Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Verizon Wireless, Cingular Wireless Wait for Data Demand

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 13:32:05 -0400

Verizon Wireless, Cingular Wireless Wait for Data Demand

The preparation for mobile data led Verizon Wireless and Cingular
Wireless LLC to invest $15 billion in network upgrades since 2001. Now
the mobile carriers are waiting for data revenue to justify the
investment. The Yankee Group estimates that non-voice services generated
2 percent of the mobile industry's $92.1 billion in sales in 2003, and
non-voice services won't account for 10 percent of sales until 2006.
Analysts say the impediment to data usage is incompatible networks that
inhibit mobile users from easily exchanging data.  (Source: The Daily
Herald)

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/