Subject: Doubts in draft-ietf-mpls-te-mib-04.txt

From: "Manikantan S" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2000 11:21:20 +0530

Hello Thomas

I have the following  doubts and can you please clarify.

1) The Objects of the traps mplsTunnelUp, mplsTunnelDown, and
mplsTunnelRerouted have been
specified as
 mplsTunnelIndex,
 mplsTunnelInstance,
 mplsTunnelAdminStatus and
 mplsTunnelOperStatus.

Since we use  mplsTunnelIndex, mplsTunnelInstance and mplsTunnelIngressLSRId
(triplet) to uniquely identify a Tunnel, the mplsTunnelIngressLSRId value
too will be required as an object during the Trap generation. Should this
value too be passed when a trap is generated?

2) The Description for "mplsTunnelTrapEnable" deals with the generation of
mplsTunnelUp and mplsTunnelDown. Should the mplsTunnelRerouted be added too?
or mplsTunnelRerouted trap needs to generated irrespective of the
"mplsTunnelTrapEnable" value?

thanks in advance
with best regards
Mani

---

From: "Thomas D. Nadeau" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2000 08:11:59 -0500

Mani,

>value too be passed when a trap is generated?

         Yes, that is a typo on our part and is fixed in version -05
which we will be publising any day now.

>"mplsTunnelTrapEnable" value?

         Yes, I believe so.

         --Tom