Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Re: Nextel saves City, County of San Diego

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2004 04:40:10 -0500

-------- Original Message --------
From: "BobC" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Nextel saves City, County of San Diego $$$$ in replacement
radio costs; recommends EF Johnson radios as alternative

This reads like a new car commercial.

In this case, saving money means having to spend money to obtain the 
savings. How is that saving?

Nextel isn't "saving" anyone any money. The only way Nextel can 
truthfully say it's saving anyone any money is if Nextel ceases to 
exist.

Then, and only then, can the statement be true. Otherwise it's 
costing everyone involved something in one way or another. That's 
regardless of any subsidies or renumerations Nextel may provide.

If Nextel weren't there in the first place none of this would "cost" 
anyone anything.

They must be using some of the "new math" that I can't understand.

http://svartifoss2.fcc.gov/prod/ecfs/retrieve.cgi?native_or_pdf=pdf&id_document=6515783010

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 15:30:36 -0500

Exactly-

Nextel's interference is a product of their deployment methodology and
lack of proper optimization as I have always said. Nextel's UNBALANCED
path cause havoc constantly. Lack of proper parameter adjustment is
another reason for Nextel's trouble, But the won't address either issue.

-------- Original Message --------
From: Mark Krotz <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Nextel saves City, County of San Diego

If the fault is the spectral purity and wideband noise of the iDEN 
transmitters, then why aren't all carriers deploying them having the 
same issues causing Ix to other users of the spectrum????

M

 
Yahoo! Groups Links

---

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 15:21:07 -0500

-------- Original Message --------
From: "Bill Waugaman" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re:  Re: Nextel saves City, County of San Diego 

Use of Hybrid vs cavity TX combiners. If you do a lot of site retunes
due to
system expansion and frequency reuse, you don't want to have to visit
the
sites every few months and retune all the combiner cavities. So Nextel
uses
mostly hybrid combiners.

The other guys have mostly site-specific frequency plans, do not retune
often, and use cavity combiners which have lower loss and tighter
skirts.

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Mark Krotz" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Sunday, February 22, 2004 12:32 PM
Subject: Re: Nextel saves City, County of San Diego

>
> > I could see Motorola taking a small hit for the problems. Only to the
> > degree that they probably could have gone a bit further in creating a
> > Iden transmitter design that exceeded the FCC's spectral limits to a
> > higher degree. I believe Motorola was aware of the wideband noise but
> > chose to ignore it because there wasn't as much activity on 800 then
> > and they had already met FCC standards.
>

 
Yahoo! Groups Links