Subject: [NEXTEL-1] DBC Acquires Sizable Block of Bandwidth from Nucentrix;

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 12:46:38 -0400

July 20, 2004 10:50 AM US Eastern Timezone

DBC Acquires Sizable Block of Bandwidth from Nucentrix; FCC's New
BandPlan Positions DBC For
Substantial Growth; 50 Million Subs Targeted

SALEM, Va.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--July 20, 2004--Digital Broadcast
Corporation has recently completed a substantial acquisition of licensed
frequencies in the 2.5 to 2.7 GHz range bandwidth (MMDS/ITFS) from
Nucentrix Broadband Networks, Inc. (Pink Sheets: NCNXQ) through the
federal bankruptcy court in the northern district (Dallas) of Texas. The
frequencies cover 24 mid tier markets in Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas and
Illinois creating an additional footprint in the mid United States. The
acquisition adds another 3 million potential customers to the company's
already existing national footprint. "We are in negotiations with every
major player in the industry as a result of the passage of the FCC's new
BandPlan in the 2.5 to 2.7 GHz", says Chief Operating Officer, Gary
Nerlinger. DBC (who is the only digital wireless video provider
utilizing this bandwidth) is leasing, buying, swapping and selling from
other licensees in order to maximize the value of the new band plan. The
FCC has mandated a complete reorganization of the frequency band of the
2.5 to 2.7 GHz range across the country.  As previously reported, DBC
became a super magnet for the bandwidth due to its exclusive super high
compression ratio technology solutions, from its technology partners,
Scopus Network Technology. With the FCC's approval of the new bandwidth
it has become official.  DBC has become the only magnet for this
extremely valuable bandwidth in the new midband (7 high powered
channels) allocated solely for digital wireless television. DBC is the
only company that has exclusive rights to the patented super high ratio
compression with statistical multiplexing (30:1 effective compression)
technology which turns this bandwidth into viable and substantial
revenue source. The company is the only remaining commercial national
video provider and beneficiary of the new midband swatch of frequencies.
The admission of the FCC along with the industry that it took a total
reorganization of the bandwidth was a primary factor in allowing DBC to
launch the most superior digital wireless platform ever created. While
DBC has lined up the necessary joint venture capital financing, and
investment banking capital.  DBC can now proceed unimpeded due to the
clear path that is now provided by the new BandPlan. In fact, in his
statement of June 10, 2004, FCC Commissioner Michael J. Copps offered
these comments. "So now our ITFS/MMDS licensees can fully demonstrate to
the commission that with this stability they will build out their
systems. Many licensees are already doing incredible work in making
efficient and intensive use of the spectrum. Others are not, but now
they have the opportunity and the obligation to do so. The Wireless
Bureau of the FCC has been tasked on progress on the transition and on
the intensity of use in the bands".
While DBC will offer super bundling packages to consumers, DBC's
Business Plan makes the effective use of the new MMDS/ITFS BandPlan in
the following manner:

1. Partnerships with ITFS licensees will allow for schools to either
commence or continue delivery of educational video programming as well
as cultural and athletic events where desired;

2. Opportunity for schools to produce and obtain income from advertising
of local businesses on its channels;

3. Commitment from DBC to work with schools to provide services that
better community, including job training;

4. Creation of Student Education Employment Network (SEEN) will allow
for local businesses to advertise jobs;

5. High compression ratio will allow for greater number of channels for
schools and public access use, as well as unique video services; and

6. Ability to deploy a commercially successful video business using
fewer channels will provide revenue that can be used towards developing
these other community services.
Due to the digital wireless broadband coalition's effective 30:1
compression ratio, DBC is the only commercial, national, digital
wireless television operator providing subscribers 30 - 50% savings with
superior digital quality with Digi Pick 'em and Choose 'em with all
channels digital, HDTV, high speed wireless internet with VOIP, all
local digital channels, unique programming tailored to individual
markets and no down time due to inclement weather.
http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/index.jsp?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20040720005646&newsLang=en

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Yahoo! Domains - Claim yours for only $14.70
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/