Subject: [NEXTEL-1]

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 07:34:49 GMT

the message here is clear i have heard this repeated over and over again. unfortunately one of my friends may experience some difficulties as a result of this proceeding. i left the business last year due to some ugly e-mails and telephone calls to my boss last year. not taking sides just talking. good luck to all.  

amed
no more stress for me.

-------- Original Message --------
From: Jack Daniel <[email-masked]>

cut here>>>>>

But more and more we see evidence people we have both respected may have compromised their ethics and duty to do 'the right thing'. In a lot of cases, people were simply seduced by lavish treatment by Nextel and some have been bought by promises of future employment and a few out and out bribed with thinly disguised as consulting agreements and 'grants' to the departments they manage.
I know two people that have been involved who say in private their stomach turns when they think of how this situation has evolved.... but they aren't confident enough or brave enough to talk publically about the pressure Nextel and their peers put on them to support Nextel's position. The suffer the same silent remorse as a rape victim.

Mark, I can't prove any one is on the take, but there's simply too many unexplainable situations fot this to be a 'all the cards on the table' deal.

I only want every person that supports the concensus plan to do so pout of their own due deligence, not on the recommendation of an trustred peer or out of expediency.

I pray none of our friends are involved is this thing comes unwound.  Who knows, there could be a federal investigation if anyone thinks FCC lobbying generated a tax payer dolar windfall for Nexetl.

With billions at stake anything can happen, people have been killed for much less.

If you haven't seen this, it's a VERY telling article that was posted on Nextel-1. Yes, I know you hate the gut but don't toss out the message because you don't like the messenger. (put the whole url on one line)
http://www.nytimes.com/2004/02/22/nyregion/22GIUL.html?ex=107803
0800&en=da9d5d3163d812b6&ei=5062&partner=GOOGLE

________________________________________________________________
The best thing to hit the Internet in years - Juno SpeedBand!
Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!
Only $14.95/ month - visit www.juno.com to sign up today!

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar.
Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: "marcel_rf1" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 04:46:52 -0000

Nextel's "SCAM PLAN" Influence Peddling has affected many good people 
as noted by Jack. It is a shame that very few people are ........
"confident enough or brave enough to talk publically  about the 
pressure Nextel and their peers put on them to support Nextel's 
position"

Now that a Federal Investigation is under way maybe these people will 
speak up after they are subpoenaed.
You prob made a good move by leaving the business (for now). Within 5 
years telecom will be booming once again. All of the economic metrics 
are there for our industry, it is just a matter of time.

--- In [email-masked], "amed4u@j..." <amed4u@j...> wrote:
> 
> the message here is clear i have heard this repeated over and over 
again. unfortunately one of my friends may experience some 
difficulties as a result of this proceeding. i left the business last 
year due to some ugly e-mails and telephone calls to my boss last 
year. not taking sides just talking. good luck to all.  
> From: Jack Daniel <JackDaniel@J...>
> 
> cut here>>>>>
> 
> But more and more we see evidence people we have both respected may 
have compromised their ethics and duty to do 'the right thing'. In a 
lot of cases, people were simply seduced by lavish treatment by Nextel 
and some have been bought by promises of future employment and a few 
out and out bribed with thinly disguised as consulting agreements and 
'grants' to the departments they manage.

> I know two people that have been involved who say in private their 
stomach turns when they think of how this situation has evolved.... 
but they aren't confident enough or brave enough to talk publically 
about the pressure Nextel and their peers put on them to support 
Nextel's position. The suffer the same silent remorse as a rape 
victim.
> 
> Mark, I can't prove any one is on the take, but there's simply too 
many unexplainable situations fot this to be a 'all the cards on the 
table' deal.
> 
> I only want every person that supports the concensus plan to do so 
pout of their own due deligence, not on the recommendation of an 
trustred peer or out of expediency.
> 
> I pray none of our friends are involved is this thing comes unwound. 
 Who knows, there could be a federal investigation if anyone thinks 
FCC lobbying generated a tax payer dolar windfall for Nexetl.
> If you haven't seen this, it's a VERY telling article that was 
posted on Nextel-1. Yes, I know you hate the gut but don't toss out 
the message because you don't like the messenger. (put the whole url 
on one line)

 
Yahoo! Groups Links