Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Re: Nextel Spectrum 'Grab' Will be a set back......

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 09:57:22 -0400

And this is from the guy who said..........

"phone systems across the nation are overwhelmed disabling almost every
telephone (landline or wireless -
 EXCEPT Nextel's Direct Connect because it works on a separate radio
network" -NOT~!!!!!
http://www.apco911.org/theexchange/index.cgi?read=2773

Huhhh????   "separate radio network"

This is simply NOT TRUE Nextel's interconnect and Direct Connect all
travel across the same airwaves (within the same
17 khz of bandwidth). It all goes across the same T1 back to the switch.
The main component of "Direct Connect" is the Dispatch Application
Processor, which coordinates and controls the Direct Connect dispatch
service which is part of the same network.

If you read his post you will see this is just one of many incorrect
statements on system operation.

Why do Firefighters pretend to be radio experts and give incorrect
technical information?????
If the technical information that is disseminated at this simplistic
level (system operation) is incorrect how can we believe information on
a complicated issue such as interference is correct? We
can't................

[email-masked] wrote:

  Updated: 06-25-2004 01:58:25 PM
  First Response Coalition Speaks About Interoperability & The
  Consensus Plan

  CHARLES WERNER
  * Firehouse.Com Contributor
  ----------------------------------------------------------------------