Subject: [NEXTEL-1] New RF Front-End Solutions Enable Wi-Fi Systems With +20dBm Antenna Power 6/21/2004

From: NEXTEL-1
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 23:06:39 -0400

New RF Front-End Solutions Enable Wi-Fi Systems With +20dBm Antenna
Power

6/21/2004  Ottawa, Canada - SiGe Semiconductor, Inc. today announced a
new power amplifier, switch and RF front-end reference design that
improve performance and manufacturability of Wi-Fi? systems.

The new SE2528L power amplifier delivers output power of up to +23dBm at
3.0% error vector magnitude (EVM) while operating in 802.11g mode. When
paired with SiGe?s new SE2560L switch, which features low insertion
losses and high linearity, manufacturers can design systems that achieve
output power of +20dBm at the antenna. The high output power allows
users to maintain reliable wireless connections over longer distances
when using access points, printers, desktop computers and other
Wi-Fi?-equipped consumer devices.

The devices are combined in a complete RF front-end reference design
that includes all
of the circuitry required between the transceiver and the antenna,
including the power
amplifier, enable circuitry, power detector, switch, and filtering. The
RF front-end
reference design serves as a blueprint for high-performance WLAN
systems, allowing
manufacturers to quickly and cost-effectively develop next-generation
products.
?Our new reference design offers a fully tested, proven development
platform that takes
the guesswork out of RF front-end design,? said Andrew Parolin,
director, wireless
power amplifiers, SiGe Semiconductor, Inc. ?We have worked closely with
our
customers to develop the highest performing power amplifier and switch
combination on
the market. Using these products along with our reference design allows
manufacturers
to quickly deliver WLAN systems with confidence in receiving high
overall performance
ratings from consumers.?

SE2528L delivers leading performance; bundles with switch for complete,
low-cost solution The SE2528L is based on SiGe?s proven power amplifier
architecture optimized for 802.11b and 802.11g operation. Leveraging an
advanced silicon germanium technology, the device features a
market-leading combination of linearity, accuracy and stability.  The
power amplifier is characterized for both 3.3V and 5V operation, and
includes on-chip power enable switch, bias control circuitry, and a
power detector that minimizes antenna mis-match.

The SE2528L interfaces directly to the SE2560L, a double pole, double
throw (DPDT) RF switch in a transfer configuration. The switch is
manufactured using a state-of-the-art pHEMT process that ensures the low
insertion loss and high linearity required of WLAN systems. The SE2560L
is easy to use, able to connect to both antennas without an RF
crossover. The device can be used with any of SiGe Semiconductor?s
2.4GHz power amplifiers.

http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/content/news/article.asp?docid={caf1f21b-dc73-426c-a1a9-e3e9f49bd4b2}

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Yahoo! Domains - Claim yours for only $14.70
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/