Subject: [NEXTEL-1] FCC - 03/31/2004

From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2004 00:26:11 -0500

PRESS STATEMENT OF CHAIRMAN MICHAEL K. POWELL AND COMMISSIONERS
KATHLEEN Q. ABERNATHY, MICHAEL J. COPPS, KEVIN J. MARTIN AND JONATHAN S.
ADELSTEIN ON TRIENNIAL REVIEW NEXT STEPS.  News Release. News Media
Contact: David Fiske at (202) 418-0513  CMMR, CMMR, CMMR, CMMR, OCH
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-245631A1.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-245631A1.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-245631A1.txt> 

 FCC RELEASES 2002 INTERNATIONAL TRAFFIC DATA.  News Release. News Media
Contact: Michael Balmoris at (202) 418-0253, email:
[email-masked]  WCB. Contact Linda Blake or Jim Lande at (202)
418-0940, TTY:  (202) 418-0484
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-245558A1.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-245558A1.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-245558A1.txt> 

 Released:  03/31/2004.  EX PARTE PRESENTATIONS AND POST-REPLY COMMENT
PERIOD FILINGS IN PERMIT-BUT-DISCLOSURE PROCEEDINGS.  OMD. Contact:
Helen Abraham@ (202) 418-0310
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-245576A1.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-245576A1.txt> 

Report No: 1786 Released:  03/31/2004.  WIRELESS TELECOMMUNICATIONS
BUREAU SITE-BY-SITE ACTION.  WTB
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-245543A1.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-245543A1.txt> 

Report No: 1788 Released:  03/31/2004.  WIRELESS TELECOMMUNICATIONS
BUREAU MARKET-BASED APPLICATIONS ACTION.  WTB
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-245515A1.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-245515A1.txt> 

Report No: 1785 Released:  03/31/2004.  WIRELESS TELECOMMUNICATIONS
BUREAU SITE-BY-SITE ACCEPTED FOR FILING.  WTB
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-245582A1.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-245582A1.txt> 

Report No: 1787 Released:  03/31/2004.  WIRELESS TELECOMMUNICATIONS
BUREAU MARKET-BASED APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED FOR FILING.  WTB
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-245541A1.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-245541A1.txt> 

 Released:  03/31/2004.  WIRELESS TELECOMMUNICATIONS BUREAU GRANTS
CONSENT TO ASSIGN MULTIPOINT DISTRIBUTION SERVICE STATION LICENSES. (DA
No.  04-905).  WTB. Contact:  Rita Cookmeyer or Yolanda Lee at (202)
418-0660
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-04-905A1.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-04-905A1.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-04-905A1.txt> 

Report No: 1789 Released:  03/31/2004.  WIRELESS TELECOMMUNICATIONS
BUREAU ASSIGNMENT OF LICENSE AUTHORIZATION APPLICATIONS, TRANSFER OF
CONTROL OF LICENSEE APPLICATIONS, AND DE FACTO TRANSFER LEASE
APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED FOR FILING.  WTB
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-245580A1.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-245580A1.txt> 

Report No: 1791 Released:  03/31/2004.  WIRELESS TELECOMMUNICATIONS
BUREAU ASSIGNMENT OF LICENSE AUTHORIZATION APPLICATIONS, TRANSFER OF
CONTROL OF LICENSEE APPLICATIONS, DE FACTO TRANSFER LEASE APPLICATIONS
AND SPECTRUM MANAGER LEASE NOTIFICATIONS ACTION.  WTB
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-245579A1.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-245579A1.txt> 

 TESTIMONY OF FCC CHAIRMAN POWELL BEFORE THE SUBCOMMITTEE ON COMMERCE,
JUSTICE, STATE, AND THE JUDICIARY OF THE COMMITTEE ON APPROPRIATIONS.
OCH.  UNITED STATES HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES ON THE FCC'S FISCAL YEAR
2005 BUDGET ESTIMATES March 31, 2004
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-245628A1.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-245628A2.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-245628A1.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-245628A2.txt> 

