Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Washington State- Request For Proposal- Final Statewide Public Safety Communications Systems Plan

From: NEXTEL-1
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2004 23:02:19 -0400

Request For Proposal
Number -A04-RFP-004

Washington State
Department of Information Services
Management and Oversight of Strategic Technologies Division

For

Final Statewide Public Safety Communications Systems Plan

Issued June 2, 2004

Through this solicitation, the State of Washington is seeking to engage
one or more consulting firms to do a portion or all of the following key
deliverables:

1) conduct forums in each of the 9 homeland security regions in the
state;

2) conduct an inventory of the public safety communication systems owned
by local and tribal governments and selected federal agencies and
non-governmental organizations in Washington State; and

3) develop a final statewide public safety communications plan for
improving communications technologies on the State’s public safety
infrastructure.
 
The Final Statewide Public Safety Communications Plan (PSC Plan) shall
address the needs of all Public Safety Services organizations in the
state of Washington. It should include an inventory of the federal,
local and tribal government entities  and non-governmental organizations
interested in participating. The plan will also include the existing
inventory of public  safety communication systems within the State of
Washington, and shall provide a written review of the existing public
safety infrastructure throughout the State. The PSC Plan shall explore
the impact, costs, and benefits of a minimum of three alternatives.  One
option shall be to “do nothing”.  Additional options may include but are
not limited to, migration to one band of spectrum, or working within
disparate public safety bands, each including required system
improvements. The plan shall make recommendations to the State of
Washington regarding improvements in the public safety communications
infrastructure to meet both the performance and interoperability needs
of the participants.

http://techmall.dis.wa.gov/procurement/Document.asp?LineID=222

http://techmall.dis.wa.gov/procurement/Document.asp?LineID=221

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar.
Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/