Subject: [NEXTEL-1] A Network Interference Service Model for Wireless Networks

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 04 Jul 2004 15:41:26 -0400

A Network Interference Service Model for Wireless Networks
Ritabrata Roy, Siun-Chuon Mau, Roy Yates
February 2004

Abstract
Taking cue from the role of a Domain Name Server (DNS) in the context of
the wired Internet, this paper
proposes a Network Interference Service (NIS) model capable of providing
information about the neighborhood
of a wireless node. All nodes within the network that partake of this
directory service provide a log of their
transmission pattern to the NIS through reliable control channels. A
wireless node can request neighborhood
information by sending a record of its received signals, and the NIS
correlates this sequence of attenuated
signal strengths with the uncorrupted data received by itself. The set
of linear equations thus set up is solved
to estimate the channel coecients, and hence the “radio distance”
between nodes. A simple simulation was
performed for an 802.11b network, and the channel coecients were
estimated to a high degree of accuracy.
The problem is then reformulated in vector notation and a least–squares
estimate for the channel coecients
is obtained.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar.
Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/