Subject: Re: [NEXTEL-1] Re: 27 MHz wireless keyboard

From: "Ugly Person" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 23:33:27 -0500

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Bill Smith" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Thursday, February 26, 2004 19:59
Subject: RE: [NEXTEL-1] Re: 27 MHz wireless keyboard

> They probably just flipped a coin during design and reused a 27 MHz radio
> control car circuit that had already been designed. You can probably find
> them in 49 MHz versions too.
>
>
> > Okay, who can take a guess as to the *most compelling* reason that a
> > manufacturer would choose the 27 MHz band over other available frequency
> > bands??

Actually, no.  Well, maybe.  At any rate my database is positively ancient
and I'm trying to update my local frequency listings, expanding them to
cover the entire electromagnetic spectrum. Yeah right. Well anyway it's a
project I know that will never be finished.  However, the last time I was
able to confirm matters, remote control devices are not (or were not) widely
used in 49 Mhz.  Reportedly, vehicle "tracking" devices exist(ed) that used
49.595 Mhz, but I wasn't able to verify this first hand and it's the only
example I've ever heard for non-voice uses on 49 Mhz.

Naturally our PopComm affiliate has a better answer. My insight pales in
comparison to one who's in the business of knowing such things.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 15:56:26 -0500

Bill- The "reason" that I have in mind gives a substantial advantage* to
27 MHz, over 49 MHz.
Kind regards, Alan - Pop'Comm
<[email-masked]>

*This "advantage" is to the manufacturer, and certainly not to the
consumer.  Ha!

On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 19:59:48 -0500 "Bill Smith" <[email-masked]>
writes:
They probably just flipped a coin during design and reused a 27 MHz radio
control car circuit that had already been designed. You can probably find
them in 49 MHz versions too.

> manufacturer would choose the 27 MHz band over other available
frequency

-

________________________________________________________________
The best thing to hit the Internet in years - Juno SpeedBand!
Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!
Only $14.95/ month - visit www.juno.com to sign up today!

 
Yahoo! Groups Links

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 15:56:55 -0500

Rik-  Yes, what I am thinking of is undoubtedly cost-related.  But I am
looking for something more specific.
Kind regards, Alan
<[email-masked]>

On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 07:14:35 -0500 "Rik Rasmussen" <[email-masked]>
writes:
Cost?

Rik Rasmussen
Two Way Radio Directory
http://twowayradiodirectory.com

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, February 25, 2004 9:10 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [NEXTEL-1] Re: 27 MHz wireless keyboard

Okay, who can take a guess as to the *most compelling* reason that 
a manufacturer would choose the 27 MHz band over other available 
frequency bands??

Kind regards,
Alan Dixon
Popular Communications

	<snip>

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "marcel_rf1" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Saturday, February 21, 2004 19:51
Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Re: 27 MHz wireless keyboard

 I like this part:

" Reliable Radio Wireless Optical Mouse"

Reliable on 27 Mhz...........yea right!

	<snip>

--

 
Yahoo! Groups Links