Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Tower crashes onto radio station building, vehicles

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 10:06:11 -0400

Tower crashes onto radio station building, vehicles
No serious injuries reported
River parishes bureau

GONZALES -- A 500-foot-tall radio tower being dismantled in Ascension
Parish crashed to the ground Monday, crushing three vehicles and the
station office building while sending workers and observers scrambling
for safety............

More:
http://www.2theadvocate.com/stories/071204/new_tower001.shtml

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar.
Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: "Matthew Anderson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 14:48:20 -0500

I talked to some people familiar with this incident, as it is only a few
miles from one of our tower sites. These old AM tower are very dangerous. I
suspect the base insulator jumped out and caused the tower to fall in an
unexpected direction. Thankfully no one was seriously injured....

Matt 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, July 13, 2004 9:06 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Tower crashes onto radio station building, vehicles

Tower crashes onto radio station building, vehicles No serious injuries
reported River parishes bureau

GONZALES -- A 500-foot-tall radio tower being dismantled in Ascension Parish
crashed to the ground Monday, crushing three vehicles and the station office
building while sending workers and observers scrambling for
safety............

More:

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Yahoo! Domains - Claim yours for only $14.70
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

 
Yahoo! Groups Links