Subject: [mpls] I-D Action: draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-ip-pw-capability-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2012 20:56:53 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Disabling IPoMPLS and P2P PW LDP Applications
	Author(s)       : Kamran Raza
                          Sami Boutros
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-ip-pw-capability-02.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2012-08-18

Abstract:
   Currently, no LDP capability is exchanged for LDP applications like
   IP label switching and L2VPN P2P PW signaling. When an LDP session
   comes up, an LDP speaker may unnecessarily advertise its local state
   for such LDP applications even when the peer session may be
   established for some other applications like ICCP. This document
   proposes a solution by which an LDP speaker announces its disinterest
   in such non-negotiated application. This, in turn, disables the
   advertisement of corresponding application state, which would have
   otherwise be advertised by default, over the established LDP session.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-ip-pw-capability

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-ip-pw-capability-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-ip-pw-capability-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "Kamran Raza (skraza)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2012 04:30:42 +0000

Hello WG,

The latest rev of our draft makes substantial changes from its previous
rev. 
As this draft is approaching WG LC, we request you to review and provide
any feedback
on this latest rev.

Regards,
-- Kamran and Sami

On 12-08-18 11:56 PM, "[email-masked]"
<[email-masked]> wrote:

>_______________________________________________
>mpls mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls

---

From: "Kamran Raza (skraza)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2012 16:03:36 +0000

The changes in this draft are:
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-ip-pw-capability-02.
txt

 - Section 4: Consolidated two separate IP and PW (disable) LDP
capabilities into a "single" LDP capability.
 - Section 5: Rearranged/moved some of text/description from subsection to
main section on
   Capability procedures.

 - Section 6.4: Added a new use case (in dual-stack environment) to
section 6 (Operational Examples).
 - Changed the title of the doc
 - Terminology update and some general cleanup of doc

Thanks.