Subject: RE: Few clarifications in CR-LDP-3

From: "Bilel Jamoussi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 23:35:15 -0500

Chetan,

Thanks for your comments. Clarification #1 well taken.

Bilel.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, October 07, 1999 4:58 AM
To: Jamoussi, Bilel [BL3:2001-I:EXCH]; [email-masked]
Subject: Few clarifications in CR-LDP-3

Hi,

Clarification #1
Page 4 of the CR-LDP draft 3
---------------------------------------------------------------
"2.1 Strict and Loose Explicit Routes

   Like any other LSP a CR-LSP is a path through an MPLS network. The
   difference is that while other paths are setup solely based on
   information in routing tables or from a management system, the
   constraint-based route is calculated at one point at the edge of
   network based on criteria, including but not limited to routing
   information. The intention is that this functionality shall give
   desired special characteristics to the LSP in order to better
   support the traffic sent over the LSP. The reason for setting up CR-
   LSPs might be that one wants to assign certain bandwidth or other
   Service Class characteristics to the LSP, or that one wants to make
   sure that alternative routes use physically separate paths through
   the network.

   An explicit route is represented in a Label Request Message as a
   list of nodes or groups of nodes along the constraint-based route.
   When the CR-LSP is established, all or a subset of the nodes in a
   group may be traversed by the LSP.  Certain operations to be
   performed along the path can also be encoded in the constraint-based
   route."

Can the first paragraph under section 2.1 be moved under Section 2
"Constraint-based Routing Overview"?
I felt this as that paragraph is talking generally about CR-LSPs and not
"explicitly" about Explicit Routes