Subject: [NEXTEL-1] i930 Smart Phone

From: NEXTEL-1
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 14:16:56 -0400

Motorola Sneaks the i930 Smartphone Past us...
Posted by: gryph0n on Jun 29, 2004 - 07:34 PM

Well getting all wrapped up in the fact that Motorola has finally listed
the Motorola MPx and MPx220 on their site, we overlooked another
mysterious smartphone that they have been working on.

Via Engadget. "Motorola snuck out the i930 for the folks at JavaOne. 
We went to the show expecting the same old story and the same old 
phones, so we left the good camera at home. Stumbling into the 
Motorola booth, what's the first thing that catches our eye but the 
long rumored Microsoft Smartphone for iDen networks like Nextel."

"As expected not only will this be iDen's first smartphone, it will 
also be the first iDen phone to have a camera. Motorola didn't tell 
us the resolution but we know it's VGA or less or else they would 
have made special mention. It's also the first iDen phone we've seen 
(possibly the first Microsoft Smartphone we've seen) to have a HUGE 
external display. It's gigantic, and color. Like all iDen phones it 
has Push-to-Talk, Java, and aGPS. sadly, like other iDen phones, it 
lacks Bluetooth or IR. It looks to be running Smartphone 2003 second 
edition, which seemed pretty stable on the model we tried, but 
there's still no word on when this handset will be launched."

http://www.mpx200.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=1724&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar.
Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: "Brian Dobkin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 15:41:07 -0400

any idea on availability or price?
Brian Dobkin

----- Original Message ----- 
From: <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>
Sent: Wednesday, June 30, 2004 2:16 PM
Subject: [NEXTEL-1] i930 Smart Phone

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
----

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
----

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Yahoo! Domains - Claim yours for only $14.70
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

 
Yahoo! Groups Links

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 15:51:22 -0400

My source say's - Cost =$385
  Q4, 2004