Subject: deployment

From: ksreeni <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 May 2000 11:09:18 +0530

Hi,
     I have a question on the deployment of MPLS. Below I have given one
practical example, So can somebody  resolve my questions?

_______                                      _______
        H1------------|              |     WAN link
|              |
        H2------------|  R          |------------------------|   ISP
|
        H3------------|
|                                    |              |

----------                                    ----------
                                  Router
at                                   LER
                              customer place

            In the above diagram R is the router at customer place
,having 3 hosts in the subnet and it is connected to ISP through WAN
link. And ISP is an LER in the MPLS domain.
        (1) Do I need to deploy MPLS on my router? If  yes, what are the
benifits?
        (2) As per my knowledge , I am not finding any necessity of MPLS
& LDP on end Host. Is that correct?
        (3) If ISP provides QOS based on the COS field in the SHIM
header and the customer subscribed some BW at ISP. Then , Is that
possible for ISP to policy the customer traffic at MPLS layer itself?

Thanks,
Sreeni.