Subject: [NEXTEL-1] [justnetnews] OJP Funding Opportunities

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2004 15:45:05 -0400

Office of Justice Programs
 New Funding Opportunities

 The Office of Justice Programs (OJP) has recently issued the
 following solicitations. For additional guidance, please
 contact the U.S. Department of Justice Response Center at
 800-421-6770.

 Coverdell Forensic Science Improvement Grant Program
 Announcement FY04
 Due Date: July 6, 2004

 The National Institute of Justice (NIJ), a component of the
 Office of Justice Programs (OJP) U.S. Department of Justice,
 is pleased to announce that funding is now available to
 States, Territories, and units of local government through
 the fiscal year 2004 Paul Coverdell Forensic Sciences
 Improvement Grant Program. These funds are intended to
 improve the quality and timeliness of forensic science and
 medical examiner services. Please read this announcement
 carefully for important information on eligibility, funding
 amounts, and application instructions. Applications must be
 submitted through OJP's Web-based Grants Management System
 (GMS). Begin the process early by registering at
 http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/fundopps.htm

 Full text of solicitation:

    * Adobe Acrobat File

 Fiscal Year 2004 Homeland Security Information Technology and
 Evaluation Program
 Due Date: June 30, 2004

 Funding for the Fiscal Year 2004 Homeland Security
 Information Technology and Evaluation Program is authorized
 by Public Law 108-90, the Fiscal Year 2004 Homeland Security
 Appropriations Act. The Fiscal Year 2004 Homeland Security
 Information Technology and Evaluation Program seeks to foster
 and evaluate novel uses of existing, "state-of-the-market"
 information technology that will remove barriers and improve
 information sharing and integration.

 Full text of solicitation:

    * ASCII Text File
    * Adobe Acrobat File

 Fiscal Year 2004 Homeland Security Preparedness Technical
 Assistance Program
 Due Date: July 1, 2004

 Funding for the Fiscal Year 2004 Homeland Security
 Preparedness Technical Assistance Program is authorized by:
 1) Public Law 108-90, 2004 Department of Homeland Security
 Appropriations Act. The Fiscal Year 2004 Homeland Security
 Preparedness Technical Assistance Program seeks to enhance
 the capacity of emergency responders to prevent, deter, or
 respond to terrorist incidents involving weapons of mass
 destruction (WMD) by developing and providing technical
 assistance support to eligible agencies and jurisdictions.

 Full text of solicitation:

    * ASCII Text File
    * Adobe Acrobat File

 Additional Information

 For more information about OJP Funding Opportunities, please
 visit www.ojp.usdoj.gov/fundopps.htm.

 --------------------------------------------------------------