Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Motorola Trial WiFi Enables Gendarmeria

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 03:39:57 -0500

Motorola Trial WiFi Enables Gendarmeria
Vaticana Security Network
Monday February 23, 1:15 pm ET

CANNES, France, Feb. 23 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Motorola, Inc.'s
Global Telecom Solutions Sector (GTSS) today announced it is delivering
a trial WiFi (Wireless Local Area Network) system to the Gendarmeria
Vaticana. The WiFi system will provide Gendarmeria Vaticana officers
with access to the police security network through wireless devices such
as laptops and PDAs. Wireless access to the security network will enable
the officers to access data-heavy applications on patrol, helping to
improve their effectiveness.

The high data speed network can
support real-time video streaming,
giving the police officer wireless
access to the CCTV network and
intelligent number- plate checking
databases. The WiFi system
operates on the 802.11g standard,
which transfers data five times faster
than conventional 802.11b systems.

The WiFi system Motorola designed
is divided into three main areas: the
radio network, which includes WiFi
access points and cards; the core
network, which includes routers
firewalls; and cabling. The service
Motorola delivered included a radio
frequency survey, system design, installation and network management.

Margaret Rice-Jones, corporate vice president of Motorola and general
manager, GTSS EMEA, said: "By working in partnership with the Vatican
State Government and the 'Gendarmeria Vaticana', we have designed a
wireless network to meet the special requirements for the police in this
state. Our heritage in providing tailor-made secure communications
systems has meant we can map onto the needs of the Vatican, while
delivering high performance technology."
Note to editors: Gendarmeria Vaticana refers to the Vatican Police.
http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/040223/cgm039_1.html

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/