Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Jeff Hultman Joins Funk Ventures Advisory Board

From: NEXTEL-1
Date: Sun, 04 Jul 2004 15:13:35 -0400

Jeff Hultman Joins Funk Ventures Advisory Board

Former CEO of AirTouch Cellular (now Verizon Wireless) joins the
advisory board of private equity
and venture capital firm Funk Ventures

Canoga Park, CA (PRWEB) June 26, 2004 -- Private equity and venture
capital firm Funk Ventures announced today that Jeffrey Hultman, former
CEO of AirTouch Cellular (now Verizon Wireless), has joined its advisory
board.

The firm’s advisory board was established earlier this year to help Funk
Ventures hone the strategies of its various business units based on the
expertise of a group that comprises knowledgeable and successful
executives in industries most influential to its business.

“We are tremendously excited to have Mr. Hultman join our advisory
board,” said Funk Ventures CEO and Chairman Andy J. Funk. “His
background in the wireless and telecommunication markets is unparalleled
and his participation as an active advisor to Funk Ventures provides the
company with an invaluable resource”.

As Chief Executive Officer, Mr. Hultman grew AirTouch Cellular to over
$1 billion in revenues. He partnered with Qualcomm to create CDMA
technology as an industry standard and led the determining effort in
winning the West German D2 license to compete against the Bundespost as
the nation’s second cellular service provider. At Dial Page, Mr. Hultman
raised over $50 million in private equity, executed 14 acquisitions, and
let a successful IPO. He also worked with Motorola to develop IDEN
technology, sold off Dial Page’s paging operations for $187 million to
MobileMedia Communications and completed a stock merger with Nextel
Communications valued at $850 million.

About Funk Ventures

Funk Ventures is a multi-faceted private equity firm headquartered in
Los Angeles, California. The firm’s business segments span from venture
capital and investment banking to real estate and business services. The
firm’s venture capital arm, which makes value-add investments in
promising companies in the technology, wellness and education markets,
is complemented by an investment banking unit which provides access to
outside capital to private and emerging companies. Funk Ventures also
develops and invests in real estate and runs a business services unit
that provides professional and advisory services to its clientele and
portfolio companies.

For more information, visit www.funkventures.com or call (818) 716-0413.
Funk Ventures is a registered trademark of Funk Ventures, Inc.

http://www.emediawire.com/releases/2004/6/emw136802.htm

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar.
Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/