Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Verizon leads in wireless user satisfaction survey

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2004 15:33:51 -0400

Verizon leads in wireless user satisfaction survey
By Dan Meyer
April 07 13:31:00, 2004

A survey of 1,000 cell-phone users by Strategy Analytics found that
Verizon Wireless continues to lead the industry in “user satisfaction”
and is the destination choice for 30 percent of potential churning
customers. The survey, which is part of the firm’s “U.S. Wireless
Satisfaction Monitor,” noted the carrier “sets a daunting benchmark for
its competition, achieving class-leading ratings for service quality and
customer care.”

“Despite a relatively weak device portfolio, sub-par bundled minutes and
light youth segment presence relative to Sprint, Cingular [Wireless
L.L.C.] and other national operators, Verizon Wireless continues to
represent the gold standard in customer satisfaction,” said David Kerr,
vice president and global wireless practice leader at Strategy
Analytics.

Nextel Communications Inc. also scored well in the survey with senior
industry analyst and report author Sara Harris noting “Nextel can be
proud of its customer loyalty.”

The survey also found that Verizon Wireless and T-Mobile USA Inc. users
believe they are receiving good value from their carriers regarding both
handsets and service; that Cingular customers reported a “healthy range
of average and marginally above-average responses;” AT&T Wireless
Services Inc. customers reported consistent dissatisfaction; and Sprint
PCS customers reported below-average ratings on many measures, though
the carrier does provide a well-received product and service range.

http://rcrnews.com/cgi-bin/news.pl?newsId=17621

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com.  Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/