Subject: New draft: draft-xu-mpls-ipo-gmpls-arch-00.txt

From: Yangguang Xu <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 18:16:06 -0500

Hi,

A new I-D has just been submitted to IETF. 
"Generalized MPLS Control Plane Architecture for Automatic Switched Transport
Network"   

Abstract:
   
   Many solutions have been proposed to enable automatically switched 
   transport networks (ASTN). This document describes a control plane 
   architecture that can be applied to different packet and circuit 
   switching technologies (including fiber, waveband, wavelength, PDH, and 
   SONET/SDH). The control plane technology is based on IP/MPLS control 
   plane protocols. As such, this document is based on the concepts 
   introduced in [MPLambdas] and [GMPLS-SIG] from an architectural 
   perspective. It also describes how this control plane architecture 
   could facilitate control plane integration of networks across technical, 
   administrative, and business domains. This memo includes generic 
   procedures, key concepts, and technical considerations for the 
   generalized MPLS control plane architecture.  It is intended to 
   accentuate understanding of the application domains, create architectural 
   alignment, and serve as guide for protocol engineering.

Instead of waiting until Dec. 04. It can be viewed at:

http://www.geocities.com/yangguangxu/draft-xu-mpls-ipo-gmpls-arch-00.txt

Regards,

Yangguang