Subject: [mpls] [Editorial Errata Reported] RFC3031 (3171)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2012 23:23:31 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC3031,
"Multiprotocol Label Switching Architecture".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=3031&eid=3171

--------------------------------------
Type: Editorial
Reported by: Nikolai Malykh <[email-masked]>

Section: 3.20

Original Text
-------------
   Given a set of FECs which are "aggregatable" into a single FEC, it is
   possible to (a) aggregate them into a single FEC, (b) aggregate them
   into a set of FECs, or (c) not aggregate them at all.  Thus we can
   speak of the "granularity" of aggregation, with (a) being the
   "coarsest granularity", and (c) being the "finest granularity".

Corrected Text
--------------
   Given a set of FECs which are "aggregatable" into a single FEC, it is
   possible to (a) aggregate them into a single FEC, (b) aggregate them
   into a set of FECs, or (c) not aggregate them at all.  Thus we can
   speak of the "granularity" of aggregation, with (a) being the
   "coarsest granularity", and (b) being the "finest granularity".

Notes
-----
In the case of (c) the aggregation is not used, so there is no granularity.

Instructions:
-------------
This errata is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC3031 (draft-ietf-mpls-arch-06)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Multiprotocol Label Switching Architecture
Publication Date    : January 2001
Author(s)           : E. Rosen, A. Viswanathan, R. Callon
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Multiprotocol Label Switching
Area                : Routing
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG