Subject: [NEXTEL-1] From: DISPATCH Monthly Magazine News Hound

From: full_disclosure_group <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 20:23:08 -0000

From:	DISPATCH Monthly Magazine News Hound

The South Carolina Chapter of APCO has filed papers with the FCC on Nextel's 800 MHz proposal, saying they are, "concerned that APCO's close alliance with Nextel may have indirectly allowed the association to lose some of its objectivity in closely scrutinizing the Consensus Plan." The group feels interference from other cellular carriers must be considered by the FCC, and the Commission should hold spectrum in the 1.9 GHz band as collateral against Nextel's promised $850 million retuning funds. They told the FCC the Chapter is "deeply concerned" that APCO's National Board, "has become too closely aligned with Nextel and has decided to circumvent the concerns of our local Chapter." They noted that APCO has taken no vote among its members on the issue. Download (pdf) for yourself at:

http://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/prod/ecfs/retrieve.cgi?native_or_pdf=pdf&id_document=6516089566

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com.  Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/