Subject: Label Distribution and Mapping

From: Olen Stokes <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 12:53:08 -0700

I would like to make certain that I am understanding the rules 
presented in Section 2.1 of the LDP Spec for mapping a FEC 
to a LSP.  Please consider the following network:

LER1 ----- LSR ---- LER2 ----

LER2 is the egress router for several routes.  The network is 
operating in downstream unsolicited mode. 

Are the following statements correct?

a) if LER2 wants a LSP that is used only for traffic destined to 
itself, it distributes a label mapping with a Host Address FEC 
for its address.

b) if LER2 wants a LSP that is used only for traffic to a 
particular route X for which it is the egress router, it distributes 
a label mapping with an Address Prefix FEC for route X.

c) if LER2 wants a single LSP that is used by all of the traffic 
for which it is the egress router, it distributes a label mapping 
with an Address Prefix FEC for its own address with a mask 
of 32 bits.

Thanks for any help that anyone can provide.

Cheers,
Olen