Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Digital Wireless Enhanced Specialized Moblie Radio Equipment and Services SOL:

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 21:04:40 -0400

Issue Date: 07/30/2004
DHS Contract Awards
There are no DHS Contract Awards for today
DHS Sole Source Procurements
FSC Code:
D - Information technology services, including telecommunications
services Title:
Digital Wireless Enhanced Specialized Moblie Radio Equipment and
Services SOL:
7TS-02-0001
Due:
082904 NAICS:
517212 Agency:
General Services Administration, Federal Technology Service (FTS), FTS,
7T-4 N Texas/Arkansas, 819 Taylor Street, Room 14A02, Fort Worth, TX,
76102 POC:
Philip Sims, Contracting Officer, Phone 817-978-3410, Fax 817-978-4200,
Email [email-masked] - Jane Scroggins, Contracting Officer/Contract
Specialist, Phone (817) 978-8430, Fax (817) 978-4665, Email
[email-masked] POP:
XX
Description:
Nextel Sources Sought Notification for Contract GS-07T-03-BGD-0003 This
is a sources-sought synopsis. It is the Government?s belief that the
services described below is only available from one source under the
referenced Contract. This is not a formal solicitation, but we are
seeking other viable sources who can perform these same services. The
Government will utilize policies contained in Part 12, Acquisition of
Commercial Items and Part 15, Contract by Negotiation, in its
solicitation for the desired supplies and services. The General Services
Administration, Federal Technology Services, Information Technology
Acquisition Center seeks to establish sources to provide commercially
available national, digital wireless enhanced specialized mobile radio
(ESMR) equipment and services. The Contractor shall provide the
following capabilities: Integrated Digital Enhanced Network (iDEN) based
digital cellular service, two-way digital radio service, interagency two
way radio interoperability, local, regional, and national two way radio
coverage, voice mail, text messaging, numeric paging, caller
identification, all integrated into a single handset. In addition, the
Contractor shall provide mobile office email, PBX integration, PBX
redundancy and disaster recovery, fraud protection, and digital call
privacy, web-enabled account and inventory management. The wireless
services shall operate digitally in the 800MHz band and offer national,
real-time, full duplex voice service that is interconnected with the
public switched network. Two-way digital radio service shall operate in
the same 800MHz. band and offer private one to one communications, talk
group communications and dynamic regrouping within a user organization.
The Contractor shall provide wireless internet access through the
cellular handset and access to dial-up systems by tethering the handset
to a PDA, Laptop, or other computing device. International cellular
services shall be accessible through integrated handsets that will
operate on both iDEN and GSM systems. In addition, potential sources
must have National programs that consist of an in-place billing system,
sales/marketing personnel, and must furnish all personnel, equipment,
materials, services, and facilities necessary to perform the Government
requirement. Contractor shall immediately commence performance on the
date of contract award. The Contractor shall provide equipment and
services to Federal agencies and State and Local Governments agencies
utilizing Federal funds located within the 48 contiguous states, Hawaii,
and Washington D.C, where the contractor offers commercially available
products and services. Services shall pertain to national networking of
cellular and radio services, ability to accept orders directly from
customer agencies and provide detailed billing to the customer agencies.
Contractor shall provide assistance to the customer agencies for
ordering service, billing problems, equipment maintenance and trouble
reports on a nationwide basis. Contractor shall establish a process for
collection of the GSA User Fee and remittance of the fee to the
Government, provide all required reports and documentation as outlined
in the solicitation. This latency shall be less than 2 seconds from the
initiation of a 2-way radio call to the call receipt alert signal on the
far-end handset. In addition, the capability to offer customized
solutions including campus and in-building digital radio, cellular and
data services specific to unique customer needs shall also be required.
Potential sources must have National programs that consist of in-place
billing system, sales/marketing personnel, furnish all personnel,
equipment, materials, services, and facilities necessary to perform
under the Government requirement. Service providers shall offer an
emergency response service consisting of personnel and equipment capable
of deploying to event locations to support handsets with cellular
coverage and programming for voice, packet data and two-way digital
radio features on currently active handsets and up to 10,000 emergency
use short term leased units.  Deployment shall be within 4 hours of
verbal notification by an authorized agency. Interested parties may
identify to the Contracting Officer of their interest and capability to
satisfy the Government?s requirement with a commercial item within 30
days of the notice. Furthermore, interested parties must provide answers
to the questions listed below: 1. Can you provide wireless
telecommunications services and digital 2 way radio services via an iDen
technology based national network? __Yes___No. If yes, please provide a
detailed narrative on how you can meet this requirement. 2. Can you
provide interoperability with the Public Switched Telephone
Network?___Yes___No. If yes, please provide a detailed narrative on how
you can meet this requirement. 3. Can you provide Call Detail Reporting
for all units in service with minutes used divided by local and long
distance, rate plan and account summary totaling all units on account ?
___Yes___No. If yes, please provide a detailed narrative on how you can
meet this requirement. 4. Can provide Centralized billing and
onciliation ? ___Yes___No. If yes, please provide a detailed narrative
on how you can meet this requirement. 5. Can you provide Centralized
ordering incorporating Mail, Fax, electronic and WEB Based ordering
systems ? ___Yes___No. If yes, please provide a detailed narrative on
how you can meet this requirement. 6. Can you accept payment by
Government Credit card ? ___Yes___No. If yes, please provide a detailed
narrative on how you can meet this requirement. 7. Can you provide
Centralized Customer Support available 24 hours per day, 7 days per week
?___Yes___No. If yes, please provide a detailed narrative on how you can
meet this requirement. 8. Can you provide a national sales and marketing
narrative force dedicated to serving the Federal Community ?___Yes___No.
If yes, please provide a detailed narrative on how you can meet this
requirement. 9. Can you provide the latency requirement of less than 2
seconds from the initiation of a 2-way radio call to the call receipt
alert signal on the far ?end hand set ?___Yes___No. If yes, please
provide the detailed narrative on how you can meet this requirement.
10.  Can you provide an emergency response service consisting of
personnel and equipment capable of deploying to event locations to
support handsets with cellular coverage and programming for voice packet
data and two-way digital radio features currently active handsets and up
to 10,000 emergency use short term leased units with a deployment within
4 hours of verbal notification by an authorized agency ?___Yes___No. If
yes, please provide the detailed narrative on how you can meet this
requirement. Point of Contact : Philip Sims, Contracting Officer, Phone
(817) 978-3410, FAX (817) 978-4200, Email [email-masked] Richard
Peery, Technical Representative (817) 978-2296 Place of Performance:
Address:
N/A (Note): Location will depend on request by each customer.
Source:
FedBizOpps
Posted
Date:
7/29/2004 12:00:00 AM

http://www.bluetops.net/ArchiveDisplay.aspx

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar.
Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/