Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel denied funding

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 12:55:43 -0400

Two phone firms denied funding

Statesman staff

Edition Date: 07-30-2004
State regulators have denied two wireless telephone companies access to
a special fund to subsidize extended service into high cost rural areas
of Idaho.

The Public Utilities Commission was split 2-1 in rejecting the
applications of Nextel Partners and Clear Talk to receive financial
support from the so-called Universal Fund.

The pool is supported by telephone companies to subsidize phone service
in sparsely populated rural areas where costs are higher.

http://www.idahostatesman.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20040730/NEWS02/407300304/1029

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar.
Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/