Subject: New drafts related to MPLS control of non-packet technologies

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 21:50:13 -0600

Hello All,

FYI, there are three new drafts that focus on the application of
the MPLS control plane to technologies other than just packets.
They are:

1. draft-bernstein-gmpls-optical-00.txt 
-- Discusses some general issues that arise in the control
of optical TDM and WDM networks.
http:/www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bernstein-gmpls-optical-00.txt

2. draft-bms-sdhsonet-mpls-control-frmwrk-00.txt 
-- Provides an overview of SDH/SONET, and discusses issues specific to 
the application of MPLS control for SDH/SONET networks.
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bms-optical-sdhsonet-mpls-control-frmwrk-00.txt

3. 
draft-mack-crane-gmpls-signaling-enhancements-00.txt
-- Presents the rationale for and some enhancements to GMPLS signaling 
formats for optical TDM and WDM networks. 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mack-crane-gmpls-signaling-enhancements-00.txt

We 
welcome the WG's comments/suggestions, and look forward to discussing
these at San Diego.

Regards,

-Vishal