Subject: [NEXTEL-1] JAMES A. KAY, JR.(Mr. Finders Preference)seeking authority to add frequencies in the 470-476 MHz band to existing sites under his license for Station KJV843.

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 21:21:39 -0400

JAMES A. KAY, JR.(Mr. Finders Preference)seeking authority to add
frequencies in the 470-476 MHz band to existing sites under his license
for Station KJV843.
====================================================================================

Before the
Federal Communications Commission
Washington, D.C. 20554

In the Matter of

JAMES A. KAY, JR.

Applications To Operate Industrial/Business Stations in the Private Land
Mobile Radio Services at Various Locations in California

File Nos. 0001419150
0001420784

ORDER

Adopted:  April 20, 2004 Released:  April 20, 2004

By the Assistant Chief, Mobility Division, Wireless Telecommunications
Bureau:

1. On August 15, 2003, James A. Kay, Jr. (Kay) filed the first of the
above-captioned applications, File No. 0001419150, seeking authority to
add frequencies in the 470-476 MHz band to existing sites under his
license for Station KJV843 in the Montrose, California area.   Three
days later, on August 18, 2003, Kay filed the second of the
above-captioned applications, File No. 0001420784, seeking authority to
construct and operate a new trunked system on the same band in the Los
Angeles, California area.   The two applications appeared on public
notice as accepted for filing on August 20, 2003,  and August 27, 2003,
respectively.  On September 22, 2003, Thomas K. Kurian (Kurian) filed a
petition to deny the applications (Petition).
2. In his Petition, Kurian states that the grant of Kay’s applications
would cause harmful, co-channel interference to Kurian’s Station
WPSI886, located in Montrose, California.   On March 15, 2004, while
Kurian’s Petition was pending, the Mobility Division, on its own motion,
dismissed the above-captioned applications as defective for failing to
meet the Commission’s frequency coordination requirements.   We
therefore dismiss Kurian’s Petition as moot.
3. Accordingly, IT IS ORDERED that, pursuant to Sections 4(i), 303(r),
and 309(d) of the Communications Act of 1934, as amended, 47 U.S.C. §§
154(i), 303(r), 309(d), and Sections 0.331 and 1.939 of the Commission’s
rules, 47 C.F.R. §§ 0.331, 1.939, the Petition to Deny filed by Thomas
K. Kurian on September 22, 2003, IS DISMISSED as moot.
FEDERAL COMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION

Cyndi Thomas
Assistant Chief, Mobility Division
Wireless Telecommunications Bureau

 http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-04-1058A1.doc

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com.  Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/