Subject: [NEXTEL-1] CTIA- Keynote Sessions Denny Strigl, President and CEO- Verizon Wireless

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 12:23:13 -0500

CTIA- Keynote Sessions
Day Three
March 24, 2004, 9:00 AM to 10:00 AM
Location: Thomas Murphy Ballroom
Denny Strigl, President and CEO- Verizon Wireless

Dennis F. Strigl (Denny) is president and CEO of Verizon Wireless, the largest
wireless service provider in the country. He is also widely recognized as one of
the most prominent architects of the wireless communications industry. His
experience provides a unique vantage point: from launching the nation’s first
cellular telephone network and managing several of the largest cellular mergers
in the industry, to today leading one of the world’s preeminent wireless
companies.

Strigl was the lead executive in charge of integrating Verizon Wireless when
that company was formed in April 2000, by combining the domestic wireless
operations of Bell Atlantic, Vodafone AirTouch and GTE.
Previously, he served as president and CEO of Bell Atlantic Mobile and group
president and CEO of Bell Atlantic Global Wireless, Bell Atlantic's wireless
portfolio, with domestic operations in 28 states and international investments
in Latin America, Europe and the Pacific Rim.

As head of Verizon Wireless, Strigl has established an entrepreneurial culture
to minimize corporate bureaucracy, focus on making wireless communications easy
for consumers and fuel the company's rapid growth. He also initiated the
company's "HopeLine” sm community service program, a philanthropic effort that
focuses on putting wireless services to work to combat domestic violence and
enhance the quality of life in local communities.

Strigl has served in the telecommunications industry for more than 30 years. He
began his telecommunications career in 1968 with New York Telephone Company, and
subsequently held positions at AT&T and Wisconsin Telephone Company before
becoming vice president of American Bell, Inc. He became president of Ameritech
Mobile Communications, where he was instrumental in launching the nation's first
cellular telephone network in Chicago. He won the Cellular Industry Achievement
Award for engineering advancement and pioneering in marketing programs. Strigl
later served as president and chief executive officer for Applied Data Research
Inc.
He joined Bell Atlantic in 1989, serving as vice president-product management
for Network Services and later as vice president-operations and chief operating
officer and a member of New Jersey Bell's board of directors. He was named
president and CEO of Bell Atlantic Mobile in 1991, and oversaw its merger with
Metro Mobile CTS. He subsequently was named president and CEO of the combined
Bell Atlantic Mobile and NYNEX Mobile when those two companies merged in 1995.

Strigl is past chairman (1996-97) of the Board of Directors of the Cellular
Telecommunications & Internet Association's Board of Directors, the national
industry association based in Washington, D.C. He also serves on the boards of
directors of Anadigics, Inc. and PNC Financial Services Group.

Strigl holds a degree in business administration from Canisius College in
Buffalo, NY and an MBA from Fairleigh Dickinson University in Rutherford, NJ,
which named him to its Pinnacle Society for distinguished alumni.

http://www.ctiawireless2004.com/keynotes/keynote.cfm?calID=279

http://www.ctiawireless2004.com/index.cfm
--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/