Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Director, Institute for New Technologies

From: NEXTEL-1
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2004 12:30:34 -0400

-------- Original Message --------
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Director, Institute for New Technologies

Director, Institute for New Technologies 
Maastricht, Netherlands 
Circa US$177,800 to US$181,300

United Nations University (UNU) is an international community of
scholars engaged in research, postgraduate training and dissemination of
knowledge in furtherance of the purposes and principles of the United Nations, its
member states and peoples. We are seeking high calibre candidates for the
following key, senior leadership positions within UNU based in three of our
research and training institutes. The Director is the chief academic and
administrative officer of the Institute and has overall responsibility for its
direction, organization, administration and programmes - working closely with the
Rector of UNU in planning, implementing and co-ordinating the University's
global academic initiatives. 

You will have: a PhD, preferably in economics, one of the political or
social sciences, or in a field related to science and technology supported by
demonstrated academic excellence in the field of innovation studies and
science and technology policy; and a strong background of research and
publications.

Work related to the impact of science and technology in developing
countries, in particular Africa, would be highly valued. Fluency in English is
essential and a working knowledge of other UN official languages desirable.
(Position
2004/INTECH/004)

Applications clearly indicating the position title and reference number
and describing how your education and experience meets the requirements of
the position should be sent to: Directorship Search Committee, c/o Personnel
Department, United Nations University, Headquarters, 53-70, Jingumae
5-chome, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 150-8925, Japan. Applications close on 31 July 2004.
Refer to UNU on the web at http://www.unu.edu/ for full details

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar.
Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/