Subject: [NEXTEL-1] SCT delays two new spectrum auctions

From: NEXTEL-1
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 15:17:03 -0400

SCT delays two new spectrum auctions
June 15, 2004 7:06pm
BNamericas.com

Disagreement between Mexico's communications and transport ministry
(SCT) and the finance ministry (SHCP) has resulted in delay for two new
spectrum tenders, according to local paper El Universal.

Both entities have yet to agree on reference price for the mobile
telephony and trunking services auction, although most still believe
this is just a temporary setback.

"Yes, this delays the tenders. The finance ministry had questions about
how the price would be calculated, but the SCT and Cofetel had already
worked it out," the paper quoted Nextel's vice-president of operations
Gustavo Cantú as saying.
The move is part of a larger drive for Mexico to reactivate its tender
program for communications and radio spectrum frequency auctions. Mobile
spectrum auctions have not been held in Mexico since 1998.

Between 2001 and 2004, the SCT has driven programs resulting in the
injection of more than US$14.6bn into the Mexican telecoms industry.

Copyright © 2004Business News Americas
http://www.hoovers.com/free/news/detail.xhtml?ArticleID==NR200406153200.1_b75b00038c0cee46

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar.
Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/