Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Wireless LAN in Public Safety802.11b transforming the way Public Safety agencies transfer information

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2004 23:09:40 -0400

Wireless LAN in Public Safety802.11b transforming the way Public Safety
agencies transfer information
 
Dean Knuth
Wireless Account Manager
San Diego Wireless Center of Excellence
Northrop Grumman Information Technology
4065 Hancock Street, Suite 200
San Diego, CA 92110
619-221-4635

http://www.northropgrummanIT.com

The convergence of electronic wireless devices is giving birth to a
whole new generation of wireless innovations that can transform
the way public safety agencies transfer information. Wireless LAN
(WLAN) or IEEE 802.11b technology is one of the more prominent
of these new generation innovations.

Wireless LANs have become increasingly prevalent across the nation's
local, state, and federal business infrastructure as the technology's
benefits for offering high-speed data connectivity, mobility, ease of
installation, network expansion, and cost effectiveness have become
well recognized.

One of the more obvious benefits of wireless technology is the
enhanced data mobility that it offers the user. Mobile wireless LANs,
yielding high-speed data capabilities and faster deployment times are
rapidly being found in corporate and local businesses entities,
educational institutions, medical centers and hospitals - and now
across many public safety agencies.

White Paper:
http://www.it.northropgrumman.com/NGIT/files/CCLIBRARYFILES/FileName/complete_mobile.pdf

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com.  Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/