Subject: [mpls] Last Call: <draft-ietf-mpls-ipv6-pw-lsp-ping-03.txt> (Label Switched Path (LSP) Ping for IPv6 Pseudowire FECs) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2012 14:31:16 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Multiprotocol Label Switching WG
(mpls) to consider the following document:
- 'Label Switched Path (LSP) Ping for IPv6 Pseudowire FECs'
  <draft-ietf-mpls-ipv6-pw-lsp-ping-03.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-11-09. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS) Label Switched Path (LSP) Ping
   and traceroute mechanisms are commonly used to detect and isolate
   data plane failures in all MPLS LSPs including Pseudowire (PW) LSPs.
   The PW LSP Ping and traceroute elements, however, are not specified
   for IPv6 address usage.

   This document extends the PW LSP Ping and traceroute mechanisms so
   they can be used with IPv6 PWs, and updates RFC 4379.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-ipv6-pw-lsp-ping/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-ipv6-pw-lsp-ping/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.