Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Re: Spectrum Battle Heats Up- Timmy, Larry & Foolsner "Take ...

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 14:42:48 -0400

I agree CTIA is going to look like the good guy.  And to think they were
cracking jokes about Steve L. a few weeks a go. The joke is on
them........

[email-masked] wrote:

>  No, I do not believe Nextel will accept this so-called compromise.
> This is the Verizon Wireless' In-Band Reorganization + private sale
> (as contrasted with auction) of 2.1 GHz band spectrum.  This proposal
> fails for the following reasons: 1. ignores the amount of present
> Cellular Service Eligible Spectrum (21.5-32 MHz depending    upon the
> EA market) that needs to move in any 800 MHz rebanding that separates
> EA-    Licensed Spectrum from the underlying Site-Licensed Spectrum
> held by nonaffiliates;2. 5.5-10 + MHz of 1.9 or 2.1 GHz band spectrum
> is needed to accommodate 800 MHz band    movement, i.e., is
> replacement spectrum;3. FCC lacks the authority to order move of
> Nextel's spectrum (or that of any other EA or    Site licensee) unless
> its relocation costs are fully reimbursed;4. FCC cannot require Nextel
> to move to 2.1 GHz band spectrum;5. FCC has no authority to establish
> a trust or any other type of independent fund into which    Nextel
> would deposit $;6. See Nextel's 17-page Ex Parte Presentation filed
> recently for the several other reasons. This is good PR but not a
> solution. P. Waugh
>
>