Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Israel Allows Competing PTT Carriers

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 15:50:26 -0400

Israel Allows Competing PTT Carriers
Jul 14, 2004

Believe it or not, Israel - where it seems everyone has at least two
cellphones going at any given time - finally will be giving its wireless
customers some choice when it come to buying push-to-talk (PTT)
services. Unlike the United States, where PTT technology is touted by
most carriers (to the dismay of those of us who like peace and quiet),
one operator - MIRS Communications - has had a lock on the market.
But that's all over now, says Ehud Olmert, who holds the dual position
of Minister of Industry, Trade and Labor and Minister of Communications.
For the next year, he's allowing competing wireless carriers, like
Cellcom, to offer PTT to subscribing companies that run fewer than 20
phones; this move reportedly will allow MIRS to get used to the idea
that its time as lone wolf is up. After the breaking-in period, Israeli
carriers will be allowed to market PTT to anyone.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar.
Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/