Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Cell Tower Sales Pro Ignites E-Bay Controversy

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 14:12:19 -0500

Posted 2/13/2004
Cell Tower Sales Pro Ignites E-Bay Controversy
He’s got a Blue Angel F/A-18A Hornet jet for sale
and the Navy isn’t happy

(Alexandria, VA) - February 13, 2004 - Until this week,
Mike Landa, of Landa & Associates, was best known for
selling cell phone towers. Now he has the full attention of
the U.S. Navy, the FBI and tens-of-thousands of e-Bay
shoppers.

Mr. Landa is acting as the broker for an undisclosed seller
of a Blue Angel F/A-18A Hornet jet. The opening e-Bay bid
price is about $1 million - a $27 million savings off what
the government paid for the jet in 1997.

While e-Bay collectors are enthused, the U.S. Navy isn’t
happy about the sale of one of its elite fighting jets. Landa
will only say that the acquisition of the jet is an “obvious
mistake in the system” and it occurred during the “Clinton
management era.”

The Navy has a policy to protect jets from being released to the public
or for falling into the enemy hands. Outdated advanced military
equipment is usually archived or placed in museums. The Navy said it is
aware of the e-Bay auction and is looking into the matter.

Landa said he would only sell to a legal, U.S. resident that satisfies
the Navy’s concern that the jet not leaving U.S. soil. In fact, the
owner is ready to sell the jet back to the U.S. government if it is the
highest bidder.

If there was a doubt that there is a market for U.S. made fighter jets,
it was answered this week when the e-Bay jet page attracted 50,000
visits in two days.
In addition to his cell phone towers sales, Landa has brokered airplanes
for more than 20 years. He is a flying enthusiast and said he also has
and an F-16 Fighting Falcon fighter and Russian MiG- 29s for sale.

http://www.wins-news.com/top_stories/2004/feb/021304-a.php

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/