Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Motorola Introduces MTP750 TETRA Portable Radio

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2004 14:36:02 -0400

Motorola Introduces MTP750 TETRA Portable Radio for Improved Ease of Use
and Efficiency in Mission-Critical Environments

SINGAPORE, April 1 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Motorola's (NYSE: MOT)
Commercial, Government and Industrial Solutions Sector (CGISS) today
announced
its latest TETRA portable radio, MTP750, for operational users in
mission-
critical environments.  Incorporating valuable customer feedback into
the
design, Motorola's MTP750 features improved tactility and ergonomics
that
facilitate more intuitive usage and fast response time.  It is part of
Motorola's extensive range of durable and robust professional radios in
the
TETRA solutions portfolio.

The MTP750 was developed after consultation with different user groups
from public safety agencies.  The process resulted in improved
functionality
that builds on the winning features of the second generation MTP700
radio.
"Our latest radio is built on its predecessor, the MTP700, which has
already been well received by users operating in mission-critical
environments, such as public safety agencies and transportation
operators.
Our customers like the radio's reliability and durability combined with
the
integration of voice, data and encryption in one unit," said Lam Sau
Ping,
Senior Manager, Product Operations, Motorola's Commercial, Government
and
Industrial Solutions Sector, Asia Pacific.  "We are pleased to respond
to our
users' continuous need for a high quality radio by building on the
winning
features and adding new ones such as Multiple Language Support.  This
product
will certainly enhance user experience."

The MTP750 offers full integration of voice, data and encryption with
multiple language support in English, Simplified and Traditional
Chinese.
Enhanced features include:

-- 4-way navigation pad - the new intuitive 'game pad'-like design and
improved tactile feel enables fast menu scrolling and instant access
to the radio's menu; the raised edge of the radio also reduces wear
and tear against the carrying case

-- Talkgroup knob - its compact size prevents accidental re-adjustment,
enabling the user to stay at the same talkgroup

-- Dedicated emergency button - enlarged to facilitate easy activation
in
emergencies; specially designed and located where it can be triggered
in a 'no-look' situation

-- 13 programmable keys - one touch gives instant access to the most
frequently used features for increased speed and efficiency

The display of the MTP750 can also be flipped upside down at the touch
of
a button so that text messages can be read easily without removing the
radio
from the belt.  A front facing speaker ensures communications are
audible no
matter which way the radio is worn.

The Chinese language capabilities in MTP750 are supported by customer
programming software (CPS) that enables Chinese display with a
translated
online help file system.  The built-in predictive text engine also
provides
stroke and pin-yin input mechanisms for sending text messages and
entering
names into the radio's address book.
The MTP750 can operate up to 23 hours on one battery before recharge
under
specified usage conditions.   It also provides the assurance of robust
performance on the field with the Motorola Accelerated Life Testing
(ALT)(TM)
and the Military Standard 810.  The Motorola ALT(TM) subjects the radios

through a simulated five years of strenuous use in real life with
various
environmental stress conditions, such as severe temperature change and
exposure to rain, dust and salt spray.  It is also certified as
Intrinsically
Safe by Factory Mutual(R) Approvals (FM).
Motorola's TETRA MTP750 portable is available now in Asia Pacific.
For more information, visit: ap.cgiss.motorola.com

About TETRA
TErrestrial Trunked RAdio (TETRA) is an open digital trunked radio
standard defined by the European Telecommunications Standardisation
Institute
(ETSI) to meet the needs of the most demanding professional mobile radio

users.

Motorola's Commercial, Government and Industrial Solutions Sector
Motorola's Commercial, Government and Industrial Solutions Sector
(CGISS)
is a leading provider of integrated radio communications and information

solutions, with more than 65 years of experience in meeting the mission-

critical requirements of public safety, government and enterprise
customers
worldwide.  In 2003, CGISS received the inaugural Interpol Outstanding
Contribution Award for its services to the international law enforcement

community. The sector offers an extensive portfolio of solutions to meet

growing public safety and security needs, including: interoperable
two-way
radio communications solutions; command and control solutions;
identification
and tracking solutions; information management of criminal justice and
civil
needs; and physical security and monitoring solutions.

About Motorola
Motorola, Inc. (NYSE: MOT) is a global leader in wireless, broadband and

automotive communications technologies that help make life smarter,
safer,
simpler, synchronized and fun.  Sales in 2003 were U.S. $27.1 billion.
Motorola creates innovative technological solutions that benefit people
at
home, at work and on the move.  The company also is a progressive
corporate
citizen dedicated to operating ethically, protecting the environment and

supporting the communities in which it does business. For more
information:
http://www.motorola.com .
MOTOROLA and the Stylized M Logo are registered in the U.S. Patent and
Trademark Office.  All other product or service names are the property
of
their respective owners.

SOURCE Motorola, Inc.
Web Site: http://www.motorola.com http://ap.cgiss.motorola.com

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/