Subject: [NEXTEL-1] FCC Seeks Assistance in Illegal Equipment Sales: from The ARRL Letter, Vol 23, No 23

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 21:21:19 -0400

FCC Seeks Assistance in Illegal Equipment Sales: from The ARRL Letter,
Vol 23, No 23

Website: http://www.arrl.org/ on June 4, 2004

FCC Seeks Assistance in Illegal Equipment Sales:

The FCC says it's taking a close look at reports alleging sales of
illegal (non-FCC certificated) radio equipment in various venues.  "The
Federal Communications Commission receives hundreds of complaints about
alleged illegal equipment being offered for sale on the Internet or in
publications," the FCC's Consumer and Governmental Affairs Bureau said.
"If you have any information about illegal or uncertificated equipment
being offered for sale, please forward it to the FCC." The Commission
says the sorts of useful information it's looking for would include an
original advertisement or Web address where the illegal equipment is
being advertised or offered for sale, highlighting the types of
equipment about which the allegations are being made, the name of any
Web auction site, the exact item number and auction opening and closing
dates, and the name and address of the individual or business offering
the item(s) for sale. The FCC also asks complainants to specify why they
believe the equipment is not in compliance with FCC rules and the number
of pieces or types of equipment about which the allegations are being
made. Complainants should provide a name and telephone number to follow
up, if necessary. The FCC said the information can remain confidential,
if requested. E-mail information to the FCC [email-masked] or send it
via USPS to the FCC, Consumer and Governmental Affairs Bureau, 445 12th
St SW, Washington, DC 20554.

Source:
The ARRL Letter Vol. 23, No. 23 June 4, 2004

==========================================================
Member Comments:
Let's make a deal...
Reply
by N4QA on June 5, 2004

If FCC will do an about-face to its initial stance on BPL, me and Bubba
will help 'em rid the world of all this illegal radio gear...

FCC Seeks Assistance in Illegal
Equipment Sales:

Reply

by KE4ZHN on June 5, 2004

This is the most ridiculous thing I ever heard of! All Riley has to do
is surf the internet...Copper, Davemade,and all the other illegal crap
is boldly displayed on the internet for sale. Phone numbers, addresses,
its all there. Theres literally hundreds of illegal cb sites online that
discuss where to buy rigs, how to get amps, the whole bit. For that
matter, how do they intend to stop some cb buddy from walking into AES
with a wad of cash in his pocket and buying a brand new Ameritron and
cutting the stupid wire to unlock the 10 mtr. tap on the tank coil?
Visit most ANY truckstop in the country, and it has at least one piece
of illegal gear for sale. Why do they (FCC) need our help to do this?
Let them do their jobs and find these sellers themselves...isnt that
what the taxpayers pay THEM for????????? Many of these illegal sellers
have done buisness for years and years and the FCC in its infinite
wisdom cant find them?  And what ever became of the hundreds of tips
amateurs sent in to the FCC in this regard? Many have written in this
forum about sending in tapes and sending in tips about illegal equipment
and illegal on air operation, yet the FCC took no action. You can always
tell when its an election year. Must be a hell of a good job working for
the FCC...you collect a big paycheck and tons of government
benefits...and then ask others to do your damn job for you!
Ridiculous....

============================================================================

FCC Seeks Assistance in Illegal
Equipment Sales:
Reply
by W5GNB on June 7, 2004
Mail this to a friend!

I think that KE4ZHN has pretty well said it LIKE IT IS on this one.
These burocrats sit up there in thier useless jobs and wait for everyone
else to do thier work for them.

How about busting some of the USERS of this equipment rather than
focusing on the sellers at this point. If there was some evidence of
inforcement for the illegal USE of the equipment, there would probably
be a very small market for it.
Where are all these $10,000 dollar fines that are supposed to be issued
for illegal USE? If they would start collecting a little cash from these
renegades, there should be pleanty of resources to provide a little
enforcement!

