Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-state-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 06:46:19 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: LDP State Machine
	Author(s)	: C. Boscher,  P. Cheval, L. Wu, E. Gray 
	Filename	: draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-state-03.txt
	Pages		: 76
	Date		: 20-Jan-00
	
In the current LDP specification [4], there is no state machine
specified for processing LDP messages. We think that defining a
common state machine is very important for interoperability between
different LDP and CR-LDP implementations.
This document provides state machine tables for ATM switch LSRs. We
begin in section 2 by defining a list of terminologies. Then in
section 3, we propose two sets of state machine tables for ATM switch
LSRs which use downstream-on-demand mode, one method can be used for
non-vc merge capable ATM LSRs, while the other one can be used for
the vc-merge capable ATM LSRs.  In section 4, we provides a state
machine for downstream unsolicited mode ATM LSRs.
We focus on the LDP state machines and the associated control blocks
used for establishing and maintaining LSPs.  We do not describe state
machines for the 'LDP controller' which is in charge of LDP session
initialization, address mapping messages management, routing
interface, etc. which is defined in the LDP specification [4].
Even though the state machines in this document are specific for
ATM-LSR, they can be easily adapted for other types of LSRs.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-state-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-state-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-state-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.