Subject: (Post-)Doctoral positions on MPLS traffic engineering

From: [email-masked] (Guy Leduc)
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2000 15:52:47 +0100

Hi,

(Post-)Doctoral positions are available at the University of Liège, in the
Research Unit in Networking (RUN), on the following topic:

"Intra-domain traffic engineering for IP/MPLS over DWDM networks"

The work will take place in the framework of a European funded project. The
expected starting date is October 2000 and the duration is expected to be
30 months.

The University of Liege:

Founded in 1817, the University of Liege is the only public
community-sponsored university in the French-speaking part of Belgium,
which offers a complete range of university courses at undergraduate and
post-graduate levels. It is divided into eight faculties: Philosophy and
Letters; Law and School of Criminology; Sciences; Medicine; Applied
Sciences; Veterinary Medicine; Psychology and Educational Sciences;
Economics, Management and Social Sciences. Its staff comprises 3,300
employees, including 400 lecturers and 2000 researchers. 18% of its 14,000
students come from 70 different countries. Lecturers, researchers and
students take part in exchange programmes with over 300 institutions. The
quality and originality of the research work (pure and applied) have met
with international recognition. The University of Liege is involved in many
European and international research programmes.

The Research Unit in Networking (RUN):

RUN is the Research Unit in Networking of the University of Liege. It is
part of the Montefiore Institute and the Faculty of Applied Science. The
unit was founded by Prof. A. Danthine in 1972 and is now headed by Prof.
Guy Leduc since 1997. Research in RUN bears on computer networks: (a)
Quality of Service and multicast in IP networks, (b) (active) communication
services and middleware protocols for multimedia applications, (c) study of
TCP/IP over ATM networks, and (d) formal specification, verification,
implementation and testing of these systems, and especially of real-time
systems.

More information about RUN can be found at: http://www-run.montefiore.ulg.ac.be

Interested candidates are invited to send their Curriculum Vitae to (and
for further information to get in touch with) :

Prof. Guy Leduc
Université de Liege, Institut Montefiore, B28, B-4000 Liège 1, Belgium
Email: [email-masked]
Tel: +32 4 366 26 98 (secretariat: +32 4 366 26 91) - Fax: +32 4 366 29 89

________________________________________________________________________
Prof. Guy Leduc                               Tel :   +32 4 366 26 98
Universite de Liege                           Secr :  +32 4 366 26 91
Reseaux Informatiques                         Fax :   +32 4 366 29 89
Research Unit in Networking (RUN)             [email-masked]
Institut d'Electricite Montefiore, B 28, B-4000 LIEGE 1, BELGIUM
         http://www-run.montefiore.ulg.ac.be/users/leduc.html