Subject: Re: MPLS: What For and How To?

From: "Indra.Widjaja" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 13:54:38 -0500

Telecom Tom wrote:

>
> 2. How to: Graph theory seems to be an issue that is seldom discussed
> on this list. But if TE is an application of MPLS, why don't we have
> more references to this area of applied math? My guess is that this
> group is oriented to practical engineering and protocol development.
> In that case, could anyone refer me to lists or newsgroups that
> discuss the graph theoretical foundations of traffic engineering in
> general and MPLS-based TE in particular, or to researchers and their
> published articles on the latter (MPLS TE)?

Tom:
For information, we tried to reference the relevant articles in the TE
framework
document, and we'll add more in the next iterations. Online TE references
are
scattered throughout the literature. For offline TE, you can find a very
good
collection of techniques developed by Debasis Mitra (a real TE expert!)
which is located at http://cm.bell-labs.com/cm/ms/who/mitra/pub.html
indra

>
>
> --Thanks, TT
> ------------------------------------------------
> Tom Nelson Scott         [email-masked]
> The Veda Home Company    Bowling Green, Ohio USA
> "In IP We Trust"         "E Pluribus Unix"
> ------------------------------------------------