Subject: [NEXTEL-1] PANASONIC BULLETPROOF TOUGHBOOK(R)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2004 16:41:40 -0400

PANASONIC BULLETPROOF TOUGHBOOK(R)
http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=SVBIZINK3.story&STORY=/www/story/04-07-2004/0002148068&EDATE=WED+Apr+07+2004,+04:54+PM

--

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com.  Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 
Computers/Electronics News

Press release distributed
by PR Newswire

Panasonic(R) Toughbook(R) 29 Wins Laptop Magazine Torture Test

< back

PANASONIC BULLETPROOF TOUGHBOOK(R)

Panasonic Bulletproof Toughbook(R) back from Iraq. (PRNewsFoto)[TC]

SECAUCUS, NJ USA 04/07/2004

Fully Ruggedized Notebook Tops Chief Competitors in Durability, Speed, and
Runtime

SECAUCUS, N.J., April 7 /PRNewswire/ -- Panasonic Computer Solutions
Company, world's leading provider of ruggedized portable computers in the
U.S., is proud to announce that its fully ruggedized Toughbook(R) CF-29
notebook has been named "Editor's Choice" in Laptop Magazine's April Torture
Test.
(Photo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20040407/NYW114 )
Going head to head against the Itronix GoBook II (a made-in-Taiwan
notebook also sold by Hewlett Packard as the nr3600) and Rugged Notebook's
Rough Rider Jr. (also sold by Motorola as the ML 850), the CF-29 outscored the
competition in every key test.
"We froze the notebooks, subjected them to a simulated rainstorm, baked
them for an hour, and dropped them three feet onto a layer of plywood over
concrete," wrote Laptop magazine torture-tester Rich Malloy.
Praising the Panasonic for having the "fastest performance, incredible
battery life, and unmatched durability," Malloy noted that "when all the dust
settled ... (the Editor's Choice winner) clearly stood above all others."
Panasonic Computer Solutions Company president Rance Poehler was
particularly impressed by the magazine's testing protocols which were,
according to the editors, a "grueling gauntlet of durability trials designed
to see whether these systems could meet the U.S. military's supertough
specifications."
Noting that a ruggedized Toughbook(R) notebook recently stopped an AK-47
round in Iraq, Poehler said, "I am glad that Laptop Magazine has provided
laboratory confirmation for what our customers already know -- Toughbooks are
the most reliable and durable high-performance notebooks in the world.
"In addition to being the pre-eminent supplier of ruggedized computing
solutions to the telecommunications, utility, insurance, professional field
force, healthcare and transportation industries we are also the leading
provider of rugged PCs to state and local law-enforcement agencies, the
military, and other federal agencies," Poehler added.
"One of the key reasons for our maintaining our leadership position in
this field year after year is that we design, engineer, utilize strict quality
control methods, and manufacture all Toughbook(R) models in our own factories.
"That is why Toughbooks are faster, more durable, have better battery
life, and offer more wireless options and accessories. That is why we are
able to produce an incredibly broad product line to better meet the
specialized needs of our customers," Poheler said.
"HP neither designs, engineers, nor builds their rugged notebooks. These
are Itronix notebooks in thin disguise, and are made in Taiwan and re-labeled
'Hewlett Packard' over here. At Panasonic, it has always been our firm belief
that making our computers ourselves, with all the attention to detail that
pride in craftsmanship inspires would reward our customers with the most
durable and reliable product possible."
Poehler also noted the Panasonic's massive investments in people,
factories, robotics, environmental and wireless testing chambers,
quality-control processes, and a broad range of end-to-end service offerings
ensure that the company will be in the ruggedized computer market for the
duration.
"Companies buying their units from a third party Taiwanese-based
manufacturer and putting their name on them have no real investment and can
pull out of the market anytime," further comments Poehler.
The flagship of the Toughbook(R) line, the CF-29 is Panasonic's
fourth-generation fully ruggedized notebook designed to meet MilSpec STD-810F
specifications, it features Intel(R) Centrino(TM)-compliant system
architecture powered by a 1.2Ghz Pentium M CPU, up to 1GB of upgradable
SD-RAM, three shock-isolated, anti-glare coated and daylight-readable screen
options, a end-user removable 40GB or 60GB shock-and-vibration resistant hard
drive, and up to four simultaneous integrated wireless options.

Panasonic Computer Solutions Company
Panasonic Computer Solutions Company is the leading provider of ruggedized
notebook PCs for mobile professionals in the USA. The company is a unit
company of Matsushita Electric Corporation of America, the principal North
American subsidiary of Matsushita Electric Industrial Co., Ltd. of Japan
(NYSE: MC), which recorded annual sales of $61.70 billion in the most recent
fiscal year. Matsushita Electric is one of the only manufacturers today that
directly controls the process of design, manufacture and quality assurance of
its notebook PCs. Many key components, including LCD panels, Lithium-Ion
batteries, DVD and CD-ROM drives, and board-level electronics are the products
of its divisions. The products, people and business of Panasonic Computer
Solutions Company are entirely dedicated to the needs of the professional
user, including Fortune 1000 business and government professionals. Panasonic
also supplies mobile computing solutions to over 3,000 police departments in
the United States.

Note to Editors:
All brand and company/product names are trademarks or registered
trademarks of the respective companies. All specifications are subject to
change without notice.

Information on Panasonic's full line of notebook PCs for the mobile
professional can be obtained by calling 800 662 3537 or at
http://www.panasonic.com/toughbook

©
2004 Silicon Valley Business Ink. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten for broadcast or publication or redistribution directly or indirectly in any medium. Neither these Silicon Valley Business Ink. materials nor any portion thereof may be stored in a computer except for personal and non-commercial use. Silicon Valley Business Ink. will not be held liable for any delays, inaccuracies, errors or omissions therefrom or in the transmission or delivery of all or any part thereof or for any damages arising from any of the foregoing.