Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Motorola Secures a US$3.5M Contract to Provide Taiwan Coast Guard Administration with TETRA Digital Radios

From: NEXTEL-1
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 21:13:23 -0400

Motorola Secures a US$3.5M Contract to Provide Taiwan Coast Guard
Administration with TETRA Digital Radio
Communications on PengHu Island

TAIPEI, Taiwan, - 10 June 2004 - Motorola today announced that it has
secured a US$3.5 million contract to provide Taiwan's Coast Guard
Administration (CGA) with a TETRA digital trunked radio network on
PengHu Island. Critical to the operations of CGA is the ability of the
new radio network to provide communications coverage to PengHu and its
surrounding islands, including coverage up to 24 nautical miles from the
coast of the island.

The contract includes the Motorola TETRA communications network, 422
portable radios used by Coast Guard personnel, and 38 mobile radios to
be installed in vehicles and vessels. The 380MHz TETRA-compliant digital
trunked radio system enables both voice and data communications. It is
integrated with an automatic vehicle location system that allows staff
at the operations control centre to rapidly track and dispatch the
closest vehicle or vessel to the incident scene. The new digital system
replaces an existing analogue conventional radio system currently
deployed on PengHu Island.

The system will be Motorola's first deployment of a TETRA system
designed for coastal operations in Asia Pacific and will meet CGA’s need
for extensive radio coverage requirements over water,” said Mr. Chew
Guan Sing, director of Distribution for Motorola's Commercial,
Government and Industrial Solutions Sector. "This award gives Motorola
the chance to expand our market leadership and make a positive impact on
costal safety.”

The network is scheduled to be deployed by Q4 2004.

About TETRA

TErrestrial Trunked RAdio (TETRA) is an open digital trunked radio
standard defined by the European Telecommunications Standardisation
Institute (ETSI) to meet the needs of the most demanding professional
mobile radio users.
http://www.motorola.com/mediacenter/news/detail/0,,4321_3660_23,00.html#

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar.
Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/