Subject: [NEXTEL-1] RELM Again Rejects Wireless Age Communications' Unsolicited Proposal

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 07:54:51 -0400

RELM Again Rejects Wireless Age Communications' Unsolicited Proposal

WEST MELBOURNE, Fla., July 26 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- RELM Wireless
Corporation (OTC Bulletin Board: RELM) today announced that at a meeting
today its Board of Directors again unanimously rejected the unsolicited
stock-for-stock merger proposal of Wireless Age Communications, Inc.  On
July 20, 2004, RELM's Board of Directors unanimously rejected Wireless
Age Communications' unsolicited proposal that the Company initially
received on July 16, 2004.  Wireless Age Communications resubmitted its
proposal on July 22, 2004.  George N. Benjamin, III, chairman of RELM,
stated: "Our Board of Directors has again considered Wireless Age
Communications' proposal and unanimously rejected it, concluding that it
is not in the best interests of RELM and its shareholders and other
stakeholders.  We continue to believe that the interests of RELM and its
shareholders and other stakeholders will be best served by the Company
remaining independent and pursuing the strategy already in place for
enhancing future growth and profitability.  To that end, we are
unremittingly committed to protecting the interests of RELM and its
shareholders and other stakeholders."

Following is the text of a letter sent by the chairman of RELM to John
Simmonds, chief executive officer of Wireless Age Communications,
following the board's unanimous decision to once more reject Wireless
Age Communications' unsolicited stock-for-stock merger proposal:

July 26, 2004

Mr. John Simmonds
Chief Executive Officer
Wireless Age Communications, Inc.
13980 Jane Street
King City, Ontario, L7B 1A3, Canada

Dear Mr. Simmonds:
Please be advised that the Board of Directors of RELM Wireless
Corporation has again unanimously rejected the unsolicited
stock-for-stock merger proposal of Wireless Age Communications, Inc.

We have concluded once more that the interests of RELM and its
shareholders and other stakeholders will be best served by the Company
remaining independent and pursuing the strategy already in place for
enhancing future growth and profitability.  To that end, we are
unremittingly committed to protecting the interests of RELM and its
shareholders and other stakeholders.
RELM neither sought nor invited nor welcomes Wireless Age
Communications' overtures.  As such, we do not intend to respond to any
further overtures.  To reiterate, RELM is not for sale.

Sincerely,
George N. Benjamin, III
Chairman of the Board

For more than 55 years, RELM Wireless Corp. has manufactured and
marketed high-specification two-way communications equipment for use by
public safety professionals and government agencies, as well as
business-band radios for use in a wide range of commercial and
industrial applications.  Revolutionary advances include new low-cost
digital portable two-way radios compliant with APCO Project 25 technical
specifications. Products are manufactured and distributed worldwide
under BK Radio, RELM and Uniden PRC brand names. The company maintains
its headquarters in West Melbourne, Florida and can be contacted through
its web site at http://www.relm.com or directly at 1-800-821-2900.

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/07-26-2004/0002218297&EDATE=

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar.
Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/