Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Israeli satellite Techsat begins servicing amateur radio operators worldwide

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 00:13:26 -0500

Israeli satellite Techsat begins servicing amateur radio operators worldwide

Feb. 17 -  Techsat, the Technion satellite, has begun supplying service to
amateur radio operators around the globe. Thus, the satellite has successfully
concluded its final mission. At the ground station of the Asher Institute for
Space Research at the Technion, dozens of thank you letters have been received
from amateur radio operators welcoming, as they say in the lingo, the "new
bird". Techsat, which in July will complete six years in space, has completed
all its missions. To date, six scientific experiments and student works have
been conducted using the satellite. In two schools, Municipal High School Hay in
Haifa and ORT in Kiryat Motzkin, two space stations were set up in which high
school students, together with Technion students, learn about space and
Techsat's operation. The satellite, whose full name is Gorwin Techsat 2, is one
of the smallest in the world. It built as a cube, with each of its sides
measuring 45 cm in length. Its total weight is 48 kg. Prof. Moshe Gelman, head
of the Institute for Space Research, said:

"In the course of the last few years, the satellite has orbited the world more
than 28,000 times. It has carried out all six experiments planned in the most
successful manner, with results, which in some of the cases, are world
precedents." The control system, the camera and the radiation experiments
continue to function in the satellite the same as its first day in space. The
solar panel system today still supplies some 90% of its initial energy. Now, the
satellite also is supplying service to amateur radio operators who have tuned in
to its broadcast and reception frequencies. Prof. Gelman thanks the
International Amateur Radio Operators Association, which upon the request of the
Israeli Amateur Radio Operators Association supplied the frequencies for
operating Techsat's radio service.

http://www.israel21c.org/bin/en.jsp?enPage=BlankPage&enDisplay=view&enDispWhat=Zone&enDispWho=InThePress&enZone=InThePress&Date=2/17/04%2011:00%20PM

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/