Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Verizon Wireless Previews Mobile Cell Site For Rapid Disaster Response

From: NEXTEL-1
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 14:03:25 -0400

Verizon Wireless Previews Mobile Cell Site For Rapid Disaster Response
Tuesday June 29, 12:13 pm ET 

BEDMINSTER, N.J., June 29 /PRNewswire/ -- Verizon Wireless 
demonstrated today the company's new, self-contained $500,000 Cell 
on Light Truck (COLT), a mobile cell site ready for rapid disaster 
response in Englewood, CO. The COLT can process thousands of calls 
every hour in the event cell sites or other key communications 
equipment are damaged or disabled by a community disaster. The 
25,000 pound vehicle features two retractable masts, a microwave 
antenna to link network components, an emergency power generator and 
a small office and is fully equipped with resources needed during 
emergencies including equipment, fuel, electrical generators, food, 
water and cots. The COLT, including the one pictured here 
(http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20040629/NYTU097 ), is part of 
a growing fleet of rapid disaster response vehicles Verizon Wireless 
has deployed throughout the United States.

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/040629/nytu097_1.html

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Yahoo! Domains - Claim yours for only $14.70
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/