Subject: Info request...

From: Chrysostomos Tziouvaras <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 11:50:55 +0200 (EET)

Dear all,
I read the Constrained-Based LSP Setup using LDP draft and I have a
question :
In appendix A.2 it's said that "A request at ingress LSR to setup a CR-LSP
might originate from a management system or an application". As far as I
can undestand by management system it means the administrator.

1)Taking as granted that CR-LDP supports ONLY Request Driven Label
Assignment,how an application(through what protocol) can trigger the
birth of an CR-LSP?

2)In appendix B.2 the client specifies through signalling the PDR and the
PBS. Through what protocol is that achieved?

I also read the "Requirements for Traffic Engineering over MPLS" RFC and
there are some points not completely clear to me.

3)By definition it holds that every LSP can carry ONLY one trunk?

4)In the RFC it is said that attributes to trunks can be assigned through 
administration action or they can be implicitly assigned by the underlying 
prosocols. I am not quite sure that I can understand this.Take for example
the traffic attribute; An LSR at some point sees a traffic trunk.How can
he decide the peak rate of the traffic trunk?

Thanks in advance
Tziouvaras Chrysostomos
ICS-FORTH Researcher