Subject: [mpls] RFC 8223 on Application-Aware Targeted LDP

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2017 16:44:37 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8223

        Title:      Application-Aware Targeted LDP 
        Author:     S. Esale, 
                    R. Torvi,
                    L. Jalil,
                    U. Chunduri,
                    K. Raza
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      18
        Characters: 41798
        Updates:    RFC 7473

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mpls-app-aware-tldp-09.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8223

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8223

Recent Targeted Label Distribution Protocol (tLDP) applications, such
as remote Loop-Free Alternates (LFAs) and BGP auto-discovered
pseudowires, may automatically establish a tLDP session with any Label
Switching Router (LSR) in a network.  The initiating LSR has
information about the targeted applications to administratively
control initiation of the session.  However, the responding LSR has no
such information to control acceptance of this session.  This document
defines a mechanism to advertise and negotiate the Targeted
Application Capability (TAC) during LDP session initialization.  As
the responding LSR becomes aware of targeted applications, it may
establish a limited number of tLDP sessions for certain applications.
In addition, each targeted application is mapped to LDP Forwarding
Equivalence Class (FEC) elements to advertise only necessary LDP
FEC label bindings over the session.  This document updates RFC 7473
for enabling advertisement of LDP FEC label bindings over the session.

This document is a product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC