Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Nogales City, AZ. Council Votes To Switch From Nextel To Sprint

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 14:25:22 -0400

New cell phone service approved

By Ruth Estrada
Posted: Monday, April 26, 2004 4:21 PM PDT

To save money, the Nogales City Council unanimously approved a request
for 42 non-public safety employees to enter into a two-year agreement
with Sprint Cellular service.

They will switch from the Nextel Communication cellular phone service to
Sprint.

The savings by switching over to sprint for the 42 non-public safety
employee cellular phones is $856 per month or $10,281 yearly, said
Robert Pattison, acting city manager.

The City of Nogales has a total of 67 cellular phones and users of 42 of
those cellular phones will enter into a two-year contract with Sprint.

The Sprint cellular phone service is for non-public safety employees
because the 25 public safety employees use the Nextel radio as their No.
1 source of communication.

The city council reviewed the request at last Wednesday's meeting.

The Nextel radios are used throughout the entire Santa Cruz County for
all public safety agencies. This includes the Border Patrol, the
Sheriff's Department, and Nogales police and fire departments.

The city's cost for switching plans for the 42 non-public safety
employee phones will be $1,606, Pattison said.

The Sprint plan for non-public employee cellular phones will have 21,000
shared minutes plus unlimited minutes from cellular to cellular and
unlimited nights and weekends.

Sprint also included at no additional cost with a two-year agreement,
three different phones for the city employees to choose from, Pattison
said.

http://www.nogalesinternational.com/articles/2004/04/27/news/news3.txt
--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/