Subject: MPOA and MPLS interaction

From: "Andrey Philippov" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 16:59:26 +0400

Hi, all

I have one question:

How two networks can interoperate, in following case - one network use a MPOA as a basic technology to transfer IP traffic over ATM, second network - MPLS technology.

Regards, Andrey

---

From: Jeremy Lawrence <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 22:23:06 +1000

Andrey,

At 16:59 07/25/2000 +0400, Andrey Philippov wrote:
[...]
>How two networks can interoperate, in following case - one network use
>a MPOA as a basic technology to transfer IP traffic over ATM, second
>network - MPLS technology.

An edge LSR has some interfaces which support unlabelled IP traffic,
and some interfaces which support MPLS. There is no restriction on
the particular link types, encapsulations, etc. for the unlabelled
IP links - they can be (for example) MPOA links. At least one
commercial edge LSR implementation supports packet forwarding between
MPOA and MPLS links.

Regards,

Jeremy Lawrence