Subject: [NEXTEL-1] FCC - 08/05/2004

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2004 15:26:04 -0400

FCC TAKES ACTION TO PROTECT WIRELESS SUBSCRIBERS FROM SPAM.   Prohibits
sending commercial messages referencing specified domain names.  News
Release. (Dkt No 02-278                   , 04-53). Adopted:
08/04/2004. News Media Contact: Rosemary Kimball at (202) 418-0511,
email: [email-masked]  CGB. Contact Ruth Yodaiken at (202)
418-7928
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-250522A1.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-250522A2.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-250522A3.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-250522A1.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-250522A2.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-250522A3.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-250522A1.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-250522A2.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-250522A3.txt> 

 COMMISSION SEEKS COMMENT ON RULE CHANGES FOR THE EMERGENCY ALERT
SYSTEM.   The FCC issued a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking concerning the
EAS, seeking comment on how EAS can be improved to be a more effective
mechanism for warning the American public of an emergency.  News
Release. (Dkt No 04-296). Adopted:  08/04/2004. News Media Contact:
Suzanne Tetreault at (202) 418-7450  EB. Contact Suzanne Tetreault at
(202) 418-7450 and James Dailey at (202) 418-1199
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-250534A1.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-250534A2.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-250534A3.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-250534A4.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-250534A5.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-250534A6.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-250534A1.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-250534A2.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-250534A3.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-250534A4.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-250534A5.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-250534A6.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-250534A1.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-250534A2.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-250534A3.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-250534A4.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-250534A5.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-250534A6.txt> 

 FCC TAKES NEXT STEPS TO PROMOTE DIGITAL TV TRANSITION.   The FCC
adopted a Report and Order that implements several steps necessary for
the continued progress of the conversion of the nation's television
broadcast system from analog technology to digital television ("DTV").
News Release. Adopted:  08/04/2004. News Media Contact: Suzon Cameron at
(202) 418-1916  MB. Contact Eloise Gore and Rick Chessen at (202)
418-7200, TTY: (202) 418-7172
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-250542A1.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-250542A2.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-250542A3.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-250542A4.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-250542A5.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-250542A1.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-250542A2.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-250542A3.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-250542A4.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-250542A5.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-250542A1.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-250542A2.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-250542A3.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-250542A4.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-250542A5.txt> 

 FCC APPROVES DIGITAL OUTPUT PROTECTION TECHNOLOGIES AND RECORDING
METHOD CERTIFICATIONS.   The FCC adopted a Report and Order approving
thirteen digital output protection technologies and recording methods
under the evaluative criteria established in the Digital Broadcast
Content Protection Report and Order ("Broadcast Flag Order").  News
Release. (Dkt No 04-55). Adopted:  08/04/2004. News Media Contact: Suzon
Cameron at (202) 418-1916  MB. Contact Susan Mort or Rick Chessen at
(202) 418-7200, TTY: (202) 418-7172
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-250532A1.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-250532A2.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-250532A1.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-250532A2.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-250532A1.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-250532A2.txt> 

 FCC ADOPTS NOTICE OF PROPOSED RULEMAKING AND DECLARATORY RULING
REGARDING COMMUNICATIONS ASSISTANCE FOR LAW ENFORCEMENT ACT  ("CALEA").
The FCC begins a thorough examination of the appropriate legal and
policy framework for implementing the Communications Assistance for Law
Enforcement Act.  News Release. (Dkt No 04-295). Adopted:  08/04/2004.
News Media Contact: Julis Knapp at (202) 418-2468  OET. Contact Rodney
Small at (202) 418-2452 or Geraldine Matise at (202) 418-2322
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-250547A1.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-250547A2.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-250547A3.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-250547A4.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-250547A5.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-250547A1.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-250547A2.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-250547A3.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-250547A4.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-250547A5.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-250547A1.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-250547A2.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-250547A3.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-250547A4.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-250547A5.txt> 

 FCC ADOPTS RULES TO ENHANCE NETWORK OUTAGE REPORTING TO FACILITATE MORE
RELIABLE TELECOMMUNICATIONS AND PROMOTE HOMELAND SECURITY.   The FCC
adopted new rules requiring wireless, wireline, cable and satellite
telecommunications providers to report information electronically to the
Commission.  News Release. (Dkt No 04-35). Adopted:  08/04/2004. News
Media Contact: Fred Thomas at (202) 418-2449  OET. Contact Kent Nilsson
at (202) 418-0845 e-mail: [email-masked] or Jeffery.Goldthorpov
e-mail: [email-masked]
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-250543A1.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-250543A2.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-250543A3.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-250543A4.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-250543A5.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-250543A6.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-250543A1.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-250543A2.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-250543A3.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-250543A4.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-250543A5.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-250543A6.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-250543A1.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-250543A2.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-250543A3.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-250543A4.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-250543A5.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-250543A6.txt> 

 FCC TAKES ACTION TO PROMOTE BROADBAND DEPLOYMENT TO  MULTIPLE DWELLING
UNITS (MDUS).   The FCC acted to promote broadband deployment to
consumers by providing the incumbent local exchange carriers (LECs)
additional incentives to invest in broadband facilities to multiple
dwelling units (MDUs).  News Release. (Dkt No 96-98                    ,
98-147). Adopted:  08/04/2004. News Media Contact: Diane L. Griffin at
(202) 418-7294, email: [email-masked]  WCB. Contact Pamela Arluk
at (202) 418-1471
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-250545A1.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-250545A2.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-250545A3.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-250545A4.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-250545A5.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-250545A1.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-250545A2.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-250545A3.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-250545A4.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-250545A5.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-250545A1.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-250545A2.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-250545A3.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-250545A4.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-250545A5.txt> 

Report No: 2668 Released:  08/05/2004.  CONSUMER & GOVERNMENTAL AFFAIRS
BUREAU REFERENCE INFORMATION CENTER PETITION FOR RULEMAKING FILED.  CGB
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-250575A1.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-250575A1.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-250575A1.txt> 

 Released:  08/05/2004.  EX PARTE PRESENTATIONS AND POST-REPLY COMMENT
PERIOD FILING IN PERMIT-BUT-DISCLOSURE PROCEEDINGS.  OMD. Contact:
Helen Abraham @ (202) 418-0310
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-250550A1.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-250550A1.txt> 

 REQUEST FOR WAIVER BY MIDPORT ELECTRONICS, INC. TO ALLOW OPERATION ON
FREQUENCIES IN THE 421-430 MHZ BAND IN THE DETROIT, MICHIGAN AREA.
Granted Request for Waiver. Action by:  Chief, Public Safety and
Critical Infrastructure Division, Wireless Telecommunications Bureau.
Adopted:  07/28/2004 by ORDER. (DA No. 04-2439).  WTB
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-04-2439A1.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-04-2439A1.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-04-2439A1.txt> 
ADDENDA:  THE FOLLOWING ITEMS, RELEASED AUGUST 4, 2004, DID NOT APPEAR
IN DIGEST NO. 146:

 HOMELAND SECURITY POLICY COUNCIL HIGHLIGHTS FCC ACTIONS PROMOTING
HOMELAND SECURITY.  News Release. Adopted:  08/04/2004. News Media
Contact: Meribeth McCarrick at (202) 418-0654, email:
[email-masked]  EB
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-250521A1.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-250521A2.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-250521A3.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-250521A1.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-250521A2.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-250521A3.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-250521A4.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-250521A1.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-250521A2.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-250521A3.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-250521A4.txt> 

Report No: AUC-04-57-C Released:  08/04/2004.  AUTOMATED MARITIME
TELECOMMUNICATIONS SYSTEM SPECTRUM AUCTION. (DA No.  04-2468)  Status of
FCC Form 175 Applications to Participate in the Auction,   Auction No.
57.  WTB. Contact:  Gail Glasser at (202) 418-0578, FCC Technical
Support Hotline:  (202) 414-1250, TTY: (202) 418-1255, Howard Davenport
at (202) 418-0660, Roy Knowles at (717) 338-2888 or Lisa Stover at (717)
338-2888
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-04-2468A1.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-04-2468A1.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-04-2468A2.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-04-2468A3.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-04-2468A1.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-04-2468A2.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-04-2468A3.txt>

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Yahoo! Domains - Claim yours for only $14.70
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/