Subject: [NEXTEL-1] MARIETTA, GA TRAINING FIRE ON 04/17

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2004 01:48:58 -0400

-------- Original Message --------
From: Robert Williams <[email-masked]>
Subject:  MARIETTA, GA TRAINING FIRE ON 04/17

The Marietta Fire Department will be conducting a training fire by
burning an abandoned house on Atlanta Street at East Dixie Ave on
Saturday, April 17 from 0800 until approx. 1600 hours.  They will start
off by setting repetitious small fires inside the structure and allowing
recruit and veteran firefighters "knock down" the fire to practice live
fire attack situations.  The fires will be allowed to get larger and
larger until the the entire structure is fully involved around 1100 or
so and allowed to burn completely to the ground.  If you would like to
go and see firefighters train this will be an excellent opportunity for
you to do so, but remember to stay a good distance back out of the way. 
Our personnel will be using a combination of 150 MHz and 800 MHz radio
communications equipment to conduct and coordinate this exercise.  Right
now, the plan is to use a crossband repeater to allow the VHF portables
on 154.4300 (simplex talkaround) to communicate with the 800 MHz por
 tables
 on 867.0125 (ITAC 2 direct/talkaround).  Since both channels will be
used in the talkaround mode you will have to be fairly close by to
listen to the radio traffic.  I will not be at the site tomorrow, but
spent a good bit of time today programming, setting up and testing
equipment.  
 
If you are not familar with the area, the burn site is on Atlanta Road
just north of South Cobb Drive (GA HWY 280).
 
Robert "Bob" L. Williams, Jr.
Radio Systems Manager
City of Marietta, GA
 
Message sent at 22:10 hours on 04/16/04

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com.  Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/