Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mpls-vcid-atm-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2000 10:19:23 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: VCID Notification over ATM link for LDP
	Author(s)	: K. Nagami, N. Demizu, H. Esaki, 
                          Y. Katsube, P. Doolan
	Filename	: draft-ietf-mpls-vcid-atm-05.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 07-Aug-00
	
The ATM Label Switching Router (ATM-LSR) is one of the major
applications of label switching. Because the ATM layer labels (VPI
and VCI) associated with a VC rewritten with new value at every ATM
switch nodes, it is not possible to use them to identify a VC in
label mapping messages. The concept of Virtual Connection Identifier
(VCID) is introduced to solve this problem.  VCID has the same value
at both ends of a VC.  This document specifies the procedures for the
communication of VCID values between neighboring ATM-LSRs that must
occur in order to ensure this property.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-vcid-atm-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-mpls-vcid-atm-05.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-vcid-atm-05.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.