Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Wireless Design Online Newsletter

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2004 16:09:48 -0400

August 05, 2004                           www.wirelessdesignonline.com

Spare A Minute?                                     Featured CD-ROM

 Wireless Design Online asks for your                   [Image]
participation in an anonymous online survey
about the wireless semiconductor industry. The  Introduction To Antenna
survey -- a follow-up to the one we conducted   Fundamentals
in March -- is quick and painless. Thanks for   By Steven R. Best
your ongoing support!
                                                 This course introduces
 Featured Article                               basic antenna concepts
 White Paper: Nexxim -- Ansoft's New Circuit    and definitions used in
 Simulator For RF, Analog, And Mixed-Signal     the antenna industry.
 Design                                         Antenna characteristics
 By Ansoft Corporation                          such as VSWR, radiation
                                                patterns, directivity,
  This paper introduces the capabilities of     gain, polarization,
 Nexxim, Ansoft's new circuit simulator, and    axial ratio, and EIRP
 describes its use within the general design    are defined and their
 flow of RF/mixed-signal IC design. It begins   impact on wireless
 with a brief overview of industry trends and   system performance is
 requirements for modern circuit simulation     discussed. The course
 and design. Numerous simulation examples are   also describes
 provided, including a 2.4 GHz PLL, a complete  different antenna
 Bluetooth receiver, a highly nonlinear         types, including
 frequency divider, and an ADC...               resonant antennas,
                                                frequency independent
 Top News Stories                               antennas, aperture
                                                antennas, arrays and
 [Image]Anadigics Awarded Patents For PA        electrically small
        Technology, RF Circuit Design           antennas...
        WJ Introduces High IP3 FET Mixer For
 [Image]2.5 And 3G PCS Receivers And              Consulting Services
        Transmitters                            ProSavvy brings clients
                                                with projects together
 [Image]SafeNet Announces SafeZone Toolkit For  with consultants who
        OMAP5912 Mobile Processor
                                                have the right
        Electronic Textile Antennas Boost       expertise. We also
 [Image]Performance Of OEM Wireless, Radar      provide consultants the
        Products                                ability to access

 [Image]Sypris Adds RF, Microwave To Line Of    project opportunities.
        Testing Services                        Visit ProSavvy and post
 [Image]Wireless LAN Sales To Jump 20% In 2004  your project today!
        National Scientific Announces              Training Resources
 [Image]Availability Of Wi-Fi Tracking
        Technology                              Thinking About
                                                Continuing Your
 [Image]Global Semiconductor Sales Up 40.3%     Education?
        Year-Over-Year, Says SIA                Let us help you find
 Featured Products                              the right school for
 Vector Network Analyzer 4-Port         [Image] you. Whether you would
 Automatic Calibrators                          like to get an
 The 36584 series AutoCal modules from          Associate's Degree,
 Anritsu are automatic calibrators that         Bachelor's Degree, or
 provide fast, repeatable and                   Master's Degree, we can
 high-quality coaxial calibration for           help you pinpoint which
 2-, 3-, and 4-port S-parameter                 schools to choose from.
 requirements. Downloadable product             For further details,
 brochure and application note are              visit CareerMag.
 available...                                      Trade Publications

 Dual-Band Direct Quadrature Modulator  [Image] Browse through our
 RF Micro Devices' RF2483 is a                  extensive list of
 high-performance modulator that                complimentary trade
 supports CDMA, WCDMA, TDMA, GSM and            publications. Visit our
 EDGE. It is an ultra low-noise,                Trade Publications page
 dual-band direct modulator with AGC            for more information.
 designed for handset or base station
 applications. Downloadable product
 datasheet and selection guide are
 available...

 CellularRAM Memory                     [Image]
 CellularRAM devices are a new
 multi-generation family of low-power
 pseudo-static RAM (PSRAM) for wireless
 handsets. They are designed to meet
 the growing memory and bandwidth
 demands of future 2.5G and 3G handset
 designs. Downloadable product flyer
 available...

 Glass-Mount Antennas -- Cellular and   [Image]
 Dual Cellular/PCS
 Mobile Mark's glass-mount mobile
 antennas use a patented current-fed
 design that results in stable
 performance over the life of the
 antenna. The antenna provides
 efficient through-glass coupling and
 excellent impedance matching.
 Downloadable product datasheets are
 available...

 -
 I