Subject: [NEXTEL-1] New York warms to VoIP

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2004 18:09:42 -0400

New York warms to VoIP

Original URL: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/08/04/new_york_voip/
New York warms to VoIP
By Lucy Sherriff (lucy.sherriff at theregister.co.uk)
Published Wednesday 4th August 2004 14:06 GMT

Small businesses in New York are warming to the idea of Voice over
Internet 
Protocol (VoIP) telephony, if M5 Networks' recent business wins are 
indicative of a trend. The company announced that in the last month, it
has 
signed 15 new business clients, and poached over 600 phone users from 
Cisco: representing six per cent growth in its customer base.

Dan Hoffman, CEO and President of M5 Networks, said: "After working for 
four years to build a business model and infrastructure to handle the
type 
of growth predicted by analysts for our market, we are pleased to see
that 
the growth curve for this technology is significantly accelerating in
New 
York's small business market."

Companies that have signed up include The Betty Cuningham Gallery, based
in 
Manhattan, Interstate Financial Group, a full-service financial planning 
firm, and multiple office locations for InsPara Networking Technologies,
an 
IT consulting company.

M5 says that it has noticed that the average size of the company opting
for 
VoIP is continuing to grow, suggesting that the technology is nudging
the 
bigger leagues. ®

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar.
Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/