Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Bush to release spectrum management reports

From: NEXTEL-1
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 23:07:05 -0400

Bush to release spectrum management reports
By Jeffrey Silva
June 24 13:19:00, 2004

WASHINGTON—President Bush today will stress the importance of broadband
and other technological innovations to economic competitiveness,
education and healthcare as a lead up to the release of two
administration reports advocating improvements to U.S. spectrum
management.

The recommendations, compiled by the Commerce Department’s National
Telecommunications and Information Administration, call for increased
personnel training, advanced spectrum management tools and closer
inter-agency cooperation to make more efficient use of the nation’s
crowded airwaves.

NTIA also proposed the development of a spectrum-sharing testbed to
increase sharing of frequencies between the federal government and the
private sector.

In addition, the reports reiterate support for spectrum fees, permanent
spectrum auction authority and trust fund legislation, which is key to
successful implementation of Bush’s plan to transfer military
frequencies to mobile-phone carriers for third-generation wireless
systems.

http://rcrnews.com/cgi-bin/news.pl?newsId=621

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Yahoo! Domains - Claim yours for only $14.70
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/