Subject: [NEXTEL-1] 3GPP2 approves EV-DO Revision A

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 12:40:44 -0400

3GPP2 approves EV-DO Revision A
By Sam Omatseye
April 12 13:25:00, 2004

The CDMA2000 1x EV-DO Revision A standard has received the approval of
the Third Generation Partnership Project 2 Technical Specification
Group, according to the CDMA Development group.

The Revision A is an enhanced version of Revision 0, which delivers up
to 2.4 megabits per second data speeds and has been
humming in some networks since 2002. This Revision A supports peak data
rates of 3.1 Mbps on the forward link and up to 1.8 Mbps on the reverse
link.

“The high data rates on the reverse link and low data latency will
enable operators to deliver rich multimedia services, such as video
telephony and will enhance user experience,” said the CDG. It also
supports advanced data applications, such as MP3 transfers and video
conferencing, TV broadcasts, video and audio downloads.

Nine networks have deployed the DO technology in North America, Asia and
Latin America, while four others are scheduled to follow this year.

Verizon Wireless has announced nationwide expansion plans after its
initial deployments in San Diego and Washington, D.C. DO represents 25
percent of SK Telecom’s CDMA2000 users after less than two years of
service, said the CDG.
http://rcrnews.com/cgi-bin/news.pl?newsId=17668

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com.  Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/