Subject: Re: draft-ietf-mpls-lsr-mib-05.txt

From: "Thomas D. Nadeau" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 11:46:32 -0400

Hi,

>I noticed the following errors and omissions in
>draft-ietf-mpls-lsr-mib-05.txt:
>
>1. mplsXCIndex is not included in the mplsXCGroup OBJECT-GROUP

         This is okay because indexes are mandatory by default.
How else would you implement a table without indexes?

>2. There are no Notification definitions for mplsInSegmentUp,
>     mplsInSegmentDown,  mplsOutSegmentUp or mplsOutSegmentDown

         Yes, these were removed because this was the consensus
taken during the last call period.

>3. There is no RowStatus column in the mplsInterfaceConfTable,

         There is no RowStatus for InterfaceConfEntries because
it does not make sense to create/destroy MPLS interfaces.
The software should create them and then you can configure them
afterwards.

>    mplsInterfacePerfTable, mplsInSegmentPerfTable or
>    mplsOutSegmentPerfTable

         These tables are all read-only; RowStatus makes no
sense for these.

>4. The mplsInterfaceConfTable entries are not consistently named.
>    ie. should be mplsInterfaceConfxxxxx
>5. The mplsInterfacePerfTable entries are not consistently named.
>    ie. should be mplsInterfacePerfxxxxx

         There were a slight oversight, but are not technically
errors. There are no strict naming conventions defined
in the SMI for table attributes.

         --Tom