Subject: [NEXTEL-1] [justnetnews] USDA Community Facilities Direct Loans and Grants

From: NEXTEL-1
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 11:47:42 -0400

USDA Community Facilities Direct Loans and Grants

 The United States Department of Agriculture's (USDA) Rural
 Development office administers programs designed to develop
 essential community facilities for public use in rural areas.
 These facilities include fire and rescue stations, police
 stations, jails, and other public safety services.

 There are three flexible financial tools available to rural
 communities: the Community Facilities Guaranteed Loan Program,
 the Community Facilities Direct Loan Program, and the Community
 Facilities Grant Program.

 Funds from these programs may be used by rural agencies to
 purchase equipment and services.

 This year the USDA has established a First Responder Initiative
 which will prioritize the funding of at least $100 million to
 specifically strengthen the ability of rural communities to
 respond to local emergencies. The following types of projects are
 emphasized through this initiative:

    * Fire Protection Equipment
    * Fire Station
    * Fire Trucks
    * Rescue and Ambulance Service - Equipment
    * Emergency Response Training
    * Physicians Clinic
    * Early Storm Warning System
    * County Health Department Office
    * Food Preparation Distribution Center
    * Animal Shelter – Veterinarians
    * Education Facilities for Emergency
    * Police Station
    * Police Car
    * Civil Defense Building
    * Hospital
    * Outpatient Care
    * Office Building (Health Care)
    * Migrant Health Centers
    * Communications Center
    * Mobile Communications Center

 Visit
 www.rurdev.usda.gov/rd/newsroom/2004/firstresponders2004list.html
 to see a list of loans and grants already obligated to first
 responders.

 How to Apply

 All applications are filed with the USDA Rural Development field
 offices. To find the nearest USDA Rural Development field office,
 please visit www.rurdev.usda.gov/recd_map.html or contact the
 Rural Housing Service National Office at 202-720-4323.

 -----------------------------------------------------------------