Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Bigger Isn't Always Better in Wireless

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 13:27:37 -0400

Bigger Isn't Always Better in Wireless
In its soon-to-be-released market research report on the mobile phone
business, the Yankee Group concluded that bigger isn't always better
when it comes to wireless companies. The larger mobile carriers actually
pay more for customer acquisition, $1.15 more per customer, than smaller
operators. While smaller operators, such as Alltel and Western Wireless
Corp., may pay up to 5 percent more for equipment than their larger
competitors, they pay less for customer acquisition, which improves a
company’s profit per customer.  University of Pennsylvania's Wharton
School professor Gerald Faulhaber, said economies of scale aren't a "big
deal" in wireless. In wireless, extensive and reliable coverage are the
deciding factors in having a competitive advantage.
(Source: Wall Street Journal) -

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com.  Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/