Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Kennard Leaves His Nextel Office To Speak At COVITS

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 15:36:04 -0400

Leaders from Industry, Government,
Academia and Media to Speak at COVITS
2004

Jul 26, 2004

Virginia Secretary of Technology George Newstrom on Thursday (July 22)
announced the complete program for the Commonwealth of Virginia
Information Technology Symposium (COVITS 2004), which is slated for
Sept.  26-28 at the Norfolk Waterside Marriott in Norfolk. COVITS, now
in its sixth year, is expected to attract more than 1,000 executives
from industry, academia and government. Newstrom hosts the event on
behalf of Gov. Mark Warner (D-Va.).

"This year's COVITS Advisory Committee, which consists of corporations,
civic organizations, and academic institutions, was challenged to plan a
program that exceeded the extremely successful event held last year in
Roanoke," Newstrom said. "I am delighted to announce that the Hampton
Roads community and our sponsors and supporting organizations have met
that challenge and developed a program rich in content and substance."
COVITS speakers will include:

Madeleine Albright, former U.S. Secretary of State;
Tom Brokaw, NBC News;
Ed Burns, Public Sector President, CIBER Inc.
Jonathan Crane, executive vice president of Corporate Development and
Chief Strategy Officer, MCI Kevin J. Fitzgerald, Senior Vice President,
Oracle Corporation Adm. Edmund P. Giambastiani, Joint Forces Command,
USJCOM Serge Godin, Chairman and CEO, CGI Albert Hitchcock, CIO, Nortel
Networks Corporation William Kennard, managing director, The Carlyle
Group, former Chairman, FCC Paul Lacouture, president, Network Services,
Verizon Scott McNealy, CEO, Sun Microsystems James R. O'Neill,
president, Northrop Grumman Information Technology Roseann Runte,
president, Old Dominion University Ron Salluzzo, senior vice president -
State, Local and Higher Education, BearingPoint Philip Shucet,
Commissioner of Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT)
Lemuel Stewart, CIO, Commonwealth of Virginia, VITA
Curtis Tearte, IBM General Manager, Global Public Sector
John Thompson, CEO and chairman, Symantec Corporation
Maggie Wilderotter, senior vice president, Worldwide Public Sector,
Microsoft

For more information, call 703-442-9329 or visit http://www.covits.org.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Yahoo! Domains - Claim yours for only $14.70
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/