Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Wireless Design Online Newsletter

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2004 12:11:59 -0400

April 06, 2004                            www.wirelessdesignonline.com

 Featured Article                                   Featured CD-ROM
 Fiber-Optic Link Connects 10-GHz Signals               [Image]
 By David Krautheimer, Mustafa Syed, and
 Daniel Sundberg                                RF Circuit Fundamentals
 MITEQ, Inc.                                    II

  Fiber-optic technology has improved steadily   RF Circuit
 in recent years to the point where optical     Fundamentals II is a
 links are now viable replacements for coaxial  continuation of the
 lines even at bandwidths as wide as 10 GHz.    classic bestselling RF
 System designers who need to transmit RF and   training course by Les
 microwave signals over a distance of more      Besser, but can also be
 than a few hundred meters will appreciate the  used for independent
 advantages that a fiber-optic link has to      instruction or review
 offer versus a conventional cable              of fundamental design
 transmission.                                  concepts.

                                                  Consulting Services
 Top News Stories
                                                ProSavvy brings clients
 [Image]Wireless Micro-Component Provider       with projects together
        Completes $12M Series B Funding         with consultants who

 [Image]Microtune Scores Victory in Patent      have the right
        Dispute with Broadcom                   expertise. We also
                                                provide consultants the
 [Image]RF Micro Devices Increases PA           ability to access
        Shipments to Samsung Electronics
                                                project opportunities.
 [Image]Hittite Introduces New 10 Watt          Visit ProSavvy and post
        Transmit/Receive MMIC Switch            your project today!
 Featured Products
                                                   Training Resources
 BCAP0014 Ultracapacitors               [Image]
 With a capacitance of 900 farads at            Thinking About
 2.5 volts, and in a cylindrical 50 x           Continuing Your
 122 mm package, Maxwell's BCAP0014             Education?
 ultracapacitor is ideal for                    Let us help you find
 applications requiring a pulse of              the right school for
 energy that cannot be efficiently              you. Whether you would
 provided by a battery or power supply          like to get an
 alone. Downloadable product datasheet          Associate's Degree,
 available...                                   Bachelor's Degree, or
                                                Master's Degree, we can
 Handset Power Amplifier Test System    [Image] help you pinpoint which
 ME7840/4                                       schools to choose from.
 Anritsu's PATS is a versatile power            For further details,
 amplifier test system for base station         click here
 and handset power amplifiers. The                 Trade Publications
 NavigatorT software orchestrates the
 Scorpion Direct Receiver Access                Browse from the
 configuration to easily and accurately         extensive list of
 perform PA measurements. Downloadable          complimentary trade
 product brochure and application note          publications. Click
 available...                                   here for more
                                                information.
 Rotary Step Attenuators                [Image]
 Trilithic's RA series rotary
 attenuators are recognized as the
 standard for durable, precise signal
 level control. The series is divided
 into both 50 and 75 ohm units with
 attenuation as high as 110 dB dynamic
 range, or as low as 1 dB range.
 Downloadable product datasheets
 available...

 WLAN Power Dividers                    [Image]
 The 50PD-519 (2-way), 50PD-520
 (4-way), and 50PD-521 (8-way) from JFW
 operate from 2 - 6 GHz with a maximum
 insertion loss of 3.6 dB (3.4 dB
 typical). Each model will handle up to
 5-Watts of continuous RF power and
 maintains a minimum isolation of 20
 dB...

 -