Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Cingular Completes Louisiana Network Takeover

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 14:46:29 -0500

Cingular Completes Louisiana Network Takeover

Cingular Wireless completed the takeover of 16,000 Louisiana-based US
Unwired customers, along with 10 MHz of additional spectrum and
operations in the state. The $27.6 million all cash deal expands
Cingular's Louisiana network to over more than 31,840 square miles with
more than 900 cell sites.  Additionally, Cingular reports it plans to
build three times the number of cell sites as it did last year, and it
intends to generate greater in-building coverage to enhance data
services and fill in coverage to further improve its network. In doing
so, it will expand its local workforce to accommodate its rapidly
growing customer base. (Source: Cellular-News.com)

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/