Subject: Re:

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2000 14:07:19 -0400

Hi, 

I have a question about RSVP LSP:

if we have a LSP like below:

A--LER1--LSR--LER2--B

A,B are none rsvp nodes. LER1, LSR and LER2 are RSVP nodes. 
if LSP is setup from A to B, what happened to LER1, LSR and LER2?

Is there a RSVP LSP established from LER1 to LER2? or they just forward sessions without another RSVP LSP setup?

Thanks in advance
John

----------
Get your own FREE, personal Netscape Webmail account today at http://home.netscape.com/webmail/

---

From: "Edward Brookhouse" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2000 16:38:27 -0400

Just making sure I understand the scenario, do you mean that you are
stitching the two LSP's together across and LSR?

If not, would this be more like...

A - LIR-TLSR-LER-B

    LIR= Label Ingress Router
   TLSR=Transit Label Switch Router
    LER=Label Egress Router

Just making sure I caught what you were asking.

Edward Brookhouse
Greenwich Technology Partners
[email-masked]

---

From: Gaitonde Anandprasanna <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2000 19:19:57 +0530 (IST)

Well i think even if there are applications running on hosts A and B ,
though the RSVP deamon is not running on theses machines. these
applications can signal their requirement for setting up a RSVP LSP to the
RSVP process running on the LER and thus can use that LSP.
  But in case the applications are unable to do the above then the data
flow from tha application will be considered as any other data which has
not requested for the RSVP LSP. and will recieve normal service.

                     _____________________________                  
                   _ |ANANDPRASANNA GAITONDE     | _ 
                  / )|COMP. SCIENCE & AUTOMATION |( \
                 / / |D-7,IISc HOSTEL            | \ \
                / /  |INDIAN INSTITUTE OF SCIENCE|  \ \
              _( (_  |BANGALORE-560012.          |  _) )_
              (((\ \>|_/->___________________<-\_|</ /)))
              (\\\\ \_/ /LAB Ph.(080)3092906  \ \_/ ////)
               \       /HOSTEL Ph.-            \       /  
                \    _/     (080)3092452        \_    /     
                /   /-----------------------------\   \                  
               /  Email Id-                            \ 
              /      [email-masked]         \
	     ---------------------------------------------
            -----------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
		
*************************************************************************  
| | | | __ ___   _____     __ _    _ __ (_) ___ ___     __| | __ _ _   _
| |_| |/ _` \ \ / / _ \   / _` |  | '_ \| |/ __/ _ \   / _` |/ _` | | | |
|  _  | (_| |\ V /  __/  | (_| |  | | | | | (_|  __/  | (_| | (_| | |_| |
|_| |_|\__,_| \_/ \___|   \__,_|  |_| |_|_|\___\___|   \__,_|\__,_|\__, |
*************************************************************************

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2000 11:19:03 -0400

Hi, Gaitonde

How does the node can signal their requirement for setting up a RSVP LSP to the LER if it is none-RSVP nodes?

Regards,
Ted 

----------