Subject: [mpls] Reminder with respect to IETF IPR rules

From: Ross Callon <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 11:37:37 -0500

All who participate in the IETF processes (whether by participating on IETF
mailing lists, co-authoring documents, attending IETFs, or in other ways) need
to be aware of the IETF rules with regard to Intellectual Property Rights (IPR).
These rules are described in BCP79 and can be referenced through
http://www.ietf.org/ipr/policy.html. 

These are individual personal requirements that apply to all IETF participants,
including participants in the MPLS working group.
 
As MPLS WG chairs, we would like to minimize or hopefully eliminate late
disclosures relating to MPLS WG documents. Because of this, you may see
"reminder" emails in the future to authors and/or to the MPLS email list asking
people whether they know of IPR relating to specific documents. In order to
comply with IETF processes while avoiding unnecessary delays, document authors 
and contributors and anyone who knows of any IPR related to MPLS documents are 
asked to take these emails seriously when they show up, and to respond in a 
timely fashion. However, these reminder emails are just that: only a reminder 
of existing IETF policy, and we are all bound by that policy even in the 
absence of such reminder emails.
 
Thanks, Ross, Loa, and George
(as MPLS WG co-chairs)