Subject: FW: I-D ACTION:draft-lang-mpls-lmp-01.txt

From: Jonathan Lang <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 14:23:46 -0700

Hello,
  FYI.  The next version of LMP is available from the on-line
Internet-Drafts directories.

-Jonathan

Calient Networks

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, July 20, 2000 3:45 AM
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-lang-mpls-lmp-01.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title		: Link Management Protocol (LMP)
	Author(s)	: J. Lang, K. Mitra, J. Drake, K. Kompella, 
                          Y. Rekhter, L. Berger, D. Saha, D. Basak, H.
Sandick
	Filename	: draft-lang-mpls-lmp-01.txt
	Pages		: 33
	Date		: 19-Jul-00
	
Future networks will consist of photonic switches, optical 
crossconnects, and routers that may be configured with bundled links 
consisting of a number of user component links and an associated 
control channel.  This draft specifies a link management protocol 
(LMP) that runs between neighboring nodes and will be used for both 
link provisioning and fault isolation.  A unique feature of LMP is 
that it is able to isolate faults in both opaque and transparent 
networks, independent of the encoding scheme used for the component 
links. LMP will be used to maintain control channel connectivity, 
verify component link connectivity, and isolate link, fiber, or 
channel failures within the network.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lang-mpls-lmp-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-lang-mpls-lmp-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-lang-mpls-lmp-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 14:23:46 -0700