Subject: Overlap in MIB objects for Classifiers

From: Keith McCloghrie <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2000 14:58:33 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

It appears to me that there is considerable overlap in the MIB
objects defined for Classifiers in draft-ietf-diffserv-mib-04.txt
and in draft-nadeau-mpls-packet-classifier-mib-01.txt, but that within
the overlap there are some significant differences.  Could the authors
get together and work out some common subset which they can both
leverage (and if they're successful, perhaps the relevant WG chairs
could consult with the O&M ADs to determine what WG should sponsor the
common subset.)

Keith.

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2000 16:25:03 -0500

Keith,

Well, it would be the diffserv WG that defines the semantics of diffserv.
If an MPLS draft attempts to change the semantics of diffserv, that would
be strange.

We are close to the point of WG last call for the diffserv MIB, after
a lengthy discussion. If the authors of 
draft-nadeau-mpls-packet-classifier-mib-01.txt think there are issues
in the diffserv MIB, they need to tell us Real Soon Now.

   Brian

Keith McCloghrie wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> diffserv mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/diffserv
> Archive: http://www-nrg.ee.lbl.gov/diff-serv-arch/