Subject: [NEXTEL-1] The Harmony Wireless Communication SystemTM -

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 16:15:21 -0500

The Harmony Wireless Communication SystemTM -
Scalable system

Relies on proven state-of-the-art iDEN Technology which uses TDMA (Time
Division Multiple Access)
Telephone interconnect only system
Dispatch only system
Multi-service system
Radio Frequency bands:

Transmit = 851.0125 - 869.9875 MHz.
Receive = 806.0125 - 824.9875 MHz.
Transmit = 935.01875 - 939.98125 MHz.
Receive = 896.01875 - 900.98125 MHz.

User capacity - up to 30,000

Cell site capacity - between 1 to 120

Cell site types - omni, sector

Base radios carriers per cell site - generally 13 maximum

Single base radio power output - 40 or 70 watts

Quad base radio power output - 52 watts for 1 carrier

Channel capacity - 250

Channel interleave - 6:1 dispatch, 6:1 interconnect, 3:1 interconnect

Fraud protection from user radio theft

Networking - wide area, multi-system (Harmony to Harmony, or
Harmony to iDEN), multiple subscriber unit identities

Roaming - cellular calls while operating on other Harmony or iDEN
systems

Subscriber provisioning via - local or remote consoles, off-board
systems

Over-the-air handset provisioning

System performance measurement download

Call detail records generation and FTP transfer

Billing interface for off-board billing package

Support for wireless control stations and consoles

MSO has 8-hour uninterruptible power supply

Cell sites can have optional battery backup

Dispatch calling features

Dispatch only system
Fleet capacity = 4,000
Talkgroup capacity = 12,000
Private call
Group call
Local group call
Wide area group call
Selected service area group call
Call alert
Call alert stacking
Dispatch calling line identification
Cross fleet
Domains
Private ID speed call list
Isolated site operation for group calls
Talkgroup speed call list
Segregated 800 and 900 MHz. fleets
Combined 800 and 900 MHz. fleets

Advanced dispatch features
Emergency

Priority: 15 levels

Multiple simultaneous talkgroups: 4 groups

Mobile subscriber status

Cellular telephone calling features

T1 or E1 PSTN or PBX connections

In-Band, or Out-of-Band signaling interfaces

Translations and Routing

Alternate Routing

Class of Service (COS)

Dialed Digits

Source Directed Routing

Trunk Groups

Tandem Calls

Interconnect Call Types

Land-to-Mobile Calls

Mobile-to-Land Calls

Mobile-to-Mobile Calls

System, group and individual calling restrictions

Basic Emergency Calls

E911 Phase I

Dual Tone Multi-Frequency overdial

Intra-cell and Inter-cell Handover

Call Forwarding

Call Forwarding Unconditional (CFU)

Call Forwarding Busy (CFB) Call Forwarding No Anser (CFNA)

Call Forward Not Reachable (CFNR)

Accelerated Call Forwarding Treatment

Call Line ID

Tone and announcements for call progress states

Voicemail out-dial notification

Hearing and Speech Impaired user TTY Baudot supported

Onboard or Off-board alphanumeric message with

confiremed delivery

Interface to Short Message Service Centers

Network Management capabilities

Simplified network management

Site Expansions and Additions

Call Detail Record and Performance Measurement Download

Downloading Cell Site Software

Remote Management

System Alarms

Environmental Alarms

Alarm Out-dial Remote Notification

Simultaneous Management Sessions

Ethernet Connection to Customer LANS

Enterprise Networking

You can create an enterprise communications network through integration
of
a wireline network, Harmony Wireless Communication System and iDEN
public network.  The benefits are-

Increased productivity & faster problem resolution through broader
communications "reach" Reduced cost of intra-system communications
Incorportion of existing voice communication systems Control over user
community access to voice services Internal allocation of communications
expense Desk phone and portable may be assigned to same voice mailbox
Integrate a mobile office PBX/VMS/LAN-WAN Abbreviated Dialing between
PBX and wireless users (e.g. 4 digit dialing)
VPN connections supported (e.g. 8+Loc Code+Station ID) Emergency
interconnect calls can be routed to your security operation or PSAP
Operator calls ("0") can be routed to your company desk Integration with
existing Wireline Systems "One" Communications System - PBX & wireless
"subsystems" Abbreviated dialing supported between wireline and wireless
sets Common dial plan for "on-net" and "off-net" dialing Voice messaging
systems - one mailbox per person Integration with corporate LAN/WAN for
messaging and paging No incremental charges for calls between wireline &
wireless sets Centrex Group & internal PBX call tariff models.

Operate your own on-site Wireless Network Node

Dedicated RF and call processing resources

Guaranteed access by client community

Control your clients for On/Off campus use

Scheduled downtime management independent of national
network

Client adds, changes and deleted performed locally and when
required

Overlay your network with access to a national network

Clients have expanded geographic use

Control user service access

Local telephone interconnect calling vs. long distance and international
Telephone users can be set up with unlimited calling
privileges or with restrictions Alphanumeric messaging service can be
added w/o telephone interconnect Dispatch users can be restricted to
private or group only Users can be restricted to making and receiving
dispatch service within specific sites.

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/