Subject: [NEXTEL-1] NII (Nextel International)Holdings Announces Filing of Resale Registration Statement

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 20:11:23 -0400

NII (Nextel International) Holdings Announces Filing of Resale
Registration Statement
April 27, 2004 7:43pm

RESTON, Va., April 27 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- NII Holdings, Inc.
(Nasdaq: NIHD) today announced that it filed with the Securities and
Exchange Commission a registration statement on Form S-3 for the resale
by selling security holders of notes and underlying shares of common
stock relating to its $300 million aggregate principal amount 2 7/8%
convertible notes due 2034. The notes were privately placed in January
and February 2004 and are subject to a registration rights agreement.
NII anticipates that the registration statement will become effective on
or before July 28, 2004, as required by the registration rights
agreement.

About NII Holdings, Inc.

NII Holdings, Inc., a publicly held company based in Reston, Va., is a
leading provider of mobile communications for business customers in
Latin America. NII Holdings, Inc. has operations in Argentina, Brazil,
Mexico and Peru, offering a fully integrated wireless communications
tool with digital cellular service, text/numeric paging, wireless
Internet access and Nextel Direct Connect(R), a digital two-way radio
feature. NII Holdings, Inc. trades on the NASDAQ market under the symbol
NIHD. Visit the Company's website at http://www.nii.com.

Nextel, the Nextel logo, Nextel Online, Nextel Business Networks and
Nextel Direct Connect are trademarks and/or service marks of Nextel
Communications, Inc.

"Safe Harbor" Statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform
Act of 1995. A number of the matters and subject areas discussed in this
press release that are not historical or current facts deal with
potential future circumstances and developments. The discussion of such
matters and subject areas is qualified by the inherent risks and
uncertainties surrounding future expectations generally, and also may
materially differ from NII Holdings' actual future experience involving
any one or more of such matters and subject areas. NII Holdings has
attempted to identify, in context, certain of the factors that it
currently believes may cause actual future experience and results to
differ from NII Holdings' current expectations regarding the relevant
matter or subject area. Such risks and uncertainties include the
economic conditions in our targeted markets, performance of our
technologies, timely development and delivery of new technologies,
competitive conditions, market acceptance of our services, access to
sufficient capital to meet operating and financing needs and those that
are described from time to time in NII Holdings' reports filed with the
Securities and Exchange Commission. This press release speaks only as of
its date, and NII Holdings disclaims any duty to update the information
herein.

http://www.hoovers.com/free/news/detail.xhtml?ArticleID=NR200404271680.2_6064000bcc26c92d

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/