Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Motorolas CN620 WiFi, Quad Band GSM, PTT cellphone.

From: NEXTEL-1
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2004 20:48:39 -0400

Motorola’s CN620 WiFi cellphone

Posted Jul 2, 2004, 7:00 AM ET by Peter Rojas Related entries:
Cellphones, Wireless We keep waiting for Vonage to get off their asses
and introduce their WiFi phone, but Motorola just got that oh so coveted
FCC approval for something even better, a cellphone that can roam on
both cellular and WiFi networks (the MPx’s WiFi isn’t designed to roam).
Besides having built-in 802.11b, 802.11g, and 802.11a, the CN620 has
quad-band GSM so you’ll be able to use it all over the world, a large
color LCD screen and an eight-way navigation keypad, and push-to-talk.
http://www.engadget.com/entry/5844053416338363/

===================================================================================================================================================================Date Posted:   Yesterday, 3:53 PM
Source:   FCC

The FCC today approved the Motorola CN620, the first phone capable of operating on both mobile and Wi-Fi networks. Although the phone was developed by Motorola's iDEN group, the phone supports only GSM and Wi-Fi networks. Voice calls started on Wi-Fi networks can be handed off to a GSM network. The reverse is possible only for certain types of calls. Features of the phone include a large color main display, an external display, speakerphone, eight-way navigation, and PTT (push-to-talk). Although the prototype approved by the FCC operates only on GSM networks, FCC documents reveal that the final model will support all three major types of Wi-Fi (802.11b, 802.11g, and 802.11a), as well as quad-band GSM.
http://www.phonescoop.com/news/item.php?n=2

=========================================================================================================================
Photo's, Manual, Specs:
https://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/prod/oet/cf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode==Exhibits&RequestTimeout=P0&calledFromFrame==N&application_id=P4905&fcc_id=='AZ489FT5829'

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Yahoo! Domains - Claim yours for only $14.70
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/