Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Has the FCC implemeted § 90.691 (b) on Motorola's new iDEN amps? -§ 90.691 Emission Mask Requirements for EA-Based Systems:

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 04:26:38 -0400

Has the FCC implemeted § 90.691 (b) on Motorola's new iDEN amps, to deal
with OOBE?
=========================================================================

§ 90.691 Emission Mask Requirements for EA-Based Systems:

(a) Out of band emission requirements apply only to the ‘outer’ channels
included in an EA license and to
spectrum adjacent to interior channels used by incumbent licensees. The
emission limits are as follows:

(1) For any frequency removed from the EA licensee’s frequency block by
up to and including 37.5 kHz, the
power of any emission shall be attenuated below the transmitter power
(P), in Watts, by at least 116*log10(F/6.1)
dB or 50 plus 10 log10(P) dB or 80 dB, whichever is the lesser
attenuation, where F is the frequency removed from
the center of the outer channel in the block, in kiloHertz, and where F
is greater than 12.5 kHz.

(2) For any frequency removed from the EA licensee’s frequency block by
greater than 37.5 kHz, the power of
any emission shall be attenuated below the transmitter power (P), in
Watts, by at least 43 plus 10 log10(P) dB or
80 dB, whichever is the lesser attenuation, where F is the frequency
removed from the center of the outer channel
in the block, in kiloHertz, and where F is greater than 37.5 kHz.

(b) When an emission outside of the authorized bandwidth causes harmful
interference, the Commission
may, at its discretion, require greater attenuation than specified in
this section.

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG