Subject: [NEXTEL-1] EFJ, Inc. Receives Order for $980,000 from City of Columbus

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2004 20:44:19 -0400

EFJ, Inc. Receives Order for $980,000 from City of Columbus

EFJohnson Subsidiary to Provide Portable Radios to Ohio Capital and
Surrounding Counties
Washington, DC – August 4, 2004 — EFJ, Inc. (NASDAQ: EFJI) announced
today that its EFJohnson subsidiary has received an order for $980,000
from the City of Columbus, Ohio. The order calls for EFJohnson to
provide the city with its Project 25 compliant portable radios.

“As one of only two suppliers of Project 25 radios that also feature
SMARTNET® and SmartZone® protocols, we are very pleased to be providing
solutions for the City of Columbus and its surrounding area,” said
Michael E. Jalbert, chairman and chief executive officer of EFJ, Inc.

“The radios will operate on the MARCS (Multiple Agency Radio
Communications System) radio network, which includes approximately 280
sites throughout Ohio,” said David Borden, communications administrator
for the City of Columbus. “We need a radio that can operate on SMARTNET,
SmartZone, and P25 trunked systems, and the EFJohnson radios meet the
need.  We have thoroughly tested the EFJohnson radios over the State of
Ohio SmartZone radio system in both Cincinnati and Cleveland, and they
are interoperable with the city’s SMARTNET radio system.”

The company worked closely with the Columbus office of Bear
Communications, Inc. (BearCom), a nationwide dealer of wireless
communications products in obtaining the sale.
EFJohnson provides digital Project 25 compliant interoperable wireless
communications systems solutions for federal, state and local agencies
involved with homeland security and public safety.  EFJohnson, founded
in 1923, was one of the first developers of wireless communications
products to be fully compliant with federal government interoperability
specifications. The company designs, manufactures, and markets
conventional and trunked radio systems, land mobile radio repeaters and
mobile and portable radios. For more information, visit
www.efjohnson.com.

EFJ, Inc is the Washington, DC based parent company to industry-leading
wireless telecommunications solutions businesses. EFJ, Inc. is home to
the EFJohnson Company, one of the first developers of Project 25 mobile
communications products compliant with federal government
interoperability standards, and Transcrypt International, a leader in
secure voice communication solutions. EFJohnson and Transcrypt
International are wholly owned subsidiaries of EFJ, Inc. For more
information, visit www.efji.com.
SMARTNET® and SmartZone® are registered trademarks of Motorola, Inc.
http://www.efjohnson.com/newsdetail.asp?id=230

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar.
Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/