Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel/NASCAR Settlement would give Texas Speedway 2nd race

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 05:17:59 -0400

http://www.clarionledger.com/news/0403/26/s04a.html
--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com.  Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 
News

Sports

Obituaries

Business

E-Technology

Southern Style

Food

Home & Garden

Opinion

Columnists

Weather

Entertainment

Contact Us

Customer Service

Celebrations

Space.com

USA Today

USA Weekend

The Madison County Herald

Cars

Careers

Top Jobs

Classifieds

Real Estate

Apartments

NewHomeNetwork

Online coupons

Online postcards

Online crossword

Home | Mississippi News
| Sports | Story

Jackson, Mississippi

March 26, 2004

Settlement would give Texas Speedway 2nd race - The
Clarion-Ledger

Settlement would give Texas Speedway 2nd
race

The Associated
Press

FORT WORTH, Texas — Texas Motor Speedway could get another NASCAR
Nextel Cup race without a trial.

The attorney for a track shareholder who sued NASCAR over its refusal to
award a second event said Tuesday that progress is being made in settlement
talks.

Francis Ferko, a shareholder in Speedway Motorsports, filed suit after
Speedway Motorsports Inc.'s board of directors refused his request to sue
NASCAR.

In the suit filed in U.S. District Court in Sherman, Texas, Ferko claimed
NASCAR breached "implied" and "express" contracts by not awarding a second
Cup race to Texas.

SMI chairman Bruton Smith and Gossage have contended since the $250 million
track opened in 1997 that they have not been given a second date by NASCAR
as promised. NASCAR insists it never promised Texas another race.

The current race came when Smith bought the now-defunct track in North
Wilkesboro, N.C., and moved one of its events to Texas. All seven NASCAR
races at Texas have sold out.

Send this article as a postcard

Advertisements

Copyright © 2004, The Clarion-Ledger.

Use of this site signifies your agreement to the Terms of Service. We welcome your comments.E-mail us.

Mississippi News

Legislature

Legislature: Resources

Legislature: Senate Numbers

Legislature: House Numbers

Obituaries

Special Reports

World News

National News

USA Today

AP Wire

Sports News

Ole Miss Sports

Mississippi State Sports

Southern Miss Sports

Jackson State Sports

Small/jr. college sports

High School

Football 2003:
Special Tabloid

Fishing Report

Outdoors

Business News

Nissan Index

AP MoneyWire

Food

Courtney Taylor

Today's Editorials

Letters to the Editor

Ronnie Agnew

David Hampton

Marshall Ramsey

Sid Salter

Send a Letter
to the Editor

Ronnie Agnew

Bobby Cleveland

Rick Cleveland

David Hampton

Rusty Hampton

Orley Hood

Sherry Lucas

Gary Pettus

Marshall Ramsey

Sid Salter

Eric Stringfellow

Jack Sunn

Courtney Taylor

Biloxi

Hattiesburg

Jackson

Meridian

Natchez

Tunica

Tupelo

Music, movies, dining and more!
Searchable database.

Quick Reference Page

Place an Ad

Subscribe

Send a Letter
to the Editor

Corrections

7-Day Archives