Subject: Clarification required on LSP hierarchy draft

From: Ramanjaneyulu Y T <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2000 13:59:40 +0530 (IST)

Hi Kireeti and Yakov Rekhter,

Can you please clarify the following doubt regarding your draft on
hierarchical lsp ?

Is my understanding alright if I say that the draft gives a method of
overlaying another LSP by re-using the FA-LSPs, wherever possible ?
As part of it newer FA-LSPs can also be created.

If one sets up an LSP by concatenating per-established FA-LSPs what will
be its property in terms of QoS Diffserv parameter mappings ? It can
happen that each of the FA-LSPs might have been created with certain QoS
attributes and by no means have anything to do with other FA-LSP
attributes. So, it is not clear to me what is going to be the QoS behavior
of the newly generated LSP.

If I use EXP bits of mpls shim header and Diffserv mappings, what PHB
bindings will be used so that these are consistent across all the
intermediate FS-LSPs ?

Thanks

Regards
Anand