Subject: [NEXTEL-1] MeshNetworks demos 4.9 GHz public-safety technology

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 07:34:19 -0400

MeshNetworks demos 4.9 GHz public-safety technology
April 26 12:44:00, 2004

MAITLAND, Fla.—MeshNetworks, Inc., a provider of mobile mesh networking
solutions, plans to demonstrate its
multi-hopping network technology on 802.11a radios operating in the 4.9
GHz spectrum allocated for high data rate
communities for public-safety agencies.

The company said the demonstration will show high-resolution,
full-motion video hopping through multiple radios.
MeshNetworks will use its MeshConnex software, which is currently in
beta testing, and can be integrated with standard
802.11a/b/g radios operating in the 2.4 GHz, 4.9 GHz and 5.8 GHz
frequency bands.

“By turning every radio in the network into a router/repeater for every
other radio, MeshConnex greatly enhances the
range and end-to-end system throughput between devices, while
introducing very little latency,” the company said.
General availability for MeshConnex is scheduled in the second quarter
of 2004.

In addition to video surveillance, MeshConnex-enhanced radios will allow
public-safety agencies to implement both
permanent citywide and instant on-scene tactical wireless networks for
sending and receiving real-time data, mug shots,
GIS maps, medical files, building layouts and other bandwidth intensive
multimedia information.

http://rcrnews.com/cgi-bin/news.pl?newsId=17842
--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com.  Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 08:19:57 -0400

Airnet has been doing this with GSM for years.......

http://www.airnetcom.com/pr_airsite.htm

 
Yahoo! Groups Links