Subject: [NEXTEL-1] FJohnson Announces $640,000 Sale of its Mobile and Portable Radios to Wisconsin Department of Corrections

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2004 15:15:35 -0400

FJohnson Announces $640,000 Sale of its Mobile and Portable Radios to
Wisconsin Department of Corrections

WASHINGTON, March 25 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- EFJ, Inc. (Nasdaq: EFJI)
announced today that its EFJohnson subsidiary has received orders
totaling over $640,000 from the Wisconsin Department of Corrections for
its 5300 Series Mobile and 5100 Series Portable Radios.

"The Wisconsin Department of Corrections is upgrading their field radios
and outfitting a new correctional facility, and we are pleased to
provide radios for that effort," said Michael E. Jalbert, chairman and
chief executive officer of EFJ, Inc.  "Our radios provide state agencies
with a versatile, reliable solution for their communications needs."

"Our network includes 21 Major Correctional Facilities and 16
Correctional Centers," said Mark Schomisch, an Associate Warden -
Security for the Wisconsin Department of Corrections.  "The EFJohnson
radios provide Project 25 compatibility along with SMARTNET capability,
which ensures that our officers throughout the state can communicate
with each other." The Department of Corrections conducted a thorough
evaluation of field radios for this upgrade, Schomisch said.  A local
dealer, Pointon Communications of Baraboo, Wisconsin, worked with
EFJohnson in locating the opportunity and providing radios for
evaluation.  "We are pleased to be working with EFJohnson and the
Department of Corrections," said Brad Pointon, president of Pointon
Communications.

EFJohnson shipped all of the equipment to the Department of Corrections
late in the first quarter, Jalbert said.
EFJohnson provides digital Project 25 compliant interoperable wireless
communications systems solutions for federal, state and local agencies
involved with homeland security and public safety.  EFJohnson, founded
in 1923, was one of the first developers of wireless communications
products to be fully compliant with federal government interoperability
specifications.  The company designs, manufactures, and markets
conventional and trunked radio systems, land mobile radio repeaters and
mobile and portable radios. For more information, visit
http://www.efjohnson.com.

EFJ, Inc. is the holding company of industry-leading wireless
telecommunications equipment and solutions businesses.  EFJ,
SOURCE EFJ, Inc.
Web Site: http://www.efji.com http://www.efjohnson.com

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/