Subject: [NEXTEL-1] YG used as conventional FB6, LEGAL ?

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 14:26:31 -0500

-------- Original Message --------
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: YG used as conventional FB6, LEGAL ?

See my responses below (sorry for the caps).  I hope that this
clarifies.  
Alan T.

In a message dated 2/25/2004 8:01:35 AM Eastern Standard Time, 
[email-masked] writes:
Dear Allen:
I appreciate your response:
Let me hopefully clarify my question.
Another comm-company has the load of uhf YG channels. He has proposed
leasing
3 or 4 channels  to a single transportation concern to be used as
conventional uhf  repeater, NOT SHARED , NOT TRUNKED.
Does his YG classification preclude his use as such?  
UNDER CURRENT FCC RULES, THE "UNTRUNKING" (I JUST COINED A NEW TERM)
WOULD 
NOT BE PERMITTED (ASSUMING THAT THEY WISH TO RETAIN CHANNEL
EXCLUSIVITY), 
WITHOUT A WAIVER (ALTHOUGH THE LEASING IS NOW COOL UNDER THE SECONDARY
MARKETS 
ORDER).

I provide conventional dispatch for profit as "FB6"., I understand if I
desired conversion to trunking, then a license modification
would absolutely  be required.
Sooo then, I  CAN NOT use my conventional FB6's as "trunked"
CORRECT, YOU MUST CHANGE FROM "IG" CLASSIFICATION TO "YG".

Can my competitor use his YG's as NON-TRUNKED ? (like a FB6) ?
BRIAN..
"YG" DENOTES TRUNKING, "IG" DENOTES CONVENTIONAL USE.  FB6 MEANS A
PRIVATE 
CARRIER SYSTEM WHERE THE CHANNEL IS ELIGIBLE TO BE SHARED, FB8 MEANS A
PRIVATE 
CARRIER OR INTERNAL USE SYSTEM WHERE THE LICENSEE HAS EXCLUSIVE USE.

Alan T.

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/