============================================================================

Way to go fcc lets clean them all out!
Reply
by WR8D on June 5, 2004

There's a tremendous amount of spectrum with just the hambands alone.
Now you guys want Riley to surf the web, know the name of every truck
stop and cb hack shop across the country? GET REAL!  They are finally
asking us for some help. Its no big deal to do what they are asking.
I've wanted this for years. Just forward them an address and what they
want and let them clean out these crooks nationwide. Riley will help
anyone that gives him a call. I know this for a fact because he's helped
me with a problem i had with outlaws on my repeater system. One phone
call to him, poof no more trouble. All anyone has to do is ask. He's not
a mind reader and no he can't listen to everyband and freq all at the
same time. They're asking for our support, lets give it to them! It will
make things much better in the long run. WAY TO GO FCC!
73
John WR8D

RE: Way to go fcc lets clean them all out!
 Reply
 by AG4RQ on June 6, 2004
 Mail this to a friend!
 The most blatant is Copper Electronics. Copper is to the CB crowd what
ARO is to us, an online and mail order supermarket. Copper is as illegal
as a summer day is long. Why hasn't Riley shut them down yet? Copper
seems to be some kind of sacred cow that the FCC doesn't want to touch.

============================================================================

RE: Way to go fcc lets clean them all out!
 Reply
 by W7TUX on June 6, 2004
 Mail this to a friend!
 If you cant take the time to help your own hobby then dont bitch about
the cb'ers or any thing else that messes with your station.  What do you
think Riley does, he's responsible for the whole nation not just your
problems. Help if you can or quit your complaining about it and keep
your head in the sand. Let some one else do it.
 Mike
============================================================================

RE: Way to go fcc lets clean them all out!
 Reply
 by KB2RJH on June 7, 2004
 Mail this to a friend!
 Help out yea right let them do there over paid job themselves what do i
care if they sell chopped up radios.

============================================================================

FCC Seeks Assistance in Illegal
Equipment Sales:
Reply
by KE4ZHN on June 7, 2004
Mail this to a friend!
I think John and Mike missed the point. As I pointed out in my first
post on this thread....this problem has been ongoing for years! This is
not something thats started overnight. Why do these two fellows feel
that Im asking too much of the FCC to do what its purpose is in the
first place? How many times have amateurs sent in tapes, logs, evidence
of illegal operation...only to be ignored, snubbed, or otherwise blown
off as if they didnt exist? Im sorry, I cant feel any sympathy for an
over paid government suit and tie no matter how loud they cry for
help......especially when this problem is the result of the FCC`s own
stupidty by deregulating CB in the first place!

============================================================================

RE: FCC Seeks Assistance in Illegal
 Equipment Sale
 Reply
 by KE4MOB on June 7, 2004
 Mail this to a
 friend!
 Where does the ARRL get this stuff from? I've crawled all over the FCC
website and have found nothing on this.

Come to think of it...where does the ARRL get the Enforcement letters
from? I would think that somewhere the FCC should be publishing this
stuff before the ARRL gets it....
============================================================================

RE: FCC Seeks Assistance in Illegal
 Equipment Sale
 Reply
 by W4FSK on June 8, 2004
 Mail this to a
 friend!
 With tongue planted firmly in cheek.....

What the FCC is really saying [reading between the lines]

The FCC says it's taking a close look [they're reeaaaly serious this
time..trust us] at reports alleging sales of illegal (non-FCC
certificated) radio equipment in various venues. "The Federal
Communications Commission receives hundreds of complaints about alleged
illegal equipment being offered for sale on the Internet or in
publications [and we ignore all of them]," the FCC's Consumer and
Governmental Affairs Bureau said. "If you have any information about
illegal or uncertificated equipment being offered for sale, please
forward it to the FCC [but you'll be wasting your time..we're just doing
this to see how many suckers will actually fall for it]." The Commission
says the sorts of useful information it's looking for would include an
original advertisement or Web address where the illegal equipment is
being advertised or offered for sale [that way they can avoid having to
accidentally stumble upon it...they can avoid it altogether],
highlighting the types of equipment about which the allegations are
being made [because they don't know what's illegal either], the name of
any Web auction site [so they can see what else is for sale like lava
lamps and furry handcuffs], the exact item number and auction opening
and closing dates [again, so they can avoid having to deal with it], and
the name and address of the individual or business offering the item(s)
for sale [again, to see what other cool things the vendor might have].
The FCC also asks complainants to specify why they believe the equipment
is not in compliance with FCC rules [so they can tell if your psychotic
or not] and the number of pieces or types of equipment about which the
allegations are being made [can you count without having to take your
shoes off? that's a quick intelligence test.] Complainants should
provide a name and telephone number to follow up, if necessary.
[like they actually will] The FCC said the information can remain
confidential, if requested. [you wouldn't want your neighbor to find
out, now would you??] E-mail information to the FCC
[email-masked] [and they'll ignore it] or send it via USPS [let's see,
now there's a sure fire way to make sure you never get
coomplaints...let the USPS deliver them!!] to the FCC, Consumer
and Governmental Affairs Bureau, 445 12th St SW, Washington,
DC 20554

============================================================================

Dear FCC,
Reply
by L1D on June 8, 2004
Mail this to a friend!
How about you help out with the BPL problem and I'll help you out with
the illegal equipment problem, kay?

