Subject: [NEXTEL-1] FCC RECEIVES REQUEST BY ANALOG TELEVISION STATION IN THE LOWER 700 MHZ BAND TO CEASE ANALOG BROADCASTING

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2004 09:07:48 -0400

PUBLIC NOTICE
Federal Communications Commission

Released: July 15, 2004

MEDIA BUREAU RECEIVES REQUEST BY ANALOG TELEVISION STATION IN
THE LOWER 700 MHZ BAND TO CEASE ANALOG BROADCASTING,
SURRENDER NTSC LICENSE, AND OPERATE AS A SINGLE CHANNEL,
DIGITAL-ONLY TELEVISION STATION

In its Report and Order in GN Docket No. 01-74, the Commission adopted
the reallocation of the 598-746 MHz Spectrum Band (television channels
52-59) from use by television broadcasters to new uses on a flexible
basis.1 The Commission also stated that it would consider requests by
incumbent broadcasters on channels 52-58 to voluntarily vacate their
NTSC channels prior to the end of the DTV transition on a case-by-case
basis.2 The Media Bureau has received a request from KJLA, LLC, the
licensee of analog television station KJLA(TV), NTSC Channel 57,
Ventura, California, and permittee of digital television station
KJLA-DT, DTV Channel 49, Ventura, California,3 for Commission authority
to: (i) cease analog broadcasting on NTSC Channel 57 and surrender its
license for the channel prior to the end of the DTV transition; and (ii)
thereafter operate KJLA-DT as a single channel, digital-only television
station on DTV Channel 49. This request is available for inspection at
the Commission’s Reference Center, 445 Twelfth Street, S.W., Room
CYA257, Washington, D.C. 20554.
For further information, contact Shaun Maher of the Media Bureau, Video
Division at (202)

418-2324.

By: Chief, Media Bureau

-FCC-

1 See Reallocation and Service Rules for the 698-746 MHz Spectrum Band
(Television Channels 52-59), 17 FCC
Rcd 1022 (2002).
2 Id. at 1095-96.
3 Facility ID 14000.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar.
Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/