Subject: [NEXTEL-1] LG to sell Push to Talk handsets

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 03:59:50 -0400

LG to sell Push to Talk handsets

Sonim Technologies and South Korea's LG Electronics have announced a
global partnership that utilizes the Sonim PoC Client software. As part
of Sonim's Instant Port handset program, Sonim and LG will jointly
deliver handsets with Push-to-Talk capability based on the Push to talk
over Cellular (PoC) phase 1 specification.

"LG joins the quickly growing list of leading, global handset
manufacturers that provide PoC phase 1 handsets, proving that PoC is
delivering on the promise of a diverse, interoperable, standards-based,
multi-vendor handset market," said John Burns, CEO and President for
Sonim Technologies. "LG is known for their innovative product design and
aggressive launch plans and we are very excited about LG's new
PoC-compliant handset models."

Sonim is a member of the worldwide consortium that submitted the PoC
phase 1 specification to the Open Mobile Alliance (OMA) on 15 August
2003.

"Sonim enables us to develop PoC-compliant handsets for all markets and
systems, using their robust and interoperability-tested Sonim PoC
Client," said Yong E. Shin, Vice President, UMTS Handset Laboratory at
LG Electronics.  "Sonim PoC Client will provide us with an outstanding
PTT solution for our PoC-compliant handsets, throughout our GSM/GPRS and
WCDMA portfolio."
The PoC Phase 1 specification, defined and supported by industry
leaders, is the standard for carrier-grade Push-to-Talk solutions. The
specification aims to provide consumers and business users a seamless
Push-to-Talk experience, and the ability to enjoy the service with any
enabled handset anywhere around the world. The Sonim PoC Client also
enables mobile operators to accelerate their PTT deployment plans with
the security of complete interoperability.

Posted to the site on 22-Apr-04
http://www.cellular-news.com/story/11034.shtml

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com.  Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/