Subject: RE: TE & QoS Methods for IP-,ATM-,& TDM-Based Multiservice Networ ks

From: "Ash, Gerald R (Jerry), ALARC" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 17:53:37 -0500

I apologize for the problems with the PDF files in the earlier URL sent out.
This has been updated and corrected.
PDF files (with figures, 01 version) for <draft-ash-te-qos-routing-00.txt>
can be located at:
http://www.research.att.com/~jrex/jerry/
The draft will be presented at the Monday, March 27 TEWG meeting.
Comments welcome.
Thanks,
Jerry Ash
------------------------------------------------------------
Gerald R. (Jerry) Ash
AT&T Labs
Middletown, NJ, USA
[email-masked]
------------------------------------------------------------

     To: IETF-Announce: ; 
     Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ash-te-qos-routing-00.txt 
     From: [email-masked] 
     Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 06:24:29 -0500 
     Reply-to: [email-masked] 
     Sender: [email-masked] 

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

        Title           : Traffic Engineering & QoS Methods for IP-,ATM-,& 
                          TDM-Based Multiservice Networks
        Author(s)       : G. Ash
        Filename        : draft-ash-te-qos-routing-00.txt
        Pages           : 12
        Date            : 14-Mar-00
        
This contribution proposes initial text for a new recommendation on traffic
engineering (TE) and QoS methods for IP-, ATM-. & TDM-based multiservice
networks. This contribution describes and recommends TE methods which
control a network's response to traffic demands and other stimuli, such as
link failures or node failures.  These TE methods include: (a)    traffic
management through control of routing functions, which include call routing
(number/name translation to routing address),
connection routing, QoS resource management, and routing table management.
(b)capacity management through control of network design.
(c)TE operational requirements for traffic management and capacity
management, including forecasting, performance monitoring, and short-term
network adjustment.
These TE methods are recommended for application across network types based
on established practice and experience.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ash-te-qos-routing-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
        "get draft-ash-te-qos-routing-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
        [email-masked].
In the body type:
        "FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ash-te-qos-routing-00.txt".
        
NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
        MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
        feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
        command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
        a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
        exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
        "multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
        up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
        how to manipulate these messages.