Subject: [mpls] Last Call: <draft-ietf-mpls-mldp-in-band-signaling-07.txt> (Multipoint LDP in-band signaling for Point-to-Multipoint and Multipoint- to-Multipoint Label Switched Paths) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 14:48:32 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Multiprotocol Label Switching WG
(mpls) to consider the following document:
- 'Multipoint LDP in-band signaling for Point-to-Multipoint and
   Multipoint- to-Multipoint Label Switched Paths'
  <draft-ietf-mpls-mldp-in-band-signaling-07.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-11-09. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Consider an IP multicast tree, constructed by Protocol Independent
   Multicast (PIM), needs to pass through an MPLS domain in which
   Multipoint LDP (mLDP) Point-to-Multipoint and/or Multipoint-to-
   Multipoint Labels Switched Paths (LSPs) can be created.  The part of
   the IP multicast tree that traverses the MPLS domain can be
   instantiated as a multipoint LSP.  When a PIM Join message is
   received at the border of the MPLS domain, information from that
   message is encoded into mLDP messages.  When the mLDP messages reach
   the border of the next IP domain, the encoded information is used to
   generate PIM messages that can be sent through the IP domain.  The
   result is an IP multicast tree consisting of a set of IP multicast
   sub-trees that are spliced together with a multipoint LSP.  This
   document describes procedures how IP multicast trees are spliced
   together with multipoint LSPs.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-mldp-in-band-signaling/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-mldp-in-band-signaling/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.
However, an IPR declaration against draft-wijnands-mpls-mldp-in-band-signaling
that this I-D replaced can be seen at:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1305/