============================================================================

RE: Dear FCC,
 Reply
 by AG4RQ on June 8, 2004
 Mail this to a friend!
 When they bust Copper, I'll give 'em more ;-|

============================================================================

RE: Dear FCC,
 Reply
 by WR8D on June 8, 2004
 Mail this to a friend!
 They have been swamped with emails about copper, ebay and dave made.
Everyone i know has sent in several emails so lets give it a try and see
where it goes.
 73
 John WR8D

============================================================================

RE: Way to go fcc lets clean them all out!
 Reply
 by KA3TKZ on June 9, 2004
 Mail this to a friend!
 I help my hobby by helping others within my hobby! The FCC and all the
FCC employees are paid for by our tax dollars. When the people of the
FCC get off their butts, I may consider helping them.  Nobody helps me
free at my job, why should assist the FCC in their jobs. The lazy dogs (
no offense to a dog), have stolen our money for years. NO HELP!

============================================================================

RE: FCC Seeks Assistance in Illegal
 Equipment Sale
 Reply
 by W1RFI on June 10, 2004
 Mail this to a
 friend!
> I think that KE4ZHN has pretty well said it LIKE IT
> IS on this one. These burocrats sit up there in
> thier useless jobs and wait for everyone else to do
> thier work for them.

Let me see if I understand this.
First, Riley has done more than "sit there in his useless job" -- a LOT
more. You have just maligned one of the hardest-working federal
employees I have ever met -- while sitting there in your chair and
waiting for someone else to solve this problem. How many standing
ovations has YOUR work been given at a major forum at Dayton? I think
that most hams will disagree with both of you.
Second, amateur radio asks Riley (FCC) to solve our petty bickering
about who "owns" what frequency; we ask him to solve technical issues
with transmitters creating IMD and splatter; we ask him to solve our
petty bickering about whose signal is a few kHz too wide; we ask him to
solve a problem most hams would have said is impossible to solve --
getting power companies to clean up their act on spark noise.
And yes, he has asked for the help of amateur radio in accomplishing all
of this, for a lot of good reasons. Riley well knows that 650,000 hams
are capable of accomplishing a lot more than one FCC enforcement
attorney. You condemn Riley for involving those he regulates in the
process, but most hams praise him for it. This is an example where our
government has truly worked with those it regulates, a true example of
"community policing" if ever there was one. And you criticize the FCC
for doing that?
So instead of trying to tear this down by posting to eham.net that you
should not have to do anything about problems that affect you, help out.
Instead of criticizing our government for involving the people in its
operation, spend a few hours and find those web sites.  Those that find
themselved in truck stops across the country can take a look for the
illegal equipment and if you see it, report it. I have been to a number
of truck stops and have seen only CBs of late...
So I disagree with you, and if we could see that kind of interaction
between our governement and the governed in all aspects of its
operation, this society would come a lot closer to fulfilling its
potential.
73,
Ed Hare, W1RFI

============================================================================

FCC Seeks Assistance in Illegal
Equipment Sales:
Reply
by KE4ZHN on June 10, 2004
Mail this to a friend!
Hey Ed...whats that brown stuff on the end of your nose?

RE: FCC Seeks Assistance in Illegal
Equipment Sale
Reply
by AB5XZ on June 10, 2004
Mail this to a
friend!
I can find lots of illegal equipment on eBay by searching for (cb AND
amp, amplifier, booster, heater, skipper, modulator, burner).  Telling
eBay about it (a hundred or more times) has had little effect.  I'm
willing to pass the information on to the FCC and see if they (i.e.,
Riley Hollingsworth) can do something about it.
I just wish the rest of my tax dollar could be used as effectively as
Riley Hollingsworth uses it.

============================================================================

RE: FCC Seeks Assistance in Illegal
 Equipment Sale
 Reply
 by AB5XZ on June 10, 2004
 Mail this to a
 friend!
BTW,
Our ham club has a small hamfest coming in the Fall, and we now have a
clearly stated policy that we will not tolerate the sale of illegal
equipment.

