Subject: [NEXTEL-1] RE: APCO and Cell Antenna Company -- -- Hey Jack - Check this out!!]

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 20:05:48 -0400

Geeezee,

APCO presenter bashes another......

"Those of you who want to heckle him feel free.  I would but I am giving
a
"real" presentation at the same time."

But what can you expect from someone who commits identity theft......

-------- Original Message --------
From: "Howard Melamed" <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: APCO and Cell Antenna Company  -- --  Hey Jack - Check this
out!!]
To: <[email-masked]>

Hi Mark.

>From the purveyor of BDA's....

Actually, we sell BDA's the same way as Tessco and Hutton sells them. So
I
am quite surprised at your comments. But what the hell, Montreal is my
home
town and I enjoy a good heckle once in a while....

Too bad you can't attend the presentation that I am giving. It is not on
making cellular jammers legal to the public but more on the threat of
the
cellphone in triggering explosive devices.  My intensive research on it
and
our experience in providing governments with jamming equipment could be
beneficial to you, considering the actual threat level from these
devices.
I will also be discussing the middle east model ( you figure our which
country for yourself)  in which cellular providers cooperate with the
government agencies with a strategy against a known threat. 

To set the record straight as well, my position on cellular jamming is
not
in supplying anyone with them , but making them legal to those
institutions
that might be threatened by terrorists in our country.  Surely you are
not
against the protection of people's lives. Given the 9/11 situation you
should be more proactive on the topic rather than shooting it down. 

The jamming equipment we have developed only affects the downlink and
can be
contained in a specific area. It does not cause any interference to the
uplink and cannot take out any cellular tower system. 

So, if you can, place this email in the private wireless forum to be
fair
with us.  

Best regards,

Howard Melamed
Cell Antenna Corporation

-------- Original Message --------
From: "radiopro1" <[email-masked]>
Subject: APCO and Cell Antenna Company  -- --  Hey Jack - Check this
out!!

If you look at the program for the APCO conference in Montreal you will
see
that Howard Melamed,  the fearless purveyor of BDA's to anyone who wants
one, is doing a presentation on Tuesday 8/10 at 2:30 PM.  
He will be discussing cellular jamming
equipment.  He is advocating changing the FCC rules to allow cell phone
jammers (because he is - or will be - importing them as I reported after
IWCE).

Just wonderful -- now we can have more
devices that will interfere with 800 MHz radio systems.

Those of you who want to heckle him feel free.  I would but I am giving
a
"real" 
presentation at the same time.

M
****************************************************************************
************************

FYI-

Mark D. Pallans [email-masked] aka "radiopro1"
<[email-masked]> of APCO Spectrum Management Committee.

============================================================================
===========================
Topic: Project Management A Really Short Course Room #: 510 A,C
Speaker: Mark D. Pallans, Frequency Manager, City of Phoenix, AZ

Quite often communications managers and other communications
professionals
are tasked with system or facility upgrades. Without a background in
project
management, these tasks can become daunting projects. This short program
will explain the basic concepts of good program management and will
familiarize attendees with some of the basic tools of project management

============================================================================
============================

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar.
Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/