Subject: [mpls] RFC 6639 on Multiprotocol Label Switching Transport Profile (MPLS-TP) MIB-Based Management Overview

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2012 23:26:04 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6639

        Title:      Multiprotocol Label Switching Transport Profile 
                    (MPLS-TP) MIB-Based Management Overview 
        Author:     D. King, Ed.,
                    M. Venkatesan, Ed.
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      29
        Characters: 58669
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mpls-tp-mib-management-overview-08.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6639.txt

A range of Management Information Base (MIB) modules has been
developed to help model and manage the various aspects of
Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) networks.  These MIB modules are
defined in separate documents that focus on the specific areas of
responsibility of the modules that they describe.

The MPLS Transport Profile (MPLS-TP) is a profile of MPLS
functionality specific to the construction of packet-switched
transport networks.

This document describes the MIB-based architecture for MPLS-TP,
indicates the interrelationships between different existing MIB
modules that can be leveraged for MPLS-TP network management, and
identifies areas where additional MIB modules are required.
This document is not an Internet Standards Track specification; it is
published for informational purposes.

This document is a product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC