Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Near doubling of cellular users in 4 years

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 02:16:14 -0500

Near doubling of cellular users in 4 years

The global mobile market is set to expand by over 800 million customers by 2010,
reaching the 2 billion mark in 2008 - according to the latest edition of
Baskerville's Global Mobile Forecasts to 2010 report, published later this
month.

The huge Asian markets - India and China - will drive much of this growth. 60% -
over half a billion - of all the new customers will be in the Asia Pacific and
almost 80% of these will be in India and China.
Middle East and Africa markets will show the greatest growth, albeit from a very
much smaller base. Their combined markets are due to double in size over the
period, with over 100 million new customers signing up for mobile services by
2010.

"The relatively underdeveloped US mobile market is also forecast to expand
rapidly in the next year or two - due to US operators having made their
technology choices for 2.5G and 3G - and add over 66 million new customers
between now and end-2006 " says Olivia Gibney, senior Baskerville analyst.

Global Mobile Forecasts to 2010 - 4th Edition, from Baskerville, predicts 3G
launches to begin in earnest this year and next, with 10% of the world's
customers - over 250 million - said to be using 3G services by end-2007. By
2010, the 3G customer base is forecast to have almost doubled, passing the half
a billion mark.

Posted to the site on 10-Feb-0
http://www.cellular-news.com/story/10592.shtml

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/