Subject: [NEXTEL-1] SAFECOM Public Safety Communications Interoperability Event

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 16:40:16 -0500

02/20/2004 8:39:58 AM
SAFECOM Public Safety Communications Interoperability Event

WASHINGTON, D.C. – The Statewide Communications Alliance of Nebraska
(SCAN) Board and the U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s SAFECOM
Program will host a free conference on Public Safety Communications
Interoperability – the ability of public safety agencies to talk across
disciplines and jurisdictions via radio communications systems,
exchanging voice and/or data with one another on demand, in real time,
when authorized.

WHAT: For several years, Nebraska has been successfully building
partnerships and integrating the needs of local police, fire, and EMS
officials to develop a new statewide pubic safety communications system.
Event attendees will have an opportunity to learn about the system and
to provide input to system developers.

WHEN: Tuesday, February 24, 2004, 8:00 a.m. – 5:45 p.m. **Event is
open to the media.**

WHERE: The Cornhusker Grand Hotel, 333 South 13th Street, Lincoln, NE,
68508.

WHO: The conference will feature notable speakers including—

·Governor Mike Johanns (Video Message)

·Mr. Craig Dearden, Director of Public Safety, Weber State University,
Ogden, Utah, former Chairman of the Board, Utah Communications Agency
Network (UCAN)

·Colonel Tom Nesbitt, Superintendent, Nebraska State Patrol and Chair,
SCAN Board

·Mr. Thomas Coty, Director, Technology and Standards, SAFECOM Program,
U.S. Department of Homeland Security

Featured topics will include—

·SCAN Board’s strategic plan, draft System Specifications Document, and
implementing a statewide voice and data system

·Resource sharing across local, state, and federal agencies

·Best practices for public safety mobile data systems

·Voice-over-Internet Protocol (VoIP) system architecture

http://www.swnebr.net/newspaper/cgi-bin/articles/articlearchiver.pl?155382

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/