Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Transcrypt Opens Discussions With Tait Radio Communications

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 08:37:16 -0400

Transcrypt Opens Discussions With Tait Radio Communications

WASHINGTON, July 12 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- EFJ, Inc. (Nasdaq: EFJI)
announced that its Transcrypt International subsidiary has launched
discussions with Tait Radio Communications regarding the worldwide
application of Transcrypt encryption technology in Tait products.  This
arrangement would provide for sales of Transcrypt's voice privacy
products to be installed in, or integrated into, Tait mobile and
portable radios.
"Transcrypt's meeting with Tait in New Zealand was very productive,"
stated Michael E. Jalbert chairman and CEO of EFJ, Inc.  "We are pleased
to be growing our business with Tait.  Developing strong relationships
with original equipment manufacturers (OEMS) is an important component
of Transcrypt's growth strategy," added Jalbert.
"This is a positive move for both of us that holds a great deal of
potential," said Michael Kelley, general manager of Transcrypt. "Tait
and Transcrypt working together will assure that both parties can
participate in sales where radios with encryption are specified as a
requirement. We are already enjoying success with the custom TZ20
encryption module Transcrypt designed for Tait Orca radios."
"We are very excited to have Transcrypt voice security technology
compatible with Tait's growing product line," stated Ian McKee,
Strategic Sales Manager for Tait Radio Communications. "As we develop
new products, Tait can be prepared to offer the new radio models with
encryption. We can sell a complete package, which can provide us with a
competitive advantage," McKee added.
Established 35 years ago, Tait Radio Communications is a leading
international provider of mobile voice and data communications. The
company is based in Christchurch, New Zealand and has wholly owned sales
and service operations in Australia, Singapore, Thailand, Hong Kong,
mainland China, United Kingdom, Canada, USA and New Zealand. Tait
products can now be found in about 160 countries worldwide. The
company's product offering includes two-way mobile radios and an
expanded range of products and services including P25 radios and wide
area trunked radio network systems that provide integrated radio and
telephone services for both voice and data communications.  For
additional information visit http://www.taitworld.com.
Established in 1978, Transcrypt International is a leader in secure
voice communication solutions for international, commercial and
government customers, delivering land mobile radio security products in
over 2,600 different configurations, on over ten thousand communication
systems in more than 120 countries since 1978. The company designs,
manufactures, and markets information security hardware and software
that utilizes sophisticated scrambling and encryption techniques to
protect sensitive voice and data transmissions. For more information,
visit http://www.transcrypt.com.
EFJ, Inc. is the Washington, DC based parent company to industry-leading
wireless telecommunications solutions businesses. EFJ, Inc. is home to
the EFJohnson Company, one of the first developers of Project 25 mobile
communications products compliant with federal government
interoperability standards, and Transcrypt International, a leader in
secure voice communication solutions. EFJohnson and Transcrypt
International are wholly owned subsidiaries of EFJ, Inc. For more
information, visit http://www.efji.com.
Certain matters discussed in this press release constitute
forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities
Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These forward-looking statements relate
to, among other matters, future sales forecast and anticipated sales
growth. These forward-looking statements are subject to certain risks
and uncertainties that could cause the actual results, performance or
achievements to differ materially from those expressed, suggested or
implied by the forward-looking statements due to a number of risk
factors including, but not limited to, the level of demand for the
Company's products and services, the timely procurement of necessary
manufacturing components, dependence on continued funding of
governmental agency programs, and other risks detailed in the Company's
reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including its
Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2003.  The
Company undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any
forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information,
future events, or otherwise.  Readers are cautioned not to place undue
reliance on these forward-looking statements.

SOURCE EFJ, Inc.
Web Site: http://www.efji.com http://www.taitworld.com
http://www.transcrypt.com

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Yahoo! Domains - Claim yours for only $14.70
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/