Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Ahead Communications Delivers Dispatching Solution to Union Pacific Railroad

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 01:27:06 -0500

February 17, 2004 11:30 AM US Eastern Timezone

Ahead Communications Delivers Dispatching Solution to Union Pacific Railroad

MIDDLEBURY, Conn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Feb. 17, 2004--Ahead Communications Systems,
Inc. (ACU) today announced
the commissioning of a mission critical radio dispatching wide area network
solution for Union Pacific railroad. The integrated Ahead Communications
solution streamlines voice-data communications across a multi-hop microwave
network.  The solution simplifies the configuration and monitoring of remote
access points in the network, resulting in streamlined operations and reduced
life cycle costs.
"We are very pleased to provide this integrated Xedge network solution for Union
Pacific," said Anton Kaeslin, President and CEO of Ahead Communications Systems.
"By offering solutions that are both highly reliable and cost saving we strive
to maximize customer return on investment."

ACU helps Union Pacific and other customers achieve better return on investment
through a proactive customer support program including wide area network design,
training, installation and maintenance support services. Performed by senior
design engineers with expertise in the implementation of multiservice solutions,
ACU's professional service offerings encompass all phases of the project life
cycle from planning to network commissioning and product repair.
About Ahead Communications Systems

Ahead Communications Systems, Inc. (ACU) is a worldwide leader and pioneer in
the design, manufacture and distribution
of multiservice switches. ACU provides solutions for network operators in
transportation, utilities, education, and government
as well as Independent service providers and international incumbent carriers.
By integrating legacy TDM, IP, frame relay,
AAL-2 voice and MPEG-2 video for transport over a wide area network, ACU
simplifies the commissioning of turnkey
multiservice solutions.

http://www.aheadcomusa.com

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/