Subject: [NEXTEL-1] United Telecom Council to Host 800 MHz Seminar

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 20:27:48 -0400

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
July 2, 2004 

United Telecom Council to Host 800 MHz Seminar 

WASHINGTON

The United Telecom Council (UTC), the trade association for 
utilities, pipelines, other critical infrastructure companies and 
their technology partners, will hold a special one-day seminar, 800 
MHz Challenges and Opportunities, on July 27, 2004 at the Hyatt DFW 
Airport Hotel near Dallas, Texas. 

The UTC 800 MHz Seminar will update critical infrastructure entities 
and other 800 MHz licensees on the Federal Communications Commission 
(FCC)'s July 8th decision, including the process, the funding,
and the new rules for 800 MHz land mobile systems. 

Portions of the seminar will focus on critical infrastructure issues 
from the controversial decision, including both technical and legal 
aspects; and attendees will have an opportunity to discuss with their 
peers and industry experts what the next steps should be. 

"This has been the most difficult proceeding faced by private
land mobile licensees in many years, and the work is just 
beginning," said Jill Lyon, UTC Vice President and General 
Counsel. "We're looking forward to both educating and
discussing with licensees where we go from here." 

UTC has been deeply engaged in the 800 MHz proceeding since the 
beginning due to the supreme importance of the frequency band to 
critical infrastructure systems. For more information about the 800 
MHz Challenges and Opportunities Seminar, visit the UTC website. 

United Telecom Council (UTC) is a global trade association whose 
members own, manage, or provide critical telecommunications systems 
in support of their core business. Founded in 1948 to advocate for 
the allocation of additional radio spectrum for power utilities, UTC 
now represents over 10,000 electric, gas, and water utilities; 
natural gas pipelines; and critical infrastructure companies who 
serve all corners of the world and virtually every community in North 
America. 

More information is available at http://www.utc.org

For More Information, Contact
Mary Alice Patterson
Media Relations Assistant
1.202.833.6811
mary.patterson @ utc.org

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar.
Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/