Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel Signs Alliance Agreement with SAIC to Offer Wireless Solutions to Government and Business Market Verticals

From: NEXTEL-1
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2004 15:24:47 -0400

Nextel Signs Alliance Agreement with SAIC to Offer Wireless Solutions to
Government and Business Market Verticals

RESTON, Va.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--June 1, 2004--Nextel(R) Communications
Inc.  (NASDAQ:NXTL) today announced that it signed a non-exclusive joint
sales and marketing agreement with Science Applications International
Corporation (SAIC) to establish shared leads and joint offerings of
mobile solutions with SAIC Voice and Business Mobilization Solutions,
and Nextel Telecommunications Voice and Data Services. The parties will
focus on the government / public sector, energy, oil and gas,
healthcare, financial services, transportation, retail, and
manufacturing industries.

Under the terms of the agreement, both companies will jointly offer
Nextel's nationwide digital wireless network, products and professional
services, and SAIC's expertise in system integration services, business
consulting services, technology and architecture consulting, information
services, and application development.

"Mobility has become a core requirement in enterprise applications
today. Nextel can bring the wireless voice and data network, products
and services, and business practices that can assist us in addressing
the needs of our corporate and government customers," said Glen N.
Courtright, assistant vice president at SAIC. "Nextel's wireless
solutions are designed to scale from workgroup to enterprise-wide
deployments, facilitating workforce mobility and critical information
exchange."
"Nextel and SAIC are working together to provide wireless business
solutions that help organizations excel by producing critical
information on demand," said Susan Nelson, vice president of alliances
and partnerships at Nextel. "We enable corporate and government
customers to deploy a wireless infrastructure that can break down the
barriers to information access, allowing mobile workers to get business
done wherever they may be."

Nextel and SAIC are already working together on a number of projects in
the public sector and select industry segments.
About SAIC

SAIC is the largest employee-owned research and engineering company in
the United States, providing information technology, systems integration
and eSolutions to commercial and government customers. SAIC engineers
and scientists work to solve complex technical problems in national and
homeland security, energy, the environment, space, telecommunications,
health care, and logistics. With annual revenues of $6.7 billion, SAIC
and its subsidiaries, including Telcordia Technologies, have more than
43,000 employees at offices in more than 150 cities worldwide. More
information about SAIC can be found at www.saic.com.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Yahoo! Domains - Claim yours for only $14.70
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/