Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Cutting Edge Technology to Protect America

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 01:09:12 -0400

Cutting Edge Technology to Protect America
Find out more about DHS and the SAFETY Act -

www.safetyact.gov

The Department of Homeland Security is committed to using cutting edge
technologies and scientific talent in our quest to make America safer.
DHS's Science & Technology directorate is tasked with researching and
organizing the scientific, engineering and technological resources of
the United States and leveraging these existing resources into
technological tools to help protect the homeland. Universities, the
private sector, and the federal laboratories will be important DHS
partners in this endeavor.  Should you be interested in contacting the
Department to review your technical research contracting opportunity,
please visit the Technical Support Working Group web site.

http://www.dhs.gov/dhspublic/theme_home5.jsp

==========================================================================================

Hosts: Department of Justice and Department of Homeland Security

Sponsored By: DHS' Science and Technology Directorate and DOJ's National
Institute of Justice

Theme:  Prevention, Response, Preparedness and Recovery

2004 Conference Mission Statement:  This first ever joint DOJ-DHS 3-day
conference will allow the Department of Homeland Security, Science and
Technology Directorate and the Department of Justice, National Institute
of Justice to highlight the technology and training tools currently
available and being developed for the responder community to deal with
major threats to lives and property, such as terrorist attacks.  The
conference offers a unique opportunity for responders, business and
industry, academia and elected Federal, State and local stakeholders to
network, exchange ideas and address common critical incident technology
needs.

Registration:
For conference attendees: opens June 1, 2004

http://www.regonline.com/eventinfo.asp?EventId=13297

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Yahoo! Domains - Claim yours for only $14.70
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/