Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Traffic disrupted in Durham NC

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 11:33:57 -0400

Morning commuters to the busy Research Triangle area in Durham, NC and
train traffic was disrupted this morning. Tarin crossing have been tampered
with resulting in the crossing arms being down and blocking traffic.

Automobile and train traffic was halted while law enforcement and bomb
squads searched the tracks.

Banners were hung from bridges in the area apparently protesting the G8
conference being hel this week in Sea Island, Georgia.

Local radio systems and telecommunicators were also very busy coordinating
the radio traffic as many responding city, county, and state agencies
utilized the interoperability features of local communications systems.

Rik Rasmussen
Communications Maintenance Administrator
City of Durham
919-560-4175 x 244
919-560-4400 fax
http://www.ci.durham.nc.us

--------------------------------------------------------------------
mail2web - Check your email from the web at
http://mail2web.com/ .

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar.
Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/