Subject: [Fwd: Optional parameters in Hello message]

From: "Amarnath Honnavalli Anantharamaiah" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2000 09:02:54 +0530

Hi,

Can anyone please let me know about this query which I had asked.

Thanks
Amar

Subject: Optional parameters in Hello message
From: "Amarnath Honnavalli Anantharamaiah" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2000 17:31:58 +0530

[1]  In the hello message structure there is optional parameters field
which contains the following.
 IPv4 Transport Address                                     0x0401
Configuration Sequence Number                         0x0402
 IPv6 Transport Address                                     0x0403

Can anyone tell me the use of this parameters. Especially thies IP
Addresses, This
will be present in the UDP header when sending this message which can be

made use of this ..

[2]  If this IP adress in the LDP header is that to be used for
communication for further session establishment on a different interface
other than the one which is in the Hello adjacency, When do we have such
a requirement and what will be the purpose of having  different
interfaces, one for keeping hello adjecency and one for session
establishment.

Regards
Amar