Subject: [NEXTEL-1] EFJohnson Receives Orders Totaling $1 Million From the DOD

From: NEXTEL-1
Date: Sun, 04 Jul 2004 14:12:29 -0400

July 01, 2004

EFJohnson Receives Orders Totaling $1 Million From the DOD

WASHINGTON, July 1 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- EFJ, Inc. announced today
that its EFJohnson subsidiary has received two orders totaling $1
million from the US Department of Defense for use in Alaska. Under these
orders, EFJohnson will provide the DOD with its Project 25 compliant
portable and mobile radios.

"We are very pleased with our continued relationship with this
customer," said Michael E. Jalbert, chairman and chief executive officer
of EFJ, Inc. "The EFJohnson Project 25 digital radios selected in this
award once again demonstrate the requirement for secure, interoperable
radio communication in the public safety arena." The company expects to
ship this order in the third quarter, Jalbert added.  EFJohnson provides
digital Project 25 compliant interoperable wireless communications
systems solutions for federal, state and local agencies involved with
homeland security and public safety. EFJohnson, founded in 1923, was one
of the first developers of wireless communications products to be fully
compliant with federal government interoperability specifications. The
company designs, manufactures, and markets conventional and trunked
radio systems, land mobile radio repeaters and mobile and portable
radios. For more information, visit http://www.efjohnson.com/.
EFJ, Inc is the Washington, DC based parent company to industry-leading
wireless telecommunications solutions businesses. EFJ, Inc. is home to
the EFJohnson Company, one of the first developers of Project 25 mobile
communications products compliant with federal government
interoperability standards, and Transcrypt International, a leader in
secure voice communication solutions.  EFJohnson and Transcrypt
International are wholly owned subsidiaries of EFJ, Inc.
For more information, visit http://www.efji.com/.

Certain matters discussed in this press release constitute
forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities
Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These forward-looking statements relate
to, among other matters, anticipated sales growth. These forward-looking
statements are subject to certain risks and uncertainties that could
cause the actual results, performance or achievements to differ
materially from those expressed, suggested or implied by the
forward-looking statements due to a number of risk factors including,
but not limited to, the level of demand for EFJ's products and services,
the timely procurement of necessary manufacturing components, dependence
on continued funding of governmental agency programs, and other risks
detailed in EFJ's reports filed with the Securities and Exchange
Commission, including its Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended
December 31, 2003. EFJ undertakes no obligation to publicly update or
revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new
information, future events, or otherwise. Readers are cautioned not to
place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements.

EFJ, Inc.

CONTACT: For investor relations information: Jim Stark of EFJ,
Inc.,+1-800-295-1772, [email-masked]; or for trade press information:
Kevin
Nolanof the EFJohnson Company, +1-202-772-5441, [email-masked]

http://www.tmcnet.com/usubmit/2004/Jul/1053658.htm

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar.
Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/