Subject: A few comments on draft-ietf-mpls-te-mib-04.txt

From: Paul Langille <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 08:32:57 -0400

Hi Tom. Here are a few comments on the draft-ietf-mpls-te-mib-04.txt.

Content:

o Page 26: The description for the mplsTunnelResourceMaxRate object states that "0
indicates best-effort treatment." This violates the syntax of MplsBitRate.
MplsBitRate is defined in the LSR MIB and it has a "SYNTAX  Integer32
(1..2147483647)". The simple solution would be to change the range to include "0"
but the LSR MIB gone to last call. (Heavy sigh.)

o Should some text be added to indicate that the "mplsTunnelIndex" should be used
as the Tunnel ID?

Editorial:

o Section 6.2: The last sentence in this section is "Tunnel that do not share
resource...this table." "Tunnel" should be "Tunnels".

o Page 21: The description for mplsTunnelHopTable has the following sentence: "Each
row in this table is indexed primarily by the same index, mplsTunnelIndex, as the
row of the corresponding tunnel in mplsTunnelTable." The index to this table has
changed so this statement is no longer true.

o Page 24: In the description for mplsTunnelHopLspId, (in the second sentence)
"tuunel" should be replaced with "tunnel"

o Many pages. The references to <draft-ietf-mpls-lsr-mib-04.txt> need to be
updated.

o Starting at Page 26: The objects: mplsTunnelResourceMaxRate,
mplsTunnelResourceMeanRate, and mplsTunnelResourceMaxBurstSize all need to have
their descriptions updated to reflect the name changes of the LSR MIB. One example
is the sentence "This object is copied to an instance of mplsTSpecMaxRate in
mplsTSpecTable the index of which is copied into the corresponding
mplsInSegmentTSpecIndex." In this sentence "mplsTSpecMaxRate" should be changed to
"mplsTrafficParamMaxRate" etc. (I believe these names were changed in the LSR MIB
when going from version 02 to 03.)

--
Paul Langille                e-mail: [email-masked]
Crescent Networks            phone: (978) 244-9002 x244
201 Riverneck Road           fax: (978) 244-9211
Chelmsford, MA 01824

---

From: "Thomas D. Nadeau" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 09:12:40 -0400

Hi Paul,

         Thanks for the comments. We will get to looking at them shortly
and will reply to them then.

         Regards,

         --Tom