Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Solution in Sight for Public Safety Spectrum Issue

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2004 14:08:36 -0400

Solution in Sight for Public Safety Spectrum Issue

In some cases public safety agencies' radio communications are
experiencing interference from commercial mobile operators' radio
signals, an issue that is of concern to public safety and the wireless
industry. The problem arises from the services being located in adjacent
spectrum that operates in the 800 MHz frequency band. Police and
firefighters are urging the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to
come up with a solution, and the Commission is expected to do so in the
next few weeks. One recommendation is to divide the band, giving one
section to public safety agencies and another to wireless networks.

The Cellular Telecommunications & Internet Association (CTIA) says that
solution would take too long and could put public safety lives at risk.
Instead, those companies causing the interference should pay to fix the
problem where it is occurring. (Source: NY Post, AP)

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com.  Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/