Subject: Re: What's in or out?

From: Kireeti Kompella <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2000 09:11:37 -0800 (PST)

Hi George,

> > Generalized MPLS - Signaling Functional Description (94621 bytes)
> > Generalized MPLS Signaling - CR-LDP Extensions (29232 bytes)
> > Generalized MPLS Signaling - RSVP-TE Extensions (43771 bytes)
> 
> I wish.  I believe the above three are bound to go into COMA.

You know, this new WG has an unfortunate name.  We really need
these (and related) items to move forward sprightly, not look for
life support.

While one could argue that GMPLS constitutes a new control plane,
and hence needs a new WG, where will "hardcore" MPLS drafts -- MPLS
protection/restoration, LSP hierarchy, LDP FT, MPLS & DiffServ, MPLS
signalling over unnumbered links etc, go?

Kireeti.

---

From: George Swallow <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2000 13:35:47 -0500

Kireeti -

> these (and related) items to move forward sprightly, not look for
 
I believe the name is well chosen.  I think there are a number of
parties that are interested in seeing the work slowed down.

> signalling over unnumbered links etc, go?

It's not clear at all to me at this point.  From what little I'm
hearing from the AD's a few things like LDP FT will stay in MPLS.
Most of the rest they want to pull into COMA until they 'sort things
out'.

>>>George

==================================================================
George Swallow       Cisco Systems                   (978) 244-8143
                     250 Apollo Drive
                     Chelmsford, Ma 01824