Subject: [NEXTEL-1] News media Article About San Antonio FD Radio System

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 16:51:42 -0400

Interference or marginal in-building portable coverage?

-------- Original Message --------
From: [email-masked]
Subject: News media Article About San Antonio FD Radio System

anyone have a transcript of this item?

from www.radioreference.com

Posted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 5:03 pm

Post subject: News Story on San Antonio Fire Department Radio Problems 

Well, it appears that the firefighters union is looking into reports
that SA Firefighters are having a hard time understanding each other
using the new EDACS ProVoice system. WHY fireground operations are in
digital, I'll never understand. Anyway... 

Here is the link for the video news story. 
http://www2.mysanantonio.com/multimedia/video/VideoPlayer/index.cfm?action=view&skin=nod&type=nod&ids=20291&play=1&format=WMV
(?dead link as of today - ps)

Very interesting! 

...and to think that the city wants to "restrict" access to
documentation regarding this system, when possible safety issues are
involved.
_________________
Lindsay C. Blanton 
Webmaster - www.radioreference.comBack to top

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com.  Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/