Subject: [mpls] AD review of draft-ietf-mpls-ipv6-pw-lsp-ping

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2012 18:08:31 +0100

Thanks for this document. I have done my usual AD review and have 
nothing to add except for some minor comments on the IANA section.
If you could make an update that would be very helpful.

You do not need to wait for the submission gates to reopen on 5th
November. If you send me the file(s) for submission I will get the
Secretariat to post them.

Thanks,
Adrian

---

Section 6

It appears you are asking to *replace* the pointer to RFC 4379 for the
three IPv4 sub-TLVs. I don't think you should do that because they are
defined in 4379. So add the word "also".

OLD
   Update the names of the Value fields of these three Sub-TLVs, adding
   the "IPv4" qualifier (see Section 2), and update the Reference to
   point to this document:
NEW
   Update the names of the Value fields of these three Sub-TLVs, adding
   the "IPv4" qualifier (see Section 2), and update the Reference to
   also point to this document:
END

---

Section 6 usefully calls out TBD1 and TBD2, but the rest of the document
uniformly uses TBD. If you could update to always use TBD1 and TBD2 this
will ensure that the RFC Editor works with IANA to get this right.

---

In Section 6, please explicitly ask IANA to make the appropriate entries
in the Type 21 sub-TLVs list.