Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Air Force builds $490m comm infrastructure

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2004 16:57:52 -0400

07/30/04

Air Force builds $490m comm infrastructure
By Dawn S. Onley
GCN Staff
The Air Force has hired several companies under a $490 million contract
to build a communications infrastructure for deployed personnel.
The service plans to buy 140 satellite communications terminals, 148
network control centers and 181 integrated communication access packages
under the indefinite-delivery, indefinite-quantity contract.
The contractors are two Northrop Grumman Corp. divisions—Defense Mission
Systems of Reston, Va., and Electronic Systems of Gaithersburg,
Md.—General Dynamics Corp. Decision Systems of Scottsdale, Ariz.; Dell
Marketing of Round Rock, Texas; and Redcom Laboratories Inc. of Victor,
N.Y. The object is to improve interoperability, increase capacity, and
decrease airlift and footprint of comm systems, and field common fixed
solutions, a DOD statement said. Work under the contract is to be
complete by July 2009.

The Electronic Systems Center at Hanscom Air Force Base, Mass., is the
contracting agency. About $20 million of the contract amount is already
obligated.

http://gcn.com/vol1_no1/daily-updates/26805-1.html

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar.
Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/