 REMARKS OF FCC COMMISSIONER MICHAEL J. COPPS  NAB INDECENCY SUMMITT.
CMMR.  Washington, DC March 31, 2004
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-245610A1.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-245610A1.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-245610A1.txt> 
 PEGASUS REQUEST TO PROVIDE DBS SERVICE USING TWO CANADIAN-LICENSED
SATELLITES.   Authorized Pegasus Development Corporation to provide
Direct Broadcast Satellite service in the United States using two
Canadian DBS satellites. Action by:  The Commission. Adopted:
03/31/2004 by ORDER. (DA No. 04-909).  IB
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-04-909A1.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-04-909A1.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-04-909A1.txt> 

 AMENDMENT OF PARTS 2 AND 97 OF THE COMMISSION'S RULES TO CREATE A LOW
FREQUENCY ALLOCATION FOR THE AMATEUR RADIO SERVICE.   Denied the
Petition for Reconsideration filed by Mr. W. Lee McVey. (Dkt No.
02-98). Action by:  the Commission. Adopted:  03/24/2004 by MO&O. (FCC
No. 04-71).  OET
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/FCC-04-71A1.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/FCC-04-71A1.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/FCC-04-71A1.txt> 

 AMENDMENT OF PARTS 2, 25 AND 73 OF THE COMMISSION'S RULES TO IMPLEMENT
DECISIONS FROM THE WORLD RADIOCOMMUNICATION CONFERENCE 2003 CONCERNING
FREQUENCY BANDS BETWEEN 5900 KHZ AND 27.5 GHZ AND TO OTHERWISE UPDATE
THE RULES IN THIS FREQUENCY RANGE.   Proposed amending Rules to complete
the domestic implementation of allocation decisions from the World Trade
Radiocommunication Conference concerning the frequency bands between
5900 kHz and 27.5 GHz and to update Rules in this frequency range. (Dkt
No.  04-139). Action by:  the Commission. Adopted:  03/29/2004 by NPRM.
(FCC No. 04-74).  OET
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/FCC-04-74A1.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/FCC-04-74A1.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/FCC-04-74A1.txt> 
ADDENDA:  THE FOLLOWING ITEMS, RELEASED MARCH 30, 2004, DID NOT APPEAR
IN DIGEST NO. 61:

 FCC'S NETWORK RELIABILITY AND INTEROPERABILITY COUNCIL HOLDS FIRST
MEETING UNDER NEW CHARTER.   Council to Focus on Homeland Security,
Network Reliability and Broadband Deployment.  News Release. News Media
Contact: Meribeth McCarrick at (202) 418-0654, email:
[email-masked]  OET. Contact Jeffrey Goldthorp at (202)
418-1096, email: [email-masked]
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-245528A1.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-245528A1.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-245528A1.txt> 

Report No: AUC-48 Released:  03/30/2004.  WIRELESS TELECOMMUNICATIONS
BUREAU GRANTS UPPER AND LOWER PAGING BAND LICENSES. (DA No.  04-887)
Auction Event No. 48.  WTB. Contact:  Lauren Patrich at (202) 418-7944
or Evan Baranoff at (202) 418-7142
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-04-887A1.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-04-887A2.xls>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-04-887A3.xls>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-04-887A4.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-04-887A5.doc>

<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-04-887A6.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-04-887A1.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-04-887A2.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-04-887A3.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-04-887A4.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-04-887A5.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-04-887A6.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-04-887A1.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-04-887A2.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-04-887A3.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-04-887A4.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-04-887A5.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-04-887A6.txt> 

 REMARKS OF MICHAEL K. POWELL, CHAIRMAN, FEDERAL COMMUNICATIONS
COMMISSION AT THE NETWORK RELIABILITY AND INTEROPERABILITY COUNCIL
MEETING, WASHINGTON, D.C., MARCH 30, 2004.  OCH
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-245553A1.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-245553A1.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-245553A1.txt>

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/