Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Motorola Recognized by Florida Governor Jeb Bush as 2004 Governor's Sterling Award Recipient

From: NEXTEL-1
Date: Sun, 04 Jul 2004 14:52:53 -0400

June 02, 2004

Motorola Recognized by Florida Governor Jeb Bush as 2004 Governor's
Sterling Award Recipient

TALLAHASSEE and PLANTATION, Fla., June 2 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- A
Motorola business headquartered in Plantation, Florida has been
recognized by Governor Jeb Bush, Lt. Governor Toni Jennings, and the
Florida Sterling Council as one of the four recipients of the Governor's
Sterling Award. The Motorola iDEN(R) Subscriber Group Supply Chain
Operation, which procures, manufactures and distributes state-of-the-art
mobile phones, will accept the honor at the Governor's Sterling Award
Banquet at the Orlando World Center Marriott on June 11, 2004.

"The Governor's Sterling Award recognizes this year's most prominent
institutions," said Governor Bush. "These organizations embody the
excellence associations throughout our great state demonstrate."

The Governor's Sterling Award recognizes organizations and businesses in
Florida that have successfully achieved performance superiority within
their management and operations. Each winner underwent a series of
in-depth assessments and evaluations by Sterling examiners that analyzed
productivity and organizational performance. The award is based on the
application of the Sterling Criteria for Organizational Performance
Excellence, which is in turn based on the internationally acclaimed
Baldrige Criteria for Performance Excellence. The Governor's Sterling
Award is recognized as the preeminent state award process in the
nation.  "Motorola is proud to be recognized for its quality and
customer satisfaction bestowed by this highest statewide award," said
Rey More, senior vice president and general manager, Motorola's iDEN
Subscriber Group. "This award symbolizes the commitment to quality that
our Supply Chain Operation's employees have ac
hieved."
About the Florida Sterling Council
Established in 1992, the Florida Sterling Council is a public/private
not-for-profit organization supported by the Executive Office of the
Governor. Sterling's Annual Conference is exclusively designed to teach
participants how to achieve performance excellence and increase
productivity. More than 1,000 executives and professionals gather at
this event for a one-stop source for education, information, and
inspiration.  The Conference concludes with the recognition of best
practices, the Team Showcase Champion, and presentation of the
Governor's Sterling Awards. For more information on the Florida Sterling
Council, contact Dione Geiger at (850) 922-5316.  For other information
visit the website at http://www.floridasterling.com/ .

About Motorola's iDEN Subscriber Group

Motorola's iDEN handsets combine the capabilities of a digital wireless
phone with "always on" Internet access, text pager, and two-way radio to
enable users to instantly communicate with one or many individuals at
the push of a button. For further information on iDEN handsets, visit
http://www.motorola.com/iden .

About Motorola
Motorola, Inc. is a global leader in wireless, broadband and automotive
communications technologies that help make life smarter, safer, simpler,
synchronized and fun. Sales in 2003 were U.S. $27.1 billion. Motorola
creates innovative technological solutions that benefit people at home,
at work and on the move. The company also is a progressive corporate
citizen dedicated to operating ethically, protecting the environment and
supporting the communities in which it does business. For more
information please visit: http://www.motorola.com/ .  MOTOROLA and the
Stylized M Logo are registered in the US Patent & Trademark Office. All
other product or service names are the property of their respective
owners.

Photo: NewsCom:
http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20020307/MOTLOGOhttp://www.newscom.com/cgi-b

in/prnh/20020415/MOTNOTAGLOGOAP Archive: http://photoarchive.ap.org/PRN
Photo Desk,
+1-888-776-6555 or +1-212-782-2840

http://www.tmcnet.com/usubmit/2004/Jun/1045067.htm

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Yahoo! Domains - Claim yours for only $14.70
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/