Subject: [NEXTEL-1] M/A-COM, Inc. Awarded $9.8 Million Radio Communications Contract From Ingham County, MI

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 14:46:52 -0500

M/A-COM, Inc. Awarded $9.8 Million Radio Communications Contract From
Ingham County, MI

New Radio System Links the County’s 24 Public Safety Agencies to Enhance
Critical Response Efforts

Lowell, MA – January 12, 2004 – M/A-COM, Inc., a business unit of Tyco
Electronics and leading manufacturer of
IP-based public safety communications systems, recently announced a $9.8
million contract to install a critical
communications system in Ingham County, MI. M/A-COM’s Enhanced Digital
Access Communications System
(EDACS) will be the foundation for the County’s new public safety
communications network, linking all police, fire and
EMS services throughout Ingham County, enhancing their ability to serve
the public in emergency situations.

The new four site, 10-channel UHF trunked radio system will support the
county’s approximate 1,600 radios and will
replace the current conventional radio system. The new M/A-COM system
will provide consistent and adequate signal
strength to cover the County’s entire geographical area, thereby
ensuring mobile and portable communications for
essential personnel such as police officers, firefighters and emergency
medical technicians. M/A-COM’s system will
also allow Ingham County to interoperate with the Michigan State Police
and other surrounding counties. In addition,
the system is designed with an eye to the future and has the
capabilities to support both current and future public
safety communication needs.

“M/A-COM is extremely pleased to work with Ingham County to implement
the right radio system solution for its
public safety agencies and citizens,” says John Vaughan, vice president,
M/A-COM. “Ingham County clearly
understands the need for advanced radio communications and our solution
is a natural fit for the demanding
specifications that Ingham County placed on this project, and includes
components and technology that ensure their
communications needs will be met for many years to come.”

As part of the overall agreement, M/A-COM will provide, assemble and
integrate all of the project’s hardware and
software, as well as provide both user and administrator training.

About M/A-COM
M/A-COM, Inc., a business unit of Tyco Electronics, is a leading
supplier of critical communications systems and
equipment for public safety, utility, federal and select commercial
markets. Products range from the most advanced
IP-based voice and data networks to traditional wireless systems to
offer customers the highest levels of reliability,
interoperability, scalability and security. M/A-COM is also a recognized
leader in the design and manufacture of radio
frequency (RF), microwave and millimeter wave solutions for the
commercial wireless telecommunications, aerospace
and defense industries. Headquartered in Lowell, MA, M/A-COM has offices
and manufacturing facilities worldwide.
Information about M/A-COM can be found on the Web at www.macom.com or
www.macom-wireless.com.

About Tyco Electronics
Tyco Electronics is a major business segment of Tyco International Ltd.
(NYSE: TYC, LSE: TYI, BSX: TYC). Tyco
Electronics is the world’s largest passive electronic components
manufacturer; a world leader in cutting-edge
wireless, active fiber optic and complete power systems technologies;
and is also rapidly developing extensive
networking and building technology installation services. Tyco
Electronics provides advanced technology products
from over forty well-known and respected brands, including Agastat,
Alcoswitch, AMP, AMP NETCONNECT,
Buchanan, CII, CoEv, Critchley, Elcon, Elo TouchSystems, M/A-COM,
Madison Cable, OEG, OneSource Building
Technologies, Potter & Brumfield, Raychem, Schrack, Simel and TDI
Batteries.

M/A-COM and TYCO are trademarks.
Other products, logos, and Company names mentioned herein may be
trademarks of their respective owners.

Editorial Contact:
Dave Hutcheson
M/A-COM, Inc.
978/442-4047
[email-masked]

Mike Ratcliff
Tyco Electronics
717-592-2316
[email-masked]

For sales information, please contact:
M/A-COM, Inc.
1011 Pawtucket Blvd.
Lowell, MA 01853
United States – 1.800.528.7711
Canada – 1.800.368.3277
Middle East/Africa -- +1.434.455.9229
Asia/Pacific -- +1.434.455.9238
Europe -- +1.434.455.9238
Latin America -- +1.434.455.9236

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/