Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Homeland security funds new radios

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 11:24:40 -0500

Homeland security funds new radios
Tuesday, January 27, 2004

Red Willow County commissioners approved the purchase of updated radio equipment
and a semi-tractor rig during their weekly meeting Monday morning.

Commission Chairman Earl McNutt said the county "can't go wrong," with the
purchase of the radio equipment and community repeater control panel from Silver
Creek Technologies, spending $12,196.30 awarded to the county by the nation's
Homeland Security grant program.

SCT Owner Lucas Haag of rural Bartley said the equipment will be up and running
in about 1 to 1 1/2 months.
Commissioners and Haag also discussed the county's possibly use of Haag's tower
south of Indianola. For $200 a month, SCT will provide the antennae and coaxial
cable and diesel back-up generator.
Commissioners will discuss tower options at another meeting.

In an emergency agenda item, commissioners approved the purchase of a 1995
Freightliner semi-tractor, for $11,500, from Van Diest Supply Co., Webster City,
Iowa.

The semi-tractor will be purchased with funds generated by the county's
hazardous materials program; no tax payer money will be needed.

Hazmat program director Bill Elliott said he can fly to Webster City with McCook
pilot Dick Trail, who is en route to Illinois for training.

Elliott priced a second truck, a 1996 Freightliner, offered through Central
Truck and Equipment, McCook, for $11,500.
Commissioner Steve Downer said the board approved the purchase of the Van Diest
truck because of Van Diest's reputation for taking care of and maintaining its
vehicles. Elliott said, "Van Diest takes real good care of their trucks."
Sitting as a board of equalization, commissioners approved the renewal of motor
vehicle tax exemption applications for First Baptist, First Assembly of God,
Peace Lutheran and St. Patrick's Catholic churches, Hillcrest Nursing Home and
the Tehama Shrine Oriental Band.

http://www.mccookgazette.com/story/1060676.html

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Send the freshest Valentine's flowers with a FREE vase from only $29.99!
Shipped direct from the grower with a 7 day freshness guarantee and prices so low you save 30-55% off retail!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/_iAw9B/xdlHAA/3jkFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/