Subject: [NEXTEL-1] New Press Release: RadioShack Corporation

From: Alan Dixon <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 19:29:41 -0400

"Great bench strength"  Hmmm...

	-Alan Dixon
	"The Industry Iconoclast"

_______________________________________________________________
>>>  Forwarded Message
From: "Radioshack Announcement"
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 15:16:50 -0500
Subject: New Press Release from Radioshack Corporation
 
July 14, 2004 - RadioShack Corporation Chief Financial Officer 
Michael Newman To Resign on July 23
_______________________________________________________________

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

RadioShack Corporation Chief Financial Officer Michael Newman To Resign
on July 23 

David Johnson, RadioShack Corporation Senior Vice President – Corporate
Controller, Will Be Named Interim CFO 

Fort Worth, Texas – July 14, 2004 – RadioShack Corporation (NYSE: RSH)
today announced that Michael Newman, 47, senior vice president and chief
financial officer, will resign on July 23 to pursue a position as chief
financial officer of Blackstone Crystal Holdings Capital Partners, a
private equity and advisory firm. Replacing Newman as interim chief
financial officer will be David Johnson, 51, senior vice president –
corporate controller, who is a 32-year RadioShack veteran. 

“We regret Mike’s decision to leave RadioShack as he has been an
extremely valuable asset to our management team,” said Leonard Roberts,
chairman and chief executive officer of RadioShack Corporation. “Mike
helped build great bench strength within our finance organization and has
helped us construct a sound financial platform – one that positions us
for long-term growth. In fact, as one of the architects of our longer
term growth strategy, Mike will be with us when we review the strategy at
our upcoming board meeting next week. We thank him for his contributions
to our company.”

“My experience at RadioShack has been a rewarding one,” said Newman. “I
feel that the company has made significant progress in the past several
years toward sustained earnings growth and is well positioned to continue
that growth in the coming years. I look forward to joining the management
team as we share our growth plans with our board of directors next week.
I also look forward to reviewing our second quarter earnings with
investors on our July 20 earnings call.”

The company will appoint Senior Vice President – Corporate Controller
David Johnson as interim chief financial officer, effective July 23.
During his tenure with the company, Johnson has held controller positions
for RadioShack Corporation, the RadioShack Retail Division, Tandy Name
Brand and Video Concepts. Early in his career, he held progressive
management positions in the company’s accounting department. He has an
accounting degree from the University of Texas at Arlington.

“Like Mike, David has a strong operating background,” said Roberts. “He
is a straightforward business executive who has been entrenched in the
financial operations of our company. David has worked closely with Mike
over the past three years, which helps ensure a smooth transition and
allows us to keep our momentum intact.”

According to Roberts, the company has commenced a search for a new chief
financial officer. 

The company will host its quarterly earnings conference call at 9:00 a.m.
ET on Tuesday, July 20, 2004. The public is invited to listen to the call
live on the Internet at www.RadioShackCorporation.com on the Investor
Relations page.

Statements made in this press release which are forward-looking
statements involve risks and uncertainties and are indicated by words
such as “anticipates” and other similar words or phrases. These
uncertainties include, but are not limited to, economic conditions,
product demand, competitive products and pricing, availability of
products, the regulatory environment and other risks indicated in filings
with the Securities and Exchange Commission such as RadioShack’s most
recent Form 10-K and 10-Q. 

About RadioShack Corporation
Fort Worth, Texas-based RadioShack Corporation (NYSE: RSH) is the
nation’s most trusted consumer electronics specialty retailer of wireless
communications, electronic parts, batteries and accessories as well as
other digital technology products and services. With nearly 7,000 outlets
nationwide, it is estimated that 94 percent of all Americans live or work
within five minutes of a RadioShack store or dealer. The company’s
knowledgeable sales associates and brand position – “You’ve Got
Questions. We’ve Got Answers.®” – support RadioShack’s mission to
demystify technology in every neighborhood in America. For more
information on the company, visit the RadioShack Corporation Web site at
www.RadioShackCorporation.com. For more information on RadioShack
products and services, visit its e-commerce Web site at
www.RadioShack.com.

# # #

Contact:
James M. Grant
Senior Director, Investor Relations
(817) 415-7833
Or
Leah M. King
Director, Investor Relations
(817) 415-2909
[email-masked]

Laura Moore
Senior Vice President, Chief Communications Officer
(817) 415-3300
[email-masked] 

To read the entire release, please go to:
http://www.radioshackcorporation.com/media/e-blast7.html

_______________________________________________________________
 
You've got questions. We've got answers.

For more information about RadioShack Corporation, please visit our 
Web site at http://www.radioshackcorporation.com

Or visit our Online Store at http://www.radioshack.com

_______________________________________________________________

--

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Yahoo! Domains - Claim yours for only $14.70
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/