Subject: [NEXTEL-1] EFJ, Inc. Supplies Voice Security for Olympics in Greece; Transcrypt Subsidiary Chosen to Provide Critical Secure Communications

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 07:49:24 -0400

EFJ, Inc. Supplies Voice Security for Olympics in Greece; Transcrypt
Subsidiary Chosen to Provide Critical Secure Communications

WASHINGTON, July 27 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- EFJ, Inc. (Nasdaq: EFJI)
announced that its Transcrypt International subsidiary has sold
encryption modules for two-way radios used in the upcoming 2004 Olympic
Games in Athens, Greece. Transcrypt's voice privacy products will be
installed in 3,500 Kenwood radios and used to secure communications
throughout the Olympic Games, which take place August 13th through the
29th.

"Security is critical to this event and Transcrypt is proud to play a
role in helping protect the more than 16,000 athletes and team officials
from around the world," stated Michael E. Jalbert chairman and CEO of
EFJ, Inc.  "Transcrypt's encryption will assure that unwanted listeners
cannot overhear confidential radio communications.  This will provide
security personnel the confidentiality they need to conduct operations,"
added Jalbert.

"As the worldwide leader in voice privacy, we at Transcrypt are very
aware of the need for covert operations," said Michael Kelley, general
manager of Transcrypt.  "At any given time there might be up to 72,000
spectators and 5,500 media personnel attending the events at the Olympic
Stadium.  We share everyone's concern for the protection of human life
throughout the entire event."

"Selection of Transcrypt encryption modules was based on their proven
quality and reliability," commented Grigoris Papakonstantinou, Manager
of the Radiocommunications Department for Anco Greece, Transcrypt's
authorized dealer. "Transcrypt was able to provide an encryption product
that met the stringent security requirements of this extremely
security-sensitive customer."

Established in 1978, Transcrypt International is a leader in secure
voice communication solutions for international, commercial and
government customers, delivering land mobile radio security products in
over 2,600 different configurations, on over ten thousand communication
systems in more than 120 countries since 1978. The company designs,
manufactures, and markets information security hardware and software
that utilizes sophisticated scrambling and encryption techniques to
protect sensitive voice and data transmissions. For more information,
visit http://www.transcryptsecure.com.

EFJ, Inc is the Washington, D. C. based parent company to
industry-leading wireless telecommunications equipment and solutions
businesses. EFJ, Inc. is home to the EFJohnson Company, one of the first
developers of Project 25 mobile communications products compliant with
federal government interoperability standards, and Transcrypt
International, a leader in secure voice communication solutions. EFJ,
Inc. has a team in place with experience in telecommunications and
government sales. EFJohnson and Transcrypt International are wholly
owned subsidiaries of EFJ, Inc. For more information, visit
http://www.efji.com.

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/