Subject: [NEXTEL-1] General Dynamics unit offers new radio-test system

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 03:56:09 -0500

10:23 AM MST Thursday

General Dynamics unit offers new radio-test system

The Scottsdale-based C4 Systems division of General Dynamics has
begun offering new software for public safety radios that the company
says reduces overall test and alignment time from an average of 45
minutes to as little as 10 minutes, resulting in less hands-on time for
technicians and decreased potential for human error.

Dubbed AutoTest,
the software is
designed to test the
widely used
Motorola
XTS5000,
XTS3000 and
ASTRO Saber
radios.

General Dynamics'
software enables
the technician to
test frequency,
power, modulation,
distortion, squelch,
as well as any
required realignment. Test data can then be stored on a computer hard
drive to enable the technician to keep valuable maintenance data records.

"In most cases the entire process can be completed in less than 10
minutes, depending on alignments needed and tests required," said Gary
Johnson, a tactical systems director at General Dynamics. "For public
safety professionals this software means their radios will have less
downtime and more street time."

General Dynamics C4 Systems specializes in secure communication and
information systems technology.

Its parent company, General Dynamics, is based in Falls Church, Va.

For more: www.generaldynamics.com.

http://phoenix.bizjournals.com/phoenix/stories/2004/02/09/daily47.html
--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/