Subject: [NEXTEL-1] I-81 Call Boxes Will Be Removed in Pennsylvania

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 18:31:51 -0400

I-81 Call Boxes Will Be Removed in Pennsylvania

Link to article in The Citizens Voice (Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania):

http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=11279214&BRD=2259&PAG=461&dept_id=455154&rfi=6

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: "Madden, Roger" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 10:41:33 -0400

Unfortunately, this is another prime example of "screw the masses, we
want to save money" thinking.  The rural poor typically don't own cell
phones, so they are left in the lurch when call boxes are removed.  

I agree that call boxes aren't required in urban environments.  The
slowdown in traffic that is caused by incidents, car trouble, clogged
run out lanes, etc. soon cause notice and secondary accidents to which
the PD responds.  Not necessarily so in rural America.

Roger
__________

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, April 12, 2004 6:32 PM
To: [email-masked]; WFHSG
Subject: [NEXTEL-1] I-81 Call Boxes Will Be Removed in Pennsylvania

http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=11279214&BRD=2259&PAG=461&dept
_id=455154&rfi=6

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security. Subscribe to
WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com.  Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

 
Yahoo! Groups Links