Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Fingerprint Recognition Wireless Phone

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2004 08:35:23 -0400

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/August2004/8140.htm

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Yahoo! Domains - Claim yours for only $14.70
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 
FREE
3G Newsletter mailing list

Email:

<script src="http://scripts.cgispy.com/randombanner/javarbanner.cgi?user=3Gtelecoms" language="JavaScript">
</script>

3G
Sponsored by Tektronix

Anritsu

Sasken

Free
Network Wall Poster from Catapult

Fingerprint
Recognition Wireless Phone

2nd August ,2004

ASIA
: Spotlighted in CeBIT and Expo Comm , Pantech, a leading mobile phone
producer, launches a new model called “Fingerprint Recognition
Phone (model: Pantech GI100)” to high-end mobile markets in
Europe, Asia, and Middle East.

The world’s
first “fingerprint-recognition” phone is designed for
user-friendly security and convenience. Fingerprints are used for
lock-in keys, memory dials, and games. This is the fruits of both
applied ergonomics and state-of-the-art digital technology. GI100’s
excellence begins with its stylish visage.

Black and silver-toned
body gives a contemporary look with straight-lined edges only sharpening
overall physique. The GI100 weighs only 82g with snugly dimensions
(82x40x22.5 mm). Both 1.8” main LCD and 1.2” sub LCD provide
enhanced pictures with 260K TFT. Built-in 1.3 Mpix CMOS camera with
embedded flash can not only capture 15 frame shots, but record up
to 30 min. Usage time allows 3 hrs of talk and 200 hrs of standby.
Notably, Video Caller ID lets you identify a caller with a saved image
or MJPEG file at your choice. Besides seven-color LEDs sort callers
into seven different caller groups.

With fingerprint
recognition technology, the GI100 tightly controls personalized key
entries. Only a registered fingerprint clears an authorization to
key in. Next, Secret Finger Dial allows total of ten memorized calls.
Once registered, each of your fingerprints can be used for a quick
dialing. Further, by sweeping fingerprints instead of pushing in keys,
you can enjoy games like car racing, slot machine and match making.
The flash memory of 256 Mb, Yamaha MA5 64 polyphonic ring tones, and
short/enhance/multi message service capability enable to truly attain
wireless interoperability. Phone book can save max. of 800 numbers
and max. 2.5hrs of voice recording.

About
Pantech Co., Ltd.

From a pager producer, 1991 to a handset maker today, Pantech Co.,
an arm of Pantech, has becom a leadingedge in mobile technology. Listed
on the Korea Stock Exchange, 1997, Pantech Co. advanced into producing
both CDMA and GSM handsets. In 2001, Curitel Communications Inc.,
a spin-off company from Hynix Semiconductor Inc., became a Pantech
affilate, along with Pantech Co. Now, Pantech, led by Mr. Byeong Yeop
Park, the founder and chairman of Pantech, is moving toward a gloal
mobile phone producer with brand marketing and high-end mobile phones.
Pantech Co. is headquartered in Seoul, Korea with regional sales offices
distributed globally.

[Specification
& Features]

Item GI100

Type Clamshell

Size , weight 80 x 39 x 22.4 (mm), 82g

Main feature Fingerprint recognition

LCD Main 260K TFT Color (128x160 dots)

Sub 260K TFT Color (96x64 dots)

Camera Sensor 1.3 Mega Pixels CMOS

Flash Embedded Flash (for Auto Flash)

Memory 128X64M

Usage Time Max. 180min. talk time / 200hrs stand-by time

Voice Recording 2.5 hours

Others SMS/EMS/MMS, JAVA, PC Sync

Visit
3G's Own 3G Mobile Store

Home
ProZone
Subscribe
To Newsletter 3G
Forum

Free
3G Phones

US
Zone ASIAZone
EuroZone
UKZone

3G
Phone Zone 3
3G
New Launches

Latest
PRESS RELEASES

Shenzhen
Development Centre for 3G and EDGE Phones

3G
Americas Publishes IMS White Paper

Fingerprint
Recognition Wireless Phone

EDGE
Wireless Rolls In To India

3G
Motorola C975 Handset

3G
Motorola V975 Handset

Intermediate
Power Amps ; Ideal for 3G Base Stations

Broadband
OSS Leadership to Mobile Wireless Market

Affordable
3G Phones Coming to Market

i-mode
Wireless FeliCa Start-Up Financed by NTT DoCoMo

3G
Video Jukebox for 3

New
3G Signalling Tester

Deployment
of Optimus' 3G Network

3G
? 4G ? WiMAX ? 802.20? ABI - do we need them all ?

3G
Application Test Network Launched

TODAY'S
PRESS RELEASES

All Material Subject to Copyright. All logos, graphics and trademarks
are the property of their respective owners.