Subject: [NEXTEL-1] [FCC CGB-News] V-Chip

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 14:08:22 -0500

I tried setting my "V-Chip" to a conservative, modest, family viewing
level.

Then, all the channels disappeared.
Hmmm...

-Alan Dixon
"The Washington Iconoclast"

--------- Original Message ---------
From: "CGBnews" <[email-masked]>
To: "FCC Consumer Information" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 09:28:15 -0500
Subject: V-Chip

Parents have a tool in controlling their children's programming called
the "V-chip". The V-chip is a technology that lets parents block
television programming they don’t want their children to watch. The
V-Chip electronically reads television-programming ratings and allows
parents to block programs they believe are unsuitable for their children.
(Ratings appear in the corner of your television screen during the first
15 seconds of a program and in TV programming guides). This rating is
encoded into the program, and the V-chip technology reads the encoded
information and blocks shows accordingly. Using the remote control,
parents can program the V-chip to block certain shows based on their
ratings. Read more on V-chip at
http://www.fcc.gov/cgb/consumerfacts/vchip.html

-
You are currently subscribed to <[email-masked]> as:
<WPUC720@j...>
--

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/