Subject: Protocol Action: The Assignment of the Information Field and Protocol Identifier in the Q.2941 Generic Identifier and Q.2957 User-to-user Signaling for the Internet Protocol to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 09:47:25 -0500

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'The Assignment of the
Information Field and Protocol Identifier in the Q.2941 Generic
Identifier and Q.2957 User-to-user Signaling for the Internet Protocol'
<draft-ietf-mpls-git-uus-04.txt> as a Proposed Standard.  This document
is the product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group.  The
IESG contact persons are David Oran and Rob Coltun.

Technical Summary
 
This document specifies the assignment of the information field and
protocol identifier in the Q.2941 Generic Identifier and Q.2957
User-to-user Signaling for the Internet protocol. This specification
provides an indispensable framework for the implementation of long-lived
session and QoS-sensitive session transfers over ATM.

The assignment specified in this document is designed for advanced
B-ISDN signaling support of the Internet protocol, especially the
B-ISDN signaling support for the connection that corresponds to the
session in the Internet protocol. However, the purpose of this
specification is not limited to this support, and it should also be
applicable to other purposes.

Working Group Summary

The working group supported this document and no issues were raised
during IETF Last-Call

Protocol Quality

Rob Coltun has reviewed the spec for the IESG.
There are currently no implementations of this spec.

NTT lab. is planning implementing the git-uus protocol in the next version
of our ATM SW. They are waiting IETF/ITU-T approvement and determination
of the drafts. FORE is planning to implement MPLS/RSVP using git.