Subject: [Mobopts] Multicast Handover & HMIPv6

From: Thomas Schmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 02:10:49 +0100

Hi,

   we are experimenting with mobility options in real-time multicast
communication. the question of performing multicast handover in
real-time, in particular ...

We did some background analysis and simulation of mobility schemes: see
http://www.rz.fhtw-berlin.de/projekte/ipv6/mipv6.html and ICN04-Paper in
particular.

So we also submitted the draft <draft-schmidt-waehlisch-mhmipv6-01.txt>
(see
http://www.rz.fhtw-berlin.de/projekte/ipv6/draft-schmidt-waehlisch-mhmipv6-01.txt 

if it is not published yet):

Abstract:

    This document introduces handover mechanisms for IPv6 mobile
    multicast listeners and mobile multicast senders. It therefore
    restates some fundamentals of mobile multicast signaling.
    Operations are based on a Mobile IPv6 environment with local mobility
    anchor points. These local anchor points are conformal with a
    Hierarchical Mobile IPv6 proxy infrastructure. Handover latencies in
    the proposed scheme remain bound to link switching delays with
    respect to these local proxy points.
    The mechanisms described in this document do not rely on assumptions
    of any specific multicast routing protocol in use. The M-HMIPv6
    protocol operations utilize the existing HMIPv6 and MIPv6 messages,
    without defining any new control messages.

Will this be kind of a topic in Seoul?

Kind regards,

thomas & matthias

_______________________________________________
Mobopts mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mobopts

---

From: Rajeev Koodli <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 10:09:29 -0800

Hi,

 the topic is interesting! And, I believe that you have
some experimental data as well.
So, yes we could discuss it in Seoul.

Regards,

-Rajeev