Subject: E-LSP or L-LSP

From: Simeone Mastropietro <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 11:04:34 +0100

Hi All,
I am a novel researcher on MPLS and TE for Co.Ri.Tel ( Rome, Italy)...
Is there anyone that can help me to understand when E-LSPs or L-LSPs
actually should be used?
Thanks in advance

Simeone Mastropietro

---

From: "Yongjun Im" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 09:22:17 -0600

The definition of E-LSP and L-LSP is described in the following internet
draft;

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-diff-ext-07.txt

Take care,

---

From: "Daniel N. Bauer" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2000 09:00:04 +0100

Here's one difference that might or might not be important:

Packets that are carried inside an E-LSP might belong to
different PHB scheduling classes, whereas packets inside
an L-LSP belong to the same PHB scheduling class.
This difference is important in the case where admission control
is required/wanted: For L-LSPs, admission control can be carried
out since the traffic specification in the signaling matches a
single PHB scheduling class. For E-LSPs, this is not true and
consequently, no admission control can be carried out.

Regards,

-Daniel