Subject: LDP Specification

From: "Lichung Chang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 00:03:47 -0400

Hi,

    In http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-09.txt
section 3.5.1.2.2. Unknown or Malformed TLV  shows that:

> If the TLV type is >= 0x8000 (high order bit 1) the TLV is
> silently dropped.  Section "Unknown TLV in Known Message Type"
> elaborates on this behavior.

    Where can I find the section "Unknown TLV in Known Message Type"?
Thanks in advance for your clarification.

Lichung

---

From: Bob Thomas <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 06:57:41 -0400

Lichung,

> Thanks in advance for your clarification.

There is no such section.  This error goes back at least as far
as draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-02.txt.

The behavior in question is best described in Section 3.3
(Type-Length-Value Encoding).

Thanks for pointing this out.

Bob