Subject: [NEXTEL-1] FlatIron keeps drawing tenants- Nextel also is leasing a 1,367-square-foot......

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 22:50:49 -0400

URL:
http://www.dailycamera.com/bdc/broomfield_business/article/0,1713,BDC_2505_2982851,00.html

FlatIron keeps drawing tenants
Vacancy rate hovers around 2 percent
By Haley Chitty, For the Enterprise
June 23, 2004

FlatIron Crossing mall has leased five empty store locations, including
four raw spaces, which are locations that have not been leased since the
mall opened in August 2000.

Helly Hansen, a company that specializes in high tech outerwear, plans
to open its first Colorado store this fall, filling a 2,024-square-foot
raw space in the mall's lower level.

Steve Gibson, the store's co-owner and manager, said he chose the
FlatIron Crossing location because it serves Boulder, Denver and all the
communities between.

"The fit between Helly Hansen and Colorado's outdoor attitude was
tremendous," he said. "We have found that Helly Hansen has a great
reputation with people in Colorado."

The store will face competition from outdoor gear stores that carry the
Helly Hansen brand and other brands. Helly Hansen makes many goods that
these stores don't carry, according to Gibson. His store will carry
shoes, leisure wear and related accessory lines that make sunglasses and
other products, which are unavailable at other stores.
"We'll have a lot of items that you can't get anywhere else," Gibson
said.

The last raw space in FlatIron Crossing's outdoor village, located at
the south end of the mall, has been leased by Candy Cove. The
pirate-themed candy store will open the first weekend of July.

Paul Roberts, a Brighton man, is opening the store with his wife, Karen,
to put the fun back into candy consumption, he said. Candy Cove will
offer an usual candy-buying experience with a ship's hull decorating the
store's front, a fort inside and employees dressed like pirates. The
store will be bigger than typical candy stores, offer more products and
better customer service from employees with excellent product knowledge,
according to Roberts.

"Based on our prior experience in retail candy we felt there was a lot
lacking in mall candy retail stores," Roberts said.
The location outside the mall gave the couple more flexibility to design
and construct the outside of the store.  Building restrictions are
greater inside the mall than in the outdoor section of the mall, Roberts
said. The location also offers more space. Candy Cove will be 538 square
feet larger than Fuzziwig's, a competing candy store in the mall.

"We researched many locations before choosing this location," Roberts
said. "It is one of the premiere shopping malls in Colorado."

Two other raw spaces will be filled by Kelly's Coffee and Fudge Factory
and Cunningham Field and Research.
Nextel also is leasing a 1,367-square-foot space vacated earlier this
year by Deck the Walls on FlatIron's lower level.
The addition of these stores lowers the percentage of vacant store
spaces in the mall to between 2 percent to 3 percent, according to
FlatIron Crossing's marketing director, Heather Drake. This is an
exceptional vacancy rate compared to Longmont's Twin Peaks Mall and the
Westminster Mall, where vacancies run 10 to 15 percent, according to
employees at each mall.

"FlatIron Crossing is a really good place to have a store right now,"
Drake said.
Copyright 2004, The Daily Camera. All Rights Reserved.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Yahoo! Domains - Claim yours for only $14.70
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/