Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Montana Awards Project Management Contract for Public Safety Radio Network

From: NEXTEL-1
Date: Sun, 04 Jul 2004 12:54:14 -0400

Montana Awards Project Management Contract for Public Safety Radio
Network

Statewide network will connect public-safety officials at all levels of
government
By News Release - June 2004

Recently, the State of Montana awarded Federal Engineering a contract to
provide technical support services for the planning and implementation
of two regional public safety mobile radio projects. Under this
contract, FE will supply technical assistance in a wide range of areas
including systems analysts and design, RFP (request for proposal)
development, and procurement support.

Mr. Bosco continued: "Montana has established two rather large scale
regional programs to foster interoperability in the post 9/11
environment. These programs include police, sheriff, fire, emergency
medical, and other public safety services throughout the State. The
Northern Tier Interoperability Project runs along the Montana -- Canada
Border while the Southwest Interoperability Project encompasses the
southwest corner of the state and includes Lewis and Clark County and
Helena, the state capital. Numerous stakeholders are participating
including municipal, county, tribal, state, and Federal organizations."
"Federal Engineering was chosen due to their intimate knowledge of
statewide public safety mobile radio having completed projects for most
of our neighboring states. In addition, the firm has a strong background
working in our environment and appreciates the unique needs of our
State," indicated Jenny Hansen, Manager of the Montana Public Safety
Services Office. Click here to find out more about Montana's public
safety radio network.

http://www.govtech.net/magazine/channel_story.phtml?channel=4&id=90682
More:

http://www.discoveringmontana.com/itsd/techmt/pscommunications.asp

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Yahoo! Domains - Claim yours for only $14.70
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/