Subject: [NEXTEL-1] New Ethernet Intercom System From Digital Acoustics Enables 2-Way Audio on Netwo

From: marcel_rf1 <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2004 18:17:27 -0000

New Ethernet Intercom System From Digital Acoustics Enables 2-Way 
Audio on Networks 
< back <javascript:history.go(-1)>

ii3 IP Intercom(TM) Provides Push-to-Talk, Point-to-Multipoint 
Communications
                          on LAN, Fiber and Wireless

    LAS VEGAS, March 31 /PRNewswire/ -- The International Security 
Conference
(ISC West) -- A TCP/IP audio intercom was introduced today by Digital
Acoustics Corporation, developers of award winning, patented 
technology
products.  The ii3 IP Intercom(TM) Series, with TalkMaster(TM) 
management
software, is the first in the company's next-generation of quick-to-
install,
scalable, highly configurable two-way intercom stations.  The intercom
delivers high quality audio over Ethernet, wireless and fiber in 
local or wide
area networks.
    Using the TCP/IP network for two-way audio is simplified by 
Digital
Acoustics' TalkMaster(TM) PC Server Application.  TalkMaster provides 
a
central command and control solution with critical support tools to 
manage
communications easily and to set up all products in the ii3 family.
    "These new products provide great alternatives to legacy 
connections in
wired-facility communication using the sciences we developed in 
house," said
Chris Coffin, executive vice president of Digital Acoustics.  "By 
using new
DSP and RISC integration, we can provide affordable products for 
intercom
integration that can be cost effective, easy to design-in and simple 
to use.
A typical installation can add intercom stations as easily as 
plugging in a
phone."
    In ii3 IP Intercom configurations, a standard PC handles all 
master
station functions for a single intercom to hundreds of stations.  
TalkMaster
manages the basic two-way audio, as well as advanced operations for 
waiting
calls, storing messages, sending alerts and call transferring.  Auto-
detection
and proprietary auto-latency insures reliable connections and crisp, 
clear
digital-quality voice audio.
    As an added feature, the ii3 Series provides "Direct Mode" 
communication
enabling ii3 IP Intercom pairs to communicate directly without 
network server
support or a host PC.
    Typical installations include two-way audio upgrades to existing 
network
camera stations, access control, security systems, intrusion detection
systems, military command and control, checkpoint management, IT help 
desks,
school classroom communications remote audio relay for audio, and 
more.
    In a unique offering for the security industry, Digital Acoustics 
released
the TalkMaster i/TalkX (TM) Software Developer Kit (SDK).  Designed
specifically for ii3 IP Intercoms, iTalk/X provides programming 
language
support for Microsoft ActiveX, giving OEMs and integrators the 
ability to
develop custom audio interfaces for video, monitoring stations and 
entry
systems.
    The ii3 IP Intercom Series, designed for security and industrial
communications, include OEM plug-in cards, wall panels and desktop 
stations.
    The ii3 IP Intercoms are available for under $335.  Visit
<http://www.digitalacoustics.com> or contact Digital Acoustics Sales 
at (847) 604-9256
for more information.

    About Digital Acoustics
    Digital Acoustics Corporation was founded in 1991 to create and 
exploit
developments in the converging areas of speech, data, and 
semiconductor
technology.  This objective remains the guiding focus today, as the 
Digital
Acoustics' stable of products successfully leverage its core 
competencies in
speech/audio and data communication.
    Digital Acoustics develops creative and useful technology, with 
the goal
of turning devices into practical products that people will use.  The 
company
focuses its efforts toward useful integrations of speech sciences for 
the
people who need them.

    ii3 IP Intercom and TalkMaster i/TalkX are trademarks of Digital 
Acoustics
Corporation

     For more information contact:
     Kim Kopp
     Digital Acoustics Marketing
     847-604-9256 x232
     [email-masked] <mailto: [email-masked]>
     <http://www.digitalacoustics.com>

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/