Subject: Revised I-D: IP over Optical Networks: Summary of Issues

From: "Raj Jain" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 18:03:25 -0800

We have revised our Internet Draft:
IP over Optical Networks: Summary of Issues
draft-osu-ipo-mpls-issues-01.txt

Abstract:
This draft presents a summary of issues related to transmission of IP
packets over optical networks.  This is a compilation of many drafts
presented so far in IETF.  The goal is to create a common document, which by
including all the views and proposals will serve as a better reference point
for further discussion.  The novelty of this draft is that we try to cover
all the main areas of integration and deployment of IP and optical networks
including architecture, routing, signaling, management, and survivability.
This -01 revision contains updated discussion on signaling (Section 4) and
fault restoration (Section 6).

The draft was returned back by the IETF mailer since it was late and will be
resubmitted to the Internet drafts directory after December 11, 2000. In the
mean time, it is available at:
http://www.cis.ohio-state.edu/~jain/ietf/issues.htm

Thanks.

-Raj

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Raj Jain
Nayna Networks, Inc.
157 Topaz St.
Milpitas, CA 95035
Phone: 408-956-8000X309
Fax: 408-956-8730
Email: [email-masked]