Subject: [NEXTEL-1] New York City Group Plans High Speed Wireless Network

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 03:08:25 -0400

New York City Group Plans High Speed Wireless Network

The Alliance for Downtown New York proposed a wireless broadband system
in Lower Manhattan, which would leverage high-speed wireless technology
to keep the Lower Manhattan area connected in case of an emergency. The
Lower Manhattan Wireless Redundancy System would carry data and could be
used for voice if necessary, says the Alliance. There is a glitch,
however. The proposed network covering Lower Manhattan includes the
installation of antennas and related equipment in five of the tallest
office buildings in the area and carries a price tag of $10 million. The
Alliance has not yet secured funding.  The group says the network also
could be used by small- and mid-sized business, enabling a larger chunk
of the business community to access high-speed broadband services at
reasonable prices. (Source: New York Times)

www.wow-com.com

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com.  Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/