Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel E911 Phase 2 Handset Problems

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 11:27:41 -0400

From: Sachs, Steve 
Sent: Tuesday, July 20, 2004 6:49 PM 
Subject: Nextel E911 Phase 2 

Nextel takes seriously its commitment to provide 911 service to its 
customers, and has been working in partnership with the Public Safety 
community to provide a reliable and accurate Phase II service. Since
your 
PSAP is one of the hundreds across the country where Nextel provides
Phase 
II caller information, you need to be aware of a software issue
affecting 
assisted global positioning location services (A-GPS) for Nextel
customers 
using the following Motorola iDEN phones: i205, i305, i530, i710, i730, 
i733, i736, and i830. 

This software issue caused 911 calls from the above handsets to
terminate 
10-15 seconds into the call. Once we became aware of the issue, we
disabled 
Phase II capability throughout our network and reverted to E911 Phase I 
capability for all handsets in all locations. This has insured the 
successful completion of all 911 calls made by Nextel customers, which
is
of 
overarching importance to Nextel. 

Nextel is working around the clock with our vendors to identify the root 
cause and implement a permanent solution as quickly as possible. 

We will provide more information as it is available. 

Steven Sachs 
Sr. Director, Telco Management 
Nextel Communications, Inc.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar.
Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/