Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel Wireless Broadband™

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 20:56:20 -0500

http://www.nextelbroadband.com/lrn_about_what_is_wireless.html

Nextel Wireless Broadband™ is an easy-to-use, completely mobile, and 
secure service that connects you to the Internet at broadband 
speeds. Based on next generation technology, it delivers true 
broadband wireless service with the ubiquitous coverage of a 
cellular network. With Nextel Wireless Broadband, you are able to 
take broadband with you, empowering your workforce, increasing your 
productivity and enriching your personal life with ready access and 
on-line content.

>FAST: Nextel Wireless Broadband™ service offers speeds comparable 
to DSL, Cable and wireline LANs and is 50 times faster than a 28 
Kbps dial-up connection. Specifically, our service is capable of 
realizing typical downlink speeds up to 1.5 Mbps, with occasional 
speeds, or bursts, as high as 3.0 Mbps, and typical uplink speeds up 
to 375 Kbps, with occasional speeds, or bursts, as high as 750 Kbps 
1. Additionally, Nextel Wireless Broadband offers industry-low 
latency, supporting virtually all real-time applications 2. 

>MOBILE: Nextel Wireless Broadband™ is as mobile as your cellular 
phone service. Discover the freedom to connect without the physical 
constraints of DSL, Cable, or LAN lines. No need to limit yourself 
to your home, office, or Wi-Fi hotspot. With Nextel Wireless 
Broadband, you can connect from anywhere on the Nextel network.

>SECURE: Nextel Wireless Broadband™ is as secure as DSL or Cable. In 
addition, it is a broadband access network based on a proprietary 
signal processing technology operated over licensed spectrum. 
Designed across multiple layers, the broadband system prevents 
unauthorized entities from gaining network access. Depending upon 
your needs, additional security layers can also be enabled through 
VPN clients for secure corporate access or SSL for secure Internet 
transactions. With Nextel Wireless Broadband, you can unwire the 
Internet and connect to all your favorite VPN/SSL-secured 
applications - with confidence.

>EASY TO INSTALL AND USE: Setting up your computer to use Nextel 
Wireless Broadband™ couldn't be easier. After receiving the Nextel 
Wireless Broadband PC Card or Nextel Wireless Broadband Modem, just 
install the software and insert the Nextel device into a compatible 
desktop unit, laptop, or PDA. Within minutes, you're ready to 
experience the speed and mobility of wireless broadband!

Click here to sign up for this leading-edge new service.

Nextel Wireless Broadband™, take it with you!

1 "Downlink speed" refers to the speed at which you can receive 
(i.e., download) information, such as an email attachment or audio 
file, and is the key measure when comparing other broadband 
solutions. "Uplink speed" refers to the speed at which you can send 
(i.e., upload) information. Similar to Cable and DSL, actual speeds 
may vary and are not guaranteed. Many factors can influence download 
speeds, such as weather, building structure, location or network 
traffic, as well as service plan selected.

2 Latency refers to the time it takes for data to travel between 
sender and receiver, and is very important in real-time 
applications. Nextel Wireless Broadband's latency, or average delay, 
is 100ms or below.

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/