Subject: [NEXTEL-1] T-Mobile tower sought

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 07:48:46 -0400

T-Mobile tower sought
Tuesday, April 27, 2004
By JAIME MARINE
Staff Writer

FAIRFIELD TWP. -- Omnipoint Communications Enterprises will be going in
front of the planning/zoning board next week seeking approval to move
forward
with their plans to construct a T-Mobile wireless telephone tower on
Rahmah
Road.

Omnipoint has applied for a use variance and site plan approval, along
with
any other approvals necessary to permit the installation of an unmanned
PCS
wireless telephone facility.
According to a statement by
the enterprise the installation
will consist of the
construction of a 150-foot
telecommunications
monopole (tower) with up to
nine transmitting/receiving
antennas.

Also, up to six electronic
equipment cabinets will be
placed on a 10 foot-by-20
foot concrete pad at the base
of the tower within a fenced
compound.

Committeeman Craig

Thomas said he has not looked at the plans yet, but, to his
understanding,
the purpose of this tower is to help improve the reception of the
T-Mobile customers in the area.

While customers in the area may benefit from this project, he said, to
his
understanding the township will not receive any financial compensation,
like they did from a previous cell phone tower constructed in the
township.

"Last year, we entered into a deal to build a Nextel tower behind the
municipal building," he said. "We receive $1,200 a month from that, but
this would be a different situation because the proposed tower will be
privately owned."

The property, 44 Rahmah Road, is not zoned for this type of
construction, Thomas said, so the company would have to gain board
approval before moving forward.

"We usually allow this type of construction in the planned business and
light industry zone" he said. "While the township does not have
restrictions on towers, they do have to be in a certain zone and, since
this
property is not within this zone, a use variance would have to be
approved."  Copies of the application, site plan and drawling are on
file at the
municipal building on Fairton-Gouldtown Road and are available to the
public during normal business hours.

Anyone wishing to comment or find out more information about this
proposal is asked to attend the hearing on May 4.

It is scheduled to be held at 7:30 p.m. in the township's municipal
building
on Fairton-Gouldtown Road.

http://www.nj.com/news/bridgeton/local/index.ssf?/base/news-7/1083057696291770.xml

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/