Subject: Deadline extended to January 24th

From: "hjs" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 19:50:48 +0100

My sincere apology if you receive multiple copies of this CFP.
Please feel free to pass the CFP to anyone who might be interested.

Kind regards,
Heinrich Stuettgen

Call For Papers

----------------------------------------------------------------------

2nd Call For Papers

Extended Submission Deadline - Jan.24th, 2000

Conference on High Performance Switching & Routing

Joint

IEEE ATM Workshop 2000 and
3rd International Conference on ATM (ICATM'2000)

June 26-29, 2000
Crowne Plaza Hotel, Heidelberg, Germany

Sponsored by the IEEE Communication Society

Supported by:
VDE, EC Information Society Technologies, EURESCOM GmbH,
Alcatel SEL AG, Cisco Systems GmbH, Deutsche Telekom AG,
Ericsson Eurolab Deutschland GmbH,  IBM Deutschland GmbH,
Lucent Technologies GmnH, NEC Europe Ltd., Siemens AG

For a nicely formatted version of this Call for Papers as
well as for any other information related to this event
please check the conference website under

URL: http://atm2000.ccrle.nec.de

Conference Scope

A wide variety of ATM products have been developed for local
and wide-area, private and public networks. First-generation
ATM public services have been deployed on a global basis and
efforts are underway to implement full-service, large-scale
ATM networks. Wired (xDSL, HFC) and wireless (W-ATM) access
networks enabling end-to-end ATM services are becoming available.
Integration between ATM and IP evolves rapidly. Researchers and
practitioners are studying issues like network design, network
performance and traffic engineering, network reliability and
survivability, charging and tariffing, quality of service and
multicast support. At the same time next generation switching
and routing technologies including IP over SONET/SDH or IP over
WDM are being developed, converging cell and packet switching
architectures. Driving applications for integrated networks
become visible, namely Virtual Private Networks (VPN),
Voice over Packet (VOP) and group communication services like
conferencing and video on demand (VOD). They create new
requirements on network architecture and management.

The purpose of the conference is to share ideas, experiences,
and information among researchers, developers, and service
providers in the field of data, voice and multimedia
communications using ATM and other high-speed switching and
routing technologies, including Gigabit/Terabit switch/routers
for optical networks.

Original papers are hereby solicited on such topics as
(but not limited to):

1. ATM Networks
1.1. ATM/WDM Networks
1.2. Broadband Access Networks (xDSL,HFC,PON)
1.3. Wireless / Mobile ATM
1.4. Satellite-Based ATM
1.5. ATM and UMTS/IMT2000
1.6. Interworking

2. ATM Switching
2.1. ATM Switch Architectures
2.2. Large-Scale Switch Implementations and Performance
2.3. Broadcasting/Multicasting

3. Signaling and Control
3.1. Broadband Signaling
3.2. Large-scale Call Processing Architectures.
3.3. PNNI, I-PNNI
3.4. QoS Routing
3.5. Signaling Interworking (ATM, PSTN, VoIP,...)

4. Traffic Engineering
4.1. ATM Traffic Modeling
4.2. Cell and Packet Level Scheduling
4.3. UBR,VBR, ABR, CBR Performance
4.4. Traffic Engineering
4.5. Network Design and Dimensioning
4.6. Network Optimization

5. ATM/IP Integration
5.1. IP/ATM Integration: MPLS, MPOA, ...
5.2. IP Multicasting over ATM
5.3. IPv6 over ATM
5.4. TCP over ATM
5.5. IP over ATM vs. native IP

6. Integrated Services, Multimedia
6.1. Native ATM Applications and  Interfaces
6.2. QoS and CoS
6.3. IntServ and Diffserv
6.4. Video Coding and Transmission
6.5. VToA, VoP, VoIP
6.6. Multimedia Traffic Characteristics

7. Management and Control
7.1. Software Architectures for Switch/Router Control
7.2. Traffic Management Functions (UPC,CAC,...)
7.3. Tariffing, Charging and Accounting
7.4. Virtual Private Networks, VLANs,...
7.5. Network/VPN Security
7.6. Survivability, Fault Tolerance, Self-Healing,...
7.7. Network and Service Management
7.8. Service Provisioning

8. Gigabit/Terabit Routers
8.1. High-Speed Packet Switching and Routing
8.2. Switching & Routing for WDM
8.3. IP over SONET/SDH and IP over WDM
8.4. MPLS over WDM
8.5. Multicast Routing

9. Real User Networks
9.1. Operational Experience
9.2. User Experiences
9.3. Business Aspects
9.4. Network Evolution

10. Alternative Technologies
10.1. DTM
10.2. Photonic Switching
10.3. others

Instructions for Authors:

Send an electronic version of your submission to the address
below. Submissions should be extended abstracts (2000 - 3000
words) summarizing original work. All the manuscripts must be
written in English. The first page of each paper should contain
the title of the paper, the authors' name(s), affiliation,
address, telephone and fax numbers, e-mail of the author
responsible for correspondence,  a list of four keywords and
categories from the above list as well as a summary of up
to 100 words of the main achievements in your contribution.

Electronic submissions are strongly encouraged.
Acceptable formats are PDF, Postscript Level 2, RTF,
FrameMaker Vs.5,  Word 97. Please use A4 paper format
when formatting your submission!

Authors of accepted papers will later be required to submit
an IEEE copyright form, please assure that you have all
necessary authorizations in place. Typing instructions
for accepted full papers can be downloaded from
http://www.vde-verlag.de.

All submitted papers should be sent
electronically to the following address:

Dr. Heinrich J. Stüttgen,
General Chair IEEE ATM Workshop 2000 & ICATM 2000
Computer and Communcation Research Laboratories
NEC Europe Ltd.
Adenauerplatz 6
D-69115 Heidelberg, Germany
Phone: +49 6221 905 11-0
Fax:   +49 6221 905 11-55
E-mail: [email-masked]

Important Dates:

Submission of extended abstract due:     extended to: January 24th, 2000
(Ext.Abstracts of 5 pages or 2500 words)

Authors notified:                                March 15th, 2000
Final camera ready papers due:                   April 17th, 2000
(Final papers of max. 5000 Words or 10 Pages)

Tutorials:

On Monday, June 26th, 2000 the workshop will begin with four half day
tutorials focusing on emerging technologies in the areas of MPLS,
IP over WDM, Gigabit Routing, IP/ATM in UMTS/IMT2000,
Soft-Switch Architecture and related subjects.

Workshop Committees

General Chair (IEEE ATM Workshop)
Heinrich J. Stuettgen, C&C Research Laboratories
NEC Europe Ltd., Heidelberg, German

General Co-Chair (ICATM)
Pascal Lorenz, University Haute Alsace, Colmar, France

Technical Co-Chairs
Jonathan Turner, Washington University, St.Louis, USA
Naoaki Yamanaka, NTT Network System Laboratories, Tokyo, Japan