Subject: [NEXTEL-1] GAYLORD: Firm wants to erect tower

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 12:32:19 -0400

April 15, 2004

Northern Michigan

GAYLORD: Firm wants to erect tower
A public hearing is set for May 5
By DAN SANDERSON
Record-Eagle staff writer

GAYLORD - An emergency radio services firm is proposing to erect a 150
foot tower in Gaylord.
Emergency Radio Services Inc., of South Bend, Ind., wants to build the
tower near the intersection of Mankowski Road and Edelweiss Village
Drive.

The company services radio equipment throughout the Midwest and would
use the tower to support its own two-way radio communications system
used by the company's contractors, said Steve Woody, site acquisition
specialist for the company.
In addition, the firm would offer opportunities for cell phone,
wireless, Internet and paging companies to co-locate antennas on the
tower.

For 15 years the company has owned a Gaylord building where the tower
would be located. But Woody said the firm hopes to hoist the tower in
concert with development of the nearby, 450,000-square-foot Edelweiss
Village Shopping Center, which is anchored by a Super Wal-Mart store.

"The more people you have over there, the more coverage you need for
cell phones," Woody said.
The Gaylord City Planning Commission has gathered information about the
company's proposal and scheduled a public hearing for May 5, said Becky
Curtis, the city clerk/zoning administrator.

The company would need a special-use permit for the tower because it is
over 50 feet tall.

The Otsego County Board of Commissioners placed a moratorium on the
erection of towers in 1998, but learned shortly thereafter that federal
law prevented them from unreasonably denying such towers.

http://www.record-eagle.com/2004/apr/15tower.htm
--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com.  Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/