Subject: Re: EXPLICIT_ROUTE object too big for PATH or RESV message

From: George Swallow <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 13:45:37 -0400

Bill 

This seems like a pretty remote case.  

First the ERO never is carried on a RESV message.  I point this out
because the RESV message was the primary worry on RRO.  An RESV
message not only can carry an RRO, but could carry *many* RROs.  So
the possibility of exceeding the Max of 64K was not entirely remote.
(Remember that fragmentation of RSVP messages is legal.)

The ERO is carried only in the PATH message.  It is difficult to
imagine a PATH message growing beyond 64K.  Perhaps with the help of
an RRO one could squint hard and imagine it.  But in that case you can
process the ERO first and chuck the RRO.

So I don't think that an error code is necessary.

...George

==================================================================
George Swallow       Cisco Systems                   (978) 244-8143
                     250 Apollo Drive
                     Chelmsford, Ma 01824