Subject: lsp allocation

From: Gargi Banerjee <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 14:35:23 -0500 (EST)

hi,
we are running some CR-LDP simulations for setting up explicitly routed
LSPs via a "on demand" path computation mechanism i.e. when a request for
some service comes in we try to dynamically accomadate the request.

My question is that say a request comes in that requires 2 Mbps bandwidth
on each hop. Assuming that there is no pre-established LSP and we
currently not implementing LSP modification schemes, I am going to
signal for a new LSP (via CR-LDP). However how much bandwidth should i
allocate for the LSP. 
Common sense tells me that i should allocate more than 2 Mbps, so that
other flows can be accomodated on this LSP. But how much more?
Are there some well-known formulas for such assignment?

Thanks in advance,
Gargi
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gargi Dasgupta (Banerjee)		      Phone:410-455-3063
Research Assistant, MCTR                      Email:[email-masked]
Department of Computer Science                http://apollo.mctr.umbc.edu/~gargi
University of Maryland, Baltimore.

------------" Life does not need to be perfect to be beautiful." ------------------

---

From: Rajesh Kumar <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2000 08:49:20 -0800

I would think you need to assign only 2 mbps. If you need to accomodate 
more flows on the same lsp later, you would then need to then change the 
parameters associated with the lsp or re-establish it.

Rajesh

-----Original Message-----
From:	Gargi Banerjee [SMTP:[email-masked]]
Sent:	Thursday, March 16, 2000 11:35 AM
To:	[email-masked]
Subject:	lsp allocation

hi,

Thanks in advance,
Gargi
------------------------------------------------------------------------  
----------

Gargi Dasgupta (Banerjee)		      Phone:410-455-3063
Research Assistant, MCTR 
                     Email:[email-masked]
Department of Computer Science 
               http://apollo.mctr.umbc.edu/~gargi
University of Maryland, Baltimore.

------------" Life does not need to be perfect to be beautiful." 
------------------