Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Hackers begin exploiting Windows vulnerability

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 17:30:18 -0400

. Hackers begin exploiting Windows vulnerability
Just days after Microsoft warned of a critical Windows vulnerability,
hackers have begun using the flaw to try to break into some of
Australia's largest financial institutions. The attacks are designed to
give hackers full remote control of important servers. The
vulnerability, which has been known for months but only disclosed on
April 13 as part of Microsoft's monthly security updates, stems from a
flaw in Windows Protected Communications Technology 1.0, a packet
protocol within Microsoft's SSL library. Secure Sockets Layer is an
encryption technology typically used to secure communications with Web
sites, such as those for processing credit-card orders and for locking
down email.
For the latest on the Australian hacker attacks:

- read this CXOtoday.com report

http://www.cxotoday.com/cxo/jsp/index.jsp?section=News&subsection=Security&subsection_code=2&file=template1.jsp&storyid=876

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com.  Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/