Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Wifi rage

From: NEXTEL-1
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 17:37:37 -0400

-------- Original Message --------
From: Shreyas Pandit <[email-masked]>
Subject:  Wifi rage

"According to this news release, the Texas Department of Transportation
is 
proposing to install hotspots at all 84 Safety Rest Stops and 12 Travel 
Information Centers statewide. This would be in addition to the four
test 
locations already in place along US287." Reader polluted notes that 
Portland is working on free WiFi. An anonymous reader sent in word of
this 
year's wifi-shootout, a contest to maximize the range for an 802.11b 
connection. And Roland Piquepaille writes in regarding cows wearing WiFi 
collars, which I'm afraid reminds me of a crummy sci-fi movie.

http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=04/06/10/1224222

http://www.dot.state.tx.us/txdotnews/026-2004.htm

http://poeticpollution.net/

http://www.wweek.com/story.php?story=5186

http://www.wifi-shootout.com/

http://radio.weblogs.com/0105910/

http://www.newscientist.com/news/news.jsp?id=ns99995079

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Yahoo! Domains - Claim yours for only $14.70
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/