Subject: [NEXTEL-1] For you hams wondering about Goofy Glen Baxter, K1MAN and Riley..

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 12:57:18 -0400

From: Todd Ellis <[email-masked]>
Subject: For you hams wondering about Goofy Glen Baxter, K1MAN and
Riley...

From http://myrockport.com/world.htm

And some wonder why hams can't seem to get their act together about
BPL!!
This guy represents the stereotype many outsiders have of ham radio
licensees - stark raving lunatics...

Conversation between K1MAN and FCC Riley Hollingsworth: In a message
dated
4/28/2004 12:20:35 PM Pacific Daylight Time, [email-masked]

writes:

RH: Hi Glenn. I've been seeing the various e mails in the last few days.

I think you essentially have a good service--and the programming is
often
very interesting

K1MAN: Thank you!

RH: - but there are a few serious problems that would seem to me can be
worked out between you and the other band users. I'd like to discuss it
with you, but I will not consent to be taped or broadcast, etc. Now if
you
are serious about being an alternative to the ARRL, rather than just
blowing
smoke, seeking attention and alienating everybody, this would be a good
chance for you to get things moving with your service. Now of course
publishing a schedule does not give you rights to reserve a
frequency-every
10 year old Technician and Novice in America knows that.

K1MAN: 11 year olds know W1AW

RH: If that were true,anyone with a web site could reserve frequencies
and
hold everyone responsible for knowing their radio schedule.

K1MAN: Again, W1AW

RH: Common sense tells anyone that it obviously doesn't work that way.
And
of course anyone can petition or complain about anything, but we are not

accepting any silly "Felony Complaint Affidavits",

K1MAN: Thus, YOU are in criminal violation of Section 501:SECTION 501:
"Any
person who willfully and knowingly does or causes
or suffers to be done any act, matter or thing, in this Act prohibited
or declared to be unlawful, or who willingly or knowingly FAILS to do
any act, matter or thing in this Act required to be done, or willfully
or knowingly causes or suffers such omission or failure, shall, upon
conviction thereof, be punished for such offense, for which no
penalty (other than forfeiture) is provided by this Act, by a fine of
not more than $10,000 or by imprisonment for a term not exceeding two
years, or both. "willingly or knowingly FAILS to do any act, matter or
thing
in this Act required be done, or willfully or knowingly causes or
suffers
such omission or failure

RH: nor is the U. S. Attorney unless that office has changed it's mind
since
warning you not to file them. "Felony Affidavits" are a waste of time,
they
will be returned to anyone who files them, and they will be given
instructions on how to properly file a petition or complaint. I mean I
can't keep up with everything Congress does, but I haven't noticed any
law
in the last few days making Glenn Baxter interference a felony, whether
from
other operators or BPL. Interfering with you is not a felony unless a
court
says it is,

K1MAN: I think you've got it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RH: and so far you are batting 0 in the courts from what I can see.

K1MAN: Babe Ruth struck out over 700 times. Know why he was great? He
kept on coming up to bat!

RH: But if you want to discuss how all this can be done right,

K1MAN: I don't think you know what is "right"

RH: let me know and we'll talk.

K1MAN: You are welcome on my program any time. Call 1-800-262-9543. How
about a public debate with me at Dayton this year:?

RH: With restructuring and BPL on the horizon (in some form, no doubt)
this
is certainly no time in history for Amateurs to be fighting among
themselves.

K1MAN: Finally, I agree with you!

RH: Otherwise spare me the emails because only the response to this one,
if
there is a response, will be opened. The rest will be blocked and
automatically deleted.

K1MAN: Whatever floats your boat!

RH: Your station and your service have a lot of great potential and I'd
sure
like to see you use it to genuinely further Amateur Radio. It would be a

great reference for Amateur radio news and history and would be another
good
place to direct those interested in becoming Amateurs--and we all need
more
of those. Thanks

K1MAN: We agree again!

73
Glenn Baxter, P.E., K1MAN

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/