Subject: [NEXTEL-1] BPL: It has begun!!!! trial starting in Australia]

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2004 12:07:20 -0400

-------- Original Message --------
From: Kevcat <[email-masked]>
Subject:  BPL: It has begun!!!! trial starting in Australia

This was posted on aus.radio.scanner news group

>From the 18 April 2004 issue of QNEWS.

PLC/BPL Pilot in Hobart, Tasmania.
Justin, VK7TW, Southern Branch President says Aurora is in the process
of
implementing a small pilot of PLC by providing broadband internet  to 4
houses and to the 1st and 2nd floors of the Aurora office building.

Mitsubishi engineers from Japan say the pilot will run for two months 
after
installation which has just been completed..

VK7TW says the VK7 Southern Branch is attempting to get a site visit  to
look over the installation of BPL equipment and quiz the engineers on
the
technology.

In the mean while please keep your ear out for BPL/PLC type interference
on
the HF bands. Keep a log of the interference that includes
time/date/band/strength etc.

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/