FCC Seeks Assistance in Illegal
Equipment Sales:
Reply
by K8DXX on June 10, 2004
Mail this to a friend!
About 3 months ago, I wrote an article on the subject of
illegal/uncertified equipment for sale on eBay. The idea came to me
while browsing eBay for ham equipment, where I found tens of apparently
high volume vendors selling multiple amplifier models.  Many of these
dealers had "EBAY STORES" where they advertised even more models and
large inventories ready for immediate delivery! I spent at most two
hours compiling a list of auction numbers, merchandise titles and
USERIDs of the questionable eBay vendors. This article, offender list
and all, was sent to Riley Hollingsworth at the FCC, eBay and
subsequently published on eHam.
The response from Riley was immediate; "Thanks, I'll look into it!" I
did receive several other brief emails from the FCC. eBay sent me one
form letter/eMail for every auction number I submitted. The reaction
from the eHam crowd was split into thirds: (1)Good idea...  I'll send
the FCC a list, too! (2)Who cares? Not my job. FCC and ARRL never take
action anyway! (3)Who appointed you eBay police chief. Leave 'em alone
you $%^&!
Obviously, the above note that appeared in the June 4-6, 2004 ARRL
Letter was of great interest to me. I went out to eBay to see if
anything had changed. My estimate was that the total number of vendors
of suspect products was down at least 80%. Two merchants claimed that
their remaining stock of "10 meter amplifiers" were "relists" negotiated
between themselves, eBay and the FCC, with the understanding that (1)the
equipment would only be sold to licensed amateurs verified at the QRZ
database and (2)they would sell no more 10 meter amplifiers once their
stocks were depleted. I found only one vendor selling such amplifiers
through his "EBAY STORE" with no apparent effect of recent FCC action.
So, it would appear that by a few of us sending in our individual
complaints (many that pre-dated my article, I am sure), we have got some
enforcement action. There may still be nay-sayers who won't be convinced
until Riley busts every swap and truck stop selling uncertified
amplifiers. There are others who simply don't believe in the rule of
law. Oh well... no law against being uncivilized until one of these
folks breaks a law him or herself.
Personally, I am proud of the other eHam members and amateur licensees
who went through proper channels to do something about this unacceptable
situation. I thank the FCC for taking some action.  The ARRL deserves
our ongoing support for helping with this and other activities that will
preserve and expand Amateur Radio.
73
Bill / K8DXX

============================================================================

FCC issues $7,000 NAL for selling CB
amps
Reply
by W4FSK on June 10, 2004
Mail this to a friend!

Before the
Federal Communications Commission
Washington, D.C. 20554

In the Matter of )
) File No. EB-03-DT-120
Paladen Communications, Inc. )
a/k/a CB Shop ) NAL/Acct. No.
200432360003
)
North Jackson, Ohio ) FRN: 0010 6809 40
)

NOTICE OF APPARENT LIABILITY FOR FORFEITURE
Released: May 27, 2004
By the District Director, Detroit Office, Northeast Region, Enforcement
Bureau:
I. INTRODUCTION
·
1. In this Notice of Apparent Liability for Forfeiture ("NAL"), we find
that Paladen Communications, Inc. a/k/a CB
Shop
(``Paladen''), has apparently violated Section 302(b) of the
Communications Act of 1934, as amended1 (``the Act''), and Sections
2.815(b) and 2.815(c) of the Commission's Rules (``Rules'')2 by offering
for sale Citizens Band (``CB'') external radio frequency power
amplifiers (``linears''). We conclude that Paladen is apparently liable
for a forfeiture in the amount of seven thousand dollars ($7,000).
II. BACKGROUND

2. On July 24, 2003, agents from the Detroit Office visited Paladen at
12274 Mahoning Avenue, Suite 14, North Jackson, Ohio. During this visit,
the agents observed a Palomar Deluxe Modulator DX-55V CB linear on sale
for $250. The agents informed Arthur Dundorf and Preston Dundorf of
Paladen, that CB linears could not be legally sold. As a result of their
findings, the Detroit Office issued them a Citation on October 31, 2003.
The Citation informed Paladen of the violations and penalties that could
be imposed for selling linears. The Detroit Office received a reply from
Paladen, signed by Preston L.  Dundorf, proprietor. He wrote that they
were unaware that they were violating marketing rules and that they
would not violate the rules in the future.
3. On January 9, 2004, the Detroit Office received a complaint that
Paladen was continuing to violate the Commission's marketing rules by
selling CB linear amplifiers. As a result of this new report, an agent
traveled to North Jackson, Ohio to determine if Paladen was continuing
to sell CB linears. On February 24, 2004, a sales person for Paladen
offered to sell the agent a Palomar 100 watt linear amplifier for
$124.00.

