Subject: questions on MPLS architecture

From: Saurabh Shrivastava <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2000 09:52:38 -0800

1. Implicit NULL label - are the following equivalent - 

   a. LSR L has a NULL label as a binding for FEC F (this means
      this LSR will pop the label stack and forward packet)
   b. LSR L is an upstream LSR for FEC F, and the downstream LSR
      R has negotiated L to pop the label stack when L forwards
      a packet of FEC F to R.

   Or in other words is this statement correct - whenever a Rd
   negotiates PHP for FEC F with Ru, Ru assigns the NULL label
   to FEC F

2. 
   4.1.4. LSP Egress and LSP Proxy Egress

   An LSR R is considered to be an "LSP Egress" LSR for address prefix X
   if and only if one of the following conditions holds:

      1. R has an address Y, such that X is the address prefix in R's
         routing table which is the longest match for Y, or

   what does the above point mean ? Can someboy please give an example

-- 

--------------------------------------------------------------------
  Non-Reciprocal Laws of Expectations:
        Negative expectations yield negative results.
        Positive expectations yield negative results.

 Saurabh Shrivastava         [email-masked]

 Electronics for Imaging     650.357.3820 (office-direct)
 http://www.efi.com/         650.592.2634 (residence)
--------------------------------------------------------------------