Subject: Some Question

From: "Mike Badil" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 03:28:15 -0500

Hi Everybody

I have following questions:
Q-1) suppose we have tree domains A, B,C
Domain B is transit network which support MPLS, domains A and C are stub 
domains.

    |----|          |-----------|            |-------|
    |    |__________|           |------------|       |
    |____|          |           |            |-------|
      A             |-----------|                C
                         B

Let say; we have VPN from A to C,  the traffic aggregated in domain A send 
via B to C(Aggregation in A can be IP-in-IP tunnelling, destination based 
aggregation etc.).

If the link between domains have enough capacity to carry aggregated traffic 
from A to C, but none of the path in B has enough capacity to carry this 
amount of traffic from ingress to eggress. However there are several paths 
between ingress and egress of B. If this traffic is distributed between two 
or more paths, it can be handled. In other word, by doing load balancing 
amoung the paths this request can be handled.
(for example; the traffic is:200 Mbps, all the link in B has 100 Mbps)

My question is: Can we assign the aggregated traffic to multiple path in 
inside B?

Or we can think this question in another way, in a MPLS domain, we have 
source which request 60Mbps from ingress to eggress but we have multiple 
path between these ingress-eggress pairs which have 40,30,20...
Mbps.

Can we distribute this request amoung these paths?

If the answer is yes, the problem which I think can happen is: The packet 
will arrive out of order. Is this really matter?

The second problem is: How the router will distribute this load between 
multiple paths? we could need counter or statistical multiplexing can be 
needed.

I will be really appreciate if somebody answer.

Mike

_________________________________________________________________
Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com

---

From: Eric Gray <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 07:50:04 -0500

Mike,

    Check out http://fictitious.org/mpls-omp/

--
Eric Gray