Subject: [NEXTEL-1] PTT supplier signs IBM deal

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 02:37:16 -0500

PTT supplier signs IBM deal
fastmobile, the push- 2-talk provider have agreed to a major worldwide
partnership alliance with IBM, to offer customized push-2-talk solutions
along with a full suite of standards based services to operators
worldwide. The service will enable the fastmobile push-2-talk function
to be offered either on an ASP basis or installed as a core feature in
an operator's network.
Kang Lee, fastmobile President and CEO, said, "This is much more than a
partnership agreement. We have been working on the planned solution for
several months and are convinced that this will offer operators the
flexibility of a world renowned reputation with the speed of the
fastmobile deployment plan.
"Both parties will be putting considerable sales resources behind the
solution to ensure maximum take up amongst mobile operators of this
service worldwide."
fastmobile, who last week announced plans to launch push-2-talk in China
with UP Tech, are planning to use the partnership and the joint solution
to cement their position as the key player in the market for push-2-talk
and other push to connect services.
Lee added, "This alliance will mean that any operator planning to launch
a push to service will find this combination compelling on multiple
levels. The scale of IBM and our status as pioneers in push-2-talk adds
up to a both validated and cost effective means of launching revenue
building opportunities for mobile operators."

http://www.cellular-news.com/story/10696.shtml

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/