Subject: MPLS support of Diff-Serv( OA and PSC)

From: "Nakarmi,U,Utthan,NZD9 R" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 11:26:02 -0000

Dear all,
I will be grateful if someone can clarify the term OA(ordered aggregate) and
PSC(PHB Scheduling class) with some good and clear examples. These terms are
taken from MPLS support of Diff-serv and definations in it just won't get
into my head. With this draft paper I am also begining to get confused with
BA and PHB. Please do also inform me how this terms are related with E-LSP
and L-LSP.
cheers
utthan

---

From: Francois Le Faucheur <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 16:22:49 +0100

Utthan,

OA and PSC are now generic (ie non-MPLS-specific) concepts defined by the
Diff-SErv working group. See draft-ietf-diffserv-new-terms-02.txt for
definition. They are useful for MPLS, but they are also useful in other
environments (eg ATM Forum work on Diff-SErv support).

AF11 is an example of PHB,
AF12 is another PHB.
AF13 is another PHB.

The AF1x Class (which is a set of three PHBs comprising AF11, AF12 and
AF13) is an example of PSC.

See draft-ietf-mpls-diff-ext-04.txt for details of how OA and PSC relate to
E-LSPs and L-LSPs.

Hope this helps

Francois

>BA and PHB. Please do also inform me how this terms are related with E-LSP
_________________________________________________________________
Francois Le Faucheur   
Development Engineer, IOS Layer 3 Services 
Cisco Systems 
Office Phone:   	+33 4 92 96 75 64
Home Office Phone:     +33 4 92 94 00 78
Mobile :               +33 6 89 108 159
Vmail:                 +33 1 58 04 62 66
Fax:                   +33 4 92 96 79 08
Email:          	[email-masked]
_________________________________________________________________
Petra B - Les Lucioles - 291, rue Albert Caquot - 06560 Valbonne - France
_________________________________________________________________