Subject: [NEXTEL-1] GSMA Collaborates with Industry to Crack Down on Stolen Mobiles

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 14:51:46 -0500

GSMA Collaborates with Industry to Crack Down on Stolen Mobiles The GSM
Association is cracking down on mobile phone theft. The association
collaborated with wireless service providers and cell phone manufactures
to introduce technologies that will allow stolen mobile phones to be
disabled across networks. The GSMA hopes to use the effectiveness of the
International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI) registers in use now to
disable reported stolen cell phones. Additionally, cell phone
manufacturers are planning to introduce technology into handsets that
will make it much harder to reprogram mobile phones. (Source: Wall
Street Journal)

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/