Subject: RE: mpls-in-ip

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 08:03:23 +0100

Hi Tom,

Just an observation but......if we allow LSPs (ostensibly a CO entity) to be
a client layer of an IP server layer (a CNLS entity) will this not present
some *interesting* problems?  For example:
-	I guess IP would also be a client of the LSP.....and in theory one
could recurse this relationship many times;
-	QoS control would be a issue (esp if there was no control over how
many times the recursion could exist......this is not just as a single
instance, but also in a concatenated sense);
-	........and so would defect handling and OAM in general.

Have these factors been considered?

neil

---

From: "Loa Andersson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 15:45:02 +0200

Neil and Tom,

we been touching this before, but it is my view that LSPs (in the 
vanilla sense) are CL, ER-LSPs loosely routed are also CL, it takes
certain measures ER routed and pinned down, to make them look and
behave as CO entities.

It might be argued that those CO look alikes are the only LSPs we
want, but that is another story.

/Loa

-- 

Loa Andersson
Director Routing Architecture Lab, EMEA
St Eriksgatan 115A, PO Box 6701
113 85 Stockholm, Sweden
phone: +46 8 50 88 36 34,   mobile + 46 70 522 78 34
e-mail: [email-masked]