Subject: [NEXTEL-1] FCC approves Nextel’s buy of WorldCom licenses

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2004 14:10:25 -0400

FCC approves Nextel’s buy of WorldCom licenses
April 07 13:13:00, 2004

WASHINGTON—The Federal Communications Commission approved Nextel
Communications Inc.’s $144 million purchase of fixed-wireless licenses
from WorldCom Inc.

Last summer, a federal bankruptcy judge approved the deal, making Nextel
a major player in the fixed-wireless business. The FCC rejected several
petitions to deny the transfer of WorldCom’s fixed-wireless licenses to
Nextel.

http://rcrnews.com/cgi-bin/news.pl?newsId=17616

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: "dutterat" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2004 11:05:59 -0000

If Nextel now had MMDS in 2/3 the country and Sprint has the other 
1/3, why would the two companies not work out a swap so that each 
has Nationwide spectrum in that band? 

--- In [email-masked], Marcelrf@B... wrote:
> FCC approves Nextel's buy of WorldCom licenses
> April 07 13:13:00, 2004
> 
> 
> Communications Inc.'s $144 million purchase of fixed-wireless 
licenses
> petitions to deny the transfer of WorldCom's fixed-wireless 
licenses to
> http://rcrnews.com/cgi-bin/news.pl?newsId=17616

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com.  Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

 
Yahoo! Groups Links