Subject: tcpdump for MPLS

From: Ravichander Vaidyanathan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 15:16:21 -0400 (EDT)

Hi all:
	Is anybody aware of any tcpdump implementations that can parse
MPLS labelled packets ? or am I going to have to write my own <groan>

-Ravi

---

From: "Arni Raghu" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 16:29:41 -0400

get ethereal  from ethereal.zing.org...U will be surprised to see how much
mpls support is out there...

hth,,
A

---

From: "Peter Ashwood-Smith" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 15:42:05 -0400

> MPLS labelled packets ? or am I going to have to write my own <groan>

  I assume you mean MPLS control packets, since labeled packets do not
travel in the TCP/IP connection.

  I think there is dumping code in addition to the parsing code in the PDU 
implementation on the NortelNetworks/mpls web page. 

  It has routines that take a buffer and decompose it into MPLS pdus in
the form of structures and vice versa. Should help take the <groan> out
of the work ;)

  Cheers,

  Peter