Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Landline to Wireless Ports Near 60,000

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 14:44:11 -0500

Landline to Wireless Ports Near 60,000

The Associated Press reports since wireless number portability (WNP) went into
effect, nearly 60,000 mobile customers have decided to port their landline
numbers to wireless. However, not all ports have been a smooth process.
Thousands of landline customers' requests to port their numbers to wireless are
still waiting for their request to be processed. A major wireless service
provider reports nearly one third of the new customers looking to move a home
number to a cell phone became tired of waiting and canceled their orders;
despite rules set by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) requiring
carriers to complete the process within four days. (Source: AP)

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/