Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Cingular Solidifies Broadband Agenda

From: NEXTEL-1
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 00:57:06 -0400

Cingular Solidifies Broadband Agenda

On the heels of last month's revelations that it is testing UMTS/HSDPA
technology in its Atlanta market, Cingular Wireless this morning
announced that it will deploy UMTS/HSDPA throughout its entire network.
The company just last week issued a request for proposal to the vendor
community for UMTS/HSDPA infrastructure equipment.

http://www.wirelessweek.com/index.asp?layout=newsat2direct&starting=2&pubdate=06/22/04

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Yahoo! Domains - Claim yours for only $14.70
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: "Todd Ellis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 16:31:09 -0400

I think that just trumped the EV-DO announcement by another carrier?

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, June 23, 2004 12:57 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Cingular Solidifies Broadband Agenda

 
Yahoo! Groups Links

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 17:02:34 -0400

It's really hard to say until the data  hits the street. It appears that it
may be the  move to make for Cingular, however Flarion is on FIRE~~~ and
can't be beat so far. Ray Dolan (Flarion CEO) indicated they have a airline
deal in the works that will bring them into the lime light. Also a
software up grade is also in the works that can almost double their current
speed.

P.S. Sparkie- I got some data on the Flarion/  Talladega stuff just trying
to analyze it.

> I think that just trumped the EV-DO announcement by another carrier?

Yep,-  http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/message/19106

 
Yahoo! Groups Links