Subject: NETBios/MPLS Problem

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 09:24:20 +0100

Hi,

	I wanna know if anyone have worked in a environment with
NETBios/MPLS.
	I have a network based on MPLS and have some VPNs but one of this
wants a Windows Networks. The connectivity between them is good but packet
greater than 1500/2000by (i dont know exactly) fails. I think is something
like a problem with MTU.

	Any Clue? Any help?

	Thank in advance.

	Regards

---

From: "Vasu Vuppala" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 17:34:50 -0500

David,

I have not worked with NetBIOS/MPLS but here is a shot.

Be aware that the fragmentation solution in MPLS
works only for IP packets. If NetBIOS is not running over
TCP/IP and the packets are sent over an MPLS LSP/VPN,
you will run into problems. The solution is to run
NetBIOS over TCP/IP or adjust the MTU of each machine.

- vasu