Subject: [NEXTEL-1] T R O U B L E D C O M P A N Y R E P O R T E R

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 05:23:14 -0400

T R O U B L E D   C O M P A N Y   R E P O R T E R

Free Newsclips for Monday, April 19, 2004

TELTRONICS: 2003 Shareholders' Deficit More than Doubles to $6MM
----------------------------------------------------------------
Teltronics, Inc. (OTC Bulletin Board: TELT) announced its 
financial results for the year ended December 31, 2003. The 
revenues for 2003 decreased to $46.9 million from $54.4 million 
for 2002, a decrease of 13.8%. However, the Company's net loss for 
2003 decreased to $3.3 million from $4.6 million for 2002, which 
represents a decrease of 28.3%. The net loss available to common 
shareholders for 2003 decreased to $3.9 million from $5.1 million 
for 2002. Our diluted net loss per share for 2003 was $0.54 as 
compared to a diluted net loss per share of $0.93 for 2002.

Gross profit margin increased from 36.1% for 2002 to 39.0% for 
2003. The Company's operating expenses for 2003 decreased $2.7 
million from 2002 due primarily to cost cutting measures by the 
Company during 2002 and 2003.

"While we are clearly disappointed at the decrease in sales, we 
are encouraged that we were also able to decrease our net loss. 
The last few years have presented a challenge to all companies in 
the telecommunications industry as most of us have seen declines 
in our sales," said Ewen Cameron, Teltronics' President and Chief 
Executive Officer. "During this time our strategy has been to 
focus on cutting costs and being responsive to the changing needs 
of our customers by continuing to develop new products," continued 
Cameron. "We believe the launch of the new IP products as well as 
the continued savings from our cost cutting should positively 
impact the Company in 2004," Cameron concluded. 

At December 31, 2003, Teltronics, Inc.'s balance sheet shows a 
total shareholders' deficiency of $6,124,389 compared to 
$2,608,646 the prior year.

                   About Teltronics Inc.

Teltronics, Inc. is dedicated to excellence in the design, 
development, and assembly of electronics equipment and software to 
enhance the performance of telecommunications networks. The 
Company manufactures telephone switching systems and software for 
small-to-large size businesses, government, and 911 public safety 
communications centers. Teltronics provides remote maintenance 
hardware and software solutions to help large organizations and 
regional telephone companies effectively monitor and maintain 
their telecommunications systems. The Company also serves as an 
electronic contract-manufacturing partner to customers in the U.S. 
and overseas. Further information regarding Teltronics can be 
found at their web site, http://www.teltronics.com/

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/