Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Toshiba Expands Wireless Product Line With New 240-450MHZ ISM RF Transceiver and Transceiver

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2004 14:55:23 -0400

Toshiba Expands Wireless Product Line With New 240-450MHZ ISM RF
Transceiver and Transceiver
Module for Short-Range Wireless Data Communication Applications

Offers Unequaled Sensitivity Performance and Low-Power Consumption at
Low Cost
SAN FRANCISCO, March 29 /PRNewswire/ -- Toshiba America Electronic
Components, Inc. (TAEC)* today announced it has broadened its wireless
product
lineup with the addition of a new Instrumentation, Scientific, Medical
(ISM)
frequency-band radio frequency (RF) transceiver and transceiver module
that
operate at 240 megahertz (MHz) to 450MHz.  The new devices provide
unrivaled
high-sensitivity of -120 decibels/milliwatt (dBm) and low-power
consumption at
a low cost.  The TA32305M transceiver module can be used as an embedded
reference design for the TA32305FN/FNG transceiver or as a ready-to-use
RF
transceiver.

"The TA32305FN/FNG transceiver and TA32305M transceiver module are
excellent choices for reliable two-way, wireless digital communications
when high sensitivity, battery life, low cost and small size are major
design criteria.  Optimized for applications in the 240MHz to 450MHz ISM
band, they are targeted at a wide range of radio link applications,
including remote keyless entry, tire pressure monitoring systems,
security systems, telemetry and radio frequency ID," said Abdul Aslami,
business development manager of the ASSP Business Unit at TAEC.
"Customers can use the module for evaluation of the TA32305FN/FNG and
then get to market quickly by embedding the schematic and layout into
their system design."
Key Features

Key features of the TA32305FN/FNG transceiver and TA32305M transceiver
module are as follows:

*  Offers a fully integrated 240MHz to 450MHz ISM band radio system
transceiver or transceiver module
*  Delivers industry-leading sensitivity performance of -120dBm
*  Targets a wide range of application from automotive to toys and home
automation
*  The transceiver module is FCC compliant
*  Provides clean transmit output that eliminates the need for extensive
filtering
*  Features AM and FM communication capability
*  Requires very few external components

Pricing and Availability

Samples of the TA32305FN/FNG RF transceiver are available now and the
devices are in mass production.  Current pricing for TA32305FN/FNG is
$1.25 per piece in 100,000-piece quantities.  The TA32305M transceiver
modules are available now.  Upon request, and subject to availability
and its standard terms, Toshiba will lend modules to customers for
evaluation purposes.  When a customer designs the device in and sources
from Toshiba or an authorized representative or distributor, Toshiba
will provide to the customer, at no additional charge, any design files
developed by or for Toshiba for the device.
Technical Specification Summary

Part Number              TA32305FN/FNG RF Transceiver
RF Frequency             240MHz to 450MHz (when multiplication is used)
100MHz to 450MHz (without multiplication)
Mixer Frequency          240MHz to 450MHz
Power Consumption        TX:  4.3mA
RX:  5.6mA (FM), 5.3mA (AM)
Sensitivity              -120dBm
Current Dissipation
at Battery Saving Mode   0 microamperes (typical)
Built-in Functionality   AM and FM comparator
RF amplifier
Local x8 multiple circuit - Toshiba patented
circuit for low-current consumption
IF Frequency             80KHz
Power Supply Voltage     2.2V to 5.5V
Package                  30-pin SSOP (0.65mm pitch)
TA32305FNG:  Lead-free package
Part Number              TA32305M Transceiver Module
Operating Frequency      240MHz to 450MHz
Power Consumption        RX:  <6mA
TX:  <5mA
Sensitivity              -120dBm
Modulation               AM and FM
Antenna Type             External
IF Frequency             80KHz
Module Supply Voltage    4 to 12VDC
Output Power             -22dBm
Size                     1.8 x 2 inches
Compliance               FCC Part 15.247 or ETSI EN 300 328

*About TAEC
Combining quality and flexibility with design engineering expertise,
TAEC brings a breadth of advanced, next-generation technologies to its
customers.  This broad offering includes semiconductors, flash
memory-based storage solutions, optical communication devices, displays
and rechargeable batteries for the computing, wireless, networking,
automotive and digital consumer markets.

TAEC is an independent operating company owned by Toshiba America, Inc.,
a subsidiary of Toshiba Corporation, the fifth largest semiconductor
company worldwide in terms of global sales for the year 2003 according
to Gartner/Dataquest's Worldwide Semiconductor Market Share Ranking.
Toshiba is a world leader in high-technology products with more than 300
major subsidiaries and affiliates worldwide.  For additional company and
product information, please visit TAEC's website at chips.toshiba.com.
For technical inquiries, please e-mail [email-masked].
Editors Note: Reader inquiries please publish:

[email-masked].

Information in this press release, including product pricing and
specifications, content of services and contact information, is current
on the date of the announcement, but is subject to change without prior
notice.
All trademarks and registered trademarks are the property of their
respective owners.

SOURCE Toshiba America Electronic Components, Inc.
Web Site: http://www.toshiba.com/taec

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/