Subject: [NEXTEL-1] FCC ANNOUNCES INCREASE IN APPLICATION FEES

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2004 15:08:59 -0400

DA
04-2035                                                                                                  
July 8, 2004

FCC ANNOUNCES INCREASE IN APPLICATION FEES

Effective August 10, 2004, application fees for licensees and permittees
will increase to reflect the change in the Consumer Price Index-Urban
(CPI-U).

Section 8(b) of the Communications Act of 1934, as amended in the
Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1989, requires cost-of-living
adjustments to the application fee schedule every two years after
October 1, 1991.  Increases in the dollar amount of all Section 8
application fees are based on the percentage change in the CPI-U from
the date of enactment of the legislation.  The new Schedule of
Application Fees reflects the net change in the CPI-U of 7 percent,
calculated from October 2001 (the last adjustment) through October 2003
in accordance with Section 1.1115 of Part 1 of the Commission's Rules.

Wireless Telecommunications Services application fees that have an
associated regulatory fee that must be paid at the time of application
filing are noted by an asterisk in the Schedule.  Please refer to the
Wireless Telecommunications Bureau Fee Filing Guide (dated August 2004)
for the total fee that is due for these specific services.

In addition, in accordance with the Debt Collection Improvement Act
(DCIA), the Commission will begin withholding action on applications and
other requests for benefits upon discovery that the entity applying for
or seeking benefits is delinquent in its non-tax debts owed to the
Commission, and dismiss such applications or requests if the delinquent
debt is not resolved.  Our application fee rules have been amended to
state that we will withhold action on applications or other requests for
benefits by delinquent debtors and ultimately dismiss those applications
or other requests if payment of the delinquent debt is not made or
satisfactory arrangements for payment are not made.  Those rule
amendments are effective October 1, 2004.
A copy of all fee filing guides for each of the Bureaus/Offices who have
feeable services may be obtained on the Internet at www.fcc.gov.  Once
you have located the webpage then click on "Fees".  Copies may also be
obtained by calling Forms Distribution at (202) 418-3676, toll free by
calling 1-800-418-3676, or by calling Commission's fax-on-demand at
(202) 418-0177 from the handset of a fax machine.
All revenues generated by Section 8 Application Fees are deposited in
the General Fund of the United States Treasury.

For additional information concerning the new Schedule of Section 8
Application Fees, please contact Claudette Pride at (202) 418-1996.

http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-04-2035A1.doc

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Yahoo! Domains - Claim yours for only $14.70
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/