Subject: [NEXTEL-1] SoCo Beats Nextel- Soco Rolls Out i325 Ahead of Nextel- Now Only 299.00

From: NEXTEL-1
Date: Sun, 04 Jul 2004 15:05:52 -0400

SoCo Beats Nextel- Soco Rolls Out i325 Ahead of Nextel
June 16, 2004 09:11 AM US Eastern Timezone

Southern LINC Introduces Rugged Motorola i325 Handset; The i325 is the
First Ruggedized iDEN Handset with
a Color Screen

ATLANTA--(BUSINESS WIRE)--June 16, 2004--Southern LINC(R), the wireless
communications service from Southern
Company (NYSE: SO), today announced the availability of the Motorola
i325 handset. The i325 is a rugged, multi-functional
handset that meets military specifications for dust, shock, vibration,
high/low temperatures and pressure, solar radiation,
humidity, and salt fog. The Motorola i325 handset is also water
resistant.

"The i325 will appeal to our customers who like a rugged handset and
also require advanced features," said Bob Dawson,
president and CEO of Southern LINC. "This latest offering is another
step in our continuing effort to offer communications
solutions that include the latest technology features and are durable
enough to handle tough jobs."

This new handset offers Advanced Feature Capability which includes a
host of tools to facilitate communications among
groups such as MSTG (Multi-Simultaneous Talk-Group), ISO (Isolated Site
Operation), emergency group call, and status
messaging. Additionally, the i325 offers all of the features associated
with Motorola's iDEN(R) technology including Instant
LINC(SM) two-way radio, phone service, text messaging and data access.
The phonebook can accomodate up to 600
numbers, and the color screen boasts selectable color palettes and
customizable profiles. The Motorola i325 also comes
equipped with pre-loaded Java applications including MyLocation which
uses the handsets GPS capability to provide
navigation information.

The Motorola i325 phone measures 5.8 x 2.3 x 1.3 inches and weighs 6.8
ounces with the included extra capacity battery.
About Southern LINC

Southern LINC, which stands for Long-range Integrated Network
Communications, covers 127,000 square miles in the
Southeast, including major metro and rural areas in Alabama, Georgia,
southeastern Mississippi and northwest Florida.
Using Motorola's iDEN(R) technology, Southern LINC combines multiple
communication services into one handset or
installed device including Instant LINC(SM) two-way radio, phone
service, text messaging, wireless Internet access and
wireless data access and Java(TM) 2 Micro Edition (J2ME(TM))
applications. More information about Southern LINC can be
obtained by calling 1-800-818-LINC (5462) or visiting the Southern LINC
Web site at www.southernlinc.com
About Southern Company

With 4 million customers and nearly 39,000 megawatts of generating
capacity, Atlanta-based Southern Company (NYSE:
SO) is the premier super-regional energy company in the Southeast and a
leading U.S. producer of electricity. Southern
Company owns electric utilities in four states, a growing competitive
generation company, an energy services business and
a competitive retail natural gas business, as well as fiber optics and
wireless communications. Southern Company brands
are known for excellent customer service, high reliability and retail
electric prices that are 15 percent below the national
average. Southern Company has been named three consecutive years No. 1
on Fortune magazine's "America's Most
Admired Companies" list in the Electric and Gas Utility industry.
Southern Company has been ranked the nation's top
energy utility in the American Customer Satisfaction Index four years in
a row, and in the latest survey tied for the highest
score among all service industry companies. Southern Company has more
than 500,000 shareholders, making its common
stock one of the most widely held in the United States. Visit the
Southern Company Web site at
www.southerncompany.com.

https://onlinestore.southernlinc.com/storefront/prod.asp?pid=10283

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Yahoo! Domains - Claim yours for only $14.70
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/