Subject: Newcomer's question

From: jing shen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 15:21:14 +0900

Hello:

I am a newcomer of MPLS , please forgive my stupid question on MPLS.

We are trying to develop a communication system for multimedia in our
LAN,
which contains
a ATM part and Ethernet part.  In order to support of QoS in network
transmission,
We want to employ IP Qos technology in the system we built . Because I
think DiffServ is a
WAN technology,  I think it should be MPLS+RSVP to be employed in LAN.
The PCs in the LAN are all  installed with Linux.

My question is :

1. If we want to guarantee network service between any two computer,
is
it needed to
     build up MPLS service on each Linux box ( those in ATM LAN and
Ethernet ) ?

2. If we build up one Linux Host as edge LSR  and we build up MPLS in
each
Linux box,
     Is it demanded to covert lable in edge LSR?

3. Are there any Software available to build up MPLS+RSVP in Linux ?

4. Is there a book or tutorial material on MPLS ?

Thanks in advance.

James Shen