Subject: Cisco's MPLS TE

From: Grigoris Gikas <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2000 17:28:58 +0200 (EET)

Hello,
i'm conducting some experiments in order to test Cisco's MPLS Traffic
Engineering implementation. I'm facing problems in creating a Traffic
Engineering Tunnel. The testbed consists of two Cisco routers (7200 and
7500) that have two ATM interfaces (subinterfaces to be precise) connected
end to end through a pvc (permanent vc). Extented IS-IS (a requirement for
Cisco's MPls TE), that runs on the pvc, seems to work properly. When i
attempt to create a TE Tunnel, it is created with state down and an
invalid path indication. Any suggestions/solutions would be more than
welcomed.

Thanks in advance,

Gikas Gregory
Postgraduate Student
Computer Science Department
University Of Crete, Heraklion

---

From: "Hamza, Ahmed" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2000 10:38:12 -0500

Gikas, 
I would recommend that you contact your local Cisco support engineer for
this kind of questions. 
It is a general rule on the list not to discuss manufacturers related
issues.

Regards,
Ahmed 

> -----Message d'origine-----
> De: Grigoris Gikas [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Date: 6 mars, 2000 10:29
> À: [email-masked]
> Objet: Cisco's MPLS TE
> 
> 
> Hello,

---

From: Irwin Lazar <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2000 08:42:47 -0700

FYI, The MPLS Resource Center - http://www.mplsrc.com/ - maintains a mailing
list for the discussion of operational issues related to the deployment of
MPLS-based networks.  This would be an ideal list to direct this question
to.

Irwin

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Hamza, Ahmed [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Monday, March 06, 2000 10:38 AM
> To: 'Grigoris Gikas'; [email-masked]
> Subject: RE: Cisco's MPLS TE
> 
> 
> Gikas,