Subject: [mpls] RFC 8227 on MPLS-TP Shared-Ring Protection (MSRP) Mechanism for Ring Topology

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2017 17:26:13 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8227

        Title:      MPLS-TP Shared-Ring Protection (MSRP) Mechanism 
                    for Ring Topology 
        Author:     W. Cheng, 
                    L. Wang,
                    H. Li, 
                    H. van Helvoort,
                    J. Dong
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      56
        Characters: 128880
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mpls-tp-shared-ring-protection-06.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8227

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8227

This document describes requirements, architecture, and solutions for
MPLS-TP Shared-Ring Protection (MSRP) in a ring topology for point-
to-point (P2P) services.  The MSRP mechanism is described to meet the
ring protection requirements as described in RFC 5654.  This document
defines the Ring Protection Switching (RPS) protocol that is used to
coordinate the protection behavior of the nodes on an MPLS ring.

This document is a product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC