Subject: [NEXTEL-1] National Calling Channel

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 15:56:28 -0400

-------- Original Message --------
From: [email-masked]
Subject: [APCO Exchange:] National Calling Channel

The following new message has been posted on APCO Exchange Forum at 
<http://www.apco911.org/theexchange/index.cgi>. 

*************************************************************************** 

  MESSAGE:  (#2758) National Calling Channel 
            <http://www.apco911.org/theexchange/index.cgi?rev=2758> 
  AUTHOR:   James Sobecke 
  DATE:     Thursday, 22 April 2004, at 2:23 p.m. 

Does anyone on the list have any PSAP Procedures or Protocols for their 
jurisdiction's use of the 821 MHz Mutual Aid Channels (aka I-CALL and
I-TAC 
channels). 

I am on the Region 20 Planning Committee (RPC) and we are drafting
GUIDELINES 
for the jurisdictions that are now in the process of building out the
National 
Common Channels as an interoperability tool. Region 20 encompasses the
entire 
state of Maryland, the District of Columbia, and the northern counties
and 
independednt cities in Northern Virginia - plus the home for multiple
federal 
agencies and activities. 

I have found that several states and regions have implemented
Interoperability 
Plans that include I-CALL and I-TAC. But how have the local
jurisdictions 
implemented the "MONITORING" function and/or the assignment of a TAC
channel 
for an Incident? Looking for the "operational facet" that is often
overlooked 
when introducing new technology and communications capabilities. 

Soliciting any comments, or opinions as well. 

Thanks 

***************************************************************************

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com.  Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/