Subject: [NEXTEL-1] CIA's Acting Chief Says Threat Highest Since 9/11]

From: NEXTEL-1
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 16:42:07 -0400

CIA's Acting Chief Says Threat Highest Since 9/11 

http://reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=topNews&storyID=5661504
 by Tabassum Zakaria

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The terrorist threat against the United States
in the run-up to the November election is as serious as at any time
since the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks, acting CIA Director John McLaughlin
said on Tuesday.

"This is about as serious a threat environment as I have seen since
9/11," said McLaughlin, the deputy director who took over on Sunday
pending appointment of a permanent successor to Director George Tenet
who resigned amid criticism of the agency's performance.

"The quality of the information we have now is such that we have high
confidence that the nation needs to be on guard," McLaughlin told
Reuters in a telephone interview........

More:http://reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=topNews&storyID=5661504

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar.
Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/