Subject: draft-ietf-mpls-lmp-01.txt

From: Jonathan Lang <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 17:48:36 -0800

All,

The LMP draft was updated and submitted.  It should be announced shortly.
In the meantime, it can be found at
http://www.employees.org/~azinin/draft-ietf-mpls-lmp-01.txt.

The following changes were made to the current LMP draft:

*Clarified the terminology and included some additional text and figure
showing the relationship between control channels and data-bearing links.

*Updated a number of message formats.

*Generalized the configuration procedure to incorporate other parameters.
This included defining a new TLV-based Config message and moving the
HelloConfig messages into Config TLVs. 

*Separated out the functionality into a base core set (Control channel
management & Link property correlation procedure) and an extended set of
*negotiable* procedures (Test & Fault isolation procedure).  The optional
procedures are negotiated as part of the generalized Config message
exchange.

*Updated the link finite state machine (FSM) - now separated into an FSM for
the control channel and an FSM for the data-bearing links.

*Introduced a new finite state machine (FSM) for link bundles.