Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Re: Latest Verizon letter to FCC's Powell re 02-55 800 Mhz proceeding

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2004 12:50:32 -0400

Where did Bill say: "Mr. Barr would prefer Nextel not receive ANY spectrum
(1.9 OR 2.1)?"

What he did say: " between Nextel's proposal and the CTIA Compromise by
which 2.1 Ghz would be sold to Nextel we obviously prefer that latter."

I  missed where he say:  VZ "would not contest the matter (sue the FCC)
should the FCC decide to give Nextel 2.1 GHz."

Bill said:  "However, I consistently been of the view that congress must
resolve this matter and the FCC would violate the law if it were to proceed
with Either Plan."

Reading HIS letter I don't see what you said. Don't confuse past letters of
"support" with "will not contest", until it is in black and white making
assumptions just confuses the situation further. This is a fast moving game
that is changing by the hour.

WILLIAM P. BARR is one of the masters of legal ease. He is not your
"Run-Of-The-Mill"  Land Mobile Lawyer. His carefully crafted letter speaks
concisely and clearly on VZ's position. Reading between the lines will not
work.  He has just taken this proceeding to another level. I'm sure the
attorneys here recognize this previously successful strategy. A similar
strategy was successfully  used  in United States v. Nextel
Communications.  Look for Cingular and CTIA to jump in for some
Tag-Team-Tactics.

Barr using ADA and MRA just Uped the Antee...........

For those who don't know-

WILLIAM P. BARR-

   * Attorney General under President George Bush from 1991 to1993.

   * White House Domestic Policy Staffer under President Reagan.

   * Department of Justice- Assistant Attorney General in charge of the
     Office of Legal Counsel in 1989

   * Deputy Attorney General before his appointment as Attorney General in
     November 1991.

   * Central Intelligence Agency - Analyst and later Assistant Legislative
     Counsel.

   * U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia  Circuit.- Law
     Clerk.

Hmmm, Bush Admin, Attorney General, White House Staffer, U.S. Court of
Appeals, CIA.......... Does he know God?

And that is just his Govt work......

Looks like he has Locked Up a few people too.....

"As Attorney General, Barr established innovative programs to combat
violent crime and set significant new enforcement policies in a wide range
of areas, including financial institutions, civil rights and antitrust
merger guidelines."

Nextel has ran out and hired nextel buddy Dick Thornburgh (Dick was the
Bankruptcy examiner who approved nextel's purchase of MCI's assests) to
rubber stamp  the "SCAM PLAN".

Nick Ruark wrote:

> Mike,
>
> I'm not an attorney, but I don't believe there would be any legal
> difference. Politically, however, it's an entirely different matter
> (as it usually is when one speaks politically). Mr. Barr would prefer
> Nextel not recieve ANY spectrum (1.9 OR 2.1), but, strangely, would
> not contest the matter (sue the FCC) should the FCC decide to give
> Nextel 2.1 GHz. If it's 1.9 GHz, though, everything suddenly changes
> and the lawyers get to earn their keep. You'll have to ask Mr. Barr
> why this is...
>
> Nick
>
>
> --- In [email-masked],
> "mikeceleski" <mikeceleski@y...> wrote:
>
> > Maybe the answer is further down in this letter than I read.
> >
> > But why would it be criminal for the FCC to award the 1.9 GHz
> > frequencies to Nextel, but it would be oaky to award them the
> > 2.1 GHz frequencies in the CTIA's compromise plan as Mr. Barr,
> > in his first paragraph, says Verizon would prefer?
> >
> >
> > --- In [email-masked],
> > >
> > >
> > > ....some rather interesting information in this one
> > >
> > > http://svartifoss2.fcc.gov/prod/ecfs/retrieve.cgi?\
> > > native_or_pdf=pdf&id_document=6516282241