Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Wireless Facilities, Inc. Awarded Contracts From Two National Carriers

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 13:52:07 -0500

Wireless Facilities, Inc. Awarded Contracts From Two National Carriers

SAN DIEGO, Feb. 19 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Wireless Facilities, Inc.
(WFI) (Nasdaq: WFII) today announced that it has been awarded new
contracts for wireless network infrastructure development by two of the
top six national wireless carriers.

The first contract is a Master Services Agreement for approximately 600
turnkey wireless infrastructure sites in three geographic markets.  The
scope of work includes project management, RF drive testing, RF
engineering, site acquisition, construction management, material
procurement and E911 enhancements.  The Company recently began work on
the first geographic market and expects to begin work on the remaining
two markets shortly.

WFI was one of four winning vendors on the second contract, a Master
Services Agreement for turnkey wireless infrastructure sites in an
unspecified number of markets.  The scope of work includes several of
WFI's core service offerings including project management, site
acquisition, and construction management.  The Company recently received
its first work order for new sites under this contract and anticipates
participating in deployment programs in a variety of markets across the
United States.
To date, WFI has completed network infrastructure projects for more than
130 customers in over 100 countries, ranging in scope from the
installation of a single cell site to multi-year, large-scale design and
deployment contracts.  WFI is active in the planning and implementation
of Second Generation (2G) voice networks and next generation wireless
technologies including 2.5G and Third Generation (3G) mobile wireless
Internet access.

"These two new contracts mark an important milestone for WFI as they
represent our first turnkey opportunities with these two carriers in the
United States and the largest potential contracts in WFI's history,"
said Eric DeMarco, President and Chief Operating Officer of WFI.  "We
believe these awards speak to the recognition we have now achieved as a
company capable of supplying large scale turnkey deployment services for
a national carrier.  We look forward to continuing to work with our
customers on their ongoing efforts to upgrade and expand their
networks." DeMarco concluded.

About Wireless Facilities, Inc.

Headquartered in San Diego, CA, Wireless Facilities, Inc. is an
independent provider of outsourced communications and security systems
engineering and integration services and other technical services for
the wireless communications industry, the US government, and enterprise
customers.  The principal services we provide include the design,
deployment, integration, and the overall management of wireless
communications networks.  We also provide communications systems
engineering, systems integration, and the outsourcing of technical
services such as operational test and evaluation and program management
for the federal government and the design, deployment, and integration
of security and other in-building systems including access control and
intrusion detection for enterprise customers.  The Company has performed
work in over 100 countries since its founding in 1994.  News and
information are available at http://www.wfinet.com.

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/