Subject: [NEXTEL-1] The blame game.

From: "Smith, William E. (US-BKTN-Telecom)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2004 07:46:51 -0500

There is enough blame for everyone. 

Nextel for their deployment of high power low altitude sites.

FCC for allowing a cellularized system interleaved with PS.

Sales types for pushing 800 when other frequencies would fill the
customer's needs better.

Consultants for going along with the sales types because they could
charge more in fees to oversee the 800 overbuild.

and Public Safety agencies for not doing their homework before buying
into 800 as the ultimate panacea.

I'm probably to blame for something as well...

Bottom line: A problem exists. It took a lot of people and a lot of
money to get into it. It's going to take a lot to get out. I'll go back
to my nap now :-)

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it, are confidential to National Grid and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please reply to this message and let the sender know.

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2004 08:07:14 -0500

Don't forget ....

Ridiculous Excessive downtilt.....

Poor optimization.......

Incorrect Beamwidths of antennas for purpose intended.

Among other things.

 
Yahoo! Groups Links