Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Firehouse.com Grants E-Notification: Round 6 Grants Help 83 Departments

From: NEXTEL-1
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 11:22:42 -0400

[Image][Image]                                                            [Image]
[Image][Image]                                                            [Image]

       Firehouse.com Grants E-Notification
       Friday, July 16, 2004
       -------------------------------------------------------------------
       Round 7 Grants Help 83 Departments
       -------------------------------------------------------------------
       cms.firehouse.com/content/article/article.jsp?sectionId=12&id=32881

       (Washington, DC) July 16, 2004 -- Secretary Tom Ridge today
       announced 83 grants to fire departments throughout the United
       States in the seventh round of the Fiscal Year 2004 Assistance to
       Firefighters Grant Program. The grants will ultimately total
       approximately 8,000 awards worth nearly $750 million in direct
       assistance to firefighters throughout the country, demonstrating
       Homeland Security's commitment to ensuring that America's
       firefighters have the resources they need to protect their
       communities.

[Image]"President Bush and I strongly support the critical mission of our [Image]
[Image]nation's firefighters. Through these funds, we will ensure that our[Image]
       nation's emergency responders have the equipment and training they
       need to respond to all hazards," said Secretary Ridge.

       "We recognize the importance of the Fire Act Grants to our nation's
       fire departments and we will continue to work closely with the fire
       service community to meet their needs," added C. Suzanne Mencer,
       Director of the Office for Domestic Preparedness (ODP).

       This seventh round of grants provides $6,589,199 to help local fire
       departments purchase firefighting equipment, fund firefighter
       health and safety programs, enhance emergency medical services
       programs, and conduct fire education and prevention programs.

       Full Story Updates:
       www.firehouse.com

       More Funding News:
       cms.firehouse.com/content/section/gen_section.jsp?sectionId=12

[Image][Image]                                                            [Image]