Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Re: 9/11 Firefighters, Senior and Minority Groups to Wa...

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 12:44:23 -0400

Consular,

First,  I was looking for a statement from YOU on what evidence lead you
to make the following statement......

[email-masked] wrote:

"The folly of this Verizon-created group (with the assistance of the
Hastings Group firm)"

Obviously your statement pre-dates the article and the news conference
so it is really irrelevant to what FACTS lead you to your conclusion. I
am not defending them we are just interested in your evidence.

 See Below.....

[email-masked] wrote:

Interestingly, during the press conference none of the 3 firefighter
speakers
discussed whether they or their employer utilized 800 MHz equipment.  I
was
looking for an 800 MHz license for Dauphin County, and found many 450
MHz
licenses, but none for 800 MHz.  And the gentlemen that was speaking
about the
problems of the lack of firefighter interoperability at the Trade Center
on 9/11,
if memory serves correctly, I don't believe that they were using 800
MHz,
either (but as Jack says, I could be wrong).

Either way, you should listen for yourself.

Alan Tilles

Second,

Yes Consular, you are wrong.....................................

Where do you get your information from Timmy, Bumbling Barry West????

FDNY shares DoiTT's  800 mhz Motorola Type II trunking system with NYPD,
EMS, DoiTT, NYC SHERIFF, USCG, OEM, DA's office and others. I posted a
technical PPT presention on Nextel-1 a while ago (I guess you missed
it).

The 800mhz system is used by FDNY Op's and Brass. FDNY's "Field Comm"
unit which was on the scene at WTC has 800 mhz & VHF mobile radios.
FDNY Command cars  have several 800 mhz mobile radios in addition to
VHF.

As former FDNY members the individuals could be speaking to the
interference DoiTT's (Which FDNY shares) system has experienced from
Nextel. One perfect example was when NYCHA & OEM (I'm sure FDNY was
there 1st) responded to the confines of the 49 pct on blackout.

(http://iwce-mrt.com/ar/radio_new_york_city/index.htm) you do remember
that one? If not I have many other incidents to share.

Next time try a little Due Diligence before guessing and posting a
disclaimer.

P.S. Your  MRT/ NYPD TARRU can fill you in on the system since his Boss
uses it too.

BTW- Good try "Partner"

[email-masked] wrote:

>  In a message dated 6/24/2004 11:20:45 PM Eastern Standard Time,
> [email-masked] writes:
>
>      Consular,
>
>      The participants in the Conf. Call today including
>      Commissioner
>      William Fox, Metropolitan Fire Association, New York City,
>      Robert
>      Stephens, retired chief of dispatch, Fire Department of New
>      York and
>      Gene Stilp, firefighter, EMT and vice president of the
>      Dauphin all
>      said they came to Wash. using their OWN FUNDS.
>
>      Do you have any evidence to substantiate your claim that
>      this is a
>      "Verizon-created group"? If so we would all love to see it.
>
> Here's your answer about the 3 guys, who don't operate on 800 MHz
> systems........

> Spectrum Scrap
>
> June 24, 2004
>
> A press conference today with speakers from the public safety
> community knocking Nextel's Consensus Plan
>
>