Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel and Former San Francisco Mayor Willie L. Brown Jr. to Recognize Boston's Mayor Menino

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 12:47:32 -0400

July 29, 2004 11:30 AM US Eastern Timezone 

Nextel and Former San Francisco Mayor Willie L. Brown Jr. to 
Recognize Boston's Mayor Menino, as One of America's Great 
Metropolitan Leaders 

BOSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--July 29, 2004--
  Nextel To Donate Wireless Phones To Boston Public Schools, 
Enhancing Daily School Communications, Productivity    

Nextel Communications Inc. (NASDAQ:NXTL), the Official Wireless 
Service Provider of the 2004 Democratic National Convention, along 
with the Honorable Willie L. Brown Jr., former Mayor of San 
Francisco and California Speaker of the House, will recognize Boston 
Mayor Thomas M. Menino for his vision and success as one of the 
country's greatest metropolitan leaders. 

The honor will be delivered during the last day of the Democratic 
National Convention, which is being hosted by the City of Boston and 
Mayor Menino. The three-term mayor is viewed nationally as a 
champion of homeland security and affordable housing. Locally, his 
administration has improved the quality of life for all Boston 
citizens, businesses and visitors by improving educational standards 
for the city, lowering the crime rate, and revitalizing Boston's 
neighborhoods. 

Nextel will also announce that more than 1,000 wireless phones 
provided to the Convention will be donated to the City of Boston at 
the conclusion of the Convention. Boston Public Schools will receive 
greater than 100 of the phones and use them for staff to improve and 
maintain communication on day-to-day operations and school security. 

Mayor Menino said, "Instant and reliable communication is vital to 
providing a cutting edge learning environment for our City's 
children. Nextel has once again stepped up to the plate as a good 
corporate citizen in Boston. This generous Nextel donation will 
clearly have a positive impact for the students and the Boston 
Public School system's daily operations." 

William Kennard, a member of Nextel's Board of Directors 
said, "Nextel is deeply committed to the City of Boston and to 
providing wireless communication solutions that improve both 
learning and productivity in educational institutions. We're 
thrilled to support both of these goals by donating Nextel wireless 
phones to Mayor Menino and the Boston Public Schools." 

Mayor Brown thanked his friend, Mayor Menino, for his more than 20 
years of public service by stating, "Tom Menino is one of the finest 
and most dedicated leaders I have had the pleasure of working with 
throughout my public and private career. It gives me a great deal of 
pleasure to recognize his efforts and achievements and all that he 
has done for the residents of the City of Boston." 

   http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/040729/295538_1.html

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar.
Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/