Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Wireless Technology on the Track and In the Stands

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 02:20:14 -0500

Wireless Technology on the Track and In the Stands
February 11, 2004 3:00pm
PR Newswire

LOS ANGELES, Feb. 11 /PRNewswire/ -- Creditel, a company that offers secure
credit card payment via Nextel handsets by Motorola on Nextel's nationwide data
network, will make it easy for vendors to process customers' credit card
purchases with its PowerSwipe™ device at the Daytona races on February 14 and
15, including the Hershey's Kisses 300.

"The PowerSwipe is the perfect solution for the race track and other locations
where traditional credit card terminals are not available," said Georges F.
Elias, chief executive officer of Creditel. "This is just the beginning. In the
next few months consumers will be able to use credit cards at vendors using
PowerSwipe ranging from race tracks, delivery businesses, airport shuttles and
field service technicians."

"With this wireless payment solution, we have created a truly mobile retail
sales environment in which vendors offer their customers more choices, increase
the speed of credit card transactions, and reduce expenses and bad debt," says
Bob Halcrow, Nextel's vice president, Retail Industries. "We see the Creditel
PowerSwipe as a great solution for our retail customers and one that will enable
many of them to expand their businesses to include secure off-site sales."

The PowerSwipe point-of-sale (POS) device revolutionizes mobile businesses by
making it fast, easy and affordable to securely process credit cards directly
from Java™ technology-enabled Motorola iDEN i50sx, i55sr, i58sr, i85s and i88s
handsets for Nextel. PowerSwipe has a sleek design that connects to the phone
for convenient, unobstructed use. Weighing only 3.1 ounces, it incorporates a
magnetic strip reader, infrared printing port, and pass-through connector for
charging the handset battery in an easily integrated package.

The PowerSwipe device utilizes Creditel's patent-pending advanced digital
"secure-at-the-swipe" encryption technology. This technology, specifically
designed to guard against credit card skimming and identity theft, is not
available in any other mobile or stationary POS device. With the PowerSwipe,
transactions are authorized and verified in seconds, instead of minutes and can
support a fax or email transaction record or print a standard receipt to a
wireless printer.

During the nationally televised Daytona race, Creditel and Televigation will
sponsor Kevin Conway's No. 57 Dodge Intrepid which will feature the PowerSwipe
logo on the car. Televigation, which developed the TeleNav solution, will also
have their logo featured on the car. TeleNav provides driving directions service
and a location-based tracking system for use through the Nextel network and
handsets. An introductory version of TeleNav is preloaded on Nextel's new NASCAR
Nextel Cup Series™ phones and NASCAR Nextel Cup Series™ Driver Phones.

"I am excited about racing at Daytona with the PowerSwipe and TeleNav teams
behind me," said Conway, 25, a technology enthusiast himself, who drives for
team owner Ernie Irvan. "PowerSwipe and TeleNav emphasize speed, convenience and
security. Those are subjects I can definitely understand and appreciate."

About Creditel
Creditel offers businesses of all sizes secure, affordable, fast and easy-to-use
wireless transaction solutions and an interactive environment designed to
immediately increase profitability and enhance productivity. For more
information on Creditel products and services, please visit
www.creditelcorp.com.

About Televigation
Televigation is the leading provider of technology enabling wireless
motion-based services, which are location-based services specifically designed
for the growing use of wireless devices in a mobile context. Motion-based
services focus on a wireless user's movement, because in a mobile world the path
of the user determines what information is relevant for the user. Televigation's
technology can deliver voice-interface, feature-rich motion-based services over
standard mobile phones and other wireless devices. For more information, visit
the company's web site at www.televigation.com.

http://www.hoovers.com/free/news/detail.xhtml?ArticleID=NR200402111680.2_3faa001d61ba36dd

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Send the freshest Valentine's flowers with a FREE vase from only $29.99!
Shipped direct from the grower with a 7 day freshness guarantee and prices so low you save 30-55% off retail!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/_iAw9B/xdlHAA/3jkFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/