Subject: Questions

From: "Surujpal, Sunil" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 12:07:24 +1300

Hi,

I am writing a research essay on MPLS, in particular on the signalling
protocols that are being considered for use such as RSVP and LDP. I have
several questions that I am would like help with.
1.	In the Internet Draft draft-ietf-mpls-arch-06.txt, it says that the
MPLS architecture does not assume that there is only one label distribution
protocol and that several protocols are being standardized such as BGP, RSVP
and new protocols being created for i.e. LDP. The majority of the material
that I have looked at only discuss RSVP and to some extent LDP as the two
protocols that are now being considered for this purpose. Are these two the
only protocols that are being considered for standardization by the IETF and
if so, why was BGP discarded? If not, can someone please direct me to
material on BGP and how it is being extended to provide label distribution.
2.	Can someone also please direct me to material that discusses the
pros and con of the protocols that are being considered for use as the label
distribution protocol for MPLS.

Your help is very much appreciated.
Sunil Surujpal

__________________________________________________
Sunil Surujpal
Course Coordinator
Department of Management Science and Information Systems
School of Economics and Business
University of Auckland
Private Bag 92019
Auckland
New Zealand
Phone:  64 9 3737599 x8537
Fax:	 64 9 3737430

---

From: "Arni Raghu" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2000 20:19:13 -0500

Hi,

http://www.nortel-bay.com/products/announcements/mpls/source/collateral/whit
epaper.html

hth.
Arni