Subject: [Mobopts] [Note] Copyright problem in 3G-WLAN paper

From: Soohong Daniel Park <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 19:15:32 +0900

Dear MOBOPTS members.

Originally, I wrote a paper " Mobile IPv6 Application Note " and
forwarded it to the IPv6 forum and forwarded it to this mailing list.
This paper described 3G and WiFi Interworking based on MIPv6 and was
proposed to provide IPv6 
application for anyone who may wish to get information about this topic.
However there are critical problem and my serious fault. For the section
of Tight Coupling vs. Loose Coupling Architecture in this paper, I
refered and cited texts and a figure from the Design and Implementation
of a WLAN/CDMA2000 
Interworking Architecture - written by Milind M. Buddhikot,Girish
Chandranmenon, Seungjae Han, 
Yui-Wah Lee, Scott C. Miller and Luca Salgarelli in November 2003 Issue
of IEEE Communications Magazine. However I didn't address this reference
in this paper. So I am sending my apology to let everyone know this
fault. 
I deeply apologize to authors of original paper for my mistake. 

with best wishes

Daniel

PS: Aside from this problem, I will send our draft which will address 3G
and WLAN Interworking based on Mobile IPv6, particularly, this draft
will include fast handover consideration such as Layer 2 Hint method and
DNA (Detecting Network Attachment) BoF solutions as well.

Sorry to bother you again.

Daniel (Soohong Daniel Park)
Mobile Platform Laboratory, SAMSUNG Electronics. 

_______________________________________________
Mobopts mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mobopts