Subject: [mpls] nits and question on draft-ietf-mpls-spring-lsp-ping-02

From: Loa Andersson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2017 11:54:50 +0800

Working Group, authors,

I had a quick look at  draft-ietf-mpls-spring-lsp-ping-02, I have a few
small nits and questions for the authors.

1. FEC is a well know abbreviation in MPLS context, but it is not 
well-know in wider IETF context. It needs to be expanded at first
occurrence.

2. We have early allocation for this document, can you place the 
following not in the IANA section in section 10.1.

"Note to the RFC Editor (please remove before publication): IANA has
  made early allocation for sub-type 34, 35 and 35. The early allocation
  expires 2017-09-15."

And then we create a "#Protocol" sub-registry in  "Multi-Protocol Label
Switching (MPLS) Label Switched Paths (LSPs) Ping Parameters" We will 
need to define allocation policies and code point range. IMHO the policy
should be "Standards Action" and the code range 0-255.

And a last question, should BGP-LS be in that registry?

/Loa
-- 

Loa Andersson                        email: [email-masked]
Senior MPLS Expert                          [email-masked]
Huawei Technologies (consultant)     phone: +46 739 81 21 64

---

From: Loa Andersson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2017 16:26:08 +0800

Folks,

Unless I missed something there has been no responses to this!

/Loa

--

---

From: "Carlos Pignataro (cpignata)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2017 13:29:34 +0000

Hi, Loa,

> On Feb 3, 2017, at 10:54 PM, Loa Andersson <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Working Group, authors,
> 
> 1. FEC is a well know abbreviation in MPLS context, but it is not well-know in wider IETF context. It needs to be expanded at first
> occurrence.

Agreed.

> 
> 2. We have early allocation for this document, can you place the following not in the IANA section in section 10.1.
> 
> expires 2017-09-15.”

OK.

> Switching (MPLS) Label Switched Paths (LSPs) Ping Parameters" We will need to define allocation policies and code point range. IMHO the policy

This is OK — I would also reserve a couple of values for Experiments.

> And a last question, should BGP-LS be in that registry?

I guess no until someone needs it?

Thanks,

— Carlos.