Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel wireless consumer Rip-off fraud - Nextel employees receive stolen information

From: NEXTEL-1
Date: Mon, 05 Jul 2004 18:06:55 -0400

"How-Business Gets DONE!"
Nextel wireless consumer Rip-off fraud - Nextel employees receive stolen
information

Nextel wireless
Address:
Nationwide, U.S.A.
Phone Number:

Wednesday, April 11, 2001

Our names are Arthur and Denise Hoss. On Friday, April 6, 2001, Denise
called our bank, (Washington Mutual) to check our account balance. She
did this because this week our rent was due, which is our biggest monthy
expense. It was also our daughter Amanda's Birthday on Saturday, April
7. When Denise heard the account balance she was shocked to find it
incorrect in accordance with her record keeping. She immediately
contacted someone with the bank. The bank rep. had gone over a list of
transaction that were made between 3/20/01 and 4/06/01. She found, on
4/4/01 Nextel wireless had charged $910.00 to our account. This she new
was a big mistake.

It was at this point Denise contacted Arthur to confirm that, Arthur
never authorized this transaction. Denise had to leave work to go to the
bank for a copy of the account statement and file a dispute and cancel
our check cards. Denise then contacted Nextell- wireless to find out
what had happened. She spoke to many people from many departments that
day, none of which would offer more than a first name. Denise was told
by the Nextel rep. to file a dispute with the bank.

At first they were unwilling to do any more than that. Denise then went
home and called the local police dept. to file a report. She did this
because, from the little info nextel did give, it appeared that someone
had fraudulently used our numbers to pay a bill. This to anyone sounds
like a crime. Denise and officer Fenwick from Greenacres police dept.
contacted a supervisor Mike, in the finance/collection dept. at Nextell.
It wasn't until Denise put officer Fenwick on the phone with Mike that
he agreed to immediately credit our account. It would take twenty-four
hour for the transaction to take place. Mike then told Denise to contact
the fraud dept. at Nextell.

Denise then did as was instructed by Mike. Denise was contacting to
fraud dept. because, it was clear to her someone used our numbers, it
was no typo mistake. Someone was trying to rip us and or our bank off.
We wanted to know who did this. We have the right to know who has stolen
our numbers. We want to know why Nextel employees did not verify any of
the information that was given to them. We know from the people at
Nextel that our names were not present on the account that our numbers
were used to pay.

We want to know what city or the town that was on that account so we
could contact that police dept. Nextel will not cooperate with any of
our requests. We have the right to know because we want to protect
ourselves from future violations. Who knows what this person has stolen.
We want to know why none of the employees at Nextel fraud dept. would
not give us a last name when they were asked to do so. We also wanted to
know the name of the sales rep. and dept. From where the order was
taken, this too was denied. Nextel fraud dept. would not even launch an
investigation until our bank disputes the charges, leaving us penniless
until the proper paperwork is filed.

We charge that Nextel employees had received stolen information, and
made no attempt to verify the numbers on the account, then converted it
for their own use. This is not acceptable. On this point alone something
needs to be changed in the way they do business. We charge that Nextel
has no right to tie up our money for 24 hours and has already caused an
overdraft and fees to automatically be imposed. Nextel employees refused
to make good on these fees. We claim that because of this negligence our
daughter's birthday plans were compromised. Plans were changed and money
had to be borrowed to salvage our Festivities. When our now 7 year old
asked why we could not do what we had planed it was very difficult to
explain what had happen. This was very painful because she doesn't fully
understand. She only knows now that mommy and daddy didn't keep there
promise. She was very disappointed.

Ironically at one point when I asked a Nextel employee why the info was
not verified the answer I received was for convenience. Whose
convenience is that? I replied. We don't feel that "sorry", and a credit
refund is sufficient enough retribution in this matter. We expect a full
investigation is required by Nextel, our bank and local law enforcement.
This is a major inconvenience for us. It has cost Denise a days pay
trying to correct their mistake and get what was once ours back to where
it belongs. We have been given bullshit excuses from Nextel employees
and we don't like it. We have the right to know and protect ourselves.
We would like to know if our numbers were stolen by a friend or someone
we know or a business we deal with. How do we know what else this person
will do. What other information he/she may have stolen from us. Nextel
refused to release information to officer Fenwick telling him we will
have to send a subpoena for any information. We feel like Nextel is
protecting a potential criminal.

In closing we feel Nextel is as much responsible for this, as the person
that has stolen our information. They did nothing to verify the
information received and their business practices do nothing to protect
consumers. Especially us, and we didn't even have an account with them.
This goes far beyond putting the money back three days later, hopefully.
We have chosen to keep our earnings in a reputable bank for our safety
and protection of theft. Nextel has compromised our trust in the system.
We no longer feel there is security to protect ourselves. The system we
have come to rely on has fail us miserably. It's Sunday, 4/8/01 our
money was taken on 4/4/01 and as I write this our $910.00 that we worked
hard for, and pay our bills is not in our account. "Sorry", it was a
mistake, is no excuse for causing a delay in our funds, payment of our
bills, fees and the thing that really hurt, our personal free time
together as a family. I fear that if this happen to us, it's happening
to others. Monday, 4/9/2001 our account has not been credited. Tuesday,
4/10/2001 our account has not been credited. Denise spoke to Mike Ashton
from Nextel today, he spoke with a Sonya from our bank. Mike says, he
needed to verify (what a joke) that a hold has been put on the dispute
process so a double credit does not occur. What happen to the credit
that Mike was suppose to process on Friday? If we do not file a dispute
the fraud dept. will not investigate. This is the procedure that has
been explained to us. We cant have our money and an investigation too.
Its one or the other. This sounds like a scam to me. A clever way to
pass on taking responsibility.

4/11/2001 Still no credit to our account. Nextel sucks!
Sincerely yours,
Broke and stepped on Denise and Arthur Hoss
[email-masked]
iW4-11

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Yahoo! Domains - Claim yours for only $14.70
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/