Subject: [NEXTEL-1] interWAVE Awarded Frame Contract by AT&T Wireless to Deploy Wireless Cellular Systems At Sea

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2004 15:26:48 -0400

interWAVE Awarded Frame Contract by AT&T Wireless to Deploy Wireless
Cellular Systems At Sea

AT&T Wireless' Venture to Provide Wireless Cellular Services
On-Board Cruise Ships

MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., March 25 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- interWAVE(R)
Communications (Nasdaq: IWAVE), a pioneer in compact wireless
communications systems, today announced that it has signed an agreement
with AT&T Wireless Services, Inc., the second-largest wireless carrier
based on revenue in the United States.  interWAVE will provide AT&T
Wireless with its compact wireless cellular solutions, enabling a joint
venture that AT&T Wireless recently entered into with Maritime
Telecommunications Network to develop and launch an offering that will
allow cruise ship passengers to use their wireless cellular phones while
at sea.

"We see this as a breakthrough frame contract for interWAVE, as AT&T
Wireless is a top-tier provider in North America," said Erwin Leichtle,
interWAVE's president and chief executive officer.  "As a result of our
compact and scaleable wireless cellular solutions, we are the first
wireless communications systems vendor able to meet AT&T Wireless'
requirements for this unique application."

Mr. Leichtle continued, "The flexibility of our solutions will help
allow AT&T Wireless' venture to enter a new market by serving customers
who want to place or receive cell phone calls while on-board cruise
ships." The powerful, flexible and cost-effective nature of interWAVE's
compact solutions enable them to be deployed for unique applications --
like cruise ships.  Wireless calls placed from subscribers on-board
cruise ships are switched via interWAVE's systems located on the ship,
with cellular traffic backhauled via compressed satellite technology to
the wireless carrier's land-based gateway switch.  With the ability to
seamlessly interoperate with a wireless carrier's existing mobile
network, interWAVE's solutions enable carriers to expand their service
offering into new, untapped markets.  In addition, the compact
architecture of interWAVE's solution enables ease of installation,
support and maintenance.

About interWAVE interWAVE Communications International, Ltd. (Nasdaq:
IWAVE) is a global provider of compact network solutions and services
that offer the most innovative, cost effective and scaleable network
architectures allowing operators to "reach the unreached."  interWAVE's
solutions provide economical, distributed networks that minimize capital
expenditure while accelerating customers' revenue generation.  These
solutions feature a product suite for the rapid and simple deployment of
end-to-end compact cellular systems and broadband wireless data
networks.  interWAVE's highly portable mobile, cellular networks and
broadband wireless solutions provide vital and reliable wireless
communications capabilities for customers in over 50 countries.
interWAVE's U.S. subsidiary is headquartered at 2495 Leghorn Street,
Mountain View, California, and can be contacted at http://www.iwv.com or
at (650) 314-2500.
About AT&T Wireless Services, Inc.

AT&T Wireless Services, Inc. (NYSE: AWE) is the second-largest wireless
carrier, based on revenues, in the United States.  With 21.980 million
subscribers as of December 31, 2003, and revenues of more than $16.6
billion over the past four quarters, AT&T Wireless delivers advanced
high-quality mobile wireless communications services, voice and data, to
businesses and consumers, in the U.S. and internationally.  For more
information, visit http://www.attwireless.com .

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/