Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Arson Blamed For Communication Tower Fire

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2004 13:20:21 -0400

Arson Blamed For Communication Tower Fire

VANCOUVER, WASH.
August 6, 2004 

A Washington state alarm foundation is offering a $10,000
reward for information leading to the arrest of an arsonist
who set fire to a 202-foot tall communication tower in Vancouver.

Video of story:
http://easylink.playstream.com/katu/040806tower_of_fire.wvx
 
According to Jim Flaherty with the Vancouver Fire Department,
it was close to midnight when the fire was set at the shared
communication tower of the Washington State Patrol and the
Washington State Department of Transportation headquarters. 

Although the blaze cut the state patrol's communications in
Clark County for a time, 911 communications were not interrupted. 

Investigators from the Vancouver Fire Marshal's office found
that the cables and wires at the base of the tower were burned. 

Flaherty says the fire was put out by early this morning. 

No one was injured, but the person or persons responsible for
setting the blaze remain on the loose. 

According to Garvin March with the Washington State Patrol,
there have been three other fires at towers. 

(From KATU & AP reports)
Source: http://www.katu.com/news/story.asp?ID=69888

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar.
Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/