Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Wireless improvements for airports

From: NEXTEL-1
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2004 02:08:17 -0400

Wireless improvements for airports

British Airports Authority (BAA) has announced the appointment of
Cellular Design Services (CDS) as its partner to design, build and
support shared wireless systems at all seven of BAA's UK airports.  The
agreement covers wireless infrastructure which can be shared by service
providers and communications systems and supports a range of wireless
technologies. It is for an initial term of five years and follows on
from the appointment of CDS by BAA in 2003 to develop strategies for
wireless communications at the airports. The appointment further
strengthens the relationship between BAA and CDS in regard to the
overall management of radio spectrum across the airports and ensures
that the ongoing development of radio strategy keeps pace with
technological and regulatory changes.

Terry Fusco, BAA's Head of IT Operations, announcing the decision, said
"This new partnership will allow us to implement wireless communications
systems in line with our strategic objectives. We want to manage the
deployment of wireless systems in a positive manner for the benefit of
all stakeholders and travelers at our airports.  We believe we can
achieve this and ensure our airports are capable of supporting the most
advanced wireless communications systems by forming this partnership
with CDS."

Mark Keenan, Cellular Design Services Director of Total Solutions, said
"We are delighted by this announcement. It reflects positively on the
work we have carried out to date with BAA and reinforces our standing in
the UK as the leading provider of in-building solutions to wireless
operators and landlords.

Posted to the site on 06-Jul-04
http://www.cellular-news.com/story/11409.shtml

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar.
Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/