Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Toshiba Wireless Phone With TV

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2004 04:12:41 -0400

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/April2004/6922.htm
--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com.  Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 
<script src="http://scripts.cgispy.com/randombanner/javarbanner.cgi?user=3Gtelecoms" language="JavaScript">
</script>

Sasken

3G
Sponsored by Anritsu.

Go
To
3G Phone Store

NetTest.com

3G
Forum

Gadgets

Toshiba
Wireless Phone With TV

8th April , 2004

ASIA
: Vodafone K.K. announced today after late April it will offer the
V401T by Toshiba, a new handset that features a built-in analog TV
tuner. The V401T represents Vodafone K.K.'s second analog TV tuner
handset after the V601N by NEC was launched in December 2003.

With
the V401T, customers can enjoy television broadcasts on a high-quality
QVGA (320 x 240 pixel) screen. They can also record up to approximately
12 minutes of TV programming with the recording function and save
still images with a capture function.

In
addition, to prevent overuse, Limit Mode allows customers to set rules
of usage for the V401T, such as limits on when the handset is used,
restrictions on the amount of voice calls and mails to designated
parties, and caps on call times and the number of mails sent.

Main
Features of the V401 (Manufactured by Toshiba)

Built-in
analog TV tuner

The V401T features an analog TV tuner that makes it easy to view TV
shows while on the move. Simple operations allow customers to turn
the TV on and alternate between vertical and horizontal views with
just the touch of a button. In addition, users can enjoy watching
TV without worry as the V401T can confirm received calls or e-mails
quickly while it is in TV mode.

To
prevent disturbing those nearby, the V401T comes bundled with a stereo
earphone/microphone with attached TV antenna that allows one to listen
to TV audio even while the handset is closed. In addition, one can
also listen to FM radio broadcasts with the analog TV tuner.

Large-size 2.2-inch QVGA Super Fine Poly-silicon LCD for comfortable
TV viewing The V401T’s main display features a large-size 2.2.-inch
QVGA Super Fine Poly-silicon LCD.

Customers
can enjoy TV visuals on the high-quality screen capable of displaying
at a rate of approximately 30 frames per second, making for smooth
TV viewing enjoyment. TV reception varies on strength of signal and
in some cases TV visuals or audio may encounter static or not be

received.

Recording and capture functions for saving memorable scenes from TV
shows. The V401T comes with a recording function capable of recording
a maximum of approximately 12 minutes of TV programming, making it
possible to enjoy repeated viewings of memorable scenes. In addition,
one can save a maximum of 9 TV still images by using the capture function.

Limit Mode to prevent overuse

Limit Mode allows customers to set rules of usage for their V401T.
With “limit access” one can set restrictions on phone,
mail and web usage and with “limit time” usage times can
be set. “Limit usage” allows one to cap call times and
the number of mails sent. One can also restrict TV and FM radio use
with “limit time”.

V401T
Main Specifications

Size (Width x Height x Thickness) Approx. 48 x 95
x 26mm (when folded, excluding antenna protrusion)

Weight Approx. 114g

Continuous talk time/standby time Approx. 120 min./approx.
330 hours (when folded)

Main 2.2-inch (320 x 240 pixel) Super Fine Poly-silicon
TFT LCD

(maximum 260,000 colors) Display

Sub 1-inch (60 x 80 pixels) STN LCD (65,536 colors)

Pixels/type 320,000 effective pixels/CCD

Zoom 2x/4x/8x (in 8x mode, 160 x 120 resolution only)

Mobile
camera

Max. photo size 640 x 480 pixels

Maximum no. of displayable characters

(full size)

25 characters (5 characters by 5 lines)

72 characters (8 characters by 9 lines)

110 characters (11 characters by 10 lines)

306 characters (18 characters by 17 lines)

Maximum mail capacity (received/sent) 1,000/200 mails

Maximum still photo capacity (no. of

photos) 24MB, shared (maximum 600 photos)

Ring tone voices 40

Other main features 50K V-appli support, Mobile Rupo™,
Multi-Window mail viewing function, bilingual menus, weather indicator

Handset colors Milan White (pictured), German Green

TODAY'S
PRESS RELEASES

All Material Subject to Copyright. All logos, graphics
and trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

GPRS
Wireless Supports Russia's Evolution

Tektronix
announced that Mobile TeleSystems (MTS), the leading mobile operator in
Russia, has decided to extend its Tektronix network monitoring system

Toshiba
Wireless Phone With TV

With
the V401T, customers can enjoy television broadcasts on a high-quality
QVGA (320 x 240 pixel) screen. They can also record up to approximately
12 minutes of TV programming

Nokia
7200 Limited Edition Phone

Responding
to the demands of urban sophisticates, Nokia has introduced an exclusive,
limited edition Nokia 7200 phone. With tailored, pure white leather covers,
the Nokia 7200 Limited Edition, offers state-of-the-art technology

Is
Wi-Fi Wagging the 3G Dog?

According
to the new Pyramid report The New Wireless Road Warrior: How Business
Travelers Are Shaking Up the Telecoms Industry – from Wi-Fi to 3G,
in the years ahead more Americans will consume mobile data using Wi-Fi
than using 2.5/3G

3G
PC Cards for 3

Lucent
Technologies and 3 today announced an agreement to provide Universal Mobile
Telecommunications System (UMTS) wireless PC cards to 3 customers

Radiolinja
Takes 3G UMTS Solution

Actix,
the global provider of wireless performance engineering solutions, has
today announced that Finland's Radiolinja has selected Actix' 3G UMTS
solution to accelerate the speed at which Radiolinja can launch a commercial
UMTS network.

Carphone
Warehouse Selects Bango for Mobile Content

The
Carphone Warehouse has selected Bango.net technology to enable fast, easy
access and flexible payment options for its new mobile content “shop”

TODAY'S
PRESS RELEASES

Home
ProZone
Subscribe
To Newsletter 3G
Forum

Free
3G Phones

US
Zone ASIAZone
EuroZone
UKZone

3G
Phone Zone 3
3G
New Launches