Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Marconi and France Telecom Form Technology Agreement for Advancement of RF Optimization Software for Mobile Operators

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 08:04:02 -0400

Marconi and France Telecom Form Technology Agreement for Advancement of
RF Optimization Software for Mobile Operators

Advanced France Telecom Research and Development software will augment
Marconi's Planet EV portfolio

DALLAS, July 26 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Marconi's Wireless Business
Unit, part of Marconi Corporation plc (London: MONI and Nasdaq: MRCIY)
announced today an agreement to develop and integrate France Telecom
Research and Development RF design and optimization technologies into
Marconi's leading Planet(R) EV software portfolio.
"France Telecom's R&D group is widely recognized for its technical
skill, reflected in the quality and leadership of the networks using its
products, and we are very pleased to partner with such a respected
organization," said Chip Wagner, head of the Marconi Wireless Business
Unit. "Our agreement brings together the complementary skills of our two
organizations to address the evolving needs of operators as they design,
deploy, and optimize 2G and 3G networks. The benefits to our customers
will be immediate, providing them with additional compelling and fully
integrated applications that are directly targeted at solving their
highest priority network challenges. We fully expect this relationship
to further accelerate and extend our lead position in the market."

This cooperation leverages the collective efforts of two superior mobile
research and development teams delivering world-class software solutions
for RF design and operations. Marconi will incorporate France Telecom
applications and technology within the Planet EV network design and
optimization suite, allowing users to benefit from best-in-class
software within a single platform. These tools will complement Marconi's
existing portfolio and will be specifically targeted to maximizing the
performance, quality and profitability of existing networks -- uniquely
enabling 3G network migration and rollout.  "By leveraging Marconi's
global footprint and considerable customer base, this partnership is key
to bringing France Telecom's advanced radio planning technologies to the
market. We are truly excited about partnering with the recognized leader
in this space. We believe our simulation techniques will have
significant value to mobile operators and provide an undeniable
advantage in the market," said Francois Jamet, head of Intellectual
Property and Licensing, France Telecom R&D. "We look forward to
improving our leadership role through continuing the development of
advanced technologies together."
Notes to editors

About France Telecom

France Telecom is one of the world's leading telecommunications
carriers, with 117,1 million customers on the five continents (220
countries and territories) and consolidated operating revenues of 46.1
billion euros for 2003. Through its major international brands,
including Orange, Wanadoo, Equant and GlobeCast, France Telecom provides
businesses, consumers and other carriers with a complete portfolio of
solutions that spans local, long-distance and international telephony,
wireless, Internet, multimedia, data, broadcast and cable TV services.

France Telecom is the second-largest wireless operator and Internet
access provider in Europe, and a world leader in telecommunications
solutions for multinational corporations. France Telecom (NYSE: FTE) is
listed on the Paris and New York stock exchanges.

France Telecom R&D, a research and development centre, provides
innovation thrust for France Telecom and its subsidiaries, in France and

abroad.  Its role is to anticipate revolutions in technology and
customer use,
providing innovation to offer customers the best from
telecommunications,
simultaneously imagining today the technologies which will be part of
their
daily life tomorrow.  France Telecom R&D's results have put the Group in
the
lead position in Europe in terms of telecommunications research and
development. http://www.rd.francetelecom.fr/fr/medias/medias.php

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Yahoo! Domains - Claim yours for only $14.70
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/