Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Two newswire stories: do you know where your radio is?

From: Rick Parrish <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 09:28:20 -0600

13-year-old finds police radio, uses it to let dispatcher know

By Rocky Mountain News

February 17, 2004

A Highlands Ranch teen found a Denver police radio Monday and used it
to let the cops know he had it. The 13-year-old boy found the radio
about 1 p.m. in the yard of a home in the 8900 block of South Bermuda
Run Circle. He turned on the radio and told a police dispatcher that
someone had thrown it out of a sport utility vehicle, and that he had
thought it was a walkie-talkie.

"He got on the air and started communicating with one of our
dispatchers," police spokeswoman Virginia Lopez said. The boy was
polite, correcting a dispatcher only once - when he was referred to as
"ma'am." "I'm a little kid," the boy said.

Denver police and Douglas County sheriff's officials were working to
retrieve the radio, Lopez said. Police officials hadn't been notified
that a radio was missing, and investigators were trying to determine
who it belonged to. "We are currently looking into how this radio got
out of the City and County of Denver . . . (and) into the hands of
someone who shouldn't have it," Lopez said.

Police radio found in Douglas County neighborhood

Written By: Jeannie Piper, Web Producer

DOUGLAS COUNTY - A couple of teenagers found a Denver police radio in
their Douglas County neighborhood Monday. Police say someone was using
vulgar language on the radio when it suddenly went dead. After that, a
boy started talking to the dispatcher. Dillon Smidt and Kevin Brent
found the radio when they were out rollerblading and thought it was a
cell phone, not a police radio.

Police say they think somehow the radio may have been duplicated.

--

"NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"

Note The New address

Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

"NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"

Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

"WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"

The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.

Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

ADVERTISEMENT

<SCRIPT language='JavaScript1.1' SRC="http://ad.doubleclick.net/adj/N3349.yahoo1/B1282054.22;abr=!ie;sz=300x250;code=18634;dcopt=rcl;click=http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12cgcrtc7/M=274551.4550177.5718621.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1707367802:HM/EXP=1077120829/A=1994230/R=1/*;ord=1077034429768841?">
</SCRIPT>
<NOSCRIPT>
<A HREF="http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12cgcrtc7/M=274551.4550177.5718621.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1707367802:HM/EXP=1077120829/A=1994230/R=2/*http://ad.doubleclick.net/jump/N3349.yahoo1/B1282054.22;abr=!ie4;abr=!ie5;sz=300x250;code=18634;dcopt=rcl;ord=1077034429768841?">
<IMG SRC="http://ad.doubleclick.net/ad/N3349.yahoo1/B1282054.22;abr=!ie4;abr=!ie5;sz=300x250;code=18634;dcopt=rcl;ord=1077034429768841?" BORDER=0 WIDTH=300 HEIGHT=250 ALT="Click Here">Click Here</A>
</NOSCRIPT>

Yahoo! Groups Links

To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
[email-masked]

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.