Subject: [NEXTEL-1] UNITED TELECOM COUNCIL AND MRFAC, INC. ARE CERTIFIED AS FREQUENCY COORDINATORS FOR PART 90 929-930 MHz PAGING FREQUENCIES AND PLMR SPECIAL EMERGENCY FREQUENCIES BELOW 512 MHz

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2004 14:52:24 -0400

DA 04-2452
Released: August 4, 2004

WIRELESS TELECOMMUNICATIONS BUREAU ANNOUNCES UNITED TELECOM COUNCIL AND
MRFAC, INC. ARE CERTIFIED AS FREQUENCY COORDINATORS FOR PART 90 929-930
MHz PAGING FREQUENCIES AND PLMR SPECIAL EMERGENCY FREQUENCIES BELOW 512
MHz

On May 6, 2004, the Public Safety and Critical Infrastructure Division
and Mobility Division (Divisions), Wireless Telecommunications Bureau
(Bureau), released an Order finding it in the public interest to expand
competition among frequency coordinators in the Part 90 929-930 MHz
paging frequencies  and Private Land Mobile Radio (PLMR) Special
Emergency frequencies  below 512 MHz.   Additionally, the Divisions
concluded that the Industrial Telecommunications Association (ITA) and
American Mobile Telecommunications Association, Inc. (AMTA) - - each of
which was already certified as a frequency advisory committee (FAC) for
the Industrial/Business Pool of PLMR frequencies below 512 MHz, and each
of which had requested certification for the Part 90 929-930 MHz paging
frequencies and PLMR Special Emergency frequencies below 512 MHz - -
were qualified to be FACs for the frequencies in these two categories.
Consequently, ITA and AMTA were certified to coordinate these
frequencies.

We offered the opportunity for other Part 90 certified frequency
coordinators to perform the same function for the 929-930 MHz paging
frequencies and PLMR Special Emergency frequencies below 512 MHz.
Interested coordinators were provided with forty-five days from the date
the Order was released (May 6, 2004) to notify the Bureau of its
intention to coordinate these frequencies.   By correspondence dated
June 9, 2004, the United Telecom Council (UTC) provided the required
notification.   Additionally, by correspondence dated June 16, 2004,
MRFAC, Inc. (MRFAC) provided the required notification.   We hereby
certify UTC and MRFAC to coordinate the Part 90 929-930 MHz paging
frequencies and PLMR Special Emergency frequencies below 512 MHz.

For further information, contact Tom Eng of the Public Safety and
Critical Infrastructure Division, Wireless Telecommunications Bureau at
(202) 418-0019, TTY (202) 418-7233, [email-masked], or Joyce Nary of
the Mobility Division, Wireless Telecommunications Bureau at (717)
338-2627, [email-masked].
By the Acting Chief, Public Safety and Critical Infrastructure Division
and the Deputy Chief, Mobility Division, Wireless Telecommunications
Bureau.
- FCC -

http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-04-2452A1.doc