III. DISCUSSION
4. Section 302 of the Act authorizes the Commission to regulate
equipment capable of emitting radio frequency energy that may cause
interference to radio communications. The Act further states that ``[n]o
person shall manufacture, import, sell, offer for sale, or ship devices
or home electronic equipment and systems, or use devices, which fail to
comply with regulations promulgated pursuant to this section. Section
2.815(b) of the Rules states that ``...no person shall manufacture, sell
or lease, offer for sale or lease (including advertising for sale or
lease), or import, ship, or distribute for the purpose of selling or
leasing or offering for sale or lease, any external radio frequency
power amplifier or amplifier kit capable of operation on any frequency
or frequencies between 24 and 35 MHZ.''3 Section 2.815(c) of the rules
states ``No person shall manufacture, sell or lease (including
advertising for sale or lease) or import, ship or distribute for the
purpose of selling or leasing or offering for sale or lease, any
external radio frequency power amplifier or amplifier kit capable of
operation on any frequency or frequencies below 144 MHz unless the
amplifier has received a grant of type acceptance...'' Paladen was
repeatedly warned, verbally and in writing, about the penalties for
selling CB linear amplifiers, yet, they continued to sell them in
violation of Section 302 of the Act4 and Sections 2.815(b) and 2.815(c)
of the Rules.
5. Based on the evidence before us, we find that Paladen willfully5 and
repeatedly6 violated Section 302 of the Act and Sections 2.815(b) and
2.815(c) of the Rules by offering for sale CB linear amplifiers on
February 24, 2004. The Commission's Forfeiture Policy Statement and
Amendment of Section 1.80 of the Rules to Incorporate the Forfeiture
Guidelines, 12 FCC Rcd 17087,

17113 (1997), recon. denied, 15 FCC Rcd 303(1999)
(``Forfeiture
Policy Statement'')7, sets the base forfeiture amount for importation or
marketing of unauthorized equipment at seven thousand dollars ($7,000).
In assessing the monetary forfeiture amount, we must take into account
the statutory factors set forth in Section 503(b)(2)(D) of the Act.8
These factors include the nature, circumstances, extent, and gravity of
the violation, and with respect to the violator, the degree of
culpability, any history of prior offenses, ability to pay, and other
such matters as justice may require. Applying the Forfeiture Policy
Statement, statutory factors and the inflation adjustments to the base
amount of Paladen's violation of $7,000 for marketing unauthorized
equipment, we find no compelling evidence to support any adjustments to
the base forfeiture amount. Thus, we believe that a forfeiture amount of
seven thousand dollars ($7,000) is warranted.
IV. ORDERING CLAUSES

6. Accordingly, IT IS ORDERED THAT, pursuant to Section 503(b)9 of the
Act and Sections 0.111, 0.311 and 1.80 of the Rules10, Paladen
Communications a/k/a CB Shop, is hereby NOTIFIED of this APPARENT
LIABILITY FOR A
FORFEITURE in the amount of seven thousand dollars ($7,000) for willful
and repeated violation of Section 302(b) of the Act and Sections
2.815(b) and 2,815(c) of the Rules.
7. IT IS FURTHER ORDERED THAT, pursuant to Section 1.80 of the Rules,
within thirty (30) days of the release date of this NOTICE OF APPARENT
LIABILITY, Paladen, SHALL PAY the full amount of the proposed forfeiture
or SHALL FILE a written statement seeking reduction or cancellation of
the proposed forfeiture.
8. Payment of the forfeiture may be made by mailing a check or similar
instrument, payable to the order of the Federal Communications
Commission, to the Forfeiture Collection Section, Finance Branch,
Federal Communications Commission, P.O. Box 73482, Chicago, Illinois
60673-7482. The payment should note the NAL/Acct. No. 200432360003, FRN:
0010 6809 40.
9. The response, if any, must be mailed to Federal Communications
Commission, Detroit Office, 24897 Hathaway
Street,
Farmington Hills, MI 48335-1552, and MUST INCLUDE THE NAL/Acct.
No. 200432360003.
10. The Commission will not consider reducing or canceling a forfeiture
in response to a claim of inability to pay unless the petitioner
submits: (1) federal tax returns for the most recent three-year period;
(2) financial statements prepared according to generally accepted
accounting practices (``GAAP''); or (3) some other reliable and
objective documentation that accurately reflects the petitioner's
current financial status.  Any claim of inability to pay must
specifically identify the basis for the claim by reference to the
financial documentation submitted.
11. Requests for payment of the full amount of this Notice of Apparent
Liability under an installment plan should be sent
to: Chief, Revenue and Receivables Operations Group, 445 12th
 Street, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20554.11

