Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel Named Official Wireless Provider for 2004 Republican National Convention

From: NEXTEL-1
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2004 11:52:46 -0400

Nextel Named Official Wireless Provider for 2004 Republican National
Convention
Friday July 2, 10:23 am ET

NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--July 2, 2004--The 2004 Republican National
Convention today announced Nextel Communications Inc. (NASDAQ:NXTL -
News) will serve as the Official Wireless Service Provider for 2004
Republican National Convention.

"Communications is vital for running a successful convention. I am
pleased that Nextel will provide the convention with the necessary tools
for communications among staff, delegates, and visitors," said Bill
Harris, Chief Executive Officer for the 2004 Republican National
Convention.

As the Official Wireless Service Provider, Nextel has committed various
communication products and services to the 2004 Republican National
Convention including: wireless phones equipped with Direct Connect®,
Nextel's unique long-range digital walkie-talkie feature; RIM Blackberry
devices with Nextel cellular, Direct Connect®, wireless Internet and
email capabilities; and iM1100 PCMCIA wireless modem cards, which will
allow a direct connection to the Internet (no ISP required) or dial-up
access to a phone line.  Convention organizers will have use of Nextel's
wireless data network, cellular phone service and Direct Connect
functionality, which will allow instant communication on-site, as well
as with other Nextel users anywhere in the United States. Nextel will
also offer on-site services and superior wireless coverage for
delegates, the media and others in attendance.

"Nextel is thrilled to work with the 2004 Republican National
Convention. Our technology and network capabilities, now enhanced and
including International Direct Connect(SM), will support safe and
reliable communications for all participants at the convention. And with
Nextel's increased coverage and capacity, New Yorkers will enjoy better
quality wireless service long after the convention concludes," said Bob
Johnson, senior vice president of Field Operations for Nextel.

The 2004 Republican National Convention will be held for the first time
ever in New York City at Madison Square Garden from August 30 -
September 2, 2004. Nearly 50,000 visitors are expected to visit the city
for the occasion. For more information about the 2004 Republican
National Convention, please visit our website at www.gopconvention.com.
For more information about Nextel visit www.nextel.com.
-0-

Paid for by the Committee on Arrangements for the
2004 Republican National Convention

2 Penn Plaza -- New York, NY 10121 -- (212) 356-2004
Not authorized by any candidate or candidate committee
http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/040702/25213_1.html

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar.
Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/