Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Little interest in broadcast spectrum auction

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 22:05:36 -0400

Little interest in broadcast spectrum auction
April 12, 2004 6:46pm

MEXICO CITY, Apr 12, 2004 (México Analytica/Corporate Mexico by Internet
Securities, Inc. via COMTEX) --During the next spectrum auction for
cellular phone services, only those companies well established in the
market are expected to participate and international operators are not
predicted to show interest.<P>Furthermore, according to a study
conducted by Infoaméricas, only Telcel and Nextel are currently wanting
to participate in the upcoming auction. The firm is currently studying
the impact of this auction for each of the sector's operators. In the
case that Unecon wins, Infoaméricas says that the company would have
enough capability to be successful. However, it states that Iusacell
will not take part due to the fact that the company's resources will be
tied up in improving its network.<P>"The interest in the market on
behalf of international operators will be limited unless a spectrum
license on the national level is offered," although this would not
necessarily guarantee anything either, stated the report<P>

http://www.hoovers.com/free/news/detail.xhtml?ArticleID=NR20040412375.4_e02100259112ef70

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com.  Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/