Subject: RE: tspec table

From: Arun Viswanathan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 17:54:53 -0800

Juha,

> arun,
> 
> i'm not sure if the tspec table has much value if it only 
> contains a set
> of leaky bucket parameters.  it should be accurately describe the
> traffic characteristics (traffic class(es) plus traffic parameters) of
> the lsps.  if the traffic characteristics currenly expressable by rsvp
> and crldp are not all included, then it would be better to leave the
> whole table out until we have a proper qos mib to refer to.
> 

I can only sympathize with your comments. There was no Tspec table earlier.
Having no table at all doesn't help either. Defining a router-wide QoS MIB
is
outside the charter of this WG, and getting convergence on something
like QoS is yet another story. Seems to me that the current TSpec table
must be used in lieu of a QoS MIB till such time it becomes available.

I would like to suggest that we have a row pointer to the TSpec table. That
way,
some implementation can replace the TSpec table with vendor specific MIB
or the QoS MIB when it becomes available.

-arun

---

From: Juha Heinanen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 11:50:06 +0300 (EEST)

arun,

if you want to keep the tspec table, then atleast make its name rsvp
independent.   call it traffic parameter table or something like that.

-- juha

---

From: Grenville Armitage <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 01:03:10 -0800

juha's suggestion sounds reasonable.

gja

-- 
________________________________________________________________________
Grenville Armitage                    http://members.home.net/garmitage/
Bell Labs Research Silicon Valley

---

From: "Philip Matthews" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 05:53:35 -0500

Juha's suggestion sounds reasonable to me too.
- Philip