Subject: [NEXTEL-1] FCC May Create More Spectrum for Wireless Broadband

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2004 01:05:48 -0400

FCC May Create More Spectrum for Wireless Broadband
The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) said it could create more
unlicensed spectrum for
wireless broadband service expansion to rural areas. The FCC voted to
begin the process of rewriting
rules that would allow unlicensed wireless operation in spectrum used by
satellite providers at
higher-than-normal power levels. The move would allow wireless Internet
service providers to more easily
and inexpensively deliver high-speed Internet services to rural areas,
boosting such technologies as
WiMax. However, some wireless carriers and satellite providers object to
the possible rule changes,
citing interference as a main concern. (Source: CNet News)

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com.  Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/