Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Kenwood plans P25 VHF radios

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 01:02:01 -0400

Kenwood plans P25 VHF radios

By Glenn Bischoff

IWCE/MRT, Jun 16 2004

Print-friendly format
E-mail this information

TAMPA, Fla.--Kenwood Communications said during the National Emergency
Number Association trade show and conference that it plans to introduce
Project 25-compliant VHF portable and mobile radios. Portable handsets
are slated for October 2004 delivery, while mobile radios are scheduled
to be available in first quarter 2005.

Three types of portable handsets will be available: a non-keypad,
no-display version, a version with keypad and full display; and an
assignable four-button version with full display. Each handset offers
512 channels, FM analog and P25 digital (conventional and trunked)
capability and operates over the full spectrum range from 136 MHz to 174
MHz.

The mobile radios will be based on the same platform as Kenwood’s 90
Series radio, according to Barry Morris, public-safety sales manager.
"For public-safety agencies operating a conventional system now using
Kenwood 90 Series radios, the migration to the Project 25 offering
simply will be the control head and the RF deck," Morris said.  "All of
the mounting brackets, the speaker, the microphone and the interconnect
cables all will remain the same, so we’re hoping that will lead to an
easy transition and installation."

This isn’t Kenwood’s first foray into P25-compliant products; the
company previously brought to market 800 MHz versions. "We are in the
Project 25 marketplace, we have a lot of money invested in it, and we’re
here to stay," Morris said.

http://iwce-mrt.com/ar/radio_kenwood_plans_vhf/index.htm

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Yahoo! Domains - Claim yours for only $14.70
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/