Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Nokia's TETRA System Selected for the Paris Metro

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 08:07:40 -0400

Nokia's TETRA System Selected for the Paris Metro

ESPOO, Finland, July 22 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- The Parisian public
transport agency (RATP), one of the world's largest, will upgrade its
private mobile radio network with digital TETRA technology from Nokia.
RATP has awarded the contract for its network modernization to Alcatel,
which will deploy Nokia TETRA equipment to cover Paris' extensive Metro,
express line and bus system.

The project is scheduled to be completed in 2007 and will ensure
improved performance of the transport network in terms of efficiency,
continuity of services and security.

The TETRA network to be deployed by Alcatel comprises six Nokia TETRA
switches and around 500 TETRA base stations, as well as operator
consoles developed by Alcatel using Nokia's open interfaces, and
Alcatel's mass transit-specific applications. The network will enable
mobile voice and data connectivity for over 10,000 personnel including
bus, express-line and metro conductors, as well as maintenance crews and
security personnel.  "TETRA as an open standard brings the benefit of
competition in the market place. We are glad to have been able to
provide the most suitable solution for RATP and Alcatel," says Hans
Holmberg, Vice President, TETRA Sales and Marketing, Nokia. "Again, our
Nokia TETRA solution has also proven its ease of integration. And the
RATP users will be certain to benefit from the many secure solutions in
our TETRA system".  Nokia is the world leader in mobile communications,
driving the growth and sustainability of the broader mobility industry.
Nokia is dedicated to enhancing people's lives and productivity by
providing easy-to-use and innovative products like mobile phones, and
solutions for imaging, games, media, mobile network operators and
businesses. Nokia is a broadly held company with listings on five major
exchanges.

http://www.nokia.com/tetra
http://www.nokia.com

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar.
Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/