Subject: [NEXTEL-1] WirelessDevNet Daily - Jun 3, 2004

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2004 15:40:04 -0400

If you have trouble viewing this email, please connect your browser to:
http://www.wirelessdevnet.com/news/2004/jun/03/newsfeed.html

 WirelessDevNet Daily - Jun 3, 2004

 Published by ThinkBurst Media, Inc. (Copyright ©2003)

  ------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                  * Sponsored by Broadbeam *

   Avoid frequent disconnects, reduce airtime costs and optimize existing mobile apps with
   MSS Smart IP® from Broadbeam! Without any modification, MSS Smart IP runs underneath
   your current applications and compensates automatically for frequent network
   interruptions and disconnects. Click here to eliminate mobile frustrations now with a
   FREE 30-day evaluation!
  ------------------------------------------------------------------------

 TODAY'S WIRELESSDEVNET NEWSMAKERS

 Clickatell Introduces A New Model Around Premium Rate                               [Image]
 Clickatell have once again introduced a 'global first' by deciding to give all the
 revenue generated on premium rated campaigns to the campaign runners and only charging a
 flat SMS handling fee

 Microsoft Connected Car Technology Named Best Telematics Solution of 2004
 Microsoft Corp.'s Connected Car Technology was named Best Telematics Solution at Telematics
 Update Awards 2004

 Blue Lava Wireless Signs Mobile Gaming Cross-Licensing Agreement with G-mode in Japan
 Blue Lava Wireless is First U.S. Mobile Gaming Content Partner for Leading Japanese
 Publisher of Wireless and Mobile Entertainment

 mixipix Creates Cartoon Messaging For Mobile Phones
 The mixipix cartoon messaging service allows users to choose from a huge range of animations
 &ndash; or create their own &ndash; which can then be sent to their own or someone else's
 mobile phone handset as a greeting

 Nextel Partners Expands GPS Navigation Services Through Televigation Partnership
 Nextel Partners, Inc announced the availability of TeleNav(R), a mobile-phone based GPS
 navigation service powered by Televigation, to its customers

 APS Wireless Stores First to Install SmartServ Mobile Content Kiosks
 Chain will sell popular mobile ringtones, images and games via new 'digital vending'
 machines

 At the BREW 2004 Developers Conference: WireJack&trade; to unveil new &ldquo;wireless
 snacks&rdquo; and more
 WireJack will make several announcements at the BREW 2004 Developer&rsquo;s Conference in
 San Diego including the creation of a new sports division, the roll-out of new mobile
 infotainment services, and news about additional content partners
  ------------------------------------------------------------------------
             * Ericsson's NRG Software Development Kit (SDK) for Parlay/OSA *

 Want to use MMS, SMS, call set-up, mobility and more in your applications? Parlay/OSA
 standards ensure a common API set to enrich your applications. Ericsson enables
 Parlay/OSA based applications with the new NRG SDK for Parlay/OSA. We make developing
 Parlay applications easier. Read more.
  ------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          [ Get WDN news on your PDA from AvantGo ]
                     [ Put your News in front of 1,000's of Developers! ]

 WIRELESSDEVNET FEATURED EVENTS

 Events Database Now Automated! - The WirelessDevNet Events pages have been better    [Image]
 automated to enable user submission of events. Please check out the new format and
 submit your upcoming event!

 WIRELESSDEVNET CAREER CENTER
   [Image] tester for RIM Blueberry
   [Image] Wireless Entertainment BREW Developer
   [Image] Developer
   [Image] Regional Sales Manager, Ontario Canada
   [Image] Wireless Producer

      Post your Job Ad | Post your Resume | View All jobs | Free Consultant's Directory

                                [ careers.wirelessdevnet.com ]

 WIRELESSDEVNET SUGGESTED READING

 Building PDA Databases for Wireless and Mobile Development - Written for             [Image]
 programmers, technical managers, technical architects, and anyone wanting to learn
 about personal digital assistant (PDA) database applications, this book explains how to
 build databases on personal digital devices to be used with PDA applications, and also shows
 how to build PDA...

 WIRELESSDEVNET FEATURED TRADEPUB

 Wireless Week - Wireless Week is the Wireless Authority. Its twice-monthly           [Image]
 newsmagazine that follows wireless industry developments, offering in-depth
 analysis, perspectives and insights on trends. The articles encompass business, financial
 and technical developments related to service providers, retailing, networks, content,
 applications, and hardware. The second issue of the month includes the Wireless Internet
 Magazine super-section.

                                   [ View All Trade Pubs ]

 YOUR WIRELESSDEVNET SUBSCRIPTION

 This message is being brought to you as a valued visitor to the Wireless Developer Network.
    From time to time, you will receive Special announcements and messages from us or our
                                         Sponsors.

           Please note that you are currently subscribed with the email address of
                                   [email-masked]

             To discontinue receiving the WirelessDevNet mailer, please visit:
 http://lists.thinkburst.com/cgi-bin/newsletter/rem_one?addr=[email-masked]&list=wdn1

             The Wireless Developer Network - A ThinkBurst Media Trade Community
              Copyright ©2000 - 2003 ThinkBurst Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved

                         For additional information, please contact:
                                   ThinkBurst Media, Inc.
                                      4588 Hwy 20 East
                                           Suite A
                                     Niceville, FL 32578