Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Dems blast Bush on homeland security

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 12:37:00 -0500

Dems blast Bush on homeland security
February 11 13:03:00, 2004

WASHINGTON—Democratic senators on Wednesday blasted the Bush administration’s
homeland security budget calling it “missing in action.”

This budget is “missing in action. It doesn’t recognize the tremendous
challenges of state and local governments,” said Sen. Hilary Rodham Clinton
(D-N.Y.).

The White House has moved funds from state and local grant programs to
D.C.-based counterterrorism activities, said Sen. Charles Schumer (D-N.Y). “They
are robbing Peter to pay Paul,” said Schumer.

One of the areas proposed to be cut is radio interoperability to allow
public-safety agencies to talk to each other, said Schumer. “We learned that
horrible lesson on Sept. 11,” he said.

The Capitol Hill press conference continued an assault on the Bush
Administration’s homeland security budget that has been going on all week with
claims and counterclaims of whether the cuts to first responders are real or
perceived.
The debate comes as public safety is facing a possibly expensive retuning effort
to solve interference in the 800 MHz band and public safety answering points
struggle to upgrade to be able to receive wireless enhanced 911 Phase II
information.

-- http://rcrnews.com/cgi-bin/news.pl?newsId=16875
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/