Subject: [mpls] draft-ietf-mpls-tp-use-cases-and-design-02

From: "Shahram Davari" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2012 23:45:25 +0000

Hi,

I am not sure it is late or not, but I found a discrepancy between This draft and  RFC5960. This draft says PHP is optional for MPLS-TP, while RFC5960 says PHP MUST not be used.

Is there any way to correct this before IESG publication?

Thank you,

[Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: cid:[email-masked]]

Shahram Davari | Technical Director, Network Switching Group
Broadcom Corporation | (O) 408-922-7436 | (M) 408-660-5695

[Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: image005]<http://www.linkedin.com/company/broadcom>[Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: image002]<http://twitter.com/#!/broadcom>[Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: image003]<https://www.facebook.com/Broadcom>[Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: image004]<https://plus.google.com/109188783526874806673/posts#109188783526874806673/posts>[Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: image006]<https://www.youtube.com/user/BroadcomCorporation>[Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: image008]<http://blog.broadcom.com/>[Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: image007]<http://broadcom.com/>

---

From: Gregory Mirsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2012 19:52:13 -0400

Hi Shahram,
I think that RFC 5960 says the same as draft but differently in the very last sentence of Section 3.1.1:
"Penultimate Hop Popping (PHP) MUST be disabled by default on MPLS-TP LSPs."
I read it that it might be explicitly enabled, hence it is optional.

    Regards,
        Greg
________________________________
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Shahram Davari
Sent: Tuesday, August 07, 2012 4:45 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [mpls] draft-ietf-mpls-tp-use-cases-and-design-02

Hi,

Thank you,

<http://www.linkedin.com/company/broadcom><http://twitter.com/#!/broadcom><https://www.facebook.com/Broadcom><https://plus.google.com/109188783526874806673/posts#109188783526874806673/posts><https://www.youtube.com/user/BroadcomCorporation><http://blog.broadcom.com/><http://broadcom.com/>

---

From: "Luyuan Fang (lufang)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2012 01:56:44 +0000

Shahram,

It is a valid point, thanks.
We can replace "PHP as optional" with "PHP must be disabled by default".

I assume we can make the change through RFC editing process, Loa can help to confirm if OK.

Thanks,
Luyuan

Hi,

Thank you,

---

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2012 09:13:29 +0100

I will include this point in my AD review and you can fix it in the respin that
will be needed.
 
A
 
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Luyuan
Fang (lufang)
Sent: 08 August 2012 02:57
To: Shahram Davari; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [mpls] draft-ietf-mpls-tp-use-cases-and-design-02
 
Shahram,

I assume we can make the change through RFC editing process, Loa can help to
confirm if OK.
 
Thanks,
Luyuan
 
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Shahram
Davari
Sent: Tuesday, August 07, 2012 4:45 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [mpls] draft-ietf-mpls-tp-use-cases-and-design-02
 
Hi,
 
I am not sure it is late or not, but I found a discrepancy between This draft
and  RFC5960. This draft says PHP is optional for MPLS-TP, while RFC5960 says
PHP MUST not be used.

Thank you,

Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description:
Description: Description: Description: Description: Description:

 <http://www.linkedin.com/company/broadcom> Description: Description:
Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description:
Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: image005
<http://twitter.com/#!/broadcom> Description: Description: Description:
Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description:
Description: Description: Description: Description: image002
<https://www.facebook.com/Broadcom> Description: Description: Description:
Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description:
Description: Description: Description: Description: image003
<https://plus.google.com/109188783526874806673/posts#109188783526874806673/posts
> Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description:
Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description:
Description: image004 <https://www.youtube.com/user/BroadcomCorporation>
Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description:
Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description:
Description: image006 <http://blog.broadcom.com/> Description: Description:
Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description:
Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: image008
<http://broadcom.com/> Description: Description: Description: Description:
Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description:
Description: Description: Description: image007

---

From: "Luyuan Fang (lufang)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2012 08:16:06 +0000

Sure. Thanks, Adrian.
Luyuan

From: Adrian Farrel [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, August 08, 2012 1:13 AM
To: Luyuan Fang (lufang); 'Shahram Davari'; [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [mpls] draft-ietf-mpls-tp-use-cases-and-design-02

I will include this point in my AD review and you can fix it in the respin that will be needed.

A

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Luyuan Fang (lufang)
Sent: 08 August 2012 02:57
To: Shahram Davari; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [mpls] draft-ietf-mpls-tp-use-cases-and-design-02

Shahram,

Thanks,
Luyuan

Hi,

Thank you,

[Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: cid:[email-masked]]

[Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: image005]<http://www.linkedin.com/company/broadcom>[Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: image002]<http://twitter.com/#!/broadcom>[Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: image003]<https://www.facebook.com/Broadcom>[Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: image004]<https://plus.google.com/109188783526874806673/posts#109188783526874806673/posts>[Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: image006]<https://www.youtube.com/user/BroadcomCorporation>[Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: image008]<http://blog.broadcom.com/>[Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: image007]<http://broadcom.com/>