Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Motorola details OFDM field test results

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 21:20:35 -0400

Motorola details OFDM field test results
July 27 13:09:00, 2004

ROSEMENT, Ill.—Motorola Inc. said its field tests and research have
proved that its Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplexing technology
can provide future all-Internet Protocol mobile networks with user
experience “previously thought to be unattainable” with peak downlink
speeds of up to 300 megabits per second.

The field tests of Motorola Labs’ mobile OFDM system, which were
conducted in the greater Chicago area in both urban and suburban
environments, validated that a 20 MHz mobile OFDM channel can support
peak uncoded channel rates of that speed, the carrier said.

“The promise of faster wireless networks that can meet the demand for
mobile broadband that supports multimedia applications has a great
appeal to operators,” said the company.

In other Motorola infrastructure news, Motorola announced three new
enterprise products as part of an overall solution
architecture created in collaboration with Avaya and Proxim. The
products include the CN620, a new dual-network Mobile
Office Device (MOD), the Wireless Services Manager and the Network
Services Manager. The components work with
Internet Protocol telephony software from Avaya and wireless local area
network infrastructure from Avaya and Proxim.
http://rcrnews.com/cgi-bin/news.pl?newsId=18990

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Yahoo! Domains - Claim yours for only $14.70
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/