Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel Still Experimenting

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 03:15:01 -0400

April 26, 2004

Nextel Still Experimenting

Despite a trial and now commercial service of a broadband wireless
offering in North Carolina, Nextel is reportedly
still examining other technologies: Mobile Pipeline reports unnamed
sources who say that Nextel is evaluating gear from
IPWireless, though not in any public trials. While it’s interesting to
note a vendor by name, it’s not big news that Nextel is
looking at other equipment in addition to Flarion. The company has been
fairly open about its interest in a variety of different
technologies, ranging from CDMA-based networks to proprietary gear from
Flarion.

I’ve talked to a few analysts who say that Nextel is very seriously
considering WiMax. IPWireless was once often mentioned
by the 802.20 crowd as an active follower but recently seems to have
jumped ship to the WiMax world.

Posted by Nancy Gohring at April 26, 2004 10:22 AM

http://wifinetnews.com/archives/003261.html

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com.  Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/