Subject: [NEXTEL-1] ICOM to FCC:- Reallocate unused spectrum at 150 MHz

From: NEXTEL-1
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 14:12:06 -0400

ICOM to FCC:- Reallocate unused spectrum at 150 MHz

IWCE/MRT, Jul 16 2004

ICOM America recently filed a petition with the Federal
Communications Commission urging the FCC to reallocate
unused spectrum at 150 MHz for public-safety applications.

The company said the unused spectrum currently is allocated
to the paging industry, which is becoming obsolete due to
advances in personal wireless communications.

As evidence, ICOM pointed to two 150 MHz auctions conducted
by the FCC, during which 1700 licenses failed to be purchased,
even though they could have been had for as little as $350 each,
according to the company.

“Clearly there is not enough demand in the paging industry, and this
bandwidth will remain vacant,” ICOM Vice President Chris Lougee
said in a statement. “Meanwhile, as the population spreads and
increases in outlying areas, there is not enough bandwidth allocated
for public safety, which presents a risk to the population and
frustration
to those charged with protecting people.”

© 2004, Primedia Business Magazines and Media, a PRIMEDIA company.

All rights reserved.
http://iwce-mrt.com/ar/radio_icom_fcc_reallocate/index.htm

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar.
Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/