Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Wireless Facilities, Inc. Tops List of Wireless Infrastructure Providers Selected for State of Maryland Project

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 22:41:12 -0400

Wireless Facilities, Inc. Tops List of Wireless Infrastructure Providers
Selected for State of Maryland Project

Company is Top Pick for Multi-Year, Multi-Site Government Contract

SAN DIEGO, July 15 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Wireless Facilities, Inc.
(Nasdaq: WFII), a global leader in the design, deployment and management
of wireless communication networks, technology networks and security
systems, today announced that it has been awarded a contract with a
total potential value of $25 million by the State of Maryland for
wireless communications infrastructure.  This multi-year contract
includes a three year base period and two one-year extension options.
Approved by the State of Maryland's Board of Public Works, the contract
includes multiple site deployments in multiple locations throughout the
state of Maryland.  Work is scheduled to begin in late 2004.  Further
terms of the award were not disclosed.  Among the six vendors selected
to be eligible to receive work under the contract, WFI ranked first
based on its technical expertise, favorable business model, and relevant
government experience.  The Company will design and deploy communication
networks in accordance with the State's specifications.

"We are delighted to be at the top of Maryland's list," said Eric M.
DeMarco, President and CEO of WFI.  "The Maryland contract win
highlights WFI's extensive capabilities in RF engineering, network
management and site deployment, coupled with our vast experience
managing large government contracts.  The synergy derived from the
combined talent in our Wireless Network Division and our Government
Services Division is remarkable, and continues to create valuable new
opportunities such as the Maryland Project."

About Wireless Facilities
Headquartered in San Diego, CA, Wireless Facilities, Inc. is an
independent provider of systems engineering, network services and
technical outsourcing for the world's largest wireless carriers,
enterprise customers and for government agencies.  The company provides
the design, deployment, integration, and the overall management of wired
and wireless networks which deliver voice and data communication, and
which support advanced security systems.  WFI has performed work in over
100 countries since its founding in 1994.  News and information are
available at http://www.wfinet.com.
http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/07-15-2004/0002210854&EDATE=

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar.
Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/