Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel tests flexible plans in some markets

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 03:18:27 -0400

Nextel tests flexible plans in some markets
Wednesday April 28, 8:24 pm ET

NEW YORK, April 28 (Reuters) - Nextel Communications Inc. (NasdaqNM:NXTL
- News) said on Wednesday it has begun testing a more flexible way of
charging for its mobile phone services with an aim to keep existing
customers and attract new subscribers.
Reston, Virginia-based Nextel is
letting customers who talk for more
time than allowed in their monthly
service plans, automatically upgrade
to a costlier plan with more minutes
-- in a small number of markets, Nextel spokeswoman Audrey Schaefer
said.

This option means that talkative
customers would pay a set amount
extra if they go over the agreed
minutes and avoid the
unpredictability of expensive
per-minute charges that kick in
when subscribers talk for longer
than expected.

Bear Stearns analyst Philip Cusick said in a research note that the plan
was in line with efforts by other phone companies to raise revenue from
recurring rather than one-off charges.

Sprint Corp.'s (NYSE:FON - News) wireless business plans to make a
rate-structure change in a similar direction in the middle of May,
Cusick said.

Sprint declined to comment on Wednesday. But the company said it would
soon introduce a new wireless offer when it reported its earnings last
week.

In a similar spirit, Cingular Wireless, a venture of BellSouth (NYSE:BLS
- News) and SBC Communications (NYSE:SBC - News), lets customers carry
over spare minutes into the next month if they have not used up their
minute allowance in a given month.

Expansion of the Nextel plan to its entire network would depend on
issues such as customer popularity and the effect on revenue per user,
Schaefer said.

Nextel's stock was down 27 cents or 1.1 percent at $24.76 in Nasdaq
trading on Wednesday.

http://biz.yahoo.com/rc/040428/telecoms_nextel_1.html
--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com.  Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 03:45:03 -0400

Nextel tests AUTOMATED RIP-OFF plan

Here is the foundation for the next consumer LAWSUIT against Nextel.

Imagine if you go over your plan by 5 Mins and Nextel bumps you up to the next
plan
that cost $20 more!

Of course the presser fails to spell out all the details, but I hope your
"Overage" must exceed the cost of moving to the next tier.
But then again this is Nextel-

The Consumer Watch Dog

[email-masked]

www.consumerwatchdog.org

---

From: sparkie_rf <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 15:48:38 -0000

> But then again this is Nextel-

MYSTERY SOLVED !!!

Now we know where all the fired Arthur Andersen accountants went. They
now work in a windowless basement cooking up new billing schemes for
Nextel.

Yes, indeed, this is how business is REALLY done.

 
Yahoo! Groups Links

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 12:23:09 -0400

Timmy, Timmy, Timmy.................

Did you bump your head getting off the Nextel Jet again? What were you
thinking when you approved this "CONSUMER SCAM PLAN" (CSP)? 
You think you are catching HELL for the "SCAM PLAN"?  

Wait until the The Consumer Watch Dog takes a "Bite" out of your butt.

-------------------------------------------

Just when carriers establish the "Consumer's Bill of Rights" Nextel flips the
script and comes up with the "CONSUMER SCAM PLAN" (CSP).

This reminds me when Nextel announced the owned the rights to "PTT".

---

From: "Dave Warren" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 16:50:56 -0600

As long as this is an optional feature, I don't see the basis for a lawsuit.

At the same time, having worked in the telco industry and received hundreds of "Oh my god I went way over my minutes, why didn't somebody tell me you have a better plan" type calls (mostly in the LD arena, but it's generally no different then cell phones plans), many of our customers would have welcomed such a system.

-- 
Dave Warren,
 Email/MSN MSG:  [email-masked]
 Cell: (403) 371-3470   Toll free: (888) 371-3470
 ICQ: 17848192                     AIM: devilspgd

  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: [email-masked] 
  To: [email-masked] ; [email-masked] 
  Sent: Thursday, April 29, 2004 1:45 AM
  Subject: Re: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel tests AUTOMATED RIP-OFF plan

  Imagine if you go over your plan by 5 Mins and Nextel bumps you up to the next plan 
  that cost $20 more! 

  Of course the presser fails to spell out all the details, but I hope your "Overage" must exceed the cost of moving to the next tier. 
  But then again this is Nextel- 

  The Consumer Watch Dog 

  www.consumerwatchdog.org 

    Yahoo! Groups Links 

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor 
              ADVERTISEMENT

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  Yahoo! Groups Links

    a.. To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/
      
    b.. To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email-masked]
      
    c.. Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.