Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-fujita-mpls-crldp-crankback-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2000 06:31:04 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Crankback Routing Extensions for CR-LDP
	Author(s)	: N. Fujita,  A. Iwata, G. Ash
	Filename	: draft-fujita-mpls-crldp-crankback-00.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 07-Mar-00
	
This draft proposes crankback routing extensions for CR-LDP
signaling.  Recently, several routing protocol extensions for
advertising resource information in addition to topology information
have been proposed for use in distributed constraint-based routing.
In such a distributed routing environment, however, the information
used to compute a constraint-based path may be out of date. This
means that label requests may be blocked by links or nodes without
sufficient resources. This draft specifies crankback routing
extensions for CR-LDP so that the label request can be retried on an
alternate path that detours around the blocked link or node upon a
setup failure. Furthermore, the proposed crankback routing schemes
can be also applied to end-to-end LSP restoration by indicating the
location of the failure link or node. This would significantly
improve the recovery ratio for failed LSPs, especially in situations
where a large number of setup requests are triggered at the same
time.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-fujita-mpls-crldp-crankback-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-fujita-mpls-crldp-crankback-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-fujita-mpls-crldp-crankback-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.