Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Sweden chooses Tetra over CDMA for public-safety agencies

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 13:05:01 -0400

Sweden chooses Tetra over CDMA for public-safety agencies
By Mike Dano
April 01 13:30:00, 2004

Sweden’s public-safety agencies will use a Tetra network for wireless
communications, a decision that comes after some had considered using a
CDMA network in the 450 MHz band.

The Swedish Defence Material Administration announced the Tetra
decision. The network will be installed in stages through 2009 by a
consortium of Saab, Nokia Corp. and Swedia Networks. The network will be
for the Swedish police, rescue services, customs, coast guard and armed
forces.

Some had argued for a CDMA network in the 450 MHz band for the country’s
public-safety agencies. Proponents said the technology offered wide
coverage and a variety of equipment suppliers.

Tetra is used throughout Europe for public-safety wireless networks.

http://www.rcrnews.com/cgi-bin/news.pl?newsId=17541

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com.  Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/