Subject: [NEXTEL-1] McCain Revisits 1996 Telecom Act with Hearings

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 03:07:01 -0400

McCain Revisits 1996 Telecom Act with Hearings

Senate Commerce Committee Chairman John McCain (R-Ariz.) scheduled two
hearings for next week to begin a new round of debate of the
Telecommunications Act of 1996. The first panel discussion, "Lessons
Learned from the Telecommunications Act of 1996," will provide
executives in the telecom business the opportunity to criticize the
current law. CEO's from AT&T Corp. and Qwest Communications
International will participate in the panel. The second panel, "A Look
Ahead,” will focus on suggested revisions of the Act.  Adam Thierer of
the Cato Institute and former FCC Chairman Reed Hundt will speak on the
panel. (Source: Washington Post)

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/