Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel Complaint-Worst Customer Service

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 01:51:13 -0400

Timmy: "Can You Hear Them Now"
=============================================
Nextel Complaint
Topic: Worst Customer Service
Location: Myrtle Beach, SC
Product/Service: Customer No-Service

Posted By: Anonymous
Date: 3/24/2004

Consumer Review:

Purchased 2 Nextel phones in 2000. We have paid 4.95 a month per phone
to have warranty coverage. (Which means we
have paid approx. $475 for coverage.) Now that we have a problem with
one of the phones we were told to contact their warranty company that
they contract out to, a company by the name of "Signal".

We spoke to Signal for approx. 10 minutes to find out they will not do
anything. Well that is completly fine except when we purchaced the
warranty we were told the only thing it did not cover was antenna
replacment or if the phone was dropped in water. My phone, the antenna
is fine and it has not been dropped in water.

After this I called Nextel back to try to buy another phone. I was told
that they would sell me one for $124.99 if I signed
another 2 year contract with them. If I did not sign a contract it would
cost $274.99. After being with them for approx 4 years, we have paid
them about $7200 on 2 phones and they want another 2 year contract.
After being a loyal customer this long and to be treated like this.I
have contacted Alltel. They have a better rate plan than I have now,
they now have 2-way walkie talkie service just like Nextel and they will
sell you a phone for $99 and then 4 more phones for half price.  Wake up
Nextel. You are not the only company now to have 2-way walkie talkie
service. First Verizon, now Alltel. After all of the post on this
website about this company and now I see exactly what everyone is
talking about.  My phone has never seen water before but as soon as I
sign with another company I will through both of these phones right into
a lake.

http://www.my3cents.com/showReview.cgi?id=5231&wrapper=
--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG