Subject: [NEXTEL-1] 800 Interference Reports - San Fransisco multiple

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 10:58:36 -0400

-------- Original Message --------
From: "Ron Haraseth" <[email-masked]>
Subject: 800 Interference Reports  - San Fransisco multiple

Note:  an updated complete text file of all reports to date is located
at:
http://www.apco911.org/frequency/project_39/combined.txt
To report 800 MHz commercial interference:
http://www.apco911.org/frequency/800interfere.html#interfere

---------------------------------------------------------------------

July 15, 2004
Location City:....................... Sacramento
       County:....................... Sacramento
        State:....................... CA
Agency Name:......................... Sacramento Metropolitan Fire
Type of service:..................... Fire EMS
Service coverage area:............... 417 Sq Mi
Population estimate:................. 600,000
Is interference Annoying:............ Yes
Is interference Harmful:............  Yes
Type of PS System:................... Motorola Analog trunking
Band:................................   821-824  
Identified interference:............. Wireless site on building NW
Corner
Fair Oaks and Madison
Interference been reported to:....... APCO  Commercial Provider
Has interference been resolved:...... No If, how:

Descriptive Narrative
In the area of Fair Oaks Blvd and Madison portable radios are 
scratchy and go out of range and can not hear control channel
Technical Contact Name:.............. Jim Vell 
Technical Contact Title:............. Captain 
Agency:.............................. Sac Metro Fire 
Email:............................... [email-masked]

July 15, 2004
Location City:....................... 4411 Auburn Blvd, Sacramento
       County:....................... Sacramento
        State:....................... CA
Agency Name:......................... Sacramento Metropolitan Fire
Type of service:..................... Fire EMS
Service coverage area:............... 417 Sq Mi
Population estimate:................. 600,000
Is interference Annoying:............ Yes
Is interference Harmful:............  Yes
Type of PS System:................... Motorola Analog trunked radio
system
Band:................................   821-824  
Identified interference:............. Wireless tower on property
Interference been reported to:....... APCO  Commercial Provider
Has interference been resolved:...... No If, how:

Descriptive Narrative
On the street and in the area of the wireless tower our portable 
radios do not operate and can not hear the control channel
Technical Contact Name:.............. Jim Vell 
Technical Contact Title:............. Captain 
Agency:.............................. Sac Metro Fire 
Email:............................... [email-masked]

July 15, 2004
Location City:....................... Fitzgerald Rd, Rancho Cordova
       County:....................... Sacramento
        State:....................... CA
Agency Name:......................... Sacramento Metropolitan Fire
Type of service:..................... Fire EMS
Service coverage area:............... 417 Sq Mi
Population estimate:................. 600,000
Is interference Annoying:............ Yes
Is interference Harmful:............  Yes
Type of PS System:................... Motorola analog trunked, MDC4800
and
RDL Data
Band:................................  806-824   
Identified interference:............. Wireless tower nearby
Interference been reported to:....... APCO  Commercial Provider
Has interference been resolved:...... No If, how:

Descriptive Narrative
In the area of Fitzgerald and Gold Dredge, Rancho Cordova 
our trunked portables do not work and monitoring can not 
hear the control channel or some of the data channels several 
hundred feet around the nearby wireless tower
Technical Contact Name:.............. Jim Vell 
Technical Contact Title:............. Captain 
Agency:.............................. Sac Metro Fire 
Email:............................... [email-masked]

July 15, 2004
Location City:....................... 2285 Cemo Cir Rancho Cordova
       County:....................... Sacramento
        State:....................... Ca
Agency Name:......................... Sacramento Metropolitan Fire
Type of service:..................... Fire, EMS
Service coverage area:............... Sacramento County  417 Sq Mi
Population estimate:................. 600,000
Is interference Annoying:............ Yes
Is interference Harmful:............  Yes
Type of PS System:................... Motorola Analog trunked, MDC 4800
data, RD Lap Data
Band:................................  806-824   
Identified interference:............. Wireless towers in area
Interference been reported to:....... APCO  Commercial Provider
Has interference been resolved:...... No If, how:

