Subject: EXPLICIT_ROUTE object too big for PATH or RESV message

From: "Sanford, Bill" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 09:19:15 -0400

In section 4.3.4.2. of draft-ietf-mpls-rsvp-lsp-tunnel-06.txt

"After selecting a next hop, the node MAY alter the explicit route in the
following ways.

If, as part of executing the algorithm in section 4.3.4.1, the
EXPLICIT_ROUTE object is removed, the node MAY add a new EXPLICIT_ROUTE
object.

Otherwise, if the node is a member of the abstract node for the first
subobject, a series of subobjects MAY be inserted before the first subobject
or MAY replace the first subobject.  Each subobject in this series MUST
denote an abstract node that is a subset of the current abstract node.

Alternately, if the first subobject is a loose subobject, an arbitrary
series of subobjects MAY be inserted prior to the first subobject."
*****

I didn't see in the spec where if you have an EXPLICIT_ROUTE object and it
is to big to fit into the PATH or RESV message, how it is handled. What
happens when the first hop is loose, and a series of subobjects are inserted
before the first subobject?  Do we drop the message and return and error or
does it get dropped and keep going?

Bill