Subject: Re: [NEXTEL-1] Device to steal ATM accounts

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 14:20:09 -0500

Subject: Re: Interesting device to steal ATM accounts

 > Bank ATMs Converted to Steal Bank Customer IDs
 > http://www.utexas.edu/admin/utpd/atm.html

Israeli news site Ynet has a story on an ATM theft that has an uncanny
resemblance to what's described in the article I am replying to.
(In Hebrew: http://www.ynet.co.il/articles/0,7340,L-2877093,00.html) 

Apparently such a system was installed at a branch of the Israeli Bank
HaPo`alim in the city of Ramat Gan, resulting in the theft of 200,000 INS
(approximately 44,500 USD).

The bank mentioned in its press release that suspicious activity was
detected in three other branches of the bank, but no signs of such an ATM
theft system was found. Furthermore, since any bank customer can draw money
from any bank's ATM, a portion of the customers belonged to other Israeli
banks.

The Ynet article also mentions that the crime was apparently committed by a
Romanian gang.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/