Subject: [NEXTEL-1] NOTICE OF INTENT TO WAIVE NONMANUFACTURER RULE - COMMUNICATIONS EQUIPMENT

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 17:56:44 -0400

58 -- NOTICE OF INTENT TO WAIVE NONMANUFACTURER RULE - COMMUNICATIONS
EQUIPMENT

General Information
Document Type:
Special Notice
Solicitation Number:
Reference-Number-SBAHQ-072304-03
Posted Date:
Jul 23, 2004
Original Response Date:
Aug 13, 2004
Current Response Date:
Aug 13, 2004
Original Archive Date:
Aug 28, 2004
Current Archive Date:
Aug 28, 2004
Classification Code:
58 -- Communication, detection, & coherent radiation equipment Naics
Code:
334290 -- Other Communications Equipment Manufacturing
Contracting Office Address
Small Business Administration, Office of Administration, Office of
Procurement and Grants Management, 409 Third
Street, S.W., 5th Floor, Washington, DC, 20416
Description
The U. S. Small Business Administration (SBA) is considering granting a
waiver of the Nonmanufacturer Rule for Other
Communications Equipment Manufacturing. The basis for waivers is that no
small business manufacturers are supplying
these classes of products to the Federal government.     The effect of a
waiver would be to allow otherwise qualified
regular dealers to supply the products of any domestic manufacturer on a
Federal contract set aside for small businesses
or awarded through the SBA?s 8(a) Business Development Program.
DATE: Comments and sources must be
submitted on or before August 13, 2004.     FOR FURTHER INFORMATI0N
CONTACT: Edith Butler, Program
Analyst, by telephone at (202) 619-0422; by FAX at (202) 205-7280; or by
email at [email-masked].
SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION:     Section 8(a)(17) of the Small Business
Act, (Act)15 U.S.C. 637(a)(17),
requires that recipients of Federal contracts set aside for small
businesses or SBA?s 8(a) Business Development
Program provide the product of a small business manufacturer or
processor, if the recipient is other than the actual
manufacturer or processor of the product.     This requirement is
commonly referred to as the Nonmanufacturer Rule.
The SBA regulations imposing this requirement are found at 13 CFR
121.406 (b).     Section 8(a)(17)(b)(iv) of the Act
authorizes SBA to waive the Nonmanufacturer Rule for any "class of
products" for which there are no small business manufacturers or
processors available to participate in the Federal market.     As
implemented in SBA?s regulations at 13 CFR 121.1204, in order to be
considered available to participate in the Federal market for a class of
products, a small business manufacturer must have submitted a proposal
for a contract solicitation or received a contract from the Federal
government within the last 24 months. The SBA defines "class of
products" based on six digit coding systems.
The first coding system is the Office of Management and Budget North
American Industry Classification System
(NAICS).     The second is the Product and Service Code established by
the Federal Procurement Data System.     The
SBA received a request on June 29, 2004 to waive the Nonmanufacturer
Rule for Other Communications Equipment
Manufacturing.     In response, SBA is currently processing a request to
waive the Nonmanufacturer Rule for Other
Communications Equipment Manufacturing, North American Industry
Classification System (NAICS) 334290.     The
public is invited to comment or provide source information to SBA on the
proposed waiver of the nonmanufacturer rule for this NAICS code.
AUTHORITY:     15 U.S.C. 637(a)(17).
Original Point of Contact
Deborah Woods, Contract Specialist, Phone (202) 205-7051, Fax (202)
481-1568, Email [email-masked]
http://www.eps.gov/spg/SBA/OOA/OPGM/Reference-Number-SBAHQ-072304-03/Synopsis.html

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Yahoo! Domains - Claim yours for only $14.70
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/