Subject: Question about MPLS deployment and Inter-opbility

From: David Wang <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 09:36:36 -0500

Dear Friends,

From the MPLS resource center I saw that UUnet is deploying MPLS into their
networks. Are there any other service providers who is deploying and
planning to deploy MPLS into their network?

Is there any inter-opbility lab. where people can test the inter-opbility of
their MPLS implementation ?

Thanks
David

---

From: Rob Blais <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 10:55:40 -0400 (EDT)

Hi David;

> their MPLS implementation ?

Great question!  I'm the manager of the MPLS Consortium at the
University of New Hampshire InterOperability Lab.  Testing the
interoperability of MPLS equipment is exactly what we do.

Since starting in February, we've already had one group test,
have had several vendors schedule time to test in the lab, and
are busy developing test suites for the various protocols involved
in MPLS.  We're also working on plans for the next group test.

Please check out our website at http://www.iol.unh.edu/  For specific
information on the MPLS Consortium, click on "Consortiums" and then
click on "MPLS" in the left frame.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Thank you,

/rob

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Rob Blais                   [email-masked]         If it is to be,
MPLS Consortium Manager     Phone: 603-862-4569     it's up to me.
ATM Operations Manager      Fax:   603-862-4181
UNH InterOperability Lab    http://www.iol.unh.edu/

---

From: Ron Bonica <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 14:08:47 -0400

> Are there any other service providers who is deploying and

MPLS is also deployed in the vBNS.

                   Ron Bonica
                   vBNS Engineering

---

From: Rajiv Papneja <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 14:42:43 -0400 (EDT)

David:

  I would like to mention that the Advanced Internet Lab (AIL) at George
Mason University is undertaking Interoperability testing focused on MPLS.
This effort is sponsored by major router vendors, ISPs, and testing
equipment suppliers.

  The scope of the interoperability testing includes those referred to as
"General" and "Specific" Testing. The General interoperability testing
will be conducted on an on-going basis according to AIL test
plans which are available to its sponsors. These test plans are based on
the AIL Core Capability Set document which has input from the industry.

  The additional information about AIL and forthcoming events at AIL in
near future are available under URL address http://www.ail.gmu.edu/

  If there are any further questions regarding the lab, 
you may contact Dr. Bijan Jabbari, Director, Advanced Internet lab 
(mail to: [email-masked])  

  Regards

  Rajiv Papneja

> their MPLS implementation ?

********************************
Rajiv Papneja (GRA)
Advanced Internet Laboratory
George Mason University,
G10, Johnson Center,
Fairfax, VA 22030-4444
Tel: 703.993.4700
email: [email-masked]
********************************