Subject: [Mobopts] Proposals for discussion

From: Rajeev Koodli <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 17:43:04 -0800

Hello folks,

Welcome to Mobopts!

We would like to solicit proposals for discussion. Few nits below:

A proposal should clearly identify how the problem is relevant
for the research group and how the solution will be used, for
instance, in IETF and IEEE or elsewhere.

Proposals that are supported either through implementation results or
simulation results are strongly preferred. Proposals that provide
simulation environment and modeling tools for benchmarking performance
are highly encouraged.

We would like to extend a warm invite to researchers from academia.

Welcome again, and we look forward to your proposals.

Rajeev Koodli and Bill Arbaugh
    (chairs as charged)

_______________________________________________
Mobopts mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mobopts

---

From: "James Kempf" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 22:29:11 -0800

Hi Rajeev,

What do you mean by proposals? I've not particpated actively in an RG
before, but I thought the procedure is similar to conference papers, i.e.
people do research (directed at charter objectives naturally) then  bring
the results to the RG to discuss.

            jak

---

From: Rajeev Koodli <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 09:28:54 -0800

Hi Jim,

by proposals I mean input (research results, new concepts
that need further interaction, information about new tools
for experimentation, etc) to the RG to stimulate discussion.
So, your analogy to conferences is on the dot, except that
the CFP always open :-)

Regards,

-Rajeev