Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Modify Blackberry 7510 antenna?

From: "John Esher, Jr" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 14:21:41 -0000

I don't have a unit now, but I'm considering upgrading my i95cl to 
the BB 7510.

One of the things I can't stand about it is the ugly antenna 
sticking out. Is there anything in the tip of the antenna that would 
prevent me from modifying it a bit so that it might look more the 
the tip on my i95? For instance is that just solid plastic, or is 
there an intregral part of the antenna in there?

Are there replacement antenna available that I might use as 
prototypes?

Thanks,

John

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: "marcel_rf1" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 06:25:25 -0000

You are right it is ugly-

I looked at the FCC OET reports. Changing it will effect performence.

(https://svartifoss2.fcc.gov/prod/oet/cf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode=Exhibits&RequestTimeout=500&calledFromFrame=N
&application_id=715988&fcc_id='L6ARAL10IN')

I have not seen an after market antenna yet. Maybe someone else knows of one.

 
Yahoo! Groups Links

---

From: "John Esher, Jr" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 00:39:19 -0000

Marcel, Thanks for the information. I guess I'll just have to suck it 
up if I decide to go that route.

John

> I looked at the FCC OET reports. Changing it will effect 
performence.
(https://svartifoss2.fcc.gov/prod/oet/cf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport
.cfm?mode=Exhibits&RequestTimeout=500&calledFromFrame=N

 
Yahoo! Groups Links