Subject: Question on Notify Message

From: Chris Metz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2000 11:08:32 -0700

Hi-
Terrific job on the Generalized MPLS signaling draft presented this week in 
Pittsburgh. I had a question on the RSVP Notify message described in 
section 5.
The draft mentions that it does not replace existing error messages. But 
what happens if a particular node along an MPLS TE tunnel (say it is head 
end of a tunnel traversing a single area) receives an RSVP patherr message, 
an RSVP Notify message and a link-state LSA/LSP all reflecting a failure 
along the path.

Is there the possiblity that a race condition could arise? Or I suppose it 
could be up to the implementation to decide what information will be used 
to recover from the TE tunnel failure.

Thanks ...

Chris Metz
Lead IP Architect
Solutions Integration
Service Provider Line of Business
Cisco Systems
email: [email-masked]
offic phone: 408-525-3275
home office: 914-241-0423
pager: 800-365-4578
Internal URL: http://wwwin-people.cisco.com/chmetz/chmetz.htm