Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Comarco unveils in-building test system

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 13:09:37 -0500

Comarco unveils in-building test system
February 18 11:42:00, 2004

IRVINE, Calif.—Comarco introduced Seven.Five Navigator, a dual calling
module test system with built-in inertial navigation for in-building
wireless testing.

The company said Seven.Five Navigator is lightweight and battery
powered, making it ideally suited for evaluating network performance
inside buildings or where pedestrian use is predominant. The product’s
calling modules use dedicated single-board computers running Windows XP,
along with proprietary voice and video Quality of Service algorithms, to
obtain measurements from the perspective of the wireless subscriber.

“We built inertial navigation into the Seven.Five Navigator because the
cellular carriers need a simple way of evaluating QoS in areas where GPS
signals are not available,” said Greg Maton, senior vice president of
Comarco. “This unique system can be used in or between large buildings
using inertial navigation, and also in drive-test applications, using
its built-in GPS positioning. We now have a system that can work in any
environment as well as with any generation of wireless technology.”

http://rcrnews.com/cgi-bin/news.pl?newsId=16934

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/