Subject: [NEXTEL-1] New public safety radio system possible

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 13:06:53 -0400

New public safety radio system possible
April 6, 2004

Danville -- A special work group that's been studying public safety
communication needs in Hendricks County for the past year is set to make
recommendations to the County Commissioners.  Although he declined to
discuss specifics of what will be proposed, Hendricks County Sheriff's
Department Chief Deputy Jack Miller said Monday it would provide for
seamless communication between agencies yet allow them to maintain
independence.

That has been a key sticking point in moving to a high-frequency radio
system. Brownsburg, Danville and Plainfield have wanted to continue to
run their own dispatching centers.

"We can still do that and get accomplished what we want to get
accomplished," Miller said.
With high-frequency radios, police, firefighters and emergency
management officials will be able to communicate with one another and
with agencies in Marion County.

It's still not clear whether the backbone of the countywide program
system will be Marion County's Metropolitan Emergency Communication
Agency or the Indiana State Police system called Hoosier Safe-T
program.  It could be both, Miller said, but the commissioners will have
to address cost and coverage issues.

http://www.indystar.com/articles/0/135605-3280-009.html

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com.  Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/