Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel Employee Used Nextel Customer Information To Commit Identify Theft, Credit Card Fraud and Mail Theft.

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 13:01:15 -0400

Nextel Employee Used Nextel Customer Information To Commit Identify
Theft, Credit Card Fraud and Mail Theft.
Leader of ID theft scheme sentenced to prison.

The Associated Press
4/15/2004, 12:33 a.m. CT

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) -- A Talladega man who admitted he led a
scheme to steal identities and set up fraudulent credit card accounts
has
been sentenced to prison and home detention.

Bittrell R. Scott, 23, admitted
he applied for credit cards
using names taken from
telephone accounts, then
stole the cards out of the
victims' mailboxes.

U.S. District Judge Inge
Johnson said Wednesday she
would allow Scott to serve half
of his 10-month sentence in
custody and half through
home detention. The judge
ordered Scott to pay $7,600
in restitution.

A grand jury indicted Scott; Clevious D. Porter, 22; and Raynaldo
Robinson, 24, last year on charges of credit card fraud and mail theft.
Scott admitted he was behind the scheme, according to his plea
agreement.

Scott said he worked at Nextel in Oxford and applied for the cards with
information from the telephone applications of customers. He would then
check the victims' mailboxes to see if the cards had arrived, or would
have
the credit cards mailed to vacant houses.

The men were arrested Oct. 25, 2002, after U.S. Postal inspectors
received complaints that mail was being stolen from mailboxes.

Authorities found credit cards, convenience checks, a directions map,
Nextel subscriber agreements, mail and handwritten notes containing
personal information.

Scott told the judge he was working and attempting to get back in
school.

Porter and Robinson are still awaiting prosecution.

http://www.al.com/newsflash/regional/index.ssf?/base/news-6/108201194058520.xml

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 13:13:41 -0400

Woow Now Nextel is robbing their customers coming and going.

"How Business Gets DONE"

                                        -We Steal Your Identity