Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Redefining radio with software

From: NEXTEL-1
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2004 19:30:10 -0400

Redefining radio with software

Can a new technology 
rewrite the rules of communications?

SDR, in its ultimate form, promises a universal communicator - a 
device that will work anywhere, anytime, no matter what protocol 
standards and frequency allocations are in local use. But fulfilling 
that promise demands enormous processing capabilities, both in 
the back-end, digital signal processing part of a radio and in the 
front-end, radio frequency part. 

More:
http://www.reed-electronics.com/eb-mag/article/CA421007?industryid=2116

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar.
Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/