Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Calypso Wireless Expands Base

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 08:21:17 -0400

Calypso Wireless Expands Base
Source: PrimeZone Media Network
Publication date: 2004-07-13

MIAMI LAKES, Fla., July 13, 2004 (PRIMEZONE) -- Calypso Wireless, Inc.
(Pink Sheets:CLYW) announced it is on track to conduct initial field
trials of handheld wireless devices using its patented ASNAP(tm) during
the fourth quarter of this year. Toward that end Calypso announced it
has hired additional staff for their Ohio based Research and Development
facility. This supports the development of software, and assists in
hardware deployment for upcoming field trials. The recently hired
engineers, Doug J.  Batey and Geoffrey M. Suicer bring more than 35
years of combined expertise covering hardware design of
microprocessor-based cellular telephones, PDAs and wireless-design
platform, SD/MMC cards, PCMCIA cards, wireless 802.11 devices, Bluetooth
modules as well as project management from analysis, design and
documentation to implementation.  Mr. Batey and Mr. Suicer are assigned
to R&D and are preparing for the installation of Calypso's patented
ASNAP(tm) technology into the handsets. "Bringing additional help on
board at this time is just plain good strategy," said Mike Stocker, V.P.
of R&D. This supports Calypso's business plan objective of delivering
handsets for field trials during the 4th quarter 2004. Calypso reports
it currently has twelve field-trial contracts backed by pertinent
non-disclosure agreements.
"The appointment of the new team members is key to completing the
installation of our patented ASNAP(tm) technology into our prototype
handsets for the timely deployment for field trials," said Robert Leon,
CTO for Calypso Wireless, Inc.
Calypso also announced the appointment of a veteran sales and marketing
executive.
Stanford Milnes Vice President of Sales for the Asia Pacific

Mr. Milnes will be an integral part of the management team with a focus
on expanding Calypso's opportunities throughout the Asia Pacific region
and selected US targets. He brings over 25 years of technological sales,
expansion and start-up background with solid experience in the wireless
arena. He has served as an international consultant to a number of tech
companies and as senior vice president of International sales at
Scoreboard, Inc., where he developed the sales and distribution
organization and established a global market presence.

"Stan's sales experience in the telecommunications industry will be
essential as we expand both domestically and internationally," said
Alfredo Sarrazin, V.P. of Sales and Business Development.

In further development, World Business Review invited Calypso Wireless
back for a 15-minute studio interview with Gen. Alexander Haig and
Matthew Flanigan, president of the Telecommunications Industry
Association. The show will air on July 23 -- 24; for a distribution
report and viewing in your area click:
http://www.calypsowireless.com/index.cfm?currentPage=documents/content/news/WBR/presentation.htm

About Calypso Wireless, Inc.

Calypso Wireless proprietary technology covers the convergence of
Cellular and WLAN or any future new technologies developed for local
switching connectivity. Calypso's technology enables the wireless device
to automatically and seamlessly switch between cellular towers and WLAN
(such as Wi-Fi) access points. ASNAP is an acronym for Automatic
Switching of Network Access Points.

Calypso's ASNAP(tm) technology powered mobile devices provide the
ability to seamlessly switch from a cellular tower WAN to a Wi-Fi LAN.
The technology provides strong consumer market value while providing the
ISP/WLAN owner new revenue streams and providing the mobile operator the
ability to increase the number of subscribers with little or no impact
on the cellular capacity requirements. This technology provides the
basis for producing additional services such as real-time video
conferencing while improving the overall quality of service. Calypso
Wireless was founded in 1999.

CONTACT: Calypso Wireless Inc. George Schilling (305) 828-3418
[email-masked] http://www.calypsowireless.com
Copyright © 2004 PrimeZone Media Network, Inc.
Publication date: 2004-07-13

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar.
Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/