Subject: [NEXTEL-1] 2 Questions: 100% Removal of Interference and 900 MHz

From: NEXTEL-1
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 15:43:43 -0400

-------- Original Message --------
From: "Briman63" <[email-masked]>
Subject:  2 Questions: 100% Removal of Interference and 900 MHz

I have two questions that I am hoping those who are more closely 
following the Consensus filings can help clarify.

1) I have been trying to keep up with all the filings, but think I 
may have missed something. In the June 9 filing regarding additional 
2 MHz of spectrum for Public Safety, Nextel states:

"The probability of public safety or private wireless licensees below 
861 MHz receiving interference from a cellular, low-site operator or 
operators would on average approach zero.14  Simply stated, CMRS
– 
public safety interference will no longer be a problem for licensees 
below 861 MHz."

I remember seeing Nextel using numbers at about 92% or more of the 
interference going away depending upon where in the band the 
frequencies were. 

The question is: Is there some newer report or study that states that 
the revisions in the plan will cover 100% of the interference? This 
doesn't seem possible in light of comments such as AT&Ts at IWCE that 
they were still causing interference to control channels in 806 band 
in Denver--and they operate above Nextel in the band.

What have I missed?

2) The June 9 filing mentions 900 MHz in the title, but nowhere else. 
A separate article on the internet states that Utilities no longer 
get 900 MHz as part of the Consensus plan. Is this true??

Thanks for whatever light you can shed on these questions.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar.
Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/