Subject: Doubt regarding having Explaicit Route Object in Path Err.

From: Gaitonde Anandprasanna <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2000 13:48:14 +0530 (IST)

Thanx for  replying to my queries. 

I have one more question.

In the draft of RSVP-TE section 4.3.6 Forward Compatibility

 It is anticipated that new subobjects may be defined over time.  A
   node which encounters an unrecognized subobject during its normal ERO
   processing sends a PathErr with the error code "Routing Error" and
   error value of "Bad Explicit Route Object" toward the sender.  The
   EXPLICIT_ROUTE object is included, truncated (on the left) to the
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
   offending subobject.  The presence of an unrecognized subobject which
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
   is not encountered in a node's ERO processing SHOULD be ignored.  It
   is passed forward along with the rest of the remaining ERO stack. 

I did not understand how we can add the partial ERO (till the offending
subobject to the Path ERR.  Is there any Provision???

Thanx in advance

Pras