Subject: [mpls] new milestones for the MPLS working group

From: Loa Andersson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2012 13:24:18 +0200

Working Group,

Our ADs has been nagging the working groups chairs that we are bad not
managing the working group goals and milestones. A quick look at our
charter page confirms that they are right :)! Well AD's are right
sometimes. All our goals and milestones are marked "DONE" and we are
busier than ever.

The working group chairs have discussed new milestones for the working
group and come up with the list below. We will add the new milestones to
the charter end of next week, but we have wanted to give the authors of
the working group draft a chance to commit to the schedule for their
drafts. Please do so in a *unidirectional*  mail addressed to the chairs
and to the working group secretary.

We have used the working group drafts as the first order milestones,
but we have also grouped them and the groups also form milestones.
The consequence is that the group has a target date equal to the draft
with the latest target date. If we add a new draft with a later target
than any other in the group, the target date will be moved.

Here is the list of the new milestones:

MPLS Working Group Milestones
=============================

Complete the MPLS-TP drafts (2013-06)
-------------------------------------

- draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-mpls-tp-oam-conf (2013-03)
- draft-ietf-mpls-tp-1ton-protection (2013-06)
- draft-ietf-mpls-tp-ethernet-addressing (2012-12)
- draft-ietf-mpls-tp-itu-t-identifiers (2012-11)
- draft-ietf-mpls-tp-mip-mep-map (2013-06)
- draft-ietf-mpls-tp-oam-id-mib (2012-12)
- draft-ietf-mpls-tp-ring-protection (2012-12)
- draft-ietf-mpls-tp-security-framework (2012-12)
- draft-ietf-mpls-tp-te-mib (2012-12)
- draft-ietf-mpls-tp-temporal-hitless-psm (2013-06)
- draft-ietf-mpls-tp-use-cases-and-design (2012-12)
- draft-ietf-mpls-tp-rosetta-stone (2013-06)

Complete Generic Associated Channel Enhancements (2012-12)
----------------------------------------------------------

- draft-ietf-mpls-gach-adv (2012-12)

Address IPv6 aspects of MPLS (2012-12)
--------------------------------------

- draft-ietf-mpls-ipv6-pw-lsp-ping (2012-12)
- draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-ipv6 (2012-12)

Address MPLS architecture issues (2013-03)
------------------------------------------

- draft-ietf-mpls-entropy-label (2012-11)
- draft-ietf-mpls-seamless-mcast (2013-03)
- draft-ietf-mpls-seamless-mpls (2013-03)

Complete LDP enhancements (2013-06)
-----------------------------------

- draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-applicability-label-adv (2013-03)
- draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-dod (2013-03)
- draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-gtsm (done)
- draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-hello-crypto-auth (2013-06)
- draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-ip-pw-capability (2013-04)
- draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-multi-topology (2013-05)

Complete LSP PIng Enhancements (2013-03)
----------------------------------------

- draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-ttl-tlv  (2013-03)
- draft-ietf-mpls-return-path-specified-lsp-ping (2012-12)

Complete mLDP Enhancements (2013-06)
------------------------------------
			
- draft-ietf-mpls-mldp-in-band-signaling (2012-12)
- draft-ietf-mpls-targeted-mldp (2013-06)

/Loa
for the working group chairs

-- 

Loa Andersson                         email: [email-masked]
Sr Strategy and Standards Manager            [email-masked]
Ericsson Inc                          phone: +46 10 717 52 13
                                              +46 767 72 92 13