Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Defendant Escapes After Gluing Electronic Monitoring Device To Cat

From: NEXTEL-1
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2004 19:30:43 -0400

14-Year-Old Murder Defendant Escapes After Gluing Electronic Monitor To
Cat

POSTED: 3:05 pm EDT July 7, 2004
UPDATED: 3:30 pm EDT July 7, 2004

PRINCETON, W.Va. -- A 14-year-old girl under house arrest on charges of 
murdering her father escaped after cutting an electronic monitoring
device off her 
ankle and gluing it to a cat, authorities said. 
 
Police searched on Wednesday for Kayla Marie LaSala, who fled an uncle's 
house early Saturday.    

If she thought pinning the device to the cat would fool authorities, it
did 
not work: An alarm went off when a circuit in the device was broken,
officials 
said. But she was gone before police could get there. 

"She's very, very sharp. She's cunning," said sheriff's Detective C. T.
Lowe. 

Kayla is awaiting trial Sept. 7 on charges of stabbing her father to
death in 
February. Sheriff's Sgt. A. D. Beasley said the motive for the slaying
was 
unclear. 

Lowe said Kayla told family members she planned to escape by July 2. He
said 
the relatives were asleep when she fled. 

http://www.wftv.com/newsofthestrange/3502958/detail.html

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar.
Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/