Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Regional carrier to offer PTT service

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 14:40:38 -0400

Regional carrier to offer PTT service
By Dan Meyer
June 17 13:15:00, 2004

Regional wireless carrier Cellcom will begin offering push-to-talk
services on its CDMA/AMPS-based network in the upper Midwest beginning
June 21 using Kodiak Networks’ packet-switched Real-Time Exchange
System. In addition to PTT functionality, Cellcom’s Chirp service will
provide instant calling, instant conferencing and instant voice
messaging capabilities.
“Kodiak’s technology is a dramatic leap forward, offering speed, voice
quality, roaming and features that customers need,” said Rob Riordan,
executive vice president and director of corporate development at
Cellcom. “In addition, it allows a regional company, such as ours, to
offer service that competes with national networks.” Kodiak noted
Cellcom was the third network operator worldwide to deploy its RTX
System following launches earlier this year by Alltel Corp. and
European-based multinational carrier Orange.

http://rcrnews.com/cgi-bin/news.pl?newsId=18520

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Yahoo! Domains - Claim yours for only $14.70
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/