Subject: [NEXTEL-1] FCC - 02/13/2004

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 19:02:56 -0500

FCC OPENS PROCEEDING TO STREAMLINE AND IMPROVE NETWORK OUTAGE
REPORTING.   The Commission adopted Notice that proposes to require
wireless, wireline, cable and satellite telecommunications providers to
report information electronically to the Commission about disruptions to
their communications systems..  News Release. (Dkt No 04-35). Adopted:
02/12/2004. News Media Contact: Lauren Van Wazer (202) 418-0030  OET.
Contact Kent Nilsson (202) 418-0845
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-243862A1.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-243862A2.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-243862A3.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-243862A4.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-243862A5.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-243862A1.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-243862A2.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-243862A3.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-243862A4.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-243862A5.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-243862A1.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-243862A2.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-243862A3.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-243862A4.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-243862A5.txt> 

 FCC PROPOSES RULES FOR BROADBAND OVER POWER LINES TO PROMOTE BROADBAND
SERVICE TO UNDERSERVED AREAS AND INCREASE COMPETITION.   The Commission
today proposed changes to certain technical rules that will foster
broadband deployment using untapped capabilities of the nation's power
grid, while safeguarding existing services against harmful
interference..  News Release.  Action by:  By the Commission. (Dkt No
04-37). Adopted:  02/12/2004. News Media Contact: Lauren Van Wazer (202)
418-0030  OET. Contact Anh Wride (202) 418-0577
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-243879A1.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-243879A2.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-243879A3.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-243879A4.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-243879A5.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-243879A6.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-243879A1.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-243879A2.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-243879A3.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-243879A4.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-243879A5.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-243879A6.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-243879A1.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-243879A2.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-243879A3.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-243879A4.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-243879A5.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-243879A6.txt> 

 FCC RULES THAT PULVER.COM'S FREE WORLD DIALUP SERVICE SHOULD REMAIN
FREE FROM UNNECESSARY REGULATION.   In separate action FCC adops broad
inquiry into Internet Protocol-enabled services.  News Release. Adopted:
02/12/2004. News Media Contact: Mike Balmoris, 202-418-0253  WCB
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-243869A1.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-243869A2.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-243869A3.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-243869A4.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-243869A5.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-243869A6.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-243869A1.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-243869A2.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-243869A3.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-243869A4.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-243869A5.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-243869A6.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-243869A1.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-243869A2.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-243869A3.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-243869A4.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-243869A5.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-243869A6.txt> 

 FCC MOVES TO ALLOW MORE OPPORTUNITIES FOR CONSUMERS THROUGH VOICE
SERVICES OVER THE INTERNET.   The FCC initiated a  major proceeding to
examine opportunities that allow consumers greater choices created by
voice services provided over the Internet.  News Release. Adopted:
02/12/2004. News Media Contact: Mike Balmoris, 202-418-0253  WCB
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-243868A1.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-243868A2.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-243868A3.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-243868A4.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-243868A5.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-243868A6.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-243868A1.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-243868A2.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-243868A3.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-243868A4.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-243868A5.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-243868A6.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-243868A1.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-243868A2.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-243868A3.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-243868A4.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-243868A5.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-243868A6.txt> 
 						
 Released:  02/13/2004.  WIRELINE COMPETITION BUREAU SEEKS COMMENT ON
PETITION OF NCPR, INC. D/B/A NEXTEL PARTNERS FOR WAIVER OF SECTIONS
54.307(C) AND 54.314(D) OF THE COMMISSION'S RULES. (Dkt No 96-45).  WCB.
Contact:  Thomas Buckley at (202) 418-7400, TTY: (202) 418-0484
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-243911A1.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-243911A1.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-243911A1.txt> 

Report No: CWS-04-20 Released:  02/13/2004.  ANTENNA STRUCTURE
REGISTRATION SERVICE INFORMATION.  WTB
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-243859A1.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-243859A1.txt> 

Report No: CWS-04-19 Released:  02/13/2004.  ANTENNA STRUCTURE
REGISTRATION SERVICE INFORMATION.  WTB
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-243883A1.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-243883A1.txt> 

 Released:  02/13/2004.  WIRELESS TELECOMMUNICATIONS BUREAU SEEKS
COMMENT ON MARITEL, INC. PROPOSAL FOR SHARED USE OF MARITIME VHF
CHANNELS 87B AND 88B FOR AUTOMATIC IDENTIFICATION SYSTEMS. (DA No.
04-378). Comments Due:  02/27/2004. Reply Comments Due:  03/05/2004.
WTB. Contact:  Tim Maguire or Jeffrey Tobias at (202) 418-0680, TTY:
(202) 418-7233 or email: [email-masked] or [email-masked]
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-04-378A1.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-04-378A1.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-04-378A1.txt> 

 TESTIMONY OF COMMISSIONER, KATHLEEN Q. ABERNATHY, FCC, BEFORE THE
UNITED STATES HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES, COMMITTEE ON ENERGY AND
COMMERCE, SUBCOMMITTEE ON TELECOMMUNICATIONS AND THE INTERNET by
Statement.  CMMR
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-243913A1.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-243913A1.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-243913A1.txt> 

 TESTIMONY OF COMMISSIONER JONATHAN S. ADELSTEIN, BEFORE THE SENATE
COMMITTEE ON COMMERCE, SCIENCE, AND TRANSPORTATION; AND ENERGY AND
COMMERCE COMMITTEE, SUBCOMMITTEE ON TELECOMMUNICATIONS AND THE INTERNET
by Statement.  CMMR
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-243902A1.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-243902A1.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-243902A1.txt> 

 TESTIMONY OF COMMISSIONER KEVIN J. MARTIN, BEFORE THE SENATE COMMITTEE
ON COMMERCE, SCIENCE, AND TRANSPORTATION; AND HOUSE ENERGY AND COMMERCE
COMMITTEE, SUBCOMMITTEE ON TELECOMMUNICATIONS AND THE INTERNET. by
Statement.  CMMR
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-243865A1.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-243865A2.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-243865A3.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-243865A1.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-243865A2.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-243865A3.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-243865A1.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-243865A2.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-243865A3.txt> 

 TESTIMONY OF COMMISSIONER KATHLEEN Q. ABERNATHY, BEFORE THE SENATE
COMMITTEE ON COMMERCE, SCIENCE, AND TRANSPORTATION; AND HOUSE ENERGY AND
COMMERCE COMMITTEE, SUBCOMMITTEE ON TELECOMMUNICATIONS AND THE INTERNET
by Statement.  CMMR
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-243910A1.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-243910A1.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-243910A1.txt> 

 APPLICATIONS FOR CONSENT TO THE ASSIGNMENT OF LICENSES FROM NEXTWAVE
PERSONAL COMMUNICATIONS, INC., AND NEXTWAVE POWER PARTNERS,  INC., TO
SUBSIDIARIES OF CINGULAR WIRELESS LLC.   Granted the applications of
several NextWave Personal Communications entities to assign PCS licenses
to Cingular Wireless. (Dkt No.  03-217). Action by:  the Commission.
Adopted:  02/11/2004 by MO&O. (FCC No. 04-26).  WTB
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/FCC-04-26A1.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/FCC-04-26A1.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/FCC-04-26A1.txt>

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Send the freshest Valentine's flowers with a FREE vase from only $29.99!
Shipped direct from the grower with a 7 day freshness guarantee and prices so low you save 30-55% off retail!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/_iAw9B/xdlHAA/3jkFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/