Subject: MPLS TE MIB - Doubts

From: manikantan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 12:51:31 +0530

Hello 

I have some doubts and I would really appreciate if some one can help me in this.

1) Local Cookie, Remote Cookie. - How do I get this value, Do I get this value
by concatenating 
   a) Extended Tunnel Id and Tunnel ID field values in case of RSVP path messages?
   b) Ingress LSR Router ID and Local CRLS- Id in case of CRLDP Lbl Req messages?

2) What is the significant difference between the MIB objects "mplsTunnelOwner" 
and "mplsTunnelSignallingProto"? and how are these fields to be used?

  a) If the field "mplsTunnelOwner" is set to snmp(1) and the "mplsTunnel
      SignallingProto" is set to "ldp" / "rsvp", does this mean once the row
      status is made up, the tunnel must be established using CRLDP or 
      RSVP respectively?

  b) If the filed "mplsTunnelOwner" indicates "ldp" or "rsvp" does it mean
     that the tunnel is dynamically established using IGP (routing info)
     information? If so will the "mplsTunnelSignallingProto" have value
     "ldp" or "rsvp" respectively?

thanks in advance
with best regards
mani
 
/*-------------------------------------------------------------------*/
S.Manikantan
Future Software Private Limited
480-481, Anna salai, Nandanam,
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, 600 035,
India.
Phone	: +91-44-4330550
Fax	: +91-44-4344157.
Email	: [email-masked]
http://www.futsoft.com
/*--------------------------------------------------------------------*/

---

From: "Thomas D. Nadeau" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 15:31:20 -0400

Hi,

>    b) Ingress LSR Router ID and Local CRLS- Id in case of CRLDP Lbl Req 

         See last email to Adrian Farrel.

>and "mplsTunnelSignallingProto"? and how are these fields to be used?

         The main difference between these is the TunnelOwner
is the entity that created the tunnel. The signaling protocol is
the signaling protocol that was used to signal the tunnel.

>       status is made up, the tunnel must be established using CRLDP or

         Yes.

>      "ldp" or "rsvp" respectively?

         No. It depends on the ERO.

         --Tom