Subject: [NEXTEL-1] IN BRIEF: Nextel picks ADC network monitoring tool

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2004 21:24:44 -0400

IN BRIEF: Nextel picks ADC network monitoring tool
April 7, 2004 9:07pm
BNamericas.com

US-based holding company NII Holdings (Nasdaq: NIHD), which operates
Latin American wireless subsidiaries under the Nextel brand, has picked
US-based software firm ADC (Nasdaq: ADCT) to provide network monitoring
software, ADC said in a statement.

ADC's Metrica performance management software will be used to monitor
the quality of wireless services for Nextel's business customers
throughout Latin America.

Data from Nextel's operators in Argentina, Brazil, Mexico, and Peru will
be collected on a server in Mexico. Nextel's employees will be able to
access the information from across the region through a web-based
browser.

Due to the company's regional expansion, Nextel needs "a real-time
performance management solution... to maintain the highest possible
service quality throughout the entire network," NII Holdings chief
technology officer Alan Strauss said in the statement.

http://www.hoovers.com/free/news/detail.xhtml?ArticleID=NR200404083200.1_83a50002e477179d

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/