Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Motorola Presents the Powerful Appeal of 'Push-To' Technology at iWireless World in Los Angeles

From: NEXTEL-1
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 20:41:40 -0400

Motorola Presents the Powerful Appeal of 'Push-To' Technology at
iWireless World in Los Angeles

Koenig to Discuss Future of 'Push-To' Technology in Keynote Address Jul.
22

TEWKSBURY, Mass., July 21 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Motorola Inc.
(NYSE: MOT), a global leader in Push-To-Talk, will share its vision of
"Push-to" technology and the mass market appeal of Push-To-Talk during a
keynote presentation at iWireless World in Los Angeles.  Michael Koenig,
vice president, Converged Communications Operations at Winphoria
Networks, Inc., a Motorola subsidiary, is set to discuss the
transformative nature of this quick, walkie-talkie-like form of
communication and how consumers, operators, content providers and
developers around the world can benefit from its continued growth and
availability.

The 4th Annual iWireless World, organized by iHollywood Forum, is being
held at the Hilton Universal City in Los Angeles Jul. 21-22, 2004.
Nearly 100 industry executives are on the two-day program agenda that
addresses the latest trends in the telecommunications industry.  The
event draws attendees from entertainment, wireless, telecommunications,
Internet, digital media, technology and enterprise who are interested in
how the arrival of mobile and wireless content and technology will
transform how people work and play.  "Push-To-Talk over Cellular is an
application that provides users with exciting new ways of communicating
with one another, and the enabling technology behind it offers promise
for a host of new 'push-to' applications and services," said Koenig.
"Motorola has a full suite of scalable PoC solutions that allow
operators to deploy service today while simultaneously laying a
foundation for future 'push-to' data opportunities including text, image
or video exchange."

Motorola is a leading player in PoC with 16 contract wins supporting
customers in 22 countries and territories worldwide.  This total
includes several commercially deployed systems.  Motorola is committed
to open standards and is helping to drive toward industry-wide
standardization through the Open Mobile Alliance.  In addition, Motorola
has a program to license its standards-based PoC client software to 3rd
party handset manufacturers and software developers.

Koenig is responsible for product management, new product introduction,
product support and partner programs for Motorola's PoC initiatives and
emerging Internet Protocol Multi-media Subsystem (IMS) programs.  PoC is
the first in a suite of IMS applications.

Web Site: http://www.motorola.com/NSS

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar.
Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/