Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Centennial Forges Spectrum Deals

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2004 20:56:01 -0400

Centennial Forges Spectrum Deals
BY SUSAN RUSH
AUGUST 4, 2004

Centennial Communications is wheeling and dealing. The regional wireless
carrier is purchasing some wireless spectrum from AT&T Wireless for
about $19.5 million, but plans to sell a chunk of that newly acquired
spectrum to Verizon Wireless.
The 10 MHz of spectrum Centennial is acquiring from AT&T Wireless has
come about as a result of a Centennial decision to exercise its option
to buy the licenses. The properties cover contiguous markets in Michigan
and Indiana.  Specific markets include Anderson, Indianapolis, Lafayette
and Muncie, Ind.; and Lansing, Grand Rapids, Muskegan and Saginaw-Bay
City, Mich.

In a related transaction, Centennial intends to sale the licenses in
Indianapolis and Lafayette, Ind., to Verizon Wireless for $24 million in
cash.

http://www.wirelessweek.com/index.asp?layout=newsat2direct&starting=4&pubdate=08/04/04

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar.
Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/