Subject: [NEXTEL-1] MOTIENT -On The "SCAM PLAN"- They Sold Their Frequencies To Nextel , Not Their Integrity (Unlike Others).

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 15:55:18 -0400

MOTIENT -On The "SCAM PLAN"- They Sold Their Frequencies To Nextel , Not
Their Integrity (Unlike Others).

MOTIENT – REQUEST REGARDING THE FCC’S REBANDING PROCEEDING
I. Motient is a long term FCC licensee in the 800 MHz Band, holding both
geographic
area and site-specific licenses.

II. Motient is causing no interference and, other things being equal,
would have no need to relocate its systems.

III. Motient takes no position vis a vis the relocation, at 800 MHz and
1900 MHz, of
Nextel facilities that are arguably contributing interference to Public
Safety.

IV. Motient’s concern is that, unless it is included in the relocation
currently contemplated, it will be severely disadvantaged by effectively
being stranded while other carriers are relocated to upper 800 MHz
spectrum.

V. Rebanding, without including Motient in the process, would constitute
a wholesale
change in the rules in effect when Motient was licensed.

VI. Among other things, it would reduce the ability of Motient to
provide cellularized
service, possibly in combination with others.

VII. If Motient is among a small group of licensees stranded in the
lower 800 MHz band,
its options vis a vis equipment providers would be inappropriately
limited.

VIII. The expense associated with relocation of Motient spectrum should
be handled in
the same manner as relocation of all other non-Nextel spectrum.

IX. To the extent that parties who are being relocated have an
opportunity to select specific spectrum within the 800 MHz band, so to
should Motient.

X. If all licensees in the lower 800 MHz band cannot be relocated, the
dividing line should be between commercial entities and non-commercial
ones. There is no distinction between EA and site-specific licenses that
is “relevant to the purposes of the Communications Act”, and therefore
an appropriate basis for disparate treatment.

http://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/prod/ecfs/retrieve.cgi?native_or_pdf=pdf&id_document=6516088698

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG