Subject: [NEXTEL-1] FOREST INDUSTRIES TELECOMMUNICATIONS IS CERTIFIED AS A FREQUENCY COORDINATOR FOR PART 90 929-930 MHz PAGING FREQUENCIES AND PLMR SPECIAL EMERGENCY FREQUENCIES BELOW 512 MHz

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2004 13:25:52 -0400

DA 04-2477
Released: August 6, 2004

WIRELESS TELECOMMUNICATIONS BUREAU ANNOUNCES FOREST INDUSTRIES
TELECOMMUNICATIONS IS CERTIFIED AS A FREQUENCY COORDINATOR FOR PART 90
929-930 MHz PAGING FREQUENCIES AND PLMR SPECIAL EMERGENCY FREQUENCIES
BELOW 512 MHz

On May 6, 2004, the Public Safety and Critical Infrastructure Division
and Mobility Division (Divisions), Wireless Telecommunications Bureau
(Bureau), released an Order finding it in the public interest to expand
competition among frequency coordinators in the Part 90 929-930 MHz
paging frequencies  and Private Land Mobile Radio (PLMR) Special
Emergency frequencies  below 512 MHz.   Additionally, the Divisions
concluded that the Industrial Telecommunications Association (ITA) and
American Mobile Telecommunications Association, Inc. (AMTA) - - each of
which was already certified as a frequency advisory committee (FAC) for
the Industrial/Business Pool of PLMR frequencies below 512 MHz, and each
of which had requested certification for the Part 90 929-930 MHz paging
frequencies and PLMR Special Emergency frequencies below 512 MHz - -
were qualified to be FACs for the frequencies in these two categories.
Consequently, ITA and AMTA were certified to coordinate these
frequencies.

We offered the opportunity for other Part 90 certified frequency
coordinators to perform the same function for the 929-930 MHz paging
frequencies and PLMR Special Emergency frequencies below 512 MHz.
Interested coordinators were provided with forty-five days from the date
the Order was released (May 6, 2004) to notify the Bureau of its
intention to coordinate these frequencies.   By correspondence dated May
10, 2004, Forest Industries Telecommunications (FIT) provided the
required notification.   We hereby certify FIT to coordinate the Part 90
929-930 MHz paging frequencies and PLMR Special Emergency frequencies
below 512 MHz.

For further information, contact Tom Eng of the Public Safety and
Critical Infrastructure Division, Wireless Telecommunications Bureau at
(202) 418-0019, TTY (202) 418-7233, [email-masked], or Joyce Nary of
the Mobility Division, Wireless Telecommunications Bureau at (717)
338-2627, [email-masked].
By the Acting Chief, Public Safety and Critical Infrastructure Division
and the Deputy Chief, Mobility Division, Wireless Telecommunications
Bureau.
- FCC -

http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-04-2477A1.doc

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar.
Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/