Subject: BW reserve in a TE LSP

From: Juan Diego Otero <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 13:32:22 +0100

Hi,

We have established an MPLS TE Tunnel between 2

Cisco 7200 routers with RSVP as the signaling protocol.

We've made a RSVP reserve of 100 Kbit/s. I have one question:

if you don't use your BW reserved, or you just use, for

instace 25%, what happens with the unused reserved BW. It

can be used by other traffic flows? It can be used by best-effort

traffic who travels in the same links that the RSVP flows?

Thanks

Diego Otero

---

From: Robert Raszuk <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 07:55:01 -0700

> traffic who travels in the same links that the RSVP flows?

All TE reservations are done only in the control plane, nothing is
reserved on the interface level. Therefor the answer to both of your
questions is: yes.

R.

> Juan Diego Otero wrote: