Subject: Comments on draft-ietf-mpls-arch-07

From: Steve Yao <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2000 09:30:01 -0600

1. Section 3.8, last paragraph:
	Remove "though" or rephrase the last sentence.

2. Section 3.10
	Bullet items d), e), and f) should be changed to 3., 4., and 5.

3. Section 3.14, it states:
   "In general, Rd can only tell whether it was Ru1 or Ru2 that put the
   particular label value L at the top of the label stack if the
   following conditions hold:

     - Ru1 and Ru2 are the only label distribution peers to which Rd
       distributed a binding of label value L, and

     - Ru1 and Ru2 are each directly connected to Rd via a point-to-
       point interface."

   The first condition doesn't seem to be correct. Consider the case where
Rd
   distributes a binding of label value L to Ru1, Ru2, and Ru3, then it can
still tell
   if it was Ru1, Ru2, or Ru3 that put the particular lable for a labeled
packet as
   long as it uses different per-interface label spaces for Ru1, Ru2, and
Ru3.

4. Section 5.2.3, In the case of <*, RequestNever, *, *, ReleaseOnChange>,
it states:

       "In these MPLS schemes, Rd releases bindings when it isn't using
       them, but it never asks for them again, even if it later has a
       need for them.  These schemes thus do not ensure that label
       bindings get properly distributed."

   "Rd" should be changed to "Ru"

- Steve