Subject: Problems with TE LSPs

From: Juan Diego Otero <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 13:18:08 +0100

Hi,

I've been trying to establish a TE LSP between 2 Cisco 7200 routers.

********
********

* 7200  *-----------* 7200  *

********
********

----------------------------->

TE LSP

I've configured the routers following the configuration example present
in

the Cisco document MPLS Traffic Engineering, and I have found some
problems.

This is what I get:

****************************************************

7200_3#show interface tunnel 1

Tunnel1 is up, line protocol is down

Hardware is Tunnel

Interface is unnumbered. Using address of Loopback0

(17.17.17.17)

MTU 1514 bytes, BW 9 Kbit, DLY 500000 usec,

reliability 255/255, txload 1/255, rxload
1/255

Encapsulation TUNNEL, loopback not set

Keepalive set (10 sec)

Tunnel source 17.17.17.17, destination 11.11.11.11

Tunnel protocol/transport Label Switching, key disabled,

sequencing disabled

Checksumming of packets disabled,  fast tunneling enabled

Last input never, output never, output hang never

Last clearing of "show interface" counters never

Queueing strategy: fifo

Output queue 0/0, 3 drops; input queue 0/75, 0 drops

5 minute input rate 0 bits/sec, 0 packets/sec

5 minute output rate 0 bits/sec, 0 packets/sec

0 packets input, 0 bytes, 0 no buffer

Received 0 broadcasts, 0 runts, 0 giants,
0 throttles

0 input errors, 0 CRC, 0 frame, 0 overrun,
0 ignored, 0 abort

3 packets output, 156 bytes, 0 underruns

0 output errors, 0 collisions, 0 interface
resets

**************************************************************

The running config corresponding to the last is this:

**************************************************************

ip cef

mpls traffic-eng tunnels

cns event-service server

!

interface Loopback0

ip address 17.17.17.17 255.255.255.255

no ip directed-broadcast

!

interface Tunnel1

ip unnumbered Loopback0

no ip directed-broadcast

tunnel destination 11.11.11.11

tunnel mode mpls traffic-eng

tunnel mpls traffic-eng priority 1 1

tunnel mpls traffic-eng bandwidth 100

tunnel mpls traffic-eng path-option 1 explicit identifier 2

************************************************

If somebody has tried something similar, any comment will be very wellcome.

Well, that's all. Thanks a lot.

Diego Otero

---

From: Robert Raszuk <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 05:28:36 -0700

Juan,

Please send emails like this to [email-masked]. This alias is
for protocol architecture discussions not for troubleshooting vendor
specifc issues or broken configurations.

R.

> Juan Diego Otero wrote:
>             ********                ********
>             ********                ********
> I've configured the routers following the configuration example
> present in
>      reliability 255/255, txload 1/255, rxload 1/255
>      Received 0 broadcasts, 0 runts, 0 giants, 0 throttles
>      0 input errors, 0 CRC, 0 frame, 0 overrun, 0 ignored, 0 abort
>      0 output errors, 0 collisions, 0 interface resets