Subject: [NEXTEL-1] [justnetnews] Advanced Data Recovery and Analysis Course

From: NEXTEL-1
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 14:46:47 -0400

Advanced Data Recovery and Analysis
                     Windows NT Through XP

 Hosted by the Rural Law Enforcement Technology Center

 Date: July 19-22, 2004
 Place: Hal Rogers Center, Hazard, Kentucky

 This 4-day course is designed to be an introduction to
 processing issues related to the Windows NT, Windows 2000,
 and Windows XP operating systems. Topical areas include a
 detailed look at the New Technology File System (NTFS), the
 encrypting file system (EFS), dynamic disks, directory
 junctions, volume mount points, and processing issues such as
 recovering erased files, examination of the pagefile,
 unallocated space and slack space, recovering information
 from the registry and methods of gaining operating system and
 file system access.

 This course is designed and taught by the National White
 Collar Crime Center (NW3C).

 Registration fees

 NW3C cyber-crime courses are for law enforcement personnel
 only. For these courses, there are no attendance fees,
 regardless of NW3C membership status.

 How to Register

 Register on the NW3C web site (www.nw3c.org) or contact Ms.
 Damita Pagan at 877-628-7674.

 To find the locations of other NW3C courses, please see the
 schedule of classes (www.nw3c.org/training_schedules.html)
 available on their web site.

 --------------------------------------------------------------