Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Re: question abt Nextel

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 03 Jul 2004 13:37:09 -0400

-------- Original Message --------
   From: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: question abt Nextel

NYPD,  FDNY, EMS op's and many others are on the 800 mhz DoITT system.
There have been reports of interference already. Nextel plans to bring
in numerous COWS to support these conventions. Undoubtedly there will be
some interference issues  DoITT may suffer or some other victim.
Remember the FCC routinely grants numerous STA's to support these
activities.

[email-masked] wrote:

> Does either NYC or Boston Pd use 800 Mhz? If so I wonder what will
> happen
> around the convention centers when all those Nextel users fire
> up----Will there
> be interference with public safety comms?????
>
> http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=6
> 347&p=irol-newsArticle&t=Regular
> &id=587388&
>
> http://phx.
> orporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=63347&p=irol-newsArticle&t=Regular
> &id=587237&

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar.
Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: "Bill Smith" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2004 14:02:57 -0400

Mass State Police run a Smartzone 800 system and they have suddenly started
licensing a bunch of small sites around Boston. The City of Boston runs a
Motorola trunked system for admin stuff like towing and meter maids.

Plice is on a bunch of 460 freqs, Fire is on 483, Surrounding PD's and FD's
are all on UHF or VHF. Rumor mill has it STA's have been granted for TV
channels 17 and 18, which is outside the normal Ch. 14 and 16 allocation
here. A potential problem is the digital TV on 19 and 20 not very far away,
maybe 7-8 air miles with their multi-megawatt ERP's

-------- Original Message --------
   From: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: question abt Nextel

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Yahoo! Domains - Claim yours for only $14.70
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

 
Yahoo! Groups Links