Subject: DIFFSERV object

From: "Eleonora Manconi (TEI)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2000 19:05:02 +0100

Hi all,
I'm studing a possible extension of RSVP for MPLS. I have a question  about draft-ietf-mpls-diff-ext-0.7.txt again:
why the DIFFSERV object is added to the Path message ?(I mean is it the same if the DIFFSERV object is transported by the Resv message in the <FF flow descriptor list>? )

Thanks in advance.

/Eleonora

---

From: Francois Le Faucheur <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 16:45:28 +0100

Eleonora,

With RSVP-TE, a lot of the Tunnel properties are selected by the Head-End
and only signaled in the Path message. This is the case for the
SESSION_ATTRIBUTE (eg. setup and hold priorities) and for the
EXPLICIT_ROUTE. It also makes sense that the Diff-Serv requirements for the
tunnel be selected by the Head-end and signaled in the Path message.

Francois

At 19:05 24/11/2000 +0100, Eleonora Manconi (TEI) wrote:
>Hi all,
>I'm studing a possible extension of RSVP for MPLS. I have a question
about draft-ietf-mpls-diff-ext-0.7.txt again:
>why the DIFFSERV object is added to the Path message ?(I mean is it the
same if the DIFFSERV object is transported by the Resv message in the <FF
flow descriptor list>? )
>/Eleonora
_________________________________________________________________
Francois Le Faucheur   
Development Engineer, IOS Layer 3 Services 
Cisco Systems 
Office Phone:   	+33 4 92 96 75 64
Home Office Phone:     +33 4 92 94 00 78
Mobile :               +33 6 89 108 159
Vmail:                 +33 1 58 04 62 66
Fax:                   +33 4 92 96 79 08
Email:          	[email-masked]
_________________________________________________________________
Petra B - Les Lucioles - 291, rue Albert Caquot - 06560 Valbonne - France
_________________________________________________________________