Subject: RSVP LABEL_REQUEST object question

From: "Michael H. O'Meara" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 16:03:22 -0400

Hello,
	I have a question about the LABEL_REQUEST object C-Type 2 from
draft-ietf-mpls-rsvp-lsp-tunnel-06.txt.

	Section 4.1.1.1 of the draft states, on how LABEL objects should
be handled in downstream nodes:
	
	"The M-bit in the LABEL_REQUEST object of C-Type 2, label request
        with ATM label range, serves this purpose.  The M-bit SHOULD be
	set by nodes which are merge capable. If for any senders the M-bit
	is not set, the downstream node MUST assign unique labels to those
	senders."

	However, section 4.2.2 of the draft states in the descrition of
the LABEL_REQUEST object:

	"M

         Setting this bit to one indicates that the node is not capable
         of merging in the data plane"

	If it is possible to get some clarification as to wheter the M-bit
should be set or not to indicate if an ATM node is merge capable, it would
be much appreciated. Thanks a lot.

	Sincerely,
	    Michael O'Meara

***************************
Michael O'Meara
[email-masked]
Technician
MPLS Consortium	
Interoperability Lab
University of New Hampshire
***************************