Subject: Question regarding Path state bolck in case of RSVP-TE

From: Gaitonde Anandprasanna <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 22:26:11 +0530 (IST)

I have read the recent draft of RSVP-TE

but it does not discuss what should be the contents of the Path state
block.

For RSVP RFC 2209 discuses the contents of PSB , RSB etc.

Should there be any changes to the PSB and others for RSVP-TE.

I want to know whether it is implelentation dependednt or is it standard??

Thanx in advance

Pras 

                     _____________________________                  
                   _ |ANANDPRASANNA GAITONDE     | _ 
                  / )|COMP. SCIENCE & AUTOMATION |( \
                 / / |D-7,IISc HOSTEL            | \ \
                / /  |INDIAN INSTITUTE OF SCIENCE|  \ \
              _( (_  |BANGALORE-560012.          |  _) )_
              (((\ \>|_/->___________________<-_|</ /)))
              (\ _/ /LAB Ph.(080)3092906  \ _/ ////)
               \       /HOSTEL Ph.-            \       /  
                \    _/     (080)3092452        _    /     
                /   /-----------------------------\   \                  
               /  Email Id-                            \ 
              /      [email-masked]         \
	     ---------------------------------------------
            -----------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
		
*************************************************************************  
| | | | __ ___   _____     __ _    _ __ (_) ___ ___     __| | __ _ _   _
| |_| |/ _` \ \ / / _ \   / _` |  | '_ \| |/ __/ _ \   / _` |/ _` | | | |
|  _  | (_| |\ V /  __/  | (_| |  | | | | | (_|  __/  | (_| | (_| | |_| |
|_| |_|__,_| _/ ___|   __,_|  |_| |_|_|______|   __,_|__,_|__, |
*************************************************************************

---

From: David Charlap <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 12:32:42 -0500

> but it does not discuss what should be the contents of the Path state

The PSB is an internal structure.  Put anything in there that you think
makes sense for an implementation.  RFCs do not dictate your internal
designs.

> For RSVP RFC 2209 discuses the contents of PSB , RSB etc.

RFC 2209 is an informational RFC that describes one possible
implementation.  You are not required to make your implementation
identical to it.

> Should there be any changes to the PSB and others for RSVP-TE.

Probably.

> I want to know whether it is implelentation dependednt or is it

The layout of purely internal data structures are never requirements.

-- David