Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Increase in Wi-Fi Networks Cause Interference

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 03:11:11 -0400

Wow! I have only been saying this for 2yrs. The 5Ghz band will be the
next "Victim".
===========================================================

Increase in Wi-Fi Networks Cause Interference

Wi-Fi users are running into traffic jams as more and more home users
set up networks. In urban areas, that can mean crowded spectrum and dropped
connections. However, there are techniques users can employ to reduce
the interference. In one town, users formed a "spectrum alliance" to manage
the interference in the neighborhood. Representatives went from one house to
another assigning channels to minimize interference with neighbors. It's
not just other networks that can cause trouble either. Cordless phones and
wireless phones with Bluetooth could also interfere. Moving a cordless phone base
station antenna, or buying a 900 MHz phone is an easy fix. Companies in the industry say they are continuously working to improve the technology.  (Source:
Washington Post, Washington Post )

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com.  Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/