Subject: Verifying bits/period and equivalent ITU-T standards for GR-253 C ore.

From: "Upadhyay, Anurag" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 14:38:56 -0600

I would appreciate if someone could help me in locating information related
to the following:

1)	Bits/Period: Do we have standards/test cases related to the
bits/period for SONET from OC-3, OC-12, OC-48 and OC-192. What I am looking
for is a way to find out if there is a standard or a test case that
certifies that at the receiving end you get same number of bits that you
transmitted. Say for example if you have a vendor who says that their
equipment can transmit OC-48 (2.5 Gbps). Is there a way to find out if at
the receiving end we also receive 2.5 Gbps and not 2.4 Gbps. I have ordered
the most recent copy of the GR-253 Core standard and was interested if this
information is available in that document or any other place.

2) Equivalent ITU-T Standards for GR-253 Core: We are looking at the
European market and in Europe SDH is the relevant standard rather than
SONET. Could    
     you also help us in finding equivalent ITU-T standards for GR-253 CORE.

Thanks

Anurag Upadhyay
Optical Systems Engineer
Test & Certification
Network Architecture
Williams Communications
Tel: 918-573-9648
Fax: 918-573-3476