Subject: [NEXTEL-1] NTIA- What's New

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 23:26:41 -0500

NTIA- What's New

TOP Announces FY2004 Grant Round

This year, approximately $12.9 million is available for grants through
the
Commerce Department's Technology Opportunities Program (TOP) for Fiscal
Year 2004. TOP's Announcement of Federal Funding Opportunity was
released
on February 17, 2004. The Application Kit for FY04, including the
Announcement
and Guidelines, provides information on the program, rules for applying,

suggestions for preparing an application, and the standard forms you
need to
prepare a TOP application. The deadline for applications is April 27,
2004.

TOP has developed a set of Online Tools. These tools:

Allow applicants complete some of the standard forms;
Allow individuals to apply to be TOP reviewers.

Technical Assistance Workshops for FY2004

For FY2004, TOP will hold Technical Assistance Workshops in Washington,
DC,
and Los Angeles, CA. The purpose of the Technical Assistance Workshops
is to
give potential applicants an opportunity to find out more about TOP, its
goals and
objectives, and the particulars involved in applying for this year's
grant funds.

The Washington, DC, workshop will be held on Tuesday, March 23, 2004,
at the Omni Shoreham Hotel, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. For hotel
reservations,
call the Omni Shoreham Hotel at (202) 234-0700 and mention "TOP
Technical Assistance Workshop" for the special rate of $150 plus taxes
(single or double) per night. The special rate is in effect Monday and
Tuesday nights, March 22 and 23, 2004.

The Los Angeles, CA, Workshop will be held on Friday, March 26, 2004, at

the Renaissance Hotel at the Los Angeles International Airport, 9:00
a.m.
to 4:00 p.m. For hotel reservations, call the Renaissance Hotel at (310)

337-2800 and mention "TOP Technical Assistance Workshop" for the
special rate of $106 plus taxes (single or double) per night. The
special
rate is in effect Thursday and Friday nights, March 25 and 26, 2004.

Register Online for either of the workshops.

 http://ntiaotiant2.ntia.doc.gov/top/register/index.cfm

TOP's FY2003 Grantees Off to a Strong Start

On October 1, 2003, TOP awarded twenty-eight grants totaling $13.95
million for
Fiscal Year 2003. TOP awards are timely indicators of trends and public
concerns
that can be addressed with advanced telecommunication and information
services. The FY2003 TOP recipients are developing their projects — from

telemedicine to monitoring the environment to helping neighborhoods
develop
their local assets. Read these stories here.

http://www.ntia.doc.gov/top/whatsnew/whatsnew.htm#FY2004_Grant_Round

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/