Subject: RE: [NEXTEL-1] Re: The FCC Mess- FCC Approves Nextel Spectrum Swap Plan - But At What Cost?

From: "Madden, Roger" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 11:37:35 -0400

Actually, it might be even worse -- IF there is anybody left at FCC that
remembers the FCC used to have an interference policy of "last in, fixes
the problem" for private radio services, at least.  

In a number of cases (gasp!), that might be the responsibility of 800
MHz public safety rather than Nextel.

Does "clean hands" doctrine apply to ESMRs and public safety, telecom in
general, or not at all?

Roger
___________

-----Original Message-----
From: sparkie_rf [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, July 14, 2004 9:35 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Re: The FCC Mess- FCC Approves Nextel Spectrum Swap
Plan - But At What Cost?

--- In [email-masked], "marcel_rf1" <Marcelrf@B...> wrote:
 
> 
> If nextel goes someone else will step in.

Ayy, Ayy!

And this is the american way.

PS. It seems that Powell pulled a fast one on Timmy, by upping the
consequences of future interference if Nextel decides to decline.

I can just hear the boardroom discussion in Reston right now, Big Timmy
sits at the head of table and all the lackys argue this and that,
finally Timmy speaks and moves his to the big red "emergency only"
phone. Timmy says, "I need to call Tony." The flunkies are all confused
but bumbling Barry, who knows the truth is that it's time to call on the
big guy, Tony Soprano (1-800-HIT-MANN).

(come to think of it, I've already seen this on SouthPark!!!)

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security. Subscribe to
WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Yahoo! Domains - Claim yours for only $14.70
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/