Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mpls-loop-prevention-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 06:46:08 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: MPLS Loop Prevention Mechanism
	Author(s)	: Y. Ohba, Y. Katsube,  E. Rosen, P. Doolan
	Filename	: draft-ietf-mpls-loop-prevention-03.txt
	Pages		: 40
	Date		: 27-Apr-00
	
This paper presents a  simple mechanism,  based on 'threads',  which
can  be  used to prevent MPLS  from  setting up  label switched path
(LSPs) which have loops.  The mechanism is compatible with, but does
not require,  VC merge.  The mechanism  can be  used with either the
ordered  downstream-on-demand    allocation  or  ordered  downstream
allocation.   The amount of  information  that must  be passed in  a
protocol message is tightly bounded  (i.e., no path-vector is used).
When a node needs to change its next hop, a distributed procedure is
executed,  but  only nodes which   are downstream of  the change are
involved.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-loop-prevention-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-mpls-loop-prevention-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-loop-prevention-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.