Subject: About LDP NAK

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 19:32:42 +0800

Hi,All
 In the "LDP STATE MACHINE",there is an event of LDP NAK.
The first time I read it I think it is a kind of Notification
message. But there haven't a status code to define LDP NAK.

And in the "draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-state-03",page 59, it write:

If an LSR receives an LDP-NAK from a downstream LSR:

Use the Downstream LDP Request ID and Downstream Session Identifier   to
locate a Downstream_LSP_control_block and pass the event `LDP   Downstream
NAK' to its state machine.

I think the notify message have not the REQUEST message id , So perhaps
the LDP NAK event is not trigged by a notify message?

If I miss something , please let me know!

Thanks a lot!

---

From: Eric Gray <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 13:07:07 -0500

Lijianping,

	Check out section 2, page 2 "Terminology" where we define
LDP-NAK as "LDP Notification message used to reject an LDP message."

	Also, check out section 3.4.6 ("Status TLV") on page 42 of
the LDP specification.  You'll find there that the Satus TLV has a
Message ID field in it.  Consequently, a Notification message (which
MUST have a Status TLV) will have a Message ID in it (unless it does
not pertain to a message specifically - as in shutdown Notification).

> If I miss something , please let me know!

You're welcome!  Hopefully, this helps...

--
Eric Gray