Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Alltel Advances Touch2Talk (PTT) With New Kyocera Slider

From: NEXTEL-1
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 15:50:54 -0400

Alltel Advances Touch2Talk With New Kyocera Slider
BY SUSAN RUSH
JUNE 11, 2004

Six months after launching its Touch2Talk walkie-talkie service, Alltel
is doubling its PTT handset portfolio with the introduction of the
Kyocera Slider SE44.

Besides enabling walkie-talkie-like communication, the handset features
a sliding faceplate and offers text messaging and application download
capabilities.  Downloads and data applications, including games,
ringtones and e-mail, will be made possible through Alltel's Axcess
services.

The Kyocera Slider SE44 is being offered to Alltel customers who sign a
2-year contract for $79.95, after a $50 mail-in rebate. Alltel peddles
its Touch2Talk service to customers in terms of minutes used. For 100
Touch2Talk minutes per month, customers fork over an additional $5 per
month or for unlimited minutes, $20 per month.

Alltel entered the PTT fray in January of this year. The Touch2Talk
service is powered by Kodiak Networks' Real-Time Exchange (RTX) System,
which is an all-IP based packet-switched solution that uses the existing
voice channel. The other PTT handset Alltel offers also is a Kyocera,
the 3250 tri-mode phone.
http://www.wirelessweek.com/index.asp?layout=newsat2direct&starting=2&pubdate=06/11/04

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Yahoo! Domains - Claim yours for only $14.70
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/