Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Robert Schwaninger On BPL

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 07:07:55 -0400

From: Robert Schwaninger <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Apr 26, 2004 5:50 pm
Subject: BPL

The major problem that I see with BPL is the agency's failure to set
forth
specific guidelines for regulating its future use and assuring that
operators comply with the rules for operation of Part 15 equipment.
Where
in the FCC's NPRM does it say, "BPL operators will receive fines,
imprisonment, and will be subject to formal complaints from injured
persons
arising out of violations of the Commission's rules?" Where's the stick
to
go with the carrot?

The most comparable delivery system is cable television. The rules,
hell,
even the Act, sets forth procedures for forfeitures, loss of licensing,
and
a myriad of other unmentionable regulatory reactions if the cable system

leaks. However, if a system operates under Part 15 (take a tour of that
Rule Part and you will see a decided lack of regulatory activity beyond
equipment authorization) like BPL, the evil genie leaves the bottle and
then..... even the labeling requirement will be ineffective since the
users
won't be anywhere near the label attached to the amplifiers, etc.

If this snowball is allowed to get rolling, I want to know that its
decent
will be carefully controlled before it picks up speed. Otherwise, the
FCC
is firing a starting pistol in an avalanche area.

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com.  Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/