Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Boost Mobile Selects American Wireless to Help Drive Expansion]

From: NEXTEL-1
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2004 14:50:19 -0400

Boost Mobile Selects American Wireless to Help Drive Expansion to 
Midwest and Texas; American Wireless Serves as Master Agent for 
Boost Pay-As-You-Go Wireless Products and Services
6/2/04        

Boost Mobile, a premier provider of pay-as-you-go wireless phones 
and services designed to meet the lifestyle needs of today's youth, 
today announced that it has selected American Wireless, a leading 
North American wireless distributor, as a master agent to help drive 
rollout of its wireless services into select Midwes 
t and Texas markets. Building upon the brand's existing fan base 
established as a result of the initial launch in California and 
Nevada, Boost recently announced the rollout of its wireless phones 
and services in seven markets in the United States, including the 
New York Tri-State Area, Philadelphia, Maryland/Virginia/Washington 
D.C., Florida, Texas, Midwest (Chicago, Milwaukee, Indiana) and 
Minneapolis. Previously, American Wireless helped spearhead the 
successful penetration of youth-oriented Boost Mobile services into 
the highly competitive California market. The new agreement is 
enabling Boost to leverage American Wireless'extensive network of 
independent wireless retailers as it expands sales of its products 
and services into the fast-growing Midwest and Texas 
markets. 'American Wireless has demonstrated the ability to build 
and nurture retailer networks, successfully launch innovative 
services into new markets, and drive incremental sales,'said Michael 
Lanzon, vice president of sales, Boost Mobile. 'Boost is looking 
forward to leveraging the success we've enjoyed on the West Coast 
with American Wireless as we establish a Boost presence in the 
central part of the U.S.'As a Boost Mobile master agent, American 
Wireless will initially roll out products and services to select 
markets in Illinois, Indiana, Minnesota, Texas and Wisconsin. 
American Wireless will acquire and manage new Boost Mobile retailers 
while providing them with ongoing logistical support, tactics, 
tools, and training. 'Boost has been a terrific partner for us and 
we're extremely excited to participate in the rollout beyond 
California,'said Bruce Hallinan, director of prepaid services at 
American Wireless. 'Boost's offerings are highly valued in the 
marketplace, both from the dealer and customer perspective. Demand 
for Boost is strong. We look forward to replicating what we have 
done in California on even a larger scale.'The Boost Mobile offering 
is like no other in the wireless industry, providing a unique pay-as-
you-go mobile plan, Boost(TM) Walkie-Talkie (digital Push To Talk
(TM) walkie-talkie wireless technology) for instant national 
connections, Re-Boost pay-as-you-go airtime cards, hands-free 
speakerphone, wireless Web access, text messaging and downloadable 
games, ring tones and more. Boost Mobile offers a suite of Boost-
branded wireless phones, operating on the all-digital Nextel(R) 
National Network. With Boost's recent expansion, more youth 
throughout the nation can now enjoy a mobile offering truly designed 
to complement their active lifestyle and connect them with more than 
500,000 other Boost Mobile customers and approximately 14 million 
Nextel and Nextel Partners'subscribers throughout the continental 
United States and Hawaii. About Boost Mobile Boost Mobile, an Irvine-
based division of Nextel Communications (Nasdaq:NXTL), is a provider 
of quality wireless telecommunications products and services that 
has gained a zealous following due to Boost's authentic approach to 
youth marketing. Boost's alternative business culture fuses youth-
aspiring sports, music, fashion and entertainment to reach 
Generation Y in nine U.S. markets where Boost service is currently 
offered. Boost Mobile offers its signature Boost(TM) Walkie-Talkie 
(digital Push To Talk(TM) walkie-talkie technology) and Re-Boost(TM) 
pay-as-you-go airtime cards at retail locations where young 
consumers prefer to shop, including national retail and convenience 
stores, and merchants that focus on youth fashion, music, and action 
sports-related activities. Experience Boost on the Web at 
www.boostmobile.com. 
About American Wireless Founded in 1972, American Wireless, the 
first and largest master agent in the United States, serves as a 
critical intermediary between wireless carriers and their 
corresponding agents with retail locations. Extensive product and 
service offerings include postpaid, prepaid, cellular, satellite TV 
& radio, fulfillment, distribution, warranty programs, and hardware 
and accessories. With offices throughout North America, American 
Wireless has headquarters in Campbell, Calif., and provides an 
unrivaled, national distribution and sales footprint. For more 
information, visit the American Wireless Web site at 
www.americanwireless.com. 

CONTACT: Boost Mobile, Irvine
Media Bureau, 310-665-0290
[email-masked]
or
American Wireless
Eileen Quinn, 858-774-1792
[email-masked]

http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/index.jsp?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20040602005009&newsLang=en

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Yahoo! Domains - Claim yours for only $14.70
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/