Subject: [NEXTEL-1] 'Must Have' Innovations Help Drivers- Todd's all-new 2005 Cadillac STS.

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 21:34:59 -0400

'Must have' innovations help drivers
Off-road and remote adjustments improve moving
experience
By Anita Lienert / Special to The Detroit News
With the New York auto show just
completed, it’s time for a look at the
latest automotive features you won’t
be able to live without.

The first can be found on the all-new 2005 Cadillac STS. It’s a
sophisticated version of the remote start feature that is an option on
more everyday products such as the Chevrolet Malibu Maxx. The “smart
remote start” on the STS takes the concept a step further.  The device
not only starts the car from as far as 200 feet away by pressing a
button on the key fob, it also automatically adjusts a variety of
personalized settings in the process. In other words, it takes care of
things to make you nice and cozy once you step into the car.

The system activates the front and rear window defroster if necessary.
It begins to heat or cool your seats based on feedback from outside
temperature gauges and it adjusts the climate control to the previously
set cabin temperature.  Meanwhile, the Acura RL Prototype, which is a
precursor of the redesigned 2005 Acura RL sedan, has a real-time traffic
feature that should make the daily commute less of a headache.  Acura
says it’s the first time personalized traffic information is provided by
a vehicle’s navigation system.  The system furnishes traffic information
for freeways in 20 major metro areas, including Detroit. Using
information collected from police and transportation departments, the
system updates accident information and traffic flow within minutes. A
series of red, yellow or green dots appear on the navigation screen to
illustrate smoothly flowing routes or traffic jams. The system can also
help the driver seek an alternative route.

The 2005 Land Rover LR3 takes off-roading to a new level with its
Terrain Response feature. Terrain Response lets drivers choose from six
different terrain options, including dynamic dry road for high-speed
conditions, grass/snow for slick conditions and deep ruts for extreme
off-roading.

Based on the setting, the system coordinates several features, including
air-suspension settings, ride height, hill descent control, traction
control and transmission settings, to best respond to the surface.

Finally, the sexiest interior trim had to be the gold leaf lacquer
—reminiscent of expensive Asian art — that highlighted the shift lever
and door handles of the Buick Velite concept car.  You can reach Anita
Lienert at [email-masked].
http://www.detnews.com/2004/autosconsumer/0404/21/g03-128780.htm

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com.  Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/