Subject: draft-ietf-mpls-lsr-mib-06.txt

From: "Paul Tasillo" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 09:34:16 -0400

In draft-ietf-mpls-lsr-mib-06.txt, these sections mention admin/oper status
and their roles in the in-segment/out-segment tables, but the status entries
have been removed.

7.3.  mplsInSegmentTable
   ...
   The administrative and operational status objects for this table
   are used to control packet transmission on this segment.  If
   either the administrative and operational status objects for this
   table are set to 'down', this implies that packets will not be
   forwarded.  Likewise, if the values are set to 'up' this implies
   that packets are forwarded.  These values are particularly useful
   in cases where multi-point connections utilize a single cross-
   connect and the administrator wishes to disable some, but not all
   of the streams.  In these cases, the administrator may set the
   administrative status object to 'down' on some of the in-segments.

7.5.  mplsOutSegmentTable
   ...
   The administrative and operational status objects for this table
   are used to control packet transmission on this segment.  If
   either the administrative and operational status objects are set
   to 'down', this implies that packets will not be forwarded.
   Likewise, if the values are set to 'up' this implies that packets
   are forwarded.  These values are particularly useful in cases
   where multicast connections utilize a single cross-connect and the
   administrator wishes to disable some, but not all of the streams.
   In these cases, the administrator may set the administrative
   status object to 'down' on some of the out-segments.

Sould more empahsis be placed on the oper/admin status of the XCTable
entries? When a XC entry is down packets will not be forwarded through ANY
segments that utilize the XC entry.

-Paul

Paul Tasillo
Tivoli Systems