Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Tower Company Sues Dead Pilot's Family

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 07:02:25 -0400

Tower Company Sues Dead Pilot's Family

The family of a Quebec man who died when his single-engine plane
crashed into a 1,000-foot-high telecommunications tower in dense fog
in 2001 is being sued for $2.5 million by the tower's owner, CTV
News
<http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/1082769135376_52/?hub=CTVNewsAt11>
reported Saturday. The wreck remained tangled in the tower for
several days, and the tower was destroyed with dynamite to retrieve
the airplane and the pilot's body. The tower is owned by a U.S.
company, SpectraSite
<http://www.spectrasite.com/web/CorporateSite2001/home.asp>,
which wants more than $2.5 million from the family to cover the costs of

the tower's destruction, the cost to rebuild, and lost revenue. The
company says the pilot was at fault for flying in fog, CTV News
said. The pilot's widow and children say they don't have that much
money. The family may have to declare bankruptcy to avert a court
battle. "It's very harsh," one man said in French to CTV. "Companies
have to be poor to sue a family that has already lost so much." In a
recent first-quarter financial report

<http://www.corporate-ir.net/ireye/content_alone.zhtml?ticker=SSI&script=410&lay\

out=12&item_id=517550>,
SpectraSite reported its total assets at about $1.5 billion.

http://www.avweb.com/eletter/archives/avflash/227-full.html#187173

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com.  Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/