Subject: RSVP-TE Last Call

From: George Swallow <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2000 17:02:49 -0500

RSVP-TE defines mechanisms for local repair during a failure.  When
such a repair occurs, it would be appropriate for this to be conveyed
via an error message.  An error value should be added to the "Notify
Error Code" with the meaning "Tunnel locally repaired".

Several small edits for clarity were suggested out of the
interoperability testing that occurred at UNH.  Also a 
number of typos and other have been pointed
out.  I would I believe these should be incorporated before
publication as an RFC.

...George

======================================================================
George Swallow       Cisco Systems                   (978) 244-8143
                     250 Apollo Drive
                     Chelmsford, Ma 01824

---

From: Sudheer Dharanikota <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2000 09:36:53 -0800

Currently we are working only on the intra-area implications.
I would assume there will be many changes needed to the
signaling protocols for inter-area TE. What will we do about
these changes if we send the RSVP-TE draft to final call?

- sudheer

George Swallow wrote:

> ....George

---

From: George Swallow <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2000 12:58:57 -0500

It is completely normal to revise spec as they are expanded to cover
new functionality.  We need to get the base protocol standardized
before we start on extensions.

...George

p.s. The IESG last call ended yesterday.

==================================================================
George Swallow       Cisco Systems                   (978) 244-8143
                     250 Apollo Drive
                     Chelmsford, Ma 01824