Subject: FW: I-D ACTION:draft-vaananen-mpls-svc-diff-framework-00.txt

From: "Girish, Muckai" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 14:03:11 -0600

Looks like this was not announced in the MPLS mailing
list. Anyways, here it is.

Girish

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, March 09, 2000 3:29 AM
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-vaananen-mpls-svc-diff-framework-00.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title		: A Framework for Service Differentiation in MPLS 
                          Networks
	Author(s)	: M. Girish,  R. Ravikanth,  P. Vaananen 
	Filename	: draft-vaananen-mpls-svc-diff-framework-00.txt
	Pages		: 42
	Date		: 08-Mar-00
	
It has been recognized that the success of the MPLS depends on the
ability to better support the multiservice traffic integration with
some levels of service guarantees, which are not feasible to
implement with the current destination prefix only based packet
forwarding paradigms.
The efficient support for these services throughout the network is
expected to be possible using label based forwarding paradigm in the
network. Through the use of either RSVP based or LDP/CR-LDP based
signaling, MPLS can also provide certain QoS guarantees using the
LSPs.
The goal of this document is to define a framework for service
differentiation in MPLS networks. We discuss a set of services that
have been identified so far for IP, and  describe the traffic
management mechanisms in various network elements that are needed
for enabling the implementation of these more advanced services in
MPLS networks.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-vaananen-mpls-svc-diff-framework-0
0.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-vaananen-mpls-svc-diff-framework-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE
/internet-drafts/draft-vaananen-mpls-svc-diff-framework-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 14:03:12 -0600