Subject: [NEXTEL-1] DHS addresses wireless network security

From: NEXTEL-1
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2004 20:41:47 -0000

1 DHS addresses wireless network security
By Jeffrey Silva 
July 07 13:31:00, 2004

WASHINGTON-Homeland Security Committee Chairman Christopher Cox 
(R-Calif.) later today will address the importance of l innovation to 
national security at a technology showcase on Capitol Hill, an event 
that comes on the heels of a new government report that criticizes the 
Department of Homeland Security for not securing its wireless 
networks. 

DHS' inspector general said the agency's wireless policy is 
incomplete, and its procedures do not establish a baseline for 
wireless security implementation. 

The wireless technologies included in the report include Wi-Fi, 
Bluetooth and inferred. 

On Thursday, the House Homeland Security panel will hold a hearing on 
DHS' role in coordinating preparedness exercises between government 
officials, first responders and the private sector.

http://rcrnews.com/cgi-bin/news.pl?newsId=18764

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Yahoo! Domains - Claim yours for only $14.70
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/