Subject: negotiations in CR-LDP

From: "Ajay Malik" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 11:46:03 -0500

Hi,
  I have a question regarding negotiations in CR-LDP: 
     LER--LSR1--LSR2---LSR3--LER

  if the LSR2 finds that sufficient resources are not available and the
parameter 
  values are negotiable what does it exactly does ? 
    * does it modify the setup and sends it to LSR3 irrespective of anything
?
    * does it first negotiate with LSR1 ? how ? (take example of PDR in
Delay 
      sensitive service) 
    
Ajay

---

From: Vasanthi Thirumalai <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 14:14:08 -0400

Hi,

In the example that you have given, LSR2 would modify
the PDR(it may substitute it with a smaller value) and send the Label request
to LSR3.

In general an LSR that cannot satisfy a negotiable traffic parameter
request, replaces it with a smaller  value and propagates the Label
request. Label Mapping carries the final negotiated value. The LSRs along
the path, then adjust the resources they  reserved for the path, based
on the values conveyed in  the Label Mapping message.

-Vasanthi

Ajay Malik wrote:

Hi,

I have a question regarding
negotiations in CR-LDP:

if the LSR2 finds that sufficient resources are
not available and the parameter

values are negotiable what does it exactly does
?

* does it modify the setup and sends
it to LSR3 irrespective of anything ?

* does it first negotiate with LSR1
? how ? (take example of PDR in Delay

sensitive service)

Ajay