Subject: RE: LSR MIB comments and questions

From: Rob Schmitt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 10:24:35 -0800

I also question why this extra variable is required to
convey the label space membership attributes.

If  mplsInterfaceConfIndex is zero, then it uneqivocally
has the attributes 'in global label space' and 'not in
local label space'.

If mplsInterfaceConfIndex is non-zero, that it uneqivocally
has the attribute 'in local label space' and the 'in
global label space' variable arbitrates that (optional)
attribute.

So Joan's point that the value of mplsInterfaceConfIndex
is sufficient to describe membership is valid.
/rs

At 08:50 PM 3/27/00 -0800, Arun Viswanathan wrote:
> > *  Does the 'mplsInterfaceIsLocalLabelSpace' indicate
> >    per interface label space only?
> >
> >    I am confused why you need this object, it would
> >    seem that if the value of mplsInterfaceConfIndex is
> >    non-zero then this means that it is a per Interface
> >    label space, and that the 'mplsInterfaceIsGlobalLabelSpace'
> >    would indicate if it is participating in a global Label Space
> >    also.
>
>Interfaces that have interface specific label space may also
>want to participate in global label space. The two objects,
>[...]LabelSpace, together enable that.

---

From: "Thomas D. Nadeau" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 16:37:36 -0500

Hi,

>global label space' variable arbitrates that (optional)

         Yes, but there are cases in ATM where an interface needs
to be part of both label spaces. This is why we have
provided two separate variables here.

         --Tom