Subject: questions about ERO

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 16:29:08 -0400

Georage,

I have two questions about ERO:

  1. In draft-mpls-rsvp-lsp-tunnel-05.txt, section 4.3.2, it says "Certain operations
  to be performed along the path can be encoded in the ERO".

  In draft-mpls-rsvp-lsp-tunnel-06.txt, the operations is not mentioned.

  My questions is: no operation is allowed in new draft or it's still there but not
  mentioned?

  2. In section 4.3.4.1, 3)
  it says "Next, the node evaluates the second subobject.  If the node is
    also a part of the abstract node described by the second subobject,
    then the node deletes the first subobject and continues processing
    with step 2, above." 

  In my understanding, when a node received a Path message with a ERO, it first check
  the first subobject in the ERO, if the node is a part of the abstract node described
  by the fisrt subobject, then the node check the second subobject. If no second
  subobject, ERO is removed by the node. If there is the second subobject, the node
  should use the second subobject to replace the first subobj or insert the second
  subobj before the first subobject.

  Is that correct? What the semantics of "Next, the node evaluates the second
  subobject.  If the node is also a part of the abstract node described by the second
  subobject" ? Is the node is that received the ERO with the first subobj? If it is,
  how is it described by the second subobj?

  I am appreciate for your answer.

  Regards,

  Ted

----------
Get your own FREE, personal Netscape Webmail account today at http://home.netscape.com/webmail/