12. Under the Small Business Paperwork Relief Act of 2002, Pub L. No.
107-198, 116 Stat. 729 (June 28, 2002), the FCC is engaged in a two-year
tracking process regarding the size of entities involved in forfeitures.
If you qualify as a small entity and if you wish to be treated as a
small entity for tracking purposes, please so certify to us within
thirty (30) days of this NAL, either in your response to the NAL or in a
separate filing to be sent to the Federal Communications Commission,
Enforcement Bureau, Spectrum Enforcement Division, 445 12th Street,
S.W., Washington, D.C. 20554. Your certification should indicate whether
you, including your parent entity and its subsidiaries, meet one of the
definitions set forth in the list provided by the FCC's Office of
Communications Business Opportunities (OCBO) set forth in Attachment A
of this Notice of Apparent Liability. This information will be used for
tracking purposes only. Your response or failure to respond to this
question will have no effect on your rights and responsibilities
pursuant to Section 503(b) of the Communications Act. If you have
questions regarding any of the information contained in Attachment A,
please contact OCBO at (202) 418-0990.
13. IT IS FURTHER ORDERED THAT this NOTICE OF
APPARENT
LIABILITY shall be sent by Certified Mail, Return Receipt Requested, to
Paladen Communications a/k/a CB Shop, 12274 Mahoning Avenue, Suite 14,
North Jackson, Ohio 44451.

FEDERAL COMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION

James A. Bridgewater
District Director
Detroit Office

Attachment A - FCC List of Small Entities, October 2002.

1 47 U.S.C. § 302(b).
2
47 C.F.R. §§ 2.815(b), and 2.815(c).
3 Note: For purposes of this part, the amplifier will be deemed
incapable of operation between 24 and 35 MHz if: (1) The amplifier has
no more than 6 decibels of gain between 24 and 26 MHz and between 28 and
35 MHz. (This gain is determined by the ratio of the input driving
signal (mean power measurement) to the mean RF output power of the
amplifier.): and (2) The amplifier exhibits no amplification (0 decibels
of gain) between 26 and 28 MHz.
4 Citation issued to Paliden Communications d/b/a The CB Shop, October
31, 2003.
5 Section 312(f)(1) of the Act, 47 U.S.C. § 312(f)(1), which applies to
violations for which forfeitures are assessed under Section 503(b) of
the Act, provides that ``[t]he term `willful', when used with reference
to the commission or omission of any act, means the conscious and
deliberate commission or omission of such act, irrespective of any
intent to violate any provision of this Act ....'' See California
Broadcasting, Co., 6 FCC Rcd 4387 (1991).
6 Section 312(f), which also applies to Section 503(b), of the
Act, provides that: ``[t]he term ``repeated'', when used with
reference to the commission or omission of any act, means the
commission or omission of such act more than once or, if such commission
or omission is continuous, for more than one day.''
747 C.F.R. § 1.80.
8 47 U.S.C. § 503(b)(2)(D).
9 47 U.S.C. § 503(b).
10 47 C.F.R. §§ 0.111, and 0.311.
11 See 47 C.F.R. § 1.1914.

FCC Seeks Assistance in Illegal
Equipment Sales:
Reply
by KI4BDS on June 11, 2004
Mail this to a friend!
GEE!! another snitch system. You snitch and then they day,"Why
were you looking at illegal equipment anyway?"I had a run in with
govt employees 1 time and it was a simeple thing,I was an employee
on an air base doing classified work and a certin aircraft was
scheduled in that day causing lots of excitement.Common
knowledge also. I asked an Air Force member (wait, memeber; is a
part of a man and no part of him was a man)He said, "Do you have
the need to know"? I asked the wrong person that time. KI4BDS

============================================================================

RE: FCC issues $7,000 NAL for selling
 CB amps
 Reply
 by K8DXX on June 11, 2004
 Mail this to a friend!
 Good deal! Wonder what impact this will have on subsequent illegal amp
sales or availability? Wonder if any more enforcement actions are in the
pipeline?

73
Bill / K8DXX

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Yahoo! Domains - Claim yours for only $14.70
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/