Subject: [NEXTEL-1] First Avenue to lease spectrum to Pass Word

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 00:45:43 -0400

First Avenue to lease spectrum to Pass Word
June 16 12:45:00, 2004

CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va.—First Avenue Networks, holder of an expansive
spectrum portfolio, announced wireless Internet
service provider Pass Word Inc. will use licensed spectrum from First
Avenue’s Express Net product to expand its broadband network.

By deploying First Avenue’s 39 GHz licensed spectrum, Pass Word will
increase the capacity in its backbone, enabling it
to expand the applications and services it offers to customers in
Washington, Oregon, Idaho and Montana. The licensed
spectrum will also enhance reliability of the network.

“We knew that we could avoid interference by replacing unlicensed links
with licensed links, but determined that
licensing each link with the FCC would be time and cost prohibitive,”
explained Rod Bacon, president of Pass Word. “First
Avenue Networks clearly understood our concern and made the process easy
by tailoring lease economics that fit our
business model economics. This gives us the ability to achieve
carrier-grade reliability and to expand our high-capacity
services.”

http://rcrnews.com/cgi-bin/news.pl?newsId=18506

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Yahoo! Domains - Claim yours for only $14.70
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/