Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Java Cellphones Beat to the Pulse of Health and Wellness

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 15:37:40 -0400

Java Cellphones Beat to the Pulse of Health and Wellness

MedicTouch Pulse Meter Provides Trustworthy and Secure Mobile Health
Services
HOUSTON and SANTA CLARA, Calif., April 21 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ --

MedicTouch LLC, developer of the first cellular wearable health and
wellness devices, and Sun Microsystems, Inc. (Nasdaq: SUNW), the creator
and leading advocate of Java(TM) technology, today announced the launch
of the Pulse Meter mobile health solution for Java (TM)
technology-enabled mobile phones.  MedicTouch Pulse Meter(TM) is the
first mobile health and wellness monitor that allows users to monitor
their pulse, view the results in a high-resolution screen on a Java
technology-enabled mobile phone, and transmit the data to a Java
compliant server.
The Pulse Meter and Java mobile phone combination creates an ideal
health monitoring solution for sport enthusiasts, the elderly,
rehabilitation outpatients and healthcare providers; providing
health-monitoring anytime, anyplace, anywhere.  Users no longer require
an additional device for their basic pulse wellness monitoring.
"MedicTouch envisions a world where the mobile phone becomes our 'best
friend'. The mobile phone has come a long way and MedicTouch
technologies will now take it to places it has not been before," says
Milty Levinson, Chief Operations Officer of MedicTouch.
"Java technology is taking the MedicTouch solution to new heights,
delivering a breakthrough in secure, mobile health management," said
Juan Dewar, Senior Director, Consumer and Mobile Systems Group, Sun
Microsystems. "We are pleased to be working with innovative companies
like MedicTouch who harness the power of Java technology to enhance our
daily lives."
"The platform also allows users to stay connected with the world and
monitor their health and wellness all on their mobile phone. In other
words, the mobile phone becomes another extension of the human body. It
only made sense to turn it into a health and wellness monitor," adds Dr.
Eran Schenker, Medical Director of MedicTouch.
MedicTouch Pulse Meter is designed for an array of sensors and
MedicTouch has chosen a world-class sensor for their Java solution.
These sensors have proven to be the sensor of choice in many medical
institutions around the world for its high standard of accuracy.
The Pulse Meter is a complex system with a simple user interface. The
user connects the sensor to their hand, starts the program on their
mobile phone and pulse is displayed within seconds on the phone screen,
can be archived, customized for user and transmitted to a Java compliant
server.
With Sun Microsystem's Java (TM) 2 Platform, Micro Edition
(J2ME(TM) Platform), MedicTouch was able to create a secure world-class
mobile application for wireless devices. The Java platform enables
MedicTouch to deliver on the promise of Write Once, Run Anywhere(TM) and
deploy the Pulse Meter solution on an impressively large number of
devices from multiple vendors.
Sun is proud to work with an innovator such as MedicTouch. MedicTouch
mobile wellness / health devices and applications were awarded first
grand prize in the Nextel Corporation and Research In Motion joint
developer contest.
About MedicTouch
MedicTouch LLC. is a mobile health device and application company that
designs develops and markets mobile health application for consumers,
athletes the elderly and professionals. MedicTouch products are a
spin-off of space technology designed to improve wellness / health
monitoring device, quality of life and cost. MedicTouch personnel are
known for their expertise in space medicine, cellular communication
software, International business and mobile applications. (
http://www.medictouch.com )
About Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Since its inception in 1982, a singular vision -- "The Network Is The
Computer" -- has propelled Sun Microsystems, Inc. to its position as a
leading provider of industrial-strength hardware, software and services
that make the Net work. Sun can be found in more than 100 countries and
on the World Wide Web at http://sun.com .
NOTE:  Sun, Sun Microsystems, the Sun logo, Java, J2ME and The Network
Is The Computer are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sun
Microsystems, Inc.  MedicTouch and PulseMeter are trademarks or
registered trademarks of MedicTouch in the United States and other
countries.
Contact:
Milty Levinson
MedicTouch LLC
Mobile:  415-748 8729
Office:  832-553 7393
[email-masked]
Rebecca Lui
Sun Microsystems, Inc.
408-276-5292
[email-masked]

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=SVBIZINK3.story&STORY=/www/story/04-21-2004/0002156028&EDATE=WED+Apr+21+2004,+03:01+AM

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com.  Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/