Subject: RE: RSVP/CR-LDP interoperability

From: Kireeti Kompella <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2000 10:29:03 -0700 (PDT)

UUnet, Global Center, Level 3 and vBNS all use RSVP for signalling
MPLS.  To my knowledge, none of them use CR-LDP, but you'd have to
ask them.

There has been no interest from ISPs (as far as I know) in
RSVP-CRLDP interoperability.

Kireeti.

---

From: "James R. Leu" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2000 12:35:08 -0500

> RSVP-CRLDP interoperability.

No one is talking about because it tends to lead to religious wars.
I have heard of models where RSVP-TE is used for signaling in the core
and CR-LDP is used at the aggregation level.  This may not be popular
(yet) but it does have some benifits.

I'm supprised no one has mentioned:
draft-wright-mpls-crldp-rsvpte-iw-00.txt

Jim
-- 
James R. Leu

---

From: Yakov Rekhter <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 04 Jun 2000 18:25:21 -0700

Jim,

> (yet) but it does have some benifits.

Would you please say more on what would be these benefits.

Yakov.

---

From: Vijay Gill <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2000 21:41:05 -0400 (EDT)

> RSVP-CRLDP interoperability.

There is a reason for that. It is hard enough to get RSVP and the MPLS
code bits to work properly, without trying to add yet another protocol
into the mix. 

/vijay