Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Wireless Design Online Newsletter

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 13:19:50 -0400

April 29, 2004                            www.wirelessdesignonline.com

 Featured Article                               Featured Download
 Specifying OCXOs For Base Stations       Migrating Flash Devices From
 By Dan Nehring                           Low-Partition-Count To
 Corning Frequency Control                Higher-Partition-Count
                                          Devices
  Base stations are the heart of          By Micron Technology
 today's cellular, PCS, and wireless
 local loop (WLL) systems. They provide   A Flash device consists of
 the precise synchronization of voice     one or more partitions. Each
 and data signals needed to properly      partition has its own status
 operate a wireless system. When          register and its own state
 developing base stations, system         (or mode). Migrating from a
 designers face many concerns...          lower- to
                                          higher-partition-count Flash
 Top News Stories                         device requires additional
                                          code to manage the state in
        AgileRF Synthesizer Enables DDS   each of the additional
 [Image]Agility At Frequencies To 2.7     partitions of the
        GHz                               higher-partition-count
                                          device...
 [Image]picoChip Unveils Low-Cost
        HSDPA-Ready Basestation                  Featured CD-ROM

 [Image]APLAC Launches Version 7.92 Of               [Image]
        Circuit Design Analysis Tool
                                          High Frequency Oscillator
 [Image]UWB Developer Pulse~Link Closes   Design
        $30 Million Investment Round
        Mercury, Tundra Unveil Serial     By Randy Rhea
 [Image]RapidIO AdvancedTCA Development
        Platform                           This is a comprehensive
                                          tutorial on high-frequency
 [Image]Set-Top Box Front End Is Partner  oscillator design. Comprising
        For ST's Satellite Demodulator    10 sessions and approximately
                                          5 hours of instruction, the
 [Image]Major Service Providers Join      course presents the basic
        WiMAX Forum
                                          principles of oscillator
 Featured Products                        design. A grasp of these
 Solder-in Filters               [Image]  principles will help you
 Many designers have opted to             create better designs using
 semi-integrate feedthrus by              the capabilities of CAD...
 soldering them directly into the
 housings. Solder-in feedthrus                 Consulting Services
 are available in a glass forward         ProSavvy brings clients with
 or reverse seal. Corry Micronics         projects together with
 offers industry standard .156 at         consultants who have the
 the flange, as well as a wide            right expertise. We also
 range of capacitance values.             provide consultants the
 Downloadable product catalog             ability to access project
 available...                             opportunities. Visit ProSavvy
                                          and post your project today!
 DFSL Series Frequency           [Image]
 Synthesizers                                  Trade Publications
 Elcom's DFSL series frequency
 synthesizers were designed with          Browse the extensive list of
 a particular emphasis of zero            complimentary trade
 phase hits or pops. This, in             publications. Visit our Trade
 combination with low                     Publications page for more
 microphonics and wide                    information.
 temperature range, provide a
 unique solution for the emerging
 high capacity Digital Radios in
 the millimeter waves.
 Downloadable product datasheet
 available...

 Q3V Series VHF-UHF Coils        [Image]
 The Q3V Series of VHF-UHF coils
 from Coil-Q Corporation are
 fully customizable and are
 seated in epoxy for moisture
 protection. They feature
 magnetic and electrostatic
 shielding and very low
 distributed capacitance (high
 Fo). Downloadable product
 specification sheet available...

 Spherical Dipole Antenna        [Image]
 An optical-fiber cable connects
 the antenna's element to the
 measuring instrument. An O/E or
 E/O converter and battery are
 incorporated in the spherical
 antenna's housing. There are two
 variants of this NTT antenna, a
 reception type and a radiating
 type. Downloadable product
 datasheet available...

 Training Resources
 Thinking About Continuing Your
 Education?
 Let us help you find the right school
 for you. Whether you would like to get
 an Associate's Degree, Bachelor's
 Degree, or Master's Degree, we can help
 you pinpoint which schools to choose
 from. For further details, visit
 CareerMag.

 -
 I