Subject: MPLS termination action sub-object in ERO for RSVP

From: "Abes, Andi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 14:41:31 -0500

hi,

I'm a little confused about the use of the LSP termination sub-object in the
explicit route 
object and the allocation of multi-level labels using RSVP.

1. Who decides to allocate a higher level label ? 
  a. the egress point ? - this will help it identify the ultimate
destination assuming the LSP
     is part of a tunnel.
  b. An intermediate node that performed a merge - this will allow the
various flows to be uniquely 
     identified using the second level label ? in this case how will the
upper label be negotiated 
     with the next hop ? 
  c. Any other contenders ?

2. How is the "LSP Termination" object is used ?
   Since it can only appear as part of an ERO, and hence only from the
ingress - what 
   is the expected treatment by the receiving node - the one identified in
the ERO ?
   Is it expected that the receiving node realize it has to assign more than
the top label ?
   is it some kind of "penultimate-hop-pop" mechanism ?

Thanx,
Andi.