Subject: [FYI: I-D ACTION:draft-rs-optical-bundling-00.txt]

From: Debanjan Saha <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2000 11:04:02 -0500

-- 
Debanjan Saha                         Phone: 732-923-4264
Senior Network Architect              Fax:   732-923-9804
Tellium Optical Systems               http://www.tellium.com

Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-rs-optical-bundling-00.txt
From: [email-masked]
To: IETF-Announce:;@loki.ietf.org
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2000 06:31:29 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title		: Link Bundling Considerations in Optical Networks
	Author(s)	: B. Rajagopalan, D. Saha
	Filename	: draft-rs-optical-bundling-00.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 05-Jul-00
	
In an optical mesh network, two adjacent optical cross connects (OXCs)
may have multiple, parallel, discrete bandwidth links connecting them
[1].  When a link state routing protocol (e.g., OSPF) is used, these
links may all be bundled together and advertised in a single link state
advertisement (LSA). This draft describes the issues that arise when
optical links are bundled, and proposes a rule for  bundling optical
links. This work is complimentary to the work on link bundling for
MPLS TE [2]. The differences between optical link bundling and link
bundling for MPLS TE are also described.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rs-optical-bundling-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-rs-optical-bundling-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-rs-optical-bundling-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.