Subject: draft-kompella-mpls-bundle-01.txt questiona..

From: Debanjan Saha <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 10:47:35 -0500

Yakov, Kireeti and Lou,

First of all, is this the latest version of the draft. If yes,
I have the following questions.

Quoted from section 3.1 of the draft..

"Component links may either be unnumbered, or all components links
   must be numbered identically.  In the former case, the bundled link
   may be either unnumbered or numbered with IP addresses assigned to
   some "virtual" interfaces on an LSR (it is assumed that an LSR may
   have multiple virtual interfaces).  In the latter case, the bundled
   link is numbered the same as the component links."

In the first sentence, you say "all component links must be numbered 
identically". What does "identically" really mean?

In the last sentence, you say "the bundled link is numbered the same as 
the component links". Does it mean that the bundle can be numbered with
the IP address of any one of the component links?

Also, have you considered taking SRLG information into account for
bundling?

What about including resource information of the kind?
	4 OC-48 
        2 OC-192 etc...

Current mode of bandwidth accounting does not provide sufficient 
information on bandwidth granularity which is very important for
optical networks.

Regards,
Debanjan

Regards,

Debanjan

-- 
Debanjan Saha                         Phone: 732-923-4264
Senior Network Architect              Fax:   732-923-9804
Tellium Optical Systems               http://www.tellium.com