million Loan Guarantee Helps Motorola, U.S. Exporters Win Contract

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 00:43:32 -0500

New Telecommunications iDEN Network to Be Built in JordanBank's $49.4
Million Loan Guarantee Helps Motorola, U.S. Exporters Win Contract

WASHINGTON, Feb 24, 2004 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ -- New Generation
Telecommunications Company (New Gen) of Amman, Jordan will build a
nationwide radio dispatch and cellular telecommunications network with
financing from the Export-Import Bank of the United States (Ex-Im Bank).
Ex-Im Bank's $49.4 million loan guarantee will finance the U.S.-made
telecommunications network equipment from Motorola Inc., of Schaumburg,
Ill., and a number of other U.S. exporters and suppliers.
"Jordan's strategic location and important role in the Middle East make
this a particularly noteworthy transaction for U.S. exporters and the
U.S. government to support," Ex-Im Bank Chairman Philip Merrill said.
"This telecommunications network will bring economic and social benefits
to the people of Jordan, while supporting export-dependent jobs at a
dozen U.S. companies."

The $85.4 million project, which includes an Integrated Digital Enhanced
Network, or iDEN, supplied by Motorola, will be the company's first
Middle Eastern network outside of Israel and is to be a model for
selling iDEN networks to neighboring countries. The network features
"push-to-talk" (similar to walkie-talkie) service and mobile telephony,
text messaging, and data services, and is identical to that used for
Nextel networks in the United States, Latin America and other operators
in Asia. The network is to become operational between this spring and
early 2005.

The project is Ex-Im Bank's largest financing in Jordan, and the Bank's
first limited-recourse project financing in the country.

In addition to Motorola, U.S. exporters are Kathrein Inc. Scala
Division, Medford, Ore.; Transistor Devices Inc., Hackettstown, N.J.; K
& L Microwave Inc., Salisbury, Md.; Ditech Communications Corp.,
Mountain View, Calif.; SS8 Networks Inc., San Jose, Calif.; Oracle
Corporation, Bethesda, Md.; Sun Microsystems Inc., Palo Alto, Calif.;
JIT Warehouse Inc., Van Buren, Ark.; and Southern Distribution Telecom,
Santa Teresa, N.M.

Ex-Im Bank this year marks its 70th year of helping finance the sale of
U.S. exports, primarily to emerging markets throughout the world, by
providing loan guarantees, export credit insurance, and direct loans. In
fiscal year 2003, Ex-Im Bank, an independent federal agency, authorized
financing to support $14.3 billion of U.S. exports worldwide. For more
information on Ex-Im Bank and its initiatives to support Iraqi
reconstruction, visit www.exim.gov.

SOURCE Export-Import Bank of the United States

CONTACT: Andrew Yarrow of the Export-Import Bank of the United States,

+1-202-565-3200

URL: http://www.exim.gov

http://www.prnewswire.com

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/