Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Brookline Police Department Upgrades to BIO-key's PocketCop(R) and Verizon's CDMA for Advanced Wireless Network Solutions

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 08:06:02 -0400

Brookline Police Department Upgrades to BIO-key's PocketCop(R) and
Verizon's CDMA for Advanced
Wireless Network Solutions

Deployment of PocketCop and CDMA Network Opens New Opportunities

MINNEAPOLIS, July 13 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- BIO-key International,
Inc.  (OTC Bulletin Board: BKYI), the leader in finger-based biometric
identification and wireless public safety solutions, announced that the
Brookline Police Department has upgraded their wireless network,
selecting the BIO-key PocketCop(R) application to work with Verizon's
CDMA wireless network.  PocketCop's software will be placed on laptops
and PDAs throughout the department giving law enforcement officers in
the field immediate access to federal, state and local records.

"We are excited about combining PocketCop's accessibility to criminal,
want and warrant records with the high-speed CDMA capability of
Verizon," said Officer Scott Wilder, IT Director for the Brookline
Police Department. With this combination of speed and accuracy, the
Brookline Police Department continues to equip its officers with
state-of-the-art technology and provide officers real-time access to
driver and vehicle information, including digital driver photos. With
the adoption of CDMA, advanced applications such as remote fingerprint
identification, imaging, AVL (Automatic Vehicle Location), and GPS
(Global Positioning Systems) are a reality.

"Working on Verizon's CDMA technology also opens new opportunities for
BIO-key," said Don Nagle, VP/General Manager of BIO-key's Public Safety
Division. The FCC has ruled that all public safety organizations that
are using CDPD (Cellular Digital Packet Data) technology must move to 3G
technology by June 2005. BIO-Key's Public Safety Division has over 70
customers in Massachusetts, including the Massachusetts State Police,
Logan Airport, Boston Police and Springfield Police.
"We believe this deployment takes law enforcement to the next generation
of security.  On the street, speed and accuracy are critical in
identifying potential suspects. The use of biometrics and wireless
high-speed access will be a cornerstone of homeland security," said CEO,
Michael DePasquale, of BIO-key International.

About BIO-key

BIO-key develops and licenses advanced biometric finger identification
technologies that are cost-effective, scalable and easy to deploy.
BIO-key products provide "True User Identification(TM)" for the
prevention of data, identity theft and false aliases. BIO-key pioneered
the only finger identification algorithm that has been certified by the
ICSA and today continues that innovation by offering high-performance,
one-to-many finger and one-to-one identification solutions that provide
positive identification and security for government and enterprise
applications.  Through its Public Safety Division, BIO-key designs and
develops software solutions for the public safety industry, government
agencies and the private sector. PSG's PocketCop(C), the first e-tool on
the market for law enforcement, is designed for all types of law
enforcement units -- from detectives to motorcycle officers to mounted
horse patrols.  ( http://www.bio-key.com )

About Verizon

Dow 30 company Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ) is one of the world's
leading providers of communications services, with approximately $68
billion in annual revenues. Verizon companies are the largest providers
of wireline and wireless communications in the United States. Verizon is
also the largest directory publisher in the world, as measured by
directory titles and circulation. Verizon's international presence
includes wireline and wireless communications operations and
investments, primarily in the Americas and Europe. For more information,
visit http://www.verizon.com .
BIO-key Safe Harbor Statement

This news release contains forward-looking statements that are subject
to certain risks and uncertainties that may cause actual results to
differ materially from those projected on the basis of these statements.
The words "estimate," "project," "intends," "expects," "believes" and
similar expressions are intended to identify forward-looking statements.
Such forward-looking statements are made based on management's beliefs,
as well as assumptions made by, and information currently available to,
management pursuant to the "safe-harbor" provisions of the Private
Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. For a more complete
description of these and other risk factors that may affect the future
performance of BIO-key International, see "Risk Factors" in the
Company's Annual Report on Form 10-KSB and its other filings with the
Securities and Exchange Commission. Readers are cautioned not to place
undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as
of the date made.  The Company also undertakes no obligation to disclose
any revision to these forward-looking statements to reflect events or
circumstances after the date made or to reflect the occurrence of
unanticipated events.

For more information contact:
Albert Maruggi
612-325-8126
[email-masked]

SOURCE BIO-key International, Inc.
Web Site: http://www.bio-key.com http://www.verizon.com
http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/07-13-2004/0002208950&EDATE=

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar.
Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/