Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Axeda to Provide Software Systems to SAIC Public Safety Integration Center

From: NEXTEL-1
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 20:46:01 -0400

Axeda to Provide Software Systems to SAIC Public Safety Integration
Center

MANSFIELD, Mass., July 20 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Axeda Systems Inc.
(Nasdaq: XEDA), the world's leading provider of device relationship
management (DRM) software and services, today announced it has installed
Axeda(R) DRM(TM) at Science Applications International Corporation's
(SAIC) Public Safety Integration Center (PSIC).
SAIC's PSIC is a testing and demonstration facility that is used to
illustrate the successful integration of capabilities and expertise from
SAIC with vendors, service providers, and the federal government to suit
specific customer needs.  Presented with scenarios tailored to PSIC
visitors' requirements in the areas of homeland security, homeland
defense, and national security, PSIC staff demonstrates various
integrated solutions to suit visitors' needs in areas that include
policy, enterprise architecture, systems engineering, information
technology, training and prevention.  "We're excited to be a part of
SAIC's vital network to ensure that those responsible for public safety
have the integrated systems and resources they need to make certain that
security devices are running at optimum," said Robert M. Russell Jr.,
chairman and chief executive officer of Axeda Systems.  The overwhelming
task of securing the country is providing opportunities for companies
like Axeda Systems to offer their proven software solutions to assist in
securing the nation. Axeda's established success in managing similarly
complex devices in high security environments such as hospitals and
laboratories, where accuracy and reliability is of critical importance,
can benefit the security industry. At both airports and seaports, there
is a compelling need to consolidate the vast number of different
security devices, dispersed across the country, into a unified support
system that can improve the efficiency of security screening through
proactive monitoring.  In addition to working with SAIC to present the
Axeda DRM system to its federal government, corporate and international
customers, the PSIC installation provides Axeda with a Washington, D.C.,
area test lab and the ability to verify the system's compatibility with
those of other leading manufacturers.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar.
Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/