Subject: [NEXTEL-1] FCC Extends Deadline for DTV Impact Comments

From: NEXTEL-1
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2004 19:02:45 -0400

Date posted: 2004-07-02
FCC Extends Deadline for DTV Impact Comments

The FCC has given broadcasters an extra month to comment on a commission
inquiry launched in May to investigate the impact that the analog
shutoff will affect consumers.

NAB had requested a 60 day delay to give it more time to conduct factual
research studies, but the commission gave the association only 30 extra
days, extending the comment deadline to Aug. 11 and reply deadline to
Sept. 7.
The commission is looking at new ways to expedite the analog shutdown,
including a plan that would count cable subscribers that receive a
digital signal that has been converted to cable. The NAB opposes the
proposal plan, accusing the commission of pursing a scenario that would
strand millions of analog-only viewers.
http://www.tvtechnology.com/dailynews/one.php?id=2110

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Yahoo! Domains - Claim yours for only $14.70
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/