Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Wi-Fi system for tracking school bus riders released

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 13:52:52 -0400

Wi-Fi system for tracking school bus riders released
June 14 13:07:00, 2004

SCOTTSDALE, Ariz.—National Scientific Corp. has released a Wi-Fi-enabled
version of its IBUS school bus passenger authentication system, which
allows school districts to track and identify school bus passengers.

IBUS, a student tracking system, includes an identification card reader
and a global positioning system module for time and location
information. With Wi-Fi capability, school districts can track students
riding on buses, including recording when they board and exit the buses,
as strategically placed access points communicate location and
identification information from the bus to the school’s online student
database.© 2004 Crain Communications

http://rcrnews.com/cgi-bin/news.pl?newsId=18461

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Yahoo! Domains - Claim yours for only $14.70
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/