Subject: Several questions about RSVP

From: Jie Zou <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 15:04:17 -0400

I hope some one can help me.

I have some questions about RSVP-TE on
"draft-ietf-mpls-rsvp-lsp-tunnel-05.txt":

1. On page 18, section 4.2
	"L3PID an identifier of the layer 3 protocal using this path.
	 Standard Ethertype values are used"
   My question is where I can find out these Standard Ethertype values on
   the layer 3 protocal ? 

2. On page 21, line 8, section 4.2.1,
        "The LABEL_REQUEST SHOULD be stored in the Path State Block", to
this, my consideration is that the LRO SHOULD be stored in the Path State
Block in the intermediate nodes, not ingress node and egress node.
        But there is another possible: the LRO is stored in all nodes
including ingress and egress node. Which one is correct or there is
another explaination?

3. on page 48, line 16, section 5.3

        "On receipt of a message containing a HELLO REQUEST object, the
   receiver MUST generate a Hello message containing a HELLO ACK object"

        "The receiver SHOULD also verify that the neighbor has not reset.
   This is done by comparing the sender's Src_Instance field value with
   the previously received value.  If the value differs, then a node
   MUST treat the neighbor as if communication has been lost."

 my confused is about "the previously received value": if the receiver
 received a message containing a HRO first time(no previously
 received value), then the value should be difference(I guess), then the
 communication has been lost at the first time by the explaination of
 draft. It seems that establishing communication is not possible. But it
 is possible. The question is how they can do it.

Thanks

Jie Zou

-------------------
MPLS Consortium
IOL, UNH
-------------------