Subject: [NEXTEL-1] RE: 800 MHz interference -iDEN Training

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 05:58:17 -0400

Example # 3

Motorola - iDEN Training
50 E. Commerce Drive, Suite M7A
Schaumburg, Illinois 60173
Fax: (847) 538-7875

   * Overview of iDEN
   * PCCH Optimization
   * Dispatch Optimization
   * Radio Link Optimization Strategies

About the Curriculum

The program has three levels. Level one is for someone new to MSOs. The
second level is designed to train individuals how to maintain and
troubleshoot the infrastructure. Finally, a third level has been added
that will teach engineers and technicians advanced concepts and
troubleshooting techniques.

Level 1

The program starts with an Overview of iDEN. This course is available
either on CD ROM or instructor led. The next course is MSO Operations.
This teaches students how the system operates, as well as how to monitor
the network elements. As an alternative to MSO Operations, an individual
has the option of attending the iDEN System School. This course provides
a unique view of the network that meets the need of many jobs. The next
course, MSO Maintenance, will teach the students how to troubleshoot
transmission lines, and how to use standard MSO test equipment.

Level 2

The second tier of classes will teach the subsystems of the network. The
Dispatch courses will teach the DAP. The Interconnect course covers the
BSC, IWF, DCS and how to ensure the MSC is functioning. The Packet Data
course includes an explanation of mobile IP, the MDG, billing
accumulator, and a discussion about the hubs and routers. The OMC System
Administration course will teach you how to maximize the availability of
the OMC hardware and insure the software runs correctly. The EBTS course
will teach you how to install, maintain, and troubleshoot the EBTS. The
AirGen course will teach you the new configuration and load management
tool, as well as the steps required to add new network elements. Please
refer to our catalog sheets for additional listings in this tier.

Level 3

Tier three courses are designed for engineers responsible for optimizing
the iDEN network. Topics are designed to examine specific portions of
the system, and introduce concepts that will help engineers optimize
their networks. Tier three courses, such as System Recovery, are built
for experienced engineers and assume the participants understand iDEN
technology and equipment. Topics will be continually added as new issues
are identified.

"Buchanan, David" wrote:

> As to this question of iDEN expertise being a prerequisite to
> determining a solution, that a smokescreen and you know it.The problem
> is basic physics.
>

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 06:02:19 -0400

-------- Original Message --------
   From: "Buchanan, David" <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: 800 MHz interference -iDEN Training

MORE smoke.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, April 14, 2004 5:07 AM
To: WFHSG
Subject: [WFHSG] RE: 800 MHz interference -iDEN Training

Example # 3

Motorola - iDEN Training

·Overview of iDEN

·PCCH Optimization

·Dispatch Optimization

·Radio Link Optimization Strategies

About the Curriculum

Level 1

Level 2

Level 3

Tier three courses are designed for engineers responsible for optimizing
the iDEN network.Topics are designed to examine specific portions of the
system, and introduce concepts that will help engineers optimize their
networks. Tier three courses, such as System Recovery, are built for
experienced engineers and assume the participants understand iDEN
technology and equipment. Topics will be continually added as new issues
are identified.

"Buchanan, David" wrote:

As to this question of iDEN expertise being a prerequisite to
determining a solution, that a smokescreen and you know it. The problem
is basic physics.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 06:05:13 -0400

-------- Original Message --------

From:

[email-masked]

Subject:

RE: 800 MHz interference -iDEN Training

As my nephew says: "Let Me Break It Down
For You"   (see pictures)

When the power reduction mode is enabled, the modulated power is decreased
for UCH time slots on non-PCCH carriers.

A carrier with SCCH enabled will follow the same dekeying procedure
as the non-PCCH carriers.

The ACG will monitor for periods of PCH inactivity and these idle periods
will be used as opportunities for power reductions.

When the ACG recognizes a long interval of channel inactivity (both
Inbound and Outbound), the PCH is reduced to its seed channel on the next
DCAP frame boundary. <SNIP> From: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WFHSG/message/6028

With a 25-30% Power Reduction the OOBE  is significantly reduced..

=============================================================================

My examples were in response to your statement:

"Buchanan,
David" wrote:

As
to this question of iDEN expertise being a prerequisite to determining
a solution, that a smokescreen and you know it..The problem is basic physics.

There is nothing "Basic" here.....

I have proved my point that iDEN is a sophisticated
and complex air interface that requires specialized training and techniques
to resolve network problems. Which is clearly illustrated in the three
(3) examples below that contradict your statement.

Doug Mach, M.S.E.E.

Published writer (MRT)

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WFHSG/message/6018

Clint Smith, PE

Published Writer ( Cellular Design &
Optimiztion)

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WFHSG/message/6020

Motorola - iDEN Traning

(Originator & Publisher of iDEN)

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WFHSG/message/6019

So there it is............

"Buchanan, David" wrote:

MORE
smoke.