Subject: [NEXTEL-1] FCC, Department of Homeland Se3curity to Host Public Forum

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2004 14:26:16 -0400

FCC, Department of Homeland Se3curity to Host Public Forum

The Federal Communications Commission and the Department of Homeland
Security (DHS) will co-sponsor a public forum on Wednesday, June 2, to
examine how the relationship between local media and government can be
strengthened to support local market operational readiness to cope with
terrorist attacks, natural disasters or other similar occurrences.
The event will take place from 10:45 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., immediately
following the meeting of the Commission's Media Security and Reliability
Council (MSRC), in the FCC's Commission Meeting Room at 445 12th Street,
S.W., Washington, D.C.
"Media and government must be partners in preparing for emergencies. The
public needs clear lines of communication of accurate and timely
information. Only by working together can we ensure full readiness for
when disaster strikes," said FCC Chairman Michael Powell. "During this
forum we want to explore how this relationship can be strengthened at
the local level."
The forum will address means of fostering coordination between local
government and media before an emergency occurs, media awareness of
service vulnerabilities, and plans for restoration of service to
community, including the special needs of disability communities.

www.telecomweb.com

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar.
Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/