Subject: Query regarding Path Err for RRO being too large for MTU.

From: Gaitonde Anandprasanna <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2000 21:59:31 +0530 (IST)

I am unable to understand the use of the follwowing . Can somebody explain
me this??

   If the newly added subobject causes the RRO to be too big to fit in a
   Path (or Resv) message, the RRO object SHALL be dropped from the
   message and message processing continues as normal.  A PathErr (or
   ResvErr) message SHOULD be sent back to the sender (or receiver).  An
   error code of "Notify" and an error value of "RRO too large for MTU"
   is used.  If the receiver receives such a ResvErr, it SHOULD send a
   PathErr message with error code of "Notify" and an error value of
   "RRO notification".
 
   A sender receiving either of these error values SHOULD remove the RRO     
    from the Path message.

------------ Uptill this it is fine. But what about the following??

   Nodes SHOULD resend the above PathErr or ResvErr message each n
   seconds where n is the greater of 15 and the refresh interval for the
   associated Path or RESV message.  The node MAY apply limits and/or
   back-off timers to limit the number of messages sent.
 
Why is this refreshing of PathErr required? and if its required then to
what point of time we should stop sending these messages. ?????

Please let me know..

thanx in advance

Pras

---

From: Prabakar T S <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2000 10:23:59 +0530

Pl, find the inlined comment.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Prabakaran TS.
Senior Software Engineer, 
Future Software Ltd,
480-481 Mount Road,
Nandanam,
Chennai - 600 035.
Ph : 433 05 50 - Extn : 363.
-----------------------------------------------------------

-----Original Message-----
From:	Gaitonde Anandprasanna [SMTP:[email-masked]]
Sent:	Sunday, December 03, 2000 10:00 PM
To:	[email-masked]
Subject:	Query regarding Path Err for  RRO being too large for MTU.

 

 

[Prabakaran TS]    

   >>The limits and/or back-off timer is used to ensure that the Sender responds to the
   >>PathErr Message Sent, within certain time.
   >>If no response from Sender, then PathErr is again transmitted.  This message
   >>Re-Transmission happens till, either when Sender responds with PathMsg with out RRO
   >>or When back-off time and/or limits crosses threshold value.
   
Please let me know..

thanx in advance

Pras