Subject: [NEXTEL-1] NYC Council to discuss cell-phone health implications

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 13:26:31 -0400

NYC Council to discuss cell-phone health implications
By Jeffrey Silva
April 29 13:20:00, 2004

WASHINGTON—The New York City Council Friday will hold a hearing on
public health implications of cell-phone base
stations located throughout the city and consider conducting a long-term
study.

Government health experts in the United States and overseas say they do
not believe cell phones and antennas pose
health risks, but add that more research is needed to be certain.
Studies are ongoing here and abroad.

While industry has triumphed in every health-related suit to date, some
litigation remains. A federal appeals court in
Richmond, Va., is scheduled to hear oral argument in June on a case in
which plaintiffs seek to force mobile-phone
carriers to supply consumers with headsets to reduce risk of radiation
injury from phones.

On Sept. 27, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia
Circuit, will hear oral argument on a case that calls into
question the science used to craft the radio-frequency exposure standard
of the Federal Communications Commission.
A slew of brain cancer suits against industry are on hold in Baltimore
federal court.

http://rcrnews.com/cgi-bin/news.pl?newsId=17913

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/