Subject: [NEXTEL-1] RE: 800 MHz interference - RF System Performance and Troubleshooting]

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 05:57:49 -0400

RF System Performance and Troubleshooting
Clint Smith, PE
Example #2

<SNIP>

Motorola has a wealth of specific troubleshooting and
performance-related guidelines for the iDEN system. These guidelines
should be used since the list of issues that have a direct impact on the
system performance of a network is vast. In addition, as more features
and equipment are implemented into the network, the complexity of the
situation only increases.  We cannot realistically cover every possible
performance situation that might occur in an iDEN system. However, we
will attempt to list some of the more salient issues following the
seven-step performance troubleshooting process which was discussed at
the beginning of this chapter.  For reference it is important to note
that there are 3:1 and 6:1 or 12:1 interconnect and voice calls, as well
the dispatch which uses the 1:6 process in addition to any packet
service.

"Buchanan, David" wrote:

> As to this question of iDEN expertise being a prerequisite to
> determining a solution, that a smokescreen and you know it.The problem
> is basic physics.
>

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 06:04:23 -0400

-------- Original Message --------
   From: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: 800 MHz interference - RF System Performance and
         Troubleshooting

See below:

"Buchanan, David" wrote:

> I rest my case.That is all to optimize the iDEN system not fix
> interference in the front end of a public safety receiver.
> As I said before you are working the problem from the WRONG END!.
> Managing the EBTS (Base Station) is the solution not the radio in the
> field.
>
>  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WFHSG/message/6028
>
>
>
> If a crime occurs you don't put the victum in jail (Public Safety)
> ............
>
> You put the CROOK (Nextel) in jail. Why should public safety be
> punished for Nextel's wrong doings?
>
>
>
>
> How does it reduce OOBE or eliminate interference from A Band cellular
> operator.
>
> Similar optimization techniques are availabel to ALL carriers.
>
> Nor will it raise the iDEN antennas mounted on the side of a building
> or top of a building.It doesn’t change the channel set available for
> use.
>
> So what is wrong with separating public safety channels from cellular
> channels?
>
> It is NOT necessary. For years other iDEN and A band cellular carriers
> have corrected problem with out rebanding. It is all in the deployment
> methodology. SoCo has a much larger network than Nextel in parts of
> the S.E. and they do not have 10% of Nextel's interference complaints.
>
>
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Wednesday, April 14, 2004 4:31 AM
> To: WFHSG
> Subject: [WFHSG] RE: 800 MHz interference - RF System Performance and
> Troubleshooting
>
> should be used since the list of issues that have a direct impact on
> the system performance of a network is vast. In addition, as more
> features and equipment are implemented into the network, the
> complexity of the situation only increases.  We cannot realistically
> cover every possible performance situation that might occur in an iDEN
> system. However, we will attempt to list some of the more salient
> issues following the seven-step performance troubleshooting process
> which was discussed at the beginning of this chapter.  For reference
> it is important to note that there are 3:1 and 6:1 or 12:1
> interconnect and voice calls, as well the dispatch which uses the 1:6
> process in addition to any packet service.
>
> "Buchanan, David" wrote:
>
> determining a solution, that a smokescreen and you know it. The
> problem is basic physics.
>

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 06:01:27 -0400

-------- Original Message --------
   From: "Buchanan, David" <[email-masked]>
Subject:  RE: 800 MHz interference - RF System Performance and
         Troubleshooting

I rest my case.That is all to optimize the iDEN system not fix
interference in the front end of a public safety receiver.How does it
reduce OOBE or eliminate interference from A Band cellular operator.Nor
will it raise the iDEN antennas mounted on the side of a building or top
of a building.It doesn’t change the channel set available for use.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, April 14, 2004 4:31 AM
To: WFHSG
Subject: [WFHSG] RE: 800 MHz interference - RF System Performance and
Troubleshooting

<SNIP>

"Buchanan, David" wrote:

As to this question of iDEN expertise being a prerequisite to
determining a solution, that a smokescreen and you know it. The problem
is basic physics.