Subject: [NEXTEL-1] "Illinois County Selects Warning and Messaging System"

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 14:14:06 -0500

"Illinois County Selects Warning and Messaging System" Government
Technology (02/04)
DuPage County, Ill., has decided to purchase a satellite-based warning
and messaging system called EMnet to improve communication channels
during times of emergency.
The county has approved $268,000 toward the purchase of the
system and will use $409,000 in federal grant money to pay
for the rest. The system will allow police, fire, and health
care personnel in all county municipalities to share warning
information and coordinate responses during any kind of
emergency situation. EMnet guarantees the security and
accuracy of messages sent through its Internet lines. County
Board Chairman Robert Schillerstrom said DuPage's
participation in the Department of Homeland Security's
TOPOFF exercise last spring prompted county officials to
purchase the sophisticated communications system in order to
improve emergency response efforts.

=========================================================

Illinois County Selects Warning and Messaging System
News Release
Feb 03 2004
The county will contribute $268,000 toward the purchase price of the
system.  The remaining $409,000 is being funded by the Department of
Homeland Security through a grant given to the state of Illinois.
Chairman Robert Schillerstrom and the DuPage County Board unanimously
approved the purchase of the EMnet system, a satellite-based warning and
messaging system.

http://www.govtech.net/news/news.php?id=87075

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/