Subject: RE: MPLS based VPNs

From: Irwin Lazar <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 12:24:40 -0600

Have a look at:
 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rosen-rfc2547bis-00.txt
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rosen-rfc2547bis-00.txt> 
 
http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-muthukrishnan-mpls-corevpn-arch
-00.txt
<http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-muthukrishnan-mpls-corevpn-arc
h-00.txt> 
 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-zhang-crldp-ext-for-vpn-00.txt
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-zhang-crldp-ext-for-vpn-00.txt> 
 
We've also got several articles on the MPLS Resource Center -
http://www.mplsrc.com/ <http://www.mplsrc.com/>  - that might be of
interest.
 
Irwin

-----Original Message-----
From: Juan Diego Otero [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, April 27, 2000 2:01 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: MPLS based VPNs

Hi, 

My name is Diego Otero and I would like to know where I can find 
documents related to different ways to build MPLS VPNs. 

I alrealdy have two drafts about MPLS VPNs architecture: 

draft-jamieson-mpls-vpn-00.txt and draft-heinanen-mpls-vpn-01.txt. 

Which one is preferred? Is one better than the other or they are just
differents? 
Are there anymore drafts about MPLS VPNs? 

Thanks a lot. 

Diego Otero.

---

From: "Philip Matthews" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 07:41:02 -0400

Another proposal is:

   http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ouldbrahim-vpn-vr-00.txt

A WG to work on VPN standards has been proposed,
and a BOF will be held in Pittsburgh.
The proposed WG will standardize a number of proposals,
rather than trying to pick just one.

- Philip