Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Gallagher sworn in as NTIA head

From: NEXTEL-1
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 14:31:11 -0400

Gallagher sworn in as NTIA head
July 09 12:08:00, 2004

WASHINGTON—Michael Gallagher has been sworn in as head of the National
Telecommunications and Information
Administration, effectively bypassing the eight-month hold on his
nomination by Sen. Trent Lott (R-Miss.).

Gallagher, who received a recess appointment by President Bush, will
serve through November 2005. He was sworn in
earlier this week by Commerce Secretary Donald Evans.

NTIA advises the White House on telecom policy and manages federal
government spectrum. Gallagher, who has served
as acting NTIA chief since late last year, has played a key role in
shaping spectrum compromises for third-generation
mobile-phone, ultra-wideband and Wi-Fi technologies. In addition, he led
an administration effort to fashion spectrum
reform recommendations.
http://rcrnews.com/cgi-bin/news.pl?newsId=781

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar.
Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/