Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Nassau County Police Department Radio and Data Communication Project

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 23:17:26 -0500

Nassau County Police Department Radio and Data Communication Project
NOTICE TO ALL INTERESTED PROPOSERS
NASSAU COUNTY RADIO PROJECT

Update on RFP Release
Release of the RFP is expected to be mid March 2004

NOTICE TO POTENTIAL PROPOSERS—SYSTEM DEMOS
JANUARY 23, 2004

In order to better understand the performance of currently available
trunked radio equipment in the 500 to 506 MHz frequency band, Nassau
County will be evaluating a single site trunked radio system that will
shortly be temporarily installed in Nassau County.

Nassau County will also be evaluating an existing trunked, 500 to 506
MHz, radio system currently in use by a public safety agency in Bucks
County, PA.

The results of these evaluations will help Nassau County to better
understand the capabilities of current, state-of-the-art 500 to 506 MHz
trunked LMR systems.

Any questions or comments should be made via email to
[email-masked]
NASSAU COUNTY RADIO PROJECT
NOTICE TO POTENTIAL PROPOSERS—SITE VISITS

JANUARY 23, 2004

Due to the tight time schedule required to procure and implement a new
state-of-the-art Land Mobile Radio System, Nassau County has decided to
allow potential proposers to begin site visits as early as 01/27/04.
Interested parties should make a request via email to
[email-masked] , as soon as possible, with: 1) a list of
potential radio sites that they wish to visit, and 2) a recommended
visitation schedule.
Mission

To implement a wireless communication system that provides
seamless coverage throughout Nassau County, While maintaining
interoperability
with agencies within and outside the county

Objective
To provide a seamless. coordinated, and integrated
communication system to serve the county's mission in
serving and protecting life and property

Register
In order to receive more information regarding this
procurement, interested parties should register their
contact information by clicking here
http://www.police.co.nassau.ny.us/radioproject.htm

http://www.police.co.nassau.ny.us/rfp.htm

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/