Subject: [NEXTEL-1] City of Bossier City, Louisiana Selects Radio IP Software

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 16:31:11 -0400

City of Bossier City, Louisiana Selects Radio IP Software

Radio IP Software products ease the transition
from a CDPD network to a 1xRTT network

(Montreal, QC, April 14, 2004) Radio IP Software Inc., a leader in
wireless TCP/IP data technology, today announced that the City of
Bossier City, Louisiana has selected Radio IP Mobile TCP/IP Gateway™
(MTG) as part of it’s effort to upgrade the city’s public safety network
to meet increasingly stringent encryption regulations, improve data
compression to allow for greater efficiency and future expansion of the
city’s mobile force, while reducing the overall costs of managing the
network.  Radio IP MTG™ is the only optimized TCP/IP solution for
wireless data transmission over private or public RF narrowband
networks. The product is part of the Radio IP Software family of
wireless data applications, which also includes MultiAccess Gateway,
TxRx and Mobility Manager.

Bossier City is making the move as part of their efforts to migrate from
a CDPDbased network to a 1xRTT network.
By utilizing Radio IP Mobile TCP/IP Gateway, Bossier City addresses
multiple issues associated with this migration, including the ability to
maintain static IP addresses for mobile users, greater data compression,
allowing the city to expand their mobile force while reducing the costs
associated with network traffic, and the city’s need to adhere to state
and federal data encryption requirements.  “Migrating from CDPD to 1xRTT
has presented us with challenges that are very new to us,“ said Donald
Jackson, Bossier City’s IT Manager. “It had taken us months to get a
handle on the new technology, the steps required to meet state
encryption requirements, and how to cut costs by improving data
compression.  Radio IP has been instrumental in acting as a central
connect that links this all together for us.”

“With support for CDPD being phased out by many public wireless network
providers, there is a necessity among public safety agencies to migrate
to other public networks, such as 1xRTT,” said Mike Bourre, Radio IP
Software’s Vice President of Sales & Marketing.

http://www.radio-ip.com/temp/uploaded/bossier%20city%20-%201xrtt.pdf

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/