Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel Expands Hispanic Initiative in Texas; New 'Nextel. Ya.' Spanish-Language Advertising Campaign Launches In Texas

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 07:21:28 -0400

July 27, 2004 09:00 AM US Eastern Timezone
Nextel Expands Hispanic Initiative in Texas; New 'Nextel. Ya.'
Spanish-Language Advertising Campaign Launches In Texas

HOUSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--July 27, 2004--
Additional Texas Independent Authorized Representatives Sought by Nextel

Nextel Communications Inc. (NASDAQ:NXTL) today announced the expansion
of its concerted marketing and sales program to introduce its
differentiated wireless voice and data services to Hispanic communities
in Texas.

Customers in Texas will now have the opportunity to conduct business in
Spanish at Nextel Retail Store outlets and through
dedicated toll-free Spanish-speaking customer care and telesales
operators.  "We are pleased to expand our Hispanic Initiative into
Texas, where we already offer Nextel's unique wireless solutions," said
Jon Munoz, director of Hispanic marketing for Nextel's South region.
"Beginning last year, we launched markets in other parts of the country
with great success, and it is our hope to continue these efforts with a
campaign that reinforces our 'Nextel. Done.' messaging to our
Spanish-speaking customers in Texas."

Expanded Advertising Campaign

This expansion has just launched with a new Spanish-language advertising
campaign themed, "Life can change in a
second." The advertising campaign, which falls under the "Nextel. Ya."
umbrella, is in line with the "Nextel. Done." branding
designed to represent the "can do" attitude of Nextel's current and
prospective customers. The campaign will include radio and print media.
To ensure that the "Nextel. Done." brand would be relevant and would
resonate in the Latino community, Nextel conducted a series of Hispanic
focus groups in the fall of last year.

As a result, Nextel developed the "Ya" campaign. "Ya" - encompassing
"right now," "immediate" "ready" and "complete" in
Spanish - was selected as the cultural equivalent of "Done" and
resonated very well with Nextel's primary Latino customers,
the small and home office business owner. "Nextel. Ya." reinforces the
importance of instant communication as an integral part of everyday
family, community and business life.

Additional Independent Authorized Representatives and Sponsorships
Needed

To further extend its brand awareness among the Latino community, Nextel
is currently seeking additional bilingual Independent Authorized
Representatives to showcase Nextel's products and services. Those
interested should contact Nextel at 281-914-9247.

Spanish-speaking customers can sign up for Nextel service by calling
1-888-NEXTEL5, contacting their local area authorized Nextel
representative, or visiting a Nextel retail location. Many Nextel Retail
Stores and Authorized Dealers in Texas currently have Spanish-speaking
Nextel representatives as well as products and services collateral to
better serve customers. To locate a bilingual store, visit
www.nextel.com/espanol.
International Direct Connect(R)

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar.
Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/