Subject: Considerations on the development of an Optical Control Plane

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 11:35:37 -0000

Hi,

A new I-D has been submitted to the IETF.
 
"Considerations on the development of an Optical Control Plane".

Abstract:
   
   Work on extensions to IP control protocols for reuse in the control
   plane of optical transport networks has now been underway for around
   a year in the MPLS and IPO groups.  Recent discussions have however
   highlighted a lack of defined requirements that should be met by
   candidate protocols being considered for the optical control plane.
   Indeed, there have been several requests for carriers to submit
   their requirements.  This draft provides one view of some (but by no
   means all) of these requirements.  A protocol independent approach
   is taken, and the authors recommend that the design of any
   particular facet of an optical control plane should take into
   account the considerations made in this document.

Unfortunately I missed the deadline on Friday by around 1/2 an hour so.
Instead of waiting until after Dec. 10, it may be viewed at:

http://www.btinternet.com/~m.d.ford/draft-freeland-octrl-cons-00.txt

Regards,

Darren.

--------------------------------------------
> Disclaimer                               
>                                          
> "The information and statements in this  
> email are supplied and made in good faith
> and without prejudice.  They do not
> represent BT's only or final view or
> position and are subject to any change
> that BT may wish to make (including a
> complete reversal).  BT will not be liable
> for any action you take or not take based
> upon the contents of this email". 
--------------------------------------------