Subject: [Mobopts] Handover across different access networks

From: Soohong Daniel Park <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2004 11:30:09 +0900

Hello

I am glad to see MOBOPTS RG to discuss interesting issue related
mobility.
Charter of this RG wrote above issue as below
"These considerations become even more challenging when a terminal 
handovers across different access networks, such as from a Wireless 
LAN to CDMA or to GPRS. Hence, it would be extremely useful to
understand 
these problems as the transition to the Mobile Internet accelerates."

I am trying to contribute this issue as IETF I-D and Whitepaper in IPv6
forum.
In particular, whitepaper has been already released on the IPv6 forum
mailing list.
http://home.megapass.co.kr/~natpp00/MIPv6ApplicationNote3G-WiFiRoaming.p
df

Can I discuss this issue on this RG as interesting item ?

If you have any question or comment, let me know it 

Cheers 

Daniel (Soohong Daniel Park)
Mobile Platform Laboratory, SAMSUNG Electronics

_______________________________________________
Mobopts mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mobopts

---

From: Rajeev Koodli <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2004 14:57:50 -0800

Dear Daniel,

> Can I discuss this issue on this RG as interesting item ?

please go ahead. What would help is a description of what
problems you are trying to address, in addition to any solution itself.

Regards,

-Rajeev