Subject: [NEXTEL-1] NII Selects ADC's Metrica OSS

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 19:31:36 -0400

04 | 07 | 04 |
NII Selects ADC's Metrica OSS

MINNEAPOLIS -- ADC (NASDAQ: ADCT; www.adc.com) announced today that NII
Holdings, Inc (NASDAQ: NIHD) has selected the ADC MetricaR performance
management software to monitor the quality of wireless services for
business customers throughout Latin America. Data collection will take
place via a unique centralized server in Mexico and end-users from NII
subsidiaries in Argentina, Brazil, Mexico, and Peru will have access to
network information using a standard Web browser. Metrica software will
provide NII with quick, easy-to-access network information to help
maintain service quality.
NII's network is based on Motorola's iDEN* (integrated digital enhanced
network) technology, which allows the integration of digital cellular
voice, text and numeric paging and NII's unique Direct ConnectR feature
-- a digital two-way radio feature -- into a single wireless device. NII
currently offers its unique wireless services in the major business and
corporate centers in Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, and Peru.

"NII Holdings is committed to offering the most advanced and high
quality communications solutions to business customers through iDEN
technology, which provides unparalleled reliability of voice and data
services. Due to our success in profitably building and growing our
subscriber base, we are expanding in the Latin American markets where we
operate," said Alan Strauss, CTO for NII Holdings. "As a result, we need
a real-time performance management solution that will enable us to
maintain the highest possible service quality throughout the entire
network. Thus, we selected ADC based on their expertise in wireless
service quality, which includes a unique and detailed understanding of
iDEN."
"NII's competitive position is based on offering advanced wireless
services to businesses that need the speed, efficiency and cost savings
that can only be found in a bundled digital service," said David Heaps,
senior vice president and general manager of the Software Systems
Business Unit's Metrica group for ADC. "NII also differentiates itself
by providing consistent network service quality to these customers who
depend on wireless communications. We're pleased to be part of NII's
service assurance solution."

http://www.boardwatch.com/document.asp?doc_id=50697
--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com.  Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/