Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Access Spectrum, LLC, and 4RF Communications Announce New 700 MHz Private Wireless Solution

From: NEXTEL-1
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 18:18:11 -0400

Access Spectrum, LLC, and 4RF Communications Announce New 700 MHz
Private Wireless Solution
Source: Business Wire
Publication date: 2004-06-15

New product delivers longhaul T1 wireless solutions for public safety,
cellular and utility networks

-- Backhaul to public safety command and control centres
-- Inter-connection to cellular backbone networks and switch locations
-- Point-to-point transmission for utility remote monitoring and control
applications

ACCESS SPECTRUM, LLC, the premier provider of Exclusive Private
Wireless(R) (XPW) solutions for voice and data communications, and 4RF
Communications, a world leader in the development of wireless access
solutions will jointly showcase the Aprisa(TM) XE 700 MHz point-to-point
digital radio at UTC Telecom 2004.

The digital radio optimises the distance capability of the new 700 MHz
private wireless spectrum to enable connectivity between two fixed
points over distances up to 100 miles for the transmission of internet,
voice and data traffic. The radios can be deployed in a variety of
linking applications for public safety and cellular communications
networks and utility company remote monitoring and control systems.

The Aprisa XE radio transports voice and data, including IP, for phone,
mobile radio, video, SCADA, telemetry, teleprotection, and signalling
applications. Announced capacities range from fractional T1 to four T1
configurations with QPSK to 64 QAM modulation. The multiple T1 access
capability in the guard band reduces utility and cellular companies'
reliance on leased T1 services from incumbent wireline carriers.

The 700 MHz band enables extremely reliable transmission over long
distances and difficult terrain, particularly over water and partly
obscured paths. As a privately managed band, 700 MHz permits exclusive
frequency assignment guaranteeing carrier-class performance and
minimizing interference. The RF design of the Aprisa radio integrates
high-performance digital processing techniques including FEC (Forward
Error Correction), interleaving, and advanced radio equalization to
minimize transmission degradation from path impairments. Sophisticated
modulation techniques in the radio platform enable highly efficient
transmission in narrow channels, enabling optimum use of available
spectrum.

The radio features an in-built channel bank, which reduces costs by
eliminating the requirement for external equipment. Advanced plug-in,
customer-configurable interface modules facilitate ease of integration
with both legacy and new generation network elements. A suite of
embedded element management applications for remote configuration and
diagnostics, and SNMP management and monitoring, minimizes field service
calls and reduces the cost of installation and ongoing management
supervision.

"The 4RF Aprisa 700 MHz microwave radio will play an important role in
helping public safety entities and utilities such as energy companies to
reduce costs and increase efficiencies, while meeting the challenges of
critical infrastructure communication," says Access Spectrum President,
Mark E. Crosby. "Our relationship with 4RF represents an outstanding
opportunity to capitalize on our respective organizations' expertise and
achieve our mutual objective of offering customers improved private
wireless communications capabilities."

Note

This device has not yet been authorized as required by the rules of the
FCC. This device may not be sold, leased, or offered for sale or lease,
until FCC authorization has been received.

About 4RF Communications 4RF Communications is in the vanguard of
digital microwave radio and
wireless product development. The company provides high-performance
access solutions to leading network operators, and telecommunication
and utility companies for wireless applications throughout the world.
Learn
more about the company at http://www.4rf.com/

About Access Spectrum

Access Spectrum provides Exclusive Private Wireless Solutions that
enable companies to reduce operating costs, improve response times, and
increase safety by maintaining control of wireless voice and data
communications networks.
Access Spectrum and its network of Exclusive Private Wireless(R)
Solutions Providers deliver the equipment, engineering and bandwidth for

end-to-end implementation of wireless voice and data communications
systems. Unlike shared or unlicensed wireless solutions, Exclusive
Private Wireless delivers the absolute control, flexibility and
long-term
reliability needed by critical infrastructure providers, including
utility,
petrochemical, transportation and manufacturing companies, and public
safety organizations. Visit the company online at

http://www.AccessSpectrum.com/
Publication date: 2004-06-15

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Yahoo! Domains - Claim yours for only $14.70
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/