Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Federal Agents Raid Two Lexington Locations Of Galls Incorporated

From: NEXTEL-1
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 22:07:06 -0400

Federal Agents Raid Two Lexington Locations Of Galls Incorporated

A Lexington business that supplies military and police equipment was
raided Wednesday by federal authorities, a spokesman for the U.S.
attorney's office for Washington, D.C. said.

Several agencies executed a federal search warrants at Galls Inc. at
their corporate offices on Palumbo Drive and at the factory/showroom on
Russell Cave Road, U.S. Attorney's office spokesman Channing Phillips
said.

Agents from U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement at the Department
of Homeland Security, criminal investigators from the Commerce
Department Bureau of Industry and Security and agents from the Defense
Department Criminal Investigative Service were serving a search warrant
at the business, according to Dean Boyd, a spokesman for Immigration and
Customs Enforcement.

The three agencies typically investigate cases involving unauthorized
exports. Phillips declined to say what federal officers were looking
for, saying the search warrant was sealed.

Galls is the world's largest mail-order supplier of uniforms and
equipment to public safety professionals, according to its Web site. The
site says it distributes equipment such as night vision goggles and
bulletproof vests.

The Lexington store has been in business for 35 years. Galls has two
other locations in California, according to its Web site.
Phillips said the raid involved only the Lexington locations.

Officials at Aramark, parent company of Galls, were not immediately
available for comment. Calls to Galls in Lexington were greeted
Wednesday with a recorded message saying the company was "experiencing
technical difficulties."
Outside Galls, employee Adarrell Owsley told The Associated Press that
agents arrived about 8:30 a.m. EDT and told employees to go to one area
of the building and stay there.

Owsley said employees were not given any details about what was going
on. He said it was "a bunch of people in blue shirts."
Owsley said he was told to come back to work Thursday.

http://www.lex18.com/Global/story.asp?S=2068938&nav=EQlpP1g4

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Yahoo! Domains - Claim yours for only $14.70
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 22:19:21 -0400

Wow...... I use to buy equipment from Galls years  ago (before internet
shopping) when I could not find what I needed at Shields on the LES. With
the post 9/11 environment I guess you have got to know your buyer. They
still have a nice selection....  http://www.galls.com/
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar.
Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

 
Yahoo! Groups Links

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 22:58:34 -0400

You should have seen the prices at Shields, when you left the store you felt
like you were hit with a "Taser"........

Blake Bowers wrote:

> Nice selection, terrible prices....
>
>
> --

 
Yahoo! Groups Links

---

From: Blake Bowers <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 21:52:15 -0500

Yahoo! Groups Links