Subject: RE: MPLS and DiffServ

From: Irwin Lazar <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 17:16:40 -0600

I'm not sure if you'll find a comparison of the two since they are very much
complementary technologies.  However, please visit http://www.mplsrc.com/
for a collection of MPLS resources.

irwin

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniela Cunha [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, April 18, 2000 3:04 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: MPLS and DiffServ

Hi,

Do you have any comparison between these two technologies?? Or do you
have a paper, link, or something where I can get some information
related to a real MPLS DS network implementation?

That's because I am using a simulator in my study and I am supposed to
have some real results from the combination of these two technologies so

I can guarantee that the simulator I am using is running correctly.

If you don't have, do you know anyone I can talk to so I can get this
information??

Thank you
Daniela Cunha

---

From: Sanjeev Venkatrao <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 00:01:35 -0500

There is a comparison of DIffServ and MPLS at the following link

http://www.data.com/issue/981121/quality.html

Sanjeev .V

---

From: Jeremy Lawrence <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 12:25:04 -0700

Given the recent work on integrating MPLS and DiffServ, that article
is somewhat misleading. It lends the false impression that MPLS and
DiffServ are competing technologies, when they are entirely
complementary. See
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-diff-ext-04.txt

Jeremy Lawrence