Subject: [mpls] Continuation of the MPLS WG Review Team

From: Ross Callon <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 16:01:45 -0400

Earlier we announced that we were trying an experiment with a review team in order to help the chairs in review of documents, particularly documents waiting to be considered for adoption as MPLS WG documents. Originally the experiment was scheduled to run through the IETF in Vancouver. The original email announcing this is included below. 

The WG chairs have found the reviews to be quite useful. We are therefore extending the review team indefinitely.

In terms of how this fits into the IETF process: The MPLS review team is helping the WG chairs do their job better. As such the review team reports to the MPLS chairs and serve at the discretion of the MPLS chairs. Any comments on how the review team is doing may be sent directly to the MPLS WG chairs. 

Thanks, Ross, George and Loa	
(as MPLS WG co-chairs)

-----Original Message-----

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Loa Andersson
Sent: Tuesday, May 01, 2012 12:32 PM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: [mpls] The MPLS WG Review Team

Working Group,

The working group chairs have discussed the comparatively high
number of drafts on queue to become working groups drafts, and decided
that we need help in evaluating drafts before we poll them to become
working documents.

We have asked some of the more active and experienced working group
members to be part of a Review Team. Each member will review some
documents before the Vancouver meeting. The review team will be
set up as an experiment through the Vancouver meeting and after
evaluation, the chairs will decide whether the experiment will be
made permanent.

The reviewers will be asked comment on whether the document is coherent,
if is it useful (ie, is it likely to be actually useful in operational
networks), and is the document technically sound?

Reviews should be sent to the document authors, WG co-chairs and
secretary, and be CC'd to the MPLS WG email list. If necessary,
comments may be sent privately to only the WG chairs.

Thanks, George, Loa, and Ross
WG co-chairs

--