Subject: Egress LSR

From: "Faisal S. Naik" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 02:15:35 +0500

Just a quick question about Egress LSR.
I am getting confused about how is the Egress LSR determined, so that an LSP be created b/w the Ingress and the Egress LSR?
Regards,
Faisal

---

From: Gaitonde Anandprasanna <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 03:24:13 +0530 (IST)

U will specify the egress lsr in the session Object of the Path message
as
far as RSVP-TE is concerened.

 But if u want to decide who should be the Egress LSR that is something 
the
ISP should determine as to between  which nodes he wants to have LSPs set
up so that he can manage  the traffic in his network.

I hope i answered u'r question

Pras

On Fri, 15 Dec 2000, Faisal S. Naik wrote:

> I am getting confused about how is the Egress LSR determined, 
so that an LSP be created b/w the Ingress and the Egress LSR?
> Faisal

                     _____________________________                  
                   _ |ANANDPRASANNA GAITONDE     | _ 
                  / )|COMP. SCIENCE & AUTOMATION |( \
                 / / |D-7,IISc HOSTEL            | \ \
                / /  |INDIAN INSTITUTE OF SCIENCE|  \ \
              _( (_  |BANGALORE-560012.          |  _) )_
              (((\ \>|_/->___________________<-_|</ /)))
              (\ _/ /LAB Ph.(080)3092906  \ _/ ////)
               \       /HOSTEL Ph.-            \       /  
                \    _/     (080)3092452        _    /     
                /   /-----------------------------\   \                  
               /  Email Id-                            \ 
              /      [email-masked]         \
	     ---------------------------------------------
            -----------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
		
*************************************************************************  
| | | | __ ___   _____     __ _    _ __ (_) ___ ___     __| | __ _ _   _
| |_| |/ _` \ \ / / _ \   / _` |  | '_ \| |/ __/ _ \   / _` |/ _` | | | |
|  _  | (_| |\ V /  __/  | (_| |  | | | | | (_|  __/  | (_| | (_| | |_| |
|_| |_|__,_| _/ ___|   __,_|  |_| |_|_|______|   __,_|__,_|__, |
*************************************************************************

---

From: Bora Akyol <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 15:25:43 -0800

For RSVP-TE, the egress is predetermined by the tunnel initiator and is 
part of the message. For LDP, the egress is the node that is the originator 
of the label for that FEC or an LSR that is acting as proxy egress.

At 01:15 PM 12/14/2000, Faisal S. Naik wrote:
>I am getting confused about how is the Egress LSR determined, so that an 
>LSP be created b/w the Ingress and the Egress LSR?
>Regards,
>Faisal

Bora Akyol
Pluris
[email-masked]

---

From: Arthi Ayyangar <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 21:08:19 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

Question pertaining to Section on expunging Path State with PathErr msg:

The way the section is worded, it seems to me that many actions are made
optional to an implementation. We can easily have a situation (the way it
is currently described) where in, some downstream LSRs (from the point
the error is detected) will have lost their Path state while upstream LSRs
could still be maintaining state. Should this be of any concern  at all??

To follow wht i'v said above, instead of having this behavior "on
certain error conditions" could it be possible to state some/any situation
where we would want the Path State to be expunged. 

Secondly wht would be the rationale for a downstream node to send Notify
request in a Resv msg.?? I mean what action should one expect from a
downstream node being notified of an error condition?

Thanks in advance,
-arthi