Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Hispanic Share Of Boost's (Nextel)Customer Base Shrinks

From: NEXTEL-1
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 11:13:13 -0400

Hispanic Share Of Boost's Customer Base Shrinks
July 16, 2004 9:41am
Wireless Week

Nextel Communications' Boost Mobile division accumulated a relatively
high concentration of Hispanic customers in its online subscriber base,
but its share is diminishing as it adds new markets, according to
predictive analytics firm Compete. When Boost served customers only in
California and Nevada, nearly 30 percent of its online subscribers were
Hispanic. (According to the U.S. Census, 32 percent of the Californian
population is Hispanic and 19 percent of the population in Nevada is
Hispanic, both above the national average of 13 percent.)
By April, Hispanics represented only 17.5 percent of Boost Mobile's
online subscribers, a reflection of Boost's entry into seven new
markets. "In addition to Boost's geographic legacy, there are some usage
model issues, such as interoperability with Nextel, that make Boost
attractive to certain market segments," says Adam Guy, director of the
wireless practice at Compete. "Although Boost's nationwide rollout will
naturally dilute its composition of Hispanic subscribers, Boost is
well-positioned to maintain its edge in serving the Hispanic community."

Source: Compete (www.compete.com/wireless )

Copyright © 2004 Reed Business Information - US

http://www.hoovers.com/free/news/detail.xhtml?ArticleID==NR200407163020.52_bb130002a7f5f93a

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Yahoo! Domains - Claim yours for only $14.70
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/