Subject: [NEXTEL-1] M/A-COM Awarded $4.5 Million Purchase Contract to Provide Land Mobile-Radio Communications For Washington State Patrol

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 08:00:20 -0400

M/A-COM Awarded $4.5 Million Purchase Contract to Provide Land
Mobile-Radio Communications For Washington State Patrol

M/A-COM To Deliver Reliable, State-Of-The-Art Communications As an
Approved
Vendor by the Western States Contracting Alliance

LOWELL, Mass., July 26 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/-- M/A-COM, Inc. a business
unit of Tyco Electronics and leading manufacturer of critical radio
systems deployed around the world, has been awarded a $4.5 million
purchase contract to provide land mobile-radio communication for
Washington State Patrol.  As part of the purchase contract, M/A-COM will
provide in-band, dual-receive M7100IP mobile and P7100IP portable radios
with the capability to connect to an Internet Protocol (IP) network.
This will enable Washington State Patrol troops to communicate using
disparate radio systems via a network-based solution, such as M/A-COM's
IP based NetworkFirst.  "We were looking for a partner that would give
us the capability to enhance communications for our troopers in the
field," said Chief Lowell M.  Porter. "The combination of increasing
officer safety as well as public safety through effective and enhanced
communication capabilities is vital to the Washington State Patrol."

In addition to being able to deliver reliable, state-of-the-art radio
communications with IP capability, M/A-COM was selected because of its
qualification as an approved vendor under the Western States Contracting
Alliance (WSCA).  The Washington State Patrol contract was part of the
State of Washington's radio communication contract, which fell under the
purview of WSCA, established to ensure a multi-state,
competitive-bidding process for participants.

Additionally, M/A-COM's selection by Washington State Patrol was
approved by the Washington State Interoperability Executive Committee
(SIEC), which is chaired by Chief Porter and pursues and promotes
statewide interoperability policies and standards to ensure
interoperable public safety communications.  Interoperability refers to
the ability of disparate systems to communicate with each other.

"Washington State Patrol's choice of M/A-COM is a direct reflection of
our willingness to listen to our customer's needs and deliver, flexible
interoperable communications solutions," said Kit Eldredge, Northwest
district sales manager, M/A-COM.  "Washington State Patrol and, by
extension, the SIEC, clearly recognize the importance of
interoperability when it comes to public safety communications.  By
selecting M/A-COM to provide this solution for them, Washington State
Patrol and SIEC are affirming their belief that M/A-COM can provide
solutions to meet their present and future needs."

About M/A-COM

M/A-COM, Inc., a business unit of Tyco Electronics, is a leading
supplier of critical communications systems and equipment for public
safety, utility, federal and select commercial markets.  Products range
from some of the most advanced IP-based voice and data networks to
traditional wireless systems to offer customers the highest levels of
reliability, interoperability, scalability and security.  M/A-COM is
also a recognized leader in the design and manufacture of radio
frequency (RF), microwave and millimeter wave solutions for the
commercial wireless telecommunications, aerospace and defense
industries. Headquartered in Lowell, MA, M/A-COM has offices and
manufacturing facilities worldwide.  Information about M/A-COM can be
found on the Web at http://www.macom.com or
http://www.macom-wireless.com.

About Tyco Electronics

Tyco Electronics, a business segment of Tyco International Ltd. (NYSE:
TYC; BSX: TYC), is the world's largest passive electronic components
manufacturer; a world leader in cutting-edge wireless, active fiber
optic and complete power systems technologies; and is also rapidly
developing extensive networking and building technology installation
services. Tyco Electronics provides advanced technology products from
over forty well-known and respected brands, including Agastat,
Alcoswitch, AMP, AMP NETCONNECT, Buchanan, CII, CoEv, Critchley, Elcon,
Elo TouchSystems, M/A-COM, Madison Cable, OEG, OneSource Building
Technologies, Potter & Brumfield, Raychem, Schrack, Simel and TDI
Batteries.

M/A-COM, Tyco and NetworkFirst are trademarks.  Other products, logos
and Company names mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective
owners.

To obtain a copy of the WSCA Public Safety Communication Contract 02702
go
to: http://www.ga.wa.gov/purchase/ or http://www.aboutwsca.org

For sales information, please contact:
M/A-COM, Inc.
1011 Pawtucket Blvd.
Lowell, MA 01853
United States - 1.800.528.7711
Canada - 1.800.368.3277
Middle East/Africa -- +1.434.455.9229
Asia/Pacific -- +1.434.455.9238
Europe -- +1.434.455.9238
Latin America -- +1.434.455.9236

Editorial Contact:
Dave Hutcheson
M/A-COM, Inc.
978/442-4047
[email-masked]

Mike Ratcliff
Tyco Electronics
717-592-2316
[email-masked]

SOURCE M/A-COM, Inc.
Web Site: http://www.tyco.com
Company News On Call: Company News On-Call:
http://www.prnewswire.com/comp/897850.html

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Yahoo! Domains - Claim yours for only $14.70
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/