Subject: [NEXTEL-1] China to get Push to Talk

From: "marcel_rf1" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 08:38:09 -0000

China to get Push to Talk

The Push to Talk software vendor, fastmobile has signed an agreement for marketing, sales and
operations in China. This agreement with UP Technologies is the first of its kind bringing fastchat to
China's GSM-GPRS networks.

Planned for launch later this year on a range of handsets including the Nokia 6600 Smartphone and an
embedded handset from a soon to be announced partner, fastmobile's fastchat instant
communications service gives mobile phones the combined power of push2talk (aka voice instant
messaging) and multimedia communications. Driven by a presence-based contact list, fastchat
seamlessly integrates these messaging mediums into a powerfully simple service that also links the
mobile and PC worlds via Instant Messaging and email.

Adam Sewall, SVP of fastmobile, said: "Bringing fastchat to the world's largest mobile phone market
represents a significant step for the company. We're very pleased to achieve this milestone with our
partner UP Technologies, who deliver a unique ability to distribute our service and work with various
handset manufacturers to bring fastchat to an ever growing number of mobile phones."

Sewall added: "The value fastchat offers carriers goes beyond just fueling an increase in
person-to-person interactions. fastchat extends its 'push-to' experience to provide consumers instant
access to request and share personalized Internet-based content such as enterprise applications,
games, simple entertainment and information, all driving carriers' revenues."

Julian Gao, VP at UP Technologies, said: "fastchat's ability to create incremental revenue for the
carriers was a critical factor in UP's decision to move forward. After extensive testing of multiple
vendors' solutions we chose fastmobile based on the strength of their technology, the anticipated
market appeal of their differentiated service and their commitment to the Chinese market."

Mr. Gao added: "fastchat is enabling us to add multiple types of interactive content to our service
offerings. This allows us to bring all types of media to multiple users on various handsets and
networks. fastchat is now enabling our VIM (Voice Instant Messaging) and other applications to our
U-Communicator and U-Pad devices, bringing tremendous value to our enterprise customers."

Gao concluded: "Additionally, the Chinese consumer mobile market will now have an inexpensive and
compelling means of multi-modal communications with a vast quantity of content that previously was
not practical to deliver."

The commercial contract includes jointly agreed customer commitment goals as well as an
undisclosed sum of marketing and promotional investment committed by UP Technologies upon the
launch of fastchat in several key provinces.

http://www.cellular-news.com/story/10634.shtml

Posted to the site on 16-Feb-04

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/