Subject: [NEXTEL-1] WIRELESS THOUGHT LEADERS AND VENTURE EXPERTS TO GATHER AT EUROPEAN SEMINAR

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 01:18:58 -0500

February 17, 2004
Posted by - TelephonyWorld @ 9:34 pm PST

WIRELESS THOUGHT LEADERS AND VENTURE EXPERTS TO GATHER AT EUROPEAN SEMINAR

London, 17th February 2004 - A new annual European seminar will present a unique
focus on near term innovation in wireless technologies and venture funding for
the wireless sector. The event, which will take place in London on 7th April
2004, opens with the Venture Address by Dr Uffe Bundgaard-Joergensen, CEO,
I-TecNet coordinator. I-TecNet is a network of venture capital investors and
part of the EU Gate2Growth Initiative.

William E Killmer, Investment Manager, UK & Ireland, of Intel Capital follows
with a perspective of Venture Capital's role in accelerating the Wireless
Market.

The seminar features many other distinguished thought leaders and industry
experts, and is complimented by an influential Venture Panel to be chaired by
Joia Shillingford, contributor to the Financial Times, and former City Editor of
the Sunday Mirror.
A unique outlook of global developments in wireless technology, will be provided
by Dr William Webb, formerly of PA Consulting, and professor at the Centre for
Communication Systems Research, University of Surrey who is the new head of R&D
at OFCOM. An opportunity to reflect on wireless futures will be given by
Professor Nigel Gilbert of The Digital World Research Centre, and putting these
critical developments into context, Andrew Gilbert, General Manager EMEA of
Flarion Technologies will assess the special value of wireless innovation.

Based on innovative developments in Kuala Lumpur, Stuttgart and South Africa,
Tim Wilkinson of IP Wireless will discuss the Unwired City as a special seminar
address.

Device and Access Innovation for Users is a special topic that will explored by
Jean-Marc Holder, Marketing Director EMEA, PalmSource and Alan Hadden,
President, Global Suppliers Association. Mr Hadden will also cover the New
Venture Programme operated by the GSA.

Perspectives of wireless application innovation features the potential
replacement of credit cards by mobiles given by Geoff Vincent, Founder of
Mediation Technology and mTank. Real performance gains for the SME through
wireless and mobility from Ray Redpath, Marketing Director, ProspectSoft and
Innovations in Mobile Security by Mike Smart, European Product Manager at
SonicWALL completes an overview of this critical dimension of the wireless
world. The case of WLAN - and customer adoption of the innovation will be
explored in a special presentation by Simon Lill, Principal Consultant at
SchlumbergerSema.

The Venture Panel is the first of its kind, and will offer insight into venture
funding and sustaining innovation in wireless, in Europe. Comprising of John
O'Donohue, Managing Director, Motorola Ventures Europe, Dr Uffe
Bundgaard-Joergensen, CEO, I-TecNet coordinator, Tony Fish, Founder and
Chairman, AMF Ventures, Chris Watson, Partner, Allen & Overy, Ajay Chowdhury,
Managing Partner, IDG Ventures, Nicholas Topham, Managing Director, Telco
Resource and Thierry Deleuze, CEO m-Brussels Management, the panel presents a
powerhouse of industry experts, and is an invaluable component of the seminar
day.

Chairs for the day include Margrit Sessions, Managing Director, NewVentures,
Graham Brown, Partner, Wireless World Forum, and Philip Low, Managing Director,
BroadGroup. The media partners for the event are Tornado Insider and The
Wireless Investor.
Further information about the event can be found by visiting
http://www.broad-group.com/events/wiseseminar/wise2004.asp#Scene_1 The event
takes place within the 2nd WLAN Event at the Olympia conference centre in west
London, Europe's biggest Wi-Fi event, sponsored by Intel, BT, and Nortel
Networks. BT Openzone is sponsoring Hotspots at the event and Broadband
Provisioning Sponsor is ServiceFactory and Orthus is the Wireless Security
Sponsor. Other key features include over 60 exhibitors, a live contest between
wireless hackers and security experts, The Garden, sponsored by BT: a Zen
relaxation zone for wirefree workers; The Wireless Home, a full size model
sponsored by MyZones and Europe's biggest Wi-Fi networking cocktail party on the
eve of the seminar.

Further information:

[email-masked]

http://www.telephonyworld.com/cgi-bin/news/viewnews.cgi?category=all&id=1077071654

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/