Subject: Using DU Mode of LDP

From: "HANSEN CHAN" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 08:16:12 -0400

Dear all,

In draft-martini-l2circuit-trans-mpls-01.txt (and also another similar
draft draft-malis-sonet-ces-mpls-00.txt), the use of downstream
unsolicited mode of LDP is specified to setup VC LSP. Is there any
technical reasons that prevent using RSVP-TE or downstream on demand
mode of LDP?

Thanks,
Hansen

---

From: George Swallow <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 10:56:42 -0400

Hansen -

The authors may have a more definitive answer, but my quess would be
that they don't really require downstream unsolicited, only that it be
able to work with downstream unsolicited.  That is, they're not
depending on RSVP or LDP to communicate anything end-to-end.

...George

==================================================================
George Swallow       Cisco Systems                   (978) 244-8143
                     250 Apollo Drive
                     Chelmsford, Ma 01824