Descriptive Narrative
Trunked radios go out of range or are very scratch in this area, on
monitoring portable does not reliabily hear the control channel of the
MDT
channels
Technical Contact Name:.............. Jim Vell 
Technical Contact Title:............. Captain 
Agency:.............................. Sac Metro Fire
Email:............................... [email-masked]

July 15, 2004
Location City:....................... alameda
       County:....................... Alameda
        State:....................... CA
Agency Name:......................... Alameda County
Type of service:..................... police, fire, EMS, public works 
Service coverage area:............... county
Population estimate:................. 1 million
Is interference Annoying:............ Yes
Is interference Harmful:............  Yes
Type of PS System:................... conventional, trunked, analog,
voice
Band:................................   821-824  
Identified interference:............. Nextel and ATT wireless
Interference been reported to:....... APCO  
Has interference been resolved:...... No If, how:

Descriptive Narrative
A location affected. Typically taking an trunking handie talkie 
within 100's of feet of a cellular base site will disable the radio. 
Technical Contact Name:.............. Wayne Conley 
Technical Contact Title:............. Sr. Telecom Tech 
Agency:.............................. Alameda County 
Email:............................... [email-masked]

July 15, 2004
Location City:....................... castro valley
       County:....................... Alameda
        State:....................... CA
Agency Name:......................... Alameda County
Type of service:..................... police, fire, EMS, public works 
Service coverage area:............... county
Population estimate:................. 1 million
Is interference Annoying:............ Yes
Is interference Harmful:............  Yes
Type of PS System:................... conventional, trunked, analog,
voice
Band:................................   821-824  
Identified interference:............. Nextel and ATT wireless
Interference been reported to:....... APCO  
Has interference been resolved:...... No If, how:

Descriptive Narrative
A location affected. Typically taking an trunking handie 
talkie within 100's of feet of a cellular base site will disable the
radio. 
Technical Contact Name:.............. Wayne Conley 
Technical Contact Title:............. Sr. Telecom Tech 
Agency:.............................. Alameda County
Email:............................... [email-masked]

July 15, 2004
Location City:....................... Fremont
       County:....................... Alameda
        State:....................... CA
Agency Name:......................... Alameda County
Type of service:..................... police, fire, EMS, public works 
Service coverage area:............... county
Population estimate:................. 1 million
Is interference Annoying:............ Yes
Is interference Harmful:............  Yes
Type of PS System:................... conventional, trunked, analog,
voice
Band:................................   821-824  
Identified interference:............. Nextel and ATT wireless
Interference been reported to:....... APCO  
Has interference been resolved:...... No If, how:

Descriptive Narrative
Locations in Fremont are affected. Typically taking an trunking 
handie talkie within 100's of feet of a cellular base site will 
disable the radio. 
Technical Contact Name:.............. Wayne Conley 
Technical Contact Title:............. Sr. Telecom Tech 
Agency:.............................. Alameda County 
Email:............................... [email-masked]

July 15, 2004
Location City:....................... San Leandro
       County:....................... Alameda
        State:....................... CA
Agency Name:......................... Alameda County
Type of service:..................... police, fire, EMS, public works 
Service coverage area:............... county
Population estimate:................. 1 million
Is interference Annoying:............ Yes
Is interference Harmful:............  Yes
Type of PS System:................... conventional, trunked, analog,
voice
Band:................................   821-824  
Identified interference:............. Nextel and ATT wireless
Interference been reported to:....... APCO  
Has interference been resolved:...... No If, how:

Descriptive Narrative
Numerous locations in San Leandro are affected. Typically taking an 
trunking handie talkie within 100's of feet of a cellular base site 
will disable the radio. 
Technical Contact Name:.............. Wayne Conley 
Technical Contact Title:............. Sr. Telecom Tech 
Agency:.............................. Alameda County 
Email:............................... [email-masked]

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Yahoo! Domains - Claim yours for only $14.70
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/