Subject: LSP hierarchy with MPLS TE

From: George Swallow <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 11:05:43 -0400

Folks,

Yakov and Kireeti have requested that draft-kompella-lsp-hierarchy-00.txt
be accepted as a work group document.  So far I've only seen support.
If there are no objects by 6/27, we'll declare it so.

...George

======================================================================
George Swallow       Cisco Systems                   (978) 244-8143
                     250 Apollo Drive
                     Chelmsford, Ma 01824

---

From: Grenville Armitage <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 20:53:13 -0700

I wouldn't call this an objection, but how about we decide
its disposition at the upcoming IETF after hearing a presentation?
Its not like the meeting is that far away.

cheers,
gja

> If there are no objects by 6/27, we'll declare it so.

________________________________________________________________________
Grenville Armitage                    http://members.home.net/garmitage/
Bell Labs Research Silicon Valley

---

From: "James R. Leu" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 10:43:16 -0400

> If there are no objects by 6/27, we'll declare it so.

Maybe this isn't a significant issues, but:

In section "4.1.2. Link ID (OSPF only)" it states:

   The Link ID is set to the Router ID of the head end of FA-LSP.

Doesn't this conflict with RFC2328 Section 12.4.1.  Router-LSAs:

     Link type   Description       Link ID
     __________________________________________________
     1           Point-to-point    Neighbor Router ID
                 link

How does the above affect the following (from RFC2328 Section 12.4.1
as well)?

   In addition, the Link Data field is specified for each link.
   For ... numbered point-to-point links ... this field specifies
   the IP interface address of the associated router interface.
   ...
   For unnumbered point-to-point links, the Link Data field should
   be set to the unnumbered interface's MIB-II [Ref8] ifIndex value.

Jim  
-- 
James R. Leu
Software Engineer
Laurel Networks, Inc
[email-masked]