Subject: Re: [NEXTEL-1] VoIP flaws

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 14:19:40 -0500

http://news.com.com/2100-1002_3-5140284.html?tag=nefd_lede

A technical review conducted by the British government has found several
security flaws in products that use VoIP and text messaging, including
those
from Microsoft and Cisco Systems.  The flaws affect software and hardware
that support the real-time multimedia communications and processing
standard, known as the International Telecommunications Union (ITU) H.323
standard.

The security problems can cause a product that supports H.323 to crash. For
example, in Cisco telecommunications products running its IOS operating
system, the vulnerability could be used to cause the devices to freeze or
reboot. However, on Microsoft's Internet Security and Acceleration Server
2000, which is included with Small Business Server 2000 and 2003 editions,
the vulnerability could allow an attacker to take control of the system.

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/