Subject: GMPLS bi-directional LSPs and bundles

From: "Achkinazi, Igor" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 12:13:39 -0500

Hi folks,

Could anyone clarify how upstream LSR can signal specific component link in
the bundle for bi-directional LSP establishment described in MPLS
generalized signaling draft? There is a COMPONENT_INTERFACE_ID object/TLV
for signaling of outgoing segment of bi-directional LSP. How upstream LSR
can signal COMPONENT_INTERFACE_ID for incoming segment of bi-directional
LSP? There is only upstream label that LSR can signal.

Thanks a lot,
Igor Achkinazi

---

From: Kireeti Kompella <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 09:56:28 -0800 (PST)

There are actually two component interface ids, one for each direction.

draft-kompella-mpls-bundle-03.txt, Section 5.2.1:

5.2.1. COMPONENT_INTERFACE_ID Object Class

   A new object class, the COMPONENT_INTERFACE_ID object class, is
   defined.  The Length field is set to 8.  The Class Num is TBD of form
   0bbbbbbb.  The DOWNSTREAM_COMPONENT_INTERFACE_ID object, which has a
   C_Type of 1, is used to indicate the component interface to be used
   for traffic flowing in the downstream direction.  The
   UPSTREAM_COMPONENT_INTERFACE_ID object, which has a C_Type of 2, is
   used to indicate the component interface to be used for traffic
   flowing in the upstream direction.

BTW, a new version of this draft has been posted and should show up
in a few days.  Among the changes are that component interface ids
are 32 bits.

Hope that helps,
Kireeti.