Subject: [NEXTEL-1] "Emblaze Defense" Video solutions division for Homeland Security and Military Markets

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 10:46:37 -0400

Emblaze Establishes `Emblaze Defense' Video Solutions Division for
Homeland Security and Military Markets
Source: PrimeZone Media Network
Publication date: 2004-07-12

RA'ANANA, Israel, July 12, 2004 (PRIMEZONE) -- Emblaze establishes
"Emblaze Defense" Video solutions division for Homeland Security and
Military Markets

Signed development and co-marketing contract with "Tadiran
Communication" a global leader in military communication technology

Ra'anana, Israel, July 12, 2004: The Board of Emblaze Ltd (the "Group")
(LSE:BLZ) announces that it has established a new division under the
name "Emblaze Defense" to target the global defense markets as a
vertical approach combining all other Emblaze business units'
technologies and products and customizing them for military and homeland
security applications over narrowband and broadband networks.

It also announces that it has been contracted by Tadiran Communications
Ltd. to provide real-time video technology over Tadiran's RF networks.
Tadiran will now be able to offer its customers the ability to stream
video to their rugged handheld devices (RPDA) and handheld rugged
computers (Tacter) targeted for the military markets.

Modern day warfare increasingly demands solutions for real time visual
intelligence to combat growing global terrorism and low intensive
conflict.  Emblaze Defense has been created to adapt the Group's proven
video delivery technologies to provide leading-edge video solutions for
real time security and surveillance, over existing cellular, narrowband
RF and broadband networks. Experienced gained by Emblaze in telecoms
over the past five years will help to address the needs of the military
and security markets.

The adapted product will be marketed under the brand Emblaze EyeTM. It
is a secured, scalable and robust product suite for field operatives and
Central Command to communicate visually and to manage, store and access
vital intelligence data on a wide range of devices, from mobiles through
interactive TVs. Based on 'Commercial off the Shelf '(COTS) products,
they are also supported by worldwide technical and maintenance services.

These are rapidly growing markets with substantially large revenue
potential in the next 5-10 years. In the US alone, the federal
government has budgeted $13 billion for Homeland Security products and
services.

Eli Reifman, Chief Executive Officer of Emblaze Ltd. "The ability to
make split second decisions based on real time visual information from
the scene, is critical in today's security & surveillance markets.
Recognizing this opportunity and without a great deal of cost we put
together a high-level team with extensive experience in military
intelligence, to utilize and adapt our core video streaming and
interactive TV technologies. Our solutions enable relevant personnel to
share vital information, thus accelerating the decision-making process
in the field.

This is a strong addition to our business plan side by side with our
mainstream and core businesses. We intend to exploit this vertical
market in order to maximize revenues from our technologies and
products."

Mr. Yaniv Cohen, who will be heading the Emblaze Defense division, has
extensive experience in the military markets in various Israeli defense
conglomerates. His work in Emblaze Systems for the past 3 years combined
with his past commercial military development experience make him the
most suitable person in the organization to lead the unit.

Mr. Cohen will be supported by Brig. General (Res.) Asher Sadan, who has
been an integral part of the Israeli intelligence and warfare for more
than 30 years and is currently still active in the IDF intelligence
corps. Mr.  Sadan's extensive experience and contacts in this field will
serve the Emblaze Defense division for contracting and negotiating with
the relevant parties in the global defense industries and governments.

Tadiran Communications Ltd, has over 40 years of experience in military
communications technology and works hand-in-hand with the Israel Defense
Force (IDF) and many other countries worldwide. It is the IDF's signal
corps' main supplier of communications equipment. Tadiran also has a
fully owned American subsidiary, Talla Com, based in Tallahassee, Fla.
which serves as its U.S. production and marketing arm, and a vehicle for
increased participation in FMS projects.

Emblaze Defense will present its full range of video solutions for the
military at the MilTech exhibition on July 12 & 13 at David
Intercontinental Hotel, Tel Aviv (Booth #72), and Eli Reifman CEO of
Emblaze Ltd., is a keynote speaker at the adjoining conference.

Notes to Editors

About Emblaze Defense

Emblaze Defense, a recently established division of the Emblaze Group,
focuses on video solutions for real-time security and surveillance. Its
solutions are based on Emblaze's proven video streaming & broadband TV
technologies.

Emblaze EyeTM comprises a central management & delivery system, a video
platform for live delivery over wireline & wireless networks and
customized mobile handsets optimized for video delivery - enabling
federal agencies, rescue & first response forces, military personnel,
and intelligence operatives to communicate visually and to manage, store
and access vital data on a wide range of mobile devices.

About The Emblaze Group (Emblaze LTD)

Emblaze Ltd is a group of companies sharing a common vision to lead the
market transformation to rich media personal communication. Emblaze
Mobile a provider of end-to-end wireless multimedia handsets and backend
solutions; Emblaze Transcoding, a global leader in transcoding
capabilities for wireless operators; and Orca Interactive, provider of
solutions for broadband and IPTV Interactive Television (iTV) services.

Emblaze Ltd. has offices in the United States, United Kingdom, China and
Israel.
www.emblaze.com

About Tadiran Communications Ltd

With over 40 years of experience in the development, manufacture and
marketing of combat-proven military communications solutions, Tadiran
Communications is a global industry leader in its fields of
specialization.  The company's secure and immune military communications
systems and equipment serve the armed forces of over 50 countries
worldwide. Main product families include short, medium and long-range
communications, covering all frequency bands. The fully-owned Florida
subsidiary, Talla-Com, and the Talla-Com subsidiary, Talla-Tech, focus
on military computers and advanced power amplifiers. The subsidiary
Tadlys specializes in the development of Bluetooth based networking
products and wireless accessories for military purposes. Tadiran
Communications consistently expands its mix of solutions and products.
Through its acquisition of the German radio technology house, Telefunken
RACOMS (formerly called EADS RACOMS), Tadiran Communications offers an
even wider selection of military HF radio systems as well as advanced
European standard communication modems and protocols. For the civilian
market, Tadiran Communications offers wireless communications solutions
for homeland security, public safety and government agencies. In 2003,
Tadiran Communications' annual sales reached $272 million - up 21% from
the 2002 total of $225.8 million - 83.4% of which was derived from
exports. Tadiran Communications is publicly traded under the symbol:
TDCM on the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange. Its major shareholders are the
Shamrock Group and the FIMI Group.
This information is provided by RNS The company news service from the
London Stock Exchange

CONTACT: Enquiries:
Emblaze
Doron Cohen, Hagit Gal + 972 9 7699831/ 339
Harry Chathli + 44 207 645 2990
Copyright © 2004 PrimeZone Media Network, Inc.
Publication date: 2004-07-12

© 2004, YellowBrix, Inc.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar.
Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/