Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Sony Ericsson Mobile Phones Push to Talk Wireless

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 17:30:36 -0500

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/Feb2004/6603.htm
--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 
<script src="http://scripts.cgispy.com/randombanner/javarbanner.cgi?user=3Gtelecoms" language="JavaScript">
</script>

Sasken

Free
eSeminar : Managing Wireless Data Networks

Anritsu

SPIRENT

Sony
Ericsson Mobile Phones Push to Talk Wireless

20th February , 2004

Europe
Sweden : Sapio Release Visual Communicator™ for Sony Ericsson
Mobile Phones- The Walkie-Talkie and Instant Messaging Service that
Enables Voice Communication over GPRS networks is now available in
a new version for Sony Ericsson devices.

Visual Communicator™ was released for Nokia devices in 2003
and has been a resounding success with users in 20 countries. Sapio
have a long term commitment to Push to Talk products and the release
of a version that works on Sony Ericsson P800 and P900 is a development
to increase the coverage of the system on two of the world’s
most popular smartphones. Visual Communicator™ is a Push to
Talk solution that has been developed to be compatible with the Push
to Talk over Cellular (PoC) specification. Its main features allow:

· Walkie-Talkie conversations across different networks, nationally
and internationally. This means that users can make an international
call at a fraction of the standard voice tariff – up to 10 times
cheaper*.

· Instant message chat, at the same time as making the walkie-talkie
conversation instant messages can be exchanged.

· Send a Picture, a picture can be sent as the user communicates
with Walkie-talkie or instant messages

These are 3 extremely popular communication methods and Sapio have
combined them into a cheap and easy to use package that could revolutionize
the way we look at our mobile phone usage.

Push to Talk over Cellular (PoC) is an open standard being defined
by Ericsson, Nokia and Siemens to enable interoperability between
push to talk services. Sapio are developing Visual Communicator to
be compatible with PoC whilst maintaining additional features and
functions to give customers confidence in operability whilst maintaining
a competitive edge.

Visual Communicator™ is released for use on Sony Ericsson and
Nokia Symbian phones on GPRS networks**. This enables low cost international
communication. The system has many useful applications in business
and private use. The popularity of instant message chat, walkie-talkie
and photo-messaging has been combined by Sapio into a service that
uses these features to create a service that is novel and highly useable.
Visual Communicator™ is available at the price of $9.95 at www.handango.com
(search on products from Sapio). Visual Communicator™ connects
to the phones built-in phone book when it is installed and so it is
easy for users to then begin using the service with all those other
people in the phone book that also have Visual Communicator™
installed. If somebody does not have Visual Communicator™ installed
they will be able to install it immediately so they can also enjoy
the benefits.

Niklas Sjöberg, CEO and founder of Sapio AB explains “The
PoC initiative will speed the uptake of push to talk direct communication
and Sapio are pleased to announce our product plans for compatibility.”
He continues “at the same time we will immediately increase
the support of Visual Communicator by releasing a version for Sony
Ericsson P800 and P900.”

Visual Communicator™ uses GPRS networks to enable voice communication.
Any two users with Visual Communicator™ application installed
can communicate if both have GPRS data services activated. This means
that the communication between 2 people in the same town could incur
the same low charge as a call between two people in two different
countries*. The application is not dependent on any network provider.
In the future support will be available for 3G networks and interoperability
based on the Push to Talk over Cellular standard (PoC).

* The actual price depends on factors including network, subscription
type, length of call etc

* Visual Communicator™ is compatible with Sony Ericsson P800
and P900, Nokia 3650, 3660, 7650 and 6600 . To be used the user must
have GPRS data service enabled.

TODAY'S
PRESS RELEASES

T-Mobile
3G Lift-Off

At
present, the 3G networks are being used by selected customers using 2.5
and 3G data cards in laptops with automatic roaming across T-Mobile’s
seamless network.

SK
Telecom Selects Gemplus USIM Card for 3G W-CDMA

The
Gemplus "GemXplore 3G" USIM cards deployed for SK Telecom support
all three primary networks currently available: 3G W-CDMA, CDMA 2000 1X
and GSM.

Sony
Ericsson Mobile Phones Push to Talk Wireless

Sapio
have a long term commitment to Push to Talk products and the release of
a version that works on Sony Ericsson P800 and P900

IN-BUILDING
wireless navigation

The
navigation system uses a combination of silicon gyroscopes and accelerometers
to measure the operator’s stride, which determines the velocity
vector.

All
Material Subject to Copyright. All logos, graphics and trademarks are
the property of their respective owners.

Home
ProZone
Subscribe
To Newsletter 3G
Forum

Free
3G Phones

US
Zone ASIAZone
EuroZone
UKZone

3G
Phone Zone 3
3G
New Launches