Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Welcome to Inside the FDNY - Additional Rescue Unit Added

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2004 18:31:16 -0400

-------- Original Message --------
From: "Charles P. Conrad" <[email-masked]>
Subject:Welcome to Inside the FDNY - Additional Rescue Unit Added

http://www.nyc.gov/html/fdny/insider/events/rescue_unit_080204.shtml

It is being manned by guys from each of the Rescue Companies on a 60-day 
basis.  The officers are all regular SOC covering guys who now have a 
temporary berth.  This was all scheduled to go in effect for the
Convention 
later in August anyway but the higher security levels have pushed 
everything up.

Chuck Conrad
Fort Lauderdale
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Additional Rescue Unit Added 

Effective 6:00 PM Monday, August 2, 2004 the Fire Department has placed
into service an
additional Rescue Unit.The unit, designated Rescue Company 6, will be
housed in the quarters
of Ladder Company 20 in Manhattan and will respond to emergencies south
of 23rd Street. The
unit will remain in service until further notice.

The addition of Rescue Company 6 brings the number of specialized units
capable of
responding to a wide array of incidents, (explosions, collapse, Haz-Mat.
High angle rescue) to
14 (7 Squads, 6 Rescues, 1 Haz Mat).

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Yahoo! Domains - Claim yours for only $14.70
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/