Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Verizon Wireless EVDO Set for Expansion

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2004 13:02:29 -0400

Verizon Wireless EVDO Set for Expansion

Verizon Wireless’ BroadbandAccess wireless data service is making it
mark and is set for expansion. The service will soon be launched
nationwide and currently is available in the Washington and San Diego
metropolitan areas. By the end of next year, Verizon says customers will
be able to connect wirelessly via a laptop, PDA or mobile phone to the
Internet at broadband speeds from almost any location in every major
U.S. metropolitan area. The Evolution Data Only (EVDO) technology, which
combines the speed of broadband, Wi-Fi and the coverage of mobile
service, offers users connections to the Internet at speeds of 300 to
500 kbps. (Source: Wall Street Journal)

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/