Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Study to Go for Cellphones Offers Next Generation of Mobile Student Tools

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 12:30:37 -0400

Study to Go for Cellphones Offers Next Generation of Mobile Student
Tools

NEW YORK, April 12 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- McGraw-Hill/Irwin, the
leading provider of business and economic educational materials for the
higher education market, today announced a pilot version of Study To Go,
designed for cellphones with Internet access.  Study To Go is a student
self-assessment application currently available for Palm and Pocket PC
devices.  The pilot version of Study To Go for Cellphones is available
to students free of charge for anytime, anywhere access to textbook
correlated quizzes, key terms, and flashcards via their cellphone
Internet browser.

Through this research initiative, students have the opportunity to
directly participate in the development of the next generation of the
Study To Go product series. Students can provide comments at
http://www.mhhe.com/cellphone .

"Many students today have complicated schedules and need to maximize
small increments of free time. Knowing this, we recognized the need for
delivering flexible ways to study materials outside of the classroom,"
said JP Lenney, president of McGraw-Hill/Irwin, a unit of McGraw-Hill
Higher Education.  "This is another option for students that delivers a
simple, yet powerful way for them to use their cellphone to study when
they have down time in their busy schedules."

"Advances in technology are enabling us to provide innovative options
for learning. Study To Go for Cellphones is a natural extension of our
mobile learning program," said Grace Walkus, senior vice president,
McGraw-Hill Education Media Technology.  "The cellphone is standard
equipment for many of today's students and this application will add
value at no extra cost to the student."

Two beta versions of Study To Go for Cellphones titles are currently
being piloted.  These titles correlate with Nickels, McHugh, & McHugh's
Understanding Business, 7e, 2005 and Larson, Wild, & Chiappetta's
Fundamentals of Accounting Principles, 17e, 2005.  Additional titles are
planned for September classes.

Study To Go for Cellphones is the latest mobile tool for students
developed by McGraw-Hill/Irwin. McGraw-Hill/Irwin's Study To Go for Palm
and Pocket PC devices was released last year and is offered to accompany
approximately 50 business and economic titles.  Launched earlier this
year, McGraw-Hill/Irwin's PowerWeb To Go delivers course related content
on Palm and Pocket PC devices and is available in 26 titles.

For more information about Study To Go for Cellphones visit
http://www.mhhe.com/cellphone.  Both beta titles can be accessed via
your cellphone browser at http://cell.studytogo.com.

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/04-12-2004/0002149565&EDATE=

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com.  Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: sparkie_rf <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 20:39:58 -0000

--- In [email-masked], Marcelrf@B... wrote:
> devices.  

I have a feeling that this should be really named "Cheat and Go", but
that is just me.

 
Yahoo! Groups Links