Subject: [NEXTEL-1] THIS IS A REQUEST FOR INFORMATION (RFI) -58 -- Next Generation Radio Antenna Equipment

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 02:20:31 -0400

58 -- Next Generation Radio Antenna Equipment

General Information

Document Type: Sources Sought Notice
Solicitation Number: Reference-Number-DDDDD
Posted Date: Apr 05, 2004
Archive Date: May 08, 2004
Original Response Date: Apr 23, 2004
Current Response Date: Apr 23, 2004
Classification Code: 58 -- Communication, detection, & coherent
radiation equipment
Contracting Office Address
DHS - Border and Transportation Security, Customs and Border Protection,
Procurement Division, 1300 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W., Room 1310 NP,
Washington, DC, 20229

Description

THIS IS A REQUEST FOR INFORMATION (RFI) AND NOT A REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
(RFP). The Department of Homeland Security, Customs and Border
Protection is seeking sources that are capable of providing for covert,
low profile antennas. Currently, Customs and Border Protection agents’
vehicles are easily identifiable as law enforcement vehicles due to the
presence of the radio antennas. Consequently, a need exists for
disguised antennas making agents’ vehicles should be as unnoticeable as
possible. The disguised antenna schemes should provide the same
performance level in the VHF range (162–174 MHz) as the existing
antennas. All designs and proposed strategies for accomplishing this
goal will be reviewed/evaluated. There is no bid package or solicitation
document associated with this announcement. The requested information is
for planning purposes and does not constitute a commitment, implied or
otherwise, that a procurement action will be issued. No entitlement to
payment of direct or indirect costs or charges by the Government will
arise as the result of the submission of contractor’s information. The
Government shall not be liable for or suffer any consequential damages
for proprietary information not properly identified. Proprietary
information will be safeguarded in accordance with the applicable
Government regulations. Firms who wish to respond to this RFI shall
provide a technical proposal/approach and a cost estimate to the
Contracting Officer via e-mail at [email-masked]. The cost
estimate is for budgetary/planning purposes. Firms who wish to respond
to this RFI should also include their business size, CAGE Code, Dun and
Bradstreet number, GSA Schedule, should they possess one. Interested
persons should contact Aaron H. Ford, Contracting Officer, Customs and
Border Protection, 1300 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20229.

Point of Contact
Aaron Ford, Contracting Officer, Phone 202-344-1404, Fax 202-344-1254,
Email [email-masked]
Place of Performance
Address: 1300 Pennsylvania Avenue NW Washington, DC
Postal Code: 20229
Country: USA

http://www1.eps.gov/servlet/Documents/R/303920

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar.
Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/