Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Stop FCC - Free Speech Campaign Petition First Amendment Rights - Stop the FCC.

From: NEXTEL-1
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2004 18:43:11 -0400

http://www.stopfcc.com/

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Yahoo! Domains - Claim yours for only $14.70
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 
StopFCC.Com

The campaign for free speech.

State

Signatures

CA

28782

FL

19461

TX

18950

NY

18472

PA

14415

NJ

11528

OH

11393

WA

10083

MI

8156

MA

7214

IL

6413

AZ

4597

CT

3999

MD

3860

OR

3608

VA

3407

UT

3361

NV

2551

MO

2450

NM

2147

IN

2089

GA

1926

KY

1726

VT

1633

NC

1452

TN

1433

CO

1281

WI

1191

RI

1181

NH

1129

SC

1098

MN

1087

KS

915

DE

897

IA

724

LA

630

OK

602

AL

504

AR

411

WV

409

ME

381

DC

317

NE

308

ID

289

MS

281

HI

225

AK

207

MT

166

ND

125

SD

116

WY

77

PR

69

GU

24

Fed up with the government deciding what you can watch, read and listen to? Sign the Petition!
In addition to tighter definitions of "indecency" and higher fines for broadcasters [ Read News ], the FCC is also talking about regulating cable and satellite broadcasts [ Read News ].
Click here to read a message from the author of StopFCC.com
Help us get 1 million signatures. Tell your friends about StopFCC.Com. If you run a website or have a blog, post the link. If you are active in message boards, post the link. If you are a member of the media, mention the link. Call radio stations and get the URL on the air... however you do it, get the word out - together we can make a difference.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

-The First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution

The last 5 people to sign the petition:

Jessica Vasta from South boston, MA (July 2nd at 06:40PM)

William Fairchild from Clearwater, FL (July 2nd at 06:36PM)

Jennifer Moore from Lancaster, NY (July 2nd at 06:30PM)

Nancy Schaaf from Clinton, WA (July 2nd at 06:28PM)

Robert Osborne from Marina Del Rey, CA (July 2nd at 06:28PM)

There are currently 209,751 signatures.

[ 216 new signatures in the last 24 hours ]

Enter the first 3 digits of a zip code to check the number of signatures:

Send An Instant FAX To Your Senators
Use the ACLU's "send an instant FAX to you Senator"
web page!
Enter Your Zip Code:

Want to link to us? Banners, Buttons and Graphics

Please Help: This project is getting very expensive for me to run.
We have set up a PayPal account to accept donations.
If you can donate any amount (even $1) to help, please click the button below.

SIGN THE PETITION FOR FREE SPEECH

We the undersigned pledge our support for freedom of speech and expression on our airwaves, print, the Internet, broadcast, cable and satellite.

While we realize that the government has an obligation to protect our children, surely there needs to be a limit to what is regulated. Adults and parents are capable of making decisions about what to watch, read or listen to and are certainly capable of turning off or putting down anything that may offend them or their children.

As voting citizens, we ask our elected officials to consider your actions in attempting to further regulate television, radio, cable, satellite, print and Internet content.

We consider further censorship attempts to be unconstitutional and we will fight these actions by voting for a politician who cares about our rights as Americans.

First Name

Last Name

City

State

______________________________ ALASKA ALABAMA ARKANSAS ARIZONA CALIFORNIA COLORADO CONNECTICUT DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA DELAWARE FLORIDA GEORGIA GUAM HAWAII IOWA IDAHO ILLINOIS INDIANA KANSAS KENTUCKY LOUISIANA MASSACHUSETTS MARYLAND MAINE MICHIGAN MINNESOTA MISSOURI MISSISSIPPI MONTANA NORTH CAROLINA NORTH DAKOTA NEBRASKA NEW HAMPSHIRE NEW JERSEY NEW MEXICO NEVADA NEW YORK OHIO OKLAHOMA OREGON PENNSYLVANIA PUERTO RICO RHODE ISLAND SOUTH CAROLINA SOUTH DAKOTA TENNESSEE TEXAS UTAH VIRGINIA VERMONT WASHINGTON WISCONSIN WEST VIRGINIA WYOMING

Zip Code

E-Mail
(For verification only - not shown)

Type your full name as a substitute for your real signature.
This will serve as your "e-signature".

This site was launched on March 5, 2004.

Privacy Notice: We will not sell your name or spam you, ever.
We may send you emails about the campaign,
but you can always ask us to stop sending those.
Privacy is just as important as free speech!

Copyright 2004 StopFCC.Com, All Rights Reserved.
E-Mail Us: webmaster -at- stopfcc.com

Legal representation provided by Lawrence Walters, Esq. [ FirstAmendment.Com ]