Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel Chooses Lucent and Goes CDMA???

From: NEXTEL-1
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 11:19:42 -0400

Nextel Chooses Lucent and Goes CDMA???

http://www.newratings.com/new2/beta/article_444697.html

Lucent Technologies "market perform"

Thursday, July 15, 2004 11:15:58 AM ET
Morgan Keegan

NEW YORK, July 15 (New Ratings) - Analyst Simon M Leopold of Morgan 
Keegan maintains his "market perform" rating on Lucent Technologies 
(LU.NYS).

Lucent Technologies provides communications equipment, software and 
services to global wireline and wireless network providers.

According to Morgan Keegan's research note dated July 13 and 
published this morning, the FCC has approved a frequency spectrum 
swap for Nextel. Lucent Technologies is likely to provide wireless 
data networking infrastructure solutions to Nextel, the analyst says. 
Nextel's capital expenditure budget is likely to be more than $2 
billion in 2005, the analyst adds.

Nextel is likely to deploy CDMA EV-DO technology for wireless data 
networking services in the forthcoming quarters, the analyst 
mentions. Lucent Technologies would provide the CDMA infrastructure 
for Nextel, since both companies have already discussed the 
deployment and placement of base stations for Nextel, the analyst 
says.

The EPS estimates for 2004 and 2005 are $0.12 and $0.15, 
respectively. The P/E estimates for 2004 and 2005 are 28.2x and 
22.5x, respectively.

Morgan Keegan maintains its "market perform" rating on Lucent 
Technologies

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar.
Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/