Subject: [NEXTEL-1] AT&T Considering MVNO After Merger Completes

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 17:04:12 -0500

AT&T Considering MVNO After Merger Completes

Following Cingular’s plans to takeover AT&T Wireless, long distance
operator AT&T Corp., one time parent of AT&T Wireless, announced it is
considering launching its own branded wireless phone service. In doing
so, AT&T said it is contemplating becoming a mobile virtual network
operator (MVNO). No indication was given as to which wireless operator
AT&T might partner with to provide such a service, but it is believed
that Sprint PCS is one of the candidates. The operator currently offers
its customers AT&T Wireless' service as part of a bundle of local, long
distance and Internet services, but it will no longer be able to include
wireless in the bundle once Cingular completes its acquisition. (Source:
Wall Street Journal , Financial Times)

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/