Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Testing HSDPA infrastructure

From: NEXTEL-1
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 03:03:52 -0400

Testing HSDPA infrastructure

Tektronix has announced the addition of High Speed Downlink Packet
Access (HSDPA) test capability to its series of Wireless Communications
Analyzers (WCA) for the development of next-generation mobile user and
network equipment.

Companies throughout the mobile industry are reporting increases in
infrastructure spending. As a result, mobile equipment manufacturers are
working on designs that will enable the acceleration of next-generation
devices and networks. HSDPA, one of the latest next-generation
technologies, has the potential to extend 3G capabilities to enable an
all IP network that merges wireless and wireline infrastructure by
significantly enhancing peak data rates, quality of service and spectrum
efficiency. To meet designers' requirements to test HSDPA designs today,
Tektronix added an HSDPA test suite to its WCA200A Series of Wireless
Communications Analyzers.

"Time to market is key for companies developing new wireless
technologies like HSDPA," said Rick King, Vice President, Spectrum
Analyzer Product Line, Tektronix, Inc. "The unique trigger, capture, and
analyze capabilities of Tektronix' Wireless Communications Analyzers
form a powerful troubleshooting tool that enables designers to solve
tough RF system integration problems that typically delay new product
introductions."

HSDPA uses adaptive modulation and coding to increase user data rates in
the downlink direction (transmission from the radio access network to
the mobile terminal). Adaptive modulation allows the network operator to
change modulation formats, in real-time, providing faster data rates and
improved spectrum efficiency.  Because Tektronix' Wireless Communication
Analyzers incorporate real-time spectrum analysis, they provide the best
tool set to address adaptive modulation. Real-time spectrum analysis
allows the user to trigger, capture and analyze transient anomalies that
can occur during the dynamic changes in modulation. Seamless capture of
the RF signal enables the designer to analyze the signal before, after
and during the transient event.

Posted to the site on 9th June 2004
http://www.cellular-news.com/story/11271.shtml

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar.
Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/