Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Bush to give Gallagher recess appt. to NTIA

From: NEXTEL-1
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2004 13:38:03 -0400

Bush to give Gallagher recess appt. to NTIA
July 06 12:49:00, 2004

WASHINGTON—President Bush said he intends to give a recess appointment
to Michael Gallagher to be director of the
National Telecommunications and Information Administration.

Gallagher currently is acting head NTIA, a Commerce Department unit that
advises the president on telecom policy and
manages federal government spectrum.

After being named to head the agency last fall and approved by the
Senate Commerce Committee, Gallagher saw his nomination blocked by Sen.
Trent Lott (R-Miss.) over a dispute with the Bush administration
involving a government research grant.

A recess appointment would make Gallagher NTIA administrator until the
end of this session of Congress.
http://rcrnews.com/cgi-bin/news.pl?newsId=739

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar.
Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/