Subject: [NEXTEL-1] The FCC and STA's...

From: NEXTEL-1
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 19:34:10 -0400

-------- Original Message --------
From: "w4vp" <[email-masked]>
Subject:  The FCC and STA's...

Perhaps someone can explain to me why the FCC will return 
applications for renewal of STA's filed more than 10 days prior to 
the expiration date. 

They referred me to rule 1.931(a) which only states that applications 
for new STA's should be filed at least 10 days in advance of the 
required date, and applications for renewals should be filed 10 days 
in advance of the expiration date.

There is nothing in the rule saying you can't apply for renewals two 
or even 6 weeks in advance, but that seems to be their position. 

And yes, I attached a justification letter for renewing these public 
safety interim licenses and gave very good reasons why they should be 
renewed. 

Am I missing something here, or is it just the bureaucracy at the 
Portals reading things into the rules?

Al Nowakowski
Telecommunications Engineer

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar.
Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/