Subject: Re: [NEXTEL-1] Why Your Gadgets Won't Crash the Plane

From: Rick Parrish <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2004 10:47:28 -0600

Marcelrf wrote:

>Meanwhile, here's a look at what we know.
>  
>
This guy knows nothing.

The airline carrier and flight crews have the discretion to decide what 
gets turned on during the different phases of flight. Uncooperative 
passengers get escorted off the plane.

Personal analogy: I don't smoke and, while driving, I expect my 
passengers to refrain from smoking.  I also expect them to wear 
seatbelts while the car is in motion.

Sounds like a non-technical person trying to make a technical arguement 
(and failing miserably). What's he doing writing for Wired?

-rick

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2004 16:14:51 -0500

He is lost but I try to present all media views here so we know what others
are thinking.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com.  Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

 
Yahoo! Groups Links

---

From: "Dave Warren" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2004 21:47:04 -0700

Rick Parrish wrote:
> Sounds like a non-technical person trying to make a technical
> arguement (and failing miserably). What's he doing writing for Wired?

Sounds like he's a typical Wired writer...

-- 
Dave Warren,
 Email/MSN MSG:  [email-masked]
 Cell: (403) 371-3470   Toll free: (888) 371-3470
 ICQ: 17848192  AIM: devilspgd  Yahoo!: devilspgd

 
Yahoo! Groups Links