Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Cognitive Radio NPRM

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 11:29:23 -0500

-------- Original Message --------
From: "nd70bsaero" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Cognitive Radio NPRM

Folks:
	The NPRM was published in today's Federal Register.  Thus 
comments are due May 3rd (the 2nd is a Sunday) and reply comments 
are due on June1. Below is an extract of the Fed Reg notice from 
today

Best Regards
Bob Speidel
Manager, Regulatory Policy
(434) 455-9465

FEDERAL COMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION 47 CFR Parts 2, 15 and 90 [ET 
Docket No. 03-108 and ET Docket No. 00-47; FCC 03-322] Cognitive 
Radio Technologies and Software Defined Radios AGENCY: Federal 
Communications Commission. ACTION: Proposed rule. -------------------
---------------------------------------------------- SUMMARY: In 
this document we are seeking to facilitate opportunities for 
flexible, efficient, and reliable spectrum use employing cognitive 
radio technologies. We are seeking comment generally on how we 
should modify our rules to enable more effective use of cognitive 
radio technologies, including potential applications across a 
variety of scenarios involving both licensed spectrum and unlicensed 
devices. By initiating this proceeding, we recognize the importance 
of new cognitive radio technologies, which are likely to become more 
prevalent over the next few years and which hold tremendous promise 
in helping to facilitate more effective and efficient access to 
spectrum. We seek to ensure that our rules and policies do not 
inadvertently hinder development and deployment of such 
technologies, but instead enable a full realization of their 
potential benefits. DATES: Comments must be filed on or before May 
3, 2004, and reply comments must be filed on or before June 1, 2004. 
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT: Hugh Van Tuyl, Office of 
Engineering and Technology, (202) 418-7506, e-mail: 
[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>, or James Miller, 
(202) 418-7351 TTY (202) 418-2989, e-mail: [email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]>.

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/