Subject: [NEXTEL-1] i730 problems with GPS almanac rollover

From: "Allen Smith" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 13:24:46 -0000

The Motorola i730 seems to be having trouble with the GPS almanac 
week rollover:
http://www.iee.org/Policy/Areas/it/practice/problemdates/index.cfm

2004/07/17-18 GPS Receiver Almanac Rollover due to the use of an 8-
bit field for weeks since 22 August 1999 (256 weeks).

My i88 seems to be able to handle the fact that this is week zero, 
but my i730 re-boots whenever it retrieves almanac data (about every 
other fix attempt.)

Is anyone else having this problem?  Is a fix possible or do we just 
have to wait until next week? (that will be week 1)
Allen Smith
[email-masked]

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Yahoo! Domains - Claim yours for only $14.70
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 13:26:31 -0400

Alan,

There was a internal Moto technical bulletin abou this issue a while back,
moto has been working on the problem . iDEV support confirms this. I'm
sending your message over t NXTL-2 for further comments.

 
Yahoo! Groups Links