Subject: A question wrt "LSP hierarchy with MPLS TE" draft

From: Chrysostomos Tziouvaras <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2000 21:59:41 +0200 (EET)

Dear all,
I read the "LSP hierarchy with MPLS TE" draft and i have some questions.

1)Does the FA concept applies ONLY to the peer model? 

2)In the case that FA establishment is triggered by
mechanisms within MPLS (Section 7.2) who is the one that decides the
actual optical path : is it the edge router or the router that initiates
the Path/Request message?

3)If the answer is the router that initiates the Path/Request message is
it reasonable to assume that this router views the optical network as an
abstract node, considering that we are talking about the peer model?

Thanks 

Tziouvaras Chrysostomos
ICS-FORTH Researcher

---

From: Kireeti Kompella <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2000 17:00:06 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

> 1)Does the FA concept applies ONLY to the peer model? 

No.

> the Path/Request message?

Either.  In the former case, the initiator installs a loose hop to cross
the optical domain.

> abstract node, considering that we are talking about the peer model?

If the initiator computes the actual optical path, it has to see the
innards of the optical network -- i.e., it sees the optical network as
more than an abstract node.

Kireeti.