Subject: [NEXTEL-1] [justnetnews] Technologies for Public Safety in Critical Incident Response

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 17:12:47 -0400

Technologies for Public Safety in Critical Incident
            Response Conference and Exhibition 2004

 Sponsored by the Department of Homeland Security, Science and
 Technology Directorate and the Department of Justice,
 National Institute of Justice

 Date: September 27-29, 2004
 Place: Hyatt Regency, New Orleans

 Theme: Prevention, Response, Preparedness and Recovery

 This first ever joint DHS-DOJ 3-day conference will allow the
 Department of Homeland Security, Science and Technology
 Directorate and the Department of Justice, National Institute
 of Justice, Office of Science and Technology to highlight the
 technology and training tools currently available and being
 developed for the first responder community. The conference
 offers a unique opportunity for first responders, business
 and industry, academia and elected Federal, State and local
 stakeholders to network, exchange ideas and address common
 critical incident technology needs.

 Attendees: 1,000-1,200 Public Safety Practitioners, State and
 Local Government, and Industry
 Fees:

    * $245 - Public Safety Practitioner / Government*
    * $355 - Academia / Non-Profit
    * $565 - Industry / Private Sector / Other

 * Government = Foreign, U.S. Military and Federal, State &
 Local (To register as "Federal Government" employees must be
 U.S. Federal Government Employees, not contract employees
 working in a Federal facility with a badge that shows that
 they work in that facility.)
 Exhibitor Fees (includes one all-conference pass & one
 exhibit hall only pass):

    * $1,300 - Government/Non-Profit/Academia
    * $1,700 - Private Sector/Industry/Other

 Tentative topics include:

    * Communications Interoperability
    * Information and Intelligence Sharing
    * Transportation Security
    * Physical Security for Critical Infrastructure
      Protection
    * Border Security
    * Federal Funding and Other Assistance
    * Threat and Vulnerability Assessment
    * Electronic Crime and Cyber Security
    * Countering Terrorist's Use of Explosive Devices
    * CBRN Countermeasure Technologies
    * Incident Command
    * Equipment Standards and Testing
    * Simulation and Training Technologies
    * Personal Protection
    * Technologies for Safer Communities
    * Concealed Weapons Detection & Surveillance Tools
    * Urban Search and Rescue
    * The SAFETY Act

 Register online at the conference web site.

 Conference Web Site
 www.regonline.com/eventinfo.asp?EventId=13297

 Contact Information

 Attendee Registration
 Jen Telander
 888-475-1919
 [email-masked]

 Exhibitor Registration
 Jerry Koenig
 770-977-1200
 [email-masked]

 General Conference Information
 Lisa Hecker
 505-670-6153
 [email-masked]

 --------------------------------------------------------------