Subject: [NEXTEL-1] BPL?..Time for the FCC to be replaced!]

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 17:22:33 -0500

-------- Original Message --------
From: blitz <[email-masked]>
Subject:  BPL?..Time for the FCC to be replaced!

Well, I'd rather we stuck to the provisions of "causing interference to any 
licensed service" as the launching pad.
However, recent FCC policy shows us how incredibly disregarding of their 
own rules they can be if the price is right.
I told everyone the fix was in on this, the bribes were paid, the cash 
flowed, JUST like the Nexthell garbage spreaders, we are getting the shaft 
here. It will be YEARS after deployment, and deployment will be incredibly 
swift if I read it right. Get it out there, start gouging the clientele, 
like cable does, and when interference problems arise, as they will 
undoubtedly will, claim its an essential part of the national 
infrastructure that cant be shut down. The bribes will flow, and keep 
flowing, and we will be stuck with it forever.

I personally believe the ONLY standing we will have as spectrum users is we 
were here first, and are grandfathered. There will need to be huge 
lawsuits, and the only ones who benefit from that are the greasy shysters. 
They gouge by the hour, so expect a LOT of hours as this is delayed for 
eternity.

Now, my rant:

Our "Official" protectors of the spectrum have seen fit to sell out their 
positions, and now they must be removed. Period!
 From what I see of the FCC lately, in all aspects of their work, from 
incompetent databases, to spectrum mismanagement, to Broadcast 
mismanagement / monopoly creation, to BPL, I sense total 
incompetency.  Theres either psychedelics in the water coolers or bribes in 
the pockets. I smell a paid-off gooberment agency, who's selling us out to 
the highest bidder, and to hell with repercussions, let the next generation 
figure that one out.
(The stench of the same model that corporate business in America is using 
hangs heavy here, get mine, golden parachute, and to hell with the future)
Instead of being managers of a vital resource that I need not remind you of 
THIS list, BELONGS TO EVERYONE ON EARTH, just like the air, these sleazy 
whores have turned protection of this resource into a fire sale.

I'm now calling for a complete and total elimination of the FCC. Down to 
the last file cabinet and paper clip..GONE...fire everyone, burn it down!
Give the job of spectrum management to the NIST, a place that still has 
some scientific credibility and some engineers who aren't smoking crack, 
people who at least have a passing acquaintance with science and the 
physics of the electromagnetic spectrum. Allow NO ONE formerly from the FCC 
to work at NIST after the change. Spectrum management needs to be done by 
engineers, not sales cretins and genuflecting whores. Do it the way the 
IETF manages the Internet. It would be a dammed site better run, and the 
IETF deals with a significant international presence of pressure, 
equivalent to the ITU. (Thats only one model, [and far from perfect] I wont 
delve into that now).

This has simply gone too far, it must be rectified. I've watched our 
industry being flushed, from the politikally korreckt removal of licensing 
of the practitioners of our craft, to the wholesale sell out of the 
industry by both the whores in the FCC and Congress. There is a finite 
amount of spectrum as we all know. You give them this grab at the most 
important section of spectrum from DC to light, and I will guarantee you, 
you have consigned yourselves and future generations to having no worldwide 
communications through any other media than gooberment approved and 
wiretapped channels. You will PAY for every circuit minute forever. You 
forsake the ability to communicate via RF in the HF bands, you are doomed 
to get your propaganda from official government sources forever. And we 
only have to look at the fine jobs the major media are doing here in being 
truthful and balanced in their reporting to see what THAT future holds. You 
will never be able to hear the news from any where other than the 
government approved news sources in your particular country. You are seeing 
the ability to ascertain the direct opinions of other countries around the 
world vanish.

At 14:10 2/13/2004, you wrote:
>"Applies existing Part 15 emission limits for unlicensed carrier-
>current systems to BPL systems. Part 15 rules now require BPL systems
>to eliminate any harmful interference that may occur and to "cease
>operation if they cannot," Wride said.
>
>Blitz..I believe you are right.
>I didn't dig deep enough to see what happens when the licensed Ham,
>operating in his/her proper domain and tech spec's, is pointed to as
>the culprit who's been slowing up or obliterating the data on these
>power lines.
>
>Even cable companies who use heavily shielded lines and equipment
>cannot keep a cb'er or ham out of their systems let alone contain the
>leakage of aircraft frequency interference.
>
>Does it now become the licensed party's(Ham) problem to cease and
>desist when they interfere with this system?
>
>Will townships be able to enact ordinances punishing hams for
>interference? Perhaps this would be illegal but let's face it, it's
>been done before and causes the Ham to go to great lengths to reverse
>it. I've seen many a cop go after a ham or cb'er thinking he had the
>authority.
>
>Even if a ham is protected by law/rules, what's to stop his name from
>leaking out as the culprit and causing the townfolk to mass in front
>of his house or in some other way harrass him/her?
>BobC
>
blitz <blitz@m...> wrote:
> > What did I tell you, the fix was in! Just like Nethell...
> >
> >
> > >Kiss the low bands goodbye...
> > >
> > ><http://www.arrl.org/news/stories/2004/02/12/5/?
>nc=1>http://www.arrl.org/news/stories/2004/02/12/5/?nc=1

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/