Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Two-Way Radios Need Encryption, Too

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 15:47:50 -0400

Two-Way Radios Need Encryption, Too
Jul 14, 2004

It's not just for computers anymore. In the latest move to get its
product into as many radio products as possible, longtime two-way player
EFJ Inc. [EFJI] opened talks with New Zealand manufacturer Tait Radio
Communications to install EFJ's Transcrypt-branded voice privacy into
all of Tait's radio models. Both companies apparently are working in the
long run to have encryption be a "must have" when it comes to radio
purchases, rather than just a "nice to have." Such a mindset could give
the team a competitive edge over other radio manufacturers. The two have
worked together on one project already; Transcrypt, which is a division
of EFJ, designed a custom TZ20 encryption module for the Tait Orca
radios.
>>Jim Stark, EFJ Inc., 800/295-1772<<

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar.
Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/