Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Roaming Messenger will bring Mobile Commerce to the USA

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 01:11:11 -0500

Roaming Messenger will bring Mobile Commerce to the USA

 Wednesday February 4, 2004 10:44 AM EST
By: MobileMan

Roaming Messenger is officially in the beta test stage on Motorola's latest
generation SmartPhone, the MPX 200. This handset is currently available from
AT&T Wireless and features Microsoft SmartPhone 2002 operating system.

Once deployed, the Roaming Messenger system will allow dynamic, rich,
interactive content to seamlessly roam between wireless users, wherever they may
be.

The first roll out will be for Homeland Security and Emergency Response sectors.
This service will provide instantaneous, interactive communication in critical
situations for saving lives and property.

Future commercialization will be for the Enterprise IT, machine process control,
and Mobile Commerce. An exmample of the system will be for users to make vending
machine purchases via cell phone interconnectivity.

Roaming Messenger technology will work across a broad array of OS platforms,
including Microsoft Smartphone 2002 and 2003. The technology is due for
distribution in several months, soon after the final testing stages are
complete.

http://www.mobilemag.com/content/100/103/C2436/
--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG