Subject: [NEXTEL-1] NTIA Notice of Inquiry on U.S. Spectrum Management Policy

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 04:35:41 -0500

February 2, 2004

DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE

National Telecommunications
and Information Administration

Docket No.  040127027-4027-01

United States Spectrum
Management Policy For the 21st Century

AGENCY: National Telecommunications and
Information Administration, U.S. Department of Commerce

ACTION:   Notice of Inquiry

SUMMARY:  The United States Department of Commerce's National
Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA) seeks comments on
policy reforms relative to the management of the natural resource known as
the "radio frequency spectrum."  In the Executive Memorandum on Spectrum
Policy in the 21st Century signed by President George W. Bush on May 29,
2003, the Administration announced its commitment to develop and implement a
modernized United States spectrum policy. (1)   Pursuant to this commitment,
the Secretary of Commerce is conducting a comprehensive review to develop
recommendations for improving the United States' spectrum management
policies regarding the organization, processes, and procedures affecting
Federal government, State, local and private sector spectrum use.

DATE: Comments are requested on or before March 18, 2004.

ADDRESS:  Written comments may be submitted by mail to Norbert Schroeder,
Strategic Spectrum Planning and Reform Division, National Telecommunications
and Information Administration, 1401 Constitution Avenue, N.W., Room 4082,
Washington, DC 20230. Paper submissions should include a three and one-half
inch computer diskette in HTML, ASCII, Word or WordPerfect format (please
specify version).  Diskettes should be labeled with the name and
organizational affiliation of the filer, and the name of the word processing
program used to create the document.  Alternatively, comments may be
submitted electronically to [email-masked].  Comments provided
via electronic mail should also be submitted in one or more of the formats
specified above.   Comments will be posted on NTIA's website at
http://spectrumreform.ntia.doc.gov.

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:   For questions about this Notice, contact:
Norbert Schroeder, National Telecommunications and Information
Administration, U.S. Department of Commerce, 1401 Constitution Avenue, N.W.,
Room 4082, Washington, DC  20230; telephone:  (202) 482-6207; or email:
[email-masked];  or Derrick Owens,  National Telecommunications and
Information Administration, U.S. Department of Commerce, 1401 Constitution
Avenue, N.W. , Room 4099, Washington, DC  20230; telephone:  (202) 482-1850;
or email:  [email-masked].

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
----

(1) Presidential Memorandum on Spectrum Policy for the 21st Century, 69 Fed.
Reg. 1568 (Jan. 9, 2004).

http://www.ntia.doc.gov/ntiahome/frnotices/2004/SpectrumInitiativeNOI_01282004.doc

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Send the freshest Valentine's flowers with a FREE vase from only $29.99!
Shipped direct from the grower with a 7 day freshness guarantee and prices so low you save 30-55% off retail!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/_iAw9B/xdlHAA/3jkFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/