Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Integrated 3G and Wi-Fi for T-Mobile

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 06:04:26 -0500

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/Feb2004/6690.htm
--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 
<script src="http://scripts.cgispy.com/randombanner/javarbanner.cgi?user=3Gtelecoms" language="JavaScript">
</script>

Sasken

Free
eSeminar : Managing Wireless Data Networks

Anritsu

SPIRENT

Integrated
3G and Wi-Fi for T-Mobile

26th February , 2004

Europe
France : International business travelers seeking wireless broadband
connectivity on both sides of the Atlantic could benefit from a new
service launched by the T-Mobile subsidiaries of Germany's Deutsche
Telekom.

The new Wi-Fi offering allows T-Mobile customers to access--with the
same user name and password--more than 4100 hotspots in the U.S. and
another 700 in Austria, the Czech Republic, Germany, the Netherlands,
and the U.K., T-Mobile International said this week at the 3GSM World
Congress in Cannes.

T-Mobile's
wireless broadband service, based on the 802.11b standard, ranges
in price from $10 for a 24-hour day pass to $40 per month on a month-to-month
plan.

In
Cannes, T-Mobile also revealed plans for a multi-network service that
will allow users to roam "seamlessly" across three different
wireless networks: GPRS (General Packet Radio Service), WCDMA (Wideband
Code Division Multiple Access), and Wi-Fi.

The
hand-over between the networks will be automatic, according to T-Mobile
International Chief Executive Officer Rene Obermann.

Working Together

The German operator is collaborating with Cisco Systems, IBM, and
Intel in a pilot project that will enable students, initially at Frankfurt
University in Germany and later at several other European universities,
to roam across all three wireless broadband networks.

For
the pilot, T-Mobile will provide the connectivity, offering students
and professors bundled fees, which will include Wi-Fi vouchers for
the operator's hotspots and preferential fees for GPRS and WCDMA networks.
The operator will likely announce prices at the Cebit trade show in
Hanover, Germany, next month, according to Obermann.

Cisco
will provide the wireless LAN infrastructure, while IBM will furnish
the notebooks, using Intel's Centrino mobile technology.

The
Frankfurt pilot, which begins in April, is expected to last several
months, according to T-Mobile. A wider roll-out is planned from July
2004 to cover universities in Austria, the Czech Republic, the Netherlands,
and the U.K., in addition to Germany. In total, the group is targeting
more than 100 universities.

A
key goal of the university initiative is to test every piece in the
communications chain, ranging from the wireless infrastructure and
devices to content and the customer experience, T-Mobile says.

TODAY'S
PRESS RELEASES

Intel
Wireless Strategy Outlined at 3GSM

At
3GSM Intel also disclosed details of its next generation cellular and
baseband processors, including a dual mode UMTS/wide-band CDMA (WCDMA)
solution

Integrated
3G and Wi-Fi for T-Mobile

T-Mobile
revealed plans for a multi-network service that will allow users to roam
"seamlessly" across three different wireless networks: GPRS
(General Packet Radio Service), WCDMA (Wideband Code Division Multiple
Access), and Wi-Fi.

Vodafone
3G Data Card Wins Award

Vodafone
was awarded one of the mobile industry's most prestigious awards, Best
Mobile Application or Service: Corporate Market, for its Mobile Connect
Card.

3GSM
Live Video Viewed Through Phones

Visitors
to the PacketVideo stand experience live camera viewing of the 3GSM show,
local Cannes scenery and other venues on video-enabled mobile handsets
accessed via the local GPRS and UMTS networks.

3G
Phone Tear Down Results

Product
teardown analyses of three "first-wave" UMTS handsets introduced
in Europe in mid-2003 -- the NEC e-606, Motorola A830, and Nokia 6650
-- reveal

3G
Billing Systems Contracts

Formula
Telecom Solutions, Ltd. (FTS), a developer and provider of convergent
Billing and CRM solutions for the telecom industry, announced today that
it has been awarded two new contracts in Asia and in Western Europe

Reference
Design Platform For 2.5G & 3G Cellular

Comsys
Communication introduced today its chip reference design platform for
cellular baseband solutions. The baseband board platform, designed to
support multi protocol cellular standards including EDGE, GPRS, GSM and
UMTS

Lucent
- Cisco Voice over IP Wireless

Lucent
Technologies announced that it has teamed with Cisco Systems to develop
a carrier-class voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) and multimedia communications
solution

3G
UMTS Increases Data Profitability

The
most profitable services - those that occupy the sweet spot -- maximize
AMPU (Average Margin Per User), not ARPU (Average Revenue per User).

All
Material Subject to Copyright. All logos, graphics and trademarks are
the property of their respective owners.

Home
ProZone
Subscribe
To Newsletter 3G
Forum

Free
3G Phones

US
Zone ASIAZone
EuroZone
UKZone

3G
Phone Zone 3
3G
New Launches