Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Southern LINC Named Exclusive Wireless Communications Partner to Outfitters Association of America

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2004 00:36:38 -0500

Southern LINC Named Exclusive Wireless Communications Partner to
Outfitters Association of America
March 23, 2004 8:00am

ATLANTA--(BUSINESS WIRE)--March 23, 2004--Southern LINC®, the wireless
communications service from Southern Company (NYSE: SO), announced today
that it has entered into an exclusive wireless communications
partnership with the Outfitters Association of America (OAOA), a global
association of outdoor enthusiasts.

Under the three-year agreement, Southern LINC will be the exclusive
wireless carrier for OAOA. Wayne Pearson, founder of OAOA and host of
the "Ultimate Outdoors" and "Outfitters Almanac" television programs on
ESPN, and his staff will be using Southern LINC handsets while promoting
responsible outdoor education. Additionally, Southern LINC will be the
official title sponsor of the OAOA World Record Exhibit Trailer, a
mobile exhibit consisting of world-record deer, elk and fish.
"Outfitters are a tough breed," said Wayne Pearson. "We needed a
wireless communications partner that would not only provide reliable
service, but one that also offers durable, ruggedized handsets with the
features and functionality that are needed by outdoor enthusiasts."

Pearson and the OAOA team will rely on the Motorola i530 and i730
handsets. The i530 is an easy-to-use handset with rubber overmold on the
sides for better grip. This ruggedized handset meets military
specifications for shock, vibration, dust and humidity. The i730 is
slim, flip-style and comes equipped with GPS technology, which can be
used for location-based services and can even report weather forecasts -
factors that can be essential in the wilderness. Both handsets offer the
features associated with Motorola's iDEN technology, including Instant
LINC(SM) two-way radio, phone service, text messaging and wireless data
access.

"Southern LINC's partnership with Outfitters Association of America is a
natural fit," said Bob Dawson, president and CEO of Southern LINC. "Our
organizations share a mutual dedication to reliability, loyalty and
consistent service. Southern LINC's wireless coverage area, in both
rural and metro locations across the Southeast, will enable OAOA members
to communicate instantly. Features such as GPS technology embedded in
Southern LINC's handsets are important to outdoor enthusiasts who can
utilize the location-based services."

About the Outfitters Association of America

Outfitters Association of America is a global organization of
professional outfitters who are committed to providing high-quality
outdoor experiences through the conscientious use of natural resources
while promoting responsible outdoor education. Members of OAOA are
licensed professionals who act as local area guides for outdoor
enthusiasts. Associated organizations of OAOA include such
conservationist groups as Quail Unlimited, Rocky Mountain Elk
Foundation, The Grouse Society and Hunters Against Hunger. For
additional information, please log on to OAOA's newly designed Web site
at www.oaoa.net.
About Southern LINC

Southern LINC, which stands for Long-range Integrated Network
Communications, covers 127,000 square miles in the Southeast, including
major metro and rural areas in Alabama, Georgia, southeastern
Mississippi and northwest Florida. Using Motorola's iDEN® technology,
Southern LINC combines multiple communication services into one handset
or installed device including Instant LINC(SM) two-way radio, phone
service, text messaging, wireless Internet access and wireless data
access. More information about Southern LINC can be obtained by calling
1-800-818-LINC (5462) or visiting the Southern LINC Web site at
www.southernlinc.com

About Southern Company:

With 4 million customers and nearly 39,000 megawatts of generating
capacity, Atlanta-based Southern Company (NYSE: SO) is the premier
super-regional energy company in the Southeast and a leading U.S.
producer of electricity. Southern Company owns electric utilities in
four states, a growing competitive generation company, an energy
services business and a competitive retail natural gas business, as well
as fiber optics and wireless communications. Southern Company brands are
known for excellent customer service, high reliability and retail
electric prices that are 15 percent below the national average. Southern
Company has been named three consecutive years No. 1 on Fortune
magazine's "America's Most Admired Companies" list in the Electric and
Gas Utility industry. Southern Company has been ranked the nation's top
energy utility in the American Customer Satisfaction Index four years in
a row, and in the latest survey tied for the highest score among all
service industry companies. Southern Company has more than 500,000
shareholders, making its common stock one of the most widely held in the
United States. Visit the Southern Company Web site at
www.southerncompany.com.

Southern LINC and Instant LINC are salesmarks or registered trademarks
of Southern LINC. Motorola and iDEN are trademarks or registered
trademarks of Motorola, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com.  Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/