Subject: question on generalized MPLS signaling

From: "Kullberg, Alan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 10:13:18 -0400

I have been reading draft-ashwood-generalized-mpls-signaling-00.txt
and draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-hierarchy-00.txt and have a question.  When
a bidirectional LSP is being signaled, a label stack may be required
in the reverse direction.  Can the method described in lsp-hierarchy
be applied in the reverse direction?  If so, where does the "strict hop
subsequence" come from?  For RSVP, it could come from a record
route object, but for CR-LDP, there is no such record route TLV.

Thanks,

Alan

---

From: "James R. Leu" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 14:16:27 -0400

> route object, but for CR-LDP, there is no such record route TLV.

What about the Path Vector TLV? In LDP it is used for loop detection it
contains the same info as the RRO.

Jim
-- 
James R. Leu
Software Engineer
Laurel Networks, Inc
[email-masked]