Subject: [NEXTEL-1] 1st Response Coalition releases Interoperability White Paper

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2004 13:43:00 -0400

1st Response Coalition releases Interoperability White Paper

"Almost three years after 9/11, it is long past time our
Police, Fire, and Emergency personnel have the equipment
to talk to each other"

- Commissioner William Fox,
Metropolitan Fire Association, New York
First Response Coalition Member

Since 9/11, the Administration has failed to provide funding
to solve interoperability problems that prevent first responders
from communicating with each other and with other federal,
state and local agencies. This basic lack of communication
threatens the lives and safety of police, firefighters, other first
responders and the public.

The First Response Plan

The "First Response" plan would help fund a state of the art nationwide
public
safety network that improves communication capabilities, for every
community
across the country:

-- $5 Billion in funding for interoperable police,fire, EMT
communication
upgrades achieved by auction of spectrum.

-- Accelerated Regional Deployment to ensure that a majority of systems
nationwide are upgraded by 2006, with priority deployment to rural areas
and
underserved communities.

-- Low interest loans and guarantees to help rural areas, underserved
and
economically disadvantaged communities provide needed upgrades in
service.

-- National and regional advisory panels of first responders and
representatives
from communities of color, senior citizen and disability communities to
identify
communication problems, recommend solutions, devise and implement
diverse
service strategies that are equitable, adequate and accessible to the
needs of
diverse communities.

White Paper:

It’s Time To Talk: Achieving Interoperable Communications For America's
First
Responders

http://www.firstresponsecoalition.org./docs/Interoperability_White_Paper.pdf

 http://www.firstresponsecoalition.org./

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Yahoo! Domains - Claim yours for only $14.70
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/