Subject: [NEXTEL-1] "WaveMarket Introduces First Location-Based Blogging System"

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 01:42:19 -0500

http://www.wavemarket.com/press_release1.html

WaveMarket Introduces First Location-Based Blogging System That Lets 
Users Create, Broadcast and Share Location-Time Relevant Information

  SCOTTSDALE, AZ—WaveMarket, a pioneer in location-based blogging, today 
introduced the first comprehensive location-based blogging system that 
enables users to broadcast and share location-time information from 
their cell phones with friends, affinity groups or the world. The new 
technology has implications for consumers, the enterprise and vertical 
organizations, according to Tasso Roumeliotis, WaveMarket founder and 
chief executive officer.

  Speaking from the dais of DEMO2004, technology’s most prestigious 
product conference, Roumeliotis said, “WaveMarket extends recent, 
fast-emerging blogging technology into a wider circle. Any mobile 
handset user can now share information on anything--restaurants, safety 
warnings, missing children, truck tracking or buddy finder alerts. 
Through WaveMarket’s “master blog,” everyone becomes an instant 
broadcast journalist on location, and through our blog, WaveMarket 
becomes their distribution channel.”

  At DEMO 2004 today, Roumeliotis demonstrated how the WaveIQ suite 
enabled a group of adult singles to improve a night on the town by 
posting and sharing visual and text postings on parties, celebrity 
sightings and traffic situations as they occurred, making the night 
more successful. He then walked through a series of enterprise and user 
applications showing how ultimately, any event recorded anywhere could 
be captured and broadcast by a simple process that starts with the new 
WaveMarket map interface on a subscriber’s mobile handset. “We do the 
enabling. Carriers are the distribution channel. People create the 
applications,” he said.

  WaveMarket’s patent-pending technology is positioned at a critical 
juncture between four points: blogging, time-location context, 
communications and community. “By enabling cell phones with our 
technology we make location-based blogging easy and instant for 
everyone,” Roumeliotis said.

  “Wave Market's enabling technology suite can fundamentally change who 
blogs -- and where and why they blog," said Chris Shipley, DEMO 
executive producer. By making blogging location-based and time 
sensitive, and using cell phones to mobilize posts, communications 
between affinity group members can be dramatically improved. WaveMarket 
is creating a new category—location-based blogging—which is both 
relevant and powerful."

  WaveIQ consists of three software products, all now available:

• WaveSpotter—a cellular map interface that allows users move about, 
letting users drill down to street level and post or consume blogs.

  • WaveBlog—a company-hosted super blog serving as a multiple channel 
informational clearinghouse engineered by uber blogger Russell Beattie, 
WaveMarket director of blog engineering.

  • WaveAlert—wireless operator infrastructure that allows users to be 
notified whenever they enter or leave a designated area. The server 
software powers a scalable system that reduces network loads and 
hardware requirements.

  WaveMarket is the first location-based blogging company, a new subset 
of location-based services where the company sees significant financial 
opportunity. The company also announced that SK Telecom, Korea’s 
leading wireless carrier, has signed on to be the first to incorporate 
WaveMarket’s location alerting technology, with new services available 
next quarter (see related release).

  Roumeliotis made clear his vision. “We enable a single screen archive 
to catalog an anywhere, any time visual history. Suppose 20 years from 
now, you want to see what happened here today, where the future of 
technology is being shaped. WaveMarket will have your photos and 
postings of what happened in this room at this time. WaveMarket can 
maintain a daily history of what happens anywhere— from this time 
forward. Events —big and small— state primaries, Middle Eastern 
conflicts, neighborhood improvement projects, family reunions or baby’s 
birthday can all be captured, broadcast, shared and archived. In short, 
WaveMarket enables you to see a visual history of the world, from today 
forward, written by the people of the world as it occurs.”

  The company will market its suite of three software products to 
carriers in Asia, Europe and the U.S.

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/