Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Textron FinancImproves SLA Attainment And Reduces Technician

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 14:39:30 -0400

Textron Financial Improves SLA Attainment And Reduces Technician 
Notification Time Using Vettro's Mobile Service and Repair 
Application
4/13/04     

NEW YORK &PROVIDENCE, R.I., Apr 13, 2004 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- 
Textron Financial Corporation ('Textron Financial'), a wholly owned 
subsidiary of Textron Inc. (NYSE: TXT), and Vettro today announced 
that Textron Financial has successfully deployed Vettro's Service 
and Repair application to improve the performance of its 
mobile IT help desk service technicians. Textron Financial's field 
technicians are utilizing Vettro's mobile application to interact 
with enterprise systems in real-time from the field, all from Java
(TM)-technology enabled cell phones. As a result, Textron Financial 
is realizing quantifiable business efficiencies and cost reductions 
in technician dispatch, job status reporting, trouble ticket 
reassignment and completion. 

'The desired objective with Vettro is to increase our bottom line by 
dramatically improving our Service Level Agreement attainment'said 
David Wilder, senior vice president of IT shared services group at 
Textron Financial. 'Because Vettro's application enables us to 
notify technicians of new trouble tickets immediately, we respond 
more efficiently and close more trouble tickets per day.' 

Textron Financial's field technicians are equipped with Vettro's 
Service and Repair application running on Motorola i95cl cell phones 
over Nextel's nationwide all-digital wireless network. Watch Hill 
Partners, a Mobile/Web Services firm, was engaged by Textron 
Financial to oversee and manage the integration of Vettro's Service 
and Repair application with Textron Financial's back-end systems--
HEAT(R) Service Management from FrontRange Solutions USA Inc. 

'With Vettro's Service and Repair application, Watch Hill Partners 
was able to turn HEAT into a real-time mobile enterprise platform 
for the help desk,'said Patrick Kennedy, director of consumer 
markets for Watch Hill Partners. 'Textron Financial can now realize 
all of the management efficiencies of HEAT without requiring 
technicians to carry laptops in the field.' 

'Vettro's application enhances enterprise technology investments by 
interfacing directly with existing back-end systems and leveraging 
wireless devices widely used by field service organizations,'said 
Joe Rymsza, president and chief executive officer of Vettro. 'Vettro 
also eliminates the need to recall these devices from the field by 
allowing enterprises to wirelessly install, update, and manage the 
application--further reducing the IT support costs associated with 
deploying a mobile application.' 

About Textron Financial Corporation 

Textron Financial is a diversified commercial finance company with 
over $8 billion in managed and serviced finance receivables. It has 
core businesses in Aircraft Finance, Asset-Based Lending, 
Distribution Finance, Golf Finance, Resort Finance, and Structured 
Capital. Textron Financial also provides financing programs for 
products manufactured by its parent company, Textron Inc. Additional 
information about the company is available at 
www.textronfinancial.com. 

About Vettro 

Vettro mobile applications transform wireless phones and handhelds 
into powerful, enterprise-connected computing devices. Vettro 
unlocks the value in existing enterprise systems and generates 
quantifiable business improvements for field service, mobile sales, 
and fleet operations. Backed by premier carrier and hardware 
partners committed to delivering enterprise-class offerings, 
Vettro's mobile applications have generated clear returns for high-
profile customers including BostonCoach, SuperShuttle, Clemson 
University, Hitachi Data Systems, and Textron Financial Corporation. 
For more information, visit www.vettro.com. 

About Watch Hill Partners 

Watch Hill Partners (www.whpi.com) is a consulting firm offering 
Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and Mobile/Web Services 
solutions to the Financial Services, Insurance, Healthcare, and 
Consumer Markets industries. Its experienced delivery team has 
implemented and supported leading technology in the world's top 
businesses. Watch Hill Partners Optimization Methodology(TM) 
addresses obstacles with an approach that creates and aligns 
clients'CRM, Mobile and ecommerce strategies with the technology and 
change management to drive success. 

SOURCE: Vettro 

Vettro Media: JiYoung Kim, 917-279-9342 [email-masked] 

http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/index.jsp?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20040413005689&newsLang=en

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com.  Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/