Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Brian (Nextel) McAuley Gets A new Job-

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2004 04:18:47 -0400

April 05, 2004 05:00 PM US Eastern Timezone

Howard Clark, Jr. and Brian McAuley Appointed to United Rentals Board of
Directors

GREENWICH, CONN.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--April 5, 2004--United Rentals, Inc.
(NYSE: URI) today announced that Howard Clark, Jr. and Brian McAuley
have joined the company's board of directors, effective immediately.
Bradley Jacobs, chairman of United Rentals, said, "It is a privilege to
welcome these distinguished individuals to our board.
We look forward to benefiting from their diverse talents and wealth of
experience."

Howard Clark has been vice chairman of Lehman Brothers Inc. since 1993.
From 1990 until assuming his current position,
he was chairman, president and chief executive officer of Shearson
Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc. Mr. Clark was previously
a senior executive at American Express Company from 1981 to 1993, and a
managing director of Blyth Eastman Paine
Webber Incorporated or predecessor firms from 1968 to 1981. While at
American Express, his positions included five years
as executive vice president and chief financial officer. Mr. Clark is
also a director of Maytag Corporation (NYSE: MYG), White Mountains
Insurance Group, Ltd. (NYSE: WTM) and Walter Industries, Inc. (NYSE:
WLT).Brian McAuley has been a partner at NH II, LLC, a consulting firm
that specializes in telecommunications businesses, since 2003. Mr.
McAuley is a cofounder of Nextel Communications, Inc. (Nasdaq: NXTL) and
held senior executive positions at Nextel from the company's inception
in 1987 until 1996, including seven years as president and chief
executive officer. Upon leaving Nextel, he joined Imagine Tile, a custom
tile manufacturer, where he served as chairman and chief executive
officer from 1996 to 1999 and continues to serve as chairman. He also
served as president and chief executive officer of NeoWorld
Communications, Inc., a wireless telecommunications company, from 1999
until the sale of that company to Nextel in 2003.

Mr. McAuley is a certified public accountant and, prior to co-founding
Nextel, his positions included corporate controller at
Norton Simon Inc. and manager at Deloitte & Touche.

Wayland Hicks, vice chairman and chief executive officer of United
Rentals, said, "The business expertise and varied perspectives of our
new members make them valuable additions to our board. We are pleased
that they have joined us at this exciting stage of our company's
growth."

About United Rentals
United Rentals, Inc. is the largest equipment rental company in North
America, with an integrated network of more than 730
rental locations in 47 states, seven Canadian provinces and Mexico. The
company's 13,000 employees serve 1.9 million
customers, including construction and industrial companies, utilities,
municipalities, homeowners and others. The company
offers for rent over 600 different types of equipment with a total
original cost of $3.5 billion. United Rentals is a member of the
Standard & Poor's MidCap 400 Index and the Russell 2000 Index(R) and is
headquartered in Greenwich, Connecticut.
Additional information about United Rentals is available at
www.unitedrentals.com.

http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/index.jsp?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20040405005892&newsLang=en

-

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com.  Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/