Subject: Re: [mpls] New Version Notification for draft-ietf-mpls-tp-ring-protection-01.txt

From: "Weingarten, Yaacov (NSN - IL/Hod HaSharon)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 09:04:58 +0100

Hi all,

This new version addresses the comments that were submitted during the poll for acceptance as a WG draft.

Please let the authors know if there are additional points that should be addressed.

BR,
Yaacov Weingarten
Nokia Siemens Networks

-----Original Message-----
From: ext [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, February 15, 2012 10:02 AM
To: Weingarten, Yaacov (NSN - IL/Hod HaSharon)
Cc: Weingarten, Yaacov (NSN - IL/Hod HaSharon); [email-masked]; [email-masked]; Sprecher, Nurit (NSN - IL/Hod HaSharon); [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-mpls-tp-ring-protection-01.txt

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-mpls-tp-ring-protection-01.txt has been successfully submitted by Yaacov Weingarten and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-ietf-mpls-tp-ring-protection
Revision:	 01
Title:		 Applicability of MPLS-TP Linear Protection for Ring Topologies
Creation date:	 2012-02-15
WG ID:		 mpls
Number of pages: 28

Abstract:
   This document presents an applicability statement to address the
   requirements for protection of ring topologies for Multi-Protocol
   Label Switching Transport Profile (MPLS-TP) Label Switched Paths
   (LSP) on multiple layers.  The MPLS-TP Requirements document
   specifies specific criteria for justification of dedicated protection
   mechanism for particular topologies, including optimizing the number
   of OAM entities needed, minimizing the number of labels for
   protection paths, minimizing the number of recovery elements in the
   network, and minimizing the number of control and management
   transactions necessary.  The document proposes a methodology for ring
   protection based on existing MPLS-TP survivability mechanisms,
   specifically those defined in MPLS-TP Linear Protection, without the
   need for specification of new constructs or protocols.

   This document is a product of a joint Internet Engineering Task Force
   (IETF) / International Telecommunications Union Telecommunications
   Standardization Sector (ITU-T) effort to include an MPLS Transport
   Profile within the IETF MPLS and PWE3 architectures to support the
   capabilities and functionalities of a packet transport network as
   defined by the ITU-T.

The IETF Secretariat

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 17:19:15 +0800

yaacov,hi
i think it not clever method to apply 1+1 protection solution for the 
traffic on the ring. as i know, 50% resource is used for working path,
and another 50% resource is used to protecting path, if you apply 1+1 in 
p2mp steering solution, i suspect the resource of the ring is not 
adequate.
and under normal condition, applying 1+1 solution will waste double the 
resource of  the ring.

so i think we should continue to consider a good solution for steering 
protection.
it is my personal opinions, thank you!

B.R.
liu

"Weingarten, Yaacov (NSN - IL/Hod HaSharon)" <[email-masked]> 
发件人:  [email-masked]
2012-02-15 16:04

收件人
<[email-masked]>
抄送
[email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], 
[email-masked]
主题
Re: [mpls] New Version Notification for 
draft-ietf-mpls-tp-ring-protection-01.txt

Hi all,

This new version addresses the comments that were submitted during the 
poll for acceptance as a WG draft.

Please let the authors know if there are additional points that should be 
addressed.

BR,
Yaacov Weingarten
Nokia Siemens Networks

-----Original Message-----
From: ext [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, February 15, 2012 10:02 AM
To: Weingarten, Yaacov (NSN - IL/Hod HaSharon)
Cc: Weingarten, Yaacov (NSN - IL/Hod HaSharon); [email-masked]; 
[email-masked]; Sprecher, Nurit (NSN - IL/Hod HaSharon); 
[email-masked]; [email-masked]; 
[email-masked]; [email-masked]; 
[email-masked]
Subject: New Version Notification for 
draft-ietf-mpls-tp-ring-protection-01.txt

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-mpls-tp-ring-protection-01.txt has been 
successfully submitted by Yaacov Weingarten and posted to the IETF 
repository.

Filename:                 draft-ietf-mpls-tp-ring-protection
Revision:                 01
Title:                            Applicability of MPLS-TP Linear 
Protection for Ring Topologies
Creation date:            2012-02-15
WG ID:                            mpls
Number of pages: 28

Abstract:

The IETF Secretariat
_______________________________________________
mpls mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls

--------------------------------------------------------
ZTE Information Security Notice: The information contained in this mail is solely property of the sender's organization. This mail communication is confidential. Recipients named above are obligated to maintain secrecy and are not permitted to disclose the contents of this communication to others.
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the originator of the message. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender.
This message has been scanned for viruses and Spam by ZTE Anti-Spam system.