Subject: [NEXTEL-1] LG to use Sonim PTT software in GSM/W-CDMA phones

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 13:57:54 -0400

LG to use Sonim PTT software in GSM/W-CDMA phones
April 22 12:25:00, 2004

SAN MATEO, Calif.—Handset maker LG Electronics Co. Ltd. announced it
will use push-to-talk software from Sonim Technologies in its line of
GSM/GPRS and W-CDMA phones.

“Sonim enables us to develop PoC-compliant handsets for all markets and
systems, using their robust and interoperability-tested Sonim PoC
Client,” said Yong Shin, vice president of LG’s UMTS Handset Laboratory.
“Sonim PoC Client will provide us with an outstanding PTT solution for
our PoC-compliant handsets, throughout our GSM/GPRS and W-CDMA
portfolio.”

Sonim said it is a member of the worldwide consortium that submitted the
PoC phase 1 specification to the Open Mobile Alliance in August.

Others offering PoC software for mobile phones include Motorola Inc.,
Magic4 and others.

http://rcrnews.com/cgi-bin/news.pl?newsId=17805

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com.  Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/