Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Morning data network outages

From: "Allen Smith" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 12:57:14 -0000

Nextel's private IP data network was down again this morning from 
5:30 to about 7:10.  Unfortunately this is such a common occurrence 
that it would not be worth mentioning, but on April 11th the network 
was down at exactly the same time and back up at exactly the same 
time.  Does Nextel have some kind of recurring problem?  Or do they 
think this is an acceptable time to do maintenance without any 
warning?

Allen Smith
Track my cell phone in real time
http://www.gadgeteer.org

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: "Matthew Anderson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2004 17:27:54 -0500

I think they do their maintance during business hours over here. Most other
carrier do it a night when their customers are sleeping.  

I am still waiting for Nextel to respond to my recent complaint of dropped
calls.  When I checked back with them last week, they advised that the
problem was resolved and the case was closed.  I had them re-open the case,
since the problem was never resolved and we continue to experience dropped
calls. 

Matt 

-----Original Message-----
From: Allen Smith [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Friday, April 16, 2004 7:57 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Morning data network outages

Nextel's private IP data network was down again this morning from 5:30 to
about 7:10.  Unfortunately this is such a common occurrence that it would
not be worth mentioning, but on April 11th the network was down at exactly
the same time and back up at exactly the same time.  Does Nextel have some
kind of recurring problem?  Or do they think this is an acceptable time to
do maintenance without any warning?

Allen Smith

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com.  Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

 
Yahoo! Groups Links