Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Motorola introduces digital video for public safety

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 20:34:32 -0500

Motorola introduces digital video for public safety
 IWCE/MRT, Feb 18 2004

Motorola today announced a mobile digital video solution targeted to the
public-safety sector that it said addressed the growing need for
in-vehicle video recording. The system consists of a mobile digital
video recorder (MDVR) that would be mounted in a patrol car and a
digital video management solution (DVMS) that would be located at the
police department. The MDVR captures full-motion, DVD-quality video
using the MPEG-2 format, while the DVMS automatically uploads, archives
and organizes all captured video, and allows video clips and still
images to be retrieved “within seconds,” according to Motorola.
In other news, Motorola announced the addition of a 2.4GHz platform for
its Canopy wireless broadband portfolio. The solution is targeted to
enterprises and private wireless network operators who need to cover
large geographic areas or want to extend their networks to reach
customers in difficult terrain, the company said. It is particularly
effective at penetrating heavy foliage, according to Motorola, and
features a GPS synchronization capability and is available in a 128-bit
Advanced Encryption Standard model.

http://iwce-mrt.com/ar/radio_motorola_introduces_digital/index.htm

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/