Subject: [NEXTEL-1] SCT limits Nextel's expansion in Mexico

From: NEXTEL-1
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 02:06:01 -0400

SCT limits Nextel's expansion in Mexico
June 9, 2004 6:18pm

MEXICO CITY, Jun 09, 2004 (El Economista/Corporate Mexico by Internet
Securities, Inc. via COMTEX) --Nextel de México needs the Transportation
and Communications Secretariat (SCT) to launch the bidding process for
the 800 megahertz broadband radio-electric spectrum, which will allow
the telephone firm to expand its services in Mexico, said Carlos Ortega,
corporate communication director at Nextel.<P>Ortega said that once the
bases of the auction are defined, Nextel will design its coverage
expansion plans, since it currently has presence in just 25 cities and
has 703,000 clients. "Since operations started in 1998, Nextel has made
investments of US$1.5 billion, and during the first quarter of 2004, the
firm reported 27% year-on-year sales growth," he added. The spokesman
said that based on the latest report between the SCT and the telephone
company, the auction bases will be published this year and from that
moment, Nextel will plan its growth in Mexico."At present, we have a 3%
share in the mobile telephone market in Mexico, but we have a 30% market
share in the post-pay segment," said Ortega.
This abstract is provided by Internet Securities, Inc. as a service to
its customers. Internet Securities, Inc. makes no representation or
warranty regarding the accuracy or content of the translation.

www.securities.com

Copyright 2004 Internet Securities, Inc

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar.
Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/