Subject: Receive Label Abort Request

From: T M Kishore <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2000 16:55:46 +0530

Hello,
         There is contradiction between the draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-06  and 
   draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-state-02 .
   According draft-ldp-06, if Downsream LSR receives Label Abort Request 
from Upstream LSR after Downstream LSR sending  Label Mapping Message to 
Upstream LSR, Downstream LSR should ignore the Label Abort Request Message 
. Draft-ldp-state-02 specifies the free the upstream Label and send LDP 
Release Message to Downstream LSR and delete the control Block.

 The draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-06 says

      "  When an LSR receives a label abort request message from a peer, it
     checks whether it has already responded to the label request in
     question. If it has, it silently ignores the message. If it has
     not, it sends the peer a Label Request Aborted Notification. In
     addition, if it has a label request outstanding for the LSP in
     question to a downstream peer, it sends a Label Abort Request to
     the downstream peer to abort the LSP. "

 Algorithm:

   LAbR.1  Does the message match a previously received label request
           message from MsgSource? (See Note 1.)
           If not, goto LAbR.12.

   LAbR.2  Has LSR responded to the previously received label request?
           If so, goto LAbR.12.

   LAbR.12  DONE. "

 But draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-state-02  says as follows :

State:          ESTABLISHED

 Event:          LDP Upstream Abort

 New State:      IDLE

 Actions:

   Disconnect the upstream label from the downstream label.

   Free the upstream label.

   Send event "Internal Destroy" if the LSR was in the middle of
   switching over to the better next hop.

   Propagate an LDP-RELEASE message downstream and delete the
   LSP_Control_Block.

Please clarify it.
Thanks,
Kishore

T M Kishore,
Senior Software Engineer,
Future Software Pvt Ltd,
480 - 481, Anna Salai, Nandanam,
Chennai - 600 035
India.
Phone : +91-44-4330550 Ext.412

---

From: Bob Thomas <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2000 07:07:44 -0500

Kishore,

Plase note that LDP is specified by draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-06.txt.

Bob