Subject: [NEXTEL-1] HTC reportedly wins Motorola’s ODM order for iDEN handsets

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 19:27:21 -0400

HTC reportedly wins Motorola’s ODM order for iDEN handsets

Max Wang, Taipei; Adam Hwang, DigiTimes.com [Monday 22 March 2004]

High Tech Computer (HTC) has secured an ODM order for iDEN ( integrated
Digital Enhanced Network) wireless handsets from Motorola, with
shipments to begin sometime in the second half of this year, according
to Taiwanese handset makers. HTC declined to comment.

Having been developing iDEN for a while, HTC recently reached an
agreement with Motorola for ODM production, the Taiwanese makers
indicated. Although the order volume is not large, the gross margin is
relatively high and HTC might obtain other orders from Motorola, they
added. The ODM order makes HTC the fifth Taiwanese OEM or ODM handset
partner for Motorola.

In related news, in February, HTC became the first ODM to be selected to
provide design and manufacturing services to the Starmap Mobile Alliance
formed by nine operators of mobile communication services in Spain,
Germany, the UK, Ireland, Austria, Hungary, Switzerland, Norway and
Italy with 41 million subscribers in total.

HTC: February 2004 revenues (NT$m)

Company
 Sales
 M/M
 Y/Y
 YTD
 Y/Y

HTC
 2,255
 2.0%
 32.5%
 4,464
 35.0%

Source: TSE, compiled by DigiTimes, March 2004.

http://www.digitimes.com/NewsShow/Article.asp?datePublish=2004/03/22&pages=A6&seq=30

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com.  Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/