Subject: [NEXTEL-1] EFJohnson Announces Move of its Operations to the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 19:19:14 -0400

EFJohnson Announces Move of its  Operations to the Dallas/Fort Worth
Metroplex
 
Move Puts Company in Leading Technology Corridor 

Washington, DC
April 14, 2004

EFJ, Inc. announced today that its EFJohnson subsidiary will 
be relocating its operations from Waseca, Minnesota to its 
new facility in Irving, Texas. The company expects to close 
the Waseca facility by March 31, 2005. 

“The move of our operations to Irving enables us to access a 
broader talent base as we evolve from a hardware manufacturer 
to a software-centric design and marketing organization,” said 
Michael E. Jalbert, chairman and chief executive officer of EFJ, 
Inc. “We must continue to take the steps necessary to position 
EFJohnson as the provider of choice in the land mobile radio 
industry.” Jalbert said, “This new location also gives us greater 
access to other wireless communication companies, a larger 
and more diverse pool of suppliers, and universities performing 
leading research in our industry. The Irving location is right 
outside one of the world’s largest airports, which provides us 
with many logistical advantages.” 

The company announced that it planned to expand its engineering 
resources in the Dallas area in October of 2003. Since that time, 
the company has expanded its presence in the area by concentrating 
the development of its Netelligent™ Infrastructure Systems product 
line in Irving. 

EFJohnson provides digital Project 25 compliant interoperable 
wireless communications systems solutions for federal, state 
and local agencies involved with homeland security and public 
safety. EFJohnson, founded in 1923, was one of the first developers 
of wireless communications products to be fully compliant with 
federal government interoperability specifications. The company 
designs, manufactures, and markets conventional and trunked 
radio systems, land mobile radio repeaters, and mobile and 
portable radios. For more information, visit http://www.efjohnson.com

 http://www.efjohnson.com/News/News_Detail.asp?ArticleID=204

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com.  Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/