Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Adelstein Still Mulling 800 MHz

From: NEXTEL-1
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2004 15:21:53 -0400

Adelstein Still Mulling 800 MHz
BY MARK ROCKWELL
JUNE 2, 2004

WASHINGTON -- The FCC is finally close to a decision on the 800 MHz
interference issue, although at least one commissioner says he is still
undecided.

Commissioner Jonathan Adelstein said today at the Wireless
Communications Association International conference that the FCC is
working to get the item on the agenda for next week's FCC meeting, but
is still considering options on the interference issue.

Nextel Communications has proposed its so-called Consensus Plan to
address emergency responders' interference issues caused by wireless
service providers, but CTIA and leading wireless carriers, including
Verizon Wireless, oppose it.
Adelstein said the FCC wants to minimize any litigation, which could set
efforts to eliminate interference back "for years."
http://www.wirelessweek.com/index.asp?layout=newsat2direct&starting=4&pubdate=06/02/04©
2004 Reed Business Information,

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Yahoo! Domains - Claim yours for only $14.70
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/