Subject: [NEXTEL-1] SpectraLink rolls out Wi-Fi industrial-grade handset, which features exclusive push-to-talk functionality.

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 20:13:17 -0500

News Release
Tuesday 10 February 2004, 12:30 GMT Tuesday 10 February 2004
SpectraLink Provides Wi-Fi Wireless Telephones to Inter-Tel

BOULDER, Colorado, February 10 /PRNewswire/ -- - Inter-Tel Expands Enterprise IP
Offerings With Model 8664 and 8665 Wireless Endpoints

SpectraLink Corporation (Nasdaq: SLNK), an industry pioneer in enterprise
wireless communications, today announced an OEM agreement with Inter-Tel
(Nasdaq: INTL), a value-added services, software and products provider of voice
and converged communications solutions for business enterprises. The OEM
agreement is part of SpectraLink's global strategy to expand the market reach of
its workplace Wi-Fi telephony products.

Under terms of the agreement, Inter-Tel will distribute SpectraLink's NetLink
Wireless Telephones under the Inter-Tel brand. Inter-Tel Models 8664 and 8665
coincide with SpectraLink's NetLink e340 and i640 Wireless Telephones.
Inter-Tel's new wireless offerings will be added to the company's expanded voice
over IP-based offerings that are designed to operate on converged enterprise IP
networks.

NetLink Wireless Telephones allow for converged mobile voice and data on a
single wireless infrastructure by operating as client devices on 802.11b (Wi-Fi)
wireless LANs. This allows enterprises to leverage their wireless LAN
infrastructure investment for both voice and data devices. Inter-Tel's inclusion
of the NetLink e340 and i640 Wireless Telephones broadens the scope of its
existing telephony suite to include the ability to leverage 802.11 wireless
networks.

"Inter-Tel's expertise and focus on the business enterprise market strategically
positions our products to meet the increasing demand for wireless solutions in
the workplace," said Mike Cronin, vice president of sales and marketing for
SpectraLink. "By using our technology, manufacturers can accelerate time to
market and save engineering expenses through the delivery of high-quality,
cost-effective Wi-Fi telephony solutions."

The Inter-Tel Model 8664 wireless endpoint enables users to access the extensive
feature set of the Inter-Tel Converged Communications System through an
enterprise wireless LAN. This lightweight handset offers superior voice quality,
extended talk time and soft-key feature access-facilitating communication
throughout the workplace. The Inter-Tel Model 8665 wireless endpoint is an
industrial-grade handset, which features exclusive push-to-talk functionality,
enabling broadcast communication between employees. Additionally, the handsets
include a high-resolution graphic display, menu-driven functions and
text-messaging capabilities.
Product Overview

SpectraLink designs, manufactures, and markets wireless systems that integrate
with a facility's existing phone system to provide telephone access anywhere in
the workplace. This enables greater workplace mobility, higher productivity, and
rapid response to customers. SpectraLink's Wireless Telephone Systems are
recognised as the highest quality, yet most cost effective in the industry, with
superior reliability, durability, coverage, and voice quality.

About SpectraLink

SpectraLink Corporation (Nasdaq: SLNK) is the leading U.S. manufacturer and
provider of wireless telephone systems for the workplace. SpectraLink
distributes its products through strategic OEM partnerships, industry-leading
service, equipment, and application providers, cultivating a vast customer base
among industries including retail, education, healthcare, manufacturing,
finance, information systems and telecommunications. For more information, visit
http://www.spectralink.com.

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/