Subject: L2TP and MPLS VPN´s

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 02:51:26 +0200

how does L2TP work together with MPLS VPN´s?
Can it be used to ensure additional security, and is it reasonable to
interconnect different VNP´s trough L2-tunnels through a MPLS core?
Is there an extension for l2tp in PPPoATM to make it work over/under MPLS?

I'd appreciate any insite into this issue that you can provide.

cheers,

damjan
----------------------------------------------------------------
The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which
it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.  Any
review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action
in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the
intended recipient is prohibited.   If you received this in error, please
contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.

---

From: Robert Raszuk <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 18:07:22 -0700

L2TP is mainly used as an access method to mpls-vpn network. There you
can also run IPSec if needed for encryption. I don't think that using it
inside your core which already is running mpls makes too much sens.

R.

> [email-masked] wrote:
> 

-- 

_____________________________________________________________________

     |          |         Robert Raszuk, CCIE #3690  ICQ #12710752
    :|:        :|:        IOS-Engineering, MPLS Development Team
   :|||:      :|||:       170 W. Tasman Dr. N2, San Jose, CA 95134
.:|||||||:..:|||||||:.    Phone: 408-525-7588     Pager: 888-581-1312
C I S C O S Y S T E M S   Email: [email-masked]   Fax: 408-525-7588
                          URL:   http://wwwin-mpls.cisco.com/
_____________________________________________________________________