Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Re: Emergency STA

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2004 15:47:55 -0400

-------- Original Message --------
From: "Sandra Black" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Emergency STA

This is typical of the commission, if you marked that this is an
emergency
which I believe you did, you should have a response within 3 working
days.
That is depending on the processor who might be working on it.  Call the
call center and ask to speak with a supervisor.  It is rare to find a
truly
good answer from just a calling in.  Sorry that you had difficulty...

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Dennis Kline" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Thursday, June 03, 2004 7:37 AM
Subject:  Emergency STA

> The FCC WEB page states that emergency STAs can be filed via
> telephone, but when I called the FCC yesterday I was told that it can
> only be filed via the ULS site, even for emergencies.
>
> I have gone ahead and filed an emergency STA 601 via the ULS, but I
> am wondering why the ULS WEB site says an emergency STA can be filed
> via phone.  Anyone else have experience with this?  I have a critical
> site that is off the air and I am afraid that the ULS will take to
> long to process the 601.
>
> Dennis
>
>

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar.
Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2004 15:53:53 -0400

-------- Original Message --------
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Emergency STA

The three people to annoy (I'm kidding....) would be in Gettysburg and
would 
be Mike Regiec, Tracy Simmons and Al Knerr.  All three are fine folks,
up to 
their tushies in work, but always trying to help.

Alan Tilles

In a message dated 6/3/2004 10:41:59 AM Eastern Standard Time, 
[email-masked] writes:
Alan:
It is for Part 90 YI service (896 - 901 MHz)
Dennis

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Yahoo! Domains - Claim yours for only $14.70
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

 
Yahoo! Groups Links

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2004 15:38:42 -0400

-------- Original Message --------
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Emergency STA

Ah yes, one of the many inconsistencies in what is written in the web
site 
(and/or the rules) and how ULS eventually gets implemented.  There are 
many.........

Actually, however, filing via ULS is better than filing manually, since
the 
FCC must input the relevant information about the applicant into ULS if
you 
file manually.  Thus, by filing via ULS, the information is already in
the 
system, saving the FCC time (and less likely for input errors).

I would not be extremely concerned that filing via ULS will take
longer.  If 
you can share what service you're asking for the STA for, I can tell you
who 
to bug to get it granted.

BTW - everyone should be aware that the FCC as of last September let go
all 
of their Gettysburg outside contractors that were processing
applications.  
That is done strictly by full time staff now.  As a result, processing
time for a 
regular private radio application (without a waiver, etc.) has now grown
to 
110 days, despite the fact that the volume of applications has dropped 
significantly.  Prior to last September, it had been about 45 days.

Alan Tilles
Shulman, Rogers, Gandal, Pordy & Ecker, P.A.

In a message dated 6/3/2004 9:31:30 AM Eastern Standard Time, 

Dennis

 
Yahoo! Groups Links