Subject: [NEXTEL-1] "Supporting America's First Responders"

From: Alan Dixon <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 20:17:34 -0400

Food for thought: Hmmm... I wonder exactly what these guys are up to???
-Alan Dixon
 Contributing Editor
 Popular Communications

--------- Forwarded Message ----------
From: "Justin XXXXXX" <[email-masked]>
To: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2004 12:55:27 GMT
Subject: Thanks For Supporting America's First Responders

Dear Supporter: 

Thanks for taking the time to offer your support for our country's first
responders by registering at our website.  America's firefighters, law
enforcement officers, and EMS personnel are on the front lines everyday
ensuring our safety and security, and they should be provided with the
communications technology and equipment they need to do their jobs of
protecting us.  The Alliance in Support of America's First Responders is
a group of folks like you and me who want to make sure these true heroes
get all the help they need responding to emergency situations and saving
lives.   

My name is Justin XXXXXX, and I'm part of the effort to help organize
everyone who wants to help out.  It's very important that we let
Washington know where we stand on this issue, and that's why I'm so glad
you want to get involved.  It's very likely that Congress will consider
legislation THIS YEAR that will let first responders communicate with
each other in new ways.  This could be something as simple as multiple
police and fire departments being able to communicate with each other
during a time of crisis.  It could also allow on-scene personnel to
provide video of a suspected explosive to experts at another location or
enable police to immediately distribute a photograph of an abducted child
to officers around the country, saving precious minutes in the search for
a kidnapper.          

Right now, Supporter, we are building a nationwide network of individuals
who are interested in this issue and are willing to help out.  If a
family member or a friend of yours is a first responder, I'd love to know
that-the more personal stories we can share with the decision-makers, the
better.  Please take a moment to respond to this email, and in the coming
months, I'll be getting in touch with everybody to let you guys know what
you can do to help make a difference.

Thanks again, Supporter.

Sincerely, 
Justin XXXXXX
[email-masked]
1-800-XXX-XXXX, ext. XXXX

http://www.supportamericasfirstresponders.com

*************************************************************************
*******************

<snip>  This e-mail (including attachments, if any) is a confidential
communication from the sender to the intended recipient and represents
the opinions only of the sender and not of any organization or
corporation.

--

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Yahoo! Domains - Claim yours for only $14.70
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/