Subject: [mpls] Last Call: <draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-mrt-06.txt> (LDP Extensions to Support Maximally Redundant Trees) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2017 09:05:02 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Multiprotocol Label Switching WG
(mpls) to consider the following document: - 'LDP Extensions to Support
Maximally Redundant Trees'
  <draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-mrt-06.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-09-01. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies extensions to the Label Distribution
   Protocol(LDP) to support the creation of label-switched paths for
   Maximally Redundant Trees (MRT).  A prime use of MRTs is for unicast
   and multicast IP/LDP Fast-Reroute, which we will refer to as MRT-FRR.

   The sole protocol extension to LDP is simply the ability to advertise
   an MRT Capability.  This document describes that extension and the
   associated behavior expected for LSRs (Label Switching Routers) and
   LERs (Label Edge Routers) advertising the MRT Capability.

   MRT-FRR uses LDP multi-topology extensions and requires three
   different multi-topology IDs to be allocated from the MPLS MT-ID
   space.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-mrt/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-mrt/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.