Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel to offer commercial OFDM service

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 16:55:28 -0400

Nextel to offer commercial OFDM service
By Dan Meyer
April 14 12:40:00, 2004

Following what it called a successful trial, Nextel Communications Inc.
said it will begin accepting paying customers for its
high-speed service using Flarion Technologies’ Flash-OFDM technology.
Nextel will also expand the coverage and scope of
its wireless broadband network trial, which was initially offered in the
Raleigh, N.C., market, to now cover approximately
1,300 square miles, including Durham, Chapel Hill and other neighboring
communities.

The service, which is now called Nextel Wireless Broadband and initially
trialed earlier this year for select Nextel clients, will be
available in four price plans ranging from $35 to $75 per month with
varying speeds, number of e-mail accounts and amount of
online storage. All plans will also include a one-time $100 equipment
fee for either a PC card for laptop computers or a
wireless modem for desktop computers.

Nextel noted the service offers typical downlink speeds of up to 1.5
megabits per second with bursts of up 3 Mbps and typical
uplink speeds of up to 375 kilobits per second with bursts of up to 750
kbps.

http://rcrnews.com/cgi-bin/news.pl?newsId=17694

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/