Subject: [Mops] Milestones -- where from here?

From: "Leslie Daigle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2020 18:43:55 -0500

Following up the discussion of milestones topic — here is the 
beginning of a proposal, from my notes of the meeting.

While those of us on the WG call agreed that most of them “seem about 
right”, we still need volunteers for key documents — please see in 
line, and share thoughts.

OpsCons doc:

Move to June 2021 —  was Nov 2020 	Last-call document on operational 
considerations for low latency streaming video applications
DONE: Jul 2020 	Revised draft operational considerations for low latency 
streaming video applications
DONE: Feb 2020 	Initial draft operational considerations for low latency 
streaming video applications

Refer to documents needing volunteers:

Nov 2020 	Last-call document on edge network considerations for 
streaming media
Jul 2020 	Revised draft of edge network operational considerations for 
streaming media
Jul 2020 	Last-call document on Society of Motion Picture and Television 
Engineers (SMPTE) protocol reliance on IETF protocols (including 
explicit outreach to SMPTE)
Jul 2020 	Last-call document on Streaming Video Alliance (SVA) reliance 
on IETF protocols (including explicit outreach to SVA)
Mar 2020 	Draft documenting Society of Motion Picture and Television 
Engineers (SMPTE) protocol reliance on IETF protocols
Mar 2020 	Draft documenting Streaming Video Alliance (SVA) reliance on 
IETF protocols

I believe Glenn Deen is going to come back with a proposal for who might 
author the SVA document.
I believe Shuai Zhao expressed support for the edge network operational 
considerations for streaming media document at the MOPS WG meeting — 
not sure he volunteered? :^)

For the SMPTE document — Kyle & I suggest pushing that off to _start_ 
in May of next year, and we can revisit then whether we drop it 
altogether.  It still seems like an important document to have, but 
because 2020 is 2020, we aren’t getting the right participation to get 
it done.

Unchanged:
Nov 2021 	IESG to decide whether continue, re-charter or close MOPS WG
Nov 2020 	Develop work items specific to media acquisition and delivery

Leslie.

-- 

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Leslie Daigle
Principal, ThinkingCat Enterprises
[email-masked]
-------------------------------------------------------------------