Subject: [NEXTEL-1] 800 MHz A No Show On FCC Agenda

From: NEXTEL-1
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2004 21:22:49 -0400

=====================================================================
Wireless Week
Breaking News Alert from news@2direct
June 4, 2004
=====================================================================

800 MHz A No Show On FCC Agenda
By Mark Rockwell

WASHINGTON -- Once again, the FCC passed on putting its 800 MHz
solution up for a vote at an official meeting.

The 800 MHz decision wasn't placed on the commission's official
agenda, released last night, for next Thursday's open meeting. The
agenda is a formal notice the commission is required to issue a week
before all of its meetings showing what it intends to vote on.

Verizon Wireless and Nextel Communications officials, who have been
embroiled in a bitter battle over the issue, say they weren't
surprised and indicated that negotiations and discussions continue
with the FCC.

FCC Chairman Michael Powell and other commissioners repeatedly have
said over the last few weeks that they are close to a final proposal
on the spectrum sharing arrangement. A solution was expected before
May 31 and then delayed until June -- now discussions could possibly
push it into July, sources say. However, the FCC also could issue the
decision at anytime without notice. FCC officials have said in the
last week that the agency is in the final process of making a decision
and that even with all the rhetoric from carriers, it still boils down
to which alternative will benefit emergency providers and result in
less litigation.

Wireless Week
http://www.wirelessweek.com

The Wireless Authority

=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar.
Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/