Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Re: Andy's commentary

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 15:15:09 -0400

-------- Original Message --------
From: Jack Daniel <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Andy's commentary.

Good comments Andy, Cathy. 

Maybe it's finally time to consider a fast track, Win plan!!

Over two years ago I posted my opinion that Nextel would gladly accept a
trade of the 1.9 block for ALL their holdings in every other band. I'm
convinced the 1.9 GHz spectrum is their objective and everything else is
just chips to play in the negotiations.

I and others were knocked for suggesting the most obvious solution: move
Nextel 100% out of the 800 MHz band.

It's probably too late now, but others on the hill are starting to see
that is the BEST approach of all. 

Only ONE user would have any relocations expenses, public safety would
NOT have to pay anything and their existing communications service would
not have to be disrupted several times over the next 4 years, public
safety could expand their 800 MHz spectrum holdings for interoperability
and the FCC could auction off a lot of the recovered 700, 800 and 900
Nextel spectrum to private users. 

Take Verizon's 5 Billion minimum valuation of the 1.9 GHz spectrum,
deduct what ever Nextel has their existing spectrum holdings are worth
(I recall it was about 2 billion) and let Nextel pay the difference.

And give Nextel 24 months to vacate the 800 band and cancel all their
licenses except the 1.9 GHz band. Within the 24 months there must be
mandatory migration milestones, and LARGE monetary fines for
non-compliance as each milestone passes uncompleted. Nextel would concur
with the initial plan and no delays  thereafter would justify an
extension beyond the 24 months. Everyone knows you cannot give a company
like Nextel any elbow room to violate the intent and purpose of their
agreements. 

Sorry, you other carriers. You've had dozens of chances to wipe out or
buy Nextel before now, so.... you snooze, you lose! You'll have to beat
them on the street, one user at a time. You can buy Nextel regardless of
where their spectrum is.

I call this the "Fast Track, Win-Win" plan as opposed to the "Consensus"
and "Balanced plan".

Jack Daniel
==============================================

Cathy Sutter wrote:
> 
> Andy,
> 
> You are correct in wondering how Nextel will proceed   "if "  the 1.9
> is given to them.   It appears to me like Nextel might be their own
> worst enemy.  They've created a race within their own corporate
> walls.  The race to compete with the 1.9.... or cure the 800
> interference ?  I bet most of us on this list can guess what will be
> priority.
> 
> History show's the FCC's effort to oversee a timely build out of
> "any "   license is weak at best.   Everyone knows the FCC simply
> takes a licensee at his word on a standard signed form that states
> they've constructed and complied.  This negligent pattern of granting
> spectrum has been going on for decades.  One can only imagine how
> many  "phantom"  800, 900,  UHF, VHF and 220 have been granted and
> renewed throughout the years.
> 
> If the FCC can't even police themselves as to the whereabouts of
> spectrum once it's granted......what makes anyone think  the FCC will
> check on Nextel to see if they're making good on their promise to cure
> the Public Safety problem ?  Once the 1.9 is in Nextel's hands and the
> money deposited ( no matter what the amount )  the FCC decision makers
> will have washed their hands of this whole consensus mess knowing they
> won't be around for the long haul anyway.
> 
>   Everyone knows one of the easiest way to acquire spectrum from the
> FCC is  NOT  via the auction.... but with a clever lawyer and a pen !
> 
> Just my 2 cent's .
> 
> Happy Easter Holidays to all !
> 
> Cathy Sutter

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: thiminaha Kamal <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 18:51:50 -0700 (PDT)

I have been trying to simulate wireless network using opnet, but invain. Please send me any tutorial apart from wired network if possible. or any material , I will appreciate that. Thank you for all the help you provided me.

Best Regards

Temi 

---------------------------------
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Tax Center - File online by April 15th