Subject: Query regarding the Error "RRO is too large"

From: Gaitonde Anandprasanna <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2000 21:25:30 +0530 (IST)

I am confused about one thing. Suppose i get a reserve message  with Share
explcit style then i have 

the following sender discriptor.

 <SE flow descriptor> ::= <FLOWSPEC> <SE filter spec list>
 
      <SE filter spec list> ::= <SE filter spec>
                               | <SE filter spec list> <SE filter spec>
 
      <SE filter spec> ::=     <FILTER_SPEC> <LABEL> [ <RECORD_ROUTE> ] 

      Note:  LABEL and RECORD_ROUTE (if present), are bound to the
             preceding FILTER_SPEC.  No more than one LABEL and/or
             RECORD_ROUTE may follow each FILTER_SPEC.       

So when we are forwarding the message do we have to put our address in
  ALL the
record route Object before forwarding. If yes in that case, if we see that
  when we add our address to one of the RROs the packet size goes beyond
the MTU then should we drop all RROs and send a Resv error to the reciver.

???

Please let me know.

Thanx in advance                    

Pras