Subject: [NEXTEL-1] How Do You Pay To PTT (Push To Talk)?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 02:18:49 -0400

How Do You Pay To PTT (Push To Talk)?

With recent commercial launches announced in Europe and USA,
push to talk (PTT) looks ready to become the must have service of
2004.

Following the initial launches last year by Verizon Wireless and
Sprint PCS, Alltel (in the USA) and Orange (in France and the UK
initially) both announced the introduction of PTT services in January,
with more expected to follow. Not only have operators actively supported

this developing service, handset OEMs such as Nokia and Motorola
have stated that they expect PTT to be incorporated on the majority of
their handsets.
Analyst John Devlin said, "Operators will need to pay particular
attention to how their service is presented and positioned to its target

market. The subsequent rate of uptake will largely be dependent upon
the pricing model followed and if got wrong the marketing campaign
will be seriously hampered."

The results of three user surveys, independently conducted by IMS
Research, that targeted cellular enterprise users, cellular consumers
and mobile radio users posed the question:

If you were to use a cellular PTT solution, what would be your preferred

method of payment?  "The results were interesting, revealing regional
differences and between user groups", commented Devlin. "The most
noticeable of which was that half of consumers preferred a 'per message'

type of billing.  In comparison, the largest proportion of respondents,
from the enterprise and mobile radio user groups, preferred a 'monthly
subscription", he added.

Graph-

http://www.gii.co.jp/press/image/iz17049_0319.gif

Stroy
http://www.gii.co.jp/press/iz17049_en.shtml

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG