Subject: [NEXTEL-1] : Spirent Communications announced the commercial release of its new Push To Tal

From: marcel_rf1 <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2004 18:11:21 -0000

Europe : Spirent Communications announced the commercial release of 
its new Push To Talk Over-The-Air (PTT-OTA) Test System. Spirent's 
PTT-OTA Test System is the first-to-market solution to meet the test 
challenges associated with CDMA networks and handsets that support 
Voice over IP (VoIP) PTT. 

Leading CDMA carriers worldwide are looking to exploit the additional 
revenue generation potential of new PTT services. Wireless VoIP PTT 
capabilities are extremely attractive to enterprise dispatch users, 
who rely on virtually instant communication access. Before the 
rollout of PTT, CDMA service providers did not offer "walkie-talkie" 
functionality to these customers. 

To ensure the commercial success of VoIP PTT services, wireless 
carriers have to accurately qualify the performance parameters in 
wireless networks and handsets, evaluating key factors such as voice 
quality, call setup delay and intra-call latency. Ultimately, end 
user satisfaction will drive the success of VoIP PTT services. 
Spirent's PTT-OTA System gives service providers a proven test 
platform to guarantee the highest quality of service to repeatedly 
quantify performance measurements.

"Push To Talk is headed for widespread deployment," states Rob 
VanBrunt, vice president of wireless product marketing at Spirent 
Communications. "However, without thorough testing, customer 
experience of these new services may be disappointing. Spirent has 
worked with major CDMA service providers to develop a solution that 
will qualify PTT handset performance and help ensure end-user 
satisfaction."

Spirent's PTT-OTA Test System is flexible and scalable and will 
enable users to progress from an over-the-air test system to a fully 
integrated, automated lab-based test solution. The PTT-OTA system 
combines Spirent's proven TestDrive test executive software for 
overall system control and test management, Spirent's Universal 
Diagnostic Monitor (UDM) for automated mobile device control and 
monitoring, and Opticom's industry-leading OPERATM voice quality 
software package to create a scalable solution that meets the 
analysis needs of both lab and field users.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com.  Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/