Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Mot PTTs Pelephone

From: NEXTEL-1
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2004 13:23:50 -0400

Mot PTTs Pelephone
July 6, 2004 | 7:46 AM

TEL-AVIV, Israel &mdash; Motorola, Inc.
today announced a contract with Israeli
CDMA operator Pelephone to deliver,
install and commission its commercial
Push-to-Talk over Cellular (PoC) system.
The system, which is scheduled to launch in
August 2004, will offer PoC services to over
2 million Pelephone subscribers, enabling
them to have efficient one-to-one or group
communication.

Motorola is a leading provider of end-to-end PoC solutions. It offers a
broad portfolio of PoC handsets, device client software and PoC servers
in addition to PoC development, integration support and interoperability
testing. Also, its standards-based PoC client software is available for
license to third party GSM/GPRS, UMTS and CDMA handset manufacturers and
software developers.

"Being able to provide innovative new services such as Push-to-Talk over
Cellular for the Israeli market is a very important step for us in
strengthening our market position," said Yakob Gelbard, president and
CEO of Pelephone. "Our long standing relationship with Motorola coupled
with its leading Push-to-Talk over Cellular solution, makes it the ideal
systems provider for this project."

"This deployment with Pelephone builds on our global list of PoC
contracts and further demonstrates our extensive experience in working
with operators across EMEA," said Margaret Rice-Jones, corporate vice
president and general manager for Motorola's infrastructure sector in
EMEA. "PoC helps operators attract customers and enhance revenues on
their existing CDMA2000 1x and GPRS networks and provides consumers with
an ideal way to keep in touch with friends and family, making it easy,
for example, to communicate with a group at the touch of a button."

Motorola currently has 15 contracts with customers operating in 21
countries and territories worldwide, to supply PoC infrastructure
solutions for both CDMA2000 1X and GSM/GPRS networks. The contract with
Pelephone adds to recently announced deals in Asia Pacific, commercially
launched systems with major operators in North America and Latin
America, and contracts with operators in Europe and the Middle East.

Motorola's PoC solution works with General Packet Radio Service (GPRS),
Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA) 2000 1X and WiFi networks. It
combines the flexibility of mobile messaging with the ease of use of
voice, enabling mobile users to get a voice connection with another user
or group of users by simply pushing a button on their handset. In
addition, operators can help to reduce customer churn as 'buddy' groups
are established and group calling becomes widely used.
http://www.wirelessiq.info/content/newsfeed/1341.html

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar.
Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/