Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Companies look to combine PTT with IM

From: NEXTEL-1
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 16:40:45 -0400

Companies look to combine PTT with IM
June 22 12:47:00, 2004

DENVER—Mobile Tornado and Jabber Inc. said they are jointly developing a
mobile messaging product that combines voice, text and availability
information in one interface. The product will incorporate Mobile
Tornado’s Push-to-Talk over Cellular solution with Jabber’s Extensible
Communications Platform for instant-messaging applications.

The combined product will allow customers to view their mobile address
books with a variety of contact presence information such as connection
status, handset information, handset state, software capabilities, mood
and location.

“Integration of IM with PTT improves the user’s experience and puts
choice back into the customers hands,” said Maria Archer, chief
marketing officer for Mobile Tornado.
http://rcrnews.com/cgi-bin/news.pl?newsId=573

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar.
Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/