Subject: [NEXTEL-1] "Cops Missing Out on IP Benefits"

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2004 13:46:45 -0400

"Cops Missing Out on IP Benefits"
CNet (03/29/04); Charny, Ben

Attendees of the Spring 2004 Voice on the Net Conference & Expo noted
that many 911 operators are missing out on key
information such as callers' medical records and maps of the inside of
the callers' houses because their jurisdictions have not
upgraded to Internet Protocol equipment. Industry executives and
officials cite lack of funding and technological inertia as
reasons why the upgrades have not been made. Other pressing phone issues
law enforcement officials are facing include
adhering to pending requirements to wiretap Internet-based calls and to
tell the location of someone dialing 911 from a
broadband connection. Many police departments still cannot pinpoint the
location of a cell phone caller.

news.com.com/2100-7352-5181099.html
--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com.  Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/