Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Verizon Wireless rips "SCAM PLAN"in FCC filing

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 14:28:08 -0500

Verizon Wireless rips "SCAM PLAN" in FCC filing

IWCE/MRT

Feb 20 2004 

In a recent filing submitted to the Federal Communications Commission,
Verizon Wireless assailed the Consensus Plan, which would alleviate
interference problems in the 800 MHz band by providing Nextel
Communications and public-safety organizations with contiguous spectrum
in the band and giving Nextel spectrum the 1.9 GHz band. In the filing,
Verizon Wireless defended an appraisal conducted last fall by Westfield,
N.J.-based Kane Reece Associates, which said the value of Nextel’s
spectrum holdings would increase by $7.2 billion.

Nextel had rebutted Kane Reece’s filings with its own study conducted by
Sun Fire Group, which questioned the methodology used by Kane Reece.
However, Verizon Wireless accused Sun Fire Group of also using flawed
methodology, which resulted in a “simply not credible” conclusion that
Nextel’s spectrum assets after adoption of the Consensus Plan would be
roughly $1 billion less that the value of the spectrum the company holds
today. Among the flaws alleged by Verizon Wireless was a “serious”
overstatement of the value of the spectrum Nextel would relinquish.

In addition, while Kane Reece concluded that the “improved spectrum”
Nextel would receive in the 800 MHz band would be worth an addition $2.3
billion to Nextel, Sun Fire Group “failed to assign any value” to this
spectrum due to an allegedly “flawed kHz-for-kHz analysis that ignored
the differences in attributes” between the non-contiguous, encumbered
spectrum Nextel would turn in and the contiguous, unencumbered spectrum
it would receive in return, said John Scott, Verizon Wireless’s vice
president and deputy counsel-regulatory law, in the filing. 

 http://iwce-mrt.com/ar/radio_verizon_wireless_rips/index.htm

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/