Subject: Additional Index for mplsTunnelEntry

From: "Thomas D. Nadeau" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 15:16:01 -0400

Hi,

	Instead of calling the new index mplsTunnelSrcIpv4Addr,
we have decided that it would be more inline with the
current MPLS draft specifications for RSVP and CR-LDP to
use a 4-byte OCTET STRING called mplsTunnelIngressRouterId

	References to both drafts and their associated
text are listed below.

	--Tom

From:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-rsvp-lsp-tunnel-05.txt

          Extended Tunnel ID

          A 32-bit identifier used in the SESSION that  remains  constant
          over  the  life  of  the  tunnel.   Normally  set to all zeros.
          Ingress nodes that wish to narrow the scope of a SESSION to the
          ingress-egress  pair  may  place  their  IPv4 address here as a
          globally unique identifier.

	From:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-cr-ldp-03.txt

    Ingress LSR Router ID
         An LSR may use any of its own IPv4 addresses in this field.