Subject: [mpls] I-D Action: draft-ietf-mpls-app-aware-tldp-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2017 16:51:42 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching of the IETF.

        Title           : Application-aware Targeted LDP
        Authors         : Santosh Esale
                          Raveendra Torvi
                          Luay Jalil
                          Uma Chunduri
                          Kamran Raza
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mpls-app-aware-tldp-06.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2017-01-20

Abstract:
   Recent targeted LDP (tLDP) applications such as remote loop-free
   alternate (LFA) and BGP auto discovered pseudowire may automatically
   establish a tLDP session to any LSR in a network.  The initiating LSR
   has information about the targeted applications to administratively
   control initiation of the session. However, the responding LSR has no
   such information to control acceptance of this session. This document
   defines a mechanism to advertise and negotiate Targeted Applications
   Capability (TAC) during LDP session initialization.  As the
   responding LSR becomes aware of targeted applications, it may
   establish a limited number of tLDP sessions for certain applications.
   In addition, each targeted application is mapped to LDP Forwarding
   Equivalence Class (FEC) Elements to advertise only necessary LDP FEC-
   label bindings over the session. This document updates RFC 7473.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-app-aware-tldp/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mpls-app-aware-tldp-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-mpls-app-aware-tldp-06

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/