Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Nokia Launches PoC Enterprise Market Consultancy Service to Support Operators' Push to Talk Business

From: NEXTEL-1
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 02:34:36 -0400

Nokia Launches PoC Enterprise Market Consultancy Service to Support
Operators' Push to Talk Business

With push to talk, mobile phone users can use their mobiles like
walkie-talkies, communicating with a selected group or an individual
with the push of a single button. The service is a new direct method for
instant one-on-one or one-to-group communications, and can be used to
enhance productivity in enterprises, for example in manufacturing,
transportation and construction businesses.

Nokia's PoC Enterprise Market consultancy service consists of a service
trial that allows sampling of the PoC services and workshops for both
the operator and enterprise customers.  Several major companies,
including ABB are already seeing the benefits of the service.

"Push to talk over Cellular offers significant value for the enterprise
sector, and our service helps operators to identify the business
segments and the value of push to talk for enterprises. The Nokia PoC
Enterprise Market Consultancy service increases the speed of push to
talk take-up in the enterprise segment and thus quickens the return on
investment for the operator," says Ilkka Toivola, Vice President, Mobile
Software Integration, Networks, Nokia.

'Nokia conducted a service trial for our enterprise customers," says Esa
Pigg, Vice President, ABB Oy Service. "We found the service trial with
the enterprise to be a very effective way to show and see the benefits
of push to talk in daily business.  Based on our experience we strongly
believe that push to talk will play an important role among the
enterprises in the future."
PoC Enterprise Market Consultancy service is available now for the
deployment in all the major markets where Nokia's Networks business
group is present.

Nokia's carrier grade Push to talk over Cellular solution provides
competitive performance, a full feature set, and a smooth network
software upgrade path to the upcoming Open Mobile Alliance (OMA)
standard. With more than 30 operator trials ongoing, and five public
commercial contracts, Nokia is leading the market for Push to talk over
Cellular.

ABB (www.abb.com) is a leader in power and automation technologies that
enable utility and industry customers to improve performance while
lowering environmental impact. The ABB Group of companies operates in
around 100 countries and employs about 113,000 people.

Nokia is the world leader in mobile communications, driving the growth
and sustainability of the broader mobility industry. Nokia is dedicated
to enhancing people's lives and productivity by providing easy-to-use
and secure products like mobile phones, and solutions for imaging,
games, media, mobile network operators and businesses. Nokia is a
broadly held company with listings on five major exchanges.

www.nokia.com

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar.
Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/