Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-kini-rsvp-lsp-restoration-00.txt

From: Sriganesh Kini <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 11:51:28 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

        Title           : ReSerVation Protocol with Traffic Engineering
extensions.Extension for Label Switched Path estoration
        Author(s)       : S. Kini, M. Kodialam, T. Lakshman, C.
Villamizar
        Filename        : draft-kini-rsvp-lsp-restoration-00.txt
        Pages           : 8
        Date            : 08-Nov-00
        
Traffic engineering using MPLS involves the setting up of label 
switched paths (LSP) possibly with explicit routing and with bandwidth
guarantees. The reliability of these LSPs can be increased by providing
a backup LSP onto which traffic can be switched upon failure of an
element in the path of the active LSP. Backup LSPs can be routed in a
way that bandwidth can be shared between backup links of more than one
active path while still guaranteeing recoverability for a set of
failures. This sharing greatly increases the network efficiency thereby
increasing the number of LSPs that can be carried while maintaining
guarantees. Algorithms which can route such recoverable LSPs while
using only aggregate network usage information are being developed.
Keeping these algorithms as the primary motivation this document
describes a mechanism to signal shared backup LSPs using RSVP.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kini-rsvp-lsp-restoration-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the
username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
        "get draft-kini-rsvp-lsp-restoration-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
        [email-masked].
In the body type:
        "FILE /internet-drafts/draft-kini-rsvp-lsp-restoration-00.txt".
        
NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
        MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
        feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
        command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
        a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail
readers
        exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
        "multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
        up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
        how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

<ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kini-rsvp-lsp-restoration-00.txt>
     Content-type: text/plain