Subject: [NEXTEL-1] RE: 800 Interference Report - San Fransisco

From: NEXTEL-1
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 14:22:53 -0400

-------- Original Message --------
From: "Ron Haraseth" <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: 800 Interference Report  - San Fransisco

Note:  an updated complete text file of all reports to date is located
at:
http://www.apco911.org/frequency/project_39/combined.txt
To report 800 MHz commercial interference:
http://www.apco911.org/frequency/800interfere.html#interfere

---------------------------------------------------------------------

July 9, 2004
Location City:....................... San Francisco
       County:....................... San Francisco
        State:....................... CA
Agency Name:......................... Dept of Telecommunications & Info
Type of service:..................... Police, Fire, EMS
Service coverage area:............... City & County of San Francisco
Population estimate:................. 850,000
Is interference Annoying:............ Yes
Is interference Harmful:............  Yes
Type of PS System:................... MDT
Band:................................ 806-821    
Identified interference:............. Nextel cell sites
Interference been reported to:.......   Commercial Provider
Has interference been resolved:...... 
If, how:
Nextel "retuned" cell sites. Note Nextel retuning include disabling, 
removal, and redistribution of interferring frequencies. 
Local Nextel reps, while slow in response, scheduling, 
etc., where very cooperative. 
Descriptive Narrative
We identified eleven (11) areas around the City where mobile MDT units 
cannot received dispatches. A spectrum sweep of the reported areas 
indicated high adjacent channel interfrence, and on 5 cases causing 
the mobile data receivers to be completely desensitized. 

Technical Contact Name:.............. L.W. Garde 
Technical Contact Title:............. Chief Radio Engineer 
Agency:.............................. Dept of Telecommunications & Info
Svcs

Email:............................... [email-masked]

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar.
Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/