Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel saves City, County of San Diego

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 13:29:10 -0500

-------- Original Message --------
From: Jack Daniel <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re:  Nextel saves City, County of San Diego $$$$ in replacement
radio co...

I'm not sure the San Diego City/County situation has much effect on
Nextel's business tactics. They treat everyone the same way. What they
do in San Diego they will do elsewhere. Nextel's revelation they propose
substituting one brand for another is what started this thread.

Nextel will do anything to get the enourmous dollar windfall that will
occur if they can force the FCC to approve their plan. The amount of
money they are spending and the tactics they are using are becoming more
visible every day. 

For example, the article in the NY Times last Friday about their $15
million dollar payment to Guilliano for his endorsement and support. A
lot of people weren't aware that Guiliano was on Nextels's payroll when
he appeared at the APCO national conference last year or any of the
other local and state meetings where he has recommended Nextel's
position. 

This is the way business gets done, Mextel style.

Both San Diego agencies are customers of mine and have made several
informative presenations to the S. Cal groups working to resolve the
Nextel problem. The primary issues are detailed in their join FCC
filings.

Jack Daniel
================================

[email-masked] wrote:
> 
> San Diego presents the most difficult issue to be dealt with in this
> proceeding (or any other proceeding dealing with 800 MHz spectrum).  The terrain, the
> lack of spectrum (only 1/2 of the 800 MHz channels are available to be used in
> San Diego, as the other half are allocated to Mexico) and the proximity to
> L.A. (taking up a ton of the channels) makes San Diego a unique situation that
> is more difficult to fix than other areas.
> 
> Alan T.
> 
> In a message dated 2/23/2004 11:33:15 AM Eastern Standard Time,
> [email-masked] writes:
> Fascinating,
> 
> certainly shows the lobbying tactics used by Nextel to four wall an issue.
> Seems a bit odd that Nextel would become so involved in one particular City
> out of hundreds that would be affected by a consensus plan.  But more
> importantly, shows a callousness towards the serious interference situation
> today.
> 
> KW
>

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/