Subject: RE: New MPLS charter

From: David Wang <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 09:37:35 -0600

What is the name of the "new MPLS charter"?

David

-----Original Message-----
From: George Swallow [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, November 30, 2000 9:02 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: New MPLS charter

As background to my last message...

A new MPLS charter was posted on the IETF web site around Nov. 17th.
This was crafted by the IESG without the consultation of the WG chairs.
I only caught wind of it yesterday.  Taken literally, all drafts into
this meeting are outside the scope of MPLS.  Our charter boils down to
Shut Down!

In view of this I will not be posting an agenda for MPLS.  Rather I
wait for word from our Area Directors.

No one has been forthcoming about the politics which have led to this
turn of events.  All I get are sound bites like "there's a lot of
stuff going on".

...George

======================================================================
George Swallow       Cisco Systems                   (978) 244-8143
                     250 Apollo Drive
                     Chelmsford, Ma 01824

---

From: George Swallow <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 10:48:52 -0500

Just look at the workgroup listings.

or more directly..

http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mpls-charter.html

...George

==================================================================
George Swallow       Cisco Systems                   (978) 244-8143
                     250 Apollo Drive
                     Chelmsford, Ma 01824

---

From: David Charlap <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 10:56:27 -0500

-- David