Subject: Comment on the MPLS Diffserv Extensions

From: Bora Akyol <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 13:07:10 -0700

More comments to follow, but for now, can we please take out section 11
related to ECN bits out of this draft. I think ECN handling is
completely outside the scope of this draft and section 11 does not do a
good enough job of discussing it.

Bora Akyol

---

From: Grenville Armitage <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 13:45:22 -0700

I'm in the process of writing my own comments on this I-D,
but in case I forget I want to concur with Bora here. The
section on ECN isn't necessary, and detracts from this document's
focus as a normative spec on diffserv mappings. It is sufficient
to note that use of ECN concepts might involve borrowing
EXP bits, but that additional discussion is outside the scope 
of draft-ietf-mpls-diff-ext-05.txt.

cheers,
gja

-- 
________________________________________________________________________
Grenville Armitage                    http://members.home.net/garmitage/
Bell Labs Research Silicon Valley