Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Motorola Shop Needed For- Installation of government provided mobile and base station radios

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 02:53:25 -0400

N -- Installation of government provided mobile and base station radios

General Information

Document Type: Combine Solicitation
Solicitation Number: Reference-Number-F7C0MM41410300
Posted Date: Jun 16, 2004
Original Response Date: Jun 23, 2004
Current Response Date: Jun 23, 2004
Original Archive Date:
Current Archive Date:
Classification Code: N -- Installation of equipment
Set Aside: Total Small Business

Naics Code: 443112 -- Radio, Television, and Other Electronics Stores
Contracting Office Address

Department of the Air Force, Air Force Special Operations Command, 16th
Contracting Squadron, 350 Tully Street P.O. Box 9190, Hurlburt Field,
FL, 32544-9190

Description

This is a combined synopsis/solicitation for commercial items prepared
in accordance with the format in FAR Subpart 12.6, as supplemented with
additional information included in this notice. This announcement
constitutes the only solicitation; a quotation is being requested and a
written solicitation will not be issued. Solicitation number
F7COMM41410300 is hereby issued as a Request for Quotation. The
incorporated provisions and clauses are those in effect through Federal
Acquisition Circular 2001-22 & 23. This solicitation is 100% set aside
for Small Business, and is under North American Industry Classification
System Code 443112 . To qualify for a small business for this
acquisition the size standard is less than $7.5 million. Hurlburt Field
intends to have a contractor furnish all labor, tools, materials,
facilities and transportation necessary to install ninety-six (96) new
mobile Land Mobile Radio transeivers and fifty-one (51) new Land Mobile
Radio base station transeivers. The government will furnish the
transeivers and coordinate scheduling of installation with Hurlburt
Field customers. To be considered for award, offerer must be a factory
mutual Motorola authorized service center. Due to the fact that the
manufactorer?s 3-year warranty would be voided if an unauthorized dealer
completed the installation. Place of installation shall be various
locations on Hurlburt Field Florida 32544, as coordinated by 16
Communication Squadron. The following clauses and provisions are hereby
incorporated either by reference or full text and are to remain in full
force and effect in any resultant purchase order: FAR 52.212-1,
Instructions to Offerors - Commercial Items (May 2004). It applies to
this acquisition and is amended to read: FAR clauses and provisions can
be located via the Internet at: http//: www.farsite.hill.af.mil. Submit
signed and dated quotations on company letterhead or quotation form. The
Government reserves the right to evaluate proposals and award a contract
without discussions with offerors. FAR 52.212-2 (Jan 1999),
Evaluation-Commercial Items is included. The award will be made to the
lowest evaluated cost (price) offer that meets all the minimum mandatory
criteria in the solicitation; meaning the lowest offer which submits a
proposal on the requested equipment. Each offeror shall include a
completed copy of the provisions at FAR 52.212-3, Offeror
Representations and Certifications Commercial Items (May 2004), with the
quotation. Submit signed and dated offer to: Department of the Air
Force, 16 CONS/LGCY, Attn: Scott Labbe, 350 Tully Street, PO Box 9190,
Hurlburt Field FL 32544-9190 at or before 1600 (4:00 PM Central Standard
Time), 23 June 2004. Offers may be faxed to (850) 884-5372. The clause
at FAR 52.212-4, Contract Terms and Conditions - Commercial Items (Oct
2003), applies to this acquisition with the following addendum: The
clause at FAR 52.212-5, Contract Terms and Conditions Required to
Implement Statutes or Executive Orders (May 2004), applies to this
acquisition and is incorporated by reference. The clause at FAR
52.232-33, Payment by Electronic Funds Transfer-Central Contractor
Registration (31 U.S.C. 3332) (Oct 2003) applies to this acquisition and
is incorporated by reference. The clause at DFARS 252.212-7001, Contract
Terms and Conditions Required to Implement Statutes or Executive Orders
Applicable to Defense Acquisition of Commercial Items (Jun 2004) applies
to this acquisition and is incorporated by reference. A Firm-Fixed-Price
Purchase Order will be issued in writing. All questions must be in
writing and may be faxed to (850) 884-5372 two (2) days prior to
proposal due date.

All answers to questions will be posted on EPS.

Original Point of Contact
Robert Roberts, Contract Specialist, Phone (850)884-3269, Fax
(850)884-5372, Email [email-masked] - Twila Beasley,
Contracting Officer, Phone (850) 884-1269, Fax (850) 884-5372, Email
[email-masked]
Place of Performance
Address: Hurlburt Field, FL
Postal Code: 32544
Country: USA

http://www1.eps.gov/spg/USAF/AFSOC/16CS/Reference%2DNumber%2DF7C0MM41410300/Combine%20Synopsis%5FSolicitation.html

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar.
Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: Blake Bowers <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 11:24:30 -0500

Interesting.  Even though Motorola has drilled into us the
fact that we cannot deny a warranty if someone self installs
their equipment, (Unless their install actually tore up the radio,
which would not be factory warranty even if it was a dealer doing
the install)  yet they still put this out?

I would love to see some of the non motorola dealers down
there fight this one....

And you have to be FM approved?  Not only a service center, 
but one of the few that are actually approved to do Factory
Mutual work?

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Yahoo! Domains - Claim yours for only $14.70
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

 
Yahoo! Groups Links

---

From: "marcel_rf1" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 16:56:59 -0000

It's the world of Moto double standard. For 10-12 weeks of work for 2 
guys is all this worth it? The Base Install info sounds a little 
vague. 

 
Yahoo! Groups Links