Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Mobilcom Brings PTT To Germany

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2004 13:53:50 -0400

Mobilcom Brings PTT To Germany
BY SUSAN RUSH
AUGUST 6, 2004

Germany's Mobilcom has been asking itself, "Why should U.S. wireless
customers have all the push-to-talk fun?" As a result, the operator is
gearing up to launch walkie-talkie services to its customers in Germany.

Mobilcom is already conducting a technology trial with 200 users with
the help of Nokia's 6600 handset. A commercial launch is slated for
fourth quarter 2004. At the time of launch, Mobilcom's PTT service also
will be supported by other Symbian OSS-based handsets, including the
Nokia 3650 and 7650 and the Sony Ericsson P800 and P900.
Mobilcom's sales director Michael Grodd believes push-to-talk technology
is a useful and economic alternative to expensive special radio
services.

The U.S. PTT space, once owned by Nextel Communications, has gotten more
crowded. First Verizon Wireless jumped into the fray, followed by Sprint
and Alltel.  Around the world, PTT also is beginning to take hold.
Orange has launched a PTT service of its own in France and the United
Kingdom. Other rollouts of the technology have followed in places such
as India.

http://www.wirelessweek.com/index.asp?layout=newsat2direct&starting=4&pubdate=08/06/04

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Yahoo! Domains - Claim yours for only $14.70
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/