Subject: [NEXTEL-1] From the ARRL Web Site

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 18:58:54 -0400

>From the ARRL Web Site

http://www.arrl.org/

Spoofing generates new round of spurious arrl.net e-mail messages (Jul
27,
2004)
-- Recent e-mail messages purporting to be from "[email-masked]," the
"ARRL.net Support Team" or some similar variation are not from the ARRL.

These messages are the result of a recent variant of a virus permeating
the
Internet. ARRL has heard from members who have received e-mails alleging
that their ARRL E-Mail Forwarding Service (@arrl.net) address has been
used
to send out spam and urging them to open an attachment to help resolve
the
situation.

Opening the attachment will infect the recipient's computer. Outside of
routine correspondence, the ARRL only sends e-mail to members who
request
mailings, such as W1AW bulletins and The ARRL Letter, and none of these
are
sent via the ARRL E-Mail Forwarding Service. As a defense against these
kinds of viruses, we recommend installing virus protection software on
all
personal computers and updating it on a regular basis.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Yahoo! Domains - Claim yours for only $14.70
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/