Subject: [NEXTEL-1] FCC TO HOLD OPEN COMMISSION MEETING WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 4, 2004

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 12:51:33 -0400

July 28, 2004

FCC TO HOLD OPEN COMMISSION MEETING WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 4, 2004

The Federal Communications Commission will hold an Open Meeting on the
subjects listed below on Wednesday, August 4, 2004, which is scheduled
to commence at 9:30 a.m. in Room TW-C305, at 445 12th Street, S. W.,
Washington, D.C.
ITEM NO. BUREAU SUBJECT
1 HOMELAND SECURITY POLICY COUNCIL The Homeland Security Policy Council
will present a report concerning this year’s FCC regulatory, outreach,
and partnership initiatives in support of homeland security.

2 OFFICE OF ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY TITLE:  Communications Assistance
for Law Enforcement Act and Broadband Access and Services (RM-10865).
SUMMARY:  The Commission will consider a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking
and Declaratory Ruling concerning the appropriate legal and policy
framework of the Communications Assistance for Law Enforcement Act.

3 OFFICE OF ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY TITLE:  New Part 4 of the
Commission’s Rules Concerning Disruptions to Communications (ET Docket
No. 04-35).
SUMMARY:  The Commission will consider a Report and Order concerning the
reporting of service disruptions by providers of telecommunications
services.

4 ENFORCEMENT TITLE:  Review of the Emergency Alert System.
SUMMARY:  The Commission will consider a Notice of Inquiry concerning
the examination of the Emergency Alert System as an effective mechanism
for warning the American public during an emergency.

5 WIRELINE COMPETITION TITLE:  Schools and Libraries Universal Service
Support Mechanism (CC Docket No. 02-6).
SUMMARY:  The Commission will consider a Fifth Report and Order and
Order concerning measures to protect against waste, fraud and abuse in
the administration of the schools and libraries universal service
support mechanism.

6 WIRELINE COMPETITION TITLE:  Review of the Section 251 Unbundling
Obligations for Incumbent Local Exchange Carriers (CC Docket No.
01-338); Implementation of the Local Competition Provisions of the
Telecommunications Act of 1996 (CC Docket No. 96-98); and Deployment of
Wireline Services Offering Advanced Telecommunications Capability (CC
Docket No. 98-147).
SUMMARY:  The Commission will consider an Order on Reconsideration
addressing, in part, petitions filed by BellSouth and SureWest for
clarification and/or partial reconsideration of the Triennial Review
Order (FCC 03-36).

7 MEDIA TITLE:  Second Periodic Review of the Commission’s Rules and
Policies Affecting the Conversion to Digital Television (MB Docket No.
03-15, RM-9832).
SUMMARY:  The Commission will consider a Report and Order concerning the
conversion of the nation’s broadcast television system from analog to
digital television.
8 MEDIA TITLE:  Digital Output Protection Technologies and Recording
Method Certifications (MB Docket Nos. 04-55, 04-56, 04-57, 04-58, 04-59,
04-60, 04-61, 04-62, 04-63, 04-64, 04-65, 04-66, and 04-68).
SUMMARY:  The Commission will consider an Order responding to
certifications received in response to an initial certification window
by which digital output protection technologies and recording methods
could be authorized for use and give effect to the Redistribution
Control Descriptor set forth in ATSC Standard A/65B (the “flag”).

9 CONSUMER & GOVERNMENTAL AFFAIRS
 TITLE:  Rules and Regulations Implementing the Controlling the Assault
of Non-Solicited Pornography and Marketing Act of 2003 (CG Docket No.
04-53); and Rules and Regulations Implementing the Telephone Consumer
Protection Act of 1991 (CG Docket No. 02-278).
SUMMARY:  The Commission will consider an Order concerning
implementation of the Controlling the Assault of Non-Solicited
Pornography and Marketing Act of 2003.

http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-250222A1.doc

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar.
Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/