Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office-Radio Technician I Position

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 19:59:52 -0500

Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office

HUMAN RESOURCES
PHONE: (561) 688-3540
E-MAIL: [email-masked]
FAX: (561) 688-3559

Radio Technician I
Radio Services
Job #04.RTEC.023
Internal/External

POSITION DESCRIPTION SUMMARY: Performs mechanical and technical work
associated with the service and preventative maintenance of radio
communications systems, electronic safety equipment and related
electrical equipment in vehicles. Duties include repairing and
maintaining radio communications systems. Assists with technical service
and support for Sheriff’s Office vehicles’ electronic equipment, which
may include mobile radio communication systems, television systems,
video cassette recorders, video cameras, radar equipment, sirens,
microphones, public address systems, vehicle emergency lights,
spotlights, mobile data terminals, alarms, cellular telephones, gun
range sound systems, antennas, analog/digital circuits, power supplies
and battery charges. Assists in performing installation, removal,
repair, refurbishment, maintenance and preventative maintenance of
vehicle radio equipment. Modifies existing equipment, installs and
relocates equipment for system expansions, prepares components before
installation, assembles antennas and radio equipment hardware and
programs radios. Performs all related duties as assigned.

MINIMUM ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS: High school diploma or GED
supplemented by at least one (1) to two (2) years previous experience
and/or training that includes installation/repair of radio
communications systems and electronic equipment; or any equivalent
combination of education, training and experience which provides
requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for the job. Must possess or
be able to obtain, prior to employment, a valid Florida driver’s
license. Interested PBSO employees must be non-probationary.

NOTE:  Applicants are ineligible for further consideration if in the
last 12 months the employee has received an evaluation, which is
Substandard or Unsatisfactory, in accordance with General Order 301.00.
Applicants are ineligible for consideration if they are on or have been
on disciplinary probation or suspension for more than two (2)
consecutive days during the three (3) year period prior to the
establishment of the eligibility list. This does not apply to internal
candidates seeking a lateral transfer in current position.
DIVISION:    Radio Services

WORK SCHEDULE:  Monday through Friday                             8:00
a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

SALARY:           Pay Grade 15, $2,436.00 per month, plus an excellent
benefits package.

SELECTION PROCESS:  The selection process will consist of an oral
interview which will constitute 100% of the final selection weight.
DATE, TIME AND LOCATION:  The date, times and location of the interview
process to be announced, in writing by Radio Services.

FINAL RANKING:
·    Applicants will be ranked in numerical order from highest score to
lowest.
·    5.0 is the highest achievable score and is equal to 100% and/or 100
points.
·    3.0 is the minimum passing score and is equal to 60% and/or 60
points.

SELECTION/DURATION OF ELIGIBILITY LIST:  Generally has a life of one
year or until exhausted whichever is sooner, based on the date Human
Resources certifies it is effective.  However, the department commander
of the originating unit has the discretion to continue down the
eligibility list in rank order or to eliminate the list after the
original selection for the position(s).
REVIEW AND APPEAL PROCESS:  An appeal of a decision, scoring error, or
test results shall be made in writing to the Human Resources Commander
or designee within seven (7) calendar days after the release of any
score or decision that eliminated the candidate from the process, or
affected the candidate’s score.  This appeal process is the only method
to appeal these matters and is available to internal PBSO applicants
exclusively.

HOW TO APPLY: Submit an application to Human Resources, 3228 Gun Club
Road, West Palm Beach, FL 33406 no later than 5:00 p.m. Monday, March 1,
2004.   To download an application visit our website at www.pbso.org.

http://www.pbso.org/jobs/index.cfm?fa=jobdetail&job=04.RTEC.023
--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/