Subject: [NEXTEL-1] CDMA2000 1XEV-DO Revision A Standard Approved

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 14:48:28 -0400

CDMA2000 1XEV-DO Revision A Standard Approved
BY SUSAN RUSH
APRIL 13, 2004

The CDMA2000 1XEV-DO Revision A standard has been given the positive nod
from the 3GPP2 Technical Specification Group, the CMDA Development Group
says. Revision A supports peak data rates of 3.1 megabits per second on
the forward link and 1.8 Mbps on the reverse link.

Revision A is an update to Revision 0, which delivers up to 2.4 Mbps
data speeds.  'With CDMA2000 1XEV-DO Revision A, carriers will be able
to differentiate their services through a broad range of new, innovative
wireless data offerings,' says Perry LaForge, CDG executive director.

To date, there are nine CDMA2000 1XEV-DO commercial networks in Asia,
North America and Latin America. Plans are in the works to deploy four
more networks this year, CDG says. Earlier this year, Verizon Wireless
unveiled plans to take its 1XEV-DO network national. The carrier first
introduced the network in San Diego and Washington, D.C., last year.

http://www.wirelessweek.com/index.asp?layout=newsat2direct&starting=7&pubdate=04/13/04

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com.  Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/