Subject: [NEXTEL-1] T-Mobile Gives Nextel The Bump- Nextel Falls From 5th to 6th Largest Carrier.

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 02:27:15 -0500

T-Mobile USA overtakes Nextel customer base

12:35
Monday February 23, 2004, Telecom.paper

T-Mobile USA, the Deutsche Telekom subsidiary, is no longer the smallest
of the
six national mobile operators in the US after overtaking rival Nextel in
terms of
subscriber numbers, Handelsblatt reports. Nextel added just 553,000 new
customers in Q4-2003 to end the year with 12.9 million, compared to 10.6

million at end-2002; while T-Mobile USA added over one million users in
the
Q4-for a year-end total of 13.1 million, up from 9.9 million a year
earlier.

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 05:08:40 -0500

T-Mobile Gives Nextel The Bump- Nextel Falls From 5th to 6th Largest Carrier.

This is going to seriously affect Nextel's Analyst ratings and will
eventually be reflected in a decreased
financial standing.

Marcelrf wrote:

> of the six national mobile operators in the US after overtaking rival
> Nextel in
> terms of subscriber numbers, Handelsblatt reports. Nextel added just
> 553,000 new
> the Q4-for a year-end total of 13.1 million, up from 9.9 million a year
> earlier.
>