Subject: [mpls] Protocol Action: 'Residence Time Measurement in MPLS network' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-mpls-residence-time-15.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2017 20:47:50 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Residence Time Measurement in MPLS network'
  (draft-ietf-mpls-residence-time-15.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Alia Atlas and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-residence-time/

Technical Summary

 This document specifies a new Generic Associated Channel for
  Residence Time Measurement and describes how it can be used by time
  synchronization protocols within a MPLS domain.

   Residence time is the variable part of propagation delay of timing
   and synchronization messages and knowing what this delay is for each
   message allows for a more accurate determination of the delay to be
   taken into account in applying the value included in a Precision Time
   Protocol event message.

Working Group Summary

The working group processing of this group was fairly smooth, 
 experts in the area have ben chiming in and very much
 improved the document.

  There has been a high degree of collaboration between members of 
  the MPLS, TICTOC and BMWG Working Groups. There are currently 6 co-
  authors listed on the front page. This was discussed (chairs, 
  shepherd, AD and authors), we said that considering the level of 
  contribution from different sources, we agreed that it is motivated
  to have all 6 authors listed on the front page. 

Document Quality

We are aware of intentions to implement this specification, an
 Implementation Poll has been started and the Write-Up will be added as
 new information is available.

Personnel

   Who is the Document Shepherd for this document? Loa Andersson
   Who is the Responsible Area Director? Deborah Brungard