Subject: [NEXTEL-1] 800 Interference Report - City of Yuma

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 11:21:52 -0400

-------- Original Message --------
From: "Ron Haraseth" <[email-masked]>
Subject: 800 Interference Report  - City of Yuma

Note:  an updated complete text file of all reports to date are located
at:
http://www.apco911.org/frequency/project_39/combined.txt
To report 800 MHz commercial interference:
http://www.apco911.org/frequency/800interfere.html#interfere

---------------------------------------------------------------------

June 14, 2004
Location City:....................... Yuma
       County:....................... Yuma
        State:....................... Arizona
Agency Name:......................... City of Yuma
Type of service:..................... Police, Fire, Public Works, Parks,
Comm Dev
Service coverage area:............... City of Yuma
Population estimate:................. 91,000
Is interference Annoying:............ Yes
Is interference Harmful:............  Yes
Type of PS System:................... Trunked voice and MDT
Band:................................ 806-821    
Identified interference:............. Nextel site at Cresent Center 24
St
and 4th Ave
Interference been reported to:....... APCO FCC Commercial Provider
Has interference been resolved:...... No If, how:
We notified Nextel via phone and in writing around February 2004. 
Little
action was taken until there was a fatal car accident within the
communications Black
Hole formed by the Nextel site.

Descriptive Narrative

After above Nextel engineers came on site May 3, 2004 to test and
results
were they are interfering on all 20 of our 800 MHz freq.  The
interference
extends in an approx 1 mile circumference around their site,
Interference is
strongest on azmuths corresponding to panel locations. Radios and MDTs
are
experiencing desense and intermod interference. Both are unusable for
the 
most part within that area. Nextel has indicated they are short Freq in
area
but they were going to try and reduce Nextel site presence by 10
channels to help.  
Nothing has been accomplished on this to  date.  We requested Nextel
mitigate 
interference or turn site off.
 
Technical Contact Name:.............. Greg Wilkinson 
Technical Contact Title:............. Asst Dir ITS & Telecom 
Agency:.............................. City of Yuma 
Email:............................... [email-masked]

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar.
Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/