Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel, Telcel to bid for spectrum licenses

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 20:58:17 -0400

Nextel, Telcel to bid for spectrum licenses
April 14, 2004 6:03pm
BNamericas.com

Mexican telcos Nextel and Telcel plan to participate in April's spectrum
licensing, Mexican newspaper La Reforma reported.

Several weeks ago Mexico's communications and transport department (SCT)
announced it would offer six spectrum licenses covering cellular
telephony and mobile radio frequencies in the 800 MHz range. The radio
spectrum provides an opportunity for Nextel to expand its radio trunking
services, which have been constrained by the lack of bandwidth,
according to Gustavo Cantú, business development vice president at
Nextel Mexico.

Cantú suggested foreign firms without a presence in Mexico might
consider this an opportunity to join the local market because of the low
penetration of telecoms services and consequent potential for growth.

According to a report by Carlos Constantini, analyst at Germany's
Deutsche Bank, there are 48 fixed or mobile lines for every 100 people
in Mexico, compared to 55 in Brazil and 69 in Chile.

Telcel spokesperson Patricia Ramírez said the company has sufficient
spectrum for its needs but has not ruled out participating in the
auction.

http://www.hoovers.com/free/news/detail.xhtml?ArticleID=NR200404143200.1_ce7c0003b56306b3

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com.  Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/