Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Double-directional radio channel estimation at 2GHz for high speed vehicular mobiles - Experimental results

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 14:50:05 -0400

Double-directional radio channel estimation at 2GHz for high speed
vehicular mobiles - Experimental results

Helmut Hofstetter 1, Martin Steinbauer 2, Christoph F. Mecklenbr¨auker 1

1Forschungszentrum TelekommunikationWien (ftw.), A-1210 Vienna, Austria.

2Vienna University of Technology, A-1040 Vienna, Austria.
[email-masked], http://www.ftw.at/

Abstract

Results obtained from a high speed outdoor field trial in the 2GHz band
are presented. The aim of this contribution is to characterize double
directional radio propagation apt for MIMO (Multiple Input Multiple
Output) systems in quite an unusual environment. From the Wideband
measurements we estimate the delays, arrival and departure angles using
two multiplexed antenna arrays, one circular and one linear. The
measurement results show a dominant LOS component and low angular spread
for both, DoAs and DoDs, allowing to anticipate only limited diversity
gain.

http://www.nt.tuwien.ac.at/mobile/papers/mobile_radio_channel/WPMC2001_St/paper.pdf

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar.
Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/